Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckmaharrison, de Montrey Moore, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: Here we are players, last time, coming to you from the SWBC podcast studio in Frisco, Texas, International headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys. We've got Heck Mayerrison, I'm in here, Demontre Moore is in the bill that I knew, he Scruggs. The show was brought to you by aristocrat Gaming Bery Church will joint us shortly here. All right, gentlemen, free agency. Yes, they made some moves just today. So today at eleven thirty they start conference calls with Dante Fowler at ten half sacks last year, a receiver Paris Campbell, and running back Miles Sander. So just with those three they're going to talk to the media today. Man, how you feel just just staying with those three guys right here?
Speaker 4: Track, I'm liking it.
Speaker 2: I'm loving it. We brought and a double digit sacculator Paris Campbell had the pleasure of playing with him at the Colts and my time in ten years sitting there, that man was a professional even when he was young. So to know that he's coming in here, like I think he's going to be a great key component right now for a lot of We're filling a lot of holes right now that need to be filled, and I'm excited with these three signings. We said we need to make moves what moves have been made, so less pressure when it comes to our approach when it comes to the draft.
Speaker 5: Hey, you gotta forgive me because I only know about Campbell from a statistic standpoint, and so what we were talking about last week, and I was saying, look, the Cowboys need playmakers. And I understand you bringing in a guy that has has so he's long the two been in the league for a while, but a guy that can help them offensively. How much help can he give to this receiving course, what I'm asking myself, you know, what kind of impact can he make? We know for sure the Ceedee Lamb needs a running mate that I don't know if they found that yet, and if they're going into the draft to do that, they have a bunch of options. How early do they go for those options? Is what I'm asking myself. Dunte Fowler. We know we were getting out of Dante Fowler, but Dante Fowler was a rotational piece when he was here.
Speaker 6: Will he be a.
Speaker 2: Rotational piece here? Again?
Speaker 5: We need a starter because of Sam Williams coming off of his injury. We know what we got from Marshall Kneeland last season, so we need a guy that's going to be able to give, you know, to get the majority of the sacks be Does he still have that in him? And I think from a running back standpoint, you know, we talked about that obviously. We know the impact that the Williams is going to be able to have on third down and I'm excited about that.
Speaker 6: But let's just stay right there talking about Fouler.
Speaker 2: As far as as far as when it comes to Fouler, I like what I see in him and what he did last year. As far as when it comes to will he be a starter and will he be that big man guy. No, he's not going to be that big name guy. We know who it is. Michael Parson is a batman. He will be robbin. But with that being said, you cannot negate the fact of being a veterer, just us being who we are, like being a journey man, like that key component of you just coming in there, having that leadership, having the success and being a playoff caliber winning You've seen how I field over there. Then on top of that, you got your energy read like reduced and got a second win with you becoming double digits Sete. I think you can't pay for experience, and that's what he's going to bring and be that X factor in him. And then as far as back to Nord Brown, do I think he's going to come in and be.
Speaker 4: The big playmaker like that? No, he's not going to be the.
Speaker 2: Big playmaker like that. But what I mean, I'm sorry, Paris you say Brown. I'm sorry I said Noel Brown because Paris Campbell, I think he can come in and be that Noah Brown for us. As far as being a dependable receiver and a guy on special team, is going to do that and be hard working and not demand the stars and just ready to work.
Speaker 3: So so stay on foul talking about the free agent signs Church good Year, former Laboy safety. So today they're going in the media that the Copper Toball with the Dante Fowler, Paris Campbell and Miles Sanders.
Speaker 2: So church music, church music, because I said, oh no, no, no, no, Now that we got the church music, donate for the times for dinner. No, we'll talk about that later. Sore arms.
Speaker 5: Do not know when the bill come. When the bill come, everybody get like this t Rex. Yeah, go ahead, talk.
Speaker 2: Goo ahead. Man.
Speaker 3: What you got Dante Fowl ten and a half sacks last year, Washington and should I never left the building a couple of years ago. But so when I look at what he brings to you, Yes, rotational pieces where you're going to get the best out of him. You no longer you no longer have Tank Lawrence in the building, but Tank to do anything for.
Speaker 6: You last year.
Speaker 3: So you've got Michael Parson's and we talk about.
Speaker 2: Did I just tell you lie no that he has not.
Speaker 5: Let's be really okay. I'm sorry I ended up what you were saying. You're you're leading up to the Dante Fowler. I apologize as the last toll.
Speaker 3: But so you talk about Nilan, you talk about Sam Williams, right Kneeland, Sam Williams, and you've got Fouler here last year we talked about the lack of depth. So when I see this, you're throwing somebodies at the position with an opportunity to still bring in more. But as of now March twentieth, they're a heck of a lot better than they were when the season ended at that position. In my opinion, having Fouler back of the buildings helped. Now I'm not hey, man, give me another ten and no, this guy comes up here and gives you six to seven. You take that. You're asking other Sam Williams suspend before he got hurt. Was I need my opportunity? I'm tired and not key go here you go And at some point in time, if you're about draft and developed, you need a draft and develop. You need kneeling, you need saying what come be these guys that we thought you were when we use day two picks on you.
Speaker 7: And if those guys pan out, we're talking about the Sam Williams and the Kneelings of the world. If those guys pan out, then I'm totally agree with you that they're better at that position than they were last year. The only thing that you know we've had time proof and consistency with is when guys go down with those knee injuries, those acls, when they come back that next year, it's not always a highly productive player or the player that we've seen previously. You know, check out Michael Gallup, you know, check out you know Treyvon Diggs in that situation. So if we're putting all our eggs on those rotational pieces to go out there and be productive, I'm not so sure that that's the right technique that they need to go for in this year.
Speaker 2: Being in former defensive line that I'm going to pick you back off of that, I'm going to count argue you as far as that, Yes, you might not have that production or have that same spring in your stuff, but you're not counting on all those pieces to be those guys. If one of those two pieces become those guys, then guess what, you're good because you got your horse and Michael Parson, and then after that you have Dante Fowler, who's a proven veteran that just came out of double digit side and playoff wins. We all know only three defensive ends play on most organizations. You might get four if you do special team, So you can use Sam as that fourth guy that potentially is working his way back, get comfortable and making those plays on special teams. And even if it's not him, you still have capital and room to draft right now because of all the flexibility of bringing in other people. So it's not as big of a knee, but there will be opportunity for all of them. So we'll see how it works. It doesn't always work like that. Most of the time, it takes you a year or at least half that year to get back to feeling like yourself, maybe even a full year. But now at least he has that opportunity and there are more pieces there. Like you said, you got better because Tang Lawrence was hurt last year and then even the year before that, did he really give you something like that? So with this Dante Fowler pick up, it is a great pick up in my opinion, Like you cannot cut him though slack. You cannot pay for experience and you not, and you can't pay for winning. He knows how it feels. He was in the playoffs last year and was a key rotational piece. He knows where he's coming in right now. Whatever I do is house money. If we get six or seven sacks.
Speaker 7: I love Dante one of my teammates in Jacksonville. But can he be that starting piece, the dependable piece on that outside. I love him as a rotational I love him as a guy, a third down specialist.
Speaker 6: We need a pass rush. But he is the guy when it comes to that.
Speaker 7: We've seen it when he was here in the past, the up top, the mental mistakes that Dante Fowler.
Speaker 2: But but you're older now you learn from those. So you missed it. You missed it. You came in, Oh.
Speaker 5: You know, no shots. So it was exactly what I was saying. It was like, Look, the ten and a half sacks is great. He's in a dan Quinn system that's gonna give you everything, everything that's in his wheel house to do. Hey, freestyle out there. If you want to put that thing inside, you could do it. You could go inside. You don't have to play discipline to the scheme. And so the only thing that my apprehension on him is how is ibra Flus's defense If this is alignment assignment edge, That's what I'm saying, Boom, And we saw so many times. We saw so many times when we come in here and we're like, what in the hell is Dante and he would freestyle on his own again, rotational piece, a guy that had ten and a half sacks. That's not an accident. That's because you're playing on the defense. That's mauling people and you're getting after him. And if we coach too, boom.
Speaker 2: He loved that. He loved playing in that. You love Decken, but.
Speaker 7: Lose you got it's so structured like you if you jump inside, Oh oh man, it's over with your defense.
Speaker 2: You're defensive guy, former player, Let me talk to the player. What system does dan Quinn run? He runs that? That that four three four three? Why what system does ebra Flus run four three four to three? Why? Same thing? Now, dan Quinn does give his playmakers the flexibility to play because guess what, he has veteran players that know the system and that comes with trust. But it is a penetration defense. You have to just get up the field and hold the edge or if you don't hold the edge, get up under.
Speaker 4: Both of them are the same scheme. Like, let's not think you said it was.
Speaker 7: He had those veterans on that second level, the Bobby Wagners, the Frankie lou Lous, who can who can?
Speaker 2: Who can?
Speaker 7: You know if you can erase those mistakes, if he jumps inside Bobby wags like, Okay, I got you who's on.
Speaker 2: The second level for the boys. Right now, you got Oversham.
Speaker 7: Who's a rookie. Unbelievable, he's going injury count on. You can't count that right Hendris, he's done, he's not in the building.
Speaker 2: You got Buddy Johnson.
Speaker 7: But he's the guys that aren't gonna they could develop into something that's going to be able to say, Okay, I know Fowler's gonna make a move right here, be a playmaker.
Speaker 6: Let me erase that.
Speaker 7: But right now I don't see them as being those guys. I can come in here and a Fowler, Burry.
Speaker 4: Murry's coming in. You're in the system, Murry's coming in.
Speaker 2: But I think also with being a veteran, you know how much of a lease you have in a rope that you have, And so he could have matured. That's why I said maturity. So do not count them out for those saying previous mistakes, because now that he knows he has to step up and be that guy for the defensive scheme, he might sit there and say I have to control the edge and teach the young linebackers like, hey, make sure you come do this because I'm gonna do that right there, so he might be more selfless.
Speaker 3: I will trust this coaching staff and Will McLay that they understand what the best version of Dante Fowler is, which is what they're trying to bring back, so I don't anticipate them saying and you go start. I'm still looking at Kneeling and Williams to be a starter alongside Parsons in that you're throwing bodies all together.
Speaker 2: On the other side, we got.
Speaker 3: Parsons here now between Kneelan Fowler, Williams and potentially Twels. Can I go ahead, can that position over there, if Mike's get me my double digit, can we write that down? Can we write down let's say twelve. Let's say just give you twelve. I'm just twelve from Mike, can do it. If these dudes over here can give you they twelve combine combine or fifteen combined, you'll take that.
Speaker 6: That's win. That is a win. That is when that is better than what you got last year.
Speaker 3: Okay, right right, So so there, if you're and that's you know, the ability of not having tang here.
Speaker 6: He wasn't there to give you any of that.
Speaker 3: So that's all I'm looking at it from an early standpoint.
Speaker 6: We're talking March.
Speaker 3: They still have the ability to go make moves. You still have the draft coming up next month. But right now, last year we saw man. The thing that dan Quinn definitely robbed this team of was.
Speaker 8: Depth, and and you're trying to follow Fowler and went over there and.
Speaker 3: Made some names for themself. So so you're trying to get some of that back. That's how I see it. I'm not looking I'm not looking for a Fouler to be the dude that you the Jacksonville drafted. I'm not looking for that. No, But if he's a positional, rotational piece, heckma, I can live with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, but all four threes aren't made equal and everybody plays a different scheme in that.
Speaker 2: And I think what not disagreeing with you.
Speaker 5: I think the point that you make about having that leadership at the second level, which helps your defensive line. We were all like all kinds of disjointed last season defensively because guys were didn't understand the assignment. Maybe it makes it easier for a guy like Dante Fowler to come in and play a system that he is familiar with. Right, But what you're talking about with the lineback and cores and the way that they back up this defensive line, I still have the biggest question marks and free agency right there, because we don't have the time, proof and consistency. I thought that the need was obviously at the one in three you sign Osa Diggie Zula to a contract. Okay, can we get some more depth piece behind him? Can we get some more depth behind Mazi? I mean that's where we're basically hurting in the center of our defense. On the outside, we have had to deal with Michael Parson's timing to beat double teams and other guys not eating. That's been the biggest buggaboo about this defense.
Speaker 2: If this guy's.
Speaker 6: Getting doubled in triple teams, where the hell is everybody else?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: And so a guy like Dante Fowler to me when you bring him in, I'm like, I know what Dante Fowler is going to be able to do on the outside, but interior, in the inside of our defense, I still don't think we've answered those questions.
Speaker 2: But you did someone answer that question because Solomon Thomas. Let's not get this misconstruded. They didn't bring Solomon Thomas in to play my bad. He can play both of them. But where Solomon has made his money in the last few years has been as a technique. When he was in Sam France, they were like, hey, let's put you out there, and you wasn't the guy, and let's put you back at three techniques and he revived his career. So you answered that piece. You paid your big money to o Diggi Zuo, So guess what, he's gonna be the big guy. Now you have Solomon coming in there. You answered that, and then once again, we still have space to go in the draft and pick up these components. Uh, whether it's in Tier xterior if honestly, if it's me personally being what I've seen with all the people earlier in the draft, I'm gonna go towards that linebacker and secondary, and then later on in the draft, go get me some more d linemen because you have a lot of guys here, like you said, Sam, Neil and Fouler. Right now, we're expecting one of those three guys to be the starter. And then you have a rotational piece, and then you bring in a young guy to groom.
Speaker 5: Can I can I address the mess wise fresh tanking, Michael.
Speaker 6: Let's take a break.
Speaker 4: Come on now, what if that break me off said that.
Speaker 3: Hegna wants to be messy the last Aristocrat game Dallas.
