Speaker 1: Well, I invited you here, thought I made myself perfectly clear.
Speaker 2: But you're a guest in my home.
Speaker 1: You gotta come to me empty, and I said, no, guests, your presences presence enough.
Speaker 3: And I already had too much stuff, So how do you dare.
Speaker 4: To surbey me?
Speaker 2: Welcome to? I said, no gifts. I'm Bridger Wineger. We're here in the backyard. I'm starting to I'm really going to assume at this point that my co host will not be showing up. And that's fine. I'm in control. We're having an incredible time on the podcast already. If I hear a peep out of you, I'm gonna freak out. I'll shut down the podcast. So just be quiet. Let's get into it. I love today's guest. I really love him. It's Patrick McDonald, Hi Bridge, Eric Patrick. Welcome to.
Speaker 4: I said, no, thank you for having me. I'm thrilled.
Speaker 2: What's the most traumatic thing that's ever happened to you?
Speaker 4: The most traumatic thing?
Speaker 2: Don't answer that. I just like the idea of starting a podcast on that note, just.
Speaker 4: So let's go there.
Speaker 5: I feel like that is so many people's real way to start podcasts and interviews.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't imagine.
Speaker 5: I know, and I think that the guest response too is to dump and then to just feel empty for the rest of the and then you then you get into the frivolous. I think that's maybe a fun way to go.
Speaker 2: Would I would freeze up and I would probably just walk out. Yeah, I don't think that I'm capable. You would have to have me on the podcast for five hours, like in a sauna before you approach me with that question.
Speaker 5: The most dramatic thing I I, uh, this is a little traumatic. But I one time was dating somebody and that person said, let's tell each other the worst things we've ever done, genuinely, and.
Speaker 4: Was like, let's And I said, I.
Speaker 2: Know how far into the relationship this was three or four weeks. Oh no, that's simply not the time. That person is undercover. They are looking looking for information. There is terrible person. They're very bad at their.
Speaker 4: Job, terrible spy.
Speaker 5: That person thought that I was involved with the KGV or something truly, but it was a really and I literally said, no, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Going to do that.
Speaker 2: And then did they do theirs?
Speaker 5: They didn't know and I'm not interested. But now knowing we obviously are no longer together. Knowing that, I'm sure it wasn't something great, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, So you do think it could have been a really bad thing.
Speaker 5: It could have been bad, and I think this person maybe had some filter issues. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's a fascinating thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think I think trauma bonding is such a big way people start relationships.
Speaker 2: Now, well, I mean it's I think it's really a psychopath move. I really do think it is. It's like, I think it's part of the psychopath toolbox where you just immediately start sharing too much information to open up the other person. Yes, because they're like I guess I got to give, and then they're in control. They're in control the situation.
Speaker 4: And you're indebted to them because they have the secrets.
Speaker 2: Exactly. I gave somebody a ride home once, and this person did that and got so much information out of me. And this was before I knew it was part of the toolbox. Okay, but now that person's out there with so much information on me and let's be honest, some of my friends. But it's a very effective tool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ferson just has them at the ready.
Speaker 5: Yes, So that's why I make sure that all the stuff that I say is so purposefully bad and it ain't and stupid, so if it comes out, it's like okay, like.
Speaker 4: Cool, whatever, Fine, why are you telling me this news? I used to have that theory.
Speaker 5: Actually, I used to say was when I was younger, and this is maybe a junior psychopath move, but I would I would say, you know, if I talk shit about somebody else, I'd say something that was so rough that if you told that to that person's face, you would feel bad, trying to guard that from being spread by being so bad.
Speaker 4: And guess what that didn't work? Wow?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, people love that.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: You give me any information? I don't care how devastating it is. I'm you know, the texts are beginning as soon as I see that after I've left the information source. Let's get the news out there exactly. Let's start spreading it.
Speaker 4: Start spreading it, New York style, New York, New York style.
Speaker 2: I love a little bit of gossip. I love a little you know, just a little something something about people. It's tasty, It's very tasty. Now it's taste. A piece of information about you is I got a text about twenty minutes ago that you were going to be late to the podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you want to explain why. Yeah, and it's not a professional reason. It doesn't reflect well on you.
Speaker 5: I haven't told You've already reached out to my team, my managers.
Speaker 2: I've screamed at both of them, good luck to the rest of their roster. I'm getting on this podcast. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I blacklisted everybody else, all the custodians and mechanics that they read.
Speaker 4: I think. Okay, So here's the thing.
Speaker 5: I am late because I was buying a twelve foot skeleton from home Depot.
Speaker 4: I have been looking for the skeleton for three years.
Speaker 5: I found when in Pasadena today, about thirty minutes away from me.
Speaker 4: I drove to Pasadena to buy it.
Speaker 5: I had another obligation, which is why we pushed this for thirty minutes, and I got out early, so I said, in my free time, I'll go pick up the skeleton.
Speaker 4: The skeleton did not fit in my car. I had dads helping me. I was falling.
Speaker 5: I have dirt all over my black pants right now. I was falling all over the Home Depot parking lote. Different people were helping me. One dad was like, what is this is this? Uh, why is this so big? I was like, Oh, it's that one of those skeletons. He goes, oh you got kids. I didn't respond, not true, simply not very far from simply not true. But I was just laurel and hardying it all over the place with this this freaking skeleton.
Speaker 4: I was pushing it.
Speaker 5: I've broken parts in my car, rubbed the rubber off the sides of the car, and it's open right now, it's tied together with twine.
Speaker 2: You had to back into my drive I'm back.
Speaker 5: In your driveway because I'm scared my skeleton's gonna get stolen during this Is that?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: Very heavy? It's eighty five pounds.
Speaker 2: Eighty five for twelve foot Yeah, sure, she's looking great, She's looking really good. Twelve pounds. I finally reached my goalway.
Speaker 5: Finally wait, goal heights, I think. But the thing is, it's it's this skeleton. I don't even know if I want it anymore. But I started about two years ago actively trying. There are our Facebook groups, there are alerts. They re leased small amounts of this skeleton every now and then, and right now it's in season, right and I finally found one, and I had to get it, even though they're super scarce.
Speaker 4: It's the home Depot skeleton.
Speaker 5: It's a massive deal and once people put it up, you usually leave it up all year and you can buy other outfits for it. You can buy Santa Claus outfits for it. The guy that I bought it from just told me that he had a friend that dresses it up like Cupid for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Do you know who would love this? Oh, Turtle Creek Layton.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How is she doing her like Valentine's Skeleton and this sort of thing?
Speaker 4: Do you think she's been involved?
Speaker 2: I wonder if she's after one and she can't get her hands.
Speaker 5: I wonder she's going to get an exclusive partnership where she's going to become the skeleton.
Speaker 4: You can get a total exclusive skeleton. You can have her in your yard.
Speaker 2: For listeners who are not aware of this, is a someone who occasionally pops up on the podcast. She's from Dallas. She's more of a she's living it up in a way that should be illegal, just having the time of her life, decorating her home constantly.
Speaker 4: It's yards away from where George Bush lives.
Speaker 5: I believe it I think she lives in like Preston Hollow area because I've looked at her up before.
Speaker 2: Wow, junior or wait junior Junior. Yeah, I think it would be. At this point, I'm.
Speaker 5: Not describing George Bush's grave.
Speaker 2: That's why it's part of her training to become these giants exactly. Yeah, I'm moving in next to a grave.
Speaker 4: But yeah, who knows. I mean, you've you've seen my house.
Speaker 2: I live in a guest house, right, so you've the house that you live at has a big backyard, yeah, that you kind of can claim as your own. Yeah, and so you've got plenty of room. I have room.
Speaker 5: I haven't cleared it with like the person who owns the front house that I'm gonna have a twelve foot skeleton back.
Speaker 2: Then, I wonder how she'll feel.
Speaker 5: I think she'll be okay with it. If she isn't, then we can have a discussion. But it's not going anywhere she could move it. Look, it's already happened. I've already wrecked my car. It's already the blue book value has gone down because of this skeleton.
Speaker 2: Tell me how much one of these skeletons costs.
