Speaker 1: Saiki Drew what's gonna be? Will tell you what's Si Ngel been like, Sampi kids, their life, Rick de Win, everything from Jackson Vanilla to chrispys Hi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still don't know how to fade that down, so I'm just gonna stop it. Hey, Welcome to Serial Killers. This is episode seventy two. I'm Scottie b and let me let you behind the curtain a little bit here. So we recorded a bunch of episodes before the morning show went on vacation, and I guess we misjudged because we did not have an episode for today. And Andrew is not around because he doesn't care about this podcast, so he wouldn't come back into the city to record it. So I have my daughter Ashley here, Say hi, Ashley, Hi, and she is going to be doing some cereals with me today. I couldn't do it by myself. I mean, it's kind of like a couple of weeks ago when Pat Sajack had some issues and was not on Wheel of Fortune, van and Why took over and she did the show. The show must go on. I mean, she had Mini Mouse helping her out. But I got my daughter Ashley, so it's twenty twenty. Today is January sixth. January sixth, and this is episode seventy two of Serial Killers. Let's just get right into it, Ashley. I'm gonna let you choose. You want to go classic or new for the first cereal?
Speaker 3: Classic?
Speaker 2: Classic? Okay, I don't think you're gonna like this one, but I'll go down to the cereal set. So this cereal came about in nineteen ninety four or so. I remember it always being in my parents' house. I didn't love it, but I ate it every once in a while. It originally started out as banana nut crunch. It's from Posts. It is now a Great Grains variety. So this is Great Grains banana nut crunch with banana clusters, almonds and walnuts and flakes. No, I don't know. Do you like bananas?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know you like real bananas. Do you like banana flavored things?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You do? Okay, so let's break into the great grains. I'm sure Wish Andrew is here. Andrew loves bananas Scotti shake. All I see is flakes. I don't really see any clusters or almonds or anything. But let's check it out. Oh it smells very banana e.
Speaker 3: It'll be surprised if you like this one.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan of banana flavored things.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you're even trying it.
Speaker 2: Have to try it, Acshley, it's for the listeners. We've tried lots of crap that we don't like, and actually we'll get into that in the next episode with Andy because there is some controversy going on right now. Organic Valley two percent low fat milk. I know you're not a fan of regular milk, so I'm just gonna give you a little bit.
Speaker 3: I wish we could use oat milk.
Speaker 2: No, we cannot use the oat milk. We only use regular milk here unless you're a vegan. Are you a vegan? No? No, Okay. See when your sister Cooper was here, she got to try all kinds of sugary junk. But I know you're a little bit more refined because you're older. All right, let's go one, two, three Great Grains Banana nut crunch. You know, I get it. It has a very artificial banana flavor, naturally flavored with other natural flavors, whole grain wheat cane sugar, whole grain rolled oats, rice, walnuts, almonds. Let me see, there's Banana's way down there. I'm not a fam I'm sorry post. I love you guys. But bowl and a spoon, one bowl, one spoon.
Speaker 3: I mean it's all right. I'll give it three bowls.
Speaker 2: So if I brought this home, you would eat it for breakfast at some point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's not my favorite.
Speaker 2: No, it's not my favorite either. I have a bad experience with banana flavored cereals. They never really rate very high in my charts. All right, so let's go to the new cereal. This one, I think you're gonna like, Andrew is going to be super pissed that he's missing out on this. It's a brand new mashup cereal. People have been tagging me and us on Twitter and Instagram, and it's only available at Walmart. It was tough, Okay, it was tough for me to find why because you looked on the floor. What do you think it is? No, it is not Jolly Ranchers Cereal? Sorry, oh puffs, No it is not Reese's Puff Cereal. What do you, Andrew? You keep guessing things that we've already done and you don't know anything about it's actually in a bag. It's not multimeal, but it comes in a giant bag. So I'm going down to the cereal side check it out. Cocoa puffs with Lucky Charms marshmallows. It is a Cocoa Puffs Lucky Charms mashup. Why would you make a face like that? You love Lucky Charms and you love cocoa puffs.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big fan of what cocoa puffs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought you were going to be excited about this cereal. I mean, your sister Cooper would. She'd be bouncing off the walls at just the site of this bag. Whatever, I'm gonna love it. Basically, what this is to me is this is chocolate Lucky Charms. Because it's chocolate cereal pieces with Lucky Charms marshmallows. They still make chocolate Lucky Charms, so I'm not sure why they put this together. I mean, it's very gimmicky, but it's great. And on the back there's a little uh almost like a thermometer with how the bag empties out when it's full. It says you're really you go for cocoa puffs. As it starts getting empty, Sonny must be so jealous. Then even emptier the chocolate flavor just keeps going, and then get your beacon another bag because they're all gone. All right, It isn't a bag. It's in one of these resealable zip pack things, which I don't really like because they pour all over the place. It is so hard to open. I hate these things. I'm pretty sure that I just ruined the whole thing, and I'm not going to be able to reseal it. I can't believe that it tore. I'm so angry right now, all right, in any of it? Cocoa puffs with Lucky Charms marshmallows, Yeah, I mean it pretty much just looks like chocolate Lucky Charms, but their balls instead of the Lucky Charm shaped pieces. Isn't Lucky Charms one of your favorite cereals?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite cereal?
Speaker 3: Morning Summit?
Speaker 2: Morning Summit that's full of almonds and maple lead flakes and cherries and cranberries. I liked it also, but I can't believe that's your favorite cereal. I mean, you're a kid. Plus it's fourteen bucks a box, so I can't let you like it too much. I mean, what's your face? A crappy sugary.
Speaker 3: Cereal rice Krispy Treat cereal.
Speaker 2: But the old one, I'm sure, not the new one, because the new one's crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, the old one.
Speaker 2: Which is gone forever unless they bring it back. All right, here we go. Coca Puffs with Lucky Charms marshmallows. It's already making fantastic chocolate milk. You ready, one, two, three? Oh, my gosh, so good. Oh if you close your eyes, but chocolate Lucky Charms and Cocoa Puffs with Lucky Charms marshmallows back to back, you'd be able to tell the difference between it's a ball versus the Lucky Charms pieces. But it tastes exactly the same, and it is wonderful. Five balls.
Speaker 3: Five Yeah, I give it four balls.
Speaker 2: If you look back at my history, I give chocolate Lucky Charms five balls, Coca Puffs with marshmallows five balls, count Chocula five balls. And this is pretty much the same as all of those cereals, So it gets five bawls from me. I love it. Sorry, Andrew, you missed it. Oh look what I have for you, serial killers. Buck, We're still gonna do a bonus box now. A couple of days ago, you asked me for a cereal. You sent me a picture and said this is your favorite cereal. So I'm not sure why you didn't say this was your favorite cereal when I asked you what your favorite cereal was, I forgot what it's called. But I'm going down to the cereal sack. I decided that we have to get Trader Joe's into the mix because they are in national chain. They are in most states, so people do have access to them. They have lots of great cereals too, a lot of their own brands. This is Trader Joe's low fat granola cereal with almonds.
Speaker 3: It's delicious.
Speaker 2: They have a bunch of different varieties of this. I saw there was a vanella one and a couple of others. I'm into it. I mean there are banana pieces.
Speaker 3: It's not banana.
Speaker 2: Though, no I know, obviously those are just the mascots for this cereal. It's a serving suggestion mind yogurt, and I would not put bananas on it.
Speaker 3: No, I put it in vanilla yogurt and blueberries.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I mean that's interesting, but you know, here on cereal killers. We are purists, so we're gonna just have to eat it with milk and see how we like it. Now. The bag is only about three quarters of the way full, because I know that's what they do, sold by weight, not by volume, and it's a pretty small box for four bucks.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big fan of milk.
Speaker 2: You're not a big fan of milk? Nope? What do you eat your cereal with?
Speaker 3: Usually?
Speaker 2: Dry? Try? I can't believe that you're my child, goodness, so ashamed.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: I tried the new oat milk and you said you will never.
Speaker 2: Drink No, there happened to be some oat milk in here because I stole it off the coffee cart a couple of weeks ago and we just opened it. So you can have that off the show.
Speaker 3: I also like almond milk.
Speaker 2: Not me, all right, so two percent organic valley milk or give you just a little bit Trader Joe's low fat granola cereal with almonds. Here we go, ready, one, two, three? Mmm. I don't love it. It doesn't have the consistency or texture of granola. There's like crunchy cereal pieces. I was expecting more like you know Quaker granola. They're almost like bigger, harder rice crispies mixed in with it. It's not terrible, but I really I'm not a huge fan.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I don't see any almonds. They're probably very finely ground up in these clusters. But eh, I give it two balls in a spoon.
Speaker 3: He's still eating it.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 3: What if I want to do a little more than four bows.
Speaker 1: In a spoon.
Speaker 2: It's either four bowls in a spoon or five bowls. I don't think this is a five bowl cereal.
Speaker 3: Four bowls in a spoon?
Speaker 2: All right? Four balls in a spoon from Ashley. So not a bad episode of Serial Killers. Very short, it's only about ten minutes. But you know Andrew's not here, so he wasn't here to be mean to me, Ashley. Can you just be mean to me for a second so it feels like a regular show. Can you say something mean? Maybe? And I'm older, perfect, but I'm not the millennial. Andrew's the millennial anyway. Good try so, thank you very much. It's been episode seventy two of Serial Killers. I'm Scottie Bee. That's Ashley sitting in for Andrew. Please follow us on all social platforms at serial Killers PC. And you know we're almost at one thousand followers on Twitter, so.
Speaker 3: The one thousand follower will get a T shirt.
Speaker 2: You just decide that, all right, the thousand follower, we'll get a T shirt. How about that? So we're getting close. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, everywhere at serial Killers PC and also like and subscribe and give us ratings and stuff wherever you listen to this podcast. Thank you very much for listening. Until we see you on Friday, Ashley Crunch, We'll say it Crunch. Okay, okay, once is enough. Where's Andrew? Thank you for coming in today.
Speaker 3: You're welcome