Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of shrunk trend Head.
Speaker 2: Bob Boo from from Beetlejuice smiles. Yeah, I love that character. I liked in the sequel. Well, I don't want to it's not really a spoiler. Spoiler. There's the little shrunkenhead. Guys. They're like his like friends, oh nice, or maybe like minions now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or maybe like servants that probably want to be freed from the shackles of being, you know, under the spell of Beetlegeist.
Speaker 2: But who knows.
Speaker 3: It's really about colonialism in the end Beetle g Yeah, a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien. That over there is Miles Bray. This is the episode where we tell you a couple of the things that are trending right now this very day, Tuesday, October twenty second, twenty twenty four, and we are in person. We're sitting next to each other holding hands, recording this podcast. My hands are very sweaty. Yeah, Myles is doing a good job dealing with it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just dry heaving off mic. That's fine. We're in New York. The big the big big Apple. Yeah, the big construction.
Speaker 2: Site is there's always scaffolding. There's always place.
Speaker 1: You wake up and hear construction trucks backing up and moving forward.
Speaker 2: They just back up and move forward all day. Hey, So what do you do, pal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to back this truck up every five minutes, and I move it up.
Speaker 2: I move it up about ten feet.
Speaker 1: Bad hotel, Like, the hotels are really hit and miss in my in my experience, it's because every.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, it's it's it's it's a perfect example of America. It's either super expensive or kind of cheap and awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ain't. It ain't home alone too out here for all of us, you know. Yeah, in the Presidential suite. Yeah, man, it's tiny. My room is teeny tiny.
Speaker 3: Did you at least get like a ice cream Sunday to your room service for Kevin McCall's mid friend with the guy brought it up. Yeah, and you gave him some fruit stripe gum as a tip. That's right, always, always all right.
Speaker 1: So it is that time of year when Google rips us off and does the Google fright Geist, which is good. It's good actually good for the brand popularizing zeit guys. Yeah, also good for Google's brand to be associated with us obvious, but yeah, freight geist is where they take a look at their search data and say.
Speaker 2: These are the costumes that are jumping out at us. This is the list of the top. So in the past they've done the top costumes overall. This year, they're just giving us trending costumes miles. They have taken my editorial feedback. They have, they have, they've so in all those letters filled with mysterious powder, weren't for nothing you sent to Google? Yeah, with my fingernail clipping and I dandriff. Uh So.
Speaker 3: The the thing what we've seen in the past is that they were just printing whatever the machine gave them, Like it would be like number one costume Superhero, number two, Spider Man, number three, Spider Superhero. It was just like Minion and Yellow pill Man. Couldn't you take a single editorial pass over this?
Speaker 1: And I'm proud to announce, I'm proud of Google that they have taken what appears to be a single editorial pass over their results. And it's a little more interesting this time around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because before it would just be like Cape guy, and now we're getting real things like number one, number one, number one with a bullet. Are we really thinking this is the number one costume. It's the number one trending costume. Sure, okay, so I guess what we have to fucking revisit every day to see.
Speaker 1: They also give you a little summer so. Number one, as the name of this episode suggests, is shrunken head Bob.
Speaker 2: The Beetlejuice character shrunk and head Bob. Uh.
Speaker 1: Their their summation of this is Beetlejuice shrunken Head is the top search shrunken head of all time. Uh excuse me, who, motherfucker?
Speaker 3: I want this list to reflect what I'm going to see out in the streets, you know what I mean? Not just I don't know. This is the most shrunken head search thing ever.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a costume again, this this has to be ai man like that.
Speaker 3: No human thought that was an okay thing to put down. Beetlejuice shrunken Head is the top search shrunken head of all time. Therefore, it is the number one overall costume for Halloween.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised. Like, election shit isn't in here.
Speaker 3: I know, Georgia Polling is the third most searched costume.
Speaker 2: Like what huh?
Speaker 1: So what else we got. We got ray Gun. That's begs number two. I see more people do it meme easy ray Gun. Of course the breakdancwer. I just assumed it was like some anime character. I didn't know about it first, But now ray Gun, uh, you know, probably one of the top five characters from the Daily zeis this year.
