Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at thumb stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm James Wilcock with Stephen Carroll and we're joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor Louise Moon. First up, Louise Wrathbones. It's a tough morning for the UK wealth manager. It has been a costly FCA review.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it has.
Speaker 1: Indeed, so there's been a review by the FCA, the regulator here in the UK, and essentially as a result, Wrathbones are having to pause some of their new onboarding of clients. Shares fell as much as eighteen percent as a result. This is because of that they need essentially to do extra due diligence and that could be up to a year, so that they say that they're expecting costs of about sixty million pounds over two years as a result. And lists well, there's particularly Jeffrey's analysts, I should note, are saying that the changes this changes the conditions that Rathbones twenty twenty seven targets were based on so presumably they'll be delayed in hitting those, so it's the scope for a hit of those twenty twenty seven profits. As I say, shares fell eighteen percent, the most ever for the Welsh manager.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's on wrath bones.
Speaker 2: St Micro's shares are lower this morning, down over two percent at the moment.
Speaker 4: What's driving it.
Speaker 1: So they've offered one point five billion dollars of convertible bonds, so essentially they're looking to raise one point five billion dollars from selling debt and that will be exchanged into equity.
Speaker 4: This follows their share price.
Speaker 1: It's tripled in value so far this year, so it's the third best performer actually in the stocks Europe six hundred gage and that's obviously on the back of this boom in demand for AI and in particular for data center chips.
Speaker 4: Sc Micro, the chip maker.
Speaker 1: It is also kind of the latest of AI related companies to sell convertible bonds in recent months. Essentially, these companies are looking for cheaper ways to fund investments in those spaces, in data centers and those other AI plays as well.
Speaker 4: But as you say, shares dipped as a result.
Speaker 1: Essentially there's a risk of dilution, So the convertible bonds can lead to more ect issuance investors more likely to want to swap their debt into shares. So there's that dilution risk there which is pulling shares lower. But as I say, they have tripled in value so far this yes, still far higher than they were before.
Speaker 3: And so luis LASTI Porsche the car makers enjoying an upgrade and Barkery at least, but our trade is taking the stock for a ride.
Speaker 1: Well exactly, it's an interesting one. So initially shares rose on the back of this. I'd say Barklay's upgraded Porsche to equal weight, saying that they see improved investor sentiment and a lack of near term negative things negative catalysts, noting particularly that shares are recently outperformed peers. They say that recent twenty six twenty seven downgrades have already.
Speaker 4: Been digested by the byside.
Speaker 1: It also follows upgrade from Goldman recently, as well as upgrade from Ubs recently. These are all in June, and it's on the back of Porsche being in the middle of this turnaround, so some positive sentiment there, But as I say, shares initially rose and then and when they rose it was the highest level since March twenty twenty five, and then they dipped. So yeah, the potentity being taken for a bit of a ride. Maybe there's not as much, you know, of that positive sentiment really swirling as being indicated by a list. But again in a similar way to su Micro, if you look back, shares have since they announced their turnaround in March, shares have been heavily rising. So as much as there's a small dip this morning, there's still a lot higher than they were, so overall positivity in terms of their turnaround.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on applecarp Play and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 3: Mm HM