Speaker 1: Katie, can I see you in my office for just a minute. It's one more thing. I'm strung, one more thing.
Speaker 2: Before we get to Katie's story. Yes, Joe, I was gonna say, you know, I'll wait, you got something. I'll use this as a prelude to Katie's tale of Okay something.
Speaker 3: So yesterday we got on the topic of the fact that I take my coat off like a woman. As my son said, you take your coat off like a girl. Confirmed. I checked with a friend who's known me for twenty five years who said, yeah, you do take your coat off like a girl. Thought, really, okay, that's interesting. Then yesterday took off my coat during the show for Katie. She said, you absolutely take your goat. It's the way I rolled my shoulders, apparently. So we made a video of it and put it up for a vote, and we posted on Twitter, and it's running sixty about two thirds. Yes, I lack authority and otherwise in other words, I take my coat off like a girl, or know about a third. So most people seem to agree a lot of comments on the video. For instance, Dave, who weighed in he may take his coat off like a lady, but he takes his pantyhose off like a man. Okay, thank you for that. It's the way he puffs out his boobs. That's what my son said. It's like you're trying to push out your boobs but you don't have any. Okay, you're like a Ponzi hairdresser. This person said, Oh, Karen Henriddy, who's the insults?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: Karen Henriady a fabulous human being in a long time. A friend of the Armstrong and Getty Show said, Michelangelo is a national treasurer. That's for Michelangelo's participation in the video in which he takes his jacket off like a man compared to my taking it off like a girl. I went into this wanting to back you, Jack, But yet you do huh.
Speaker 1: Big popular vote that your jacket's too small?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it wasn't when I bought it.
Speaker 2: Did you see Jamie's comment, our beloved former newswoman Jamie Coffee, I did not, She said, not sure. It's like a girl, but definitely more fluid and more flair than Michaelangelow's cave man esque disrobing of his coat. So and you do you boo boo? She writes, that's a very Jamie thing to say. Yeah, so Michael coming in for a little criticism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why I rolled my shoulders like that. It's really made me think a lot about a lot of things, giving you a caplex.
Speaker 2: I have been a flaming heterosexual since early in my life. I just knew it's girls for me from a very early, you know, point in my life, and I have observed girlishness and femininity in many, many different pursuits.
Speaker 3: I've never thought about there being.
Speaker 2: A feminine way to take off one's coat.
Speaker 3: Now until people started posting gifts of women taking off their coats. And that's the way I take my coat off. Huh, Jack, He is an effeminate man who seeks recognition and approval from others, especially the opposite sex, for self esteem fulfillment.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, good psychoanalysis.
Speaker 3: That's no charge either. It's the shoulder roll, everybody says, so I'll work on it. I guess it's more of a shimmy. I don't know what to do about that. Okay, So tell us your story, Katie or Joe has a prelude to Yes, Joe had something.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just gonna say we, uh, I'm not even sure this person's with us anymore. Are our first agent. We were not thrilled with the job he did, and indeed we asked him to take his leave in favor of Eric, the world's greatest agent. On the other hand, the one thing that he did that I really appreciated, he'd say, guys, call me, it's urgent. It's a good thing. Yes, So he would always make it clear, hey, I got to see you. Don't worry. Everything's cool, because he knew that anybody who gets that summons is.
Speaker 3: Like, holy crap. So, bosses, I've always wondered this, when you say I'd like to see in my office at one o'clock, do you get a kick out of people being scared to death? Or does it or does it not occur to you that unless you say it's a good thing, everybody's worried they're about to be fired or something bad. Every time, not sometimes, not occasionally, every time, bosses, you say I need to see in my office, you're scared to death. You're losing your job. So if it's not bad, and unless you get a kick out of them being freaked out, you should say, as our agent used to say it's a good thing, yeah, or.
Speaker 2: It's no big deal. We just got to deal with something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Of course if they were going to sack you and row in your life and cast you out into the poverty, they wouldn't tell you that, all right, of course, real quick here.
Speaker 1: But if you call your agent, he says it's a good thing, and he says, guess what, guys, I got a new car.
Speaker 3: That doesn't help you.
Speaker 2: I'm watching the video. I hadn't watched the whole video yet. I had a crazy busy days. Michael taking his that's not cave vanaged. That's a man taking off his coat. Michael, I apologize for even report repeating that that idiotic criticism. Jack is going to take off his coat. It's uh, it's it's PONSI. It's hard to describe why, but it's.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm wondering how I picked that up. Weirdly deliberate, that's exactly that's funny. That is really weird. Let me read the quote from and this is somebody who hadn't seen me take a jacket off in twenty five years. And I ask them, I mean, it's just weird that they'd have any memory whatsoever. If somebody from who I haven't seen take a jacket off in twenty five years texted me and said, do I take my jacket off in an effeminate way, I would say, what the hell are you talking about? What I said? Yeah, you're very particular and intentional when removing your jacket, very feminine. They use the very word that you used. That's so strange.
Speaker 2: I know it is. This is this is a topic I have never spent a single second thinking about. No in my many decades on this planet. But you're in agreement with two thirds of people. Okay, whatever, you know. I've got to admit I was I was tasked with having because I bolted after the show yesterday. But I was tasked with having Judy videotape me taking my coat off. But she was insanely busy yesterday and we never got it done. And now I'm a really curious about my coat removal style, although nobody's ever mentioned it to me, so it's probably more normal. But I'm also totally aware. Now I'll be hyper aware I won't be able to do it naturally.
Speaker 3: I wonder if I've ever ce blocked myself. If you'll part in the expression having met a woman who's kind of interested in me, and then I take my coat off and it's a deal breaker. It's like, no way I could be with that guy.
Speaker 2: And maybe she's not even conscious of why. She's like, I'm not a lesbian.
Speaker 3: There's probably a dozen beautiful women out there, Jack that this has happened. It was like, I can't be with a guy who takes off his jacket like me. They thought to themselves.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway back to Katie, this is this is just a silly story that I had actually forgotten about until this conversation came up. One of my top favorite bosses of all time, and I think you know him, Paul Hawsley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Paul.
Speaker 2: What a good dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love him.
Speaker 1: So I get off the air in San Francisco and he comes into the into the studio and he goes, hey, Katie, I need to talk to you in my office for a second. And he is stone serious, and I'm thinking, oh boy, what did I say?
Speaker 3: What did I do? Whatever?
Speaker 1: So I go into his office and he sits me down and he goes, so, so what is going on with your car?
Speaker 3: What? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Exactly my reaction. I'm like, what what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: You get out of your car like a dude, and it's just weird. Yes, it's off. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 1: And he goes, you're the pictures on your car and I'm like, the pictures on my car? The only thing I have on my car is a blink one eighty two sticker on my window. And he goes, Okay, let's let's go to the garage.
Speaker 2: So in the license plate.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we walked down to the garage and we go to the back of my car, which is parked right next to the elevator, and at this time it shows so this is like ten thirty in the morning, Okay, all over the back of my car, below the windshield or below the windshield so I couldn't see it, are triple X porn photos ripped out.
Speaker 3: Of the magazine.
Speaker 1: Oh like like oh there taped to the back of my car like Blowey's and Handy's and and we know what sex is, ask play. I mean, oh boy, hans yep, sorry, Hanson's. It went all the way up to just about as triple X as you can get. And mortified, I'm I looked at him on like Paul, I have keep in mind, my drive to San Francisco was about thirty five minutes. So I drove from home over the bridge into San Francisco with this.
Speaker 3: On the back of my car. Oh okay.
Speaker 1: So I go into my text messages because I hadn't checked the people used to text message me at ungodly hours, and I see a text from one of my friends that says, hope you have a good work morning. And I knew I from this the second I saw it and went this, dick, it was him. He came home, he walked to my house and he taped these things to the back of my car. So Paul and I had a little bit of a laugh about it. We go back up into his office and Paul goes, hey, let's call your friend. I'm like, okay, So I call him. I call him and I start, you know, fake crying. I'm like, Ryan, dude, my boss, really, my boss would like to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Really. Oh my god, this is the appropriate vengeance. This ismfortable, this is justice.
Speaker 1: So Paul has him on speaker phone and he goes, Hi, Ryan, this is this is Katie's program director here in San Francisco, and I just wanted to discuss the images that you put on the back of her car. We actually have security from the building here as well, and you can hear Ryan going no, no, no, and then Paul start busting up laughing. But anyway, that that's pretty good. The reason this story came up is because we were talking about the weirdest reasons we've ever been called into our boss's office, and my brain went, oh, my god, that happened.
Speaker 3: Oh that is that is a good way to get back at somebody though. That's good.
Speaker 1: God, Oh it was mortifying.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if you are doing this job and you get called into the boss's office and you're not fast forwarding through everything you said in your head, you're not doing the job right.
Speaker 3: Right. It was a short walk to Paul's office.
Speaker 1: But I'm going, Okay, what did I I did this news story a common I'm like, I had no idea at all.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, we've like had serious stressful issues with people completely freaked out and pissed off some of them performatively about things we've said. And I'd say two of the three I never saw it coming.
Speaker 3: No, I was gonna say every time I've gotten in trouble for saying something. It's like something I didn't even remember. I say edgy things sometimes and they go, oh boy, that might get me in trouble. That's not the one. It's the thing I didn't even think of for some reason that usually ends up with the TV cameras outside the radio station.
Speaker 2: And then there is I need to come up with a name for it. It's like my white whale. It's the one thing I said once that I thought, that's it. I've been in my career. I shouldn't have said that. Whoops, And I was.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: I was virtually certain it would be devastating and nothing ever came of it. And you can ply me with booze. You can put me on the rack, give my boy, you can, or a handy or the other thing. Well, the other thing might get me. I don't know. Try it, but I gotta go to church. I need to get to go to church and have my ears washed out. And I will never admit it. I will never repeat it. It will not be repeated.
Speaker 3: Had one time we angered the Asians, and every TV station sent their Asian girl reporter to the radio station too, and that was.
Speaker 2: The funny part of it. And we've seen that sort of thing. If you say something insensitive about like affirmative action for black people or something like that, all of a sudden you find out every every station in town happens to have a black reporter too. Wow, and they're reporting on this story. It's hilarious once you become aware of it. It's it's like a hundred percent Italian Americans are angered at the cancelation of the parade.
Speaker 3: We go to Luigi Praconi for a report. Come on, well, I guess that's it.