Speaker 1: Really, the only thing missing from the Davante Adams saga was a nineteenth century Macob poet. Until now, quoth the Raider, nevermore. That'll probably be a few more days. We'll tell you the latest on trade talk surrounding the star receiver. Kirk Cousins was swag surfing last night. Oh my god, I don't know what that is, and I don't think Kirk does either. Baldy, though, will be here to break down another heart stopping Falcons win. Meanwhile, Brian Robinson, the Junior and the Commanders are rolling, but will Robinson played through his knee injury on Sunday against the Browns. Don't set your fantasy lineup until you hear our interview with one of the NFL's leading rushers. We're never questionable. Welcome inside with the insiders alongside Mike Garafolo, I am Tom Pelissero. Week five in the NFL got off to a heckham last night in Atlanta. We will get a lot more on that game when it says about the state of the NFC South, but let's start by looking ahead to Sunday. Some key injuries impacting the rest of Week five across the NFL of course, a lot of eyes on the Colts. They're running back Jonathan Taylor out with what we've reported is a relatively mild high ankle spray, but a high ankle nonetheless. Quarterback Anthony Richardson, by the way, listed as questionable. That one's going to go potentially up until game time. Joe Mixon out once again because of his ankle. Malik Neighbors still in the concussion protocol, he is out against the Seahawks. Michael Parsons also out, No surprise there as he deals with his own high ankle spraying. Dallas without its top two pass rushers, no DeMarcus Lawrence either as they get set to head to Pittsburgh, and maybe some fantasy owners getting Evan Inger back questionable with his hamstring. David n Joku, by the way, also questionable, potentially tight end help on the way. DeVante Adams well, he's out for multiple reasons, mainly for this week the hamstring injury.
Speaker 2: Even if things were let's say.
Speaker 1: On better terms right now between him and the Raiders, we know, as Mike and Ian Rapport reported several days ago, Adams has told the Raiders he prefers to be traded there are numerous teams involved in potential trade talks going the team that Davante Well he hinted not so subtly at today on social media by posting first a photo of Edgar Allan Poe. He followed that up with a quote from Poe saying, believe nothing you hear and half.
Speaker 2: Of what you see.
Speaker 1: Edgar Allan Poe of course connected to Ravens, as somebody pointed out to me earlier today.
Speaker 2: He also wrote.
Speaker 1: Something about the mask of the Red Death or the red mask of death or death whatever it was, something like that is not the Chiefs. You can read all you want into it here, Mike, but the reality is we might still be a few days away from getting resolution with DeVante Adams.
Speaker 2: Where do we stand?
Speaker 3: We stand with Davonte Adams now playing the social media game and having some fun.
Speaker 4: Listen. I think it was half having fun with us and.
Speaker 3: Half an indication of one of the top teams on his list of teams that he would like to play for. And again we've made it clear that the Las Vegas Raiders are not going to let him just pick his destination and then send him there. They want to do what's best for the organization in this case. So, yeah, you want to go to the Jets, the Saints, the Ravens, like he has interest in all these teams to a certain degree. And frankly all these teams, and you're going to see the cap space there, and cap space can always be created. We always remind you of that all those teams would have interest in him. It's just a question of can they meet the asking price that the Raiders are going to want and can they leap over some of these other teams. Now, nothing is imminit from what I'm told, and we continue with the timeline of next week is when something could really heat up and come together, and maybe something this weekend. Maybe if it's an injury or a poor performance and a team goes, you know what, we gotta go hard for Devonte Adams. So it's hard to project this thing right now, but I believe he's made it clear that the Baltimore Ravens would be one of the preferred landing spots for NT.
Speaker 1: The Mask of the Red Death. See, I had it, they had it on the first shot there, and then I got my brain all confused. Not as famous of a story from Edground Poe as the Raven though, of course, so we'll see perhaps some other late nineteenth century poets that he likes to reference in the coming days. Here we know this, Jordan Love is still on DeVante Adams old team, the Green Bay Packers, smiling at practice and for good reason for the first time in close to months as he sufvered that MCL spring in Brazil. Full participation in practice this week for Jordan Love. He is off the injury report. Good to go against the Rams, Mike, This isn't a surprise with Jordan Love. He did take the one hit on that knee during the game, but which you saw after that was as that game went on last week against the Vikings, even though they lost, he seemed to get more comfortable. He was stepping into his throws a little bit more normally.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Big game right across the street at Sofi Stadium.
Speaker 2: For Green Bay this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's going to be a big part of it is gaining the confidence and getting that feelback, and the injury itself starting to heal, and the MCL injury when you turn a corner it really starts to improve. So that process is not just done once he's back and playing. No, this is something he's still going through right now, and you're right, kind of did go through at mid game the other day.
Speaker 4: So the fact that he was upgraded.
