Speaker 1: Wake up, Wake up in the mall, and it's a radio and the Dodgers. He's on time.
Speaker 2: Already.
Speaker 1: Emma's lunchbox, more game too, steve red and it's trying to put you through the fog.
Speaker 3: He's ridding this week's next bit.
Speaker 1: The Bobby's on the box, so you know what this this.
Speaker 3: The Bobby Ball.
Speaker 1: Time for the investigative Morning Corny, where we try to figure out Amy's morning.
Speaker 4: Corny's ready back in ninety seconds on the clock.
Speaker 1: Let's go the morning Corny.
Speaker 2: How does a Christmas tree freshen it smell?
Speaker 4: For wash bath, I'm freshing its smell? A Christmas tree?
Speaker 1: Uh? What about one of those things hanging out a card cart frek cow air freshmener, air freshener, fresh coat, fresh lights.
Speaker 2: He said again, Amy, how does a Christmas tree freshen It's now just.
Speaker 5: Take a bath, perfume, cologne, the air freshener.
Speaker 4: I just think that's Christmas trees in the in the card.
Speaker 3: Oh you unwrap.
Speaker 5: It refreshing its smell.
Speaker 2: How does a Christmas tree fresh and its smell raise.
Speaker 1: For jolly perfume? Okay, we gotta we gotta find oh, perfew that's what I mean, like right, Okay, so we gotta find something about a tree though, so it's gonna be tree related. Leave screen Christmas. The ornaments star on top. This is a hard one. The ornaments, ornament, ornament, ornaments?
Speaker 2: Okay, good gosh, Okay, what a snowmen call their kids?
Speaker 1: Snow kids, snowballs, little little kiddies, snow snow, snowmen, snowflakes, snow kiddies, toddler men. What a snowmen call their kids? Son and daughter? Snow son's no children ball, snowball. She looked at you. Yeah, I know when it's the children. Chill children.
Speaker 4: She didn't mean to give us that one, but I got a good job.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are the best Christmas sweaters.
Speaker 1: Made from h Frankenst's what that one? No, you gotta do tell us the answer. We'll google it if you don't tell us.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are the best Christmas sweaters made from Lease?
Speaker 1: You never would have gotten that one. That ornament.
Speaker 2: Those were hard, hard ornaments. You said what it hangs?
Speaker 1: But then I said ornament. But then he said ornament slower us not even knowing, And.
Speaker 2: Then he said children, and it was like children.
Speaker 5: I said everything without even knowing I was in.
Speaker 1: Those were hard, Okay, what yeah?
Speaker 2: I know sometimes I got to bring in.
Speaker 1: Not proud of it, but I think years ago I was probably a ghoster when I'm a eight people only once or twice, you know, if it wasn't I just the lead, I just got I'm done, I'm out. I died for all intents and purposes, I died. I just would ghost. So no, I don't like that about me. I try to do that anymore. I don't date anymore, but I'm even just with anybody at all. However, somebody on the show just got ghosted. I think it's pretty funny. Amy, who is it? Do you think?
Speaker 2: Gosh hmm, let me think who got ghosted? Morgan?
Speaker 1: So that would be what I would think to sing yep single and it's like, oh I got ghosted again. No, it was Eddie and I'm married, happily happily married, got ghosted? Tell him?
Speaker 5: So, I mean, this is why I don't try to make friends.
Speaker 1: As a dad.
Speaker 5: So I was at the gym and I saw this dad. We hit it off. His son was my son's age, and we started to hit it off. As the term he uses as a dad. Man, you just kind of stick to your own side of the court and you sit there. But no, this dad was cool and we had a lot in common. We talked a lot, talked all night. The sun came up.
Speaker 2: So, by Jim, do you mean you were at the basketball gym?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the basketball Okay, were working out?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, my kid, our kids were playing basketball, and we were just on the side of talking. And then he says at the end, we're like, all right, what's time to go, And he goes, hey, man, let me get your number. Next time you're at the gym. Let's just hook up and let's do this again.
Speaker 1: Lots of words here like hook up, lots of words here like this again, like hit it off.
Speaker 5: Now there was chemistry.
Speaker 4: This vernacular is very much like dating vernacular.
Speaker 1: But go ahead.
Speaker 5: We had chemistry. So I gave him my number. Uh, he gave me his. And then a couple of days later, I'm like, I'm going back to the basketball gym. So I text him nothing, no problem. Maybe he didn't see the text. The next day, I go back, I call him.
Speaker 1: One day, What.
Speaker 2: Do you mean, why would you call him?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: I would be annoyed if somebody didn't text me back.
Speaker 1: However, there are times now occasionally where it's not that I don't want to text back, but if they text me way way early or late at night, but I wake up way early, and I'm like, don't worry, I'll text him at eleven when they're awake. Okay, just five pm, I know, but I'll forget. There are reasons sometimes people don't text back, so I don't think every single text I send that somebody hates me if they don't respond, but not all so I get it. If you text and they don't respond, correct, but you don't call second you text again.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe he's not a text or some people just don't text. Maybe some people call. So I tried calling, went to voicemail. I'm done, we're moving on. So are you hurt?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah? And then this is exactly why I don't try to make friends as an adult.
Speaker 3: Did you leave a voicemail?
Speaker 1: Are you in love?
Speaker 4: Good question in the lext box?
Speaker 1: Did you leave a voicemail?
Speaker 2: No? Did it ring multiple times and then voicemail? Or were you sent to voicemail?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: It rang like five times?
Speaker 1: That's better?
Speaker 4: So can we do an experiment here? And I will say.
Speaker 1: Morgan has been such a great sport when it comes to stuff like this, because we've been like do this, She's like, I don't know, it doesn't really feel like what I would do. Like, just try it for the purposes of growing and learning, even if it doesn't work, like Morgan has done this many times. Can we do this with you right now? Sure? Pola? Phone out? Oh gosh, you're going to make him text?
Speaker 5: Call now?
Speaker 1: No? No call no, don't call anybody ever.
Speaker 4: I hate talking to the phone.
Speaker 1: Never never call him. Goods. Yeah, that will be now, That, though, is better than a call. It's weird when you see a pop up cold call. But I'd rather do a FaceTime than a call. What do you want me to do?
Speaker 4: Okay, send us text? Ready his number?
Speaker 1: What do you have to look for? A heart? Heart? No? I know his name.
Speaker 4: So this is what you're This is what you're gonna write.
Speaker 1: There he is. You're gonna write hey man, hey man, because hey man, straight up, hey man.
Speaker 4: Period reached out a couple of times, reach exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, this hurts, but do you want to grow and we want close in this relationship? I mean after he ghosts follow he didn't ghost you on the car. He didn't ghost him on the call. There needs to be clicking you hear his boys. He said he didn't ghast you on the call. He goes on the text. No, don't say that.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no hurt no.
Speaker 1: No, no, my god, no, Okay.
Speaker 4: Reached out a couple of times, wasn't able to get you.
Speaker 1: Wasn't able to get you. Prop see you around the gym sometimes I'm props, no're not probs, prob prob like probably you're not putting too much time and ride it like a like a full like pro props around the gym a few.
Speaker 6: Times autocorrects trying to make me say probably. Don't hit me up. If you ever want to hang out.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, probs what prob.
Speaker 4: We'll see you around the gym sometime.
Speaker 1: Rob, We'll see you.
Speaker 4: Hit me up if you want to hang out. Have a good holiday, Eddie.
Speaker 2: Gosh, this guy is gonna be like, Hey, he's gonna tell his wife, Hey, there, but our kid can't play with this basketball anymore.
Speaker 5: We're not on a basketball team. That's so cool about it.
Speaker 4: You need the organic, you need this in your heart, so let me know when you have it.
Speaker 1: All down happy holidays? No, just say yeah, have a good holiday. Don't does the happy holidays again too formal? Have a good holiday? Have a good holiday?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 4: Nope, you're not bro.
Speaker 2: You can't say merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: Just just right, just right, have a good holiday.
Speaker 1: That's a dude thing. When you have no ties to say?
Speaker 2: What are you doing for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Say? I got you a present? I need to give it to you.
Speaker 5: He's gone, I have a little something, he's already go.
Speaker 4: Can you meet me today to give you this gift?
Speaker 1: Okay, when you're done, read it to me before you push it. Hope you have a good Christmas?
Speaker 4: No, just holiday.
Speaker 1: And it's not that we don't do Christmas because we all love Christmas. We want to keep Christmas. And when say America saw that, but you want to be like you don't care as possible, like you put in no work? Is just like low key yeah, just low key.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: You know you don't want anything. How do I say by like peace? No mind? No holiday?
Speaker 2: Does he do a period at the end?
Speaker 1: You can if you want. Sometimes I just let it roll at medium to low effort.
Speaker 5: We're done, okay, tell me what it says? Hey man, except what point.
Speaker 1: No no exa no, no, no, don't exclamation point is hay Man period, hay Man period? Never exclamation points? Are you kidding? That's yeah. That seems desperate. You're right, it seems like you're too excited.
Speaker 2: Like wait, he's already texted.
Speaker 5: Me early, isn't it like?
Speaker 1: It's okay?