Speaker 2: I would say, yeah, and James Carville.
Speaker 1: And James Carville, we're gonna we're gonna get get into it with that boy tomorrow.
Speaker 2: James Carville not on this list. I don't think it's accurate. It's being a suppress and censored.
Speaker 1: I feel like you could just get a flesh tone like one of those body like monochrome body suits, and then you'd basically James James.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, call they put some beef jerky on it.
Speaker 1: For There are some of these that make me feel old as fuck, such as number three most trending costume Catnap. A Catnap is the top search smiling critter of all time. Hm hm again like that, nothing about like that. This is the number one costumes are eating.
Speaker 3: The sub headline. The more I'm convinced this is not even close to what is a trending cast. It's merely off of like why why isn't like Cat Knapp costume?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what I mean, just yes, some of them do. Say that Lady Deadpool costume became a breakout search the day that Deadpool and Wolverine was released in US theaters. That makes sense, that's what we're looking for here. Part Corsett is being searched more than ever in twenty twenty four, and Sabrina Carpenter is the top person searched with it. Yes, that makes sense. Sabrina Carpenter is going to There's gonna be some Sabrina Carpenter costumes out there.
Speaker 2: But like Chipotle.
Speaker 3: Burrito, it just says New Hampshire and Alaska are the only state searching Chipotle Burrito over Chipotle Bowl in the last five years.
Speaker 2: That's just the fact about searching for Chipotle dishes. What the fucks you have to do with the costume?
Speaker 3: Like again, now you're getting some anger from I'm not I'm pissed again.
Speaker 2: They fucked up.
Speaker 1: I gave them one simple trick to get people to like your freitgeist and they fucked up.
Speaker 3: And I'm using Selson Blue so I don't have you know the Dann driff like I used to sell and nondescript envelopes to them in a menacing manner.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna we're kind of out and have to take it up.
Speaker 3: Like Wolverine, I get anything from these movies that have come out or like things that have happened like at the Olympics. I totally am like, Okay, reygun makes sense. I've seen people already getting their raygun shit together. I've seen Deadpool Wolverine couple costumes. Yeah, that one makes that the stuff from inside out totally. They are like five Beetlejuice Beetlejuice reference.
Speaker 2: Like Delia Deaths.
Speaker 1: They've also got Dolorous from Beetlejuice. Yeah, which was.
Speaker 3: Monica Balucci's character, which was kind of like a weak ass character in the movie. I don't know why the fuck people like, I mean, I get it because it's like you could be hot with staples in your face.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and then you're Monica Balucci from Beetlejuice Beetle Juice and down a number twenty three hot staple face.
Speaker 3: Uh the is Lydia deets Lydia's uh what noa ryder?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got Delia Deeps, We got Lydia Deeths so Beetle Juice. Beetlejuice has four characters in the time twenty five, whereas number eighteen.
Speaker 2: Uh huh Dune Dune, Just Dune. Who are you for Halloween? Dune, Dune? What's your costume? It's Dune, man. I'm just I'm just fucking a bucket popcorn. It does.
Speaker 1: Over the past year, the top searched popcorn bucket was for Dune. That tells me absolutely nothing about what we're here to talk about. Yeah, you motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: I feel like also, I feel like they did this to spite us. Well, yeah, I think they read our letters and we're like, look at these assholes.
Speaker 3: See, I'm gonna show my therapist because I'm telling you, I told her they're trying to piss me off, me specifically, and I know it's not just some kind of error, It's targeted at me. The other one that is really freaking me out. Number twenty four.
Speaker 2: Just under the Wire Soldier Boy, Solja Boy as in Crank That Soldier Boys Superman.
Speaker 3: That Now Wap Me You You is number twenty four, a song that when I hear it, I still like it every fucking time.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, God damn the song. It just gets everybody going.
Speaker 3: The thing that freaks about is when you search it though, it's all these like white.
Speaker 2: White girls and the Soldier boys.
Speaker 3: And doing a very bad job of cranking that. Oh no, yeah, they're cranking my chain.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. The dancing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna that you're gonna be so good at giving out candy when people are dressed as Soldier Boy and you say you must be cranking my chain.
Speaker 2: If that costs with this, I can't get jiggy with that. Google does.
Speaker 1: Google does helpfully tell us crank that is Soldier Boy's most searched song of all time. That tells me nothing, Google, Yeah that not only is that unrelated.
Speaker 2: To this, it's also so fucking obvious. Yeah we do. That was their number one.
Speaker 3: Soldier Boy is known for the song cranked that. Uh huh what else?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: The other part, though, the other thing I do get Gambit is number seventeen. I think with X Men ninety seven coming back, that's a huge I think that's it. That was that was big for us Gambit fans. Although that's another hard ass costume to pull off. He got like a fucking like he has like a half a shisty with the top of the hair gone with like a metallic headset.
Speaker 2: Not everybody can dress like that.
Speaker 1: How you getting a shrunk and head bob costume? I got to take a look at what they're What people are pulling on extensive.
Speaker 2: Is a shrunken head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that feels very like high level of difficulty. Yeah, no, no, no, that people, this is this is nonsense. I do like this spooky thing, but they've added new categories like party themes or spooky food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are we looking at all? Right?
Speaker 1: Party theme number one miles, You're never going to guess this based on the last list. Oh and we have said it three times, so we're fucked.
Speaker 2: Oh no, mystery. I like that.
Speaker 1: I love this holiday party theme. Skeleton. That's a that's scale party, just scales. Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 3: Look like they've been smoked up for three days smoking masquerade? Masquerade isn't inherently a costume party. Some kind of masquerade I know what they're talking about, though, like the fancy ones where you have like a little stick.
Speaker 2: Have you been invited to a masquerade party? I've been to a gala for which was mass isn't that the one Jeffrey Eperstein invited you to? He was there?
Speaker 1: I don't know that he was his party, right, Yeah? No, so his girl invited me.
Speaker 3: Wait, isn't that like the like the ceramic masks and ship basically? Yeah, come on, it's just like something. It's like a little kitty cool fundraiser favorite Alice in Wonderland makes. At least that's like a whole vibe nineties this one. I do believe nineties because we've that fucking that loop has certainly come back into into popularity focus. Yeah, Monster Mash, Yeah, that's kind of fun. What is a Monster Mash theme party?
Speaker 1: I guess it would be you'd have like wolf Man's, like all the characters from the Monster Mash, or you just inviting Shout out to Nick Wikers annual appearance on comedy bang Bag. Have you ever heard that he does a he does a remake of the Monster Mash that horribly.
Speaker 3: Horribly pornographic. Well, I'm looking at the Mummy. The foods Number one is mummy hot dogs. What is a is again? Is this a real thing? What is a mummy hot dog? Oh? Okay, so you take a hot dog and you just put a bunch of dough around it like it's a mummy.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that looks that sounds like a lot of fucking work. Sounds like a lot of work and it sucks. This is how I know this list is bullshit though. Party theme number seven Scream.
Speaker 3: Ah yes, why yeah? How because you're Nev Campbell. Oh so you go as Nev Camble. Don't just wear like low rise jeans. I'll wear my little short like blonde bob wig and I'll be Drew Barrymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I feel like there's only one costume for Scream. You just have a bunch of walking around.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that sounds like a shitty party theme. Man, well, Google, you fucked it up again. You're this close Google d minus instead of an F this time because you like at least head fake. You made a head fake like you're gonna actually try. Yeah, Dune, dude, this is so funny.
Speaker 2: I'm Dune costumes.
Speaker 3: It's probably costumes for like dads who are trying to find common ground or don't know anything.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, I'm Dune, may do you get it?
Speaker 3: But just have like the breathing tube in the nose. It's like, isn't that Grandma's oxygen? You to get that shipp back to her? And what the fuck is what's up with your eyes? He's like, I put blue ink in them?
Speaker 2: Is it cool? I'm like, I don't know. I'd be worried about chasing the wrong way.
Speaker 3: All right, nice kitty, All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back. We're back, We're.
Speaker 1: Back, and we'll get a little bit more into the polar coaster tomorrow. I think we're all anyone with bad media consumption habits, like myself. You might be freaking out a little bit about the polls. You know, now Trump's got a fifty one percent chance of winning instead of Kamala have fifty one percent last time.
Speaker 2: But the most easily manipulated audience, for sure. Yeah that is I got a check back. I got a check back.
Speaker 1: I am just holding my hands up in the air for the next month. But there's been a lot of two weeks. Also, remember that two weeks.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of talk.
Speaker 1: In addition to the polls, people are like, actually, the really good predictive factor is polymarkets, which sounds like an investment firm for people in open relationships, but is actually a blockchain based prediction market that utilizes the state coin USDC for trading. Okay, all right, cool, and that all made sense to me and went into my brain and my brain knew what to do with it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: It's a crypto betting market, but in addition to sports, you can bet on almost anything. One of the hot items right now that people are wagering on as whether or not RFK Junior and Cheryl Hines will divorce by the end of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's yeah, that's that's an interesting one. Yeah, I can.
Speaker 3: I would first say no because she's already been through so much shit, but now the stuff where it's like he wanted to impregnate that journalist, Yeah, some owner shit like that. I'm like, Cheryl, Yeah, how much can you take? Divorces take a long time, though. I feel like, you know, divorced by twenty twenty four yea, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like, if it's announced that they're splitting, maybe.
Speaker 3: But then the fine print is like no, when the actual divorce is actually the settlement.
Speaker 2: Is happening, Like I feel like there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: I mean, and that would be the problem with a betting market that is all focused on.
Speaker 2: Day to day life is it's like, first of all, it's messy.
Speaker 1: Second of all, it turns everybody into those creepy mask guy orgies from squig game. Yeah and yeah, So the obviously the most popular betting market. It involves predicting the outcome of the twenty twenty four presidential election. And Trump supporters have been very excited to report that been the poly markets. With the poly market, pol markets are saying this thing, Trump is going to win, laughing, He's now has a sixty four percent chance of winning. Kamala Harris is a thirty six percent chance of winning.
Speaker 3: Uh huh so And why wouldn't you bet big if you're probably over leveraged in crypto and hoping that the Trump administration will bring like a financial boon to you. And also this is the thing, this just reeks of like another pole manipulation kind of thing to create the perception. Just like with the Red Wave, it was a lot of partisan shit that was getting people like being like the Red Waves did full the betting market, Yeah, like that they were like blake masters is a shoe in and he like having like literally no support. Yeah, it was actually a red wedding, right, which is what happened. And I know the wave and a wedding are so close they start with the same letter.
Speaker 2: But no, no.
Speaker 1: The company literally suggests that you should bet on your beliefs.
Speaker 2: So it's not even saying like fuck is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which, by the way, what one of them is whether or not Kamala Harris ever worked at McDonald's.
Speaker 2: They have like a market for that.
Speaker 1: But so Polymarket did hire Nate Silver back in July. Wow, So they're trying to you know, pull in all the people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think again, this that that whole thing reeks of everything else the up is doing to get people primed to say this was stolen exactly the event that Donald Trump doesn't win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have all this stuff.
Speaker 3: For people going to well, look, I mean we had this, it was in the bag for this thing, right, we had all the we had all the momentum in this state. Because they're already doing the thing where if like something happens in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Where on election Day it's like, oh Trump's.
Speaker 3: Winning and they're like they haven't counted the absentee ballots, asshole.
Speaker 2: Right, right, and then and then it swings it the other way.
Speaker 3: They're like a lot of the people who are like observing the sort of like fuckery about the election, like they're priming people again for it's gonna be some absentee ballot swings to be like this is bullshit, this is stolen. I just put seventy thousand dollars in the poly market for this.
Speaker 2: Right, fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean so, Trump's position in the market, like the his percentage chance of winning skyrocketed when Elon Musk started pointing to Trump's polymarket lead as a more accurate representation of the race, and it had absolutely nothing tied to polling or the real world. It was just basically he said, he's leading the prediction markets and those actually matter. And suddenly, you know, the people who follow Elon Musk and Donald Trump started paying attention to the poly markets and it fucking blew up. It's also backed by Peter Teel. Interestingly, Peter Teal was heavily involved in Blake. Like Blake Masters was just like Peter Teel's like errand boy for a long time, right, and like that's the only reason Blake Masters was a political candidate was because he was in with Peter Teel, and Peter Teel decided to like, you know, just create from whole cloth a political candidate. And he was performing well in the batting markets and people were like, I think this kid might do it. And then it turns out because of things like him being a physical void of charisma, it did. It didn't go so well for him in the actual election. Yeah, so I don't know. Our writer JM is pointing out that like these public betting markets on elections have existed over much of US history. They're like technically illegal right now, but these are able to function because they're like overseas and the interneticut. But they actually go back to the election of George Washington, there were like a lot of people gambling on that and they were originally made illegal because they can actually sway elections.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that, And I think along with that, there's this other thing that's the trending story about how people that were hired by America Pack, which is the pack that Elon Musk from US. Yeah, that canvassers are using apps to just avoid door knocking. So right, this one canvassor was hired by the pack posted a video online outlining how to use GPS spoofing to make it seem as if they're doing the work of going out to turn out the door. Yeah, and like going like house to house when it's like but the thing is, you can do this and claim the money, uh, and you don't have to do a single thing. He also has tips as to like how to do it like slowly enough so it doesn't look shady to whoever's like supervising. This guy is devouring block after blocking matter of minutes, like, oh, call the Pentagon.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's soldier boy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I think now this is like a huge thing that calls into question, like how many people are they actually reaching if you have people because these are all paid canvassers. A lot of the time in a traditional campaign you have volunteers. And I've worked on campaigns where you pay canvassers or people to gather signatures a lot of the time. When it's there's it's usually not tied to like a quota. Yeah, they're just out there and be like, oh, yeah, I did the work.
Speaker 2: I can only get this much.
Speaker 3: Let me have my check now, which makes sense because like, if you don't believe in it or give a fuck about it, then what incentive do you have to go through with it? So I think with this, like a lot of people are like, yeah, man, they're paying us, and like, also there, our whole economy is a scam, So why don't just scam these fucking people too and.
Speaker 2: Just say I door knocked. Yeah. But this is the other thing too.
Speaker 3: We talked about I think on Monday, how America pack is actually most of the Trump campaigns like ground Game, the yeah.
Speaker 1: The one that just buys so Facebook ads that are just screen caps of Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: So he's just throwing money out at people that are you know, conceived. Not not to say that everyone is doing that, but potentially there are people just being like, yeah, bro, I'm just fucking skimming the money off of this ship. Then it's really hard to know like how how many people they've actually talked to and what the turnout will be.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I for.
Speaker 1: One, I'm called that people who uh support and idolized Donald Trump would be grifters.
Speaker 2: That's that's fine. I know, I know, I know, I know, you do you do hate hey, dry your eye, man, dry your eye.
Speaker 3: I can't just coming all right, well fuck fuck those people, but also like good.
Speaker 2: Good on that. Take the money, yeah, please take the money.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, maybe they're actually maybe it's an op and they're just like pretending to be Trump supporters. Okay, but Kamala door knockers, don't fucking do that, you dumb dumbs. Just just do the I feel like she I feel like Kamala supporters wouldn't do that, right, Well.
Speaker 2: But again you have it's a difference between paid people and volunteers, right right, Like you want like that's the whole lifeblood of like a campaign, is you want volunteers or like engaged and are willing to go to neighborhoods where.
Speaker 3: Most people are like are you a lib Yeah, and they'd be like, yeah, yeah, I have a shout out to John.
Speaker 2: I have a friend who's flying to Georgia this weekend.
Speaker 3: Knock on doors man, Yeah, shout out to him.
Speaker 2: Going on, there's a lot going on, all right.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, October twenty second. We are back tomorrow with the whole last.
Speaker 2: Episode of the show.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the back and get your flu shot.
Speaker 2: Don't do nothing about white supremacy. We will. Okay, all Tomari fight beast,