Speaker 3: To a full participant, had another week of practice, another chance to go out there in a live game and feel that knee underneath him and push off it and drive off and move around with it. Everything he's got to do is only going to build that confidence and only going to allow him to get more comfortable, more effective, and also give him a chance to protect himself even better than he did last week.
Speaker 1: Some questions about his receiver group this week, Romeo Dobbs Christian Watson both listed as doubtful. But when I saw Watson listed as doubtful, I actually said, that's a pretty good sign, because last week it sounded like he was going to be out for a lot more time than that. Matt Lafleur said this week, Watson not going to land on injured reserve. Maybe they get him back sooner than later. Just doesn't sound like it's going to be this week. The Vikings team, of course, that beat the Packers last week, now off to London as we kick off the annual series across the Atlantic. Vikings have made it to London, where our Jamie Erda caught up with running back Aaron Jones, who for the second week in a row, is facing a team going the quarterback in this case that he knows well.
Speaker 5: Men er have a great relationship.
Speaker 6: I think I owe him a lot of credit for my career. He believed in me, really when kind of nobody else did. Remember running onto the field and he was like, hey, I'm your biggest fan in this organization, and that did a lot for me as a rookie stepping onto the field like, hey, I belong here.
Speaker 5: He believes in me. I belong on this film, let me prove him right.
Speaker 6: So he's done a lot for me in my career and I just like to thank him in it is great to see him still playing and playing at a high level.
Speaker 7: Speaking of having belief in you, the Vikings did this offseason and Kevin O'Connell has in this playbook what has this offense felt like for you and why does it suit Aaron Jones in your style so well?
Speaker 5: I love this offense. The ko finds the creative ways.
Speaker 6: That get me the ball, whether it's out in space, running the ball, just finds those matchup advantages for us.
Speaker 5: And that's across the blower, whether it's me.
Speaker 6: Jed's Ja, any of the times of the receivers, any of the backs. So just coming in learning that offense, it blended in perfectly with kind of system that I was in under in Green Bay. It's very similar to this, but with this little little changes that Ko makes and is those changes are nice.
Speaker 1: Quarterback Kirk Cousins had himself a night on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Don't got a little EDGI toward the end. This is twelve seconds to go.
Speaker 1: They got to get into field goal range here to tie the game up.
Speaker 2: Hustle everybody to the line everyon.
Speaker 1: When the Cowboys tried this and the official took like ten seconds to reset the ball five times.
Speaker 2: This guy just taps it. Falcons spike it with one second to go. Young way Ku.
Speaker 1: He had missed a couple earlier in the game, but puts that one right down the heart and to overtime we go. Falcons win the coin toss, which oftentimes means you're gonna win the game.
Speaker 2: First and ten for the Bucks.
Speaker 1: Forty five Cousins to cod Darryl Hodge, the legend himself hits the speedvers right there pulls away from the Bucks defense. A big win for the Falcons int thirty six to thirty and just like that they got a piece of first place in the NFC South. Kirk Cousins, I can knot get over that celebration. I'll just kick it over this number. Five hundred and nine passing yards for Kirk Cousins in that game. Someone watching it live, it actually felt like more than that. But Kirk Cousins put up some big numbers. He has led some epic comebacks. That was not the biggest, certainly one of the more fun ones in Cousin's career. As we welcome in our Brian Baldinger to the conversation, Baldy, you watched that game last night. It was very much defense optional. The Falcons didn't get a big play on defense from Jesse Bates poking that ball loose from Bucky Irving. But you watch what Kirk Cousins and that offense did. It seemed like a step forward for Atlanta.
Speaker 8: It was a huge step tom because he got everybody involved. You know, it was Drake London, you know, it was Kyle Pitts, it was Cardero Hodge, it was Darnell Mooney. I mean, he spread the ball around to everybody, whether you know b John Robinson out of the backfield, everybody got involved. I mean to drop back sixty two times in today's world against a Todd Bowles team that's going to blitz him and everything. I mean, that's this throw right here to Darnell Mooney. You gotta have the guts of a burglar to make that throw into that spot was Zion McCullum, right into the teeth of the zone right here, and to trust your receiver to go up and get it against a really good corner in McCollum. That was as a gutsy play. And that's kind of how he's played at the end of this game, at the end of that Monday night game against the Eagles, like he shows up when you need it the most, and that was that was impressive. They brought him there for a reason, and you're starting to see it right now primetime.
Speaker 3: Kirk Cousins has taken on a new meaning the last couple of weeks. Brian Baldinger, since he's got down there. Look, I was down there for the Week one game against the Pittsburgh Steelers and just leaving that stadium. I just had this feeling of like, wow, it's really got this feeling of uh pressure, things maybe starting to some cracks in the foundation already.
Speaker 4: But internally they had the confidence in him.
Speaker 3: And and we haven't mentioned Michael Pennock's name in the last couple of weeks. And it really is impressive that Kirk Cousins was able to shake off that debut. And they said that, you know, he and Zach Robinson would get to know each other better play caller, quarterback and feel more comfortable. And that's evident because when they put the ball in the air. That running game at times was a little sluggish, but when they put the ball in the air last night, you just saw the confidence in the.
