Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: You said something I was interested. You said that he told you you had more cash than somebody that was worth ten million dollars. Yeah, I want to talk about that, But first, what did you invest in like the s and P five hundred said to invest in Stave.
Speaker 4: Safety invested in like a lot of things alongside him, like I don't know who say yeah, like whoop, phase clan.
Speaker 3: So you just thought it. You just went straight to yeah investing in company like products, bigcoin. I invested in big cooin to get the stock market. You just went straight to the big.
Speaker 4: Straight to invest in At the time, I think I invested in bigcoin like six grand like uh, a bio company, like just a bunch of stuff spread out.
Speaker 3: Like So this is like this is like one of these weird movies. You meet a random white guy and meets he takes your watch. Three days later, he invites you to his penthouse in manhat. You open the door, it's like the Batman chamber. And then he looked at your portfolio and he's like, this isn't what you should be doing. You should be investing. And then he tells you to invent and phase clan Bitcoin. All of these just all kinds of just random things that just skyhout out to whoop.
Speaker 5: You're like, this is like what Eddie Murphy could have been in trading places.
Speaker 6: That the Blessing of Day because Mike is like Mike is you know, you know, but Dave kind of like they both keep me kind of like Mike is like and David's like, no, come back down here real quick. But Dave is also like a super risk taker, so he I feel like Dave balances out me and Mike, you know what I'm saying, and like he's greater investing.
Speaker 3: He'll tell his story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So like.
Speaker 2: My mind set on the investing.
Speaker 3: Just kept growing, growing and growing and growing.
Speaker 4: But the one thing I learned from both of them is just take a fucking risk and don't be scared and don't.
Speaker 2: Think about the risks.
Speaker 3: After how much ward comes back? How much of that money did you invest?
Speaker 2: I think maybe all of one point too off the tape.
Speaker 3: Do you have one point two million dollars to your name right now?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: At that moment, Yeah, you had that to your name. He comes and says, and a watch and to watch. He comes to and he says, invest you should, and you invest every single thing.
Speaker 2: You have everything.
Speaker 3: That's how I always.
Speaker 7: Listen because he mel was lucky enough or smart enough to have a good income, so he was making money for you.
Speaker 3: It was making making money. I knew if I knew all that money, would you make.
Speaker 7: It back in a year?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: He wasn't burning furniture like he was.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to sell. Yeah, So Mike, you said, ten guys with ten million don't have that much money in cash. How much money should How much money should a person have in cash?
Speaker 7: Again, so much depends on how old you are, what your lifestyle is, and what your income is. Right, So if you have no income, like you retire, you better have a bunch of cash because you gotta pay your rent, you gotta pay a car bill, you gotta have it incidental expenses. But if you know you're making one hundred thousand a month, right, you pretty much can cover anything you need to deal with. So you can you can really run your investment portfolio with low cash and high risk and so so much against your a your personal risk tolerance and your opportunity set. What I realized and one of the things that I wanted to kind of experiment with in some ways. I mean, it wasn't a mental experiment. But there's not a ton of black wealth, period, right, thirteen percent of the population, one and a half percent of the wealth in this country. Until that changes, our country's kind of broken. And one of the ways you create wealth is network, right, Melissa stunningly good networker. You put him in any room and everyone likes him. I know. It's this big smile or dopey face. I don't know. And so you know, he went to the milking conference. Next thing you know, he's going to Saudi your Abia. He's in the Mid East, and you know he's friends with everybody he met you guys, right, So that ability network, Well, if you grow up in a bad zip code, you're networking with you know, people that are aren't crazy and a lot of wealth. You put them in a room with wealth creators. He's going to network and get opportunities. And so now he's bringing more opportunities to Dave and either we're bringing to him. And so a little bit as guidance, a little bit is just introducing people to the networks of money. Right, how do you raise cap earners?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 8: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the re seats are digital, tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank, it might seem boring to save plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a serve of the P ANDC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally, do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 7: Role how do you find ideas? How do you use your political connections to get stuff done? All of that process that lots of people that don't grow up with that never have access to. And that's a little bit the idea of the podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we got your story. Yeah, we got my story, Dave, we got we got to get your story. So I know you said Columbia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your background is in developing.
Speaker 5: Real estate, right primarily. Yeah, So so explain to the people how how you've come to prowess at this level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've done it. So I was.
Speaker 9: I went to Columbia. I was a wrestler there. That was a big part of my life. I went to law school afterwards, to Georgetown and actually passed the bar in New York, New Jersey, and practiced law for about three years in New York, and you know, learned I had to from that. It was I think it was a really good base for understanding contracts, how to communicate clearly and things like that. And from that went with my brother into real estate in the let's say like early mid nineties. My father had done development of affordable housing kind of real estate, so I was I was schooled.
Speaker 7: I had a little bit of.
Speaker 9: Background in it, and you know, understood some things and and that was a really good time to start investing in real estate back that was one of those times like we're almost in now. So we started with apartments in North Jersey, moved from there to the city. We got into hotels in say early two thousands. W Standard children Firehouse came after that. And really at that point in time, as I started broadening my investments, started looking into technology, other food and beverage and hospitality platforms, biotech at this point in time, you know, mushrooms, crypto and so like. In a sense, I've been entrepreneurial the whole time. And if really, I know you guys. You guys had had Steve Harvey on once and I watched the thing and he had like these five rules, and I thought they were pretty interesting, right, I think you had said something about it and it was dream big, have imagination, gratitude, right, don't fear, you know, control your fear, and then have faith that's going to work. Out, and I think that's really what like entrepreneurism is about. And that's really how I've been living my life in a sense, in a business sense of like pushing into things even when I was uncomfortable using you know, I didn't use exactly those five mantras, but but essentially effectively doing that. And so that's what really allowed me to push in and just bring so many opportunities.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 9: So when I got involved with, for instance, Catch, with Mark and you and you know, one of their kind of like founding investors in that, it was really because I had put them in an opportunity earlier in the w hotel before they had started. And so it's that kind of thing that's always served me well in life. You know, same thing with Mel and uh, you know many people Mike and I and we just kind of create this network and and so it's I guess it's it's real estate would be a big portion of what for sure, what I do and what I focus on, but I do have a bunch of other venture investments.
Speaker 7: That I also pursue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to personally thank you for Catch.
Speaker 5: It's my it's my favorite restaurant.
Speaker 2: It's my kid's favorite. I heard you say that.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 5: When I left there today, I said, we want to do today? She said, can we go to Catch? I was like interested enough, I might know a guy.
Speaker 3: Get your table.
Speaker 9: Well that's that's all. That's all. Kudos and gratitude to Eugene Ram and Mark Burnbaum because it was really their entire branchild in execution.
Speaker 7: But I was happy to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: So this is how Larry gets hooked up with Catch.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I hooked him up with Catch.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, because when the first time I met Larry, excuse me, we started talking, he started talking about restaurants, and I just happened to drop that name, and he.
Speaker 7: Was like, oh, that's my favorite restaurant, you know. And then I was like, oh, I can happened.
Speaker 9: And then about a month and a half, two months later, we had dinner at Mike's house and that's where that started.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were year illegally your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.