Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and no Hee Armstrong and Yetty. It's time for tonight's show. Sponsors.
Speaker 1: Here spons.
Speaker 3: Chewie, make the mailman carry a sixty five pound bag of dogte.
Speaker 2: Panda express.
Speaker 3: Our name sounds like we serve panda, but actually mape three sixty five tomato ketchup. If you really didn't want anyone to come to your barbecue, you could have just canceled Apple wasach spend three hundred dollars for your wrist to tell you to.
Speaker 2: Go for a walk. I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's three sixty five ketchup. I don't know brand, some sort of hipster whole foods ketchup.
Speaker 2: I like ketchup makes me sweat, but I.
Speaker 1: Like it it makes you sweat. Me and everybody in my family mean getting the weird face from Katie, Me and both my brothers. We eat ketchup and immediately we burst out in sweat, and it's a hilarious joke among all of us, like if we're out to eat. Whenever we get together for the family, we're all with napkins dabbing at our bald heads. You've got the ketchup sweat, sweat just rolling off our head for eating Ketchup?
Speaker 2: Wow? I ever heard of that? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Meda ever run into anybody outside your family? Who is this?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Actually, when I just think about it, thinking about it right now, it makes me a little little moist.
Speaker 2: Wow. That's right up there with Katie.
Speaker 4: Bananas and banana flavored things make me cough one of the time. Really, I wonder if you guys are somewhat like allergic to in these things, or something terrible happened.
Speaker 2: To me in my childhood. I've repressed. There's that.
Speaker 1: To answer your question, three sixty five is Whole Food's generic?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay brand? Oh, I will not sully my tube steak.
Speaker 1: You didn't want anybody to come? Why didn't you just cancel your barbecue? Okay, I get it. It must not be as good as Hinds or humps, which are the main brands of Ketchup.
Speaker 2: Are you a Ketchup man or a Catsup man?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think I think I'm like it when I say Catsup? No, do you say pallo and milk to the Bill Gates thing kind of shows what Epstein was all about. Oh, by the way, we're going to play a few more highlights again from the State of the Union address, the two greatest things being introduced in the hockey team. I mean, it's got no significance really politically, but it was an awesome moment. I thought it was really really cool. What did have political significance was saying, hey, stand if you think American citizens are more important than illegals and all the Democrats sat is just amazing. But more on that coming up a little bit. So Bill Gates still one of the richest people in the world. You know, he was the richest man in the world for a very very long time back when he was dealing with Epstein. He was the richest man in the world. Microsoft founder. He gave a speech to his foundation, which now he's all about philanthropy.
Speaker 2: At this point in his life.
Speaker 1: But he gave a speech to his foundation yesterday admitting to a couple of affairs that he had piled around with Ebstein somewhat, but that he never did anything illicit and never saw anything illicit. So I guess he just wanted to say, hey, I cheated on my wife. But I'm not a criminal or a pervo. I guess that's and so don't don't leave our foundation, don't stop donating it to it whatever.
Speaker 2: I guess that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to come clean with my entire relationship with Epstein, what it included, what it did, and I think it's probably a good maneuver. He admitted he had two affairs with Russian well, and he's already his wife already left him, So you know what's winning, what damage you can do at this point, he admitted he had two affairs with Russian women while married to his now ex wife Melinda. Gates issued a groveling apology, says The New York Post, for his links with convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: Gates is seventy now.
Speaker 1: He told staffers at the foundation yesterday that he flew on the plane with Epstein, spent time with him in the United States and abroad, but didn't participate in any crime. I did nothing illicit, I saw nothing illicted. To be clear, I've never spent any time with the victims the women around him. Gates first met Epstein first met him in twenty eleven, which was after Epstein had been convicted for procuring a child for prostitution. Yeah, so you meet this guy after he's a convicted force a child into prostitution.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: God, I would think you'd have handlers or whatever that would vet these people, and you would think, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be associated with this guy. Yeah, I don't want to steal your thunder or anything. Gates talks about the incredible connections Epstein had, you know, to billionaires who could help with the philanthropy. But that's a big overlook.
Speaker 1: Gates has always denied doing any any wrongdoing over his Epstein links.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah, blah blah.