Speaker 4: Way that they were calling things. I mean, some of the like the one incompletion in the movie was a drop ball. It was a great call and a great route and a great throw. So they're really humming on offense.
Speaker 3: And I give him credit for telling me after that week one game, don't worry, we're going to get into a groove.
Speaker 4: And they certainly have.
Speaker 8: You know, they only ran it, you know, less than fifteen times last night. Was it was all Kirk Cousins. But I really think that this offense, what Zach Robinson is doing right now is I mean, this is the best game I've seen Kyle Piss play in a long long time. He got heavily involved in this game. There was a lot of interesting type of route combinations and it's really suited Kirk Cousins because the protection was very good for most of the night, and that's something you always have to really guard against against the Todd Bowles blitzing defense. But they picked up the blitz as well. It looked like Todd really backed off after a while. And what you saw from Kirk is his ability to go from the right side of the field all the way to the left side and to really know where all of his receivers are, just spatial relations of it, and then the arm strength is still there to just get it there, whether it's a second or third or even the fourth read. On a couple of occasions last night, Mike mentioned the prime time Kirk Cousins knock. The other knock on Kirk was clutch. He's just a guy who racks up big stats. He doesn't deliver down the stretch.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 1: I think that he dispensed of that over the past couple of years in Minnesota. But look what they've done so far this season. Two and zero in primetime and a game winning drive in all three of those engineered by none other than Kirk Cousins. Baldy stick around a lot more from you in a little bit here. Kirk Cousins and Baker Mayfield actually got together before that game yesterday and also did something pretty cool, joining forces before the game to support those impacted by Hurricane Helene. Baker and Kirk have donated fifty thousand dollars each to a veteran led nonprofit group called Team Rubicon. They help communities dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Aleen.
Speaker 10: In the wake of Hurricane Aleen, countless lives have been profoundly impacted across the Southeastern United States. The destruction was severe, leaving many families struggling to find shelter and basic necessities. That's why Kirk and I are teaming up and each donating fifty thousand dollars to support Team Rubicon.
Speaker 9: They have volunteers who are on the front lines, getting their hands dirty and getting involved to do all the work that it takes to clean.
Speaker 10: Up their dedicated volunteers are working tirelessly to assist those in need, ensuring that help will be able to reach every single corner of the affected areas.
Speaker 9: We're making donations and we want to bring a call to action to encourage all of you to also help give what you can.
Speaker 10: We stand with those who have been affected, honoring the lives lost and the families that are still in distress. Together we can make a difference.
Speaker 9: If you want to learn more, you can visit Team RUBICONUSA dot org to get involved with Baker and I thanks God, bless.
Speaker 1: Good on Kirk and Baker for putting that platform to good use. Good on Brian Robinson Junior. Were even one of the best stories in the NFL so far this season in the NFL in rushing yards didn't practice a whole lot this week. Will we see him on Sunday against the Browns. Let's that's Brian Robinson Junior himself when he joins the insiders. Right after this, he said last night.
Speaker 11: Man, he said, it's great when you count on others and they count on you. That way, victory is produced by everybody, all right, And that's what tonight was, man, fast physical we said.
Speaker 4: Anybody, anywhere, any mother in time.
Speaker 11: So we did what we came to do, all right, So there'll be a number of game balls that will be issued out, I'm sure tomorrow.
Speaker 8: But there's one moment.
Speaker 2: I ain't leaving this city without.
Speaker 12: One look at the mother.
Speaker 1: It is a fun time to be a Washington commander. Fun time to be Cliff Kingsbury, fun time to be our guest right now, top ten rusher in the NFL, and that Washington team, Brian Robinson Junior is with us, Brian and so much we want to talk to you about with your team right now, your surgeon at the right time. We gotta start out because there's like millions of people who have fantacy football teams. You're on it, you're one of the top players right now. What can you tell us about how you're feeling, how's the knee? And are you going to be out there Sunday against the Browns.
Speaker 13: I feel good, man, I made great progress this week. You know, you know, I never really made game time decisions, and until you know game time, you know, just just with my competitive nature, you know, just how tough you know, I try to, you know, be to just continue.
Speaker 5: So you know, I.
Speaker 13: Really can't answer that question until Sunday. You know, I feel great, so you know that should be enough, you know, to answer. But you know, just looking forward to it, you.
Speaker 4: Do get the final word.
Speaker 3: You got to let one of us know so we can break the news as to whether or not you're gonna You're gonna play on Sunday. But I do want to go back to training camp. We visited the Ashburn, Virginia Ian rappaport and I and I asked you, I said, listen to everybody thinks Cliff Kingsbury sling the ball all over the place, but the running game.
Speaker 4: Is a big part of it.
