Speaker 1: It's not whether or not Heather Debro as a human being is a flop. The question is was Heather Debro's return right to this current season of the Real Housewives of Orange County a flop. Stay tuned, we'll get into my conversation right after these quick ads. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television. With over ten years a production experience. I'm executive produced top rated programs such as eight seasons of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Additionally, I have created shows such as Netflix's Styling Hollywood Owns, number one rated Love and Marriage Franchise, and TV one's Hollywood Divas, just to name a few. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. So today's episode is going to be a doozy because we are going to talk about a very interesting topic that you guys have asked me on Twitter. And one thing about me, you know that I'm all about answering questions that you ask me within reason that I feel like my listeners would want to get my point of view on. But I could not do this by myself. So we're joined by my favorite guests so far.
Speaker 2: Stop us.
Speaker 1: She is the executive producer at Morsauce. She just so happens to be the executive producer of Reality with the King, Yes, my podcast.
Speaker 3: Come on, girl, we're talking.
Speaker 1: About Jasmine Henley Brown that Hey Das Holls.
Speaker 2: Ago in Carlos.
Speaker 4: I like, it's so fun talking to you behind the scenes and everything. But I am so excited to get into this today.
Speaker 1: Yes, now listen, Me and Jazz have the key key. So if you have been a listener of the podcast, you would know that. In my introduction, I said to you that I've been approached to do a podcast for so many years and the reason why I decided to say yes to the mess honey, Yes, it's because when I met Jazzmin, it was like, this is my homegirl since middle school and not middle school.
Speaker 2: We have an age difference.
Speaker 3: You see what I love, Moddy, You see why I stand because she is shady booze.
Speaker 1: Now look, honey, we may have a different age difference, but the black on our face and cracking.
Speaker 4: So listen, just saying an age difference, and I'm much younger. I'm twenty three years old, so you know, getting a little gen z up in here.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, no, honey, I'm the grand Dome of reality TV. So but no, I could not find a more perfect person to have this conversation with. So today's topic is, was Heather Debro's return on the Real Housewives of.
Speaker 3: Orange County a flop? So?
Speaker 1: Look, before Jazz and I answer that question, I want to preface it with this. I'm not asking if Heather Debre as a person is a flop, because this podcast we're not mean. You know, we have funny throwchet, but it's not mean spirited. So it's not whether or not Heather Debro as a human being.
Speaker 3: As a flop.
Speaker 1: The question is, was Heather Debrell's return right to this current season of the Real Housewives of Orange County a flop?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I'm with you on that.
Speaker 4: I don't think like I will never personally I've never personally met Heather, But yeah, was she a flop on the Real Housewives of Orange County? So much so that I could not finish the season. That's how much it flopp Piana, flop, Pianna, oh, the whole goddamn cast, but missed. They brought her back to be Look, they brought her back to be that girl, and I feel like past the first episode when we got that tour of her mall aka her home.
Speaker 1: Not the mall of America, Listen, that's exactly what it was given.
Speaker 4: I was looking for the Forst Cafe inside of her home, the Ferris Well.
Speaker 2: I was looking for all of.
Speaker 4: That, but past that, I was so uninterested.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 4: Personally just not a Heather Debreu fan like that. So when I saw that they were bringing her back, I was like, I'm not amused, I'm not moved, I'm not excited. I did want to see that house. I didn't want to see that house. But Floppiana. That's my final answer. How about you?
Speaker 1: Everything you said, sis, I have to co sign on the dotted line initial in this box, laminated getting notarized.
Speaker 2: Sin filled and delivered.
Speaker 3: I'm yours. Let's come on, Stevie Weather.
Speaker 1: I agree that Heather Debre's return is a flop. And what's so funny is I literally stopped watching this current season of the Real Housewives of Orange County because it just wasn't great. And let me explain to you why I agree with everything Jasmine said. I was not a huge Heather de bro fan. She was fine in the midst of an ensemble. When you are banking your return on an individual.
Speaker 3: It's what Ebedy K.
Speaker 1: Williams called a force multiplier, right.
Speaker 2: Jazz Like, yep, exactly.
Speaker 1: I used to call it the Queen Bee of the show, the Nine Leaks is of the world that Vicki Galvins Sins, the Bethany Francos, you know, like the Teresa Judais like, you know, the force multipliers. Heather debro is not a force multiplier. It's like being in a girl group. She is a background singer, a.
Speaker 4: Very strong backup singer, right yeah, But she is not the lead. She is not, cannot and will not ever be. The OC doesn't have a lead singer this season. They're trying to give it to Shannon. But she's not a force multiplier either. She's not the lead girl. You know, when I stopped watching this season that episode when the and Gina went to New York and they were eating pizza, on the She's and I was like, as if, you know, talking to Ebony, like as if her and what's the same.
Speaker 2: Would ever be friends?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Whatever, be friends in real life Gina and Heather. None of this is realistic. It's just not realistic.
Speaker 1: No, So jazz Man, I could not agree with you more. In real life, the likes of a Heather de Bro would never be seen with Gina period now. And you know how we know that's a fact. We saw Heather's friends at the dinner party, yes, and they were just as fancy as Heather.
Speaker 3: So miss me with this labor both from New York like all of that.
Speaker 4: Girl bye, sweetie. Oprah and I are both from Milwaukee. She's not coming to my home helping me with my wardrobe. I would welcome it, like Oprah, You're one hundred percent welcome, like come make me over. Yeah, but it's just not realistic at this point, at this point in my life, it's not realistic that I'll have a friend like Oprah. That's what Gina, Gina, Heather was giving me back, So like two opposite ends of the spectrum for me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, absolutely, And listen, the problem is this, so I like you Jazmine watched the first episode and I tweeted, and y'all know, when I tweet something.
Speaker 3: It's I must believe in it.
Speaker 1: So I tweeted how much I enjoyed the first episode because I thought it was a great introduction to the cast and to Heather's return.
Speaker 3: And then when Gina spilled the tea.
Speaker 1: About Nicole having a boss job alleged boss job from Terry that turned out to be something that was dismissed or the lawsuit was dropped, I thought the whole thing was fantastic. So I was like, Okay, maybe Heather's return is going to be great. But Baby, after the second episode, it was dry boots, Like.
Speaker 4: Even when I try to go back to catch up, I'm just like, like, I'm gonna go watch I don't know Public Broadcasting System Girl before I finish this. I couldn't finish it. I couldn't because they're trying to make too much happen. And I think, you know, with the introduction of Noella, I don't like Noella as a housewife me neither.
Speaker 2: She's trying. She's trying very very hard.
Speaker 1: Right, There's a difference between being thirsty and dehydrated and on life support. So when you sign up to be on a reality show, I Carlos King, I want you to be thirsty. And when I say thirsty, sure that means I want you to really want to do a good job. I want you to like give your real life. That to me is thirsty. So I love thirsty. Dehydrated is when you're doing the absolute most, but you have redeeming qualities about yourself to where it's like, okay, girl, you're too bit excited to be on TV, but it's.
Speaker 3: All good when you are on life support.
Speaker 1: It's when you are so over the top you are with them Charter, you aren't real. There is nothing real about Noela, and no I think she's gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Beautiful gowns, beautiful gowns, gorgeous gowns like no so pretty, like I would look at you. You can just if they want to just have her, just give me a static image of Noela. I would just literally want to watch her. She's gorgeous, gorgeous, But a housewife gorgeous does not a housewife make okay.
Speaker 3: Not at all.
Speaker 1: No, Listen, you gotta be more than gorgeous to be a housewife, and you gotta be more than just like, oh, I'm gonna talk about everything like that's fine. But it's hard for me to connect to Noela because I haven't seen you with his husband who allegedly did these things to you, so I can't connect with you. I'm not seeing your child, so I can't connect with you being a mom.
Speaker 3: All I see is you crying all day long. And I met.
Speaker 1: You sis, so I feel bad for your situation. It's hard for me to connect with you, which is why it was hard for me to connect with Gina when she first started, because it was like, first of all, girl, your man's in LA and has an apartment there, but he ain't on TV. I work on love and marriage Huntspelle Enough said, if your man ain't coming home, he's doing other things.
Speaker 4: Honey, listen, somebody else was up in that apartment, and somebody else was. It later came out someone else one percent was.
Speaker 3: And that's why it's hard for me to connect with Gina.
Speaker 2: You know what Gina like.
Speaker 4: The whole way that Gina's story line played out with that situation, it made me feel like, and you can answer this as an expert, it made me feel like they were already on the outs, but she needed that to be her storyline when they started recording. I think the same thing happened with Noela. I feel like her and her men were already done because she came off just Toushan giving us the sex dungeon that was really a sex closet, Like, girl, don't tell me you got a sex dungeon down down to the OC and it's a little broom closet with a cot in it and a couple of a couple of whips and chains.
Speaker 3: Girl, that is not girl Amazon. Before production started, right.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what it was given me like.
Speaker 4: It made me feel like, no y'all were already on the outs, but you needed a dramatic storyline when filming started, so you just ran with this. But that's why we ain't never see that man. We didn't start seeing Gena's man until I think this season was the first he came to be with the kids.
Speaker 2: We never saw I think. So I want to say I've seen this on a.
Speaker 1: Preview, not the overview, but the preview exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: That's that's when I think I seen him, I.
Speaker 4: Think, But yeah, it's given y'all were already broken up, and I had to. I knew I had to do this reality show, and I need to be as dramatic as possible, and so I wanted to just act like this breakup was happening while filming what's happening?
Speaker 2: But I know we're not.
Speaker 4: I could go on a deep dive about these ladies, but I know we're talking about fancy fancy flop, not fancy pants fancy flop. I know we're talking about her.
Speaker 1: Bob Damn Jazz, tell how you really feel, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Says but you know what, Heather is a level of rich that I can only aspire to. So I will give her that. I will give her.
Speaker 3: That, all that, all that.
Speaker 1: Listen, I enjoyed Heather in the midst of Tamra Vicky Kelly Dodd, Megan King Edmunds.
Speaker 3: Like I enjoyed that, right MK, I enjoyed.
Speaker 1: When listen, when I'm casting for a reality show, a Heather debro type which is stoic, rich, beautiful, family, successful, o CD type A. Those are all good qualities for reality star, but you never put that quality into being the queen bee because the purpose of the queen bee, aka the force multiplier, is that person has the strength to rally the girls together. They have this mother quality, like how Kelly Michelle said Beyonce was the mother of Destiny's child, like Beyond it was like, no, we gotta rehearse girls, we gotta do that. Every reality show has that. OC did not have it. Heather Debro is not that girl. And as much as they tried to make Fetch happen, I wanted to burn the book of OC and just throw this season in the trash can.
Speaker 2: That's where it belongs.
Speaker 4: It is a whole heap of just everything's I go in the words Tamma said that shit so and I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree with her.
Speaker 4: It's just it's hard to watch like they, like I said, they don't have that queen Bee, that force multiplier. They don't have that lead singer, and they desperately need one. Because I don't think that the OC is a lost cause. Like I was seeing people saying like they should just can it. I don't think it's a lost cause. I think they just need people in place that can really do the job that you mentioned, you know what I mean? Like now, I wouldn't say matriarch because I don't think Niini was was like the mother. I think Niini had this quality that everybody wanted to be close to her.
Speaker 2: So that's what was.
Speaker 4: Able to bring everybody together for you know, that particular franchise, because everybody wanted to be Nini's friends.
Speaker 2: But she no mother's going to open the door and tell you, hey, Nini, you are good.
Speaker 3: You don't bitch.
Speaker 2: Your mother is not gonna say that.
Speaker 1: I mean, your father was raised on the other side of the tracks.
Speaker 3: You would. We'll be right back. Have some quick ass. This is reality with the King.
Speaker 2: I love getting in the t from me.
Speaker 1: Okay, when I was the executive producer of Atlanta Housewives, Nimi League did not come back at the top of season eight, And I remember a moment I was filming season eight of Atlanta Housewives and I was talking to my fellow producer and I said, something's off about this season, and I said, they don't have a queen be So to your point, Nini is not the mother, but as somebody who's worked on Atlanta Housewives and worked with Nini when she was on for those years, Nini had this presence where the ladies respected her so much, and to your point, they did want to be friends with her because Nini's a good time, and Nimi definitely knew how to rally the troops in a way that she felt like, Okay, let's go now. If you were on Nini's bad side, then yes, the doorba gets slammed in your face at the Intercontinental Hotel Honey in Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 3: So the OC needed that.
Speaker 1: And what's sad is that person was Vicky and even Tamra. And when you lose two force multipliers at the same damn time and you replace them with one person who isn't the most likable person in the world.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's not gonna work. No, it's not. Would I would argue with you.
Speaker 4: Vicky and Tamar aren't exactly likable either, right, Like I can A lot of people make those points of like they like, Vicki is not a likable person. You know, people talk a lot of shit about Tamra. For what it's worth, I one hundred percent enjoy watching Tamra on TV and then being able to meet her. I'm like, oh, no, she's actually a very pleasant person. Right, But they did something, they had something like what Nini had, Like Vicki for sure, even when you can't stand her, even when she's yelling at somebody about a damn family van.
Speaker 2: It's so funny, is so over the top, like she is just so good.
Speaker 4: Like I'm I'm in the number of people that I would pay money for a Vicky comeback on the OC I would pay, I would. I would spend all the money.
Speaker 3: In my bank account not to pay per views.
Speaker 2: Yes, listen, yeah, you spend all this EP money on seeing Vicky again. That's how important, that's how good she was to me.
Speaker 3: I have to agree with you.
Speaker 1: I think the only way to salvage the Real Housewives of Borge County you need Vicky and Tamra back.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, Tamra.
Speaker 4: Tamarra as well, because Tamra was so messy, Like Tamra is the type of messy that I'm like, oh, bitch, you should not have but I'm so glass.
Speaker 1: Yes, remember she tried to get Gretchen like white girl wasted.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, MESSI oh my gosh. I feel like she added some color to that, like, you know, one the whole iconic did you go to Beth Lake?
Speaker 3: Tamar is right.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. Tamra is the messy messenger. She's the bone collector. She's the villain at time, she's the comedy relief.
Speaker 3: Tamra was really that girl.
Speaker 2: She she was.
Speaker 4: I feel like, you know, when we talk about well, no, I'm not gonna say that, I was gonna say I feel like she isn't talked about enough, but she is.
Speaker 2: I feel like people give her just due.
Speaker 4: Like if you had an honorable mention for your greatest housewives of all time, I would say Tamra should tamor will deserve a spot on the honorable.
Speaker 1: And it's funny. My top ten greatest Housewife's list was definitely, you know, a difficult task in terms of like making sure I got it right, and thankfully ninety eight percent of the world agree with me, which is which is which is good.
Speaker 3: I'm cool with that right.
Speaker 1: But what people don't know is Tamra was definitely number eleven on my list.
Speaker 4: That's great to know. I also want to people ninety eight percent of people agreed with your top three.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were.
Speaker 4: Like Kim Danielle, No, those were those were the ones that people were like, really that one too. But I feel like people would do that because they just want to hate Jaselle. But people, I feel like they were genuinely confused, like Kim and Danielle like really bitch. But I'll give you that. Definitely agree with your to.
Speaker 3: This is what it was.
Speaker 1: Though, too people those people who were like really bitch, My audience said, no, you have to listen to this guy break it down. And once you listen to his reason as to why these women are on the list, on his top ten list, it all makes sense.
Speaker 4: Oh, let me ask you a question, going back to the beautiful enriched Heatherdubro, who you know brought us here today. Where does she rank out of one hundred and thirty nine housewives? For me, She's I'm gonna say one thirty seven.
Speaker 1: I was going to say one thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm gonna say there have there have been there have been worse, my friend.
Speaker 3: I guess thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, child, yes, and listen. Listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, Linda, Linda, listen, listen, listen, listen. Heather Debro should return next season only if Vickie, Tamra Shannon are back.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this. So that's my opinion. That's my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my opinion.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this jazz.
Speaker 1: Do you think the Real Housewives of Orange County, similar to New York, should be split into two shows where there's the Real Housewives of Orange County Legacy and then a new crop of OC women for the franchise.
Speaker 4: It would depend on the reasoning for the split, because with New York they split in and they said they wanted to show this multicultural cast. There's not a multicultural cast in the OLC. Let's be very clear about this at all.
Speaker 2: Let's be very clear.
Speaker 4: Like they got their first black housewife in Noela, you know, and it's took taken how many, like fifteen seasons for them to be able to do that, And so I think, just you know what we know about the OLC, a multicultural cast, I don't know. I think if they split it up, it will look like they're just splitting it up so that they could have a younger batch of OC housewives and then still keep you know, the older goals, the seasoned goals women women hate to be called the older ones, but the more seasoned gals what I watch it?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, But do I think it's needed. No, Because I don't think their issue is like the entire cast, like you said, they have very good ensemble, castmates and cast members. They just need that Vicki, that camera to come in and just really be like the glue. But yeah, if they came, if they split it. Listen, one, I told you this one thing about me. I'm gonna watch the Housewives, so you can give me as many spin offs unless it's Salt Lake City.
Speaker 2: Not gonna watch that, guys.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get her to get into Salt Lake City because I said to her, I understood in the beginning, because I didn't watch all the season one, but baby, season two, the moment Jen got arrested until the finale, not the reunion until the season finale was excellent television.
Speaker 2: Okay, we we can. We can.
Speaker 4: Next time I visit you, let's sit down and watch it as a family. Because I couldn't get into it. I got a couple episodes, could not get into it. But anyway, Yeah, I'm gonna watch the Housewives, regardless of if it's with the OLC Gray. If next season they come back and you know it's still boring in another flop, I'm gonna watch it a little and then complain to you and anybody else I will listen that it's a flop, but I'm gonna always watch.
Speaker 2: At least a couple of I hate watch.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, So in my opinion, I would like to see Vickie and Tama return next season.
Speaker 3: Heather can stay.
Speaker 1: See Heather, we don't think you're bad, so I want you to come back.
Speaker 3: I want you to come back.
Speaker 1: So I think you fit a mongst the ensemble. So Shannon, Bickie, Tamara, Heather, and give me two new women. I feel bad for saying this, but I gotta be honest. I'm over Gina, Emily, doctor Jen and Noela.
Speaker 3: I think, I think ye.
Speaker 1: I think it's time to sell them off into the OC waters and.
Speaker 2: Go on vacation.
Speaker 4: I okay, I would actually if Noela came back with the cast that you just named and maybe like another new person, I wouldn't hate that because, like I said, Noela, like you caught you said, Noela is on life support, just like beyond thirsty to be on TV. If she can mellow that out a little bit, I think she can give some good television. Because what I do think is that she's open minded enough to be like wild on TV and to like really give us kind of like what camera used to get like in the pool with no clothes on, Like I feel like she could be that type of like really fun, but she has to get past this like trying to mimic everything that she's studied.
Speaker 1: She got the sex dungeon from Candy, she got she got this outbirds looking at Belgient.
Speaker 2: Like, No, I must have fallen asleep on.
Speaker 1: That part that was last week's episode of You didn't.
Speaker 3: Watch of.
Speaker 2: Am, Like either I fell asleep or didn't see that.
Speaker 3: I watched the previews like you said.
Speaker 1: So she has this like outwork cry by herself.
Speaker 3: So I listen. I low key agree with you.
Speaker 1: My only issue is this, she clearly is not connected to any of us women. Shannon does not like Noela. I don't care what y'all say.
Speaker 2: She doesn't well, Shannon doesn't like anybody new.
Speaker 1: No new or younger, So that whole thing, like Shannon's my friend, please, So if Noel, If Noela does come back, I definitely think a new friend because I do agree with you. She's fun, she's wild, and I think she's producible, So I'm hoping that she can have a clean slate.
Speaker 3: Noela, if you're listening. Stop studying the housewives.
Speaker 1: This is not a test to pass the bar exam. Like, like, y'all attention new housewives want to be come on with it. You do not have to study every single show to become something great. And that's why you girls aren't winning. Like these new Housewives aren't great because they really study the show and they come on too strong, too soon. And we'll get into that when we recap Atlanta Housewives because I'm just not into new women trying.
Speaker 3: To be that girl.
Speaker 1: Because the blueprint when it comes to the ogs and the newer ladies, even Kenya who came in season five and Portia who came in season five, they came in as themselves. And I want more women to come on like Kenya and Portia and.
Speaker 3: Just be you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before I let you go, Jazz, I got a surprise for you.
Speaker 3: So we're talking.
Speaker 1: About the OC Housewives and my next guest coming up is none other than tamar Judge.
Speaker 2: Wow, so exciting.
Speaker 4: I am so shocked and surprised that you interviewed Tamra even though I was there. But no, that's that I mean, you know, yes, you're hearing the first right, go start hearing out the reality with the King is becoming like the home of the exclusive.
Speaker 2: So talk about exclusive.
Speaker 4: That Tamra interview is so good, like Tamar's so naturally funny and just with the shits too, like loved it. I can't wait for the listeners to hear that.
Speaker 1: No, So the Tamra Judge interview was so good. The beauty of this podcast is it doesn't feel like an interview if it's more like a conversation. And I've never met Tamra in real life, never met her, couldn't tell you met her for the first time on the podcast. And when I say to you, she and I have a great time. We exchanged phone numbers. I I didn't tell you this, Jasmine. I talked to Tamar almost every day now.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love that thought.
Speaker 4: I would say, I wouldn't have been able to tell that you guys had never met, like if you didn't tell me, I would think that you guys had known each other for a really long time. Like I said, that's the gift that you have of like making anybody feel like they're your best friend instantly. But I also think Tamra has that as well as she, Like I said, she was so chill and just very personal, personable, and it was a really good parent, Yes, a really good parent. I would like to see you guys talk again.
Speaker 1: And we will when she gets asked back to come on the OC Housewives, because I said to her in our conversation that I think she's going to come back, and you guys have to listen to the next episode to see if she agrees with me. Yeah, so, Jasmin, thank you for taking time out of your.
Speaker 3: Very busy schedule. Blackgir Mad my pleasure all around. This was fun and listen.
Speaker 1: I think we should do this more often.
Speaker 2: I'm one hundred percent down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well, thank you, Jaz love you, says.
Speaker 2: I love you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thoughts opinions email me at Reality with the King at stitcher dot com or leave me a voicemail at three one oh five ninety three eight one eight eight. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop every Wednesday and Friday. Share comments, follow and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Realitywitheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram and Twitter. Reality with the King is a production of More Sauce by Stitcher. It is executive produced by me Carlos King and Jasmine Henley Brown. We are also produced by Sierra Spradley Rix engineering and music by Marcus Ham Moisace