Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong, Joe Kaddy arm Strong and Jack Kid and he.
Speaker 2: Arm who live from studio scene, say to Wednesday, are you excited at that halfway did the finish line?
Speaker 3: Or I'm strong and getting in a dimly lit room using in the bowels of our entire compound and torming you for hours to come.
Speaker 1: And today we're under the food ledge of our general manager.
Speaker 3: Let's go with Sonny Williams and Butch will Moore, the recently returned astronauts.
Speaker 1: There as two of them.
Speaker 3: There indeed were two of them. There are two of them there continue to be two of them.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they're the ones that I saw land in the ocean last night.
Speaker 3: That is correct. Well, plucky, plucky gal, plucky guy. It's amazing what nine months in space due to you, though, I mean they are weak, weak acts. They ought to get to They're tough enough. Zero gravity, your muscles wither away and your bones get less dense, and your eyeballs are prone to floating out of their sockets on their day last part up.
Speaker 1: But it's it's rough on a human being.
Speaker 3: Which brings to mind jack the illumined question, how the hell can we get somebody to Mars and have them be anything other than just a glob of jelly isometric exercises, That's what I say.
Speaker 4: Well, I was listening to an old astronautic who said you recover pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: So but uh yeah, I heard Elon.
Speaker 4: We got some clips that Elan, he didn't interview last night, talking about going to Mars.
Speaker 1: Quite the deal. I hope I live long enough to do it.
Speaker 4: He said, twenty to twenty to thirty years before there's like a space station there. I don't know when he's expecting to actually have a human being just go there. I don't think there's any plan to come back, right.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, a space station manned by humans there, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, that's the whole point.
Speaker 4: He's so much for robotics these days. No, Elon that, well, that wouldn't do us any good. Elon's entire point is that we need to be the first species, probably in the universe, to be multiplanetary. He believes if there has ever been other intelligent life, it's because it died out because it was on one planet. Eventually, a planet dies out for a number of reasons or destroys itself or whatever. You need to be multiplanetary to continue as a species, and the only way to do that is to get to Mars and have people there also.
Speaker 3: Well, that's this is why you're not in charge of the program. To dismiss my ideas. That wouldn't do any good.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: The robots would get there and build the facilities that were need it well, so the humans could move in. It's like a move in ready condo on Mars. The robots would put up the wallpaper and paint and rearrange the furniture a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Still they're happy with it.
Speaker 4: I know I'm not gonna live long enough for this. This is the part I would really like to see. Is you get enough people up there that you start to have a society that then has exactly the same problems we've had here on Earth. And then maybe everybody finally realizes once and for all, it's just freaking human nature.
Speaker 1: Wait what, I'm making a Macaulay Culkin face.
Speaker 3: There wasn't a Trump on Mars that caused people to act this way or something else, right, that would be something, wouldn't it if if that just brought us like an extra year and a half after Earth destroys itself.
Speaker 1: The people on Mars are doing exactly the same thing.
Speaker 3: But you're gonna have the first crime on Earth first, or on Mars the first time somebody you know comes back in and their uh, I don't know, their gyroscope is missing. And Fred's first crime first murder first, you know, out of wedlock, baby whatever. Sure, somebody gets a little drunk on space rum and takes a swing at somebody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, you'll have to have a space jail.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if people understand that that's happening, and you know, speaking to that, clearly, politics or space has been politicized now in the way that everything else is politicized. The coverage of yesterday's Return of the Astronauts depend on what channel you were watching.
Speaker 1: They either mentioned elon Musk, space X and.
Speaker 4: All that endlessly or they mentioned it not at all, depending on the channel the channel you were watching. Because space has become politicized just.
Speaker 1: Like everything else.
Speaker 3: I was actually mildly surprised to see ABC News in a bit of detail go over the whole Boeing swung and missed and SpaceX succeeded.
Speaker 4: I was listening to NPR today and unless I missed it, there was nary a mention of SpaceX's role in the whole thing. NASA, NASA, NASA, NASSA, just lots of NASSA government program.
Speaker 1: Did this government program? Did that? NPR is a funny, funny joke.
