Speaker 1: Welcome to this League Uncut in the rule of twenty four hour NBA News.
Speaker 2: This's you, Chris Hans.
Speaker 1: It's time, work's time, it's some time. This League Uncut is underway and on fire. This should be a good one.
Speaker 3: Everyone, Welcome to another edition of This League Uncut. Mark Stein here with Chris Haynes. In the second half of this show, we will naturally take a detailed look at the headline news out of Milwaukee Thursday, the Bucks announcing that they have parted ways with championship winning coach Mike Budenholzer. But we're gonna start with the playoffs. It's not often again that we get the chance to come on or the chance to record. Right after the final buzzer, we made the decision we're recording this on Thursday night for a Friday morning release, and we made the decision, Hey, we gotta we got to wait and let this Lakers Warriors Game two play out and then record. And so, unfortunately we were not treated to a classic like Game one. We were basically treated to the rerun of what happened in the Boston Philly series. Just a game to route snooze. Not happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could, we could have actually start a recording a halftime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we could have when we tried to do the responsible thing. It's funny though, one of my mentors, the great Tommy Bank from the La Times before that the Houston Post. He is actually basketball historians will remember that it was Tommy Bank in the Houston Post who christened the famed University of Houston team starring a Chem Olijuan and Clyde Drexler. He's the one who came up with five Slama jama and many years later, when we were both covering tennis, believe it or not, he taught me some famed sports writer psychology. If you can't play good, play fast to help the guys on deadline. And I think that's kind of what we got tonight. The second half just zoom by because it wasn't much of a contest. Third quarter, Warriors came out blew the thing open. So we got it's it's one one Lakers Warriors, it's one to one Nicks heat, it's one to one six or Celtics. The only two to zero is Denver going to Phoenix now with a two oh lead, and Phoenix no Chris Paul in Game three, probably not in game four or five either, So the Suns are in huge trouble. But I mean, how how big of a come doown was this for you? Game one you're working sideline, You're right in the heart of the action, the chaos, the energy that was oozing through the screen tonight, you weren't there. I guess actually worked out. You picked, you picked. It's a good thing that ESPN had this game, because I didn't. I didn't feel much energy and excitement, uh, you know, bouncing off the TV screen tonight.
Speaker 2: Stein. I was pumped up for game one, stein Stein, But twenty minutes before Tip, my body is just like I'm just lightweight shaking. I just had so much energy in me. Man, It's the Marquee matchup. It's what everybody wanted to see, man. And I was you know, I was blessed to be a part of it, you know, be a part of that broadcast. Man. So I just had so much energy, and I you know, I was prepared. It just it's felt good and the excitement, it was by far, probably the best atmosphere I've experienced in the and this year's playoffs that's far.
Speaker 3: So you can I mean, I think, like I said, even the people at home could feel it. There was there was so much anticipation for that game, and you know so much was made about it's Lebron versus staphf. But you know, a D outshine and everyone in game one and then tonight just such a passive performance from Ad that's gonna get everybody on his case again. Now, this is exactly the kind of game that that drives people nuts about a D when you know he was otherworldly with thirty twenty three what was it five blocks? Just I mean, he was the decisive factor in game one and tonight passive.
Speaker 2: I think you gotta Stine. I'm gonna tell you, I'm gonna tell you Stein. And I've noticed I noticed this my first year of covering the Warriors when I was at ESPN, so this would have been twenty sixteen, and this is the first time I noticed Draymond guards Anthony Davis really good. He's He's probably dray Mind is probably the toughest defender for a D. I don't know if Ad has ever said that or ever acknowledged that, but the years I've seen him, half a decade, seven years or whatever it's been, Dre has always played Ad tough, and you look at Ad not being aggressive today. I think that had a lot to do with Draymond. And I'm not saying Ad can't get his buckets, can't get his baskets, but Draymond is always being physical, always pushing them out of his comfort zone. You know you're going to get a bump with Draymond, and sometimes a lot of players like to avoid just being touched. And I would expect Ad to come out much better, much more sertive in Game three. But this matchup, that matchup has changed the complexion of this series. And it's not necessarily like I know, hey, Steve Kurbs catching strays, he was catching a lot of strays right before the game. When it was announced that Jamichael Green is stepping into the starting lineup in place of Kevon Looney, who's been getting twenty rebounds, it seems like for this whole month, but it worked out. Jamiael Green had a good game, But most importantly, Draymond was the primary defender on Anthony Day, and I think that had a lot to do with AD's performance a game too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're absolutely right. It's interesting. I was talking to I will call him a well placed observer like you, very familiar with the dynamics at play here when we're talking about Draymond Green historically against Anthony Davis, and the way it was described to me was, let me make sure I got this exactly right. Draymond has always taken that match up personally, and I think you could really see it in this game too. Warriors go ultra small, and Draymon had just a Draymond game, really impactful at the defensive end and at the offensive end, the playmaking. You know, again, I am old, And I don't know if you have you ever seen The Fish That Save Pittsburgh. Have you seen that movie?
Speaker 2: Never even heard of it?
Speaker 3: You have to find it, you have to watch it. Is it is. It is one of to me, the five best basketball movies ever. Now, there is a lot of nonsense in it, a lot of nonsense. You have to suspend some level of belief because it is nonsensical. But it came out in the late seventies starring Doctor j about a fictional NBA team in Pittsburgh that adopts a astrological strategy and only gets players under the sign of Pisces and they become this amazing team. But the reason it was so great this is the late seventies. There's not that much NBA on national TV. And I always say, if you like it came out when I was around ten at that time. The White Shadow, which to me is still probably the greatest television show ever, and then The Fish that Save Pittsburgh. Like that, those basketball shows were more accessible to me than being able to watch national games. Of course I was living in southern California at the time, so I could see the Lakers, but like watching The White Shadow every day, and then the Fish at Save Pittsburgh. Like Doctor J is the star of this movie. Incredible dunk the Dunk montage. Just look just look up on YouTube the Dunk montage of Doctor J and Fish at Save Pittsburgh in nineteen seventy nine. This was off the charts incredible.
Speaker 2: But the reason you're giving you're giving me two assignments.
Speaker 3: You've got no because you've got.
Speaker 2: To watch it, but you give me.
Speaker 3: To you haven't seen the White Shadow either.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the White Shadow as well. I've never never heard of the White Shadow.
Speaker 3: O my Chris Haynes, this is like I'll do. This is a dagger Okay, The White Shadow is the greatest show in television history if you're a basketball fan. Ken Reeves, fictional former Chicago Bull goes to coach, suffers a career ending knee injury and goes to coach the legendary Well, it wasn't legendary until he got there. The Carver High basketball team in South central LA. Unbelievable. This show was ahead of its time. And like I'm telling you, as a basketball like at ten, this this was the basketball that I got to see more than NBA games. But the reason I got on this whole tangent was in this. In The Fish at Save Pittsburgh, Metal Arc Lemon, Globe Trotter's legend plays this playmaking center who was a reverend and just all and like when Draymond is like playing, he's playing small ball center and making all these plays. That's what it reminds me. But it reminds me of Meta Lark Lemon just just running the show offensively like he did in The Fish That Save Pittsburgh. We saw some of that out of Draymond too.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, look, look, please, hey people, please tweet. If you're on Twitter, you can send an email find us find our email address, or even on Instagram, send a comment remark, have y'all ever heard of these two movies? Please? He's called these movies the best basketball It's in my top five.
Speaker 3: Not Fish that Save Pittsburgh is not the best basketball movie of all time, but it's it's in my top five. And you know who agrees with me. At your next TNT staff meeting, do me a favor, or the next time, the next time you do a hit for Inside the NBA, holler at Shack and ask Shack. Hey, Shaq Stein keeps telling me about this movie, The Fish That Save Pittsburgh. Shaq will tell you that movie helped change his life. Because just just if you don't watch the movie, which is I understand you might not want to go back and watch a movie from nineteen seventy nine that, like I said, has a lot of it has a lot of it has a lot of stupid stuff in it too. But just go on YouTube and dial up the Doctor J. Dunk montage from The Fish That Save Pittsburgh and think about this isn't twenty twenty three, this is nineteen seventy nine, So this is like mind blowing stuff for a ten year old kid to watch Us and The White Shadow best. Maybe people are gonna argue with me about is it the best TV show of all time? Best TV show theme? I will put the opening music of The White Shadow up against any TV show ever. And yes, I want. I I look. I know our younger, our younger, our younger listeners are gonna think I have lost my mind. But there are gonna be some. There are gonna be some older listeners who are like, yeah, Stein, you are, tell Tell them about the White Shadow. Tell him about the fish that save Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: You know it's a movie called He Got Game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Yes, I've heard chips. Yeah, Blue Love Blue Chips is in my top five too.
Speaker 2: Coach Carter.
Speaker 3: Coach Carter didn't make it. White white men, white men can't jump is number one. Here. Let me call up. I did this for the I'm gonna try to find it while we're looking. I did my top five for the New York Times about five years ago, and I'll find it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Well, while we're talking about the reason I got on that whole tangent.
Speaker 2: But but you went all, yeah, I get, I get while you went on that tangent, you went all the way to the seventies because the seventies movie reminded you of Draymond Green Tramon's.
Speaker 3: Raymond's playmaking as a small Ball five was Meadow Lark Lemon esque.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it was. I actually met Medal Lark a few years before. You know, man, pretty it was pretty soon after before he passed, came to Portland. He was doing it. He did a last stint with the Globetrotters. That was cool. That was cool. So that that that legend right there. I do know all these other individuals you mentioned mentioning I have to do, like.
Speaker 3: I said, just you know what, and like I said, you don't. You're a busy man. Maybe you don't have time. So if you don't have time to watch the whole movie, and if you don't have time to watch a bunch of one hour episodes, just go on YouTube and just watch the Doctor J. Dunk montage from the Fish at Save Pittsburgh and then just watch the intro to any episode of The White Shadow. And just if you just do that for me, like I will consider that a personal favor.
Speaker 2: So, Draymond Stein, I was at Game one. I had the assignment and it's it's it's interested in seeing the dynamic of Draymond and how he can go at officials and just how officials officiate or regulate after they've already given him a technical and he knows its poor Ed, but lord, poor Ed. Oh boy, I'm right there. Stean Ed gives him a tech and dray didn't stop. Matter of fact, it got worse, it got worse. So fans don't understand how like it got worse worse. I'm not gonna say this stuff. Dre was saying it got worse, and you know, and drey didn't get a second tech. But you know, you can just see the dynamic with the officials. How you know, Draymond's a big part of of what the Warriors do. And it's it's like that with a lot of players in the league that get you know, Luka Donkis gets a lot, picks up a lot of texts. I wouldn't put Dylan Brooks on their level, but Dylan Brooks gets a lot of texts. But how referees are quick to give that first tech and then the players know, the players know the official. The officials do not want to be the center of attention by ejecting someone who is very crucial to the team and to the to the outcome, potentially the outcome of that basketball game, and how much more leeway they give them after the first tech. It was, it was, it was amazing. It was amazing, which which leads me to believe, well, which leads me to saying I should say is I think there needs to be a lot more leeway in the first TECH for some people because I think, you know, but it depends, like you see officials giving players text for waving their arms, you know, or they'll make a gesture, not a not a finger gesture, make a gesture at the hand, like swiping down at the official after a call quick t But then right after that the talking gets worse, you know, it's get worse after that, and they don't get it, you know, they don't get a TECH because the rest are scared to call a TECH. So it was just, you know, I really enjoyed just seeing that dynamic and see how officials call things and how they don't call things after a TECH is already whistled. Well in interesting.
Speaker 3: I'm sure the Lakers are kind of gonna come away from this furious though, because they went to the line a ton in Game one. I think only four free throws in the first half Tonight doesn't excuse the second half performance. I mean that was just a second half borderline, no show. Third quarter Warriors just ran up the score on them. We don't normally talk about game two Clay, but he was tonight found the three ball. But I mean, Anthony Davis was so brilliant in Game one, didn't leave the floor in the second half. But that naturally led to the question, how much did that take out of him? I think the good you know, I guess good news is probably too strong. The silver lining here for the Lakers is, you know, they got blown out. They didn't really tax Lebron and Ad tonight. They're gonna have to bounce back with I mean those two. It always it obviously starts with those two stat I saw. The Lakers have actually won nine straight game threes out of a one to one tie. We'll see how much that actually means for this.
Speaker 2: You call this arrest. You call this arrest for the Lakers.
Speaker 3: I mean in the second in the fourth quarter, they sure did. I mean d Ham basically it was over, you know, to start the fourth he was he basically knew it was over.
Speaker 2: So I mean, that's.
Speaker 3: That's the only good news, because yeah, I mean drain, I mean, ad did not look good tonight. And you know, Draymond is going to take a lot of confidence out of this that he's that his tactics are already working.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's he's done it before, he's done it before. Didn't Draymond tell us on on on on our podcast when he came on probably about a month ago. Didn't he tell us he wasn't going to be potting during the playoffs?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, he said, he's not gonna be interviewing. So that's why, that's why he wasn't going to ask us on anytime soon, because you know, that was that was the trade. That was the I did not get any Executive of the Year votes this year. I got zero, but I think I should have because I think I made the best trade of the season when I said, Draymond, sure, come on our pod and then we'll drop on your pod whenever you want, and he said, let's wait till after the playoffs for your guys invite because after the play in the playoffs, he only does postgame soliloquies. He just gets on there and and and it's great. I mean, I love listening to him because he you know, I don't know how I don't know how the Warriors actually feel about it, but he breaks it down in his in his candid way.
Speaker 2: It's just a new day. It's a new day. You see the mixed reaction out there. There's a lot of people who like it, who like getting a basketball breakdown from somebody who's actually playing in that series the very next day or maybe the same night, and it just drops the next day. Then you have others who believe, hey, he should be locked in twenty four hours. You shouldn't be You shouldn't have time for this. It's just a new day at the end of the day, if he's still bringing it, and that's all that matters. And definitely he brought it for Game two.
Speaker 3: Now since as you know, I'm living vicariously through you here for you know where you know, I'm not going to any of these games. You're the You're you're repping the show on the road here. Are you sticking with this series or are you are you diverting elsewhere? What's what's your next what's your next TV gig?
Speaker 2: I'm sticking through this series through so game three is another ESPN game. Game three is Friday. I have Game four Monday, and I have Game five Wednesday next week.
Speaker 3: Those putting you on the spot, but you if if you wanted to.
Speaker 2: Call, but I am, but I will be. I will be at game three. But just just as a report, if.
Speaker 3: You want to decline to answer this, I totally get it, but I'm gonna ask it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't duck, no small shoot.
Speaker 3: So atmosphere wise to work the sideline, sit courtside. What do you like better? Chase Center or the place that I'm not ready to call its new name, Staples Center.
Speaker 2: I would say that's a good question. I'm not ducking like Stein. It's equal. Equal, It's equal.
Speaker 3: I would have thought it would have been a Staples layup.
Speaker 2: Well why just because the people?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just look, I mean again, I'm letting my personal biases come in. My formative years were spent in southern California. I'm a former Lakers beat writer. There's just and I feel every time I go back, there is just something about being court side at a Laker game, like there is there is a court side energy because and you know, the people watching is a big part of it. But like I just feel it every time I come home, and you know, and I've never in I'm I'm just sitting in the you know, the press row seats. I mean you, you know as the TNT sideline guy, like you have the best press seat there is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I was looking at it from a different angle, all right. Question. I was looking at it like like which arena allows me to do my job? The belt, you know, listen walking around, you know, trying to listen to see what I can get from, you know, the timeout huddles. And I said, San Francisco and La are the same because I can walk there. There's an hourway. There's a pathway. I can walk to the Lakers side and walk straight to the to the opposite side, to the Warriors side, the Kings. You haven't you haven't been to god, Okay, there is not a pathway, so I have to It's a weird setup. So I sit at the scorers table. But in order to get to the Warriors side, I have to walk up some stairs that's behind me. There's about six steps, walk up some stairs that are behind me, and I walk towards the Warriors side. And then but I have to pass the Warriors bench. So I passed the Warriors bench about twenty feet past them, walk down, then go to the Warriors. Then I can get to the Warriors bench the same. It's the same path. If I want to go to the Kings, go right back up these stairs, go towards the King's bench, past the King's bench about twenty feet, go down the steps, then get over to the Kings. So there's not a there's not a one path hour way from each bench. And so those are and so that's what I don't you know, that makes it tough, so really so basically like for a Kings game or any other arena that stuff like that, if I have to go to a if there's a timeout, I have to pick one of the teams that I'm gonna go. Just like listen in.
Speaker 3: All right, you can't just move, you can't just maneuver quickly between them.
Speaker 2: They just maneuver.
Speaker 3: But you know, when I the years I did ESPN Iseline Radio, that's what I felt about Cleveland. Cleveland, we set first of all the you know, and this is just extreme whining like that, you know, should never be done by by a person in our position, but I'm gonna do it anyway. In Cleveland, we even for the sideline reporter. The seat was way off the court and it was not It was just not an eat. Like to get to the Cavs bench from where you were sitting was not was not easy. So I never liked doing games in Cleveland. But again, now just letting all my selfish, my selfishness and personal biases in. I loved Oakland too. I just I loved Oakland so much. And though you know, my last three years at ESPN I basically lived with the Warriors, I spent so much time in Oakland, and I just had I have so many fond memories of the Oracle days. And I've only been to Chase Center a couple of times, but and it just I just do not have the same vibe and feeling there.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, we have to segue to from the playoffs to less pleasant news. Thunderbolt earlier Thursday in the coaching world, expected to some degree, but still a thunderbolt because this man won a championship in Milwaukee. Mike buden Holzer out of a job. The Bucks announced Thursday that they are making the coaching change that many have expected since Milwaukee's stunning first round elimination, losing in five to the eighth seeded Miami Heat. I don't think there was any way the Bucks weren't gonna end up going down this road, because, look, there's a new collective bargaining agreement coming into the league. We've been talking about this a lot. All these teams that have multiple stars, it's gonna be really hard in the new NBA to add to your team if you've got high salary players, and the Bucks have three of them. The Bucks obviously revolve around Giannis, but they still have Drew Holliday. Chris Middleton has a forty million dollar player option that even if he declines, he's gonna want a long term lucrat deal to stay. Brook Lopez is up for a new deal. It's going to be really hard for the Bucks to dramatically change their Team's going to be challenging for the Bucks just to keep what they have, So the only way for them to make a drastic change, the only sure way for them to make a drastic change is to make a coaching change, and that's what we're seeing here. Mike Budenholzer there for five years, and to me, it's not dissimilar to what we saw in Toronto that Nick Nurse. For as good of a coach as he is, there's been rumblings for a while now about discontent and clearly the Raptors want a new voice, and I think the Bucks players, I don't know if they'll ever put it like this publicly, but I think within that locker room they wanted a new voice also, and so the Bucks are going that route to find that new voice because again, it is the easiest way to dramatically change this team before next season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not surprising, you know, it was. It was kind of a red flag thrown up when when it was announced that the Bucks were not going to have whole exit and reviews. Some teams do that anyways, but that that was kind of a sign right there, Okay, there's gonna be a change pretty soon, Like that's what's going to happen. So you know, it's not surprising. I mean, again, Boot and Holzers knock and there's this was a knock that's been in place since his days with the Atlanta Hawks. In game adjustments has always been a knock of a knock of his and he's a phenomenal coach, still one of the best coaches we have in the association. Good guy. My prayers go out to him and the family. You know, they they lost the brother doing He lost his brother during that that first round series with the heat, So he was going through a lot. But there were a few times during his tenure in Milwaukee where he was close to getting let go. It took that finals run them getting that championship that gave him some a little bit more staying power. But when you have Giannis ante Compo with the new CBA coming on them, that's going to be that's going to be a little bit more tight, won't have that much flexibility to to produce these rosters that a lot of teams call super teams. Mawukee is trying to do everything they can to maximize Gianni's prime and they feel like this was decision that had to be made. Now the next decision is who do you get to replace them? Who out there that you consider an upgrade? Automatically some names that will pop up, Nick Nurse for sure, Frank Vogel out there, are they upgrades? I don't know? Stein. I saw a stat out there that the last four three of the last four coaches to win a championship have been let go.
Speaker 3: It actually goes actually goes back farther since goes back since twenty fifteen, since the Warriors first of four championships, the only coach still in his job is Steve Kerr still in that job. Tylu obviously won the title in twenty sixteen. He coaches the Clippers now, but he was ultimately let go in Cleveland. And now Nick Nurse, the twenty nineteen champion, Frank Vogel the twenty twenty champion, and Mike Budenholzer the twenty twenty one champion, all without the jobs that helped them get those rings. And it just kind of shows you the pressure that these teams are under. You know, I texted you this earlier Thursday, because it's true. Like my new favorite NBA list is your guy Dame Lillard.
Speaker 2: Like he is.
Speaker 3: He is, like he's commenting. You know, obviously his season ended way earlier than he wanted, but like what it means for us is he's constantly commenting on NBA developments And so I'm trying to dial up this tweet here and find it so uh, you know, the news comes out that the that the Bucks have fired Budenholzer, and again, like you said it, it's not a surprise, but it's still you know, it still jolts you because again, the guy won a championship two years ago, not that long ago. And Dame's tweet. Folks out here firing championship coaches as soon as they don't win the chip. And that's like, there are so many teams in the league that just feel all in, you know, the all in brigade. And that's why this summer, I think the combination of how many teams are meeting with disappointment, and you'd have to throw the Blazers in there, and the Mavericks in there, and the Grizzlies in there with the Bucks and the Wizard didn't even make the playing round and Toronto huge disappointment, the Bulls disappointment. I mean, there are so many teams Minnesota that like fell so much farther short of expectations than they envision. There's gonna be changed, there's gonna be trades as teams try to address that disappointment and also try to cope with this new collective bargaining agreement. That's gonna it's just gonna If you've got two stars, okay, you can build around them. If you've got three stars, it's gonna be really tough. And and you know, it's gonna keep even more pressure on coaches. You know, we've always said in the NBA and every sport that the coach is the easiest thing to change. But I fear for coaches that it's gonna be even more so that that statement will ring more true or truer, depending on what you grammarians prefer. I prefer more true than truer for what it's worth. Uh, I think it's I think it's gonna become a bigger thing for coaches to cope with it. Like you again, it's this is the this is the easiest move for the Bucks to make. But like you said, it like where they go. I mean, if you're going to replace Mike Budenholzer, it really comes down to one of two paths. For me, do you do you bring in a Nick Nurse or a Frank Vogel, the two clear cut proven championship coaches out there, or Charles Lee, who's been a candidate for so many jobs here in recent years Bucks assistant. He's a finalist right now for Detroit. On Thursday night, I reported that he was just with the Raptors interviewing for the Raptors vacancy. You know, Charles Lee has been one of the most in demand assistants. Do you just give the job to him and give him a chance to coach this team?
Speaker 2: I would like to see that. I would like to see that. I'm not discounting that at all. Do you just have to for all the knocks on Bootonholzer, all the negative negatives, he was a phenomenal coach, and he is a phenomenal coach, I should say, but you have to produce an upgrade. And if that upgrade you believe is lead And they would know more than we would anybody exactly. They're around him. They know how he they know how he prepares, they know how he's able to communicate. That's them. But they got to get it right. They gotta get it Like, if you're going to make this movie, you already should have somebody in mind, or have a few individuals in mind that you feel like are for sure upgrades. And John Horse over there, I know him well. The general manager over there with the Bucks. It's a smart dude. Obviously. This is again Stan, we know this is something that they've been contemplating doing over the last four years. It was like we hear it might go down, then the Buck's going to run with the top, you know. So this is not something that you know, just happened, you know, out the whim. So know, we'll see how this plays out.
Speaker 3: And look, I think you nailed it when you said, you know, the season ended. No, no Bucks players made available. No, we have not yet heard from John Horst as a you know, GM giving his end of the season wrap up. And just like in Toronto, Mesaiyu Jerry didn't do his end of the season press conference until Nick Nurse's fate was decided, and the Bucks held off in a similar way. And now they've made the move and now you know, Detroit, Charles Lee, Jaren Collins, the New Orleans Pelicans assistant, Kevin Ali, the former Yukon coach, those three have consistently been named, you know, mentioned and circulated as the finalists for the Detroit opening. In Toronto, they're just getting their search started and the Raptors have said they want to take a long you know, a longer term approached trying to find the Nick Nurse replacement. Now, will Budenholzer become a candidate for the Raptors. Budenholzer was very much a candidate when they decided to hire Nick to replace Dwayne Casey. And then you know, the Bucks with the third opening, what will they do? Do they go? You know, with so much riding on the future again, you know, we said it, Chris Middleton player option, heading for free agency, Brook Lopez heading for free agency, Yannis and Tetokumpo extension eligible in the fall. Gonna be really tough for the Bucks to make any kind of meaningful upgrades around the edges if they keep if they re sign Middleton and Brook, I mean goodbye flexibility most likely. So can you really hand the team over to a first year coach after what just happened to them? That's the decision. The Bucks are going to have to figure out. If they love Charles Lee and they think he's the guy, then do it, be bold, go for it. And we're going to see if they believe in the guy who's there, or if they're going to say, we've got to replace experience with experience. And that's really the question, All right, everyone that does it for another edition of this league, uncut, huge weekend ahead. Will Jimmy Butler be back for the Miami Heat in Game three as Nix Heat shifts to South Beach? As we said, Denver the only two to zero lead. No Chris Paul in Game three, probably not in Game four either, So the Suns in a really tough spot, a lot riding on. Can Cameron Payne step in for Chris Paul and they don't have really anything behind Cameron Payne. Now at the point, can the Suns dig themselves out of this two hole? Warriors Lakers shifts to LA Sixers. Boston man Joel Embiid is back game two. All he really got was a chance to get back on the court and try to get some level of rhythm because that second half no show from the Sixers. But you know that series, I mean, I think you know the winner of that series is supposed to be the favorite to win it all from here, So still tons riding on all these games. We will be back with you in just a couple of days to make sense of where we are. Chris Haynes enjoy that Staples.
Speaker 2: Hold on Stein, I have I have announcemental. No announcement, Okay, I have announcement real quick. So I'm sorry listeners to inform you that I have to continue my streak of admitting a story that I said through this podcast producer Ryan Doctor Ryan, We're going to have to delete my story. I gave it to about twenty nineteen. Wife said leave it alone, and.
Speaker 3: And well, well, wife says, goes. I need to have like I need to have.
Speaker 2: One day, one day I'm gonna be able to say my story and let it go, let it just hit and live with the consequences.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I mean, I need to have like a little button that I can press to like alert her. We're heading into some dangerous territory here. I need some help.
Speaker 2: We go. We gotta we gonna call it a day. We gotta come up with a day one day, our listens, I'll promise you I'll be able to get a story out and you'll be able to hear it. I'll promise you, just not today.
Speaker 3: You are something else, one of a kind. Chris Hanes America. All right, that really does it now for this edition of I guess we have to call it this league with a very rare small unavoidable Cut. We'll be back soon with the fully unbridled This League Uncut just a couple of days, just wait for us. We'll be back with more soon.
Speaker 1: And that'll do it for us. See you next time. This League Uncut is an iHeartRadio production Chris Haynes and Mark Stein.