Speaker 1: We say, if you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name flame, my bro also known as my Roe Flame, come in with last and come in with you love loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 1: Shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 2: What's up? Tests? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know she raised shout towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna laugh, cut him and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a list of spirits.
Speaker 2: But do you want to revisit so your first second listen, young folks.
Speaker 1: So it's left, oh folks, that we dig it.
Speaker 3: Goodkin.
Speaker 2: No fish do what you do? No this do what you do? Can no fish do what I do?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Hey, Welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn. I am your host's comedian Slave Monroe, along with my beautiful co host Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 2: How you to, how's it coming?
Speaker 4: It's going good.
Speaker 3: I know y'all out there listening in radio land and enter their land saying okay, y'all a little late.
Speaker 4: We are a little late, but that are.
Speaker 3: Late than never, and we are here to give it to you. And we got something to give to y'all. First of all, I want to say thank you guys for joining us. And what episode is this body? Thirty two thirty two y'all were getting up there. We thank you guys for laughing listening with us. Please share, subscribe, It's all free. Tell all your friends to download us on iHeart or the Black Effect Network, Spotify, Apple, Amazon, or wherever you listen to your podcast.
Speaker 4: I've been out working, Bobby.
Speaker 3: I did a show last night at the Miracle Theater for my boy Chris Spincer's birthday. So many celebrities, so many big wigs in the building, and I did push, laugh and learn. So hopefully we're gonna get some new fans because I told them it was all political, and I hit them with We were so many people that were there because there's a church in the city of Altadena here, so they were raising money for the church. Last night, fifty people at the church lost their homes in Altadena. There's a bigger church in there, but fifty of those congregation congressional members of congregation members lost their their home. So we were talking. I was I told you know, I told them I'm sorry about Woo woo, I said, but y'all need to understand how important sports are in this country. Because your house ain't burned down on it's all. The Olympics is coming here in three years. The whole audience flat, lamb Bobby, I sucked all the other room. One lady stood on a side clapping. Now today all the conspiracy theorists are all on TikTok and all on Instagram and Facebook talking about what's coming in three years and moo woo and bringing up all and it's not like I knew anything, and I may not even be right. This is all allegedly, ladies, Remember that this is It's just that I'm sitting here and I'm looking at how things are being dismantled, even including with this new ministration coming in and blocking all these rights for transgender people. My people blocking all of these rights for transgender people. And I'm gonna go back to again when I see it. We've been used as a trans woman. I've been using women's bathroom for forty years. Sometimes they make up, sometimes out nobody said nothing, Yeah, somebody. We've been doing drag shows in front the kids at the brunches for twenty years. It was it was a lot of people talking about it, but it wasn't that big a deal. But when the trans athletes, when they trans they're going to get in sports, they made it a big deal. They canceling everything. Sports dominates a lot in this country because it brings billions and billions of dollars to this country. So y'all have to remember that sports out waylike sometimes and that's all allegedly, but you better pay attention to what it is. Because that fire was severe and so crazy and so many people are displaced.
Speaker 4: It's still that was people.
Speaker 3: The animals here they only have like twenty seven cent contained. But we think about you know, you lost your house, you lost your treasures, you lost your memories, but you don't think about the animals.
Speaker 4: And up and there they had. Those people had horses.
Speaker 3: They had sheep, They had dogs and cats so plenty, and they when they watch it on the news here, they're just showing them shipping off dogs and cats to shelters all over the.
Speaker 4: Count We have.
Speaker 3: I'm hereby and you and I are both very much pet lovers. If I had the resources, I probably would get all of them, the dogs.
Speaker 2: I'd be a crazy dog person myself. If I wasn't living with my mother. My mother complains about my dog's hair, never mind other dogs. But they and they look so broken when they show the pictures. They're so sad because they're without there they're you know, masters or people, mom, dad, whatever, they're with the people that they trust, and no, they're.
Speaker 4: Human, that's they're not with. They're human. You know where they're human. There are fur babies and we're they're humans.
Speaker 2: And then they just look like just terrified. So I don't know if I think those are going to be a lot of damage. Just like the kids that have been involved in it'll probably have a little PTSD. I think those poor animals are going to have a little a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of it, some of the stuff of Bobby with that story, you story because you and you and I both watched the news where the man came after five days and screaming for his dog and his dog came running and it was so heart warming. You guys got a google it. I don't know who was screaming him on the.
Speaker 2: Dog a mess like and the end the dogs like, son of a bitch, you left me, look at me because he was like one of those little poopy dogs. Oh my god, a.
Speaker 3: Baby will if you, if you were in a bad place, or if you're a little discouraging you, please google that and just look at it. It will warm your heart and put a smile on your face. It was so beautiful. That dog was so happy to see his owner, and the owner was so happy to see his dog.
Speaker 2: The guilt to go without it, I can imagine, like if I ever left mine behind, you had to leave it behind. I just kind of imagine that the guilt that he must have had so to see that the dog was okay. Oh, it was just his relief. He sounded like the dog. He was like baying or wailing or something. I don't know what he was doing, but my god, and he had me crying. I was on the ground. Any of that stuff. Whenever I'm watching it, I'm sob And I saw a jay leno feeding the firefighters to give him a hot meal. He said, they have plenty of like box lunches, but I want to he goes. I took twenty one thousand dollars, can you imagine, and bought some ribs and some hot food, and then went out with his grill and had a little bit of help and was serving the people, and I thought, that's terrific. You see Snoop Dogg is doing the same. Jimmy Kimmel's doing the same. Bethany Frank will always.
Speaker 3: Can we just say, can we just say hats off to all of not only the American firefighters, we have had help come in from Mexico from prison.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from the prisoners. Thank you all, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm not even affected by the fire for Dan, but thank you all so much for just stepping in and stepping up and trying to help people. Because some of the stories. Some of those people had been in their homes fifty sixty years.
Speaker 4: And do you know every.
Speaker 3: Little every little hole in the wall, every little nail, every little nook and cranny, you know.
Speaker 4: My son measurement. Yeah, the height, it's so y'all, y'all really don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just it's terrible to think that this was deliberately done. It's even more horrific. But stay strong, be encouraged. And Bobby, he was about to sell us something else.
Speaker 2: It was all about the fire. It was one was the community. Something that I'm not liking seeing is everybody that wants to have baths and Newsom's head on a platter, you know, and especially from the new administration, which I'm disappointed if Trump wants to go down as being, you know, a great president. They're always unifiers and picking when a city or a person is stuck in a crisis, you always try to get them to the crisis first. So I think it's way too early. We'll see. Yes, seventeen million was cut out of the budget last year for the firefighters. It was funny, I heard Dennis Leary. It was from Boston. He's from the Woosta area and his family is surrounded by fireman. He lost a cousin and a childhood friend back like twenty five years ago. He started a foundation and he helps fund and uh for firefighting equipment and training and blah blah blah blah. And he said, you know, it's funny. It's easy to cut for the firefighters because you know, he said, teachers, they'll go on strike, the other people that are within the town, they'll go on strike, But the firefighters won't. They'll stay and even if they're not getting the money, they'll stay and they'll save the people. So they're always the first people that that that we actually cut from. He goes in strangely enough, and I didn't know this, so he was on the view he was talking about it, and I said, that's interesting. The mechanics were one of the first to be laid off out of that that that budget cut. He said, And what happens when your mechanics are laid off? All of your equipment that you need up and running, especially the old stuff because you can't afford new staff. It's just sitting in their yards. So people complaining there weren't enough, No, there wasn't enough equipment, not men, equipment, So maybe you know, people need to people need to look at that.
Speaker 4: Well. First of all, Bobby, thank you for bringing that up.
Speaker 3: I absolutely adore Careen, Mayor Mayor Karen Bass and Governor Gavin news of the state of California and the City of Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: And they were doing as they were told.
Speaker 3: Y'all, y'all keep thinking that it's they are They are in a position, but they are not the powers their rule and make the decase. Y'all need to know that everybody has a boss. Everybody is doing what they're told to keep their job.
Speaker 2: The people they want the money, they want a bunch of cut. Where do you cut it from and that's what happened. What's happening just now on on? You know, I love me some Cuomo. I can't think of the name. It's the million dollar listings that are out there. He's like, like of some sort of Armenian dissent or something. Anybody. He was on and he said something I never thought I would see. He said, it's price gouging. He said, I have almost won't stop, he said, ringing just for rentals, because everybody has to start. He goes, They're on enough build I have no where to put, he says, And even though so Cuomo brought up that you can't go above ten percent. It's the law, he said, who's going to enforce it? He said, that is the way it's going.
Speaker 3: Oh well, they're here down here now trying to enforce the love of Bobby. Hear me when I tell you that a fourteen hundred dollars one bedroom now not even in the best.
Speaker 4: Neighborhood, are up to five and six.
Speaker 2: Thousands, he said, I'm talking about crazy the hood for some people. He goes, you know, I have kind of I'm trying to think of the way he worded it like he has a bougie client towel. He says, an I can't even place them there. He goes in one bedroom and they're used to like four bedrooms, but they need to lay their kids' bodies somewhere, you know, if they're.
Speaker 4: All on one floor.
Speaker 2: He goes, they need some sort of normalcy. You can't stay in a hotel and the expense of the hotel, you know. President Biden came out because the female law, this is what it is. He immediately released the seven hundred and seventy dollars that everybody gets because you're only supposed to be out, like, you know, a day or two, so we want you to have the pampers and the medication. It's not him, it's the government. So he released that. But that's not he said, the hotel sockouging. You know, so those those prices, you're not even going to get your panthers and your medication and a hotel room with that like you're supposed to.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: It is unbelievable and barbaric that they are treating people like that. These people are in dire straits, right, and nobody knows nobody else's finances because it can look good on the outside.
Speaker 4: But on the other side.
Speaker 3: People could be broke, like you could be what's the word cast poor, house rich and cash poor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah. And if you're somebody Sometimes these younger kids, I know I would have when I was younger, you overextend yourself a little bit because you're like, it's going to get better. I'm going to get a better job, and yet it might not have you know who, people aren't aren't even thinking about. There were multiple senior assistant living homes. Where are these people going? You know, people who have to be unlocked on locked floors so they're kept safe, seniors or seniors that don't have family that can take them in, So that that's how they wound up. And they had to all be escorted out and there were eight hundred from one building I was watching. I didn't hear the building, unfortunately, but I thought, my god, nobody's gonna want to take these because their work. You know, we're all easy.
Speaker 3: Easy, And I hate the way that they're trying to push this on the homeless. They were at one point in time saying that the homeless set on fire, and I said, why would they set their house on fire?
Speaker 4: And when I said that, I didn't mean that as a joke. I meant it as the truth.
Speaker 3: If they're homeless and they're living outside already, you have to understand that the better.
Speaker 4: You live, the better the homeless live.
Speaker 3: Because they're living behind your nice garage or they're living in your alley and they're eating out your good garbage cans. So why would they jeppard ash what they have going on? They didn't do that, I don't know who did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by mistake, that's all I could think of that they mean when they say that, I.
Speaker 3: Have no belief that that was fire was set by mistake. I truly believe. This is me. I laugh alone, This is me. I believe that fire was intentionally set for a purpose and a reason. Shoot, we will find out.
Speaker 4: So well, we know.
Speaker 2: About one right, So one of them is of course, he has to be from Mexico and had to be here illegally, a one man. Meanwhile, Sierra Love late thirty.
Speaker 4: Three years old. Yeah, I saw it.
Speaker 2: I don't know which one he's set though, because there were seven different fires, so I don't know which one he supposedly he supposedly set, or if he was doing it to actually burn whatever this somebody said something about him burning a Christmas tree. Did he think he was burning something for warmth or whatever, or did he actually was he? You know, was he up to You know, it'll be gotten again.
Speaker 4: Somebody, somebody had to be the escapegoat. Let me just say that I wish he.
Speaker 2: Wasn't from outside the country though, I gotta tell you that. You know, it's another thing they'll blame on Joe, to blame and everything on him.
Speaker 4: So well, we were about to get to Joe in a minute.
Speaker 3: But what we want to give you from laugh Alarne, from iHeart and from the Black Effect Network, from us to you is prayers. We pray for peace, solids. We hope you somewhere warm, and we hope that you are with your loved ones and your family.
Speaker 4: Tell all the people who have misplaced their pets or I feel free.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you right now, I got four over here, and if when one was gone, I'd be a sick punk.
Speaker 2: I kind of I was. I was telling you when we were just offline talking the other day. There's some of the the the pictures that they're showing here on TV that we're watching. Uh, there's a couple of them with fire they look like firemen. They don't look like women, but they're they've got the hose and they're battling the fire and like a dog came up because he's terrified. He's a human and they're they're looking for solace, and he's trying to pat the dog and he's trying to you know, and keep the dog near him so he could take them out of that situation when he when he's done doing whatever. And oh my god, I was crying with that. I'm like a big baby.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Well, prayers to everybody is affected by the elis. Let's move on to something real, happy, upbeating positive. Let's talk about our president. I lovable president who did his one the most speech last night, but.
Speaker 2: I missed him already. He's being eaten alive. I thought it was it was typical quintessential Joe Biden. It was positive, he believes in America. He did warn us about several things. You know, he was unchecked power, the tech industrial complex. It was very eyesenhowerish, you know, when he was giving warnings. During his speech, he would pointed out the dangers of social media, not fact checking. I think the line he uses the truth is smothered by lies, told by told for power or and for profit, And I thought, isn't isn't that the truth? He spoke of oligarchy and of course all the GOP people, Well he didn't mention names, so who could he be talking about. And I'm like, I think he's talking about the president, and the president's the president that didn't get elected, and maybe Jeff Bezos whether he was. He didn't mention names, so he doesn't even necessarily mean those three. But it shouldn't be the wealth and the power of the few ruling ruling all. And he kind of signed off with, you know, he thought the democracy was strong and it's sort of up to us, and it's it's now it's on our watch. You know, we have to he's turning it over to us.
Speaker 3: So with with what you just said, if it's on our watch, we better watch out. That's the title of the show. If it's on our watch, we better watch out.
Speaker 4: Write that down it is.
Speaker 3: I listened to him. I thought he was pretty clear. Bideness, you have to remember that Joe Biden is a season a season million, yes, and he's a little rickety. But I love the messages that he was putting out. I do like love what you say about it. He still loves his country. He has chosen to fifty years of public service and he chose his country over his private being rich or whatever. And we don't know, we don't know what's gonna come out, but they're gonna leave such a bad thing. I don't think that Joe Biden is going to ever get the credit for being a good president until what long after he did?
Speaker 2: You just said it, so I think. So he's going out at thirty percent approval rating, which is horrible. Trump went out at thirty four percent, but now he's at fifty percent. So let it take a couple of years. Joe is he's more than a little rickety, he's a lot. This thing in seventy eight to eighty two it did a number on him. But I think he is going to get a whole lot of look credit because he had the infrastructure bill, he brought manufacturing back to the country. He had so many pluses, and he didn't talk about them too much. He didn't do a whole lot of bragging. He did a few he mentioned a few things, but he didn't talk about we were in dire straits with our economy leaving COVID, and we may be feeling it still with inflation. We certainly felt it because of COVID, which somehow he got the blame for the inflation. But we had the best economy in the world, better than the people we borrow the money from. We're doing best our Finally, our incomes are coming up a little bit. They've come up four thousand dollars and the price of things they're going down and they're leveling off. And that was bydnomics. Whether people want to laugh about it, but economists are going to tell us. We'll be watching the History Channel on channel PBS flame in ten years and they're just like going the History Channel, and you know how they talk about everybody. They'll be talking saying, Jesus, he did a good job.
Speaker 3: I want to Bien well over here.
Speaker 4: I just prayed it by has spends time with.
Speaker 3: His wife and his kids, and his grain kids and his great grand kids that he has and just just lives out the rest of his life in peace.
Speaker 2: I hope so too. He had his favorite people in the room while he was speaking. You know, he had Jill was there, Hunter, was there, a VP Harris and her husband were there and some key people in the We're in the Oval office as he was speaking, so they could kind of all seal it out together. So yeah, it's it's yeah.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 2: His line was that he believes in America and now it's our turn to stand guard. I kind of liked that.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I want to say this, thank you President Joe Biden for all your service over all these years. Thank you for being the president that you were. I know you couldn't get through everything passed because you was pushing a rock upper hill. Yeah, but now the rock is so heavy right now, we got to when you move, we gotta all catch that rocket. Good guy it we can all get on one page. We could catch the rock. But the hardest part going to be trying to get America United to get on one page, because it's not gonna happen no time soon.
Speaker 2: I'll be interested to see if he will be involved in the Democratic Party, if they'll like have him, have him, like you know, Bush kind of stayed out and did his painting and all of that. President Obama has done many things very pro American, but not necessarily pushing anything until until Trump got stronger. Like he looked like he was really going to be the candidate, although he did so. So I think what we need to give Joe is some grace. And I think what we saw at Jimmy Carter's funeral last week was President Biden being the class act that he is giving giving President Trump some grace. And I think that's I mean, we're gonna have to see you. I loved that. So the next thing we can talk about, because it kind of goes into this, is I liked how President Biden he worked. He's been working mercilessly as we know on the Gaza hostage deal. And he brought Wickoff I think is his name. He is Trump's Middle East person. He had. He brought him into the room over the past week to have him involved in the negotiations for the hostage deal, which we heard just before we started to tape that the Israeli cabinet is ready to vote on finally, so it looks like it's going to go through and it's going to happen. You know what he said, we were one, We were a united America the way it's supposed to be. You know, we worked together. You know, it was important for us to bring him in because he's going to have to do the phase two in the phase three, and I thought wonderful he worked so hard. And did Trump have some sort of influence maybe you know, I don't know, but Geez didn't have to jump on it. It's all him, not that Joe's been since October of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: What I like about like you said about the class president, the classy president, Joe Bike, when you're doing a good job, you ain't got the tucher off. Unfortunately, the media here is so intimidated by the incoming administration, the incoming president, that they only try to put positive on him, but they try to just discard President Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: And when it's Joe Biden who's doing all the good.
Speaker 3: Stuff, it's a Bobby. We're in for a Wayne dang doodle. So let's please be ready, yut we are.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna be happy. It's so I mean, people obviously they're not happy with the deal for Gaza. We couldn't get anything going right. So they're gonna be thirty three or thirty four people we had seven. Of course, some of them are not going to be alive. They're not guarantee all these people are going to be alive, but they're going to return bodies and whatnot. I can't even imagine the condition that they're in. But we have three. Now they're not just Americans. There are Israeli Americans. They were either born here or and then moved over there or whatnot. But all three are going to be returned. One of them is he's in the military over there, So they're definitely not gonna return somebody that's in the that's in the military. He's gonna be probably the last man out. And I hope he you know, they get him all alive. But they're not. They're not pleased about that. I think it's a first, you know, a first good move. I mean, is it perfect? None of those deals are ever perfect.
Speaker 3: Well is that the is this the the Hamas Israel ceasefire?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, they so people are they want all the hostages out. Well, they're not gonna They're not gonna give up. They're just not. It's not gonna work there. They haven't given us a thing. I mean, as scary as it is, I think that they had said somewhere I read eighteen thousand Hamas have been killed. Well, guess what they guess what number that they just got in new people that have come and come into the movement. Eighteen thousand, so as many have come in as we got rid of all this whole time that was we're supposed to be wiping them out. You know, they're like cockroaches. They just doubled and doubled and doubled and doubled. So you know, I don't know how successful we're ever going to be. To be quite honest, I hope that those poor Palestinians they can do something from them. I heard Matha Ratits was on the view she just gave because she's been over there and gave you know, kind of a quick recap, and she said, I don't know what they're returning to. She says, I was on a boat. You know, you can't even get in because there are no roads, there are no buildings or homes for them to return to. So ninety percent have been displaced. But to try to put them back, like, I don't even flame. I don't even know how you get rid of the rubble, serious, because that's all it is. It's nothing but rubble. I'm sort of thinking of I don't know if they're going to have to do something like Chicago right second City, where they build a city on top of the city because you can't get rid of the stuff.
Speaker 4: That's underneath it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then you have to go in there because can you imagine how many bodies up out there the horrific smell of that, and their bodies become toxic.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they're going to I mean, I really don't know how that's going to work. Flame. You know, they want their they want their land, that's where they want to be because of the religion. I don't know how it's all going to work, but I'm hoping. I know that's part of the ceasefire, Like, if that's all built into it, we're going to have to see what happens. But God bless those people too. I mean, they've lost everything, forty thousand of them.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that Joe Biden was able to get that to push through, and I know Trump is taking a credit for it, but Joe Biden has had that on the table since mating.
Speaker 2: What Trump said was he said they'll be hell to pay. That was his contribution. So if people take him seriously, and they seem to, but Biden was at the table. Biden was at the table, to his detriment, because people thought he was too concerned with Ukraine in his Israel and he lost sight of the issues that we had here in the country. And I don't think he did. I think we have horrible as Democrats, horrible messaging. We cannot get the words out right in the right way. You know, they what are they calling us their coastal elite or whatever is now what they say because you're either on the West coast or the East coast and were snobs. We were the working people. We were the union. He's been more pro union. He stood on he stood on the picket line. No president has ever done that. But to his detrimental it cost him the election. You know, I happened to like Joe Biden. I think he absolutely made some mistakes. He absolutely shouldn't have run. He should have turned it over. But I think when you start to get some sort of progress being made, I think you get the big head thinking, oh my god, I could get all of my stuff done in the next turn. You know, all of the things I want to do for the people, I could do it in full more years.
Speaker 3: You know, Bobby, honestly, I believe it didn't matter who would have ran, Trump was going to win. They had it to set up. He had set it up for the first time he was in office. They were power players. They were playing. The whole time they were playing, they were playing in our face.
Speaker 2: Oh that's all the craziness he talks about. It gets you destroy acted for what it what it is, I'm telling you, that's what I think your special still has to be. You said that name two years ago, and I still think it's it is. It is so on point for how America is distractions.
Speaker 4: He talks mess, he.
Speaker 2: Talks crazy mass, and then we're not looking at We're not looking at the tariffs he's going to put on. By the way, the two countries that came to our aid, you know, he's going to put tariffs on them. The the Canadians came down with those scoop planes. I am amazed by those things. I could sit and watch those things all day. The Mexicans came out, they're digging their way through the stuff. They came from Sudan. I saw a clip where they landed in Canada and they were singing their song and they were wearing all their African garb and oh my god, it was tapping my chin, and of course I was crying again because I'm like, they're even coming from Sudan, you know they're coming.
Speaker 3: The unfortunate part is that Americans do not give back. Americans take take take, and they speaking of take, take, taking, we're going to talk about.
Speaker 2: A commercial break is what we should do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's take a commercial break. Yeah, speaking of take, take, take, take, my community, the LGBT community, especially.
Speaker 4: The transmariton went so hard on me. And I told y'all when I was trying to when I was trying to warn us, Bobby, I was.
Speaker 3: Never trying to stop my community or heart hinder my community from blossoming and flourishing. But I saw the writings on the wall. I work in spaces where I hear everything. I may i'll be able to see that good, but I hear everything. So I knew how they perceived us, how they've seen us, how we were treated. But we were had so many amenities, Bobby, everything, and now we kept taking and taking and they kept pushing the narrative and now they just put so many blocks on so many things that they just signed the bill that trans athletes cannot compete in women's sports. And then day one he said he is going to stop all kind of gender re affirming care. He says, say it's gonna be for the youth, but I'm telling you all right now, it's gonna be for everybody. They want to kick the trans people out. The military people who have had twenty years in there, they want to kick them out. It is just a wish that I was wrong and that you know, that wouldn't have been an issue.
Speaker 4: But what they used everything that the trans community, the woke so called woke culture was pushing for the Republicans flipped and weaponized it and used it against that we're about to.
Speaker 2: Have is one of the what I didn't believe it when you said it till I heard everybody talking about it. I mean that Nancy mace is, she's she's South Carolina rap. She's been mean to the new to the new transgender uh rap that came through from Delaware, Delawareans.
Speaker 4: Sarah Sarah Sarah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But to be mean to somebody like it makes up no sense. So I think the reason people were upset with you is because they think should they should have everything, and they should have everything now you should have everything, You should everything be it's just as comfortable as me or anybody else that walks down the street. I agree with that, But as a seasoned person, forget about a trans person. I'm gonna take that out from you because it really doesn't make a difference. You know, in this particular, you know how long it takes to get a lot of stuff, We'll say a seasoned person of color. You know how long it took to get your rights as a person of color. Never mind, So you know, you can't force things on people. It has to be a slow and steady wins the race, right is that the expression? Yeah, and so you saw that. But because you spoke your truth, not that you thought it was true, you know the way it should be. You just thought, let it come, let it simmer, we'll get a little bit more. Now, the things that you've gained, you're not gonna You're not gonna gain anything else. Is how it looks to me. You're gonna go to about to lose what you did. Now for four years you've lost. And so now with the next administration, god willingness a change, you're still not gonna You're not going to gain anything you're lucky to get back what you had now, so you're going to be eight to twelve years you've lost. I don't know.
Speaker 3: All because we couldn't come to Summer Cord. Things happened so much easier organically. And they went after me and said I was to pick me queen, and you you you pandering for the straight people. I've been in this industry a long time and I watched people move and then I was like prime example. Last night we were at to show more Chess.
Speaker 4: That was there.
Speaker 3: I've been a fan of his for years. He didn't know who I was, but he watched how all the other people came and embraced me and interacted with me before he was comfortable enough to introduce himself to me. Oh so, and I saw him still gorgeous, but I didn't want he is, but I didn't want to make him uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: That is my superpower.
Speaker 3: I mean people comfortable because a lot of them just winning and it's, oh my god, I'm a fan of wool and here I am Trance. I don't know how he would have received me, but when he saw how all the other people gave me so much joy and respect because that's when they gave me respect of who I am and what I am.
Speaker 4: It made him comfortable.
Speaker 3: We wanted too much, too fast, instat gratification, that instagratication, but about the flip of us, and they're gonna instantly take everything back.
Speaker 2: So you just said it. So that's well, he's gonna be at Watson. Did you see that? He's going to be so I love Elementary. I'm sitting watching it for the hundredth time the series.
Speaker 4: I binge.
Speaker 2: I love to binge. Watch me some Elementary. I hope that comes on as a breakout again. But he's going to be the Watson character, not the Elementary, and that's something that's coming out I think this year. I saw a clip of it all of a sudden, it just hit me. When I saw his face, I'm like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for him, good for him. Nice, very he smelled.
Speaker 2: He's actually a very.
Speaker 3: Kind, very kind man. And everybody compare him with Charlemagne. I'm like, I don't see that part, but I get it, but I don't see it. Charlottne he gets sold to the breakfast club eyeballs, that's alf to olballs. Today they interviewed Wendy Williams. I thought it was a pretty decent interview. She seemed like she was in her right state of man. I did not get the chance to see the room with her and Don living. I was in and out of it, so I didn't pay attention to us. I can't speak on him, but I know you watched it. But she sounded very in her right man. On the breakfast club she is so she's definitely impaired. I don't know, she could be at the very beginning stages of whatever is going on with her, but she's definitely impaired. Don was very sweet with her. He was very kind. You know, they had become friendly. You'd have to listen to it. It doesn't take long.
Speaker 2: He did a very nice job, you know. He said, is she the Wendy of when I knew her? You know whatever?
Speaker 4: X years know?
Speaker 2: But do you think she has to mention like he clearly he was trying to get us think more of a positive way. But I'm surrounded about it. I have like three or four family members right now with it, and to me, she fit right in. She couldn't she could talk about what her issue is. So you talk about a few things from the past, but to conceptualize, like what conservatorship is, what it means? Why are you there? You know, like she she wasn't. She wasn't so great in the second interview with that stuff. You could tell she just couldn't. It's the figuring stuff you start to lose. Oh, I have to close the refrigerated door. You know, you're like you learn the because everything will melt. You kind of lose those those skills. So I saw somebody.
Speaker 3: I feel sorry for Wendy a little bit because and I'm a fan of Wendy's. I did, But let me tell you something. Windy was the mess, now Hoday, Wendy was.
Speaker 4: I forget that.
Speaker 3: Wendy was another lot stand though, and I loved me so Whindney Houston and Wendy Williams went after Whitney Houston with everything she had.
Speaker 4: I wonder why, and I don't know.
Speaker 3: But whatever Whitney Whitney Houston was or was not, whenever you saw her on the interview, God makes you rest in peace. She always acknowledged God. She always acknowledged the name of Jesus. She knew who her Lord and baby was. How exactly so? But whether whatever she was at when if they say she was, you know, incapacitated, or she was inebriated or high what, it didn't matter because she always acknowledged God. I bet you when Whitney Houston died and got the heaven, she tapped God on the shoulder say look at your player.
Speaker 4: That one right there would give me a hard time because.
Speaker 3: It seems like to me, ever since Whitney Houston been dead, Whendy william has, Whendy Williams has caught hell, Bobby I.
Speaker 4: May have went caught.
Speaker 3: Her house and cars has crumbled, and when they have, allegedly they have one of her conservatives, conservatives allegedly sold thirty million dollars from her. So people are stealing money from her allegedly and everything. It's terrific.
Speaker 2: I don't want that. That makes me. I don't like dementia to anybody. I think it's a huge, hu miliating way to go out, especially so my aunt had Alzheimer's and she was a nun and she was a teacher when she got out of the convent and just a proud woman. And to see her just frightened and scared, not knowing where she was, And it's a horrible horrible disease.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I would wish it on someone I hated. Never mind, So anyway, that stuff so Weddy. Sorry Wendy. Yeah, but pray prayers for Wendy. I hope she I hope she's on the media. I hope she gets someplace where she's happy, not and safe.
Speaker 3: I don't know who's taking care of her, but the way she laid it out, it sounds very scary. And you and Aaron, our producer, was having a conversation before. This is why you had to tell up all your Lucian's while you got your right man, because when you ain't got your right man, they're gonna run over you.
Speaker 2: I did for when my aunt passed. I started like putting things into place, and I'm talking to you know, family members, and they're like, oh, I haven't done it yet. I'm like, you know, we're over thirty five. Anything could happen, even I under thirty five. You go walk in front of a bus. It is a pain in the neck when you're a caretaker, like I handled my aunt's stuff, and if it's if I didn't have the ability to do that, and then you got to go to court and try to yeah. Please, It's much easier if you're if your your ducks are in a row.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so say so, say it? Yea. What was the answer we're talking about, Bobby?
Speaker 2: I think that was it.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: Oh, ladies and gentlemen, we want to thank you guys for joining us here at Leave Alert Episode number three two. I am going on tour with Tiffany hat Its Just starts on February the twentieth. Please go to Tiffanyhattish dot com to see her tour schedule. I'm hoping to go ahead and take this one hourur But guess what outside that we are here Left Alert. I have taken that pretty much social media break from coffee.
Speaker 4: Time the album need to I get it.
Speaker 3: I'm tired. I'm tired of it. The politics is like a done deal now. I'm sure it'd get interesting to me maybe next week at the Trump is swiney.
Speaker 2: His inauguration speech. I can't even imagine.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: The one thing that we do want to remind everybody is legitimately, as of Friday, President Trump is a convicted felon, A thirty four convicted felon. He in his hush manny case, he got it unconditional discharge, which just means that he has no fines, like there's no penalty, but he still gets the he still gets the sentencing of being being a felon. There are many countries, I think Great Burton's one of them. You can't go if you're if you're a felon. So it's gonna it's going to become interesting. We'll have tons to talk about.
Speaker 3: Well, let's say this that Trump breaks rules all the time, So let's see what kind of rules he's going to break with that because he breaks rules.
Speaker 2: All yeah, but here he does a break rules. I'd love to see him try to get in to, you know, to another kind of Well, we'll say, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: We will see and guess what. We will keep you informed right here at Laugh and Learn.
Speaker 3: Remember if you have questions or topics or anything that you want discussed here at Laugh Alarn, you can go to the Laugh and Learn podcast page on Instagram, where you can also follow Bobby Clifford on Instagram at Clifford Bobby, and on Facebook at Bobby Clifford and I am Flame Munroe on all social media platforms, TikTok and slammer World one two five, which might be.
Speaker 4: Going away because we'll have to see it. Was talking about the TikTok.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to be. It was supposed to come to be, but Biden said that his administration said they're not holding it up. Trump can do that. That's on Trump's watch. He was the one that wanted it stopped in the beginning, although now he's changed his tune and wants to put it back. So we'll see. I believe that President Trump will give them some sort of some sort of extension. You know, it's not great. Sure, we're going to have Carrie Underwood. It's going to be performing. Johnson actually voted for the flags, ordered them to be full staff for the day. And the person we won't see will be Michelle Obama, God bless her.
Speaker 3: So it'll be interesting Michelle Obama. And it's most of the other ones that's not going coming out now, supposed to be George Bush, even President Barack Obama is not now it's not supposed to be attending. So Clinton, we'll say we look, we'll see on next Monday. Yeah, when he has this massive, this massive audience, I.
Speaker 2: Hope they paying the crime.
Speaker 4: But his people will crazy like my being room.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully his people have money because the economy is bad and everybody can't travel and they price galles and those hotel.
Speaker 4: Rooms too in d C. Yeah, so it's just crazy expensive to go there.
Speaker 3: But uh, whatever is going to happen in this country here or that, Clifford and myself, we will be here. Hopefully you guys will share with us and we can share with you. And here learned. Our bottle has not changed and will not change. Here a laughing along. We are not trying to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your man because why.
Speaker 2: Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 3: And good God, we're about to waste four years of man, so good Jesus, just hold on to you, put your big girl panties on and believe it. And look, we gotta thrive, we gotta push forward. Thank you for joining us. We will see you all next week. Be safe.
Speaker 4: H ooh bye bye.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, al Right, Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learned Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio our ejective producer is Tippity Hattish.
Speaker 4: Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys. This is claiming road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn