Speaker 1: Did you guys see the trailer for weapons?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like, oh, because it's too freaky. Yeah yeah, fuck me, that.
Speaker 1: Ship looks so fucking freaky. I yeah, like I'm I get it to remember Jack. A lot of the time when we talk about stuff and as you like newly became a parent, you'd like say stuff like it's really hard to watch man, we got kids, Like, it's just like I can't really.
Speaker 2: I can't even watch nature documentaries. Oh like if like a like if a baby bird, the baby It's just like nature is cruel.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: They're like in this baby cap so so innocent, right, so slow? Your kids like, Daddy, can we watch Blue Planet? You're like, fuck, no, we can't watch Blue Planet. I'm not subjecting you to that violence. But yeah, that's trailing close to its mother's teeth as it is ripped asunder. Wow, which fun is that?
Speaker 1: Is it just the idea about the kids disappearing that freaks you out, or that the kids get real bad and spooky when they disappear.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, all of it. I'm just all of it. I don't like any of it.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm just saying it's too close to home. Man, don't ask any questions.
Speaker 2: My kids wake up in the middle of the night, like single white female. I'm just in their room in the dark, being like, what's up? You good? They're not getting one over on me. Where the fuck do you think you're going to the bathroom? I needed to drink. Make it quick, make it quick. You want water? Going right here? Here's a cup? Go ahead, I lay down, all right. We'll call that a cold open. Justin you good? Yeah, yeah, that works. I mean even the banter up top before we start recording is commodified. Now, man, gosh, that's unbelievable. That was actually that was actually that cold open brought to you by a cold beer you'd like to open? Brought weapons weapons out this summer right, Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three eighty six, Episode.
Speaker 4: Four of DIR Dailyshi Guys.
Speaker 2: Day production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive.
Speaker 2: Into America's share consciousness. America. Oh yeah, oh Thursday May one. Hey, shout out to my eldest who turns nine today. Oh really, it's crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, May Day in America otherwise known as International Workers Day.
Speaker 2: Never heard of it? Miles, this are you?
Speaker 5: We take America's Ship May Day here everywhere else it's a reminder of the power of collective action and and and and just how pivotal the work of all of us laborers do for the economy.
Speaker 2: Okay, but anyway, here we are, it's it's whatever May Day, International's it's International Workers Day, which is it here in America? Miles It's May Day and also international one. Oh, also International Principles Day. Obviously the Law Day. Never heard of law? National Day of Prayer. Jeezus, what I'm saying about National Loyalty Day that's very coded there.
Speaker 1: It is like with an American flag, like, hey, you're loyal to the flag. Now your fellow worker Oral Loyalty Day, A National Chocolate Parfey Day. Okay, we we hit one out of seven. I guess so I'll National Mother Goose Day. Shout out Mother Goose and chocolate parfase unless Mother Goose was like a Nazi or something.
Speaker 2: In the milkshake Goose. Oh the milkshake Goose. Yeah. My name is Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host, mister Miles Gray. Miles Gray can't let the fly.
Speaker 5: Just Lie Raccoon La Tree, shout out to everybody on the discord coming together because.
Speaker 2: Lisserene, Hey, you most be easydishitting pulse. Look Raccoona Tree. Shout out, Sir Roses up the river, helsy On Salad, all the people that got together to make raccoon latrine happen. Because yes, I found out there was such a thing as a raccoon latrine over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Still fascinated by it. So thank you for that that Helse.
Speaker 2: Sal was like, ever since I heard that episode, I can't stop hearing raccoon latrine in the in the the bushes, on the Gli rac Thank you. I'm glad I can contribute to people's earworms. That's great. Miles were filled to be joined in our third seat by one of our favorite guests, one of our favorite humans. He just founded the magazine Mental Fluss, ran the New York studios at iHeart for a while, then went and started Kaleidoscope, a very exciting podcast studio. He once again hosts the show part time Genius. Please welcome back to the show, The brilliant, the talented mangsh.
Speaker 4: I feel like I can't live up to any of that.
Speaker 2: Sweet. That's just what. Yeah, that's a very Kermit. That's a Kermit ass response. Oh yeah, you did you grow up on Kermit?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And everyone told me I was Kermit and I hated it for such a lot, like he's just like a nice guy. But then I realized, like, I like making productions and I live in total chaos as they're happening.
Speaker 2: Very Kermit, Like, Yeah, I've seen you type before where your arms are just flat like this, And.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm a little worried about his carporal tunnel if that's how he's typing.
Speaker 2: But his arms go wild when he's just when his arms up and all over the place. Loves a road trip.
Speaker 1: Loves a road trip. I gotta love a road trip.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Well, it's great to have you back. We're going to get to know you a little bit better at a moment. First, a couple of things that we're talking about. We're gonna take a quick look at the dynamic that's going to get us all killed. Yes, we're gonna look at this. Like meeting that happened with Trump and some of his advisors to celebrate his one hundred days of accomplishments of Winds and just like the yeah, it's it's very dear leader vibes. As you put Miles in this, it's very much like I mean.
Speaker 1: You see it all the time, but you're you're you will get mother goose bumps. Okay, listening to this, it's creepy.
Speaker 2: Now we're gonna look at one of the great genres of American film, the presidential action movie, because they're back. They've got one just dropped called G twenty where Viola Davis is the US President and it's just die hard at the G twenty. And then there's also another one where John Cena plays a Republican president and it looks like shit looks terrible, which it turns out a lot a lot of these presidential action movies where US president's kick ass in retrospect might have been like weird propaganda. I guess I had never a writer. Jam was like, think about if you saw a movie from Russia where like Vladimir Putin was just beating the shit up, it would look so silly, Toss. It would just be like, this is the silliest propaganda. And yet I just went to the movies and was like, Harrison Ford is cool. Yeah, right, I didn't think twice about it.
Speaker 1: Did you see that take where people are trying to say that Indiana Jones was like free from any kind of political commentary. Oh, real conservatives, You're like, no, they're they're trying to project too much meaning under this. You're like, first of all, Harrison Ford is Jewish and he's punching out a bunch of Nazis in his movies.
Speaker 2: But oh, they're trying to be like it wasn't taking a stance on Nazis exactly exactly. Oh wow, it's like it wor all right. Yeah, so I'm just saying people are people are given. Hey, give art your own meaning. Day. One of the great observations about the original raders of the Lost Ark is that if Indiana Jones had not been there, everything would have happened almost exactly the same, Like they would have gotten the arc, they would have opened it, they would have all melted themselves. So in many ways, he was actually trying to help the Nazis. It was actually throw Nazi probably Ganda. I wish you would back shit. Yeah. Anyways, all of that plenty more. But first man, guests, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are.
Speaker 4: So I am working on a show called How to Live Forever right now, which is you know, I'm just so enamored with, like how how these billionaires are spending all their lives like trying believing that they're gonna live to one hundred and sixty and and but they're also like crazy things like cats that like, you know, I think Rick Perry's cousin is helping them live to their thirties.
Speaker 2: They're like cats live to their thirties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with like tiny thimbles of wine, and like there's a whole exercise course for them.
Speaker 2: Wait, is the wine thing real, because like I always assumed that was just wishful thinking. Is it real?
Speaker 4: Well for cats it is, I don't know about us with a little bit of wine. Well wow, okay, I mean it takes the edge off, I guess. But you know, there are all these like things and and they're you know, miracles of science right now, Like they're these dancing molecules that in a lab in Northwestern they have severed mice's spines to make them paraplegic and then give them this injection and within a month they're like walking normally again, and like like the advances in science are unbelievable. But also there's all this like snake oil and like what happens when like billionaires stop like giving their money to society and taking like billionaire's pledge and just like conserving it for you know, when they're living to two hundred or whatever. But in all this research I stumbled into like this rabbit hole on the enhanced Games. Have been paying attention to this, like it's basically an all drug Olympics, and.
Speaker 2: They're doing it.
Speaker 4: I know that it was a one in it, but it is that it's supposed to happen next year, and and there's all this craziness of like trying to figure out where is it going to be because they're like, you know, you can, I think, dope up as much as you want.
Speaker 2: For these Olympics.
Speaker 4: They're getting people who are like retired Olympians and like people who've sort of like failed out of the you know, they were like a fifth place, like swimmer or whatever, and they're getting righted up and and other drugs obviously, and and uh, and then they're getting these huge cash prizes to like beat the like Michael Phelps record or like you know, and and uh, it's just the whole world is fascinating to me, like the fact that, like, you know, the Olympics themselves are are pretty corrupt. It's not like you know, they're there are things where like Ben Johnson.
Speaker 2: And uh car Johnson Man Johnson, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean they took the same drugs, right, like and and one of them is like a hero and the others like you know this pariah and and like Carl.
Speaker 2: Lewis took those drugs too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, come on, Barcelona Olympics.
Speaker 2: So that's been like documented since.
Speaker 4: No but but but but there's a documentary about it, a lot of steroids that that talks about it.
Speaker 2: And Johnson just like didn't hide it as well, because he definitely looked more on steroids than anyone I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Well, I think also, I think the countries are better at hiding it than other countries, right, Like certain doctors are better at hiding it, and so like you know, whether it's like Russia or China are various places. Eastern Germany, right was very very good at hiding it and not hiding it. But anyway, like the fact that like you one, like the countries are trying to bid on whether they can like sportswash through like an all drug Olympics is like kind of stunning to me. And and and also just uh, the people are invested in this because they feel like people like Peter Thiel are invested in because they hope that all these longevity drugs will come out of an Olympics. And it's hard to tell, you know, it's going to be like a fire festival of sport or is it going to be like something that makes money and becomes like you know, regularly washed on TV?
Speaker 2: Or are having it? Where's it located? Have an announced yip international waters right, yeah it?
Speaker 1: Or we're going to see it like the first televised like race where people are having like a heart attack during the butterfly stroke of a swim competition and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, using air while you can literally see his heart pumping out of his chest. I feel like it either needs to be Vegas or Detroit in honor of RoboCop, I'm not sure right like or like or to just be like Saudi Arabia. That makes a lot of sense. Yeah, and and it just like plays it to this whole like weird. There's a GQ article about like everyone you know is on steroids, you know, and it feels like I know this. No, not Jack, I told you I'm not. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had to ask my mom twice. She's everyone I know that she lifted the couch with one head. It was crazy, but.
Speaker 2: Got terrible back acne too, I noticed. Yeah, but it is.
Speaker 4: I mean this whole world of like biohacking and human augmentation, where like people showed up two feet taller or like six inches taller after the pandemic because they'd had those like leg you know, Like like this whole world is so bizarre and it's fascinating to see what'll stick.
Speaker 2: I have some suspicions that there was one time where, like, so I ran into someone I hadn't seen it in a while, and they were definitely taller than they used to be, and I just like wouldn't because I hadn't really thought of that as being a real thing. I wouldn't let it rest. I'd be like, are you so damn? It's crazy. It's like you had a goddamn Rooseburg in your thirties and they yeah, man, just like stop, just like no, I've always been this tall. I don't know what you're talking about. Oh, bro, yeah, I had my bones extended. You're like extension, Yeah, exactly. And you were saying before we record, Brian Johnson is hosting that show with you. That's your co host, the guy his son's boners. So that's cool. No, that's that's Uh, that's that is super interesting. I can't wait to have them have these games. And they can't even get close to the real Olympian records because they were all on steroids too. You know, we'll see. What's something man Gesh. Do you think is underrated? Uh?
Speaker 4: I mean this is this sounds obvious or something, but but like or maybe like it's not a good argument, but but I feel like New York City is underrated or do you say overrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated? Underrated? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think I think New York City is underrated and and I think like it's been under so much attack from people, like like politicians talking about like the crime or like you know, our mayor being ridiculous or like uh, the you know, the the congestion pricing or whatever. But like, I think what's amazing to me is that like when I wander around New York. I just see so many examples of community and and like that to me is like really hopeful in this moment of being sort of terrified by headlines and and and so like like my my son is part of an Afro Cuban jazz band, like all Cuban jazz band, and it's like dope and they all hang out and eat Dominican chicken and like you know, and and like.
Speaker 2: It's just like joyous.
Speaker 4: Or like you walk past like community gardens and and like on my street and two different like two different blocks, they're like people playing dominoes, and it's just like I feel like there's so many different ways I'm part of a co op and and and you know, like just the fact that like I'm doing a cheese shift and I'm hanging out with people who like our school teachers or or owned restaurants or like you know, are are aspiring actors or whatever. It's just like joyous. And I feel like this reminder constantly that you're part of the community, whether it's like you know, taking us away or or or like uh, you know, walking to the bodega and knowing my neighbors.
Speaker 2: Like I'm just really inspired by it. You can't avoid people as easily in New York. No, that's my main complaint with it. They're everywhere. It's what is a cheese shift? Did you say cheese shift? Yeah? Yeah, so that's you're you're taking a shift at the co Op's kind of work in the working as a cheesemonger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I basically working as a cheesemonger. Or you're like like cutting like with the cheese slicer all these like uh various like exotic cheese has to with your kermit ass arms.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's super fast, yeahed my output.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't I mean like there's a there's a shift where you just go take coffee to and hand out coffee on the streets to like U to the unhoused people around us, and and like, I don't know, I love the co Op.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, I agree. Eric Adams is getting way too much negative press.
Speaker 2: Podcast. Yeah, so he's a little quirky, but this is the greatest city in America. You could have a nine to eleven or meet a neighbor at a cheese ship, but the co Op.
Speaker 1: I feel that every time I go to New York. I love walking and just hearing every just kind of New Yorker there is like having an argument or like helping somebody.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly, God yeah you.
Speaker 2: Dead as yeah exactly. But like that is truly like in la we're just so siloed in our cars and you have to be in a specific place with a gift, like with your community or depending on what neighborhood you live in, too. But yeah, there is yeah underrated, Yeah yeah, great, hell yeah. I mean everything like gets in the gets in the news for like bad stuff. Sure, Like we don't just like have a story about, hey, here's a cool thing that happened in New York because like a bunch of people cared about the people. Right. Wait, you you throw congestion pricing in as a bad in with the like bad press. We're big fans of the idea here of congestion pricing. What uh where are we at with congestion pricing? Has it worked? What's the latest there?
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it's great. I mean, like it forces the traffic out of the city and like you know, people and they're all sorts of like you know, if you're special needs for like handicapped drivers or road whatever, like that that's all sort of figured out. So it's it's it's mostly like really rich people who were complaining about like driving within the city from like the upper ear you know, yeah, the upper part of the city in the middle part of the city area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it became like a right wing talking point to be yeah, encroaching on and it's like okay, yeah, all right, but we I mean, like.
Speaker 4: I went on a family vacation like last year to uh to Florida and or two years ago, and and it was like people were just saying, like, oh my god, like New York's the worst, how could you live there? It's so unsafe, like you know, uh and and it.
Speaker 2: Was like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I met on Friday. We had a roller skating party for my kid at like the park and it was just like ah, and it was eight o'clock and it was like eight thirty. It was like filled with all these people playing basketball on table tennis and people have different ages. There's just like people walking along the piers. It's like, I don't know, it's not that bad.
Speaker 2: Oh, it is a great sit man. It's back to New York's and you do like cool stuff. I remember just like talking to you and you were like, all right, I'm going to go to this like art party that we do every Tuesday with my kids where we like just come up when I'm just like, that's so cool.
Speaker 1: Like, I guess, look at the way he walks. They even walk cooler in New York.
Speaker 4: I mean there, that is an amazing thing?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: Like, like my kids both go to public school, but there's like an amazing amount of hubris that comes from like being in.
Speaker 2: New York City.
Speaker 4: Right, Like like my my son walked up to Hemes from Dastrasas to at a party and he was like trying to sell him beats and I was like, Henry, do you make beats? It's like, I don't know, he hasn't rapped in a long time. I feel like I could make something for him.
Speaker 2: Wow. I feel like I get him back out there. Yeah, that's great. Hey, if you can make it there, I've heard it's pretty good. You can make it there. It's pretty good. As they're saying, goes man, guess what's something you think is overrated? I think mean pranks are overrated. I feel like like the Shire Sanders thing like, and I feel like I feel like there's like a whole class of people that don't understand like that pranks can just be like sweet or funny or like, I don't know, there's something about pranks that really bother me, and like and the way that people are not figuring out what funny is. Like I almost feel like we need like a prank hotline for kids to call up to like figure out like whether their prank is is is biable or not. That's just mean, yeah, I mean yeah, but like like I because I read about that at the same time I was like traveling, so I didn't read about the like I guess when the Martin short was on stage for the Saturn Night Live thing and and he thanked everyone at the end for the credits, and then Fred Armison came up to him and he was like, did you mean to call Paul McCartney Tony McCartney and like and then for like two days, like you thought it's like just a simple prank and that's like really funny versus like I was looking online, they're like kids who've like spilled boiling water on their friend because they thought hot water and kids in the hospital, it's like that's not a prank. It's like, you know, I feel like, yeah, yeah, it would be useful. So yeah, making Martin Short feel a little bit insecure for two days is uh funny. But yeah, like making somebody who is at like their all time professional low as they like keep sliding through the draft think they're about to get picked and then like have that not happen isn't funny and like it's like conceivable scenario. It's like tragedy. Like I yeah, I can't really figure out where they were coming from other than yeah, I mean there's just like cruelty as fun as comedy.
