Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory spelling an iHeartRadio podcast. So you all know I love telling my Tory stories, like a lot of them, and this we would consider part two of God I love a good pun spelling the beans. So here we are. So last episode I teased that there was a major A list star that I kissed, and we're going to get to that, but I'm hold for bit of breath. We're gonna go into some other juicy questions before we get to that. Lorraine, my amazing producer, is going to ask me quite uessions that I don't know of, so we'll see what you get. This often triggers my memory of really cool stories that I didn't even know I had, but I got a lot, Loreene. Let's do this, okay.
Speaker 2: So I know you well enough to know that you are a very forgiving person. You're kind, and you're forgetting the fault. Was there ever anyone who did you wrong, so wrong to the point you couldn't forgive them and you cut them off?
Speaker 1: No? No, And you know me well enough that I do forgive. I don't hold grudges. It's not in my wheelhouse, in my heart and my kindness, So no, I'm the type. And you know this, I'm the type that wants not just people to like me, but I like people and once we're connected, I want that to continue. So this whole new thing, and I guess it's new. I don't know. I'm learning about it. And people were like, just block them. I'm like, no, no, no, I would never block anybody because I'm like, okay, you move on, you move on. Like to block someone I feel like is giving them power, and I'm not that type of person. And to be honest, I just want everyone to get along. I'm a lover, not a fighter. So no, no one I ever cut off that, uh, And probably you know me, I would just you know, kind of go quiet and then yeah, you know what. I don't believe in regrets, but I did break up with someone over text once, so I guess that's kind of cutting somebody off, and I still to this day feel really bad about it.
Speaker 2: Would you cut someone off if they like, stole your boyfriend, which I know you don't have a boyfriend, but if you do, would that be grounds for removal?
Speaker 1: Ooh, great question. Knowing me, I would probably find a way to make it somehow that I was wrong. You know, I must have been instrumental of them having do you see make out take You said steal my boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so having come from relationships where I've been called a home wrecker, Uh, you stole my husband? Yep, that's been written about me. In fact, I think she wrote a book titled dot Tory spelling Stole my husband. I don't really believe that a human can be stolen from one partner. I feel like, yeah, it's always typically the female that gets blamed when a man cheats and then goes to another relationship, and it's like she did it. She's the homewrecker. She stole my boyfriend or husband or lover or guy i'm talking to. I wouldn't know anything about love, but no, no, no, no, they have a part in it. They willingly leave. I don't believe someone can steal another party, So bring it all back around. I would probably find a way to forgive that person. I would block them, I wouldn't remove them. I would be sad. And if they wanted to talk about it, oh, I hate confrontation. They wanted a text about it, I'd be open to that and then we'd figure things out.
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on, career wise, were you ever heartbroken because you didn't get a role you really really wanted.
Speaker 1: Hmm, well, everything comes back around. I was really sad when I really love horror films and I auditioned for Scream one, and I've talked about going into that audition. I got the scene I was reading and it was Nev Campbell's character Sidney saying with my luck. You know, it was after there been the masker and everything was happening, and someone's like, they're gonna make a movie or a TV movie out of your life, and she's like, yeah, but my luck they would cast Tory Spelling And I remember that was one of the audition scenes and I saw it. I remember being on the set of nine on two W know and my manager at the time, I think, had they had faxed the other we'll use faxes then, do they know? To the front office at Nino two and zero to get me the scenes? And I got them in my dressing room and it was an audition, I had said, and my manager at the time said, I just she wanted to be mindful of how I took that and did I not want to audition because of that? And I might be not confident in a lot of ways, but in a lot of ways I am confident. It's like they fight each other in my brain and soul. And I said, no, I'm gonna audition for I'm not going to get it, clearly unless they're going to change the name, you know, change that line. But yeah, I'm gonna audition for it. Didn't get it. But when they did Scream two, Wes Craven wanted to and they didn't think I would do it. Talk to me about a cameo in Scream two playing myself getting cast. So if they do make a movie out of her life, it's called stab and Screamed two out of Sydney Prescott's life and lo and behold I got that. And I remember them saying like, oh, you probably won't do it, and west Cravenant was super I remember nervous about like, will she come meet with me in my office? Can I just talk to her about this? I was already on board. I was like, getting to work with West Craven, Are you kidding me? Like I'm already in But I went and played the game of chess and heard them out, and then I think I was like, uh, yeah, for sure, and that is one, to this day, one of the best decisions. And if I had an audition for the first one, obviously, and that whole thing became a story and like, you know, so everything works out.
Speaker 2: Okay. Next question, is there a celebrity that you think people would be shocked to hear is a total jerk in real life?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Huh, we need hints.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know what, I am too smart to trash anybody because I want to continue to work. And we thought it was kind in this business and I am but let's just say never. There's there's something to the old phrase never meet your heroes. I'm leaving it there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Can you at least say if the hero was a female or a male?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not female?
