Speaker 1: He is Drink Chants, motherfucking podcast man. He's a legends every Queens rapper. He ain't sagreed as your boy in O r E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop and mioneer p up as d j e f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk.
Speaker 1: Drink Chans mother post for every days.
Speaker 2: Do you see that's it's time for Drink Champs. Drink up, motherfucking mother?
Speaker 1: Would it good? Be hoping he should be? This is your boy in O r E.
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 2: It is dj e f N.
Speaker 1: And this Drink Champs happy hour makes some know.
Speaker 5: When we talk about icon of icon, when we talk about legends of legends, this man has had at least two three four careers careers. So many people come and go in this rap game for you to sustain your success, like how this man has sustained and been a g about it the whole time.
Speaker 1: A lot of people would.
Speaker 5: Have lost their mind, went crazy, been rolling out here with fifteen thousand people. He came to dinner last night with his family Like that's gangster to me.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 5: Album after album, hit after hit, continuously to be relevant. You know, some say is the father of gangst the rap, and then to have a great career like that and then go on to dominate movies and dominate a TV show that TV show. But now fucking twenty five fucking years.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker.
Speaker 5: If you don't know what the fuck we're talking about at this point you're talking about, motherfucker, I.
Speaker 1: Want. I want to get straight to the speech. Straight to the speech.
Speaker 5: I never see a speech as I mean you, you and Snoopers focus cold because Snoop thinks yourself right, Yes, you think the haters.
Speaker 1: I think the hater But did you make.
Speaker 5: This speech up as you as you was talking or you had this written down?
Speaker 3: I walk I walked with that all every day. Like haters have always been my motivation. I actually have a clothing line called Power by Hate Wo which I've always been able to use, you know, the energy from them as my motivation. You know, Like all I gotta do is going in and thatt and I find somebody talking shit about me, then I'm go in the gym. I get you take that energy.
Speaker 1: This nigga fell off.
Speaker 3: That's why I need that because praise doesn't.
Speaker 1: Do much for me. I'm not that guy like it. Just I got it.
Speaker 3: So a bad show is what's gonna make me do a good show. So so I always like use it. So now I'm getting the start, right. You don't know how many times I've been arrested in Hollywood. I many times I've been faced down on them starts looking at it, Chris, you know, getting comfort. So now I've been I've been to Hollywood police stations so many times. So now that what a difference to day makes. Now they honoring me, and so I'm there. I'm in this moment right. I got Dick Wolfs and all the mon or the people there, Russell Simmons, ice Cube showed up, you know, all my GE's were there, and I'm saying all the right stuff, and then I just just hit me. Man, that shit just came out of nowhere. I said, Man, I think the fucking haters, Man, I got to get there. Y'all really pushed me and motivated me to get to this point. The fact you said I could not do it, So I tell you that it just happened then, and I think people dug it.
Speaker 1: It was organic authent caught the Holy Ghost.
Speaker 3: See what these motherfucking haters man, they got, But I love them because I need them.
Speaker 5: See that part envirorable. But you, but I suggest people go watch.
Speaker 1: The Holy Sage.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean, motivational host because a.
Speaker 5: Lot of people don't know you was cursing throughout the whole mother my curse.
Speaker 3: I use all kings English. I explained to people that even the term cursed, like you know, if you look up profanity and the dictionary, there's something which its blasphemous. Blasphemy would be saying the Lord's name in vain. So the only word that could be considered blasphemings would be God be damned. You know when I'm not gonna do no no eance and nothing shit here. But basically fuck, shit, bitch, ho, dirty hole, slut dish. These are just taboo words that bother people. So your parents would tell you if you say them words, you're gonna go to hell. But in that by them using those words, using that theory, saying fuck, it's gonna send you to hell, they and themselves are are creating something blasphemous. So if anybody's going to hell, it's your fucking parents for lying to you all these years, because I think profanity is just an explanation point you put into a sentence.
Speaker 1: You don't give.
Speaker 3: You example, your mother says, don't take the car. Your dad just don't touch my mother fucking car. What he did is he took a word, brought it into the sentence that brought your attention, because the car can't fuck more or less fuck his bitch, you see what I'm saying. So when we say these words, it's like they're just explanation points so to add to the statement. But they don't have they don't hold any marriage, They don't you know, bullshit?
Speaker 1: What is who have really ever seen bullshit? Like? You know what is a bull? How about dog shit?
Speaker 3: So I just use them so you know, and if you ask me not to, I won't. I can all so do that right, I can behave if it bothers you, offend you. But if I'm speaking freely, which I feel like I'm on drink champ.
Speaker 1: So occasionally the.
Speaker 3: Occasionally they'll pop out, and like you early said some about gangster rap, when I started rapping, I would curse or use profanity. That was new, that was new people to actually get on the record and just say talk the way people talk.
Speaker 1: That was new.
Speaker 2: It's like pain on the cameras.
Speaker 3: How old was you when I started rapping? I was about twenty six. Wow, Okay, I didn't start early. I actually had been in the streets, so I had some experience. You know, my wife would listening to rappers. He's like nineteen. I like, He's like, so, how could they have done all that? I said, they haven't. They haven't. I twenty seven. I've been in the military. I lived, I've been out there. I tried my luck in the streets. So by the time I was wrapping, my ship was loaded with information.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, twenty seven.
Speaker 2: What year was that?
Speaker 1: When you don't know, I don't know. I'm older those you know. I graduate from high school seventy six. Okay, I was born in seventy seven, Just seventy five.
Speaker 3: Don't make me sountu that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the last night you're hanging out, I got you to drink a glass of champagne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told you I don't drink, but I socially sip. Socially sip socially anywhere. But when you're socially sip, is it always champagne? I sometimes, like I'm out with my wife, She'll drink cranberry and vodka. And you know, depending on how you mix it can it's just you know, you can mix it strong. Sometimes I sip kolua and milk, which is kind of like Starbucks. Okay, yeah, yeah, you know I've drank Jaeger mind like when people when I tell people I don't drink, what I mean is I don't.
Speaker 1: See a lot of shit. I don't sit at home. I don't sit at home and drink.
Speaker 3: You know, the homie just sitting home in it two in afternoon with the bourbon, like looking at television and it's on and that nigga and that's not me. And I never really drank when I was hanging out because I felt to compromised my position. I never thought being drunk was attractive. But hold home home for men or women because because yesterday you said you didn't, you didn't never taste it.
Speaker 5: I never tasted as so you introduced me to it. And it's decent what I did. What I didn't realize is you on holes. Not discrepancy, but misunderstanding about ninety nine problems.
Speaker 3: Well, think about the ninety let's go you want to go into jay Z.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wants to get right. You know, he owes this that vein the number love for Jigger. That's right.
Speaker 3: I knew Jagger. I met jay Z way back in the day. Day came brought him to my house back when he was with Jazzo.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Jay Z was just a kid, so he wasn't really too much, but he was just there with Cain Kane was the boss.
Speaker 1: Everybody they take.
Speaker 3: See what happens in this podcast world is they'll take something I'm saying right now and they'll edit it with another something from someplace else, and it'll turned into a conversation.
Speaker 1: That not is not real.
Speaker 3: There's no beef between me and jay Z and ninety nine problems. But a lot of people didn't know that that was originally my song. So when they asked me about it, I said, that's originally my song. Then the podcast will go see Jay stole it.
Speaker 1: Jay did not steal it.
Speaker 3: You just explained to something playing in it. So you want to know the story the ninety nine problems. Since we're gonna drink here, let's go. I was with Brother Marquise from two Live Crew and Joe Brother Marquis was talking about whoop there it is? Now do you know the story behind woop there?
Speaker 1: It is? Whoop there it is?
Speaker 3: Is what they used to say a Magic City when the girls would bend over and you could see they pussy wow.
Speaker 1: I learned what.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Tag team with the DJs and Magic City, I now makes sense.
Speaker 1: So when the girls but.
Speaker 5: It is because I just want to be clear. Magic City is a strip at yeah left, I'll tell you my Miami.
Speaker 2: Because he said, brother, Marquis.
Speaker 3: Atlanta tag team where the DJ's in the club. They were the strip club DJs, and that was what they say when the girl a whooped there it is? So now that became a big hit record. Marquis's at my house. He's like nigga.
Speaker 1: I was sitting there on them nights.
Speaker 2: That was the phrase. It pays, you know.
Speaker 3: And then out of nowhere, he said, man, I got nine or nine probably, but bitch ain't won. I said, what the fuck did you just say? He said, I got note. I said that's a record. Mark, that's a record. So he says, okay, fuck with it. So I write the record. I got a hold from the east, I got a hole from the West. I got a hold of likes and jacket off and rub it in the chest. I got a bitchman North, a bitchman South, A bitches like the sucking long and hold it in the mouth.
Speaker 1: I got a.
Speaker 3: Bitch with air, a bitch with none, a bitch with a knife, a bitch with a gun, a bitch with a as big as a TV set. And it's a bitch over there, hey, the one I'm gonna get.
Speaker 1: But yo, what maybe not? She may not like me though, no sweat to a vet.
Speaker 3: A fuck a sister though word, I rocked the whole damn herd, fuck them all and put them on the curb. I got a bitch with a mink who rocks, a fat gold link who likes to fuck me with an ass upon the kitchen sink. I got a bitch with tits, a bitch with ass, a bitch with none, But hey, I give her a pass. And I love them all. I love them crazily and they love me back. That's why they stay with me. So if you're having girl problems out for baby your son, I got ninety nine problem. So that was that was. That was on the home invasion. Now so it's more, you know, it goes on and on, and Marquise says, ryme, So, so what happens the way the story goes, Rick Rubin was producing jay Z in the studio and Chris Rock was there. This is the story I got Chris is an iced Tea fan because we bonded from New jack City.
Speaker 1: Hooky Pooky, that's my look, I saved this life. Well he got killed Poogy got it later.
Speaker 3: So he calling me. So Apparently they said Chris gave Rick the idea to do nine nine proms and so that's where they decided to do the song. The cold thing is jay Z when he did the song, he even took the hit that.
Speaker 1: The got me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, damn, he got that. But so she does the record The Rector is a hit.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I had a publishing deal with Warner Brothers. When you anybody knows what a publishing deal is. You can sell your publishing to people for a year and and they will give you the money.
Speaker 1: I want to I don't know, Okay, okay, it was Warner so it could have been it could have been Universe. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I had a publishing deal so for that year they pay you at front, like say For instance, over a year, you might make two three hundred thousand on your publishing. With a publishing deal, you say, give me that up front, and then after that number will split it fifty to fifty and then at the end of the year I get it back and I could do it. So that's a publishing deal. During the time I did the nine nine Problems, I was in a publishing deal, so that money just I didn't get paid. It went off to the deal and that's how it happened. Jay Z didn't steal it. So the end of the story is it hits the internet and everybody teased pistol.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm not even pisted. It's tripped for somebody to say you mad and you're not mad. I'm like, I'm not mad. Why are they're making me mad? Right? So I'm at the Grammys. So I see jay Z right now.
Speaker 3: Now, jay Z is another has turned into a whole nother thing, right, you know, But I respect that. Once he got married, he like, he's now I respect marriage. Okay, Okay, I can't we don't, you know. So anyway, I see him and he smiles at me. He goes, is you mad at me?
Speaker 1: He said no. He says, you know I love you, right, I said I love you. I said yeah, and he said I said, jay Z, that's not by my work, right. And so then at the end I said, but Jay.
Speaker 3: During it, at the end of the record, you could have said I.
Speaker 1: I could have used it. I'm not a billionaire, Jay, you know.
Speaker 3: But no, no, all love and you know, once again, this is what the press can do and steer shipping beef.
Speaker 1: That's not every beef.
Speaker 2: To be clear, though, did your publishing collect off of that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they did.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure they did. I'm sure they did. But no, there was no check written. I didn't get nothing like that. I mean, just recently. Ice Cube is a neat teenage ninja mutant t N Turtles, right, and so I'm watching TV and I hear the fucking Turtles say, uh, six in the morning, police at my door. No way, right, you heard it? That's your ship, right. So I got paid. That goes to publishing and stuff like that. And I got a little check because I got my publishing back. Now I own my publisher. So I got a check. I want to tell tell you, but I got paid. I was like, okay, So yeah, it's publishing Jamie.
Speaker 1: I know he's not drinking, but can we go over him a glass of champagne?
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me, give me something, give me, give me something from the top shelf.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, yeah, I don't have no beef nobody. Man, I've made managed to navigate this, this hip hop ship without any drama with any What leads to my next question here, Well.
Speaker 1: I'm a hustler.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm your pusher, right that L Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got the crackhead taking everybody else's music. But when you over him music the cracker and said no, man.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to LLL's.
Speaker 2: It's called drink Champs or beat champ.
Speaker 5: As a fan, I want to know how that started.
Speaker 1: I got it, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 3: Okay, this story has been told, but this is how it happened. L was LL was the nigga at the time. LLLL was out, you know, insurmountable beat subject of discussion. You're motivated by that. I need so I'm into ll Right, But ll had came out and said I'm the greatest all time.
Speaker 1: Early in his career, he started to go thing, Okay, I'm coming from L a.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to be a hot rapper, so I had to go at him.
Speaker 1: That's just the culture. So I took off on l A.
Speaker 3: Fuck this nigga, like that's what's happening, right, not like I want to shoot him, just fuck you. You ain't the best rapper at the time, I thought, But I was a pretty good rapper, okay.
Speaker 1: And that's what it was.
Speaker 3: I started it pretty much.
Speaker 1: That's it. I started it right.
Speaker 3: So lll comes back with the break of Dawn. He he just me call me a little rap raccoon and some shit. Because I had the ponytail and we was about to come back. I had another song called open Contract, right, and at that point Lle wanted to be part of Zulu Nation. And at that time I was higher up in Zulu because Africa Islam. It put me in the game, so was the president design. So they come to me asking me, can l be in Zulu. I'm like, nah, no, I can't so because I had a little power.
Speaker 1: So it went back and forth and stuff.
Speaker 3: But Bam Bob at the time just said, yo, we need peace, peace, peace peace. So me and Elle agreed not to talk shit about each other. We didn't do no handshakes of hugs and kisses or make record. We just said, you know, you squashed it. We agree not to be at each other. So I never said anything else negative about l He never said anything else negative about me. Fast forward twenty years, We're in Monte Carlo at a television convention.
Speaker 1: Right to skip over Monte Carlo maybe the flyest spot in the world.
Speaker 3: French motherfucking riviera, y'achs everywhere.
Speaker 1: And it's immediately now. We weren't on a vacation.
Speaker 3: It was a TV convention where people from television in the United States would go over there, and they had like the award ceremony and all that old bullshit. So I'm over there and I look across the thing. I see El cool Jay something to walk over the l up cool Jay. Right, twenty years, we have never really talked.
Speaker 1: Have yall saw each other and not talk or never?
Speaker 2: We never crossed paths.
Speaker 3: Okay, continue, we never crossed paths, but it was never no real beef.
Speaker 1: It was just rap shit. You can't have beefing money callo anyway.
Speaker 2: So what if it's disrespectful squash that ship there?
Speaker 3: I mean, it all depends on who you some ship.
Speaker 2: Is on site.
Speaker 3: So so so anyway, I walked over to L I said, Yo, man, little lilong years with this, that and the third man.
Speaker 1: You know, just want to let you know, you know, even even.
Speaker 3: Back then, what I you know, I just I didn't necessarily apologize. I just clarified my position that I wasn't mad or we wasn't tight. He said, ice, it was the culture, man, and that's like that. And then he turned he said, man, I need you, He says, I got up. I'm doing this rock the Bells radio and I need to get at you so me and you could show our you know, this this right for the culture. And since then, me and ll I've been on his podcast I'm not a podcast but live stream and we chopped it up and we would just recently at the Grammys together.
Speaker 1: I mean, see real beefs real beef.
Speaker 3: Real beef never dies, real beef, real beef is murdered.
Speaker 1: Right death, that's that never dies. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: You know, if somebody killed somebody that you love, that's not going no much. We ain't hugging lady nigga. You know what I'm saying. But everything else is not necessarily real beef. Somebody ripped you off some money, this, that, and the other. You might be able to get over that, you know. So rap shit is not nowhere near real beef. That's not real, you know, not in my book.
Speaker 1: That's real ship. So again, sorry, there we go. Be anybody else who is looking to that too?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's just say something.
Speaker 1: Last time year. We want to talk about that.
Speaker 5: Last night, were out and you play. We play on the speaker all night. They're playing the War Report. You're playing one of.
Speaker 2: Noggs Sanvers graduate. Hold on, let me.
Speaker 1: Builds up to it.
Speaker 5: So I'm sitting there and I usually be like, come on, because I don't want to hear my own ship. That one day right then too, it's like, you know it was a different center, but I didn't say nothing to you, and I just you walk.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 5: Today is the twenty sixth anniversary of the Ward Court.
Speaker 1: How the fuck did I didn't even know?
Speaker 5: I keep playing this shit all late and I'm looking and I was just like, I usually, please, man, I don't want to hear my own ship, but for some reason, I was just like, I can't tell ice nothing. Sit I wake up this morning and all I see, I was like, I said, this motherfucker told me. It was basically like you was telling me that last night.
Speaker 3: Look, Norie, this is what you don't understand to me, right, That's who you are to me, right, you know, like La, we had our rappers, our gangster rappers, whether it was Spice one or myself or bick a Few one, all all all us ghetto boys. But we knew who was doing this similar shit in west on the East coast Queens to us was the most replicated gangster rap, the best, whether it's mob deep with its nas. I mean, also we gotta go with Mop, you gotta go with Kopona, Nori Yega. We know who is doing that shit. That a political gangster shit, gangster shit. Gangster rap is a political It means like fuck the laws. I am the law, and this is how I see shit. You cost me you die. That's gangster rap, right, That's what Nori and there was Iraq and all that bloody money like yo were like who these.
Speaker 2: Niggas, Who these niggas?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah who yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm feeling that right now I see him like now people see me as the police.
Speaker 1: But when I.
Speaker 3: Right right, Because if you're twenty, I've been on TV twenty five years playing the car. So if you see me on TV you twenty one, twenty two, you have no reference point to me as anything other than that. My reference point to Nori is not drink champs, but it's the what what what like that you know, like you get shot ship right.
Speaker 1: And I don't even think a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Who really set up with him on here realize how dangerous his music was or is. They don't they they get it even if they caught the end of it when they you know, they like, you know a lot of candles swim laps around, ain't you? That's not that gangster ship that niggas was doing earlier.
Speaker 1: The early ship was violent.
Speaker 3: Which I like, right, So I come in bumping that ship through my little speaker. I still listen to that, said me right now. If you're in my car, we listen to Mob Deep. We listening to that kind of heavy ship. I just it puts me in a zone, It keeps me on like this. I love it.
Speaker 2: Look, this is my reference point.
Speaker 1: That this is one of my favorite albums. Thank you Original Gangster.
Speaker 5: So I was gonna wear my rich Yard. But I said, let me remote warrior because of the camouflage.
Speaker 1: It's only gangs, it's only what do you have on? It's another Richard. Why you say Richard because I'm.
Speaker 5: Trying to sound I'm trying to sound rich That's how they pronounced it.
Speaker 1: Right, Richard, Richard Richard mill. I thought he was going with the other Richard that he had on yesterday.
Speaker 5: He just busted another one. Come on, that makes no noise for that motherfucker. Another thing we were talking about was don't get me robbed.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you're good. You're good.
Speaker 3: I mean telling niggas. He's swatches. They look like swatches. They looked like Swatch swatches, like.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, come on, man, one time where jewelry. One thing. One thing that was funny is.
Speaker 5: We were talking yesterday and you said that how at that time you was frowned upon to join a TV show, you was looked at like a Will Smith or like like like you know, like like he was looking like you was selling out at that time.
Speaker 1: Look do everything I done.
Speaker 3: It seemed weird to nick Is in the street, like when I start rapping niggas like you're a rapper, like you rapping like nigga, we getting money, nigga. We were out here doing our ship, you know, you rapping like it was whack till they all went to prison and came home and now they work for me, you know.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: But at the time, like, nigga, you better come get this money. Stop playing with rapt niggas like they were. We was wat like nigga, you dance, nigga. We don't dance nigga like.
Speaker 2: You know you was a B boy he was out there.
Speaker 1: But I liked it.
Speaker 3: See I got I got hit by the hip hop bug I wanted to be a DJ, a B boy all that. But my street cats that was not happy because there was no money in it. It ain't no money in it. They like, why are you doing it? Waste time? So I would hustle on the week and on the weekends I would go to the club and beat and play rapper. But as far as being an actor, of course, when I started acting, no one had acted yet. Nobody will Smith, nobody, nobody. I was the first rapper to take on a dramatic role.
Speaker 1: And what role was that? Uh? My firsd very first role has to be New Jack City.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was the first time because you had tougher than leather. Correct me if I'm wrong. You had tougher than leather. You had, you had a beach streets, you had crush groove but nobody. But at that time, the rappers were playing rat right right right, So I had to play a cop and that was That was a trip too, because that was the year I dropped the original Gangster album. I was terrified. I thought I was committing career suicide. Yeah, but uh, you know, I took the chance I got. I told you that story. I got pressed like I used to get my hair done right. You know, remember I had the prom I was my shit was more wavy than the ships in the Navy. Yeah, because as a player, as a player, you have to outmatch a bitch. You gotta you gotta look better than a bitch. That's the came That's part of being a player. You gotta have your nails done better, you gotta dress better, your hair gotta grow longer. You have to outmatch them. Like you know, you in that weave. You know that ain't your nails. So you're gonna bow down to this company. You understand what I'm saying. So that's where I was. It's totally lost because they have to understand it. They understand it. You know that that I'm flying you. Let's get that straight off the top. So I was in my place getting my hair done. I just get my hair done twice a week, and I said, I got a chance to be in a movie. And the girl Pearl who did my hair, was like, and you ain't gonna take it because I didn't want to.
Speaker 1: Play the police. I was questioning.
Speaker 3: She said, nigga, all you niggas is running around here doing all this crime shit and you talking about no opportunities, and this is the opportunity. If you do not take it, you a real life sucker. And this is a woman called me a sucker. Keep real live sucker. You you this is your chance.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 3: You're gonna keep it one hundred forever because I know how you cut. But don't let this fuck you up, you know. But then and then then that was first one. Then I talked to one of my real g's nelsy rest in peace. He's like, why are you worry about playing police?
Speaker 2: Niggas?
Speaker 3: Know you ain't no motherfucking police. While you worried about that shit. Nigga, you gotta get that paper. And then I would call my I talked to my other homies. I say, yo, man, they want me to be in a movie.
Speaker 1: Play police.
Speaker 3: They'd be like, word, should I be in a movie? Call people in jail? Yo, they want me to. I know you in the bowels of the devil.
Speaker 1: I know you stuck.
Speaker 3: You want me to. I want to pay the police. If I was home, could I be in a movie?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: So everybody said, go do it, do it, do it. I didn't do Jack City, you know, And that was my first movie, and then the show Benness. If the movie you're in makes money, you'll be in another movie.
Speaker 1: And then you did New York Undercover.
Speaker 3: Right see New York Gonna covers another story where I was at my house in Hollywood Hills. At this time I was living. I was I was elevated out the hood. I mean, I'm in the hills. You ever see MTV cribs while.
Speaker 1: You open this up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the motherfucking house with your brains blown out? Who had a convertible house? DJ Callan ain't even still got a convertible house.
Speaker 1: Champagne, take us with champagne. Goddamn, they got a convertible house. They can stop. Let's get to the convertible house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is some good ship. I've tasted champagnes before. I know dom is nice. A good champagne. When it gets in your mouth, it evaporates, exactly if you're taking wax champagne. When you it tastes like you're drinking seven up. All right, anyway, convertible house. I'm at the convertible house, fab five. Freddy's at the crib. One of my o g shout out to Fried from Wild.
Speaker 2: He was there.
Speaker 3: He's a Day one hip hop. Certain people are Day one. So he's talking to me in my house. He's telling me we should I should turn my living room into a planetarium like shit, and so I could have stars up there, so we could show the hose of constellations.
Speaker 1: I can't make this ship up. Freddie gonna laugh, so Andre Herrel hits him up.
Speaker 3: Rest in peace. Andre Herrel is like you at I used to crib tell. I used to come Beyond be on New York Undercover. So I told Andre fucked that. I said, that's a rip off of New Jack City. Fuck you in case you having checked, I'm doing movies right now. Nigga, I don't do TV, so I'm on my bullshit right because I was doing a movie. I'm doing a movie with Keanu Reeves and Ship. I was like, nigga, I'm in the hills. I was a little bit was a little bit full of myself at that point, really coming to Andre because I knew Andre from Chuckling hwe day. Oh come on, Oh you too big now that's what black people did. Yeah, you too big? Now, you can't fuck with us. I said, all right, give me a bad guy roll and I'll do it. And I did Danny Up. Then I did one episode and Dick Wolf basically said, I don't want to kill Ice. Will he do two more episodes? It was a guy in the first episode, and that's when I came back. I shot Malik Yoba's girl cut fingers off. Then let me wile out two episodes and that was my first working with Dick Wolf. And after that I did Swift Justice, one of his shows. Then I did Law and Order Exiled, then I did I had my own show Players, which is on for a season, and then I got called to do SVU, which was only supposed to be a four episode arc, and I went on there for four episodes.
Speaker 1: I've been on there twenty.
Speaker 2: So I started from New York Undercover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dick Wolf is the producer of all those shows.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 3: Dick Wolf has nine shows in primetime right now. Nine shows. He has Law and Order SVU, Organized Crime. He has FBI, FBI Most Wanted, FBI International, Chicago, PD Chicago, MED Chicago. Nine shows in primetime. Yeah, he's not to be fuckless. And it's checks, and it's check's clear. Never never been laid on a payment nothing. That man is the man is the real deal.
Speaker 5: Everybody else is in Hollywood has complaining about the strike.
Speaker 2: How come the writers strike?
Speaker 1: The writer strike? How come Law and Order is in I'm complaining. I'm not. I'm not complaining about it. But it's fucking with my paper because you're not filming as long as the strike is happening.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm down here. I'm on hiatus. We broke. We broke in May. We're supposed to go back right after July, and we probably won't, so we'll we'll actually maybe go in say August. But with Law and Order, we shoot, you shoot three episodes a month, so right, it takes eight days to shoot an episode, eight days at a weekend, ten days, so thirty days. So you're doing three episodes a month as a series regularly.
Speaker 5: Days you're feeling out the month days eight for each episode each Oh my god.
Speaker 3: But you're only in the scenes you're in. So say out of the eight days, there's forty five scenes. I could be in ten scenes. I could be in twenty scenes. I could be in one scene. But you get paid at an episodic rate. So if I say huh, I get the same check as if I act. Though it's like being in the NBA. If I sit on the bench, I get paid.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So when they tell you, Nori, we want you in for twenty two episodes, and your episodic rate is whatever, I don't know what. If it abys one hundred thousand, then you times that time twenty three and that's what you make that year. If you're making five hundred thousand an episode, you multiply it, so you know, it becomes lucrative.
Speaker 1: It becomes lucrative.
Speaker 3: But when they have acted strike, they start taking away episodes.
Speaker 1: That's money, right, But I.
Speaker 3: Gotta stand with the I stand with the writers because you.
Speaker 1: Know what it's all about complaining about it's streaming.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, in the whole AI stuff too.
Speaker 1: The hip should be doing that. Then, well hip hop.
Speaker 3: I don't understand hip hop's streaming. But you know right now, like you see me on NBC, so you get residuals. But then they got you on Peacock and they don't really they ain't even talking about how that money is what's happening. So the writers just like hold up everything because they'll just keep going. They'll just keep going and taking the money until you So they had to stop the boat for a minute, like we need to dress this hip hop's streaming. I don't understand it. I really don't music. I used to sell records. You went in the store, you bought the motherfucking record. They had a sound scan. Now Snoop is like, now you do a billion streams, they give you a check for forty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Right, who came up with that?
Speaker 3: What that math? What's the algorithm? And how do you even.
Speaker 1: Know if it's a real algorithm?
Speaker 3: You just trusting I don't And then you get golden platinum records, But no one bought the records.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see it all the time. Why have you never even heard of holding up they golden platinum.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of my records. I'm proud.
Speaker 3: I actually you know, people bought the record. You think think of Think lord, you saw a million records. Think of it like this, a stadium fill to the top. It's like one hundred thousand people fill that stadium ten times. That's how many people walk into a store and bought your record, not push the button, walked in and purchased it. That's big them days. Is big this push Now you can buy one song out.
Speaker 1: Of an album. Well, I had singles before.
Speaker 3: Now, but I would put out singles that weren't out. You would buy the singles. I would send them to the DJs, and I would to make you buy the album. The game has changed. All games have changed tremendously. That's why I changed games m.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: One thing we was talking about was a lot of people don't realize you wasn't even in colors.
Speaker 1: No, no, who didn't realize that.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of people who would swear, I mean I loved you in colors.
Speaker 1: I'm like Nigga, I was not in.
Speaker 2: I mean he was technically with the music, and the song was so big.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear his color Story Colored Story is like this. I was already signed to Warner Brothers. I was early signed to Warner Brothers. It was a Warner Brothers movie, so they wanted to use a song. I wrote, Oh, this is dope, the Thunder. I had the Thunder brought in for my for my enerview to keep it gone. So oh so Warner Brothers had the movie. So what they wanted to use Squeeze the Trigger for the movie because it was like a hardcore record at the time to be in the Gang bangor movie. So I knew that if someone wants to use your record in a movie. I told Nori this yesterday, you can ask to see the movie. If you're an artist out there and they say they want to put your movie in your song in any movie, you can, as a publisher say I need to see the movie. I don't know if I want my record involved in this particular movie or where they're gonna place it in the movie. You know, they might want to place it in some bullshit. You're like, Nah, that ain't cool.
Speaker 1: Fuck that.
Speaker 3: I wanted the money. I wasn't gonna turn it down, but I played the card I need to see the movie, right, So we went to see Colors private screening, private screening. It was fake to me because the Mexicans don't fight the blacks in La. If that ever happened, it would be the apocalypse. Second thing, that that scene where they played Colors, where the Crips and the Bloods meeting up in the county. It can't happen. But by the time you get to that point, you in the jumpsuits and the Bloods and Crips never come connected because the cryps is like in thirty eight hundred, they're different modules they put them in.
Speaker 1: So that was fake. You know.
Speaker 3: They had on the Colors. They spang it under that that was my movie shit. So I got past that. I said, well who did this? Who did the title song? And they say Rick James.
Speaker 1: Because they still own the soundtrack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hunt down the Colors soundtrack. Go to the last song on the B side, and it's a song by Rick James called Everywhere I Go Colors.
Speaker 1: Look at all these colors, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Rick James, Come on, man, I was like, Rick James, you the nigga, But this is not your area, so that expertise. So now I'm riding home with Africa Islam. We saw it and I said, man, we're gonna make a title song. We literally went right from the screen into the studio. Now, at the time I was listening, I was vibing off of King's Son. King's Son has a song called Mythological and Mythological Goal. It opens says when I get ill, it's a reason because it's Duk season Hunter of the Front. Here I come, I am a nightmare walk talking. King was just again I'm rocking that Cadence a King Son ship. And then we just put the record together and so I turn it in and they flipped, oh, this is incredible. It's incredible, and uh I got an MTV Award for it.
Speaker 1: Dotty.
Speaker 3: That record is not on any iced tea albums and it went platinum, triple platinum and bullshit.
Speaker 1: But it's one of the.
Speaker 3: Most of my big hits were soundtracks. When I did New Jack City, Yeah, that's an incredible record. When I did New Jack City, I wanted to do the song for that, but I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Call it, So I was like.
Speaker 3: I can't really do Scottie's song. Because he's police. So I do Nino's sing. So George Jackson rest in Peace was a producer. I come on, I see you know, you know we'll get somebody out.
Speaker 1: He wants you to r respective of the cop. He just didn't know what I could do.
Speaker 3: Okay, He thought he had to go out and get somebody else to do some gags and shit like I more Nino, And so I did put that ship in the hustler word. I pulled the trigger along, griped my teeth, sprayed every niggas gone, got the block soon, arm of dope spots, last thing I sweat to sucker punk cop. He was like, Yo, this ship is hard. So we put the hustler bow. That was number one on that album. That album went super platinum. So yeah, I got a lot of I got a lot of record sales away from my actual albums.
Speaker 1: Sip to that.
Speaker 5: Come on, yeah, well let's let's let's stay off through jack City for a second.
Speaker 1: Do you know how I think that movie was and when you're making it?
Speaker 5: Was making it? Did two ball question? Did you know he was making a class now?
Speaker 3: It was a low budget film and Mario van Peoples, right, Mario van peoples directing it, and everybody in it was new Jacks. Wesley had only done Major League. Wesley had only done Major League, and I think a spike lea joint. Chris Rock was the hottest streak comedian. I mean he wasn't big Chris Rock. Yeah, I was time I ever seen Chris Rock. I was just a rapper, you know, and I believed he.
Speaker 1: Was a crackhead. I mean I was good acting. I didn't know. I didn't know like I thought that's what he was.
Speaker 3: Right, So they figured, well, I see it, so minions of records, maybe that'll translate. Plus they wanted somebody a little gangster and somebody a little political, right. But they were more concerned with me being able to go undercovering full Nino Brown than actually playing the police.
Speaker 1: See, you could take teach.
Speaker 3: A player how to play a square, but you can't teach a square to play a player. They can't pull it off. So it was more important when I got around Nino that Nino could believe I was actually live with him. That part where I'm in the pool, I go, I got your back. You didin't what I'm saying. So I was dirty like that. I got him. But everybody during that movie, NOI we were huddling, like we were doing the scene and everybody would huddle and like what do you think you know? Because everything and the movie was five million dollars at the end, they got a completion bond for two more million. It cost seven million dollars to make New Jack City seven million. They shoot videos like, yeah it was Law and Order episode costs eight million dollars, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a It was a very uh interesting procedure. Working with Wes. Wesley was dope. Here's a funny story. So we go into the reading. We're going to read, right, So me and Chris Rock are new So we walk in and Wesley Snip's come in and the motherfucker got a leather his his his script is in a leather bound folder, opens it up, notes on every page. Me and Chris Ross, Chris folded up in our back pocket. You're like, oh shit, is a real actor, Like oh shit, we were nervous as a motherfucker. But Wes west woods with us, and you don't know you're making a classic movie at the time, you know, you don't know that.
Speaker 1: But Mario did his thing right. Could there be in New Jack City too.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so, because it was an era movie about an era. Yeah, but what have Nino? Oh no, no, they been back then. There was supposed to be a Nina too.
Speaker 5: Like Nino brown Son or maybe or maybe before he became Nino brown Some ship you should.
Speaker 2: Have updated, Yeah, just just something.
Speaker 3: Try to do Superfly? How are you gonna do some fly without a nigga with a perm? You know you can't run on Steve, you know that's it, yo, man, I got to kill I got to get out the game for you know, I got to ice a motherfucker and one of these motherfuckers ice me. I live off of that line, right, But New Jack City what we weren't. We had the potential to do part two, But I got in trouble with Top Killer and Wesley, and Wesley went and did uh demolition Man and they paid him like seven million.
Speaker 1: That's when he got the Burger Blonde here. Yeah, but then he got he got the bag.
Speaker 3: So once he got the bag, he can't come back and play with us in the street no more.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: He he elevated and then I got in trouble and uh yeah, but the New Jack City part to Wesley wasn't supposed to die based on a lot of people. The guy out of Frisco who had a dope or a dope uh well internal situation. He had a building where you would buy the drugs and do the drugs in the same place. I wish I could remember the guy's name, but it was famous hustling. So that's kind of based on that. But no, no San Francisco.
Speaker 5: Nose out of the years, no bars neither.
Speaker 3: It's a Frisco hustler. But you know, it doesn't really matter. It's probably I mean, I can't it probably had a little bit of everything that they were implementing other you know, Nino was a mixture of all drug dealers put together. So I cannot say that, but I know that the actual Carter was based on something that was happening up in Frisco.
Speaker 1: People showing from But people used.
Speaker 2: To say, like, you're pushing this, you're pushing it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know the thing of this.
Speaker 3: People have all kinds of ideas about what happened. But being on the ground in the movie, if you probably do research right now and find out go and check the internet, has it all Felix Mitchell.
Speaker 1: See just google instatly Felix Mitchell. And if you rech if you check.
Speaker 3: His his his hustle, you'll see he had he had that type of thing going and they build off of that. They build off of that, take a little drug dealership from this guy.
Speaker 2: From that, it's all influence. They did the same with Scarface. There was a bunch of people that they created to make Scarface.
Speaker 3: Can they use it as influence? So based on them, So.
Speaker 5: New Jack City at the time, you're against the rapper, making against the music.
Speaker 1: How do you study for that role?
Speaker 5: How do you do It's because it's the exact opposite of what you represent and who you are, So how do you you do that?
Speaker 3: I was scared, Norrie, I was scared. I thought, like I said, I thought it was career suicide. But then I got all my people saying, man, this is a chance.
Speaker 1: Right, there's no studying. You just act. Acting is make believe it's acts.
Speaker 3: Anybody in here, we all have had enough experience with the cops. You can act like a cop. When I'm on New York, when I'm on Law and Order, right before I do the scene, I just go asshole asshole, asshole, and then I talk down to you. But dig this, playing a cop and playing a gangster is the exact same acting, exact same acting. Playing a cop and playing a gangster is the exact same actor. We both got a gun, we both got an attitude, we both want answers, so there will be a consequence, and we talked to you in that manner.
Speaker 1: See, so the police.
Speaker 3: Talk to you, they talk down to you like, motherfucker, you're finna answer my motherfucking question. I am the law. The gangsters like fuck you. But it's the same exact energy.
Speaker 1: It's the same.
Speaker 3: So like when you see me on Law and Order and I'm interrogating somebody, I don't necessarily have to think about being a cop. I'm just like this motherfucker has an answer I need to get, and I'm leaning across.
Speaker 1: To him, just like Ice.
Speaker 3: She wouldn't you know, I'm this nigga was happening him and then But now I'm even worse than a gangster because I got the law, you know, so I could do whatever the fuck I want to you.
Speaker 1: So it's the same acting.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was live, when cats, when cats had too much ego, We knew they were the cops, like if we was with somebody, and like Homie don't care. He seems a little bit too much, like he ain't worried. He's not. He got his hammer on him, He's always talking shit. He's the police because you know, he had no fear and they usually were. And you brought that into the room, that it's me, you know, it's me, it's it's I think. I think the key of the key of acting is casting, you know, so you want to cast a tough guy. You pretty much want to find somebody at some point is tough and can put that in there on that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what I bring to the role. But whatever it is, people dig it, you know what I'm saying. So I don't know, Man, I don't know what the fuck it is. When you're acting, you're just doing it. And see the thing of this, you can't you can't say you're a great actor. The audience has to say. They got to believe it. So whatever I'm doing is working.
Speaker 1: Let's say that. Let's say that, Let's say that you.
Speaker 5: Got great, great actors. You got to work with Denzel Washington. How the funck was that?
Speaker 1: Denzel was so dope.
Speaker 3: First thing Denzel did was he came to my trailer and he zeroed out like he he came really cool, like he was talking to me as a friend and stuff and he's telling me stories. Because I guess later on I figured it out, like you can't just hit the stage and work with Denzel Washington if he's like this, If me and you got to play best friends, we gotta or I'm always gonna be like.
Speaker 1: I'm on the stage. I'm gonna acting with Denzel, you know you start.
Speaker 3: So he kind of chilled with me and talked to me, told me about his life to being on television, some personal things because I had to play his friend. And I never forget the first time I sat with him, Norri, I sat and we did a scene and he's telling jokes and shit.
Speaker 1: They said action.
Speaker 3: Denzel jumped in character all right and he said his shit and I flubbed my lines. He was like, come on, Ice, like, let's go. I'm like, oh, I see what you doing. You dribbling between your legs. You're showing me that you can go from this to that quick. And at that point, I said, I want to learn how to act.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 3: See, the thing of it is with acting anything, nobody is anything. You're not born anything. You become a basketball player. You start off as a fan. We aren't rappers. We taught ourselves how to rap. You're not anything, so any You could do anything if you're willing to take the time.
Speaker 1: To learn how to do it, but you gotta want to do it.
Speaker 3: If I want you to act and you never really wanted to act, you're not gonna get it. But if you wanted to and you're willing to apply yourself, you could do it. You know, nobody's a concert pianist. You've practiced, so once you get that understanding, you can pretty much be what you want to be because nobody is anything at birth.
Speaker 1: We all started off fans.
Speaker 3: I started off listening to Melly melling them, I'm like, yo, I do of how they rhyme those words together.
Speaker 1: And I try to practice. You start off you whack.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start somewhere and then you get.
Speaker 1: Better, you get better. I want to play play you. You got the clip? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh ship, yeah, but you got some fat baby, mamabaut I, what kind of side track is play the clip?
Speaker 1: Clip?
Speaker 2: I thought we was homies.
Speaker 1: From what you said, squeeze, yeah respectfully. Yeah, yeah, it was respectively.
Speaker 2: It was a Halloween far true.
Speaker 1: It was a crazy story. I lovely walked into my god. I walked up to him and I said, it's like she had on like Kim right.
Speaker 6: So I walked into him. I was like, bro, all the expect I wanted last really long, you know what, call over and.
Speaker 1: He brushed his up in her ear and she looked at him.
Speaker 6: Smile and it looked at me his smile and turned around and been the thing over when I grabbed as much about.
Speaker 1: Free sure you.
Speaker 3: Want it went the backstory? Yeah it was Halloween. Did he say that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said that. I think Halloween party. Said it was a Halloween party. And I've been knowing Neo.
Speaker 3: I like Neo, you know, I've seen him when he first started, and I've always been a fan. And also I was inspired by a young kid making this move. So Neo me had a cool relationship. So we had the party and stuff, and it's uh Halloween, So all the girls.
Speaker 1: Are extra hoish, right, extra hoish.
Speaker 3: So Coco had on some some some like booty shorts with the fish thats and ship and so he's in the booth with us.
Speaker 1: He didn't just walk up.
Speaker 3: He was hanging and stuff and Toko and then Rihanna was there too.
Speaker 1: Coco them was dancing.
Speaker 3: Coco Them's dancing, and I know that Nigga was just like gazing like yo.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was a lot of ass in the air, like it was. It was happening.
Speaker 2: So then he was like.
Speaker 1: He did to play a ship.
Speaker 3: He said, ice man, I always wanted to touch Coco's see you change the word he said.
Speaker 1: He didn't say grab her ass. That's someone touched Coco's booty. Could I do that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I was like, that was kind of.
Speaker 3: Player that he asked, you know, that kind of player that he had. He didn't ask the fingerbanger. He didn't have the fucker. He didn't have to sucker titty. He had to touch her butt, right. So I'm like, you know what, player, I could.
Speaker 2: Make that happen.
Speaker 3: I could make that happen. So I said, Coco, Nea want to touch a booty, let me touch your booty. She's like, okay, you know she's following instructures, you know, I say wow, So she bends over. Great, he touches the butt like that I'm like, it's like make a wish kid, you know now, Now, the fact the fact that Neo felt it was appropriate to bring this up in a Drink Chance interview, that was something maybe he should have kept to himself, you know. But I'm not mad at him because that means me. No, that was a moment in his life. You know, that was the moment, the moment in his life. It was a great moment, you know what I'm saying. Now, Then everybody watching, don't see me out with coke and ask for butt. Get to Neo's level first, you know, celebrity button.
Speaker 2: No, it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was some players and we was in a player mold that night.
Speaker 1: You know, everybody. It was flying sometimes it's fly like that. So what did you dress up? Ass? I don't know what I was. I think we was on some S and M ship that okay.
Speaker 3: I had on some leather ill vests, probably a ball gag on some old tech it and ship.
Speaker 1: We love We love Halloween.
Speaker 3: Women love Halloween because it's a night they can be freely hoish, you know everything, or you want to be a school teacher, sexy school teacher.
Speaker 2: You know whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Doctor, Yeah, that's a chance, and nobody can say nothing about it. That's say night. They just get it. They let it out. It's okay, and players dig it. Guys are like, that's cool. You know, I never had a problem with my girl being sexy. I'm like, you don't drive a Ferrari with the cover on it.
Speaker 1: You didn't, but some people do.
Speaker 3: That's cool, you know what I'm saying, Hey, wrap them up, that's your thing.
Speaker 5: But but you know, like like is there does your wife have stalkers or has he ever had a stalker?
Speaker 1: Now, my daughter had a stalker?
Speaker 2: Your daughter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my daughter, not my little daughter, my older daughter. How did that go?
Speaker 3: Well, let's go back to Coca. We had a couples one situation we had.
Speaker 1: We had a.
Speaker 3: We were we had an apartment and we move and so we go to the apartment and it's a car following us, and so we stop at Target and stuff. Yeah, we still shop at Target. We keep we at Target. T motherfuckers think that some point humans leave the planet, Like we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't eat a taco bell or we don't.
Speaker 2: Like, motherfucker, he goes to Target, Like, what your fuck?
Speaker 3: If you need Target ship, where do you go and you need Target type ship.
Speaker 1: They don't what time. Somebody said, Yo, you eat it, Denny's, you eat it. I hop them like, is there a Gucci egg? I said, some eggs someplace. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Egg is a fucking egg.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we are, we at Target and she says she sees the motherfuckers in the store, right, and so I'm like where when we come out? She says, and I escalade. So I'm like, all, ain't cool. So we go and she had to go to this nail spot, right. So we pull up and they pull out right. So I'm like, okay, we're finsa do this now. At this time, I'm not armed, but they don't know that, right, So I walk over to him. I'm like, what's happening. They're like, oh, man, we just pop araxis. I'm like, yeah, nigga, fall back. I said, stop following me, following me, man, stop playing?
Speaker 2: No, no, we could.
Speaker 1: They thought I had the hammer. I was like this, I didn't.
Speaker 2: You got you run, you know?
Speaker 3: So they fell back. But that was this one situation. My daughter, she lives in Atlanta, and uh, you know, my daughter's grown. So she calls me and she said, Daddy, this dude is following me and ship like that. So I said, okay, this is what you do. I know, you know niggas down there. Talk to some of your goons and tell them, say your father would like them to help you, right, because they all got.
Speaker 2: In love for me.
Speaker 1: They know who she is.
Speaker 3: So I said, get a couple of them, tell them to come to the house and just lay in the cut, right, So they want to do a favor for ic because that could pay back off.
Speaker 1: So did she get a couple of dudes.
Speaker 3: And sure enough, the dude pull up in the parking lot and she told them and they walked over to him. Just let him understand this is not a good career decision. Fall back. She got cousins, brothers and people that love her and we don't love you, so pull out. And that was the last she saw the dude. But she didn't really know how to activate homies. I said, activate them, so I told her, I said, when I go there atlant I want to meet those guys.
Speaker 1: So that's it.
Speaker 3: But no, no stalkers, you know, I mean, anybody could have a stalker, you know, we don't have any problems, like I get I think just knowing who I am and people like that, they kind of keep date this and and shit, she.
Speaker 1: Don't got only fans or nothing like that to do.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, she start only fans, but see Coco does Playboy level. See only fans. Hustle is DP. You could do anything on you. You can show your fee, you can cook dinner on the motherfuckers. So she had girlfriend that had one, So Coco's like, yo, what do you do on it?
Speaker 1: Coco?
Speaker 3: Coco's always done playboy level shit, swimsuit shit, that's her. You know, if you want to be on only fans, stick a refrigerator in your pussy, you could do that too.
Speaker 1: Jesus, you know what, you can do anything.
Speaker 3: But what you do, you can you put a page up, say this is not a poor in site.
Speaker 1: Blow blow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she made quite a bit of money. She makes quite a bit of money on that motherfucker. I understand why chicks don't want to work once they go on. They just like, why would I work when I could make sixty thousand whatever at least a lot.
Speaker 1: Because the subscriptions.
Speaker 3: But the thing of it is, it's like the chick has to set their limits. Like Zelia's on there, but she just just swim suit ship but she made like six her so you know you could be on that. But I mean, it's honestly, it makes more sense than Instagram. But you know what I'm saying, getting paid, You get paid, you got you have subscribers, and then you have paid and then you also put up stuff and you make them pay. But you know, it is what it is. Maybe this will help her get some more money. People say, well, you don't need the money. I say, when do will you not need? When do you not need the money? Like you know, it's it's a hustle man. Me and my wife are hustlers, right these flowers?
Speaker 5: Man, You listen to Ice our shows about giving people they flowers while they hear you know, so many people.
Speaker 1: Say that after ten years you washed up. We do not say that. We say that season we want to get.
Speaker 2: You drink alumna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I mean, I mean, at the end of the day, I think one thing about Ice Tea, and I think what people will figure out about me is that Ice is gonna.
Speaker 1: Do what the fuck he wants to do.
Speaker 3: You know, And I understood me put it up here where they can a camera can see.
Speaker 1: I want the camera to see. This is a real player ass shit.
Speaker 5: Yes, Stup said it's better than the GRAMM because it comes for his people.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, real talk. Goddamn it makes it look weed.
Speaker 2: This is good. But no man, you know brown weed too. By the way, we can't One thing we can't forget is that Yeat that you help pioneer the space that we're in now as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had a podcast, my first podcast, to call the Final Level Podcasts, and me and Mickey did it. Yeah, Mickey Benzon. I did fifty five episodes. They're available on someplace, some platform. But it wasn't my time. I couldn't do it. So I started doing it at my house. Right, so I do one person, but then if you're at my house, you stay all day, so it would take off of the day and I would do it on Saturday. So that burnt me out. Then I tried to do two a month, same thing, bust. It came over. Ray Kwan came over all that. Then I was like, I can't do it in my house no more because it was just the homies come over. The crib and they just lounge out, they like after the podcast on TV turned on the game.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: So then I tried to do them on Monday nights after Law and Order, but we were in the same studio tax and Taxon when it was we're up there speaker. Yeah, and it was cool, but I'm a no disrespect, but I kind of interviewed everybody I wanted to talk to. After about fifty people, I'm like, I really don't really want to talk to people now. Now they want content, and I'm like, well they're getting these people. I'm like, I'm not even interested in them, Like, I don't get a fuck. So I did all my homies. I didn't do no worry, but I did all the homies. And then at that time, you know, podcasts you make money based on how many views and you have ads.
Speaker 1: You know, it wasn't really lucrative enough.
Speaker 3: I was giving all the money to Mick and I just said, man, I got to pull the plug on this. My I can't. It wasn't it needs to be a full time gig. So you know, but I understand I know what this is. It's cool and it's fun, but I mean, fortunately, you guys have created a space where someone can come and talk comfortably and it's not with the bullshit.
Speaker 1: What made you even start a podcast? Like because you know.
Speaker 2: You were doing on internet you were doing on internet radio.
Speaker 1: First, let me just tell you how we said.
Speaker 5: They said we say that wan app was the first hip hop podcast, but I see was the first artist based podcast.
Speaker 1: So you like the cool work of this shit because in case you don't know, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people don't know, but they say those who say don't knowing, those who know don't say, so I I I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Tell you this, Noori, and this is the.
Speaker 3: I really didn't even like asking people questions, you get I found out at the end of it. I much preferred for you to ask me questions. Then to me, I just felt like I just didn't like it. After a while, you know, it's not my thing. You gotta find your thing. You gotta find your thing, and just prying in the motherfucker's lives was not my thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, I'm cool. Plus, you're making too much law and order money that was.
Speaker 3: Making well that that too. That That's when I'm saying it wasn't lucrative enough, like you're saying, I'm making a lot of money over the week. Then I come up here and I do this and it was time and then I have a baby daughter. This wasn't paying off. So I just like, now, I mean, now, if I was doing it, you guys are take it to another level. But at the time, it wasn't making that much money.
Speaker 2: So we thank you anyways, because you did.
Speaker 1: Rosenberg m Crawg so you could walk, so me and I Vin could fly. I was happy.
Speaker 3: I was happy when I when I saw you doing it, because I'm like, this is a good thing. Always felt that our culture should be reported on by our own culture. You know, I think one of the key parts of the death of hip hop was the source magazine going left. And you know, at one moment, all of a sudden public enemy wasn't hip Hey, our rest wasn't you and Benzino.
Speaker 5: The first time we interviewed you, you and Bizino had just seen each other, right, Beef TV, let me tell you take a yeah, tell us about that because I mean our fans from back.
Speaker 1: Then though, but he's a new fan.
Speaker 3: Be have beef TV. Okay, this is what happened I'll tell the true story. What happened was when I got in trouble at Warner Brothers and cop Killer hit the fan and they got rid of shit. Benzino Rso got caught in that shit. They got caught in that tail spin of they dropping gangster rap. Now body counts metal, but it also affected death Row or whatever aftermath when they remember they were getting ready to do a deal and then it fell back through because they pulled out, Warner pulled out.
Speaker 1: Something happened. Just not see the Lower's Tucker time, right, No, no, no, it was after see the Lord's Tucker.
Speaker 3: But my shit created a like a wave that fucked with a lot of people. So Benzino being Benzino in them when in some fuck ice t shit like like I folded it. I folded to Warner Brothers. I don't even really know you, Benzino, I'm not even I don't I have nothing to do with you. I didn't tell them if I get rid of them, I'm I did my shit.
Speaker 1: I'm doing my shit. He went on. One.
Speaker 3: Of course, everybody hears anybody you got niggas.
Speaker 1: Yo, When who are these niggas? They talking crazy?
Speaker 3: So I'm like I don't know where they're from Boston, so I don't know who they are. But whatever, right, we la right, So Benzino comes to La, So I'm d right, I'm at one of they situations.
Speaker 1: I can leave the house is a source situation you're saying, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know it was.
Speaker 3: An event, norie. I can leave the house by myself. By the time I get to event, it's thirty niggas.
Speaker 1: Yo, we would all yo, we would.
Speaker 3: Right, because everybody wants to not only get in the event, they know if they with me, they coming in. So we deep, Yo, that's them niggas over there. Ice who ben Zeno what? Go holler at him? And he I walked over to him and he saw them people that nigga was like, yo, man, man, it's my bad. And we shook hands and that was it. But I think, what did he tell you?
Speaker 2: Same?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Oh, remember y'all was together the last time we recalled in New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that was that was before the situation. There's a there was a situation where me and Benzino I had I kind of yeah, he's I've heard him say it on in an interview.
Speaker 1: He said I was seeing him kind of walked up on me.
Speaker 2: I think he did say it one time on here before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we would see. But it wasn't an altercation. It was just like I want me myself. I like to clarify shit. If you say something about it, I don't take it. I'm gonna walk up to you, f and well what am I hearing?
Speaker 1: Is this true? No? Okay?
Speaker 3: Cool that you know even if you said it, if you're not mad enough to repeat, I take that, I'll say, all right, cool. But if it is, let's figure it out. And I'm I'm always a bigger man. What did I do to you?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: What's the matter? What happened?
Speaker 3: You know, nobody wants conflict. My name's Ice. My name's not bullet.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: My name is Ice. I'm about smoothing things out. And I think my whole life has always been squashing beef. You know that's it. Anybody can start it. You know you got to have certain energy to stop it.
Speaker 2: Let's take it back though, Yes you want to.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to go back a little bit. Okay, Uncle Jam's army. Okay, talk about that is? What is that collective? How could I com compare it to New York.
Speaker 3: Uncle Jam's Army was the first promotional company in La that did parties for kids sixteen to twenty. So there was a big market of people that couldn't get into clubs, so they would throw events at different halls with DJs. They at some point were able to do the La Sports Arena by themselves.
Speaker 1: Egyptian Lover was the DJ.
Speaker 3: Bobcat who worked with l cool J, Battle Cat who's still out with Snoop. Arabian Prince was part of Egypt's crew.
Speaker 1: Pool.
Speaker 3: All them work with Uncle Jam's Army and.
Speaker 1: That's what they was known for.
Speaker 3: They were the biggest promoters and they would do the La Sports Arena, no ass, just music.
Speaker 1: First raves like black raves.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget one night we were there and they had an eight away drum machine and no one had ever seen a drum machine, and they put the drum machine on and they were like Uncle Jim's Army is about to go live live. And they put the beat on and they held the records in the air and the audience was like, what where's that music coming from? And they held the drum machine up and that eight to eight has a light that shoots by it the crowd went crazy, just screaming over a drum machine.
Speaker 1: It's like yo.
Speaker 3: And they used to let me wrap. I was the only person they would let rap. And you know I was still up and come and learning how to wrap.
Speaker 2: And this is early LA scene. This is what is a world class Wrecond crew happening around this time.
Speaker 3: And that's before Recond, before that Wow for a recon crew.
Speaker 1: Dre and Them was wrecking crew. I've seen Dre and them and dudos.
Speaker 3: See Dre and Them is from Compton, right, LA cats don't go to Compton.
Speaker 1: Compton.
Speaker 3: Compton would be like in New York, like it would be East New York. Compton is far. It's like twenty miles out of LA south central where we're from. So you know, you can own a horse in Compton, you can ride, you can have donkeys and pigs and shit. Compton is like the country. But the threat of Compton niggas is they come to LA and get down and then go back and you never see them again in your life. So that's Compton. People in comp and don't usually come past Manchester. That's a whole nother thing. And then when NWA came out here, like oh, you're from Compton, I said, I'm from South Central, south Central where the Riots popped up. That's where I'm from. So Dre and them was playing in Dudos and we went Watch is another area, Watches, the area that's mostly projects. So if you talk Watch, you talking about PJ. Watts and Peerial Courts, Nickoson Gardens and Grape Street, Jordan Downs, those four big projects over there. So that's that was the first Riot, the home of the Watch Riots back in the day. But anyway, I've seen Dre and them playing at Dudos and stuff back in the day, so I'm I'm always been cool with Dre. I've always been cube with cool with q nw un I. When I was out see I had, I had two albums out before n w A drop. He dropped on my third album, so we would go out and tour together.
Speaker 1: Me Easy, dc uh Wall friends, wren Wall friends. What type of person Easy he was, because obviously.
Speaker 3: Easy was crazy, but he was Easy was a cool ass dude.
Speaker 1: The trip was easy. Was he convinced people he was fifteen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of his records, he said something abouty being young, so people used to think he was young, but he wasn't young. And my favorite Easy East story was ice Cube would write the rhymes, write the rhymes that so CB was talking to mEq was like yo, I wrote that.
Speaker 1: I didn't think he'd say it.
Speaker 2: He's actually outing himself. Well he's saying it.
Speaker 3: But Easy didn't care because Easy wasn't really the rapper.
Speaker 1: He was the money behind.
Speaker 3: He was a genius that saw hip hop was going to come someplace. He had his little, you know, drug money. Easy wasn't moving kilos. He was just on street hustling, but he had enough to get him in the record store and he was the brains.
Speaker 2: He had foresight for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me and Easy was cool. We never had shared an angry word. Me Dre, all of us all solid, ice Cube solid, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh and wasn't Arabian principal, so he was in Uncle James and then he was down with At the beginnings of w n.
Speaker 3: W A was candy Man uh Arabia. Candy Man was a part of man was if you look the first album, they all standing there, n w A and the posse that one. Yeah, candy Man but not part of n w A. And just like but it was all part kJ fad all that stuff, and then they just started to morph and morph and morph into you know, the world's most dangerous grew. I knew when I heard straight out of Compton it was a rap at that that day.
Speaker 5: What's the line that Ice Cube said that that you think made it against.
Speaker 1: The rap straight out of Compton?
Speaker 3: Crazy motherfucker named ice Cub from the gang called Niggas with Attitude. So up to that point, they was calling what I was doing reality. I'm like, it's not reality because it's not everybody's reality.
Speaker 1: It's my reality. We didn't have a name for it.
Speaker 3: And then when he said gangsters, the press called a gangster wrap.
Speaker 2: The press called it because we said this on here and people are like, no, no, the artist, another press did it.
Speaker 3: Press called it gangster rap. Cuba said from the gang called Niggas with attitude. They said it's gangster rap. So me I fell back and said, oh, okay, if this is gangster rap, I'm the original gangs.
Speaker 1: That's where OG came from. So OG didn't come from the hood.
Speaker 2: No, it did, but it just fell in place.
Speaker 3: OG is a term for first generation set, the first generation of whatever set.
Speaker 1: So if we drank.
Speaker 3: Champs wedank track. If we drink Champs crips, y'all niggas the Ogs you the originals of the set. The new kids would be the baby gangsters, but the Ogs are the founders of the set.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Also, la term og means anything original, the original five oh one, Levi's the original, Chuck Taylor's the original Shelter.
Speaker 1: That's them og. The first is og. Can you fight your way up to be in the OG?
Speaker 3: Well you be, You be an OG once you put in enough time.
Speaker 2: But now it is.
Speaker 1: Now it's just referred to being the old school.
Speaker 3: Cat has done some things like I refer to everybody in here as a OGY. They not new gangsters, you know. But the term comes from La Gangs. So I took it and it flipped it, you know. But then if you look at that album cover, I also I got myself in shackles. But then I got myself in a tuss which is saying I'm the same nigga, Like even if you see me, you know, suited, don't get it fucked up, right, So that's what it was. So that's where the OG album came from, and that was Vincent was supposed to be a double album.
Speaker 1: Wow, the first double album.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it was a double album motivated by nw A MM because you dig, I'm out here, I do, I do, Uh Ryan pays, I do power. They dropped Boom. I'm like, nigga, I gotta get to work.
Speaker 1: It dropped you after night, No.
Speaker 3: No, no, I do the first one, I do the second one, and then here comes Godzilla straight out of Comps and show. I'm like, yo, n w A is really like live Yo, nigga, we got to go in the studio right, the homies is really getting it in. So I made a double album at that point, motivated by the power of them. They you know, like I said early hate, it wasn't hate, but it was like somebody else is in the room. Now, nigga, you got to go and earn your stripes. So I had to drop heavy.
Speaker 2: You dig you were gonna say that. You remember the first time you heard straight outa Compson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it felt like Godzilla was in the room. I was like, yo, because remember we was out on tour.
Speaker 1: They had dope man.
Speaker 2: Because Easy came out first, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Easy didn't shake me up? Easy does it?
Speaker 3: I was like okay and Easy, like you know, Easy the way easy wrap.
Speaker 1: He ain't cute right right?
Speaker 2: And or Rent is incredible ruthless villain.
Speaker 1: You know. Anytime I pulling a.
Speaker 3: K off the sholf, you know, I was like these niggas, like beast, I was like, yo, they turned it up. They turned it up, and I had to. But then my thing was as iced Tea, It's like, Okay, nw A is taking it that way, I gotta take it this way, like I gotta not. I can't go out and bang bang with him, So I just keep it player and.
Speaker 1: Hustle as much as I could, you know.
Speaker 2: So that was a conscious decision you made to say, I'm not going to try to be in that same lane.
Speaker 3: I'm always trying to find my own lane. You're fool to go down the same lane somebody else is doing. You gotta find your originality, you gotta find what is?
Speaker 1: What are you? What you are? Right? You know? And me, I was a different breed. I was never in a gang.
Speaker 3: I'm not a gang banger, but I grew up amongst gangs. I'm not a I'm not a bully, but I'll defend myself.
Speaker 1: I'm an orphan. So you know, like I was telling.
Speaker 3: You, you know, we were the cats with the feeling felid shorts on, the socks, the sweaters, you know, tennis racket. But we had a UZI. You know, that's who we were with the pems, that's who we were, you know.
Speaker 2: So it was no sense.
Speaker 3: And you know, they pulled up on some real gang banger shit.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, I didn't so cool, but it's all love. It was love. I was happy for NWA because I was happy to.
Speaker 3: Have help on the West. I by myself a long.
Speaker 5: Time, and at the time I remember, like, you know, people making fun of the s curl like that.
Speaker 2: But that's an S curl.
Speaker 1: I had a perm Don't get it.
Speaker 3: Fuck, that's a Jerry curl.
Speaker 1: That's a Jerry. That's what Cube had.
Speaker 3: Want to drift, Yes, fuck up myself, fuck up my ship, my material? Wait, Jery girl curl Erry same thing you call it the s curl, the little ones that.
Speaker 1: Of Puerto Ricans. If you poor Rican, you call it the a S curl? Got it all right? No, My ship was My ship was PERM.
Speaker 3: I was magnetic rollers a lot of body, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Pull it out.
Speaker 3: Them ships be crackling and the girl pushed the ways and you know that ship had to be right, you know, but it's this different ship.
Speaker 1: You know Big Worm had.
Speaker 3: A perm yeah, and Friday yeah yeah, but it was walled.
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, it's curlers.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, Yeah, I'm bucking.
Speaker 3: I'm bugging with the head and ned I used to go to I used to go to junior high, I mean not high school. Home room with my curl is still in la shit is different wearing house and then in nutrition. Let the girls take my curls out.
Speaker 1: Let's rule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're gonna give you two choices. You pick one. We're good. Nobody's drinking. I mean I don't know how if he's taking shots or not. Now I'm fucking with you.
Speaker 3: Good, it's nice, all right, But this is this is very sophisticated.
Speaker 2: If you say both or neither, so the politically correct. If you don't pick an answer, then we're drinking.
Speaker 1: I don't care. You want me to go first. Let's play the rule, Let's play the game.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I've submitted to your game. Let's go l L or big Dotty Kine.
Speaker 2: And you can say why if.
Speaker 1: You want to both.
Speaker 3: That both they both super rappers.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is gonna be interesting. Snoop Dogg or jay Z. Wow, let me get ready, They're so different.
Speaker 2: It's whatever criteria in your mind. If you pick, I.
Speaker 1: Just gotta go with Snoop Dogg. Okay, West Coast and you had to go down No, I'm going with Snoop.
Speaker 3: I think Snoop is the biggest rapper in the history of the world. I think that even though jay Z's bagged up rich. I think more people, parents, kids, will would recognize Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 1: You don't think Snoop is the most famous rapper's I think? I think, I think I know he said it is his way, no, no no in the world.
Speaker 2: I think he's loved the most.
Speaker 3: He's transcended more different elements, and everybody loves Snoop. You know, jay Z is is a super power, But some people might not know who jay Z is. If they would, if you know it's Snoop. Snoop is a motherfucker. We love Snoop.
Speaker 5: Can you go anywhere and people not recognize.
Speaker 3: I could go fameous kind of like think of it like being a tennis player. You could be the number one in the world. But if you're not in the tennis, just walk right by, they were saying. So television has made me far more visible, and Coco is another one. So it's like the one two punch, Like me and Coco have this thing called I should have known. What should have known is like say, if we're at an airport and somebody's checking out Coco, they be checking her out and then they'll see me.
Speaker 1: They should have known.
Speaker 3: You see a hot chick, check around here, there might there should be something else floating near.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Ice, Cuber Scarface.
Speaker 3: Wow, they're so similar. Both, they're both you can take both.
Speaker 1: The shots.
Speaker 3: I used to go on the road when we first were touring when the Dope Jam tour, Ghetto boys, would you know what, pay the players? They would they would like they would pay Jay Prince would get him on the front of our show, like you know, like because they would and they would rip ship and I remember uh calling mister Scarface and and and Scarface would walk around and like throw crack in the audience like he had had little package either the show. That's different them niggas was he had the cane. That might be wrong, but I remember even saw the package, so it wasn't real crack. But it was like he was acting like like, yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: It was part of the show. Part of the show.
Speaker 3: But I was like, Yo, who are these Texas ass niggas?
Speaker 1: These niggas is ill? Ghetto boys was ill? What's swift?
Speaker 2: They was?
Speaker 1: They were ill? They were they were They were a.
Speaker 3: Solid gangster rapper, hardcore raps. Ever Willie d all of them when they would go come on, man, stop it and Scarface to me deeply rooted that album he just did. That made me want to make a new album, one of those lyrical out there. Yeah, but him and Cube have a similar type get down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love them both.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you said both, all right, Jada kiss or Nas?
Speaker 1: I don't like this question. You keep repeating this, Jada kiss or Nas both? Oh Jesus drink. Both both of are lyrical beasts. Uh.
Speaker 3: A lot of these guys, Like I look at people that I think can outrap me. I think everybody in hip hop. I look at hip hop like a basketball game. I know who got the jumpers, I know who got handles, but everybody has a place on the court, you know. So I might not be able to out rap noads, but I could say some shit fly in NOAs so saying so I'm gonna hit you with some fly shit world renowned as the king of the fly rhyme. You know, if I was dope, you could step on me five times. So those two rappers are lyrical beasts and you just listened to him for the punch rhymes.
Speaker 1: I love nads.
Speaker 3: I met nads with you know this humble super guys.
Speaker 1: Frank White or Nino Brown.
Speaker 3: Well, I have to go with Frank White, even though he turned into a snitch. But Nino was a Frank White was a real person. You know, Brown ain't shot nobody or soul, no dope. You know, Brown is based snipes. He's a character. So how would I pick the character over the real nigga?
Speaker 1: Frank White ain't King of New York. That's what that was based on a real I'm.
Speaker 3: Thinking of who you're thinking of American gangs today, Frank Lucas. Yeah, my mistake that is comparing Frank Lewis White is the motherfucker to Well, then of course it's neo Brown.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that's what Brown. I can't funk with Wesley never like.
Speaker 2: Cancel that bitch.
Speaker 1: I'll get another one.
Speaker 5: He said, I never liked that pretty motherfucking myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah cold, yeah, yeah, okay, cool, Okay. I was thinking about Frank Lucas, Okay, cares one of rock n It's so totally different. I picked rock Kim only because rock Kim really changed the way we all started rapping. Like I didn't understand the term flow when I heard rock Kim and rock Him. Chris had had criminal minded out, but when I was making my first album, I had never really witnessed a hit record outside of Run DMC. And I was in Harlem and every car I came in the door, I came in the door. I said it before, I never let the work. It was in every single car, every car, Rock Kim. And then the next record came out, I take seven mcs put him in the line. I'm like, who is this motherfucker? And earlier I thought his name was Eric b Right because he just threw what my name is, rock Kim. But just the whole theory of how rob rap made me gotta I gotta wrap better and he didn't curse. Well, it didn't matter. Curson didn't matter at me. It was the flow of his rhyme and the confidence and the comfortableness he set in the in the in the beat, because at one time everyone was yelling on records.
Speaker 1: It was different.
Speaker 3: Now, No hats off to care Rests one. No, because you do not want to go against car Rests live.
Speaker 1: Nah. He's one of the best.
Speaker 3: You'll get destroyed, one of the best, and then he'll teach you a lesson to be at the same time, because Chris is big, Percy's big.
Speaker 1: He's a big nigga, like King's son. He's a big nigga.
Speaker 3: You'd be like word and then then he's loud, so he just is every commands the stage. Tupac or d MX mmm West Coast gonna hate me, but I say d MX. I'm much more of a DMX fan. I love pac I was friends with pac uh. But I did just like the more aggressive ship. You know, when I heard where my dog's hat, I was like, Yo, who the fuck is this? I was in a club. I was like, Yo, the ship, you know, the rough rider's hands, and.
Speaker 1: You know, I did this more of my ship.
Speaker 3: You know, that's just I liked that pack is a human being, a man, it's something else.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was magical, you know, it's like you were sitting with young Malcolm X.
Speaker 1: You know. But music wise, d m X was more ic ta type ship.
Speaker 2: Let me DJ Quick or m C eight.
Speaker 1: They was battling for Well, I'll go with even though I just.
Speaker 3: Got off the phone with Quick, I gotta funk with m C eight. Well, let's just say both. It's going both on that one. Let's go with both. They both love you both on that and we need both of them on drink Champs. Yeah, we need both on drink Champs. Uh yeah, I know you sing about you say something pop people want to crucify you. I just well, I'm here to be honest, right, Yeah, please rough Friday's anth.
Speaker 1: That's just stup.
Speaker 3: I was like I was like DMX. I performed with DMX so many times. It's like, yo, he was rap art to rap and different ship just.
Speaker 2: Such as.
Speaker 3: He was like a monster. He was like a boxer, like you know, he made it. I'm going to do the show. He's going to fight.
Speaker 1: I got this ice. Come on here you go? All right, my who's the question?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Next question? You could go to the next question, B Street or break I skip one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, he said both. He said he said quicker and m c A Yeah. M C went more on Tupac my m c A my favorite lyric. He said he told a homeboy, I'm the neighborhood rapper. He said, I'm the neighborhood jacker. One time, gaffle them up. C mwres I did, I said, Quick and mc I changed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's why Quick.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what they beef became about, you know, but yeah, interesting, but they both help and Quick is an incredible producer.
Speaker 1: What he's legendary.
Speaker 2: The next one too, B Street or Breaking two B Street, y'all pick Breaking too. Breaking.
Speaker 3: Breaking was really homogenized with more of a kid's movie, you know, Rest in Peace, Shabba do you know Boogoloo, Shrimp, you know, turbo Ozone, all that shit.
Speaker 1: It gave me a break. It was my.
Speaker 3: First job, really, uh but it wasn't as dope as Beach Street with New York City Breakers, that that scene where they broke in the subway and all that shit and Melloy melt.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. It was. It was our version. See what happened with Breaking was we thought that was bluzz and crips.
Speaker 3: We were in a club called the Radio. That was a New York club in LA. Club that had rock Steady Crew come there, Soul, Sonic Force, Cold Crush Brothers. Yeah, and that's where I met Africa is crazy. So the producers walked in and seen the scene and said, we're gonna make a movie. You'll be on the stage, these kids will dance, and they just wrote some bullshit story, corny shit, and uh, you know, it was them trying to capitalize on a hip hop movement, but we wasn't enough hip hop in LA to really do it.
Speaker 1: New York City was official, so Wild Style.
Speaker 2: Because after whilst all of this while was wist, I.
Speaker 3: Was first, but Wild Style and B Street was way more official than Breaking Breaking was for kids.
Speaker 1: It was rainbow colors and bullshit.
Speaker 2: Wiston felt like a reality show, like a real like documentary type because I.
Speaker 3: Was just trying to, you know, get some paper and just be in the movie, you know. And I was trying to dress like break Back then I was dressing like Mellie Mail, you know, trying to be a rapper.
Speaker 2: Had the spikes, yeah, he had. I had all that.
Speaker 1: And you know who changed my image was Russell Simmons. What did Russell say?
Speaker 3: We were at a club in la and it was a rap show and Russell was there, and Russell and me was chilling and I had on like a feelss sweatsuits and k Swiss had a perm had a little cano bullshit, you know, and whoever the crap the act was. They called me on the stage. I used to in the Building's I going to State and I rap? And Russell's like, that's your look, fuck New York. Like you trying to look like New York. You gotta look like la Ice. That is your look. The way you look now, the way you dress on a regular He said, that's why run DMC looks like Jamster J. That's how jam mess J used to dress. He says, you're authentic l A Street Ship. That's you rock that And that was the end of me with the New York ship.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was a birth.
Speaker 3: And then when you see me on the Ryan Page cover, I had on the cagofs in the Porsche with the girl Darlene and my boy in the palm tree. That was all Russe. Russell said that you you gotta represent l A. I mean, you love New York, but you gotta hit l A.
Speaker 1: That's that's dope.
Speaker 2: We gotta make some noise.
Speaker 1: Russell came to my star too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Russell always gave me some good game.
Speaker 1: You want to do the next one?
Speaker 5: Nipsey are easy piece of both both both both that both both legends.
Speaker 3: Nip had so much left to do. Nip was just getting started. But he's a good person, good soul, you know. It's just it just reinforces us that, you know, the safest place you think you are, you at the most risk. You know, like because that's Player always told me, you get hitting your strong spot. Player, the place you think you the most secure, that's where you're gonna hit.
Speaker 1: You think you're cool with the bitches, you think.
Speaker 3: You got that in check, That's where you're gonna get hit because you're not guarding that, see what I'm saying. So those those moments when we feel the most comfortable, you're in the most danger. Even though all of us is here having a good time. If the cats coming in, they they got an advantage on us because we're.
Speaker 1: Comfortable, you're not. One point.
Speaker 3: So that Nip was very comfortable in his neighborhood and it went wrong, and uh he d rest in peace. Nipsey hustle. He was just getting warmed up.
Speaker 1: You do the next n w A or Wu Tang Now you skip one.
Speaker 3: No, I know, but we said n w A or Wu Tang both okay, both similar energy. I think n w A is two rappers. I always was in all Wu Tang nine mcs.
Speaker 1: Fuck you do that.
Speaker 3: Because you just said n w A two rappers with two rappers. I mean Easy would rapper with him. But n w A is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: N and Q yeah, yeah, Ren and Q Yeah, they pretty much wrote.
Speaker 3: And then dre and Yellower Jane Reiler in the background, and Easy would jump on occasionally. But those were the two main rappers in n w A. Wu Tang is nine. You heard the story about me getting surrounded by Wu Tang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell us again us, tell us y'all heard that story.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 2: I'm at an event.
Speaker 3: I'm at an event in New York City MC Light event, right, So this is before Wu Tang it came out. I get surrounded. I look at the nigga here. There's a nigga here. It's a nigga here. So I'm like, okay, my way out is this way. I look at a nigga there.
Speaker 1: Nigga there. I'm like, I'm surrounded, Yo, what up? I yo? Yo?
Speaker 3: We y'all in this Wu Tang. I think it's a gang. I'm la like a gang?
Speaker 1: Is it over? Is the moment I fear should my chain is crawl inside of my like, you know, like what the fuck? Like they be like yo yo woo woo.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, so what's up. Yeah, we from y'allin Yo. We fucks with you West Coast Hardcourt Ship.
Speaker 1: We fucked. I'm like, oh you like me.
Speaker 2: They're like yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, what's happening. What's happened.
Speaker 3: But for a moment, the whole room stop right. I'm like, yo, they're about to what the fuck? So they told me this, they showed me how to do this shit. I'm like, yo, yo woo woo woo. Like I said, it was the moment I feared, I thought it was going down, and they went off and blah blah blah, and later on. Now, the thing of it is, I can't tell if any of the actual Wu Tang members were those guys because there was so.
Speaker 1: Many of them, and I was so scared.
Speaker 3: Hey, I wanted to do so I'm like this, dude, I'm I'm I'm six feet two twenty two guys, ten guys. I'm about to get stumped the fuck out. And I was like, Yo, this is gonna go bad. I'm by myself, so uh yeah, but they didn't. They was fans so bow and then I saw the Wu Tang clan come out. I was just always amazing at nine mcs. You could put nine mcs on the record, and then each one of them, it was like each one of them had a different skill like a kung Fu movie, you know, I like genius. Yeah, It's just like I'm like, yeah, just his rhyme and ship was always you know, super shit.
Speaker 1: Heem a sword sharp, you know he was. I like that. I love O d B. I like all. I like all of them. I think they all even all of them have superpowers.
Speaker 5: You know what, Before we move on, we want to wish everybody happy Father's Day from Drink Champs.
Speaker 1: Everyone is just except.
Speaker 5: For mister Lee you know what I called sunny d you know, but everybody out there, we gotta give you a fall day and give him you got off Drink Champ slippers back chap flock.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm saying, not damn the first one that got. We don't even got to pay. We don't even got I.
Speaker 3: Call this happy motherfucker. Yeah, I mean, I mean, y'all, I'm hooked up. I'm gonna be able to open up a little store, Jake Champ's store around this bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, take this ship right down on Ocean Drive and this most wanted or above the law?
Speaker 3: They both both you know, uh yeah, both you got you got. Uh well, that's MC eight again. Yeah right, sip don't remember. Oh yeah, that's MC eight again. And by the law, that's Big Hutch cold rest in peace, lay law. See the cool thing about West Coast rap None of us ever had any beef. The only beef ever happened was nw A, and that was a family feud between them. So Cuba and A right, right, So I created Rhyme Syndicate, which was based on on Lucky Luciano and the Commission. I read all gangs and novels about Mayer Landski and all that ship to learn how to say out of jail.
Speaker 1: Right, So I learned.
Speaker 3: I read about my Lucky Louciano creating commission with the five families, so that they wouldn't beef befo they talk.
Speaker 1: We sit down, We have a sit down.
Speaker 3: So I said, with rhyme syndicate, all of us will agree to have a sit down. So you got Cypress Hill, you got a low profile with dub C and all them, all these different groups. I'm the founder, I'm not Yeah, Mugs, Mugs was syndicate Muggs ever everlast Mugs had a group called seven eight three.
Speaker 2: That's right, okay, so he was.
Speaker 3: He used to live with Alatin, So all these cats were together. So I just said, look, too many crips and bloods. We're gonna be the rhyme sindicate are So there is no gang banging within the syndicate and we managed to have peace. Every once in a while the would be a beef, we put the bosses in the room, squash it and it real quick because the boss has always got cool heads, like what's the problem fing oh man, no, my man? Okay, well apologize, nigga okay, cool cool vous.
Speaker 1: You know, nobody got shot bam.
Speaker 3: So we never had no beef on the West Coast. Everybody stayed friends. And when NWA went at each other like we politely stepped back I'm gonna get mad when Cuban eat their friends.
Speaker 1: We all hung out.
Speaker 3: Together, and it's about business too. Whatever it's about. Like I say, nobody got shot self destruction or all in the same game. Both definitely take a shot to that.
Speaker 1: Both because.
Speaker 3: Hip hop has the ability to change the way we see things. One of my favorite records is Brand Nubi and Slowed Down. You know hey, baby, you know you know shit is whack. Crack is whack, like where everybody when cocaine hit, we all looked at it like it was fly because it was a high end drug. Then we realized it was killing us. So rap may crack whack. Bay says, we have that power. They have the power to make syrup whack if they want to. They can make all this shit whack. Like wow, you still doing that, cuz, like what's happening? So with the violence, New York came out and did self destruction. Michael Conception was out there, he had grand jury records. He called up he said, I want to do something from the West Coast.
Speaker 1: That was Michael Conception.
Speaker 2: Dad and I heard Karris One recently talked about this story as though.
Speaker 1: So I get the call for Mike he says, you know, need to do this. Do you remember all the people that was in on all the same.
Speaker 3: Games, Lord Faness if you watch it, Lord Fanessa's with me. Got Deaf Jeff, but Lord Fanessa's from New York. But he was actually signed to me at the time, so he was in LA when we shot it, and he's there on the west side of the video.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you know the actual record, you remember the artists on them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, number we did our Senio, but it wasn't it was you know, you just go do your bar, say your ship and uh, don't be left out. It's one of those kinds of things where it was a bigger disc not to be on the record, right, but it was. It had good intentions and somebody like Mike, who definitely was a street nigga, to say I want to do this. I was like, Okay, you're doing something right, let's go. Let's do it, you know, because I knew Mike conception for years before, you know, so well he was in a wheelchair. Yeah, but you know it was a good it was it was meant to be. Those are two good things hip hop did. Hip hop needs to do another one right now. Yeah, the youngsters do. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: That resonates the same way because that's the thing it worked back then.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you, I'll tell you who should do it. Where should come from the South? Yeah, because yeah, they're already together. If they was to do like a put your guns down, stop the violence type of movement, you know what I mean, Like I'm talking about, you know, the powerful people from the South.
Speaker 1: Like I think, I think it would make a huge impact.
Speaker 3: It has to be maybe maybe somebody like killing Mike. But the thing of it is is that you got to understand it has to be that certain age.
Speaker 5: It's got to be even it's got to go younger. Yeah, Like I always I was thinking like more like a future. Yeah yeah, yeah, Future's hot.
Speaker 1: I mean like it's not.
Speaker 5: It's not like I mean, he knows how to make the music that's still relevant. He knows how to how to orchestrate it. And I think that if if Future was to come out right now, what everyone put your guns down type of type of record, like.
Speaker 2: But even bringing people under him that are younger, even then make.
Speaker 3: It a club record, Like making a club record.
Speaker 1: That would be so fucking dope. I'm not in the record business no more.
Speaker 3: You know, but if anybody out there is listening, if right now, what could hit be a young public enemy and the young laurn Hill them too, a young Lauryn Hill, a singer, rapper, beautiful woman, speaking pro black, not doing the huci shit, just keeping it straight, solid like Lauren did. Well we got Rhapsody, okay, Well then she's out there. Okay, well then she needs to we gotta blow her up. But Rhapsody And then a young twenty twenty year old militant little niggas that ain't about no jewelry or nothing.
Speaker 1: Was about what's right. That's what we need.
Speaker 3: Contra close contrast to me. They like leaders in the news school though they but but I'm talking about some little militant niggas that will that know they knowledge. They got their knowledge together because remember you know Professor Griff was hitting the stage.
Speaker 1: They're like twenty.
Speaker 3: Five mgainn it's benefact getting late pasts. I'm like, who is this little nigga Like Shu I was like, Yo, wait a minute, I'm gonna pussy. I gotta get my shit together, like Yo, this is going. That's when W's had me like fucked up and honestly, public Enemy.
Speaker 1: The public Enemy made.
Speaker 3: Us West Coast rappers get more militant in our records, not just talk about bullshit and talk about issues.
Speaker 1: Then all of a sudden, you hear, nwa do.
Speaker 2: Respect, just say they made you accountable amongst.
Speaker 3: The shit we talk about the stream. And then I toured with Pe that was my number one touring partner. So I went around the world three times in Public Enemy, so I knew what they was about.
Speaker 1: You know, you're telling them to pimph the hole and they telling them, girl go home. That's what I call a ballance.
Speaker 3: Well you know what way we did it. I said, Chuck's politics are global. Minds are basically around the hood. So he'll tell you about the president. I'm telling you about the guy that runs your block. That's the president in my world. So I had the pistol and he had the African tendate, so he was more geopolitical world.
Speaker 1: I iced to gonna tell you what's going on on the block, point blank. So we both and.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, I remember one time I was with we went to the Honorable Elijah Muhammad's house and sat with Minister fair Come.
Speaker 1: This is when I was in the cop Killer shit. It was me Q.
Speaker 3: Sister, Soldier Chuck, and we sat with Don Colin was sitting across from me, Remember Colin Holin Muhammad and I got really close with Mustafa the brother, the son of It was interesting and that was during the time I was going through cop Killer and Soldier was going you got honor. Elijah Muhammad just told me straight up, if you stand in the street, expect to get hit by a car. You basically said cop Killer, like, get ready, And that's when I learned that freedom of speech.
Speaker 1: Just watch what you say.
Speaker 3: You have the right to say anything, but you must be prepared here for the ramifications of what you say. You can't come out and dis gay people and don't get mad when they attack. You can't dis cops. You can't like Kanye, you can't this the Jewish. You say, get ready, brace for impact, because they will come back if you sit down. If you're Colin Kaepernick, you put your knee down. Get ready. Protests will come with resistance. That's why it's protests. Don't get mad when you get attacked.
Speaker 1: Brace. If you want to put your fIF.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put my fist if I'm gonna say something right here, right now that might make me lose my job.
Speaker 1: Don't get mad because I lose my job. See what I'm saying. You have You have a freedom of speech. You can go home.
Speaker 3: You can't go home to your wife and say, baby, I'll as fuck your sister.
Speaker 1: Free speech.
Speaker 3: Right. You have the right to say it, but you gotta think what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: So there it is. I learned that.
Speaker 3: I learned that during the cop killer thing. And uh now I I I intention lea. I'm not ever trying to start no beef.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: If I wanted, I wanted, let's put it like that, if I wanted, I want, I want no unintentional ship. You know, fux up everything like the mob. You say, it's fucking with the money, man, it's fucking with the money, Like why are you doing this?
Speaker 1: Dumb shit? Fucks with the bunny.
Speaker 3: Like my boy says, keep the cash flow of the maximum and the drama at a minimum.
Speaker 1: Okay, next one Primo or Pete Robins who both geez.
Speaker 3: Both I missed cel smooth yeah man, Pete rock and move together.
Speaker 2: YopE.
Speaker 3: See us movie used to say, ell shit, Mama's in the kitchen cooking fire, Like, what the fuck are you talking about? Like that Nigga would say some smooth ship you know, butter sauce on the web, like what the fuck? Like it was so fly. I was like, Seeo smooth. It's the smoothest rapper probably in the history of the world. But you know, fe Rox Beats is just official. Now when you talk about Primo gangster gangs starts slepting my house. Gang Guru was Yeah, he was the best man, such a real person and so so dope. I used to love to see Guru and Cool Keith hanging out together that ship. That must have been crazy for Guru and then Primo ship is just the most to me. Primo has the is the god of the boom back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's yeah, hands down.
Speaker 3: And the god of the of the of the scratch hook yep, Like he'll put a hook on you with four different rappers and it's just so dope. If you want to, if you want to test your rap skills, get a Primo beat and go in. I mean, m O p like Freddie Fox, who can fucking Fox? Jay routed damage Jesus Christ group Home gave you the damage to come clean.
Speaker 2: Roster five nine with pre.
Speaker 1: How does She Go? You want to find get your luck? If you're feeling lucky duck, then.
Speaker 2: Press your luck.
Speaker 3: My nines break, my mind's break mylignant lyrics? Who raps like that? Like you know, dom your remains put in a car trunk? You can't come to that of the truck and that young you want to survive it live. I don't gang bang a shootout bang bang. I'm alignant lyrics. The only dope I saying I'm a true gangster. You could tell that.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker like I was like and had the undercut.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know that.
Speaker 5: Water dripping right, Yeah, the water like I have it with the with the stove, with the stove.
Speaker 3: And the thing of it is in a rapper's career and a rapper's career, you might make a classic record, but you might make three.
Speaker 1: But some records it's just like come clean. It's just that's like special ed.
Speaker 3: I got to make immy idel your highest title. I'm like, yo, this is a classic hip hop records. So Premiere Premire's from Texas?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 3: How did the most New York nigga in the world Texas. But you know what else was? I'm talking about beats. You know else was one of my favorite beating nuts.
Speaker 1: Love beating nuts. We love to beat.
Speaker 2: Love of beating uts and they deserve. Part two of Drinking and Rain of.
Speaker 3: The Tech is one of the most gangster records ever written.
Speaker 1: John Wayne couldn't even stand the rain at the video.
Speaker 2: Who is these things niggas coming out of producers? Yeah, yeah, yeah, psycho le tongue.
Speaker 1: So yeah juju.
Speaker 3: So you know, like I'm saying, since we're doing the hardcore ship, we got the hardcore radar up. So when that came out, I'm like, oh, that was they produced one of my records.
Speaker 1: It's a hold on. Let me just on podcast or radio.
Speaker 3: I think podcasts because podcasts right now you're talking to me for hour or two, which is much more comfortable than radio. Radio you're always trying to promote something. I haven't promoted anything radio. You rappers have this switch where they can hit and they going to promo mode. I got three seconds.
Speaker 1: They get my new record. Man, take my shoes. I got my shoes.
Speaker 3: It's bopping off and it's a man it's on.
Speaker 1: Fuck y'all, this is my ass now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, fuck y'all.
Speaker 1: I love you kissed my ass bitches.
Speaker 3: You know that's that's rap, that's wrap motive. This is this is where we get to just shill all right like that. And also about podcasts, is you get to pick who you fuck with? Like if you don't like me and you made it to this part of the podcast, she's a stupid mother.
Speaker 1: You was a dumb motherfucker.
Speaker 3: You have plenty of time to turn this ship off. I'm not your I'm not your ship. Yeah, I love this question. Kill out will or America's most Wanted? Well, those are two ice Cube records, right, I kind of say both.
Speaker 1: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: It should have been the certificate of America's Most Wanted.
Speaker 3: I mean all ice Q's albums me rate pretty much the same. The only one who rates higher would be Straight out of Compton, which is nw A. But ice Q had A has a basic, solid body of work.
Speaker 1: Be sid yeah said, I love you know one thing about me.
Speaker 3: The rappers I like are digestible, like I love Nori because I understand what they're saying. I'm a mob deep fan. Prodigy is my favorite rapper because I understand what he's saying it's legible. I understand it. So that's the thing. Like I like rappers where I don't have to decode it. You know that can sit up and fit shit to me. And I'm like, Yo, that was dope. I got that. And you know ice Cube is one of those rappers. You know, I try to be that kind of rapper. I'm not, you know, I say in one of my rhymes, I say, I check your style. Although you rhyme quicker, no matter what you do, I'll always lace mind thicker, jealousy. You'll make a fool dot quicker than liquor watch your back with your nigga, because that's right, will Is stick you. So I said, I got to rhyme heavy. I wanted you listen to ice rhys wool. That was that shit, not even a bar, not not even wordplay game. So yeah, you know, I just did a cool Keith record where I say it's not how long you're living. I said, well, no, it's not how well you're living, it's how long you're living well.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you new Jack City or Ricochet new Jack City? New Jack City.
Speaker 3: I mean Ricochet was my first co starring, but New Jack City is my legendary flim you know, like yeah, still when I do my shows, I end with new Jack, Hustler and Colors. Those are my Those would be my biggest records.
Speaker 1: Doctor Dre or Puff, Daddy.
Speaker 3: Dray, Okay, Drey, no doubt. I love Puffy. Puffy to me is the ring master. He's the master of everything that moves in hip hop. He does his thing. He's a magnificent promoter and stuff like that. But I'm not really I don't know Puffy's true producing power. As far as what Dre does. Dre is a studio rat, stays in the studio. The only thing about Dre and Dre is one of my very fearest friends. The reason I never record with Dre is it it's never come out.
Speaker 1: They're like, it's let's work.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, okay, now we did it, let's put it.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: He's very so meticulous. But see the thing of this, when you sell ten million records, you don't want to put out anything that's not going to sell ten million records.
Speaker 1: But he just finished the new album with Snoop. Yeah, man, that's the them.
Speaker 3: Because Snoop is Dre's first artist, Right, that's the that's the magic. I can't wait to hear that. I've heard a lot of it. But uh oh you've heard it. Yeah, I get, I got a whole I got. My phone is full of out doctor Dre records. So what do you think in compares to his body of work? That what you've heard so far, it's just magnificent. See Dre Dre Dre, I guess has certain people he trusts, and so I listened to the music and I give him back my on my opinion, honest feedback. Like he'll send me five records, I'll say this is my favorite. That's all you need. I like this one out of all of them. And stuff, But Dres special cool. Next question, don't think Puffy ain't special. Though Puffy invited me to a lot of fly ass parties, I don't want to my advitations.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 3: I love love love, mister love, I love you. Don't get it wrong. Don't get it wrong. I fucked with Puff. Puff is cool with me. Let the record show.
Speaker 2: So would you rather be loved or fear?
Speaker 1: Love?
Speaker 3: Absolutely love fear. Fear is not is not it's the bullshit. Love keeps you safe. The reason nobody'll letting nothing happen to me in here, because you motherfuckers got love for me now, because nobody's scared of me. Scared man, it only takes six ounces of pressure from a kid torpedo.
Speaker 1: Send a kid at you pole, they put you down.
Speaker 2: Can I break this down?
Speaker 1: This is a good one.
Speaker 3: If you got love, you have a group of people around you that love you. That's your inner circle, right, you take and carry them. They talk to other people and they say, yo, yo, fan's my man, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: That's another circle. Maybe you helping them, They helping them.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's another circle of people outside of them. They hear, oh, Fan's a good dude, that's my man. Right, So it's a big circle.
Speaker 1: That ice is a good or you're a good dude.
Speaker 3: You know how you're in danger is when your inner circle turns on you. When you're inner circle, it got a problem. And they the ones that can let motherfuckers in. But if you got that circle right before somebody over to the left moves on you, they're gonna run into one of your people. It's like, nah, that's not gonna happen Cuz because of love of layers of love, not fear. Fear is a challenge. Fear is a challenge. Oh he's supposed to be hard, nigga. Fuck that nigga. You know what I'm saying. But love will protect you to an extent, to an extent, because, like I told Nori last night, the bullet will hit you before the rep hits them. So I'm in I'm in South Beach cruising fly they move on a.
Speaker 1: Car blow, I got hit. That was ice. I don't know.
Speaker 3: So the niggas out at night doing dirt, they can get it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Why Why do I know that element is out because I used to be in that element looking for fucking hunting niggas. So I know you're in danger out there. You look like a big piggy bank. You in a may box, you look like a big piggy bank. But in a real situation, the only reason that anybody in here would hold me down is because they got love for me, not because they're afraid of me. Fuck out of here, yo yo, or Lady of Rage, I'm not fucking with that one. Both we just dope. Rage has what we just talked about a classic record. You say Afro Puffs is rage I mean that ship was so hard and then Yo Yo is cubes girl.
Speaker 1: Yoyo is so dope in real life.
Speaker 3: She's such a real champ, a real person, a sweetheart. I'm the kind of person like I put the West Coast on my back, like all all West Coast rappers.
Speaker 1: We all family, you know.
Speaker 3: So I would never talk down on neither of them chicks, and both of them always treated me sweet.
Speaker 1: That's what's up. So Mob Deep or Mop.
Speaker 2: Shit?
Speaker 3: I say both, even though like I say, Mob Deep is my favorite. Yeah, yeah, gotta take a big one in now, that's a good one. Mob Deep and Mop. I did song recently with Fame and Little Fame, uh Havoc and ras Cans. Wow, they got a little group they put together. So I did a video with Depth, but.
Speaker 1: Little Fame, Havoc and Rass I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's something coming, there's something coming. We shot a video and stuff, but I'm not I'm just in the video. But like I say, like to me, Mob Deep, Mob Deep is the calm before the storm, and Mop.
Speaker 1: Is a storm. Well MP came out first, but MP black vibes, you know, like Yo coming out some wall corner.
Speaker 3: I did a record billy dance and it's like, Yo, that's hit. The way they do it, they have a technique on how they do it to get that ship like that, the ad libs are sick.
Speaker 1: But then then like mob deep, it's just like it's scary. See.
Speaker 3: My thing with gangster rap is the music has to match the content. Like I've never been into like saying gangster shit over happy music like that didn't work for me. So like when I heard when you hear fall Killers in the hundred dollar ability, real niggas who ain't got no filter on before they even start rapping, you like niggas start stabbing niggas. You know, it just gets you in that zone. I got your tuck off the realness. We be the infamous.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, oh, this shit is so gangster. So that's my thing.
Speaker 3: Gangster music should always have that that sound. Now, now, Annie, y'all, there's two records. I stand up in the club, two records that I don't care what the fuck happens.
Speaker 1: I stand up. When jay Z says allow.
Speaker 3: Me to reintroduce myself, I'm like, oh, I'm like hate it. Oh me, I'm in the club. I'm like, oh, that's my sh I stand up in an yuh when Annie yup, I stand up. I can't help I gotta get it. You know my other record that makes me stand up too. You don't want them boys to come over and start asking you what you want to do, what.
Speaker 2: You're trying to do?
Speaker 1: Record, He's a good nigga.
Speaker 3: I love the party. I love I just love the word nigga. What you want to do, nigga, what you're trying to do? Yeah, that record gets me a turn. Certain records now this one is that's a good one. Illmatic or all os on me?
Speaker 1: Illmatic?
Speaker 3: Illmatic because like I say, I'm much more of a lyrical cat. And I loved Illmatic when it first came out and stuff like that. I love pop, but it's I only like certain Park records. You know what I'm saying. I only like certain Park records. It's my it's my taste. Now crucify me on the West coast. But I'm a much I was studying OS and I think the nods being what was he sixteen?
Speaker 1: He was young.
Speaker 3: That eliminates the excuse of young rappers claiming while I'm young, that kid was, you know, and I sat there, listened to that album, like, I gotta get better, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that's what I like.
Speaker 3: You know, if you're the baddest nigg in the room, you're not gonna grow. You know, when I go out, I want to be the brokest nigg in the room. That's the only way I can come up, you know. So I like to be around So I like, I love being around busting rhymes and super rappers and shit like that.
Speaker 1: You think is just as good as you are better.
Speaker 3: When I first started rapping, I was in the studio with Cat, with Melly Mel and Kaz and at first, people I ever.
Speaker 1: Seen right in the studio, right, they raps in the studio.
Speaker 3: But they was like, yo, if you write it to the beat, it's gonna flow better than if you write it and try to push it over to beat.
Speaker 1: I had to learn that. Now I don't write. I don't write until I got the beat. I learned that.
Speaker 3: But Nas is a nazz, half man, half amazing. This nigg is something else and and like and Park was too, but Pock had to kind of grow. I don't know the thing of it is with pop. I knew punk when he was in Digital Underground. So it took me a minute to accept Park as a rapper because we're gonna come back to that. You know what I'm saying, refight to that SCHOOLI D or cool or who's you at? Two different type rappers? Uh, well, I can't compare them. I'll say both.
Speaker 1: Right, take a sip. Well you're all just taking a system.
Speaker 2: What kind of part of the game is this.
Speaker 1: I've been going back and forth. If school D is the is the inventor of gangster rap?
Speaker 5: Yeah, here's the in your opinion inventor, because they say you're the inventor against the rap.
Speaker 1: I'm saying I put the fentonyl hold on, hold on breaking news.
Speaker 3: Finally ever, finally, yes, do you say, who's the originated against school D?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Also, there's another group in New York called Mob Style Mob Style, Right, David a gangster yourself?
Speaker 5: I was after actually a Z from the Alphole Crew. He was actually in that group.
Speaker 1: I believe he was writing no, no, no, yes, I'm pretty tony ye pretty ye.
Speaker 3: Alright, So anyway, Mob Style and school I don't know what. I don't know when Mob Style came out. Okay, I don't I can't know so that, but I was aware of that group. Okay, all right, you know, if people trying to put you in history, you want to be placed correctly. I don't want to know fucking fake ship. Yes, So the schooly D story goes like this. I was already writing gangster raps, but I never put it on wax. I was writing rhymes for gang bangers. One here, gang bang around. Yeah, strolling through the city in the middle of the night. Niggas on my left, niggas on my right yelling cut cut cut rip. That'd be nigga. I'll see if you bad enough, come fuck with me. I seen another nigga. I say crip again. He sayd fuck a crip nigga.
Speaker 2: This is brim.
Speaker 3: So we pulled out the rosco. Roscoe said, crack. I look again. Nigga was shooting back, so we fell to the ground. Ain't for his head one more time. The bitch nigga was dead, walked over to him, took his gun, spitting his face, and began to run. So if you see another nigga laying dead in the street and a puddle of blood from his head to his feet, open time. All your niggas get hip. It's fuck of brim niggas, west side cryp. I said that on the others, on the other drink champs because I then I ended with rolling sixty crip. But that was something I would say. One here, one more, I got an I don't know how to fuck you on TV. This This was even This was even more fun. This one's even more fun. I said this and crench your eyes.
Speaker 2: So like this.
Speaker 3: Fall into a party on a Saturday night and I left the pad down and out for a fight. Had on a waistline leather Levi's cuff under the coat. I knew I was buffed because I was driving the iron getting ready for that set, and I was packing a punching nigga. Never forget the ring in my ear was hanging halfway to the floor, and I was so tight I walked sideways out the door. Now the hoop hee was lifted front side and rear, and the glass was all tinted. Wasn't none of it clear? It was Craiger down. Those are the rims. Was Craiger down with a cold ass pearl deepest diamond tuck in the goddamn world. I had quadraphonic headphones with the tone you could fix under the seat. I had a thirty yard six. Now on the way to the party, I was scraping and hopping because I knew by the end of the night there was gonna be some popping.
Speaker 1: When I got to the set, I let it lay.
Speaker 2: On the ground.
Speaker 3: The budas came to check it out from Chinatown. Now, when I fell in the party, it was niggas for days. I was looking crazy, some hellified ways. I just walked in the corner and listened as they talk. First James Brown record, I jumped up from crip walk. Now I was walking so hard. Niggas couldn't compete.
Speaker 1: I to turn out the.
Speaker 3: Party with my goddamn feet, but norridy. Then some niggas went and got out of line. His nose, my fists had no trouble to find. After driving the iron so hard all that day. I drove his grilling in one hell of a way, but his partners fell out. Sodid mine squabron went on for quite a long time, but then all of a sudden I heard some popping. I knew not too soon this fire would be stopping. I seen twenty two thirty eighths and a forty five. I knew not too much would be left alive. The niggas broke out, and a god damn raig because I didn't think I seen the sawed off gauge, because I was sent from.
Speaker 1: Hell not heaven.
Speaker 3: I broke out with the chrome played at three fifty seven, and the name of the game is simply survival. At the end of the night, ten was dead on arrival, and me and my partners, we was gone like the winds. Police blamed it on the crips of the brims, but some niggas knew in the corner and the dark, them crazy niggas reside and try and go park. They go by the name of Burnett, zelln Trey, and they belonged to the association called the EPA that was called the Eliminator's Pimping Association.
Speaker 1: That was one of my little cruise back in the deaths.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: For the record, this is free hip hop, damn. This is nineteen seventy say five.
Speaker 1: In high school.
Speaker 3: Saying these rhymes to the gang bangers to entertain them, so I totain them. I can insert your gang name, I can insert your shit into the set.
Speaker 1: This is how I kept them savage niggas.
Speaker 2: Off my pumper.
Speaker 1: Your nigga said, say my name, cook put my name in it.
Speaker 3: So this is it. So when hip hop came, I'm like, I could do that, but I just had to learn how to syncopate it on the be. Some people still don't them. I think I can syncopate it on the bee, but that's another story. But that was my attempt to learn how to do it. So that was gangster rap, right. That's so if you count that, then maybe I am the first. It wasn't recorded, so I'm in the I'm in the club called two one three No three.
Speaker 1: It was in Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: And I hear this.
Speaker 1: PSK making that green. People always say, what the hell does that mean? Peace for the people who can't.
Speaker 3: Understand, And the music sounded I don't never get high, but it sounded like angel dust.
Speaker 2: I can hear that.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. I can hear the PSK.
Speaker 2: All that reverb was like.
Speaker 3: And all of a sudden, it's pimp niggas BSk, you know, And then that then he said, I went to the DJ.
Speaker 1: I put my.
Speaker 3: Pistol up against his head, said suck ass nigga, I should shoot you dead, And I was like, who is this?
Speaker 1: So I do the research. They say it's school.
Speaker 2: He d we have to go to the library.
Speaker 1: I had Google. I had to check with my DJ good but that record fucked me up.
Speaker 3: That night.
Speaker 1: I was in the up chilling doing my thing, but that record, I was like, who is that? So we found out schoolly D.
Speaker 3: We did the research, said Philly like cool and they like PSK stands for park side killers. I'm like, he's rapping a sets ask PSK stands for park side killers, A gang never been done before. No hip hop was throw your hands in the air with peace love and you know this nigga's rapping about a gang.
Speaker 1: So I was like that was a green light, like oh, all these other rhymes.
Speaker 3: I got over here because I was like, you can't do it like you gotta remember hip hop was like disco. It was a marginalized early spikes. Yeah, it was like being like rock star. So I'm like, but then I but then I heard this and it was such a dope record. Then then he had smoked some killed and he was cursing in it, like let's go, So we take the eight away.
Speaker 1: We make the beat.
Speaker 3: Uh, six in the morning was made six in the morning, but Pepe game, Pepe game, six in the morning was made kind of like to resemble a Beastie Boys beat. BC Boys had a record came holding out hit it well, I chill, will well, I got then it would stop holding out boom, and then it would start boom. So six in the morning stopped and started, and then then and then boom boom. That was the Beastie Boys stopped. I wanted to make the record stop and start right so that I take I take that.
Speaker 2: You got you.
Speaker 1: DJ's understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Right, because right because that was if you listen to holding out hit it, the record stopped holding that Wait a minute, right, we'll have to bo it starts again.
Speaker 2: The break.
Speaker 3: It's just separate. So do our break with dn damn damn. So now schooly d PSK was making that green. People always say, what the hell does that mean?
Speaker 1: Six in the morning? Police at my.
Speaker 3: Door, fresh shaded this squeaker. Let me take you another woeman, take you one more step. The boys in the hood are always started talking that trash same ship, all three the same k and same was followings. Dra will tell you that Boys in the Hood is six in the morning Part two.
Speaker 2: Wow, I was today years old.
Speaker 3: But see when I tell you when I when I when I say it, it makes sense, makes total sense. So Schooly d inspired six in the morning. But what I did was six in the morning. I put the guns and the drugs and all the other ship because schooly was vain right, you know. Yeah, people always say what peace for, the People can't understand how one by one, home one homeboy became a man. As for the way you scream and shall one by one, I'm knocking you out. That was basically it. I was six in the morning. Police at my door. You know, they found an oozy and a hand canade and we beat the bitch down at the guy.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like I took the fentanyl on it. I added it.
Speaker 3: I took ANDID but yeah, it was on steroids. But then what happened is Schoolly, here's it, and gave me the He's like, yo, nigga, that's once, he said. Once I heard the he said, that's it's hard. So me and school he always were friends. It never turned into nothing. And then when Q came out with boys in the hood.
Speaker 1: I got it. It was just homaged one to the next.
Speaker 3: School D now Schoolly D's in Philly. Schooly D started. He started making no, no, no, that's that steady be Oh my bad. I'm here to get you right, I'm my hip hop cars. Yeah, yeah WOOI has been doing soundtracks. He actually brought up King of New York. He did the soundtrack for King of New York.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so school he's my dude, but yeah, school he has old school style of rhyme and you know the way it is that that SCHOOLI but he was always dirty way.
Speaker 1: So did you pick school e D or Coolie Rap?
Speaker 3: We forgot I think I said both because come on, it's a demo, like, yo, what the fuck? DJ polo like, I think really like when we say rock, him was the flower, but.
Speaker 1: Cougie was the was. It was introduction a complex rhyme style.
Speaker 3: Complex Tela Rock really was to me the first introduction of the complex rhyme style. But then Coogie Raps sped it up. Yeah, he took it into the future. I didn't record with cool g Rap two for DJ k slagh rest in Peace, one of his.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've been very fortunate to meet all my idols and have them have a mutual respect. The first thing is you meet your idol and they look at you, they don't like you.
Speaker 1: You a sucker. Oh you don't like them when you meet it.
Speaker 3: I've had that happen weird ship, you know, I'm into it. I had somebody that I dis and I met and they was the nicest person in the world.
Speaker 1: I learned my lesson. I stopped that. You don't want to say that first thing. I think it was. I think it was mc shy d, remember Shidy, Yeah, well yo.
Speaker 2: Shakey Atlanta, Miami.
Speaker 1: I think yes.
Speaker 3: And I don't know why. I don't even know why. I wasn't a fan or what I meant. And he's like, your wife's see you. My idol was like, yo, I'm an asshole. I'm an ass out here in Miami. He was, I'm a fucking asshole. This is the nicest dude in the motherfucking world. I don't even know why. And you know, at that point, I like I told you last night, man. Music is religion is like ice cream. That's what it's thirty one flavors. Whatever you like.
Speaker 1: That's what you like. I've learned that over time it's not for me to pick out your.
Speaker 3: Preference in what you like. You like it for a certain reason, you know what I'm saying. Eminem to me is one of the most incredible rappers. Eminem right, Okay, Eminem says his first record he ever heard was Reckless.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Eminem raps at a certain frequency. If you can't dial into that frequency, you can't listen to Eminem forever. Because Eminem raps at a certain frequency, I tune into a lower voice. Does that mean I dislike Eminem? No, I cannot wrap at his level. But for me listening, I'd rather hear big Daddy King. You know what I'm saying. It's just where my energy level is as a player now and an older player too.
Speaker 1: I ride around more chill mc Wren or Spice one, both both because they both legends.
Speaker 2: Wren is.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, shots.
Speaker 3: Ren was always to meet the more serious, believable, dangerous person in NWA because Ren was I remember Ren was Easy's boy. So Ren was really Reren's birthday was yesterday, Yeah, so Ren was really about it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Spice One was just a fucking His style was incredible and you know Stipe Spice one is still a beast. I was once again. I love all West Coast because all the bay, everybody.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: See, when I started, I couldn't come out crippled blood. I got to come out West Coast, you know, West Coast. So everybody from two short, all the people up and down the bay, it was all help to me.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 2: Let me, let me added a different one, King t or mc Breed.
Speaker 1: Both both Uh ain't no ain't no future in the fun funding.
Speaker 3: I went to Flint, Michigan when Breed was alive, nicest guy in the world.
Speaker 1: Was there water good back then?
Speaker 3: Yep, I lost my love. I lost my leather coat. That's my only bad thing. You know how you do it a show and you throw your leather coat. Niggas sol the ship. I went back to the show. Where is it that you didn't get it?
Speaker 1: You didn't get it them niggas.
Speaker 3: But uh, if you listen to a lot of any Like everybody knows Breed's number one records, But if you listen to any of his records, he's dope. Is dope, Breed is dope. He up, He's wrapping his ass and Now King T is a whole another.
Speaker 1: You know. To me, King T was West Coast Biggie. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The King T flow is so similar to Biggie's flow. And I have a picture of him and Biggie together. Wow wow Yeah. So you know, well, it's Tila man, that's my guy. Man, that's my guy. King T has what's called the drunk technique. You gotta get King T on the no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, alcohol is if anything, So for him.
Speaker 3: To browse, he has to hit the right level of drunkness. If he gets too high, can't do it. If he gets not high enough to flow, don't happen when he hits that. The drunk technique was one.
Speaker 1: Of his records.
Speaker 3: It's yodd. I mean, so the Kong Fu technique, the drunken Monkey pretty much pretty much.
Speaker 1: But Tila is. No one raps like King T. Nobody, And to me, honestly, that's my thing. In hip hop.
Speaker 3: It's like originality is number one. But there's no component or jega, there's no nads, there's no so you name it off people that just no, they're not replicas. But you know, I've had people show my house fucking like DHL men Ryan and they sound just like DMX. I'm like, you sound like DMX. Like how many rappers are come to me with demos that sound like Park.
Speaker 2: I'm like, and tell you they sound like it too, which is even.
Speaker 1: Didn't count, motherfucker they say such and such. Ever last, when I first met him, he sounded like rock him.
Speaker 3: And he was really yeah, yeah he was in. He sounded like when long when we have the long hair? And I said, you dope, but you need to rap in your own voice. A lot of rappers don't like the sound of their own voice, so to emulate other other rappers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the next.
Speaker 3: Drink chance is dope. Are we getting into stuff? She is opening, I'm opening up some good ship.
Speaker 1: Hip hop.
Speaker 2: We're going We're going to strip club Booby Trapper, Magic City.
Speaker 3: I've never been to the only strip club in Miami I think I ever been. Was Do y'all ever have one called Diamonds and Rolex and Rolex Rolex back with Luke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a quick story for you. He was I don't know, did Luke dude? Was there a players ball in Miami? But he had a party so so so Luke's remember the club Luke's Club, Yes, I was, I was d Jane right, and Trick Daddy was there. I remember that part. But I remember you coming up to me. I'm DJing. I got a picture of this, and you said, I want a rhyme. Play Shook One's part two okay, And I played it and I'm deep and yeah, and I got the picture of it.
Speaker 1: Picture looks queerd, but we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna put the picture in the episode. But it was, it was, It was memorable.
Speaker 1: I think that was the night I first ran into Pound.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you it was. I never seen right, am I right, guarantee it was.
Speaker 3: I ran the Pound and I'd never seen so much jewelry. I was like, who the fuck you? Yoo?
Speaker 2: Pound?
Speaker 3: What we fucks with That's all I care is. The second word is we fuck with you?
Speaker 2: And I'm good and Pound some real dudes, good dudes. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I met them that night. They was They was like, we fuck with you. I'm like, so then I'm good. Good shout out to Pound, Pound.
Speaker 2: All right. Law and Order organized crime or law and Order.
Speaker 1: S v U them all s VU.
Speaker 3: It's a different different okay, the law and Order, the original law and Order. I give a little love the original Law and Order, because without them we would have never been on Lawn Order. Organized Crime is Chris Maloney's show spin off.
Speaker 1: But I got to fuck with my team. I had to keep my motherfucking boat floating. You feel me s for you.
Speaker 3: Mariska hargeta most incredible woman to work with. I've been very fortunate to have a sweet you know. Marishka was Jane Mansfield's daughter. She comes from you know, royalty, right, and I love working with her. And it's been a very, very fun job. People say, well, how do you do the job so long? Because I go to work every day and everybody respects everybody and we all know we all players on the team. So yeah, it's for you season twenty five till season thirty to see till I check out at this bitch, you.
Speaker 6: Just do.
Speaker 1: You look? End it out? Got one?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: Look look at Look at y'all? Why is this glass not going down? Because that girl right there?
Speaker 2: Shut out Jamie r Bartender.
Speaker 1: Amy keep sliding in and I'm not Jamie.
Speaker 3: Don't fill this up no more because I have no reference point to how much I'm shrinking Chee the non alcoholic Nigga drink Champs got.
Speaker 2: Me Open right OG or Home Invasion og.
Speaker 3: OG because OG, like I said, it was a result of NWA coming out and ME coming hard as I could at the time with the attempt to do a double album, but Warner Brothers didn't want to put out a double album because wax It went out and they couldn't put more than seventy something minutes on a CD. So that and then Home Invasion was me in turmoil. Home Invasion was after cop Killer. That's when I went over the priority and I was kind of like flustered. So it was an angry album. I don't like making angry. I don't like making impulsive music.
Speaker 1: I like to make reactive right. Yeah you might, but it was good.
Speaker 3: The first record on Home Invasion is the best rum it's on when I'm mad at the Source. Source Magazine, you're the first one, you know, Fuck Source Magazine.
Speaker 1: How do you know you pick? You picked Chuck Cuban me, how the fuck you pick us? Three?
Speaker 3: They dissed us three? Yeah, I said, you punk motherfucker think ship. You're just a bunch of whores making money. No, I said, Source, you punk motherfucker think ship, You're just a bunch of hoes making money off the pros, and when I see it'll get you in your site.
Speaker 1: In my sights, I'll give you ask a story to write.
Speaker 2: Magazine in that one. Being an actor, being a musician, whoever you want to take, just being an MC.
Speaker 1: Both both, I'll explain, okay, please.
Speaker 3: Being a musician is beautiful because I control everything I go in the studio. I get to pick the beat or make the beat. I write the lyrics, I create the entire picture. Acting you're just doing what you say. I have to act until you're happy. I have to fill your image. If you're the director effort and he's say no, now you are more mad than that, I get mad.
Speaker 1: You know, no, split the difference, so I'm working off of you. So it's different.
Speaker 3: The only way acting would be like music, but I wrote it, directed it, and produced it. But usually as an actor, you're falling into somebody else's vision. But that being said, both of them are dream jobs. Both of them jobs you don't ever retire from ever. I cannot. I can stop making records forever. If I go to a Norri show and he calls me up on the state, I got bars. And also like rock Kim said, I came in the door, said it before. I never let the mic magnetize me no more. Well, even when I'm at other people's show, I'm like thinking in my head some bars just in case I get called off because you're black out, You'll be on somebody. You know, fujis pull you up. You're like, oh shit, so you know you you know, sometimes even if I'm going to people's show, I might say I might practice some shit just on the way there, just because.
Speaker 1: I don't wrap off the head.
Speaker 3: I'm a writer, so I got to figure out which I'm gonna pull up at that moment. You know. But uh, and acting, who retires from acting? Those are dream jobs. Those are those people dream to do that ship.
Speaker 1: So for the rest of your life and making music could be bad, your needs be bad.
Speaker 3: In the movie, in the show, I mean, Morgan Freeman is still getting the bad.
Speaker 2: You get ahead of the bag, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's entertainment is something that's beautiful and if you are fortunate enough to be able to make a career doing it, first off, you're living a miracle.
Speaker 2: The mirror of percentages are very loaded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have counleises right, what like, like, hey man, I got fucked up hands from the jewelry stealing jewelry back in the day. I got ready for that. But yeah, but I uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're both dream jobs. And I think as long as you know it and you're aware of it, you'll continue to be blessed. I'm very, very fucking fortunate, you know, to be still in the game. Like I said, when Law and Orders, I'm just gonna go read for all Samuel Jackson's part. You know, I can say motherfuckers just like him. You know what I'm saying. So I'll read for all Samuel's parts. Maybe I'll get a couple.
Speaker 2: And trying to get in Marshall's You've been doing crazy. Marshall's is good.
Speaker 3: I fucking uh was watching Shaq one day. Shaq said he never spent any money out of the NBA.
Speaker 6: It was like.
Speaker 1: And I saw that.
Speaker 3: I was like we So I called my manager. I said, I need some I need some like advertising gigs. They won't fuck with you, top killer, you bad this, I said, give me. I need to advertising agent. So we got somebody. The first one I got was the Lemonade read the sign, so I do that and they waiting on the blowback. They waiting on something and no one said anything, And next thing you know, I just start getting the fun I got one coming out. Of course, I got car shield. Car shield is a car shill is a gig. So what happens is you go out, you do the ship. They like it, and they sign you on for years.
Speaker 2: It's like getting the show. So you do a year deal, a year.
Speaker 3: Deal that lets you run the commercials all year. At the end of that year they got to read up and me, I just didn't want you see them what I did with Iverson and Rick Flair yep, yep. And the bag is the bag is substantial. The people that have that.
Speaker 5: Do promotion like Cheerios. Yeah, those ad agencies have they flush with cash.
Speaker 1: Cheerios Nigga, How the fuck I get on a Cheerios box? Just said, I don't know neither.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you how. I'll tell you how. Even though we off topic. The Guardian, the gates have changed. The gate the gatekeepers, yep. The people that used to be in charge are gone.
Speaker 1: They grew up. The new people that are in charge are are fans.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: How the fuck did Snoop and them get at the super Bowl because the person that's making the call is forty eight years old. They grew up with us. The old motherfuckers are gone. The people that I love Ice fuck that he put them on Cheerios boss. He's thirty seven years old, ceo, billionaire. So now right now, that's.
Speaker 1: Why Snoop is doing so. Snoop just in Taco Bell Corona.
Speaker 5: But the people during Corona, though, Let's just be clear, during Corona that made me say, look, he this Corona.
Speaker 1: I don't even know, but Corona, everybody was moving away.
Speaker 2: From that beer.
Speaker 1: He's like, wait a minute, it's the cat that's like.
Speaker 3: Fiftieth anniversary of hip hop. Hip hop has gray hair. Yes, I mean, I'm clearly.
Speaker 1: So. The people that are in charge are grown.
Speaker 3: So the theory that you're gonna walk into anything, I don't care whatever it is, and you're gonna run into somebody doesn't like you.
Speaker 1: Fuck that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna walk in meet the CEO and he's gonna be Ice. I went to college with you, I grew up with you. Man, Let's get some money, you know, I remember I remember Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off the bat. Right now, we could put out a bat cereal. Why was he on the cover and it would self, parents would get it, the kids would have no idea and it would sell. Because the guards have changed. You wouldn't be on the radio if the guard I mean on podcast, if it wasn't the guards have changed. He's in our guard right, how about that?
Speaker 2: But what you said is important is still being in this space is a percentage thing. And everybody's lucky that can actually survive in the space.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you can survive in the space. But the new people are our people. They grew up on us. So the fear of ice tea is no longer there. The fear of cop killers. Know, I was there when that happened.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 3: Fuck that, you know, let's get some money. When I saw Snoop with Leiah Coca back in the day, I'm like yo. Then with Barbara Waltz, mart mother Stewart, that was it selling lighters like Martha Stewart should be an honorary honorary member of g unit.
Speaker 1: Because she did her time. She held her water.
Speaker 2: We should have she's able to drink cham. She held the water. She got caught.
Speaker 1: She said all right, He.
Speaker 5: Said she should be honorary member of g UNIT. I respect that she didn't. Yes, I mean I respect her gangst It.
Speaker 1: She did a ship.
Speaker 3: She's back doing her things. She fucks with Snoop. She's obviously a real woman.
Speaker 2: That's real ship.
Speaker 1: You wonder that we're.
Speaker 2: Almost done with quick times, not so quick time with slime.
Speaker 1: We having fun with it. We elaborate fact.
Speaker 3: We're gonna show you how quick time should be done. Just answered the mother question, elaborate.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna make this a three way quicker.
Speaker 3: I would elaborate on that for us. Second, I just heard that pimp and you just put down. But could you elaborate on that?
Speaker 2: So there's gonna be a three way question. New York, Miami or l A.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean all all, all of above.
Speaker 2: I was still drinking.
Speaker 1: I love I took a shot for that. I love Miami. I start with Miami. Okay.
Speaker 3: First place I became in the United States, they had blue water, you know New York.
Speaker 1: That shit's crazy. Yeah, come on, It's like, it's like, let's speak on this. It's like it's like seaweed and ship.
Speaker 2: I came down here.
Speaker 1: I'm like I'm in the Caribbean.
Speaker 3: You know. I used to live in Sonnyiles. I had a patent Sonny ailes and go out as beach. It's beautiful. Miami's going through transitions.
Speaker 1: You know. I've been coming out here for years, so it's different.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I came out here one time on Memorial Day.
Speaker 3: I never seen so many white T shirts and tims and my motherfucker around.
Speaker 2: How can I be down?
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, let me take my bad mass back up. The North plays like. I was like, it was yo, what nigga was yo? Yo? I'm like, okay, they got wilder on the times, so I was like cool.
Speaker 3: But I love Miami. It's beautiful, it's fun. The people are here. You just got to know where to hang and what to do. I mean, we're playing on going down to Miami Beach tonight. We're staying up here. We're going down to Miami Beach tonight with the wives, have some dinner, enjoy it. It's a beautiful place. New York I learned to love New York. I came to New York. I'm like, first, when I got to New York, I was shook because I came in the winter and everybody had coats niggas looked big. I thought niggas was looking at me. I'm like, niggas is looking at me, Like, no, they ain't looking at you. Niggas in New York got shipped to.
Speaker 1: Do, they got shit to do. They ain't not thinking of about you.
Speaker 3: So I like, I like, you know, New York is different because y'all don't really have the gang, so to speak. But Bronx niggas don't fuck with Brooklyn. Niggas don't fuck you know. It's different. But I'm from I'm in Manhattan, so you know. I hooked up with Smooth, a hustler trigger to gambler uh Brooklyn, and then of course I'm hooked in with the Zulu cats. I used to roll with Vo and all the Sugar Ray and all them up there.
Speaker 1: I love New York City. I don't think there's another city in the world like New York City. No, damn New York is. A New York is like a Rubik's cube.
Speaker 3: No matter how long you lived in New York, you can't tell a nigga what's on twenty sixth Streets. And if you do, and if you lived on twenty sixth Street, you can't tell them what's on twenty seventh And if you know what's on twenty seventh, you don't know what's on the thirty fourth floor and in the back. So you go the building in New York. Downstairs it's a regular store. Next door is somebody Sweet, next door is the next floor is a sweatshop.
Speaker 1: Next floor is some S and M shit. Next floor is.
Speaker 3: Somebody got this badass, you know, loft hook. Next floor is abandoned. It's like New York. And then then it does this once you think you know what, it shifts like that hell razor ball. New York's a deep motherfucker. You can never penetrate the depth of New York City, right And then La. I love La, but LA is violent and LA is a very very fucked up place outside of the nice areas. You know, when you go to Beverly Hills, a lot of people come to LA and they go, oh, yeah, I was in La.
Speaker 1: I'm like nigga, you was on Sunset.
Speaker 3: La is forty to fifty square miles of niggas and Mexicans surrounding it, and we that we have gangs, and the gangs are extremely dangerous and growing up there, just going from block to block is dangerous. I don't really fuck around in LA, like I survived LA, but I don't go.
Speaker 1: Back and hang out like you go back to the block.
Speaker 3: Now you go back to prison. You went to prison, you go back visit nigga yah nah Non, I don't because I made it. And you're safe when you got your boots on the ground. I don't care what neighborhood you're from. You're safe when you got your boots on the ground and you know everything that's happening, everything's moving. But once you leave and you come back, you're not tied in like that. You're not tied in like that. And I had a story going back to LA. I went to Crenshaw, but I hung in the forties before the forties had a gag and they want to go shoot an album cover of magazine cover.
Speaker 1: So I back to forty second. I'm there.
Speaker 3: I'm in the corner right by a liquor store, and they got the white people shooting the video and little niggas from the forties. Now, Crip said, it's being very disrespectful folk. Are these white people coming up in the hood. D I'm ice tea. Niggas would not back down. Man, fuck that ice.
Speaker 2: You ain't woo.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, so I called down the street. I call my boy Shiny Mack who lived on the street.
Speaker 1: Yo, mac man. These little niggas over here is being disrespectful. Nigga.
Speaker 3: I'm in Colorado, nigga, my age, I'm out. So I'm like, call little called Big Timmy. Who's Big Timmy? Big Timmy? My boy Leonnon Jackson's Timmy Fly. That's Lennon Jackson's son. I mean I'm little, uh brother, you mean Timmy?
Speaker 1: I used to carry it like this.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's Big Timmy. Now that's Timmy Fly. I call him, Yo, Timmy. I'm around the corner from your mother's house.
Speaker 1: Oh what up?
Speaker 3: Unto your little forty niggas be in disrespectful Hold up, He hits the corner, jumps out, smacking niggas.
Speaker 1: Nigga. That's my uncle Couz nigga trying to die. But I'll clears it out. We shoot. What did I learned?
Speaker 3: It's not my rep it's the nigga that's putting a foot in the ass on a daily basis that they scared of. They don't know the shit about me, So therefore, in the hood. My card is invalid to these little niggas. They don't give a fuck. I'm an old nigga, so fuck I'm like, I'm not hanging out. I can't hang out no more. I'm not supposed to be there. And always say Also, if I he gets shot or if I die, I supposed to die someplace I should be. I should slip and falling Gucci's or some shit nigga can't nigga was in the hood. I don't want the niggas to be in my funeral. Like dumb motherfucker. What was that nigga doing over there? Why was Nori back or what you know, Nori flipped the speedy boat, you know, like you know that's how it shit happens. I can't get caught, but yeah, some pimpsit, you know fly you know in this pop private jet trip.
Speaker 1: Look at not But it can't be niggas in the funeral, Like dumb ass. Why was nice even hanging out with these niggas?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: Like so I always think about that, like I can't be in the caught in the wrong place. So l a man, my heart bleeds for La. But LA is is a dangerous place with whether you're from there or you're not. People like, oh you think you got I don't have no pass. I got to pass maybe in my little neighborhood. I go over there, I'm out of bounds. You know what's the kid PMB manchesting like nigga. I don't even go there. I'm from La them is Swan's over there. Every area got a gang. I don't know them niggas, God bless them. But man, stay in bounds. If you go to l A, stay above Wiltshire, go go into you know, West Hollywood and all the night, don't whow It's like, why would I come to New York and like take me to the grimiest area?
Speaker 1: Kind of sens does that make? You said you used to like to do that. I used to do that.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, you know, it's crazy. When I first got out, That's what I thought. Was it, like, you know, we will go to a certain place and we will say, Yo, where's the hood. So we didn't want the weed man to come to us like how we do now. We wanted to go to the weed man.
Speaker 1: So we would go. We would do that and we would enjoy it.
Speaker 5: And it was the matter that I'm a fucking forty five year old girl man with kids. I realized that was the dumbest shit I probably ever did. Like, like I was already I'm there to do a show, I'm there for business, and I'm requested to go to the worst area that's in that city to buy bud.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what, that's kind of how I met you. So it's kind of it's kind of like good and bad, you know what I'm saying. Like, but what I'm saying is like that sound of play is crazy, now, you know what I mean, Like it's dangerous.
Speaker 1: Well, let me go to the next question before we go to the last, quick time, let me say something about that real quick.
Speaker 3: When we used to travel from sea from city to city, I was I had a mentality of taking me to your leader. So like when we go to a city, I would be like, you know, when I would meet people, I'm like, who the niggas around here?
Speaker 1: And I would bring them to my show.
Speaker 3: I would show them love, I'd give them passes and ship and that was how I would always stay secure.
Speaker 1: Instead of acting like we can go to the actual not not going in your hood. Fuck that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'll invite them to the hotel, but get them some you know, laminates, things of that nature.
Speaker 1: And then I was good.
Speaker 3: I always said, you know, we're here in your town because all gangsters want is respect.
Speaker 1: That's all they want. You show them that. Hey man, I'm paying amens, your wife, you fucking fans. Okay, yo, we.
Speaker 3: Hear we in your town. Let us show us how you move. But like you say, I'm not going to the club after with you guys. That ain't gonna happen. No, I'm good, I'm chilling the hotel. You don't need to push your stripes. You don't need to push how the streets you are. You know, I always say, if you challenge your street, the streets will catch your fade. They'll take your fathe ice think you can't get god, somebody will catch that fade. So I don't want no beef. I don't want no beef neither.
Speaker 5: But on that note, hold on, I got to ask you this because this is on the list. This is my producers will make this questions iced tea soldier boy.
Speaker 1: Hey yo, this drinks are really starting to sink here. I'm not even gonna validate that. That's a joke. Question. Let's build on that. How did that start? What the hell happened? I don't get it. I was in the studio. I want Soldier Boy to hear this. Okay, Yes, I was in the.
Speaker 3: Studio making a mixtape for some of my homies. I'm in the booth. The niggas start fucking with me in the booth like they trying to, you know, like a fighter, trying to get you to spit. Niggas don't want to hear you, nigga. They want that Soldier Boy. They want some Hurricane Chris nigga. I'm like, fuck them niggas, and that's how it started. I just said I don't even know. I didn't even know who Soldier Boy was. I was like, fuck them niggas, and then I just went on my old school iced tea nigga heat and bitchy. I mean, you know, you put a nigga in front of me, I'm a devour them. I don't even know who it is, so I was talking my shit. I don't know who Soldier Boy is. I have nothing against the guy. These idiots took that and put it at the front of the mixtape. These guys aren't my friends.
Speaker 1: Anymore.
Speaker 2: You feel me?
Speaker 3: You feel me right now? You could we could go in the studio. Were chilling right now. I know I'm being filmed, so I'm be held accountable for every single word I say. But if me and you is chilling and I'm talking shit and I look over and Homie got the camera, Oh yeah, what's that old nigga's hood TV? Niga hood TV nigga? I might segue into a murder nigga like Kanti turn that shit off? Right?
Speaker 1: So they took something. It was.
Speaker 3: It was just me talking shit, right, that goes out? Soldier boy pops up?
Speaker 1: Fuck? Iiced ta old ass nigga? Is that? And the third?
Speaker 3: But oh la la la. I could have let that die. But my son, who was eighteen years old, Dad, you gotta replag.
Speaker 2: Y'all feel me?
Speaker 3: My son tells me I got to reply because he's on.
Speaker 2: The same age way. So I'm in Arizona.
Speaker 3: I say some dumb shit and I regret it because people looked at it like I just jumped out of my bed and went in on the kid. That's not how it happened. It was just and even the insults. I was not even aiming it at him. I didn't really even know. They just Hurricane Chris who is he? He's a rapper, right, I was talking about depth. I don't know them. Hurricane sold you. I'm not your enemy. I don't know you like I don't care like. It wasn't that thing, but it got bent out of shape and people.
Speaker 1: Like ICEH, well you did say some real shit. I regret it because that's not my character. My character ain't to go in on niggas like that.
Speaker 2: But you know, I learned.
Speaker 3: I learned my lesson. I ain't talking shit about no fucking body, then fuck that because it's counterproductive. It don't make you no money. You know, it don't make you no money, will make you bigger, They'll make you smarter. Dissing people if they're not your flavored.
Speaker 1: It's not my flavor, you know.
Speaker 3: But people will turn something that's not a diss into a disc because I say, I like DMX over P A dis not.
Speaker 1: A disk preferent.
Speaker 2: They create narratives to monetize.
Speaker 1: Now we're looking at your shirt. You got a shirt with every sponsor in the world. This is an F one shirt.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was fortunate enough to meet Lewis Hamilton back I w C. Yeah, well Louis Dries from Mercedes. He used to drive from McLaren.
Speaker 1: But I'm a w C. Right, I'm a car guy. So you just had the.
Speaker 3: Formula one down here. So I'm friends and he's a black kid, and he's you know, world champion three times.
Speaker 5: So yeah, the last last one one. This is the last quick time of slanm question. We still got more, but QuickTime of slant loyalty or respect?
Speaker 1: Loyalty? Loyalty? Why?
Speaker 3: Because loyalty can save your life. Loyalty is the most difficult thing, you know. I say, respects about the hardest damn thing on the streets to earn. But respect is ego based. It's like, do I care if people respect me or this, that and the other. I don't care if you respect me, but if you're loyal to me, I much more prefer that.
Speaker 1: I prefer loyalty. You know, a nigga can respect you and still throw you in under the jail. Wow, you know I love you? But yeah, but a loyal motherfucker won't turn on you. See.
Speaker 3: The difference is I won't cross you, not because I'm gonna get caught, not because.
Speaker 2: I'm a rat.
Speaker 1: It's because I can't. That's loyalty. I just can't do it. It's my motherfucking man. I cannot do it.
Speaker 3: So that's why whenever somebody out is pocket, out of pocket, talking out of line, saying ship, you gotta understand it. That's not loyalty, because if I'm loyal to you, I will never utter a word out of my mouth against it.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. I can't. I take a shot to that.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, FN let me he helped me down. He helped me down. I was fucked up. I slep on his count.
Speaker 1: By the way, we're gonna correct you. His name's e F. That's after.
Speaker 2: DJ e f N about hold on, I want to go to the root of body count. Let go where does that? Where do you get that? Where did you? Where did that come into play?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What what's THEO of that?
Speaker 3: Real quickly, my mother died, my father died. I was moved to Los Angeles to live with my aunt.
Speaker 2: She had a son.
Speaker 1: Her name His name was Earl. He thought he was Jimmy Hendrix.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: He kept the radio station on the rock stations. I had to live in a room with him, so I was put into the rock world by listening to everything from Jef throw Tall, Black Sabbath, Shit traffic Ello, Blue Oyster called all the rock beds. So I understood rock. I also understood punk because punk came through Black Flag things of that nation.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's part one. I grew up listening to.
Speaker 3: Parliament Funkadelic things like that, so rock and guitars were all always part of my thing. I go on tour with Public Enemy, I go to Europe and the kids are moshing off of hip hop. Now, if you played in front of a mosh pit before mop it's wow. So once you see a moshpit, fuck a crowd, marsh pits, that's the shit. So I'm like, yo, this shit is dope, right, So now I want to make music for Mashpip. They would mash off of terrooy Dome and fast stuff. So now I got Ernie. C Ernie c was my childhood friend, went to Crenshall High School with me. He was a guitar virtuo. So I said, let's make a metal band. Let's make a rock band like O Jimmy Hendrix, but more like thrash, more fast, more fast. But I sing about the same things I sing about, and that's where body Count was introduced, and the first album had cop Killer, KKK, bitch, different things on it. It was also a chance for Iced Tea to pick another lane. Hip hop is now getting crowded, I said, so I did it on the original Gangster album. Body Count just recently won the Grammy for Best Metal Profile.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: So it's also like black people don't even know I got a bad black count.
Speaker 3: So we played for one hundred thousand people over at the download Fest in Europe. I just finished a new album which is called Merciless, and it's just a side gig to turn into a major gig. Now body Count sells more records than IC see wow, So that's BodyCount BC.
Speaker 1: And also body Count.
Speaker 3: The name body Count was how many people we got to show that we dope to become fans.
Speaker 1: And then also it's BC blood crip wow.
Speaker 3: Wow Yeah, so BC, BodyCount fans, respect to your A new albums coming.
Speaker 1: It's called Merciless. My first promotion on Drink Champs. That's goddamn.
Speaker 3: And I just showed I just showed Nori in a body Count video for Rain and Blood.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing a relaxed T.
Speaker 1: Shirt and a relaxed star Rock T shirt.
Speaker 3: Starck there you go, there you go, There she goes. She would lose that bullshit. The bottomless drink. It's got icy on drinks. Everybody out there is watching this to say, I see you say you don't drink, and it's that, and it's a that's it's the truth. I really naturally don't drink. But I'm not afraid of drink. I'm not afraid of marijuana. I've never smoked weed, but I've been on the levels of contact high.
Speaker 2: I ain't smoke either, but we're smoking right now with Nori.
Speaker 1: I hung around smoking right right now. I've been on levels of contact high.
Speaker 3: My son was working in a dispensary I never forget, and they were smoking all kinds of shit. You know the dispensary they got. You know, we smoking abortion, we smoking had body.
Speaker 1: You know the names like said body, this is killed twenty niggas try it.
Speaker 2: You know the names they got.
Speaker 3: So I'm so high, right, I'm saying, let me show you. So I tell the nigga like this, yo, Man, I got to go. Man, I'm about to get out of here. Man.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, so, what's happening now?
Speaker 3: Fuck, I'm like this figga this stut up, turn around and sat the funk back down. So, yeah, I've been very, very high. Back in the day, we used to sell weed. Remember when we was five fingers. Anybody that, Oh you get a bag of weed. It was a big bag of stress with stems and shit in it. Yeah, right, early weed game, back in the day.
Speaker 2: You call it what you will.
Speaker 3: So under my staircase, under my staircase in my apartment, I had a little closet and we called that the gas chamber, and they had pillows in there. Niggas, you go in there and smoke weed in there and just just like inhale it and just be fucked up. I didn't do it, though, but yeah, I've been high. And this champagne is not not not bad at all.
Speaker 1: But that's the spade. And I've been thinking that Japanese I've been dinging that DeLeon is all deion, that's the killer. This is the killer? Is this black owned? Did he give me some of that? Stop playing? You're gonna play it.
Speaker 2: There, You're gonna have some mamajuana?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I said when I tell people I don't drinks. FN when I tell people I don't drink or I don't get high, I always never thought it was I never thought it was attractive being drunk in public. That's not being drunk, you gotta be I understand that, that's what we do. But being drunk as a woman.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is wag. This is dangerous. Guys, let me explain something to you. Ice.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but a neighbor of minds said to me one day, he said, don't walk over there by Nori, you're gonna get high.
Speaker 3: To another neighbor, so another neighbors, don't walk over there, you're gonna get high, just might be near you by being nam me. I didn't like that really, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and I don't care, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. That's one. And I'm gonna do that. You know I'm gonna do Okay, right, cool?
Speaker 3: So if I drink anymore, I'm gonna do some breakdancing.
Speaker 5: Reconse tell much it's how much I didn't like when he said don't go over there, you'll get high.
Speaker 1: I went upstairs.
Speaker 5: I got all my papers, I got my medical marijuana license, and I came down and I said to the guy, excuse me, sir, I don't get high.
Speaker 1: I get medicaid. I said this doctor subscribed, right. Do you understand?
Speaker 3: Getting high is where you go see the guy on the corner that's doing pull upsselves your weed.
Speaker 1: This is I'm not. I don't get.
Speaker 3: Doctor told me to me a total difference. Clear, Sorry, I mean I'm myself my whole life. I've always been like a leader.
Speaker 1: That's so. But to say can you take a shot?
Speaker 2: Can't you take a shot?
Speaker 1: You got a shot drink?
Speaker 2: M hm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Why would the nigga do that?
Speaker 2: You gotta give him the mama water. Just say he did.
Speaker 1: Hold on, there's no.
Speaker 3: Reason to drink this ship other than to get high. It doesn't taste good this, Oh my god, I disagree.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: You know, the where you drink, the more, the easier it goes. Now, But shots are never good.
Speaker 3: No, shots are never good. You're supposed to have a chill to discuss something like, as I was saying, Nori, you ain't drinking.
Speaker 5: The military nor the military got I was army, Charlie was army.
Speaker 2: He was army too. He got kicked off the.
Speaker 1: Army twenty fIF D twenty fifth five d t the first army talk we ever had on drink camps ever.
Speaker 2: But now he talked about a lot of time dig this.
Speaker 3: I've always been a leader, I've never had security, and I always just felt being high compromised my situation. If I was your security, I couldn't get high right. But now I'm my security right, so I have to be on point now. The reason I never I never could afford security early in my life, and I noticed people that had it started to believe they needed it like their brains, that I can't go out without it now me like I say, I'm six foot. I always felt I missed a good fight, like I took martial arts. I can fight, but I gonna get to use it. So I always felt like I'm really waiting, like having a gun. You just bought a good new gun. I'm waiting to work this motherfucker, like I want to use it for myself.
Speaker 1: Always said like.
Speaker 3: I'm comfortable, I don't have beef. If you come to rob me, my shit's insured. I'm not afraid now I know I gave you that gotta relaxed T shirt. Yeah, I'm not afraid. Up to this point. Now I might say this, go out here and get laid down, but with that, but my point is alcohol was one of my ways of saying I need to be on point.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: What happened was early in my life. My guys, I became the designated driver or the sober nigga and the crew, and they liked it. When I was young, big homies just like, Yo, nigga, hit the weed. I'm like, I want to hit the weed, you bitch. If you don't hit the weed, well I'm a bitch. Make me hit it while you tripping. Nigga while you tripping. Now, anybody tries to get me high, big homie like, nah, nigga, don't get high.
Speaker 1: He don't get out because he couldn't get me to do it. But so now I become the cat and the crew. Ice is good.
Speaker 3: So I'm the nigga like if shit, the ship pops off, I'm grabbing niggas like yo nigga, if.
Speaker 1: The police pull up, I'm talking.
Speaker 3: So the homies respected that it's always good to have a sober nigga in the click.
Speaker 1: But it's always good a nigga does not get hided. And if you're in a room if you on some gangster shit.
Speaker 3: Right, if you're in a room and it's somebody that don't get high, that's the most dangerous nigga in that room, that's right. You know, if you hire security, they can't get high with you. You like, nigga, want you put that drink down? Motherfucker watch my back. So that's why I don't drink. But I'm not afraid of it. I'm not afraid of weed. I'm not afraid of drugs. I am afraid of drugs now because the petamom. I'm afraid of that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't I've done that ecstasy before?
Speaker 2: She's coming out like that.
Speaker 1: What happened when you're on? Never weed? I was in Miami, of course, of course, never we did. A guy named Eddie Giggs bringing to you.
Speaker 2: No. Never, we.
Speaker 3: Never coked, been around tons of coke, never did it, never sniffed it.
Speaker 1: Never touched it, never smoked it. Uh, ecstasy, How.
Speaker 2: Does this happen?
Speaker 1: My whole thing was give me a benefit and I'll do it. You an equinox and somebody coming to you.
Speaker 2: Well, why you want it?
Speaker 1: Why you want it? So my wife Coco, Okay, she's a party girl.
Speaker 3: She's from Vegas. She doesn't blow Oh everything, party did the whole thing. Pretty girls go out on the yachts and the boats. They early life s they wilding. Okay, so she lived that life, had been there, done that scene at all, but she stopped. So when we would go out, she would drink, and she would want me to drink. I'm like, I ain't really trying to drink. I gotta watch you, you know.
Speaker 1: So that was one, two three. Oh yeah, if you out with.
Speaker 3: Your wife and she gets drunk, somebody gotta stay soaper, right, So I'm covering that, covering that. So now ecstasy, it's a sex drug, got my attention, sexy time. It's a sex drug that is not I don't need it. I don't have erectional issues yet.
Speaker 2: Where are we going with this?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm ready. Now I wasn't ready. No, I don't have them yet.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess I'm doing the right diet. But they say it's more than that. It's not like I needed to take Viagara.
Speaker 1: It's something.
Speaker 3: It's it's spirits, it's another thing. So now they got my interest. I'm like, well, this sex is the best ship in the world.
Speaker 1: Like, what the fuck? So I'm down here at in Miami. It is Miami and uh crow Bar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, of course this might have been the event.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna validate my stories with documented ship.
Speaker 1: I'm not making a chef.
Speaker 3: My boy told me one time, he said, you never got to lie because people won't.
Speaker 1: Believe the truth. Your truth is so out fucking rageous. Just tell the truth.
Speaker 3: They're gonna they're gonna be like, you're lying. Okay, anyway, we going to crow Bar. Now, Crowbar is techno. Okay, that was the first base. Yeah, yeah, I'm in the story with this. You got you got, you got living room down here, you got Crowbar, you got this lane. Right, So I'm in Crowbar. What is It's like, it's in a place to look. It's like a theater.
Speaker 2: No, cameo, cameo, cameo.
Speaker 3: Right, that's what that's what I'm in, South Beach, South Beach. Yeah, that's what that's what they called it.
Speaker 1: I'm learning lessons. Let's go walk with me, Walk with me into this world of vice tea. I'm with Coco.
Speaker 2: Don't load.
Speaker 1: Now, me and my wife we go everywhere by ourselves.
Speaker 3: We don't go with entiurige. We go on vacations alone. Now we got a daughter, but we go vacate. I don't need to bring niggas. I used to do that when I didn't have a wife. Now I got a wife. We lead a hotel. We going to Crowbar. She got on the sexy ship. We hit the club. It's techno. For some reason, that night I said, I'm ready to roll.
Speaker 1: Now that's what let's roll. So she goes ready ready.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, what do I do? So you got to find somebody with some E. Now I'm the dope fiend in the up. This might be a great story. This might be the greatest drink. Sam three, This is the greatest drink. Gips are already already. This story made me take that was not part of the game, and it's it's tickling me because I'm a member in it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So we in the club, plounce Coco got a ship on him. I'm like that, So she goes, yo, find it. Now I'm walking around the club like you got E.
Speaker 2: The white kids were like yo, I.
Speaker 1: See So.
Speaker 3: I'm like yo, this bad life fucking So now I walk over and I see the dude.
Speaker 1: I see the dude, you.
Speaker 3: Know with the big pants and the big platform shoot.
Speaker 1: And the and all the all the lights and all the you know, I see, I see mister Eve.
Speaker 2: He's got it all, you know, the looks.
Speaker 1: So he's doing this ship. So I walk up to him. I said, yo, man, you know I'm trying to get to me. He looks around, he goes yo. I said, he's trying to get out. So I said, yo, play look look I heard you the man.
Speaker 2: I heard you the man.
Speaker 3: The motherfucker reached in his pocket and pulled out a handful of ecstasy like maybe twenty tags.
Speaker 1: He said, you hurt.
Speaker 2: I'm the man you put in my hand.
Speaker 1: He said, now you're the man, real talk.
Speaker 3: Swear to God, God bless this dude started me on my life of drugs.
Speaker 5: So I go back to Coco because you got twenty, you took the whole twenty, you took.
Speaker 2: The whole shit.
Speaker 3: He get me your hunt, nigga said the nigga the tempt shit or he was, you hurt, I'm the man now, so he hits me off.
Speaker 1: So now you my back. Just now, I look, I got the back. Continue do I walk over to Coco. I go yo, So I show her. She goes, yo, that's too much sweat. Are you gonna do that? I said, So what do I do? She said, take one? One hold one oh shot. She took a half.
Speaker 3: It was one of it was looked like it was one of the kind that looked like a cylinder with two flat tops.
Speaker 1: You're feeling me.
Speaker 2: Double stacks. Look at that look double yes. Okay, at some point, at some point if.
Speaker 3: You seems mine, at some point, if you stay on drink champ long enough, you'll go into the hole.
Speaker 2: You're going to tapping into a different level. We done left gang bang, We done.
Speaker 1: Left pimping all that pimping.
Speaker 2: We are in the E word.
Speaker 1: And we're going into the let's go and it's four four four right by the way.
Speaker 3: So she tells me to take one. I take one. This is the first thing that happens. I start rubbing malig.
Speaker 2: Then for the first time in my entire life, this is like an E commercial from my seed.
Speaker 3: Listen, it gets greater because everybody in here that's done E understands I'm not I'm not making this ship up. I cannot lie and say I did eat without these certain things happening. I started touching my legs. Then, for the first time in my life, I understood techno, like all that shit they used to go boom bump, bump bump, because I used to hang out in techno clubs when we traveled all over the music when e f N when you travel as rappers all over Europe, the only clubs to go to with girls are techno clubs. They know hip hop clubs, so we would be in them. But I'm just boom boom boom boom boom. I'm not I'm not getting it. I'm like yo, yo, this fuck like I'm like that. But they partying. So now tonight techno.
Speaker 1: The ships just opened up.
Speaker 3: I heard the strings nance I could see techno, and I said, this music you gotta be hot, you gotta be hot now. The next thing that happened is Coco. Everything around Coco went out of focus.
Speaker 2: She was in a glow.
Speaker 3: She's dancing in front of me, but I don't see anything. Nothing else in the motherfucking room mattered but her, and she's looking hotter than ever. Next thing, you know, I got her on a speaker. She done climbed up on the motherfucker's streaker. I might have been a little bit too cautious to do, but now get on that speaker, baby, I'm staying like yo.
Speaker 1: Like it was like godly ship and I'm like, yo.
Speaker 3: Now here's a trip with ecstasy. Ecstasy you roll. If somebody goes like this, you become high. I mean, you become like what's that name? If you come out of the high. It's not like drunk, you're always drunk.
Speaker 1: Ee. It's kind of like people that have never done it.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like if you ever listen to music and you got into the music and you got into this vibe, but then somebody came in the house, you come out of it.
Speaker 1: You could come out of it. You can go. You're not always high on E. You gotta let E take you the place?
Speaker 2: Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: You can you roll, but then you can snap out of it. You're sober.
Speaker 2: Can you get back after?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: You just gotta let it happen. It comes in way a lot of experience. People.
Speaker 1: No, no, I want this shit to.
Speaker 3: Be official tissues because we over here talking about drugs.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker.
Speaker 3: So anyway, me and Coco Lee, the motherfucking roll right, we get back glove the club, the globe. We get back to the room, right. I turned into like Max hardcore. I turned to like the illess porn star.
Speaker 1: Or the history of the room.
Speaker 3: I'm like in my DV and ship like. So let me just break it down. This is this is for viral ship.
Speaker 2: You in.
Speaker 3: The only way I can explain it is that when we got ready to have sex, it was like choir music and angels was coming out the pussy like and my dick was so hard. I like shut the door with my dick. Yeah, yeah, you first time. So I went into Max Hawk, you dirty bitch ship. So I fucked dog ship out of her. And the reason I know, the reason I know I'm not just patting myself on the back is when it was over, she said where did you come from?
Speaker 2: Now, when your woman says that to you, you know you did damn it.
Speaker 1: She said, where did you come from?
Speaker 3: So that next morning I called my home boy Shiny Shine. I said, I found my ship. I'm the posting shower for acts.
Speaker 2: This is my drug.
Speaker 3: Fast forward, one more quick story. So we're in my We're in, and this is why I don't do it. So We're in Atlantic City.
Speaker 1: The positive. We're in Atlantic City.
Speaker 3: I gotta what they call it when you do you get a lot of gigs in one place of residence. I'm doing eight shows over twelve months. They're like hosting bullshit. Hosting is fun. Hosting is the best hustle in the world. You to show up at the club, up and get on the mic and get paid. Right, you only do a show. So I'm hosting in Atlantic City. So Coco comes up to me because she always wants to get high. She probably wants me to do that damn thing like that, right.
Speaker 2: She.
Speaker 1: Want to return the man take this up.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, I was, like she said, but this time she says, they got Molly. Molly comes into capsule. Molly is not a pill. Molly Molly is what the fuck they put in that capsule Moll when went bad. So basically she gets to Molly. We split it up.
Speaker 2: Bam, we take it right.
Speaker 3: I'm hosting. Blow It's over now, shows over. I get in the hotel room. I'm ready to turn into devious you know, tonguesen still doctor backbreaker.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to go in.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go in.
Speaker 1: YO.
Speaker 2: That ship had me like this a VAMPI.
Speaker 1: I was like, Yo, what the fuck is this? Ship?
Speaker 2: Nigga?
Speaker 1: I'm lit.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, this is not X.
Speaker 1: So it was. It was speed a crystal oh ship dog.
Speaker 3: I was up.
Speaker 1: I was up all night.
Speaker 2: The next day.
Speaker 1: I drove back to New Jersey. I stayed up the next all.
Speaker 2: Safe to say. You did Dvius like her from tongue, no slanging.
Speaker 1: No sense. We were both like yo, like yo, ship. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We both talked.
Speaker 1: I was like yo, like what's happening?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Nigga was like what sun like now? I were like rustlers to the next day, Monday, I had to.
Speaker 1: Go to lawn order.
Speaker 4: I showed up on the set, like show him higher. I told everybody I'm higher from Saturday. So everybody along ar is like Ice is high.
Speaker 3: They just thought it was funny because everybody sucked around. I'm ready for my lines. I'm reading my lines fast, Like, give what.
Speaker 1: Show?
Speaker 2: It took three days.
Speaker 1: To some off that show.
Speaker 2: I have got you got Molly Walks.
Speaker 3: Everybody out there watching drink champs you noticed my I mean you might have.
Speaker 1: I didn't die.
Speaker 2: It wasn't set. It could have been.
Speaker 1: Fital real song.
Speaker 6: So I died.
Speaker 3: It was definitely speed, some powerful ship and I was ready. I was like, you know what's in those pills? That's the I know, like you know, macho man man he So since that day, I haven't touched any drug because now with the fenanyl and the death of all my friends, you don't know what is in this ship no more. And you know the cartel they making percosets to look like them, and all that ship is.
Speaker 2: Pumping it into the cartels and the cartels pumping I.
Speaker 3: Just have regular sex nowadays, you know, anymore. I have to figure it out, you know. But that was that That shit turned me into a monster. That shit is, you know, But no, I don't. I'm afraid. I'm nervous. I don't want to die like that, like I I can't die like that.
Speaker 1: I can't die like that. I just got to go down and like some wow shit guns smoke, wow shit.
Speaker 5: But I'll get to a serious note real quick. I'm in Vegas. Uh you in Vegas doing the Art of Raps talk. I had we on the on the run eating We're doing our full show. So I hed is like, yo, so yo, come to the show. Excuse me, I asked, him, can I do a guest appearance on the show. Honest, it's like performing to night, performing the night. Can't come out with us. I'm like, no problem, But they didn't tell me was right before they performing Mark Deep is coming out. So Prodigy was a person that I knew so long, and that was like the last time I got to see Prodigy.
Speaker 1: We hugged each other smack fives.
Speaker 3: He told me, as he told me many other times that I was on Tobi him said, yo, you you know, I'm just gonna you know, I ain't feeling good.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, whatever, whatever. But I've heard that so many times.
Speaker 5: And then come downstairs and got drunken with them, so nothing and having it was like, I'll be right here.
Speaker 1: So I went.
Speaker 5: Performed and I actually like seen Havoc. I believe I had a couple of drinks with him. Then they said party went to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Again. I've been on tour with Mard.
Speaker 5: So long and this was a regular thing, so no one kind of got alarmed. But then as a message seven o'clock in the morning, I remember I was downstairs smoking a cigarette.
Speaker 1: And that stuff.
Speaker 5: Smoking a cigarette, they said priories he passed. It was like, oh, ship because like like you ever seen I don't want to say like the wolf that cry, but you ever like going through something all the time. And they're like, all right, right, that's how I should have gone. That's how Havoc did it. That's how in my mind, you know, Trip did it. So everybody else with them, you know, oh, they're people that I know and my people that I know. But then that ship, it hit that moment. I know, I had to feel weird for you because he was actually out there with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with you. So how did you.
Speaker 2: At my event?
Speaker 3: Well, we did the art Wrap movie and I wasn't able to incorporate everybody that I wanted in the movie. I actually shot Noriega and Compone, but I had to make the movie a ninety minute edit, so they made it onto the extra like you get the extra CD.
Speaker 1: But it was still more about people I respected.
Speaker 3: So when it was over, Mickey Benson, my partner, I said, why don't you take this on the road. Let's turn this into a brand where we could bring out people that we feel will represent the art of rap.
Speaker 1: We're still going right now.
Speaker 3: We have one coming up this week, well this next month with Denny Siegel, Memphis Bleak and Freeway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a wrap shows. It's just a brand. It's like Rock the Bells whatever.
Speaker 3: Mob Deep being one of my favorite groups, we always extended a leaf to them, like like, yo, we got shows coming up. This is what we can pay you if you guys want to show up.
Speaker 1: Love. They always did it.
Speaker 2: You really love Mob Deep.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. Everybody got a favorite group, It's beautiful. What's your favorite group? Okay? I just I was.
Speaker 3: To me, Mob Deep was like I never heard two rappers rap so similar. And then I learned having taught Prodigy how to rap but actually wrote his wraps at the beginning, right. But to me, Prodigy shit was not just a gangster. It was more like converas sational shit. But it was so gangster the way he would say shit, you know, and I just loved it.
Speaker 1: I just loved it. I mean, you might listen to some of my shit, you'd be like that, kind of like pride shit. You know.
Speaker 3: I actually used Prodigy for one of my hooks on retaliation. I'm busting off to my I'm letting off to my arms tired, right, So anyway, I met them. Of course, when you like somebody you end up meeting them.
Speaker 1: Lovers Love. They used me on the intro one of their albums.
Speaker 3: So when I did that, so now here we are in Vegas, mob dedate on LA that, this, that, and so.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: Because if you saw Prodigy that night, Prodigy was like on Swoll.
Speaker 1: Prodigy came out of the pen. He looked good.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. He was standing straight up and down like what's happening, daddy? And we get so used to people dying from gunfire and this that, and third, I just I want to sidetrack one of my buddies, one of my best friend's, Big Rich.
Speaker 1: I get a call this morning his son just drowned. Damn.
Speaker 3: His son was jumped into some lake or something that was nearer damn, and he hasn't been found.
Speaker 1: I came here kind of fucked up.
Speaker 3: We get so used to yeah, yeah, rest in peace, Rest in peace, big little Rich.
Speaker 1: But we come we so used to violence.
Speaker 3: If you had have told me somebody clap Prodigy on the strip, I'm like, Prodgy talks a lot of shit.
Speaker 1: Dying. They said he choked on the egg.
Speaker 3: I was just fucked up like my idol, one of my guys, and the cold thing is probably just moved over by me. He must moved over in New Jersey where I lived. So I was looking forward to kicking it with him, you know, making records together. Wow, it fucked me up. And then the B side, that is, later on I ran into Havoc, and Havoc sat next to me and cried like ice man, you you don't even know, just you saying how much you love us, how that has helped us, you know, like if you think.
Speaker 1: About it, sorry, sorry to cut you off. We even think about it. We saw the last moments of his life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was healthy, he was healthy, he did the show, he got off, he was healthy. Yeah, he was healthy. And then that that that quick thing, sickle cell. But you know, I think after COVID, all of us realize how fragile life is.
Speaker 1: That after COVID. That was after COVID. But I'm saying, no, that was before COVID.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, But he's saying this after COVID, we were after COVID.
Speaker 3: All of us now realize how life is so precious. I talked to Fred, to God's son. He was in the hospital. I got this, I got this, I got this. Don't worry about me. A couple of days that he was gone. See what I'm saying. So one thing I say, Norie, is that we are all the same age. Everyone in this room. We're the same age. You either are alive or you're not. Because you might know how much money you got, but nobody knows how much time they got.
Speaker 1: So we're here. That's what we are. We're not an age. We're here.
Speaker 3: The kid that's fifteen might die before me. You see what I'm saying. So age really doesn't matter. It's you're alive or you're not. There's no age, just winning because none, there's no date on it. And Prodigy to go like that. It fucked me up because I was looking a lot of huh. I was looking forward to good times. I was looking forward to having fun and getting closer to him as a friend.
Speaker 1: It sucks, man, It's a really It hit me hard.
Speaker 5: Like you know, Travis Scott had performed right when he performed, like so many people that blamed him for over it, was there anybody that no, okay.
Speaker 1: No, we had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 3: I mean, if anything, we got praised for being somebody that was putting out, putting mob Deep on the rug. You know, the thing of it is is like a lot of these rappers right now, the art rap was created just for you. But a lot of rappers are gold and platinum sellers. But if you're waiting on Drake to take you on the road, you may never tour, you feel me. So we needed to create something for people that were gold and platinum that could still go gig. So that's what art rap is based around. People like yourself, Mob Deep, Boots, just groups that need to go out and gig and still can, right. So that's what That's what my my platform is from. And I've never made a dime off off of art of rap shows. That's Mickey's hustle'. That's the way I gave my man something to do.
Speaker 1: Do Mickey Benson. Yeah, damn, thanks a Noyse for that. I told said when we do when we do art rap, I'm an artist.
Speaker 3: You gotta negotiate meet with me for my price, and then you just pay me what I do and I do the show. I'm not gonna do none of the bullshit in the back, no negotiations, none of that I'm showing up as an artist.
Speaker 2: Maybe y'all know, Drink Chance wants to give flowers while people are here to receive them. Given flowers and celebrating our legends while they can still smell them. We have partnered with What the Flower to create this movement where everyone can give flowers to the legends in their lives. You can now order a custom flower box for the someone you want to show appreciation to by visiting www dot wt flower dot com and place your orders now. I love the baby racking man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You know, this may more than any award that you can get on some real ship, because it means that you appreciated by your peers, You appreciated by the people that you do it for and not accept my flowers.
Speaker 1: We just took us to a serious mode. Yeah, you go from ecstasy. That's what drink Champ says is a roller coaster.
Speaker 3: I need some dark liquor if you want to take me there, I give you a Mama the dark liquor.
Speaker 1: You know what drink that shot a clear liquor makes you party? Dark liquld be like, you know, I love you got that's my ma. Man. You drink this, I'd be like noriyeh, nigga, fuck with you. I'd be the first to dish die nigga, this ship has you in your feelings. Fuck it. I don't like Alice. Ship takes that that right there? Didn't taste that. See see what's that?
Speaker 3: That's the mamajuna, that's that's that's that's decent words, It's decent. This is on a soul power. Okay, I like it now. Now I am officially on drink champions right now.
Speaker 2: They got.
Speaker 1: Break you are. I'm an old nigga. I usually have to piss every time I stand up.
Speaker 2: So if you sit down, you good.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I haven't had to piss.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm maybe you guys got me on adrenaline or some ship. But what you say, they're hating you, but you hating them back. And it reminded me of your speech. What's that? I don't hate nobody back. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know why anybody would hate another mother fucker. You know, like a lot of times people hate you for ship. They heard about you. There wasn't even true. You know, there was this kid that this kid had a kid named Ice, who was connected to uh, connected to Joe Buden, this boy, and he made a big thing about why black women ain't ship and I took the heat for it and I never said it. So a lot of people, oh, because I what's his name? You know it's man, you know, a guy named Ice one of his friends. So anyway, he actually called me, said Ice, I said that that was not you. I said, well, there's no way to unring a bell like they the black women. Since I got a white wife, they feel that's me, and you know, they got pissed at me, and it was something I never said. So a lot a lot of times people dislike you for the bullshit like somebody said, did this, that and the third? Now they don't like you and it wasn't even true. You know, That's why good podcast is a good I mean, a podcast like this is a good place for you to really decide whether you fuck with a nigga or not.
Speaker 2: You know, it's long form. You get a chance to I always.
Speaker 3: Told bitches, if a motherfucker you dealing with a dude, you don't like me, that's a red flag.
Speaker 1: Bitch.
Speaker 3: If you're dealing with a dude and he got a problem with me. Watch that dude. Watch that dude. You didn't watch him, not me? Watch him.
Speaker 1: There's some reason he don't like me. There's some reason that he.
Speaker 3: Don't like me, and I might have triggered his real nerve, like I don't challenge his realness at some point because real niggas ain't afraid to say nothing.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, I'm scared. I ain't afraid of realness.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can challenge your pimping will challenge another nigga's realness. So they'll watch you, and it'll offend them that you're so real. It'll funk with them. It'll funk with them, especially around the bitch. They'd be like, damn, I'm offending that shit got deep, right.
Speaker 1: But it's real, it's really. They'll offendom because it's a roller cos you got another shot.
Speaker 2: You're taking a shot. I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm over here drinking this champagne. This champagne.
Speaker 3: You know what niggas got players do we drink champagne best cocaine.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about how how did you get into pimping? How did how?
Speaker 2: I never was a pimp?
Speaker 3: Okay, I never was a pimp. I hung around pimps. I understand the pimp pinal code.
Speaker 2: I had a code. I know the rules of the game.
Speaker 1: I had girls.
Speaker 3: When we was hustling and stealing, I had girls on my team. These girls were what they consider in the streets thoroughbreds. You know what a thoroughbread is. That's a bitch of the fuck, steal rob work class.
Speaker 1: See the hustle.
Speaker 3: But pussy is not out of the equation if that's what it takes to solve them right, hustle right, I rolled with some thoroughbred bitches. Was I sending them? Not necessarily, so it was part of the game, you understand me. So I never was no ten toes down pimp standing on the corner with bitches. But I fucked with players and pimps and stuff like that. So I was in the life. So you know, they respected me. I dressed the pimp look and all that shit. But as that being my occupation making money, no, it never was. No. But some of the girls I rolled with was getting money and they would handle their business.
Speaker 1: However the situation roused.
Speaker 3: You understand, I'm saying the pimp hos you send bitches, you send bitches, you get money.
Speaker 1: And all that old shit that wasn't really I say.
Speaker 3: I say in one of my records, I say, but I said, I took on the uh, I took on the ice tea name. But the pimp game moved too slow, especially for a nigga who was hooked on quick though. So being a robber and a hustler, that was just different. But I'm cool with the pimps. I hung with players. I grew up around players and hustlers. Some of my great uncles are some of the great pimps, so I understand the game.
Speaker 1: But no, I'm not a pimp.
Speaker 3: And I also would never never admit anything illegal on television smart smartest, I would never admit anything illegal.
Speaker 1: But no, that's no.
Speaker 3: It's an offensive word to a lot of women, but a lot of players actually the hustle with women, Like.
Speaker 2: The women are their partners, you're saying in the game.
Speaker 5: But let me ask you, Like, there's some strippers who made a whole life of their self or being a strippers, and then there's some pimps that made the whole Like when you I remember looking at your acceptance speech, one of the first peoples that I seen you shout out was Bishop don walt.
Speaker 1: A in May I love pimps. I mean, I understand the game.
Speaker 3: It's it's the underworld. It's the underworld and one of the oldest the FN it's the underworld guy. There's a car thief guy. There's an arm robber guy. There is a drug dealer. You a pimp, you coke dealer, all in the same world. Let's switch the underworld, all right, the Underworld the underworld can all show up at the Players ball because we all players. We're not we're not we don't buy by the law. So I lived in that world for a long period of time. I'm very comfortable in that world. Do I condone it? Hey, it's breaking the law. Pimping is illegal, selling drugs is illegal. So a lot of people say, well, Ice, a lot of things you did, do you regret?
Speaker 1: I quote Fargo. You ever see the movie Fargo? It's affleck right. Yeah, it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. That's my answer.
Speaker 3: At this point in my life, when I do some of them things, and I know, I mean I look at some of the shit I did, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm crazy.
Speaker 3: Have I ever told a bitch yo, go go hook? Up with this nigga and get this paper. Yes, was it my main force source of income? No, But I remember I had this one bra and I was trying to send her. I was reading this pimp shit. I had started dressing fly. I was trying to get her a hook up with these old men.
Speaker 2: She ran over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like these old niggas did me tricks that. They was like, we wanted me on bitches down here. So I try to send the bitch. So she runs over to my other dude, my boy, my buddy. I'm not gonna say anybody's name.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 3: I like I used to say names, but a lot of these women have grown up in their church women now their school teachers Like, I don't say my fun miss Louise, I mean't have one of my buddies. Mama's checked me, geez, like you put me in your book Ice, come on. I'm like, okay, so I've learned that lesson. But anyway, the girls, the girl I had at the time, I'm trying to send her, you know, testing my pimping. She runs to my buddy. I just try to He's like telling me, oh man, she chose me. I hit him with the mac Nigga. You were rest taven for hoes. This is just trying to escape this instem like, come on, man. But anyway, she ran off with him. But I mean, I mean, I mean no, no, But I'll come from the life and I'm very comfortable around the players, and I'm accepted as a player. Okay, take it or leave it, that's how it is.
Speaker 1: You did it.
Speaker 3: But I understand the pimpedical. I understand pimping backwards and forward.
Speaker 1: I understand it. I'm named after Iceberg Slim.
Speaker 3: I name myself because I used to read so much Iceberg Slim. Of course, it wanted me to get any Donald Goran is another writer, but Iceberg is Jeff Beck, who wrote the Iceberg Slim novels. I actually have a documentary called Portrait of a Pim that we did I produce about his life. So I'm reading that shit. Of course, I want to try to put it down. But then I had an epiphany one day. I'm like, he's a writer, so there's going to be a lot of players, but the player that everyone knows, Iceberg Slim, is because he documented the game. So if I want to live forever in the game, I can't live the game. I have to document the game. If you listen to ice he records, they're not records, they're books. The lyrics that there is me doing Iceberg Slim over music. When you listen to all the records, it's like I'm spitting game. It's not about dancing, throw your hands in the air.
Speaker 1: It's is them.
Speaker 2: So that's what it is.
Speaker 1: So you know, I met Iceberg Slim before you pass. Get out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fab five Freddy hooked me up with him, damn. And I told Iceberg Slim to his face. I said, you know, I named myself after you. He said, well who better?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 3: And I'm friends with his daughters and all that. But Iceberg Slim changed his life at the end. And uh, you know, one of my favorite Iceberg Slim quotes is, if you want to play this game, meaning the streets.
Speaker 1: It's gonna cost you something. It's gonna cost you, you.
Speaker 3: Know, whether it's penitentiary time, losing a close friend. But there's no there will be a charge. Admit and into this game, you know, and I change my life. I changed my life. See I see, Just so you niggas know this is what I see. Is I see as a hustler and a player who went down this road, the street road of hustling, and I run it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be the best.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be the flyer. I'm gonna be that nigga.
Speaker 3: But I get to the end of this road and it's a cliff, and I see everybody going off, people I admire, dying, going life in prison, el wip. I see as me on this same road, running backwards, saying, don't go that way. That's my music, don't go that way, don't get in the gang, don't try this. That's what I That's what I'm doing here today. That's who I see is. I know there's a cliff.
Speaker 1: You might not see it.
Speaker 2: You might pass me.
Speaker 1: Oh you an old niggas. I'm smarter than you.
Speaker 3: Before we do stupid things, we all justify that stupid thing we're about to do. U.
Speaker 1: So you can take it to leave it. Like I tell niggas, you can listen to me or a prison guard. Nigga. You want to, you take your choice. But I'm here to tell you I tested the.
Speaker 3: Game, the Coke game, the Jacker rob game, all them games, and you're gonna end up Dad are in jail.
Speaker 1: There's no retirement.
Speaker 3: The only niggas that have retired from the game have got out and transition. But there's no do a died dead gangsters sixty years old. It's been just still gangsters. Fuck out of here. It doesn't work like that. Now. You could be fifty cent and you could be a real live nigga on the streets and you can get out.
Speaker 1: You could be a jay Z live nigga.
Speaker 2: Get out. But staying in it ten toes down.
Speaker 1: Get out of here.
Speaker 3: Name one, because the streets will rat you out, the enemies will come and get you, or the police.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I tell street niggas, if you popping on the street, yes, and if everybody in the street knows your name, so did the police. The only way you're gonna survive is become an informant.
Speaker 1: Holy moly, welcome only.
Speaker 5: Did you ever think I know this is a cliche type of question, but did you ever think that hip hop would make it this far?
Speaker 1: He's a perfect person for this question. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Because because tell us tell us describe to us in the beginning how hip hop was like frowned upon so as opposed to how hip hop has looked at now as a global ass.
Speaker 3: I was in the army. I did four years in the army. While I was in the army, the cats from New York had hip hop tapes. First generation of hip hop is unrecorded hip hop. It's tapes before ship.
Speaker 2: Of live ship, of live ship.
Speaker 3: That's the first generation. Treacher's three Funky four plus one more on them. By me being in the Army, I'm with New York niggas. New York Niggas is showing us off. They're showing off. I got tapes. I was fascinated with that ship.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's just hip this rap tapes of live live, park jams, live ship.
Speaker 1: I'm fascinating. I never heard no ship. Like facinated with the kids finding out about.
Speaker 3: Tapes, tape tape flashes on the box, I was like, fast hip, the beauty, the beauty of hip hop. It's a culture that has four entry points graffiti, breakdance, and DJ and MC and you can get in four ways.
Speaker 1: So that that really blew my mind. I was like, damn, shit is stoke.
Speaker 3: Then I saw New York City Breakers on the show called That's incredible, y'all anybody remember that?
Speaker 1: Am I too?
Speaker 3: It was a show because it was a show that had different people like that could do outrageous shit. And they had the New York City Breakers and I saw break dancing. I was like fascinated because we were popping in the West coast right spending on their backs and hip hop got me. I was like, yo, I want to learn how to do this. So I come out of an army with stereo equipment. I want to throw parties like Uncle Jim's army. But I practiced rapping. I was getting more attention rapping the theory that it was going to be some way you could make money. Never no one had ever bought a car doing it, So now I'm rapping. I hooked up with these guys called the New York City spin Masters, my boy Evile.
Speaker 2: And Han G.
Speaker 1: They were from Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: They knew how to scratch, so I hooked up with them and they were doing house parties. But at the parties they would have four DJs feel Me right like on the Loo. So I would show up with them and they would actually scratch breakbeats and I would rap. Wow, I got my name on the flyer. Eventually feel Me because it was their show. The theory, I'm gonna get money. That's like I said when I met Andre Herel and them. I had a Porsche, I had jewelry. I was wearing two pages, I had a guns.
Speaker 1: The niggas like, why do you want to rap? You got it all, you got to Porsche Turbo. Why do you want to rap? I'm like, well, what I'm doing ain't gonna last. Wow.
Speaker 5: Every other wrap up didn't have that at the time, nobody had it, hadn't bought cars yet.
Speaker 1: Wow. I'm talking about eighty two. Wow. I just I just liked it. I would go wrap it.
Speaker 3: I would do just shit in the day and then show up at a club on the weekend and be a star.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I like that theory of it actually be in my money. It never could happen, but it started to happen. Now. The difference is the kids would getting in for the money and they're like, I could put this little talent into it as possible, Like we did shows before we got record deals. They get record deals before they do shows. Like you were like talent leaning, you had to have talent and I and by working in that club, I was able to wrap every weekend and get better and get better.
Speaker 1: So I never thought this was gonna last. They said it was a fad.
Speaker 3: I think when the major record label started, I was one of the first rappers ever signed to a major. I got signed to Warner Brothers, Sire Madonna's label. That was the start, and then Sire is Madonna's label. Sire No Sire was a label on Warner that Madonna was signed to. I was signed to the same level as Madonna. Talking Heads Ministry Chris, basically a punk rock label by seymour Stein.
Speaker 1: It's just passed. I inducted him into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: But he heard it.
Speaker 1: He told me when he signed me. He says, have you ever listened to Calypso music? I'm like no.
Speaker 3: He said, they sing about song the problems in Trinidad, this, that and the other. But he talked, here's a jewel. Seymour Stein saw me. Just because I don't understand it doesn't invalidate it. This means I don't understand it what you're singing. I know people it resonates, just maybe not me. Go ahead, make your music. I believe you sound like to me Bob Dylan. That's the only person you can connect to how genius is that to be able to say just because I don't understand it doesn't invalidate it.
Speaker 1: It just means maybe I don't like, I know, I noticed people in this world that does relate to right, Do.
Speaker 3: You understand what's what's the Korean ship? The k Do you understand it doesn't invalidated? It's not short.
Speaker 2: This is my point.
Speaker 3: But this is being an A and R guy, being that smart saying I don't understand rap, but I know it's something.
Speaker 1: Dope gave me my break. Do you think.
Speaker 5: There was a difference from the Tupac that was on Digital Underground and a Tupac that was on death Rope?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I mean yeah, I mean I think we can absolutely see.
Speaker 3: Pop when I'm When I first met Pocket and money Bee and all them, it was digital. You got Shakhi, who's one hundred percent different, Parliament, this, that, and the third. I didn't even recognize Pockets militant or nothing like that, just as a dancer friend cool, and when he came out, I was like, yo, that's the same dude, you know. But I couldn't disrespect him because his lyrics was deep and uh, I got to work on on Apocalypse now me and him and c on last words. So what people don't understand is I love Poc. I love Pac, but he's an artist. To me, he was just another artist. You know, people like Poc is a god but is an artist. He's like Norwy. To me, he's just an artist. So we were friends and people. Last time I was on here, I said something I said, I tried to talk to Poc, and people like, you can't talk to Poc. I'm like, POC's thirteen years younger than me, right and West Coast definitely has a peccan order. If you're a little older, motherfuckers will sit down. And uh, I had a story where Shaka came to my house. Told you that story. I lived in Hollywood Hills. A shock came on my door. I said, why the fuck are you knocking on my door? He said, I was up in the hills. I asked if any black people live up here? She said to you, they said right over there. So shot knocked them my door. We sat down and he was like, I talked to Pac man. You know, they feeding pop gunpowder pockets, like not listening to death Row, you know. And I and we had conversations. But see the thing of it is, it's like when you setting up, when you're working with a rapper, you have to get a rapper in the state of mind. Defrow was training Pack to be a killer, which you heard in the music. But like I did a thing for Mike Tyson, which is like you train a man to be a pitbull, then you get mad when he eats the furniture, you see me, So.
Speaker 1: That energy bled into the streets to his demise, right, because like.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day, you would never kind of like recommend someone to get it's a gang culture because gang culture, like it's like I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Advise anybody getting streets.
Speaker 5: Like last night, last night I forgot I think his name is Nino Brown or his wistream was Nino Brown. But he said to you something like, I'm from Hoover, and you said, oh, I'm from such and such and everything that y'all spoke about. I was so lost as a person from New York, y'all. I was just looking at y'all. Andy'll said, you said over there on this ground, this ground just then, and I'm like, that's some complicated ship.
Speaker 3: So I was like, you know, what it is, Nori, if I told you a part of Queen's but you know what that block consists of. Yes, So he said he from ninety fourth and Hoover. I'm like, Yo, that's a very very hot area. But that's the Hoover criminals. But hot, I don't where I'm from. That's called out of bounds. That's not where I go. I don't know them people. My baby's mother, my daughter, my adult daughter, her mother lived on seventy fourth and Hoover, seventy third in Hoover, So I know all the hoovers. When Hoovers were crips. They used to Hoovers used to be crips. Now they anybody killers. They they were the age, the Houston hat Those are the kids that killed Pop Smoke. Oh God bless that's Hoover them, the Hoover criminal that. Ye, it's a sad. I don't know them niggas. So I was like, I just vowed down to his neighborhood, Like, Yo, I'm from the West Side. I don't know them niggas over there. That was it. Everybody knows the tough areas. Everybody knows. So when you say it if you're from there, you go, okay, okay, I know how you grew up. But he went to prison and he came back home. But he's younger than me. See, so he said, my dad might have went to school. His dad went to school two years before me. But he said, yo, I'm back, so that that resonates with us. But he's so therefore he's a little homie, so he gonna treat me accordingly.
Speaker 1: Like that's a big on me. My dad knows you, like like cool, Yeah, yeah, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Like when I saw that last night, Like I saw two people that didn't know each other and had a whole conversation.
Speaker 1: No one else knew what y'all was talking about, and that shit was like like to me, like is that anywhere you go? Like anywhere you go?
Speaker 3: First thing I would too if you tell me you from l A. A lot of times niggas to tell me, yo, I'm from LA. I'm like what part and then they'll back down. I'm like where you're from? They be like Pomona, I'm like that ain't really La.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's like, you know, I'm from a coin or some ship like that, Like I know where to I know where the trenches are, you know, So I'm like, but where are you from? That's the quickest thing. That's what part of La where you from? Oh I'm from wood Woo, I'm on from main Street?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool? I know. Then what we'll do is we'll name off niggas.
Speaker 3: I know niggas from over. I know such and such, such and such. They're gonna blow you from sixties. I know that I know such and such, such and such. But it's dangerous because if you like now you're in that world right running to another set, Yo, who you know? Because who you know?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know dj EFN.
Speaker 1: You'll fuck that niggas like you know, could be like that could be the wrong name, like that nigga.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody because oh shit, now you've been to name a top tier nigga, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's just LA life. Like I said earlier, LA is dangerous.
Speaker 3: So I was able by knowing being a player and moving around the different sets and learning about the shot callers and befriending them.
Speaker 1: I knew enough people just to navigate the city. I've been in. I've been out of bounds. I was.
Speaker 3: I was messing with this girl from the bottom, which is no, the bottom is the bottom. The bottom is the east side of the forties. So that's uh, that's the Pueblows. Another project called the Pueblows. Niggas over there one here ill name they called Bloodstone Villains.
Speaker 1: You ever heard of a gang called the villains? Them niggas? That name is scary, right, So.
Speaker 3: So Bsv's Bloodstone Villains. So I met a girl on the west side, a pretty girl.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: The bitch lives in the motherfucking puet blows. So she give me a number. I pull up over there in the porch with the fela whooped. He whooped, So she was fine. So I meet her one day. I'm gonna pull back up. The second time I pulled up, she goes, your niggas over here, said, they finna rob you.
Speaker 1: I said, alright, nice meeting you, bitch. I'm out. I got it.
Speaker 2: Pu see, No, I'm out.
Speaker 3: I'm out because if I if some happened to me over there, my crew ain't coming over there.
Speaker 1: They like, nigga, why are you way over there?
Speaker 3: So there was a shot call over there named Termite, who was the main nigga over there that was selling water.
Speaker 1: So water means dust PCP PCB, so yeah, it's what they used to make dust, so and we call it sharon.
Speaker 3: But anyway, just having the right connections and knowing where you are and this and the third. I have a story where I went I met this girl on the west side. I'm on the west side, west side.
Speaker 1: I finished that story. So what happened to you was going through?
Speaker 3: Anybody just never showed back up, he just left. Yeah, a girl, tell you yo. You know the guys over here are playing on robbing you.
Speaker 2: That's all I needed.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: To the liquor store. I'm gonna get some right quick. You're seeing me. I'm back on the other side of town. So one time I met this girl on the west side. West side is anything you got the Harbor Freeway in l A. Anything on the west side of that is the west side. Anything on the other side of that is the east side. Here's the thing, ain't ship on the east side. Ain't no businesses, ain't no hotels, ain't nothing but drama on the east side. East side, niggas wear sweatsuits with hard shoes. You ever seen the old niggas that have the sweatsuit on with the party socks, the big socks and Stacy Adams them niggas them, Niggas.
Speaker 1: Is on the east side.
Speaker 2: West Side Niggas is players.
Speaker 1: We got k swists. We fly east side Niggas is dangerous niggas like they.
Speaker 2: My man's laughing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, east side Niggas is real hard hard.
Speaker 3: So I meet a girl on the west side and she tells me she lives on ninety ninth in Success. That's on the east side of will Rogers Park in Watts. I'm in high school. I catch the bus down Crenshaw. I catch the bus down Century. If you want to find if you want to if you want to go to the jungle, get off at the La X. You're on Century. Just take Century East. You'll ridden up in Watts. But you don't you go you go west. If you go east, you'll end up in the worst part of La So anyway, I catch the bus.
Speaker 1: The bus stops at will Rogers Park.
Speaker 3: I gotta walk across will Rogers Park, dangerous Nickson Gardens there Imperial Course. So I get to the girl's house, go in her house. Her mother is sitting in one of the big reclining.
Speaker 1: Chairs, Hi, baby, you want some while like she one of the one of them hood mama's.
Speaker 3: Laid back, got the feet all swollen up, like you brought me some some drinking a mayonnaise jar. I'm in the hood. While I'm sitting there, her nigga shows up. Now I'm in the house, I'm talking to mom. Do you guys Jerry krr I had a perm don't get into it. Yeah, I'm a kid. I'm a kid Nori seventeen.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go keep it going.
Speaker 2: We in the hood.
Speaker 3: You know you in the hood, when you were in the house that got a car furniture in the house. Oh shit, send the blox the hood hood like door knobs was only one side you got to use like a key. And so the dude shows up, so she outside trying to talk to him. She got another nigga in the house. I'm sitting there with moms like, yo, this is going bad as a motherfucker, Like I got to number. There's some watch nigga outside. This is fucked up. I sat in that house literally about an hour waiting for that conversation to end. The shit and wouldn't end. So now I'm like, fuck it. I'm I'm bailing right, So I just walk out the front of the house. I walk out the house right, I walked right, passed them, I turned and I'm walking now.
Speaker 2: I'm walking right.
Speaker 3: I'm expecting to feel this like the nigga just shocking me from behind. But I'm walking like I ain't got it yet, I ain't looking back, just waiting for the book.
Speaker 1: And I made it. I walk off. They never say nothing. I'm like shit.
Speaker 3: And I got in the middle of will Rogers Park and I'm like, what in the fuck are you doing here? You don't not belong here. That was not your bitch. You could have died way over here. And I got my ass on the RTD and I went home and that was my last attempt. I love two learning lessons of being out of bounds fucking with bitches like like what this cube said, never fuck with a bitch from the projects. I learned my lesson and I made it home safe. I didn't get hit in the Earcgregors. I wasn't finna fight this dude over his girl, Like I was just like, wow, am I why am I here? Like so yeah, yeah, Sometimes you shouldn't travel too far for pussy.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't my secret shouldn't travel too far.
Speaker 2: Don't travel so far for pussy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or in someone's total different territory where you don't know nobody.
Speaker 1: But fuck that. So let me ask because.
Speaker 5: I know, I know we touched on it earlier, but there was a stigma of going commercial, right, like going to the other side, right, And what's what's double bon two is.
Speaker 1: We we don't think you went to the other side. We still believe your right right to say nigga pretty much.
Speaker 5: We're like, yo, we see play a cop on TV, but we know that Nigga might still shoot you like that.
Speaker 1: That's real. It's acting.
Speaker 3: I'm as far from a cop as you possibly could get as acting. I can act like a cop, I can act like a slave owner.
Speaker 1: I'm acting. I learned that acting is acting. Now how you perceive it. I don't really give a fuck.
Speaker 3: If you want to make the mistake and think that you know that I'm not whatever, that's that's your mistake. You know.
Speaker 1: What's it? Well?
Speaker 3: I did. I did the record with r J Payne, the first first lyric because I walk around with the rocket in my hoodie pocket. Your biggest mistake is thinking I'm fake. So if that's what you choose to do, play yourself. No, man, but no, as far as being commercial, I never would do clean versions of my records. I was really adamant about not doing clean verse. Did you do clean versions?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was trying to get that bread.
Speaker 3: I was so so so like stubborn. I thought that was selling out. And then n w A did it and they made a lot more money, but a lot of records. There's no clean versions of Ice Tea records. I still hate doing it. Even when I do body count, I do it all raw and then they like, can we clean it up? And still this seems whack to me. But yeah, you know you are in the business. You're trying to sell the records your ice.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 5: Man, you my brother, You've You've always been there every time I've called you. You was like one of the realists, if not the realist. And now not only that, a lot of people credit me in fact, Joe having the best stories of hip hop I learned last night.
Speaker 1: And we're not even in your lead, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So you, the big homie, are not only hip hop like you know, of course listen to another world of getting money in another world.
Speaker 1: But definitely storytelling. It's you and Slick Rick. I love it.
Speaker 3: Well, look, look one more thing. Let me promote something. Can I promote them?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: I'm doing an album right now called The Legend Device Ta Crime Stories, and it's from my eight albums. It has it's a triple album. It's going to be it's going to be vinyl because I want to make it special and it's all my story raps from eight albums, including five unreleased songs, and reason we titled it the Legend Device Tea is because a lot of things people believe in me is legend.
Speaker 1: It's not true.
Speaker 3: Because what I write when I write music, I write faction. I write stories based on truth. But just there's some things in there, you know, So a lot of people believe things about me it's not true.
Speaker 1: So that's the legend.
Speaker 3: The legend ices in the club, I knocked five niggas out, Okay, I knock one dude out right, but the legend says it was five. So that's part of the stigma. Like you say, of who Ice Tea is a lot of the ship's not real. But if that's what you believe, what you choose to believe. I'm like, you know, let's have fun with it. So that's why it's called the Legend Device Tea Crime Stories. It's all story rds. So people that like that part of my ship can dig it. It's gonna be dope and it should come out this year. God damn yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's come back to drink chances were promoting it. We're doing the ether. Fuck you gotta do. It makes a noise.
Speaker 3: From what you can say, it's always a treat. Yes, when play is me, it's always a treat.
Speaker 1: Before we leave. Is there anything else you want to say to the fanst.
Speaker 3: Just everybody out there has supported me as fuck me. I know, in order to be an iced T fan, you had to fight, you had to deal with haters, you had to tell niggas fuck you. I like Ice and it's been a struggle to be part of my journey. But for those of you, that's just how much more gangster you are that you're willing to stand on who you fuck with. And my job has always been to make y'all proud. I know people out there got tax they got all kinds of shit. So when I fuck up, I know, I let y'all down. So I'm trying to win because I know when I win, y'all win. You know, y'all get to say that's my nigga. So that's why I always think it's bigger than me. It's I got people out there that really believe in me and fuck with me in a real way. And I've always been very proud that the niggas that fuck with me are the most real motherfuckers. The people that fuck with me. My boy said Ice, this pre prison rap and this post prison rap. Your shit is post prison rap. Motherfuckers that really been through some ship.
Speaker 1: You take a shot to that, alright, So I'm gonna be honest, not a shot you. You give him some nice ship.
Speaker 2: Against the more.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Give me one more for the road. Give me some of that ship right there he was.
Speaker 3: I guess if I drink enough of that, I'm gonna put these on and walk the fun out of here.
Speaker 1: Speaks.
Speaker 2: Get the man, Hold up, Hold up, I'm gonna take the cameras.
Speaker 1: Get that. Why the cameras zooming in from the front. You gotta see her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you see this. We take off the loop batons. It's a pimp ship.
Speaker 1: You don't know about.
Speaker 3: Niggas got this pemp ship and I'm putting on these player ships because they got me so comfortable right now.
Speaker 2: I'm so motherfuckerum.
Speaker 1: And this is how you ended out Ice with a shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I look and we are they five? So look, come on, you know what, these niggas just so used to being fake. They have no reference point to real. We here to show them, give them a reference point, right.
Speaker 2: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production and association with Interval Presents hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials. That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real norriagon ig at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, new news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com. Mm hmm