Speaker 1: What's going on? What's going on? Hitchcock aka Man Tate Blige aka Taaomi Campbell And you can catch me on the bootleg kV podcast run It Up.
Speaker 2: Boutlet Cap Podcast Special guests in here, Deontay Hitchcock. You're representing Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 1: These might actually work. I got talking to the mic.
Speaker 2: It's just like, I mean, if my guy over there is doing the job, he's handling them, talk the handles over there, you should be able to just get comfortable. Man, So what's up, buddy, can't call it.
Speaker 1: It's good to see you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you do. A couple of years ago, listen, bro, I got a t paint like Stuard. We were going back and forth with each other. I was like, you gotta come. I saw. I think I'm got to sell your bars on that fire Free Stars some ships.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the d ms. I'll be doing drugs.
Speaker 2: What kind of drugs you do?
Speaker 1: Actually, I don't be doing drugs no more, but I would in drugs like shrooms and like that.
Speaker 2: So do you want to do shrooms right now? No?
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 2: I'm about to have some.
Speaker 1: I have a child now. I mean I've given me even more of a right. You're actually very right.
Speaker 2: But no, you stopped doing shroms because you had a kid.
Speaker 1: I stopped doing shrooms my last time doing New Year's this year, I feel like I got I got everything I needed from that trip. Mean, how much did you eat? I want to say four or four point five over?
Speaker 2: Got serious.
Speaker 1: But by that point I had done shrooms enough times to be like, Okay, it's not that wild of a trip type shit, right, I mean it was a good time.
Speaker 2: What was the last one?
Speaker 1: Like I would say, I was damn near the shaman for my folk because my little brother did.
Speaker 2: She was put everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say, kind of make sure everybody trip was good. And in that instance, it just felt like, all right, I'm here, I've done what I needed to do type shit. It just felt real. God damn the theory for me, Oh wow, it was a good time.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit closer, Just a little bit closer. So have you done the Heroes dose?
Speaker 1: Ever? Heroes dose?
Speaker 2: I think that's like six grams a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh No, I like I like life as it is, you know what I mean, I'm every day DMT. No, would you try not at this point in life, I would say, once all my shit is handled and all my bills are like automated one day. Yeah, about to say once I know I'm not finna like tweak out or I can tweak out and it's okay, cool, not yet.
Speaker 2: What about ayahuasca?
Speaker 1: So I've heard about this shit, I'm not really privy say everything about it. So it's like some real ancient shit I don't really fuck with.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, so you're supposed to do it with a shotman, Yeah, it's supposed to take like it's kind of like a day.
Speaker 1: I feel like I got to like mentally prive for that.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of people go to like Costa Rica like Perule and I'm fighting demons still, I can't. That's what we're supposed to get the demons out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You tried it. No, I want to real I've only done mushrooms.
Speaker 1: I'm scared of during I.
Speaker 2: Want to do DMT. So I want to do DMT. But the one time that I actually had real DMT in front of me, I pushed out, man, my boy John John had it ready to go, and I was like, man, I'm in this hotel room with one of my dogs in San Francisco. I don't know if this is the spot, bro, I don't know. If I want to do d m T in my at the Intercontinental, it'll freak.
Speaker 1: The fuck out. No, yeah, I said, roats crawl on the floor. It's over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I haven't done. I want to do both. But you know d m T like it's kind of like it looks like you're smoking crack because you.
Speaker 1: Have to free base it anything with a pipe on straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have like the pens, but that shi it's not supposed to hit the right way. You're supposed to actually like freebase it like you're smoking the rock. You know.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like the last thing your Yeah, when you're born, when like what makes your life flash for your straight Nope, you.
Speaker 2: Can smoke that.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: People smoke a lot of other ship, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not to smoke that Phantom show. Yeah, but what I saying anything that's like all that ship? I'm straight?
Speaker 2: Yo. So I've read this is this true? Your uncle co wrote No Scrubs?
Speaker 1: So all right, so my uncle used to make music, right, Okay? You doing who started me making music. I think an interview with uh Rob Martman at the time, Rob Yeah, shout out the rock. He asked me this question, but then he said somebody else's name, and I was like, damn, has my uncle been lying to me all these years because he didn't know who the fuck I was talking about. When I talked my uncle. My uncle told me about this shit all my life. He still claims his shit all the time. So in my eyes, yeah, he wrote it, but he said somebody name like Shaggy or some shit like that. I don't know the niggas name no more, but yeah, my uncle wrote it. He helped, yes, nic Yes, so did he like Marlon Hitchcock Marlon Hitchcock, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: So he's who got you like kind of interested in getting into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he started me doing this shit. Like if he didn't do music, I would probably be somewhere like skating right now or dancing and some shit.
Speaker 2: A skateboarder.
Speaker 1: I want to skateboarder. I was like an inline roller skater type. I was in Atlanta, like we all of skate all us tick all this shit. So you're hitting the rink yeah yeah, yeah, until they closed it down. It's a car dealership.
Speaker 2: Now, damn trash bro I feel like there's not a lot of skating rinks that just anywhere anymore.
Speaker 1: Nah about say we used to yeah, got like all right, So for us it was I was on the south side, so it was like Sparkles. It was a skate zone. I'm sorry, skate town was that skate zones like Mount Side but still skate zone. Skate Town still there. They closed Sparkles, that's the car dealership and ship now, but we still got Cascade and that's on the west side. We still got like golden glad. We still got like.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a vibe go to that's ike. Sounds like some lube.
Speaker 1: Little right, she took a turn.
Speaker 2: Let me get up some magnums and a bottle of that gold.
Speaker 1: I feel you might have to got down. Get that shit sponsored chic. Write that down.
Speaker 2: If we go to Atlanta. Okay, I'm gonna just preface this conversation by saying, I had the wings at King of Diamonds, not King of Diamonds, the city and they were very overrated to me.
Speaker 1: City cool?
Speaker 2: What are what? What is the best? Let's take the women out of the equation. If we're talking strictly cuisine. What is the best strip clubs in Atlanta? Just to get some food, to get a bite to eat at.
Speaker 1: About saying I ain't the biggest strip club connoisseur, but I about say He'll tell you got cheetah. I feel like Rank's number one.
Speaker 2: Is that the place with the lamb chops.
Speaker 1: They got some lamb chops they got signed Simon.
Speaker 2: Place, but they like nickelback On like like yeah, I say it's real, real g t A. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like I heard they got great food. Yeah, I say, Simon play crazy to say the cool that's a Blue Flame actually have some nice food.
Speaker 2: I heard Blue Flames got better wings in matches by some Blue Flames.
Speaker 1: Food is cool.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. That's according to Killer Mike Nix.
Speaker 1: It is gone. Yeah, I said, nah, that's the three.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been to the Claremont Lounge, Nah, where they have like old ladies and midgets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I like midget shut out to attempted to.
Speaker 2: Take us there one night. He was trying to like fuck with me, like we're gonna take you the hottestrip club in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: You know midges.
Speaker 2: I mean I ain't got no problems with him. Okay?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: And by the way, little people.
Speaker 1: To get canceled, that's right, that's right. So I feel like them my people. So I say it can't cancel me.
Speaker 2: It's been a two or three years? Did you drop the last album?
Speaker 1: I would say twenty twenty, so yeah, three years coming up on three years before the Panini?
Speaker 2: Why did you take a so long panini? The Panini?
Speaker 1: Yep, the Panoramic, whatever you wanna call it.
Speaker 2: What about the pandemic threw you off your creative tracks?
Speaker 1: Bro? I feel like for a lot of folk, like I just posted about the shit the other day that like, we dropped our album. That album better was what May? The pandemic started in March, and I say we dropped the album in May, so it was like, we can't do shit right, No, no tourn no, nothing like touring is what I was looking forward to the most shout of Like I did six tours before I put ab out. We went out with Rhapsody, We went out with Jig Black, wilele Ja, Dinna and Loo Kelly forty seven out of shit with no album. So I would to say at this point, we put the album geek, like when we're getting ready to put it out, like ship first to it, all that in the world shut down. I think me and Maria had a show and then that night everything shut down shout yeah by se Mariba five. Yeah. I feel like it was just a weird time for about it. Like creatively, that ship felt weird to feel empty, you know what I mean. We was doing shows on folks couches and it was like, bro, I'm tired of virtual shows.
Speaker 2: So you were just kind of what you were doing, like virtual shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah about say me, Me and ra had a virtual show actually on somebody count.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad that ship didn't catch on, but it was terrible, Like I remember everybody was like I had homies, like investing in like virtual concert venues, like this was gonna be the new wave. I'm like, bro, this ship is trash.
Speaker 1: The niggas had to make it shake somehow, like.
Speaker 2: And stand up on zoom.
Speaker 1: Zoom out of that ship. It's dark time a wild time, bro, dark time Stop.
Speaker 2: And then during the pandemic you end up on the Dreamville project. That was before the pandemic. Yeah, that was Summer of twenty Nights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we had the Actually it is like very condensed, like it don't even feel real.
Speaker 2: By the way, the pandemic feels like it started like six months ago.
Speaker 1: Still to me all it feels like that shit happened in the blink of an eye. But it's been three fucking years. Crazy bro looked up and.
Speaker 2: I was like, Bro, I got a child, So technically a Grammy nominated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even technically what I'm saying. We ain't win that motherfucker, but Grammy nominated.
Speaker 2: Put that on the risk, Like a little certificate. Yeah at the crib you gotta frame that ship.
Speaker 1: But yes, sitting in the crib right when you walk up the steps, the plaque right there with the certificate right out of there, you're gonna see that ship.
Speaker 2: Did you you know, shout to Marie buta you mentioned black Jed the whole like spillage village family. Did you kind of come up with them in Atlanta at the same time.
Speaker 1: Nah, Actually they are a little bit older than me, So first time I really like got prevated them in there. I was down in school. I went to Georgia Southern, it's like three hours away from the city. And you remember, like when you hit to like the edge were moving and all this shit. So you had like Key two.
Speaker 2: Nine and of course the sound the SoundCloud fucking.
Speaker 1: Excioneers man, so all of that shit was really bubbling while I was down there at Southern so I would come back home. I think I first time, meaning Black was on the Edgewood in the Edgewood parking lot at Random when he still had the goddamn lots and all this ship was like I met a nigga around.
Speaker 2: Blacks, one of my favorite I'm crazy crazy classic.
Speaker 1: One of my partners, like came up with him that I met in college and he was putting me on his ship that when he was shooting with a dude I think his name was like Blue twenty two or some shit like that. Yeah, I me him, met random walking down edge with.
Speaker 2: That's crazy crazy. I don't think that that movement gets enough credit for like kind of kicking down the SoundCloud doors. I think of like Father and Kid of those guys were like kind of like the first guys that I really kind of discovered through SoundCloud.
Speaker 1: Every wondering what the fuck happened, Like we're not what the fuck happened, just why he ain't got like the respect he deserves.
Speaker 2: I don't know that, you know, fel like there's a lot of those unsung heroes because there's like some guys in like Miami, like Space Goes Purpose somebody else who kind of like I had a lot of like influence, yeah with like kind of like he kind of yeah, and like you know, I think I feel like there's a lot of those kind of guys from like the blogs era that don't really get.
Speaker 1: The that should be work key the flight that a lot of niggas got. I saw key with at first. That's some real ship. A lot of niggas that's like key Key, y'all go check it sh out.
Speaker 2: So you you met Black in the parking lot at Edge, what you.
Speaker 1: Said, Rand Mosell, like right across street from the department store, department stof who.
Speaker 2: Would you say? Uh? Would be your like two or three influences as an MC that you could point to in life?
Speaker 1: Shit waye Wayne off top?
Speaker 2: Which what's the best Carter too?
Speaker 1: I like cartoon Yeah about say Carter one right behind it? Quarter three is amazing, But I about to say the first two just classic about something crazy Andre for sure? Who else? Who else would I say?
Speaker 2: Certainly not nas.
Speaker 1: Listen man, look bro shout out to Nis. I need somebody to put me on the right NA songs to listen to, because like, I got a cousin who swears up and down the naves is the greatest rapper a lot, but he could rap. I can't take that.
Speaker 2: Away from definitely better than Little Wind.
Speaker 1: See that's what I don't know, man. I don't know if it's a regional thing.
Speaker 2: But you from Arizona, Arizona, Bro, you're from the West coast, like dog.
Speaker 1: Like what, I don't know, that's the question I listened to. It was like it's a good album. Maybe folks over hyped them to me, and there's no dispriting.
Speaker 2: Written.
Speaker 1: No, but so that's what we talked about, Pep that yet like beats, bits and pieces of each of.
Speaker 2: Those you listened to rewind. Yeah, I mean the Wayne's never written some ship like that.
Speaker 1: Bro, but he's got more Bros.
Speaker 2: When you say more, so more is not always better.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna say more is always better quality over quantity, but more quality. He has a lot of missus as well. But Wayne got too much by so Carter three amazing, Carter two.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, So we're talking about two thousand and eight is when the Carter three dropped. Okay, so you got and nine is no wait? Oh nine is no ceilings? Yes, oh nine is the first no Ceilings the Carter four. Can we agree that the Carter four had some singles but was admitted? Yeah, Cardio, Okay, there was a lot of ships around that. You weren't bumping the Rebirth, were you?
Speaker 1: I actually did, like of Rebirth Queen on Fire. Come on, I know.
Speaker 2: I am not a human being. You're bumping that.
Speaker 1: Right above it. I mean good single, good singles.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay. By the way, very Slept on album Like Father Like Son shouts to wait, that's a classic album.
Speaker 1: Army Guns is on that.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm saying classic to me because we just had this whole classic fucking thing and your boy on the couches over there, like god, this guy's saying a lot of classic to me, man, personal classic like Father Like Son is amazing.
Speaker 1: So if somebody told me it wasn't a classic, I couldn't argue with them type shit.
Speaker 2: But it's I just feel like after Carter, after No Ceilings, I just feel like the Wayne shit kind of just fell off a cliff.
Speaker 1: But it's so much ship before that. Bro, I abould say, from o FO to that period in nine, Bro, you couldn't go anywhere with I'm saying, I don't think we've seen well besides Drake at this point. Now, at that point in time, there was no one who had a more aggressive run than that.
Speaker 2: I agree, no one as far as like like length.
Speaker 1: As far as length, quantity, all of that.
Speaker 2: Shit with the mixtapes.
Speaker 1: Yes, Bro, like he was insane. I ain't never seen no shit like that.
Speaker 2: And it's put out four albums in the last three years, and two of them got gram Grammy nomination.
Speaker 1: You think there's nas run fit.
Speaker 2: Errors in his runs? Not for sure?
Speaker 1: About to say, I definitely respect the longevity of it all because a lot of folks can't win. Of DoD's debut, it was like nineteen Well.
Speaker 2: He was on Live from the Barbecue main source in ninety three.
Speaker 1: I believe that that's when I was born. So he's been rapping for as long as I in ninety four.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong on the main source what year it was. It might have been ninety two.
Speaker 1: And that's amazing. You mean, like I would hope to be rapping thirty years down the line type shit. I would hope to still be able to and still have a fan base.
Speaker 2: My thing is he's been rapping all that time and then out of nowhere him and hiit boy, just catch a fucking wave Chip five yeh ninety one.
Speaker 1: So long as a time I respected. I just you know, for me, I haven't no one's played me a song where it was like I feel like I need to invest listen it.
Speaker 2: I think you like it was written.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna check it out when we're leaving, Like I told you, if I don't fuck with that one? Or uh, what was the Eminem joint you selling me?
Speaker 2: But oh no, no, no, let's not even put those in the same discussion. Bro. All I was trying to tell you was that Eminem has put out an album recently that wasn't dog shit.
Speaker 1: I feel you, so listen.
Speaker 2: The Eminem album Music to Be Murdered By is a good album. It's his best album in like twelve years now. I'm not putting that in any sort of same discussion as it was written. I was just saying, like, because we're talking about off the mic, we're talking about our goats, and I was like, I'm not sure Eminem could be considered the greatest of all time with the amount of shitty music he's released, which is also my argument for Little Wayne. I don't know, man, it's just too much sometimes sometimes sometimes it was Little Wayne. It was too much, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: No, No, I mean too much in the best possible way.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about after No Ceilings, it was just a lot of mid.
Speaker 1: He gave us d he gave us at that points, and everything else is game Nikki exactly. All that is negated at that point. Anything post two thousand and nine, it was okay, Yeah, I say it was different.
Speaker 2: So would you give Eminem the same benefit of the doubt?
Speaker 1: So I was just he gave us fifty I was younger when Eminem's run was going on, okay, so I wasn't as previous. I wasn't like when Wayne was doing that shit with how I was like, what fourteen? So I was really that was my entry point the music type shit was like, That's what I'm really getting into. So I saw that as a child. It was like that's what I want to be. Like, I like that type shit. Eminem. I think I was with seven seven eight when it was first going on, so I wasn't really at them tapping in like that, so I don't know. I wasn't outside for that one.
Speaker 2: Fair enough. I mean, what's up, y'all. Boutlet keV here man gotta tell you about our new sponsors at King Palm. Baby got a shout out to them. Now we're welcoming into the new family. Man. Of course, we treat all of our partners at the Boutlet Cap Podcast like family. Shout out to King Palm. Man. If y'all don't know about King Palm, they're the leaders in the smoking industry when it comes to their tobacco free bloot wraps. No nicotine, no tobacco, just good old leafs, all right, Yeah that's right. And look their product that I love. Are these right here? Now, These right here are their pre roll tips you just define with your herb, your canna buy that you get from Hardingly, and they got these turping and flu infused tips. Now what they are is you put your weed in there, all right, you hit the fucking little pinch on that thing and you get to burst the flavor. Now, these are the red rains, which is like an energy drink flavor. Obviously they got the strawberry shortcake, which is also gas. Now this is what's dope to. There's just so many lines of these rolls. Shout out to the leaf tubes. You can get these blueberry these big blue grape fusion joints. So much. You can get man so many products. Check out your local seven eleven, your local smoke shop all that, but you could also go to Kingpom dot com right now and get everything online delivered right to your door for half off, fifty percent off if you use that promo code Bootleg. That's right. Shout out to King Pom. Man. We're talking about essential smoking when it comes to like just getting that clean smoke. It's not too harsh organic. You ain't putting none crazy in your love, you know what I'm saying. Shout out to King Pom. No tobacco, no nicotine, just straight look, and I gotta shout them out too, because can we just take a good look at this. You know, we got multiple sized King Pom hitters over here. I think right there's like a goddamn Jesus that's a fucking boy right there. You know what I mean. Shout out to King Pom. It's a King Pom leaf right there. Stuff with some fire, some fire, all right. So look right now, you're gonna want to go to Kingpom dot com. Use that promo code bootlet and get half off whatever you need smoking accessories, leafs, some of these awesome pre rolls that they have it. You just stuff your stuff in. Stuff your stuff in, you know what I mean, Kingpom dot com, seven eleven, your local smoke shop all that. Make sure you follow them online at king Palm and check them out. Speaking of stuff that you're stuffing, shout out to my bookie, man, my bookie. You already know my bookie dot ag. I'm riding with the Phoenix suns. Goddamn it, the son going all the way. If you are like me and you like to, you know, put a friendly wager on some sports, which I do a lot. I've been using my bookie for about ten years now. You can go do the same thing right now. Now. This is what's nope about my bookie. Go to MyBookie dot ag. It's the online sports book. Not only is it an online sports book that got the blackjack, They got the whole casino situation. Craps, roulette, whatever you're into, you could play it right at my bookie dot ag. And if you use the promo code Bootleg when you sign up Bootleg, you'll see it down blue. When you sign up, you'll get that first deposit bonus. Now, get a new account my bookie dot ag. When you sign up Bootleg is the promo code first deposit bonus up to one thousand dollars. You put in money, they give you money. It's that simple, all right. There's so many ways you can win money. Of course, they got NHL right now. The playoffs are happening in hockey. If you're from fucking Canada and you care about a terrible boring sport. Also, basketball playoffs are booming right now. Put all the money on the future for the Sons to win a championship. Thank me later, I got Sons were Celtics in the finals. Also baseball, another atrociously boring sport, but a great sport to gamble on. All right, So what you're gonna wanta do? Go to my boogie dot Ag, use that promo code Bootleg right now and get your first deposit bonus unlocked. Speaking of unlocked, ah, unlock your cock. Go to blue Cheo dot com right now. It is summertime. If you're dealing with rectile dysfunction ed. If you will, Maybe you got stress at work, Maybe you're tired of looking at the same chick. Maybe you just need a little pep in your step. You need to get on that Blue Choo. May you don't need to do anything, but it'd be nice to have the option to. So go to blue Cheo dot com right now now, use the promo code Bootleg and get the first month supply of blue Choo for free. What is blue Cheo, Well, blue Cheo is a chewable gets delivered to your door in a discrete package, no doctor's appointments, no doctor's visits, and it has the same active ingredient as viagra and Sialis. So we're talking about getting your dick hard here. In case that went over your head, you know it won't go over your head once you take it. Promise you that Blue Choo also is incredible because not only does it come in the Blue Chewable flavor with the same active ingredient as Vibrant Sious, but it also has a Mint Chewable flavor, which is the same active ingredient as Levitra. All right, all this if you're questioning, I don't know. I don't want to spend no money on does this shit work? Look? Yes, it works and you don't have to spend money if you use the promo code Bootleg at blue choo dot Com because it's gonna get delivered right to your house. They're gonna give you a month's supply for free. You just gotta pay dollars shipping. That's it, the Blue Schooths coming to your house. No awkward doctor's appointments, no awkward doctor's visits. It's all online blue choo dot Com. Thank me later, Thank me later. Let's get back to the interview Drake.
Speaker 1: Or Wayne now like today all time out time they might give it to Drake. Drake, that run has been insigme, bro, That's why I was saying, like before Drake, I don't think we had seen anything like that post. Drake is shiit.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: We was just talking about this in the car, was listening to some of his music Brisbane. I don't think he's left the chart since he came in. That was two thousand and nine, Bro, it's twenty three now, Broke.
Speaker 2: It is fourteen years straight, just the number one, fourteen years. Yeah, it's it's kind of crazy. What's your favorite Drake album?
Speaker 1: If you're reading this is too late, this.
Speaker 2: Is his best rap album. Yes, by far. Shout out to Quintin Miller.
Speaker 1: Come out on, bro, come on man, All right, y'all got like ads on here. This is the perfect time for well.
Speaker 2: Drake goes me fifty thousd dollars, So I'm gonna until he pays me my money.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we need details. You can't roll past it. He was there, fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: We made a bet. We made an NBA bet in twenty twenty one, and uh.
Speaker 1: You heard from him since, Ah, that's fucked up. Come on.
Speaker 2: Freddy Gibbs was there. We were sitting at the bar at the at the Harriet and uh he told me that the Warriors were gonna go further than the Suns in the playoffs and I said, put some money on it. He said fifty thousand, said all right, and then we went to the finals. Man, bro, it's all good man.
Speaker 1: I mean, day you gotta bed.
Speaker 2: No. I DMed it. No, I definitely DMed him. And I was like, hey, man, I don't know if you're I don't know if you remember, but you need it to Drake though. He's a nice guy and I've come to peace with him being a top seven all time, top eight all time.
Speaker 1: It's top five Kendricks above him for sure, so's that's interesting. I love Kendrick as well about saying me and my partners were having arguments about this shit out of the time, Like I think they're really nigging it. I feel like they give folks different things for show, but I feel like each one is just as important as well.
Speaker 2: Because you know what we were talking about, who has five classic albums and it's definitely Kanye, right, but you know it's right behind him Kendrick.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kendrick's right there.
Speaker 2: I just don't. I just feel like bodies of work, I'm just like Kendrick doesn't miss because if you think about like the Pimp a Butterfly, when that shit first came out, a lot of people hated it because they went above their heads and their fucking musically weak minded fucks. They're very shallow fans. But like that album aged so well. It's like such a great album, Like.
Speaker 1: I like it a lot more. I think it was interesting like when it first dropped me and my home girl. My best friend studied in Trinidad, so I went overseas with HERD type shit and a lot of the people over there we were talking about we were having like debates about Cole Kendrick draking out of shit and he had recently just dropped to Pimple Butterfly, and a lot of them didn't understand it because a lot of the things that he's talking about, it's really like US based United States, and I didn't realize like how different the worldview on shit like that is, And that kind of threw me a little bit. It's like, I love the album. I love Good Kid, Mad City Shit, I love Damn, I love all the moffuckers. Actually I don't think about it section eighty crazy crazy about So I ran adhd up so many times. You know how Apple got the ship where it plays the song with a first as soon as you get in the car. That shit played so many times with my ship.
Speaker 2: Really I never used that one, never, never, I feel, you know, because I started off as an android guy, so I had Spotify. Look, I got both now not the same. I have both phones, you know what I mean? I Finally, I would never ever like I'm keeping my iPhone forever. I'll get rid of the android. At this point, I don't know what I was thinking this whole time.
Speaker 1: Nicardo was for you.
Speaker 2: It was because I was like, well, I wait, what happens if I already have an Android? Do I still get the album?
Speaker 1: The only thing I don't like about Apple Music is how they tried to put the YouTube album on everybody ship. Bro, I still haven't listened to it, but YouTube app no YouTube?
Speaker 2: Oh you? Oh yeah, every every album, every every iPhone has the fucking YouTube shit need that type of that was the same type of ship where you just buy an iPhone and it counts as YouTube going diamond or something.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on? So this ship automatically counted towards it. Yes, oh yeah, bro, need talk.
Speaker 2: Well I think they got rid of the all those like it's going the merch bundles and shit crazy. I mean, not a bad idea, like, hey, buy a hoodie, You're gonna buy the hoodie anyway. If you buy the hoodie, it comes to the free album.
Speaker 1: It's great and it counts to and it counts and it counts.
Speaker 2: Man. So let's talk about this new album. You just dropped this new record, well, which is fire this morning? You got big Cred on the album. What's on the album?
Speaker 1: Big Create west Side? But I'm hunger Shamba drum.
Speaker 2: Shout out to drum drum? Yeah? Is he my drum again?
Speaker 1: She did go back to it.
Speaker 2: Is it Shelley or Shelby?
Speaker 1: It was Shelley, Okay, yeah, not like the mustang about I'm not so is he back at drum?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But if I'm not.
Speaker 2: Because I was confused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he did the rerun because.
Speaker 2: Of insanely talented guy who actually fell asleep during an interview we did once. All right, he was so high he passed out during our interview. It's on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Shout out the drugs.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, shout out to dre.
Speaker 1: Can't be offering folk shrooms me an interview.
Speaker 2: I didn't offer Hi troops man. He show ship for show.
Speaker 1: Shout out the drugs.
Speaker 2: Again, drums. Very talented guy though, amazing, So drum Cred Westside Boogie Shamba.
Speaker 1: You familiar with day amazing artists say he just had some ship that went viral probably like last week from my mistake and he did like an up Rocks performance she was crazy or I'm my tripping tripping trip oh samo as well? How about say another talented single year? But yeah, I think that's it.
Speaker 2: For you, Like, uh, how intentional are you with like bodies of work? Because nowadays everybody's so fucking hung up on like singles and like just dropping different impressions on the algorithm and not really focused on like cohesiveness when it comes to their projects.
Speaker 1: Before I answer that, I'm out of tweet, I can't remember if I said my prime of Dave. David Fuller's also on that as well. Amazing I sing. But as far as albums, I feel like it's different now, like it's a different time, bro, Like albums aren't. They don't feel as important as they used to be. I mean, I still take pride to like putting one together, I mean amazing only because I feel like you still got folks who listen to it for that and the folks who stay with you, like your fans for life. Listen to bodies of work, and it's like it was almost counts as like a checkpoint where you are in your life, like a time market type shit. But the folks who don't listen albums for it. They just gonna make their own playlist anyway, right, They gonna take their favorite shit and put their motherfucker together. I think that's what we are. But I say, he'd be trying to tell me all the time, like making a classic body of work is important, but at the time period that we're in now, it's more about just feeding the people in general. They'll make whatever album that they want with the shit that you put out. So that's why you see for like Nba Young Woy who dropped like eight projects last year, that she is insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Yeah, I think like it's like I think though, whenever we think about like the Greats still today, we always go to their we talk about their albums still.
Speaker 1: Yes, but but I feel like they had a different type of grace when they came up.
Speaker 2: That might be fair because we look at them that way. It's alms and like the people.
Speaker 1: The last grace that we always talk about is like Kendrick Cole and Drake at the last three Greats right now, and I still feel like they came at a point of time where we were still in.
Speaker 2: But I think even Little Baby, like I think people look at my turn, and they're like, damn, he actually came out and fucking dropped the body of work that kind of like separated him from everybody else, everybody else in his.
Speaker 1: But until he dropped that, he didn't have the like before my turn, he was dropping consistently.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he was on his ship, so.
Speaker 1: He couldn't afford to not drop until he dropped a body of work.
Speaker 2: Like it made sense and.
Speaker 1: It so it's like, especially now for somebody who's trying to like cut through the noise and break into it, I don't think we have. I mean, the luxury of not dropping is who do you.
Speaker 2: Think are the excluding the names we just talked about Cole, Kendrick and Drake, who is the 'll say the last five years, who do you think are the new goats?
Speaker 1: The new goats? Hmmm? I don't know. It's interesting because I feel like there are a lot of a lot of things, a lot of parameters and boxes to check for shit like that. Like I feel like we got a lot of people who are extremely lyrical but haven't necessarily had the breakout hit of example mainstream. A lot of my favorite lyrical artists right now about say you can go for Ji, you can go for Kenny Mace, and you can go for everything. It's a lot of hometown people, for sure, extremely but I think we're all trying to get to that next Like this last album is amazing, amazing.
Speaker 2: Word three of the album of the Year last year when I did my best albums, I put it above. I put it above Kendrick's album last.
Speaker 1: Year said, I feel like a lot of folks were having that back and forth to bait that fucking Albus ship right about saying, what's the Cody Blue shit? That's my favorite sounder swang, that's my favorite song.
Speaker 2: What was the the fucking I'm trying to think of the name of that song is the word crackhead in it?
Speaker 1: Cracked sandwich, cracked sandwich. Yeah, he's one of the best rappers. Now, I agree, I mean, but I think, like like I said, a lot of us are trying to get to that next point. It's like I feel like a lot of the lyrical people now, whether it's Jid, whether it's a SOB where it's a reason where there's any of these guys, like we all have very niche fan bases, but we all all want to be like a lot of the people that we look at his inspirations is like the waynes Is, the Kendricks and the Drakes and all that. I feel like they did the same thing that we're doing, but they also had the hits hits. They also had the mainstream ship, the ship to pull people in, and I think that's what we're trying to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think D's just missing like that hit. I mean, obviously he had that big record with the Magic Dragons and like put him in front of a bunch of new eyes. But I just think, like, you know, that breakout single year, it's like his own. To me, he's like, but I think little babies, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little baby's amazing.
Speaker 2: He's I think he's the last the last five years, he's been nobody's baby brother.
Speaker 1: And he done went on to some of my favorite folks songs. I wrapped them, for sure. I feel like he rapped cole Ie.
Speaker 3: Like for sure, Drake, for sure, he washed Drake went crazy on that on the mesh that way, Jesus on that little what was that a three pack?
Speaker 2: Drake drop your little baby skated?
Speaker 1: Did everybody like that?
Speaker 2: And he's like we you've seen him like I don't think we've ever seen somebody get so good so fast, because I think like when Little Baby first came out, you were like, I like he first came Now I liked him too, but like I feel like like he was very limited as like a lyricist, and like he would openly talk about how Gunna helped him like become like helped him with his rapping and shit. But now I'm like, Yo, this guy's just impeccable.
Speaker 1: Anything you do every day, you're gonna get get it. He was in the studio non stop. I feel like it's a couple of from Atlanta like that right now though, because twenty one was.
Speaker 2: The same way true.
Speaker 1: I like twenty one. I love twenty one little bit.
Speaker 2: I love twenty one. I'd love when like him and Metro Boom and shit, it's just Savage mode one and two. Jesus choose the one. I agree, and like, I think twenty one Savage like kind of like found his pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like, can't be the Lana bro Hey man, you can't.
Speaker 2: What's up guys? Hey? If you are watching this and it's April twentieth, for twenty I'm gonna be hanging out at hard Dean today. That's right, put the flyer up the rock. I'll be at Hardan hanging out all day today. The craziest most just luxurious illist dispensary in the world located right in Las Vegas, Nevada. Now Hardean Las Vegas. They are our family. They sponsor the podcast. I love those guys dearly. And when I say that it is the best place I've ever walked into to buy premium cannabis, I'm not lying. Best customer service, best bud tenders, best bud put in your King Palm, and just overall, man, just a great experience. So what y'all need to do is go follow him online. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas, follow him on the gram. We got a lot of dope stuff in the works. They actually just opened a fire podcast studio, so we're gonna be doing a lot of content in Vegas Live Hardin. They also just dropped the fucking tennis shoe with Fila. They got dope fly gear, man, premium cannabis, the best selection culture sniff you walk in there, man, listen, they got I'm not even lying to y'all. Hardin has their own signature scent and it smells good. I keep a bottle of it in my car, literally maybe twice a day. I spread that get that Harden with smells amazing. So look makes you go to Harden. If you're in Vegas, Get in that Uber, Get in that cab. As soon as you touch down, say take me to Harden. The taxi drivers, the uber drivers, they know exactly where it is because it's the hottest spot in Vegas. They gonna take you straight there. You're gonna tell them I sent you. They're gonna get you situated real nicely. All right, Harding Underscore Las Vegas, Go show on some love go to hardin Las Vegas dot com. Gotta give a shout out to our OG's my Dog's at Odds Socks. Baby, they've been fucking with us from day one, and they've been dropping so many crazy dope new like socks. You know. First of all, can we talk about Beavis and butt heead They just dropped the Beavis and butthead socks and draws. Let's take a check, just a nice little peak at the Beavis and butthead draw skis. Bro Come on, man, they also just drop Coca Cola. We got scarface we got reeses, We got the big fucking Labowski so many dope socks, the most comfortable socks in the world, the most comfortable underwear in the world. And check this out right now. You can get twenty percent off. That's twenty percent off at checkout at odd socksofficial dot com using the promo code bootleg So go right now odd socksoficial dot com. My first of a suggestion would be get you a pair or a pack of the odd Socks basics to blacken the whites. Those are my go tos. And then you gotta fuck with some of these big Lebowski socks. And they just got Coca cola. They got the scarface boys, Like, what are we talking about? Man? What are you waiting on? They are the most comfortable socks in the world. So if you're not wearing odd socks, you're just cheating yourself. You know what I mean, You're really cheating yourself. They got a fucking South Park. Come on, bruh, what are we talking about? Go to odd soxoficial dot com right now, use the promo code bootlegs say twenty percent off at checkout on the most comfortable socks in the world, or don't and keep torturing yourself with those shitty socks you're wearing right now. Be a damn shame. Anyway, let's get back to the interview. It's been like, what twenty years since you guys have just been holding onto.
Speaker 1: The ship since Dre sid.
Speaker 2: Has it been since then? I really feel like it started with like it really started with.
Speaker 1: Like snap music type shit.
Speaker 2: Nah no, no, I'm gonna say it, crunk juice, No, no, no, I'm not even the Kings of Crunk Kings.
Speaker 1: It was like two June something like that, what's the fucking get.
Speaker 2: Low and all that shit. I feel like after that shit, it was just over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Luke says, because you then like like Luda fuck it, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, migosy, that sh it's insane and ain't going nowhere those time soon. There's too much going on.
Speaker 2: Where do you put the Migos in your top rock groups of all time? No?
Speaker 1: One, number one, it's Cast for Meat. I don't care. But we're talking about like I think we did this before too. We had an argument about like this outcast have more hits than the Migos. I think they had bigger ones. I think hits hits, our casts had a lot. Our Guests may have like a strong fifteen. I think the Migos may had like sixteen seventeen, but the Outcast way bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Migos don't have a Hai.
Speaker 1: No war Roses or anything like that, but they do.
Speaker 2: But they do have a bad and Boosie. They do have bad and booshes nuts so, but they don't have.
Speaker 1: I feel like most of their hits they don't have miss like.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Miss Jackson. Like, Yeah, I think Outcast has the bigger records.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: I mean, at this point, the Migos might be. I mean, you know what, I'm not going to say that because I do feel like Outcast kind of burst a lot of what I love about Atlanta hip hop in the last or even Southern hip hop. So they did influence a whole generation of guys to be like lyrical and dope, and but damn Migos like influence amazing.
Speaker 1: They influenced Drake, So you can't take you can't take nothing from me. The group said, that's my one A, one B, who's the best Migo. I don't want to say it just because he's past nothing. I've been take Off supportive of the whole time.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see the Takeoff l a Leakers freestyle when he was on the.
Speaker 1: With the the one with all of them was on there. Yeah, that's gory.
Speaker 2: That ship was so tough.
Speaker 1: His cadence was insane. Oh, he was insane.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy because like when the Migos first came out, I do feel like Takeoff was like the duke carrying the fucking early ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. He was a rubbers, But.
Speaker 2: They've all had like their runs and guys in the group that had the wave going.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, looked at beyond. I mean beyon Quavo is like the Beyonce grew early on because it seems like he had like the most charism, so the most swagon. He was usually the dude on the hooks. So it's like that's why I hear most type ship. But when Takeout verse was coming in and then I'll say, you know, he was locked up for the early I feel.
Speaker 2: Like Offset is kind of like the best of Quavo and take Off. He's like, I feel like he's the most well rounded of the Migo.
Speaker 1: I ain't at that, and I.
Speaker 2: Heard his album that's supposed to be coming out whenever they let him come out. That ship is fire. Oh my god, the Offset album whenever Offset is allowed to drop his body of work.
Speaker 1: Tough gott to hit it.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, I believe it. Yeah, he delivered for sure. Yeah, shout out to the Migos. So you got Miko's number two.
Speaker 1: Rap group of all times right there. For me, it might be Atlanta Bas would say, you know, saying, my uncle put me on like UGK and all of them. I ain't never get too hip to like Wu Tang and all that. I mean, like my mama told me that was crazy, And yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's like outcast Wu Tang try call quest.
Speaker 1: Those are the three say that was putting me on like a midnight Marauders and all that shit, because when I first met them, any tribe.
Speaker 2: Shit, and then you can get into like the Mob Deeps, the Bone Thugs, the Migos, the there's like a whole list of guys after that. But I think Migo goes up in the five.
Speaker 1: Migos up there for show bro. I don't think it's another group modern day that's had most succestent number. Yeah, nobody about say shit, even going to the past. Yeah, Like it's not too many groups that's had more success than Migos when your album dropping May tenth, So we got twenty days. Are you gonna make everybody wait three years for another album? No? Actually, I ain't gonna get a date anohing for the next one. But we outside all year, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna keep You're gonna keep this this r pressure coming.
Speaker 1: So I had once I had my kid, I had to gotta sit down for a sick right off the show. Take care exactly. You know what I mean. Shout out the black fathers, we out here and me all of that shit. I was at the house. Now back outside. I had to pick a woman who I knew was gonna be a great single mother as the time came. You shitn't be like it's gonna be a great time. She got it.
Speaker 2: You had to pick a woman that you felt like would be a grea.
Speaker 1: Great single mother, nurture and she has all the quality. She's gonna be good when I'm on the road. She got it. I love you, baby, this is your lady.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh okay, yeah, I just feel like the way that came off.
Speaker 1: Was like, nah, about to say I'm fucking around, not.
Speaker 2: Like cause I mean obviously I'm gonna leave her cause I make sure should be alright.
Speaker 1: But she's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, are you finally gonna be able to scratch your tour? Itch? Yes?
Speaker 1: Bruh, Like that shit was what last tour was two thousand and nineteen? Yeah, Wilee, that was a load one. No, I'm sorry your dinner it was the last one. It ain't been made sense?
Speaker 2: Classic man, Yes, actually show is crazy. Oh he's fucking crazy. I do think Jodenna is a pretty wildly talented guy. For like the he should be bigger than he is because I feel like he's very very he's he's like incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but classic man, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like it sucks when like your first song is like that big. It's almost like people don't give you the benefit of the doubt to like go dive into your catalog and.
Speaker 1: Ship because like people more people know the song and they know.
Speaker 2: You exactly, and that shit happens with a lot of dope artists.
Speaker 1: It's a hard thing. I would say it's a good problem to have, but it's a problem all the same.
Speaker 2: It's like a gift in the curse of your first song being one of the songs. And it's crazy too because that song doesn't necessarily like really like represent like him sound exactly. So it's like that's the tough part, yeah, because it's like if your first record was something like that was like more true to like what like if I listened to your album was Now You're Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah about yeah, class Man was little. It's almost like the ship that you make doesn't go crazy, but dog, uh, it was the ship. It's like the ship you fucking around on. It's crazy. It blows up.
Speaker 2: Who was I who initially invited you to the Dream Build Sessions.
Speaker 1: Invitation? I can't even remember who sent me the invitation off top. All I remember was the first day I saw folks dropping their golden tickets. I was pieced because I ain't get one the first day. Oh I got the second day. Yeah, But I remember calling him specifically. It was like, I gotta turned my ship up because I was mad because it was in Atlanta. It's y'all done, came all the way out here, and then exactly, I ain't get nothing. Next day I got this ship.
Speaker 2: Were you around when I heard that Chris Bosh was making beats.
Speaker 1: Chris, but we in the room smaller than this, for real, I about to say from about that section of the while we're sitting in that motherfucker. It's a chair right here. It's a door that swim is. But the way the door open when it closed, I mean when it's open, you can't see who's behind that shit, And it literally took the person away. Somebody closed the door and literally was like, who's that back? They're making beats? We talking about it's Chris Bosh. You've been sitting in his room for hours with us sitting back there making beats, and nobody.
Speaker 2: Really nobody knew Chris Bosh.
Speaker 1: Nobody knew Chris Bosh was in the corner of the room making beats. How are the beats straight?
Speaker 2: Actually a bit? Were you there when the bucks came?
Speaker 1: Yes, they about everybody donuts. They brought every great people. Did you get to talk to Giannis? Yes, Actually he's taller Ship. He was. I can't a man.
Speaker 2: He just seems like such a sweet guy. He's got that's movie tall at ship. Oh I think you said he was talking shit? No, no, no about taller Ship. I mean his tall ship on.
Speaker 1: The smooth five five on a good day. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are short, and I didn't realize that when I first.
Speaker 1: The midgets of my people. Broy we can't cancel me, bros.
Speaker 2: Yo great size though for stage diving a crowd surfing, very true, very true.
Speaker 1: Compact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get a job done done that dropt surfed.
Speaker 1: No, I was planning to do this on my first tour in the world.
Speaker 2: There it is, man. We'll let the new album comes out May tenth. Yes, Uh appreciate you coming through.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Go stream the album when it drops. The single Woe is Out.
Speaker 1: I got to play that is to pay. I got a kid to feed. Play this sheep.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Man, you already know Deontae. Appreciate you pulling up better.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you