Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour. In this Wednesday Dan and the Dann's Dan Patrick Show. Mike Florio from Pro Football Talk will join us. Coming up and in about twenty minutes we bring back all of our preseason predictions, some good, some bad, some really good, and some pretty incredible hot takes there. But we'll have that for you coming up in about twenty minutes from now eight seven to seven three DP. Show operator Tyler is sitting by. Good morning. Those watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. Are radio affiliates around the country, numbering four hundred and ten cities. Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry combined for the most yards rushing, passing receiving yards by any set of teammates in NFL history. They had seven thousand, two hundred and one rushing, passing and receiving yards this season. The previous mark was set by Ben Roethlisberger and Le'Veon Bell that was seven one hundred and eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Statu A day statu, the day statu, the day stat of the day, statu to day status day start of to day startup.
Speaker 1: The third staut of the day brought to you by Pennini America the official trading cards of the program. That was Ben and Le'Veon Bell with the twenty fourteen Steelers and NFL teams rushing the ball this year, I don't think it was an aberration, you know. I think you saw this with playoff teams. It was league wide forty three point four percent of the time NFL teams ran the ball this season. That's the highest rate since two thousand and nine. And there is a correlation here to success because you have seven out of the ten teams that were in the top ten rushing they're in the playoffs, and then you had a couple of teams just outside of the top ten who were in the playoffs. All right, Pole question for the final hour of this Wednesday program, Seaton is going to be, what, Well, let.
Speaker 3: Me update you on a couple of them that we got floating around right now. We did a couple of road games team road teams that are most likely to win, right NFC road team most likely to win? Right now that people about fifty seven percent of the audience have the Vikings beating the Rams on the road. In the AFC road team most likely to win Chargers have eighty nine percent of that vote, beating the Texans.
Speaker 4: Not allow of the love for the Texans there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chargers are favored, so were the Vikings, both on the road, and I think there's a strong sentiment that the Commanders can beat Tampa Bay. I've watched probably more Tampa Bay football this year than I thought I would. But Baker Mayfield played great, still got that chip on his shoulder, and Mike Evans. Mike Evans can bail out any quarterback. Now, Baker did throw forty touchdowns this year. They got a running game. They're just a sneaky good team. And I think because they play in the NFC South, we kind of look at them and they go, yeah, yeah, how good are they? I think they're I think they're good, and I think they have the potential to be a two win team in the playoffs. Now the Commanders, you know, that's kind of the great mystery there because a rookie quarterback going into the postseason. We saw c J. Stroud last year against the Ravens. I mean, bow Knicks is We're going to see what he can do on the road against Buffalo. It's difficult. It's difficult for any quarterback to win on the road. Now you're asking rookies to win on the road, and they are experienced quarterbacks. You know, Bo Nicks and Jaden Daniels, as we pointed out, they played for two different schools in two big conferences and they have shown success. The transition was right away, Drake May you know, go back to Tom Brady's comments where he thought it was unfair that we were expecting these quarterbacks to come in and be successful. Well, Tom was wrong certainly with this group. These guys came in and played. In fact, the guys who were coming in next year, it's going to be even tougher because these guys made it look a little bit easier than what it really is. Cam Ward and Shador Sanders and Jalen Milroe, whoever else is Riley Leonard, you know who. It's not a deep quarterback draft, or at least up top with guys that when you're going to draft them, are you going to be able to play? So somebody might reach for somebody a little sooner than they normally would because you want to get your quarterback. I always say, don't get a quarterback, get your quarterback. And too many of these GMS owners, coaches, they start to panic when they're on the clock, and it's you've got to you've got to have discipline with that. You've got to say, that's our guy, and if it's not that guy, then it's that guy. That's it. But you can't go and I go back to gosh far back as the Bengals. The Bengals took Achille Smith out of Oregon. I don't think they wanted him, and I think they were like, well, we got to get a quarterback. And it felt like, you know, these teams are jumping up and we're not going to get a quarterback. Get your quarterback, because when you get your quarterback, then you have success. Like Denver did with bo Nicks. The Commanders, they wanted Jayden Daniels. They didn't care about Caleb Williams. They knew what they wanted and that guy fell right. They didn't have to go up and get him. They didn't panic and go, we got to go, let's trade. They didn't do that. But when you have that patience and you give them patients to develop, that's when you see success. Drake May coming out of college. There are a lot of people who had a lot of opinions on Drake May. Oh my gosh, the Patriots they reached.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I watched him his last year at North Carolina and I didn't think he was great. But then I talked to one scout and then we had Tim Hasselbeck on analyst for the Mothership, and he did a couple of North Carolina gains. He was raving about him, raving, and then the NFL scout who's a friend, said, hey, he's got to clean up some things, but he has that ability to be a great quarterback and thought he could be a Justin Herbert kind of athlete at that position. Mike Florio is joining us on loan from Pro Football Talk. Always great to talk to Mike, and you can see him with Chris Simms Monday through Friday preceding this show on Peacock. Why did the Raiders wait a day to fire Antonio Pierce?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, first of all, Dan, there's no happy new Year if it's not too late to say happy Yes, okay, that's fine, Happy New Year anyway. I mean, what's the alternative? Unhappy New Year? Is that what happens?
Speaker 1: How about just hi, Mike? How are you hi?
Speaker 6: And unless you are going to jump into the chase for Mike Vrabel, which maybe the Raiders will. You can't have face to face interviews with coordinators from other teams until January twenty, so you don't have to make a snap decision right away. But you'd like to think, as Jerry Jones so eloquently said last week, going into the Week eighteen game against the Commanders, the hey is in the barn on what you're going to do about your coach. The Patriots knew why wait now, Look, there's an element of awkwardness that creeps in when you're firing the guys still in the locker room after the regular season finale. But once you know what you're going to do, any delay in implementing it runs the risk that someone else is going to find out and it's going to get out there. So you know, whether it's Mark Davis wanted to talk to Tom Brady who was working on Sunday and not at the game and not available for Davis to cauc us with, whatever the case may be. One day isn't a huge thing in the grand scheme of things, because if you're looking for coordinators, you've got a couple more weeks before you can even sit down and talk to him.
Speaker 1: I talked to somebody yesterday I trust in the business, and we were talking about a variety of things, including Brady's fingerprints all over the Raiders' situation here, and I said, I thought Antonio Pierce was going to be fired, So now you're the Mike Rabel situation, Rabel Brady relationship. And so this person said to me, I could see a scenario where Vrabel doesn't go to the Patriots because of his allegiance to Bill Belichick and what the Crafts did to Belichick out the door. I don't know if he would do that, you know, it seems like he's the obvious guy there. But can Brady convince Brabel to go to the Raiders.
Speaker 6: Well, that's where it would become extremely interesting interesting if Brady would use the way the Patriots treated Belichick, even though it kind of fell apart for Brady and Belichick near the end, But that's a way to convince Rabel not to go back there. Rabel's going to do his own thing. Rabel's going to do what's right for him, and he's got that red jacket with the crest on it that makes him a member of the Patriots Hall of Fame. It's going to be tough to pull him away from New England. But he's the one guy right now who is going to have multiple opportunities interviewing with the Bears today. Saints want to talk to him, Jets have talked to him, Raiders presumably will want to It's everybody with the Jaguars so far have been linked to him in one way, shape or form, And at the end of the day, he'll know in his heart whether he wants to go to New England despite the things that happened with Belichick, and I could see Rabel compartmentalizing it. I could see Rabel smoothing things over with Bill. If Bill's noses out to joint, how dare you take that job and go to New England when I was there all those years? And you know, Rabel's got he's got a lot of parcels in him where he'll make his point in a very blunt way, but it's also kind of a charming and funny way, and he's good with people in that respect. And I think that he'll manage Belichick and he'll go where he feels like he should go. And it just seems like a no brain to go to New England. But how many times do we see no brainers that just blow up and go a different direction.
Speaker 1: How do you think Brady like after he does the Super Bowl? Do you think Tom Brady's won and done as a broadcaster?
Speaker 6: I think that Tom Brady and I made this point last week. Tom Brady either has no self awareness whatsoever to realize the various landmines and conflicts of interest, and it's just a bad look him trying to do two jobs that do not Mesh and Miles Simmons of PFT put it best when this was all first percolating. He wants to be the best at everything he does. It's impossible to be the best possible broadcaster you can be and the best possible part owner of a team you can be. And he's either completely oblivious to that or he is hyper aware of the fact that he can do whatever the hell he wants, and he's gonna do whatever he wants to do. But I think at some point he's gonna REALI not being able to go to the games, not being involved with the team in the regular season as involved as he'd like to be, because he has another job that keeps him occupied on Sundays in other cities covering other games. I think at some point he's going to realize on his own that I shouldn't do both. I can't do both. I want the competitive juices. I want to be in the fray. I want to be with the Raiders full time. And I think that there are people in the league who are quietly hoping that's the way it goes.
Speaker 1: Will the Lions lose both their coordinators?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, Ben Johnson is only going to leave if he feels like it's the right opportunity. Alignment with the front office is one of his top factors, and he's learned from the mistakes of others. Where that window opens to be a head coach, you jump through it, and you land in a briar patch, and two three years later you're out of a job and you wish you hadn't left. And I also think, and I heard this this weekend, he'd much rather be the mad scientist who is designing all these different crazy trick plays and exploiting defensive weaknesses. Then the guy who's at the center of attention, the guy who gets all the pressure, the guy whose address gets posted online and people show up at his house, and Dan Campbell goes through a lot. Now he makes a lot more money, but four or five million a year for an offensive coordinator, that's not a bad life. And you get to do what you want to do and you don't have to do with all the hassles of being a head coach. And he seems to be just sensitive to the fact that life changes dramatically when you become a head coach. It's got to be the right spot. And I would not rule him out going back to Detroit and just waiting and waiting and waiting for the perfect opportunity.
Speaker 1: Talking to Mike Florio, Pro Football Talk Live co host also contributor to Football Night in America, we just played our weekly game of in or out. I'm sure you've heard of it. The first pick of the NFL Draft will not be a quarterback. Are you in or out?
Speaker 6: I'll say I'm out because if the Titans decide they want a quarterback, they'll take one, and if they don't, I think they should trade the pick to a team that really falls in love with one of these quarterbacks. Now, it's still early in the process and whatever teams have put together by way of preliminary draft boards. That goes out the window once the coaches aren't coaching anymore and they get involved in the scouting process and their opinions begin to skew things. So there's a lot of work still left to be done. But just from the standpoint of teams that need quarterbacks, you got teams that have franchise quarterbacks and teams that don't, and the teams that don't are trying to get one. And the Raiders are a team that could maybe trade up with the Titans. You know, there are teams out there that I think if it's not the Titans taking a quarterback, they'll trade the pick to a team that wants one, because the Titans could then parlay that into a bunch of other picks that could address other needs.
Speaker 1: If Jared Goff wins Super Bowl MVP, he's going to the Hall of Fame? Are you in or out?
Speaker 6: I'd have to take close to look at his entire career. It would be his second Super Bowl appearance. You know, the Rams basically attaching a first round pick to get him off their books is not a good look. I don't know that it's enough to get to the Hall of Fame, but it puts him on track for something that three years ago we never would have dreamed possible, because I mean, this never gets described this way. But the Rams gave up an extra first round pick, They gave a one and a three for Stafford, and they attached the first round pick to Golf to get his contract. Oh wait, that's how how far he had fallen in the eyes of Sean McVay. And it might have been the best thing that ever happened to him because it sparked this resurgence where yeah, you know, I'd never thought of that, but I still think he'd have more work to do.
Speaker 1: Rank Final one, Aaron Rodgers will not be a player or a broadcaster slash analyst next season. Are you in around?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: I think if he retires, he won't be a broadcaster. He said he'll walk off into the but I also can't imagine him fading away from relevance and keeping his mouth shut. I am out on him not being a player, though. I think he'll find a spot next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he will.
Speaker 6: I've been watching Pittsburgh. I think Pittsburgh makes a lot of sense. And Sims made a point today this got Chad Brinker that nobody heard of until yesterday, who somehow arrived in Tennessee two years ago and is now completely in charge of the operation. Nashville is a place where Rogers has a house. The Titans need a quarterback. Here's the key. Brinker was with the Packers from twenty ten through twenty twenty two in the front office. And we know how Rogers feels about the Green Bay front office, and he either loves Chad Brinker or he hates Chad Breker. There is no in between with Aaron Rodgers. So you may scratch Tennessee off the list right now if he doesn't like Chad Brinker. But I can see Aaron Rodgers and Mike Tomlin finding a way to join forces for one season, and man, that would be exciting.
Speaker 1: The MVP conversation is always fascinating. And you have a guy that if this was the Academy Awards, it's Josh Allen's turn, they would probably say whereas Lamar Jackson probably had his best performance. But you get voter fatigue, You get voters who go, yeah, but he doesn't do well in the like. People have their own criteria here. What do you think this comes down to as to why this quarterback will win the MVP.
Speaker 6: Well, and I said this the other day, trust your gut if you're a voter, because what we do as humans we find objective statistics and facts to support whatever it is our gut is telling us to do. Anyway, watch Josh Allen, watch Lamar Jackson. Look at the season Lamar Jackson had in comparison to the last year when he was the MVP. And I know that other guys had less seasons than that, and guys had better seasons than I get all that, but you had to trust your gut. Who is the MVP? And you know the problem with this award? And I say this is one of the voters fully cognizan in the fact that they may take the award away or they vote away. And if they do, I don't care. What the hell is an MVP, Like, what does it mean? I heard Chris Fowler talking about it during the game on Saturday. Most valuable to your team? Well, is that what it is? I mean, it's an age old debate in sports most valuable to If it's the most valuable player to the league, it's Patrick Mahomes every year until he retires because there is no one bringing value to the sport like him. So it's just a crazy thing. And I just tell people whatever your gut feeling is, go with it, because if you start coming up with objective justifications, all you doing is because we can find any stat to support whatever it is we want to do.
Speaker 1: Wow, but don't say that you don't want your vote. They can take it away.
Speaker 6: Oh well, let me tie something. I've spent about this week, and this is a busy week, and I know we're covering sports. I've had real jobs. Real jobs suck. I'm not complaining about my job, But to throw another ten hours of work between the all pro votes and the awards ballots on top of everything else, for the grand total salary of zero dollars and zero cents, you get to a point where you're like, you know what, I wouldn't be so upset if they took my vote away.
Speaker 1: I'll take your vote, okay, but I don't know if the commissioner will let me have it.
Speaker 6: Oh it's not that trust me. The commissioner has nothing to do with it. I would not if the commissioner, how did you have a vote?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't have a vote. He would vote against you getting a vote.
Speaker 6: He would he would blackball me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you can ship me your your MVP vote. All right, thank you Mike, Thank you Dan. That's Mike Florial. Happy New Year mine. You can see him on football Night in America. No, I had my mailman came by on Saturday. He goes, wait, am I in under the wire? Am I allowed to say Happy New Year? And I go, yeah, you can stay Happy New Year? But not Sunday. He goes, why not working Sunday? I said, well, definitely not Monday. No, Happy New Year. We're done with that. All right, Well, take a break when we come back. Oh, this is going to be epic preseason hot takes. We will bring back all of our hot takes. It's not going to be pretty for some of us back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David, and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 9: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 9: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 8: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 9: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So.
Speaker 8: Check us out. We like to get you involved, to take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 9: As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 6: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 8: Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media. That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 1: Coming up, we will replay our hot takes preseason hot Takes with the NFL. By the way, Justin Herbert at his press conference yesterday had an interesting conversation or discussion story and well, first of all, he's asked this question. I did not think that I was going to hear this answer.
Speaker 10: What was the first time maybe during the offseason workouts or stopping that Jim sat where you were? Like, this guy's definitely different.
Speaker 11: I think when he talked about remembering the day that he was born was probably the first day that the whole story and how you remember looking out the window, and I think it was a cold, snowy day, and I really hope he doesn't remember that. That'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: So Harball actually remembers the day he was born that he remembers looking out the window. You know, when you're successful, you're quirky. When you're not successful, you're crazy. Harbaugh is quirky. I don't remember, see. I think the first memory I would have would probably be clouded by the fact that I would see a home movie or maybe a picture. So I don't know if I have Todd, do you remember the first like, what's the first memory you have?
Speaker 12: I think the first memory I have was when there was family and friends over in my apartment growing up, and I decided it would be a good idea to take my diaper off and go number two in the kitchen as opposed to some other part of the house. I have a vivid recollection of that and being skulled it in. It coursed quite a scene.
Speaker 1: And you were like six, I was like nine, nine, and you took off your diaper.
Speaker 12: No it was I remember being diaper age. And I don't know if I was four or five whatever it was.
Speaker 1: But well, no, no, no, you're not diaper age.
Speaker 7: Whatever it is, I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I didn't you have kids.
Speaker 7: I don't remember the years. I don't remember that changed the couple.
Speaker 1: No you didn't.
Speaker 7: I guess two, three, whatever it is. Okay, do you remember.
Speaker 1: That seat and you remember your first memory?
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't really know if it is my first.
Speaker 3: The earliest memory I can probably think of is I remember once going with I think my dad to visit somebody. I remember their backyard and they're having these huge trees cut down, I think, And I remember, uh, we visited somebody very old. She might have been like a great grandmother or like someone like super super old though, and I was very very young, and I remember how everything smelled.
Speaker 1: Marvin.
Speaker 10: Probably first memory for me is seeing the Michael Jackson silhouette saying Michael Jackson's coming to Hartford and me just like going crazy, like MONI please take me there, and she took me to the circus instead, ready to call DCF owner.
Speaker 1: How old were you prob Like four? Okay, almost five, Paul.
Speaker 4: I think I remember my third birthday party, but like you said, it could be clouded by pictures. I remember steaking. My grandmother made me a cake. It looked like a Chucchu train, and I stuck into there and looked at it, and I remember what it looked like. I can remember where a standing and where the fridge was in this back room. I think I remember that.
Speaker 1: One of my first memories is so weird. It was on Easter. I don't know how old I was. I just remember that I didn't get much candy in my basket. My brothers may have you know, my older brothers may have taken it. And I got hard boiled eggs that were colored eggs. And I got the hard boiled eggs and I went into the back hallway leading out the back door, and I smashed all of the hard boiled eggs on the walls out there. So I might have been four. That didn't go over well with mom, because the next memory I had is she got a switch from the tree and spanked me. Switch was very, very underrated when it came to discipline. You either got the thin belt or you got the switch. You got to pick. I went switch, wrong move, but I was only four years old. Okay, Time to play hot takes preseason addition on the Dan Patrick Show, PAULI, you're gonna kind of give us the lay of the land here.
Speaker 4: Yes, So the day of the regular season, right before, we did two AFC and two NFC hot takes each h At the end of this we're going to play the game who was the most rightest? Who was the most wrongest? Okay, it's proper English. Let me start with Marvin. Do we have Marvin?
Speaker 10: Okay, Jeffrey Simmons of the Tennessee Titans will win Defensive Player of the Year. Okay, Okay, the New York Jets we'll go to the AFC Championship game.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, anything else here's his NFC picks.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: Sam Darnold will make the Pro Bowl, all right, give me one more game over?
Speaker 1: Wow ye?
Speaker 10: And Raheem Moors will win NFL Coach of the Year.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you're not gonna win it, but team won the division.
Speaker 3: So these are supposed to be hot takes, yes see right, these are hot takes, not predictions.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So, actually Marvin, if it was a prediction game would have gotten it right. But he got it horribly wrong because it was a hot take, right or no, I'm not thinking of that the wrong way.
Speaker 4: We were trying to give the hottest preseason takes and if we stumble down to a true one that's the bonus, then it's still worked. Okay, got it, got it?
Speaker 1: Uh, Paulie, You're.
Speaker 4: Next Russell Wilson of the Steelers as opposed to yep, Russell Wilson will start a playoff game for the Steelers. Who Okay, My second hot take is Will Levis of the Titans, who win the most Improved Player in the League award if there is one, which I'm not sure there is. I think there used to be, but if there was, he will bonus take.
Speaker 1: You know what, He's going to be so improved they're going to create the award.
Speaker 4: Correct bonus take with Will Levis. He'll lead the AFC in touchdowns and interceptions.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's bad, kind of a Jamis Winston type season. Okay, do you have NFC Kyler.
Speaker 4: Murray Dan of the Cardinals to be specific, Kyler Murray. The Cardinals will start a playoff game one of the worst teams in football last year. Kyler Murray starts back. Okay, all right, this one you're gonna give me a little wiggle room with because this is going to extend into January. Feedwarre. The Dallas Cowboys will start twenty twenty five the offseason with no head coach and no quarterback under contract.
Speaker 1: Mm almost maybe uh Seaton O'Connor.
Speaker 4: Uh, let's see my NFC hot takes.
Speaker 3: The Dallas Cowboys will win Super Bowl fifty nine. Okay, once again are head to head that is, he got everybody getting fired. I have them winning time and for bonus picks, I have them beating the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 1: Okay, your MVP Joe Burrow Cowboys Bengals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I have the Panthers will win the NFC South.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about the how about the Joe Joe Burrow MVP?
Speaker 4: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 7: No, it's not.
Speaker 4: It's not that crazy, But everything else.
Speaker 1: And once again, this is supposed to be hot hot hot takes. Okay, how about the AFC, Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: Will be your MVP and the Colts will make the playoffs. Oh, that wasn't too far off either. They were close. Yesh, Yeah, yeah, they eliminated Week seventeen. I guess how about me? The Jets will go to the Super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers will win MVP.
Speaker 1: Whoa close? Okay?
Speaker 4: Is that over yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are they officially eliminated? How about the NFC? I have the Falcons going to the NFC title game. That's crazy, thank you time they will face they will face the La Rams in the NFC title cald know where that happens. The Rams could be there. I think I had Joe Burrow MVP. Let's go to Todd Let's go NFC. Can I go NFC first? And then we'll go to his Denver Broncos.
Speaker 12: The New York Football Giants were six and eleven and twenty twenty three. They finished third in the division and thirteenth in the conference. Daniel Jones and the g Men will regress further, finishing no better than four to twelve and one as your tiebreaker last in the NFC East one of, if not the worst record in the conference, in the entire league, and they will desperately miss the services of Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 7: You rushed for nine hundred and sixty two yards with sixteenth It.
Speaker 1: Could be a round of applause for that. Yeah, now that one more NFC.
Speaker 12: These last season he missed a couple of games, But staying with the Saquon Barkley theme, I say he will run for at least fifteen hundred yards and at least ten touchdowns this season as a member of the Philadelphia Eason.
Speaker 1: Okay, about one, and another round of applause for Fritzy Well, prognosticator of prognosticators. Yeah, you're you put the pro in Prognostia Gator. All right, Towny Todd AFC predictions.
Speaker 12: Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but bow Knicks, who wears number ten, leads the Broncos to ten wins as Denver participates.
Speaker 7: In a roade wild parkyn.
Speaker 12: Okay, after a bad Week five loss at home to the Cowboys, Mike Tomlin benches Russell Wilson for justin fields that specific day.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that kind of happened you did great? Yeah, well done.
Speaker 4: That was pretty crazy. Yes, who was the most rightest? Todd over Marvin with Sam Darnold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean Todd had the Broncos with ten wins, bo Nicks number ten and they have a road playoff game and Saquon Barkley over fifteen hundred yards and the Giants would be maybe one of his services. Yes, worst teams in the NFC.
Speaker 4: I'd like the volunt tier for most wrongest with my Will Levis take. As they now have the number one pick of the draft. It's hard to get wronger than that.
Speaker 3: Well, the Jets going to the Super Bowl. Well, the Cowboys beating the Bengals in the Super Bowl. Okay, I got both teams not even in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty terrible. Those those are your preseason hot textcha relations Let me see Curtis in Illinois. Hi, Curtis, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 13: MOREP Just kind a quick question for you yesterday you mentioned it and then again today about the Packers' odds of beating Philly going down tremendously because.
Speaker 1: Watson being out.
Speaker 14: But looking at the Packer stats and just watching him this year, he's sixth and receiving and only has two touchdowns. I don't know if you're getting any other inside pormation or you just like a gut feeling that you got on why that's going to be as big of a deal.
Speaker 1: You know what it was, Curtis, It felt like just such a bummer like it like the you could see when the Packers reacted to it. So I think it was. I don't think it's one of those statistically as much as it is that guy went healthy is a great, great contributor to that team and having a deep threat. You got a young secondary in Philadelphia. Now they played well, but uh yeah, I just it was more of that we lost the like when Dre Greenlaw got injured in the Super Bowl. It is either best linebacker, no, but when he got injured, you could almost see like oh my god, and it kind of felt like it stayed there with them. Now, if this is October, it's different, but it just happened, and I think because of that, I thought that's one of those that kind of stays with you. Roco in Florida, Hi, Rocko, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Dan dan Etz? How were doing this morning?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: Awesome? So, first of all five nine, thank you, and then I just want to tap based on the Lamar Jacks. And I know it's like beat to death with everyone, but do you think that it's also a criticism on him. That's why I r himself hard on him because he has such an established coach, like that's been there, that's been in the playoffs. It's like the play calling everything to where they just put everything on him. They're like, oh, well, everything's there, so you should just be able to do it well.
Speaker 1: I think Lamar is the one who gets beat up more than John Harball does. Now this is this is on the coach too, but I think we hold Lamar accountable for everything that happens with the Ravens, and that's not fair to him. And it is a regular season award. I know that we love to see what you're going to do in the postseason. We expect you to do things in the postseason. No, Aaron Rodgers wasn't great the postseason. He had four MVPs. Peyton Manning was he five hundred the postseason. So you know we do attach something extra to that, whether it's fair or not. But that's the position. You give more credit and you give more blame. That's it. It goes along with the territory. Well, take a break, last call for phone calls, what we learn, what's in store tomorrow, this day in sports history. After this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP. While tickets last. If you're in New Orleans. Super Bowl Week that Wednesday, albeit Tip Patinas with Dan Levittard, It's Dan Interviews Dan. Information on tickets can be found at Danpatrick dot com and across our social media platforms. While supplies last. Brady Quinn on the program tomorrow. Greg McElroy, We get ready for college football coming up tomorrow night. The Final Four is here, Last call for phone calls, what we learn, what's in store tomorrow? A quick NBA game as well. We did have who has the most points to fewest assist in NBA history?
Speaker 4: And now this is the reverse, Dan okay, the player who had the most assists in his career averaged per game and the fewest points scored.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now was Moses Malone, the one who had the most points with the fewest assists. Yes, in NBA history. Okay, this player has the most assist to fewest points.
Speaker 4: On this list are a bunch of guys from the past. They're all from the past twenty years.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Oh that's it.
Speaker 4: No other hints, mostly guards, all from the past twenty years.
Speaker 1: Points. To assist Marvin.
Speaker 4: They had to average at least seven assists per game.
Speaker 1: Okay, Marvin.
Speaker 10: Andre Miller.
Speaker 1: Wow dang no wow back row interested in joining us on this and he guesses.
Speaker 4: Sedale three not in the past twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I don't think he's I don't think he played enough.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say Russell Westbrook, but he's scored a lot of points.
Speaker 4: Yes he did, Russell Adil Russell is twelfth because assists, his assists are high and is scoring while high career averages. There, so he's twelfth all time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Eric Snow, I like the ingenuity. Okay, so this guy had a lot of assists, but not necessarily a lot.
Speaker 4: Of uh Rondo raj raj Rondo. He was an all assist guy. That is overwhelmingly correct. Rondo eight assists per game, only nine points per game?
Speaker 1: And where's he on the list? Number one? Let's go look at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, out of nowhere, back row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the top.
Speaker 7: Row preseason prediction. That's what you get.
Speaker 4: Who wants second place? Here's the big hint loved by Mannix.
Speaker 1: Ricky Rubio Maine is stacked. Where's Mannix been? Did he get married?
Speaker 7: Oh? Yeah? Married?
Speaker 4: Is he big timing is?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think he was like, you guys don't call, so I'm gonna be on rich eisend show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he thinks we're big timing him. I think.
Speaker 4: After football season we'll have back on a four.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I will now give me Wendy, I'll take Wendy.
Speaker 4: Mannix is married, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah he married a boxer.
Speaker 4: I would have had what's the name DiCaprio get married before Mannix.
Speaker 7: Yes, he's a knockout boxing.
Speaker 1: I'll give you credits the end of the show. The end of the show. You wore me down? You do you wear me down during the course.
Speaker 7: Only obvious boxers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about that.
Speaker 3: Man that hit me in the exact right spot in the Gazillas.
Speaker 1: This day in sports, we lost Seaton for the day in sports.
Speaker 4: I can't believe he actually said.
Speaker 7: It was so easy. But why did I say that. Everyone was thinking that's what how to say it?
Speaker 1: So good? I wasn't thinking it.
Speaker 7: That's you were No, this sounds like right there on the table. Am I not going to say it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: This day in sports history in nineteen seventy seven, for the first time, the cover of TV Guide was the Super Bowl, and then nineteen oh one in Chicago, Illinois, the first tournament sanctioned by the American Bowling Congress. No, that's a kind of politician I would.
Speaker 7: Like to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah bowler, that's it. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 1: On this day in twenty twelve, Todd.
Speaker 7: Oh, I think I know where you're going with that.
Speaker 1: Where am I going going?
Speaker 7: Tim Tebow to Jamarius Tom say good night?
Speaker 1: Pitch in the wild card? Heck yeah, eighty yard touchdown. Now, that's the first scrimmage play of overtime. It wasn't an eighty yard pass. I think it was a ten yard pass and a seventy yard run of the running on that also the Music City Miracle. This day in two thousand, Titans rally to beat the Bills. Frank Wycheck Kevin Dyson seventy five yards game winning touchdown. Final results of the poll question Seaton.
Speaker 4: Let's see, we'll go back to the original poll.
Speaker 3: Which head coachless team feels furthest from the Super Bowl?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 3: The j E T s Jets, Jest Jets running away with that one, followed by the Raiders and Saints.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kent in Michigan, Hi, Kent, what's on your mill?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 15: Dan? You are on FaceTime? Is for grandkids?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 15: Hund p my question. And I was gonna let it go earlier, but Chase Daniel brought it back up the whole idea when he alluded to the idea of being a team three times in the season.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 15: And I saw an article and it goes back to your choice. And I completely understand kicking Kevin O'Connell over Dan Campbell for coach of the Year. But if the Lions beat in ten days, if they beat Minnesota for the third time in ten days, does that change your mind?
Speaker 1: No, this is regular season. I expected Detroit to be great. I picked him the win to Super Bowl. I didn't think the Vikings were going to make the playoffs. I thought the Bears were going to make the playoffs. So I think because we didn't have high expectations, that's how you win the award. Usually the best coach on the best team doesn't win. It's always Wow, that's a big surprise. Didn't see that coming. Let's go around the room. What we learned on the program once again. Brady Quinn will be with us and Greg McElroy gets you ready for the college football playoffs. Todd, what did you learn today?
Speaker 12: Mike Florio can see Aaron Rodgers joining forces with Mike Tomlin and Pittsburgh next season.
Speaker 7: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Yep, you know that's out there. That's been out there, which is kind of weird, but it's out there. Seaton, what did you learn today?
Speaker 4: All this time, I've been sitting next to Punk Satati Fritz.
Speaker 1: No predictions, no STIs Marvin, how about you?
Speaker 10: Le Batar loves the FaceTime you shirt?
Speaker 1: He does he? You know him and his wife. He's the one that's shirtless.
Speaker 4: Paulie, We look back at our hot takes.
Speaker 1: What we learned brought to you by Rapid Radios, official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show, offering national LTE coverage, no subscriptions ever. A great alternative for your kids or parents. We use them on the show. Go to Rapid radios dot com. Sixty percent off free shipping. Thanks for joining us, our pleasure to serve you for Fritzie Seat and mar Pauli Hears, truly, we'll talk to you tomorrow