Speaker 1: Welcome to jag XAM. On this Wednesday, we're presented by Jet Home Loans and we're here in the Hyundai studios and guys, it feels a little weird, like we got to get back into the swing of things because we had that little mini bye week and now we're back on schedule.
Speaker 2: Well then you get the bye week next week, so you'll be off schedule again. It'll do the Maxi violet. Yeah, right there. It'll be a couple of weeks. It'll be a couple of weeks before we're back in there.
Speaker 1: Not too bad, all right, Let's look ahead to this week and kind of what the team has been dealing with. Our first big thing is R and R because as we've mentioned, this team played four games in nineteen days. Of course, two of those were in London, played here, played in New Orleans on Thursday night football, so they really went through the gauntlet there and now it is a bit of a rescreery. They had a bit of a short bye week because they had the weekend off, and then after they get through this Steelers game, they will have thee So how do you kind of remain focused, Brian and use the rest time but not get out of sync because you need to still be ready when you take companies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Doug did a good job obviously because they won through that whole nineteen day stretch, but getting guys off their feet, getting them home early, giving them more mental reps. They talked about more time with the iPad, watching tape, you know, digesting the game plan. I think on the bye week it's about getting rid of it all right, flushing and then coming back in, as we said, renewed right, feeling revived. And I think for a lot of guys, having three days after those nineteen that were so rigorous is going to give them a little pep in their steps, kind of like when you open because I know you have a dog when you open the door and it's that first bit of fall air that hits them right, it's sixty five instead of eighty five, and they go running outside. It's kind of like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it'll be hard this week because I think they practiced on Monday. Then you have your normal Tuesday, and so when you come back in this Wednesday, I think it feels normal. And I do think there's the incentive, and I think these coaches and Doug in particular do a good job of making sure they understand situations. So I think once they get back in today, I do think it'll be that that revived get back to it after the bye week. I've never really been around a team that has a problem coming back from a buy. There's somethings that are better than others, but I've never really since the lack of focus.
Speaker 4: Coming off of it. I think they're used to that.
Speaker 2: By that well, and it could help that. You know, a couple of days off gives you a chance to get a couple of guys back, right, I mean he said Walker Little and Say Jones were likely to practice this week. That's really good. And Devon Hamilton's not far away. He may not be ready until after the bye, but you're getting some guys back because of the extra time AFT.
Speaker 1: And this goes into what Doug was talking about when he was kind of going for the schedule. He wanted the bye later in the year because that's when guys get banged up and it benefits you more rather than getting it right after coming back from London.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he would love to have had it maybe a couple of weeks later with this many buy because this does make it feel starts off. Yeah, it will and a long time with only a couple of games.
Speaker 4: But he got part of it.
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Our second big thing is going to be rivalry renewed, because when you go up against these old AFC teams, you always have some good games in the mix. And I'm going to turn to you, guys, because you're my historians. So tell me about some of those good Jaguars and Steelers matchups from the past.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll give you one, and I think people may have forgotten this. In nineteen ninety seven, the Jaguars won when Clyde Simmons blocked Norm Johnson field goal a tip in the first ever Monday night football game for the Jaguars, and it was here blocks at Chris Hudson takes it back right, So the game ends on the final play. About six weeks later, we're in Pittsburgh. It's cold, it's dark. The game goes to overtime, and the state the name goes silent at the Old three Rivers as the coin is tossed and the Jaguars call tails and the referee says it is heads, and the place erupts. It just shook, you could feel it, and the Steelers won on shovel pass. Did Jerome Battis to win on the final play of the game. And it's the first time, the best of my knowledge, and the last time that are two game series, So it had to be a divisional where both games ended on the final play. It was epic.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the one that I wasn't here for seven the Jags to go to Pittsburgh beat the Steelers twice. They do it again in seventeen. The Jaguars have timed playing the Steelers up there well, if that makes any sense. They've been good in a lot of years where they've gone up there and played I think their records seven and two up there since and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they haven't lost there in twenty years.
Speaker 3: Which in order for the Jaguars had that kind of record over a twenty year period, they have to hit timing right, because you weren't going up there a lot of years and winning that. So, you know, and he will talk about, well the Jaguars have the Steelers number. Well, I think when the Jaguars are good, they do, and I think they're good this year. I think it's a good matchup for the Jags. But I think the Steelers are very, very dangerous because they believe in themselves.
Speaker 2: I take that back. They lost there in twenty and eleven. Here's the why the Jaguars always kind of seem to have their number, because the Steelers were the standards when the Jaguars started as an expansion team, and Tom Kaughlin built his team to compete with Pittsburgh, and then Jack del Rio came in and the Steelers had a young quarterback and Ben Roethlisberger, so he built his team to compete with them. When the Jaguars were in the old AFC South and even into the I'm sorry, the old AFC Central, and even into the AFC South, they were always targeting Pittsburgh because Pittsburgh's the standard of excellence in this league. Were one of the standards of excellency in this league, and so there have been some epic games. Mean, that's a fourth down play right there that David Garrard gets free and sets up a game winning field goal in the playoffs. That's the wildcard playoff game in two thousand and seven. So go be wins it here. So this rivalry is dead even right, the Jaguars owned both playoff victories and I'm in I can go point game by game by him. The jaguars first home win was against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Here it was epic. I mean, it's just it's been a great rivalry. And what people don't realize is that the Rooneys would have loved to have been able to bring the Jaguars into the AFC North, but they couldn't. They needed the Browns, right because that's a rivalry, and the Browns needed the Bengals because that's a rivalry, and everyone one of the Ravens. It just didn't work. But the Rooney family has always been a strong proponent of the Jaguars, a really strong proponent of the Jaguars and the Weavers and the Rooney's had a really nice relationship and that's part of the rivalry that people don't see.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool. Hopefully another iteration of it this time around in this matchup, we do want to talk about our final big thing, which is who are you. We've talked a ton about identity when it comes to the Jaguars, about what kind of team they're supposed to be, and we don't quite know yet Steelers, you could probably say the same for them. Coach Mike tom when we asked about that yesterday, and he had a pretty interesting answer.
Speaker 5: I think in twenty twenty three, when you're talking about team identity, you are talking more intangible quality things, a grit, a mindset, the approach in which you you you take the circumstances. Are you a calculated risk taking group. Are you a fundamentalist group? Are you a small menu group? Those are the things that really kind of comprise identity today. If you start talking about we're a running group, then people are gonna show up in goal line defense and open field on you. And so it doesn't behoove you to marry yourself to an identity. All it does is make the make this ledding more difficult. In twenty twenty three, there's so much specialization in today's game. It just is the utilization of people in very specific places on offense and defense. It makes it a matchup game, It makes it a situational game. You can have an agenda in which you desire, but they're things that people can do to to push you off that agenda, regardless of what your intentions are. In twenty twenty three. If people play open grass, open grass goal line, then chances are you gonna have a difficult time running the football, for example, And that's what uh the Rams were willing to do, for example, when they went Nickel five to one versus three wide receiver sets, they were saying, by virtue of the people that we have on the field, your run game is gonna be difficult today if you choose to do so. And so from time to time you gonna choose to fight that fight. Sometimes you're not. Those are distract strategic components of today's game, and that's why it makes declaration of identity a a stupid endeavor at this junction.
Speaker 1: So, needless to say, Mike Tomlin not a huge fan of declaring what kind of team you are, and he has a point in the sense that nowadays you have to be so versatile, right, so declaring yourself a running team doesn't really serve you if the defense is gonna come out completely shut you down on the run. So, John is just the nature of the twenty twenty three game that everybody kind of has to have that little hand in everything and really be specialized.
Speaker 3: It is, But I think Tomlin does first off, I wish somebody had asked, Mike, I didn't get that, could you repeat that? But I think what Tomlin does really well is, even if he doesn't necessarily have a running based, dominant defensive team, which he really doesn't this year, he makes those guys believe that they're good at those things, and he makes them believe that that's their identity. They're a three four defense that runs a lot of two five. They're not a great run defense, but I guarantee you when it's third and two, those guys believe they are, and they probably play well in those situations in big moments like that.
Speaker 4: Same with running the ball.
Speaker 3: Pittsburgh fans are going to believe they're a running team no matter what style they have. So I think he has that as an identity.
Speaker 4: A very good coach, which he is, knows you have to be versatile.
Speaker 2: It's remarkable, you know, for fifty four years. He is the third head coach since nineteen sixty nine, and the Steelers have always been a dominant front right both sides of the ball, run the ball, stop the run, and they're not. I mean when you look at them, you know their bottom five in run defense, bottom five and run offense. So you say, what is this? I tell you what they do do, which is what they've always done, is man, they beat you on defense with their skill position players, with TJ. Watt, with Mika Fitzpatrick. They are first in the league with fifteen forced fumbles. They are in the top five with sacks with twenty nine, and they are top five interceptions with ten. So they're four and two. Not because they're that typical run the ball, stop the run Pittsburgh team, but because on defense they make plays when they have to. And I think Mike tom is just a remarkable story. He's been a terrific coach. He was young, he was slightly unknown when they hired him, and yet he has continued the tradition. And it's remarkable also because you know, it's twenty twenty three and it's the first time we're like, who are these guys? Because the Steelers always had that identity.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it helps when you have a big ben for a while that kind of like dictates in the defense that they've had that was always are Dentge just tough and gritty, and now we're kind of seeing where they're going. And Kenny Pickett's a little bit of an anomaly so far, at least from what I've seen him this season, John, have you seen much of Kenny Pickett or kind of seeing what he might be.
Speaker 3: I haven't been from talking to people up there. What makes this team dangerous is they're so good in the second half and well and even you know the Jaywars aren't coming back in games this year, but they're playing well in.
Speaker 4: The fourth quarter to get out of games.
Speaker 3: And both these teams are what gets you good in the NFL, which is they make the big plays at the big times. So Kenny Pickett has been average at best in the first half, he's been off the charts good in the second half. And when you're playing on the road, and when you mean the Jaguars going up there against a team that believes it plays well at home, I anticipate the Jaguars probably being up at halftime and the Steelers making a game of it because they believe they will well.
Speaker 2: And whatever you think of Canny pick Itt, when TJ. Watt intercepts the ball in the first series of the third quarter and puts it first in goal for you, well, that helps you be good in the second half.
Speaker 1: Sure have to help there, all right, stay with us, We're going to come back here a little bit more from Mike Tomlin about what he's seen from the Jaguars and what he's expecting in this mapup. Jags fans, if you want sorry, excuse me. For ten years, dream Fenders Holmes has been proud to call themselves the official home builder of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Does it dreamfendersomes dot Com for all of the available inventory and go Jags. Welcome back to Jags Am talking Steelers because that's the team they're playing this week and should be a good one. There's a history of good games. Mike Tomlin. I listened to his whole press conference yesterday. I just find him so I don't know, an entertaining, He's not the right word. It's just very interesting to hear the way he kind of thinks about the game and talks about the game, and just how he shared his scouting of the Jaguars already every you know, naming every single player and who he was looking at, but particularly he singled out Trayvon Walker as someone that they're looking at on defense.
Speaker 5: First man, we got to do a really good job of managing their bigs. They've invested a lot in their bigs. They got former first rounders, first overall picks in that group. Uh, the edge guys really capture your attention. Josh Allen and Walker in particular, as a tandem, wrink a lot of havoc. I think Josh Allen's got seven sacks. I think oftentimes sacks don't represent the havoc that Walker uh causes. I felt that way in a in an analysis of him leading up to the draft. He's just the type of guy that wrecks a lot of things. He plays at a with a with a violent style of play. He just he's a wrecking ball. And so we just got to be really cognizant of their group and the in the wave that they provide, the challenges that that that come with managing their front.
Speaker 1: It's calling Trayvon a wrecking ball, you John, I know, I want to hear John. It's just interesting because I know we're so tough on Trayvon about not having sack numbers, but just the role he plays in the run and other coaches the way they see him setting up the dynamic for Josh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's not just against the run.
Speaker 3: He's so much better against the past if you were give him credit for because he collapses the pocket and he makes it very difficult for the quarterback to stand in.
Speaker 4: On his side.
Speaker 3: He's not a sack guy out of its vindication, because look, the reality is, if people continue to say where are the sacks about Trayvon Walker, They're continue to get They're going to continue to continue to say, well, he's not worth the pick whatever all that stuff is. I was kind of go aad Mike said it because I hadn't thought of the wrecking ball. Yeah, analogy, and that's really a good analogy with him. He disrupts so much and makes it so difficult to go to his side of the field that it's almost like when a defensive back can take away a of the field.
Speaker 2: What it is is, it's the offensive line of scrimmage is two yards behind the original line of scrimmage on his side of the field. He's constantly got the end and the tackle pushed backwards, so you're having to loop behind them to get the running game going. And you're right, forget the Sacksfridge a second, and look what he does to the pocket. Go on NFL Plus and watch the all twenty two replay and all you see is him near the quarterback. And it's different than Calebon Jason, who's consistently been near the quarterback but never made the play. This guy allows other people to make the play and willed Von him Wilton comes back. That's really gonna be interesting.
Speaker 3: And again, I don't know what the endgame comparison with Aiden Hutchinson and all that. I don't know how many sacks he's gonna get. What I continue to say about Trayvon is if you're a Jaguars fan, you don't want to watch them play defense without him right now because he is so stout and so dominant on his side of the ball. And I'm not saying there's never a play where it doesn't go right over there, but for the most part their fourth in the league and run defense and they're like the top three or top five, and pressures and knockdowns and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: He's a big reason for that.
Speaker 2: He's not an edge rusher though he plays on the edge. He's an edge crusher because he takes that end and drives it in and back.
Speaker 4: The chance to see a rusher and crusher feel free to use it.
Speaker 2: That's good. I like that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see what Mike Tomlin has to say about what he's seemed from Trevor Lawrence so far.
Speaker 5: But I see a guy that that has first overall type talent. He can make any throw on the field, both from an arm strength and touch perspective. He has unique mobility in terms of his athleticism, and I think that that talent set makes him a extreme challenge. And I would imagine with experience, because of that talent set, he's gonna be increasingly more difficult to.
Speaker 1: Deal with, like kind of singling out obviously his arm strength, but what he's been able to do in terms of mobility, because we've been seeing a lot of mobile Trevor recently. Even with a bum knee, he's out there running around leading rusher for the team. So it's kind of interesting to see. I mean, not that they didn't respect he could run a little bit, but now it's being brought up by other coaches.
Speaker 2: You know. I was reading something this morning on the athletic website and the writer said that Trevor Lawrence was competent, and I thought, what a rotten choice of words. I mean, all you see is is adequacy or competency. I mean both of those things and so much more. He's making a few throws a game that most quarterbacks don't or can't make, and then last week to run and be the leading rusher in a game in which you didn't expect him to be very mobile. He is much more than just competent. And I wonder why people don't see him rising. And maybe if they question the Jaguars and how good they are, but Trevor Lawrence is the reason on offense why they're good.
Speaker 3: Well, people who analyze the NFL from a thirty thousand foot view, they can't watch every game. Yeah, so they can't see every throw that we see him making. So they look at the stats and his touchdowns are what eight or nine touchdowns? That was pointed out to me this week, and I didn't know because they didn't care. I guess what I care about is he's quarterbacking a team that's won four straight. He's quarterbacking a team that's won ten of twelve over the course of two years. I see him playing smart. I see him running when it benefits him to run and when it benefits the offense to run. He's not necessarily run for one hundred yards. But boy, doesn't it feel over the last four games when he's taken off and run, doesn't it feel like they've been big moments that have gotten you big first downs Against the Saints. I think it was twice that he flipped the field where you didn't feel like they had momentum. This play here, good call, Brent Reever. That play flipped the field, gave them momentum. Mean you feel like they were going to score when they.
Speaker 4: Needed to score. So he's doing smart things.
Speaker 3: He's not piling up stats, but they've been up in the second half of four straight games. You don't necessarily need your quarterback to throw for three hundred and ninety yards in that situation you needed to win the game. So I is he elite yet I don't know what all that means.
Speaker 4: He's five and two.
Speaker 1: Also, we have to look at some of the touchdown numbers are down because Travis e. Tan is getting all of the touchdowns in some of these games.
Speaker 3: So really good teams run for a lot of touchdowns historically, that's one of the key stats this team has run. Has what run for seven with Travis or like nine with Bigsby?
Speaker 4: Yep, Yeah, or is it eight.
Speaker 3: Well, either way, once you get up into those high teens in terms of touchdowns rushing, it means you can do what you.
Speaker 4: Want to do in the red zone. The fact that they're doing that's really important.
Speaker 1: And we've talked so much about the versatility on this team. They're going to be spreading the ball around and that includes the running backs. So we have to kind of put it all together. And we know our national colleagues. It's hard to watch every single team, so when you look at the box score, maybe you don't always see it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not hard to do. It's not hard to pick up the phone and call some bucket. It's not hard to pick up and go, hang on, this is what I see? Is he playing well? I see what all you? Eight touchdowns? That's disappointed to people in Jackson. That's not hard to do. They could do that fair enough.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll get the call now, Brian, we put the signal out, so we'll have them call you and get the insider details. Say with us. We got hot takes coming up after the break here on jags am. Welcome back to jags am price dot com. The easiest way to save money with comparison, shopping, cash back, coupon and all in one. It is free check out price dot com today. This Trice dot Com is a presenter of this or that. I'm sorry called it hot takes. We're doing this or that today. So, Brian, what do you have for this or that thing? Man?
Speaker 2: What it will be six days from the trade deadline? And all you see is you click around the internet or you know rumors and stories and who's what. So here's my question. Would you, knowing what you know about this team and where they're at and the way that they're pressuring the past rusher, if not getting the sack, would just swing for the fences? I mean, would you throw the first round pick out there or a second whatever it may be, for Daniel Hunter or Brian Burns up in Carolina? Or would you be content to hit him in the park and you get on base with a guy of josh Ucha in New England is a name that I have seen, and there's an edge rusher who has fallen out of favor in New York. Would you be willing to go get some help and protect you overall draft picks and your salary structure, or would you say the hell would let's.
Speaker 3: Go in theory, I would, you know, And it's gonna be a bad answer because you've got to know what it's gonna cost, and you've got to know what it's gonna cost in terms of long term Is it going to be a locker room fit. There are factors out there that don't fit that well in a bullet point lists. So I understand if they don't, you know, sure, it's always better to be better and get guys. If they could get it Daniel Hunter, who's gonna come in and get you eight or nine sacks and really make you a fierce, fast rushing, fierce pass rushing team, then yeah, I kind of don't think they will because I believe that they think their past rush is better than people see, because I believe they believe they're affecting the quarterback and there's more to just getting them on the ground. So I kind of think they won't. But I'll be holding my brass like everybody else.
Speaker 1: I don't think they will. But I will be on record as saying they should whatever that may be. And I'm not gonna play GM in the sense of they should get this or that whatever they think they need for the team. I think they should not be clutching their pearls in terms of draft picks, holding onto them. If it takes a pick to get something that they need for this team to be complementary and put them over the edge, then they should absolutely do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think they care. I don't think they care that much about the pick. There is an element. Okay, you go get a pass rusher. And I haven't heard this manybody.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking.
Speaker 3: I was thinking out loud, you'll get a pass rusher, and the pastor rusher said, Hey, if this deal is gonna happen, I need a long term contract. We don't have Josh signed to a long term exactly. My so is that dynamic dangerous. I don't know the answers to those, but those are the kind of things you have to look at. And if you signed to long term deals, I mean, you can't sign Josh, who's a homegrown guy. So I think there's a little bit there of Uh. I don't know what all those answers are, but that's the kind of terrain you've got to walk in.
Speaker 2: You can only have so many of those, you know, twenty five thirty million dollar guys, because you're gonna have a fifty five million dollars a year quarterback. You may have a twenty million dollar wide receiver, probably have a twenty million dollar corner. So if you're gonna go and swing for defenses for a hunter, which is the name of Brian Burns, you're you're taking someone else out of play because you can't have that many guys that are in that salary structure. You have to choose. And this team has a bunch of homegrown guys that they want to pay.
Speaker 1: We want all of them, We want all the things. I love to see if that works out. John, What is your this or that for us this week? And I do that involves the offense?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Is this and I need to read it to make sure I'm getting it right.
Speaker 3: Is the Jaguars offense already defined or is it poised to break out? And we're seven games then, so, you know, I won't be disingenuous to say that I don't always you know, I'm a believer that.
Speaker 4: You sort of know your team after six or seven games.
Speaker 3: So is this offense what I consider a big play offense?
Speaker 4: At the end of games?
Speaker 3: It makes plays, it makes clutch plays or they're more there. I kind of got to go against what I usually say because I think once a Jones gets back, yeah, I think once Walker Little is in, there are pieces that make you think that they're really close. I think what's gonna happen is what usually happens. There's what ten games left. People want to see a final ten games. They're gonna score forty two points a game. Yeah, Well, I think what's more likely to happen is I think you're gonna have four or five games the rest of the season where they really click, and I think in three or four the thoughs you're gonna blow a team out.
Speaker 4: I think this team's capable of that.
Speaker 3: And then you're gonna have some games where you're sort of clunky, because's what the NFL is.
Speaker 4: But I think there's more on the high end for this team to achieve.
Speaker 2: Here's why I say poised to break out because they've been so below average on third down. I mean last week they had eight consecutive third down opportunities that they failed to convert. We haven't seen what they can be when they can convert, especially the third down and four to six range and stay on the field, then I think we'll see what they can be. But right now their third down conversion rate is about thirty four percent, said, bottom five, bottom six in the league. I don't think until they start converting on third down, which I believe they can and will, that we'll see who they actually are.
Speaker 4: I think says going to be huge in that.
Speaker 3: You know, I almost wonder if I don't know, if we haven't talked to day about it, if you're unsure about him at all.
Speaker 2: This week you're about to find out.
Speaker 4: Maybe you leave.
Speaker 3: Him out for one more week, one more buy and get him back full go.
Speaker 4: Now. If he's ready, he'll play.
Speaker 2: But he is.
Speaker 3: It's so obvious what he means to them on third down. We saw it last year, and it's almost like we saw it and didn't really absorb it how good he was on third down.
Speaker 2: By the way, you want to talk about guys that you might have to pay again, he's making eight million dollars a year. He's got another year on his deal, right, I mean, he is underpaid for what he means to this team.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, there are some decisions that are going to have to be made and maybe some veterans, you know, taking the hometown discount or whatever you want to call it, if they are happy with the situation or they go after their money. I mean they've been in lot to different situations and I just say that because we've talked to Kirk and we talked today before and they've been in bad situations and I think that's what makes them appreciate that. Evan as well. So there is something you said about but money is money.
Speaker 2: I know there's also a quarterback.
Speaker 1: What quarterback it matters this or that. This week is about the offensive line. We saw them play above average against the Saints, not allowing any sacks, no quarterback hits, and I think one pressure in that Thursday night matchup. So Cam's been back for a couple of weeks. Now, Walker Little hopefully back. If not this week, he'll be back after the bye. So is this offensive line good now? Are we okay? Or do we need to kind of still rearrange something.
Speaker 2: Well, you get Walker a little back in, they're hopefully what you see. Because I asked the question of Doug Peterson about a week ago, you know, I haven't seen the center play all that well, and his response was, well, the guard play hasn't been well in the three different starting left guards, they have had two different guys playing guard on the right side because of the injuries that Brandon Sherriff has had. So my guess is is that once Walker gets back in and Sheriff and the ankle, you know, shores up a little bit, hopefully this rest time gets him back to closer to full strength that we will then see an offensive line that functions better. I think the problem has been the inability on third and short to run the ball straight ahead. Right. Teams have been able to take away third down and short because the offensive line has not been powerful. So I still need to see more and hopefully we see that with Walker Little's emergence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think if they were better in short yardage, this line's play for the first seven weeks would feel more okay. Yeah, And I think it's it's had some stuff in the passing game interns of protection, but most teams have stuff over the course of a season in this day and age, especially when you're in a half two situations.
Speaker 4: So I agree with Brian.
Speaker 3: If you can get you know, third and one, fourth and one in the interior working a little better, and you're say any other thing to remember, davidziv Lyne deserves a little bit of credit.
Speaker 4: When you've get seven rushing touchdown. Yeah, so it's there.
Speaker 3: It's not a tragedy, but there have been moments on third down that are just keeping them from being as good as they want to be.
Speaker 2: But think about Walker Little, who we think is one of the best offensive linemen on this team, maybe the best offensive lineman by performance from what we've seen from him this year. And if you plug him in a guard and he's shown the ability to play there, how much better does he make you? We saw what eight plays.
Speaker 1: Of what say. We didn't get see much of it in that lending game before it, but.
Speaker 2: The word was was that he had adapted well on the practice field and they were excited about what he brought. So I think there's a lot of reason for optimism. And you know, give them credit. They had a quarterback who was playing with a knee brace and we were uncertain and they didn't let him get touched. Right, That's awesome. That is amazing stuff for an offensive line that we didn't think was playing all that well. I think it's a sign of what's to come.
Speaker 1: Also, I want to give a little bit of a shado out to the rookie. Anton Harrison has really stepped up his game the last couple of games, because we were talking about you know, he was in that mix where Chris Joe was coming out. He had that little gauntlet period right there where it was tough on him. He's just working so much better.
Speaker 2: He's smart. You see the way that he maneuvers himself and the little ways at the end at the edge of the pocket as the quarterback stepping up that that he gets his body in the way and keeps Guys, he's been really good the last couple of weeks. He's a really impressive player.
Speaker 1: All right, stay with us, we'll preview what we got going on the rest of the week. Here on jakesam up.
Speaker 4: They get it and it's gonna give us one. He's gonna give him one.
Speaker 5: Or man Rods dropping his car, looking steps forward.
Speaker 1: Fires in the middle of the field. In that ball is picked off by Toya Lewis good off the deflection to the fifteen as he runs it back. Pgles for the pilot, I tell you what about you.
Speaker 2: What boyea a look and run back to the fucking interception.
Speaker 1: For the sport tell you about.
Speaker 2: What I'm telling you what he had a nose who the end zone died through the pylon.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to jag zam Field's Auto Group, Jacksonville. Step up to luxury at Fields Auto dot Com. That's Mike w R. Wrecking Ball Trayvon Walker, and they left out one of my I do want to recommend you guys go watch the full thing because my favorite clip of that is when Derek Carr starts screaming at his receiver. Trayvon's right behind him and contry accent wasn't there.
Speaker 2: You know, for a guy who doesn't say a lot, yeah, he never stops talking on the field.
Speaker 1: Pretty funny.
Speaker 2: And then I mean, the folks haven't seen the special that you did with him on YouTube. They should go back and watch it. He's besides being a really good football player, seems like he's a really good person. I really like him and think that he's the kind of guy you want your locker room.
Speaker 1: He's good and he's a country Georgia boy. So sometimes you need the subtitles on the at least I do. Sometimes you need the subtitles of what he's talking trash about. But you was good what you guys got going on this week? Who are you talking to? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna catch up with Bernie Parmley. I mean, when you've got a running back that's scored two touchdowns in three consecutive games. Plus he's a long time NFL running back and running backs coach and has an appreciation for the importance of the running game and the Steelers and the history of it. So I'm gonna catch up with him and talk about all things running.
Speaker 3: And I'm hoping to talk to Travis on the ozone podcast. Haven't confirmed that yet. We'll be talking to somebody.
Speaker 1: Somebody will be chatting, all right. Stay with us for our JAGXAM episode tomorrow. We're gonna go in depth on that Steelers matchup. Talk to one of our insiders, tell you what you need to know for the game on Sunday,