Speaker 1: He and his wife filed for divorce in twenty twenty one, indigate twenty seven year marriage. That's a long time to being married. I did have affairs, he said yesterday. One with a Russian bridge player who I met at bridge events, and one with a Russian new clear physicists who I met through business activities.
Speaker 2: Wow, I was.
Speaker 4: Picturing hot Russian twenty three year old fluzies.
Speaker 2: He wants to make it clear that they were cerebral. Well, they might.
Speaker 1: Have been cerebral, and I don't floozy. I don't know whatever that means. But I mean, I know what that means. But in this context, the bridge player I linked to a couple of different stories.
Speaker 2: Nobody's got an age on this woman.
Speaker 1: She was in her twenties, and it looks like from the pictures her early twenties, and.
Speaker 2: Gates was in his late fifties at the time.
Speaker 1: She looks like she's twenty two and he's in his late fifties, and she's a bridge player and they were hooking up.
Speaker 4: I ain't saying she's a gold digger, but she ain't playing bridge with no broke broke software executive.
Speaker 1: And probably the same with the nuclear physicist.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But here's the interesting part to me, Epstein had previously threatened Gates over the affair with the bridge player and use that as leverage. Oh my, so Epstein, Why was Epstein aware of these affairs? Most people try to keep their affairs really, really quiet. Why was Epstein aware of them? Did he have some role in running these women at Gates?
Speaker 4: Well, I think you're leaping to a conclusion that might be correct, but at the very least, your billionaire private plane buddies, he's a womanizer. You're banging a hot rush and it comes up, does it? Man?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. I would think you'd keep that quiet.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Epstein met the bridge player girl, who was quite young but an adult, while seeking financial backers for a Bridge academy before he paid for her to attend software coding school. So Epstein met this woman and knew her. Then Gates meets her in twenty ten at a tournament they're playing in.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I Thinkstein put them together.
Speaker 1: That could be. That'd be my guess. Anyway, again, this is where it gets interesting. It gives you an idea of the way Epstein operated. In a July fourth, twenty thirteen email to this guy Nikolic, that's his last name. That's Gates, chief advisor for Science and Technology, Epstein sends an email to one of gatestops people and named two women that Gates was having an affair with and the pedophile. Epstein claimed the women risked. You know, this risk's becoming an overnight sensation. Bill risks going from richest man to biggest hypocrite. He says in the email, Melinda a laughingstock. Pledges will disappear as well, Epstein told so. Epstein just out of nowhere sends an email to one of Bill gates top people and say, yeah, he's having two affairs, and boy, wouldn't that be a shame. I'll bet this would be a really big story. And here's what would happen if everybody found out?
Speaker 4: Is there anything close to a threat because I have a different theory.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Just weeks later, Epstein sent a resignation email to himself in which he seemed to be writing as this Nicolick dude. During the past few weeks, I've been caught up in several in a severe meritable dispute between Melinda and Bill. So the email tried to suggest that Nikolick had assisted Gates in securing medication in order to deal with the consequences of sex with the Russian girls, which I assume would be some sort of medicine for a for a disease you picked up with your affairs. So Nicolk claims the emails were not written on his behalf or at his request. So Epstein wrote these emails he had to be either sent to the guy or was planning to send him to the guy and say I think this is what you should do.
Speaker 2: Had to be.
Speaker 1: Now what he was trying to get that is not known, but he was trying to get something.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a twist. So Epstein ghost throat resignation letters. Yeah for the second in command mentioning that the Russians and implying the clap.
