Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes Dustin Nickerson April seventeenth through the nineteenth. Then catch the hilarious siblings Leah and Andrew Rudick April twenty fourth through the twenty sixth. And from Dublin, Ireland, It's David Nihil Me second and third Comedy Off Broadway opened and downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best in stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Call eight five nine, two seven one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway.
Speaker 2: Dot com Comedy Off Broadway. This is Kentucky Sports Radio, presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome in, ladies, O, my boys and girls, Grandpa's and grandma's, aunts and uncles. This is Kentucky's Sports Radio. On Tuesday, April fifteenth, it is tax day. Although if you're in Kentucky you really you may not know this, but you've gotten toil November to turn your taxes in this year.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they gave us Kentucky an exemption because of all the flooding, but they didn't really report it. I don't think they wanted people to wait. One of people going to try to do it today, but you got an exemption today. That voice you heard was Drew Franklin. I'm Ryan Leman. We got Shannon T Dude over in Louisville as always Connects Sports Radio sponsored by the TJ. Smith Office, called TJ what happens, Shannon, He'll make them pay. He'll make them pay by the end of the day. We hope to announce our Whiskey Thief call today that we'll be calling in on the Clark's Puppet Shop phone line which is eight five nine two, eight h two to eighty seven and the Avision Glass Tech machine already buzzing this morning my cell phone because there may or may not be some stuff shaking in the UK basketball roster today. Drew, we got got a little tip that maybe things are about to happen, but no confirmation yet. It's got to be Lamar Wilkinson.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, I didn't get a tip. You gotta tell me what you know. I don't know anything. I'm like everyone else waiting for something, but no one has given me a tip.
Speaker 3: Now, what's let heat? He announced. He narrowed his choice to two.
Speaker 4: Down down to your Indiana Hoosiers and Mike Kentucky Wildcats.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's an easy choice. That's an easy, cooly choice.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what he's got to think about on that one.
Speaker 2: Do we want to go ahead and announce it now that he's coming to Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Well, let's just wait. Maybe by the end of the show we'll get a little more a better confirmation on it. But I think some things are shaking, things are moving right now, and we may may or may not have some news about Lamar Wilkerson by the end of the day or hopefully soon. And if we talked about yesterday, Drew, he could be he could be the missing piece, you know, the shooter that kind of this rostering really needs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he canceled his Auburn visit, which is big Bruce holding another L Bruce holding a lot of l's this portal season. I guess he's gonna go home and think about it. Jack Pilgrim reported that on our board last night, pray on a little bit talk with family, but he is down to the Hoosiers and Cats. And as you said, man, if you if I'm looking at a table in front of me, and in one paper says bloomings In and one says Lexington. And I just went to Keenland and pranced around with a winning horse in the winter Circle and had a great day like that, surrounded by Kentucky fans screaming at me to go to UK. I don't think I have to do much praying or thinking. I would have made the call before I left town. But that's that's what we're waiting to pop. Whatever he decides, there'd.
Speaker 3: Be a good pull. He's cause they're the best shooter in the portal. Last year you got Kobe Brea, who because they're the best shooter in the portal. We saw what happened with Brea. Which, by the way, Kobe Brea showed up on an NBA draft board last night.
Speaker 4: He did he's UH in the fifties range fifty fourth. Maybe I don't have that one off the top of my head, but it was in the fifties. Yes, first time we've seen a cat in the UH in the projections for for June.
Speaker 3: So we I'm sure Pope can say, look what we did for Kobe Brea. He was not gonna be drafted until he came here. Now he's gonna possibly get drafted in the second round. We can do the same for you. Uh. I don't know. I just feel like I I like my I like Pope chances in this. But it's coming down between Kentucky and Indiana. He was here all weekend. I just I just feel good about it.
Speaker 4: I feel pretty good too. I'd like for it to happen sooner than later. I don't want him to get home and sit around and let the newness of the Kentucky visit wear off and let him take more calls. I wish you'd go ahead and get it done. But it seems Kentucky is all about him and all on, all in on him as the shooting role, whereas Indiana yesterday even reached out to another. So if you're reading Tea leaves, maybe Indiana is is panicking and going to a second option. But hopefully he gets it done by the end of today.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's ahead knock this out. What are we waiting for?
Speaker 3: That's not a good look, Shannon. When your team you're considering is going out and looking for another one already, maybe they're thinking that they're not they're not going to get him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if it were Kentucky and Auburn, you know, a team that just went to the final four. I would go, well, you know, maybe there's a chance that we don't get this player. But Kentucky and Indiana, I mean, could you make it more obvious, like why why would you go to India? If if he goes to Indiana, I will be absolutely shocked. They must have some really good Nile money. If he's going to Indiana over Kentucky. I just don't want to.
Speaker 3: Don't know why. Coach, You know, you get a factor that in new coach over there in Indiana.
Speaker 2: Tucky's got a new coach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kentucky has proven success with its coach.
Speaker 3: Try we had one year of good, good coaching. They got a new coach coming in Indiana.
Speaker 4: Hadn't been good since since you were going to Bob Knight's camp. I mean, what's there to go see in Bloomington. Maybe they can offer a little bit more money, but you you're gonna disappear not playing the tournament. They had plenty of guys making lots of money last year and look where that got him. So be smart. Be the final piece in Kentucky's roster. Be the shooter. To go with all the other pieces mark Popaz and be a part of something special.
