Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and Camridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas and a Pod with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi America, Jane. This is fun. This is my second, my second show with you.
Speaker 2: And the feedback that we had at after the first show was huge.
Speaker 3: I wonder why, well, I.
Speaker 2: Think one because we have a good connection and a true friendship and also this is something you haven't really done before, but you're excellent at. Like one of the things I appreciate about your our friendship is that, like you will dig into shit with me.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I will, Like I want to know why?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I'm just to go off kilter here. I went deep down the Army Hammer rabbit hole recently again now that he's back, because did you see that all of his comments are positive on his recent post?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't, but you know what I did see was a post I think on TikTok where he was selling his truck.
Speaker 2: Selling his truck, everybody realized it was his birthday, every like. And then I went through the comments and all of the comments were good, and I was like, is this the time that I should slide into his DMS, and then I remembered something.
Speaker 3: Oh God, don't you out me right here?
Speaker 2: Can I out you a little bit? Wasn't he your neighbor?
Speaker 3: He was my neighbor. He I moved in. It's so funny because Los Angeles you wouldn't think of it this way. But it's kind of a small town. He was my neighbor for a few months.
Speaker 2: And did he ever want to eat a rib?
Speaker 3: No? He didn't, but he was very he listened. He had a lot of people over. He was very social. And how we started like messaging back and forth, was I asked him to be quiet.
Speaker 2: He just was Was this on a DM or was this.
Speaker 3: On your neighbor? Are you gonna be quiet? Or invite me over? Because he kept out like parties.
Speaker 2: Oh hold on, did you say or invite me over?
Speaker 3: Yes? I think I did. I can't after it, you know, I was real bold, and and he said, I'm so very sorry. I apologize.
Speaker 2: You know, they didn't invite you over.
Speaker 3: No, he said, may I come over? I'll make you a stake? And I said sure, And then he got COVID and then his life blew up. My life was burning down at the same fucking time these two Like I literally lived over a pink picket fence with this man. It is the color pink, and I could see him, and he could see into where I live, like we literally like small township and he left town and I stay, well, I.
Speaker 2: Have I do have a question when it comes to it was very kind.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, and I will say this, like the first time I went to see the house where I live now, these two girls were fighting over this guy in the front yard. I had no idea who Armie Hammer was. My friends Mikey and Laya were like, is that Armie Hammer? And why are those girls fighting? These chicks love this man.
Speaker 2: So and also I have learned something through going through and I realized we're supposed to be talking about Orange County, but this just goes to show the stuff that we talk about. But he what I have learned is you're not supposed to kink.
Speaker 3: Shame No, is that a kink? So, but here's what I'm curious about. He was accused of like sa right or somewhere along that line. We're shredding into shit where people are going to be.
Speaker 2: Like, you said the wrong thing and of course we are, and that's why I'm talking about it. But my point is, if all right, what I learned throughout this entire thing is that if you decide that you're going to go down that route, the rule is as long as both people are consenting adults, consenting adults and not under the influence of a certain amount of alcohol or anything else or anything else, then that's where it's still okay. You can make the decision.
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of people do make that decision, and a lot of people do have kinks. And I think that again, if you're a healthy adult of free you will that's okay, and you should not king shame, I guess.
Speaker 2: And I do think. I'm just saying, Army Hammer, I think you're gonna have a comeback. I really do. I mean it's.
Speaker 3: Possible for him to. It's very possible for him to have a comeback. I mean he's hot, he's beautiful. I mean he's like six foot four or six foot five, like he's he's.
Speaker 2: And that was pickup truck's gone, so like who knows what he's driving?
Speaker 3: Who cares? I love?
Speaker 2: My favorite thing is are you I know.
Speaker 3: You remember where I live? You never made me dinner.
Speaker 2: I was joking actually with Kyle the other day because we were just laughing about like dming people, and I said, do you think I should just slide into Army Hammer's DMS and be like sorry about your truck?
Speaker 3: You should be like respond the next neighbor, are you all right?
Speaker 2: But either way, it always goes back to Real Housewives, Orange County headlines. Let's do it, okay, So we get a lot this episode where we are seeing history of people with the way they grew up, the way they're raising their children, They're all of it. Which I think if if you're comfortable at some point, we will talk a little bit about you and your son. Are you good with us?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Obviously I'll stop you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not. So it starts because there's been multiple news reports through in Touch Weekly and other places where Katie was accused of cheating on her former husband after they both called the police on each other in twenty fifteen, the Cobb County Police in Georgia.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what, you know, you can't make this up. Cobb County. I can see it right now. I mean I used to live there.
Speaker 2: Listen, you can get fried okra at that seven eleven.
Speaker 3: It's great boiled peniss soiled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's not. But the Cobb County Police in Georgia responded to a call and at Katie and then husband Andrew's home. The report had noted that the officers met with Andrew and Katie, who both called nine to one on after having a dispute. Andrew told police they were arguing about Katie cheating on him and another man. He suspected that Katie was cheating for months after reading text messages between Katie and the new man. You know, who knows what's really happening here, but, the report said. After getting the cell phone call from his wife, Andrew said Katie began slapping him on top of the head in an attempt to get her phone back.
Speaker 3: I can't do that, can't take the phone and can't hit that.
Speaker 2: You know you also can't spit.
Speaker 3: I do know that my son's a cop. I do know that.
Speaker 2: I wasn't aware that you not spit on anyone.
Speaker 3: You can do not bite.
