Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here, and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show. Good morning, everybody, have beat Monday. We have an amazing show for everybody today. What do we have, Crystal?
Speaker 1: Indeed, we do many big things to talk about today. Trump of course found guilty on all charges related to that hush money trial. We now have some pulling and some interesting little old nuggets we can get into about what this could mean politically. It's still a big question mark, but some tea leads to read there. We also have gathered for you a grouping of some of the most unhinged media reactions that I think you will certainly enjoy it.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: We have more terrible news with regards to Ukraine. We're now getting word that the has officially said, hey, go ahead and use our weapons to strike inside of Russia. This comes as they continue to have just horrible time trying to conscript additional people as becoming a very serious and very sensitive issue within Ukraine's will bring you that as well. We've got some interesting highlights for you from a debate between Dave Smith and Chris Cuomo.
Speaker 5: You are definitely going to want to stay tuned for that one.
Speaker 1: And obviously huge news domestically here with regard to Israelia. Biden announcing a ceasefire plan that he claims come from the Israelis, but there are some major questions about that. Omar Badar is going to join us help to sort through fact from fiction. And we also have Congress officially inviting Netnyahu to address joint session of Congress. Is very high honor now being given to a war criminal. We also have more Biden officials who are resigning and speaking out over basically what they allege is the Biden administration cooking the books on what exactly is happening in Israel.
Speaker 5: Really important things to get into there.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, but before we get to that, the locals transition continues, and we just have a couple more questions. I know that we see very commonly one is how do we still get the premium show on Spotify? So that is going to be included a link to the playlist in the premium email, the same way that you can watch your YouTube link, your locals link, etc.
Speaker 3: It's right there. It just click on.
Speaker 2: It takes you right to the app and the video. It's amazing. I've been using it now the last couple of times that I look at the show. Now, for anybody who continues to have questions, we're going to do support at locals dot com. Just send them an email and if it's if you want to go ahead and ad and CC Breakingpoints Premium at gmail dot com. Griffin and the support team over at locals will get you squared away. But we've answered I think the vast majority of most questions now at this point. Thanks for working smoothly and anything that's not We're working behind the scenes constantly, we promise, in order to make sure things are going well. So thank you to everybody and Breakingpoints dot com if you want to sign up for a subscription, actually I can finally start saying that again.
Speaker 5: So there, all right, let's.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and start with the Trump verdict op Obviously, that happened over the weekend. There was a great breaking news segment that we had here on the channel. So we're gonna go ahead and break down some of both Trump's reactions, some interesting nuggets on polling, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead and start with Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: He appeared yesterday on Fox and Friends for an extensive interview and gave some insight into some of the political reaction that may come from him and his supporters.
Speaker 3: Let's take a lesson.
Speaker 6: Judge could decide to say, hey, house arrest or even jail.
Speaker 4: It couldn't face that.
Speaker 7: I'm okay with it. I saw one of my lawyers the other day on television saying, oh, no, you don't want to do that to the press. I said, don't you know, beg for anything. You just the way to think of it. They have all my books, you know. They went to for five years they suit me getting my tax returns. At the end of five years, they got him. The Supreme Court actually gave it to him.
Speaker 8: That was the end of it.
Speaker 7: If that was it. They never found anything. They hired the best accounting firms have I had a pure gold firm. They called it a gold rated firm. That's supposed to be. Who knows. But with all that, for years you heard about my text he foundation and they never found it. They never went all the way with the Clinton Foundation. Which is sort of interesting, isn't it. But so that could happen, I don't know that the public would stand it, you know, I don't I'm not sure the public would stand for with.
Speaker 4: A ronthouse arrestler.
Speaker 9: Think.
Speaker 7: I think it would be tough for the public to take. You know, at a certain point, there's a breaking point.
Speaker 2: All right, at a certain point, there's a breaking point. Did you guys see that there inside of it? No, it's note worthy there though. To me, Crystal is obviously both the hard cut that comes from Fox and Friends when he's like, yeah, maybe you know, I could go to jail, he said. He seems to believe that this is going to be good for him as a result. Now, we have no idea whether any of that is true. What we do know, though, is that, look, we can attest to this too from our own ratings. We made sure to cover the Trump trial because we knew that the eventual result was going to be important. But let's just say most people did not care very much about it. But the actual verdict itself that cracks the barrier in a way that we haven't seen with Trump and the trial related news in a long time. Even CNN broke some of this down for what the attention looked like.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 8: Google searches for Donald Trump. Look at this percentage up three thousand, two hundred and thirty three percent at the time of conviction versus the hour before. Kate, Americans were really interested in this verdict. This reaches the Google searches for Trump a post presidency high on Thursday, So Americans might not have been interested before, but they were definitely very, very interested in this verdict on Thursday.
Speaker 9: Interest, though, of course, we cannot say, translates into impacts on one's vote. No one knows how or even if the verdict impacts Donald Trump's political future. But what's the case that you're seeing in the numbers that it does not hurt him?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's the case We'll start here that it doesn't hurt him. This is a poll number that we've looked at before. Trump voters who say they be less likely to vote for him if he was convicted.
Speaker 3: Of course, these numbers were before the.