Speaker 1: Which right exactly, it's an extension of that. And like the attention that kid was getting was merely because it's like, oh, dude's what's We've just totally fucked with Shador Sanders and that was enough to get you know, his little bit of clout online.
Speaker 4: I think I think that's part of it, is like the Times have created this like swing back to like cruelty and comedy, and often like hack comics get to like say it's like infringing on free speech when it's just really bad comedy, you know, like and and so like I think there's something in there with a it's not fully formed, but something with like the mean pranks falls into that, and I like the next generation to be funnier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be cool if they were funny. Yeah, it's just like before it was like punching, punching up and then and we would tell people not to punch down, and now just like punching is funny and yeah, yeah, just like punching, uh little jig, sharing a punch, anything that makes somebody feel a little bit worse. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back and we're back us us Yeah, who us me? Yeh. By the way, there there is a piece of information from obviously mangsh like, you know, just a font of fascinating information that like I'm pretending like I've gotten over and like I've continued on with the conversation, but I have, in fact not been able to think about anything else that Like cats drink wine like good good for them. It fits so well with cats. Yeah, these like sophisticated little fuckers hanging around like French salons and drinking like some red wine and their little signal chats talking about what they're gonna do. Yeah, yeah, exactly, Anyways, I just want to acknowledge because I'm assuming everybody who's listening it's like, wait, what did cats drink fucking wine? I mean, do you give it to them? They do and they'll live to thirty that it sounds like the most TikTok ass ship though too where someone' was like, dude, I gave my cat wine and it's living till thirty now. And how much wine, like a like a whole like a jeroboam a night. That's that's the big ass bottle. But anyway, yes, cigarettes, Yeah, two Street bottle red wine. But shout on Nikroll. Let's talk about the people who are gonna get us killed. They're gonna get us killed.
Speaker 1: Look, we talked on yesterday's show about how Trump's advisors and cabinet officials are just constantly lying to him, and it's becoming more and more apparent from the way Trump talks about things where he's like, well, my people told me that's fine, and it's actually legal, and actually the thing that wasn't an l was actually that was a win. All that to say is all they do is reaffirm his beliefs that he is not bad at his job or that people don't hate him, and I think seeing this little bit of a get together that happened for his one hundred days really underlines that. But first I really want to talk about this one clip we saw on the last day. He had an interview with ABC where he really let his old man that believes Facebook shit posts flag fly and he was asked about Kilmar Abrego Garcia and how the man that is innocent and is no way part of MS thirteen ended up in a Salvadoran prison. Trump insists that he is bad because he has MS thirteen tattooed on his hands, which is a reference to a shitty photo that is clearly not showing an actual MS thirteen tattoo, Like if it's like his hand where he has like a weed leaf my lee face across in a skull and above someone just like in MS.
Speaker 2: Paint was like MS one three. That's what all these things mean. And I think Trump basically believes that that image is real that that over I don't anyway here he is arguing with Terry Moran from ABC about it, and this is just a fucking wild back and forth because this is another one of those instances where you're seeing a journalist push back against Trump and absolutely not budging. And it just gets to the point where he's like, what's going on? What are you? What are you doing here? You're being not nice.
Speaker 1: Here's Trump and Terry Moran.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a member of a gang. And then they looked and on his knuckles he had MS thir there's wait a minute, Wait a minute, he had MS thirteen.
Speaker 8: He had some tattoos that are interpreted that way.
Speaker 2: But let's move on.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: I will tear it Terry.
Speaker 8: He did not have the letter MS one.
Speaker 2: It says MS one three. That was photoshop. So let me get photos.
Speaker 3: Terry that Hey, they're giving you the big break of a lifetime.
Speaker 2: You know you're doing the interview. I picked you because, frankly.
Speaker 6: I never heard of you.
Speaker 3: But that's okay you Terry, but you're not being very nice. He had MS thirteen.
Speaker 2: Tattoo, will agree to disagree.
Speaker 3: I want to rive on to something Elsearry, Oh my god, do you over show you the picture?
Speaker 8: I saw the picture. Well, yes, he didn't have tattoos that can be interpreted that way. I'm not an expert on them. I want to turn to Ukraine.
Speaker 2: I want to get to you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he had m s as clear as you can be, not interpreted. This is why people no longer believe well the news because.
Speaker 9: When photograph and honey, this goes on, Why did he not just let him show him the fucking picture so he could say, yo, that is He's like that that part is new Roman.
Speaker 2: It is typed on the picture.
Speaker 9: That's Mariel New Yes, sir, it is.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Sarah Times new Roman. Okay, I did not really because yeah, people were like no, I mean he knows that it's just that that was written on there. He wasn't claiming that that was the actual thing. And then he he's just like you, no, no, let me get this exactly where day. Let me get this as clear as I can that I'm wrong about this. Terry, Terry, honey. He sounds like, you're right. You remember the Linda Honey, baby, Linda look it, yeah, Linda, Linda, look at honey. That's kind of what he reminds me of.
Speaker 1: And you know, again, I thought, because there's a photo of him when he first had this photo in the Oval office to justify why kill mar Brego Garcia has disappeared like that he was holding this up, and he posts that photo regularly to try and justify this illegal trafficking of people, and I again like you, I was like, I feel like he's just trying to have it both ways, but clearly in this interaction he believes that what that photo is is the genuine depiction of what his tattoos actually are.
Speaker 2: And again, Trump believes this because all of the people enacting his illegal orders have to convince Grandpa that everything they do has some kind of real life justification even if it doesn't. And all of like this sucking up and lying to his face to keep him from becoming like a seen ale toddler, well again made painfully clear when his cabinet gathered to pat him on the back for the worst first one hundred days of any presidency in the history of Earth. But oh my god, I can't like and then him being like, you're being very you're not being very nice. That being just so I mean that you just get such a clear picture of like how this whole thing works. He's just trying to ram through something that is in his mind that is just made up by being like, you're not being very nice. I picked you. I'm like giving you the chance of a lifetime, like you know, a sexual harassing boss.
Speaker 4: And totally he also sounds so old right, like he's like slurring. Speech feels off. It feels like like he's making this argument, and he sounds so tired and like he counts. It's just sprised.
Speaker 2: Terry, Terry commit, Terry, look at this picture. Man, don't lie.
Speaker 10: MS thirteen clears day, Come give me the MS thirteen picture. Terry the kids and wins with computers. I tell him turn off the computer. I look over the computers up and I say, hey, you do that?
Speaker 2: You mean, man, I did you hear that?
Speaker 11: I look at you, Brego Garcia and I look at his MS thirteen tattoos and I go.
Speaker 2: I look at him. I see that they look like they're printed in a like three inches above his hands somehow and terrible.
Speaker 11: If I was his tattoo artist, I'd say, why is it placed like you did it? Yeah, it's just fucking just so painful like that we have the senile autocrat just like isn't even It's like it's I don't even why.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why aren't you better at this? You? You suck it? Even being an autocrat. This is so fucking not that even I want the better.
Speaker 1: Like that's where I'm I'm like even I'm like, y'all, you're playing in our fucking faces with how bad and senile you are.
Speaker 2: This is just so offensive. We're already in the like Death of Stalin phase of this autocracy where it's just like this guy is just like it behind the scenes. He's just like making these people do like pig on the floor or whatever the fuck that oh yeah, right on the floor ship, Like you know, he's just back there just making people humiliate themselves. It's also we wonder where a cool sense of humor comes from. Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Like that mixed with like that scene that everyone memes from the movie Downfall where all of like the furres and roles are telling him how.
Speaker 2: I was thinking of that seat every day for the past three years. That's like, truly what this cabinet is like. It's like, dude, fuck, this guy's on meth and we got to keep him from having a fit. And again, so this first hundred days cabinet gathering just a total shit show. Again, straight up, dear leader nonsense here. Attorney General Pam Bondy really kicks it off with a heartfelt thank you, mister President, and really just sets the tone for every other cabinet official after this. So here's Terry BONDI really again just saying God, President Trump, thank you.
Speaker 12: Okay, President, your first one hundred days has far exceeded that of any other presidency in this country ever, ever, never seen anything like it. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yo. By the way, we talked on yesterday's trending about AI that like knows how to talk to you by mimicking how you speak. She's like, she sounds like she is like reading from a ever speak never ever, ever in the history of the whole country, mister President.
Speaker 1: It's just like ye, mister President. I mean, the way you've turned this country around. I'm just flabbergasted. I'm wondering myself bad.
Speaker 2: You did it, you know.
Speaker 5: And so she goes on then to say that Trump saved two hundred and fifty eight million lives again.
Speaker 2: Wait, yes, just listen, she goes you hear this media dune.
Speaker 1: Just just follow the logic, Jack, follow the logic, baby, Pam BONDI take it away.
Speaker 12: Thirty four hundred kilos a fentanyl since you've been your last hundred days, which say are you ready for this? You have two hundred and fifty eight million lives. Kids are dying every day because they're taking this junk laced with something else. They don't know what they're taking. They think they're buying a tile in all or an out or and ax and.
Speaker 3: X.
Speaker 2: I got I got a fucking splitting headache. Man, you got any tile and all? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I got that Fen tie all bro if you mean that? Yeah, Fenn tile and all. Wait, two hundred and fifty million people would be like three quarters of population.
Speaker 2: We're three hundred million? Are we three? Three fifty? Yeah? Or whatever? That's so again, like vegans is point about everyone knows on steroids. It's like everyone you know was taking fentanyl. We were all going to be dead right now. Yeah, it weren't for this man in front of you.
Speaker 1: So again, this set the theme that I want to play e p A Administrator Lee Zelden. Now, like now the tone has been set. This is full on succession ship now and everybody like they get called on to give an update. Everyone starts off with some kind of absolute solo on.
Speaker 2: Today is a special day for many reasons. The biggest reason why we're here is that this is the one hundredth day of the most consequential, historic first one hundred days. Look at his energy country the first hundred days, mister president, she already said that, get on with it. Okay, we already got that ship moved along. Lee Yo, Lie's like there they all seem like they're turning into the same person. Like Lee's album looks exactly like Sean Spicer like yeah, yeah, you know, like it's just like there's there's a certain person that they're all turning into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris right, it was his opportunity to to take the stage and and tell Trump again how great he is really bringing that energy.
Speaker 13: Christer President, you ran on American energy, and one hundred days have shown the tremendous impacts that can arise from the unleashing you have enabled that.
Speaker 2: Highlights you have been.
Speaker 13: Oil, gasoline diesel prices are the lowest they've been in years.
Speaker 1: Also, there's a headline today about how his policies are actually causing a lot of uncertainty for fossil fuels right now that they're even like uh fuck, what are we supposed to do? So yeah, there there are endless clips. Jd Vance had a moment, Doug Bergham had a moment. They're all they all were just having to outdo each other and like be this thing where it's like this is this is amazing. So I mean, again, this is just showing us that these people are basically like Truman showing Trump like in real time and creating this like alternate reality for him to operate in. And I'm sure this will lead to the most rational decision making we've ever seen.
Speaker 2: When people are telling.
Speaker 1: Me you're infallible and absolutely, I mean, we've like that.
Speaker 2: It's the thing with like then nine nothing Supreme Court decision that we talked about yesterday that at first he was like nine nothing Supreme Court decision. Yeah, that one went for us, right, and everyone thought he was just being like an asshole and that it turns out they just told him. He was like, that's not what my people told me. They told me that the nine zero went was very good for us. It was very good for us. Like he's just not getting the real information. It's wild.
Speaker 1: Again, this is like what I was saying, I liken it to your parents are out of town and you're really old. Grandpa's watching you, and you know you can get him to let you do wild shit if you just kind of give enough of like a squasi realistic explanation and he's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, I can play with.
Speaker 4: But there's stuff like even he can't believe it, like he made that supposed to joke about like like being pope, right, and then like Lindsay Graham's like, oh, you'd make a great pope, right, like right, and the idea of like someone something make it great hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually that's a very good point, Lindsay. I mean, get them on the phone, get to get the Vatican on the phone. There's still time.
Speaker 1: No, but again, like it's probably it will turn into something where Trump could even be being flippant and then.
Speaker 2: Someone's gonna take it serious.
Speaker 1: It's like I thought you wanted us to bring an entire nuclear strike fleet off the coast of Taiwan.
Speaker 2: No, I oh sorry I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is just again I don't know where this leads, but it's really indicative of like a lot of these how these other interests have really captured the White House and now know how to manipulate and get whatever they want done. Again, not to absolve Trump of any responsibility here. But this is how this White House is moving, Like people are able to get ideas into his head, get him to do it, and then tell him it's okay, and then he defends it and for him, Like I'm sure a lot of this, many of this stuff aligns with his worldview, but it's just freaky when you just see how aggressive these people, like, how much, how sycophantic this if that's even a word.
Speaker 2: The cabinet of sycophants do their dance. Thank you, That's my poem for the day. Damn fucking bars.
Speaker 6: Yeahs do their dance.
Speaker 7: It's like a fans will make them dance, will make them dance. Oh, your journal list is honest. I'm a sick of fan. There you go. That is why, like it does seem to have stepped up a new level.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know, I just having that meeting in a packed room in front of TV cameras, and the whole premise of the meeting just seems to be I go around and I point to you, and you glaze me for like three minutes in a row, and then I point to another person and they do the same thing, but from their department let go. Yeah, yeah, it's yeah, man.
Speaker 1: So that's the state of things right now as we continue to see all kinds of nonsense come out of the White House. But I think it's being able to see how it all comes together. It's just instructive or not at least helps us really see how everything is really operating.
Speaker 2: There have we gotten any other reporting that's like these people are fun terrified behind the scenes, probably not right, Like nobody's being given access like they have to in reality be in that position where they're like they're thinking going into every day is like how do we keep this lunatic on the rails?
Speaker 1: That's I mean, but that's all that's been the reporting for every person who's worked with him from the beginning, you know, And.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering, like what if there's any honesty going on at all about that within this administration.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the only thing that really got Trump to come around on like tariffs, and even not that even came around, but at least out like softened the rhetoric was when he saw the bond market like taking the ship, and that's when he's like, oh I know about that, And clearly something got to him there. But you know, I think if enough people tell him the same thing, he'll probably believe it. Then that's seems to be the case.
Speaker 2: I will say, we now have two administrations in a row with like elderly people who people who the people around them just couldn't tell them shit, just could not tell Joe Biden fucking anything. He was like, you know what, whether it be Gaza or whether it be you're too fucking old and people don't like you, like he that was news to him when it finally came out, even like and he still thinks like it was a conspiracy to like take him down. No, is a conspiracy to keep you in fam Yeah, I think this is. This is a like I think we have plenty of evidence that maybe the president that bad institution that we need to take another look at. Yeah, well or at least term limits. We'll get to that in a little bit. Yeah, maybe twenty thirty years. So we'll take a look at that. Let's take a quick break. Then we'll come back and look where we got some of our ideas about the presidency. They're all super realistic and good. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and there's a slight uptick in one of the all time great movie genres, the presidential action movie. I don't know if you guys are fans of hey, for.
Speaker 1: Whatever reason, I really did not fuck with like these movies.
Speaker 2: Not that it's just to be like yo, I'm like I was. I was seeing four D. I just I just didn't get it. Like I remember when Air Force one came out all like so many of my friends like the fucking air Force one plane. Yeah, and for me, I was like, yo, Harrison Ford, it moves so like like a fragile old guy. I'm like, y'all didn't see Patriot Games and Clear and President Danger. Bro, he's not built for action like that. Like I get what he's doing. But yeah, but look, I'm not gonna say I don't watch him. But not for me.
Speaker 1: My favorite I think movie president Bill Pullman.
Speaker 2: In depends he was the one. So it's interesting to like think about movie presidents and how they overlap and like what just again, like to Jam's point, I write her, Jam was like, think about this if it was any other country, and like that country was making a movie about their president just beating the ship out of all the bad guys, it's it's like hilarious propaganda when you take a step back, but because we're inside of the context of American propaganda, people are just like Harrison, I'd elect Harrison for my president. The Rock should run for president. Dude.
Speaker 1: Imagine imagine Margaret Thatcher beating the fuck out of the Argentinians during the Falklands War.
Speaker 2: Dude. Oh fuck yeah.
Speaker 14: Dude, that would have done huge funk.
Speaker 2: Around and find out would be the name of that movie. I think. Early this month, Amazon Prime released G twenty, which is essentially Die Hard, but with the G twenty Summit instead of an office Christmas party. It started Viola Davis as the US President, who's like a cross between John McLean and Kamala Harris the most brat. She's brat, but she's also hungover and had enough and wearing a top, like a ripped, bloody tank top. It's definitely like one where they were like, we think we know which way the election is gonna go. She's wearing a tank top. She's wearing a tank top on the poster. Wow, Oh they're really John mclaney this shit, yeah, because you'll never see a president in a fucking tank top, like even though, like I mean, it was like Obama hooping.
Speaker 4: You got your tan tak top right right, yeah, but it was too tan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She even like has a conversation with the bad guy who is a bearded who like has a beard, and like she's talking to him on a walkie talkie throughout, just like Diehard. That's it is legit, Just like what if Diehard was at the G twenty summit that Wowright? Oh and it's Anthony Starr from the Boys. Okay, okay, yeah, I don't know. I don't watch The Boys, but he looks.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, yeah, yeah, he's the he's the main.
Speaker 2: To hanging out too busy hanging out with the boys. Watch the Boys, you know, he's Homelander on the Boys. Yeah. So this one was like, we're putting our chips down on Kamala. She's gonna win. This movie is going to be about a right wing crypto terrorist who trying to like crash the global economy to help bitcoin or some shit that's actually in the that's on the movie's poster help bitcoin or some shit, I don't know, help bitcoin or some ship dude. And then Prime is also leasing Heads of State, which will start John Cena as an action star turned president, so like Arnold Schwarzenegger, if he was born in America would have probably already been our president by now, who like gets thrown into a real life emergency along with British Prime Minister Idris Elba.
Speaker 1: I love that they're really swinging for the fences of that one. It's like, dude, we also need like a hot prime minister also to really make this get Idris Elba get him in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like it's like a Reagan Schwarzenegger mashup, and he's clearly a Republican because he has like a giant red tie the whole time, which perfect timing Amazon Prime on this one. That's what everybody wants to see.
Speaker 1: You think they like, do you think he was seen as supposed to be a Democrat and then Trump went and then Jeff Bezos like had him color correct the tie to be drum just like just didn't get any smoke. He's like, yeah, it was actually like inspired by you because you're exactly like John Cena, do same hairline and everything.
Speaker 2: It was played by George Clooney and then they just replaced him with John Cena using AI.
Speaker 4: But don't you think, Like I mean, for as much as like this is us propaganda for like like it's sort of I don't know who saw someone in Middle America or something like, this type of movie is the type of movie that could influence Trump, right, Like you could actually be making propaganda for one if you like, if you set this thing and then you like put in an argument about like you know why you shouldn't put hiked tariffs or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa, don't give his cabinet ideas. Now you would actually need to ingrain, like encode all of the messaging that you wanted into the fight scenes. Because as we know, people talking about his cinema, like what he does with movies, and like he actually has you cut out all the in between parts of Van Damn movies. It's just wall to wall the fight parts. Yeah. Yeah, that's a real story that like he had somebody edit all of Van Dam's movies just so it was just the fighting. Because there's too much story. I guess.
Speaker 1: Someone just show him just go on YouTube and should and look up Van Damn best fight scenes, right, showing he.
Speaker 2: Didn't know the computer whiz to do that for him. Wait a second, but yeah, I don't know. It's so I think this hit its peak in the nineties when all the examples that we've been talking about. Bill Pullman was obviously, you know, gives a pretty rousing speech about uh Independence Day, Independence Day in Independence Day as Independence Day, in which he cut the speech comes to the climax with the titular words Independence Day. But he actually Bill Pullman accused George W. Bush of copying his Independence Day character by cosplaying as a fighter pilot right before he gave his mission accomplished speech, which probably right, Like, I mean what we know of Washington, Like they pay attention to movie iconography, and you know, they know the power of it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and also just leaning into like he's like and yeah, George Bush is kind of in the military, depending on which way you look at it. So it all looks great, It all looks great. But yeah, so Air Force one is the big one. It's like, the protagonist of the movie is the president. He is an action hero. He is like somehow becomes the underdog even though he's the president. The movie literally includes scenes in which the hijacker villain reveals that the president keeps murdering civilians with smart bombs yep, and the president is We're just like, yeah, but he's I don't know, but that's I'd have a beer with Harrison Ford, you know. Oh yeah, very it's a very pre nine to eleven mentality where it's like, I mean, if we're dropping bombs, it's because it's on bad people. R right, That's that's all I that's that's the extent of my foreign policy knowledge as an American. If we drop bombs, it's for a good fucking reason, Okay, and they deserved it probably, Yeah, I mean it is funny. That scene just goes over everyone's head. It's like, dude, this, why IS's he complaining about smart bombs?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Kick his ass? President Harrison Ford. Yeah, he's basically complaining about like Bush George W. Bush doctrine like policies even and like is confronted by the consequence of that and Obama, you know, but he's a cool guy who beats people up. So we're on board. And then presidents themselves have like, in addition to w trying to pull pull out the uh the flight suit. Yeah, I was in the Air National Guard. Bush and Trump both used the movie's score at events that like air Force one score.
Speaker 1: I wonder if he likes Air Force one enough that like we could all run a collective sigh up on it.
Speaker 2: Like release the director's cut of Air Force one.
Speaker 1: He get, like I think they should. And it's the most engineered thing to fuck with Trump's brain that we've ever seen. Be like, wow, I'm gary Oldman.
Speaker 2: Trump has himself suggested he's a big fan of Air Force one and loves Harrison Ford because he stood up for America Arison Ford had to be like, so that was a movie. But and then Jamie Fox played an action hero Obama in white House Down. Are you guys white House down or just down? Franchise fans?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, down for it all down for Jerry Butler.
Speaker 2: Wait that, oh yeah white House What were the other one? Whatever?
Speaker 1: The other downs? Or is that part of Olympus Has Fallen?
Speaker 2: Olympus has Fallen? White House Down?
Speaker 1: No, there's the Has Fallen series? Yeah, I think white House Down is like when we thought white House Down was Dante's Peak, that.
Speaker 2: Was Channing Tatum. Wow, Okay, you know, no idea, this is movies.
Speaker 1: What are the two Magician films that came out at the same time it's like that kind.
Speaker 2: Of the illusionist. Yeah, exactly where it's like is Olympus has faun or a white house down describing kind of the same thing. That's crazy. Yeah. And then I mean they even made a JFK action movie about his like World War two heroics while he was in office. There we Go just like made an action movie was starring the president while he was the president p T. One oh nine And it came out like a month before he was assassinated. Oh, it's crazy. That's why I'm glad they came up with rotten tomatoes and fan meter. So if you have more constructive ways of voicing your displeasure about a film, you think that's why you think that's what went down? It could be. Yeah, I mean I know you're into the day. I mean have you have you thought have we considered that? Yeah? We just saw that movie and I was like, not a fan. You know what, I'm gonna do something about it. He had some rotten tomatoes next to him and a rifle.
Speaker 4: Have you heard about that Jackie Kennedy movie that she made, That home movie of Kennedy being like a spy or like it's like she directed it at their house and it's just like a little home movie. But he's like play acting being a spy. No, it's like the home action movie. I guess wow.
Speaker 2: There. I am fascinated by the way. Now it is like the one president that I feel like does have a backstory that is like he did something that's like straight up in action, like what he did in World War Two. Was staged his.
Speaker 1: Own murder in the Amateurs spy movie.
Speaker 4: It's not crazy. It was like it was like a month before or something.
Speaker 2: There was all sorts of shit. I mean the day of he was like, look, if somebody, look Jackie, if somebody wants to shoot me from a hotel balcony, that like it's going to happen. Like he was like he knew what could happen, and was just like, huh, you know what I mean. Whatever, They're like, we don't really love this for you right now. That's like open top driving through a city that is like wildly blood thirsty for you. Like they took out a full page ad calling you like an enemy of the people, and he was like, you know, what are you gonna do? Right? And it's all about art, It's all about the eye. That's right, and then the Secret Service were too hungover to argue with him, So all right, man, this fucking guy. Whatever. Anyways, I can't wait to see these new movies. So I know who to vote for next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, I'm voting for Viola Davis.
Speaker 2: Man. Gosh, what a pleasure having you back on the show. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 4: I'm on Instagram at particular and you can listen to part Time Genius weekly at iHeart.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And when when is the new show about Living Forever coming out? Because I do plan on living forever, so that's going to actually be beautiful for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's supposed to be fall of next year, so hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 1: I guess I'll stop smoking cigarettes until then we figure out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do they have anything? Do they say anything about cigarettes? We're still that one. It's back.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you it's back. Beyonce brought smoking back. I'm telling her telling you the Cowboy Carter Tour. I smoke a cigarette after there you go, you need to after Beyonce show. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a there's like a little phone game called three hundred and sixty eight Chickens, and it's like super addictive and you're just trying to line up chickens and like it, every time you line them off, it like takes off two chickens or three chickens of a kind or whatever. And it's kind of hard to beat. But once you beat it and you freed all the chickens, it locks you out of the game and you can never play it again.
Speaker 2: And I just think that is amazing.
Speaker 6: That's amazing. Wow, it different very short period. Yeah, that's so wild.
Speaker 2: Miles, where can people find you as their work of media you've been enjoying? Find me on all the places that have at symbols at Miles of Gray, and find Jacket out of the basketball podcast Miles and Jacket Mad Boots Boosties.
Speaker 1: You can find us or find me also talking ninety four to twenty day Fiance obviously on the heels of the one hundred men Versus Gorilla thing, naturally at just k y one oh one eight posted what if one hundred men saw a therapist instead? Spent way too much time hypothesizing on how to defeat the gorilla because it's.
Speaker 2: How you doing man be okay, okay, all right, ma'am, No man, we need like Ocean's one hundred. Basically, I will say that conversation completely hijacked the episode. Yesterday I realized, like, wait, this show could be mostly about that debate for a couple months in a way that people couldn't believe.
Speaker 1: It's like, dude, every day they debate the one hundred men versus gorilla thing.
Speaker 2: Tweet I've been enjoying at sun of Ali tweeted there should be a separate TSA line for people who are apparently experiencing their first day on Earth shoes on their hands.
Speaker 6: I I'm wearing my laptop as a hat, trying to crawl into the X ray machine on the belt.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack underscorel Brian on Blue Sky at jack Obi the number one. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily z Seikeis. We're at the Daily Zeikeist. On Instagram. You can go to the description of the episode wherever you're listening to it, and you will find the footnote, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy, Miles, is there a song that you think the people might enjoy? Yeah, let's you know.
Speaker 1: I was inspired by seeing a diva the other night and I thought of another one, Ria Carry.
Speaker 2: But then I said, what about some old with the new? And this is a don't This is a Don't Forget About Us by Mariah Carey like remix with k Trinada, one of my favorite producers. So Mariah Carey and Kate Trinada O K Trenada Don't Forget about Us k Tranada remix. Check it out. There we go. Uh we will link after that in the footnotes for all these guys. The production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning. We are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye. The Daily zeit Geist is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bee Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, edited and engineered by Justin Connor.