Speaker 2: Spit is a felony, yes, yes, So like you think that, like maybe you're going to be above it, and you're like, no, don't do that. No, Like the hawk two girl that.
Speaker 3: She's spitting on a dick. We're talking about spitting, also talking about completely different spitting. I do some spitting like that myself, like to go.
Speaker 2: But do you want to hate yourself for a second. She has more followers than us.
Speaker 3: That's okay, good for her.
Speaker 2: You know, however, are you taking us down?
Speaker 3: Listen to that, young lady. God bless you keep going. I swear to God, God bless you keep going.
Speaker 2: But then I also wonder how much live you need to have to really get that. I need to work on it.
Speaker 3: We need to get your.
Speaker 2: Source, Liva. But anyways, then after getting the cell phone from his wife, Andrew said, Katie, yeah, she slapped him. But then one of the officers spoke to the couples then eleven year old child who told them he saw Katie hitting his dad while arguing over the phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there you go. So doesn't that child live with the dad?
Speaker 2: Well that's where I started to get a little bit confused, because what we're watching on this season appears to be that the dad. Listen, do I think most phone call?
Speaker 3: Oh he'll no. Oh, but it is a good person. Friend, Jared Blindy, you know from two brace cosmetics and polite society.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, so sorry.
Speaker 3: That's such an amateur move, and I owe him a phone call. I'm sorry, Jared.
Speaker 2: Okay, the fact that you actually ever have your phone on to ring, it's confusing to me.
Speaker 3: Its just not a lot of people call. Yeah, true that a lot of people have this number. So there you go.
Speaker 2: Can I say what your name is on?
Speaker 3: Go right ahead.
Speaker 2: So whenever you text, Erica says the baddest bitch alive, that's.
Speaker 3: No baddest bitch on the planet, but bitch, So my Apple ID is baddest bitch on the planet. So when I'll tell you just a quick story. When Tom and I lived in the very stuffy, you know, old school neighborhood, the HOA, the email used to go to baddest bitch on the planet. It's so imagine these eighty seventy year old people like so stuck up and then it's the baddest bitch on the planet.
Speaker 2: It's but you realized that I didn't even get that for the first couple of years that we were friends, and then I don't know, like maybe.
Speaker 3: We wasn't an update that it started.
Speaker 2: Oh, because then it started telling me, and I was like, are you and my phone is baddest bitch in the planet. Yeah, you do that when we're in like a sprinter van.
Speaker 3: And You're like, I'm not baddest bitch on the planet for god over decades.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what I said.
Speaker 3: I need to some self esteem over here.
Speaker 2: But then just a touch, but then more details on Katie's divorce. The agreement said Andrew would have primary legal and physical custody of the children and the final say when it came to major decisions. Katie was awarded visitations with her children. The court ordered Katie to pay Andrew one two and twenty two a month comfooged, and then in April twenty eighteen, two years after the settlement, Katie filed a petition to modify custody, parenting time, and child support. She claimed Andrew had been subjecting their children to emotional abuse, including telling the male children that they are bastards and idiots, and Katie claimed her ex called their fourteen year old daughter a bitch, disgrace and embarrassment. Based on Katie's answer to the countersuit, Andrew accused Katie failing to pay. The court ordered child support, she said she had no ability to pay. In response to the claim, in March twenty nineteen, the parties entered a consent over custody and support. The exes agreed to terminate child support, and Katie was named custodial parent of Kylie and Andrew and was named the custodial parent to the boys. This is my question.
Speaker 3: All of this, by the way, is very sensitive. It's very hard to hear, you know, like for her. And this is what happens when you go into reality TV show here it is you know what.
Speaker 2: I mean, right, And we could break down my childhood, like when people are like, oh, you grew up with your dad, I'm like, I actually didn't. Like my parents got divorced when I was in the third grade, and I lived with my mom, who struggled in multitude of different ways, and she did the best that she could. And I saw my dad, you know, every other weekend for a while, and then I ended up seeing him not at all from a multitud years. He still calls it the best three years of his life when we didn't speak really like he thinks it's hilarious. He's like, those best three years of my life. When Teddy stopped talking to me.
Speaker 3: But I.
Speaker 2: You know where I get my yeah? Six, But like, where were you and because you were young when you got pregnant with your son?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was twenty when my son was born. I got married to my boyfriend and you know, we his you know, so funny. My first husband's name is Tom.
Speaker 2: What hold on? I didn't even know.
Speaker 3: That, Teddy, I told you this. My first husband's name is Tom. My second husband's name is Tom, and my son's name is Tom.
Speaker 2: What's your personal trainer's name?
Speaker 3: That's not important? Not Tom?
Speaker 2: But is it Tom?
Speaker 3: No, it's not. So I have been surrounded by Thomas's, you know, Thomas Vincent, Thomas, Francesco, Thomas Cage like these are you know? So yes? I was. Uh, my son, Thomas was born when I was twenty and I turned twenty one the next month.
Speaker 2: And then where when you realize like I can't even imagine.
Speaker 3: I mean no, I had no business being a parent, and I you know, I did the best I could with what I had, and thank god, you know, we're super close.
Speaker 2: And but how long did that take for those people that are out there that do get pregnant young and that do get married early and then realize like I'm actually not fully ready.