Speaker 6: You're good, go with it, You're fine, You're fine, he's professional. Go ahead, okay, hey man, reach the out a couple of times. Wasn't able to get you. Rob will see you around the gym sometime. I hope you have a good holiday. That's it, Eddie.
Speaker 1: Sign know who he is. That's okay. Oh my gosh, that's that's okay. If you say jim, hell contact, close it together. Don't make it too easy on him.
Speaker 5: What about Eddie from the gym?
Speaker 4: Hey, you love him, let him find you and love you back.
Speaker 2: I don't love him a basketball emoji?
Speaker 4: No hit that just hit, sin hit Eddie. Take it from me, dude on dude.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I love dudes. I love being with dudes.
Speaker 2: I just thought he could have deleted the part where it says couldn't.
Speaker 1: Reach you, which reached out a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that part I shot a couple of times period. But that he's like, couldn't couldn't get you?
Speaker 1: Did I say they couldn't get you? Reach out the time of the stuff? I didn't say.
Speaker 5: I read exactly what you said.
Speaker 4: You're doing like hard.
Speaker 1: Emojis in like eggplants, and I was like, I don't recommend that.
Speaker 3: Did you put a basketball emoji?
Speaker 1: No? I feel desperate, But whatever, dude, however you should. You're gonna learn from this one way or the other. You have closure that it wasn't right. You guys are weren't meant to be. Or he'll be like, oh the gym, that's who this guy was. I got text Sometimes I don't know who they are because the number is not saved, but that'll come in a context clue.
Speaker 2: That he's definitely going to answer a phone call if he doesn't have no.
Speaker 4: Way or he has do not answer because it's you.
Speaker 5: I thought we had something, but whatever.
Speaker 1: You might still have something. We hold hope we'll check in a couple of weeks. All right, here's a voicemail we got last night.
Speaker 8: I'm in a situation where I am new to the company and I work in a robot company where it's mostly all men, and my boss makes me extremely uncomfortable, like the presentation, not my.
Speaker 1: Direct boss, but the one above him.
Speaker 8: He's made send my inappropriate comments and I just don't know how to handle the situation. My direct boss, he is doing whatever he can to keep me away from him or in other words, to protect me, which I greatly appreciate. But you, as a boss, how would you handle that was happening to like Amy or Morgan?
Speaker 1: What would you do? What would do suggest I do? Because it's really uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: She could give me any advice, I would really appreciate it. Thanks everybody and love the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the question. This is what I would say.
Speaker 1: First. I think the easy, quick, efficient answer is you should go and let someone know way above right, that that's the answer. However, you're going to know your culture, and I do think there may even be places, that's my answer first, where that could end up getting you in trouble if there's like a relationship between like that boss and HR right. Yeah, so that is a delicate thing. But I would say you need to go above and you need to let them know, and possibly if you can let them know with them not letting that boss know that it's you specifically, because that will create a conversation between the HR or his boss to say, hey, people have been saying you're acting this way. You just don't want to be the target of whatever his eyre is whenever he finally finds out that someone's telling on him. But I don't think you can continue as it is. You either a have to go up and let them know. And the second one also not easy. I would say just get out of there, but it's not like you just quit your job. You got bills to pay. That's not always easy for people. Just go good, just quit your job.
Speaker 2: To HR people. Is there some sort of oaths.
Speaker 1: Like I don't think there's the old hypocratic I shall which like I will only do good or confidentiality I don't. I don't thought think.
Speaker 2: There would be, because then people just wouldn't feel safe going ever.
Speaker 4: So pare of my suggestions in order.
Speaker 1: Number One, you go to HR or that boss's boss and say I have something I would like to share with you, but it is under the guise of I don't once I make this complaint, I would rather not be known as me because I don't want to then suffer the consequences of telling on.
Speaker 2: This person, can just send an anonymous.
Speaker 1: Yes, that would be my third one at the burnery account. Number two is going to be avoid at all costs until the situation can somehow remedy itself. Not always easy to do it, your boss, right, Number three is a burner account. I'm going to tell you this too, this boss, this person, You're not the only person. He's doing this too. This is a common by people who do this. This is a common thing. It's not like they're only going to be inappropriate and offer with one person and only one person. Ever, that's the kind of person this person is. So when I say burner account is kind of funny, but you could go make you a Gmail account and be like so and so. Don't do it from the office, do it from a computer that's not your office. Hey, look, a few of us here have gotten together and we know you've been acting appropriately and any more inappropriate actions.
Speaker 4: We are going to take it to whomever. That is also a way to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm sending that to the boss.
Speaker 4: Or the actual person in a burner account to be like.
Speaker 2: I think you would send a burner account to HR like, Hey, I just don't want to say who I am. But I get that then you lack credibility.
Speaker 1: But I don't think I will work with HR. I think I sure you need to say how you are.
Speaker 2: Look at it now, you're threatening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my third thing, but it's not. It's a burner account to the person who's doing the bad stuff, going, hey, there's a lot of us here who now are suffering from what you're doing, and if you continue, we are going to tell on. You are going to HR about it.
Speaker 2: What if the boss is like, wait a lot, I really only do it to her.
Speaker 1: Bobby's saying this, I'm saying that if I'm betting, I agree, I know, but that does that doesn't just do it to one person. I'm really sorry that's happening to you. And it feels a bit helpless because because you're superior. But I don't know that there's just a clean way to do it unless you go up to HR.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd say HR is the first move for sure, and then you can reassess. But my hope would be that you could go and sit down with them and trust that they're not going to say anything.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, it's happening to you. Let us know if we can help right.
Speaker 3: Time for the news Bobby's stories.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'll roll my suitcase so I'm getting on a plane and they're like, do you have battery in that?
Speaker 4: Because some of the suitcases have that hole.
Speaker 1: I've never actually used it, but you can like keep a battery in there and charge your phone and stuff.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, no, oh, why get off me. I never say get off me.
Speaker 1: I just think that apparently every day, like twice a day, there's a fire on an airplane because those batteries.
Speaker 2: Oh that's scary.
Speaker 1: And there are a lot of flights, right, so twice a day, but still, the fact that fires are starting from these things, that's crazy. The FA is warning travelers about the dangers of these batteries in luggage and carry ons.
Speaker 4: They're in even batteries.
Speaker 1: And like laptop Like, what the heck are people not like letting their computers rest for a minute? Are they NonStop?
Speaker 4: Like world of warcraft?
Speaker 1: The fact that these things are having fires at all are scary, even not about the airplane, about just generally at the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm scared. I saw in the news some bike that people have in their house has been exploding. I don't know what battery pack or electric is on there, but ex floating like so fast is causing house fires.
Speaker 1: Passengers are advised to monitor their devices during flights, avoid packing, especially liftium batteries, and check luggage that. I can't believe there's that many fires on airplanes from CBS News.
Speaker 4: That's story number one, number two.
Speaker 1: A Columbus funeral home becomes the first and Ohio to obtain a liquor license. And the first thing I think is, are they like on the side opening up, you know, dead person bar and grill or is it at funerals give an alcohol, which it think makes sense if you'd like to have a drink at a funeral service, although if we ever we think it gets dramatic. Sometimes the funerals will like fights and stuffs when they're drunk.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I mean who mixed alcohol?
Speaker 6: Was breathing?
Speaker 2: I mean people are doing that often anyway, but at the funeral.
Speaker 1: Home, see, I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: Well, they say it more is more of like a celebration of life.
Speaker 4: Oh I hear, yep, what I would say too.
Speaker 5: But like my uncles would always like go outside and like sneak some beers, So why not just drink inside?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it well because it is open to you know, I agree, I think it makes sense. Slippery slope though, for sure. Columbus Funeral Home is gonna make history. It's the first and Ohio to obtain a liquor license, offering mourners a unique way to honor loved ones. See, you can also say that like everybody can have one to pour one out, but really they're all just getting slabbard. But even then you just like a Sunday you see it, you just funeral crash, so you can get some Yeah, open bars funeral there's funeral down on third Evergreen Funeral Cremation Reception scheduled to open next year aims to change out people funerals and so they're going to allow alcohol and toasts to love ones. There are different full service open bars for like three, four, five, six thousand dollars. Of course, once approved, first funeral home in Ohio have a liquor license. ABC six on your side with that story. Smart surprised they would grant it, not because I don't think it should be granted, but because anytime somebody knew, what's a different license. That's difficult. It's got to go through a lot of little channels there in the old towns. Netflix has secret codes to unlock hitting gems on its streaming platform. Here's how to use them. It's from Daily Mail. First time I read this, I thought, yeah, but there's not gonna be a single good thing when you have to put a code in. It's gonna be all crappy stuff that like hidden, because if it was really good, they'd want to have it front and center. Good. But there is actually a secret menu and on this put the code in high brow horror, irreverent TV comedies, in ninety minute movies. You go to Netflix dot com slash of browse, slash genre and you add a code and I don't know, one person said, they're they're blank ass movies.
Speaker 9: Oh, I mean, I try to not say the word I bleep the that's funny, I bleep the baddest of words and the donkey word.
Speaker 1: Whatever. I tried, Dude, I'm not counting that against me because I was an accident. Never the s H word is the word I was bleeping.
Speaker 2: People say that though you're saying.
Speaker 4: No, no, no s H with a y at the end. That's the first one.
Speaker 2: I was thinking just about one word and say.
Speaker 1: Blank, Yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Epening tries to cuss and he does it all wrong.
Speaker 1: But I would say, like, somebody's a jackass, and that to me is not a bad word. Right, yeah, but that there. I just think my brain is, We're about to go on holiday, break the whole thing. My Americans say, Oh, let's see. Daddy Yankee claims that his estranged wife blindsided him by withdrawing a hundred million dollars from his company accounts. He says that she withdrew the sum of one hundred million from two of his music companies without his permission. You would think there'll be some it doesn't matter who even he. Anybody takes out a massive amount of money, ten million, twenty million, some trigger goes off and like three people have to go click good, Okay, you don't just take it and run. But the artist forty seven said in legal docs in his native of San Juan, Puerto Rico, that she took sums of eighty million and twenty million from his record label. Oh and if you take it, does that mean you have a wired or do you go in and go like, I'll take eighty million.
Speaker 4: Here's the trash bag.
Speaker 2: Oh, it has to be a little bit at a time, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You can't just a little bit at a time of eighty million, that's there's never a little bit unless that takes ten years. And again, yeah, it's a long time.
Speaker 2: If they're this wealthy, what's a little bit to them? A little bit to us is like, you know what even five million?
Speaker 4: Do you take it in cash? And then are you taking suitcases?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Daddy Yankees that wealthy.
Speaker 3: That's a great point.
Speaker 2: His bit from his company, he's also that wealthy.
Speaker 4: Yes, massive.
Speaker 1: Really one of the bigger international artists. It's like, uh, the guy now who I don't listen to his music at all. Yeah, he was basically Bad Bunny before Bad Bunny. Bad Bunny's the bigges artist in the world.
Speaker 4: Is about I don't know, I don't know any songs he comes around at Easter.
Speaker 1: I'm happy with that. No, that's the good Bunny. Oh it is, got it. And then finally, can you tell if someone does not like the holiday gift you've given them? The answer is because it was a pair of ice turner glove.
Speaker 5: That's not funny, man, Oh good gloves.
Speaker 4: Eddie got me a pair of isotoneor gloves. He knows that our gloves.
Speaker 2: It starts a knight, but he following the rules.
Speaker 5: I had seventy five dollars to do it.
Speaker 1: He's just kind of being lazy.
Speaker 10: I mean he's gonna go to isod socks id shirt.
Speaker 3: I mean he went for gloves.
Speaker 2: But Steve liked the isotoners I got.
Speaker 3: Him, and so he said he's only returning.
Speaker 2: Them because they don't fit.
Speaker 1: He's if he gets other isotoners then in the same size survey found these are the top body language tells If someone hates their gift.
Speaker 4: They avoid eye contact with you.
Speaker 2: I've been watching sometimes.
Speaker 1: Looking at me.
Speaker 4: Guys, look, I'm going the opposite way.
Speaker 1: Fake smile immediately after changing the tone of their voice.
Speaker 4: Sometimes like here's.
Speaker 1: They've got a high registrart. Oh my god, that's no nice. It's not that hard to figure out talking too much about how great the gift looks are forgetting about the gift once gift kicking is over. I don't only think that the only think they forget. They just would rather not talk about it. That's from Scotch brand survey. That's the news. Thank you for bobbies. I do think tipping culture as someone who has tipped their whole life, like as far as like jobs are like I needed those tips, but it's out of hand. I'll say it to somebody who's a big tipper and understand the need for it. But yes, there are times where you're like, why are people asking for tips for this? That being said, Lunchbox often gets upset when you go somewhere and they're like, give me a tip. You don't have to. I said, you don't have to get upset. You can does not give a tip. I think that's what that should be met with. Okay, but I've never heard of this before. Lunchboks.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, you know it's the holiday season and so yes, you know, we love to get into the holiday spirit, get ready for Christmas in my family and what you do with Christmas you go see Santa Claus to sit on Santa Claus's lap and tell them ho, ho ho, what do you want for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Kids?
Speaker 10: And we went to do it and as we're checking out, it says would you like to.
Speaker 2: Leave a tip away?
Speaker 10: What is the world I would do. Sanna is now asking for tips. I saw Santa did this for the love of the children, and now Santa wants me to leave them a tip for letting my kid tell them what he wants they want for Christmas. Unbelievable, bah humbuck. I was just like, this is getting where he goes, Santa. I'm so disappointed in you.
Speaker 1: I did see a story I forgot reading the news that Reindeer of Food has gone app a lot. Oh really inflation? Yes, well, just in general it's harder to find sure they're using more natural ingredients, and I could see where maybe that would be part of the reason.
Speaker 4: Does that matter to you at all? No, it doesn't matter to me. You're on Reindeer Way, yes, yeah, you pay.
Speaker 5: To see Santa in the first place to take pictures.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you had to pay to get the pictures. And it says, do you want to leave a tip?
Speaker 3: Why would I want to leave a tip?
Speaker 2: Man, we're paying with card.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's just something that pops on all the time with card no matter what. And like Bobby said, do you have every night to just decline it or leave a tip and be like, oh, it's tis the season, because.
Speaker 4: You don't know what he's gonna get.
Speaker 1: Maybe Santa, who doesn't need money for Santa. Maybe it's for the elves, the guys working all year long, sure making toys. Yeah, maybe they want a new felt green super.
Speaker 10: Kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and maybe nobody else. They asked for a tip, just him, because it was a lot.
Speaker 1: You think about that, like you're the only one. They were like, maybe we should get tell.
Speaker 10: Three kids because they do run around and scream and yell and jump on Santa. But I just was absolutely blown away that they had the tip line. When we went to see Santa.
Speaker 4: How was Santa?
Speaker 1: I mean it seemed like a nice guy, not super over the top night.
Speaker 3: Oh he was real good, you know.
Speaker 10: I mean he's good with kids, Like he knows how to talk with kids and get him to calm down and be doing.
Speaker 1: It for year. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, he's he just didn't know it with you. Probably probably remembers you when you were a kid. Yeah, and he probably thinking, oh, here comes these kids. But he doesn't good. He doesn't show you that he's frustrated with the kids when they're climbing up and the kids pulling off the hat.
Speaker 4: You know, but you mean, your kids are pulling off the hat.
Speaker 3: Oh man, it happened, but did a good job.
Speaker 1: Then you should definitely tip them. Yeah you used to like sending a car with money.
Speaker 2: I actually don't think that this is that crazy. I mean I've never heard of it, so I'm sort of just a little shocked. But the more I think about it, yeah, who cares. And some people might be like, oh, yeah, this is great. He was so awesome with my kids and now I have a really fun memory or a cute photo.
Speaker 1: And also maybe think about you're not just tipping in for that, you're tipping in for what he does on Christmas night. Yeah, that's what he does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you would tip for it unless you're naughty.
Speaker 2: Well, it's good to show appreciation.
Speaker 4: I mean over your career you've had raises.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because things cost more, costs more, and our listenership has going.
Speaker 4: Up, and Santa new kids all the time.
Speaker 3: But always said, we always say the kid population is.
Speaker 1: Going down, Like we don't always say that. It's been said that at certain times about certain countries, but we don't always say the kid population is going down.
Speaker 10: That's why some you know, communities are paying people to get pregnant because they need more kids. So Santa is worried that he's going to run out of work some communities.
Speaker 2: Could you not remember the country?
Speaker 4: He says, and helps we go. Okay, Well, I'm sorry that that offended you.
Speaker 1: I think my move would have been, oh wow, I can't believe they're asking it for a tip and not tip, not saying I wouldn't have it. But if I felt your way out, I would just move on with life and not thought about it.
Speaker 10: Again, you're telling me you wouldn't walk around for a day or two thinking. Really, Santah wants a tip, like, how.
Speaker 3: What is this world coming to?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Probably a tip Sanna? Oh my gosh. You see there's the problem.
Speaker 4: Is the problem, this is the problem bother you.
Speaker 3: You tip Santa and then he's like.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm the problem.
Speaker 1: It's me.
Speaker 10: Well no, because if you tip Sanna and then I don't tip san it or is he gonna punish my kids because.
Speaker 1: We didn't help?
Speaker 4: That's the hope. O.
Speaker 1: That's weird. I'll give it to you.
Speaker 3: You everybody together, BA we're not doing that.
Speaker 4: Amy Your updated thoughts on a four day school week.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm only in favor of that, if parents can match it with a similar.
Speaker 1: Work week, we would not be able to match it, so.
Speaker 2: We would not that other people need to or if your kids are going to be out of school and then you still have to go to work like that. Whatever, if it's Monday or Friday or Wednesday or whatever day is going to be the day off, that's going to be difficult for.
Speaker 1: Ye will be difficult. They would never be able to match it with work because they're not combined, right, they have nothing to do with each other, like every business wouldn't be well, I guess we now have to abide by this exactly, and that would probably be the biggest factor as to why it would be hard for people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean because also I'm two of well, I guess unless you're a teacher, because then decide money. No, because if you're a teacher and there's no school, then you're at home with your kids.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, like teachers watch all the kids for money. On the other day, Oh yeah, that could work. Idea more rural areas that are going to four day school week to attract and retain teachers. Districts with four day school weeks are more likely to be in states that mandate a certain number of instructional hours rather than instructional days. This gives districts the flexibility to extend the school day on the four days and shorten the week. But yeah, you're right, if it's like a third grader and the parents aren't off on that Friday or Tuesday, I could see what that would be. Just horribly not even just inconvenient, but impossible.
Speaker 2: You have to figure out childcare. I mean, obviously we can adjust to everything, but this has been kind of the way it's been for a really long time.
Speaker 1: Eddie.
Speaker 5: Four day school week, don't like it?
Speaker 1: How about six day school week? Love it? Okay, Okay, now we're talking.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking even so okay, no, but even an extended school day during those other four days, I don't know how we would get everything in because sometimes between school and then the homework and any activities.
Speaker 4: Everything would be modified.
Speaker 1: It would have to be.
Speaker 5: Gosh, like summers, man, when they don't go to school, those are so tough. When they're at home all day and you're like trying to keep them busy.
Speaker 1: That's on you?
Speaker 2: Is that on you? Because you're at work every day?
Speaker 5: Well, I come home, you know what tune.
Speaker 2: At You're not home at noon, Eddie.
Speaker 3: And then you spend an hour each day.
Speaker 5: And then I spend my alone time with all of them.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying like, actually, you don't be accurate in your representation of what summer is like.
Speaker 4: You get called the crap out dude, and I liked it. I would anyways.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, some of these small towns do in four day school weeks because it's hours, not days that schools need. But yes, it'd be, according to you guys, to be very difficult because of the work schedule. Yeah, there you go. All right.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: The documentary on Jerry Springer, it's called Fights Camera Action. It does come out next month. It's a two parter. Jerry Springer was massive when we were kids, but Lunchbox was on it. We talked about that. He's not a part of the documentary. Yeah.
Speaker 10: They never I realized this. They never reached out to me. I thought I would be one of the person in the documentary. They would be like, oh my gosh, this guy made it from Jerry Springer to where he is now, let's go back.
Speaker 1: I thought it'd be like a success story from someone that defied the odds.
Speaker 10: Yes, And I mean even Kamika and Jennifer, who were on it with me texting, were like, oh my gosh, how come they didn't reach out to us and you're.
Speaker 3: I'm like yeah.
Speaker 10: Kamika was like, obviously they didn't want ratings. They I mean, how great would it be built in promotion to have me in the documentary?
Speaker 4: I don't think Netflix really needs the promotion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I think your story was one of the greater Jerry Springer stories.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: I mean, you were a teenager and you were got cheated on.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like all the stories, every story in the history of Jerry spring It was cool that you were on It really was cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am. I'm very excited.
Speaker 10: I don't get excited about a lot that comes out, but this I am looking forward to appointment Watch when it comes out.
Speaker 1: Appointment watch is not something to do on streaming. Appointment watches whenever something's at a time and you make an appointment to.
Speaker 2: Go when it drops, he's gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: He's gonna make an appointment yeaheah.
Speaker 4: But an appointment watches like it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be on the day it comes out.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be on his calendar twelve o one when it's uploaded, it's gonna be I'm not sure.
Speaker 10: The date, but I'm gonna put it on my calendar in my head to watch it on that day because I want to know, you know, is it like a series, like I'm gonna have to watch five episodes or is it just one documentary?
Speaker 1: I think it is a multi part series on how big it was in culture?
Speaker 2: Oh huge?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like someone like doesn't really know that, Jerry Springer, Like I.
Speaker 6: Only know it because of this versation on the show, like I never watched it or anything.
Speaker 10: If they have interviews from past people, I'm gonna be really upset.
Speaker 1: They will have a ton of interviews what it is? Then?
Speaker 3: Why would they not come to me?
Speaker 5: There's a lot to choose from. Man, you know, you just didn't make the cut.
Speaker 2: They probably don't even realize you're the same person.
Speaker 4: How can you you look like the same person?
Speaker 1: That is true? That?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what comes out next month on Netflix?
Speaker 1: We'll be waiting.
Speaker 4: Maybe he isn't and he's not telling you.
Speaker 1: Maybe Bobby Bones show sorry up today.
Speaker 10: This story comes us from Murray Kentucky, a man was inside a bar and he had a mule whip and he was trying to whip people with it.
Speaker 1: He was screaming, it's got to be an Arkansas or something, or do you say West Kentucky?
Speaker 3: Kentucky.
Speaker 1: I knew it's close, okay, And.
Speaker 10: They said, hey man, you gotta leave. So they asked him to leave five times. You refuse to leave, and they said, all right, we're going to call the police. He's like, no, no, I'm leaving. Went out gone on his mule.
Speaker 1: Of course. Well okay, well you didn't say you had a mule. That makes sense. It makes more sense when.
Speaker 3: You started riding home.
Speaker 1: When police pulled him over.
Speaker 3: You got a DUI for riding the mule drunk.
Speaker 1: Wow. There's a lot about this story that we could unpack for an hour. First of all, if you're new to the show, and let's say you live in Arkansas, don't be insulted. I am from Arkansas, and that is the kind of things that we would do. Number two, you can get a d ui. I didn't go on a golf cart or a tractor an animal though you didn't know that, but it's alive.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just started to think that a mule was the name for some sort of a mower.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, it's a real mule. Let's just say, okay, let's say I got drunk, right and Eddie goat me a piggyback ride home? Right? Yeah, but yes, he's alive.
Speaker 5: I'm an animal.
Speaker 1: He's alive.
Speaker 2: But Eddie can can It's a human and can make decisions like a mule. You you guide the mule.
Speaker 5: He can guide me.
Speaker 1: I don't know a probably all.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at him here.
Speaker 1: It it's very much a horse. Yeah, it's a big mule. Anyway, Okay, I'm lunchbox.
Speaker 3: That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to CJ in Crossville, Tennessee. Hey CJ, what's going on? Buddy?
Speaker 11: Hey, this is j Morning Studio.
Speaker 1: More was not expecting a female, just two initials. I don't know what I expected. Hi, CJ? Thank you for calling. What's going on?
Speaker 11: I got the Jordan Davis setlist that the Lunchbox keeps talking about. And he said I never said thank you, And he said, I never messaged him reminders. I went back through our d MS and I said him like two or three reminders, and he said, Oh, yeah, you should call and leave a voicemail.
Speaker 1: Oh, he wanted to publicly on him cell. Yeah. Here's the thing about Lunchbox, that number one rule. Lunchbox, you never really know. If he says something, roll the dice tell you how true it is. Yeah, he wanted you to call and give him credit publicly, so we'd play it and be like, oh, all hell king Lunchbox. However, he was the one that said he would give it away. It wasn't like you asked him of something, right, boy?
Speaker 10: Wait, but didn't it make it more special the longer it went?
Speaker 1: Like, You're like you held it out for a year. I mean that special. It's like eat not eating dinner for a day. It wasn't it more special that you didn't get to have dinner last night and tonight you're finally getting fed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean, what a great gift?
Speaker 10: She tells her I don't know if she told her brother, hey, I got this for you or what, But I mean anticipation.
Speaker 3: It's awesome, it's exciting.
Speaker 1: Well, CG, thank you for calling. And we do understand because Lunchbox loves people to call up and say how nice he is, even though he promised it before.
Speaker 11: Yes, and I posted on my story, Hey, thank you so much. He's like, oh this our callers stuck.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 11: They don't say thank you, and I want my feed.
Speaker 2: He just missed.
Speaker 11: He missed a couple of things, so he.
Speaker 1: Didn't miss it.
Speaker 11: If you order anything from watchbox, it was going to be a couple of months, yes, four years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: But how did your brother love the gift?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it was. It was pretty delayed, but he thought it was coming and then we're like, well, I guess this isn't coming. So I guess he was a bit happy when he got it, but it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't from you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, how else if you.
Speaker 1: Want it, It's like if you want a car on prices right, and then you give it to somebody price is right. Didn't give that your cousin that car that you just gave them? You did?
Speaker 3: I thought I got credit?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, okay yeah yeah yeah, Hey CJ, thank you for calling. I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: Hey, thank you so much, love the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, have a great day. Let's go over to Jewel. Who's listening at Saint Louis Jewel. You're on the show. What's going on Christmas?
Speaker 7: I just pulled in because I wanted to say how amazing see Brett Eldridge Flow Christmas show was last night. I live here in Saint Louis. Me and my boyfriend went. We were actually in the owner's sock and it was a Christmas present for me and then his mom and his stepdad.
Speaker 1: Two your boyfriend, mom and step dad. Correct, got it? I thought like Brett's mom showed up and I was like, he doesn't have a step dad. I was gonna have to make a call. Uh. Yeah, it's an amazing show, right, it's and even if you're like, I don't know if I want to go to a whole Christmas show, yes, but it's it's awesome. So uh, it's awesome. I had a great time. Thank you for sharing that with us, and I think we're some of us are going to that show tomorrow night because it's here. Eight of you guys. I have to check with Scoob and see how that happened. Juel, Thank you for the call. Hope you have a great day. Thank you, We'll see you tomorrow. Holiday Days from Bobby by Bone Show. The Bobby Bones Show theme song, written, produced and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry. Scuba Steve executive producer, Raymondo, Head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.