Speaker 8: Conviction, and very few Trump supporters said they would be less likely to support him, you know, May twenty twenty four seven percent, April twenty twenty four five percent, March twenty twenty four ten percent. Very few Trump supporters said they'd be less likely to support Biden versus Trump margin pre conviction in early many of this was a Marquette University Law School poll among likely voters. Trump was ahead by three points, but they asked the hypothetical. When asked, if Trump was convicted, would it change your vote?
Speaker 3: Take a look at this margin.
Speaker 8: Now we see Joe Biden ahead by five points. Now, of course this is a hypothetical question. We don't know if the hypothetical actually come to fruition.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's actually the best way to point out at Crystal, which is that you know, it's not going to have much of an impact amongst people who are Trump voters, that hypothetical Trump conviction question. That's really it's difficult because that could have been factoring in the January sixth trial, the Georgia trial, of the Documents trial, all of which he fced far more polite political peril if convicted. And what this verdict actually reminded me was what the impact of those trials.
Speaker 3: And eventual convictions would have looked.
Speaker 2: Like, because clearly it broke through the public consciousness which the actual verdict came through. But on this one, because it is related to a twenty sixteen hush money sex scandal type thing, it does appear to me more baked in. We'll see and at least bolster some of the Trump claims of being persecuted, at the very least his own supporters and others think that, let's put this up there please on the screen. Trump raised almost fifty three million dollars in a single twenty four hour or single forty eight hours after the trial, they said twenty four hours later after they raised an initial thirty five million before. But you can see very clearly that this has brought in more money in single small dollar donations to the Trump campaign than any previous day in the twenty twenty four race so far, and even matches some of those big days that Joe Biden has found with the big dollar fundraisers that he's been through going in New York City.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I tend to agree with you that I think there could be a couple point change in the polls that probably last temporarily exactly is if I had to predict, there's a big question mark. I mean, the other question mark is what happens it's sentencing, because it's one thing to be found guilty, it's another one if he's actually facing some prison time. Although you know, the legal analysts that Ryan and I talked to actually run against Alan Bragg in the primary for DA she believes there is zero chance that he faces prison time over this.
Speaker 5: So take that for what it's worth.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, I feel like people already knew about this story. It's a long time till election day. If I had to guess, it doesn't really move the needle that much.
Speaker 5: But you never know.
Speaker 1: I mean to make the other case play Devil's advocate here. I did see polling saying that most people did not think he would be found guilty, So there was a gap between the expectations and what actually happened.
Speaker 5: So in that way, the fact that oh.
Speaker 1: My god, he actually like he actually was found guilty, maybe he's not teflon Don Maybe for independence, that does move the needle. But you know, I'm also seeing people on the right who are making the case that, oh, this is gonna actually help Donald tr I just don't buy that at all. Like his people are already with him, They're already voting for him. The Republican base is already you know, you got Nicki Haley betting the knee, everybody exactly coming around. So I think that they were already locked in, they were already voting for him. Yes, he's going to raise some money off of it, Okay, he was already going to have lots of money. The billionaire classes going for him big time this time around too, So he's going to be fine on that front. And the resistance liberals, they're already obviously all in for Joe Biden. Question mark is whether this changes some independent views on the margins, And like I said, if I had to guess temporarily, maybe.
Speaker 5: Over the long term, it probably all evens out.
Speaker 3: Let's dig into some of that.
Speaker 2: Let's put this up there on the screen and actually, look, this was a snap Paul, this one as we have so far, this from you go fifth. They say fifty percent of Americans agree with the guilty verdict in the trumphush money case.
Speaker 3: But what does that mean? That means a fifty percent also don't necessarily agree or are not sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty it's I mean, it is a pretty clear break You've got a majority fifty percent saying yeah, he's guilty and only thirty percent saying no. So it is pretty clearly on the side of people agreed.
Speaker 5: With the results.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, but you've got the nineteen percent saying not sure. I guess the nineteen percent not sure in the thirty percent to me is just like kind of a wash in terms of not this is exactly what you said. Does guilt then translate to changing my vote? So obviously there's a major partisan breakdown. Let's continue to go to the next one because there's some more interesting data here post verdict, more Americans say Trump got a fair trial than say that he didn't.
Speaker 3: Here again, you see the breakdown.
Speaker 2: Forty seven percent say yes, seventeen percent not sure, thirty seven percent say no. So basically the thirty seven percent that's going to be the hard Republican seventeen percent Roughly some crossovertween like a Republican and never Trump type republican plus an independent, and then you've got Democrats and more independent leaning Democrats who are going to say, yes, he got a fair trial. Basically can see that in the breakdown, both in the independent number and in the Democratic number amongst the people who say Trump is guilty the same thing. But let's go to the next one, because that's actually where this is kind of what strikes home to me. Most Americans say that Trump has at least probably committed crimes, but few think he will go to prison. So when you say, do you think that foreign president Trump has ever committed any crimes, even twenty eight percent of Republicans or sorry, even twelve percent of Republicans say definitely, twenty eight percent say probably.
Speaker 3: That is I have always contended this on Trump.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, you're telling me that the man who frequently bragged about his sexploits in the New York City tabloids, going to the point about anonymously calling in under a false name to plant stories about his own sexual prowess's cheated on his wife and covered it up in a utchminey case. You know, I'm just shocked, I tell you. Or whenever the New York Times was like, wow, Trump didn't pay his taxes, I'm like, wait, so you're telling me that the guy who said on camera only a sucker and a loser pay his full tax right didn't pay his taxes yet. No, shit, that's where it comes down to me. Now, is that going to impact my vote? Probably not saying, I think for a lot of people at this point, especially with a case that goes all the way back to the twenty sixteen campaign and which we lived thousands of hours of cable news coverage through Stormy Daniels, Michael Cohen, Michael Lavinatti and all of that.
Speaker 3: So that's basically just where I see it at this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, so a few think.
Speaker 1: I do think the assessed level of Trump criminality is probably higher than most other politicians. But I also think that probably if you ask this question about any range of elites, there is a bedrock assumption among most Americans that these people probably committed some crimes in part to get where they are.
Speaker 3: Very good point.
Speaker 5: But I also have.
Speaker 1: Always thought, you know, because we've talked a lot, and it's important to talk about the differences between these various cases that Trump is facing it and get into the details and really try to explain.
Speaker 5: It as best as possible.
Speaker 1: But I also, do feel like, because you have so many peopleeople who were like, this guy's definitely committed some crimes, are they going to be outraged that, like somebody's taking issue with the jury instructions that were given to this jury. No, they're going to feel like, yeah, you you know, you committed crimes. At some point, you were going to have to pay the piper. You probably got away with it much longer than you know, any one of us would. And so that's why I'm not surprised to see really pretty clear majorities, not just in this poll that we showed you, but in other polls as well, saying yeah, I think he's guilty. Yeah, I think that the trial was more or less fair. And as I said before, you know the Democratic and Republican numbers, those are locked in.
Speaker 5: They weren't going to change their mind no matter what.
Speaker 1: But you do see the independence on this question citing more with the Democrats. Now, to go back to my original point, do I think this really changes a lot of votes? Do I think this really you know, shakes up the landscape for the presidential race. No, because ultimately there are a lot of other factors at play, and it's a long time till election day. But to those people out there who are like, oh, this is going to be great for Trump, and this is gonna just this is guarantee, I've heard people saying like this is going to guarantee him, you know, his trip back to the White House.
Speaker 5: I think that's complete nonsense.
Speaker 1: The best he can hope for is that it's basically a wash, which I.
Speaker 5: Do think is probably the ultimate most likely on come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I completely agree with you that largely.
Speaker 2: I mean, as you said, there's a lot there's a major Republican incentive, it appears to say this is going to be affirmatively good for Trump.
Speaker 3: I don't think that that is the case.
Speaker 2: There's a major Democratic incentive to say this is gonna be affirmatively horrible for Trump, this is going to be affirmatively great for Biden.
Speaker 3: I'm like, again, I don't think that that is the case.
Speaker 2: This is one of those where if you look deeply at why this is my personal favorites, like this is gonna make Trump popular amongst black people, I'm like, maybe let's just just put that one outside. But but then you know, if I actually dig into why Trump's support is higher amongst black voters and younger voters.
Speaker 3: This time around, it's very simple.
Speaker 2: Black voters, people who are largely economically disenfranchised, want a can who represents quote, major change, and to them, Trump is a roll of the dice.
Speaker 3: You ask the white.
Speaker 2: Boomers why they are largely consolidating around Biden, or at least voting for him in much larger shares and sticking with them. They don't want major change because their life is mostly fine as usual. It all comes back to the actual fundamentals and where you think things can go from here. So I just want people to really put that at the center of how they think about how others will vote, is that they're probably just like you. You know, this trial and all this other stuff doesn't really have much of an impact. But at the end of the day, the media, you know, is unable to really represent some of that. So we've done our best to put together in unhinged reactions from as many sides as possible. As usual, you know, we got to start with Bill Maher. Let's take a list.
Speaker 10: I would really be shocked if this judge gave him a prison sentence for this.
Speaker 11: I mean, Maga nation will go nuts. I don't know if that's a reason too or not to do something. But they will.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: But one of the things about this apocalyptic language that you hear from all of these the amen chorus is they really are inviting violence. And that's a big concern of mine. And Trump is completely unrestrained in suggesting that maybe that's appropriate. I mean, he hints that all the time. That's how we got in trouble on January sixth, and he's doing it again because I think he's more desperate now than he was then.
Speaker 11: But if they put him in jail, I know it'll happen because the judge's name was Wan. Yes, everything becomes racial in this country. That's partly because of our horrible, despicable racial past, partly because some of that racism lives on in the president, and some of it because the far left makes everything racial. But that's what it's going to be. A civil war in this country, I'm sorry to say, becomes a race war. That's the sad truth about this country. And if they put him in jail, I mean, that's the first thing his supporters are going to say is, oh.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 11: Well, that's the first thing, District Attorney, you know all these people who are the district attorneys, they're black. The judge was not white.
Speaker 3: This is what it is. Is it me or Crystal or is he the only one seeing some of the race goes?
Speaker 2: Look, I follow at objection, I was going to say, I follow a lot of Republicans. I follow some of the most like hardcore maga people you will ever see. And I don't see a single discussion of race in any of this criticism except maybe from like replies to literal Nazis. So maybe this is a little bit of projection, like you said, from mister Mahr, because I don't know what the hell he is talking about.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, obviously there are racial divides in this country, but ironically, given the fact that you do have more Latinos and African Americans going to the Republican side, it's actually the least racially polarized in terms of a partisan divide that we've been in a long time. Yes, so, yeah, I don't know where this came from. And then even and I saw not just from him, but I also saw people on the right talking, oh, this is going to lead a civil war and all this, And I understand people feel that the country is on a knife's edge, etc.
Speaker 5: But we also haven't seen any sign of that. I mean, he just was found guilty.
Speaker 1: There was no violence, there was no you know, I get coming out of January six, people are worried, like how is this all going to go down?
Speaker 5: But there was another time when he.
Speaker 1: Actively Trump actively called for people to come out in front of the courthouse and demonstrate, and they basically didn't show up. So you know, again, I understand the nervousness about the country being on a nice edge and things being fraught, et cetera. But I just don't see the evidence that there's going to be some sort of a national break and actual civil war and certainly not a race war over what is happening here. So you know, listen, I can always be wrong. You never know how these things all go down. But based on the fact that also Republicans are so convinced that they're all Feds at this point that it's made that right very difficult to organize in the way that like the left has been previously. After January six, everyone thinks everyone else is a fed with some justification, let's be honest, and so that's made it very difficult to organize any sort of like mass response to any of these things.
Speaker 3: The modern right organization is a lot like the Black Panthers in the nineteen seventies, where it's like the Spider Man meme and everyone's like, you're fed, You're a fed, and they were right, by the way, the Black Panthers are right then, and the Right is right today. So man, in general, you'd be better off if you assumed that if someone's ever trying to instigate you into a little plot. Just ask the people at the Gretchen Whitmer trial.
Speaker 2: At the same time, those over at Newsmax doing nobody no favor of talking about political violence.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen, you fight fire with fire.
Speaker 6: Otherwise these Marxists are going to keep doing this and Red State ags. You guys better start hammering these people. You have the opportunity out They cleared the way. Look, Democrats took what they alleged was a federal misdemeanor from the FEC and made it a state felony thirty four times over.
Speaker 3: There's no rules, apparently, step up.
Speaker 6: I'm not just talking you tyrants are about to awaken a machine you don't want. You are pushing people to the edge. The same party that is offended by the wrong pronouns is pushing the party that owns ninety percent of the guns, of which the majority defends our nation, who mine our minerals, who build our skyscrapers and drive our trucks. You weak people have no idea. You people in your cities with your white shoe consultants' country clubs, who thought prosecuting Trump was a good idea.
Speaker 3: You have never met America.
Speaker 6: You've watched that scene obviously in Braveheart, where they're all online waiting for the British to charge them, and he's screaming, hold folks, hold.
Speaker 2: All right, same thing where it's like, chill, dude, it's gonna be a If Trump himself is not as worried about it, then putting seventeen seventy six to twenty twenty four on the tombstone, we all don't need to go that far. Take your cues actually from the leader, and at the same time being like ninety percent of the guns and base explicitly threatening some sort of like I don't even know it's not insurrection, I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess instead of a race war, we're doing like a regional urban versus world war in this particular scenario that he's not worried about, he's actively cheering for.
Speaker 5: So there you go. That's great. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Everything's look.
Speaker 2: I agree, yeah, norms and all that things are breaking down. Does that mean that we are literally on the verge of civil war? No, And if you want to know why, you should go read a book about this civil war and how long it actually took to get to that point. And we're nowhere even close to it, luckily, and we should be happy about that sort of thing. Let's go finally here to MSNBC and to Michael Cohen about why, even though Trump was convicted in the New York court of law with his own testimony, that he and everyone at MSNBC.
Speaker 3: Is still unsafe now that he is in prison. Let's take a list.
Speaker 4: And I'm afraid of him going to jail. I'm not for him, not for his safety's that's on him. He's got Secret Service protection. I'm more concerned for you and for all of us and our families and for the American people because this clown had four years of being debriefed on national security issues on top of that, if he becomes the Republican nominee, he gets debriefed again. Starting now, think about this, America, think about.
Speaker 5: This for a second.
Speaker 4: My concern is in a prison situation, he's willing to give away these secrets, as I always say, for a begatuna or a book of stamps, and he will do it because he doesn't care.
Speaker 2: So he's such a fascist that he will still be a threat to them in prison, and that he will somehow trumb will be sitting there trading for a prison commissary. I mean, like, let me So that's my real question to Michael Cohen, why do you think that a bilbol of ramen is worth? Like knowing something about Iran that doesn't get anybody in prison anything. It's more likely to be like, hey man, let me get some of your cigarettes, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 5: I just can't stop laughing. And he said he would trade them for a bag of tuna.
Speaker 1: What a bag of tuna?
Speaker 5: Listen?
Speaker 1: If there was a risk I mean, and I think there was a risk of Trump, like with the classified documents, Like that's what that's a real problem, Like if he was going to sell out our country. And I think in many ways he already has like the Saudi Arabia, et cetera. I think that damage has already been done. I don't know what, you know, his selly really wants with.
Speaker 5: The hes to have Rody and nuclear info or whatever for his baggatuna. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's I just also love the MBC's standards are so low. Anyone who's just willing to be against Trump, You're now like besties. Michael Cohen has been one hundred percent rehabbed, and you know, sitting there all cozy like with Michael Steele and Simone Sanders, you know, really bipartisan gathering of folks there who are all willing to.
Speaker 3: See So you were correct.
Speaker 2: That was Alicia Mendez who was sitting there at the desk, who is Bobman then as his daughter, who actually did sell secrets to foreign government for gold bars. And we're all gonna sit there and be like, oh that wow, so you need to Trump. It would never happen right in this country. It's like your dad is literally being indicted for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And of course and then sow, she's still a lot on the air like look, that's a whole other conation.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't want to blame her for the sense of her father, but it is awkward for her to be sitting there condemning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, that's what I'm still listening to this guy.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 3: She's Okay, she recused her from that coverage.
Speaker 2: I think that's fine, you know, Okay, you know, I think that's fine and handy, But you know, it's pretty hypocritical to sit there just allow this stuff to happen there without acknowledging what's going on.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 2: I think that's the best we can show you now for our roundup, and I'm sure we can have many more deranged takes to come. So just sit back and we'll we'll make sure to have it for you. Let's move on now to Ukraine. This is actually a much more, much more serious situation that broke over the weekend. Let's go in put this up there on the screen. Biden has now secretly given Ukraine permission to strike inside of Russian territory with US weapons. This previously reversed more than two years of US policy, and it was directly allowing Ukraine to strike inside of Russia using US provided weapons, including long range missiles, which previously had been off limits for the Ukrainians. The reason why the Ukrainians are begging for this is that they are suffering major defeats and reversals on the battlefield. Russia has already just in the last several months, taken more territory than the entire Ukrainian counter offensive that was supposed to materialize such incredible gains. I also want to make clear that the change in this policy does not apply to is not just US provided weapons being allowed to be used in crimea. We are talking about Russian borders that have been well and long acknowledged by both the United States, by Ukraine and the international community. The Ukrainians allowing this or are Ukrainians pushing for this again because of their shortages of manpower and of their reversals on the battlefield, and the obvious lesson that in a war of attrition which they are in and they committed themselves to, they are going to lose, and they are doing their absolute best to gamble as much as they can while want basically trying to bring the United States into this war.
Speaker 3: And that is the most devastating part of this.
Speaker 2: And just to show you what is life like in Ukraine, why is this happening right now? Let's put this up there on the screen. I'm going to talk over this. This is a video just came out yesterday. Here you can see which is not a young man. I mean, this is a graying, older gentleman being kidnapped off of the street for conscription because he had been avoiding the draft.
Speaker 3: Plucked.
Speaker 2: He's going to be taken directly to a center, He's going to be recruited into the military forcibly conscripted. He's going to have weapons in his hands before you know it. And doesn't take a genius to see that people like this were the average age is some forty to fifty years old. Who even knows now at this point, let's put this up there. It shows us that the basic training, so called amazing training run by the United States government here basic training is quote barely covering the basics. Even Ukraine's own commanders in the field say they are bracing for most of the new troops under a conscription law to arrive with poor training. So it turns out, Crystal, that whenever you forcibly kidnap and conscript like all of these old men, force them through basic training with subpar weapons, barely even knowing how to operate, knowing that they're likely marching to their deaths, that they are not going to be fighting effectively. So this is the most dangerous situation all around, and it has already revived the recent threats of tactical nuclear weapons. The threats from the Russians have come from the highest level, from Putin and from dimitriy Medvedev.
Speaker 3: And of course the responses, well, they've never done before.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, you only have to be wrong once, and this is this is single handedly the most dangerous escalatory situation in Ukraine since the beginning of the entire war. And yet it's like the media everybody else is celebrating it. Just the last thing I want to add here I found this out this morning. I'm honestly repulsed by it. Is that Zelenski will be honored and joined will be honored at D Day celebrations in France, where Russia was explicitly not invited, even though Soviet troops, you know, had a major role, i would say, the highest role in actually defeating the Hitler regime. And Zelensky just recently honored a literal Nazi at the ss an ss Nazi at.
Speaker 3: The Canadian Parliament.
Speaker 2: We are like excluding Russia here from the D Day celebration, which they had always been a part of. Even you know, during the whole Soviet Union, the entire idea was, hey, yeah, we're not getting along now, but we came together and we beat Hitler. Let's at least celebrate a little bit of that and honor the men who died on that day. We're turning it into this repulsive like game where we're looking at Ukraine as important as an occupied France in the nineteen forties. So all of the set, you know, everything is set right now, from the NATO powers who want to put their troops inside of Ukraine, the Russians want to use tactical nuclear weapons. The Biden administration basically sleep walking US now to this situation. And there's no outrage, you know, in the American public because they don't really understand still the stakes, it's all just been all the risks have been hidden from them, and the truth about this conflict.
Speaker 1: It's just profoundly sad too. Like that's that video, I mean, it's just awful. Joe Biden is feeding Ukrainian men into a meat grinder out of political cowardice. He knows and his whole administration knows that this war is lost.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: There is no plan to win, there's no plan to take back the territory. Such a thing as really, you know, without us actively going all in is not possible.
Speaker 5: So what's the plan.
Speaker 1: A plan is just to bumble through through election day and you know, do enough so that there aren't major territorial losses. That's the reason for greenlighting now the strikes inside of Russia.
Speaker 5: Hope Americans aren't.
Speaker 1: Really focused on this, aren't really paying attention, aren't really upset by it, and figure it out on another day. And in the meantime, Yeah, men like that the one that you saw getting dragged off the street are being sent into a meat grinder with very little hope that they will be able to survive intact. I mean, if you read that article about the training and the conditions, you'll be horrified because they're openly saying, I mean, people in the military who are responsible for these brigades are saying, like, we're being forced to take fifty year old men who have basically never held a weapon before, who have bad knees and bad backs and don't want to fight, Like, what chance do you think.
Speaker 5: That they have people who were previously.
Speaker 1: On you know, non combat duty, you know, guarding a bridge something like that, are now being shipped to the front lines, also totally unprepared and with various medical problems.
Speaker 5: It's horrifying.
Speaker 1: And part of the problem is, listen, the biggest problem is actually lack of manpower.
Speaker 5: Another problem in terms of.
Speaker 1: The training is they're so low on like ammo grenades, grenade launchers that how do you train people if you don't just have like the material to be able to get them some practice in You don't have time to properly train people because you got to ship them right to the front lines. It's just so incredibly sad, and at this point there's just a suspension of reality. Biden is hoping there can be a long enough suspension, suspension of reality for him to get through his reelect. And you know, it is these Ukrainians who are really paying the price. They just passed this additional conscription law to conscript more Ukrainians and ship them to the front lines because the situation with manpower is so dire. This has become a very politically sensitive, difficult issue inside of Ukrainian society, as you can imagine, and seems like the one we just played your playing out all over the place.
Speaker 3: And you've got six hundred thousand military draft age males that are eligible but fled Ukraine. They bribe their way out of it.
Speaker 2: The Ukrainian government is now pressuring the Polish government, the Austrian government, and all of the surrounding NATO territory to have their police forcibly deport all of these Ukrainians who have been living large largely in all of these countries.
Speaker 3: A lot of them are rich.
Speaker 2: When I was in Hungary, basically what I was told is that a lot of these guys may be Ukrainian on paper, but they're ethnic Hungarians and they have no loyalty to the regime and they have no desire to fight. But now they possibly, you know, could be at risk. It's likely the Hungarian government will shield them at least, but for everybody else, if you're ethnic Ukrainian, you're living, you're living the good life in Germany or somewhere else, they're coming for you. They know that you're there, and they're going to try and to deport and to get their hands on you at the same time, you know, the international situation with regards to Ukraine could actually not be worse for them.
Speaker 3: Let's put this up there on the screen. Don't believe me, ask him.
Speaker 2: Zelenski says that China, quote is helping Russia undermine a peace summit on Ukraine, and that Chinese assistance to Russia is prolonging the war. He recently visited Singapore to try and to try and get Asian and developing countries to come to Switzerland, where he was hoping to host a peace summit. Basically, the goal of this peace summit is to get the entire international community to back the Western Framework on Ukraine, which basically says Ukraine at the end of this war will take back not only all of its territory that Russia has taken since the invasion of twenty twenty two, but Crimea as well. And obviously, most people, including any reasonable person, thinks that's ridiculous and that's not going to happen. And the Chinese at this point have been not only propping up the Russians, but have been the major beneficiaries of this entire conflict.
Speaker 3: Russia is basically a vassal state to China today.
Speaker 2: In terms of their trade, in terms of their financial system, and probably in terms of weapons if things ever go south, they're definitely being helped in buying things from the North Koreans. So the point is is that the great powers who are against the US here in the conflict and against the West are basically undermining any attempt to try and put some Western style framework in. So all of the momentum right now is with Russia. They've got the Chinese on their side. The Ukrainians are losing. We're getting increasingly desperate. The only hope that Ukraine has is to somehow drag the US here. I mean, I don't know if you've seen this, Crystal, but the British are currently floating putting trainers inside Ukraine, actually on Ukrainian soil to try and prop up these fifty year old guys.
Speaker 3: And the Russians were very clear, They're like, we're gonna kill them. They're like, if you put them there, we will kill them.
Speaker 2: And now we are in an Article five situation of what does that mean? And then what does Biden does that it is that it are we going? I mean, this is really scary stuff.
Speaker 1: In fairness with regard to the China Russia relationship. I was just seeing this this morning. China appears to be kind of picking their spots, of course, so Russia had come.
Speaker 5: To them with the major requests.
Speaker 1: One is, they've been trying to lock in this Russia China pipeline deal, and that is falling apart because the Russians aren't happy with the Chinese price demands, so that has basically stalled. You also had a request from Russia to for China to allow more Chinese banking in spite of potential US sanctions. China also said no to that. It was only that third thing of like, well, just at least don't go to their little piece summit that they agreed to. So just to you know, flesh out that picture with regard to to China support with Russia. There's also something else kind of interesting happening with regard to Zelenski's positioning in the world. So immediately after October seventh, he really came out very strongly singling support for Israel. I mean, there's a lot of reasons for that obviously, but in particular the.
Speaker 5: Fact that they are our vassal state, and so he feels like you know I need to please my master's here, but as part of putting a lot.
Speaker 1: Of stock in this quote unquote peace summit that Zelensky is pulling together, he really wanted.
Speaker 5: To attract a lot of the developing world.
Speaker 1: And there's a realization number one, there on a wildly different place with regard to Palestine than what we have signaled. So he has changed his messaging there quite significantly. And I think there also probably is a realization of like it's very blatant, it really undercuts the US Western narrative that our involvement with Ukraine is all about democracy and human rights, when we're so blatantly hypocritical when it comes to our support of Israel, and suddenly we don't care so much about human rights. We don't even really know what the words human rights means anymore when it comes to Israel. I think there's a realization that that has really undercut his position and his sort of moral standing and an ability to make this case. So he has really changed his tune with regard to Palestine, an attempt to appeal to the developing world and potentially to keep from China from going even further along and even further in with Russia. So I thought was kind of an interesting shift as well, because there's no doubt about it, like our politicians on both sides of the Aisle, a complete fealty to Israel has not served them in terms of their regard. In one sense, it did though, because I don't know that their aid would have gotten through if they hadn't like locked it in with the Israel Aid and use that in order to get those billions passed. But in terms of the focus and the you know energy around that and the just like diehard commitment to the Ukrainian cause, that has definitely been supplanted among the bipartisan elite in favor of, you know, being all in for Israel's genocide on Gaza.
Speaker 3: Well it's so obvious.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, human rights and the ICC and Vladimir Putin is a war criminal, and they're like, oh, hold, honestly, let's let's just change our tune on all of that. And like I said, I think it was BS in the first place, and that was this entire thing has been a foolish you know errand but we are all starting to see what it looks like whenever they get actually desperate and as the desperation increases in Ukraine, all of are far less safe. That's what we've always said, is that the worst things get for them, or the better things get for them. Ironically, that's actually whenever we're the most danger of getting into some sustained and tit for tat escalation that nobody could or that we could see coming, but allegedly nobody in the establishment could actually see coming. It's just at every single turn they choose escalation instead of peace. And so if there does come some major and broader conflict, it will be eminently predictable, and it will be the fault of the bipartisan establishment here in Washington now speaking of a bipartisan establishment media and so much more. There was a fantastic moment in the recent debate between Dave Smith and Chris Cuomo on the PbD podcast. Chris Coomo, of course trying to resuscitate himself into some sort of independent media figure. Truly, I mean a repulsive individual to me, because it's somebody who clearly then did not believe many of the things he was saying whenever he was on CNN and was saying for a paycheck, and is now trying to grift off of independent media audiences and transform himself into some truth sayer. Well, Dave, you know clearly had the receipts, and there was a great moment here. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 12: Obviously there was so much talk that they don't want you to take ivermectin. Ivermectin is the way to go take it. Joe Rogan got better from ivermectin. And by the way, I don't like what people did to Joe Rogan about ivermectin.
Speaker 6: I don't you did it?
Speaker 12: No, no, no, yes you did.
Speaker 6: Find the clips, dude, find the clips you shamed Joe Rogan.
Speaker 3: Find the said he is taking horse these armor.
Speaker 5: You and Don Lemon were chuckling at him.
Speaker 3: I'll go find you. Just saw the clip.
Speaker 12: Watch I'm not chuckling. I'm listening to Don.
Speaker 6: But no, no, no, there's.
Speaker 11: What I'm talking about. Wasn't on there?
Speaker 3: Here's absolutely they were.
Speaker 11: Oh here do we have it?
Speaker 6: Hold on, let's play the club.
Speaker 3: Getting injecting drugs for animals and horse.
Speaker 12: And people telling them to what person you know you talk about like you know, cancel ca who to shame ivermectin a d wormer?
Speaker 4: Really they are shaming themselves. That's why they are shamed.
Speaker 3: They're shaming themselves. So you're taking a DA.
Speaker 11: You can't apologize for that.
Speaker 8: This You weren't being clear that it was this, and you know that.
Speaker 5: Dude, you're being so dishonest.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 3: You were talking about ivermectin the drug.
Speaker 4: You were not talking about this version of ivermactin.
Speaker 12: Come on, I was responding to a situation where we were told that this is what people were searching out to take and nobody knew what it was going to do to them. Look, I'm taking the drug right now. Obviously I don't think it's all poison. I stopped calling it the horse drug when you can you cannot like it. CNN's chief medical officer, who was Sanjay Gupta, said to me, you shouldn't just call it a horse d wormer. There's a whole legitimate aspect of the drug. I wouldn't use it for COVID nineteen, but it's not just a veterinary grade. So I stopped calling it that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Then I went away, all right, come on, man, I'm the clim there.
Speaker 2: Went was so so good, and that's exactly what I'm talking about. And now all of a sudden, he's like Bobby Kennedy's biggest fan. And before that, you know, clearly was going on YouTube and he started covering UFOs as shit.
Speaker 3: Previously.