Speaker 2: I come on, hey.
Speaker 9: There, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys Gambling Problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred GA m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced drama of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow Thecaptain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spice Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wfball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of Cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day, Caine's rules raising Cane's chicken fingers.
Speaker 6: One love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Loud.
Speaker 5: The Dallas Cowboys Girl Flag Football League is here. With nearly one hundred participants participating high schools. The Cowboys are thrilled to provide opportunities for athletes to develop their talent and foster the growth of girls flag football in the state of Texas. Find teams, view schedules, and learn more at dallascowboys dot com slash girls Flag.
Speaker 6: Shout out the McCray Baby. Yes, Danny McCrae are former original.
Speaker 11: Founding founding five. Yes, shout out three coaches. Yeah yeah, HEK Maharrison's in the building. Former Cowboy Tray Moore is in the building. Former Cowboy Berry Churches in the building. I have new he scrugs. This is the Players Lounge, brought to you Virus Crack Gaming. So we spent time on the d line here. One of the members who's not coming back from the defense now playing Seattle Seahawks is one tank and heck Maherrison.
Speaker 2: I'm going to let you.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and take it from this since our man Barry Church also was not here last week.
Speaker 2: So now, well, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: I thought that since has News would have an opportunity to break, as soon as we leave the studio, then all of a sudden, all.
Speaker 2: The drama starts to break out and unfold.
Speaker 5: I found it very interesting between Micah and tank All last week the media leading story was these two guys that had been teammates for a number of years seemingly have not gotten along. What I wanted, that's and and look, I just wanted to ask you guys as former players, and I know obviously the locker room, everybody is not gonna get along room.
Speaker 2: And I don't want names.
Speaker 5: I don't want to dig them. I don't want to dig up no troublemo. But have you ever had a situation like that where you were playing with a guy and you thought y'all was famin Then as soon as the guy leave, he realized y'all were not.
Speaker 6: I mean, it happens in all lot of both locker rooms. I was a part of.
Speaker 7: It happens, you know, and it happens usually with the with the top tier, the starters, That's what it usually happens. And you know, you would think. Not for me personally. You know, I never was like beefing with anybody in the locker. I never, you know, I was like, man, whatever it is, what it is. You know, there's guys that I like more than other guys, but I never really had beef, at least from my side of things. But I mean, you see it all the time, whether it's you know, guys that you know aren't doing their job the right way, or you know, some guy comes in and takes that light from the other guy, and then you'll start to see little fractions break off, and you know, this guy's hanging with this guy. This guy's not hanging with this guy anymore. And then you'll start to hit the chit chats, you know, behind the back, says man, if it wasn't for that dude doing this, man, we could be doing this, We could be doing that, and that you know, it starts off as small chit chat here and there, and then it starts to splinter until you know, getting in the film room and you see it.
Speaker 2: I told you, if you would have did this, this would happen.
Speaker 6: And then it breaks off into something crazy.
Speaker 7: And that's what I think happened in this situation, like, I don't know, you know, the ins and outs. I wasn't in the locker room with the Law and Parsons and all that. I wasn't there, but you kind of see the little bickering on the sidelines here and there, and then you know they're back best friends again, and then all of a sudden, when you know, when they part ways, I got.
Speaker 2: Words for you, you got words for me.
Speaker 7: So I don't in my opinion, this is just my opinion. I wasn't in that locker room.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I could be one thousand percent wrong, but to me, I don't think they were ever the you know kumbai Ya twins out there.
Speaker 6: I think it was more of d Law was the top dog at the time.
Speaker 7: Parsons came in, young fresh pup, spawled out and kind of snatched that, kind of stashed the rains as far as the guy on the defensive line, and you know, I don't think Tank took that well, but he kind of had to swallow it because Pauls, because you know, Parsons was that guy and he's generational, so.
Speaker 6: He kind of took the reins from him.
Speaker 7: Man, I don't think that ever kind of sat well with d law So you know when he left, he said what he said, not pointed it directly at parting like that he was just saying.
Speaker 5: It over wrong, did but I think he put it directly.
Speaker 2: You think you think he put it directly? He wrote, what do you mean? Okay?
Speaker 5: So the whole thing derived from him saying that it wasn't and I'm paraphrasing, it's not like we were going to win the super.
Speaker 2: Bowl, and that's that's what I but what was? But what was the follow up after that?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 5: Get him to you know, the fact checked over there. Get Michael him so I.
Speaker 2: Can give my response. I been waiting.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at the super Bowl response.
Speaker 2: He said, organized and short and I'm gonna paraphrase it, but in short terms. He basically followed up and said, well, maybe that's your problem right there. If you stay off Twitter and stopped like pretty much like everybody said, stop doing interviews and all that stuff, you just wouldn't be a problem.