Speaker 4: So that I'm gonna be honest with the skeleton is three hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Yeah, yeah, it's But the thing is in the retail world, they have been spiking this up and so you can buy it online for about nine hundred.
Speaker 4: To one thousand lectures item.
Speaker 5: It's a collector's item. So if you buy it on the market retail, that is the steel. Otherwise I have been very close to buying like a seven hundred and fifty dollars skeleton. This is the wrong priorities, and I fully understand that.
Speaker 4: I think there have to be some of.
Speaker 5: Your listeners who are a twelve foot skeleton crew, and I like for you to rise up and defend me.
Speaker 4: It's just very difficult.
Speaker 5: I'm very proud, but I'm telling you I was on the ground.
Speaker 4: I fell on the ground trying to push it in.
Speaker 2: Does it fit onto? Like, it's not in a shopping cart? Obviously, it's one of those.
Speaker 4: Flat bed the kind of dolly, the.
Speaker 2: Thing I was throwing sandbags on earlier this year in a panic.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, during the snuffs during the floods, classic flooding situation. So but you push it out into the parking lot, Yeah, did you do self check out.
Speaker 5: By the way, I did, uh customer service, I did like internet purchase.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I reserved it.
Speaker 2: You had to.
Speaker 5: There were only six left when I got it. Wow, which, to be honest, is a lot. And I actually spiraled because I said, oh, is it in demand?
Speaker 4: Now? Does that mean it's sound as cool? Oh? And thought about it. I was like, oh, is everyone going to have one?
Speaker 5: So now I'm just gonna everyone's gonna be putting their skeletons of the same day.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked there aren't more. I mean, it's just plastic, right.
Speaker 4: I think there's some metal rods.
Speaker 2: It's a whalebone.
Speaker 5: It's whalebone alone, very human bone.
Speaker 2: This thing is created by poachers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it has it has eyes that light up the mound.
Speaker 2: They move around. I've never seen I don't think I've ever seen one in person, or I guess on foot. Maybe I've driven pass or ye, driven past one that's not on foot.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why they're sparse.
Speaker 5: I do think I'm gonna put it in the little wooded area because there's a fence on the other side of the fence.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put it. Maybe leaning over the fence.
Speaker 2: May I suggest, Yeah, what do you think the gazebo.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's kind of an old, overgrown gazebo in the corner.
Speaker 4: That feels like a good idea.
Speaker 2: Can it sit down?
Speaker 4: I think it can.
Speaker 2: To have that thing with its arm kind of casually sitting out of the gazebo. There's I'll tell you what. No matter how many of those events sold, none of them is currently in a gazebo.
Speaker 4: That's correct.
Speaker 2: I mean you're missing out. I mean can you fit it through the gazebo door? That's the big question.
Speaker 4: I think, so, I think I have to build it inside the gazebo.
Speaker 5: The gazebo has gone a little crazy, Like there's a gazebo on my property and it's gotten really overgrown.
Speaker 2: What's happening in there?
Speaker 4: There's just a lot of.
Speaker 5: Weeds growing up around there. It's it's it's getting a little shody over there. It's getting kind of kind of wild.
Speaker 2: Are there any animals currently in there?
Speaker 5: No, not in the gazebo. But I did see a gray fox in my idea to day you.
Speaker 2: Saw a fox?
Speaker 4: Fox?
Speaker 2: Is a gray fox? Actually gray? Or is that just the name?
Speaker 4: Yes? Gray on the jacket like on the on the on the shoulders, and.
Speaker 2: That little orange everywhere else.
Speaker 4: I think so on the on the head, there's a little bit of a.
Speaker 2: Grit, so it's like a silver fox, like a silver fox, kind of a daddy fox, daddy fox.
Speaker 4: There's a daddy fox in my arm. He wants to take me to Balm Spring.
Speaker 2: I'm not leaving. I'll help you put up the skeleton, whatever it takes. Just go a weekend, overnight.
Speaker 5: Please please, he's only shaking one of those martini shakers.
Speaker 4: It's too much.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm very excited for you. I'll have to come by and see the skeleton at some point. Yes, you would love to stand next to it and just like to feel what it feels like next to a twelve foot being.
Speaker 5: I know I'm thinking about that too, because I'm six foot two, which is twice my size, and I can't kind of grasp how big twelve.
Speaker 4: Feet is, right, which makes you feel so stupid. I feel like I should twelve feet.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I feel like even when you meet someone who's seven feet tall, there's no preparing you for that feeling where it's just like, no, this is not something I see.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm I definitely have tall privilege, right, and because I'm a little taller, so when I meet someone that's like six five or six six, that is jarring. And I'm even to you, even to me, and then I get to look up. But something that I don't think tall people talk about a lot. What's difficult is everyone that looks up at me is getting kind of my my chin.
Speaker 2: Worst angle, you know, the time, all the time, they're getting what you should not do for a self.
Speaker 5: Exactly, You're getting the worst angle. Like as a photographer, people would say, we got to move, but you're getting it all the time. You're getting my chin, You're getting my little double chin, You're getting my little bubble down there, you know, And it's frustrating.
Speaker 2: Bubble. There's no bubble, I mean, and if you have a bubble yourself, that's fine, but I'm just gonna say, there's no bubble. There's not like a bullfrog bubble.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it feels like that. Sometimes feels like a bit of a bullfrog.
Speaker 2: I've never thought about that. That's very Meanwhile, everybody's getting but you also don't want to shoot down.
Speaker 4: You don't want to shoot down. I also in on zooms and stuff.
Speaker 5: I am told that when I meet somebody on zoom and then I meet them in person, I look shorter on zoom and they think I'm a short person.
Speaker 4: And then we meet and they go, oh, you're really tall. You look short on zoom.
Speaker 2: I was just talking to somebody that was telling me they thought I was tall. And it's absolutely the first time in history that anyone has even thought about that in regards to me.
Speaker 4: I can't see you being tall, I will say.
Speaker 2: That you could see me being a tall energy.
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 5: But but here's what I'm going to say. And I don't want to take I don't want you to take offense to this. I think if you were tall, you would be gaunt.
Speaker 2: I think that that would be Yeah, this complexion should not be tall.
Speaker 5: I think it would be a little haunted manship it becomes scary, it becomes looming constantly coming out of the shadows. Yes, yeah, yeah, I think so, I think so, And so I think I think your height suits.
Speaker 4: You very well.
Speaker 2: Right, it's good to hear.
Speaker 4: And the word is in you don't have to worry about the city wore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't.
Speaker 5: And I don't want to take offense and I don't want any of your listeners to, you know, to come after you, come after me. I've already already come out after him trauma to talk about my skeleton. And then I'm called you, Garne. This is not the way I wanted to introduce myself.
Speaker 2: This is not how you should have entered the world stage. And this is the world stage.
Speaker 4: The world stage.
Speaker 2: This is sort of you know, we're talking uns level. Every nation hearing your voice right now.
Speaker 5: Wow, everyone has those little translators, the translator. I love those little translators.
Speaker 2: I love watching the translator during a U N or whatever. It's fascinating things. I just heard a loud scream rest in peace.
Speaker 4: This is a spooky episode.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we're octoberish, aren't we? On a least octoberish?
Speaker 4: A lot of.
Speaker 5: Spooky season came early this year, and and and October stuff like pumpkin spice came like September first this year.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Yeah, I feel like everyone's ready for spooky season as soon as possible.
Speaker 4: Think we needed a treat and we needed a distraction.
Speaker 2: Right and August went by in a flash. Yeah, we loved how quickly August. Everyone agrees it went by in a flash. Absolutely, yeah, yeah, yeah, And then of course we get into these fall flavors, and in Los Angeles none of it makes any sense, which is fine where we deal with that, but I imagine in other climates September first, the school bell is ringing, whatever other things happen in the fall are happening start to click in for people, so it makes sense. Yeah, they're warming up with their little warm drink.
Speaker 4: They're doing something, they need something to be warm about.
Speaker 2: And meanwhile the rest of us are like, we're going to have a blackout because everyone's air conditioning is on at full speed, and how will I make it through the night exactly, And that's the next six weeks for us. Yeah, that's it up until basically Thanksgiving. Probably October is so hot in La Hot Hot. I saw someone in La recently say goodbye summer and say, no, no, you're performing. That's a performance. Summer's not over, just beginning.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Where were they saying it? Just like they were?