Speaker 1: But it gives you an idea of what was going on in that world with all these people in the sex and the how out of nowhere it seems like Epstein could come to you and all of a sudden, Yeah, this is going to be really uncomfortable for you unless this happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whatever that this is, I have all sorts of theories about how that could have happened after a quick word towarference or untoward oh on, completely all on the big un capital on. You don't need to be as rich as Bill Gates to love simply safe home security to protect yourself the stuff you've worked for, the ones you love. Simply safe active guard outdoor protection is one of the big differences. It helps prevent breakings before or they happened. You got your AI powered cameras backed by live professional monitoring agents who can call the cops, talk to the perpetrators, activate spotlights, whatever you need.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Not to turn this dark, but I gotta believe if Nancy Guthrie had simply Safe, the active guard out poor or protection would have alerted somebody when you got that guy lurking outside your house, as opposed to you just have video of it and then he breaks in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no long term contracts or cancelation fees. They earn your business every day. And listen to this, which the state of the art. Amazing monitoring plans start around a dollar a day. That's fantastic. It's so much less than the old crappy systems. So why wait? Protect your home today. Enjoy fifty percent off a new simply Safe system with professional monitoring at simply safe dot com. Slash armstrong at simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 1: To be fair to Bill Gates, he did say, I apologize to people who are drawn into this because of the mistake I made. It definitely is the opposite of the values of the foundation and the goals of the foundation.
Speaker 2: Are your goals or not to procure young women to know.
Speaker 1: Gates previously said he was foolish to spend any time with Epstein. I thought it would help me with global health philanthropy. In fact, it failed to do that.
Speaker 2: It was just a huge mistake.
Speaker 4: What did Gates say that Epstein turned from the great doer of favors? Because that was his power, and that's been documented in a couple of different places.
Speaker 2: We've talked about it.
Speaker 4: He connected people, He did favors for people, They were obligated to him, they would do him a favor, et cetera. That was what it was all about with the rich and powerful. What made him switch from the great doer of favors to the don't you f with me? You have no idea how good I am? That was hinted at by that fake resignation.
Speaker 1: Lafe right, right, right right. I don't know, but so he could. He could go either way. So he wants to get you in a bad situation, and then it's either favors. You know, we can keep the bad situation quiet. You know, you do favors for me, I'll do favors for you and we'll have a great relationship. But if for some reason you're not willing to do a favor for me, or who knows what, I got this over you, and I'm willing to talk about it apparently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you're overestimating how much a part of his act that was, but.
Speaker 2: It was plainly apart.
Speaker 1: What's that email he sends to Gates number one with the boy this is gonna be a sensational story going to the foundation.
Speaker 4: And all I'm saying is that he would probably very rarely play that card, because that would if he got a rep among all the rich and powerful who hung with him and all that, Oh, he'll turn on you like a jackal.
Speaker 2: It would have fallen apart.
Speaker 4: I say it was ninety five percent positive, and one out of twenty he'd have to, you know, maybe twist the normals.
Speaker 2: You know, some of it.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't need to say out loud. If you were getting together with underage women and Epstein knew about it, you don't need to send an email saying pointing that out.
Speaker 2: Or even twenty two year olds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're having a fair period.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Or you're a CEO of a company. You're not supposed to be banging twenty two year old Russians.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Card players, bridgeport really chess players, whatever bridge is. I don't really know what bridge is. A card game, Well, I know it's a card game, and I having the slightest idea how to play. I don't either. It's difficult. She partner gets mad at you if you play bad.
Speaker 2: She looked very young.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if you know any thought on this text line four one, five, two nine five kftc.
Speaker 2: Arrom and Getty.
Speaker 1: College kids are telling us Trump Stay the Union didn't go so well. The only problem it's tomorrow. Great Trump Stay the Union speech one out of ten. One's the worst, ten's the best. Negatives and why I think we all know a lot of What about the state of the Union last night?
Speaker 4: One in ten? It was like.
Speaker 2: The place and to give it a one?
Speaker 4: And why do you say one?
Speaker 2: I don't think he's very articulate. How did Trump do it?
Speaker 1: The Stay of the Union?
Speaker 4: Zero?
Speaker 2: I didn't really watch it much. I watched it a little bit.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and the punchline is George Washington University students.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as she said, I asked them the day before the speech. Everything's performative.
Speaker 1: That is unbelievable. Wow, everybody's got their role to play.
Speaker 2: That fits in with us.
Speaker 1: I was just reading something from James Lindsay, who we really like around here is one of your anti woke leaders, and he's talking about a couple of different times with the Democrats wouldn't stand up for people who are victims of crime or whatever. Anyway, James Lindsay wrote, I'm once again explaining to you that the friend enemy distinction in politics is poisoned. The Democrats refuse to stand because the enemy stands, and for them to stand would be to be seen standing with the enemy. It rots your soil, your soul, It destroys you from the inside. I would agree, just judge these things on an individual basis, without any.
Speaker 2: That's entirely tribal.
Speaker 1: You got someone there who's had died, and people are standing and saying, you know, we feel bad for you. Go ahead and join in on that. It's not gonna hurt anything.
Speaker 2: One of them.
Speaker 1: I wondered about a little bit. Gotta be delicate here because it's a child and it's a tragedy. But they Trump introduced this girl who was at that horrible situation with that camp in Texas where the flood came and swept away and drowned all those kids. And you had a girl who was rescued by a firefighter or whoever rescued her. I mean, that story is great, obviously, but you had the little girl there and she stands up and everybody's cheering and they fist bump. I thought that was kind of weird. I mean, to each their own, but that kid went through I can't even imagine the PTSD around that. All your friends drowned in front of you, and you nearly drowned and got pulled out of the water from the bottom by this guy, and now you're smiling and fist bumping at the State of the Union address.
Speaker 2: Just seems weird to me.
Speaker 4: And all the parents of the kids who did die or at home. That's extremely I didn't say that extremely UNCP.
Speaker 2: A full thing.
Speaker 1: You went through into kind of a happy fist bump smiling thing. You know, it's the kid gets to do a d D and whatever. But it just seemed ahdly placed to me.
Speaker 4: I would have said xnay on that one as a parent, a political person, right, you know, I might have saluted the absolutely wonder absolutely saluting the first responder perfectly makes sense.
Speaker 2: The girl being there just seemed I can't even imagine what that girl went through.
Speaker 1: Uh, we're gonna play another moment from the introducing the hockey team and everything like that, and everybody cheered that, almost everybody. There are a few people that didn't stand up, even for the hockey players.
Speaker 2: There's no helping you. I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 1: But the not standing for you prioritize Americans citizens over illegals. No Democrats stood for that. Of course, seventy some Democrats didn't show up at all, but none of the Democrats that were there stood for that. And I think that moment is going to have legs. So we got a lot more on the way. I hope you can stay here. If you miss a second, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: A short time ago, we were a dead country. Now we are the hottest country anywhere in the world.
Speaker 2: The hottest.
Speaker 4: Well, that's nightclub manager Hallim Benkowitz talking about his hot No, that's the president. You know.
Speaker 1: I read from the Wall Street Journal editorial board week before last on how there's a lot of great signs with the economy, and they pointed them all out, but with the whole you know, Mark Twain, lies, damn lies and statistics. Every president in my lifetime has painted a portrait of the economy being fantastic or bouncing back or roaring or whatever. So you can come up with them that make that point regardless. But yeah, I would say so he's got I mean, certainly the stock market numbers. I mean, you can't argue with those.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. On the other hand, the affordability issue is real. Emotionally, it feels very expensive out there.
Speaker 4: Well, inflation has a very long tail because prices don't come down generally, they stop rising maybe, but it's fairly rare that they come down, you know. On Moss as a whole, I feel like people talk too much about the price of bacon or eggs and not enough about car insurance.
Speaker 2: I mean, what the hell.
Speaker 4: Oh, speaking of the Journal, they had a great piece the other day about how wildly desperate people are in various parts of Calumun Accorney, in particular to get homeowners insurance. You can't even get anybody to write you a policy, and the States Ensure of Last Resort whatever it's called, some ridiculous name, is just completely drowning in unsustainable obligations. So anyway, yeah, that's a great one. Insurance and vehicle costs and repairs and all that stuff. Anyway, the President did talk a fair amount about economics, and yes, earlier in the show, we saluted the master stroke of the making the Democrats sit through a long round of applause for the idea of yeah, citizens get priority over illegal immigrants.
Speaker 2: No they don't, No they don't. We're Democrats. We like illegals better. So that was great.
Speaker 4: But let's talk economics a little bit. Michael will start with a one twenty.
Speaker 5: All Democrats, every single one of them, voted against these really important and very necessary massive tax cuts. They wanted large scale tax increases to hurt the people instead.
Speaker 2: But we held strong and with.
Speaker 5: The great, big, beautiful bill, we gave you no tax on tips, no tax on overtime, and no tax on social security.