Speaker 4: And I'll still be there. So and he's not.
Speaker 7: The only one that said something about you know, his office, they had his deal with it as well.
Speaker 2: He hasn't.
Speaker 4: He hasn't And all right, here it is there.
Speaker 2: You go there.
Speaker 6: You calling me.
Speaker 3: A clown won't change the fact that I told the truth. Maybe if you spent less time tweeting and more time winning, I wouldn't have left.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's that's that's pointing. That went from that.
Speaker 2: Everybody what to say here, I got a wire view and then soon as somebody says something who.
Speaker 6: Heard porces clap back in Indie law has said this.
Speaker 7: But if we're keeping it up being we always do here, could he have come back like no, No, you can't.
Speaker 2: I would have you Can you have know they were they weren't breaking it back. I'm gonna tell you like this, they won't bring them back for that money if he would have took like a holy discountess. But yeah, of course, all along he said he wasn't going to do it, so we knew he wasn't coming. He never sat around here and gave me that would behoove you to do that. But let's get back to the original thing. As far as what happened between them and I can speak on it because I've been in the locker room with Tank. I love him as a person. It's a it's a hot and fire mixture. Anytime somebody feels threatened in that type of position or just feel disrespected. Why are we sitting here trying to mitigate how many times over the years that he's been the bad boy in the in the media. He says, I want to be the Alfa male. Well, guess what. You can't have two affle dogs on the same d line. And so now that the guy not only come in there, he's an Alfa male and he has the production that you no longer have. That dog is still barking at it and Tank is just not friendly like that. And there's nothing wrong with him. That's what's made him great, a great competitor, and put that chip on his shoulder. He's always felt like he had the battle. So guess what, he made an enemy with this guy. But guess what, we're all friends. Were winning, we're all friends when you're making me look good. But let's not get this misconstruedor man, this is not little league, this is not college no more. We are all grown men and we have a job. I'm looking at the viewers. I'm telling you I have to feed my family. I don't care about that. Like when you first come out of college, like yes, that's cool, let's go over here, let's play the game after this and that. But you have grown men that are out here feeding their family and taking millions away from you. So no longer are you winning, No longer are you getting a notoriety, and now you're on a losing team. It's like now we're fighting for chips and you're taking away my chips. And he spoke on that. Now, granted that I respect the way that he did it. No, you want to talk about it when you leave, like, nah, that ain't it, But I can't. I understand from d lost respect to understanding him as the player and understanding the media gave him the bait and guess what, they went fishing and they got it. So that part of it, I'm not opposed to that. Micah's standing up for your team saying that, yes, rightfully. So now where you start to bring in other people have been talking about him off the field and his off the field interviews and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: That's where the real.
Speaker 2: Question is, like how much do you really feel like this is taken away? If he really stopped doing these interviews, do you think that that time is going to be invested on him making himself better as a football player. Could it be? Yes, will it be? That's a whole different another story. So how much of that's the real question? Is it really that big of a problem? And he is he the sole factor of while we're losing. But don't sit here and try to say, oh, I think they never liked each other.
Speaker 4: No, they didn't, because.
Speaker 2: If they liked each other, they wouldn't even be on Twitter. So the fact that they're doing it out there, like, stop trying to draw this stuff up there. They didn't like each other, They went to work. How many people have you played with? You don't like him? But we have one job to accomplish right here, and while we're on the same team, we're teammates. Take that for what it is. Everybody's not your friend. If you find some few friends now that you're retired, Now that I'm retired, how many players do you actually still talk to and have a good connection with a few of them? Not many? I guarantee you is that everybody Barry Church entering the league when he first was there Jacksonville Cowboys, Barry Church would have said, oh, all these guys are my friends.
Speaker 4: As soon as I left.
Speaker 2: It's like how many people actually checked on you, not the initial retirement, but three months post retirement saying hey, how are you doing this and that? And guess what, when you do the math, you'll realize later on you're not that friends. And so that's the harsh reality. It just sucks that the fans are finally saying this because, like what Mama used to say back in the day, let's keep everything in how so everybody don't know what's going on as a true vet. That's what I'm disappointed in this d laws should have kept that and text him or did whatever. Michael should have text him on the side instead of taking it with the Twitter fingers.
Speaker 7: And that's one thing that you know, I will say, it's one thing to be friends. You don't have to, like you said, you don't have to be friends with everybody, But you don't have to be envious as well. You don't you don't have to sit there and be like, oh man, this guy's taking my shine. All right, Well step the game up, Yeah, I mean, don't you don't hate the man just because he's getting he's better than you. And that's what I always took from it, like, all right, this dude may come in and he made ball out Like we drafted safeties and corners every year I was in the league and they getting they shine.
Speaker 2: Do I sit there and am I envious to that?
Speaker 7: No, I'm not gonna sit there and try to hate on the man because they couldn't in and he's trying to take my spot.
Speaker 4: No like that. That to me and that and that's.
Speaker 7: Why I played as long as I had because I worried about myself and what I have to bring to the table. I'm not worried about what this dude's taking away from me with this guy, and I could be cool with that guy, and I could be.
Speaker 2: Cool with everybody. I'm gonna worry about what I got to do.
Speaker 7: I'm not worried about what this man or the next man got to do as far as taking my position.
Speaker 2: Like if you took my positions, kudos? Do you took my position?
Speaker 7: But man, look, I'm not gonna sit here and be mad at or envious over somebody that's coming in.
Speaker 2: And trying to take the shine they're trying to eat as well.
Speaker 6: Put him on the podcast.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: They never went on the podcast together and never had exactly you go with your heck, when you look at it at the end of the day, I felt like from the beginning it was always going to be a situation of a passing the torch when it came down between Tank and Micah, and we knew what kind of.
Speaker 2: Leadership guy Tank was.
Speaker 5: He's the raw rock, get everybody going before the game, but also a guy that was a plug that plugged the run was. It didn't have the big sack numbers. But when it comes down to the alphas, I mean, you got a locker room full of alpha males, and that's the that's the management part of the head coaching coaching staff is to make sure that you manage all of that. To me, it reeks of the organization dysfunction when it comes down to two guys that have played together, ball together, been in the trenches together, and one leaves and then you'll part these parting shots.
Speaker 2: And I didn't.
Speaker 5: And again, for however, Tank said it, like you said, they went fishing, they got what they wanted.
Speaker 2: He felled for the bait.
Speaker 5: Maybe you should have answered that a little bit different, you know, because a lot of guys when they leave Dallas, they come back anyway, right, they come back, but they come back, they have homes, they're a part of the community. And for me, it's so much good will that you've invested here. You don't want to throw all that away with a comment made in the media.
Speaker 2: And I don't think that he did.
Speaker 5: I just thought that it was very ugly to see two guys that were stars here go at each other's throat and what the hell did that do when we were on Sundays against Philadelphia against the Giants. If you guys are not on the same page out here about this and you both a millionaires, you both getting paid, Okay, this ain't nobody's got alligator ons to do two.
Speaker 2: Big up the bill, come on now, I mean.
Speaker 5: And to see them, to see them battle like that in the media and to have thug thumbs and go after each other, I thought that was ugly.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: It was messy and I didn't like it at all. And to hear from you guys and to hear that, look, hey, it ain't all love anyway in the locker room. But it's how you handle yourself.
Speaker 2: Definitely. The perception is everything. That's all you got to remember. Somebody is always watching, and like you said, you're building money, like you don't want to go out there and diminished that. Like later on y'all might want to talk about this be on the podcast and stuff like that. You never burn a bridge because you never know where that bridge might leave that. So that's where that is. Not cotton bro. We gotta go take it. You gotta take our second. I'm looking at that man, that's a what is that? I got? Red counters? Got on my rule? My egg is the best part in a lot of people got that.
Speaker 6: Are the cowboys set at the running back position.
Speaker 2: Let's die? Why you playing signspect?
Speaker 7: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetty store?
Speaker 2: Letter rip Troy?
Speaker 12: All right, folks, let's get started with the yeeddy French Press and Jeorge Colby This Day's hot for hours and French Press thirty four ouns for U six four for the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproofs and Ersta waterproof doubles, water prove bag bags sports mostly the waters To get a water prove Yetty bag?
Speaker 6: You don't smell something cooking? New cash iron skillets made to.
Speaker 12: Be passed down like Mama's recipes, Take a steak, cornback, comperence, pot pine and potatoes next obi with three size Yetti cashtarmskillers.
Speaker 13: Gear gifts, and product experts, visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 2: Today life is a.
Speaker 14: Workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 6: That scary bridge.
Speaker 14: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order.
Speaker 4: Plus.
Speaker 9: Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is full of.
Speaker 9: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball, make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: Hey, Cowboy fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 10: Prescott slides with.
Speaker 13: The first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 13: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Back to the.
Speaker 15: Players Lounge, Kendrick Lamar and Sizza are bringing the Grand National Tour to AT and T Stadium on Saturday, April twenty six.
Speaker 5: Limited tickets remain. Don't miss one of the biggest shows of the year. Get your tickets today at seek geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of T n T Stadium.
Speaker 4: They would like, can I be in the sweet please?
Speaker 6: We need to get the Source Awards here.
Speaker 3: I've been telling you need tell them when the cowboy pr peoples man tell bring the Source of Wars.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you watch it all in the video.
Speaker 4: Like this, come down here.
Speaker 2: They got a little for the West Coast. Listen, you got podcasts.
Speaker 5: I'm here, we got we got not expected to come out of your mouth.
Speaker 6: Video tribute for Sugar.
Speaker 2: One hundred and three thousands. Any artists want to be an artist? Your a T and T stadium.
Speaker 6: For the Source Wars.
Speaker 2: My god me, that a good step for Jerry. All right, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I've been telling you because my man I used to go to to send out the press releases, another country concerts and bring the Source Awards and the Sour Spring somebody.
Speaker 6: And so the fact that they brought in and Kendrick.
Speaker 2: Is big, ain't nothing like that. But I'm there's one level.
Speaker 6: Hey, we got the Country Music Awards here, so the.
Speaker 2: Community together, man, war the wars still around? Thank god?
Speaker 6: You know, why not bring it back, Jared?
Speaker 5: Ain't nobody want If anybody can bring it back, it's Jerry, Jared the Source bag.
Speaker 2: Bring it.
Speaker 6: You could be the source to the So.
Speaker 3: Get back, bring it back all right, past game tech, Maharrison, Trade, Moore Bury Church of New he scrugs. So three players talking to the media today coming up at eleven o'clock hour, gonna be Dante Fowler, Paris Campbell, and Miles Sanders. Miles Sanders running back, go along with Javonte Williams running back to the Cowboys have here. You've got got Duce Vaughan in the in the running back room. There are rumors the Lord to say the Cowboys will spend a first or second day pick on a running back.
Speaker 6: How are we feeling about the run the back room?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: You laugh? Go ahead.
Speaker 6: I said, if you.
Speaker 7: Get set a first day like you just said, if you get a first day the second day, you know, you get a second day guy in there, I think you can be solid. I ain't gonna say you set and you're gonna have that, you know, DeMarco Murray. If they running back like we used to seeing from the Cowboys, but I think you would have enough bodies in there and enough talent in there to have some sort of a run game. Now, will this team in this offense run the football? Because we've all heard it before. We're gonna run the ball, we're gonna be balanced, we're gonna do this that we're gonna help the defense. And where do they go out there and do throw the ball fifty times a year game? So I think if they commit to the run, with the bodies they have in there, the Miles Sanders, the Williams of the world, you go get you a Day two guy in there as well, somebody that's super talented and have just a different assortment of backs, then I believe you can get.
Speaker 6: The job done.
Speaker 4: I think they got the job done.
Speaker 2: They found multiple people in there, all these like you said, the different assortment in the backs. You have your bull dozer in there, you have your scat bag, you know, and a lot of these guys haven't had the opportunity. The head coach they have is a run first guy. Then you have all the guy the weapons that they have added. I think one you have to go get a Day two guy. I wouldn't say necessarily reach, and we talked about this plenty of timely. I don't think the Cowboys should reach in that first round. If the guy that you just aren't in love with, I know everybody's saying Ashton Gent but like the guy from North Carolina, I'm I'm favorite of him. But for me, I would trade back and then sit here in the draft like this is a running back draft, the heavy class. Why you can't sit and wait until the second round. Go get somebody that's good, or shoot, what's the guy in Tampa Bay, Bucky Irving? They found out what round was? Was he in with fourth round? They don't have a fourth? Okay, I'm saying, why do you keep going back with the mingo thing? Fourth? I know, I know, but I'm saying that you can. I say that to say you can go find you a starter late. There's not a big necessary you you got all your debt pieces.
Speaker 3: They don't need to wait. They don't need to they don't need to wait. Stop playing around. Waited last year you didn't get got so.
Speaker 2: That was free agency.
Speaker 4: That was Derek Henry.
Speaker 6: No, he was even drafted last year.
Speaker 2: They last last year.
Speaker 6: They stop waiting, stop wait.
Speaker 3: So so Thursday Friday, somebody somebody need to be harry that rock.
Speaker 4: There is somebody that needs to be broke toting that rock.
Speaker 2: But like you said, we just talked about linebackers earlier that you got to fill in offensive line for all these running backs. Why would you go get five or six running backs and don't have an offensive line that can block for oh.
Speaker 6: Man, your off Wow, not devastating.
Speaker 4: It's not. It's not it's devastating.
Speaker 7: But they're still devastated or devastating devastating.
Speaker 2: It's not devastating. That is devastated.
Speaker 3: I would disagree. Look, you lost Zach Martin, but we knew. We knew all year long he wouldn't coming back. You knew that, Okay, you knew that. So if you take Bbie off center, put him at guard, put Hoff in the center, you can you can.
Speaker 6: You can work with that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: Now I go back to this, the great Nate Newton talked about, Hey man, I was just a player. Then Nimmy Smith showed up.
Speaker 3: Now I'm a pro bowler. Get you get a really, really good running back, you can make some work. When LT was with the Chargers, man he looked took some regular dudes. Next thing, you know, they're looking good. When he was a TC man ran four hundred yards all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: You know, dudes was damn for LT.
Speaker 5: Look at the two running you bring up, you bring up, you break up L T see M and or LT in this draft right here, because it's the thing. If you're gonna have to run the ball, you're gonna have to try for sure in the NFC East. But I have I have an issue with be positive hect Miles Sanders Williams to me as a tandem. If you're going to keep those guys and you're also going to go on the second day and draft a running back, somebody's gonna be an odd man out in this situation. And I don't think you could keep all three, all four of those running backs because somebody's not gonna play uh special teams.
Speaker 2: That's the truth.
Speaker 3: So let's just all right, so so fun I mentioned just look at the Raiders without Josh Jacobs, look at the Packers with it.
Speaker 4: Who's Josh? Who's this on this roster?
Speaker 2: Who's Joe?
Speaker 3: No, That's what I'm talking about, going in the draft, finding finding a player, finding a running back who can help you. So we're gonna throw bodies and we're gonna throw a a you know, hopefully because we've seen, Okay, of all the positions you've got in the NFL, one of the in my opinion, tell me if I'm wrong. Isn't running back one of the easiest positions to transition from the college level to the professional level. Shoddy says, I want to run the ball if you're going to help your defense the ball for sure. So okay, granted, hey, it ain't gonna be Sae Kwon Barkley because you're not drafted a high But if Jent is sitting here at twelve, the Hampton kid from North Carolina looks like a three down back.
Speaker 4: They're guys out here.
Speaker 3: Olie Gordon from from Olaoma State, he's gonna come in for Dallas. Mean, there are the ability to say, let's go throw some bodies here at this position and just run the ball. How many times did they Mike tub Up, we gonna play comedy football? Next thing you they throw forty a game, Cooper I first start. But do you overreach for that? Running back?
Speaker 2: Is the question though? And are like or if say, say you get there, my bad, I'm gonna let you. But like, say you get there to twelve and all these running backs drop and now you're sitting here with all of them still sitting there, do you trade back just maybe one or two positions? So you can get more.
Speaker 6: That's a possibility.
Speaker 3: You could do it like you did with they did it with Micah or they did it.
Speaker 6: With Roy Williams.
Speaker 3: You could you could trade and say, hey, look we know what we're gonna go back two spots or three spots and get us a three.
Speaker 6: That's definitely something that can happen.
Speaker 3: But what you don't need to do is spend another year talking about we're gonna wait, and then you waited so long you don't get got So I'd rather them go ahead and jump on it quick and go get somebody to actually get out here and run the ball.
Speaker 2: You want them to jump get on it quick enough to jump up a position, get that guy twelve. They don't.
Speaker 6: They don't have enough.
Speaker 5: What's confusing to me, guys, is we have talked all season about the holes that this team has. It's a lot of holes. And you're you're asking for this team on draft night to nail it at every pick, and.
Speaker 2: I mean nobody ever does.
Speaker 3: But the opportunity, the opportunity to at least do what they did when they've drafted Zeke, to say we have a running back hole. Let's fill the hole. That ability is there be it. If it's not gent, it could be Hampton could it could be a whole host of other guys. Or this is a good running back draft. But if your head coach is telling you we won't run the ball, go ahead.
Speaker 2: And get some people out here. You can do it.
Speaker 3: And you're Sanders and Williams. These are guys who are alda Ross. They can help teach the guy how to be a professional. But go out here and go get somebody who can help you make a difference. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong. They can still sit there twelve and take a wide receiver. Who knows they'll do. They got holds, like we talked about, hold On, got receiver they got they take you take tech nic Millon from Arizona at twelve. That guy's good football player. That guy's a good football player. And oh, by the way, you need some help over. They tried to get Cooper Cup, couldn't get in. You better go get somebody Cooper Cup. So they try to Cooper Cup. I believe it, try to recruit him, recruit him.
Speaker 5: And Cooper Cup came in and said all this bread and they ain't give him a bagel.
Speaker 8: I believe it when I see it all right, fun show, fun show graduated, Batmanry Church, Trade, More, Harrison Such thinks that, Josh Jazz, Chris Bean, the Bean Kids, everybody helping us get the show done today.
Speaker 6: Will talk to you next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club