Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Doug Krisner introducing you to the new Stockmovers podcast from Bloomberg. The show brings you short episodes five minutes or less, covering the stocks making gains and losses in today's trading. Subscribe to The Stock Movers on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcast. Now. Here's a sample of the latest episode from our team at Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 3: The Stock Movers podcast your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move this week. Here in the studio with us is Bloomberg News Aquities reporter Alexandra Semenova. Hey, I think we can transition right to another airline at the top of air list.
Speaker 4: Alex Yeah, I'm taking a look at American Airlines today with the Drewidz full Yer earnings outlook, A lot of companies have been doing that. It's also joining some of its peers in doing that. We saw that from Delta Airlines, the owner of Frontier. Obviously, as there's so much uncertainty about the outlook for consumers, there's seems to be a pull back in travel demand obviously as tariffs wound the economic outlook.
Speaker 5: What's interesting though, is Americans up we've had bad news on the airlines over the last month or so, and saying a lot of it's maybe priced in already and that people are traveling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you have anything booked for the summer, Alex, but post pandemic people are just waiting longer and longer to book their flights. I don't know what that has to do with I think also it.
Speaker 5: Has to do it gay more like right, like if you well.
Speaker 2: More, if you get closer to the date. But I think the flexibility now is helpful, Like you can there's so many tickets you can buy where it's just like, oh you can change that for no fee. That was new during the pandemic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is and that's their And.
Speaker 4: I think also after the pandemic there's just this hunch to try and book trips as often as possible that it's just not going away. I don't know about you guys, but definitely take.
Speaker 5: Me somewhere exactly what else you got for us?
Speaker 4: So I'm also looking at comcasts. They reported a pretty big loss in customers. They lost one hundred and ninety nine thousand domestic broadband customers and four hundred and twenty seven thousand PAYTB customers in the fourth quarter first quarter. Rather, those losses were both more than Wall Street US expected. Pretty bad earnings right out here. The company's earnings actually rose to one point nine to share that beat estimates, and their revenue fell slightly to twenty nine point nine billion dollars. But it was really again that customer metric that everyone was watching, and shares are falling today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind of Stuck's done about eleven percent also year to date. IBM, it's a name that we were breaking down the earnings after the close yesterday.
Speaker 2: I was having a good year up until yesterday's report, basically exactly.
Speaker 4: It just basically the takeaway from this report was that it wasn't good enough for investors. It wasn't necessarily bad, It's just that the bar is so high for this company. So the stock actually fell the most in a year today, suggesting economic uncertainty. Expectations that the cut and costs to government spending might affect the business of First quarter sales increased almost one percent of fourteen point five billion dollars and profit was one sixty ashore. Again, the numbers aren't bad, just clearly disappointing investors. Not enough assurance that the business will be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we spoke to Brent dell over at Jeffrey's yesterday who said that Arvin Krishnan is doing a great job of transitioning this company away from hardware, actually away from consulting, which it's been known for for years, and really focusing on moving to the AI and services and that's just.
Speaker 5: Much more I think profitable. Yeah, certainly for the company.
Speaker 2: Right, there's a lot of competition.
Speaker 4: Yeah, competition and also the CEO today saying in the near term, uncertainty may cause clients to pause. That keyword uncertainty has been just coming across We just allowed.
Speaker 5: Is anybody allowed to use the bird uncertainty at this point?
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody's using the words.
Speaker 4: It's keyword in the dictionary.
Speaker 5: It does seem like the only word in the dictionary.
Speaker 1: Certainly.
Speaker 5: I know we've been tracking like how many times, like CEOs are saying it on Earning's color. I think we did last time around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're keeping eye on that.
Speaker 3: The Stockmovers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.