Speaker 4: For our great scene, can we put the person in charge of audio in Levenworth?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: First of all, that's inexcusable being in the business we're in.
Speaker 2: Trust us.
Speaker 1: It's inexcusable that the microphone was cutting out the way it was. Seventy Democrats didn't show up. What are we doing as a country here?
Speaker 2: What are we doing? People?
Speaker 4: And we've gone from a moment not very long ago at all, when you lie while Obama was lying was seen as just shocking.
Speaker 2: Now it's non.
Speaker 1: Stop, scream things constantly, and nobody even does anything.
Speaker 2: So here's a question for you.
Speaker 4: I've always enjoyed when the what's it called when the Prime Minister has to take questions from Parliament and he stands there getting yelled at. I've always loved watching and the back and forth in the.
Speaker 2: Heck and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't think this is better. I thought the old thing was better. But I heard the heckling and stuff during that clip, and I thought, yes, screw you, go get them Donald. It didn't bother me anymore. No, because it was non stop. It's lost its power very much. Anyway, back to oh the T word. Trump's obsession with tariffs for God's sake, next clip.
Speaker 5: One of the primary reasons for our country's studying economic turnaround, the biggest in history, where the Dow Jones broke fifty thousand, four years ahead of schedule, and the S and P hit seven thousand where it wasn't supposed to do it for many years, were tariffs. And then just four days ago, an unfortunate ruling from the United States Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: It just came down it came down very unfortunate ruling.
Speaker 5: But the good news is that almost all countries, these and corporations want to keep the deal that they already made, right Scott, knowing that the legal power that I, as president have to make a new deal could be far worse for them.
Speaker 2: And therefore they will continue to work.
Speaker 5: Along the same successful path that we had negotiated before the Supreme Court's unfortunate involvement.
Speaker 4: Saying the tariffs were one of the primary drivers of the turnamouent turnaround as ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It's laughable, but he's obsessed with it. What are you going to do?
Speaker 1: So I was watching the pregame and well, he also got the angle that a lot of the most prominent Democrats have been wanting tariffs forever. You're Bernies and Elizabeth Warrens in that crowd, they love tariffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're far lefties.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was watching some of the pregame on ABC, and when Trump walked in, the ere ladies and gentlemen, the King of the world, and everybody.
Speaker 2: Cheers and goes crazy like that.
Speaker 1: And then he walked by, and he walked by the Supreme Court justices and they said, oh, he shook hands with John Roberts, but obviously notably did not shake hands with Amy Knebrerett and Judge Kavanaugh. He didn't shake hands with any of them. He shook hands with the Chief Justice and walked. That's what he decided to do for what It wasn't a sign of anything, but they talked about that for minutes. He tried to pretend that was a notable thing. I did think it was.
Speaker 4: Notable, but not at all surprising that you know, broad smiles and laughs and chuckles and handshakes and backslaps. Then he got to John Roberts and it had a very Hello Newman look through it.
Speaker 2: Definitely, that's fine.
Speaker 4: They're pissed off at each other, that's great. Well, the Republic still stands.
Speaker 1: I gotta believe that some of those justices, the three that were called a disgrace to their families and on the tape from foreign countries. I mean, I'd be a little butt hurt about that. To use the parlance of high school people. Yeah, I would agree that was so wildly out of bounds. But I think they're at the point that it's like that's trump. Yeah, they just they don't want violence to be.
Speaker 4: Visited on them by the maniacs who would take all that seriously and believe it anyway. It was, it was okay in the republic stance. Let's kip ahead to one twenty two. This finally is the administration articulating something that God dang it. I wish they'd called me and said, hey, Joe, take half an hour and come up with some good messaging on this topic.
Speaker 2: It would have been easy. Go ahead, Michael.
Speaker 5: Under Biden and his corrupt partners in Congress and beyond. It reached a breaking point with the Green News scam, open borders for everyone. They poured in by the millions and millions from prisons, from mental institutions. They were murderers, eleven eight hundred and eighty eight murders.
Speaker 2: They came into our country. You allowed that to happen.
Speaker 5: And record setting inflation that costs the typical family thirty four thousand dollars in.