Speaker 2: They were someone on Instagram just like so maybe they were on the world stage. They have their own little platform.
Speaker 5: Goodbye summer shouting into a tree.
Speaker 2: Obviously, everything you've done until right now has been a massive distraction trying to get my uh my head off of what's really happening on the podcast. The podcast is called I said no gifts. Patrick, You and I have known each other for a long time, probably probably over a decade at this point.
Speaker 4: It has been over a decade, maybe twelve years.
Speaker 2: Should we sit here and try to figure it out for the listener, get down to brass.
Speaker 4: Tests, get down to brass tax I think it might have been. I think it's eleven years. Eleven eleven years, like this month.
Speaker 2: Okay, speak, I'm thinking, okay, So it's been a long time. I have until this point been like, I trust Patrick. I'll tell other people about him. Great guy, nothing to worry about podcasts. As I said seconds ago, I said no gifts. So we had the whole kerfuffle with your skeleton that was a nightmare for me. Then you were asking to pack into my driveway, separate nightmare for me. And now here we are, we're just going to approach the third nightmare, which is you obviously brought a gift in a bag, a nondescript bag with no other details. Yeah, absolutely, obviously a gift for me. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Well, I to be honest, would feel like a fool, empty handed, and I thought it would be nice to bring you this thing, and to be honest, these are these are several things in here, and they're atle handcrafted helpful, and I made them myself interesting and I got into quite a tear making these things. And so I don't want to say that it is fully selfless.
Speaker 4: I don't think. I do think these would be really helpful.
Speaker 5: For you in general to have, But I also think that I guess maybe there's a little bit of show off, maybe being like this is a skill that.
Speaker 4: I now have.
Speaker 2: A little braggadocia, a.
Speaker 5: Little bregadocia, a little a little you know, I love a personalized gifts. That's the way I worked really hard at making something that or giving something that feels like it really.
Speaker 4: Came from me, not that I picked it from a store.
Speaker 2: And then if the gift is bad, the person still can't say.
Speaker 4: Anything exactly and they can't return it.
Speaker 2: They can't return.
Speaker 4: Because it has no value.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, well should I open it here on the podcast?
Speaker 4: You can't open it? Please do?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna pull there's a thin item, going to guess which every one of these is. But this feels it's probably a trading card thickness and but a little bent on the edge, so it almost feels like it's broken off of the sight of a car or something. Let's see what's happening.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, So it's a little I would say, almost a decoration, like something you could place on a shelf or above the toilet.
Speaker 2: Tour hang from your rear view mirror. It's clear, like a what is this? It's not translucent? Thank you? And you've colored it in with some yellow and blue and greens, and it says why is drama so delicious?
Speaker 5: So let me tell you what the theme is right away. I've gotten into shrinky dinks recently.
Speaker 2: Wait, what is this?
Speaker 4: Do you don't know what shrinky inks are?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Kids do them draw on.
Speaker 5: Like basically paper with watercolored pencil and you put them in the oven and it shrinks them down.
Speaker 4: Oh so I made a lot.
Speaker 5: Of shrink eating art for you today, some of it relating to the podcast, some of it relating to you. I thought why is drama so Delicious? Would be a fun phrase. I also want to reiterate. Unfortunately, when you make shrinkat ink art. You have to write everything backwards, so a lot of that is I did the question mark backwards, the age backwards accidentally. I tried my hardest. Everything I spelled. You have to remember I wrote backwards.
Speaker 2: For the most part. You did an excellent job. I would have never guessed it was close. And the initial H is backwards, but you're so into reading the other words you forget it.
Speaker 4: It's drama, so big.
Speaker 2: Drama is huge. Delicious is in cursive absolutely okay. So shrinky dink shrinky dinks? Do you buy like a kit?
Speaker 4: You buy a kit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I buy a kit and it comes with giant lamonade piece of paper, okay. And then you have watercolor pencils and you give stencils right, and you can free hand or you can do something else.
Speaker 2: Then you preheat the oven to what temperare three twenty five and then you just place it like on the on a cookie sheet. I want a cookie sheet for not ruining ovens.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, not ruining ovens for like one to five minutes fast, and you watch them shrink really fast.
Speaker 2: How big are they?
Speaker 4: Initially they're like a regular sheet of paper, like eight and a half by eleven, or however that.
Speaker 2: This was eight and a half by eleven and.
Speaker 4: That was big, and now it's the quarter of the size.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listener, if you're as ignorant as I am, the shrinky dink is very small at this point. Yes, it's probably the size of a mirror you would pull from your purse.
Speaker 5: Yes it is. It's basically a purse mirror. Yeah, exactly, and I think everyone knows that measurement.
Speaker 2: Carry that in my purse.
Speaker 4: Your mirrors full of persons.
Speaker 2: I'm just rooting through my bag pulling that out in front of a cashier. Where's my wallet?
Speaker 4: Oh there, I am, there's the money.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I love this. Why is drama so delicious?
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I for me? Why is drama so delicious? It's because my life is so unbelievably dull. I love when somebody brings a man into my situation that I get to observe from afar.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've both brought drama into each other's lives that somebody else's and it's always a great feeling. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've we've had some lunches together where we sit down and we we we eat as much food as we eat drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels very nice. And it's a release. Yeah, it is a release, and it's uh, you know, that's why I read tabloids exactly. Okay, let me get back into the book.
Speaker 4: Okay. What I think you should maybe do is pour all of those out onto you think sort of base. Well you can or you can put on.
Speaker 2: I found a very small one. Okay, let's see what this was one? Oh, very cute. It's a little pig.
Speaker 5: In a one piece and that's a stencil kind of a unitar Yeah, that's a pig at a one piece. So that's for you. And and again handmade. That's the stens of the stencil.
Speaker 4: Was there?
Speaker 2: But it pink and green?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the color of pink and green.
Speaker 2: Okay, but this isn't like this has nothing to do with Pepa Pig no X brand.
Speaker 4: It is not related to Peppa Pig at all.
Speaker 5: And there is a little hole on the top if you want to make it a key chain or some sort of in your necklace.
Speaker 2: Maybe do you have any keychain stuff? What's on your keychain?
Speaker 5: We have this Texas keychain for this musician Charlie Crockett.
Speaker 2: Is that also a bottle opener.
Speaker 5: This is a bottle opener too. It was very conditioned in the shape of Texas and it has CC on it.
Speaker 4: For Charlie Crockett.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I have anything currently on my keychain other than like my library card I read, Yeah, I read a Ralph's card, Save my Big Savings, and then a third rock climbing gym.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, which we've done to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so then you bailed.
Speaker 5: And well I bailed, but also let's talk about it. We got the top road certification. We both went together. We were going for a while. We got certified to help each other do the top roping. And during the test, I accidentally let you fall a little bit and you've never.
Speaker 2: Let you live in is carefully chosen word. We don't know what was actually happening.
Speaker 5: A fifteen year old girl that was that was supervising us, that was going to give us a certification, was talking to me about something, and you jumped because because there's the whole thing where you're supposed to surprise me with a jump.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's a weird surprised the jump while she was talking, Oh wow, I forgot about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you were in free fall and you freaked out.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of a master of surprise, you are. I shocked you in a way that almost ended my life.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly, and pan oh man, would that event on my hands? I?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We were all climbed together for a while, and we usually do bouldering, which is without the ropes. We both passed the test with the top roping where you're pulling each other up and down the wall, and then never tried it again on it now, I don't know any of the things.
Speaker 4: No, I don't remember any of them at all.
Speaker 2: So I would have to retrain.
Speaker 4: There's all the stuff you have to repeat to each other and see.
Speaker 2: There's like it's almost like a trust exercise, which gets a little uncomfortable. Yeah, there's a lot of like looking into each other's eyes and saying I did this.
Speaker 4: Did you feel very bonding? It felt very like we are in this together.
Speaker 2: Right. If you immediately broke my trust, it's hard to live. I'm still going to the rock climbing gym. I don't give up, Okay, I you know I choose to do something and I follow through.