Speaker 3: So let's let let let's play the game. Let's let's play. Let's play the game. The Kentucky gets Wickerson today, what's our starting lineup? Let's go ahead and start debating it. You got Lowe point, Wickerson and Otega, Yeah, both those guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I leen Diubaughte just because I don't think he would have left Alabama to go off the benchikin somewhere else. Maybe maybe the big Croatian steals it from him, or over Tom you know, takes it from him. But I think I think he will start at the four, and then Garrison.
Speaker 3: Garrison at the five.
Speaker 4: I think that's your five. If Wilkerson commits.
Speaker 3: And if Jaden Quaintons gets healthy.
Speaker 4: Yeah he can. He can make his way into the line. He'll need a little while coming off the acl, even if he's up and running by September like he wants to be. I still think he might take a while, a little while getting acquainted with college basketball again. But uh, he will probably overtake Garrison, depending how Garrison makes a jump. But a lot of depth in the front courd. You could you could throw those in a hat and mix them up and do pretty well with the pieces of po pas. But I think low Wilkerson. If he commits and Oway or slotted in.
Speaker 3: There, is Wilkerson our potential leading scorer.
Speaker 4: No always always got I mean, he's your shooter. He'll he'll still out there and make shots, but would alway have double figures in every game. But like two last year. I mean, Oway will be one of the best players in college basketball. Away it will be your leading scorer again. But uh uh, you know, obviously he doesn't shoot it as well loaded and have a great percentage last year. So Wilkerson will be needed to make shots.
Speaker 3: If O take it, can improve his three point shot, He's he'll get drafted next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got to fix that. Fix that little hitch he's got going on. It's a slow release. It's not pretty. Michael Kidd Gilchrist, he was second picking the draft years ago. Game was a little different then, but his shot was pretty broken too, so maybe someone would take a flyer on him. But he will need to work on that this this offseason.
Speaker 3: We wait on the Lamar Wickerson decision and of course the NBA draft A year from now with those guys, we did have a cat get drafted last night. How about Georgia Amore Shannon going to the Mystics going to the Washington Mixed six pick overall we talked about yesterday. They some projections had her maybe going ten. So yeah, was a little bit of surprise she got pixel high at six.
Speaker 4: I think it was. She was kind of fringe top ten player in the mock drafts and you here go six to the Washington Mystics. I guess we're all Mystics fans. Yes. Actually, yesterday, about two hours before the draft, I booked a flight to Washington, DC for something else. It just so happens I land at three o'clock on the day of the Mystics home opener. I don't think I could go to the game, but I will definitely pop in the Mystics store and see if I can get some Amore rookie gear on her debut day. But a little bit of a coincidence for me there though. I just happened to be landing a few hours before she plays her first game in Washington. You know I'm a big Mystics fan. Now we all missed by far my favorite WNBA team they had.
Speaker 3: I think like three of the first six picks Mystics had, Yeah, and then so they were just liberally just loading up. So maybe they were a good young team that we all can't kind of adopt to watch them grow.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be my adopted team, you know. I think about how much she meant to this Kentucky team last year and how she just willed them to a win there in the first round of the the NCAA tournament that we watched in the Milwaukee food court on my phone that day. But yeah, I'm really happy for her. I also wanted to ask Drew, you know, your boy, Russell Westbrook was there with her, you know, didn't you have some.
Speaker 3: Beef with him?
Speaker 2: We were talking on the pre show. I was trying to remember the beef, but I think weren't we in like Oklahoma City And he was like after the game, and he was taking a picture and he kept trying to get the right shot, and you tweeted out that he was standing there for twenty minutes trying to get a Tell me the story, because I'm trying to remember it.
Speaker 4: I don't know if i'd call it beef it was.
Speaker 3: It was slightly.
Speaker 4: It was more like a ground turkey. We weren't all the way into beef the light version. Yeah, we were all sitting around. We had done the postgame show in the Thunders Arena, and he and his friend we're having a full on photo shoot. But he was doing those photos where he's like looking away, pretended to not know that there are pictures being taken off him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Cool, and then yeah, and then he would get the phone and you could see him. He'd shrug, and then he'd step back and he'd do it again. He'd look up and then he'd take the phone from his friend. I didn't like that one. Let's do it one more time. And it just happened over and over and over again. I just said something to you all, like how many pictures of this man going to take? So then I didn't even tweet about it or anything at that point, I just thought it was bizarre. I mean, it probably took a hundred photos. Man, you just played a game. You can go on home, but just one after another. And then in our car ride in Texas, you know, we're out there with the tumbleweeds blowing around and I'm just scrolling Twitter, and he had posted the picture, and I just kind of commented, like, you know, took a few tries or a thousands take or something like that, and he fired back of me. He was not happy. I forgot exactly what he said, but he he was looking for trouble, or I guess trying to give me trouble. But I was just commenting on how long it took to perfect that photo. He pretended it wasn't being taken. So we had a little bit of back and forth. I think I replied, you're not mad at me, you're mad at Kevin Durant, because Durant had just left. The thunder at that point. Might have poked the bear a little bit, but yeah, it was a fun little back and forth. That day. We were bored on a KSR road trip. I'm in the back seat. I had to have a little back and forth with Russ.
Speaker 3: It entertained us all for a little while. You're going back and forth with Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to. I was just noting that it took several tries to get the photo that he pretended he wasn't posing for. I did, like, I'm not anti Westbrook. That was years ago. I did like that he styled George A. Moore last night because that was a big part of the broadcast. She got a lot of attention last night, not just for that, but she was a big part of it. Even Holly Row mentioned being taller than Georgia. Why are we taking shots at her height? Just got picked six and you're talking about being taller than her. I didn't love that. And someone else on the set mentioned what's better a three or a floater? And Georgia's like, too soon coming off the floater she had just missed. So there was a few parts of the broadcast where they needled her a little bit. But I liked the Westbrook thing. That was cool.
Speaker 3: Did you like the outfit she had on Shannon that Russell Westbrook designed for Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm the fashion expert here, so I think she was. She was fashionably dressed for the draft. I really liked it. I mean, could you see yourself maybe wearing something like that?
Speaker 4: Ryan?
Speaker 3: You know, No, I don't know if I could pull that off. But like Drew said, it was a big part of the broadcast. They made a bit on the red carpet. They made a big deal about her wearing Russell Westbrook design clothes.
Speaker 4: He was there.
Speaker 3: He was there. I got pictured with her on the red carpet and stuff, so it was kind of a big deal last.
Speaker 2: Time he was doing If it's not free, you're not gonna wear it.
Speaker 3: We already know, sure right yeah, free as me.
Speaker 4: Big for recruiting too. Kenny Brooks was there, you know for many years cal that was a huge recruiting tool. He'd make sure he was in the green room every time and got seen on TV. Kenny Brooks got to do that last night, so I'm sure he will use those photos in the experience on the recruiting trail.
Speaker 3: And her parents were there from Australia. She talked about how she hadn't seen her family and so long, and they came in for her senior day. I obviously stuck around for the draft night. So very happy for Georgia. Aymore getting Draft six overall last night by the Washington Biscuits.
Speaker 4: Mystic miscits, miskets, no mystics. I have a lot to learn about the mystics. I knew they existed. It's about all I could I could tell you. We'll get it figure out, though.
Speaker 3: I was trying when I was watching the broadcast, they'd say, who has the next pick? I'm trying to know if I knew their nicknames most of them, I don't. Well, I knew the La Sparks.
Speaker 4: That's where she was projected to go. We thought she might be heading to LA.
Speaker 3: And the new team is the VALKYRIESE Golden State Valkyries. Look at you, what's the Atlanta team?
Speaker 4: Uh? The Oh crap, I just wrote this in the morning, because she plays Ron Howard and the opener.
Speaker 3: Plays them dream, the Atlanta Dream, the Indiana fever. Fever.
Speaker 4: Georgia actually opens her career at Indiana playing Caitlin Clark. Her home opener is the one against Ron Howard, So two marquee matchups to open her w NBA c.
Speaker 2: Here you go, right, I've got the entire w NBA team list. You want to see if you can name the mascot to go along with the So you already said Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Right, We've done Atlanta, We've done LA, and we've done Washington.
Speaker 3: All the ones that I know, I don't know any other one.
Speaker 2: How about Ryan or Drew Chicago.
Speaker 4: Oh that's Scott, that's Hayley. Van Lift is going to Scott that's correct.
Speaker 3: He was a big deal last night.
Speaker 2: How about Connecticut.
Speaker 4: There's some others you'll get son, there you go, you go.
Speaker 2: You already said Indiana, New York. Do we say that one?
Speaker 4: That was the pretty easiest.
Speaker 2: There you go, said Washington, Domestic, Dallas.
Speaker 4: This one's kind of tough.
Speaker 3: Cowboys Wings, Wings's got them all.
Speaker 4: I think I could do the Holy You.
Speaker 2: Already said Golden State, Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we already said La Sparks. How about Minnesota, This is a tough.
Speaker 3: One, the Lynx.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: How about that? All right?
Speaker 2: Two more Phoenix, Mercury, Yes, Seattle mmmm Storm, Yes, Yeah, you got them.
Speaker 4: Listen, we're basically a w NBA show. I will say I couldn't have done half that two years ago. They've come a long way. Caylen Clark's a big part of that. But I could not have done the w NBA teams.
Speaker 2: There's one more future team coming that I don't think anybody will get. Toronto.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know that idea tempo it wrapped hers. That's a good one that they should have called me.
Speaker 3: I've said this from the show. There's a guy in Lexton that had at one time the naming rights if they ever came to Lexington like he had the bought the rights to name the WA team in Lexton. I don't know if he still has it, but I know he did at one time.
Speaker 4: We'll bring a team that'd be fun on it. I'm still a Mystics fan though.
Speaker 3: We're all shirts.
Speaker 4: Did I need to get you all shirts when I when I get to DC. Maybe some foam fingers?
Speaker 3: Oh, I want whatever. Georgia Amore's number is with her number on the shirt.
Speaker 4: I'll love it up for everyone.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we'll take your calls eight five nine two eighth two two eight seven at the clars pumping shout phone number. Ryan Drew and Shannon here, So line them up. We'll get too him soon as we can. Here on Kentucky's Ports Radio. Welcome back to take his Ports Radio, Ryan Drew and Shannon Matt's still in uh Amsterdam for a couple more days, coming back this weekend. He'll be back in the big chair on Monday for KSR. Phone lines, rope push. I got some lines open. You want to call and get on. We'll get you on so as we can. Eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. It's the Clark's Pumping Shop phone number to get some good text on the Avision glass tech machine. Though this one, this one has two of them. Got me really excited, Okay, so that's why we're gonna go right to them. This is for for scoop slash breaking news. A new Long John Silvers is being built on Nicholasville Road next to Scooter's Coffee. Is this true?
Speaker 4: I did see rumblings of a new Long John's coming to Lexington.
Speaker 3: Because as of right now there's not one. I don't believe.
Speaker 4: Nope, I know Freddy had to When Freddy would get it, he had to go to Paris, maybe Mount Sterling, somewhere a little bit outside of Electing to get it. So yeah, this will be the first one in Leson in a while.
Speaker 3: Shannon, how many how many Long John Silvers are still up in Louisville?
Speaker 4: A few?
Speaker 2: I don't know the exact number, but they're they're few and far between. Not a whole lot of them still around here. You're a big fan of apparently right Well.
Speaker 3: Growing up in Indiana, the only two fast food restaurants close to Well, Indiana were Jasper and Donald's and Along John Silvers and that was it. Heild they got a drugs, but Long John Silvers was huge back in the day.
Speaker 4: Big Sinny getting the drillers. We in Madisonville, we had a Long John. Any Captain D's kind of like there's a divide you like one of the other. Do you prefer Long John since you had it not well or you got a got a stronger.
Speaker 3: There are some things I like him both seriously. Like first of all, we go to Long John Silvers. You have to get what do you call them, the crunchies.
Speaker 4: You can just order crunches of crunchies. That's healthy.
Speaker 3: That's good stuff right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's on the.
Speaker 2: Food crust is all the degrees and everything in it.
Speaker 4: Help us clean out our friar by eating these random pieces that got held back.
Speaker 3: So that's all one. Text on avias and glass text. See here's the other one. This is from your part of the world. Drew Webster County High School Jackson Edens broke the state all time stolen base record last night with one hundred and sixty seven career steals. I mean, if you play four years of high school baseball, that's all over forty a year. I'm just taking this person ads word. They just sent this to us on the text machine. Could be totally false, but one hundred and sixty seven stolen bases in your high school career is amazing.
Speaker 4: That's impressive. That's impressive. Happy for my from my neighbor there, they had some good baseball teams when I was in did they in? Uh? In high school? Nothing like? Still in that many bases in four seasons though. It sounds like a young Ryan Leman.
Speaker 2: How many did you have Ryan in high school?
Speaker 3: I probably only had sixty. This dude had one hundred more than me in high school.
Speaker 4: You better hope he doesn't go to Wesleyan. All that records in jeopardy.
Speaker 3: It's funny think about that.
Speaker 4: You better get in between him and any Wesleyan scholarships if you want to protect your history and your legacy.
Speaker 3: And here's the other congratulations graduation too. You know you're wester County.
Speaker 4: If that really happened, if someone machine made it.
Speaker 3: Up, and there here's the one on the avision glass Tex machine. Tell Shannon, thanks, I just picture Ryan in a Georgia outfit.
Speaker 2: In the Georgia outfit, I can see that we could we could do a reenactment with Ryan in the which where those like leather. What exactly was that that she was wearing.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but she said on the interview that she helped him kinda decide what kind of look she wanted and then he just went with the material and kind of picked it out and put it together for Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you would describe that. I don't think you could pull that off. It was kinda I really don't know. It's kind of like a leather jacket and I don't wait, I'd love to see you in it, but I don't know what you would call it. Russell's He's He's known as a fashion guy around the NBA. So that was a good collab for her help further her brand and marketing value there she gets into the league.
Speaker 3: It's become such a big deal for the NBA Draft and now the WNBA Draft. What you wear to walk up to get your jersey and get your photo taken with the commissioner.
Speaker 4: Well, not just the draft, the NBA is basically half of its fashion now. You know they take pictures of them walking in Uh, that's a big part of basketball culture these days.
Speaker 2: It's amazing to go back to like, was it the two thousand and three NBA Draft. Everybody's wearing like the oversized suits.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, until look.
Speaker 2: Get what you know now?
Speaker 3: The yeah Kyrie no, not Kyrie Lebron they all have oh yeah, yeah, Carmel.
Speaker 4: They looked like kids wearing their dad's seat, like the little rascals going to rob a banker's.
Speaker 3: They had shoulder pads in their shoulders.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I have a feeling a lot of the fashion we see now it will get made fun of in ten to twenty years. Also.
Speaker 3: Uh so, speaking of the NBA, the NBA Playing Tournament starts today tonight. There's two games tonight, two games tomorrow. And if I understand, they just play one game. You win, you're in. You lose, you're out. So there's two games tonight. We got to pick our games for our DraftKings segment.
Speaker 4: Do you do you have the odds pulled up?
Speaker 3: I do not have the odds, but I have the games, all right?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, I can get the odds while while you read the games.
Speaker 3: First game is the Hawks and the Magic.
Speaker 4: All right, quick googling here looks like the Magic are a five and a half point favorite.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I could name you one magic player.
Speaker 4: Well, we hate the Hawks right now. I don't know if you saw you know Terrence man.
Speaker 3: Is, I've heard that name.
Speaker 4: He plays for the Hawks, and he talked trash about Tyler Elis on Twitter this weekend and he got so much backlash he deleted the tweet. Even Arkansas fans and Kentucky fans came together to defend Tyler Eulis against Terrence man.
Speaker 3: What was what was he got against Tyler?
Speaker 4: He he became like a GM of his alma mater, and he he had been critical about players want a lot of money when they only averaged seven points, and Tyler tweeted, like this dude averages seven points, what's he talking about? And then he replied you could never make it in the NBA anyway, something like that. So once once he went at Tyler Eulis, I think he had some some regrets because that tweet got deleted pretty quickly. So that's my long way of saying out on the Hawks. Terrence man you gotta go home.
Speaker 3: We're all We're all with the Orlando Magic tonight, Shan who you got?
Speaker 2: I got the Hawks?
Speaker 3: Give me the Hawks on the other game.
Speaker 2: We're all with the magic. You didn't ask me, he didn't even ask what I thought.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought you'd take up for your boy Tyler Eulis and go anti Hawks like the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just look, it's not about Ulyss, it's about who. I think he's gonna win the game. I think the Hawks will win tonight.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 4: Jacob Toppin scored seventeen points for the Hawks in the regular season finale, so he checked in to remind everyone he's still out there.
Speaker 3: Well, I watched the Pelicans game Saturday night, and not only was Antonio Ruves playing.
Speaker 4: So was Keon Brooks. Had a few big games. This about that this point in the year. I mean, good for them that they get called up and get those minutes. But it's kind of like the G League at this point in the season. A lot of guys who don't get that call in the rest of the year. They that last week they get in and get some run. But that mean they both took advantage of it. That's a big game. Not trying to trash him there. It could could help them moving forward for next season.
Speaker 3: Because Oscar I think had a couple of big games when he finally got to played for the Jazz. Right he's playing for the Jazz.
Speaker 4: Oscar's rebounding numbers are just as insane as they were at Kentucky. It's crazy what he's able to do.
Speaker 3: In the one team. Not find a spot for a guy that's got that skill set.
Speaker 4: I think he has like four or five g League games with twenty five rebounds. More twenty rebounds are more incredible.
Speaker 3: The other game tonight, the Grizzly and the Warriors. I'm surprised the Golden State Warriors are in the playing game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta go with the Warriors here spread seven and a half. Though that's a big spread. I'll actually say Grizzlies cover the spread, but Warriors have to advance. We need them in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Shannon, I agree with Drew on this one. Give me Golden State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Golden State, they cover. I can't believe they're in the playing game. Do we know anybody on the Grizzlies?
Speaker 4: John Morand Yeah, although there's no cats on the Grizzlies, but I mean he's their leader. You got Kevin Knox with the Warriors, so there's a cat playing tonight.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he was with the Warriors. Is Michael Mulder still with the Warriors?
Speaker 4: Is not? Michael Mulder is not still friends with his dad on Facebook. So I get shout out to Randy. I get to see lots of Michael Mulder updates, but he is no longer in Golden State.
Speaker 3: So there's your Draftking segment. The playing game start tonight and tomorrow night. Two more games tomorrow night. We'll take our break. Come back. Phone lines are open eight five nine two eight oh two two eighty seven. Ryan, Drew and Shannon were right back. This is k Tekey Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: TJ Smith Personal injury attorney call TJ. He'll make them pay now more Kentucky Sports. It's radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: This is obviously Bruce Springsteen and his buddy that he wrote this song about just passed away, like in the past week or two. Do you see that, Shannon. I just saw something on social media with his high school friend. It was the pitcher that could throw a speedball by you had just passed away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know that that was an actual true story. You know the song Glory Days but yeah, I'm sad to hear that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although I don't really know what a speedball is fastball, you know, have you ever heard it called a speedball ever? Other than this song?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I have mean neither much be easier to sing, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Eight nine two eight h two two eighty seven. Got some people on hold. We want to get you as soon as that possible. But while we're talking about baseball, we got a watch party here today at KS Bar and Grill Drew UK Baseball Plates at Miam of Ohio at seven o'clock. It's on the road, so we'll have it on TV here if you want to come watch the game, have a little UK Baseball watch party tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh that's exciting. I didn't know it was away. I just assumed it was home, so that's breaking news to me. But it's nice to see them playing a team that's uh uh not ranked in the top fifteen. I think they've played like seven straight, you know, ranked opponents, really good teams lately, which is part of why the record is what it needs to be. So nice to step out a non conference and play someone that's not dominating right now.
Speaker 3: And they They've got Tennessee coming in this weekend, so it doesn't get easier.
Speaker 4: So that's in a season that's I considered going to that one had my had of all friend invite me, and I committed, and then after committing to it, a couple of days past and I thought, no, I don't want to go to Knoxville, so I had to back out on that. But I will be watching them play the balls from afar this weekend.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to our phone calls. Eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven. Who's first? Shannon start with free bird, free bird, go ahead, free bird.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, welcome back everybody, and Drew dude, you did an outstanding job last week.
Speaker 4: My friend who goes, thank you very much, thanks for listening for the compliment.
Speaker 5: And uh Billy Billy was asking you some questions when you all give away those concert tickets about h I guess a balcony on a hotel. So my question is who would be the first one on the ks R crew to stand on the balcony of a hotel and the person on the bottom balcony below you is Danny Hurley, which one is the first one to take the leak on Danny Hurley.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, thank you for your Bertie interesting questions starting to show off with today.
Speaker 4: Which one which one would of us would be on Danny Hurley? Probably we did just so you all know when you were gone. Billy did the which is most likely two game where he gives me a scenario. I didn't know them. It was like, who would bail you out of jail? I think I said to you Ryan, you were a lot of the answers. Did you all hear this? I know you didn't. Yeah. It was like one was who would bail you out of jail? Who would get out and fix a flat tire? Who would die first in a horror movie? A lot of scenarios like that, and I had to answer. So that's that's how this this came.
Speaker 2: In answer to all the those he was too like you.
Speaker 4: Were actually, uh, I said you Shannon first to die in the horror movie, because all of us you would walk towards the danger out of curiosity. So that's why I picked you on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably right.
Speaker 4: So who's peeing on Ryan?
Speaker 2: Ryan's doing it just because Ryan doesn't even know that Danny Hurley is underneath that. But he's just doing it because it's a balcony and he's got to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Definitely not Shannon. Shannon has that kind of the fear of height. He wouldn't get close to the edge of the balcony.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it's Ryan, And I'd say if we had, let's say Billy gave me eight questions, I think Brian, you're the answer.
Speaker 3: Five of them. Well, what an honor.
Speaker 4: Appreciate that they weren't bad though, I mean most of them were positive things like you're you're going out of your way to help someone. Okay, like the flat tire, I said you, I mean that's a compliment. You don't want to be the guy that just sits in the car and watches someone change the flat tire.
Speaker 3: Peing on Danny Hurley though, maybe not be the best compliment.
Speaker 4: Let's just say he's not on the balcony beneath you. You're definitely the most likely to p off the ball.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's no answer.
Speaker 4: We need to bring that game back. Though that was fun. I think you off played it on the Free Excuse Me pre show before Shannon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we have and maybe Ryan, I could come up with some other ones for it for later on, or.
Speaker 3: Let's do that, let's show it again this week. Okay, now we got to do one thing Brillian Shannon kind of did this morning. Uh, the spaceship thing that Jeff Bezos shot up in the air with Katy Perry and his wife and who else was on there?
Speaker 4: U Gail King el king? What are we doing? What are we doing as a country?
Speaker 3: They shot him up for like, what was it four minutes?
Speaker 4: Why did they do that? I thought we're going to space to you know, learn things, broaden horizons. Why are we just sending Katy Perry up there? Aren't there women at NASA that could have gone up there and they could have gotten credit for about women. How about we just recognize the people that already work at NASA. Why do we need Katy Perry in space?
Speaker 3: Well because she sang when they were up there. She's sanging.
Speaker 4: Waste the money. We got bigger problems than putting Katy Perry in space. So that's my hot take on yesterday's event.
Speaker 3: So who who goes and who doesn't go in the space shuttle up in the sky?
Speaker 4: All right, Now that I said it's dumb for Katie Perry to go. I would actually love to go. I'm also not doing anything for the world, but if it is put in front of me, I would hop in.
Speaker 3: I one hundred percent would hop in. I would knock Katy Perry over to get in.
Speaker 4: Did you see it the landing? It was not a smooth one. It wasn't They kind of bounced off the ground and even Jeff you see him running, he falls in a ditch trying to run to the door to check on him. I don't think they did any interviews about the landing, but that that couldn't have been comfortable.
Speaker 3: They hit hard, Shannon, Are you in or out?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent out? You know me, I don't even like flying in a regular plane. There's no way I would want to go to space. But we were talking on the pre show, you know, like in the future, eventually this is going to become more and more common and probably drive down the cost to where, you know, your average citizen could possibly buy a trip into space. So let's say, like I was telling Billy, for instance, let's say like there's the equivalent of Allegiant Airline that's going to take you into outer space. Ryan would you be willing to pay Let's say it was five thousand dollars to go to space, but it's like the equivalent of Allegiant Airlines taking you into the outer space. Would you be willing to do it?
Speaker 3: So it's thirty two to ninety nine for me to go make the Allegiance Space shuttle.
Speaker 4: You got paid for your bag.
Speaker 2: Let's say, like find your seat, five thousand dollars. You doing it?
Speaker 3: I would almost want to do it just to say I was able to do something like that.
Speaker 2: You gotta pay for your carry on, you gotta you know that's Allegiant my barf bag. Yeah, it's gonna be really uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it. If I got a chance to do it, I'm gonna do it on Allegiant.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm going. If it's someone that knows what they're doing, I don't. I won't take Allegiance to Panama. I actually want to go on a trip soon. The only options Allegiant. I'm just not going to go, So I'm certainly not going Allegiance to space.
Speaker 3: Well, they had the submarine where they had people on they paid to go down.
Speaker 4: To the bottom of that was that was the equivalent of allegiance winning.
Speaker 2: With a Xbox controller.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: That was like a homemade thing.
Speaker 4: If Bezos called me, even though I was just critical of the operation, which was really dumb, I would hop in.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you'd hop in, Matt and Shannon would not you and I would do it. I think that's fit safe to say. All right, A five nine two eight h two two eight seven? Who we got channing? What's our next call? Drew? Drew? Go ahead, Drew, you're on with Drew Drew?
Speaker 6: Hey guys, Hey, hey, hey Drew? And right Channon. Uh So we've got a generational talent down here in Corbyn Kate elm down. Here's the deal. He could have played pretty much anywhere he wanted to as a quarterback come out of high school. But he's an incredible baseball player, and there's scouts at every one of our games on the road at home, and so a lot of people in Florid, of course, only think about football and be like, well, why doesn't he go play football? But I wanted to get your all's taken, even maybe some inside knowledge if you've got it, about which would you choose. Let's say you love them equally, but you're talking about like upward mobility, the opportunity to be a professional, because Cad will very likely get drafted out of high school. It's just a matter of how high. So maybe the difference between being a you know, a quarterback versus going and trying to make it the pros and baseball. That's all I got.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't true, don't hang up. I got a question for you. Don't hang out. So that's a good question. This Kate Eland kid is a superstar baseball player, but he's really good at football. If I'm his parents, baseball is a much safer route to go, and I think he's got more talent in baseball. If he gets drafted, I'm telling him, go for it. Man. That's how that's where I land. We land on that.
Speaker 4: I don't know his overall potential, but if it's enough that I think he would make it in baseball. Even though I'd prefer I like the sport of football much better than would rather play that, I would follow the path that's most likely to give me a career.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Football shelf life is maybe two or three years. Baseball shelf life could be ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So if I'm seriously in the mix for drafted and actually believe there's a path for me to make a pro career out of it, I would I would say, go about it the grid iron.
Speaker 3: Shanne, what about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it were pro, I would say baseball. If it were just college and pro wasn't you know, almost guaranteed, I would say go to college and make that nil money. Right now, I'm sure the football players are making a ton of more money in IL than what college baseball players are. But for sure, got the chance to go to the majors, I would take baseball.
Speaker 4: Dure.
Speaker 3: Here's the one. I gotta ask you a question. Who's this Malchi Brown kid down at Corbyn has already had an offer from Tennessee and football and he's only a sophomore.
Speaker 6: He just got offered to Kentucky as well yesterday. The kid is amazing. Yeah, he burst on the scene last year. He only played a few games because he wasn't eligible. It's funny to see how kids get eligible in the KHS. Douba, you know, a lot of it is who you know. Just to be honest with you, well, he comes in kind of as a as a foreigner to our parts and also our new coach coach Samons came in from West Virginia, so we had you know, we were looking at a few guys that would come in from from the outside, when Malchi was one of them, and he absolutely just on his first game. You remember the Smith brothers. This guy's got the potential to be better. He's got the potential to be better. And those guys were the best two athletes I've seen come through Corbyn fotball in all my years. I'm forty four. Of course I've watched a lot, played a lot, got boys that have played and one that's still playing, Silas, So you know, Silas run those guys. I'm telling you, Malachi, I can't wait because uh you know, Sala's gonna be playing right next to him this year, and I cannot wait to see those guys because he's huge, he's fast, he's got a lot, I mean, just a ton of potential. So you know, Tennessee and Kentucky are just really the first two they're gonna be. He's gonna get offers from anywhere he wants to go. He's incredible. You on the lookout for him.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Drew. Thanks that info, Drew is some breaking news right there. Was excuse, He offered, Malachi Brown, what's the one on it's breaking news?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have breaking news. Yes, the baseball game is at home. I thought that was the case.
Speaker 3: I thought it was at Miami, Ohio.
Speaker 4: No, they wouldn't travel to Miami, Ohio. Kentucky proud park. I was gonna correct you, but I'm like, well, am I wrong? No, So I looked it up.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you looked it up.
Speaker 4: And Tennessee's away. I think you just had him flipped. Miami's here, Tennessee's away.
Speaker 3: So if you're not going to the game, you can come here and watch our watch party, have it on the big screen for you.
Speaker 4: There you go, or if you're going come hang out pregame or post.
Speaker 3: Pre game or post game here exactly all right, We'll take our break, come back, go back to the phone lines eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven. That's eight five nine to Aito, catch, Ryan, Drew, and Channon. This is Kentucky's Port Radio. Katie Perry. One of our United States astronauts up into space safely landed with a bounce, with a bounce, uh, breaking news that if we just found out the Kentucky baseball team is in Lexington tonight. The game is in Lexington.
Speaker 4: You tried to ship them off to Miami.
Speaker 3: We've got Langston and Emmett here from North Carolina and Dad raising them the right way, raising them. Kentucky fans came in. So one of the things they can have Grandpa and grandma live here in Lexington. But one thing he want them to do whether we're here, what's come to kas bar and grill check it out, have some lunch, watch the show. So look, he's guys Kentucky had on he's living down there in North Carolina.
Speaker 4: Traffekto. They got to go to a soccer match, the UK baseball game on Sunday, and now they can see Ron Lemon in person.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 4: It's like a UK fans dream.
Speaker 3: What a deal, What a good Our friends from Saint Lewis or here also they come over here a lot and hang out with us.
Speaker 4: So, uh, Louisville, I don't know you, Gisvale. You just keep sending people to the different cities. Have you Have you even been to Saint Louis and recently or Louisville.
Speaker 3: I thought you were from Saint Louis from you know, he's from Louisville, St.
Speaker 4: Louis Where right it comes to a lot of our shows. It's that's my friend j Ad. He sent me a text last night him doing the Eils down.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a good thing to do. The double barrel L's down.
Speaker 4: Friend of the program.
Speaker 3: Eight five nine h two two eighty seven. Who we got, Chandon.
Speaker 2: Let's go to over seventy over seventy, go ahead, over seventy.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, I know facts are optional. A couple of things. The NBA play in Orlando and Atlanta. The losers out, the winner plays the loser of the Warriors Grizzlies game.
Speaker 3: Ah, okay, all right.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 7: The winner of the Warriors Grizzlies game is in. Then Galuser plays whoever won the first game? And one other link one other link with Golden State besides Kevin Knox. You probably remember killin Azabuki does their TV.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, Warriors TV very good.
Speaker 4: At the time.
Speaker 3: And Matt just had him on his ESPN show not long ago talking about the Warriors.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He does a good job. It does a good job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I appreciate it. Any question.
Speaker 7: Hey, you know, I'm kind of in the dark with regard to this, But Drew, how did you come in contact with Matt? How did you get started with with him?
Speaker 4: There you go, all right, great question. I was writing on the internet on a different website about non UK things and he and some other KSR people read it and then learned that I lived in Lexington and was a UK fan and I read KSR at the times. It was like, hey, why don't you just move over here? And so I did in two thousand and nine, six sixteen years ago. About it my sixteenth anniversary this summer.
Speaker 3: I always like to say, it is because of what you did at the Legends ballpark.
Speaker 4: With you that kind of gotta start our phone start put me on the map. We had a we had a fun Thursday's Thursday at a Legends game that helped draw attention, and I think that's how Matt first found the site. I mentioned this on Friday. You know, bt I retired for on the intern as are the world's longest running intern On Friday was his last post. I didn't know that, Yeah, but bt I used to to mention me before I even worked for KSR and his posts. So bt I helped put me on the map many many, many years ago.
Speaker 3: What what's he retiring for? What's he gonna do?
Speaker 4: I guess you can only be an intern for so long, and you know, eighteen years that's a long internship. He's he's spread his wings. He's gonna fly and go go be in the real world.
Speaker 3: Bt I, it's kind of sad.
Speaker 4: It's a legend.
Speaker 3: And Shannon, we saw Drew Drew the intern up in uh Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: Try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're a longtime listener, you might remember Drew the Intern. He was there and uh I had his kid with them. He's all grown up now.
Speaker 3: That was Milwaukee. It was in Milwaukee. He was there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen Uh. I saw Drew the football game too. He asked, yeah, if I could uh break a bill so we could catch the bus over here with his daughters. I think he had a twenty and you gotta have one to get on. I was like, how can do you one better? Hop in the car? So I drove Drew Drew and Drew went over to the UK football game.
Speaker 3: And we see Tabor once in a while. Our shows another intern. Maria's blossomed into a superstar.
Speaker 4: Well, Maria basically runs on three.
Speaker 3: Yes she does. Yeah, all right, eight five nine, two two eight seven. Who's next, Shannon, Natty, Naddy, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Natty, Hey, guys, good morning, first time a long time. I just wanted to see what role you predict having Garrison next season after the new additions to the roster.
Speaker 3: That's a great question, Natty, and I think that's gone of back. Drew said, that's where they're loaded. When once Jaden Quaintons gets healthy, you've got him Garrison, Mia Bonte, he A Bonte, Maya Bante.
Speaker 4: We gotta get you on these names. You were still calling Kobe bra Bobby a Bray you after the season into Lamar Butler. I'm gonna challenge you this year to learn the names.
Speaker 3: It's Hbte, Hyabante, No Diabonte, Di Diabonte, and Malchaimarno. So you got like four big guys down there you can bounce around.
Speaker 4: Yeah. To answer a question, Garrison will be starting early. Hopefully makes a big jump. You know, he knocked down some threes last year. Maybe pop will get him more of a green light on that. He showed he can pass it. We'll have to reel him in a little bit. You know, he can be inconsistent, maybe uh, maybe a little emotional in certain games against Oklahoma. So there's a few things to fine tune with Garrison. But uh, you know, we for years wanted players to stay and get better. I've seen people complaining that Garrisons getting back. It's like, how about we wait and see if he gets better. Let's see if he and the others make a jump from this year to next year. But he will be starting right away and then when Quaintons gets healthy, and we'll see how that shapes out. But Pope doesn't play as that much anyway, so we'll see all of them often.
Speaker 3: The four spot is the Abante and the Croatian sensation, and his last name is.
Speaker 4: We're still working all the names. Yeah, I'll give you a little time on that one because I don't know that one myself.
Speaker 3: I think the last name is like like yellow bitch.
Speaker 4: That's that's I mean, that's what we said yesterday. We have not confirmed. That's how you say it? Okay, Yeah, I will give you credit. You've got the hard one somehow, and it couldn't get Shannon.
Speaker 3: I heard Tom Leach. That's how he said it. Okay, is Shannon there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what do you what do you want me to say Yellowvich. Well you your question.
Speaker 3: You were You and I both heard Tom Leach say it, and I think we both that's how you say that. Yees, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: That's it all right, Andreas Andreas, that's my guess. Ye unconfirmed, but just me interpreting it off the internet.
Speaker 3: And Muhammad Diabante, but she was next, Shannon.
Speaker 2: Phone lines are open.
Speaker 3: Phone lines are open eight five nine two two eight seven. If you want to call the get a war on the clars, publish off phoner. I do want to talk one kind of more serious thing of all the flood that has happened across Kentucky. He's we've seen a couple of years ago where the Breathitt County High school football team and they got into their locker room, their fieldhouse. Well, now the same thing has happened in Frankfort. Frankfort High School football teams weight room, their field house, their workout room was it was devastated by the flood. So we saw where other teams kind of pitching and help. I think LCA went down to help Breathitt County. E KU, Now we need to help our brothers over in Frankfort because they look channel eighteen did a story on it, and my friend Chuck just sent it to me. Look it's it was. I couldn't believe how high the water got in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the school Frankfort just got hit so hard overall. I mean, this state's gone through so much the last few years with the tornados and now two flood at least two floods across the state. So once again everyone's just having to lend a helping hand. That's what the state does.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's what their best at when one of us needs a helping hand, with the first one to be there and help out. So but you hate that it happens, Hate that it happens. So if you can help your friends over in Frankfort, they needed their weight room was devastated. Right, Well, take our break, come back, go back to the phone lines eight five nine two eight two two eight seven. Ryan Drew enchanted. This is Kentucky's Port Radio