Speaker 2: Love that? Okay. Next, were there certain celebrities who wanted to be seen in public with you just for the cloud of it? Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm sure. I'm sure, And I'm not like tooting you know me. Now, I'm like, wait, I don't want to like say I'm like any like big shit or anything, but I'm sure. Like back during nine o two and oh days and I had oh my gosh, my gatar on point, love my gaze, my straight boy dar not on point, never understood, never knew female dar is that a thing? Not on point either. I just believe in people being nice and wanting to be there for that. But my friends who were not in the industry would always know and they'd be like, uh no, no, no, this person they're out. I'm like, what do you mean they're right, and they're like hello. They just want to be because you're you, and they want to be in the circle and around and yeah. I remember my best friend Marn saying to me, oh, remember the one that got away. I'm like, no, who's the one that got away? And he's like, don't you remember? I mean, this is we're going back thirty years now, all less. He was like, don't you remember we were at that club? And now I'm blanking on the club. We'll have to bring him on. He tells the story brilliantly. It's his story to tell because I didn't even remember that there was a night when we were all and this is totally unrelated, but you know, sometimes things triggered me into other territories where he was like, uh, do you remember we were at that club and Ashton Kutcher was there and he was talking to you, and I'm like, what I talked to Ashton Kutcher and he's like, yeah, he was like hitting you and you like had no interest, and I was like, what, oh my god, sorry, Miila could have been me.
Speaker 2: Okay on that note, just because it just I just thought about this.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Do you remember like going out with people and then they would just assume you were going to pay because of your family wealth.
Speaker 1: That's every weekend of my life. Yeah, but I always did, which is why financially my history not so good. I think so. And you know what, it wasn't so much my family's wealth at that time. By then it was nine oh two and oho, so it's like, okay, she's on this mega huge series. I'm sure. But I always enjoyed my friend friend's company. If my friend had a friend they were bringing, that was fine. And my dad, my dad always did this. My dad always no matter who we went out with. I learned this from him. Is he he would get up in the middle of the meal and he would go and give the hostess or the waiter, waitress his credit card, and so when it came time, it wouldn't be people being like no, no, no, no, no, I've got it. I've got it, and people being like, you know, making people feel bad if they didn't have it. So he would just always do that, do that, and I I took note to that. It was a really nice thing. And if you have it here, I'm the type when I have it, I share it in abundance. And I wish all people would be like that. But yeah, so during that time, we would go to these exorbitant dinners and nightclubs and bottle service and I would always quietly get up in the middle and say, I'm just going to the restroom, and I would hand my credit card over and I would say, you know, when time comes, I don't want people to feel awkward. We just pay for it and it's done. So yeah, I probably became expected at some point, not but my friends, but you know, when people came, I'm sure they were like, oh, Tori Spelling, I'm sure you know, I just put a S on the end of my name, Tory Spelling. I'm sure she's paying for it. But yeah, it never bothered me. I got to be honest. When I had it, I wanted others to experience it.
Speaker 2: So I want to talk about a little revelation slash confession that you made on nine oh two one OMG regarding a.
Speaker 1: Certain threesome one and only threesome I've had in my entire life. Yes, so on my other podcasts with Jenny Garth and Amy Sugarman nine O two one OMG, we do a rewatch, and sometimes rewatching these episodes bring up stories that happened behind the scenes, and this one happened behind the boat. Nope, not behind the boat. On the boat. We were talking about a season finale of season six and we filmed it two parter on the famous Queen Mary, and I said, I didn't say who that while we had to stay over at the Queen Mary because we were filming for a couple of days. I ended up after work and we stayed in their state rooms. And they're, yeah, I'm not sure they've updated the Queen Mary staterooms. They have a stateroom staterooms. It wasn't a stateroom. It was a stateroom. It was small and it was dark and lots of velvet. Oh yeah, I could still remember it. Not some good florals, not good, but yeah, I had my one and only threesome and it was me a male and a female.
Speaker 2: Did you enjoy it more or less than you thought you.
Speaker 1: Would less I hadn't been. Okay, I'll put it this way. This is going back. I don't think girls nowadays do this because it's all, yeah, they're not there to like make guys be like, oh my gosh. But you know, back in the nineties, it was kind of a thing and you would do this thing where you would be like, let's shock the boys and make them drool, and you would like make out with your friend and whether you you know, had interests in other in females or no interest at all, kind of it was like, it's just two girls kissing. And so, yeah, I've kissed many in my female co stars from nine oh two one oh. I think Jen's the only one I never kissed, and we talk about this. Yeah, And it was just fun and games, like we'd just be like, oh my gosh, wait for this reaction. Oh I got the boys every time, the looks on their faces it was priceless, and we'd just be like afterwards in the bathroom like crying, laughing, like, oh my god, did you see their faces? But yeah, so that happened a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, Okay, so you enjoyed it less than you thought you would, But the did them did your male under part have a great old time.
Speaker 1: So while I was all for, you know, kissing a female friend in front of boys, like, not behind private doors to make the boys like drool and be like, oh my god, did they just do that, I didn't have any exploration wants with a female. So this was behind the scenes, behind closed doors of the Queen Marriable places. My goodness, look, but yeah this this boy wanted it, and I played along. I don't think at any point he was like, oh my god, because he would never have gone forward with it if I had spoken up and said I don't want to do this. But yeah, I was like, okay, you know, I feel safe with this human. I feel safe with this female human. And sure, I always say you gotta try anything once, but yeah, I came away from it feeling like, Okay, I think I'll stick to, you know, boys. I'm definitely into boys and maybe just kissing girls like for shock value in front of boys, but other than that, I'm good. And I felt like I was just too nervous. I couldn't I was anxious the whole time. The whole experience just felt off. Did the boy enjoy it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll text him later and ask, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I probably okay, cool, I'm sure he did. Who was the most famous movie star you've ever kissed?
Speaker 1: So I believe in kiss men. I believe in synchronicity. I believe in callbacks and things always come back around. So I remember being at an agency. This is before, like I definitely like once nine o two and oh started and blew up. My dad was who was CIA? And he wanted me to be there, and so I moved to CA and they were great. I got so many feature films with them, Like I had a great agent, Michael Davis, who is no longer in the business, but there, you know, I was already on nine o two and oh. It was like a big deal. Oh my god, I'm getting nervous telling this story. I've never said it out loud. Okay, Okay, here it goes. I was in CA. It was their old office building, but it was like a museum, like it was this huge marble. No, it's the wrong stone. I'm obsessed with stones. It was more anyway. It was chic but very cold. I guess you would say, but very impressive and huge. And you walked into that lobby and it was not a lobby, it was like a museum. And I had just taken a meeting with my team and I was leaving and on the way out, I'm walking and I was gonna, you know, go to the front and get validated or something like tell me I'm okay and no, and then go. Now I never did that. I probably didn't go to get validation, which they would have validated knowing me. I went down and said, oh my god, I'm so sorry for I'd get validated and then paid full price at Valet. But while I was in that lobby, there was a boy that came in. And this boy came in and I was like, and I wasn't even like that at the time, Like I don't know, there were boy actors around me all the time, and I was just more into, like I just want to have phone with my friends and I'm a girl's girl. But I did my first ever like a double take with this boy. He was so beautiful, like I was like, oh my gosh, and we locked eyes and he was checking in. He seemed fairly nervous. I could tell, you know, you could just tell he was new. You know. It wasn't he wasn't some huge actor. He was like there and he was like, oh, I'm at CAA, and like things were starting out. Sorry, I've always been a detective, so instantly I was like assessing, like who's this guy? But I had never seen him before, but I was like, oh my god, there's something so hot. And we locked eyes and so then I pretended to like sit down and like waiting like maybe I'm waiting for my car to pick me up, and he just kept looking at me, and he was waiting to get called up to his meeting. And it's one of those experiences where there's no doubt the person's like keeps looking at you. I can't like keeps looking down waiting like doing, and keeps like glancing back up that glance. We all know the glance. And you're like, oh, this guy's into me. And I was like, oh my gosh. He then got called up and they took him and I I don't know. I went to my car and I didn't know who he was. I did reach out to my agent later I called him and I was like, oh my god, I never do this. But there was the hottest actor in the lobby, and I just who is he? And he was like, I mean, we handle every actor like I don't know, so I'm describing him. I'm describing him and he's like, oh, okay, we figured out who he was. And he was like, oh, we actually just signed him. He's a new actor. Da da da da dah. Cut to this guy becomes mega famous, and I was always like, oh my god, Like I was like, maybe his first Hollywood eye glance. Cool, but that was it. And then one night, one night, I'm at my apartment with my friends. I was engaged to be married to my first husband, and I was already having a lot of doubts. It was a lot of doubts, and my dad was old and not doing great at the time. I had always dated bad boys like this one I glanced at. Oh god, it could have been like one of his exes, but anyway, and this was the nice guy. He was the nice guy, and I was like, oh my gosh, I'm gonna turn thirty and I gotta I gotta step it up and get my shit together. And so he was so lovely. It just probably was never the right thing. And it didn't work out. And everyone knows how this story goes, because it's all out there in the press. I went and did a movie after we got married. A year after we got married, I met Dean and the rest is history. But I was engaged to be married and I was panicking with my friends, and I guess acting out a little bit. Even though I'm a numbers girl, I have always kept my numbers low. I think I've said this before. I cried the first time I went off one hand, so that means I had slept with more than five guys. I was like, oh my god, I'm a whore. And my friends are like, what are you talking about? And I cried and I was like, I don't know. Maybe it was the Donna Martin Virgin like grained into my soul and then you guys, and I have a low number in my opinion, I think at fifty one years old. But when I went into double digits, like just number eleven, I wow. I think I stayed in bed for a day. I mean, there's some good TV I need to binge on. But other than that, it was it was a thing. But anyway, sorry I digress. Anyway, I was getting married and my friends are like, you can still stop it. You like, these are what my friends are telling me, Like my my gusband morn He and I would come up with this story and he'd be like, Okay, if you insist on going through with the wedding, we have a rescue thing. And we would always like envision these like things like in movies, and he'd be like, okay, you're there at the altar and like, you give me the sign and I was like, what's the sign. He's like haka, and I'm like, okay, wow, that's gonna be hard at like this million dollar plus wedding at my parents' manor so he said, when you give me the sign, he's like, someone will come and just like zapus out of here. And I was like, well, make it chicer than zap and he's like okay, they'll have like Rose Champagne the Finest Dom. And I'd be like, okay, now you're getting Summer pal and they're like and caviar. I was like, uh huh uh huh. You had me a domb but caviar. Okay, Okay, that's enough to like say sorry mom and dad, sorry.
Speaker 3: For the million dollar Weddy need just paid for Sorry to my poor husband, Charlie, but mahe we're out of here, bud anyway, so we would always laugh at this.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I was engaged. It was before my wedding and I was with all my friends and we were hanging out and we lived on Wilshire in Westwood, and we went to the w Hotel and that's still very popular. And we went there and we were having drinks and it was all my girlfriends and my usband Moran, and we were hanging out having drinks and we're like walking into this VIP area. And let me set this story again and tell everybody out there. I hate saying this, but it's a fact. There's something, an unknown something called the celeb not And I don't know why this exists, but it's real, like it's happened a gazillion times that celebrities when they eyeball each other, it's kind of like you just look at each other and like unknowingly, like just go h uh huh hey, but you don't say anything. It's just like we know each other, we're cool, you know. And it's different because as an actor, when you meet a fan, it's a very different look in their eye, and I you know, I'm always gracious and kind and I love meeting my fans, but when you see another celebrity, it's kind of that nod of like, Okay, we've never met, but I know who you are, you know who I am, and it's just understood. We're not going to come up and give hugs, and just like anything else, it's just like, you know, you just walk on by. Most of the time. I was always really good at that. I never approached people. So anyway, come into the setting VIP area and there's all these people and mostly women in the like on this guy. My friends and I are there and I'm like, I wonder who this guy is lo and behold, it's like the sea of women parted and Colin Farrell was standing there and I was like, oh shit, that's him. I mean, at that time he was like a megastar. Was Minority Report like his first like breakout role. I know, it's like first big one was with Joel Schumacher, but I think Minority Report was like the one that made him like girls everywhere drool over him. Anyway, at this point he was a megastar. But in my mind I'm like, oh my gosh, I remember back in the nineties. That's the boy that like I locked eyes with. That's the boy that was like giving me the glance. Wow. Okay, So anyway, no to everybody out there, don't ever give me a dare. You give me a dare. You're going down or I'm going down, but not a girl anyway. Uh that was the one time only event.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So my friends are like, oh my god, oh girl. I was like, guys, I got this. And my friend looks at me and goes, I dare you, and moron goes don't dare her, don't And before he could catch me, I got up and I walked over there, and it was like I parted the women who had now dressed on him like even more and just with my ambiance, I don't know. I walked over there and it was like they parted again. And I walked right up to him and we looked at each other and it was a celebrity nod. The celebrity not went one step further. He goes hi and I go hi, and then we just start making out in the middle of the w hotel like all. And it went on quite a while, like full on locked lips making out in public. This is a no no for celebrities, Like this is like paparazzi Central, Like if they got that picture someone pulled up their phone, that would be like big news. So we try not to get caught doing things like this. And yeah, it happened, and we parted and smiled at each other and I just walked away. So yeah, and that's the night I made out with Colin Farrell. Oh my god, if you could have seen the looks on all those women's faces that were just like, I mean probably they were like, oh my god, Colin Farrell and Tory Spelling are making out publicly, but their faces just like their souls like hearts dropped, like oh my god, the envy, the looks just like, ugh, she's kissing. Then they probably wanted him more anyway. So yeah, wow, when I was a decade in the making, check that off my bucket list.