Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of what gained today, we got to start with looking at Nvidia and ARM. In Vidia shares rising today, what more than six point two percent? We'll go ahead and round that up six point three percent today. Armholdings hitting a new intra day record today, up at its best levels more than twenty percent, but closing fifteen point seven percent higher today. This after in Nvidia announced a new product that combines an armed central processing unit CPU and a Blackwell generation graphics processor. We're talking about the RTX Spark super chip. It'll debut in laptop and desktop computers from Dell and Lenova. It'll run Microsoft's Windows ARM operating system. Jensen announced this in Taiwan overnight. It'll allow for you know, so called aipcs. We had a great chat with Ian King a little earlier.
Speaker 1: How much are these things going to cost?
Speaker 3: Oh, we don't know about that yet, Okay, but what we do know and I guess Also, what we don't know is like what normal people will do with these aipcs. Qualcom's been talking about this for years, But what you know, given what people do on computers right now and on their smartphones right now, you know in the way they interact with.
Speaker 1: I love Qualcom because I'd also like to point out that Christiano Amone, the CEO of Qualcomb, was also on that same stage, and nobody's talking about them for some reason, because they basically have the same thing.
Speaker 3: Last check they do and my last check, shares of Qualcom were down more than eight percent, but I haven't I haven't looked in the last couple of hours. Also, MGM Resorts International today shares surging this after we learned Barry Diller has made an offer for the remaining portion of MGM Resorts International he doesn't already own, finishing the day up more than sixteen percent. The proposal is for the seventy four percent we'll call it of MGM Resorts that it doesn't already own. It values the company at eighteen point eight billion dollars including debt. Diller believes the market quote materially undervalues the power and durability of MGM assets. Which have real world assets that AI cannot easily replicate or disintermediate and exceptional digital growth opportunities once again. MGM resorts up by sixteen percent today. And finally, how about a little movie theater AMC Entertainment twenty two and a half percent higher today. We saw several movie theater stocks actually move higher today after a record box office weekend for the independent distributor of backrooms, closing out the strong May lineup AMC shares they're heavily shorted. They said that after yet another strong weekend at the box office in May, they have seen the highest attended month of May going back to twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Have you seen this movie yet?
Speaker 3: I have not. I have not seen it, Emily, I have not seen any movies.
Speaker 1: Ro May I know, well you have you have tiny kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all you're watching our cartoons. I watched Marty Supreme on HBO Max a few weeks ago.
Speaker 4: With your children came out a while ago.
Speaker 3: They did come out for me. That did not come out a while ago. I thought it was I thought it was fun, okay, really yeah?
Speaker 2: Why yeah?
Speaker 5: I heard it was stressful.
Speaker 3: Well that's all the movies from those guys.
Speaker 5: Yeow yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: It's not keep you see cut gems, it's a uncut jams that's still recovering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, I'm gonna let Emily go.
Speaker 4: Well, go to the decliners. Similar theme to what Tim was just talking about here, starting with Intel, Intel lower as in Nvidia enters the PC market with a new ship, so a new chip that's weighing on shares of chip maker's Intel. It's also weighing on Qualcom, as we had discussed. I picked Intel because it's a bigger market cap company, but Qualcomb did fall about eight percent. Intel closing the day down about four point six percent. The shares were down about ten percent in the last five days. Almost twenty seven billion dollars in market cap erased for Intel. Though just today, I'm also looking at shares of rocket Lab. Shares of Spacelink stocks declined today, rocket Lab down about fourteen point seven seven percent. This is all coming after a Blue Origin rocket exploded last week, so that trade in Spacelink stocks continuing into this week. The Jeff Bezos backed firm Blue Origins New Glen rocket blew up on Thursday evening while undergoing a test on a Florida launch pad, and this, of course is ahead of its plans for it to deploy satellites for Amazon's Leo, which is a rival network to Starlink. Yeah. And then finally Ford shares dropping sorry Romine.
Speaker 1: Yeah sorry, we're getting earnings right now out of Hewlett Packard Enterprise crossing the wire and the shares on fire up about fifteen percent. A lot of questions as to whether they would be participating, of course, in this AI boom. Net revenue in the most recent quarter up forty percent to ten point seven billion dollars. The street was looking for nine point seven so basically came in about a billion dollars over that. Networking revenue was the star of the show, two point six to nine billion. That's up from about one point billion at one point one billion the previous year here, so a huge acceleration and growth there. Adjusteddps also beat seventy nine cents a share. The street was looking for fifty four cents. Here's your forecast for the full year. The company says expected ads todps three thirty five. The three forty five a share that's more than a dollar more than what it had previously guided for. On both the top and low end of that range of seeds free cash flow of three and a half billion dollars for the full year, up from its previous guidance of two billion dollars. So you get the story here. This is a company projecting a huge acceleration in growth, and you now see those shares accelerating up twenty four percent in the after hours trade.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just amazing. Let's talk about this shares a little bit more here, because I mean, heading into these results today alone, we saw HPE shares rise by more than nine percent for the full year. For twenty twenty six, year to date, shares hired by ninety seven percent on a total return basis. There was this idea out there that maybe HP Enterprise, maybe they faced a high bar after what we saw from Dell, But clearly if that bar was set even higher, they seem to surpass at least take a look at the after shares reaction here, a higher by nearly twenty five percent at this.
Speaker 3: Point, Okay, you guys are watching what's happening with Hewlett Packard Enterprise. I'm watching what's happening after hours with Credo Tech, which going into today's print shares were up this year by close to sixty percent. Shares getting I wouldn't say crushed given what they've done this year, but still down double digits right now. Fourth quarter revenue coming in just above estimates at four hundred and thirty seven million dollars, but let's look at the first quarter outlook cease first quarter revenue for sixty five to four seventy five that comes in above estimates a four hundred and sixty million dollars first quarter justy gross margin above estimates at sixty seven to sixty nine percent. The estimate estimate was for sixty five percent. I guess not enough for the high hopes that investors had going into this. Shares down about twelve and a half percent in the after hours, but again this shares up significantly this year, close to sixty percent.
Speaker 2: This stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.