Speaker 1: And That's what you Really Missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Podcast Welcome to and That's what You Really Missed podcast Guilty Pleasures Guilty Pleasures.
Speaker 2: This originally aired on March twenty first, twenty thirteen. This is episode seventeen of season four.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 2: Deep like in the home stretch here of season four, right.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe it.
Speaker 2: Very strange and when we were going into this season, we were a little concerned about if it was good or not, and people were saying it wasn't great. How do you feel thus far?
Speaker 1: I feel great, aside from like a few episodes, Feud being one of them, Like no, and Feud wasn't even that. They're just they're more filler. There's stuff that happens, of course, but they're more filler transitions. I feel really solid about this season. It's not it's definitely not season three, but it is solid in my opinion. Really good music, great memories, fun storylines. New York is like popping off. I'm just here for it, I really am it.
Speaker 2: Does do you feel it does feel like a bit of a different show, Like it feels a little different, Yes, but I like what it is yeah, I'm not. I'm not. I don't mind some of the more filler episodes, Like I'm just sort of enjoying the absurd teen show of it all agreed, like, it's very consistent. It doesn't feel like it doesn't feel like we're completely off base. It doesn't feel like it completely lost the plot, you know, I mean, hasn't jumped a shark. It does feel different, but you know, it's season four of a show, so I think that happens. I feel like the growing pains or whatever you want to call it feels very consistent with what happens on other shows. I think in my head, I remember it being a lot different, and I'm just I'm enjoying it again.
Speaker 1: Saying yeah. I also, I feel like we got a lot of like it because they graduated and everybody's off to different places and the band isn't all together like it used to be. I do feel like we get really good nuggets of everybody being together still too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I do. I do miss everyone. Yeah, I definitely want some more Mercedes and Mike and just everybody back. But the new kids I'm loving. And I obviously we're biased. I can't tell I cannot separate from how I feel about them personally, So there's no way for me to objectively tell you how I feel. But how it feels watching is that I'm fully in. But I do think we talked about earlier in the season they were trying to you know, we could feel them trying to get the new kids to stick.
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely.
Speaker 2: I just think everyone's so good. I think like Becca and Melissa and Alex and Blake and Jacob and everyone's just been the.
Speaker 1: More opportunity to give them, the more they shine. That's a thing like getting those episodes where it's just McKinley based really helps said that, you know, set the tone for the rest of the season. Absolutely, So this is structured by our dear friend Eric Stolts wonderful.
Speaker 2: Which makes sense because like last episode, there are also some editing choices and this episode and the musical numbers specifically where we said Baker could get away with it because he was like the head of editing. Stilts is also probably the person outside of Ryan or Brad who's directed the most yes and has that relationship and had some really cool editing choices and the musical numbers in this episode.
Speaker 1: I think totally he was. This was a good one for him. I think this episode. This was written by Russell Friend and Garrett Learner, and there's an array of songs.
Speaker 2: So much music. It feels like there's so much music, so many songs. This episode also felt really long, very long. I feel like in these this episode, in the two prior, there's so much music. There's not a lot of story, but like a lot of great performances. Yes, and we're just the music is driving here, Yes, exactly. The music is definitely driving. Wake Me Up Before you Go Go performed by New Directions, Goba Cabana performed by Sam.
Speaker 1: Against All Odds, Take a Look at Me Now performed by.
Speaker 2: Blaine, Want to Be by the New directions, Girls So.
Speaker 1: Good, My Prerogative perform by Jake.
Speaker 2: Creep performed by Rachel and Brody.
Speaker 1: And Mama Mia by Abba performed by Kurt Rachel Santana.
Speaker 2: In the New Directions About your Favorite, I Have Stuff to Say So, Sam was originally going to sing I Knew You Were Trouble, but the song later changed at Copacabana because in the promo for the episode, Sam told Blaine that he loves Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were supposed to do Taylor and for some reason that didn't work out.
Speaker 2: There must have been some clearance issue at the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the second episode in a row where Blaine has had a part in setting the weekly assignment.
Speaker 2: And Blaine is really all over the place, like he is singing more than everybody. He is stepping up. They're really leaning on Darren here.
Speaker 1: This yes, these few episodes.
Speaker 2: Against all odds, is the second song that Darren sing live on set. You'll remember Teenage Dream and the breakup So good.
Speaker 1: This is the first episode to not feature any of the major adult cast, so noel Ma, Sue be Spikings, Carolyn Burt.
Speaker 2: The kids. It's Kid's House, Kids Kiss. This episode marks the last appearance of Brody in the series.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was fast.
Speaker 2: He's been in a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he has to do it wild though just one season. The handwriting of guilty pleasures on the whiteboard in the choir room changes multiple times.
Speaker 2: Don't get Cord to do it right. Back in the substitute Will tells Holly that she will be the substitute teacher if he is sick. He was out sick, but the glee club was canceled for the week. She was probably filming Iron Man yeah or Avengers movie.
Speaker 1: No. Seriously, Jake states that they do Rihanna songs all the time in class. However, the last Rihanna song was We Found Love in Yes or No, from the previous season when Jake was not a member of the club.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you really think they're like passing around? Here are songs we've done as a New Clean Club member. You should know our entire history. No, definitely not, absolutely not. So the members of New Directions perform songs that they're ordinarily too embarrassed to admit they love. That's the episode kids. Oh wow, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that was shocking. Okay, Yeah, well they didn't even find it.
Speaker 2: I mean there's there's two things happening. There's really I mean, there's mister she was outsick, so Sama Kid's house. Yeah, I decide to give us assignment, and we all do our guilty pleasures. That's basically it. And through that we also have some guilty admissions and personal lives. And then you have the New York of it all, where the thing going on is Santana's trying not to tell Rachel the real reason why Brody mysteriously broke up with her, and Kurt is in on it and he's trying to keep Santana from doing it. Let's start there, because this bathroom scene is so satisfying to me, where Rachel's in the shower, Kurt is getting ready in the mirror, and Santana is like, I need more room in here, and then is blackmailing Kurt be like, I will tell Rachel what really happened if you don't clear out some room for me for these products continuing. Three of them are so good.
Speaker 1: She is paying to stay there now. She does deserve some space.
Speaker 2: She got a job, she got a Chung coyote ugly. Oh my god, I cannot with that. The quote about I hope my career is better than the girls that are in that movie.
Speaker 1: Brutal, brutal, love that movie though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Kurt is in class at YadA and the teacher's assignment is similar to the glee clubs somehow magically in kind of revealing your most vulnerable childhood memories or things. And so the one is the girl before him is going is doing potty training, right. But Kurt, then we find is sleeping with his boyfriend pillow, which like, at the time, this was a real thing. Oh yeah, Like the boyfriend pillow was coming up in the world. A lot of people have them, like infomercial Central. Yes, it is kind of funny, but.
Speaker 2: I loved it. It felt like a very friend's storyline. This whole boyfriend pillow thing.
Speaker 1: Totally the boyfriend arm pillow thing. Also Bruce is Carl Kurt named it or whatever, Bruce or whoever gave him the name. He also said that he Ambien purchased this online, And I feel like that was real to Chris because there was a lot of people on our set who were ambient users that would have like crazy in nighttime ambient stories, So I feel like that was also pulled from life.
Speaker 2: I mean, Chris was infamous for his ambient purchases, the amount of things that would show up at his house and he had no recollection ordering. Oh yeah, so good, wild, so good.
Speaker 1: And Rachel.
Speaker 2: Is not totally convinced that she's not going to get back together with Brody, right, and Santana finally has had it and it's like, no, listen, it actually is over and here's why. And Rachel looks like Kurt and she's like, did you know too? And yes, he knew, and so she promptly goes to Niada handsome some money and I like to have dinner with you? Is is how much it costs? Great? Yeah, she finds out the whole thing that Finn showed up and they have this honest heart to heart about like you're not over Finn, Like there's this whole other thing that you weren't telling me about. She's there, Yeah, an adult conversation And what was surprise to me? Through all this? I just kept feeling like, I feel like the normal drama TV show thing to do would have Rachel be mad at Santana for having gone behind her back, having involved Finn, you know, like actually being pissed, like you messed in my business? Right, what are you doing? And she doesn't do that. She defied my expectations. The writers did, being like, I really appreciate you doing that, and I loved to see it to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, I agree with you. I think it could have gone that way because when Finn came out of the bathroom in the last episode, I was like, Oh, how does Rachel want to feel about this? I want her to feel like, oh my night in shining armor came to rescue me. But it's not always how it goes on our show. So you're right. It surprised me as well. And I like that they're getting along. They can't always be fighting these guys in that house.
Speaker 2: And she ended up being right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, she was right. So Rachel is not stirring the pod any anymore. So, And we've said it once, I'll say it again. Naya usually was always right. Was she the most.
Speaker 2: Tactful, No about the ways in which she would bring these things up. No, but she usually was right and could like just sniff it out. It was wild.
Speaker 1: It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she could really do it on all levels, personally, professionally, like she should just turn off that witchiness. Yeah, she knew the little boyfriend pillow thing at the end too.
Speaker 1: And Kurt. That's funny though, when Kurt gets.
Speaker 2: Gets Santana a girl a girl boyfriend pillow with.
Speaker 1: The hand, it's so funny, it's so good. Oh but okay, So Rachel goes and gives money to Brody and they have this very dull conversation but then they break up and the like scene ever and they break into creep. Yeah, I love creep. I love this song. You do, I do do not like this song.
Speaker 2: I have mixed feelings about this song. I love Radiohead. This is probably my least favorite Radiohead single. Like, there's something about when people sing this song, like I think too. I think it's a hard song to cover because of what it's talking about. I feel like I started to laugh a little bit, like they're singing creep and like they're trying to make Brody seem creepy or something. It felt like an odd choice, interesting, and I liked it. I felt like it was a little too pretty.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't think. I mean it was pretty, but I mean.
Speaker 2: They both sounded amazing, that's the thing. Like, I'm conflicted.
Speaker 1: I liked the montage of them running past each other and the whole, like the split montage like, but when they came together, just staying on the stage and black, it felt a little too new directions to me again, like we were going backwards in time.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, it looked like they used the auditorium stage and just put different fronts on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a little too obvious. Yeah, yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: I did like moment. I like elements of the actual performance. Yeah, like the cover and I liked the song. I liked the cover.
Speaker 1: I liked it. I can't believe this is Brody's last song already, this is his goodbye song. You better go out like that. Yeah, you know, from them, he's really been, you know, stepping it up. They've given him a lot of stuff to do and it's been great. Yeah, no, for sure, but it feels like it's time. It's time. It's time.
Speaker 2: We almos got a full season.
Speaker 1: He did, and Finn's come to the rescue. He's calling him a future wife, like we're gonna need fit and something in Rachel. It just feels like everyone's going to get back together with their people, right, Yes, totally totally.
Speaker 2: Kurt sort of dismissed Adam. Where's Adam?
Speaker 1: Setna and Brittany though I'm not sure, Like, yes, we know what's happening, but like right now, it doesn't feel like that. It feels like they're both on their own paths.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I appreciate. Yeah, same, Yeah, it feels like they're doing like more of their journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Kurt and Blaine are sure.
Speaker 2: Very connected, and Rachel and Finn are like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, always we need that, we need that. Yeah. And so we're in We're in McKinley and mister was out sick, so there's no Holly Holiday, and Sam and Blaine decide more blam, they're gonna do the Glee Club. They're gonna hold Glee Club, even though Tina says it's canceled with guilty pleasures for the week. Tina coming into that scene and Sam making fun of her and her saying that was a phase was actually it made me laugh.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 1: And she's just getting more annoyed and more annoyed, which is funny to me, Like she's so annoyed at this point. But this I liked playing a lot. This part of Tina was like really fun for me. So we find out that Sam has a guilty pleasure that he's going to tell Blaine about. And which is the macaroni art. Oh well, the first one is macaroni ar. Oh my god, I love this. I love this, I love this. I think it's so funny. I remember when they shot this and being so amazed at the macaroni.
Speaker 2: Art, and the macaroni art was like hanging around set afterwards and before and we'd see it and it was so weird but brilliant, so funny. And my favorite thing is like when Darren sees or Blaine sees Kurt, like the macar really captures they're so good together.
Speaker 1: They are, and it's just ridiculous. I feel like that storyline came from like Ian Brennan seeing Macaroni art somewhere being like, we have to put this in.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm so absurd that I really did together. It seems really sweet too, because it gives them money. Like, look, I saw you stealing the pasta. I know your dad's going through a rough time. And he's like, no, dog, I'm just a salant.
Speaker 1: Sam. This is the line he says to Tina. Hey, just curious. You can go to hers, go over to his house and straddle and while he's passed out and rubs some ointment on his chest.
Speaker 2: And the enjoyment on his face as he was saying that was so good. I'm glad they're addressing it too.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, and in a joking manner, because we have to. We have to. And so Blaine. Sam's asking Blaine to reveal his guilty pleasure, he avoids it because his guilty pleasure is him yeah, and so he he dodges the question for now, Well for now. Yeah, the Coba Kabana is crazy.
Speaker 2: I love it so much. Eric was the perfect director for this because he captured there's all these little things that happened with everybody, and it's I just enjoyed it so much because it felt so real in terms of like Kid's House, we're doing what we want. We choreograph this ourselves against Yes, definitely, and Chord Chord doing.
Speaker 1: This number is something else, sensational writing truly, truly, he's a fanelo and then everybody admits, I don't Berry, it's so silly, it's so dumb. It is, it's really dumb, but it's so cute. Nobody can pull that off like Cord No, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And I know Taylor Swipt would have been incredible, oh yeah, but but this it just works. This is comedy gold.
Speaker 1: It just works.
Speaker 2: And I love how when he like comes out to Blaine as a Barry Manilow fan, Blaine's like, you have to share this with everyone, and it's also like set up that it's like he's coming out as gay. Yes, it feels like that, and Blaine's getting excited that it's like, what's going to happen? And it's happening in the boys locker room and he's like, I have something to tell you. I thought that was very funny.
Speaker 1: So Blaine does this number, this insane live performance. Of course, he's amazing. He does this. And I listened to this the other day. Actually, I was listening to Season four music and I kind of skipped ahead. I cheated. I forgot. He sings this, and he sounds so good on it. I don't know if he what.
Speaker 2: I love how sort of like when he's sang live last time. By the end of the song, it makes everyone so uncomfortable, Yes, because it gets so oddly intense, Yes, which is the desired effect. And it's works and it's really funny. And then everybody knows what's going on and he totally lies about who that song was about, and like all the kids would look at each other like, wow, well you see what's happening here. I think we shot that really late at night. I everyone looks very tired, everyone napping. I thought I had the exact same feeling watching this, like everyone looks a little sleepy, a little sleepy. And this is when we were downing red bulls.
Speaker 1: Red bulls this night, this night, so Baca, Jacob, Kevin and I were downing red bulls and I like, I think we each had three or four by the end of the night.
Speaker 2: Oh lost my mind.
Speaker 1: Not okay, it's not okay when a cat.
Speaker 2: Gets the zoomies. We weren't even.
Speaker 1: A sip anymore. It's so bad. But we were losing our minds. And this is why I think I have very little memory of like the actual performance versus us acting crazy on the other side of the campus. Absolutely, but Blaine and Sam of this really nice ste at the end where SAMs like, you do you want to tell me? Because I know it's me, which is really sweet.
Speaker 2: I have to say, yes, you know. We talked about the show being like a bridge show, where you know it is the last time things were addressed in certain ways, it's the first time things were addressed in certain ways. And having this really charming jock straight character talked to his gay male best friend like this, which I'm mature, was really profound in a number of ways, and I think Chord did a wonderful job with this, and also is how Cord is in real life and straightforward and loves everybody and yeah, like, let's just appreciate it. That scene me too, and it just gets it out of the way, right, It's like, let's let's address the elephant in the room.
Speaker 1: Let's just do it. I really appreciated that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other thing happening is Bondu for two, where Pretty is like, you're a bitch, nobody likes you. I'm gonna make fun of your face real quick. I'm on Fondu for too, and set the record straight. Their chemistry and Fondu for two. This is maybe my favorite Fondu for two yet because they're both sort of awful to each other, but it works in this really endearing, charming way. Again, they're telling truths but neither of them are sensitive and they're like, well, yeah, you're right, I am about right, so okay, what of it? And then I love that Tina's w on YouTube live streaming Vondue for two and then as furious when Kitty does not admit what her guilty pleasure is and I don't think this is controversial, Spice girls. Who would judge you for listening to Spice Girls?
Speaker 1: My reaction was, that's not so bad. Why was she so scared.
Speaker 2: I thought she was lying. When when Britney says it's Spice Girls, when she's confronted by everybody, I thought Brittany was like covering for her for a second.
Speaker 1: Was Spice Girls going through like a hated moment at that point, though, Like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what I think. In the nineties it was like the boy bands were guilty pleasures, Britney Spears' guils with pleasure. I think all the time they all were guilty pleasure. But by twenty thirteen people just accepted that they were icons and we all loved Spice Girls. But I also think, you know, Baby Spices on the set a couple weeks earlier. It was a way to get the Spice Girls onto the show. So like, whatever it.
Speaker 1: Takes, I mean, we were thrilled. We've been asking for this for a long time.
Speaker 2: I mean, two weeks in a row we got boy bands and now we have the Spice Girls, So whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean do it. Also the fact that Brittany said her guilty pleasure. When I look at a white dogger cut, I assume they're racist. And Lord Tubington's guilty pleasure is scientology and he's sitting there with a book of scientology open. It was.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite scenes, and it tends to be like when all you girls get together, but all the girls together deciding who's going to be Witch Spice girl, and especially you and Alex together, so good your chemistry, everybody's timing, the way it's edited. It was good right, perfectly, it's so good. Well, here's a fun fact. So initially I was so thrilled I was going to be Jenner Spice. Oh and then I got pages pink pages, which when you get a script and things change, there's different an order of color. So I think pink is the first and that's a revision page. And we got pink pages, and Kitty got reassigned to Ginger Spice. I think because of the writing in that scene particularly and like Tina dressing that unique was not going to be the.
Speaker 1: Scary Spice. And I was devastated because Tina was dressed that's like crazy, So I felt like, oh, she gets to be like in that awesome British flag, yeah union dress, yes, like so cool. Ginger was my favorite. I mean she was a lot of people see it, but like I was stoked, and then of course I'm scary spize, which ended up working out because I loved it was perfect, but that was initially not the plan.
Speaker 2: I loved how it was shot. Everybody sort of did their Spice girl look at the camera, and then he has had their own entrance. I love also at the beginning of the scene you see Brittany hiding behind the seconds you just straight up to see her hiding, which is great. And I also feel like that was a very Eric Stultz thing where I feel like anybody else would have had her out of the shot initially.
Speaker 1: Right right, but we have Eric's like okay, fine.
Speaker 2: Get it, yeah, yeah, oh god love it. You guys like, how was rehearsing for this? How was recording this? What was this like?
Speaker 1: So the rehearsal for this was actually very last minute. So I remember rehearsing for this like on the day.
Speaker 2: Well, you're all professionals, and also there's a lot of footage to watch the Spice girls, so I imagine you can.
Speaker 1: True true, but it was very last minute. It was really fun though. I remember shooting this. It was ridiculous. Everybody looked insane, everybody was in character. We had such a fun time. It was like freeform rockout ish though, even though there was like choreography, I think we shot this in zero time. It was so fast. I remember shooting this so fast. But like even the cameras of our entrances and our like little poses and things were like off the cuff, get it and go. That's why I remember about it. That's one.
Speaker 2: You were all so in it. Like Heather sporty spice impression was phenomenal. You was scary phenomenal. I like the way Becca came into that room as gender Spice and Melissa too, are you kidding? Melissa's posh was crazy.
Speaker 1: Your favorite ye act.
Speaker 2: None of you broke, none of you broke Alex with the lollipop the entire time, and like these insane ad libs. I it's sort of you know, we love the girl.
Speaker 1: Stream here, but yeah, yeah, yeah, what a dream. In fact, it was a dream to do.
Speaker 2: That also talented. I loved watching it.
Speaker 1: Thanks, that was really fun. So the other thing that's happening is that Jake wants to do a Chris Brown song. I couldn't believe we did this. It's it's shocking that we did this. It's really surprising that we did this. It's interesting that they had Jake really wanting to do this but like not really, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was it was shocking, what an interesting conversation to have, and I also felt like both sides right tad mature reasoning for their positions, Like this doesn't necessarily feel like a high school conversation, but it feels like the conversation that I want to hear people have yes about. And it was Yeah, it was complicated that the girls were all together, like united this whole episode. We had to be yeah, yeah, and they like stood in a line and fired off. I love how it was blocked him sitting and had one one at a time going off on him, and he gave his reasoning like not good enough, right, and so he switched his position. But it was I just can't believe like we dealt with that like something as current that way.
Speaker 1: It was very current. It was very fresh. Two fair We do like Shooting Star next episode, so.
Speaker 2: Right, but the same though as me because it's felt really of all the crazy shit we do. It felt really surprising and then it also felt crazy. Jacob is his incredible performance of Bobby Brown. He switches the Brown unbelievable and does like he's just a phenomenal dancer. He's it's a great performance, Like more Jacob all the time. But then it cuts to Artie saying like, allegedly Bobby got me hooked on crack.
Speaker 1: And I was like, what is happening.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe, Like it really felt like Kid's House, but it's not true.
Speaker 1: Like the point was he was doing it to correct himself from Chris, and yet he still kind of made a mistake. It's funny, you know, You're like, but I see what you did there. But yeah, I just didn't know how to take it.
Speaker 2: I was like, can I laugh at these things? Like, I don't know, I know totally. They were pretty funny. Though.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we did it. I'm glad there was talk of it. It just it's very Ryan. It's very nip tuck ish, like where everything in pop culture pops up in the show. For us, it's usually the music, but like, we're kind of these are our people, and so I think it's like you have to talk and we kind of These kids are up on their social media and they know what's up.
Speaker 2: And they also do it. That happened in the same way in Feuds, where they talked about the Elton and Madonna feud, and they prefaced it with they resolved it. Here's what it was about, where they give you sort of a well balanced, contextual conversation about it, where they very much felt like that It wasn't necessarily anybody taking one side, right, but it was about, well, here's why we feel like this, and here's why you feel like this. So it's a little bit down the middle of.
Speaker 1: It for sure.
Speaker 2: And then we get to Jenna's favorite band of all time, Abbo.
Speaker 1: I was grimacing doing this number because I do I do not like Abba. I did not like Abba. There's something that happened about six months to a year ago where I an Abba song would come on somewhere and I'd be like, well, that's actually pretty good. Why is that good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I feel like you have artists like that that have hit you like that too, and in ways Abba has hit me like that. And I hated it. I really hated it. I kind of loved to hate it, you know. Doing this number was we made so much fun of like the whole thing, like we were just having fun with it. I did my like Vegas shogar arms. This number was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And I remember, do you remember us watching the video like we were trying to sort of imitate the real video of this.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean we looked it, but but I don't hate it, and I kind of like it, and I'm kind of a fan.
Speaker 2: I loved how so the two numbers on stage we sort of glossed over waiting it before you go go, But to bring these two numbers together that happened on the stage, and we're the big performances and like wake me up before you go go switched into the full eighties music video editing squares and the close ups of like John on the drums, and you had us in these crazy costumes and then for Abba having it paired with you know, the three of them in New York doing it with their boyfriend and girlfriend pillows. So then you had all of us being insane and Eric allowing all of us to do the most insane options. Because there's always like as an actor, you have like how big do you want me to go? How insane do you want me to go? And for this number, it was pick the craziest choice go. I mean you had a bell, I had a bell, I stuck my face into Becca's boobs.
Speaker 1: It was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I forgot to mention that during Spice Girls, Artie's fascination and obsession with Kitty is also happening. Weird scene where he doesn't know what to say. I thought was was, really, it's funny, it's so awkward. Everyone was very fun episodes. So it starts, Yes, it's it is very funny. Didn't it feel like the past couple episodes everyone has hit their stride in a way. Yes, I like the writing has all the new kids have and the old kids have, where everyone has settled and feels comfortable.
Speaker 1: Kids has hit his stride. Yes, it feels really good.
Speaker 2: And Mom and me have felt like a really good like summation and culmination of all of that. And I went from being just like you where I hated filming this number. I liked being insane. And I remember my mom watched this with me and she's like I was there. I was like, yeah, I remember we had people in the audience watching, oh funny, and it felt insane, and I remember us being extra insane performing for people in the audience.
Speaker 1: We looked insane. The costumes were crazy. It was shot very similar to the video Araba.
Speaker 2: It took a summer in Europe hearing Abba out and I'm fully reformed it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've seen I've found the light. I've seen the light. I've come around.
Speaker 2: We were both late to the party, but it's better late than ever. I get it and I love this number. I wish it was twice as long. I agree, I loved I loved watching this. I might watch it again after we after we get off a few well to us, cudis to Eric, Yeah, no, I'm kidding, it's not. It was nothing to do with us, but it was a really fun number. Also, we forgot to talk about Tina's Guilty Pleasure Vicky the Roebuck girl. Okay, who didn't know what that was? I didn't think you did, but you committed and I loved it. And I also loved Kitty being like, I can't you hit my limit? Yeah? Like you don't know the Bobby Brown stuff, but you know this reference?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Jake's like, hey, Vicky, Yeah, so that is the Guilty Pleasure episode. Again, it's very one off, it's very in slur we it's it's funny, it had its moments.
Speaker 2: And Guilty Pleasure. What song would be your guilty pleasure or movie like you.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I really, I don't actually have to think about it. Titanic, I don't know if that's a guilty pleasure or not at this point. But a walk to Remember, Oh yeah, Adam Shankman, Yeah, those are the kind of movies like bring it On, like these cult classics from like the nineties.
Speaker 2: What a good part of Fondou for two. Speaking of which, the battling over the bringing sequels.
Speaker 1: That was Heather that came out of that character to that that in that scene that.
Speaker 2: Also felt like very jess Meyer battling over the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. She's like, no, you can't even like you can't like that one.
Speaker 2: Oh god, really funny writing this episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, clever, let's create some performances, okay, waiting meet before you go go. Honestly, the performance that was edited, I thought it was great. I think it was like an A copa comana A A against all odds, B plus B plus I want to be A plus A plus my prerogative A A creep here Oh wow, okay, great.
Speaker 2: Sold you sold me? Just they don't like the song. I think the performance of it was really great. Okay, Mom, and miya, it's my guilty pleasure now honestly, I know, Yes, it has become like you can nerd out about it. The albums were mixed, so they basically invented modern pop music. They did, and it's it's a outstanding but we wouldn't have Max Martin. And without Max Martin, we have nothing.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have no idea. You have an idea, but you have no idea, you know. Okay, Chartie takes cringe moments. There's a few cringe moments. Yeah, the Chris Brown was like half cringe e And I'm yet still surprised by it. I think is the word that I use.
Speaker 2: Yes, Brittany calling unique Mercedes. I'm conflicted because it is funny, funny but also feels.
Speaker 1: It's a little racist, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: And like also referring to the Black one about the Spice Girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a few jokes in here, maybe a few too many.
Speaker 2: Dance move I mean, oh god, actually this is hard. My prerogative is definitely up there, like real dance movie, yes, yeah, but like spicel Mia, Spice Girls is they're all really good? Yeah, have some really good things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Best song wanna be for me?
Speaker 1: Sure, Mamma Mia for me. The best performance by a prop, I mean the macaroni.
Speaker 2: The macaroni.
Speaker 1: Like the Ama Stone. It's really something. It just tickles me. It really really just gets me. The Tubbington's Scientology book as well gets me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Best line. Sam Money makes a joke to Tina about rubbing Wintman on the chest and Tina saying that was a phase is a funny one.
Speaker 2: I think that that might be it. But there's some there's so many great moments in this episode. Santana says, I don't think you need all these beauty products, Rachel, because they're not having the desired effect, and this your goal is to look like a reject from the Shaws of sense.
Speaker 1: They also make a duck dinisty a joke in this one, which definitely ages us, But I, yeah, I thought that was funny because we love Dug.
Speaker 2: I loved Dug Dynasty when it was on. That's like Sam being like, you get your guilty pleasure is me. I mean, I've known all year and you know, frankly, I'm an attractive guy and you're into dudes. And if you weren't into me, I'd probably be pretty offended. Oh actually, right after that, he says they're hugging, and it's this beautiful moment where Sam gets this look on his face and goes, dude, please tell me that is only a pack of life Savers in your podcast, and he's like, oh, so good comedy. I love stupid comedy performance.
Speaker 1: M VP.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's hard.
Speaker 1: This is a hard one. This is hard because it was a very much on our McKinley end. It was very much a group effort, it really was. I think I think Cord had some breakout moments. Yes, I think Leah Yes was very good in New York, as was all of them in New York were great. Yeah, all of them in New York were great.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I.
Speaker 1: Know you've honorable mentioned to Cord and Leah. Okay, we'll just split it between them, Okay, fair enough. Jennifer shuit we on a TikTok. Jess wells.
Speaker 2: Sitting at a bar and says, drastically changing the vibe of any bar I enter by immediately queuing up Glee on the Touch Tunes Amber's version of Buster Windows, and she's looking guilty but also very satisfied and I love that. That's a real one, right there, a real fan. I appreciate it. We appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We appreciate that. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I love that so much. Responsibility. There's one of those at a bar. I have one of flaming saddles in New York and it's a great time.
Speaker 1: Well, that is Guilty Pleasures, and next episode is that episode.
Speaker 2: I'm a little.
Speaker 1: Scared you should be. Well, hopefully you'll join us for a very yeah, tough conversation. But thanks for joining us for Guilty Pleasures. Write in tell us what your guilty pleasure is if it has done anything to do with Clee.
Speaker 2: It feels like we've had too much fun and now it's going to get really serious. Yeah you know so up okay, buckle up, here we go. Thanks for joining us, and that's what you really missed. Hey, thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.