Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty. You can hear this in the background. The attacks here in Keep, Ukraine stopped at above seven am this morning.
Speaker 3: It's now close to one pm and the attacks have started again.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna go n cover.
Speaker 3: You can hear a you can hear the drones above.
Speaker 1: That's a report from Kiev where they've been under attack for like twenty four hours and us thinking the last night is trying to imagine this is watching some of the videos to live in because Cave Cave looks like whatever city you've been to. It just it looks a lot of these towns in Ukraine. Do just imagine if all of a sudden you heard whistling and then a rocket hits the library or whatever, and that's just your life. It's so hard as an American to wrap your head around that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the apartment building you live, five apartments just got taken out. Thank god it wasn't mine, honey. Anyway, what do we want to have for dinner?
Speaker 2: So crazy? Yeah, anyway, brutal.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna talk electoral politics because we've talked a lot of that today on this voting day. But one interesting thing is that you ought to be aware of if you haven't caught onto this. It's almost all Democrats and lefty pundits that are beaten up on this Platiner guy, Platiner guy now trying to drive him out of the race. Yeah, because they realize he is a tainted goods and he's going to cause them to lose, and so they want him out of the race because CNN.
Speaker 2: New York Times.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're just killing the guy now over his Nazi tattoo and sexting and.
Speaker 2: All this different sort of stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, back to Ukraine just for a second. I thought it was super interesting his piece in the Washington Post that pressure is mounting on Putin over how to end the war because they're offensive, stall, they're running out of guys, blah blah blah. Financial resources are dwindling in the Russian officials have been issued increasingly shrill threats to intensify bombings of Kiev and are making more and more aggressive moves toward other countries in Europe. They're thinking Putin's desperate and about to do something crazy.
Speaker 2: I hope they're wrong.
Speaker 1: Wow, as we go back and forth, here we're doing the weave like Trump does. Back to Platner, he's the you know, oyster fisherman guy, hard working, regular dude who went to a super super fancy boarding school as a kid. Here's a black progressive pundit on CNN. We've lost the plot on authenticity to think Graham Platner is costplaying working class. He wears it like a Halloween costume that has been placed on him by the same people who have run a lot of progressive people out of.
Speaker 2: The race and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he's getting attacked by his own crowd because he's They know there's more bad stuff to come out before before they do their voting, which I think is next week. AnyWho saw this headline up on CBS this morning didn't actually grab the story, but just saw some of the details around it.
Speaker 2: What's behind the to clean and to clean?
Speaker 1: I guess it's kind of a word. You can clean and declean. I guess messing something up would be decleaning it. The judges will allow it what's behind the decline in teen summer jobs a very tight teen summer job market.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: There's lots of things, including a whole bunch of you who think it's awful for teens to get jobs and have put all kinds of restrictions in place. Then we got the whole liability law thing which has made it very very hard, and all kinds of different jobs that used to exist when we were kids, they all went.
Speaker 3: Away artificially high minimum wages that one did it sixteen year old with no work experience isn't worth What you've said is the bottom wage that can be paid, so they will be paid nothing.
Speaker 2: Thanks for helping.
Speaker 1: My sixteen year old has applied for a couple of jobs, including I'm hoping he gets one at a well known coffee company that's not far from me, and it'd be very easy for him to get to him back on a regular basis. But yeah, that's a good point in theory. They'll hire you with no experience whatsoever and all that.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, do you?
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 1: How much do you think it hurts him being a white male applying to big corporations like that?
Speaker 2: I don't know these days. I don't know either.
Speaker 3: It doesn't help, certainly, but no, it's not a stroke in your favor.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: You know, the The New York Post slash California Post the other day printed the story that you probably haven't heard. I think we touched on it briefly here, but CARLS Junior is shutting down nearly fifty California stores over the states staggering minimum wage.
Speaker 2: As they put.
Speaker 3: It, it just doesn't make sense to stay in business anymore, so shutting down and all of those people are losing their jobs.
Speaker 2: How many? Almost fifty?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: The biggest franchise e is leading the Chapter eleven action, putting forty nine of its California restaurants up for sales part of the proceedings.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. How come they haven't gone with the touch screen that they're doing at McDonald's. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is fifty restaurants, not three hundred and fifty. But this French owner has had to declare bankruptcy. And you know, I don't know the particulars of it, but they go into the research done by UCLA and other places that the minimum wage hike has cost the fast food sector eighteen thousand jobs just since April twenty four when it went into effect, representing a three and a half ish percent decline in the sector compared to fast food sectors in other parts of the country.
Speaker 2: Eighteen thousand people out of work.
Speaker 1: I don't know how old you have to be to work it to like Burger King or Carls Junior or whatever. But all the various things, including in the Minimu Waige, You're definitely right about that one. That we've done to stop teenagers from having jobs. It seems so opposite of all that we talk about regular in the regularly in the modern world about young people and their lack of maturity and not understanding this or that, and then we've made it impossible for them to get jobs, which is one of the greatest schools you could ever go to, is having a job.
Speaker 2: That's well said. I think part of it is the whole.
Speaker 3: And I'd love to blame Obama for this, but I think he was, you know, he was much as much a reflector of this as a leader of it. But the attitude that everybody has to go to college, the only dignified path in life is to get an undergraduate degree and then go sit in a cubicle.
Speaker 2: Or whatever, and that.
Speaker 3: Working with your hands was somehow embarrassing. The trades were embarrassing. Kids getting summer jobs and flipping burgers was somehow exploitive as opposed to a great blanking opportunity, which is how I looked at.
Speaker 2: It, trust me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it just this demonization of anything but modern university, shallow intellectualism. Anything else is invalid. It's an ugly embarrassing life.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 1: Both my kids had just been dying to reach the age where they could go out and make some money, have some money in their pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I saw one of my nieces in particular, her maturity over a year once she entered the work place was absolutely amazing, not surprising, but amazing.
Speaker 2: Can you break down maturity more for us, oh, boy, in the way that I mean it?
Speaker 1: Well, one went from like talking to a kid like to talk into a grown up somehow through the experience of dealing with other grownups all the time, I guess.
Speaker 2: But just the.
Speaker 1: Topics that would come up about money and all that sort, you know, the understanding the value of money, How much does that change when you get a job you know, your parent's given you a fifty bucks or whatever they need to go eat with your friends or something. It takes on a whole new meaning when you realize how long it takes you to make fifty.
Speaker 3: Bucks, right, right, Yeah, money becomes a question of time. Yeah, yeah, that's true. I'd imagine it makes well and I know this from experience. It makes people more realist than idealist than they were.
Speaker 1: My brother was talking were I was talking to my brother the other day about how the first time his daughter, who's now in her mid twenties, got a paycheck, and it's like, wait a second, how come I'm only getting this much? You know, because you've never had the whole everything taken out before. Well, there's taxes, and then there's this so security thing, and then there's this and that, and there's a little for insurance, and then there's a bunch of fees you don't know what they are paying off the War of eighteen twelve or whatever, and they took that out of your check too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well somebody's got to pay for it eventually.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: And I'm kind of just noodling through this thought. You've got your entire practically education system, especially universities demonizing capitalism. It's a force for evil. It's exploitive of workers. Do you go into work for in and out burger, Carl's Junior. I was a caddy, among other things, bus boy, half a dozen different things. That's not opportunity, that's exploitation. And we're, you know, on the fifteenth topic of the month, seeing the fruits of those attitudes being implanted in kids. We're hearing them express them now as adults that no, this is not an opportunity, it's exploitation. And so we've got to raise the minimum wage at Carls Junior much much higher. And they don't care what the outcome is. They just care about how espousing that policy makes them look, if it makes them look noble. Never mind the eighteen thousand people who now don't have a job, or you know, they don't even get into the number of folks who've had their hours cut back.
Speaker 2: That just it makes me insane.
Speaker 1: You know, the one thing I've never done is work a retail or a restaurant or anything where you work with we have the public, Oh, we never done that.
Speaker 3: As the one thing you've never done, so you've fornicated with beasts, you've sacrificed a human to your god or gods. You've murdered a political figure. No, workwise, I get it. That's funny. I've done that a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, I know a lot most people have.
Speaker 1: And well you've probably never built a fence on the top of a hill in the middle of nowhere, all day long in twenty degree below weather all alone, which I don't know what value you get out of that, but.
Speaker 2: I've done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and working with the public would definitely be a lesson that I'm sure would be helpful in a lot of different ways. Yeah, this job has some of that, coming through texting, emails and all that sort of stuff, and every once in a while back in the day doing events and meeting people. But I've never worked the you know, constant customer customer is always right dealing with that returning stuff to the store or not liking their meal, or I've never done that before.
Speaker 3: My son worked at TAJA for a couple of years anyway, and he was in like customer service, and he it was it was a master's degree in a how people really are as opposed to the fanciful idea that you have as a young idealistic person. You're always talking about how the left always seems every seems to think everybody's always trying as hard as they can and the only reason somebody'd be down and out is because the system was against them or blah blah blah, And my son declan. He quickly realized, Oh, there are a lot of scumbags, and they lie and they cheat and they steal. They'll look you straight in the eye and lie to you. They're not down and out. There's scumbag. That's a good lesson right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you do retail, Michael yep? I did the fast food. I serve people yogurt.
Speaker 3: I did restaurant work, all sorts of public stuff.
Speaker 1: I would like I did lots of different things at this job, but I would uh. For instance, I would get to work at like six in the morning. I would load a whole bunch of rolls of wire in the back of my truck and post hole digger and posts and drive off into a field so far away from anyone else that I wouldn't see I couldn't see another human being looking any direction the entire day, and at noon I would get out my sack lunch and sit there on the ground and eat my sandwich by myself. Then I would finish my sandwich and go back to digging post holes and building my fence, not being able to see or talk to And this is pretty smartphone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see another human being the entire day. At five o'clock, I'd drive back and go home. Hell that was pre brick phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, can the Mercedes was a Halloween Hollywood producer. There's no way to communicate with another human except shouting, pratt, How good was that?
Speaker 2: Probably for my brain? That kind of solitude good or ruin us?
Speaker 3: I don't know, right in tell us what you say, idiotsat to us mail bag at our stringing kidding hut, I got a theory.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got more on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 5: Tracy Morgan, the comedian getting ready for one of his biggest gigs, the NBA Finals, Sent to help the city and get excited the time Knicks fan is lending his iconic voice to the subway.
Speaker 4: It's pert Settle Nick fans, It's Tracy Morgan. Game nine, New York starts on a subway. Do city in arge blue, rolling in together, arms and brue skies. Baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tracy Morgan doing the voiceover for the subway headed to the Knicks game the finals start tomorrow night. Reminding you that Tracy Morgan, the comedian, when he was in his limo when a Walmart truck hit him, he got ninety million dollars. Out of that ninety million dollars, that's why he's in the front row sitting next to John Stewart and Timothy shallowmagy because he got that kind of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, I've known somebody who got not nearly that high settlement.
Speaker 2: But man, you wouldn't want to go through what they No, no, no, no, no, no, get it. No. Yeah, dang. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's a hilarious dude coming up sting and his thoughts on toxic masculinity. Okay, right now. As a matter of fact, I just thought it was such a good tease. I wanted to tease it, even though I'm going to do it right now. I actually I think this is really interesting and he doesn't really talk about toxic masculinity per se, but he says he believes the fact that men no longer use their hands and physicality on a daily basis may be driving a lot of the problems with men, however you want to describe it, you know, lacking purpose, drug abuse, porn and video games, you know, toxic masculinity to the extent, it's really an issue. He's he's written this musical about the last days of a shipyard in Britain, and he says, I work with my hands every day as a musician, and I'm lucky. It's a rare thing for modern men to actually use their hands and use their strength to do anything. We've lost something there. I don't have any answers, but maybe the toxicity in society at the moment is a result of the fact that we've lost a direction for that energy, the male strength.
Speaker 2: It's rare. We have to use it. Sure, our.
Speaker 1: Forefathers did not work with their hands out of a better character, though they had no choice.
Speaker 3: That's going to be a problem for the entire existence on earth.
Speaker 1: Sure, but yeah, you gotta you have to go out of your way to make yourself work with your hands, because most people are not going to make a living having to use their hands.
Speaker 3: The other thing that's interesting is a what do you call it an Anglo file, which I am is that he blames Margaret Thatcher and her dream of a service economy. And I would say to Dare Stinger, first of all, love the songs, love the songs, but I won't Gosh, let's just be friends and hang out together a lot anyway. And I would also say to him Margaret Thatcher didn't have any effect on the United States, and we've got a giant service economy where men can't channel their strengths into building ships either.
Speaker 1: All right, we kind of had this topic earlier on something, but she saw the changes coming. This is what the economy is going to be. This is what the modern world's going to be. Get prepared for it. You couldn't have said no to the service economy taking over and say we're all gonna build ships or fences or rail you know, rail lines or whatever what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: And you know, Roxanne, you shouldn't data prostitutes, think Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Finally, in a recent post on x US Ambassador de Grease, Kimberly Guilfoyle celebrated a new McDonald's location in Athens and called it a quote the most technologically advanced McDonald's in all of Europe, which just means the ice cream machine works.
Speaker 2: Boy, old gilfoil boy.
Speaker 3: What do you do when your ex's dad is the president and says, look, nobody wants you in this country. Well, we'll make it easy for you. How about an ambassadorship? Oh to have that sort of.
Speaker 2: Back Oh, no kidding. Oh, I'd love to do that if your.
Speaker 1: Worst case scenario you end up in Bastard to Greece.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow wow.
Speaker 3: So a couple of interesting notes from the world of science. I'm very curious about science. I like hearing about it. I'm not nearly smart enough to comprehend most of it. But scientists number one have finally figured out how fast the universe is expanding.
Speaker 2: They've known for.
Speaker 3: A very long time, or they think they know that there's a big bang in the universe has been expanding from a single point ever since into what a bigger thing. Call it creation, called it the Big Bang, whatever you want. Even about fourteen billion years later, this expansion moves objects like Galaxy's in it farther away from us, and they're trying to figure out what the rate of expansion is, because then you can extrapolate how old the universe is. International gathering of experts last year in Switzerland confirmed that objects received faster as they become more distant. All right, now I'm starting to get glazed eyes, and you know the look to once again quote the great on Henley like cow at a passing train. Uncomprehendingly. For instance, a galaxy three million light years away will move away from us at forty six miles per second. The scientist calculated a galaxy at twice that distance would be moving away at about ninety miles per second. So I can't comprehend that, but they do illustrate it in the journal Astronomy and Astrophysics. They say that rate is most precise ever calculated. It's also mind bogglingly small. If you took an empty space the size of a football field expanding at the rate our universe is, it would take more than a million years to expand by a single centimeter. When you look at the size of the universe.
Speaker 2: The universe is expanding into what the other place over there? The void?
Speaker 3: See that's where my mind gets blown yeah, really fast. It's like the Book of Genesis. Before the creation, there was nothing. Ooh wait a minute, nothing is something, well, space is nothing.
Speaker 1: I mean there's nothing, right, but that's something. But before the big bang, there was just a whole lot of nothing. It's hard to wrap your head around infinite nothing.
Speaker 2: You can't, yes, you can't, or even a little nothing.
Speaker 3: The calculation is called in a question of major scientific theory. It's about ten percent faster than what the standard model of cosmologism changes everything.
Speaker 2: Why would they.
Speaker 3: Ask cosmetologists anyway, it's essentially the theory of how everything works in the universe says the rate should be. It's about ten percent faster. Anyway, if you're in astrophysics, I suggest you dig.
Speaker 2: More into that.
Speaker 3: I found this even more interesting though, and this is crazy. Your son has got to read this. I don't think I've passed it on to you yet. It's been assumed for a long time that humans haven't really changed, adapted, evolved in like forty or fifty thousand years. A lot of that belief, as they're writing in the Free Press, is in large degree in the shadow of famed paleontologists and naturalist Stephen J. Gould, whose theory of punctuated equilibrium held the genetic evolution proceeds and fits and starts, and that the humanity was in a period of genetic stasis like for forty fifty thousand years. There's been no biological changes in humans in that time, he argued in an interview published in the year two thousand. Everything we call culture and civilization we've built with the same body and brain as way back in the day. He had no way to look into the ancient genome itself, and so neither did anybody else at the time, So the view that human genetic change belonged in the past became predominant. The idea that genes could both shape and be shaped by lifestyle was discarded. They quote another a couple of super heavyweights who anybody who deviated from that line were shunned and dismissed as race.
Speaker 2: Or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but now the conventional wisdom is imploded. There was a tour de force of big data science published in Nature last month that showed how a mountain of genetic data backs up the idea that human revolution the ideas about human revolution that date back to Darwin were wrong. By using cutting edge genomic methods, the researchers showed that natural selection has been ubiquitous across the last ten thousand years, reshaping our appearance, our immune systems, and even predispositions to mental illness, huge changes in humans in the last ten thousand years. Now, it appears that culture did not replace genetics as the vehicle for human adaptation in order to put an end to humans biological fluidity over time. These scientists show how the movement of people in the rise of agriculture at least a surge of genetic changes. The title of the paper is Ancient DNA reveals pervasive directional selection across West Eurasia.
Speaker 2: How thoughtful were we?
Speaker 1: That's what I always wonder, not just how smart, but how capable were we of being thoughtful?
Speaker 3: Like depending flowers on somebody's wedding anniversary.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you know, picking up after yourself. Fifty thousand years ago? Were people living, you know, and everybody's living to like age twenty before you get rock falls on your head or you get eaten by a wine or something like.
Speaker 2: That, die of the plague here? But were people looking around and thinking, Wow, what is the point of all of this? Right?
Speaker 1: Is what happens when you die? I mean just I just I don't understand. It's just say, every day and I see other people suffering and getting older, and what are we doing here? Did they have those thoughts and conversations.
Speaker 3: Some days I get up and I think, moving this mud from here to over there? Is there really a point to it? I mean, the king told me I have to my being exploited.
Speaker 2: Is this what I want to do with my life? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So anyway, the idea that this paper illustrates is that we're an adapting animal, not just in theory, but in reality.
Speaker 2: I thought this was so cool.
Speaker 3: After analyzing ancient DNA from exactly fifteen eight hundred and thirty six West Eurasians that is, Europeans and West Asians who lived over the last eighteen thousand years, the Harvard team reported four hundred and seventy nine gene variants where there was strong directional selection over the millennia. Skin color, eye color, celiac disease, schizophrenia, bipolar risk, and intelligence are just some of the traits that have changed since the end of the last Ice Age, which is a little more than twelve thousand years ago. We're not simply cavemen wearing suits. We wear different beasts all together.
Speaker 1: Is intelligence? What's causes human beings to have the thoughts? So we were just discussing the what is The point of this, is there something bigger happening here? Is that just purely intelligence? Is that why we assume dogs don't have these thoughts, or cattle or even monkeys. Is the level of intelligence or is that something different? It might be something different. Maybe we're going to find that out through AI. Because if AI becomes more intelligent than us but never questions what am.
Speaker 2: I doing here?
Speaker 1: You know, then it's not intelligence saying it's something else. Okay, two more points from this. One of the more interesting details is that West Eurasians developed a host of adaptations in and around the class of genes that control immune function. Provides a clear demonstration of how the pressures of natural selection worked in humans. The rise of endemic diseases and pandemics, along with the acceleration of trade and the growth of the growth of cities, seem like excellent candidates for selection pressures. Since the last of the Ice age, constant selection pressures buffet a world of plagues, twisting and turning genomes, generation generation, so a lot of disease related stuff. The research is most startling and potentially controversial results and the reason you have not heard this come from the analysis of polygenic traits. These are characteristics controlled not by single genes, but by a whole set of variants, and this analysis was made possible by advances in computational horsepower that let the head scientists his name is Akbari, sift through a mountain of paleogenetic data. In genetic terms, it looks like Europeans have been selected for higher IQ, higher educational attainment, and less schizophrenia and bipolar disorder over the last ten thousand years.
Speaker 3: This is a startling result. The selection for educational attainment seems to predate even the most ancient education by thousands of years.
Speaker 2: Surprising as that is.
Speaker 3: It seems to be the case with latter samples, reflecting selection for the combination of genes associated with years of schooling in modern studies. Similarly, Neolithic farmers in the data set carried more variants associated with higher intelligence and modern samples than Mesolithic foragers. It's the strong sign that the emergence of farming and village culture changed human brains get smarter because you were dealing with a lot more people and the logistics of farming economics, and so smarter people got selected and survived and bred and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Because I was thinking, so the inn you.
Speaker 1: Got the cultural part of it, right, what just whatever world you're born into. I was thinking about this the other day when I was reading about the Bubonic played from the early sixteen hundreds in London, which when the bubonic plague hit around that time, or just life expectancy before the Bubonic played hit it was something like one out of four babies died in the first year or something. I mean, it was something extraordinarily high. Yeah, so every family lost a child pretty much. I mean, it wasn't the rare occurrence that we all wonder, why how do you go on after that happens?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It happened to everybody. And I'm sure that's most of human history. So how much did that change people's outlook on everything culture?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm sure there are fascinating books on that very topic. But the answer to that is long and fascinating.
Speaker 2: So you combine that with different levels of intelligence. I don't know how much we worried about these things. I really don't. Nobody knows. Yeah, yeah, because you wouldn't think.
Speaker 1: You watch some old timey movie, even if it's like Monty Python or whatever, and you think God, living in that village, just surrounded by mud.
Speaker 2: And dung and.
Speaker 1: Endless just backbreaking labor to die in your twenties, how do you even get out of bed in the morning.
Speaker 3: Just step over the dung to step in the mud instead. It's terrible.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and and.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't have time to really go into depth on this paper, but the relationship between environment and intelligence, and then that's how that's passed in passed along rather in you know, your your sets of genes. It's it's crazy interesting and super important. I get why people are super uncomfortable talking about it when it comes down to regions of the world and or races. But the idea that we pretend scientific fact doesn't exist because it makes us feel uncomfortable. It's just it's dumb. It's dumb. Yeah, don't let the worst people in the world direct the way we interpret reality. I mean, like, if it turns out, for instance, to cite the most explosive trope that for whatever reason, people of African origin are somewhat less intelligent on the average than European people, if that turned out to be true, that doesn't for an effing minute. Mean, I'm smarter than Thomas Sowell, trust me, And as an individualist, that's the only question matters, right, And anybody who would extrapolate that to a sou Malhike won't be able to survive the job because he's a blackfellow. Well, you're an idiot and you don't deserve to have that blackfellow's talents in your organization. Townsand I'll hire him. You can't. Don't. Don't blind yourself to science because it makes you feel uncomfortable. That's Middle Ages crap, and we should have evolved from that.
Speaker 2: From that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was so proud of how I'd wrapped it all up with that sentence. I stumbled over the words. Maybe that next generation will be smart enough.
Speaker 2: To finish the sentence unlike me. Stupid, stupid, stupid, one crick.
Speaker 1: Extrapolation would be if we evolve faster than we thought in the past, than this evolving to a more sedentary lifestyle where we don't work with our hands. Getting back to what Sting was talking about or whatever, should happen quicker.
Speaker 2: Than maybe we were thinking about. It could happen eventually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ail wipe us out before that, unfortunately, but eh.
Speaker 1: Good transition, right, there. Trump just now signed an AO executive order. That's a fairly big deal. We'll talk about that among other things on the way.
Speaker 4: He yet.
Speaker 1: Got my letters mixed up before the break, I said Trump was signing an executive order about AO.
Speaker 2: No, it's an.
Speaker 3: EO about AI EI aio.
Speaker 2: It's an AO no an EO about AI. There you go.
Speaker 1: Executive order about artificial intelligence that Trump just signed that asked technology companies to give the government oversight of new AI models before releasing them to the public. This is a shift for an administration that had been more hands off so far, follows months of debate. They were looking at doing this back in May and then decided not to. The new executive order shifts the White House from it's anything goes approach with AI companies, which the President also known as liberty, which the President had said was necessary for us to compete in the race with China, to more hands on stance. The new order asks tech companies to give the government a shorter thirty day window for their new AI models to be reviewed by the government before they are publicly publicly released. The idea that there's anyone in government that has the slightest idea what would be a good regulation or a bad regulation or whatever is hilarious, hard.
Speaker 2: No populist nonsense. There are like.
Speaker 3: Eight people in the world that really understand this, and they don't work in the government well, and they're continually befuddled by a team Yeah, and they don't understand it themselves. China ain't regulating it is populous nonsense. People are worried about AI, rightfully, they're booing it at college graduation ceremonies. The average worker is concerned layoffs blah blah blah, and so they're saying, yeah, we're standing up and doing something about this evil AI.
Speaker 1: Which seems to mostly be a Democrat position, although Trump doesn't care about that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: He's a populist.
Speaker 3: The Republican Party is making overtures to the teamsters, starting to go populist on various things like the minimum wage. That's uh yeah, the Democrats Party of liberty, economic liberty doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Where's a guy like me supposed to go eventually Uruguay? Anyway, we'll see. Do you see any problems with this? Is this isn't gonna have any free speech issues or anything like that, where it won't hold up because it's an executive order and these things hold until the next president comes along unless you gets shut down by court.
Speaker 3: It'll get shot down by a court, and ultimately it'll go away and no you'll ever refer to it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, check this, Tim stop, Jack and Joe.
Speaker 6: They've got go and if they don't get can they be bats tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe getny. My final thought is going to be refining my previous answer. But let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up to the day. Mike lags Low lead us off. Yeah, I've got into seaweed snacks.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like a fish now.
Speaker 3: My wife got me into them, and so I'm eating all sorts of plants.
Speaker 1: The key sentence being you feel like a fish now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know goldfish and you usually give them seaweed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think so you've never had a pet goldfish. I have had a seaweed snack though, and they are quite delicious. Jack final thought for.
Speaker 2: Us kind of threw me off.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I read Oh, I'm gonna go vote today in person, and I'll have a story about that.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'll be interested to see because I'm gonna just show up at a random polling place, not the one from my neighborhood and no Ida, and just walk in and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Well. Interesting.
Speaker 3: Uh My final thought is I'm trying to think of can the government demand to review a word processor to make sure it's processing words properly or an accounting software before it's released, or because computer stuffs just intellectual property?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure we'll have a lot more info on this by tomorrow. Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling for our workday.
Speaker 3: Interesting new world of legal questions. Man, so many people, thanks a little time. Go to Armstrong and Getty dot com. Check out the Armstrong Getty store pickups Maine g'swagg We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: God bless America. I'm strong in Getty. It's selection day throughout the USA. So you better out of Joe's advice.
Speaker 3: Your civic duty is more important than your health, and we gotta get her rid of the damns the.
Speaker 2: A' don't let ebout to stop you. Head to the polls right now. Don't let about to stop you.
Speaker 3: You can now later, just not right now, don't let Eybota stop you.
Speaker 2: We gotta get a rid of them, damn clown, Armstrong and Getty