Speaker 3: And you told me quote, I know for sure we're going to have a very great balance on this offense right now, the twelfth in passing, the third rushing attack, third ranked rushing attack in the league. What's been the key for you and for this offense with his running game so far this year?
Speaker 13: The key has really just been, you know, just knowing our strengths and using them to the best of our abilities. You know, you know, we have a roster full of talent. You know that we can use, you know, multiple different ways. And I think our coach of staff is very aware of, you know, the depth that we got at, you know, several positions, and he wanted to just know best, you know, utilize all of our abilities and just make sure that you know, we were out there, you know, playing our best, you know, and you know, and it looks different for different guys, you know, And if it looks good for me in a run game, he's going to make sure that he, you know, pushes that for me. And if it looks great for Terry in the past game, he's going to for sure make sure you gets tear of the ball.
Speaker 1: It's funny, it was like a couple of weeks ago, the big story was Whydon Terry mccluorin.
Speaker 2: Get the ball.
Speaker 1: Then all of a sudden he got all the balls over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: A big part of that your quarterback Jay Daniels. I mean, he's a rookie man. We know what he was doing at LSU and the strides he made, how he played from the pocket, when you're standing there where you're on the field, on the sideline whatever, watching him just drop absolute dimes four games into his NFL career.
Speaker 2: What's going through your mind?
Speaker 14: You know, I've been with him since the day he got drafted.
Speaker 13: You know, I've seen you know, how he came in and how you know he prepared, you know, from day one. You know, Uh, he knew that this time was gonna come, he was gonna be able to just show you know, what he was capable of. And uh, you know, I'm not even excited, you know, for what he's doing right now. I'm more excited for, you know, what's to come.
Speaker 3: Right I want to go back to that scene that we showed of Cliff Kingsbury getting that love in the postgame locker room, because the response from everybody there, the way that that room erupted to me, showed the respect and the love that you got for Cliff as an offensive coordinator. What's it been like with you guys in that locker room with regard to what he's done and what kind of coach he's been for you.
Speaker 13: I feel like, well, that just goes to show what type of respect you know, Cliff has earned him. You know, since he's been here. You know, he comes to work every day. You could tell, you know, he has a chip on his shoulder, you know, for our offense and how much you know, you know, he wants to help us, and he've made an immediate impact on our success and you know everybody in the building feels it, you know, you know, just because you know, we didn't have as much success on offense as we should have, you know recently, so everybody in the building and feel his feels his impact day in and day out.
Speaker 14: By how you know he you.
Speaker 13: Know, he comes to work and you know, draws the scripts up and make sure that he's putting out the best you know of his work to just make us be our best.
Speaker 1: I also love that locker room speech because it's like the epitome of dan Quinn.
Speaker 4: You see the energy in the juice.
Speaker 1: You also have to bleep out every third word because we can't play that particular word on TV. Just tell me about that, the energy and what dan Quinn has brought to that entire building for a franchise that hasn't had a high degree of success as a team in a while.
Speaker 14: It's been exciting or it's been through the roof.
Speaker 13: You know, I could say, you know, great energy, you know, great coach to be around, a great coach to you know want to play for. You know, he's a real coach, and he brings real juice no day in and day out, you know, and you can't ask for a coach.
Speaker 14: More exciting than that in his league.
Speaker 3: Brian, Three, your next four games are at home, starting Sunday against the Cleveland Browns. Now, you've been there for a little bit, and you know that that home atmosphere has not been what some other teams have experienced over the last couple of years. But now I'm telling you, I'm expecting this because this fan base is juice. They're excited, they're feeding into this new coaching staff and this success you've had earlier this season. What kind of atmosphere are you now expecting three of the next four weeks.
Speaker 13: Honestly, I've been seeing it build up and up, you know, you know, as we've been growing this thing. You know, I'm just expending everybody to come out with their hair on fire, you know, and just you know, get behind us and cheer us on and just you know, let us feel that energy from them so that we can keep this thing on the road. You know, I'm sure you know these times are rare, you know, for this fan base, and you know, this a time for everybody to just make the most of it and just come out and get behind us.
Speaker 1: Well, you're gonna have to get after a pretty good Browns defense. A lot of talent on that team. All starts with number ninety five. When you meet Miles Garrett in a hole. If you end up in like a one on one situation with one of like the freakiest built dudes of all time, what's your plan?
Speaker 2: What does Brian Robinson do?
Speaker 13: I'll attack, you know, it really don't matter. I don't I don't see I don't see colors. I just see jersey numbers, and I just attack. So you know, when I see him in a hole, it's me and him, you know, and made the best man win on that up, you.
Speaker 14: Know, and it may be him, it may.
Speaker 13: Be meet you know, and we may meet several times, you know, and you know it's going to be the same mindset every time.
Speaker 1: Like Mike said, it is going to be a lot of fun in that building on Sunday the three and one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say this. We haven't gotten to say this in a while.
Speaker 1: The first place Washington Commanders taking on the Browns. This guy big part of it. Brian Robinson, thanks a ton for being here.