Speaker 3: Well I think that, Listen, you have to I had a lot of help. You know. My first husband had his mother who was feeling involved. So my son had his grandmother. On that side, there was my mother. My grandmother was alive at the time, so this child had many hands on him, and I was there too. What happens, I think is and I'm just going to speak for boys, because that's I have one boy. You know, they separate themselves from their mother. They want to be their own person. They're growing up. I remember one day when I went to visit my child for lunch because he had like open campus, and he goes, do me a favorite meet me on the corner. I was like, meet me on the corner? What the fuck are you talking to me? Like no, no, no, Like he had become that age where I don't want to be seeing with my mom. All of that to say, my son is thirty two. I see him three times a week, he's at my house. Everything is great. But boys are like that. They you know, they need to go have their own identity. And I also look at it the same way that I look at it. With my mom. I needed to get away from her in order to figure out who I was. I don't know. That's my story.
Speaker 2: But what do you think is the heart like for me even even with my kids that are you know here all the time, Like, what do you think the hardest part for you parenting somebody that you were no longer with.
Speaker 3: I think the hardest part was because I was we were together and back and forth for weeks at a time. The hardest part is like what am I missing? I always get the line of communication open, so if my son were to call me right now, like I would.
Speaker 2: Literally say, excuse me, I need.
Speaker 3: To take this call. And I always did that all his life. But that's what you don't know. What you don't know, and that's what you're missing out on is like miles, not necessarily milestones, but when they become teenagers and they start to come to the fork in the road where they can make good decisions or bad decisions, that's where you fuck up because you're not there to help. That's the problem. That's what my experience was. Yeah, Fortunately for me, I had a really great kid, so I got.
Speaker 2: Super lucky, and I mean it's still amazing. Guy, This to me is not the most amazing IF news, but I'm going to try to give golf collaps for this. Alexis Bellino and John Janssen are engaged after nine months of dating. People can confirm that the Real Housewives Orange County couple are engaged. Jansen sixty one popping the question on Tuesday, August twenty seventh during a getaway at the Sante Cito Ranch in Santa Barbara. I feel like we've filmed there, Alexis posted on her.
Speaker 3: No, we did not. I would remember. Isn't that a nice place? We did not film there? Girl, Well we filmed adjacent to there, and well it was adjacent, way adjacent. We did not film at the Sania Cidro ranch.
Speaker 2: Well, we biked by it and then pretended.
Speaker 3: Was not where we stay. Are you talking about that campground? By the way, where is that r V that we need to get in? That thing we need to do like a tour? My god, we were not at the Sanya Cidro ranch.
Speaker 2: I still believe those bitches did not know how to play beer pong.
Speaker 3: And then dere is a master, she's she pretended like she hustled all of us.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Dree, you're more wt than all of us, but you're pretending you're not.
Speaker 3: Well, she's not. She hustled every single person there. She's a killer on beer pong, she goes. She's also know all the keg stands like this chicken, She's great. You want to have a good time, invite Dree. She's a hell of a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just is a little bit sucked up. I think end of this world and what people want to see, But I'm like, what I actually want to see is that you just kicked my ass and beer ponds and she did, and you know how to do cornhole.
Speaker 3: She knows how to do everything. She knows how to do everything. And I think sometimes if people knew that side of her, like we knew her.
Speaker 2: That's that's why people would be like, why are you so mad at her? And I'd be like, but now, you guys are fine. I'm like, because I see.
Speaker 3: Because I know her, right, which is hard for people to understand that don't that don't do they connect?
Speaker 2: But Alexis posted on her Instagram.
Speaker 3: She's on cloud nine.
Speaker 2: She's just on cloud nine.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Why isn't it cloud ten? By the way, I don't know. Would that be the best cloud to be on?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I will say this though, Look, any relationship is hard. Put it in the public, put it on a reality TV show, put it surrounded by all of this, you know, controversy or criticism. Good luck, because that's gonna be hard, and if it fails, there's going to be a lot of people cheerleading.
Speaker 2: I just like these kinds of posts where you say something like every moment together has been a guest.
Speaker 3: I agree, I am so much to love.
Speaker 2: With you, too much, too beautiful life we're building together. And the answer is, I don't even know how many zeros that is. So I don't know what the number is, but like one billion, it probably do.
Speaker 3: I bet you. No, Look I don't, but I bet she does feel wonderful in all of that, and God bless you. But this shit changes, and it changes on a dime, and when it does, it sucks, you know. So that's why I'm much more reserved.
Speaker 2: But then she did hashtag, which we know how I feel about hashtags. Hashtag nine months strong, hashtag love of my life. Yeah, then she hashtag the post, adding a verse from Corinthians thirteen thirteen in the Bible of the Red. And now these three remain faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Speaker 3: Well, she's going to get a good old test that faith better be strong because marriage is a test and I'm looking at twenty three years and it ain't going so great. So if you want to fuck around and find out, call me. Well.
Speaker 2: Also, if you want to fuck around and find out. I can't imagine it's gonna be going great after this reunion.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, whish reunion there reunion? Yeah, No, it's gonna be horrible. It's gonna be horrible. I was like, I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, am I going with?
Speaker 3: You? Get nervous?
Speaker 2: Like where do we attend? Do we bye? New sweaters?
Speaker 3: No? This is not going to be easy, you know. No.
Speaker 2: Well, a rep for the pair of confirmed that the engagement news when reached by people, John and Alexis are happily engaged and look forward to their long future together as husband and wife.
Speaker 3: We wish them all the best.
Speaker 2: We do wish them all the best.
Speaker 3: But I also but I think that if I may just leave Shannon alone, you know, just like you guys, if y'all are happy, Go be happy, but don't don't don't smash this girl's face into it that much more, Like, we can't drag that out much longer. We like, Am I wrong? No?
Speaker 2: I want to just I'm trying to picture myself in a relationship with somebody that I'm not. I wasn't super close with on Beverly Hills. But like, okay, so let's say tomorrow I start dating Mike Nylon, which is garcels X. Yes, I like, I'm not super close with Garcel. It wouldn't have been something to hurt her. But like, I just start dating Mike Nylon and thrust myself into her every day occurrence.
Speaker 3: She would not be happy.
Speaker 2: Nobody would be happy. No, But then if I was really only people that.
Speaker 3: Are happy is the network and the producers, right, just break it down for you.
Speaker 2: But if I was really in love with Mike Nylon, which I know I wouldn't be because I worked with him for or so a CIA, did you really not interested? But girl?
Speaker 3: Tell me more, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: He was on Too New That's where you're just wanted to work because that's where all the talent agents were. So when I shucked Mail, I always wanted to be too. Now we start episode eight, Shannon purchased a new car after her d UI. She needs to install a breathalyzer in her car, which she thinks will be a good reminder. Do you think you could make that noise right now? The hum?
Speaker 3: Wait? No, the hum?
Speaker 2: But was not it?
Speaker 3: No? M hum hummm. I'm trying to make it into a no. No.
Speaker 2: I'm here to fucking tell you if though, if I was driving in five minutes in it's like blow again, I would feel nervous like I And at this point, I don't know if Shannon's been practicing just talking about it, but she was very likable during her entire Yeah, she did do UI installation.
Speaker 3: Taking it on the chin pretty good.
Speaker 2: Would you rather have a breathalyzer or lose your license for six months? I like driving, so I'd happily lose my life.
Speaker 3: I know you don't like driving them. Have you discussed your driving anxiety on this show? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, everybody knows. I mean I drive one day a week, it's Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: It goes.
Speaker 3: Where does that come from? Because here you you ride these amazing, incredibly hard to control horses that are thousands of pounds and you can't get behind the wheel. I have never understood that.
Speaker 2: For me, it's not it's not driving, it's parking in the unknown.
Speaker 3: What Yes, it's fucking parking in the unknown.
Speaker 2: So, like, I know I can drive to Hot eight Yoga. I know I can drive to Gelson's. If you were to, like tell me to drive to your place that I had never parked at before, Yeah, no.
Speaker 3: Way, because you don't know where to park.
Speaker 2: I don't know where to park and the idea of circling around gives me like raging, massive anxiety.
Speaker 3: Where does that come from?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's I think maybe because I grew up in Hiltonhead it was so small. Well, yeah, and then how.
Speaker 3: Do you live here? I mean, this is the whole thing, is driving. I mean Los Angeles is not the big driver anxiety.
Speaker 2: Well, I drove a lot, and you know, until I had kids and I did what I had to do, like I had to drive for work. And then truthfully, and I'm not blaming I'm not blaming the network, I'm not blaming anyone. But for those three and a half years, yeah, where you no longer have to drive? Yeah, then when you already have an anxiety about to get worse. It got worse.
Speaker 3: Oh shit.
Speaker 2: And then like Metti became a part of my life and he drove I mean, I didn't make out with him like sometton made out with her driver, but.
Speaker 3: Which is I still am blown away.
Speaker 2: By that, but either way, that's that's what created the issue. But then Katie and Jen go to yoga together, and all I could think is if I made Erica go to a yoga at my house.
Speaker 3: By the way, Billy Bush told me that you and Kyle go to hot yoga and me, yeah, we do right over here. Yeah, so you're welcome to come when out. Fine, it's in the morning. Yeah, it's like six or something. He's like, you should come with Teddy and Carl. When I it's six am, I was like ugh.
Speaker 2: But Billy's like definitely one of those that takes his shirt off and he's like ooh making noise during the yoga, and I'm like, I need you.
Speaker 3: To really yeah, so he's really into it. Yeah, but he's like, oh the breathing, oh god.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm like, Billy, Billy're gonna have to pull it together. But Katie texted Heather after a big bear, and then Heather didn't respond clearly. And then Katie shares that she and her first husband got married when she was twenty one with a fourteen month old baby, and her husband, Matt, is basically dad to her two oldest kids. Jen hopes her family will find a similar family balance with Katie. This is my issue. It's not that this story happened. It's that this Katie, like we just read it, this feels like a very different story than we just heard in the headline. So just give me it. Give me a half assed version of what the real story is. I don't need the full story.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that she's maybe just making it easier on the show than it really is.
Speaker 2: I think she's saying. I mean, she's putting pretty much putting blame all the blame on her AX.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of women.
Speaker 2: But like, I was married before. I have nothing negative to say about my AX.
Speaker 3: You have always said that, but you also have you didn't have children, right, you weren't married for very long.
Speaker 2: I never called the cops.
Speaker 3: Right, These are very different things. Yeah, you know to to I don't know this woman, but I mean, you know, look when you start fighting in a marriage, all kinds of shit happens, like really bad stuff.
Speaker 2: But I also have another question because she keeps talking about how much she has sex with Matt. I think that's his name.
Speaker 3: We don't need that, do we build? Twice a day?
Speaker 2: Twice a day? Are we thinking that that's really a thing for?
Speaker 3: I mean, is he on some really good testosterone?
Speaker 2: I mean, how old do? That's what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, because he's at that age where you would need some tea and some and not tea, but test and you would need some. Yeah, you would need.
Speaker 2: But also they've been married a pretty good amount of time. So we've got John Jansen and Alexis who are supposedly having sex.
Speaker 3: Four Apparently these men down in Orange County are really good lovers. So what am I doing?
Speaker 2: Should we move there?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, apparently, but apparently these men are well in doubt and sexually acted down there. I'm blown away. God bless y'all. I mean anything that I don't know anything about that up here? How these shows differ. Although we did have that one person that said she had sex with her man three times.
Speaker 2: A day, right, but then she I mean she said that, and I could tell you I couldn't have sex with that man three times a year or in my lifetime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, look at you?
Speaker 2: Would you? You would have?
Speaker 3: I would not. No, No, I would not.
Speaker 2: Fine, we're gonna play a quick game. Would you rather have sex with Aaron?
Speaker 3: Okay or p K? What type of pharmaceuticals are available here? I need some pharmaceuticals.
Speaker 2: It's my question. You have to answer it if you want to give me the hard questions, you want to throw it Aaron K.
Speaker 3: I jump out the window. I'm not answering this question.
Speaker 2: Fine soak? Oh stop?
Speaker 3: Why do you even know what that means?
Speaker 2: Because I cover Mormon lives of the is that considered sex or not? No? Soaking, isn't it because you're just you're not penetrating. You have to have your friend jump on the bed back and forth so that it'll move up and down. That's called bed hopping.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, out living? What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, back to neither. I'm gonna differ. You can ask me another one. I've already gotten in trouble with saying to read and PK years ago. I'm not gonna you know this is whatever? Whatever?
Speaker 2: Fine, I quit then Katie and her daughter Caylee fill out paperwork for her to make Matt's last name her last name.
Speaker 3: I did this, you know that? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then we get to Emily and Shane's free channing each other, which I would have appreciated this scene if they weren't free channing each other.
Speaker 3: He seems like a decent person. Am I right about this? He's like a nice person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a nice person. I think that she.
Speaker 3: Looks like she has a lot of pain, like a lot of unresolved pain. She talks about her mom. I think she must have had a really hard time coming up and fought very hard to get everything that she has. And I see that's why she's so mean to Jen.
Speaker 2: And I think she's just it's a little out of balance. Yeah, whenever you are projecting your personal feelings about yourself onto somebody else, I do think it's quite more aggressive. And I I mean, I podcast with Emily once a week. She can give me shit. I laugh about it. I enjoy her. But I think when we start to see her pain about the way that she grew up, it is interesting. But the part that I found most interesting in this scene was not the spray Tan or Shane wearing a fucking shirt that said real mean spray Tan. Yeah, that could have done without it. But it's when she said, am I a good mom?
Speaker 3: Yes? Which is so painful to hear because that's I think that, and we hear that a lot on these shows, right on housewives shows. You're a good mom, You're not a good mom? Don't say that, you know that's me, is like.
Speaker 2: But I think she legitimately feels that way. Why because I don't think she had a mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but aren't her children doing well?
Speaker 2: I think they're doing well, But I think there is if you didn't have, you know, a mom or a dad that supported you in a certain way. I feel like there's something that you think you could always do better.
Speaker 3: But that's true, I think with anything. I don't think I All mothers think they could do more. All mothers wish they could do more. I think that's just part of being a mom. But obviously when you have family issues or you were raised a certain way, I'm sure that they are double.
Speaker 2: But I wish they would dig into this a little bit more and give us a little bit more history on her family and all of that, because then we do see it later come into play once they they're at the traders event and she says what she says to Jin, but Emily says, she knows she can be aggressive, but it's because.
Speaker 3: She had to be. I understand that. Yeah, I mean there are moments in time when you really have to be aggressive in order just to survive. I really understood where she was coming from with that. The balance. The trick is to find the balance of when I'm not, you know, forced to survive right now, like things are okay, so I don't need to be that aggressive. That's the trick is finding that balance. It's okay to have that skill set when needed. It's when it comes out when you don't need it that you look bad.
Speaker 2: Then everybody arrives at Tamra's Trader's party. Tamra invited Vicky because she thought it would make Shannon more comfortable. But then Vicky, get off your fucking phone in the car. That really pissed me off.
Speaker 3: Oh that she Well, she had a client you've had. I've seen you work too, ted Listen, I see it, Teddy, I have seen you work, but.
Speaker 2: Imagine our one like you know how it happens and I'm sorry. If you were pouring your heart out to.
Speaker 3: Me, she's heard it a million times. I bet that's why she's there.
Speaker 2: And you were like, just start pouring your heart out. I'm like, yeah, I don't know, do the point sixty seven. That's fine.
Speaker 3: I just no, she's not here for you, like so over it, over it, she was so even.
Speaker 2: Shannon goes, let let me know when you're done.
Speaker 3: I know I saw that that I don't like.
Speaker 2: Okay, and we've we've all been in those moments. Nobody wants to be in the sprinter, nobody wants to.
Speaker 3: Be nobody going to the trader's party. No, And by the way, why does Vicky dislike you so much?
Speaker 2: She originally started disliking me because.
Speaker 3: She called you Tamra's minion.
Speaker 2: She called me, of course, I mean that's everybody's well, yeah I'm this person's minion or that. But I think she originally started disliking me because she wanted to do a podcast with Tamra.
Speaker 3: Ah okay, but.
Speaker 2: She wanted to discuss insurance and real estate.
Speaker 3: Nobody cares. Yeah, wait is Tamra okay?
Speaker 2: Well, because Tamra's a real estate age right, Okay, right, so then when we offered Tamra the job, that's where it all started, and she started coming from me in the press and everything started happening. But at the end of the day, I don't really know VICKI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've met Vicki once or twice.
Speaker 2: What'd you think of her?
Speaker 3: It was very on the surface, Hi, how are you? Yeah, it wasn't much, you know, much more than that, but not that there should have been, but there just wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think so I need to point out that this event was the coldest I've ever been in my entire life.
Speaker 3: You mean, freezing, cold, freezing. It looked cold as hell. And I'll tell you why, because I was watching I was like, these bitches are so cold in that rain. Having known that, like we shot like that before, So you're telling me this is the coldest you've ever been ever. That's a tough statement, ever been.
Speaker 2: Because so it was like kind of like an old haunted house type of vibe. And I had to be there early, so I'm like sitting there and I, you know, I see all of our old producers and I honestly, before they even got there, I was like like standing in front of a heat lamp walk out, of course, just to fuck with Vicky said the housewives and Vicky comment, well, of course, I mean she could have been a little bit nicer.
Speaker 3: But she wasn't. And you know what, she's good at it. You're good at it. The people love to keep going.
Speaker 2: Well, then Vicky calls me a fucking bitch, which I'm used to and but I did give a compliment. So Katie, I apologize for anything I've ever said because you said I was stunning. So thank you.
Speaker 3: We were stunning, beautiful, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I was in my writing outfit.
Speaker 3: I know you look absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Then the game is a little bit hard, you can see.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I first off, I never watched Traders. I know it does really well, and they may or may not have asked me to be on the.
Speaker 2: First episode the first season. Yeah, why don't we do the next season?
Speaker 3: I mean we could, but I was in those shapes.
Speaker 2: But would you want to be a Trader or a faith.
Speaker 3: I've never watched, so I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't want to be a trader.
Speaker 3: You would be a trader?
Speaker 2: I want to you don't get to pay?
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't get to pick.
Speaker 2: They pick for you, Yeah, they picked for you. I think it'd be too on the nose for you to be a trader. You'd have to be a faithful.
Speaker 3: What are you trying to say, I'm a trader, real alive.
Speaker 2: No, but everybody expects for you to have the most Like you are smart, and you're decisive, and you're quick and like you're you could also be disarming.
Speaker 3: Well, i'd have to watch the show. What the fuck is it even about?
Speaker 2: It's like Clue?
Speaker 3: Oh I love Clue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like Clue.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, But it can it be missus Scarlett because she.
Speaker 2: Was the most fun Yeah, and she's a cuist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the best costume. That's what I wanted to be her.
Speaker 2: But then we kind of talk about like what's happening behind the scenes, blah blah blah. I'm not upset that Vicky calls me a bit. It takes one and no one. We've been through this forever.
Speaker 3: I think you're a big girl.
Speaker 2: Do you know how much it takes to hurt my feelings?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? A lot?
Speaker 2: Really fucking we've talked about the ship that's happened to us since twenty nineteen, yeah, just before the pod.
Speaker 3: It's been a Tony and I are on a real roll since twenty nineteen in the old personal disaster area. I mean, I don't know if two people there, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, do you really think you're gonna hurt my feelings by Granted, you could have hurt my feelings by just like sneezing on me in my first seasons of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: But it's a different thing. But now you are like, you know, I'm a callous fucking kid. Your heart as stone, It's okay.
Speaker 2: Then we go into cocktail our, Tamra thinks the trader could be Jenner, Gina, Heather invite it's Katie to her event and Sonoma and then Katie apologizes and they cheers and move on. Do you believe this apology whatsoever?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Do you think? Do you think Heather wants to be friends with Kate?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think. I don't think she's concerned about being friends with Katie.
Speaker 2: But why do you think that is? Do you think it's because she's been around for a long time, or she's too good for it, or she doesn't think that Katie's good for the show.
Speaker 3: No, I just I don't think any of that. I think Heather's just being herself, Like, if she doesn't want to be friends with someone, she doesn't feel like she has to be.
Speaker 2: Do you think that she wants to be friends with Gina? I love when I stump you, It's my favorite.
Speaker 3: I can't tell, I can't tell. I'm gonna get a lot of trouble for this. Heather's inn a league of her own. She's playing another game.
Speaker 2: How do you think Heather would do if she was brought onto Beverly Hills?
Speaker 3: Probably good?
Speaker 2: But I think she's doing that if you really, yeah, you don't really? Yeah, I think she would come on good. And then the second one of y'all gave her up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think of her well enough. I haven't not familiar enough. I feel like Heather is just in a different She's on a different plane, and that's not in a bad way, in a good way. And I don't think that like she thinks she's better than I think she's just you know, she's playing from a different place.
Speaker 2: You're like, she just is better than she's.
Speaker 3: Just in a different place. She just plays housewives differently. I don't think she really cares whether Katie's her friend or not, and not in a bad way or good way. I think she's very neutral, is what I'm trying to say. It is what it is with her. Yeah, I don't think that she's looking for friends, and I don't think she cares if you're her enemy. She's very neutral.
Speaker 2: Do you like her? Like? Do you would you when you look at the show and you're like, who would be my friends? Who would be your friend?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I always get along with those that no one gets along with, so of course I always get along with the tougher personalities. Yeah, I would probably be friends with her. I see her thinking a lot. And I also knew that she was the trader. Yeah, yeah, there was something she said. I was like, that sounds like how they did Brown.
Speaker 2: I did think it was pretty genius that they didn't allow the audience to know who the trader was. But what about the fact that I messed up who she fucking pointed at? Oh?
Speaker 3: This sense habits all like this is where she pointed, and I was confused myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there was a point. They never showed the point because clearly I missed. So I see the point. It's freezing. I have hypothermia. I'm like, just trying to do what I gotta do, and they do a point I say the wrong person.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, shit.
Speaker 2: And then Heather This is where I loved Heather. She pulled me aside that they don't show this on camera, and she's like.
Speaker 3: What the fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 4: I pointed it, like in a funny She's like, I pointed it, and I was like, She's like, I didn't point it, Dearra, And I'm like, you you did, like your acrylic was pointing that right, You're aclic.
Speaker 2: But either way. Then Heather invites Katie to Sonoma. Katie apologizes, they cheers, They move on. Emily apologizes to Jen for yelling at her. Jen says she feels like Emily sees her is less than her, and Emily says, it's not true.
Speaker 3: I could see why Jen wouldn't say that. Gen strikes me as somebody very sensitive, and Emily is a strong personality, and we have seen her not like talk down to her, but talk at her in a way that possibly would make her feel that way.
Speaker 2: I get that, I can say, and I don't know what happens in the future of this season, But that night I loved Jen.
Speaker 3: She was really good. She was y, well spoken, and she was she was together.
Speaker 2: Like I remember, she's she's a sha It's teammate and most of the questions are shading Shannon, right, I mean, she's Shannon's teammate. Most of the questions are shading Shannon, and she's like able to look at her and be like the biggest drinker, that's you.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 2: I liked it. I enjoyed her that night. I thought she was really fun. I did think filming with Orange County was a whole hell of a lot easier than filming with Beverly Hills, because they're all kinds of shit shows, and like there was a part of Beverly Hills that just with all do, as Andy would say, with all do takes themselves too seriously.
Speaker 3: I said that everybody in Beverly Hills is so.
Speaker 2: Precious, and I when I first started, I was nowhere near being precious. Like I was like still doing my forever twenty one, trying to figure out shit years behind everybody else's life. So go walking into Orange County and it being just a total shit showing, everybody laughing and having fun.
Speaker 3: I was like, I, well, that's the way it should be, right, that's the way it should be. You should be laughing and having fun. And then you come up here and we're a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of like, no, we can't be self deprecating.
Speaker 3: Wetecting everything. Everybody is protecting their own. Yeah. So I mean I think I do think that it's lightened up a bit.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: Renna was always self deprecating.
Speaker 2: Renna was my last even though I got fired my last year, that was my favorite year. Good, Like, like, Renna and I had so much fun. We had so much fun, like all of it. Like when I was like, what the fuck are you doing? You're gonna eat your own placenta that's disgusting, and like producers looked at us like I was gonna be upset, and I was like, yeah, I am supposed to help with postpartum.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, you know, she you know, Yeah, I'm shocked to hear you say that, because I think that the OC girls are very you know, they they say how they feel we'll call each other. Well we did too. I should be quiet because I call everybody names all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it is what is? It felt easy? Maybe it was because it was one time. Anything one time is easy, well not always anyways. Then Shannon, Tamra, and Vicky go off together. Shannon says Tamra liked a post of Alexis with the hashtags friendships forming. Tamra says it's not her fault John is dating Alexis. They talk about the trace amigas. All I say is that after seeing that dance, I'm glad Vicky banned me from coming to that show. You realized she wouldn't let me attend.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 2: Tamra's like, can you come and support? Yeah, whatever, and Vicky's like, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: And the reason for that? Why does she have such a She really dislikes it.
Speaker 2: She hates me.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: But I was like, after seeing the dance, it was probably best I wasn't there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't need that in your life right now.
Speaker 2: Then we into teams. It's Heather, Katie and Gina, Vicki Tammer and Emily jenn and Shannon. Who's the most offensive Shannon. Who's the first to throw someone under the bus? Ca?
Speaker 3: Yeah she will. Who drinks the mouth Shannon?
Speaker 2: Everybody was honest, Yeah, who's the biggest trader? Camera yeah, So do we agree on all these answers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because yes, I mean, of course that's the way the game is played. Yeah, And the fact that they could all say that is kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Except I felt like Gina was like off, Gina was obsessing about Katie a lot. I'm like, nobody, I have to be honest, I was there.
Speaker 3: I didn't pay that much attention I had. I'm paying attention to other cast members, to be quite honest.
Speaker 2: With you, But I had to compile the scores. Yeah, nobody picked Katie for anything except for Gina. And then I was like, what's your heart on for Katie? Gina? Right, you brought her in supposedly, so why are you? Yeah, like, why are you coming for her? Then I awkwardly pushed Tamar into the pool.
Speaker 3: Which I thought was probably your best moment. I would have liked to have seen that. I would have liked to have seen that, Teddy on BH, I know a couple of bitches you'd like to push into the pool, and I would have helped you. It was probably one of the bitches you'd like to push in. And that's okay.
Speaker 2: At the beginning, when you were in that fucking red Latex, I would have liked to push you into whatever that boy.
Speaker 3: Trapped me.
Speaker 2: You're like, hold on, I need baby powder to get this on. I was like, well, we've now been waiting one hour and twenty two minutes.
Speaker 3: And I know what happened. I couldn't get back to the had a sore throat and I was looking for the doctor and I couldn't get back to from the zoo. Remember when we went to the.
Speaker 2: I remember, get back to the pan. I remember it. I also remember the bangs and the powder in the rage.
Speaker 3: The other age, the rage, a lot of age, a lot of age. Yeah, you probably would have thrown me into the whatever river?
Speaker 2: Was that a river it was? But then Tamra says a quote that I actually want on my tom stone, which is Teddy could ruin a wet dream.
Speaker 3: I you know what that was. I love you? But she may be right, yeah, because you you can't.
Speaker 2: I really think like there was a point where I was like, is she being shady? And then I was like no, no, I really fucking could.
Speaker 3: There's part of your personality that's just way too dry. Yeah that you just kind of say it how it is, and it's like, come on, man, we're trying to have fun and sometimes you give it to us a little too straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was like Tombstone nineteen eighty one, Unknown could ruin a wet dream. Tammy so like, I feel like I'm fine with you.
Speaker 3: You're not. You don't say that, Erica. How would you have reacted if you were in Tamor's situation and Teddy pushed you in the pool? Bitch you'd come, I'd have gotten out of that pool. There is you back in with me.
Speaker 2: There's no way you wouldn't have ripped my head from the side.
Speaker 3: I help me the moment. I would have held on to you as hard as I could and like and if I got out, I would have been like chasing you around to three back in.
Speaker 2: The pool, I mean and plus ones. We talk about the weather conditions.
Speaker 3: What time of the year was that? Was it winter?
Speaker 2: Fucking freezing time?
Speaker 3: I remember one time it was like a couple of years ago. We filmed Crystal's birthday party at Yamashira. They never showed it. It was that night that La had that cold torn.
Speaker 2: Now they asked me to go. I said no, but a bunch of my girlfriends went.
Speaker 3: When I tell you. I was so rained out and I got a chest and cold and probably COVID after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you are freezing. But I don't know that I would have pushed. If I was going to push somebody in the pool, Oh please, it would not have been you.
Speaker 3: No, you had a line, You had a line. I had a me. No, like a couple of people ahead.
Speaker 2: Listen, like if I was going to be really mad and push somebody in a fucking pool. But also that's a difference. Oh see, I mean whether they're getting glammed or not getting glammed.
Speaker 3: You could push one of them in the pool and be okay.
Speaker 2: You could be okay. But I it's like I see the glam and the wigs and everything that goes into Beverly Hills and I'm like, back, it cost me, no, but here's it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: But I would be more worried about somebody not taking it the way it should be taking. Which is funny. Like, you know, people, I can't believe that bitch relaxed.
Speaker 2: Well, all the people except for Tamara were pissed about the pool.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all them were like can you believe she did that?
Speaker 3: Was like it's probably great.
Speaker 2: Tama was like, I mean, Tama came out looking like a sperm and she.
Speaker 3: Was.
Speaker 2: It was not the moment, but we had fun for two hours after. It's like you know when you wrap and you take your mics off, and she was like, well you ended the fucking night and it was great and blah blah blah great and.
Speaker 3: It was a great job. And the way that she you know, she's cool like that, she gets it.
Speaker 2: She gets it. But I did think this was a good episode all around. And I don't know if it is it because Alexis wasn't in it.
Speaker 3: Oh you look at you. I don't know. I like this cast though. I like this cast. I think they have good synergy. The Alexis thing for me is just there to annoy Shannon and there to draw, you know, criticism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're going to do something else, I'm happy to have you there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know. I mean, do they make her a full time housewife next year?
Speaker 2: Do they? And then what demote Shannon? No, you can't demote Shannon, right because I think that Shannon, whether she's blowing into a DUI thing in her car, like she there's moments of likability even the conversation. Did you want to see the trace amigas get back together after their conversation?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, me NEI there, No, But then I thought maybe I was being biased.
Speaker 3: No, I think sometimes, look, things run their course. Haven't they been together for like over a decade? Yeah, Okay, things run the course and people move on. People change. So if your heart's not in iteople have moved on.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I agree. Uh so next week I think we go to Sonoma. Oh my gosh, we go to Sonoma, which I which I've heard is a little bit dicey.
Speaker 3: So oh, yeah, you've heard.
Speaker 2: I've heard. I've heard. I just have like some mutual friends that are close to the show. Sure, but I've heard it's very dicey and things start to shift. I'm curious, that's the thing. You know, how many times that you've thought that things were going to shift for you and then they never do. Yeah, I'm curious if we're going to actually see the shift that we're hearing so much about. Hum hm, So stay tuned, guys.
Speaker 3: Someone else told me something? What Oh it gets real good later?
Speaker 2: Is it somebody that I know? For fuck's sake, Erica, I don't make me push you into my pool well up in and you know, but you get I don't care if I'm gonna make you go into the cold plunge.
Speaker 3: You know what I do want to get in your cold plunch. But yes, I heard, I heard it gets real good.
Speaker 2: So how long do we have to wait?
Speaker 3: A couple of mom did a little bit lun down the line. I heard it gets good, and this is from somebody that you would never think of. But that was there.
Speaker 2: I was all right, Well, thank you guys for tuning in to another episode of to Teas and a Pod. We appreciate you, guys, and I appreciate you Erica for being here. Thank you so much, and keep bringing it, ladies. You're doing the best that we could imagine.
Speaker 3: I'm having fun. Thank you Teddy for having me. This was a good time. Thank you.