Speaker 2: Just a speck of time.
Speaker 5: Now, the same people in this chamber who voted for those disasters suddenly use the word affordability, a word they just used it to. Somebody gave it to them, knowing full well that they caused and created the increased prices that all of our citizens had to endoor.
Speaker 2: You caused that problem. You caused that problem.
Speaker 1: I don't know that was a good point. You passed the multi trillion dollar Inflation Reduction Act that everybody, including Larry Summer's former Secretary of the Treasurer under Obama, said, uh, that wasn't going to reduce inflation, was going to cause inflation.
Speaker 5: And it did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was a little rambling indirect, but at least they're making the case.
Speaker 1: Can we play just the first part of one thirty five, just for anybody that didn't hear it, Just that first part please, part's great too.
Speaker 2: You want the short version of the long version.
Speaker 1: I don't know whatever one thirty five b there, Michael.
Speaker 5: If you agree with this statement, then stand up and show your support.
Speaker 2: The first duty of.
Speaker 5: The American government is to protect American citizens, not illegal arians. In that shame, you should be ashamed of yourself not standing out.
Speaker 1: He should be ashamed of yourself, and he is right about that. You should be ashamed of yourself. And that went on for a minute. We edited it so you wouldn't listen to a minute of applause, but everybody in that building standing except for a single Democrat over the notion of you prioritize US citizens.
Speaker 4: Over illegal immigrants. You won't agree with that. Yeah, I think that came out wrong. All the Republicans standing in only one Democrat. All the other Democrats were set. I didn't know even I didn't even know one Democrat stood. Okay, maybe I misunderstood what you said, but anyway.
Speaker 1: He said it wrong. I say things wrong all the time. All the Democrats sat, all the Republicans stood, And what was so great.
Speaker 4: About how long the applause was is they just could stare at him and like them.
Speaker 2: Half at him.
Speaker 1: I can't even wrap my head around how you can in government the way he phrased it, I thought it was perfect. Is the federal government's primary job to prioritize American citizens over illegals. And you can't say yes to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, you can be all.
Speaker 1: Kinds of we need to have more government programs and they get free healthcare, all kinds of different stuff, but you can't prioritize the uticism over illegals. So you're going with the there are no such thing as a as an illegal or there's no such thing as a citizens is.
Speaker 4: That what you're going with pleasing the ten percent of Americans who agree with you.
Speaker 1: God, that's got to be a tiny group. But although I don't know, I wasn't around some of my hardcore Trump Peyton friends. Maybe them sitting down Just yeah, don't give in. The satisfaction was all you were hoping for. You don't need to. It doesn't mean they agree with that. It's just you can't possibly give in to him and do what he asks you to.
Speaker 4: Do, which brings us right back to James Lindsay's point that you brought us last segment about how corrosive and poisoning that is. I will not stand with my enemies, even if they're right, even if I agree with them.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a great It's obviously a stunt, but I thought it was a fantastic stunt, and that should be an every dang ad in the country right before the midterms. You want to vote for the party that doesn't think you're a higher priority than people who sneak across the border.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, no kidding, Absolutely brilliant. This was too. I love this one thirty seven. It's a totally different topic.
Speaker 5: The new content is mare of new York City.
Speaker 2: I think he's a nice guy.
Speaker 5: Actually speak to him alone the policy. But nice guy just said, they want people to shovel snow. They got hit hard, want them to shovel snow. But if you apply for that job, you need to show two original forms of IDA and a Social Security card. Yet they don't want identification for the greatest privilege of them all, voting in America. Now, it's no good, no good.
Speaker 1: That's true too. We talked about that the other day, and so nuts. You have to show multiple forms of identification to be allowed to shovel your neighbor's driveway in a snowstorm, but cannot demand ID for voting. Are you kidding me? You have to go to watch shaking my head and discuss fill them all kinds of forms and paperwork to be able to help shovel cars out when there's a giant snowstorm. That's New York. That's the warmth of collectivism.
Speaker 2: Good god.
Speaker 1: I want to play the very charming, I thought and entertaining hockey clip from Trump when we come back, among other things to talk about stay with us Armstrong.
Speaker 5: I think of it forty six shots on gold, And I asked him the one shot, the one where you put your stick in the back and it hit the neck of your stick, can bounce off you practice that or was that a little lucky?
Speaker 2: He refuse to answer that question.
Speaker 5: But I just want to tell you that the members of this great hockey squad will be very happy to hear based on their vote and my vote, and in this case, my vote was more important. That I will soon be presenting Connor with our highest civilian honor, which we will be given and which has been given to many athletes over the years.
Speaker 1: So when I say many, not too many, like twelve.
Speaker 5: It's called the highest civilian honor in our country, the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Speaker 2: He kept that goal free from pucks. That's what he did, miraculous.
Speaker 1: Give me a list of former Presidential Medal of Freedom winners and asks on me. Oh, I'm gonna ask Claude just because I'd like to know who's on that list, because you said earlier.
Speaker 2: This is the hockey goalie deserved that.
Speaker 6: But I think there's like I'm guessing Mohammad Ali might be on there. Yeah, and like Clint Eastwood and just are all kinds of different people. Then, you know, I thought that, Hey, do you practice that or was that a little luck? Hey didn't answer that, there's no way to practice that. How about the asking all the other members of the team, what do you think? And he said if anybody says no, I won't, I won't do it. But is everybody in agreement with giving the goalie this medal? And they were all, yeah, yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I didn't watch the State of the Union address. I haven't watched one in many, many, many years. I think they're mostly pointless and nobody will be discussing this at all going forward, except for maybe that whole the prioritize Americans over illegal thing, which definitely could have legs any who was listening to some of the punditry afterwards, and Trump, for his hated as he is by the mainstream media, got better reviews than usual. Here's Major Garrett on CBS News right after the speech last night.
Speaker 7: Major, you've seen a lot of these, I think more than any of us.
Speaker 8: What stood out to you, Well, look, before the speech, many Republicans said one of the priorities for the president was to make sure Americans after this speech had a sense. So the opposition party was off the rails was crazy, their terminology not mine.
Speaker 5: Many of the.
Speaker 8: Contrasts the President articulated tonight were to drive that message forward that not only do I disagree with the opposition party sitting before me Congress, but I disagree with him so strong and they with me so much that they can't even applaud basic common sense thing. And that line that you mentioned that he added to the speech, whether it was ad lived or not, the first obligation American citizens versus illegal aliens was meant to create a visual moment of perpetual contrasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was pretty successful.
Speaker 1: Here's David Axelrod, who was Obama's campaign manager first time around.
Speaker 7: I mean, and I think he did well from from their perspective, for the reasons that you say, John, And he used the gallery very skillfully to kind of simulate empathy, which is a thing that he's been lacking, and that that's sort of a surrogate for that. The question is he started off the speech by saying, we've gone this is the turnaround for the ages, and as you know, because you're traveling around the country, people don't think the direction is right.
Speaker 2: And I don't think this.
Speaker 7: Cured that so we'll see. But I don't think a lot of the people who needed to be persuaded probably were watching this speech.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's an excellent point. Is the ratings for the State of the Union addresses are high among the people who voted for the president and low among the people who didn't. Every time, like my parents wouldn't watch Joe Biden give the State of the Union address. Huh yeah, so you're preaching to the choir. So I guess you're trying to convince your own crowd that things are good. How about the few persuadables out there?
Speaker 2: Still, I have no idea. I don't know either.
Speaker 1: I'd be interested in the ratings, Like how many people watched the whole damn two hour thing. It's got to be practically nobody. Joe said earlier. It might be low double digits, like fifteen people in the whole country. We got one email, I said, it was fabulous. Really, we did get a couple of emails people watch the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Wow, good for you.
Speaker 1: I just hm, you.
Speaker 4: Don't have like another show or a hobby or anything. We're coming off as bad Americans. But that's take a hell of a lot of patient book, a Netflix series. You want to see another episode of something on the stove, Dog to walk.
Speaker 1: Walk with, your sweetheart, got a niche somewhere, nothing, nothing better, scratch my ribs, nothing you'd rather do. But Mark alpurn, one of my favorite pundits, thought it was Trump's best speech He's probably ever given. If you missed a segment of this show, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty