Speaker 1: Morning. Everybody is the j n V.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne, the guy we are the breakfast club on the Ross is hanging with us today as well, and we got some special.
Speaker 1: Guests in the building.
Speaker 3: Is a gentleman, Jagged Edge.
Speaker 1: In a minute. It's been a minute man growing up a little bit. That's right.
Speaker 3: I always like to say this. This is one of the groups that you guys don't break up at all, y'all, But how we see every r B group, there's always a breakup.
Speaker 4: There's always man, we we like each other.
Speaker 1: Half the group is us. We love each other. Is the one that be fighting no.
Speaker 5: Doubt, find days.
Speaker 2: Over you fight no more.
Speaker 6: Just so are in Atlanta, Yeah yeah, all of us.
Speaker 2: That's where you're originally from.
Speaker 1: Me and him from connectic Connecticut, Connecticut.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, shout out on the street.
Speaker 3: Let's I always like the stuff from the beginning when you guys come here. So how did y'all guys form the group? For people that don't know, how did Jagged Edge form?
Speaker 1: All? Right? Whoever want to take this?
Speaker 4: Well, me and my brother was in the womb, but we had this group when we first got to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: You know, we was about fifteen years old, like.
Speaker 4: First to somebody. So we were in another group when we first got to Atlanta, not we first got there, but when we first started singing, and it was two other guys and we sang it the church picnic. Kyle was at the church picnic. He came to at the church and said, listen, man, I got a group. Why once y'a dropped the other two and come get with.
Speaker 1: So we didn't know that though.
Speaker 4: We used to see kyl Ord anyway because me and him was basketball players and his cousin was playing on our team.
Speaker 1: So we knew each other from that in passing.
Speaker 4: And then once we actually sat down and talked and we realized he could sing two, we put it together. It was another member at first, and uh he fills with out somewhere along the way, and we picked that winger. And you know what I mean, I've been together ever since we about fifteen know, we've been in this group.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 2: Now, where did the name come from?
Speaker 1: The name came from?
Speaker 4: If y'all remember, I think back to I think I want to say like ninety one ninety two. It was a group came out of Atlanta called a Few Good Men. They were signed to the face, So just the name of their group got me looking at movie titles. And during this time, I happen to be at Candy House, right, and she had all these movies, like all these just you know, rolls of movies, and I started looking at the movies and when I seen the movie.
Speaker 1: Jagged it It's almost like it jumped out, like hey, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And so I said to them and everybody was like yeah, Like not one person pushed back.
Speaker 1: Everybody was like, yeah, that's the dope.
Speaker 7: And this was after y'all were already signed to You had a relationship with Candy before?
Speaker 4: Yes, only like a year, like a year prior to us signing, Okay, And.
Speaker 8: What was the relationship was it just like music stuff like well we went to.
Speaker 4: School, We're gonna went to school with Candy. They was in high school together, graduated. So when we did our demo, he had took the Candy House just playing it for just like you know, getting her approval. Wasn't even trying to get a deal or nothing. She liked it so much she was like she called Win the one day, like you still in that group, y'all still you're still trying to get a deal. He was like, yeah, so we made the deal with Kenny. If you get us a deal, you can manage us. She got us a deal. So she was our first manager.
Speaker 7: She gets to the money in the business side. How was she How was she as a manager in the early days.
Speaker 1: I mean she was getting a seat with.
Speaker 9: But I'll always tell anybody, like as far as being an active artist and trying to manage, you know, manages somebody's like having kids, right, you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, you gotta be up for them.
Speaker 9: Five thirty phone calls and it's just a lot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So, and also to shout out to Tiny too, because she was just as instrumental some them. Without Tiny she was like the direct link to JD on the business.
Speaker 1: Side, you know what I mean. So without her, when I.
Speaker 3: Did y'all want to sign a social death at the time, was that the goal? Like that's where y'all wanted to go?
Speaker 1: I mean, we had to be honest. We had a couple of deals on the table.
Speaker 4: It was rowdy Mercury Mercury at the time, remember Mercury. It was rowdy Mercury and then Social Deff came in there at the end of those offers, and I just think, you know, Kenny did what she said was what she was going to do, and that meant a lot.
Speaker 1: So we was gonna do it, we said we was going to do.
Speaker 6: How instrumental was the Jamaine de Prie Uh with y'all now, like, do y'all still like call him about music?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: For all original parts by one?
Speaker 1: I know, I mean, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Jamaine, that's our guy forever. But you know, as much as I love Jamaan, I hit Jamn about all.
Speaker 1: Kinds of ship.
Speaker 4: But you know, it's it's rough to get your man right if.
Speaker 1: He ain't a part of it. You know what I'm saying. I've had I've had a tough time.
Speaker 4: Getting his involvement in things that he wasn't really you know, spearheaded. Honestly, Jamaine is why we are writers and producers, well at least producers. We was always writers, But through dealing with him, we're not like, you can't just put us on the back bround. We're not, you know what I mean, You can't tie our hands, you can't. So we figured out how to go make beats ourselves, you know what I mean, learn how to play the keys ourselves learn how to do this stuff for So he's a big reason why. And I'm not saying the negative way, just understanding that it takes more than just one man to stop when we try to, you know.
Speaker 5: And one thing about us, man, we're not petty, you know what I'm saying. For us, we kind of respect the blending, the chance, so we respect the blessing and keep it moving. But we was already a sel contained group already writing. It was already like what we're gonna wear on the show, So we really didn't need anything but the money, I guess.
Speaker 1: Nothing but everything.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but much love to ja. We just know it's a lot of bashing when it.
Speaker 1: Comes to none of that. We ain't doing that.
Speaker 4: What did y'all leave SoCal Death and why we actually Social death left us?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: He had a situation with Columbia. They couldn't get on the same page, so he left and went to what do you go.
Speaker 1: First? Right?
Speaker 4: So he went to Arista, and Columbia basically told him if you want them, you don't have to pay it for a football team. And Jenny was like, I don't want him that bad. Let him take us in so we wanted to go, but you know what I mean, it wasn't in the cars at the time.
Speaker 3: When you left that time, that's when it completely stopped. He never said I'm not writing for your producers because you weren't on the label at that time.
Speaker 1: We got back together with you made two different times.
Speaker 4: We went we went to death genuine Jamaine, and then we did an album with E two of Jamaine. So yeah, I mean we've we've You know, music, the music game in itself is a complicated business, and I think you know, keeping your relationships tight is something that you have to do. But at the same time, if you can't get on the same page with somebody, you have your own goals and your own dreams, and that's what you got to follow, you know.
Speaker 6: And that's what we did, knowing that you'll still like, let's get married and promised and all that, Like.
Speaker 8: How does that feel?
Speaker 6: The not that I just saw a video of the went viral with somebody had proposed to the girl.
Speaker 4: And the.
Speaker 6: Reactions from that other than it being funny and they should have picked somebody else, like.
Speaker 8: Like knowing that that ship still hit.
Speaker 4: It's love, I love, It's an amazing feeling like you know, we saw much the other day, Like we definitely didn't get it to be a one hit wonder, right, and we definitely wanted to have a you know, a career that was you.
Speaker 1: Know, filled with you know, longevity.
Speaker 4: So when you see things like that, you realize you don't hit your mark a little bit, you know what I mean. But we ain't done, no, but yeah, it feels good though.
Speaker 8: Breaking twenty five years of the Jay Harbery.
Speaker 7: What are some like story because I know you guys have probably been like just reminiscent because it's twenty five years and celebrating. What are some stories that, like, we probably never heard in the making of some of the iconic songs.
Speaker 8: So let's get married. He can't love you like that, Like Brian, you're laughing.
Speaker 1: It's you were close.
Speaker 4: Like we got so many stories, but it's like, how many of them is really suitable for TV?
Speaker 8: This goes on TV through t B though, so you.
Speaker 1: Can say whatever the hell you want to.
Speaker 8: For you a drink? Are you comfortable?
Speaker 6: I saw an interview, Uh Beyonce, Dad like threw y'all off of a.
Speaker 1: You like when it happened.
Speaker 4: Somebody said to us, y'all gonna be talking about this for the rest of and then it was damn right, y'all still be talking about.
Speaker 2: You know what happened.
Speaker 4: So basically, we was on tour with Desty Child and at the time, Matthew was our manager, so we were sharing the tour.
Speaker 1: Bus, us and Child, we all on one to.
Speaker 4: Was that boss, and so, you know, I think it's probably well documented that LaToya has had different issues with you know, the crew. This particular night, Latoya's mom was on the road shot and ms Pam obviously had issues with the crew. So Matthew called, even though he wasn't in the city. He called back to the role manager like, you know, miss Pam ain't getting on that bus, and we was like, well, we're not leaving her in the middle of Louisa morning, so she is gonna get on the bus.
Speaker 1: That dude had the police called on us, had us.
Speaker 4: Removing So yeah, I mean, but you know, we just felt like, whatever the issue is, it can't be that serious that you're gonna leave somebody out here and you're not.
Speaker 1: Even here with somebody.
Speaker 10: If it was your mom, hey man, you know we're from I mean originally, but We're from the South, and you know, so we kind of felt that, like man, Mama's boys an obligation, but we wanted to Matthew, you by the bath through them at one of the concerts, shouts out to Matthew.
Speaker 1: But not going by that bath.
Speaker 2: Story.
Speaker 7: So because you were doating a tabby at the time, Brendon. And then so she told the story in the radio station. She was saying that you took up for the group, like you you were the one about to go off, so you was at the.
Speaker 4: Bathroomall we all did. But I definitely I went in the room with the girls. You know, I just seen it like like I said, like if it was my mother, it would have been worse than that, like I would have turned it would have it would have gotten nasty and ugly.
Speaker 1: So I didn't want it to go that far.
Speaker 4: So I tried to have a conversation with the girls. I couldn't talk to Matthew. He didn't he didn't make hisself available. But you know, I tried to make the other girls, who you know was in the group with LaToya, you know, support her, and they all just kind of let me know that they had different issues with LaToya.
Speaker 1: And her mother, And that's why it.
Speaker 4: Was this bad, even to be fair to them, because I talked to Kelly about this after that, and it got to a point where she even felt like, well, at this point, it's out of my hands. Once Matthew took control of it, they didn't feel like they even had much of us say anyway.
Speaker 1: So you know what I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to ask too. They used to put Pick One twelve against you guys, right absolutely, and it was it was a thing.
Speaker 2: Was it ever a beef or was it just always fun?
Speaker 1: It was Charlemagne did it? Man?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 4: It was never a real beef, Like I don't know how many people knowing this with them guys like brother stuff. Like out of all the male groups we've been on shows with or just been around or in our era, I should say One twelve is our closest friend.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it was never a real beef. But it got a little testy.
Speaker 2: Right at what point it What happened?
Speaker 4: What was the reason When we was coming back from a tour we was on and we was pulling into.
Speaker 2: The city, men, y'all kicked them out.
Speaker 4: We just heard them on the radio talking to talking to trash and me and Cot just being a bee line and where they was at, I'll take my brain. It was just me and here we knew how far was there. We didn't even care. We was ready to do whatever had to be. That of remote one.
Speaker 1: Three, Ryan Cameron playing in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: He was playing in hollywoods you know how old that is planning Hollywood. So they was doing the album I guess the release.
Speaker 1: It was something. They were doing something. They were doing something and live remote.
Speaker 5: They was subliminately talking and he said, uh, well, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: No he said this, I'll never get it.
Speaker 4: I don't know if Ryan camera had asked him the question, but you said something like how could Jackie be the best group they got to They only got two lead singers a cheerleader.
Speaker 1: Man, and I said, hey, wow that guy. None that happened, like nothing happened. We wanted bro. I was sleep that day.
Speaker 4: I don't know, ain't written nobody else.
Speaker 9: And I honestly think like Ryan, because they was trying to pick they were trying to put us on tour together. So Ryan was trying to create something to like to drive the traffic.
Speaker 1: But you can't telling nothing like he was taking a second and we'll talk ship back really good, you know what I mean. But you wouldn't say that nowhere.
Speaker 9: I mean because I actually I was the first person ever seen that group before, you know what, I'm the one turned them onto that management.
Speaker 1: They had to did before us, you see what I'm saying. So it's almost like this liked he was almost in one. Yeah, like they were gonna try to put me in there for something that you know. I mean again, and this.
Speaker 9: Was before I was in Jagged Edge, you know what I'm saying. So again like we do need guys yay high. But again so but like I said, you can't it start something without letting us know and.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 5: With the fake beef. A lot of people.
Speaker 1: Doing that.
Speaker 8: I ain't tell y'all wouldn't have been with.
Speaker 3: RMB singers because I mean I've seen y'all go crazy turn a lot of times. But do you feel like as an R and B singer, you think people take a soft and sometimes you got to prove yourself situation.
Speaker 5: Get jumped, you want to your getting jumped, But pretty much nothing.
Speaker 4: And I talked about it sometimes, you know, like that stigma to me is no one us play it out Number two. I don't know them RM niggas. Who'll be talking about who is them? Niggas Like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know who they are? All get it in.
Speaker 12: I don't know. Of course, we know Tred come on down. We know crazy ass Chris come person, Gen.
Speaker 1: Plaguy. Everybody can think up. I really know. I don't know them niggas. It's not easy win what it is. We're from the same places around. We grew up in the R and B.
Speaker 7: How often do people bring up the Cisco fight?
Speaker 1: They spared that man his way because that's my man.
Speaker 8: You know, we're from whatever.
Speaker 4: Message to do some clips in there.
Speaker 5: We're trying to do something about how you say I had the sun them.
Speaker 1: It wasn't about nothing. It was messing around.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ended up getting you know, I guess he end up.
Speaker 5: He said, yeah, yeah, he was getting Actually I was chilling and I ain't fnnadue. I know I wasn't the aggressive, but I want with the bullship either like chill out and if you can it's on the video if you can see, I'm like, yo, man, chill out. And he was trying to like, oh man, I'm losing this. You gotta lose.
Speaker 1: He didn't throw not one.
Speaker 9: He wasn't really doing the ura, the walk out on the fast, and that bodyself.
Speaker 1: Was already gone. Your squashed all yeah, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, quiet as it's kept. We fucked with all the groups. Some of them have had issues with us, with everybody, man, straight up, I got respect for all of them all.
Speaker 3: Now, there was a time where I feel like R and B died out a little bit. Right now it's back like crazy, everybody doing an R and B party, R.
Speaker 4: And B every city.
Speaker 3: So during that time when R and B died a little bit, how did you guys survive?
Speaker 2: Because I seem tours slowed down, music slow down for R and B. Everybody's saying R and B died.
Speaker 1: How did y'all none of it?
Speaker 4: Like us, we never had a period where we wasn't booked, you know. I think that's probably why the music hasn't come as often as it should, because we've been on the road, you know what I mean. So at this point we kind of looking at our career like would we be happy, like just torn for the rest of our lives? No, because we creators and we really and we really are musicians, So you know, that's why we that's why we came with this out. And I ain't gonna lie. I never respected it, no way. You can't just shut down the whole time. What's your complaint? What all R and B sound? Don't all hip hop sounded? Don't want country?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 4: What what does that mean? Thats why it's the genre exactly. That's exactly what genre that's going to be inside that.
Speaker 8: So what is gonna be?
Speaker 6: What can we expect different from all original parts? Like where did that title come from?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 6: And just for the record, y'all know they're not bumping this in the trains disco all original parts?
Speaker 1: You stupid?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Crazy. It's like then I was like, they're gonna come. That's too that it just signifies the fact that.
Speaker 4: You know, even not even not even just our era, since groups have been a thing, they've all broken up, you know what I mean? And Jackson's broke even Jackson, So you know, us being the one group who's never broken up, we wanted to kind of capitalize on that.
Speaker 1: That's why it's called all original part.
Speaker 8: Do you ever get worried that?
Speaker 1: Oklahama, No, no.
Speaker 7: Do you guys ever get worried that like trying to top the how big your other songs are?
Speaker 4: Like no, no, no, I mean I guess you know there's a possibility that we might not ever have songs bigger than It's.
Speaker 2: A possible you know, music that ever again.
Speaker 4: Right, But I just think we don't let it stop the creative process.
Speaker 1: It's the same for us because.
Speaker 4: And I mean we was were people understand, like one hundred percent responsible for our music. So it's the same same chemistry, same guy, same you know, same wheels on the car, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So we don't look at We just go in there and do what we do.
Speaker 5: And to add to what Brian is saying, I mean we this album said that other day? Was that an interview? You can't look at this eleventh album all the original parts like you look at Jay Hartbury. You feel what I'm saying, Like, give yourself a chance to sit down, listen to the song and just let it flow. You feel what I'm saying. A certain songs grow on you slow and before you know it, you be like, yo, this ship. You know what I'm saying. At first it wasn't but now you know what I'm saying, So please don't come up to us talking about this ain't got to be.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear that, take your head.
Speaker 3: Remember when y'all made some of those classic records, and do y'all know they were gonna be smashed as soon as you made it? Like when you made Let's Get Married, made promise, did y'all know like, oh, this is gonna be it?
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 4: Kind I ain't gonna lie like you know, and you know even when you look at songs like he can't Love you right, every so on we ever put out, we understood what it should be doing like we understood the only reason to drop he came before Let's Get Married was because he can't sound that like nothing on the radio. We knew Let's Get Married was gonna be the biggest, but we knew if you come in a song like this it sounds like nothing, it's gonna make that role for Let's Get Married even bigger.
Speaker 3: And we kind of get married gonna be that legacy song that whre y'all going, your kids.
Speaker 1: Going, your kids kids going to heavy.
Speaker 4: This man was mad that we dropped he can't love you Let's Get.
Speaker 9: Married it just did something to you know what, I'm like.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 1: You don't want to drop this on But that's why.
Speaker 9: I never put my opinion on the record like that. You know I'm saying because at the end of the day, I knew he can't love you.
Speaker 5: Was super dope.
Speaker 1: It was a smash. But let's get married.
Speaker 9: And you know again, I'm one of them anxious guys.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's the set up about now that brocause let's get married.
Speaker 8: Long time we're all doing those songs.
Speaker 1: What was right?
Speaker 4: You understand, like we was writing song eighteen nineteen years old, listen. So we talked about one reason we went there route is because what preceded us was what Josie freaking you are, Kelly freakingly that was. It was so prevalent that that was the thing.
Speaker 1: Like how do we we don't want to do we don't want to just spit in with you.
Speaker 5: Know.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying that back then.
Speaker 2: A lot of that was sex.
Speaker 6: You know, y'all were young, and uh, promise, Brandy, you wrote that for.
Speaker 1: No for me, for me, for me. I've been feeling this question. She did that interview. Listen. We're we're a team song.
Speaker 4: We're a songwriting team, right, So no matter what my piece of the song may be about, that, don't mean the whole.
Speaker 1: Song is about that.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Because I think when you're a songwriter, it's not always an exact story. Sometimes it's pieces of a story that you're turning into one story.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, there was a piece in there about the Yeah, but my part wasn't. But I love.
Speaker 2: You know, I was going to ask you, do you have a problem.
Speaker 3: I feel like nowadays, brothers don't beg for the vagina.
Speaker 1: They don't. We girls don't make them. The girls don't make it.
Speaker 6: Not even that they don't, is that the girls don't make them.
Speaker 8: He can't you.
Speaker 1: He was outside her house.
Speaker 5: Just like you know, you had to lead up and just like you know, take about.
Speaker 4: An hour and a half, so you were you were like hell, press to not let it go.
Speaker 1: Just a lot different.
Speaker 3: Now, how does that affect the right now? Because now it's nobody's begging for nothing no more?
Speaker 1: Right, I mean.
Speaker 4: Next week, I mean with us, you know, we're trying to like even on when our last independent releases, we had a song called I forgot what it was called, but we talked about. They talked about how you know, love ain't cool no more. Our goal is trying to make it cool again.
Speaker 1: If you love too much?
Speaker 4: To me, that's how can how can you loving somebody make you a simp? Like that thought is some simp ship If you asked me like that, don't make no sense to me, you know what I mean. So that's what we're still coming from, coming from the then, and we're still coming from that same point.
Speaker 1: Of view, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I think that's you know, there's too much homeboy love out that man. It's all good to have your homeboyler.
Speaker 6: Kick it with the home about the guys.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily like you need your team, right, that's necessary thing. You don't want to put too much attention there and then your girl feeling some type of moment.
Speaker 5: But you see in the club, I mean v I p stess for the girls are like back in the day.
Speaker 4: Used to be you see like everything because because like sometimes I see them talking and he was like, man, I'm a killing niggas when I hit the streets.
Speaker 1: And then we used to be like, I'm gonna kill them all.
Speaker 8: How I used to dress back in the day, they used to.
Speaker 6: You know, when you think of like an R and B group, you know it's nice and you know and all that. Niggas used to dress like they about to shoot the game.
Speaker 2: Like some thug.
Speaker 1: I used to love saying about the video, like all.
Speaker 3: Right, you got into a car wrecks and we broke your neck. Yeah, man, break there, what happened?
Speaker 6: I break that down after you said, come on, take that down, comedian, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: When I was in two car accidents inside of like nine months, damn. The first one, I just broke my leg in two places. I had some risk contusions and a not on my head. And then the second.
Speaker 2: One, what happened in the card you fall asleep on.
Speaker 4: I was coming down the street, like you know how Atlanta, we got all those you know doing you turn to turn. So I'm coming this way. It's a car sitting right here, and I'm knowing he see me. I see him, and as I get this close, then he wants to turn. Even though I stopped my breaks as hard as I could, I still hear him. He was at fault, like I said, just tore my car up, tore me up. But the next one was really that's what really messed me up my jack knife. No tea to call a t bone when somebody righting a million car.
Speaker 1: I was sitting down a light and that accident.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting down a light and I hear these shots rang out and next thing you know, I guess the person who got hit he lost control of his vehicle and he just right into my vehicle on the driver side. I broke my neck. I had five broken rivers on this side. One on this side. I got a scout laceration right here. A lot of it was a lot with that one.
Speaker 7: I know, it's pretty emotional for Hall and you talked about it, and you got emotional for the rest of you guys when you all heard about the second accident, Like what were you guys reaction and like kind of what was that like for.
Speaker 8: You all as well?
Speaker 5: I was. I was scared because I didn't know what to expect. You know what I'm saying, And I'm gonna keep it. I don't have my license, but don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: This ma ain't never had a license. But but I.
Speaker 5: Mean, you know, my wife was like, you know, once I heard it, I'm like, babe, I got to get out of here. I'm damnar falling down the steps to get in my ob and but in my mind I'm just praying. I'm like, Lord, please don't come. I mean, it's such a cliche, like I say to hear about artists playing accident, motorcycle, accident, car wreck. So I'm and then it's like this is the second one, you know. And so we got up there. When I got there because I know the other guys are showing up, I seen him and I'm like, okay, okay, he's not well.
Speaker 1: But it's still him.
Speaker 5: He won't take a nick brainstor take this up. I said, what need to good?
Speaker 4: I'm like, he was in pain, you know, And like for me, you know, it was the worst day of my life. I ain't gonna lise you because the way I heard, because somebody told me. First they told me he got shot because they heard the gun shots. They said he got shot. Then he got hit. So you know, you know, this is my guy, you know what I mean? Like, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I can't say about it either.
Speaker 9: Yeah for me, I mean, you know again, I'm gonna always say this man, a family that prays together stays together, you know what I mean? So I merely just dropped on my knees man and sent one up. You know what I mean, God fixed this, you know what I'm saying. That's leave it and put it in your hands.
Speaker 2: The guy that got shot that he make it or.
Speaker 6: I don't know what kept you, uh during your healing process, like what.
Speaker 1: My girl, my kid? Yeah, I ain't a lot. They took care of me everything.
Speaker 4: It was when I first got to the house, it's all good.
Speaker 1: Been a hell of a year man.
Speaker 2: So seriously, when you're breaking neck, you just like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And like I said, when I got there, you know one thing about him, you.