Speaker 4: And well they did have a good interview with an astronaut talking about I'd never heard anybody. I've heard astronaut since I was a little kid. Joe and I grew up in the golden age of SpaceX co exploration, when we're going to the Moon and whatnot, and I would alwa's heard about Uncle Neil Armstrong holds a fairly prominent place in the history. And now I've forgotten the word. The word applies to my son because it's a problem he had as a little kid. Are the human body needs pressure against it, particularly to the bottoms of your feet in your hands, to help orient it in the world, or your brain gets all out of whack. And that's the big problem. It's not the muscles after fying, it's that you have no none of that feedback on any of your body for a length of time, and it makes your brain go crazy. And that's the biggest adjustment that astronauts have to make. And I'd never heard that before, but it makes perfect sense, and it's really awful, like an awful, awful feeling. I'd always only heard about it described as muscle atrophying, and that's why they're that way and all wildling. No, no, no, no, it's the they've had no feedback on their body through their the normal spaces of walking around and pushing off of things, and their brain is out of whack, right, it takes a while for that to come back into whack.
Speaker 3: I heard Brettbaar was talking to who's the senator from Arizona whose brother was an astronaut. Yeah, the the Kelly brother who is an astronaut, was talking about coming back from a rather extended space mission, and he was talking about having hives, having painful skin pace hives because something to do with without the pressure, his skin changed and then when the pressure came back again, it was extremely sensitive and he had if you've.
Speaker 1: Never had hives, it's it's it's like torture.
Speaker 3: The astronaut I heard interviewed said he's five eleven, but when he came back he was six one. Then only lasted a couple of days and he went back to five eleven. That's how much you stretched out when you're not squished down by gravity all the time. I wonder how tall I am. I'm probably seven feet tall. When will we fight back against our oppressor of gravity?
Speaker 1: Right? I didn't love gravity? Who voted for that? Who passed it? It's the dictatorship of gravity, That's what I say. Who was with me? Yes, Katie?
Speaker 5: Well, you guys remember that documentary that Arnold was in, the Total Recall in Space Mutations?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yes, another thing to worry about.
Speaker 3: We learned a great deal from that, yes, yes, yes, well and speaking up for the women folk in space, you don't have to worry about you know, support garments or anything, you know.
Speaker 1: Your poms cal Yes, it's just so great.
Speaker 3: Everything just stays like your nineteen year old college freshman for you know, permanently awesome.
Speaker 4: I like all of this. Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong Joe Getty on this is how did it already get to be Wednesday March nineteenth or twenty twenty five or Armstrong and Getty, and we approved this program.
Speaker 3: How many women would willingly be set to space for two months a year if it preserved to a large extent their late teen's early twenties body for an extra decade.
Speaker 5: I don't know every single one of us.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, all right, let's begin the show officially now. According to FCC rules and regulations here, we got a lot to get to at.
Speaker 5: Mark Brace for splashdown and splashdown Crew nine back on our snip, Alex.
Speaker 1: Butch sunny On behalf of SpaceX Welcome Home. That's a splashdown.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't call it violent exactly, but it's like one step short of violent when you actually hit the water.
Speaker 1: I noticed they.
Speaker 3: Hit it at an angle, so the flat part of the craft doesn't contact the water. It kind of noses in like a wag, which I'm sure is part of the design.
Speaker 1: But I wonder how jostling that is. So we'll play the clip a little bit later.
Speaker 4: But Elon, in an interview last night, said they offered the Biden administration to go up there and get those astronauts, and the Biden administration wouldn't deal with them out of politics. Elon says, because of politics. Biden didn't let their technology go get these astronauts. That's why it happened right after Trump became president. Now Biden administration is saying that's not true. The timing is a little suspicious. The fact that it didn't happen during Biden and then Trump's president. That happens pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: So well, the.
Speaker 3: Biden administration told us Old Show is doing great. In fact he was better, never was fit to go for another term.
Speaker 4: The evidence I only need is I've said this one hundred times, is just you talk about climate change, you talk about all the electric cars in America, and never mentioned Tesla.
Speaker 1: That's all I need to know. You don't mention the number one by far electric car company because of politics.
Speaker 3: Even though it's a an existential threat to the extent that you have terrified generations of children over it, and yet we're.
Speaker 1: Leading the electric car company in the country. It's pretended doesn't exist.
Speaker 4: And that was not Elon is with Trump at that time, that was all. Tesla doesn't have the United Auto Workers union that GM and Ford and everybody has.
Speaker 1: But now, of course Elon is Hitler. We got Katie's.
Speaker 4: Headlines on the way we've got some mail bag, we got some other news we got we know something about the Trump Putin call from yesterday. Putin's asking for a lot, as I think was predicted, what we give him. I don't know. Israel as we speak is bombing Gaza.
Speaker 3: They've broken the ceasefire. Jack Corse, the New York Times, Right, I just heard that on NPR. NPRS, which is running all these promos.
Speaker 4: You know, they're always begging for money, even though we're supporting them through tax payer.
Speaker 1: Money, among other things.
Speaker 4: NPR runs all these promos about how preserve what do they call it, not real information, but something like.
Speaker 1: That, objective journalism. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with the idea that we're the only things standing between you and just nothing but spun misinformation.
Speaker 1: We're the real.
Speaker 3: Partisan objective journalism. You have to help us preserve it.
Speaker 1: Do they believe that? Do they think a lot of them? Do? I think they do.
Speaker 4: I know lots of NPR listeners that believe that's the only news source you can count on to be objective. I would love to sit down with them and go through a newscast and point out where they're not objective.
Speaker 3: Well, you form your your view of what's moderate or what's objective or not based on your observations, and if you're bubbled, then you will think, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Super far left is moderate.
Speaker 4: Got a lot on the way, and our text line is four one five two nine five KFTC. I don't know if I'm stealing one of your headlines by teasing this, but Attorney General Pam Bondi announced yesterday that they're going to pursue punishments as high as they can against people who are attacking Tesla dealerships because it's political violence, if you will, and we can't tolerate that in America. But have some of the reactions around that that are pretty darned interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I agree with her completely.
Speaker 3: It's reminiscent of the early seventies when there are hundreds of bombings a year on private property, generally our government buildings, and it was clearly political terrorism. Go get them scumbags, all right. We've got a lot to get to today. As previously mentioned, it's Trump versus the courts. John Roberts chastises the president very gently, the big potent Trump call. Got to get to that and much more. Let's figure out who's reporting what it's leads throws Katy Green, Katy, this was so cool.
Speaker 5: Starting with the Guardian Dolphins welcome NASA astronauts stuck in.
Speaker 1: Space back to Earth. I saw that. That was awesome.
Speaker 5: From the Washington Post, Netanyah who says Israeli strikes the killed hundreds in Gaza are quote just the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably for sure.
Speaker 5: Ye USA today after Trump putin call, Russia agrees to limited Ukraine ceasefire.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Their main point that Putin had is you need to stop view the United States needs to stop arming Ukraine.
Speaker 1: So that's a heck of a thing.
Speaker 4: You start a fight with me and tell me you stop punching me, and I'll stop punching you.
Speaker 1: But you started it right.
Speaker 3: And it's a limited, conditional ceasefire for limited time that will be broken immediately. And he has gigantic demands to do anything.
Speaker 1: Sits significantly from breakbart dot com.
Speaker 5: Trump administration ends translation services for Immigration Agency after declaring English the official US language.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know how they use the translators. I mean, you got some Chinese national coming across the border. You can yell at him in English as much as you want, But yeah, I need to know more.
Speaker 5: From the Daily Mail, musk hating hackers release names and addresses of every Tesla owner in the United States with a chilling symbol. The cursor turned into a Molotov cocktail dope.
Speaker 4: That's kind of interesting. I mean, I can't drive down the street in the Tesla. It's not like I'm hiding it, so yeah, but the address. Who knows what these monsters will do? From the New York Times, No, I don't like these times. I do not like these times.
Speaker 3: I need a time machine or I don't know, just go out into the woods and watch the squirrels covortas I've threatened for years.
Speaker 1: From the New York Times, oil and.
Speaker 5: Gas executives to visit the White House to discuss tariffs and regulation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where this ends, nobody knows, really, it's madness.
Speaker 1: From ABC.
Speaker 5: Last decade was Earth's hot ever, as CO two levels reach an eight hundred thousand year high.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if that's a big deal or not.
Speaker 4: But I mentioned the other day that in my home state of Kansas, they had a dust storm maybe sawt in the news that caused a fifty car pile up.
Speaker 1: With semis and everything like that.
Speaker 4: Because of dust, which never happened when I lived there. My brother had sent me this text from Western Kasis. We've got a full blown blizzard today that closed the interstate.
Speaker 1: It was eighty four degrees yesterday. WHOA, that's some weird weather.
Speaker 3: Holy cats, And who was the source of that highest co two in eight hundred thousand years?
Speaker 1: That's ABC News? Okay, all right or not?
Speaker 3: Or you know what, I'm gonna sell my park and buy some shorts that Soto. Hold on to my parka and my shorts, according to your brother's experience, keep them handy.
Speaker 1: You might need them this afternoon, both of them. Right from Yahoo News.
Speaker 5: Kanye West overshadowed by yet another social media meltdown.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I didn't know he had a new album come out. I'll have to check that out today on the drive home. Yeah, yeah, there is controversy over the new album Jack.
Speaker 1: As you might expect, it's not hinged.
Speaker 3: Does that have anything to do with the fact that he's completely nuts and his self proclaimed himself a Nazi?
Speaker 1: Yes, I did.
Speaker 5: He his Twitter yesterday and it's still up right now. I gotta check it out, like a couple hundred all caps, just nonsense.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 3: I know he really needs a conservator like Britney Spears.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think that. I think Kim Kardashian tried to be that.
Speaker 1: And finally the Babylon.
Speaker 5: Bee CIA files reveal JFK was killed by seed oils.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: They are so good. Have you dug into that at all? Jack, not a bit.
Speaker 4: I saw a keys on the Fox News last night and then they never got around to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've got a fair amount of information on it. They do the big takeaway. Oh yes, Joe with the big takeaway on the JFK assassination files coming up.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait, arm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 6: We definitely offered to return the astronauts earlier. That's there's no question about that. The astronauts were only supposed to be there for eight days, and they've been there for almost ten months, so obviously that doesn't make any sense. SpaceX could have brought the astionals back after a few months at most, and we made that offer to.
Speaker 1: The Biden administration.
Speaker 6: It was rejected for political reasons, and that's just a fact.
Speaker 4: White House. The Biden White House says that's not true. Uan says it is. Maybe that'll get hashed out in the media today. If that is true, that's a heck of a thing.
Speaker 3: Those astronauts on a suit old man Biden or doctor Jail, fake doctor or somebody I mean being stuck up, although they are astronauts and seem to be like at least okay with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe he loved it.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean like I was supposed to go play Augusta National for an afternoon and I got stuck there and had to stay for nine months.
Speaker 4: I mean, sorry, honey, I miss you. You know, they're probably your honeymoon. Something happened in your honeymoon had to last three weeks instead of one week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you to be angry about that. I had a word, miss work. Damn it right, I get it.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: The Trump administration yesterday released more than thirty thousand pages of previously classified or censored documents relating to the death of former President J F.
Speaker 1: CA John F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy that some would had hoped would provide answers to decades old questions about the assassination. Trump said last year on the campaign trail he would disclose those documents if elected, and on Monday, he said most of the eighty thousand remaining pages would be released in full. I don't know why they're just going over them now for national security sources and methods and that sort of thing reasons, but that'll become a little more clear, I think as we talk.
Speaker 4: About this, well, well, yeah, and yesterday we talked about what a small percentage of the total pages on the JFK investigation. This is, yeah, for most of them have been released. But you got to wonder why did they hold these back? You know, it makes me interested, right.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and I think though the answer might not be as like direct and wow ish as some people hope, it's going to be interesting for sure. It already is to me now, I will tell you this, having released thirty thousand pages like a day ago, that's.
Speaker 1: A heck of a lot to go through.
Speaker 3: And depending on who you look at, they have different accounts of what's the most interesting part. I'm just gonna hit you with a couple of things that I found really interesting.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The New York Post is is their won't have gone with the most jazzy sexy stuff, whether it's the most significant or not, as in the Ivy Beholder. But some of the interesting snippets being poured over quoting now include documents shedding light on theories eyeing a small clique in the CIA being involved, as well as an apparent KGB investigation to find out if SaaS and Lee RV. Hoswald was one of its agents. And I've read tons on this in my lifetime. It is amazing Lee Harvey Oswald's connection to the Soviet Union at very points of life and then no tying them to the assassination.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is one hell of a coincidence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And we'll get to that if we have time, because there are a lot of different levels of relationships you can have, especially with intelligence services. But this is interesting. A memo dated June sixty seven details how a former US Army intelligence officer, Gary Underhill, fled d C Washington, DC very agitated.
Speaker 1: That's a quote.
Speaker 3: The day after Kennedy was shot, and spoke with a friend about how a quote small clique within the CIA was behind the assassination. Six months before he was found dead in his apartment. He was very agitated. A small clique within the CIA was responsible for the assassination, he confided, and he was afraid for his life and probably would have to leave the country, the memo reads. Less than six months months later, Underhill was found dead, shot to death in his Washington apartment.
Speaker 1: The coroner ruled it a suicide. That's pretty damned interesting.
Speaker 3: Underhill, former US Army captain who worked as an intelligence officer during World War Two, was said to be on quote a first name basis with many of the top brass in the Pentagon, and on intimate terms with a number of high ranking CIA officials. The friends whomunder Hill visited say he was sober but badly shook. They say he attributed the Kennedy murder to a CIA click, which was carrying on a lucrative racket and gun running, narcotics and other contraband, and the Click allegedly killed Kennedy because he caught wind of their business and was killed before he could blow them the right.
Speaker 4: So that's that's why the Kennedy assassination has always made for such great movies or speculation or books whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: All the pieces are there for just all kinds of different theories. Lee Harvey Oswald in case you're whatever, He's not somebody who ever spent much time looking.
Speaker 1: He freaking lived in the Soviet Union for a while.
Speaker 3: He moved there and lived there for a while and met with Soviet agents right yeah, yeah, and sought asylum there on multiple occasions, and Cuba again.
Speaker 1: One more note on mister Underhill.
Speaker 3: His suicide was called into question since he was found with a gunshot wound behind his left ear, but his writing partner who found his body said he was right handed, so very very odd he would use his left.
Speaker 1: Hand to kill himself.
Speaker 3: A classic you know, TV detective ish, Wait a minute, now, let's see and the another document, teletype US intelligence report from November of ninety one, said a KGB official named Nikanov investigated whether Oswald had been a KGB agent. Nikanov is now confident that Oswald was at no time an agent controlled by the KGB, the document says.
Speaker 1: The film the file rather.
Speaker 3: Also noted that KGB was watching him closely and constantly while he was in the USSR, and also noted Oswald was a poor shot when he tried target firing in the USSR. Also had a stormy relationship with his Soviet wife, who rode him incessantly.
Speaker 1: That's from a KGB file. Hey, hey, hey, you don't need to put that in my file. That's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, or the FSB file at the time. So that's that's pretty interesting. I want to get to putting aside just for the moment, some of the jazzier stuff. I'm looking at the Wall Street Journal's account of the thousands of pages their people poured through. Let's see, it was Sinatra angry that JFK had betted his girlfriend Marilyn Monroe.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Some of the documents have faded typewritten text and hadn't written notes. Others contained faint classified secret markings. The documents appear to address a range of topics, from a trip Oswald took to Finland to a two hundred and ten dollars rent reminder for a CIA safehouse in Maryland, to the financing of covert operations. Let's see, they actually refer to mister Nosenko again, the former KGB guy. The a arrange for two Washington Post reporters to interview him about his knowledge of Oswald when he lived in the so Union. They also reimbursed him for his expenses that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Obviously, the most explosive thing would be if the CIA took out a president of the United States, because even if we could nail down that it was the Soviet Union at this point, I mean, that's interesting, but that entity no longer exists.
Speaker 1: They were an enemy of the United States. It's not shocking the heck of a thing.
Speaker 3: But if it turned out to be our own government, you know, the CIA, where now that would be just you know, oh my god, head's explode.
Speaker 1: Why what do you do with this bubbo devastating your heath? Shaking?
Speaker 3: It would change laws and the structure of government and all sorts of I could tell you what Bobby thought when it happened, because it's in the LBJ books written by Caro. He thought that the mob finally got to them because Bobby Kennedy, as Attorney General, had been at war with organized crime death threats is constantly. Was his first thoughts, was the mob finally pulled it off? Well, and a lot of the conspiracy theories quote unquote have to do with the nexus between the CIA and the mob, and hey, look who are both in on this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got guys, We got guys.
Speaker 3: Anyway, one of the more interesting takeaways for me, and it's not really sexy exactly, but I'll just read you this and then make the point. Documents released Tuesday help explain why some of the materials have remained.
Speaker 1: Secret for decades.
Speaker 3: CIA operations that could be exposed span dozens of countries from Japan to Zaiir, requiring officials to assess the damage that disclosure would bring to spy programs in each nation. Quote, public acknowledgment of a station in India would be a problem. US and India foreign relations are always delicate. The Indian government is very sensitive to perceived slights, one official wrote in nineteen ninety five. Disclosure of CIA operations in Berlin, on the other hand, would cause quote no specific damage, the official.
Speaker 1: Wrote, Yeah, but that's what we said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, today, systems and methods, I mean, where do we get our information that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: You can't be given that away, right exactly. There's a little more, and then again there's a point to be made. The documents, many of them fully redacted, provide a rare window in the overlap between covert action and state craft. One CIA document from nineteen sixty recounts how Mexico's president, who had spoken publicly against American intervention in Cuba, praised American plans to oust Castro Lopez Mateos that's the president asked the CIA's local station to convey the President Eisenhower that he has quote delighted that a decision has now been made to get rid of Castro while he was shouting and beating his chest in public, makes perfect sounds to keep that secret awful.
Speaker 1: And they go into what time is it? You know, we got a second. That sort of thing happens all the time.
Speaker 4: By the way, it'd be like MBS in Saudi Arabia saying take out the Iranians.
Speaker 3: Somebody's got to do it, but he's not going to say that out loud right exactly for instance. And then let's get back into this later. They go into a great deal of the relationship between the Soviets and the Cubans and Oswal's desire to hook up with one or both of them, and how aggressively they researched it. But here's the part the twist that I wanted to get to, and just by coincidence, Holman Jenkins, who writes editorials for the Wall Street Journal once a week or whatever it is, wrote a great piece today, Nobody wants the COVID truth. Why Western intelligence agencies helped Putin and she keep their darkest secrets. And he starts with the fact, well, actually he starts with In nineteen seventy eight, scientists quickly concluded that the previous year's global flu pandemic originated in the lab league in China or Russia, but they chose not to advertise their findings because their overriding priority was to protect diplomatic relationships which were warming with Russia and China. What year was that, nineteen seventy eight?
Speaker 1: Wow? Jenkins rights.
Speaker 3: This columns long highlighted a reasoned disinterest of the US and other Western governments and finding the truth about COVID nineteen, which would complicate relations with China, and he mentions the CIA finally five years later said yeah, it's probably a lab leak, but.
Speaker 1: We have low confidence.
Speaker 3: Low confidence the diplomatically vital caveat Jenkins calls it. German intelligence apparently concluded as far back as twenty twenty with high confidence that a lab mishap was responsible, but that finding was only leaked this month, followed by frantic cover your ass activities by German politicians concerned about relations with Beijing.
Speaker 4: So for anybody who's wondering how we got from JFK to COVID. So this is just the sometimes they keeps off secret to keep things smooth with other countries.
Speaker 3: Yes, the intelligence services and the civilian controllers of them will absolute lo soft pedal the evil doings of our adversaries and enemies. If they have diplomatic goals that the truth that the American people are howling for would would be comfortable.
Speaker 4: Boy, And that's a problem because there's a lot of judgment calls involved in that.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, up to an including China killing millions of effing people. Wow, that's soft pedal this, it would be it would ratchet up, you know.
Speaker 4: Tensions when you can picture all kinds of bad judgment calls being made around that because your particular world is so important to you, your relationships with batperson.
Speaker 3: Sure right, And how wrong we're Nixon and the Kissinger about Chinese intentions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's interesting stuff. That's deep state stuff right there. Well, that's that's why I brought it up. It all fits. Yeah, how about the magic bullet? Do we get into that at all? How did you make to I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: Get move into a cabin in the woods and start firing off manifestos and blowing off people's fingers.
Speaker 1: But it's enough to make you pretty cynics.
Speaker 3: Good to know we've gotten a mailbag on the way. Stay here. So I don't get a big kick out of the daily My team did this, their team did that, back and forth.
Speaker 4: But I do get a real big kick out of just like bright line, philosophical divides between people who have a conservative mindset and people who have a progressive mindset. And we got a great example of that from Chuck Schumer on The View yesterday that we'll get into an hour two. I mean, you either agree with him, and I know lots of people who had nod their head, or you're horrified at his point of view about your money.
Speaker 1: So stay tuned for that an hour or two.
Speaker 3: I just respect the fact that anybody fixed their eyeballs to that dumpster fire and watched it long enough to comprehend what was I saw.
Speaker 4: A clip of it on Twitter, not like I'm going home and watching the View in my in my spirit time.
Speaker 1: Here's your freedom.
Speaker 3: Love and quote of the day, continuing our series from Theodore Roosevelt, the pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That is so true. That is so true.
Speaker 4: But man, you get into it if you try to if you try to talk to a pacifist and say, look, you're really just taking more war and death. Well, and you're just taking the intellectual easy way out. You're unwilling to engage in reality. So don't waste my time. I mean, it's a very insulting thing to say, but it's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would like to read the rest of that paragraph. Hear more of TR's reasoning. Very little time, though, So let's get right now. So let's get to mail bag.
Speaker 1: Woo woo. Why don't you communicate?
Speaker 3: Hmm, drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong egeeddi dot com is the email address. Give him as short as is reasonable. I mean, if you're brilliant, and that brilliant voice to me, go on for a while.
Speaker 1: That's fuck.
Speaker 3: James writes just a few words. First of all, there's no such thing as Twitter, it doesn't exist. Second, Jackson, idiot, Joseph moron, sincerely James, and he signs his full name.
Speaker 1: I would like to break down between idiot and moron.
Speaker 3: Yeah, James, if you could write back and elucidate a little further, we'd appreciate it.
Speaker 1: There's one rank higher than the other. I don't know. Well, I think we both want to know that. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Who is the greater maroon in in your opinion? Sir JT and livermore frequent correspondent writes, I can't be the only person who hears about those astronauts who them marked on a very short tripped outer space and only ended up stranded there for a very long time. I can't be the only one who hears that and thinks of the Gilligan's Island theme song.
Speaker 1: A three hour tour, A three hour tour.
Speaker 3: Surely some musically creative person could put together a spoof music video. It's got to be out there, or have your computer do it? Ay, I could do it in like a minute. Speaking of Ai note, let's see Mark yesterday you find Jen spoke of the seven Dwarfs being done via CGI and yet though in the idiot snow White movie, and their voices still have to be done by actual dwarves. Though why, I mean, if a man can play a woman get nominated for an oscar, why can't a large or normal sized person. Do the voices of dwarfs and the cgi snow White love the show? Katie's great the perfect amount of great American sarcasm.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 3: Signs off from Frog's Nipple. Ohio, I've never been a frog nipples since, but it's lovely this time here speaking of the awful, awful Snow White movie that nobody will see, Garrick Wrights, you made no mention that Disney loves diversity so much that they can't even make snow White white. If there was one character you'd think they'd leave alone, unlike the Little Mermaid, for instance, it'd be snow effing white.
Speaker 1: I see the hispanic order of nobody on the right cares really do that? Don't care? No, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I got to admit it be weird if she was black and called herself snow white. But whatever, I'm not gonna see the movie anyway. Oh, we're out of time, damn it, the cruelty of the clock. We've got plenty more hours to go.
Speaker 4: If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty