Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Emily Grifeo and with us is Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nora Melinda. All Right, Noura, We're going to start with a consumer company on the move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's look at shares of McDonald's. This is take our MCD. We're seeing shares up about two point six percent right now, and this is after they actually saw some customers really feeling enticed by their discounts. I mean, the McDonald's really been throwing a lot of discounts out there, trying to make it easier for a lot of these consumers to grapple with the higher tear of environment, and that seems to apparently be paying off here as we really are seeing consumers doing you know, a lot of these fast food restaurants doing okay with consumers still willing to go there. But you are seeing fash casual restaurants like Kava for instance, Ticker Cava and others like Chipotle, a lot of those fast casual restaurants, it seems as though consumers are not really willing to pay as much anymore.
Speaker 1: Interesting and in McDonald's here though, this is a sign then that people are trading down. People who may have been going to a more expensive restaurant are now turning towards a cheaper option, right, And of course we do know that when you think about the lower income consumer.
Speaker 3: Of course McDonald's tends to be in the rotation if you think about where you'd like to get food and places where you can kind of get it on a budget. But I mean, I do think that you are seeing even McDonald's, which has been known to be more affordable, actually having this gale back and can create prices that are lower, more reasonable for the consumer to essentially, you know, to meet them where they are, if you will, and to continue to entice them here because it's not really working out for the likes of Kava for instance, where you are seeing consumers not wanting to pay as much for fast casual restaurants. Yeah, Kava bowl a slot bowl, if we can call it that, it's expensive now. They're pricey fifteen sixteen dollars, especially here in New York City. Of course ours are priced a bit higher, but you're starting to see people saying, hey, I'm not willing to spend this type of money on of course food and essential but if you think about fast casual a discretionary item here, So you are seeing a lot of people starting to trade now and you're definitely seeing McDonald's benefiting from that. Okay, and then.
Speaker 1: Kava ticker Cava, that stock was down as much as four percent, but it's about flat right now, Where did we learn from that move?
Speaker 3: Today? Hearing its decline, but still the stock has really had a rough year. Here's are down about fifty four percent so for a year to date, and this is of course the company slashing its full year sales growth target. They're saying that foot traffic has stalled in the third quarter and they're really seeing cost consumers that are financially squeezed here really foregoing a lot of the fast casual restaurants. As we've been discussing here, I mean we heard from Shakeshack, I mean we heard from Chipotle. We've been hearing from a lot of those in the fast casual space, and it seems to be the same read through here consumers struggling right now?
Speaker 1: What is the Nora Melinda Bloomberg, Television Markets correspondent, lunch order.
Speaker 3: I'm not at Covex, you're not at com I have to run over to Chipotle, which I know is one of your favorites.
Speaker 1: EMLA, Yes, I do like Chipotle. I recently discovered the Chipotle hack. You can order from the kids menu now and you can save money.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there you go.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the read into the consumer outlook. There is that love the kids right ordering from the kids menu? But yeah, I mean everything's getting more expensive. Speaking of expenses, tickets are expensive, going to concerts are expensive. What's Live Nation doing right?
Speaker 3: Are we still doing that right? People still going to concerts? Well, we are seeing we did see a sales miss for Live Nation here. That's sicker LYV and An. It's really saying this is a good but not great reports. They do see long term prospects that still remain promising. But in terms of this current time period, you are seeing a lot of consumers not spending on concerts. Of course another discretionary items. We're seeing shares of Live Nation down about eight and a half percent, right, now as we speak, but earlier Plunch looking for their worst day since twenty twenty three, down as much as ten percent. But the company did also talk about some income tax pressure, particularly from the Trump Tax and Spending bill. But really what's being underscored here is the consumer that we're still keeping a very close eye on.
Speaker 1: Interesting right, and so Live Nation missing on revenue and concerts revenue. So the revenue's eight point five billion versus estimates about eight point six one Northlinda, thank you for joining us. Next Live Nation lyv.
Speaker 2: For the ticker the stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.