Speaker 1: As promised, we have a second episode of a Podnet's world side Quest. We have two more interviews from the Into It Dome where w W E.
Speaker 2: RAW was in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: We had so much fun talking to Roquel Rodriguez. Will's biting his lip. I'm not I'm not gonna just be too obvious about it, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Not saying anything. I enjoyed the interview.
Speaker 1: I know there was a big smile on your face.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed the interview.
Speaker 2: I know she's super cool, she is something.
Speaker 3: Just such a force.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it doesn't help that she is gous.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that. I think she was. It was a very fun interview.
Speaker 2: I know you enjoyed it, maybe more than most.
Speaker 1: So we have two episodes for you in this episode, two interviews for you. In this episode, we have Raquel Rodriguez and we are finishing it off with Maxine Dupree. So stick around listen to both of those. We had a great time. Thank you all for listening. Enjoy Podmeats World. She's a member of the Illustrious Judgment Day faction, first tired as the muscle to make sure live. Morgan's always running mouth only got her in a little bit of trouble, but she's since morphed into a personality that somehow.
Speaker 2: Matches her size. A staple on raw.
Speaker 1: She recently ran through a fatal four way with Bailey, JC Jane and Keana James like it was an appetizer, beat Sky in the semis and got within inches of forcing soul Ruka to wipe out and hand over that Women's Intercontinental title she deserves. She's a record setting six time WWE Tag Team title holder and a former NXT champ and the woman I want standing next to me when someone steals my parking spot at Whole Foods. Her future is so bright she has to wear shades.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod Meets World, Roquel Rodrigue.
Speaker 5: What an introduction.
Speaker 4: Gosh, how you're ripping through people and she's still at Whole Foods.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know. Let me know when you're going to Whole Foods. I'll be there.
Speaker 1: I'll wipe through anyone like an appetizer. Thank you, I do appreciate that. Welcome to Pod Meets World. We are thrilled to have you on the show. I am a judgment day Stan your partner in crime Live Morgan is the official Pod Meets World champ.
Speaker 5: We gave heard that title.
Speaker 3: She hasn't lost the belt yet.
Speaker 1: She hasn't lost the belt yet, so we have high expectations for you.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is great. I love this for us. We'll keep it in the Judgment Day house.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: I think one of the reasons fans gravitate to the Judgment Day is that it genuinely seems like you guys are close friends. What has it been like developing a close bond with co workers because we are still working on that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's tough, but you know what I mean. I think because we were all hands selected by Dominic by Live, it was a very interesting group with our characteristics. We just all just seemed to gell so well with each other, And honestly, it's really hard to get work done when we do have to be serious, because I mean, I'm sure as you guys know that once the jokes start, the jokes don't stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, giggles will start.
Speaker 6: I saw a meme and I reposted it not too long ago, but it said these five parrots were separated at a zoo because they were heckling people as they were coming in, And I was like, Wow, that feels like us. So we weren't at a Saturday night main event where j d Russell, Dan Housen, Me and Roxanne Worth there and I was like, I feel like I've been separated from my birds zoo.
Speaker 2: This is terrible, Like we cannot let them there together.
Speaker 5: We know what will happen. It's gonna be too much trouble.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think if Froxanna and I were there, we could have definitely handled those mini dan Housens easily.
Speaker 1: I think you're right for sure about that. The mini dan Housends needed soud.
Speaker 4: You have handled Danielle Housen though, Oh the question, daniel that's right you were there was Yeah, Danielle, that's a good question.
Speaker 6: I haven't had a chance to interact with her yet, so we'll see what what's to unfold later.
Speaker 1: Crazy You and Live especially seem like you're having fun. I wanted to show you one instance here. This is in Las Vegas. It's a WrestleMania after party and I love it.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you, Yeah us as tag champions to Yeah, we were invited to Club Live to be like hosts that night. Mind you, we had like a whole day. I think we were at SmackDown, so we got there super super late. By the time we're ready, it was like two am. Have to be up at six am. But honestly, like when Live and I are together, we just we make the most of every situation.
Speaker 5: We have so much fun.
Speaker 6: I honestly can't imagine doing anything without her in this business ever. Again, truly, like my story with her started off in a way.
Speaker 5: That was like, we didn't think we'd be this tight.
Speaker 6: You know, we're just like workers, and we worked together, and then we just got so close, and we got so close so fast that she's literally my sister.
Speaker 5: Literally.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you have to protect your little sister, you know, it's just the big sister, and.
Speaker 5: We has to do it.
Speaker 1: It does seem like the two of you are a group of people I want to hang out with. Like, I'm like, can I.
Speaker 5: Be the third here?
Speaker 6: I just join our join our click. Okay, I'll go to Whole Foods together. I don't want to mess with us.
Speaker 2: Can imagine us at Whole food could you imagine?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about Trader Joe's. Talk about you know, fights in the parking lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, they better watch out at Trader Joe's because I don't play if you're going to steal my coconut water.
Speaker 4: To ask, this conversation would be, I'm sorry, we'll find a.
Speaker 5: Spot for you.
Speaker 1: I want you to take us back to April the Head but from Oh yes, Live in the Rocks and Perez accidentally collide, and I was very scared watching it from home. Now everyone has seen Live's tennis ball size bump on her forehead. You were there staring at it in person. I'm sure she's asking does it look okay?
Speaker 3: Can you see anything? Is there a mark?
Speaker 5: Are you terrified? What are you telling her? In the moment?
Speaker 6: In the moment, I you know, because she was okay, and she was standing and everything seemed fine. I was kind of laughing inside, just because a couple months before I had a match with Stephanie and with Nikki Bella. Nikki Bella pushed me into the steps and I also hit my head and also got a little egg. And that night she was laughing right, and we took a picture with her pointing and laughing at it, and I was like, oh, payback, right, I want to get a picture with me pointing and laughing at her. But then to see how serious it was, and how it still hasn't gone away and all those things, Like in the moment, I feel like I should have felt a little bit.
Speaker 2: More, but you were just so excited that it's so.
Speaker 6: Excited that all three of us as the Judgment Day girlies now had an egg, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I was like, we're even now.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I mean has it not fully gone away yet?
Speaker 5: Uh No, not fully like she still has a little tiny bit.
Speaker 6: But they've been doing a lot of therapy and stuff, so it is it's coming down, thankfully.
Speaker 2: What is the therapy for that is it? Is it massage?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like lymphatic or cuppying, I think is what they're doing here. I think she talked about getting maybe like a lighta kinge shot just to help it as well. Hopefully she doesn't need surgery for something like that, but I just hope he keeps going down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been since April. That's a long it's a long time. And cupping leaves a nice little uh b. So you're like, yeah, go ahead, yes, cup on my forehead.
Speaker 6: And almost every night after all when she does do her therapy, she always asked me for my bandana too. That I just wrestled in because it puts the pressure to keep it down as well.
Speaker 5: And so I'm like, you need to wear it on the plane, you need to wear it all the topact.
Speaker 6: It's a compression sock for her head exactly. So she's pulling Overul Rodriguez at night. In case anyone was wondering if.
Speaker 1: You had to choose one other WWE superstar to join Judgment Day, Oh, who are you picking?
Speaker 3: This is tough?
Speaker 5: This is tough. Is it a female? Is it another male?
Speaker 3: Good? Question up to you.
Speaker 2: You could pick one of each if you want. If you want to say, like.
Speaker 4: If if there were five birds at the zoo, five, yes, so then who would you could make five?
Speaker 3: Who's going to be?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Man, I feel like the guys because we're such a heavy we're big heavy women Judgment Day right now, I think the guys need some muscle on their site. Not the JD and Dominic aren't strong. They're very muscular men, the most manliest men on the No one more manly.
Speaker 5: No, No, I mean you see JD, that.
Speaker 6: Guy walking around carrying that big oldhead of his that takes a lot of muscles.
Speaker 2: Love, Your JD traps are strong.
Speaker 5: His traps are real strong.
Speaker 6: Oh man, you know, I like almost almost just joined Dominic on Triple A. I don't know if you guys saw so, like he'd be a good heavy hitter for muscle. We're going and for the women to hopefully take advantage of.
Speaker 5: We're going to Triple A in September in Vegas. Are you really Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just wait, I'm not going.
Speaker 5: No, No, they're taking We're taking our kids.
Speaker 3: They're taking the kids. I don't get invited to the fun stuff.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, it's because you're not one of the kids, exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm treated like one of the kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you want to come?
Speaker 7: No, he doesn't like Vegas. Veggas is Vegas is a little rough for Vegas is a lot.
Speaker 3: Vegas is a lot.
Speaker 5: Tell you.
Speaker 6: The smartest thing we did this WrestleMania was not staying in a casino, right, Not that I don't love the casinos. I think they're great and everything, but like just to escape the energy for a little bit, you know, just to get away and have like a moment.
Speaker 3: My first ever wrestling event was here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in La there was Netflix on Netflix, and it was it was what a night.
Speaker 3: It was phenomenal.
Speaker 5: That was a crazy way. Yeah, it was great, amazing, incredible, it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We've only taken him to good ones since then WrestleMania. You know, he only goes to the flashy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why you're here tonight, right of course, because you're going to watch me become the new Intercontinental Women's champion.
Speaker 5: We've heard it here.
Speaker 6: It's a big hurting her first, right, Yeah, you picked a good one. Yeah, she's going down, going down.
Speaker 5: You got to hold the belt.
Speaker 3: I just held the belt.
Speaker 5: Oh you did so.
Speaker 2: I just want you to know we gave it. Good luck for you.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: I know you did because you're technically a Judgment Day girly and you're on the line of.
Speaker 3: Because judgment judge Judgment.
Speaker 2: Day girly, a judgment girl.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's a judgment day girl.
Speaker 4: I don't want to let you know any secrets. But she's got like this, this serious ending move. It's the soul snatcher. I think I felt it once, but she said and again, not picking sides, she said, no one's reversed it on her yet.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 6: Okay, well it could be me. You know, she also hasn't felt as my Tahana bombs, so huh. Let's just see how quickly she can.
Speaker 5: Get out of that one. Today.
Speaker 3: They're going to name a drink after that. I hope, right, I hope.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I was like that something with tequila.
Speaker 3: Perfect name for a.
Speaker 5: Drink, thank you, Almost like Hannah bomb?
Speaker 3: Is it giving?
Speaker 6: Like Irish car bomb but more of like have you ever had a Mexican car bomb?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: Oh, this was something new for me a couple of years ago. So it's a Mexican beer maybe like a modello, and then you get tequila, whatever tequila you want, and for the cream part, because you know how the Irish car bombs have like that Bailey's there's something called drum Chatta.
Speaker 5: Have you had rumshotta and rum? It's so good?
Speaker 3: And then you drop the shot in the man down the.
Speaker 6: House so it tastes like cinnamon, like word chatta kind of, and then you mix it with your hot chocolate during Christmas.
Speaker 5: It's the best. It's the best. Don't get me started. We're talking Christmas beverages. The Tanabam will be a year round for everyone to enjoy it.
Speaker 4: To figure out exactly what that is, because that's a great idea for a drink.
Speaker 5: We'll make it happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, you are a second generation wrestler. Your dad performed locally in Texas. What are your earliest memories around the ring?
Speaker 6: Oh man, A lot of my earliest memories have been in the ring with it and him just picking us up for like lifts and stuff, running the ropes.
Speaker 5: My favorite memories are.
Speaker 6: Though, when we get to the shows and he always tells us, you know, when we're outside watching the show, He's like, you don't call me dad. Don't call me dad when you're out there, especially if he's the bad guy, and don't cheer for me. He'll tell us, don't cher for me. But my sister and I being us. I remember us standing up in the back watching him make his entrance the night of the show on a table, just like ten or eleven years old, probably standing on a table, let's go down. I just remember looking over and him being like, now does he not.
Speaker 5: Want you to call him dad?
Speaker 1: Because automatically a man with kids in the audience, you have a hard time thinking of him as a heel.
Speaker 6: I think so yes, And I think it was also still they had that cafe back then, you know what I mean, And so like back then too. When my dad wrestled, nobody would. The heels and the baby faces were separated the entire time. They never talked, never touch you. Not allowed, yeah yeah, not allowed to friends, not allowed to mingle or anything like that. So it was very, very different then. So the shows that we would watch were just always so entertaining because the characters were over the top. I remember we had a guy I called the English Bulldog I think, but he came out with like a leash and his dog biscuits. He gave me a dog biscuit one time and I was like, oh, this can't be real dog food.
Speaker 5: Been into it. It was real dog.
Speaker 6: My sister, she was always in love with the hottest wrestlers too. She would always be like Shotgun and that one's mine, Shotgun, that one's when I'm like, I don't even get a chance, she'd be calling them out, but before I even get a chance to decide if I think they're cute or not. So we had so many fun memories just traveling with him and doing that.
Speaker 3: So then, other than your dad, who was your favorite wrestler growing up?
Speaker 6: I think because I was watching the Attitude Air at that time, I loved China. I loved Beth Phoenix because they were like bigger girls like me, so it made me feel a lot more comfortable with being my size at my age. I loved watching Stone Cold just because he was so much fun driving in Yeah, yeah, he was so much fun. Randy Orton too, just because I thought he was the best looking man in WWF at the moment.
Speaker 5: Respect respect Randy, and I.
Speaker 6: Loved John ConA too. I remember I had his inflatable hand. The first time I went to a WWE show. I was in high school and they came down to where I'm from the border of Texas, and you know, we don't go down there that often because it's such a rural part of the states, and so when they came down when I was in high school, it's like, oh my god, my first WWE.
Speaker 5: Show bought the hand.
Speaker 6: Went to Waterburger after just to hear that Johnsena stopped at water Burger.
Speaker 5: I was like, this is insane.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so funny.
Speaker 6: So getting to like work with him at Survivor Series for me too, I was like, Wow, this is like a full three sixty surreal moment for me as well, Like I was just really crazy but I'm so grateful that I get those kinds of opportunities and it wouldn't happen without my family and judgment Day.
Speaker 4: Well, since you've hit the heights, have you been able to go back to your hometown and kind of wrestle in that area? I have?
Speaker 5: We have live events.
Speaker 6: So I'm down where I graduated from is called Tilago, Texas, and it's right on the border and they literally built an arena there when I was in high school to have more events to have like B team, NBA teams come down and play, to have WWE come concerts and all that stuff. So we extence have been able to go for live events and it's been so amazing and just heartwarming to like take my my friends from work, Oh, let's go have tacos here and there. They make the best breakfast tacos. You guys got to get breakfast tacos.
Speaker 3: Did people that you grow up with come and watch you wrestle?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had people from high school hit me up and message me and like go and meet them and see their kids, you know, because so many of them have kids and families now that it's it's so different going it's such a big difference going back home. But it's amazing every time I get that opportunity.
Speaker 5: It's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, I started this. I started your intro wearing sunglasses. Where did they come from? Because they feel like they've become a bit of a calling card for your character.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have. And you know what, it was lives Idea. Really it was lives idea. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So when we were tagging before she got injured, before I kind of went through my medical illness year, she was like, you should try wearing sunglasses here and there, and we were still baby faces at the time, so I did. There's like a picture of me in my ar matching yellow tag team outfits and I have like these silver shades, just trying to be cool.
Speaker 5: But then when I came back, I was like, no, we're gonna try again. We're gonna try again.
Speaker 6: We're gonna make them a moment. And so just despite what other people were telling me, I was like, no, they're going to be a moment. It's going to be a thing. And it's just become a thing now. So I'm so happy that. And then I found the rape and the metas and I was like, oh my god, who knew that these videos that I've been taking in the ring were going to have such a moment too great idea.
Speaker 5: It was insane to me.
Speaker 6: That the one from Elimination Chamber when Tiffany hit the glass I just laught, went so viral, and I was like, I've been doing these on the live events. I get such great, great content of the guys laughing and talking and just like having our moments that like the audience doesn't get to see. But I didn't realize that was going to be just something too that would be a fun little staple of my social media.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, that's so great. Were you ever scared for your dad? Like watching when I was on Dancing with the Stars, which, by the way, can I say you were robbed?
Speaker 6: How dare they? How dare they? My sister and I were very angry, all right. We stopped watching after you I know, I.
Speaker 4: Did a podcast every week just talking about how she kept getting.
Speaker 5: So sweet.
Speaker 1: It was such a great season. We it was incredible. I mean, every single thing about it was the best. But when we did it was Halloween week and we did a dance where Pasha was going to turn around and I had, you know, I revealed blood, and it was as if he was he ran at me and like he was attacking me. And I had to warn my children who were in the audience. I was like, it's going to look like Pasha is attacking me. He would never hurt me, he would never attack me. It's part of the dance. It's part of the show. And they totally understood it. But I did, like give them a lot of prep. When you were a kid watching your dad wrestle, you said you were like god Dad, But did you ever get scared watching some of the stuff.
Speaker 5: Not that I can recall in the moment.
Speaker 6: I do remember him coming home from shows sometimes with like he came home one time with two black guys and a broken nose. And I remember we like woke up when he got home. It was like three am. I think he just drove in from Corpus Christie and we were just like He's like, it's okay. You know, it was an accident.
Speaker 5: I got caught by the chair. No big deal.
Speaker 6: But my grandma, she she is very passionate. She has one of those passionate watchers that when she would watch my dad get wrestle wrestle, and he was you know, getting beat up or whatever. She had a moment where she was sitting ringside. She got up, picked up her chair and was ready to hit the guy. Security had to take the chair and grab her and they were about to escort her out.
Speaker 5: My Dad's like, that's my mom, and so now when I call her.
Speaker 6: And I had a picture recently where I started bleeding from the nose, and I guess she saw it somehow, maybe my cousin showed it to her, and she was crying and I was like, Grandma, what's wrong?
Speaker 5: She goes, I, Nika, I.
Speaker 6: Just can't watch you getting hit like that or see blood. And I'm like, but Grandma, you've been around this for so long, I think you would like you know by now was an accident. And she's like, no, absolutely not. I don't like it. I can't watch when you're getting beat up like that. I just I just can't.
Speaker 3: So it's the grandmother's remember.
Speaker 4: Leon White, who played who was Vader, told us a story about he was in a wrestling match and he said he was beating the guy and then the guy had to push me against the ropes and he said he felt a pain in his back and he turned around and there was a little old woman who had just stabbed him to do it, and it literally stabbed him through the ring. Oh my goodness, it was this tiny little like the guy's.
Speaker 3: Grandmother or something just came up and stabbed me. So yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: I get scared about inviting my grandma to some shows, like like when we were in the Valley for those Life shows. I kept her backstage because I was like, oh, if I get her out.
Speaker 5: She knows she's gonna do something. She has no control, no control.
Speaker 4: That sound's great though, the passion of the fans come on the family members and the fans.
Speaker 6: But that's where I think I get my anger problems from. I said another way, Yeah, I get my passion from her.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Grandma for this passion. It's gotten me.
Speaker 5: Far, got me wrong far.
Speaker 2: Did your dad encourage you to follow in his footsteps?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: How did he feel when you wanted to do this?
Speaker 6: Not at first, because I actually I told him when I was very very young, when I mean my dad was out wrestling the day I was born, you know, so like I grew a love and a passion for it just from watching him and being around him all the time. And I told him when I was very young I wanted to do and he was like, no, absolutely not. It was brawls and panties back then, you know, like the women's evolution really hadn't happen. And he's also someone in the business that was like, you know, I've seen what it can be like for women, and I don't want that for you. So he's like, you'll go to college and you'll graduate and then maybe we'll revisit this.
Speaker 5: So I did that.
Speaker 6: I played basketball and I got a scholarship, went to college, and the day I graduated, I was like, Dad, I want to try. Yes, it's different now, the women's evolution has happened at this point, like I would love to just give it a go. And he was like, okay, you have two years, but you're only going to go and train with people I know. So for like the first year, I would have to drive and meet him from my college town and him from the valley to train whenever we could, maybe once a month, twice a month. And then I saw WWE was having an open tryout at the Arnold Classic. I said that might be my shot, bought a ticket, went to the Arnold Classic, showed up in front of the recruiter and they had their people picked, but he was like, go ahead and email me, and then got an email back and they were like, yeah, we'd like to invite you for a tryout.
Speaker 5: And the rest is history.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I have to ask where did you play college ball?
Speaker 5: Sam Houston State Inville.
Speaker 6: I played two years at Texas A and in Kingsville, and then I transferred to sam Houston State.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my mom was the one who taught us how to play basketball. So the Yukon women that's all we watch.
Speaker 6: I got iconic, iconic Yukon and Tennessee. That was the dream, right dad, be a volunteer or.
Speaker 3: Be awarewol of it. Yeah, that was it. That's always that's that was my life.
Speaker 6: So I love too that women's basketball is having a moment right now, is having such a huge moment. Those women are getting so many like they're just fighting for what they deserve and it's so cool to see.
Speaker 5: I fully supported.
Speaker 6: I'm so happy for them, Like, what a big step in women's sports for them.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of which, I would love to get your opinion surrounding Caitlin Clark. There's a lot of opinions a lot of people think she's targeted for flagrant fouls. Some say the officiating is inconsistent, but this type of exposure around the w NBA is actually more than WWE. It's more WWE than ever. Yeah, so what are your feelings on Kaitlin.
Speaker 6: I feel like we need a reality show on Kaitlyn Clark. Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 3: I love I love her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's you know, she's been such a respectable player all throughout her college years, even that first year in the WNBA. She's tried to represent and be held to the pedestal that she's been placed on. But like I mean, you know, we got to say what it is the other players, and sometimes some of those fowls are not what they should be. Yeah, and they it's called one way. Sometimes you can say it's one way. We all know if we played basketball. I'm sure you understand. Sometimes the referees do call it one way, and it is what it is.
Speaker 4: It seems more flagrant than ever because there's I mean, some of the some of the women that came before the Diana's, Rossi's and the Sue Birds, these are phenomenal players, but it seems like with the spotlight on her. It is becoming more and more flagrant. And at first, yeah, I didn't blame any of the other teams. I blamed her teammates for not standing up in like, how is it not a fight every week?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And now that's started to happen more and more with they're like, yeah, you're not going to touch her, and that's when I'm kind of like, all right, here we go, there we go.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I'm all for supporting her and her team. I think like what they're doing is they're standing up for themselves. I think they've taken enough heat for everything that's been going on, but I'm all for it too, And I think they should get a reality show somewhere.
Speaker 4: Well, it's all good for the wa it's all good for the WAA.
Speaker 6: More exposure on how these women like what they do, if they have other jobs outside of the WNBA, Like, it just be really good stuff for like even younger girls to watch who are aspiring to be like these professional athletes. There's so many out of them out there, and I think if more women knew that those were opportunities that they could get, they'd be even more inspired to do it. In school, and to do it outside of school and all those things too.
Speaker 4: Well, how much do you feel like you're doing that for a whole new generation of female wrestlers.
Speaker 6: I hope I'm doing that a lot, you know. I'd like to think that especially the kids from back home, from where I'm from, know that you know, they're not going to be stuck in this box that we've been placed in because you know, back home too, we can say kids usually you know, sometimes they have kids already in high school, or they get married right out of high school and start.
Speaker 5: Their families immediately.
Speaker 6: I want them to know there's more opportunities and there's more things that you can do if you just give yourself the time and the patients and also put yourself in the right spots when you can, you know, and just being open to every opportunity that comes your way.
Speaker 5: So I hope I'm doing that for them. Ey girls in the Valley, Where was that You.
Speaker 1: Arrived in the WWE universe as part of the twenty seventeen inaugural May Young Classic, an event that, now looking back, was filled with a lot of future superstars making their debut. Kyrie Sane, Ria Ripley, Dakota Kai, Candice Larray, Bianca bell Air. The list goes on and on. What do you remember from those two days in Florida.
Speaker 6: Oh, I had just started with NXT two, so that was like fairly new, the first big thing I was doing with WWE. With NXT, it was an amazing, amazing weekend. I will not like like you to have so many women from so many backgrounds, so many cultures and all there just representing women in sports and women's wrestling. It was beautiful to have Beth Phoenix there, to have Mickey James there as like our people to go to to talk to. It was just so inspiring. And honestly, it was that year and the following year when we did it again, that just kept me going and kept me motivated. I was like, this is what it's about, bringing women to the front, to the front page. And I remember watching the Cruiserweight Tournament right before I started in NXT, and I just thought, Wow, these guys are so athletic. Everything they're doing, they're bringing like a new vibe to wrestling, a new class to wrestling. That's what I hope this does for women, and I think it did. It really opened the doors for so many women across the world and to see how many women like we have a wrestler from Malaysia, you know who's coming out more and she's a part of the NXT, the new program. It's just really really cool to see people like her getting an opportunity to shine.
Speaker 5: Truly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now the rock Hew we saw back then is much different than the one we see on TV today.
Speaker 2: What do you think is the biggest difference.
Speaker 6: Definitely confidence, Definitely confidence. I feel like it took me a while to really get used to seeing myself on TV, to being put in a position with all these beautiful women who have great figures, great like beautiful just from top to bottom, beautiful and so talented too, and to know that I belong in that position, you know what, I need to know that I'm.
Speaker 5: Part of that group.
Speaker 6: It's so crazy to kind of get your mindset into that space.
Speaker 5: But that's what I really took from it.
Speaker 6: I was like, I just I feel like I gained so much confidence and I could tell there was a point where I was trying to like hide it a little bit with the half mask while still trying to represent my culture and find what was gonna work best for me with like the Western style because I'm coming from Texas, so it was all just playing with you know, we're just playing with different elements. But it definitely shows how I've changed and grown throughout the years. And to know that next year that'll be ten years since that's happened, that's insane.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it goes it goes by.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: We'll take it from two people who are looking at thirty three years, you know, yeaeah, it goes by fast.
Speaker 4: And if you if you had one piece of advice you could give to the new freshman class of wrestlers coming in, what would you tell them.
Speaker 6: I would tell them that it's it's a hard road. It definitely is, and to never feel discouraged. Whatever kind of feedback they get, whatever situation they've been put in, whether they were in a match that they weren't too happy with or whatever the outcome is, they have to keep persevering. I think perseverance is the biggest word I can use to describe the one characters any wrestler would need in this business because you get so many no's, you get so many negatives, you get so many opportunities that you think are for you, but it ends up going for someone else. And I think the more you can come back in with a good attitude, the more you can come back in with that urge to persevere, the better it'll just keep being for you in your journey. Everyone's journeys on this is different.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: Some of them take longer to get to a certain spot. Some of them happen so fast. I think the most joy you can find is within the journey itself and within the people that you get to meet. And I look back on those ten years and think about the people that I worked with in the first may Young Classic and the second Mayn Classic, How I still follow them, How I'm still interested in what they're doing, and they still catch up with me. It's just really cool to know that we went through something together and we are still connected through that.
Speaker 1: I know there are still so many great things on the horizon for twenty twenty six, but I am dying to know what are your big goals for twenty twenty seven?
Speaker 6: Oh, you know, my big goals are obviously to get a singles title and to keep it and to keep it and to hopefully main event WrestleMania. Ellie, That's always going to be on my goal Chary is to main event WrestleMania, to have a singles title match at WrestleMania. That's the big one for sure for anyone, I think in this career.
Speaker 5: So that's what I'm really focusing on. Yeah, it's going to be in.
Speaker 2: So are you ready to go to Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 4: It's probably an easier trip than Vegas. That flight to Vegas is like this the whole way.
Speaker 9: I mean, man, you could probably lie flat on the way to Arabia.
Speaker 6: And they serve great food in the air Saudi Airlines. Wow, it's amazing. Yeah, delicious teas, great fresh juice. You don't even feel like you're in an airplane. You know, there's no airplane food up there.
Speaker 4: Those the planes that have like the apartment in the front, like with the I haven't seen that stuff. Yeah, that would be nice. Will knows a lot about planes. I do, taking lots of trips.
Speaker 1: Rockel, thank you so much for being here. Cannot wait for your match tonight. I'm going to be in the audience with my kids. We will be cheering very loud for you.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys, thanks for having me and my sister and my brother in law. Going to be so jealous that I'm to be here talking with you guy. We talked about mister f All, and I didn't tell them I was doing this podcast because I want them to be surprised.
Speaker 2: So we want to take a picture too, so you'll have a picture to send.
Speaker 5: So thank you. You're jealous, Mattie.
Speaker 2: Our next guest went from yelling defense.
Speaker 1: At basketball games to assembling an offense that has wreaked havoc on an entire WWE women's division. She's been a model, a cheerleader, a gymnast, and a dancer, but it looks like she's finally found her calling as one of the most improved WWE superstars of this era. She recently shocked the WWE universe by ditching her goofy fitness students the Alpha Academy to saddle up with the Vision and get a little more serious and sensual with stable MVP Austin Theory. And all this after she walked into Madison Square Garden and beat Becky Lynch for the Women's Intercontinental Championship.
Speaker 5: In the type of biggest stage performance.
Speaker 1: Usually reserved for guys with the last name Brunson. It would be difficult to predict the future of the WWE without including her name.
Speaker 5: She went from all smiles to all.
Speaker 1: Vile, but we are so happy to have her on Podmeats World.
Speaker 5: Let's give it up for Maxine Dupree. Thank you. I love that intro. Oh I think that is my ring tone. I love that.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to get into your journey because it is super inspiring.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: But first, we have one thing in common other than both being very young and cool. Yes, we are both competitive dancers. The difference is I started at forty five years old. When did you start?
Speaker 5: I started at three? Okay, so yes, I started dancing it was three.
Speaker 8: I didn't start competing very seriously until I was ten, and then from like ten onward, it was like six days a week, competitions, NonStop, flying to la a lot and just really like chasing dance.
Speaker 5: Like dance was my.
Speaker 10: Favorite passion little baby I ever had.
Speaker 5: I was in love with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Did you have a style that you studied?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did everything.
Speaker 8: We competed in lyrical, contemporary, jazz, tap, hip hop, point, but contemporary and jazz were my favorite, my bread and butter.
Speaker 9: Did you ever do ballroom? Or Latin No, and I would love to.
Speaker 5: I would love to.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we didn't have that at our studio growing up, but that's something I would.
Speaker 5: Have loved to do.
Speaker 3: So was Dancing with the Star Is something that you'd be interested in?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Yeah, of course I would die to be on that show. It would be so fun.
Speaker 8: It would be such a challenge because I don't think I've exercised that part of my in five years, Like when I stopped dancing, I quit cold Turkey and jumped into this. So it would be such a challenge and it's just so much control and ballroom.
Speaker 5: Yes, it would be crazy, but I would love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to know.
Speaker 1: Was wrestling in your life at all as a kid, or did you ever dance to the DX theme or something similar?
Speaker 8: You know what's crazy is I had never seen Monday Night Raw, I had never seen SmackDown.
Speaker 5: I had no idea.
Speaker 8: My grandpa, my dad's dad, was a die hard Monday night wrestling fan, but I didn't even know, Like, I had no idea. And then in high school I fell in love with Total Divas. Still never watched wrestling there, Like I was just like, these women are it? They are stunning, they're bad ass, they have all these businesses. I was just really infatuated with them. But I had no idea that what I was watching was what my grandpa was watching. And then it became this like fun little banter. We had a like holidays between me and my dad and my grandpa and I would be talking about the girls, and you know, he would be like, Oh, that's so and so's husband and so and So's boyfriend, and like we'd be comparing all the things. Yeah, it's kind of like a joke for me to like go into it. Like it was like my grandpa told me. He was like, well, you can't be in the WW unless you can do a kip up. And I was like, say less, Papa went outside of Thanksgiving and showed him.
Speaker 5: I was like, I can do that. I can do that.
Speaker 8: What's a kipp It's when you lay on your back and you spring up to your feet.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yes, okay, like the old school martial arts move.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 8: And I don't know why he felt like that was the move. You have to have to be here, that was the one.
Speaker 2: He was like, you have to be at the bottom of a mat and.
Speaker 5: You have to be able to hop up like that. He was very passionate about that.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then he's like.
Speaker 5: All right, maybe you could do it.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: You bounced around between dance and gymnastics, eventually landing as a cheerleader for the Rams, Yes, who lost in the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was pretty horrific.
Speaker 1: And then you pivoted to the Phoenix Suns Yes, who also lost lost in the finals.
Speaker 5: Now until you won here. Yeah, were you ever nervous? You were bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, I think the problem was is that a bunch of men were in charge of our destiny.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you in charge, and we'll get it done. That's exactly right. I know.
Speaker 1: With cheering and synchronized group dance, part of the skill is blending in becoming one unit. And now you are in a business that really rewards standing out as a larger than life individual, which is more comfortable for you.
Speaker 8: It's funny because growing up competing in dance in high school, we would compete as a team, and then we'd also do like solos, duets, trios. I always did best in a solo. I was always a much better solo performer. I always had a really hard time, and our group routines a blending especial because I'm so like lengthy, So that was like my biggest challenge. So when I started doing NFL and NBA dance, it's so sharp and precise and I learned that really quickly, but that wasn't what my bread and butter was. So I feel like this is actually so much easier for me because I don't have to look the same as anyone else. In fact, it's so much better when you look like no one else and you do moods differently. So I feel like it's actually been a blessing that, like, yeah, I don't have to blend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good strength to have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be like I can shine on my own, yes, especially here. Okay, And then I want to know, how did you, at twenty two years old decide to create your own clothing line.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know why I did.
Speaker 3: Just bored.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 8: Both My parents are entrepreneurs, and so I always had this instilled in me. Like growing up, I'd be like, oh, I want to be a dance teacher, and they'd be like, no, you need to own a dance studio.
Speaker 5: You want to like make money right while you're be the owner for the creed.
Speaker 8: So that was always in my mind. And when you cheer for the NFL or NBA, it's very part time. You have to have other jobs. You're making like just a a minimum wage. You're getting paid by the hour, you have no benefits. So I had a bunch of other jobs like teaching fitness classes and that kind of stuff. But I just like knew I wanted more than that, so I just I didn't go to college, So I just like went on YouTube and taught myself everything like legally set up and trademarked and all the stuff.
Speaker 5: And I really enjoyed it. It was so much fun.
Speaker 8: And when I moved to Phoenix, I opened a storefront and had my first brick and mortar and.
Speaker 5: It's called Jaunt.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that was your first Ye had a brick and mortar store in Arizona and you were twenty four years old.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was so fun. I don't know what I was doing. I like hired my best friend. We would like we would just be hanging out, like running the store, and then we'd be.
Speaker 5: Like should we close and go to happy hour?
Speaker 1: I know, I mean it does it feels really it feels equally as scary to just be like I'm going to just start wrestling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Really, the crazy part was that when I opened the storefront, four months later, I got signed and I had to move to Orlando. So then I was like trying to manage employees from AFAR, which was like really a challenge. So that's when I ended up getting out of my lease there going back all online okay, which has been awesome and I love it. But I think it's one of those things where like, obviously this is my current passion, and I feel like in order to thrive here, you have to be one hundred and ten percent in. So it's something that I think later down the line in life off like folks on more and it's something I always want to have. But I think it's one of those things where it's like, if you spread yourself too thin, you can't be amazing at any of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Interesting, So now when you were i mean performing growing up, is it one of those things where that has one of the things I'm learning, So I'm learning about the wrestling world. Daniel's bringing me in and so I'm really seeing it's the balance between the athleticism, but it's also your character and it's really coming out with a persona. Was growing up as a cheerleader and as a dancer and everything. Did that help you more with the persona side as well as the athletics, Yes, Like.
Speaker 8: I've always loved acting, like since I was little, Like you remember when Disney Channel used to do the like you can do this to submit here, I'm like, mom, submit me, Like I always just wanted to be on camera, on screen, and my parents were very like I was not allowed to do anything in that world in Los Angeles until I was eighteen, okay, And then when I was sixteen, I think they were like, Okay, she's has her head screwed.
Speaker 5: On enough that like it'll be fine.
Speaker 8: So they let me get an agent when I was sixteen, and then I started flying to LA more to do more like commercial acting and modeling. But I always wanted to be in TV and film, and I think.
Speaker 3: It was Disney Channel the goal growing up.
Speaker 8: I think when I was little, Yeah, like I was watching Hannah Montana, like why am I not Miley Cyrus right right?
Speaker 5: And now I feel like I am. I'm living the best of both worlds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, where you go.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I always wanted to be on screen, so that side of it is so easy and fun for me. Like I love performing, I love playing a character. I love acting learning a new craft, and like trying to make this art look real and vicious and also stay safe and keep your opponents safe. That's the part that has always been the biggest.
Speaker 5: Challenge for me.
Speaker 4: How does your dance background and the gymnastics background lend itself to learning the moves to be a professional wrestler.
Speaker 5: I think it's having body control like I have.
Speaker 8: I think I have very good like muscle mind connection from doing it from such a young age. And I competed in gymnastics when I was like seven, eight and nine, and then I stopped.
Speaker 5: But I think during that time.
Speaker 8: I like hated it because they were like making me do pull ups and have five hour practices.
Speaker 5: When I was eight, I was like, I was like, can we go? Can we go to a dancer?
Speaker 3: Remember?
Speaker 8: But I think that discipline like really instilled something in me, and just the ability to like have control over your body. I think that has been the biggest benefit for me.
Speaker 1: You mentioned after you opened the storefront in Arizona, you were twenty four years old. Just four months later you were signed. How did you end up at WWE tryouts?
Speaker 8: So we were it was either Thanksgiving her Father's Day. I always forget, but it was like one of those things where my papa was joking around, and I emailed my modeling agent and said, like, this is so random, but like, if you know anyone, I would love a tryout for the WWE. And then around the same time, I had submitted online a bunch, but this was right after COVID, so I don't think they had I think I was the first tryout after COVID. Okay, and like my modeling agent never responded. But then two weeks later I got an email saying that I was invited.
Speaker 5: To Las Vegas for the tryout. I was like, okay, I.
Speaker 8: Don't know if they saw my submission online. I don't know if she forwarded to someone. I don't know what happened, but I got a tryout. I went in Las Vegas at Summer Slam that the last day of the tryout was a three day tryout.
Speaker 5: They pulled.
Speaker 8: I want to say, there was fourteen of us and they offered us contracts and staid you're moving to Orlando in thirty days and that was that was.
Speaker 3: That can you do me?
Speaker 4: Because I keep hearing like I'm getting I gotta try out, I gotta try out.
Speaker 3: What what does that entail?
Speaker 4: I mean if you've never wrestled before, do they just throw you in a ring and say go You're like fight?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 3: Are they showing you moves and seeing if you can mimic them? Like? What what is a trial?
Speaker 8: Okay, So the first day you're getting in the ring, it's a lot of like cardio. I think it's a lot to say who you are as a person, like are you going to quit? Or are you going to enjoy this? And like do you want to be here? So they're trying to get you to be like so exhausted. So you're riding the ropes, you're doing grape squishers.
Speaker 5: You're doing like.
Speaker 8: Ford rolls, backward rolls, handstand rolls, just to see like your footwork and athleticism.
Speaker 3: What's a grape squish?
Speaker 8: You're sitting in the corner doing high knees and then they'll say down and you dropped down into.
Speaker 5: A burbie, jump back up?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay?
Speaker 5: Actually horrific yeah, not a great time.
Speaker 8: And then you do a one minute promo in front of everyone on camera.
Speaker 5: I think that's probably like the.
Speaker 8: Scary part because you're just like you also have to have like manage that sixty seconds because they don't want you to go over under and you want to perform well. But you also have to like kind of know what you're trying out for, so it's like we're on TV, so don't be using cuss words and all those like little nuances that you may not know unless you've kind of studied it.
Speaker 5: Then the next day is like.
Speaker 8: Back to more cardio and like my the back of my ribs were bruised from the ropes because I'd never run the ropes really, you know, like for a long time like that. And then the next say they do more like promo things and groups and different activities and just kind of like see who has it interesting?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: That's a lot different than auditioning for like a Cheerios commercial as a kid. It's a little different, you know what I mean. Like if I walked in and they were like, all right, burpies, I'd be like what yeah, no, no, no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Going to do that.
Speaker 1: You're lighting your cigarette at eight Well yeah, yeah to get yeah.
Speaker 5: Exactly, a black coffee and a cigarette.
Speaker 3: And I wasn't a heavy smoker until I was ten.
Speaker 5: Sovallid to be fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the first time anyone sees you in NXT, you're a manager. You're a mouthpiece for a tag team, which a lot of WWE superstars can stay in their entire careers. But was your goal always to be a wrestler, like the center of attention?
Speaker 8: Yes, this was like a misconception that happened, And I think it was just that they wanted me on TV and I had only been there for six months. I didn't know how to truly wrestle yet, so they just put me in this group. But I truly wasn't even like the mouthpiece yet because we had mister Stone in the group, Robert Stone, who's still at NXT. He's awesome, and he was more the mouthpiece. So I was just kind of like there, Okay. I was just there like I would point and then von Wagner would beat someone up and I was like, what's going on? I don't know, And then I actually fractured my ankle and was out, like couldn't put weight on. It was out in training, and then like two weeks after that, I got called up. It was like really crazy that I was not trained. My name in NXT was Sophia Cromwell, so I like they had given me a new name and they were like, okay, you're going to be Maxine Dupre. I get called up. I'm not cleared. I like can't walk. They wanted me to wear high heels, like my foot won't even been that way.
Speaker 5: It was so crazy.
Speaker 8: It was a crazy time and I was like I always say, like that day like.
Speaker 5: Got intervened because I should not be here.
Speaker 8: After that first day on the main roster, I was supposed to have a five minute in ring promo.
Speaker 5: I'd never done an enring promo. We're doing rehearsals.
Speaker 8: I'm like, I was up all night trying to memorize this promo, like and.
Speaker 5: I'm so nervous. I don't know anyone.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 5: It was crazy.
Speaker 8: Thankfully it got changed to like this like two sentence backstage, and I feel like if that didn't happen, I would not.
Speaker 3: Be sitting here right right.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 8: I know because of dance, Like if you forget something on stage, you have to stay. You have to stay out there and perform. So I would have.
Speaker 5: Gotten through it, but it would have been horrific. Yeah, but yeah, maybe it wouldn't have been. Give yourself some credit. You would have kept it going. I mean, I kept it going.
Speaker 2: But but you're happy that the way it worked out, Like you said, intervention on your behalf somewhere and it all worked out.
Speaker 8: Was worse the dialogue or the ankle, honestly both because it was in ring and I was like, I can't walk to the ring in these heels. And they're like, we'll just bring you out in the dark, like it'll be dark, no one will see you. I'm like, I'm gonna be limping out here in this black dress and heels.
Speaker 1: It was crazy, I mean, to be fair, she had no prior experience in wrestling.
Speaker 5: She was a twenty four year old with a clothing line and.
Speaker 2: Here we go and actually the.
Speaker 5: Story of my life there you go.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: So growing up you said that you weren't really a wrestling fan, you didn't know anything about it. Now that you're in, have you gone back and kind of studied as much of it as you possibly get?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yes, And I love watching things now.
Speaker 8: It's funny. I was thinking about this the other day. When I first got called up, I had so much anxiety around this business, just because I felt so out of place that I almost would like go home and like not want to watch anything, Like I just wanted to clock out because the thought of it was like like I just was like so overwhelmed, and I feel like I'm in this place now. Where When I started training at a place called Flatbacks with Sean Spears and Tyler Breeze and I had a couple of friends there, John and Noel, and we would train and it was like the first time I trained with no pressure and we were just like selling moves funny and really having fun.
Speaker 5: And I really started like fall in love with the art form.
Speaker 8: And then when we got like our little Monday Night Raw friend group, and I spend a lot of time with a lot of these girls and getting to see like Lyra and Roxanne who grew up loving this and seeing like their perspective on things, like I've really fallen in love with it and now I just like love watching and I love watching the stuff that they watched as a kid, like that they have these like pure memories of and I love getting to watch it now and be like, wow, this is so cool.
Speaker 4: So then if you've gone back and watched them of the older stuff, is there a favorite era you have of the Oh, Nikki Bella's biggest fan.
Speaker 5: Okay, so like anything Nikki's do anything the divas are doing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I love Stacey Keebler.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: I love watching aj Lee. I love it all.
Speaker 8: But then I also love watching and He when it was Becky Lynch, Bailey, Charlotte, when they're all coming up those matches Mercedes, Oh my gosh, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Those are incredible matches.
Speaker 5: Yes, I know.
Speaker 1: The WWE universe has seen the entire journey from your very green days where everyone was so critical to now where you are out there shining with some of the all time greats winning a title in Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 5: When do you think it all started to just click for you?
Speaker 8: Honestly, when I started working with Becky, I think, yeah, I think that like really changed my life. Don't tell her I said that, but yeah, that really like changed things around for me. I think when you get to work with someone who's just has so much more experience than you and has so much knowledge and is willing to share that with you.
Speaker 5: It changes the game. Those are my favorite matches.
Speaker 9: I still like look at them and I'm like, wait, I can't believe it that that I'm still good there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what's going on there? I loved all of the stuff you did with Natty too. Yes, I have to imagine working with her was a huge help.
Speaker 5: Yes, my total divas queen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to pick a better mentor so.
Speaker 8: Yes, and training with her and TJ at the Dungeon was nuts. That like as another pivotal moment in my career where I learned so much, so much about aggression and I think, you know, dealing with her in the ring and her beating me up NonStop, but also getting to train with her, I think has really played into where I am now and getting to just unleash on everyone.
Speaker 3: I always love the names of these places.
Speaker 4: It's always the Dungeon and yeah, it's never like we're going to happy House, exactly, like.
Speaker 5: You're going to help right exactly Ellen Is.
Speaker 4: I've found that for the most part that people have have made it easier for you to join, and they're accepting and they want to give you that knowledge and they want to make sure that the next generation is prepared to take over eight thousand percent.
Speaker 8: I think when you come into this locker room and you're eager to learn, and you show that every single one of us will give you every ounce of information. I think what's really cool is like we all feel the same way about you know, like lifting each other up.
Speaker 5: We're all rising together.
Speaker 8: It doesn't benefit any of us if someone's not thriving, being in the ring with someone that's not doing well, or something's not going right, like it's it's a it takes two to tango. It's not going to help you to that to hurt anyone else in the process.
Speaker 1: You know totally that probably that mentality is probably there for you from dance too. You know, like the group needs to thrive in order for me to look as good as I possibly can.
Speaker 8: And I think it's similar where it's like there it is an individual sport, but it's.
Speaker 5: Also a team sport exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: Well, now you've joined the Vision. You are just a despicable humor.
Speaker 5: I am so ashamed. I think, so I didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 9: How has it felt being booed? It's amazing I don't care about these people. I love hearing them upset, like y'all made me upset for years.
Speaker 5: Take that, enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I do not care.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 6: Is it fun?
Speaker 3: Is it really fun to play the best?
Speaker 8: I mean, I would be pissed too if if they were looking at me hanging all over Austin theory and it.
Speaker 5: Sucks for them, they would ring for us in theory. Worse, look at that.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I am very excited for an eventual Austin and Maxine versus Dom and.
Speaker 2: Live matt Y.
Speaker 5: See, that's what everyone wants.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's got WrestleMania written allah over it. Who else is in your sights?
Speaker 8: Soul?
Speaker 5: Ruka? Who's walking around with my title acting like it's.
Speaker 3: It was really great?
Speaker 4: It's kind of a nice heavy belt, it seemed kind of it seemed it seemed like it looked kind of at home on her shoulder.
Speaker 8: I'll be honest with you, Well, yeah, she is a little too comfortable, so I don't disagree. She probably does think that it's sitting right at home, but it won't.
Speaker 1: Be for long.
Speaker 5: It won't be for long. Yeah, I think I would love to.
Speaker 8: Get my hands on Soul Ruca. We have a crazy division, you know. I know Lyra has really taken out Bailey, which is super nice. So if she wants to like leave you know, her sloppy seconds, I'd hop on that too.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, got some matches to look forward to.
Speaker 4: Its just kind of the joy and happiness and then this underlying hatred where it's.
Speaker 10: Get that they did that to me like I was a joyful child. The w universe caused this. Yeah, so I don't feel bad, so you have we have to deal with it now exactly.
Speaker 1: Is there anyone in NXT right now that you know is going to dominate on one of the flagship shows?
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, yes, there's several nxt is stacked. Jada Parker Okay, I love I love watching her. She has it like she has she has it. Lola Ice hmmm, Klawnie Kendall Gray, great, there's a ton like that. Whole division is Kelly Armstrong. Yeah, love her. Okay, Yeah, you've heard it here.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. Yeah, very excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Maxine, thank you so much, thank you for having me. This was really great. I can't wait to see where this all goes for you. I feel like you're really your claws are sunk in and now it's getting very exciting. Thank you well, stay tuned, guys, we will thank you, Thank you, Thank you all for listening to this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com and we've got merch.
Speaker 5: What yeah, well, I call on you what march Oh?
Speaker 3: I was trying to do the thing where you think you're out but you yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll count again. Yeah one, two, no, no, no, no, there we go perfect.
Speaker 2: Pod Meets World Show. We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 1: Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfordell and Wright Strong Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on on Instagram at Podmeets World Show, or email us at podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com.