Speaker 2: I can't stand people like that, who are just like complete click whores. I'm out of nowhere, very yeah, leveraging his like brother's famous brother and father's famous last name, which is what he did. And then when he no longer is respectable in real media because he can't get a job at ABC or elsewhere and continue to propagate the environment, he takes a look around and he's like, Okay, you know there's some there's some work to be done here on YouTube, and of course news or what is it, what does he work for? News Nation or whatever? The News Nation happy to pay him to get their domba. Yeah, now he's got a look.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't know, Patrick, I don't know what the hell they're doing over there. Maybe it's for moments, you know, for something like this. If so, I think that's great me personally, I mean, I can't just help but look at this and just look at a dustin grifter. It's like, what do you believe dude, By the way he reached out to try and come on the show, and I was like, you know, it's like, what.
Speaker 3: Are we even going to talk to you about?
Speaker 2: Because he's a liar as we all see here right here. Props to Dave for exposing him, you know, and even and being willing to go tet tet. But I mean, look, there's so many there's so many instances like this where it's don It actually is very similar. He's like, oh, all of a sudden, he's a YouTuber and he's like, oh, you know, he won't disavow per se some of the things he did previously when he's on CNN.
Speaker 3: If anything, he's still trying to get back in over there.
Speaker 2: But I would hope you know that people are willing and able to see through this act here Crystal, because really really irks me.
Speaker 5: Maybe Cuoba could be good for accounterpoints Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, try to work well, then don't air this.
Speaker 5: Because I got some idea. Sorry, no, you bring him back a lot of Chris Quota memories for me with regard to just like what do you actually stand?
Speaker 1: It's very clear what he's say. He just stands for himself being on TV.
Speaker 5: Right there are a lot.
Speaker 1: I've met a lot of people like this immediate. They just have to be in the limeline. It really is like an addiction, like I have to be on camera, I have to have people paying attention to me, or else I feel like I don't exist.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that's him.
Speaker 1: I remember when he got COVID early in the COVID thing, the whole basement thing, and then they did made a big show he's emerging from the basement, and then it comes out that he's been like out and about riding his bike around and stuff spot in the neighborhood and remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not only that is even better.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite clips actually that I personally did just to toot my own work, where it turned out that he had left in order to go tour a multi billion dollar property for sale. And I was like, who amongst us does not broken COVID protocol to go and to tour a multi million dollar property in the Hampton's.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just a very common everyday experience. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and he was so gross story, I mean, because his brother was obviously, you know, the governor, and it was a really critical moment and there were a lot of really terrible and corrupt decisions that were made under his brother as governor, and he would they would do those fawning segments that were so disgusting on their face, it's like, this is a serious person in power making bad decisions that he at least deserves to be questioned. But no, they joke about like the size of their noses and mom's dinner and whatever. And then it comes out even beyond that that not only was he doing these you know, fluffy goofy segments with this very powerful person, but he was also actively advising him on political and campaign strategy in direct contravention of what Sannan claims to do, and also lied about that. Yes, and that's how he ultimately ended up, you know, after a long time, that was part of what ended up getting him out at CNN. But now, I mean, it's just it's very clear this is a craven individual who was willing to say, like whatever is convenient forum in.
Speaker 2: The moment, You're right, And it's still to this day BS that Cuomo was really taken down over me too, when really what he did most impeachable offense was not only his handling of the nursing home issue. But he actively used state resources, if we'll all recall, to cover up what was happening at those nursing homes and giving referential testing, using state troopers to bust, you know, different samples.
Speaker 3: I have not forgotten about that.
Speaker 2: There are thousands of people who are dead because of Andrew Cuomo. You can go and ask a lot of the people's parents or their family members who to this day have not forgotten what he did. They're at the behest of the insurance in the nursing home lobby. It was repulsive what he did, and then Chris Cuomo helped cover that up actively advised to try and kill some of these me too stories. And like I said, is now out here pretending like he is some you know, independent thinker or whatever. So you know, at the very least props to Dave. We should always be reminded of like who these people are. I believe in forgiveness, but only to a certain extent.
Speaker 1: See two in that moment, because he gets caught and he's like, oh, show the clip, and it's like, oh, well, here's the yeah, here literally here then and then he starts to make well, you have to remember at the time blah blah blah. It's like, you know, if you had said that at the beginning, like this was the narrative that was out there, and you know what, I bought into that narrative, and I regret it. Okay, look like you said, people learn, we make mistakes. You can make this. That's so, that's one thing. But clearly he wasn't willing to come clean on any of that until he got caught and he had to spin it in real time, and you know, it just it shows It shows the level of integrity there when when that's the dynamic, it's like, oh, now that you're caught, now you're going to come up with some you know, after the fact rationalization of what was going.
Speaker 2: That's a great point too, And that's actually why I believe one of the great hallmarks is, you know, at least here on the independent media, if I were to ever appear and some and we'll be like, hey, you got X wrong, I'd be like, yeah, you're right, you are right, show the clip, correct the X, Y and Z. Here's why I thought, you know, at the time, I wouldn't be like no, you're a liar or sending something like this.
Speaker 3: But you know, for him.
Speaker 2: It's like you said, it's the ego and he has to I almost think there's like this weird thing going on here, Crystal, where he agreed to do this just because the limelight. He knew it would get tons of attention and views and at least he would get his name that's out there, and that's actually the mark of like a sick person, you know, who's working in this business.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I guess at the very least he got what he wanted.
Speaker 5: The man is not lacking an ego, right, That is certainly the case.
Speaker 3: That's right,