Speaker 4: Sure, I'm going to let that pass as a slight I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's what you meant it as it felt like I could event but I'm going to choose just to let it go right by because there are many things that I commit to, and some people call me the most committed in many ways, many capacities.
Speaker 4: Biking is one that I do.
Speaker 2: I'm just, you know, personal experience from my little keyhole into your life. Sure, I've seen you give up immediately.
Speaker 4: Okay, immediately, Okay.
Speaker 5: I want to remind you that I've been rock climbing on an off since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 4: So as much as like Gwen, I do restart, well.
Speaker 2: I'm still having a good time there. But I will say anytime there are children present, my enjoyment it drops by probably forty percent.
Speaker 4: And that's the question.
Speaker 5: How can you take control and let kids know not to mess with you without violating any sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Right, without being like the mean adults with water that they have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't be the kind of grumpy guy.
Speaker 2: I would embrace witch character, the witch at the rock Climbing.
Speaker 4: The rock climbing Witch.
Speaker 2: That's a children's book. It's about and it's based on you. It's about a witch that starts rock climbing, and then she decides to give up, and then she has to learn to commit to make it to the top of the cliff to get.
Speaker 5: To her Who knew that witches still need to learn lessons after all they've lived.
Speaker 2: I'm going to write that book. She leaves her broom at the top of the cliff and has to climb back up. That's really good, interesting.
Speaker 4: Story, very interesting, and the moral is never give.
Speaker 2: Up, never give up, never give up. Okay, so I'm still rock climbing. I'm doing all these great things. Let's get back into the bag. Okay, Okay, this is a bigger one. Oh and I should say the pig was very tiny. Pig is smaller, little pig. And I'm pulling out another thing. This says, Oh, this is very nice.
Speaker 4: I made you a personalized placard.
Speaker 2: It says I said no gifts with Bridger Weineger. And almost every letter is headed the right direction outside of the final g in my name h on the wid Oh so this may be thrown away, yeah astroid, Yeah, not perfect, thrown into the ocean.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, oh yeah, this is good.
Speaker 2: That's where I take all my plastics.
Speaker 4: This is great, Yeah, they're gonna love this.
Speaker 2: Or I'll take it to one of those greats that says no dumping with the dolphin on it. And I said, well, I'm the exception to the rule.
Speaker 4: Here's my garbage, all goes into the ocean. You're just going to push all this plastic into a So.
Speaker 2: This is very sweet. I have a couple of shelves in my office where I've been collecting all my gifts and this can go right up there, perfect to kind of I've always felt like, should there a burglar come into that, they'll see all this kind of just these items I have no relation to each other, and they'll be baffled. Yes, And I want to think about the burglar in this moment than what if they saw this and they're a listener to the podcast and then it clicks for that.
Speaker 5: And they'll be like, wow, if they're the listener that what if they're listening to you while they're burgling?
Speaker 2: What right thing to do while you're burgling? Put in your air pods or other brand? I don't care. And then you're getting into somebody's home. You're a cat burglar. You need something, you're bored, you're alone, you're in your black unitard and you're listening to me and Patrick, that's a great thing. That's a great tip for a.
Speaker 4: Burglar, such a stressful job.
Speaker 2: I actually think, and I want to hear your your response to this, but I think if I were to become a career criminal, cat burglar, I mean, no question, that's what I am.
Speaker 4: Career criminal.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, what would you be?
Speaker 4: Cat burglar? As in stealing little things here and there?
Speaker 2: No, as in, like you know, I'm in the full suit, head to toe, black sleek, I'm frequently on all fours, crawling around, very stealthy, agile like dropping from the ceiling frequently, like in a museum, m stealing the most rare jewel. That would be number one for me.
Speaker 4: That sounds fun.
Speaker 5: I would probably get into money laundering because you could, you could build some wild business. There was there was a business in Boston. I went to school in Boston, and there's a business in the North End that I used to walk by all the time. It was just called what do you need? And it said like dog sitting.
Speaker 4: Babysitting, clients repair.
Speaker 5: It was a guy I think that bought a store front and just said, what do you need and you would walk in and you'd say, what I need to work on cyber I need like someone to work them on my computer, and I'll do that.
Speaker 2: This is kind of the original version of like a task grab what was that fiver or whatever just pay people to do.
Speaker 4: But he just was a man that sat in a store.
Speaker 2: Did you ever have him do something for? No?
Speaker 5: But I used to walk by all the time, and I looked it up the other day and and unfortunately, I think task grab it did shut what do you need down?
Speaker 4: Oh boy? Because he's probably got a lot on his plate, right, and he probably can't compete.
Speaker 2: With brick and mortar.
Speaker 4: Brick and mortar, but something like that or.
Speaker 5: Something really fun, like some weird store that sells very specific trinkets or something like that. And then all day you sit around and kind of just kind of fuck around, or you sit in the front and you just smoke a cigarette with your friends, and then you say, you're a store that sounds kind of fun.
Speaker 2: That does sound nice. You get to pick the music that's coming over the speakers, you get to kind of design the store, You get to respond to Yelp reviews like I'm sorry that your experience wasn't great. I dm to you, let's take care of this, that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: And you're never going to get fired unless your bosses get arrested, right right, So, so because they don't care how the business is going.
Speaker 4: So it's the perfect situation. You can do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Oh so, in this situation, you're not the head of the criminal enterprise. No, you're being used.
Speaker 4: I'm being used. But I still think it's criminal.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean it is criminal. You've agreed to do this. Yeah, but I was just assuming that you had some illicit business that you were then washing through your jewelry.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just washing. I'm just washing. I think that's all I would want to do.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't want to do any sort of illicit business where I'm moving money around, right, stealing things.
Speaker 2: But I think I could be a good face for something interesting. Okay, I think that's an nice business. And Nope, not that many people get hurt, No, not really, except for all of the people that were defrauded by your boss exactly.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, so was I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you are a victim here. You can be counted among the other victims.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to be a victim.
Speaker 5: Happy to be a purp until I become a victim.
Speaker 4: I'm curady to go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's reach into the bag again.
Speaker 4: I don't think you understand how many things are.
Speaker 2: I don't care. This podcast can be nine hours. Okay, let's do the boss.
Speaker 4: Let's buckle up.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see this is I'll see you in court crossed out. Then it says i'll see you in shorts.
Speaker 4: That's a fun phrase. I think I came up with that and as I was drawing it.
Speaker 2: That's a great That is a great decoration. That's a fun thing that could be on any pillow.
Speaker 4: I can see it being on a kitchen, in the kitchen, on a pillow. I'll see you in shorts is kind of a fun it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of sexual harassment.
Speaker 5: You're like, what's the what's the situation where instead of saying I'll see you in court, you're.
Speaker 2: Saying it's almost more of a threat.
Speaker 4: Seen someone in shorts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like when are like, you're going to be spying on me or you're going to force me into them? How are you going to get me into the.
Speaker 5: Shop instead of suing you, I'm taking you on vacation as kind of another way you can think of it.
Speaker 2: That's a funny thing to something to do to somebody who's wronged you. They're like Patrick's coming for me. I know he's hiring a lawyer, and then you take them on vacation instick exactly.
Speaker 4: And that's very unnerving.
Speaker 2: Because I think you're going to kill them on like out on to put off the cruise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. I think that have you ever done that? Where?
Speaker 5: And that is that is a reaction, not that exact thing, but that's a reaction I have sometimes where I go, this person has been so awful to me, I'm going to be so unbelievably nice to them for so long, and I just really feel like it's revenge.
Speaker 2: I try to do that, and unfortunately my hatred is always so large that it does not allow the energy to be kind.
Speaker 5: I get very jealous of people that can be chill with their hatred, that can quietly hate someone, because I'm somebody that's like this will not stand.
Speaker 2: But see, I like, if I tried. I'm also so unbelievably fragile that when they're horrible to me, while I'm doing this fake nice thing. I'm crying. I'm immediately crying, tears in my eyes, my voice is cracking. I'm like, oh, they win again.
Speaker 4: It's too hard. So I guess you. I guess you'll just see them in court.
Speaker 2: Short, I need an attorney to as the middleman. Okay, we're reaching Taylor. I had the shorts made for you. They fit your thighs perfectly. Yeah, exactly, Okay, reaching back in. Now, this actually feels like a keychain. Let's see.
Speaker 5: Oh this is Bridger, Fridger, I made you a personalized keychain.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this has to go on my keys, and it has a little I would say this is either a worm crawling across a baguette or like a red rock in the desert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those are great choices. I was going for spaghetti, but I didn't have whites.
Speaker 5: I couldn't make a plate, so it's just a loose pile of spaghetti with meat balls and sauce.
Speaker 2: I see it now, I do see it now. But what a nice uh worship test of Yeah, exactly, certainly, we know exactly what I'm thinking. Exactly, gross thoughts I'm having.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought you could, and I think there's another key chain in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna you're like, yeah, this came with a whole set another keychain.
Speaker 4: Oh here it is.
Speaker 2: Oh this is bad boys, So I don't even need the bridge. Everyone knows who this.
Speaker 5: Is a bad boy. And I actually did screw this up. I put the hole on the bottom instead of the top.
Speaker 2: Well that's a bad boy, moved.
Speaker 5: And putting it on right was maybe the best one I did, because it's got to think in a blue vibe. The bees are just sensational and I just think it's really fun.
Speaker 2: There's a nasty energy here that nobody can deny. Exactly planning that to a valet and they're like, oh yeah, yeah, this guy.
Speaker 5: Do not trying to emulate those kind of rancid stickers you could get for fifty cents that will come out in those little sleeves. I don't I'm familiar like at skadiums or whatever, like roller Ring.
Speaker 2: You're seeing a lot of words though I don't understand. I mean, I obviously know what a skadium is, but I've never heard that before.
Speaker 5: There's those things that are like like I think maybe there's a place in Arlington, tex where I'm from that's just called the Skadium.
Speaker 4: Skadium, the Arlington Stadium.
Speaker 2: We had classic skating, classic skating, that's all.
Speaker 5: Maybe a roller away, yeah yeah, I think maybe the Skadium is branded. Maybe please don't come after me Skadium if you can, if you've mobilized. But I but you see those, you know, it's just like the weird garbage pale kids.
Speaker 2: Oh right. Or there's like kind of like a like an angel that's in some risk clothing.
Speaker 4: Totally always a tweetybird in a hoodie or something.
Speaker 2: I love her, yeah, yeah, love, Oh.
Speaker 4: You love tweety bird. That's interesting. Keep digging.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Okay, go back into this. Okay, I'm there. I feel like there are two things, and there are actually quite a few things. Ok I'm gonna pull one out, and I know this is I said no gifts again. It's a little banner. This is almost like a miniature thing that could go on a train set. Oh yeah, perfect little flag or what it is a again, is a piece of merch essentially keychain.
Speaker 4: And you can sell this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna sell this.
Speaker 5: I figured you could sell if this is any of the stuff you could Yeah. I thought I'd come on and just build you some merch.
Speaker 2: That's very cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 2: I'm going to force somebody else to put that on their keychain as advertising.
Speaker 4: Well that's a good idea. Someone who really owes you something. Yeah, screwed up big time.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'm pulling out. Oh no, this isn't even smaller keychain that says crushable with a small happy face on. How many keychains do you think? I, well, you have a lot more.
Speaker 4: Now I think this one is.
Speaker 5: You know, I got into a tear of writing little phrases, So there's a lot of tiny phrases in here that you can ascribe to or not ascribe to, and you canme in assign these other people.
Speaker 2: This is perfect for when Jim leaves me perfect I like, I have to take everything else else off my keychain. I put this on as kind of a pathetic attempt to get somebody else to look at.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be like the black smoke of Bridger being single. It's gonna be like the coming from the from the chimney. Everyone notices the tidy crush of lite keychain on your It's.
Speaker 2: So small that whoever notices it has to really be observing me. Exactly, and they'll realize how this person's desperate.
Speaker 4: You're catching them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got to catch Okay, now we're reaching back in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went I went hogwild. I'll tell you how easy it is to make shrinkydinks. You just kind of keep.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I think this maybe this is a bird, yeah, with a little yellow bird with big eyes and you know an orange beak. Is this tweetybird?
Speaker 4: If you're gonna believe it.
Speaker 5: I drew that tweetybird completely from memory and without a sensil. So there was a period of time where I just kind of started drawing what I would imagine things would be for you. I said, I think he's gonna want some sort of version of a tweety bird.
Speaker 2: Well, you know something that I used to do a lot was create on demand Valentines for people, and I'd say, what's your favorite cartoon or video game character? And then within seconds this is I'm very good at it. I've created a drawing of your favorite cartoon or video game character with a Valentine's phrase related to the character. No way, maybe I'll do that for you during the Now that's a little involved doesn't want that, so this is kind of related to that.
Speaker 5: That's kind of related. Did you have a cartoon character that was your calling card? I feel like every kid had a cartoon character they could draw.
Speaker 2: Really Tasmanian devil, No way, he's my favorite. He's pretty easy to draw. Okay, his eyes are one thing, so you don't have to do two eyes, and then the noses right there in the middle. And he's kind of just a chicken drum top.
Speaker 4: Everyone describes him as that.
Speaker 2: And when I was in about fourth grade, it was kind of the peak of before it was an ironic thing to do wear Looney Tuned shirts where they're in various street where totally jerseys, and they were like flashing gang signs or what have you.
Speaker 5: Luney Tunes just really had kind of a public domain moment where it was like the University of Nevada had bugs, bunnies lighting a cigarettell everywhere.
Speaker 2: What was yours?
Speaker 5: I knew how to draw? I think it was this dragon. I didn't I didn't know how to draw any specific characters. Oh, but it was this dragon that I learned from some sort of art book.
Speaker 4: Oh, how boring.
Speaker 5: It was very boring, and I and I remembered I had a very specific way of drawing children and people, and their eyes.
Speaker 4: Were so big and they looked like boobs looking back at it. I made the eyes so big.
Speaker 2: Eyes almost always looked like boobs when you first start start drawing. And that's why you have to get to the rest of the face features quickly, yes, because otherwise if somebody observes you, let's say you're drawing in class or like pervert, but they could get a nose in their mouth or like oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's unfair that people jump to that conclusion. It is unfair.
Speaker 4: I will say to counter that.
Speaker 5: When I was in oh Man, I must have been in maybe kindergarten or first grade. My mom was a teacher at a kind of an inner city school in Fort Worth. It was only six graders, and I went with her to class and I was, for some reason, sitting in the back of the class. She was just letting us kind of walk around class, which is for a twelve year old probably was a little much. But this kid was like, look at this, and he had drawn like a naked woman's boobs and and and vagina entire anatomy and in her entire anatomy. No had no arms. Oh okay, so no nothing below the need not for to women. And I said, and I told him that, I said, hold on a minute.
Speaker 2: Sir, this is not a feminist message.
Speaker 4: I said, this is not feminist. I told him I was. I was, I was six, and I said, this is I cannot stand for this.
Speaker 2: What was your actual reaction?
Speaker 4: I remember being like, what is that?
Speaker 5: Kind of being like what you know? And then and then we just kind of moved on. But just thinking about a twelve year old drawing a naked woman for a six year old, you know what's going on in all.
Speaker 2: Of that circle of life. I feel like that's exactly what needs to be happening. I'm trying to wonder if, like who the like pervert boy was for me, like showing me all those things. And I can't really recall. I mean, I think within Mormonism that always everybody's very on alert about showing that kind of thing publicly. So I don't remember there ever being like an older boy being like, look at this. I do remember being in a tent at boy Scout camp and every other one of the boys was talking about their basically their sexual fantasies. We were like in seventh grade and I'm sitting there gay, have no interest in women whatsoever, silent After the camping trip, my dad was there. I'm the one who gets it firm talking to Really, I'm the one who gets in trouble. I didn't say a peep. Meanwhile, Sam, is you know, perving it up? So I guess that's kind of my whole thing. So I was out of it for a while.
Speaker 5: Did you ever have that experiences where people were like looking at nude magazines together? Because I'm gonna be honest, I was never quite involved with that. I think I was at some sort of maybe middle school or high school party where like we turned on Skinemax right right, just kind of sitting around watching it. But I always was like, and because I'm like, you know, a little quiet queer boy too, being like, am am I supposed to like have an erection right now?
Speaker 4: Is it important for me? Will they notice? Well? Do we all have the performativeness of this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How do I need to engage in this to make sure that I'm right there with everybody?
Speaker 2: This did? Like my friend group began like in late elementary beginning middle school, Like we're watching late night cable yeah, and I it allowed me because I naturally had no interest in it whatsoever. But like that didn't click for me that it was just who I was. It allowed me, And this probably just speaks volumes about who I am. I kind of just felt like I was taking the high road. It's like he's making the right choice. Yeah, but it's because it was the easiest thing in the world for me to be, like, oh, I don't want to see naked women on.
Speaker 4: Cable exactly moral. No, I won't be doing that. Sorry, guys, I like respecting a woman.
Speaker 2: I'm going to heaven.
Speaker 4: You guys have fun with cable. I'm going to heaven. I hope this feels good for now. It's going to burn it.
Speaker 2: It's going to be very hot in a little while, especially if you die hardly like a playground incident.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you are toast, bunny, You are toast.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's reach back into the bag.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think we're uh two left?
Speaker 4: I think there's more than two.
Speaker 2: Oh you're kidding, Okay, I mean I'm going to take out two at this point. One's a bunny. Is this supposed to be bugs?
Speaker 4: That's supposed to be bugs?
Speaker 2: I love Bugs. Bunny Bugs is great. I love when he dresses up as a lady.
Speaker 4: He's great.
Speaker 2: He's very funny, he's fantastic, he's he does it all. He's rascal. Yeah, and then I I did. I'm now this is triggering a memory. I had a crush on pepe Le Pew, who has been canceled because he was kind of a rape figure. That's true. I think I think they're like, let's get this guy.
Speaker 4: I know he's canceled.
Speaker 2: A crush, a crush on him. He's maybe like kindergartener first grade because he was so he was like a handsome guy who was so sexual. He was after all the ladies. He was very cute.
Speaker 4: He was very confident too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, I had forgotten about that completely.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's crazy interesting. And now he's gone. You can't you can't do anything anymore. You can't be a skunk that harasses women.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. The times have changed.
Speaker 2: He started a not right podcast.
Speaker 4: You can't say anything anymore.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing is another key chain, that is angel.
Speaker 4: It says angel Heaven, speaking of Heaven.
Speaker 2: Well, this is kind of like a like a late nineties, early thousands, like you went to the skate center and bought some trashy exactly.
Speaker 5: I got kind of in the zone doing it yesterday, just cooking by the oven, you know, And that's the fun thing.
Speaker 4: I cooked my art.
Speaker 2: I want to try this you got it actually has shrinky dinks.
Speaker 5: Shrinky dinks, And I don't think this is the real brand. I think this is a knockoff. Shrinkyd Ink is copyrighted.
Speaker 2: Is it kind of like? I mean, this reminds me of creepy crawlers? Did you ever do those?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Is that like the boys? Easy big oven.
Speaker 2: Right where you do little worms? Yeah? Yeah, stuff. Boys couldn't make cookies, no, no, no, boys had to make worms useless rubber cookies are gay. Although the I mean, the colorful worms were a little gay. I'm making all sorts of rainbow esque.
Speaker 4: Worms worms, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I loved the creepy crawlers.
Speaker 4: I know. We gotta we gotta destigmatized crafts in general.
Speaker 2: Yea, everybody loves a craft. Yes, give me a break. You're at a table with friends making something.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I think we're as a society turning towards crafts. It's like we can all do a craft.
Speaker 4: I think so I think so, and I hope so.
Speaker 5: I think I actually do think the new generation is very open to anything. If you like whatever, be into whatever, make a craft totally totally. I think when I was in Texas there was a lot of fear of anything anything else, you know what I mean, very very scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only time we really as boys did a craft was on the fourth of July. Grandma had a craft to do, and I think that was the only time we were really allowed to do the craft interesting, unless it was like a school project.
Speaker 4: We did have a.
Speaker 5: This is where like Texas culture dips into like flamboyants and stuff.
Speaker 4: We had cub Scouts. We had a Blue and Gold Bank whet. We had a cake banking competition. Oh, it was very exciting.
Speaker 2: Do you remember what your cake was?
Speaker 4: I had multiple cakes that I competed in.
Speaker 5: I did one, I believe about one of them was like American Heroes, and I think I did one about the creation of penicillin.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: I made a cake with jelly beans and I made a syringe out of jelly beans or something like that.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's very cute, my brothers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was definitely it was a Blue and Gold bank when so it was a blue and gold syringe or something.
Speaker 2: Right, was allergic to penicil and it's all tying together. Wowing, how everything kind of connects.
Speaker 4: Interesting, freaking out, this is so crazy.
Speaker 2: What a very spiritual podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm having an experience.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I think this may be the final two. Okay, once uh once is get a life. These are both keychains and one is just says shut up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so that was Those are a little more sassy, just in case you want to be a little sasy, and you can.
Speaker 4: Change your key chains every day if you want. Remorse will be raw.
Speaker 2: Getting a keychain on is one of the hardest things you can possibly do.
Speaker 4: How have we not fixed that? I mean this horrible circle.
Speaker 2: Oh the metal ring. Somebody needs shark tank opportunity. Let's get rid of the metal, horrible ring that sticks into your fingers. Let's do something that you can that's durable but is not dangerous.
Speaker 4: Totally. I think you should just dump out on the floor if there's any more.
Speaker 2: In there here, I'm gonna I'm not dumping. I'm not dumping.
Speaker 4: No dumping.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'm dumping because I couldn't feel anything.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's nothing more that's it.
Speaker 2: Was there some other thing that you were like, this will be the final thing and it'll rule the podcast.
Speaker 4: Is angel, and then there should be one that says devil. Oh interesting, but maybe the devil disappeared.
Speaker 2: Oh now, I mean after what we've been Yeah, that's a little spiritual podcast. Okay, it's gone.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's freaky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make of that what you will, Believe it or not. There's a very dark energy right now. Absolutely, there's a dark mist surround it.
Speaker 4: I can't believe.
Speaker 2: I don't like where this is heading. Okay, Yeah, I've done simply digging, and I'm very good at rooting around in a bag. Yeah yeah, yeah, because that's all I do all day to find a little personal bag.
Speaker 4: I'm to find it hanging over me and then it's gone. Okay, it's gone. I believe you.
Speaker 2: People get that vibe from me anyway. They see, they look and they're like, who's this little devil? Devil? Yeah, so it doesn't matter. I don't need a lady.
Speaker 4: Well there you go.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. What a treasure trove of useful items?
Speaker 4: Yeah, really useful, right, I think that's what's nice.
Speaker 5: And I'm thinking if anybody wants one, just let me know and I'll just send one to you can send it hundreds and I'll send him.
Speaker 2: You'll let let's let this ruin your life.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take this over. I'm gonna let this kind of be my thing. I've decided this is who I am now. And so if you have what your life to service, yeah, this is service to me. It's and I can write this off and this is five oh one C three, it's all.
Speaker 4: It's a nonprofit.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, I think it's time to play a game. Are you capable of playing a game?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get into it here this game we're gonna play Gift or a Curse? Great, and I need a number between one and ten from you.
Speaker 4: Let's do three.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me beat beep beep. Get into the dock here right now. You can recommend something, promote something. I encourage both, do whatever you want with the microphone. I'll be right.
Speaker 4: Oh great.
Speaker 5: So I am part of an improv podcast. The Bridger has been a guest on It's called Artist on Artists on Artists and Artists. It is an improvised roundtable where me and my friends Jeremy Colhayne, Kylie Brakeman and Angela Gierratana always pick a different topic. When Bridger came on, he.
Speaker 4: Did food stylists.
Speaker 5: He played a very wonderful character named Michelle Brett who was a very prolific food stylist. Every episode is a different type of artists. So we have wedding DJs and directors and writers and people who all played one line waiters in movies and all sorts of stuff. So check that out where you get your podcasts. And I'm also DJ on Radio Margaritaville on series six times. Check that out SIS Channel twenty four.
Speaker 2: Very nice, both great things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fun stuff.
Speaker 2: I love your podcast. It's so funny and it was such an enjoyable time doing it, and no complaints.
Speaker 4: You are hilarious. It was so great.
Speaker 2: My recommendation this week, I think I actually know exactly what it is, and it's to not count on a bank for a public restaurant. Really, for some reason, and maybe this is only banks I've ever visited. They don't have public restrooms, so do not which I tried to do recently. I was waiting for somebody in the Costco parking lot. I needed to pee. I thought I'll go into the bank and use their bathroom. It didn't exist.
Speaker 4: Banks need to watch themselves.
Speaker 5: If they don't make themselves amenable, there's no reason for them.
Speaker 4: To be around here.
Speaker 5: Are villain Honestly, it's basically a wee work. It's so because all you do is you go in and apply for loans. You can do that in any conference room. Otherwise all the money is digital. So so you better check your privilege and allow us to take.
Speaker 4: Shit in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, I mean, my only, my only, Like my theory is that, like they don't want someone going in there and pulling a mask over their head or getting their gun ready.
Speaker 4: Oh is that?
Speaker 2: But that seems so stupid. It's like I'll just do it in the car and storm into the bank.
Speaker 4: How often do bank robberies still happen? Probably a lot, pretty frequently.
Speaker 2: And I I've I had a friend who was robbed once and he learned the statistic that it's like ninety eight percent of bank robbers are caught. Wow, So it's not a great gig. Yeah, So that's why I didn't pick it earlier as a criminal enterprise. Oh, the other thing I want to recommend is a song by this artist named Carol Anne Peg. I think that's her name. She's a and if the song is called a Witch's Guide to the Underground, Oh, I just want to make sure it's great. I mean that's her name because I recently came across it. If you like Kate Bush, this is like an earlier version. This is, you know, folky, somebody kind of singing about kind of slightly witchy, but folky. Everybody loves this song. Well, I'm gonna assume everybody loves is going to love this song.
Speaker 4: That's fantastic. I'm gonna I'm liking it right now.
Speaker 2: But let's get into the game. I feel like I completely forgot we were playing a game because I was so mad about the bank. I understand this is how we play Gift or a Curse. I'm gonna name three things. You're going to tell me if there're a gift or a curse and why, and then I'll tell you if you're right or wrong. There are correct answers. Does that make perfect sense? Okay? Number one this is from somebody a listener named Rebecca. Rebecca suggested gift or a Curse correctly predicting who the killer is in the first half of a show or movie like the viewer.
Speaker 5: As a viewer, Yeah, as a viewer, I think that's a curse because you can't let yourself enjoy something.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, that's what I say. Okay, well, I think I'm going to tell you it's a gift. You're really absolutely what a fun feeling you're I mean, you feel like you're the smartest person in the room. Sure, and then you get to watch this murderer or the killer kind of do their thing the whole episode. You're tracking them almost as if you're a good uh you know, spy or FBI agent.
Speaker 5: I think if I if I guess the murderer, then I think they're so dumb like.
Speaker 4: You, guys. I beat you. I beat you this.
Speaker 5: I fucked up my whole car trying to buy a skeleton today, and I figured out who killed this person. I forgot out who's sending the codes. Embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hate to hear you argue with me. You're wrong. It's a gift.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I love to solve a puzzle quickly. Okay, number two, So you're failing so far, and that's fine. Understand someone named Mark has suggested gift or a curse.
Speaker 4: Fancy ketchup, Oh goodness, fancy ca I think fancy ketchup's a gift.
Speaker 2: Why because it delineates it between regular ketchup.
Speaker 5: Fancy ketchup always is a little zestier, let's be honest, And it's thicker, and it comes in glass. Other ketchup can come in plastic, And I think it's nice because ketchup deserves.
Speaker 4: To be on the spectrum of dining. You can have nice freetz.
Speaker 5: Why would we call something freeze instead of fries if we don't want them to be fancier, So we need to give them a better If you're gonna give someone a makeover, you can't have them wear the clothes they already wore, right, You got to give them a fancy dress. So you got to make a zesterier ketchup. It's a little thicker, it's a little nicer to scoop. So yes, I think it's a gift.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows it's a curse. Nobody likes fans wrong, nobody. You're always so unhappy when you go to a restaurant and they don't have regular ketchup. It never tastes right. Just give us all the sugar and vinegar. That's all anybody wants. Ask on at least you like regular ketchup more than fancy ketchup. Yeah, they think, so, you can answer. I honestly don't know the difference. And I also think that ketchup is very good. I think it's one of the lowest forms of a condiment. Okay, well, this is where the problem comes in. Then, so Honey's just doesn't like ketchup at all, so it doesn't matter. Wow, Okay, but you're wrong.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I hate to hear it. You hate to hear it. Number three, This is from someone named Amy. A gift or a curse. Hotel bathrooms with full bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and soap attached to the shower wall instead of many bottles on the counter.
Speaker 4: Absolute curse.
Speaker 5: Why I think that's a curse because you can you know that all the other people have touched it. You know that they're just pumping it in, like freaking just people pumping just I hate that. I hate the feeling that they're just It's like I'm a man, like the like the machine that Gerbils use to drink water.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. That's what those feel like to me, and I hate that.
Speaker 5: With a little ball on them, let's drive me crazy.
Speaker 4: I hate those.
Speaker 5: I absolutely genuinely hate those. Give me a thing to take home, Give me a little plastic thing. I understand that it's less environmentally friendly, but I can't store that in, you know, in case I run out of soap, in case I'm going on another trip.
Speaker 4: I'm not buying that stuff.
Speaker 2: Right, what do you think, Well, listener, you may have just heard the garbage truck driving through the neighborhood. And that's an interesting coincidence because it's kind of ringing the bell that Patrick is one of very few to have lost this game. They're a gift, Yes, because of me. They're using the nice stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: If they give you the little thing on the counter, that means it's some bizarre brand no one has ever heard of. It's gonna absolutely destroy your hair. Skin doesn't smell as good you're in the shower. It's slipping out of your hands while you're trying to squeeze it. Not environmentally friendly. No, you gotta have the one attached to the wall.
Speaker 4: I'll diw on this hill.
Speaker 2: The labo.
Speaker 4: Have you heard al lavo? Lo lavo comes into little things.
Speaker 5: I've never seen l lavo in an economy size fucking trough. Or you pump it out of the wall, you press the button, you hear a squeeze noise. Give me a break, I'm in a shower. You got to use them. No way, I don't care. That's not's leisurely. Leisurely is is it? And fancy and exquisite? That's the bottle.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you're going to the wrong hotels, my friend.
Speaker 4: I'm going to Margaritaville's and I'm enjoying every single one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, Margaritaville, They're just they're probably just in the uh testing stages of putting the nice ones on the wall. Yeah right, It's just you're afraid of the future. Ultimately, you're scared of change.
Speaker 4: No way.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you lost, and at least you have any idea how many people have lost. It's got to be like, oh on this, this is gonna check just so you feel worse.
Speaker 4: Wow, so I really lost?
Speaker 2: You lost? Way more people have won this game?
Speaker 4: Actually, no way lost?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I don't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's only been you are the fifth loser. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: In hundreds of episodes, am I in good company? Carl Tart okay, sense, Jesse Tyler, Ferguson okay, Irene too, and Gillian Jacobs.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. We're on a text thread. I'm going to text them all interesting.
Speaker 2: You and Carl have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 4: We have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: He's going to be very mad at you.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be chatting with Carl.
Speaker 2: He wanted he was in rare company until now, and now you've kind of soiled the pristine pool of losers.
Speaker 4: Wow, pristine full of losers. I'm the loser.
Speaker 2: You're the worst. Broughtser is always the latest loser.
Speaker 4: Losing always meant something.
Speaker 2: Your louser is kind of like, oh you're really bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, you haven't. You haven't adapted with other people.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, badly played. Let's try to move on. This is the final segment of the podcast. It's called I Said No Emails. People write into I Said No Gifts at gmail dot com with questions any type of question. People frequently writing about gifts. But I can't be clear enough to the listener. I don't care write in about whatever you want, we answer a question.
Speaker 4: I would love that now.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me read this, says dear wise, bridger and helpful guest. Very nice. I was recently put in a situation where my brother gave me an unexpected gift and I was caught with nothing to give him in return. We live far apart and will often exchange gifts from our respective cities when we see each other. We happened to be vacationing in the same place and so met up for an afternoon and dinner when our paths crossed, which was very nice. Since we were both traveling, I assumed we wouldn't be exchanging our regular gifts due to packing constraints. I also assumed we were visiting the same country, so why by the other a souvenir when we are all going to the same place and each should would pick their own. The second assumption was my mistake, and he brought my husband and me very nice souvenir gifts. My plan was then to pay for dinner, but he did that sneaky move and approach the waiter away from the table and paid. I am very appreciative of his thoughtfulness and generosity, but we are competitive, and there was a smugness and he knew he bested me this time around. I would appreciate any gift is to help me, even the score. He has a cat, enjoys gambling, snowboarding, whiskey, and his favorite food is mashed potatoes. I love the podcast. Thanks Anna. Wow. Okay, now about half well, when we got to the brother suddenly flashing the cash, yeah, I started to think of something, and then we got to gambling, and then I actually think my theory is confirmed. He's in financial trouble. You think so, he's peacocking. He's trying to He's like trying to prove it. He doesn't want her look peeking behind the curtain.
Speaker 4: What I was gonna say it's a little similar is this brother needs.
Speaker 2: To let people in.
Speaker 5: Interesting because it's this feeling of the superiority all the time.
Speaker 4: I'm in charge, I can help. I'm the provider, right.
Speaker 5: I won't receive as anything because receiving something is vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Oh so fascinating.
Speaker 4: That lines up with the gambling addiction of the game problem.
Speaker 2: He's so out of money, and let's be clear, he stepped away from the table to pay. We didn't see money exchange. There could have been a threat, that's that could have been it. Yeah, there's some waiter out there scared for their life.
Speaker 5: I also really don't like the I paid quietly without telling you move.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me.
Speaker 5: And well, I just don't like the idea that you're standing talking to a waiter, you know what I mean. I think that looks unnatural and I think I think waiter should be received. But when you see somebody standing, there must be.
Speaker 4: Something terribly wrong.
Speaker 2: They're dominating them.
Speaker 4: It feels like a wheeling and dealing kind of thing. Right, it's not their realm.
Speaker 5: They're standing, they're in charge, right, they're running the place, your manager style talking to them.
Speaker 4: I hate that vibe.
Speaker 2: You should never be on an even playing field with the waiter.
Speaker 4: You're talking up to a waiter.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, absolutely, So it holds hard to interesting observation you've made.
Speaker 4: I don't I do think.
Speaker 5: First of all, I would say the best way to get a return on this gift is potentially getting something online. That was my first thought, by something that you could send to them that would be a digital gift card, you know, like maybe maybe there's something that you can get that day that can just show up in their inbox and they can.
Speaker 2: There's nothing they can know to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have something.
Speaker 5: Right, And I know gift cards feel a little impersonal, but you can get very specific with the gift card, and you can get very very very detailed. There's so many niche things for everything. So if there's some sort of mashed potato with a month club something like that, tickets to a resort, or if I bought you two tickets if there's a local mountain, if if they live by Jackson Hole to you know, you bought two ski tickets of Jackson Hole, right, you can be ready for in the winter. It would be my thought personalized.
Speaker 2: Those are very nice gifts. Yeah, and I was also while you were talking, I wasn't listening. I was thinking of my own ideas. Okay, no, that's not true. I was listen, but I was thinking. I saw a cat and then I saw gambling, and I thought, this has got to be a thing, a cat roulette table.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't that be fun.
Speaker 2: To watch a cat do the roulette?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be fun.
Speaker 2: That feels like a thing that could I like, if that hasn't been made already.
Speaker 5: Roulette's the ball that spins around, right, Yeah, so I don't think that cat's gonna let that bo get.
Speaker 2: All the way around, but chases it for a minute.
Speaker 4: And what number does it stop the ball on?
Speaker 2: Oh? Interesting? And is it betting? Is it red or black? Red or black and its little visor on?
Speaker 4: Or you could have an orange cat versus a black cat?
Speaker 2: Oh? Interesting? Kind of then kill each other and one.
Speaker 4: I think it's a legal cat fighting on a roulette table at this point.
Speaker 5: But I do think, I do think, And also maybe making some sort of gambling type of gift could be.
Speaker 4: Very fun where it's like open this or open this.
Speaker 2: Oh, so he has to do the gamble and then that he may end up with a bad gift.
Speaker 5: Or like I bet you one hundred dollars that you wouldn't do something, but the gift is one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh, so true something.
Speaker 5: And then I just get they think they're one against you, but actually you prepared them.
Speaker 2: Again, Well, I think we answered that perfectly.
Speaker 4: I think we did.
Speaker 5: And I would also say, let's take the attention see each other less siblings. I would say, see each other less because it feels like there's a tension.
Speaker 2: Communicate less.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're not enjoying your company.
Speaker 5: If I'm gonna be quite honest with each other, it's I don't think that you're really embracing the fact that you are family, that you're enjoying your time together.
Speaker 4: I don't think he is.
Speaker 2: It seems I don't think either. They're both on vacation and all they're thinking about is how do I get the upper hand?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. Look at the sunset. Oh, I have a moheito, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Kiss? You got to do something to break the tension. Oh geez.
Speaker 4: This advice is good at one point.
Speaker 2: And obviously change your phone number. Don't let this brother get back in touch with you. This is a deadly game you're both playing. Yes, we answered the question so well. I can't believe it. This is why people write in yeah, we're saving lives.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you don't even charge for this.
Speaker 2: I'll say it, and I've said it once, and i'll say it before. No, if that's not what you say, I've said it once and i'll say it again. The heat is you know, I am sweating. I'm a force for change. You are I'm a force for change.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think This is the end of the podcast.
Speaker 4: Patrick.
Speaker 2: I've got all these delightful little shrinkets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what it's called, shrinky dinks, shrinking shrinky dink, shrinking d shrink its.
Speaker 4: That might be the the generic brand shrink it's.
Speaker 2: The Red Box movie version exactly so.
Speaker 5: And I did leave some of these in my hot car, so we'll see if I'm coming back to some more surprise shrinky dinks.
Speaker 4: But thank you for having me, Bridget.
Speaker 2: This was so much. I just adore you and like you as well. Hopefully the listener's not too pissed at you.
Speaker 4: I please don't be Guys, come on, he's.
Speaker 2: Got enough problems. He's got a twelve problem in this car, right.
Speaker 7: Don't remind me what am I gonna do? I live down forty stairs. How do I have not offered to help yet you won't and you absolutely won't. I actually will let me know if you need help, send a picture. We'll put it on the Instagram at some point. Okay, great, This is the end of the podcast, listener, Patrick, thank you for being here. Thank you, listener. You know I'm obviously all out of sorts. I'm saying things that make zero sense at this point, you've got to have some mercy and let me go. I'm just take your claws off of me. This is the end of the podcast. I love you goodbye.
Speaker 2: I said, No Gifts is an exactly right production. It's produced by our dear friend Annalise Nilson, and it's beautifully mixed by Ben Holliday. And we couldn't do it without our guest booker Patrick Kottner. The theme song, of course, could only come from miracle worker Amy Mann. You must follow the show on Instagram at I said no Gifts, I don't want to hear any excuses. That's where you get to see pictures of all these gorgeous gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to see pictures of the gifts?
Speaker 1: Line?
Speaker 2: May did you hear?
Speaker 1: Thuna man? Myself perfectly clear? But you're I guessed Tom. You gotta come to me empty And I said, no, guest, your own presence is presents enough.
Speaker 3: I already had too much stuff, So how do you dare to surbey me?