Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the best of Cavino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every day.
Speaker 1: From five to seven pm the eastern to four pacifics on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Cabino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on.
Speaker 3: The iHeartRadio app by surging fs off.
Speaker 1: Hopefull your favorite players are still on your team.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to be here. I thought Fox Sports Radio is gonna trade me.
Speaker 1: Yesterday for who for players to be named later.
Speaker 2: We tried, we tried. We couldn't get Adam Shine.
Speaker 4: Beans, Yeah, exact, Adam Shine denied it. Adam I don't want to work with that big head of buffood. We're Cavino and Rich on Fox Radio, and I hope you're having a George Lombard Junior sort of day. I'll explain why we got some stuff to talk about. You don't know who it is.
Speaker 1: You will after tonight CNR on FSR with Danny g and we'd be rocking out. Let's go Iowa. Sam is here at dan Byers here. Thank you guys for stopping bias. Good to be back on the East Cool. I'm sorry, West Side. I'm back from the East coast, and it's good to be here.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: My flight was delayed like two hours yesterday. Of course it was so time you get happy just to be here home and safe. What time you get in after one am? Like you touched down at one or you were in bed by one. No, I was in bed like two am. Only person up was nobody, just my dog happy to see me when I got home.
Speaker 3: And that's it. When I say my dog, it was big poppy.
Speaker 1: Yoh gay. Good to see you anyway, by the way, and rich and we have trivia today and prizes and things to get. It's a fair question, but I was sam because landing versus when you actually get to your house, especially in the big city like LA or New York or Chicago or Miami or Dallas. Like you, it's not like, oh, I landed at one, was in bed fifteen minutes later you could land, I would saying at lax at one. You can land and then taxi for like twenty minutes, and then all of a sudden you're like, I'm I'm in bed by two forty, So yeah, your.
Speaker 6: Your bag doesn't show up for another thirty minutes. You take a shuttle back. That's thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Not to have a cliche conversation own, but lax is lame, miserable because then you got to you got to get to another parking lot just to get your Uber, and you have to take a shuttle, an excursion, go to shuttle. It's an excursion like matt vestcursion. You could get the Uber from your gate, but it's double the price and you have to do what Uber black.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a nightmare. So anyway, I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 2: You're here.
Speaker 1: I was on the East coast yesterday, back on the West side, bought those locals forever. Let's get into it. So, yeah, trade deadline was brutal yesterday.
Speaker 3: Moves were made. Liquidation sale, everything must.
Speaker 1: Go sale for your Mets Rich and my Yankees didn't get the pieces they need, but some big moves were made about one of the guys. One of the guys you got, dude, I'll tell you what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Hit a whole on.
Speaker 1: Everybody's talking about. They need a right handed hitting catcher and they needed bullpen work. They got two. They got two bats that don't fit anywhere. They got three first basement now three first basemen you're complaining about a new guy in your team. Go ahead, home run. That's the story. You know what I'm doing, reporting the story. Make your own story. That is the story. That is the story. The Yankees needed parts, they didn't get them. But you know what they did. They sent down a few people and they're bringing people up. And I'll explain it later on a right, because we have things to get to. Speaking of baseball, a guy that your Mets got rid of but a while ago.
Speaker 3: PCA still hurts PCA.
Speaker 1: Big time Mets prospect goes to the Cubs, becomes a superstar.
Speaker 2: He's in the news for something.
Speaker 1: Silly prospects stink one out of one hundred pan out to be an All Star, maybe maybe even one out of five hundred, and it just so happens. Of course, it would be the one Met prospect they gave up. Remember all the other untouchables, like you call Vientos or Mady or you know this guy that they're all untouchable. But they's quick too. I saw around the bases in like nine seconds. Dude's got all the skills in the world. I don't know how you pass on. He is your in the National League right now. Danny g Behind Show. Hey, Tony Pca is number two in the MVP race according to Las Vegas right now.
Speaker 2: But maybe he's a whack adoodle.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it, because before we get into last one standing and George Lombard Junior, who's that catching strays some NBA kd's in the news. Before we get to all that, let's talk a little baseball and he trade deadline thoughts. Be sure to call us at eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox. But Pca said something ridiculous recently, and maybe he just felt the giddiness of hanging out with a hotty like Kristen Cavaliery, who we've hung out with. By the way, let's just say we had a few tickle fights.
Speaker 2: It is not true.
Speaker 1: Well that night, we did tickle fights in my memory and in mine, in my mind, tickle fights.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you a ten second story.
Speaker 1: Back in the two thousands, when she was on the hills, Kavino and I were hanging out with her and some of her pals, probably in like a VIP section, and for some reason the girl Covino was dating at that time, I think.
Speaker 2: Rich and I snuck in. I think I forgot how to have it.
Speaker 1: The girl Kavino was dating at the time was so mad, like who you hanging with?
Speaker 2: And there was a picture of us for Kristin Cavalieri.
Speaker 1: So the whole joke became, oh, look at Cavino late nights with Cavaliery. I think she said, what are you doing having all nighters or Kristin Cavalier And that came an inside joke for years, like what are you doing.
Speaker 2: All night late night parties with Kristin Cavalier?
Speaker 1: Those pictures exist, man, twenty years later, she's podcasting and killing it.
Speaker 2: So good for her.
Speaker 1: You know what, that picture didn't mean a whole lot, and now it does because you're right, she's a big deal now and she's hanging out with PCI. I think she's doing a bunch of brand deals with like Bryce Harper and PCA. She's got this baseball jewelry line thing going on, but she also has a very popular podcast, and she's talking to PCA, who could have been a big time met star but instead is a big time Chicago right next to Wan Soto in the outfield. But that's in a different multiverse. She says something about like do you have any conspiracies you bynte something along those lines.
Speaker 3: You know what, look was that her or you? I'll spare you and you could hear the clip.
Speaker 2: What's an unpopular opinion that you have?
Speaker 3: I'll stop it saying I called your impression was so good?
Speaker 2: Actually was pretty wild.
Speaker 3: What's an unpopular openny?
Speaker 2: What's not that?
Speaker 7: Yoap?
Speaker 1: Maybe on our standard belave that's mouse Krista Cavalleary. I'd never make fun of her in front of her face and she's talking to pc A Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: What's an unpopular opinion that you have?
Speaker 8: This is going to be crazy. Babe Ruth never existed?
Speaker 2: Is one that I love, really never existed.
Speaker 8: I heard some picture with the Mariners.
Speaker 2: Uh, what's his name? Salsado? You remember him? Palsado? Yeah, left.
Speaker 8: I think he did some podcast on Zoom when he was like going down the rabbit hole with somebody about how Babe Ruth never existed.
Speaker 3: I was like, dude, that's awesome, funny.
Speaker 2: They're gonna double down right now.
Speaker 8: It's like we always talk about how like the games evolving, and people might as well have been like underhanding the ball to that guy, and and he's regarded still as one of the best players ever, and you might as well dive further into it and be like, well, maybe he just never exists.
Speaker 2: I love that. And here's the funniest thing.
Speaker 1: You hear the lighthearted, silly in that conversation, and all the headlines are like, PCA doesn't believe Babe Ruth existed.
Speaker 2: Well, you're right.
Speaker 1: You have to keep this in mind. He was asked the question a comedic podcast, right, So I mean if someone asked me that question, I'd be like, oh, I haven't bigfoot maybe, And if you were popular, headline would be like, cou you know, he was a bigfoot guy bigfoot. It's like, wait, hold on, I always asked the stupid question. I gave a stupid answer, and that's kind of what happened. But he does deflect instead of just owning it. He's like, yeah, you know, like Salsado of the Mariners said, it's like, no, you're saying it now, and everyone's running with the story.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If it was going to be a Babe Ruth conspiracy, it's not that he never existed. I would say there's a big conspiracy on how white he really is. There's a lot of people that say, yo, look at him. I think he's black. There's a lot of black people that take ownership of Babe Ruth and they're like, nah, he was blackby man. They just tried to cover he was mixed. He was mixed, and they're like taking ownership of the babe. I've seen that one surface a lot, and I don't think there's any conspiracy about Well, the most common Babe conspiracy was whether or not he called his shot called the shot. I never heard whether or not he existed, never existed? You know, is he bigfoot? Is he is he thinking of like the Mighty Casey.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he's thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you of all the conspiracies you hear people say yeah, And we've had Jesse Ventura on our show when he's not living down in the Bah talk about the Denver Airport and you know Area fifty one and all this crazy and there's a lot of strange imagery at the Denver Airport. Well, whether or not you buy into some things.
Speaker 2: You remember that mural there with like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's like that terrible, horrible mural that they have and evil Bronco on the front. I know, I wonder, are there conspiracies that you, no matter what, are Like, how dumb could one be to believe that, oh, flat earth is the dumbest? Well, right, I don't think it's dumbest. I think it's the dumbest of the dumb, the dumbest of the dumber than that. There are people that believe planes didn't hit the towers on nine to eleven. Oh, that planes didn't hit there's what was it? Cgi? No, No, people think it was like the planes never hit. It's a you fell for Like, yeah, it was bombs and you fell for a trickery and it was say fake videos. Yeah there was pentagon. I might buy into that because you never saw clear footage. Right, you're right, and like the way the whole like there was a hole there and not a whole lot of debris. There are a ton of flat earthers in the world of sports, right, we learned that. Look, let's just preface this conversation by saying, conspiracies are fun sometimes, you know, it's fun to speculate. I find them to be interesting. I'm sorry, interesting per se. But I don't believe them per se. But I do find them interesting. I find them interesting. Good impression, right if you know, you know? But is there one more dumb than Babe Ruth didn't exist?
Speaker 2: Let me think about this.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you believe I think if you would have asked people if you were a survey says Steve Harvey, family feud style, what's a conspiracy out there? I think the number one answer it's something we just celebrated the anniversary of.
Speaker 2: There are people that genuinely.
Speaker 1: Believe we never landed on the moon and it was a Hollywood production because we were in a space race with ruckb Pace. Maybe fun up front tier, but it's made in the Hollywood basement. It's Californication. Dude, Yeah, it's made up. I do wonder is that the most popular one. There's a lot of you know, not to bring it back, but a lot of sports ones that I do find interesting, like the whole cal Ripken one for sure, Kevin Costner cal Ripkin's story. I firmly believe of the frozen envelope for the Knicks with Patrick Ewing, that's what I believe.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that one. I believe it's a good one, but I don't believe it.
Speaker 6: There are people that don't think we can even get into outer space like that, if you were to go into outer space, you'd be hit by like flying debris of satellites in space junk. There's people who think we can't even or they're like a belt of rocks magnetic fields. There's people that think we can't even get into outer space. Interesting.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll give you one and a sports lady really mean it. You said space junk, I mean this one, and leave Luke Skywalker's junk out of it.
Speaker 2: I mean this.
Speaker 1: You always hear the legend, you know, since this started with Babe Ruth and whether he existed, I get it. He played with weaker competition, but he's still a man amongst boys.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 6: Sorry, did FDR ever exists? Did Abraham Lincoln ever exists?
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just gonna doubt that because there's not physical evidence Babe Ruth existed in underground need proof? Right, here's the here's where we don't have proof. Kevina believes Abe Lincoln hunted vampires.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 1: I think he was a vampire slayer. There's the legendary story of New York Yankee Mickey Mantle and they say he almost hit one out of the stadium, like he hit the caram the facade? Where's the proof? I know not everything was documented, not everybody filmed, Like, where is the proof of that? Like out of Yankee Stadium? What's the dimensions of out of Yankee Stadium? I saw Hernandez it went out of Rigley yesterday. That's been done. We get it out of Yankee Stadium. That's gotta be like a six hundred plus foot shot.
Speaker 2: I call boloney on that.
Speaker 1: I think that's just like folklore, Like I'll tell you the make I saw the making almost had one out of here. I guess datam I tell you it's like, really, where's the footage? Where's the proof? I don't buy that, but I always hear that story. But I do love the fact that all over social media today people are like seriously printing the headline PCA does not believe Babe Ruth existed. And Pete crow Armstrong was on a podcast and was having a funny conversation, laughing the whole time with Kristen Cavaliery, goofing around and just to show you how social media will take something and text means nothing.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty six, Rich why don't you tell everybody what you told me?
Speaker 1: Oh Rich doesn't believe in the New York Football Giants, but he actually believes that the giants existed in real life. You know who convinced me of this ty shirt? Who's the producer for the Odd Couple? He thinks that he sudden telling me about stems. Like there's archaeologists that come and they like hide these things to not mess with what we believe to be true. Like Rich believes that giants existed, and.
Speaker 9: There's Bible stories some of the giants were swept away with the flood.
Speaker 1: And not only like all over the world and makes it like makes you question. It makes you a question because there's so many different stories from around the world to say the same thing.
Speaker 3: So you're like, wait, how could they don't have the same story.
Speaker 1: Somehow we have dinosaur bones from three hundred million years ago, but we don't have these giant bones because they were taken.
Speaker 2: Away by archaeologists.
Speaker 3: You don't think you ever?
Speaker 1: Do you think conspiracy I Sam, Do you think there was ever a completely sophisticated society thousands of years ago that just went it like got eliminated or do you think we are as advance as as the human rates have been.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but you.
Speaker 1: Don't think you don't think we could have there could have been a civil civilization that was wiped away?
Speaker 2: Do you believe it like Atlantis?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, I like you don't believe Atlantis? Well, I mean, like what are you talking about like certain like like Egyptian societies where they had, like Roman, they had running water and.
Speaker 2: Toilets and stuff.
Speaker 6: Do you think there was a sustety that's about his advance as it gets aqueducts. Aqueducts is running water, Okay, we didn't have we didn't have like.
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't know about this story of mythology. Do you believe that it doesn't have to be all sports related? I'll give you they're all sort of coming to mind for me. Do you believe that Nolan Ryan really threw one hundred and eight miles per hour?
Speaker 2: Is that just the legend?
Speaker 1: And when the legend becomes fact print the legend, it's like, yeah, we want to believe, Like, yeah, I'll tell you what, man, these guys the mizz Yeah he thos heat, but Nolan Ryan, yeah strong texting through heat. But one hundred and eight I don't know about that. I don't I don't necessarily that, and I understand where the thinking comes from. They say the radar gun would measures it from a different standpoint in today's game. So they're saying, based on today's measurements from out of the hand, it would be one hundred and eight miles per hour.
Speaker 3: They used to use the radar. From the catcher's perspective.
Speaker 9: Rich an artist you play on Pop two, k Avril Levine, she died.
Speaker 3: That was a big one that Paul McCartney sort of a legend that they.
Speaker 1: Replaced her with a lookalike, a clone Melissa Vandella.
Speaker 2: You know, Sam, I got one for you, since you are such a skeptic.
Speaker 6: You skeptic of ridiculous ideas. Do you believe they're fun?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're kind of here.
Speaker 3: You don't think they're fun. I do mean sure fun.
Speaker 2: I guess all right.
Speaker 1: You're pretty sure that there was never like some type of human looking, huge giant species like any time in the history.
Speaker 2: I'm completely that never happens. Sam.
Speaker 1: You will be lucky enough to get You'll be lucky enough to get a little blip of one hundred years on this planet, and you're so certain that you know everything that happened for billions of years.
Speaker 6: But like we've found you're so certain we've found the bones of animals that existed hundreds of millions.
Speaker 3: Of years ago below the ocean. You have no clothes below the ocean.
Speaker 6: Why would we find human bones from like fifty thousand years ago.
Speaker 1: Maybe they were huge, Maybe there's some of their kids. First of all, we ate we're eating more protein now than we ever have. That's why people get bigger. People were small, They were like of a smaller stature because protein was just harder to come by.
Speaker 6: You'd have to go hunting or gathering. So there's like there's like evolutionary reasons why these things are just completely rolled out.
Speaker 1: Do you do you know the fun fact that George Washington, is it George Washing or Abe Lincoln never knew that, uh, George Washing never knew that dinosaurs existed.
Speaker 2: Well, sure, they didn't start discovering these things until more So.
Speaker 1: Here's my question, you, Danny J. Dan Bayer, all our kids have little dinosaur toys. You realize that that's just like someone's guess of what they look like. Yeah, of course feathers, like colors, anything like. You don't know what's it called. There's a theory for it. It's like like when you suck the air out of a storage bag. Right, it's like shrink. It's called there's a shrinking word for it. We only depict the animals like as if they have no muscle tone underneath their fat. Right, so we basically put skin over the outline of their skeleton, assuming that's how they appeared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to take some creative liberties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's no proof whatsoever that that's what they looked like, whether or not they had feathers, what color they were, what they sounded like, and again, how much muscle or fat they had over the bones that we found. We find the skeleton, we throw the skin on them, and we think they're big giant lizards when they're probably closer to birds.
Speaker 2: None of us.
Speaker 1: So, look, we don't know that's the truth. But when it comes to conspiracies, is there anything more dumb than Babe Ruth didn't exist?
Speaker 2: That's a pretty dumb one.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 10: I just recently saw and I don't know if it was the Miriam Webster Dictionary Twitter handle that said that the t rex is closer to six seven.
Speaker 2: Being a thing than it was roaming the.
Speaker 10: Earth with the stegosaurus, meaning the stegosaurus was, you know, in millions of millions of years older than when the t rex came along.
Speaker 1: Man, have you've got little kids and they're playble all other different dinosaurs toys. All those dinosaurs lived like we are. We live closer.
Speaker 2: Cavino's got something no live.
Speaker 1: Closer to like a t rex, rex to like a brontosaurus. Right, and we lump them all together. But the way we depict them is identified as shrink wrapping, and that implies it's an outdated paleo art and scientific error where extinct animals are illustrated with the skin pulled tautly directly over their skeleton. But for all we know, they could have been built like hippopotami, you know what I mean, Like they could have layers of blubber and fat or muscle that we never account it for. We just slapped some green skin over their skeletons, said, yep, they look like. That's so inaccurate because any like you find any animal skeleton, if you found a hipposkeleton and you just put skin on top of it, it would look nothing yep, like it looks in real life. So it's called it's the shrimp shrink wrapping error that artists created that we just roll with.
Speaker 11: Dan.
Speaker 6: Dan mentioned t Rex and six seven, and all I thought of was this six seven.
Speaker 3: Little baby arms Wes and Vegas hits is of it?
Speaker 1: He goes ask guy, was Sam if he believes dragons allah like Game of Thrones, like flying dragons existed.
Speaker 2: No? No, but you're still certain. Huh.
Speaker 6: I'm certain because there's no animal that's ever existed that has the ability to breathe fire. We have animals that have bioluminescence, that have like naturally glowing parts of their bodies. Whiting bugs, blightning bugs are good ones, certain types of fish species. I always think dragons every wagons are just everyone something that created by humans.
Speaker 3: One of these is every.
Speaker 1: One of these silly conversations about conspiracies. It's always foun to have a skeptic like you, because anytime Cavino brings up aliens, our buddy Mauser in Cincinnati is the first to be like shutting down.
Speaker 2: A Cavino alien story.
Speaker 6: I'm more trying to support that kind of conversation than like dragons.
Speaker 1: I think that's it's more absurd to think they don't exist than do exist, because you know, you mean to tell me, in this vast universe, what's more likely that they do exist or that they don't. That to me, to say they don't is more absurd. How about this, This is sort of like a recent conspiracy involving animals, since you brought up dinosaurs and everything. Do you ever hear the conspiracy that pandas were like man made like they were like bread to be pandas, to be lazy and to eat bamboo mandas pandas because there's no depiction of a panda before the nineteenth century and any ancient art. So they of all the ancient art and all the animals that are depicted, there's never a depiction of the panda before the late nineteenth century.
Speaker 2: Maybe they are they're just very private. No, and Chinese depicted every animal.
Speaker 1: They even depicted the When did pandas start doing pandas?
Speaker 2: When did they start doing kung fu?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 1: That was in the year the twentieth century. Okay, yeah, so I don't know. It's just a fun conspiracy there. But Babe Ruth didn't exist and as time goes on, stupid things like that will become more of a real conspiracy. But it's like, hey, we got pictures and we got proof and they're like, yeah, well, how do we know that's not AI old timer? And you're like, oh, because we we know, but you know, and these things get convoluted and probably confusing as time goes on.
Speaker 6: There was like a generation of people who were alive up until recently who like saw him play, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because they knew him.
Speaker 1: As time goes on, that story is just as real as minosaurs to us.
Speaker 6: That's why history books are important, like actually the actual recording of history.
Speaker 2: They're doing.
Speaker 1: They're slicing them and they're putting them through machines, they're skinning them.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and then they're throwing them away and.
Speaker 1: Eventually them and eventually and eventually we'll all live in a silo and the pass will be a race, right Dan, And by the way, that's.
Speaker 2: Not a conspiracy. There's rich for Apple TV playing the apes.
Speaker 3: I'll give you another one that I don't buy. I don't buy it at all.
Speaker 1: And we tell these stories that the Ripkins and Kevin Costner's and the game Street.
Speaker 2: You do you believe that Michael Jordan one though, was the Michael Jordan. I believe Michael Jordan that.
Speaker 9: He was serving a secret band, Yeah, for gambling. I do believe that that's why he was playing bass, But I.
Speaker 2: Don't believe that.
Speaker 1: I think the Bully Bogs drank eighty three beers in one sitting. I'm sorry you can't stand What.
Speaker 2: About the.
Speaker 1: Rumor that Andre the Giant had a sixteen second fart on the set of Princess. To believe that because I've had a scart, Yeah, after some ice cream and some beans. He's such a large man. Tests are bigger. Was it the late Rob Ryer or someone that said it was like? It was the most he said? Son is like, yeah, So anyway, it's a sore spot kept me up all last night. For Coe's birthday, somebody got him one of those Minion's fart guns. Oh really for hours? Yeah, for hours. Conspiracies that are dumber than Babe Ruth didn't exist.
Speaker 2: It's dumb.
Speaker 3: Now, it's a fun story.
Speaker 1: Your don Jordan Alvarez. You know how under the radar this guy has been this season. Everyone's talking about you know, so tany gonna have another MVP or his PCA gonna catch him. And there's so many people were talking about the world of Major League Baseball, But do you see what Alvarez is doing stat wise?
Speaker 2: I mean, he'd been leading the league in home runs most of the year.
Speaker 1: Have you heard one person talk about how right now he has the triple crown?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I have now, no, not a But we're talking about that guy.
Speaker 1: If you're the guy on radio, and I'm the guy that people wait to say these Hey, four hundred affiliates, how are you guys doing?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I guess I am the guy. Who are you waiting for? I can shine Alvarez? Unbelievable. It's not getting any credible crown, because, yes, unbelievable.
Speaker 9: He was talking about it yesterday something. You know, we told you the trade didn't work out.
Speaker 2: We tried to trade you for I got shut down.
Speaker 1: Ever since I heard the trade was shut down, I feel the pressure to be more like Adam Shine, Matt dog Russa rejected Matt dog Russo and Serious Sex that rejected the trade.
Speaker 2: They said they don't want you.
Speaker 1: And by the way, we're friends with Adam Shine. So I don't want people thinking, man, they're really starting beef. I mean, if you want to think that, go right ahead. You want to start beef with Adam Shot, No, man, I A'm beefing with that. Imagine he has like a mean side to him.
Speaker 2: Oh this is war on man. Put up your dukes, let's go.
Speaker 1: I saw a daunting stat, but it is the way baseball is played nowadays. Not to sound like an old head, but there are currently six players in Major League Baseball batting over three hundred. You heard me right, in all of Major League Baseball, in all of Major League baseball, Danny, do I need your repete that No. Six in all of major League baseball and far above everyone else. Well, arise, who's now with the Phillies betting three twenty four? But you're Don Alvarez. Guy's bett in three point thirty with thirty five home runs and eighty four RBI. And I have not heard a peep about how this guy's having a season among seasons where everyone else is just sort of playing good baseball.
Speaker 2: There's no one close to sort of putting up the numbers he's putting up.
Speaker 1: Schwarber's got thirty three bombs as far as RBI go, Yeah, abrams at Washington. A couple of guys in the National League have eighty something RBIs, but in the in the American League, Alvarez is currently your triple crown leader.
Speaker 2: And that's not talking.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about Taylor Trammel today. Do you see what that bonehead did? Yeah, on the astro. You've never seen that before. It is so funny if you haven't seen it, I have unbelievable Taylor Tramon yea all the way around to home. So, yes, he thinks he hits a home run yesterday, and you know, he stares at it, majestic bomb.
Speaker 2: He trots around the bases.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Miles Strong of the Blue Jays at the wall, caught it at the wall, really nice catch, but caught it at the wall against the wall. Maybe his maybe his like vision in that moment, like he lost the ball and something I don't know, like that.
Speaker 9: Might be one of the outfielder kind of runs away quickly with the ball. So if you weren't paying close attention, you know what I mean, you don't, He thinks.
Speaker 1: And he trots the bases and then goes back to the dugout in defeat, like so embarrassed, thinking he hit a home.
Speaker 2: Run with his part in between third and home.
Speaker 1: He does your typical like clap, touch his chest, point up, and God's like it wasn't a homer. More people talking about that than your nol Verus's numbers, to be honest, but I'm just saying, I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: I am the guy.
Speaker 1: If no one's talking about it, I'll be the guy. Props to you, Alvarez, you know, like you know who's supposed to be talking about it.
Speaker 9: You I know, but I'm better than last week. Everybody was talking about that squirrel.
Speaker 1: But no raccoon. Raccoon, Danny, get it right, The squirre they couldn't catch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know, the squirrel they couldn't catch.
Speaker 1: You talk about Jimmy the raccoon, who also got more love than you're and Alvarez. And by the way, Alvarez, is it because I'm conspiracy because he's an Astro? Does the Astros still have this like we don't want to give anyone on that team love?
Speaker 2: Is still a stigma?
Speaker 1: Is there still years later? Like, hey, he's on the Astros, the Astros, that wouldn't be my reasoning. I've I mean, we've brought it up that he's leading the league. As far as triple crown, I was not honestly aware there he was triple crown home runs RBI.
Speaker 2: I knew that.
Speaker 1: Also, keep in mind he was injured most of last year, and then you look back a couple of years before that, it's one of the best hitters.
Speaker 2: In all baseball.
Speaker 1: I think last year him being out most of the season took him out of your mind as far as like, who's some of the best sluggers in the game. So props to Alvarez. Hey, it's Rob Parker and Elvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 12: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox.
Speaker 2: Sports Radio, we are excited to.
Speaker 12: Announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 5: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 12: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR, check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 3: Ooh rock on what is it?
Speaker 2: Sam? Sounds good? It's a Black Crows a conspiracy.
Speaker 1: Ooh ooh, I have a conspiracy about them.
Speaker 2: I don't believe he talks to angels. Prove it. She talks to angels here or she Either way, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: She talks to you, she talks to she She's lying my trout though, Covino, maybe she did talk to Mike my Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been an angel way too long.
Speaker 1: Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio with Danny g and Sam and Dan Byron. Thank you guys for hanging out with us live from LA Live from the Fox Sports Radio studios, and we're streaming live on YouTube live chat, and if you missed the show, you could either watch it or catch it on the podcast. Search at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube to see what you hear now in the world of the NBA, who comes to mind for you as someone that just can't stop social media. They can't stop scrolling, they can't stop.
Speaker 2: Plub We all know you're talking about Kevin Durant.
Speaker 1: Kevin Duranz number one answer on the B And you know what, I saw his really fun interview and sit down with Letterman. I know it's a couple of years ago, but did you ever watch it? One day him and Letterman are playing shuffle by that and they're hanging out like it is a different side of KD. And I believe at that time he was. Was he still with the Nets at the time? Is that how long ago that interview was. I don't remember who he was, but I remember the interview on Netflix if you and they did talk about his social media habits. Katie can't help himself and this is this is the story of when you try to make your point, sometimes people unintentionally catch them strays.
Speaker 2: Would you agree with that happens? It happened with KD.
Speaker 1: But you know what, Klay Thompson is the only one that seemed to take it personally because he sort of threw a few people under the bus in his reply in his tweet, we'll explain.
Speaker 2: Now it was Kevin Durant. Hold on, let me pull it up for you guys, so we have the.
Speaker 9: Exact Yeah, he's sticking up for the fact that he joined the Warriors when he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And in sticking up for himself, he's comparing what he did to Lebron and the Sixers. He say it ain't even close. Joel MVP recently, Jaylen Brown recent finals, MVP Tyrese, Maxey all starred in the last three years. We all know what Bron does. This is from This is from of course, Kevin Durrant not surprising in itself, right there going at Lebron.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going at Lebron in that way, and.
Speaker 1: The first of all Lebron catching a stray because you know, there seems to have always been a mutual respect there. So he's putting that publicly out there. You know, those are his true feelings. It seems someone saying Kevin Durant joined the super team, so by comparing it to the Sixers in Lebron, now he just unintentionally took a shot at Lebron. Then he goes on to say, when I joined the Warriors, Klay Thompson never an MVP candidate in nothing.
Speaker 2: Twenty two points per game average.
Speaker 1: Draymond fourteen points per game, seven rebounds, six or six six assists, Steph and MVP just like Joelle was. I don't get how the Warriors team is better on paper. All the Warriors were already proven to be a winning score on this Clay Trumps said he left out for like.
Speaker 2: Stephan Joel are a fair comparison there, But you know, interesting.
Speaker 1: It's like saying the Dodgers are doing the same thing the Yankees did. They hold up, there is a difference Klay Thompson, but never an MVP candidate in nothing.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to say that.
Speaker 1: So a few people taking strays, but only one. I so responded, that was Klay Thompson. He goes yo, yeah, Clay goes man.
Speaker 11: We good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you good?
Speaker 3: Why you use my full government name again?
Speaker 1: That's public like he could have made his point without bringing everyone else into it.
Speaker 3: So catching strays is what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: And by the way, unnecessary or necessary for Kevin Durant. We'll explore a little more. Plus we'll talk to NFL. We are two days away. Guys, more Covin and Rich next right here, it's a boys standbyers here. Yes, he's the grand puba of last one Standing. We're gonna play later for some prizes. Oh you know what, without for the delay, I totally forgot Danny J. Happy belated birthday to your son CoA.
Speaker 9: Yeah, his actual birthday is tomorrow on the fifth.
Speaker 3: I uh, Kadino and I both sent you a little venmo is that.
Speaker 2: By the way, do you need birthday cards?
Speaker 1: Anymore, or you could be like I Venmo, you.
Speaker 2: Can you do that? Is that fair?
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty six, case she's case, I get Coda a sweet birthday card, a Monopoly themed one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Sam mailed it.
Speaker 1: No, I handed the livery just said, but I have something of you, Dannygehe let me run it in there for you.
Speaker 2: Hold on, what do you got? Oh? Yeah from me?
Speaker 9: Oh that yeah, hopefully it's a gas mask for that Minion spart machine that CoA keeps firing all that.
Speaker 1: So knowing Rich on Fox Sports Radio and again Iowa Sam and Dan Bayer. Here, Danny G's opening up a gift from us to him and his son for his son's birthday, and I son CoA has turned three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay for you to open it, Danny.
Speaker 1: I thought this would be something special for you based on your your day the other day. You said you took your son to his first Dodgers game.
Speaker 2: That nice rapping, Oh very cool.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, So we printed out your son holding up his Dodgers phone faker and you and him walking into Dodgers Stadium for the first time together. I figure that that's definitely on the Danny G desk at.
Speaker 2: Home or so. Yeah, that is going on the mantle. He's getting spot take a look at that beautiful picture spot on the one show.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you guys. First of all, it don't sound anything like that, but I figure you don't do that. Awesome you're a Dodgers fan, you know, enjoy buddy. You know we don't do enough of I will say.
Speaker 1: What pizza time here on Fox Sports Radio. We should bring some pizza in this because we have so many and it's the truth. Everyone, look at your phone right now. How many pictures do you have in your phone? Apparently right now ten.
Speaker 2: Twenty fifty million. You know how many pictures do you have?
Speaker 9: I think I have like twenty thousand pictures dating back to twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Fifty thousand items in my live But you know what we don't do anymore, Danny, pretty much, we don't print things out and put them.
Speaker 2: In the frame. I try to do that once or twice a year using that company Shutterfly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you go to CBS, you go to Walgreens where or you could go to a nicer print shop. But the reality is we have all these beautiful family photos, moments that ball games are a big fight night and they just live in your phone, which is fine, but I think every so often you got to remind yourself print a couple photos out, think of how your momm used to do that, the photo albums and everything. Man, mostly polaroids and they're all cracking and that film falling out of the photo albums with the old photo albums, old krusty photo albums. Anyway, Happy Birthday tomorrow. But they celebrated this weekend Takoa. I was on the East Coast, so I couldn't make it the Chuck E Cheese. If it was at Showbiz Pizza place, Danny G.
Speaker 2: I would have been there. You would have flew back. Yeah, man, Chuck E Cheese.
Speaker 1: Nah. But anyway, Cavino raves and I know we have a lot of East Coast affiliates show Biz Pizza. I've never heard someone talk more about a place that.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: I was a huge fan of the band Rock of Fire Explosion one of my first albums, but just the arcade and the pizza, it was the in my opinion, original o G.
Speaker 2: Chucky Cheese and then Chuck.
Speaker 1: E Cheese brought them out, but they had way better animatronics. But anyway, I digest. Now a lot of people hitting us up about conspiracy still on the live chat, which is great. Thanks for all the feedback. By the way, no one brought up show Hey O, Tany and Epe some conspiracy there what really happened? There's still there's still some people that speculate, but the reality.
Speaker 2: The reality is like sometimes a good conspiracy has a.
Speaker 1: Good cover up. And Manny Muno hits us up and he says, who dares say Babe Ruth wasn't real? That would mean the whole Sandlot story would be fake. And we know that's not true. We know the beast was real. But yeah, PCA said if there was a conspiracy, he did exist. The fact that Babe Ruth never existed. So we're still still getting feedback on that. But let's speaking of the Yankees. I thought play connected dots for a second, la.
Speaker 2: La la la, okay, good.
Speaker 1: Connect dots like your p W horn before you Babe Ruth had two daughters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, so like he pro created and then parsularly they pro created.
Speaker 1: It, I would say, because he's like such a mythical guy and what he did was like so legendary. It almost seems fake, like years from now, I could see, like one hundred years from now, I could see that being like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he probably didn't even exist.
Speaker 2: Connected dots for me, but not now. Sam, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: You just said we talked about Pete Kerr Armstrong one of the best players in baseball. In fact, as right now, Vegas has him as second only to show Hey Otani as far as MVP voting goes. Now, like if the season ended today, he'd have the second best dots Mets. Let him slip away. Superstar for the Cubs, who, by the way, are ninety They're gonna be a ninety one team. Cubs could get dangerous in the playoffs. I want to sleep on the Cubs. We said the PCA didn't believe that Babe Ruth existed, and then you joke that The Sandlot wouldn't have been a movie. Well, Manny muonios on our feedback again, we're chatting. You could join the live chat at Covino and rich FSR YouTube. Did you see to tie in the Sandlot? Did you see they finally figured out the name of Travis Kelcey and Taylor Swift's dog not that anyone cares.
Speaker 3: But it ties with Wendy Peppercorn? Is it Big Beast? Not really Wendy?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 1: And because of Travis loved that movie And apparently it's because they joke. One of their little inside jokes is about Wendy Peppercorn. So Travis and Taylor name their dog after the sand Why do you always find a goofy way to bring up Travis and Taylor? You always find we could be talking about anything.
Speaker 2: How did I that?
Speaker 1: Could I connect the leader when it comes to stats, connect my kid at their little the league leader of Taylor Swift references, I want everybody to know I connected the dots better than my kids did on their little place mat at ihop the other morning. Everything is three degrees away from Travis and Taylor in Rich's world. Okay, fair enough, how about this. There's a story. And if you want to chat in by the way about catching strays Kevin Durant's style, that's it's I feel like, don't ever do that unintenchably. Maybe that's the lesson. Just to wrap up that conversation. You might think you're trying to make a point, but if you're hurting someone's feelings, in making your point.
Speaker 3: It's not worth it. They're grown men, they could take it.
Speaker 2: I'm off.
Speaker 1: I don't feel bad for Klay Thompson, who makes a busillion dollars, But this is in regards if he just joined us. In regards to people on social media claiming that Lebron's doing exactly what KD did, Yeah, KD is like, hold up, I did enjoin a team full of MVPs, and then then yeah, Kevin Durant in an attempt to make it seem like Lebron was doing something way different than him. Lay Thompson never an MVP, he was twenty two points per game, and Clay's like, yo.
Speaker 2: Dude, never an MVP of nothing, never a candidate, never an MVP candidate of nothing.
Speaker 1: You know, what do you say that about Clay for and he throws Lebron KD, he throws Draymond green stuff, He throws them all under the bus and.
Speaker 2: Trying to make his point.
Speaker 1: So just through publicly, you don't need to throw everyone under the bus when making a point. No, nope, all right, So moving along, there was a story now this free surface, you know, when the stories on social media and then like years later they resurface. Well, I guess because Burnhal's the Punisher, and you know, maybe that maybe that's why. Maybe that alone, but I feel like this happens every so often where you me or Danny. By the way, on a side note, we've interviewed John Burnhal a bunch of times. Yeah, and he was a big baseball guy, big baseball. He played baseball professionally, I think in Russia was the story he told us. So he was a professional baseball baseball.
Speaker 2: Playing the dome so cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that not exactly like, you know, the best place to play, but he did love the game of baseball.
Speaker 2: And then you know, ended up being an.
Speaker 1: Actor Walking Dead Shane, you know, Punisher, big time actor, and we're all guilty of this one. We'll send a clip to each other and it's like, well, that's a cool clip. I feel like I've seen this because that's the worldly living. Eventually, sometimes these clips resurface, and John Berthall of The Walking Dead Punisher himself said that I don't trust people who take naps. He's like, you're an adult who takes naps. If you take a nap, I don't trust you in business. I don't trust you in life. You're grown up.
Speaker 3: What are you taking a nap view kindergarten.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't trust you.
Speaker 1: And it just got us talking before the showy science doesn't back them up though, And you.
Speaker 2: Know, sometimes the nap is good, Danny g it feels good to take it now, you went.
Speaker 1: When we fill in for Dan Patrick and we're on the streets, is we're going to do that the weekend.
Speaker 3: Next weekend, next week, not this week next week?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When we fill in for Dan Patrick, being that he's on earlier, especially out here in California, it throws off our schedu so hard. Later that day, it's almost guaranteed, George forman guarantee, I guarantee that we're falling asleep or taking a little nag. We'll think about it, if you know, Nat, most of our most of our affiliates are as Danny always points out back, the East Coast and Midwest.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But when we fill in for Dan out here in La that we're up at we're up at four thirty five in the morning, that's six AM. So we're up at the four o'clock hour getting ready to come here and get ready for the show. Can you know you damn right by two in the afternoon, you're not ready, Danny G for a little like you telling Brenda, like you find if I take a half hour nap, taking a two hour nap, so I mean naps.
Speaker 3: That's a question itself. Is it weird for grown.
Speaker 2: Men to take naps?
Speaker 1: I think if your schedule, like I said, if it does, if your schedule's off, you were traveling, your jet lagged, I think sometimes there's just no avoiding it. Yeah, buy Er, if you go Dan Buyer, if you go out golfing and you you are in the heat, eighteen holes, long day on the course, when you get home, would your wife question, can you if you fell asleep taking a nap on the couch?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 10: I think there's a difference between planned naps and one where you just kind of.
Speaker 2: Condo as our parents just say you conked out. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Like, if you're an adult and you have to like revolve your day around your nap time like you're in kindergarten, I think that's weird. Well, you're if you're so exhaust like Danny and Danny G. You both have little guys, they're exhausting. I think you know you might just conk out watching something boring on TV.
Speaker 6: I think little kid napping and adult napping are two different things. Little kids need to nap, not because they have so much energy, but like their their mood will sour closer to bedtime if they don't nap, and adults nap because we're like lacking energy.
Speaker 2: Then you know you might is telling you right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, this article says sleep scientists are not on his side. They consistently find naps improve mood, memory, and productivity.
Speaker 1: You know what's wild about that, Danny g It's like in reality to back up what you're saying there. Most of the time, even if it's like fifteen to twenty minutes, you wake up on totally different like, wow, that's all I needed. I guess It's like turning your iPhone on and off. Yeah, and like the longer you end up sleeping, the more tired you feel. Right, So sometimes you just need that little nap. But John burnhal it makes a funny point, you know, like what kind of adult needs to you know, who I trust adults that nap said that in a bit it was hilarious. As Sebastian Maniscalco, He's like, we grew up in my household. When you were up, you were up. There was no such thing as a nap. Let me tell you. We talked about conspiracy theories earlier in the show. Do we know who invented the eight hour workday? It was Thomas Edison. He just I'm sorry, Jerald Thomas citizen, Henry Ford. I was gonna say, Gerald Ford, not him either. It was Ford who decided to make the factory workday nine to five, not Dolly Parton. She didn't about with that. It was nine to five and Ford just said, let's do that, and that Thomas Edison sang the song right, yeah, no, I Tholly Parton saying this off anyway now you confuse me.
Speaker 10: No, it was Thomas Edison, Gerald Ford and Babe Ruth they started.
Speaker 2: You're confusing me, man, No, it was Henry Ford who said that.
Speaker 1: And if you look it up, the idea of someone saying you need an eight hour not a sleep, that's also a myth. It could range from six to seven for some people, nine for others. So the eight hour you need eight hours sleep that's also a myth.
Speaker 6: Maybe Bernenthal has like outstanding stamina, he only needs to sleep six hours a night. And he doesn't need to nap, doesn't believe it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's wound pretty tight. He seems like he's got a lot of energy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it says his comment is a reflection of his own high energy approach of to work in life.
Speaker 2: A lot of aggressive energy. That dude. Yeah, he's intense. It's got a scowl.
Speaker 1: But based on Burnhal's viral clip that's gone viral again, are there other things that people do that make you not trust them?
Speaker 2: We can shake we made. That's a good one. Trust you. I don't trust that guy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He feels like you're tickling your hand, Like what are you doing? I gotta be honest. Rich is guilty of one of them.
Speaker 1: Because we were talking about it before the show started, you know, sexy Ryan who works here.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: He was like, man, you know what, I don't trust anybody that claims to have never seen Star Wars. And I'm thinking, yeah, Rich never saw I mean I saw it.
Speaker 2: I just thought it stunk.
Speaker 3: He just watched it. He watched like half of it. I watched it like as an adult.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, you know, like to be like an adult and like totally miss out life.
Speaker 2: He's like, I don't trust you. Feel like you were cleaning your kitchen while it was on Rich. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Rich's thought on that was, though, if you've never seen it as a kid, you can't watch it and appreciate it as an adult.
Speaker 2: We can't.
Speaker 1: I missed out, it's true, so like he wasn't really tuned in on it. Big Mike doesn't trust dan Byer.
Speaker 2: Oh why is that?
Speaker 1: Because Big Mike said, whoa, now dan Byers catching strays.
Speaker 2: It all goes guls goes together, Mike.
Speaker 1: Big Mike said, I don't know if I trust someone that when I'm having a drink doesn't ever drink with me. Oh hey, sometimes I have to bow out of that.
Speaker 2: Big Big MIC's I gotta trust someone that doesn't.
Speaker 10: Drink that totally sounds I can because it's so stupid, so dumb.
Speaker 2: Right on brand, I got one too, And no he's trying to be like I'm big Mark out here.
Speaker 10: If you don't if you don't enjoy good whiskey like me when I went on the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky, then you know that's that's all that it is.
Speaker 2: It's complete phony. Like however, Star Wars and whiskey. Yeah, real man, I don't need a nap ill a little bit at six pm anyway. That's funny, man, everyone's catching straight. Iowa.
Speaker 1: Sam's kind of gonna catch one right now, because I really don't if you're if you're thrown up right and there's no social media footprint for you. I find that to be interesting and odd and like, I don't mean, I know, I know, but you're just not on Instagram.
Speaker 3: What guys hang up with?
Speaker 2: Instagram the most popular one, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: If that's your work in media, that's why, Like, if you're a regular, if you're the lawsuit against the children, I'll give you example.
Speaker 6: So you're saying Instagram is found liable. There's all that I have been in my life for corrupting children.
Speaker 1: This was in the news. This was like four months ago. You don't even have children, No corrupting kids who use Instagram. They said that it's a bad, it's bad for people's brains. TikTok is the work, talk's the word. So they're all bad. I'm on Facebook and Twitter, that's where you can find me and LinkedIn. No, actually, I'm just kidding. I respect Sam, and I'll make it. I'll tell you what Spot wants me to make an account just you guys can tag. But if I google your name and you're an adult, right and there's no like sort of you're not easy to find. I can't you're not on social media, like Aaron, what are you hiding, dude? I actually think that's cool. If you have no footprints, I'm telling anything that's not cool. It's weird in today's world because it's like you've never had a job, no one ever wrote about it. If you were double O seven, but you're Sam. You never lived anywhere, like there's no record of you, like that's those are red flags. One people in my life, people i've dated, where you google their name like they're nowhere to be found and it's a license. No, it's it's an indicator. It's indictive of hiding or running from something like yeah, the weird life that they live.
Speaker 2: I'll give.
Speaker 3: I'll you just value private, Sam break, What are.
Speaker 2: You so private about it? I don't know. You don't want you find those phone numbers in address? What are they gonna do?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Nobody wants that? But you also don't have social media.
Speaker 1: There's not one image of you anywhere, like, there's no one of.
Speaker 2: Your name on give me a break.
Speaker 6: Googled Update anchor Steve de Seger, and it was like there was almost nothing on him, like the camera I found, Like.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're talking about a strange God.
Speaker 6: He's been in the business for years and he's so private and I'm like, this is actually kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Then he's in the wrong industry, all right. No, Steve D is just Steve D.
Speaker 1: I think there's it depends how old you, Like I said, it depends Tom cruise private life. There's looks like Tom Cruise and I think, to me, man, it's just I cater the weird life they lived after me.
Speaker 2: The old heads that don't have social.
Speaker 6: Media never did and like they're just tagged like with like a black name instead of the actual tag name.
Speaker 2: I find that to be kind of fascinating.
Speaker 3: And by the way, dude, I know they just don't give a crap.
Speaker 1: I know other people that don't have any sort of social media footprint or you can't find them, and they're shady people. So that's why I'm saying, you know, this is one of the things that proves they can't be trusted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can I'll give you one. I'll give you one more.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to come down on like like maybe even half our audience, So I won't say if you have an Android, I'll allow that.
Speaker 2: I want to say if you have an android on trust, he'll allow that. I want people to let that. I won't.
Speaker 1: I won't come down on you. I won't come down. He says, you know the one person that ruins the group to I'm not going to call you out.
Speaker 2: I'll allow it. I get it.
Speaker 1: Maybe you got a deal or something. You know who I do trust, though rich a Mets fan. Why would they've proven to be loyal? Why would you not, Danny g you know who? I don't trust the person you know and you know how. A lot of times people say you can't date a woman that has more than like multiple cats, like there's a limit where it's like all right, like oh she's a cat lover, alright, three three, or it's like you're crazy girl, it's a crazy woman. I feel like, if in the time I've known you, you're only allowed to change your phone number one time. If you change your phone number more than once, it's not you ye run from the bookie, change your phone one time is like after you you change your phone number one time, maybe it's a hey, uh, you know, I want to I'm trying to avoid something in my past, or I change my.
Speaker 2: Provider and don't feel like going through all the rigamarole.
Speaker 1: But if you've changed your phone number multiple times, I'm assuming are you who you're running from? I'm assuming something. Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I have family members that always have different phones. I had a friend, but you're what's going on in your life, dude. I had a buddy that was like every like years, so it'd be like, yeah, here's my new number. After a while, I stopped saving. I'm like, yeah, if you need to get a hold of me, just whatever, you find me. Yeah, you have my number, you weird. Oh you can contact me all right. The numbers eight seven seven on Fox never changed, by the.
Speaker 9: Way, executive decision here, the lines are loaded on this topic.
Speaker 2: So let's keep it wrong.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because it's going to block the game. So we're gonna have to end the show with the last one standing.
Speaker 2: And if we don't get to it, Danny, here's the crazy part.
Speaker 3: We can always do it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 3: We'll see we'll see, Hey, we'll see how it goes. Hey, Tomorrow's Jam Packed with Mike runs his take and mid Week major.
Speaker 1: Oh Dan Bayer told me. Dan Byer told me he thinks we could drop the mic segment. Yayyy, look at that sorry getting late getting later early?
Speaker 3: And who said that it's getting late early?
Speaker 1: I think it was Yom your boy, Yogi if you know, Enrich on Fox Sports Radio Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio, and normally at this time we played last one Standing, but we're going to push it back just for a few, for a few because we're getting a lot of phone calls about this John Burnhal story. Yeah, by the way, who came up with the nine to five jamal Adarms, Henry Ford? Henry Ford so parton John Burnhal the punisher. This clip has been around, but it's resurfaced. It's gone viral again about how people who take naps shouldn't be trusted. So we put together a little list of other things that make people untrustworthy at times. I said to Sam, anybody who doesn't have like a footprint online. We said, people who don't like animals, or even worse, people that change your phone number more than once no, no, say, when animals don't like that person, it makes you maybe not trust them. Sometimes we said people that don't drink. These are all like sort of indicators. No, what's going on there? Well, listen, I get it. There's a difference between playfully doing it and doing it like for real, when people are like like put off by like kids, hard for me to trust that press.
Speaker 2: Like I get when people.
Speaker 1: Joke, oh, kids are paying the butt, but when when you see some adults like, eh, well they legitimately children or getting that like a crying kid, It's like, what type of person are you?
Speaker 2: How about?
Speaker 1: Like like, I know there's people in my life, right, there's people in life for real that claim to be like hardcore fans of now name a team, right, and then they'll say to me something silly like yeah, do they play today?
Speaker 2: And it's like, what do you mean did they play today? So you're a big fan?
Speaker 3: How do you not know?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: And it makes me think that they feed me bs and that they're not legitimate on what they say, you know, So like things like that I pick up on a lot. So what are other indicators that make you not want to trust somebody? I'll give you one. Yeah, I don't trust someone a grown up. Have you ever heard come across some of these people that say like, I've never looked at any smut ever, because I feel like that's impossible. Yeah, Like some people are in complete denial of like ever by accident.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you don't check it out.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you know where I got that that thought about the sports team too, is like I remember there was a girl who was just trying to get on my good side by back in the day, and she was telling me how much she loves rock music.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, cool, man, is girl's the best.
Speaker 2: She likes rock music. She's hot.
Speaker 1: So I made the mistake by like being inquisitive and I was like, oh, so, like what bands are you into? And she's like, yeah, I really there's a band I really like, Encumbus, And I was Encumbus to you, Oh you mean incy Meois And it made me want to barf. But I appreciated the effort. But I realized right then and there she was just lying to me to like get on my good side. So there's a lot of people that they sell you stuff just to get on your good side in sports and entertainment and just life. So what makes someone untrustworthy? Let's go to the phones. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox is the number, and then we'll play some last one standing out. I'll have some thoughts on on on the Yankees, suit on life. Really I don't trust What's that says? Uh, I don't have a television? Well, if you're young, that's diffish generation. Yeah, maybe young now, but like back in the day when someone's like, you don't have a TV because you know, there's a lot, there's a college dorm room doesn't look like it used to. Right, people don't do TVs? You right, Yeah, you have two TVs. You must be rich, You must be rich. Let's start with Will in North Carolina. Hey, Will, you're on the show in rich Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: That's going on? Guys, heybody me on Tom Hey.
Speaker 13: So number one I had this, Uh well, my ex wife her or her father always used to tell me you.
Speaker 14: Never trust a guy with two first names.
Speaker 2: My name is.
Speaker 7: Will Gray, you know, so I'm like, uh, you know, after we had separated and everything.
Speaker 2: And divorce, like maybe he was trying to tell me something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rich Davis, I like that. It's a funny one though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's funny too, because old school radio DJs would always take two first names so that they'd be like at the top of people's memories.
Speaker 3: It's true, true story.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Virginia. James. What's up, James? Oh, thank you taking my call?
Speaker 11: Gentlemen. Has a shoes day, big time, all the time, every time for the commanders, man buddy.
Speaker 2: On a quick side note, Man, I just want to throw out there, I'm gonna send you guys a picture. I came home last night. My daughter was in the crib sleeping with the Covino and.
Speaker 1: Rich nerve football mane living that dad life, dad light.
Speaker 2: Hey, kid life is a crazy life, but it's a great life.
Speaker 12: For guys.
Speaker 11: Listen, man, I got to take.
Speaker 2: Some mbrich with y'all real quick.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: I'm forty three, so I come from a generation just like y'all.
Speaker 4: I have no social media whatsoever, Okay, faith, no one.
Speaker 1: If I if I did like a deep dive, I can't find like a picture that someone posted of you somewhere.
Speaker 14: From Virginia.
Speaker 2: So late first, James from Virginia. You'll see me on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 4: Shout out to DP and the Day and Nets.
Speaker 2: They had me on the guests one time. And that's why I use personal examples. There's girls, there's women that.
Speaker 1: I've dated, and people in my family that you can't find them.
Speaker 2: You know, that's intentional.
Speaker 9: The DP episode he's talking about, I was listening live that day and all the Dan Patrick listeners were freaking out because they saw what James looked like because they had heard him for so many years on the DP Show, and no one knew what he looked like.
Speaker 2: James.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind, I'm not saying that everybody needs social media. Social media is the devil. It's easy, it's the worst. It's one thing that's say you can't find them on like online, an image or anything about them right Like to me in today's world, that's like almost impossibles.
Speaker 3: How'd you do that sign?
Speaker 2: I think it's a cool man of mystery thing that could be. It depends how you look at it. All right, let's go to Waco. Trevor. Hey, wait, go.
Speaker 11: Hey, what's going on? Guys? Hey, thanks again for the I got the pro one of the prize packs. You know, Dan Bayer Danny G. Cavino Rich, I would saying you guys do a great job.
Speaker 2: I'll thank you.
Speaker 11: No, I'll be quick. First things first, the burn Thalt burn Thalt thing. If he's gonna be so closely knit with the military, he needs to get up with some of his military brethren and talk about nap because that's how that's how we ran for so long.
Speaker 2: I can only imagine.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but going to the trustworthy thing, h immediately, lack of eye contact. You don't make eye contact with me, especially when we first meet, or if we're having a conversation that has is of relative importance, then I won't trust you at all. Thanks, guys, appreciate.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I totally agree with that initial eye contact. That's the key because I'll make it. Hey, look you in the eyes, shake your hand. Nice to meet you. What's your name, Danny, Danny, I'm.
Speaker 2: Steve, all right? Cool?
Speaker 1: After that, too much eye contact gets awkward for me. I had at first.
Speaker 2: If it's unrelenting, unceasing ye contact. I had a boss, freak.
Speaker 1: I had a boss and Covino knows the guy. I had a boss back at the day who during like our job interview, was like abnormal eye contact, and it was freaking me out, man, Like you know what, I'm talking about my old my old top boss. But his whole thing was like I'm just sort of like assessing you. Man, It's like way too intense, Like stop looking at me. All right, let's go to dB for an update, Damn buyer, what is going on.
Speaker 10: I'm so surprised that Sam doesn't use Instagram because I feel that Instagram is like when people have a vacation. That's why I liked on Facebook. When people would post like vacation pictures, That's what I would use it more. And Instagram is filtering out all the other crazy stuff on a great Facebook, Like so it's just pictures.
Speaker 1: To me, exes like people fight about politics and sports and faceless. To me, Instagram is like just pictures of people, you know.
Speaker 6: Correct, And again I always go back to this, I always I still Meta still owns me by being a part of Facebook.
Speaker 3: So I'll just be doubling up with Meta.
Speaker 1: Man, those God forbid suspicious instance sobs instance.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why we are here.
Speaker 10: We can tell you that Jehan Robinson became the highest paid running back in NFL history, getting a three year extension. We're seventy five million dollars fifty one million dollars guaranteed. Zay Flowers of the Ravens. He gets a four year extension wide Receivers Dealers worth one hundred and forty million dollars, with reports saying he'll get guarantees north of one hundred million dollars. And the Bears made tackle Darnell Wrights a happy man four year extension one hundred and sixteen million dollars ninety three million dollars guaranteed. He becomes the second highest paid lineman in the NFL, behind Laramie Tunsel of the Commanders. Now there's more news from Falcons camp. Edge rusher Jalen Walker had to leave with an apparent ACL injury. NFL Network says the team fears that Walker may have torn his ACL. Chargers left tackle Rashaun Slater was taken to the medical tent during eleven on elevens today. He's coming back from that arm injury last season. He did not return to act immediately, but did remain in pads on the sidelines for the team. Cardinals will start rookie in third round pick Carson Becket quarterback Thursday in the Hall of Fame game in Canton against the Panthers. Dodgers Tonight will start Trek Scooble making his LA debut as there in Chicago facing the Cubs. The WNBA expansion franchise in Cleveland isn't coming around until twenty twenty eight, but today we found out they'll be known as the Cleveland Sirens.
Speaker 2: In Ohio.
Speaker 10: State's the preseason number one in the top twenty five coaches poll the Buck Guys receiving thirty eight out of a possible seventy two first place votes. Oregon second, followed by Georgia, Texas and Notre Dame. What's interesting is Indiana was sixth, but they received the second most amount of first place votes at fourteen. We usually follow the AP poll, but the coaches poll likes the Buck Guys Number one guys.
Speaker 2: Back to you, Thank you, Dan. You must like that dead right.
Speaker 10: I don't like the expectations. You know, they played Texas early on in the season. I would rather have Texas be the highering team going as maybe the underdog.
Speaker 2: Is this the big year for arch Manning? It could be this year, it could be next year.
Speaker 10: He's got another of eligibility, but I rid for arch I do just one against the Buckeyes.
Speaker 1: All right, well, hey, thank you dB H. We have a late round of Last one Standing.
Speaker 2: We're going to do next.
Speaker 1: So if you want in, you want to win some prizes and want that grilling, let's do it. Eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox. Who will stand Alone? God Smack style?
Speaker 5: Five seconds to battle for your sports? Put your electronic devices down and pick your sports knowledge.
Speaker 2: Last one standing, Last one standing? All right, Last one Standing brought to you by Express Pros.
Speaker 1: I was saying with the trigger figure over there and by the way, yeah Express one time here, let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's go working logistics. You know, nothing moves without you.
Speaker 1: Company's needs skilled people now, and Express Employment Pros can help find you contractor full time work to fits at no cost to you. Visit Expresspros dot com, Get support, Get up, get to work.
Speaker 9: All right, Hopefully we have time to get three of the categories ready to go. If needed a tie break, each contestant gets five seconds to stay alive in the round. If you run out of time or answer incorrectly, Iowa Sam takes you out with a buzzer. You don't want to hear that. We keep battling until you are the last one standing. If you went to the rounds, you're the top dog. Here are the contestants. Thirteen time winner Steve Covino, let's go right next to him. Twenty time winner Rich Davis Haita, and the leader in the clubhouse.
Speaker 2: He's back.
Speaker 9: Forty eight time winner Dan Byer Helay go to the studio lines right now. See who's playing for a summer grill and Apron Prize back dB. Would you love to travel too, beautiful Reno, Nevada, Missoula, Montana, Des Moines, Iowa, Spokane, Washington, Waiverley, Iowa. Or Edwards Air Force Base, Mojabi, California.
Speaker 10: I'll tell you what. I wouldn't want to be there right now. But they're going through a tough time. So let's put Spokane on the map, dealing with all the fires up there. Try to put some good in someone's day. Brett in Spokane, how are you doing, Brett?
Speaker 2: Brett? What's up? All right, Bret?
Speaker 11: We're just going through these bars, like you guys said, Yeah.
Speaker 9: All right, man, We're praying for you and your neighbors there in for spot fact checking? Is Brandon right? Now be patient with him. When I say your name, the clock is going to start, all right, first category two days away. You have five seconds to name an NFL QB who led the league in most passing yards last season. Most passing yards will take the top twenty Coveno, You're up first, go.
Speaker 13: Stafford, Yes, yeah, of course, number one and Rich, let's go. Dak Prescott YEP number three. Buyer Aaron Rodgers number fifteen, just made it. Brett dam Darnold YEP number five.
Speaker 2: Back to Coveno three two O.
Speaker 3: My guy Baker Mayfield YEP number.
Speaker 7: Ten, Rich Damn three two one out of the buyer Josh Allen YEP number eleven YEP good.
Speaker 2: Poll, Brett uh Jalen Hurt YEP number sixteen. Nice Coveno.
Speaker 3: Three, Herbert YEP number nine.
Speaker 2: Buyer Caleb Williams YEP number seven. Brett oh Paton Holmes YEP number twelve. Still made it.
Speaker 9: Coveno three two one out of there between dB and Brett Byer.
Speaker 2: I know what I was gonna say, and I didn't say it. Trevor Lawrence YEP number six. Brett oh Rus Scott said it.
Speaker 9: Dak Prescott, Oh No, already said quickly. Yeah, there the TB gets that round, all right, dB gets that round. Drake May right, yeah, quickly. Some of the names Bo.
Speaker 13: Nicks, Yeah, Jared Goff was second, Drake may or Phone Nicks, Gino Smith was twentieth.
Speaker 9: Just made it, Smith made the listen, all right, second category into the new age. You have five seconds to name an MLB team whose stadium opened in two thousand and one or later. There's thirteen answers on the board.
Speaker 2: MLB.
Speaker 9: You said mlby stadiums that opened in two thousand and one or later, two thousand and one or all right, So Brett, we go in reverse order, starting with you right now, go.
Speaker 11: The Mariners.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I don't see it after ninety five, sorry, Brett.
Speaker 14: Byer Yankees yep, Yeah, what was that?
Speaker 13: Two thousand and nine, two thousand nine, Rich Mets yep, two thousand and nine as well.
Speaker 2: Coveno three two.
Speaker 13: Pittsburgh Yes, two thousand and one.
Speaker 14: Good Buyer Lee Rangers, yes, twenty twenty, Rich three two the Nationals, Yes, two thousand and eight. Coveno three two one Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I forgot here.
Speaker 13: That was Buyer Padres yes, two thousand and four. Rich three two Marlo Yeah, twenty.
Speaker 2: Twelve, back to back to DV Braves.
Speaker 13: Yep, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Back to Rich three two twins, yes, poll.
Speaker 14: Fire, oh geez, three thousand and two.
Speaker 9: One, Rich gets that round, Bier and Rich on the board.
Speaker 1: Brewers, the Cardinals, the Cardinals, the new Bush Stadium, right, the.
Speaker 13: Cardinals, Brewers, Phillies Reds two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Brewers just made it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when Houston had that ridiculous flag pole in the outfield, where.
Speaker 2: Was that the hill? But that was like longer to go than you think. Yeah, you guys, we are on a time crun. We're in a time crunch.
Speaker 9: I think we should do tie break and we'll give everybody a shot. Okay, So Brett, you're in on this, dB Covino, everybody, everybody's in on this. Whoever comes closest, just buzz in with your name when you're ready. Chris A. Lava, he just received a huge extension from the Saints last week. How many yards receiving did he have last season? Chris Alave? Yes, how many yards receiving did he have last season? Closest number wins? Think about it for a few seconds.
Speaker 10: Here, I'll say twelve thirteen, twelve thirteen for buyer, okay, co.
Speaker 2: I wrote down a number. Where are you going? Eight thirty two?
Speaker 3: I wrote, I wrote, I wrote thirteen oh eight thirteen eight.
Speaker 13: Okay, Brett, I'm gonna go twelve fifty twelve fifty.
Speaker 9: You were so close, but Buyer gets it at twelve thirteen. The actual retail yards one thousand and sixty three fire the closest.
Speaker 2: All right. That is Dan Bayer's forty ninth win in this game. Ah, forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: He's retiring at fifty.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Brett in Washington.
Speaker 9: You know what, because of what the Pacific Northwest is going through with the fires, we are still gonna send you price pack. Yeah you did, buddy, you did really good in the game. So we're gonna go ahead and mail a prize to you.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Thanks a lot, guys, Thank you man.
Speaker 3: I appreciatea safe. Appreciate you man.
Speaker 2: All right. So that was fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Danny g great questions, last one standing.
Speaker 2: dB wins again.
Speaker 1: And hey, just reason to maybe check out the Yankees tonight because I'll be watching them. George Lombard Junior. Maybe the Yankees didn't get all the players they wanted, or you know, fix all the holes that they needed fixing. But George Lombard Junior makes his start, his debut. Longtime touted shortstop Volpi and Jason Domingez got sent down option to the Miners. Lombard Junior starting tonight. You're saying there's a Lombard support there. Lombard support is happening tonight. You know, John rest in peace, John Sterling was around. The jokes, yes, would be endless. But hey, let's see what he does. Man his first start tonight, Lombard support.
Speaker 2: And scoople for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: So that's that could be a that's a big playoff preview. I will see you guys tomorrow. Have a great Tuesday. Until then, Riva there you baby, see you in the Promised Land.