Speaker 1: Know, he was trying to be in the best spirit.
Speaker 4: Still it was hard, but he was trying, you know what I'm saying. So that got me too, just seeing how strong he really is, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, do you look at life differently as a group and just people, because it's it has to change the way you look.
Speaker 5: And the way you move.
Speaker 2: So when you say goodbye to your girl and your wife and your kids, it has to change all of that, all of us. You just never know when it's that time and think it wasn't.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something, man, were so blessed to be here. You gotta think like fifteen. We met each other at fifteen. You know, we had our love fights and gripes, but we understood the mission and that's to stay together first, well, keep God first, stay together first again after that, and we love what we do, but we love each other. And we knew our mission was, like you said, a lot of songs back then, R and B was a little soft. It was still good songs, but still it was kind of soft. And then you had song it was kind of freaky, and so we definitely came up with the concept where we won't speak on behalf of brothers like dj inby Jagged Is you wear Timbo's, who wear Jordan's You know what I'm saying. We know we're just not throwing on the suit and be more relatable about hey, I'm hurt, you hurt me, baby, and we need to talk about this, you know what I'm saying, or you know, or I promised to stay there with you, although you know you may be going. I want to learn what I need to do better. So we knew that the message was more powerful coming from something real instead of something that the label or the audience kind of expect we know it's a little deeper than that. You know, usually has a message behind it.
Speaker 1: I'm super glad of the rock we took. Man.
Speaker 9: We never wanted to wanted to exclude anybody from from my music or you know what I mean, like the school, this certain sale, to this certain our block, or this certain type of people.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 9: One thing about we all have a common is we have love somebody or wanted to love somebody, you know what I mean. And that's a universal language for us.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Love. So that's what we're going to promote.
Speaker 3: And I always want to know how how you'll always stay so humble, right, been in this industry a long time, and every time I see y'all or you see your fans, you guys always smile, You always take you always shake hands, and you don't see that A lot put that into you because like I said, I know you guys a long time, and you guys treated me the same when I was on.
Speaker 2: Radio, and y'all don't know, but I has to tell people all my cousin, but you're.
Speaker 8: Not is here.
Speaker 1: I used to tellybody else my cousin for real, like.
Speaker 4: That one other time, somebody said to me that y'all actually could because because you are you from up top to you're from up North, you're from up They're just saying like it ain't a lot of y'all up top like that you'll might be late somewhere.
Speaker 7: That maybe that's really crazy to.
Speaker 8: Really crazy, but that's really.
Speaker 1: Really important to us our fans.
Speaker 9: Man, We we do recognize that, like that's that's one of the main reasons we're still here as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know what, like that's part of the reason for us for our image being what it is. Like we felt like the acts that came a force was almost like this fairy tale untouchable thing. We never wanted that. We just spoke regular niggas this sing you know what I'm saying, That's all we wanted. We want to look like.
Speaker 7: So, I know, y'all chose the songs that you made because you said you wanted to cut through, But how did you choose who you worked with in the song it's already for y'all, y'all are all la together. But y'all were very particular about who you featured on songs and who he worked But how did y'all at eighteen nineteen choose that.
Speaker 1: Now a lot of a lot of time was Jamaine who chose that?
Speaker 4: But when it wasn't you know, even back then in our early twenties, teenage years, we sit down at a table like a boardroom, and we have ideas and we toss them around, and you know, some don't make it, some do. But we're very intentional about the things that we're doing. So we sit down, we discussed it.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 8: Got a favorite song on the album It Changed.
Speaker 1: Every Day to me is the single I'm gonna keep it real. I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Love the singles that's going on.
Speaker 1: He's like that on every album.
Speaker 9: Cheese Burger with cheese from the heart, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But so when the time we get a man, we get a bop.
Speaker 9: Come on, man, that's the that's man like, that's a bop.
Speaker 2: What is what is the.
Speaker 1: Just might get it?
Speaker 9: Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.
Speaker 1: Okay. I think for me right now, it's forever love love for me.
Speaker 4: Right now, for me, I'm gonna go with she said what she said, what she said.
