Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Noel.
Speaker 3: They call me Ben.
Speaker 4: We're joined as always with our super producer Dylan the Tennessee pal Fagan. Most importantly, you are you. You are here that makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. Welcome, friends and neighbors, fellow conspiracy realist to our weekly listener mail where we get to hear from the best part of the show, which is indeed you.
Speaker 3: Let us be the first to welcome you to Thursday.
Speaker 4: May the eighth, twenty twenty five quick question, and we spent some time hanging out before we start rolling. You guys, did edy of us see that constant meme with Justin Timberlake saying it's gonna be mad my.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be my? Yes?
Speaker 5: And have you also seen the incredible clip where he in his solo career days, does the most cringey white boy beatbox ever committed to video.
Speaker 3: Dylan knows Dylan is this like is this like a Mickey Mouse era? No, no, no, it's unfortunately no.
Speaker 5: It is post in sync in his solo career, and he does this bomb check a boum wow kind of thing while doing a day.
Speaker 3: Like he's old enough to like rent a car.
Speaker 5: Part of his concert performance, and it gets punked on quite often on the Oh boy.
Speaker 3: Well, it's tough to work in entertainment, as you guys know. That's true. That is true.
Speaker 2: I've been listening to a lot of the Lonely Island Seth Meyer's podcast and they talk about justin a lot because of his involvement in the shorts and stuff.
Speaker 3: Very good.
Speaker 2: I'm I I've rekindled my appreciation of that guy on screen.
Speaker 4: Honestly, the comedic timing unparalleled, you know, super great in a box is up there with crimea River.
Speaker 3: Honestly, just in a song strut, just be real, let's just go all the way back. It's it's better than Beethoven.
Speaker 4: Screw that guy overrated also went death Beethoven.
Speaker 3: True, that's true. Sorry, just a really quick I saw an incredible video. I hope this is true.
Speaker 5: I am just reporting this having seen it and reporting it as though it were true. But apparently Beethoven, when he went deaf, he had a device that essentially was connected to the body of the piano that he put in his mouth, and it vibrated through his skull and essentially bypassed his actual ears and reached his inner ears directly, so he was able to more or less approximate hearing.
Speaker 3: I thought that was pretty incredible, and then a.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a technology we used to use back in the day, right, because vibration is sound, right, and this is an excellent setup for some of the things we're going to discuss this evening. We are going to uh, maybe talk a little bit about melungeons. We're definitely gonna follow up on how to steal a ton of meat or tons of meat, and uh, we're we're going to maybe bust some speculation about serial killers.
Speaker 3: Before we do any of that, we're going to take a.
Speaker 4: Pause for a word from our sponsors, and we're going to get back into the science of sound.
Speaker 6: Sound And we have returned, and I think I'm gonna start off today, thanks guys, with a topic that is near and dear to all of us and very much to me.
Speaker 5: Anything music related, music history related, and music technology. Related and also Satanic panic related. We've talked a bit recently about the idea of backwards masking, of hiding messages, subliminal messages in popular music or you know, just any recording in general. In fact, we talked a little bit about that in a segment with Justin Richmond as part of our live show that we just published the episode version of just a few weeks ago, talking about different backmasking examples. Are they real, are they unintentional? Is it a coincidence or or you know, is Judas Priest actually trying to corrupt the youth. So we are hearing today from a friend of ours. I'm just going to call T an H because they didn't give a nickname, and they didn't give explicit permission to use their name, so I think that's respectful.
Speaker 3: There two new howls there. You go. Love that.
Speaker 5: And this is an individual who writes to us quite frequently and quite intelligently, and we do appreciate hearing from U T and H every time that we do. So I'm just going to jump right into T and hs experience as a teenager in the eighties. I'm painfully aware of the Satanic panic, but I was a kid who liked to figure things out, same with all of us. My d thought was that all the back masking crap was initially nonsensical people suffering from moral panic hearing what they were looking for, and later it just became a joke as bands leaned into it one hundred percent DNH.
Speaker 3: We talked a good bit about that with.
Speaker 5: Justin as part of the live show Revolution number nine, which is one of the first clips I believe we reference, is closest to the real thing I've ever heard. From experimenting with cassette tapes as a kid, I found that turn me on dead Man only works with a Liverpool accent. I recorded it both ways, so cool, and it actually works both ways, but it's very likely, in my opinion, a massive coincidence. Some of my favorite examples are from Christian bands Petra. Interestingly enough, as the intro to their song Judas Kiss used a clear backward phrase when played backward is intended to shame the satanic panic people. That's interesting because obviously Judas Priest you know, is a bit of a.
Speaker 3: I don't know, cheeky blaspheme.
Speaker 5: Let's just call it right, isn't the idea of a Judas Priest being like a sacrilegious priest.
Speaker 3: Guys, is that maybe where where that name comes from?
Speaker 5: The Judas being the one who betrayed Jesus and a Judas Priest being a turncoat member of the clergy.
Speaker 3: I reckon, it's really good wordplay. It's not bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did Judas not kiss Jesus?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying I think the reference here in using back masking. I don't know exactly when this track came out, and I'll google it, but I have no doubt in my mind that it is a reference to one of the most public cases of backmasking that involved an actual lawsuit. The idea was that Judas Priest hid messages in one of their popular songs suggesting that the listener unlive themselves there and it was something like do it, do it, do it? And the case came forward in the UK due to some parents whose child sadly did that very thing, and they believe that it was due to these messages embedded and Judas Priest recordings. It was, however, of course, thrown out of court and famously said, if we were going to hide messages in our records. It would be something like buy more records.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your honor may I approached the bench absolutely, okay, side so right sidebar here just between us millions of people in the NSA. It seems that it seems the reasoning there is obviously coming from grief, right, and we don't want to diminish that. But it also seems that this kind of moral panic over the concept of backmasking is enticing to the public because it requires you to participate in puzzle solving. Right now, you're figuring this out. Yeah, yeah, paradilia. So to your to your note about just do it right with Judas Priests, If that were true, if like a publicly consumable product could make people, as you say, un alive themselves, then what's the difference between Judas Priest and Nikes.
Speaker 3: I was kidding.
Speaker 5: Just do it and that's right out there front center with the swoosh on.
Speaker 3: All their stuff is. But you don't have to crack a code. Well, just see it. That's the thing.
Speaker 7: Ben.
Speaker 3: The question there becomes it's so much subtext. Where do it? Do it? Do it? I mean, do what like? I mean?
Speaker 5: There's nothing in there even suggested that is specific about a method or you know, anything beyond that. So it's almost like by the very nature of it being hidden, it is somehow nefarious, right, but it being out there in the open. I mean, hell, we make the joke about they live in our sketch that you wrote that we did as part of the live show, the idea of slogans and things, you know, hiding his evil messages in plain sight. But at the end of the day, advertising is all about subliminal messages, and it's all about influencing people's decisions, and somehow that wasn't being called into question.
Speaker 3: I think you're right on the money.
Speaker 4: Ben Oh also credit where due Let us not forget that sketch is the ideation of our own mister Matt Frederick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was, yeah, and it was a lovely collaboration between the three of us. You wrote this to the text, I did the sound design, Matt pitched the idea. That led to a thing that we all made together and did live. Then it was really really fun and rewarding, and I hope everyone enjoyed it. So going on, Judas Kiss and I did look it up. It was eighty three, so I'm not mistaken. It was right there in this whole time frame. Judas Kiss used a clearly backward phrase. When played backwards, is intended to shame the Satanic panic people. It says, why are you looking for the devil when you ought to be looking.
Speaker 3: For the Lord? That is fascinating.
Speaker 5: When I initially read this, I thought it being a Christian band, that they maybe were somehow on the Christian bandwagon of this being a real thing. But no, they are wagging the finger a little bit coyly at the folks that were promoting these ideas in terms of them being a thing and bringing them forward and causing this panic.
Speaker 3: Why are you looking for the devil? People?
Speaker 5: Kind of trying to find the devil in anything is usually a big tenet of witch hunt type panics, you know, for example the Salem witch Trials that was about people seeing the devil in everything when you ought to be looking for the Lord. My absolute all time favorite from my favorite band as a kid doing a song about my favorite poet, Daniel Amos is William Blake. I think we all hear a stuff they don't want you to know. Are also huge fans of William Blake, both his poetry and his incredible visual art I really love Yes, Yes, You're going places that William Blake. Toward the end of the song, they brilliantly have background voices clearly backwards saying William William played backward. It's chan who loves you? Who loves you, William Blake. It is absolutely amazing. As I know, the guys had to have done it deliberately, but to this day, I don't get any of them to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 5: He must have a connection with these folks. Any of them talk about it. It's their own private joke that I stumbled upon when I was fifteen.
Speaker 3: That's it. I don't know, guys.
Speaker 5: I thought it must might be a fun opportunity just to talk a little bit more about the concept of backwards masking. How I think you know, Justin was skeptical from the start, and I think we all were as well. And I don't believe that other than the intentional kind of thumbing the nose at the whole panic of it, any of these were anything but coincidental and that pat pattern seeking kind of behavior that the human mind is prone to, were any.
Speaker 3: Of them convincing to y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm going down a bit of a Petro Power Praise Rabbit Hole. It was one of my favorite bands.
Speaker 3: No joke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's your favorite, like, Matt, what's the banger single?
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing. I don't even remember. I had their CDs. I would listen to them. I cannot remember their music.
Speaker 3: So they were like I remember that was cool with the Christian Church.
Speaker 4: They were almost like you remember like the emotional connection or that time in your past.
Speaker 2: I remember the band, I remember the disc and the lion that was on it. I remember that it just sounded like heavy metal music, but Jesus was at the center of the songs.
Speaker 3: I like that. He's another real up and common com great hair too, by the way. Serious I want to say.
Speaker 2: I want to say they did of they did a cover of My God is an Awesome God, But I don't think it's that one that's like my favorite MS.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good structure too for a song. I just can't remember that Raise Raise having.
Speaker 5: I gotta hear this, Matt, so like, I guess my question to you though, is, as someone who grew up in the church, was this something that you were like turned onto by like a youth pastor or something where this was sort of a band that was like, okay, you know, as a substitute for the like darker heavy metal that maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did you find it? How did you find it?
Speaker 2: How did I find Well? I was listening to a lot of Michael W. Smith.
Speaker 3: I remember that distinctly.
Speaker 2: I remember getting into the Jars of the Clay, and I remember the Third Day and DC Talk. But Petro was in there somewhere after forty days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's a flood. Yeah, it was all great flood there.
Speaker 2: I was learning how to play drums to a bunch of songs for youth groups. So I don't know. It's all in there somewhere, and Petro was a big part of it.
Speaker 5: But because Petra is an actual facts eighties Christian hair metal band, let's just ya get that out there. The other band we were talking about were more contemporary for when you were growing up, right, do.
Speaker 4: You guys remember when that band mx PX say hey, we're also a Christian band.
Speaker 2: Yes, if they were punk.
Speaker 3: Can be Christian punks.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like when Icy guys, it's Scott.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's Scott. Okay, sure.
Speaker 4: It's sort of like when ICP revealed, Uh, the Great conspiracy of the Carnival. I can say that because I'm wearing flannel right now.
Speaker 3: You also have a hatchet tattoo on your ankle that you're not telling us.
Speaker 4: No, I got to get in the graveyard. Plus you know that I can't tattoos.
Speaker 3: Plus so uh yeah.
Speaker 4: The when insane clown Posse came out as Christian, there was also a bit of.
Speaker 3: This is news to me, fre Yeah, I didn't know that they came out as Christian. Yeah, I don't even like saying came out and whatever. I did what you mean, but they were. They're pretty profane either.
Speaker 5: Early I see peace stuff is pretty demonic and dark and also you know, lots of swears.
Speaker 3: I really didn't know that.
Speaker 5: I guess is that maybe in their Magnets era when kind of credit power of magnets to the glory of God and then you know, wow, what a crazy thing that God hath wrought.
Speaker 4: Well, far be it for us to cast any aspersion on a massive demographic in the US that the FBI did once classify as domestic terrorist. So we're going to be on our p's and ques with this one. I think we're all extremely fascinated by backmasking, and I just learned something new about you guys. You guys listen to music forward. I've only listened to it backwards.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I'm very confused, Ben, I know you're seizing and and there's the thing about this though, that I think came up. Maybe we talked about it more in the lead up to the show, and we maybe didn't make it in, but we were talking about how the early days of like recording technology, when it became more accessible to folks, there was a realization that you could flip a tape backwards and play things in reverse. And some of the early examples of that were experimented by the great magician Alistair Crowley. And this idea like almost like what they call parcel tongue in the Harry Potter universe, you know, the idea of sort of these whispered backwards the incantations that by learning to speak backwards like a lah David Lynch, you could, you know, in some way cast a spell. So that's actually one of the earliest examples of folks kind of experimenting with this stuff. And then in France you had the music Concrete kind of experimental genre where people were taking tape machines and you know, recording equipment and using them quote unquote incorrectly and trying to make collages and things with sound instead of with visuals. And that is the tradition that Revolution number nine by the Beatles stems from and was inspired by.
Speaker 4: Oh well, nice structure on that, would know. Also, you reminded me that we need a quick maya kulpa for the audience. We missed something in our very beginning, and it's so apropos for this conversation about coding and music.
Speaker 3: We have to dig some rootabagas.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, gosh, wait, well we were promised rudabacas.
Speaker 4: There it is, pay it backwards, Dylan.
Speaker 3: Finds away.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna say that Dylan Fagan looks a little bit like Jesus Christ, just like from an outsider perspective, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He does look a little bit like Jesus totally.
Speaker 2: Like if he cleaned up and had a guitar. We're embarrassing, Uh, Dylan has new Is it coming soon?
Speaker 4: By the way I saw those musician Yeah yeah, yeah, let's continue to embarrass it to it.
Speaker 3: No before we move on.
Speaker 4: If you had a thesis response, to our friend.
Speaker 3: LHR twenty twenty novel hotels. Then sorry you guys, I didn't even get that letter, not even what would.
Speaker 5: Your response be, Oh, I think this, I just this is the part of it that I do find fascinating is the much more so than any potential real life nefarious meaning behind any of these, is just the kind of punk nature of the backlash against it from the music community. And I just love the idea that also extended into Christian music, which is a genre that I am deeply unfamiliar with other than its kind of some of those top names that we mentioned, but like all of the stuff. I think one of the examples that we played in the little game we did with Justin was the B fifty two's with a hidden message basically say like I buried my parakeet in the backyard. Oh no, you're playing your record backwards. You might damage your needle, you know, just like it's such a fun little kind of let's just this is too serious, let's take this down a notch. And even some of the heavier bands that you know might be considered a little more self serious played it for laughs. So I'm a huge fan of them. So huge thanks to Tennessee novel hero and we're gonna be back after a quick word from our sponsor with more messages from others that maybe you.
Speaker 2: And we've returned to guys, and guess what what what we have the meats. We are gonna go full meat in this section of the show, Prepare yourselves. The meat begins with Chef Ben.
Speaker 3: Naw boy rdep No, Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Well do you know his last name and we know his website and he's awesome here we can we have some jokes from them.
Speaker 8: Heck yeah, fella's Chef Ben in Chicago. Listening to your episode where you highlight an eighty thousand pounds meat heist. Always here for a heist. This is me officially saying I have not hoisted any meat, especially of that amount. A couples about that, first off, unless it's fresh shellfish, right like your oysters, your muscles, stuff like that. People in my industry aren't gonna be too cranky about the provenance of an ever so slightly discounted product. Right You're running a barbecue place and somebody comes up to you and is like, hey, got a bunch of brisket, and I know you're paying fourteen dollars a pounds for your brisket. I'll let you have this for twelve dollars a pound. People in my industry aren't going to ask too many questions, right, However, I would like to say, because that's kind of a haphazard way to do it, Like, you don't steal eighty thousand pounds of meat and then say what do I do next? Right in Chicago, we've got a face where everybody's got a guy. Right, you need to get your fry or fixed. Do you need a new condenser for a walk in cooler? You need a dishwasher just for three days? You got a guy. You got a guy for everything. So let's say everybody in town knows you as the meat guy. They are presuming that you made the meat where you sourced it in such a way that it's totally cool. But if you've stolen all that meat, the people you're selling it to they don't know, and they don't care. The people in my industry they don't care. So I would say that somebody who steals eighty thousand pounds of meat is a known quantity, is a known person to all the people that you are going to sell to barbecue restaurants, burger restaurants, push your shops, that sort of thing. So what you're looking for here? And this is organized crime. This isn't just like a oh, somebody left a truck idling in a parking lot. I must steal this truck full of meat. This is a hit, and this is somebody's livelihood, and it's not the first time they've done it. As always, feel free to use this on your lovely, Lovely show, and I will continue to listen. Now that I drive a lot more guys, it's four of us driving all over Chicago, appreciating her along for the ride.
Speaker 7: Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Yay, we love Chicago. Thank yeah, thanks Chef Ben, Chef Ben.
Speaker 4: I love Chef Chef Ben, and I hope you enjoyed the joke we we cracked in commiseration with you earlier.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 4: Also, clearly, Matt Nol, I am biased. I have a very strong probe ben bias on things, understandably, but this chef is that the chef has been nail at it lately. And I think that's a really good point regarding the idea of having a quote unquote guy knowing the providence and it definitely does seem that this was not an act of simple opportunism, right, This does feel planned. I remember we were when we first talked about this meat heist in a Strange News recording hour that.
Speaker 2: Was early April. Ben, you brought us the story correct.
Speaker 4: Our early like I remember, our question was how do you move it?
Speaker 3: What do you do to meet with all this meat? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well guys, that was the big question, right. But then I went back and I looked at Strange News from November twenty twenty two. We talked about another frozen meat heist and another meat crime ring. So the rhymes of the hearts, yes, the one, yes, the one that Chef Ben is talking about. Is that eighty thousand pounds, huge deal. But there were no rests, No, there's no update yet to what happened. There around three hundred and fifty thousand dollars worth of meat take and this concept where do you take it? How do you do it? How organized is this as a crime?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 2: If you go back to the twenty twenty two to one, there were three men in Florida who got sentenced for stealing semi truckloads of frozen beef and pork from six states. There were forty five total thefts totaling nine million dollars in loss, and it was it was basically a huge, almost rico case for these guys in Florida.
Speaker 3: Like nine million dollars worth or yes, like.
Speaker 2: That, forty five thefts nine million dollars and.
Speaker 4: You brought that story. I just want to give credit where it's do there met You have one of my favorite internal titles. You called it grand theft carne.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, quite clever, yes, oh yes, every once in a while I could make it happen.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about you have? Mine was clever fellows, I know, but yeah, you're pretty great at it.
Speaker 2: But then, so this is all where we're all thinking about this together now because we just talked about it again recently. So another person called in with some information that then ties kind of these two things together, and especially this concept of what do you do with it? How does it work? How organized is it? So let's go to this gentleman. I'll uh, I'll let him tell us his name.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, this is a fast watch of stunt, double strange news you guys did about the meat stuff that's actually really common I'm in the trucking industry, and food is stolen all the time because it's untraceable and easy to turn over.
Speaker 8: So oftentimes for.
Speaker 7: Like all Front Podegas, small family run market. One of the markets nearby where I used to live was a Mexican market and they were receiving all kinds of stolen food and meat things like that without even knowing. People set up fake trucking companies all the time, or they'll set up fake bills or fake dispatches to real truckers, get them to go pick it up and offload someplace weird, and there's truckers that actually in the jail over the whole thing. If you guys want to check out some more information on it. There's a really good podcasts called The nut Job, which talks about a almond heist in California where the trucker that picked up a bunch of almonds turned out to be fake bill and it was stolen almonds and he went to GYP.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, whoa Sasquatch's stunt double sasquatches stunt double perfect?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Ten? Ten no notes.
Speaker 4: I hope that is your legal name on your birth certificate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the really important thing is that Sasquatch's stunt double is kind of reinforcing something that Chef Benz said to us, which is, maybe, you know, Chef ben says, maybe the people buying the meat don't really care that much where it came from. But then he kind of reinforces that, saying, you know, some of these smaller family businesses, you've just got cheaper meat so you can actually make you know, more of a profit on the things you're trying to sell. Especially if you're a smaller business, it just makes sense. And you may have no idea that anything has gone wrong, that there's any wrongdoing whatsoever, but you are still able to run your business right.
Speaker 4: Especially in both restaurants and mom and pop retail stores, there's such a razor thin margin of survival, right, let them out profitability. And and what I love about these points, guys, is that we're not saying people are knowingly participating in some kind of criminal activity or being And know you were in my head for a second both said meat fence. Yes, people people aren't knowingly consenting to be you know, quote unquote meat fencers, but they are maybe folks who know a guy who has.
Speaker 3: That's another thing entirely. It's like a sport where you fight with meat meat fencing.
Speaker 5: You know, we had a whole one hand behind your back and you just slap each other mistakes.
Speaker 4: I've also pictory you also to get a fence built for your house. Maybe some guys like, yeah, wood prices are through the roof, but we can make you a fence.
Speaker 2: Let's pork this fence.
Speaker 3: Let's make it work. Let's pork this fence. We get more to get to.
Speaker 2: Just a little aside here listening to Sasquatch's stunt double talk about the nut job another podcast. I had never heard of that before, but the idea of an almond heist also kind of new to me. There is an entire Wikipedia entry for quote California nut crimes.
Speaker 9: California nut crimes, the name of our new state, by the way, production by Dylan Fagan aka Street Jesus, California Nutcrimes.
Speaker 4: Well, it's interesting to just a moment on that aside, because technically speaking, right, almonds are a very thirsty crop to grow. California has a lot of problems with water security, so you could argue that that an almond heist is getting close to what we in a few years or decades, hence we'll call water crimes.
Speaker 3: They're on the way man, totally.
Speaker 5: We've talked about it before and I think you nailed it, Ben, mm hmm, that nas at all?
Speaker 3: What is it? Aquault? Is it Aquacola?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 4: Start start by watching Babe film, right, and then get up the Fury road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and eventually Death of a Unicorn, which was great. Watch it last night.
Speaker 3: It was good. You liked it.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it very I want to see it. I'm excited to see it. I want to see something. I want to hear some more meat heist.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, first first we have to we have to hear a description of meat fencing from our own Dylan Tennessee Powell. Yes, put it in the chat.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, with great with great affection.
Speaker 4: Uh, Dylan says, So two fencers with one of those big euro meat cones in the middle, and they're slicing it from either side.
Speaker 2: You whoa that impression?
Speaker 4: No, okay, it's just a different voice, just going with a gentle delivery.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 5: So they're slicing it, it's it's in the center. And it's a slicing competition.
Speaker 2: Yes, but with fencing swords.
Speaker 5: With fencing sword which don't have an edge, by the really hard to slice meats, there is a saber that is a separate event within you could use, yes, yes, yes, a meat saber which definitely isn't a euphemism for nanny.
Speaker 3: Do it as a whisper a whisper.
Speaker 2: Well, Dylan just says, so, gentle, that's how you got it. You do it with your fencing.
Speaker 3: Swords, So gentle, got it.
Speaker 2: You let the turning of the what are those machines? You let the turning on the machine work for you. And yeah, yeah, yeah, yeh yeah. Okay guys. One last message here from a person calling us from Canada who just has a little bit.
Speaker 5: More info and thanks for still being our friends Canadian listening.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you being a Yeah, we love you. That's very clear, Yes we do.
Speaker 5: We are not a party to the negative talk towards your country.
Speaker 2: Here's our message.
Speaker 8: Greeting denizens of the boy.
Speaker 10: This is token Canucks. Just wanted to give you a little insight into something that's going on in relation to the meat heist story that you recently spoke about on a news segment where eighty thousand pounds of beef were stolen by a fraudulent trucking company. This isn't something unique to meet or a specific industry. This is actually a huge problem right now with people in the luxury and exotic car industry. Someone will purchase a car from a reputable dealership, new or use, you know, they need to have a ship to them. They may be across the country, they may be a couple of states away. Distance doesn't really matter. But what happens is these vehicles are sent to what's called central Dispatch, which basically just subcontracts out shipping of the vehicles to a number of trucking companies. Some of these trucking companies are fronts for organized crime, and expensive vehicles end up in places like Mexico or the Middle East or countries where they're a lot harder to get a hold of. So the dealership is out of car, the person who purchased the cars out of car, and the criminals are getting away with it. This is rampant right now. It's a huge issue, and if you do a little bit of digging, you'll see lots of interesting stories about what's going on. And where these cars end up anyway, Thanks for the great show, and I appreciate everything you guys do to warm people about interesting goings on in the world.
Speaker 3: Thank you Boom.
Speaker 5: What a quintessentially Canadian voice. I love everything about that. That warmed my heart. Thank you and just a lovely human person. Thank you very much for calling well.
Speaker 2: I just love that we're having our perspective expanded out or changed enough to where we're thinking about cars in this way and fake bills of laden or lading lately, and just you know, front companies, front trucking companies, all that kind of stuff. It's just all happening around. It's not just affecting meat. I don't know, maybe there's more to even discover in a big episode guys about maybe front another front companies type episode, because I know we've talked about them several times, but maybe there's something in there.
Speaker 4: I think there's a stuff they don't want you to know about trucking. Many evenings go in the car stuff evenings. We had an episode about the proliferation of dodgy exotic cars in the Middle East and specific and I want to be careful about saying too much. You can check out the episode if you wish to learn more. All to say, I think we're in consensus on like every caller we just had has clearly acknowledged the possibility, plausibility and operation of front companies, especially in trucking.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean, you know, it's a joke even and like shows like The Sopranos, the idea of it fell off a truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, oh yeah. Guys. Last two things to bring up. Number one from September twenty twenty four in Philadelphia, four men got arrested in a thing called Operation Beef Bandites Christ, which is.
Speaker 3: Stuff there goes my tender.
Speaker 5: Also that's what it says in the profile.
Speaker 2: It says.
Speaker 3: Also not Aphi love that.
Speaker 2: In this one it was fully organized crime happening on the Jersey Turnpike where tractor trailers were being stolen or stuff was being taken out of trailers while the driver slept, which is really interesting. And then another one, guys, a man in Ohio was just found guilty recently. This was written in April ninth. He had a role in a crime ring, a full on crime ring stole more than two hundred and thirty thousand dollars worth of meat, liquor, cigarettes, and cash from delivery trucks in Ohio. And the last thing, just I thought this was interesting for us guys. This person in Euclid, Ohio. The jury found him guilty of engaging in a quote pattern of corrupt activity, grand theft, auto and two counts of felony theft. Here's the interesting part. Engaging in a quote pattern of corrupt activity is Ohio's version of the Rico Statute, the organized crime thing. But it's that specific term, a pattern of corrupt activity, which I thought was just an interesting language to.
Speaker 3: Apply to that, and they want to build a precedent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well then using that to you know, really throw the book at somebody. Okay, that's it for now. Thanks everybody for calling in about meat. There are many more of you who called in and wrote in about the whole meat thing, but specific thanks to Chef Ben Sasquatches, Stunt Double and Token Kanuk. Will be right back with more messages from y'all.
Speaker 3: And we have returned.
Speaker 4: Fellow conspiracy realist. We want to begin by thanking everyone who wrote to us about some incredibly troubly We want to thank in sickness, we want to thank a lot of our friends and neighbors on our Facebook page. Here's where it gets crazy, everyone who reached out to us on Instagram or social media platforms of their choice. Gentlemen, you perhaps have heard the scuttle butt and speculation about a possible serial killer actively operating in the New England region.
Speaker 3: Indeed, yeah, we got heard rumblings.
Speaker 2: Were on the Tenderfoot side. We were trying to discern if anything actually was real going on there, any of it had any sand Have we got a message from somebody that knows more or what do you think?
Speaker 4: We have a lot of questions a lot of people. As we record this evening Friday, May second, twenty twenty five, local law enforcement in the area that we in the US roughly called New England. They are investigating the discovery of eleven bodies, eleven dead human beings found in the area and this has ignited fears of a potential operating serial killer. As we know, many serial killers are mispetrayed in film and fiction and popular media. Most of the serial killers that are apprehended are kind of spiraling. They're not great at their jobs, right. So we have a very we have a very small sample size, right, we catch the ones who beat me here, Dylan, we catch the ones job. And the issue is that, because there's there's this weird lionization of serial murders in the US in specific, especially like post Gacy, post Bundan era, we have this cultural thing where we always want to figure out whether.
Speaker 3: Or not there is a serial killer.
Speaker 4: So right now, not just in Sickness, but many other folks who wrote to us, we're going to protect their anonymity. They're quite concerned that there may be something some nefarious activity occurring, similar to what we talked about with the our series on Uncaught serial Killers right as a three parter, similar to our earlier conversation about dodgy murders and cadaver discoveries out in the Austin area. It's oh and of course the Manchester pusher.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So there there clearly is a reason people are concerned. Did a little bit of digging on this, and it looks like we can safely say, as far as all.
Speaker 3: Right, this is my opinion.
Speaker 4: Sorry, guys, As far as we can tell now, it does not appear that there is an active serial killer responsible for these specific bodies discovered.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it's over ten, like twelve people, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean definitely leads one to think that something like that might be going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how do you group them together?
Speaker 4: That is right, because news is saying eleven and then other people are saying twelve. If you go to the New England sk page on Facebook, which is pretty complicated, there are people who are saying, look, these different murders are linked, right because they occurred in a relatively discrete window of time. I'd love to talk with Tenderfoot about this, and they occur within a relatively distinct region. Yet how do we define the time, right, how do we define the region? How do we define the demographic, the manner of death? All that stuff, right, all the really boring stuff that people don't often listen to.
Speaker 3: We know that there have been.
Speaker 4: A series of bodies discovered between March and April, primarily in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island, right, classic New England.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think Massachusetts is the more recent findings, but it was definitely Connecticut and Rhode Island, which are you know, directly connected to each other by a border, which makes you think, okay, well that's you know, that's definitely an area. And then Massachusetts is just north of those in north and to the east. So it does make you think, oh, well, that is one pretty specific area of the United States.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 4: Yes, And we also have to remember the United States for now is cartoonishly huge, you know what I mean. So if you look at the if you look at the confluence of New York State to Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, what you're going to see is a map of bodies discovered, right. But we're not counting every dead body found in Massachusetts where we're in Rhode Islands or in Connecticut. We're counting bodies found in a window of time, right, and that's it. We're not counting things like specific cause of death, we're not counting specific demographics other than largely female identifying. It just it feels like people are speculating wildly, and it feels like it might make things more difficul for law enforcement.
Speaker 2: I do agree. But a lot of the bodies are found along the coast, like really close to the coast. They're all along that border that goes you know, if you're thinking about Boston right from.
Speaker 3: Like Stamford up to Boston through Plymouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, so going all around the coast there. So you know, the mind wanders, right, especially if there's a lot of speculation going on about maybe this is somebody operating via boat or you know, someone who's actually traveling along the coast not actually by land, and that kind of thing. There's all that kind of stuff that floats around your mind.
Speaker 4: I suppose all logical questions, right, all stuff we have to answer. We may need to do a further investigation on this, but right now, at present, with the input from law enforcement, with the statements of families and you know, the survivors of these victims or the people who have passed, all we can say is it does not appear that there's like one messed up guy doing all this stuff.
Speaker 2: And at least one person has been picked up for murder, right.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, to arrest have been made, I believe, yeah, so to arrest have been made, not in any kind.
Speaker 3: Of serial murder charge.
Speaker 4: What may have occurred, with the best of intentions, was that a ton of people got together on social media, right and started building a narrative and serving that narrative sort of similar to that novel focos Pendulum, wherein people create a conspiracy, and then it becomes real for them, and as real world consequences shout out to the other what eight people who read that? Anyway, this is hope. This is a pull back from the ledge right. We don't have to immediately assume there are operating serial murderers, because again, our sample size of serial murderers is relatively small. It's a very small percentage of any given population, and we only catch the ones who mess up.
Speaker 3: It's true, and if we.
Speaker 4: Could guys, just so this is not a just so we don't end on too dark a note before we relitigate our mutual opinions about the phenomena of what we call serial murder and how to get caught or get away with it.
Speaker 3: Let's end on a little letter from home.
Speaker 4: We had a guy write to us, or call us actually, about some shapes on his head.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 11: Ordinarily I call me Samuel, but if you want today you can call me the lumpy misshaped potato. And yeah, you can go ahead and use this on there if you want. I mostly just wanted to give us thank you to Ben, as you have given me a line of inquiry into one of the mysteries of my assistance the other day when you mentioned phrenology and the malungeon people, that gave me a line of inquiry into why my head is shaped so weird. When Ben mentioned the lump that apparently wellundeon people have uh because my head is shaped kind of weird like that, I've just always wondered. And my dad is from out east Kentucky, Tennessee ways, so uh yeah that might be the case.
Speaker 7: So thanks Ben.
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember this, of course?
Speaker 5: So I remember this about you for sure, and that's something that you talk about often, and it's something that I think a lot of people continue to not known much about, maybe outside of the mentioned that Elvis Presley may have been from this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's like the most famous one. Or Abe Lincoln is a conspiracy. So the reason we're doing this letter from home and thank you so much, Semil, is this gives us an excuse to conduct an experiment together.
Speaker 3: Folks.
Speaker 4: It's one we've done previously, but we guarantee you it might it might rock your world. It'll at least technically shake your head. So if we could all, if you're not driving, if you're in a safe place, take your hand, whatever your dominant hand may be okay, and then place it right behind right where your find where your spine hits your cranium, and then go a little bit up, a little bit up right, and then give yourself, give yourself a little rub. Feel the topology I have at that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, indentation is going in slightly. Yeah, if there's a bump, well, then welcome to the track. Well, what's a bump if not two things between an indentation?
Speaker 4: So the idea here it goes back to an earlier episode we did and look, uh, phrenology is wack and do science. It's racism disguised the science. It was used to victimize a lot of what we will call tri racial isolates. Definitely used to victimize a lot of other innocent people along the way.
Speaker 3: But it is.
Speaker 4: Interesting because for everyone who just raised their raised their hand ever so gently and felt that bump, you gotta wonder, right at least that's the myth we are told. It is sometimes called the Turkish bump. Weirdly enough, I don't think Turkish people call it that. I genuinely don't think people in Turkey a care. I just wonder, like, do you guys think there are any to the earlier point. Are there any like physical giveaways of a genetic lineage with that level of specificity or is it just a racism.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's tough, Ben, because there certainly are, you know, certain characteristics that can be seen in folks from different heritages, But the way that it's couched often is absolutely as a slam, or as a slur, or as some.
Speaker 3: Sort of insult.
Speaker 5: So it's really hard to even talk about that in a level headed way without potentially triggering that kind of thinking.
Speaker 4: I don't know, hmm, Well said, yeah, well put and we know this is deep water. We know this can always be touchy for folks. Part of why we're bringing this up at the end is to let you know about the future. There is a non zero likelihood that pseudoscience and this kind of prejudice will be further institutionalized by the privatization of your genetic data. Shout out to everybody who's spat in a little too for twenty three a meter. We've done ads for them before. We don't have a problem with the company, but we do have to realize there are other factors at play. So I said we were going to end on a good note. I guess we got a little ominous. Sorry, guys, Is that okay? Can we keep this part in or do we need to cut it?
Speaker 3: We absolutely should keep it in.
Speaker 5: I just think it is a difficult thing to talk about sometimes and perhaps an unnecessary thing to talk about unless it is as an exploration if you are perhaps a someone studying like anthropology for example, right, but then even that information is used negatively by folks to other people where you look at research perhaps and say, oh, this type of bone structure, et cetera.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of at a bit of a loss, but I do think it's absolutely a worthy thing to bring up.
Speaker 3: I hear you. I appreciate that man.
Speaker 4: Phrenology was weaponized, it was monetized, and it was used to the detriment of civilization overall. So the question then becomes, what is the future of these kinds of pseudosciences or drawing conclusions. We want to hear from you, folks in the degree that you are comfortable. Thank you as always for tuning in. Big shout out to Potato of course, Chef Ben Sasquatches stunt double token kanuk tn H and insigness.
Speaker 5: Can I just say that there's leaving no pun behind. I couldn't stop thinking of the phrase insigness and in health.
Speaker 3: Just there we go.
Speaker 4: If you want to join us in our mission to leave no pun by, we'd love to have you on our Avengers team, no chumps in the squad. You can find us online. You can give us a call on the phone. You can give us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 3: You certainly can.
Speaker 5: Or you can find us on the interwebs at your social media platform of choice. We are conspiracy stuff on x FKA, Twitter and on YouTube with video content color for you to enjoy and comments on if you wish, as well as on Facebook where we have our Facebook group Here's where it gets crazy.
Speaker 3: On Instagram and TikTok. However, we're conspiracies show.
Speaker 2: We have a phone number. It is one eight three three STDWYTK. It's a voicemail system. You've got three minutes. Give yourself a cool nickname and let us know in the message if we can use your name and message on the air. If you don't like contacting us with your voice, why not use your words in written form and send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 4: We are the entities that read each piece of correspondence we receive. Be well aware, yet out of freed. Sometimes the void rights back. Okay, guys, it's our hailberry. Does anybody have a good A good acronym for t n H?
Speaker 3: Jeez, you nailed it. It was very good, it was okay? What did I say? Tennessee novel hero that ain't bad? That's always good. It's a Dylan reference, all right.
Speaker 4: Send us your acronyms conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they don't want you to know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.