Speaker 2: Man, we really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you all.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having Commanders Browns in the early window on Sunday, Cowboys Steelers in primetime. Can Dak and a beat up d get a big road win over Justin Fields and the Steelers. Baldy's back, so is our Jane Slater. They'll help us all break it down next on the Insiders.
Speaker 3: Justin Fields gets the ball once again for the Pittsburgh Steelers as the starting quarterback. Russell Wilson working his way back into full health. But right now, the Steelers, they loved how Fields, as Mike Tomlin put it, didn't blink and the way that he kind of led them back in the second half.
Speaker 4: Unable to come.
Speaker 3: Away with the victory against the Colts, but showed some resilience there and they certainly appreciated it.
Speaker 4: So Jane Slater and.
Speaker 3: Brian Baldinger, as we welcome you in, we now focus on the Steelers next game.
Speaker 4: And that is against the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Now, Justin Fields, the Cowboys have that type of quarterback on the roster, Trey Lance. We assume that he played the role of Justin Fields as the scout team quarterback this week.
Speaker 4: They've done that in the past with mobile quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: So Jane, how does this defense stop fields and the Steelers offense.
Speaker 15: It's a great question, Mike, because the challenge that they have right now is the fact you've got DeMarcus Lawrence, who's now gone on ir Micah Parsons is not playing in this one. Kaylin Carson, you thought the other corner opposite Trayvon Diggs might be able to come along.
Speaker 16: That's looking like a little bit more of a stretch.
Speaker 15: And then, oh, by the way, Trayvon Diggs ended up on the injury report with an ankle issue. Now, it was Mike McCarthy, who was on K and C Masterpiece on one O three five of the Fan who said he feels pretty good about where he's at, But he also cushioned it with saying, quote, everything points to him probably going Sunday night.
Speaker 16: So that probably had me wondering, Guys.
Speaker 15: I reached out to a couple of folks and I was told it does sound.
Speaker 16: Like he will play, So that is some good news.
Speaker 15: That means Marshawn Neelan Chauncey Golson, newly acquired kJ Hendry expected to help get pressure on the passer, but Remember, as you alluded to, Fils is a guy who likes to use his legs. In fact, he has three touchdowns this season using his legs the Steeler's only rushing scores, which I found very hard to believe. The other issue is he is a guy that with those designed runs. Remember Lamar Jackson was a problem for them with the design runs. Well, he's only second behind him. Now this isn't big chunk plays, but my point here is that they've got to be very.
Speaker 16: Sound gap wise.
Speaker 15: The other thing that I think the Cowboys really should capitalize on is in the last two weeks, just like the Cowboys, they've been off to a slow start. But this is a really slow start for the Steelers. The last two weeks they've just put up ten points in the first half. So the Cowboys have been talking about this ad nausea. The last couple of weeks, put up some points early. This is the week to do.
Speaker 8: That, you know, Jane. This is the first game Michael Parsons has started fifty eight straight games for the Cowboys and he's been the focal point of that defense. Now, though it was whoever's been the coordinator, Dan Quinn for three years, I mean, he's been the focal point every time you face the Cowboys. You got to have a plan for Micah Parsons, not for the game, every single play. And now to have no tank and no Micah, and you mentioned the guys that will be there, Marshawn Neil and Carl Loss or whatever like, this is going to be a different defense. And I don't know exactly how they're going to pressure justin fields and what their game plan is. Try to keep him in the pocket and not let him get out. Imagine that'd be part of it. That usually is make him throw the ball. But we're gonna find out an awful lot about just how valuable Micah Parsons is because everybody just looks at stats, and stats don't tell nearly the story of how important he is to the entire team. So I'm kind of see how they play without Micah for the first time in fifty eight games. To me, that's going to be one of the more interesting parts of this entire game. The Steelers are playing basically three rookies inside of the offense line. Zach Frazier the center, you got McCormick the left guard. You got Spencer Anders in the right guard. They're very inexperienced upfront. Maybe the Cowboys can take advantage of that, of that inexperience. I'm not saying a weakness, but maybe that experience upfront with the Steelers and how they're trying to evolve in their offense line with all the injuries that they've sustained on that group.
Speaker 3: Looking to the other side of the ball, Brandon Cooks had a procedure in his knee and then developed an so he'll he will not play in this game, Jane.
Speaker 4: So who has to step up for Dallas here?
Speaker 15: Well, Cebee Wam's going to have to step up in a big way.
Speaker 16: Unfortunately.
Speaker 15: You know, as Dak Prescott who was talking this week about you don't he doesn't need to necessarily be Superman, but there are some ways that he can play a little bit better using the legs, et cetera. But you know, some of the issues for him has already been not really being on the same page with the receivers. The rhythm has been off. It's kind of been slow like last season. But to lose Brandon Cooks, I mean, we started seeing Brandon Cooks coming along here, but I was beginning to think there was something going on with his knee, and as you eluded, he ended up with an infection in.