Speaker 5: I just text me and said they can't get past that she said.
Speaker 4: What she said, it's gonna grab me. It's one of those songs like if you ain't ready.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be crying. You don't know why you might cry.
Speaker 11: We're playing that yesterday.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 8: You guys don't have any special guests on the tour all the way, all the way, what's your favorite song?
Speaker 5: Let me tell you signing you turn up loud enough. I'm not lawyer to to what's favor because I mean, we was playing the album the other day, the song Whrror.
Speaker 1: He didn't switched.
Speaker 7: Oh, special guests on the tour, like y'all bring anybody out, anybody popping out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's a couple of things been offered to us we just haven't necessarily accepted.
Speaker 1: So we'll see.
Speaker 8: Even with Jagged, absolutely that's.
Speaker 4: The whole point of it, and we plan on doing that, you know, throughout the spring. We probably take out a bigger tour later, you know, midsummertime or something. But this is just for to celebrate the twenty five years of Jay Heartbreak and just still being here, you know what I mean. Honestly, you know, this idea was kind of live, It was kind of Liven's idea, and you know, we just kind of fieled it and we thought, yeah, that would be dope.
Speaker 1: So, like you.
Speaker 4: Said, it's only a few it's about nine dates on that tour, right, and then when that's over, it's it's probably out for the rest of the song.
Speaker 7: You got some some songs that people love that I don't know you're gonna be able to do on the tour, not like the Nasty Girl to trade it and if I come, you know, like you took the words right out of my mouth.
Speaker 9: But that's the next thing I was going to say, Like, we pay attention to our fans. I mean, we've had people hold up signs like with Remedy on it. We actually got cussed out one time overseas. A dude was shooting a bird of us in the audience. He was giving us a finger the entire show. So of course you know we're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Out the entire show. I mean, well, you know, I mean we've seen it, you know, verbatim.
Speaker 9: So we went out in the crowd and after the show whatnot, and we've seen approach was up. It was like, hey man, what's going on, Like, you know, shooting us giving us the finger Time show.
Speaker 1: He was like, because y'all.
Speaker 4: Y'all my life, you know, he said, I know the way y'all was running through those numbers.
Speaker 1: Y'all won't gonna do my song, your song? He was like, we don't even do this song. But now we've added that in the show.
Speaker 9: We've got like a lot of a bunch of new records along with what we are.
Speaker 1: But that's not what she was a louder and I know she was.
Speaker 7: I'm asking the question because I think you know people I know for me, if I come out into midnight with you guys, I do want to hear trade it all is my song, day girls, my song.
Speaker 4: Let me just say this too, right, because we just did. We just had this conversation.
Speaker 1: Last night, right with each other, No with another.
Speaker 4: With the radio station. Diddy, that's you know, that's my brother, that's our brother. Like we've had a good relationship. I can't speak on nobody else's you know, it ain't my business, right, But at the end of that, I can only deal with my interactions with the man, and I'm talking about plenty of them. After being around them thirty forty times, I never seen nothing offended He's never offended me. He always made sure if he was in his space, we felt welcome and like I said, all the other things that other people they can have that. No, I had an uncle win to Jeff for eleven let me shot up my uncle Leric. I had an uncle win to Jeff for eleven year and he was always still just my uncle Lariic and then changed to the point where he's some different guy because he did some some messed up stuff. He's still my uncle Eric. And it's the same with Diddy to me at this point. You know, I don't know if he's in itself he's guilty, but that's my brother, and that's that's all I can say.
Speaker 2: But I do want to ask trade it all y'all surprised, he called y'all.
Speaker 4: And we got more songs with him than they do.
Speaker 1: We get like three four song bro.
Speaker 3: That's why he said the cheerleading in the rocket to.
Speaker 1: The bottom, you know.
Speaker 3: The album definitely pick it up right now and we appreciate you guys.
Speaker 2: Let's get into a joy of that which I want to hear.
Speaker 1: She'll go with the singles video on Friday.
Speaker 8: When the tour start March.
Speaker 1: Twenty sixty dollars.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, there you have it.
Speaker 1: It is jagged, edge y, wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast club