Speaker 1: Command this family. Welcome back into the game plan. We kick it with head coach Dan Quinn to get ready for this NFC's rivalry game against the Philadelphia Eagles today and as always we do our must watch matchup so we could get this victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. All that more on the game plan right now. Welcome again our head coach Dan Quinn. Coach big win on the road. What do you take from that win as we move forward.
Speaker 2: A lot anytime you can execute at the end of the game at the level that you want to, there's something to be gained from it. I'd say the first half is the one that you want, but the second half is the one that you need. And you go through ups and downs of the games and how do you come back.
Speaker 3: But I've been a part of.
Speaker 2: Games like that where it goes the other way, where a momentum shift. So at the end, when you get a chance to execute a winning play, you know, to win the game, offensive, defense of your special teams, there's value in it and when you can.
Speaker 3: Deliver on that, that's a really big deal.
Speaker 2: So if it was just one play that you get out of it in a moment like that, to know you can be counted on and deliver, you're never out of it. Like those are powerful things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, obviously there were some penalties specifically like kitting the quarterback and stuff. Obviously good learning moments, right, how do you kind of make those corrections that just say here's some film, this is what the refs call, or like doing something we do in practice that makes that better?
Speaker 2: A little bit of both. Most times logan, the penalties aren't team wide. Sure, it can be a player grabbing, it could be a technique that you have to go and for instance, like with the quarterback, they're smaller, smaller, shorter, shorter back, so lowering your target. You know, if you're matching his hand to go deliver, I got to get it off to the side. The pre snap ones that's just got to go if you're leaving early on a you know, fall start or those ones that comes down to our focus so over and over repetitions, but more than not, you teach specific about the correction and clse.
Speaker 1: Today we're taking on the Philadelphia Eagles for second time. How much does that first game play into what's going to happen today?
Speaker 2: A lot and a little. At the same time, I'll explain what I mean. We know a lot about them. We played them, you know before, and you know, in the first game, although it was close, it was not what we would have loved for our own performance, especially in certain areas. But the thing I would say that they don't know is that we have a lot more under the hood, and so there is things to be gained from that and there's an edge to find.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Usually when you play a division opponent, you kind of think of it in three things. What do I need to start doing, What do I need to stop doing, What do I want to do? Exactly the same because each matchups a little bit different. But if I liked one specific thing, let's do some more of that. We're not going to try this, play this, ski this thing, but we are going to start doing one other thing that we like. So never is it rinse and repeat. When you play the same team, both teams will have a few new things that they haven't shown before. And that's what makes the division game so much fun, especially the second time around in the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you did have, like you know, you said, there were some things you could do better on and maybe some performances that maybe guys that've up to the expectation. As a coach and as a leader, how do you make sure in the in round two you get what you want out of the group and kind of get them motivated to play, and not that they need motivation, but you get them where you wanted them to go.
Speaker 2: The message I told the team the challenge. I told the team, are you ready to go from being a contender to a heavy hitter? And the heavy hitter right now in our division is Philadelphia and they've earned that right for this season so far. And so if you want to be a heavy hitter, and you got to go beat one. And so there's some leveling up that has to go with that. And that's a good thing because now that's what's expected of you to do that. And so that was my message, you know, if you want to you want to take this challenge on. It's going from a contender, which we are, to becoming a heavy hitter. That's a different conversation and it takes a certain attitude to be that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And one of the things that I always thought interesting and it took me a minute to learn in the NFL, was like that there.
Speaker 3: Are levels levels to it.
Speaker 4: Right, So there's you know, you play divisional game bumps up a little bit, playoffs bumps up even more. And how do you make sure that they that all the young people know that, hey man, it's this is going to be kind of a playoff game for you guys, which is kind of exciting the.
Speaker 2: Part for the guys. It does come down into the week. You know, what do you get done on Wednesday and Thursday and Friday as you're leading in Because if the preparation is really good and you know this, man, you're ready for this game. You can't wait for that ball to kick off. And when you have those days that you stack over and over and over again like you're ready for this game. And so that's the path that we want to stay into, not just for this game and but for the next game. And if you practice a championship game mind set, now when you do get into those spaces, you don't have to well we really need to pick it up now, No, you needed to stay in the same pocket of what you do.
Speaker 1: You use the word heavy hit is so when you look at this offense, somebody that exemplifies that is Terry McLaurin. How important is it to keep him involved in this offense, especially early.
Speaker 5: Early, middle, late, all of the above, all the levels right, Yes, And he brings a unique energy to us.
Speaker 2: He is a rare competitor on the field. You feel that type of intensity from him, and so it'll be a big factor for sure, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Between the run game, Terry making.
Speaker 2: Plays on special teams this Like I said, this is a good team and we'll have to play our best game as well, and we're more than capable of doing that.
Speaker 3: But Terry, you know, he's right at the front of that list.
Speaker 4: And it seems like, you know, he's kind of picked up some more targets, some more opportunities kind of with some of the injuries you've had on offense, Like how important is that he's been able to elevate and that Cliff's been able to help him out kind of you know, moving around the formation and in some of those better situations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's the key.
Speaker 2: Just like you said, Logan to say, can he be at the first or the second read more often? And if you can do that and find more opportunities, and I have a sense if Terry gets more targets, there's more production that goes behind that you can't force it. And that's one thing from Jaden that we're extremely proud of. He has a very good conscious about the ball. You know, sit here at plus five in the turnover margin with a rookie quarterback. You know, after fourteen games or so, that's a big deal. And it shows his intentionality about taking care of the ball and not putting it in bad spot. So he knows when to deliver it to Terry, he knows where to and others. And that's one of the things about Jayden that impresses.
Speaker 3: Me and coach.
Speaker 1: We talked a lot about winning in the trenches. What do you want to see from our big guys that offensive line in today's game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a line of scrimmage day, man, and from both sides. This is teams that you know are physical and play that way. You're going to see a lot of four down football from both teams. Both teams are exceptional on fourth down. You know, I have had big success both ways. So it'll go all the way through the running game, the line of scrimmage, but in this game specifically, both teams are capable of playing four down football, and that's a big deal in the run game because some third downs don't necessarily mean all passing downs, and there could be some runs on some different downs and different distances that could be the real factor in the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna ask you a question about John Carter, but then you brought that up about the fourth down stuff, and like, just how does that change? You know, that ability that they have and that kind of willingness to go forward in those situations.
Speaker 3: Excuse me to.
Speaker 4: Kind of say, hey, we got to be more aggressive on first and second down to keep them out of these third and short fourth and sort situations that.
Speaker 2: I think is the deal because in the especially the third and one and fourth and one, they're so affected. Yeah, and so you don't want to live in a short yardage game. So from the run game to defending the passes creating some takeaways, you know, to one less possession or another less possession. And the field position is going to be big here. It's outdoors going to be cold today as we're going through that. Like, those field positions are a big deal. And so kicking the field goal versus going it on fourth and two in you know, in traditional field goal range. But there's a team that you have to be bold with. Like I said, they've proven to be the heavy hitter in our division so far this year, and you have to be bold, you know, going against.
Speaker 1: Him and coach looking at our defense. We got to see Marshawn Lattimore out on that field. How great was it to see him? And how do you feel he fared his first time out with the burnie and gold.
Speaker 2: You know, if you have that quiet of a performance, that's an excellent day in the passing game for a corner. I love the intensity that he plays with the mindset of competing, of what he stands for as a ballplayer. That showed up to me in such a strong way. And I love that he plays a position that oftentimes people aren't seen in that type of physicality and play making ability and he is and so he fits in fantastically in terms of a commander mindset.
Speaker 4: Defensively, Yeah, it was kind of cool watching him on the sideline because you watched a lot of corners watch a lot of defensive backs, and he's kind of a bigger guy. He's got some good play strength, Like it's something that you don't think of as being important for the position, but you know, is it important to be able to kind of have this. Obviously the movement skills are important, but that strength associated with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we have all seen some of the talented size and speed receivers you know, that are in the NFL today, and so it takes somebody that has the strength to go and match up onto those kind of players. And so Marshawn has not only done that, but he has the strength to do that, to stay in to, you know, to reroute somebody, to stay attached to somebody, that's a big deal.
Speaker 1: Can you talk a little bit about how his leadership has impacted these young guys, because I was talking to know It last week and he was saying, I used to watch more growing up and now he gets to play with him. Can just talked about his leadership and what he brings in that front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think there's some wisdom of some things that he can share in his own way. And that's what's been good to have him back at practice now. Even in practice, we're able to use the tablets see video, explain things, see the receiver outside the numbers, look at the stem of this route, to just some tricks of the trade, and it's so valuable when it comes from a teammate or a peer. The coaching we always do that, but when it comes, you know, from your teammate, it just carries more and he's able to deliver on that.
Speaker 1: And we're seeing those effects happen pretty quickly, right, Mike, sayd is so Guy's second career interception? What have you seen from the rookie we talked about all the time.
Speaker 2: He gave him a little tight We thought two and three yes, yes, and so we definitely didn't let him.
Speaker 3: Off the hook for that. But he is a remarkable.
Speaker 2: Rookie player leadership follow through the competitor, what he stands for as a ballplayer. He is going to have a fantastic career. He has the traits that you saw earlier from the Wagoners, how it was so important to get it right, to get to the details. And Bobby was like that as a young linebacker. He was hungry for all the information, and Mike is exactly the same. He wants to find the details, get to it. He loves to compete. There's nothing that's going to set him back, and he has that makeup in.
Speaker 4: Him, and he does seem to have a knack for turning the football over. Like obviously the ball skills stuff makes sense because he played received a receiver, right, But there's also like an awareness when he's in the pile he's pulling for the ball like. I know you talk about turnovers lot, but there does seem something to be kind of an eight in him in terms of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent, the ability to think about it, have awareness for it. Some can and some can't, and he has that part of it. It's not just the ball skills. You're right, he'll punch it out. He can see it and make the play, and others are just so focused sometimes on just the opponent they're going against, they fail to see the leather and Mike does not. He can see it, and there's others that can as well. But I really feel his trajectory is really on the way up.
Speaker 1: And Coach, I know better than to look forward at all. I know it's all about today. I know we got in trouble with that last week. However, all the media, all social media, everybody wants to look forward, wants to look at the playoff and all that. How do you keep your guys locked in on today's game and keep them from getting too far ahead.
Speaker 3: If you're not fired up for today's.
Speaker 2: Game, many pulse, bro, you're looking past this when like you're in the wrong business. And I just wouldn't want to miss anything like this. I wouldn't want to miss one one step of it with them, And that's what makes being on this journey with them so much fun, Like no need to worry about down the line when we could just man have a blast doing what we're doing and stay right into it.
Speaker 1: Coach, we don't want to miss a second of today's game. Before we get to that, y'all got to get in the film room. Coach, we appreciate your time, all right, Thanks guys, Command is family. We know you are enjoying the game plan. However, if you want to see Coach and Logan Pulse it break down plays in the film room, you could check that out on the Commander's YouTube page. Logan is always our ticket to a win? Are these must watch matches?
Speaker 3: You got sixty seconds? You're ready? Ye get into it first? One? Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: So their receivers versus our secondary specifically Mike Sanders Still and Marshawn Latimore. And again, like when these guys are playing well, these guys these two quarters and they can kind of negate some of what these guys do on the perimeter. It allows us to play heavier boxes and stop Sakhord and Barkley in the run game, which is gonna be a huge deal in this match.
Speaker 3: It'll be nice to have Latimore this time. Next one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is maybe the most one of the most I'm excited to watch. Right we got the defensive line versus the offensive line for the Commanders, and again they kind of got the better of us in the first time. But after watching this group versus Tennessee, I'm like, man, they've got to sit him. They can win this competitive matchup. If we can run the football, gonna bode well, we can possess the ball.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a great day for us. While boys is first moved, like to say.
Speaker 4: And then the last one, Oh, Vic Fangio versus Cliff Kingsbury and Jaye Daniels. And this is important because he plays all these covered structures that look very very similar. Ken Cliff helped Jayden out to make have a much more productive performance. I think so can't wait to see what the wrinkles.
Speaker 1: These are your must watch matchups and your key to a victory against the Philadelphia Eagles for Hey, coach Dan Quinn, Brian Cowen Junior, and Logan Paulson.
Speaker 3: This is the game plan.
Speaker 1: Cel next Sunday and enjoy the gang command of his family.