Speaker 16: That right knee.
Speaker 15: Looks like he's going to miss a couple of games. So who's up next? Well, you got the Jalens, Jalen Tolbert, Jalen Brooks.
Speaker 16: But one guy that I thought was really.
Speaker 15: Interesting today it was Jerry Jones comparing number eighty.
Speaker 16: That is Ryan Floorinoy. He is their six.
Speaker 15: Round rookie pick out of Southeast Missouri. He went to a couple schools, so I had to make sure it was the last one. They liked what they saw in camp. Jerry Jones was saying that he's an athlete, that he has got some des Bryant type skill set there. I think it's a little premature to put number eighty in the same breath as number eighty eight, and that's not what he's saying there necessarily, But he likes the athleticism of Ryan Florae. Ryan Flornoy excited to go. We saw some of them in preseason. He was really really interesting to watch in camp. But this is an opportunity for all of these young guys to step up. I do think a little bit of an opportunity for Dak at least, as we've been talking all year about how he's been throwing into tight windows the most of any quarterback in the league. The Steelers aren't exactly forcing a lot of tight windows. In fact, I think they're ninth lowest pressuring that. So it looks like he might get a little bit more separation playing against this defense, and maybe an opportunity with not a lot of tape out there on guys like Ryan Flornoy.
Speaker 3: Cowboys Steelers rematch of a couple of Super Bowls and Mike McCarthy, Cowboys coach returns home to Western Pennsylvania. So a couple of storylines there for you to watch. Snakey Jane, Thank you, Brian Baldinger.
Speaker 1: It's Sunday Morning Football Live from London at nine thirty am Eastern, exclusively on NFL Network. Aaron Rodgers and the Jets take on Justin Jefferson and the Vikings at Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium in London. So rise, shine and watch Jets versus Vikings on NFL Network and streaming on NFL Plus. Subscription required for NFL Plus. Also live from London are friend Stacy Dale's.
Speaker 17: The Jets and Vikings arriving here in London on Friday morning. Aaron Rodgers, coming off that Broncos lost season low's completion percentage, passer rating, he failed to throw a touchdown, and most importantly, Denver's defense blitzed him at a near fifty percent clip. Now he's going to face Brian Flores, his Vikings group that blitz second highest rate in the NFL at roughly forty one percent. Talk to ed drusher Jonathan who said he's never faced Aaron Rodgers, never met him, but hopes his first introduction is a sack. By the way, he's got four of them this season. The Vikings leading the NFL was seventeen total. As for Sam Darnold, with Minnesota facing his former team, the group that drafted him third overall in twenty eighteen, he said he's not really letting his mind wander too much and actually told us that he's kind of flushed New York from his memories, but no doubt he is playing exceptional football, leading the NFL with eleven passing touchdowns, he has tops and passer rating. I spoke with his head coach, Kevin O'Connell. He's just such an elite, pure passer, outstanding decision maker at the line of scrimmage, and somebody that O'Connell told me he's been able to rely upon in terms of the leadership given all of his experience in his career, and he'll be trying to lead this Vikings group to five and zero here in London on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Justin Jefferson is not just growing the NFL abroad. Jefferson is also a global ambassador for flag football. During today's media availability, the Vikings wide out swap jerseys with now Sika del Orto, the captain of the Italian women's national flag football team. Flag football already part of the Pro Bowl Games and will soon make its debut in the Olympics, who potentially could be the quarterback for Team USA. How about this guy Jayden Daniels, who's at times looked like he's playing flag football with how accurate he's been early in his career on.
Speaker 2: On Ross Saint Brown.
Speaker 1: We got room for you on that team as well, But will we have room for Jamar Chase or any others on Adam Rank's list of the high five Fantasy players for a week five. Don't say a lineups without watching this rank with us next on the Insiders, I would hope you had Nico Collins in your fantasy lineup last week. If he's on your roster, maybe the least talked about best receiver going in the NFL Right now, here are more complicated roster decisions. Monday, six pm Eastern on NF Fantasy Live. One of the stars of that show joining us right now as we go inside with NFL Fantasy Live, it's Adam Rank joining me, Tom Pelicero as well as Mike Garofolo.
Speaker 2: Adam, I am told you've.
Speaker 1: Got a high five for week five of players.
Speaker 2: Please explain and get us rolling there.
Speaker 18: We're gonna We're gonna work this in the whole season. We're gonna play at a number correlation.
Speaker 2: To the week.
Speaker 18: It'll be very daunting once we get to like fifteen, but for right now, it's very simple, and we're gonna go with high five high five players. I've got high five players who can help you win this week. We're not gonna listen. You notice star Jayden Daniels. You know to start justin Jefferson, but there are some other guys you might have some decisions about starting at the quarterback position with Justin Fields. Now, we just heard Brian Baldinger and Jane Slater talking about this contest coming up and with Micah Parsons out, this is a real huge opportunity for Justin Fields.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 18: The Dallas Cowboys have had troubles stopping people who run the football. Justin Fields does that pretty well. Not at the clip that he was doing last year for Chicago, but I truly believe that Justin Fields ends up as a top five quarterback this week. He was the quarterback one last week, which so that's not that huge, huge of a stretch.
Speaker 2: But he's going to have a great week this week.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk. Let's go to the backfield, further behind the quarterback. Let's talk about Josh Jacobs. Are we high fivey? What's the segment?
Speaker 18: We're high five and we're high five in there? Geezy, okay, this way there there there it is.
Speaker 5: All get it?
Speaker 18: Yeah there there there, everybody.
Speaker 5: I could have stop.
Speaker 18: I was walking by Tom Pellisero on my way out the door to come all the way home.
Speaker 2: Forty miles away to come. But it doesn't matter, Actually doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing.
Speaker 18: Josh Jacobs has not really kind of performed the level of expectations that we had for him coming into the season. I think a lot of it has to do with Matt Lafleur and his inability to focus on one running back.
Speaker 2: I mean, Matt Lafleur was.
Speaker 18: The guy who one time a couple of years ago, was look looking at Derrick Henry and Dion Lewis and said, you know what, we should split carries with these two guys because they're very similar. But we do think this is going to be a breakout point for Josh Jacobs because the matchup against the La Rams is pretty advantageous. We saw last week not only did the Bears have success with DeAndre Swift, but Roshan Johnson also got into the mix as well. So Josh Jacobs is going to have a huge breakout opportunity here, and I'll just take myself to the next running back just to save some time. Jerome Ford gets slept on a lot now that I'm just gonna do it. I'm gonna I'm gonna conserve some time because I know that I fill a buster a little bit.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm okay, You're you're very right. There was one week where Jerome.
Speaker 18: Ford did not get the bulk of the carries for the Cleveland Browns, but that was quickly rectified. So in three of the four games for Cleveland, he has been the workhorse running back. Great matchup this week against the Washington Commanders. They've had trouble stopping offenses of all varieties, and in a game where they will probably try to establish the run to kind of keep Jayden Daniels off the field, I think Jerome Ford gets a real good, healthy opportunity here. So if you've been struggling for running back help, Jerome Ford needs to be in your lineup.
Speaker 1: How a wide receiver rank? What do you got for me in your high five?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 18: I like Jackson Smith and Jigba this week, and I actually I really like the Seattle Seahawks offense. We're starting Geno Smith and DK Metcalf. Those two are automatic, but JSN is one that you know, it's always kind of difficult because when you have three capable wide receivers, it's always difficult to discern which guy outside of DK Metcalf is going to be the one who is going to pop off.
Speaker 2: But with Tyler Lockett.
Speaker 18: Being on the injury report this week, I think there's a huge opportunity for JSN going up against that Giants team, which really has had an inability of stopping people through the air. So I love this to be one of the higher scoring games of the weekend. So I'm gonna get as many shares of this offense as possible. So all the start, all your Seahawks, and Kenny Walker. The third will also be a good one too, And I'm gonna go back to the Browns if you don't mind, I'll just talk about Jerry Judy. We know we noticed Star Listen, gosh, dang it.
Speaker 2: We noticed Star keep going.
Speaker 18: We we notice start a Mari Cooper in this one. But Jerry Judy quietly has been leading this team with eighteen receptions close to two hundred receiving yards. Oh, the totals on the board are correct, So yeah, he has been kind of overlooked this year. And again, if the game does get out of hand, if they're not able to slow down Jade and Daniels and this gets into a shootout, there's an opportunity for Deshaun Watson in this offense to throw the ball in the air. Both Jerry Judy and Amari Cooper are very capable plays and can I say, do I have time for one quick PSA?
Speaker 2: Do you mind?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take it.
Speaker 18: Hey, listen, Mike Garrifalo and I know the history of the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 5: Okay, we get it.
Speaker 18: We're joking, Okay, we're we're having fun with the post because, like Mike tweeted out the post, the Adams, the Edgar Allen Poe and we're joking around like hey, like.
Speaker 2: He also wrote, he also wrote this, you know it was. It was hilarious. And then people are coming like, did you guys go the good.
Speaker 5: Actually we're good jokers.
Speaker 4: We're good yokers.
Speaker 18: High five down, ayesh o, there we go give it you guys something else off camera here right now.
Speaker 2: Rank, you gotta wrap it up. Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: NFL Fantasy Live, six pm Eastern Time on Monday. Can't miss it a lot more. Rank, I'll be taking victory laps and I'll full.
Speaker 2: Of the shows he does on ours. Derick Henry better be in your lineup. He's on the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll have a new teammate soon, but for now, the question is can the Bengals slow down the freight train? Baldy's gonna be calling that game on Sunday, and he'll give us a preview right after this. Nobody breaks it down like Baldy. He's with us on the Insiders. One hundred and ninety nine yards on twenty four carries, including this eighty seven yard touchdown. That was the stat line last week for Derrick Henry as he ran all.
Speaker 2: Over the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 1: How to the Bengals try to slow down Henry and that Ravens offense this week. Nobody better to give us some answers or at least some ideas on that front than Brian Baldier, who is back with us. I'm Tom Pella Sero here on the Insiders. Baldy, you're gonna be calling this game on Sunday for Fox. You have all the best games. Get break this one down for me.
Speaker 2: What do you see?
Speaker 8: I will get to the game. I'll get to the breakdown, Tom. But you know, earlier to start the show, you were talking about Edgar Allan Poe. I'm a big fan. I read all the works of Edgar Allen Poe. The Great One was a caskable Manteato member Mont Tresser like he's taking these insults from Fortunado, and I think in a way like that story. It's a great story. It kind of reminds me of this game, this matchup with the Ravens and the Bengals this week, because really the Bengals haven't been very good so far this year. Defensively, they've been a mess. But Joe Burrow came out and said this week that he's got to be perfect. He actually literally has to be perfect. There's not enough when the Ravens run the ball like they do, like they don't give you enough possessions to start slow or wait for the game to come to you, is what he said. You got to take that. You've got to start fast. You've got to be perfect. You've got to score on every possession. And that's how he's thinking. And I believe right now, with all the pieces he has, including the rookie right tackle Marius BIMs, who played very well in his first start their first round pick out of Georgia last week, that he's got t Higgins back, and Jamar is healthy, and Iasovach is really good and the Backs are good, Like this is their shot right now to get back into the race. They're own to at home, Tom. They know the Ravens are coming in, they know that rushing attack is coming at him. I don't know if they can make them bleed slowly and make them eat time. But this is going to be a few possessions in the game, maybe seven eight possessions. You've got to maximize it. And I think Joe Burrow knows it. And I'm actually looking for a game close to perfection from Joe Burrow to keep them, keep them in this race, maybe win this game, get back, getto the race.
Speaker 1: Gonn be fun big one for the Bengals to kind of stay alive or at least afloat in that AFC North Division. Baldy, thank you very much. Enjoy the game, Edgar Allen, will see you again.
Speaker 2: Potentially.
Speaker 1: We'll keep an eye on Jonte Adams Instagram story for more on that front.
Speaker 2: Coming up after this.
Speaker 1: A guy who didn't need social media to send a message, although he would sometimes just like post a video of him squatting twelve hundred pounds. You're just like, you're forty years old, what are you doing? Would anybody be dumb enough to get in the ring with James Harrison even now? The answer is yes. Apparently. We'll explain next on the Insidives. Time now for good news, bad news for your NFL team and quite possibly your fantasy team as well. Good news, Raheem Moster has a chance to play. Certainly sounds like he's gonna go after missing the last several games because of his chest injury. Also, Odell Beckham Junior's got a shot to make his season debut. They would have to activate him from injured reserve on Saturday. Bad news, no surprise, Michael Parsons is out for Dallas, probably going to miss the next game, to be back after the bye.
Speaker 2: Also Al Khalil.
Speaker 1: Shakir, who came back into the game after suffering that ankle injury last week, finished it out but not going to go. So now the Bills go on take it on the Texans, who have their old top weapons Stefan Diggs without one of the wide receivers maybe the most important one who has replaced him so far this season. Also Trey McBride Austin Eckler cleared concussion protocol. Good news for both of those guys, they are good to go. In other news, chad Ocho Cinco out of nowhere. This is one of those classic Nobody was asking, but Chad says, Hey, do you want to see me and James Harrison fight MMA style? Yeah, We're gonna do that three rounds in New Orleans before the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited, Mike.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily take anything that Ocho Cinco says at face value here, But if he does in fact get in the ring with j Harrison, what is your over under on how long that fight lasts?
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a very quick one.
Speaker 3: Which is not to say that Chad o Josinko can't defend himself, can't carry himself.
Speaker 4: Have you ever looked in that man's eyes? Chad?
Speaker 3: They did a video the Steelers did their schedule reveal of players trying to make him laugh with jokes. They were like corny jokes, but I was laughing watching it. That man didn't come close to laughing. Okay, you don't want to step in that. What is it an octagon? Don't do that. Don't do it yet.
Speaker 1: There's simply no way that this actually occurs. Now, I say that, and weirder things than this have happened. It is New Orleans, after all. To be a fun week down there cannot say that going to the five second Chad Ocho Cinco James Harrison fight is going to make my list of things to do. Maybe Chad can extend it by just running away from them around the ring. I just read the I'm so excited part of that tweet, and I'm reading it like Jesse Spano on say.
Speaker 2: By the I'm excited, I'm so scared.
Speaker 1: Goodbye to Thank you to Edgar Allan Poe, the most important person on this show. Say you Monday, everybody You're on this show, never more, Buddy,