Speaker 1: Welcome back to a Bachelor Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: I'm Cheerity and I'm Rachel, and today we have a very special guest who is a longtime Bachelor fan, Jenny McCarthy. Jenny, Welcome to Bachelor Happy Hour.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I'm excited to talk to you guys.
Speaker 4: The Love vaccination as we know it, which we're I love when like Bachelor fans and just people who have really watched the show and seen it from really start to finish come on this podcast because there's just so much to dive into, and as we know it, this show has truly changed over the years. So I want to get into literally your history of being a Bachelor fan. What about the show itself hooked you like? What made you so intrigued by it?
Speaker 3: The funny thing is I've probably been watching this before you guys were born, the same way. I'm an og Bachelor Nation girl. So the reason why I, well, I know why I love it, but I also think people love it too, is there's an hopefulness, there's an awkwardwardness. Even though it's on TV and things are polished, you can't escape the awkwardness of the first meetings. You can't escape the awkwardness of the first dates, and it's really cool to watch. Of course, egos come alive competitions insecurity, but also the ones who are confident. You actually can learn a lot by watching the show because you go like this, Oh, I don't want to be like her, or oh, I want to be like her. There's so much that you can learn, and I always have fun watching people. Everybody does this. I don't want to say just the Bachelor people. Because this is televised, you get to watch it happen in real time. People send out their representatives. And what do I mean by that? Whenever we start dating someone the first two years, we have our representative pretty much representing us.
Speaker 5: What is that look like?
Speaker 3: It means? It means like your boyfriend might be like, you know, you like watching football, I love watching football, and then two years later you're like, I freaking hate watching football because your representative has It's almost like masking a little bit because you want to be perfect. You want them to like you. It's just a normal part of human nature. So to watch it happen on the TV show, you know you're getting a crash course in it, but because of the competition, you get to see the ugliness side quicker than you would in a normal relationship. You're going to see, you know. And I give those girls a lot of credit because I don't know if I can handle. I'm a scorpio and very jealous, so I would be like I would go south Side Chicago.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Wait, So if there was another world, would you have ever been the Bachelorette?
Speaker 3: If they asked cool, I have some gossip for you. You're ready to die that they just started the Bachelorette. I know how many years they were into it. And I was newly divorced, and I called my agent and I said, I want you to call them and I want you to pitch me as the Bachelorette. I want you to tell them that Jenny McCarthy from MTV singled out the number one dating show of all time, is single and now wants to be on the show. And I was, you, guys don't know, but my show back in the day day, I was a ball busting like shut up to the guys, like I had no fear. But I was also like genuinely looking for love. And I was like, I wouldn't make the greatest bachelorette. Of all time, and the show said, quote, we don't want famous people on the show now cut to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, they're gonna I'm like, I would have done. You guys don't understand. I would have. It would have been the most ultimate Bachelor Nation season of all time because I would have I would have had so much fun with those boys. I would have made out with all of them, just so awesome on that show.
Speaker 1: I feel robbed. We couldn't see this all right.
Speaker 3: I'm so mad still to this day, I'm always like they missed their chance. But then Amy Schumer I saw years later, also called and said, hey, I want to be the Bachelorette, and they said the same thing to her. No, I feel like they're kind of missing out on the celebrity version. They can literally call it the celebrity version of Bachelorette, because I think I would really really do what they've got other celebrity versions of everything else. Why wouldn't you do a celebrity version of Bachelorette? But they're lost now because now I'm happily married love that.
Speaker 1: Oh No, that really would have been a season.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I do think, like you know now in modern days, I don't even like saying that, Just like now in time, I feel like they are trying to obviously as we know it, try new things and see how.
Speaker 1: Well it sticks in land.
Speaker 4: But I think, yeah, you know, there is a world where people yeah, big following or something like, you know, it could be could be helpful. I'm like, I would love to see Rob from Traders as our bachelor, Like do you know Rob ra am I saying yeah, yeah, yeah, And I could do.
Speaker 3: It with the forgive me because I didn't watch the show, The Mormon wide show The Woman That Did Not Thing did not air, but that was their first attempt to cross the cross contaminate.
Speaker 1: On that one, and that's fair.
Speaker 2: Is there anyone that you would like to see in that role if they were ever to do a celebrity season?
Speaker 3: Now that Amy Schumer is single, right, didn't she get it? Just announce her divorce?
Speaker 1: Oh I did? I? Oh I might?
Speaker 3: Is that google that real quick?
Speaker 1: She would be.
Speaker 4: Hilarious, No insane, insane one fact check me on that.
Speaker 3: I couldn't make it, yeah, the dream, but she would be She would probably do all the things that I would have done if I was on the show.
Speaker 4: Oh, beyond like, it would be a completely different show if she was. You know what I would have done to completely different?
Speaker 3: I am so, but I also know how to make great TV, so it would been a little bit of me trying to find love. Me just make it out of the guys because I could, because it's okay on that show. But then also I would have fun pitting them against each other.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's like, I'm starting the pot completely. I'm like, I feel like they do a good job of that one their own. They do.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: But I would have been like, man, Brian really really shoved his tongue down my throat and I liked it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Mean, Oh my gosh, this is the type of personality.
Speaker 1: This is exactly what we need.
Speaker 2: And I feel like in this role, if you did bring a celebrity on, do you think they would be okay dating just the average everyday person or do you think the contestants would have to be celebrities as well?
Speaker 3: No, I think one hundred percent celebrities want to date real people. It's just a matter of finding a real person that knows how to stay in their lane. What I mean by that is sometimes your partner can feel insecure no matter what job they have, you know, whether that be a famous even football player and an actress. But with someone, let's say, a really amazing attorney and the best in their field, they're still going to have an insecurity. So as long as the non celebrity feels good in their position and their place in life, that's what the celebrity would love to date. They you know, look at camera Dias in the cameraman right, it's like there is hope for you know, the celebrity non celebrity. It's just a matter of finding that confident guy or girl that won't get caught up in the fame drama.
Speaker 1: I agree more, I one hundred percent agree. Where do you feel like?
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've been watching Bachelor up until this point or if you've taken some pauses totally.
Speaker 3: Understands what you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unders Like.
Speaker 4: I guess how casting has, like I guess, changed over the years. Obviously, when like Trista was like our first bachelorette, it was very like everybody had you know, nine to fives. Obviously, social media and influencing and all of that has created such a shift in like careers and what is like, I guess deemed as like oh, what we want to see and what people want to do more of. But I also think that indirectly or directly plays a role in how the show is casting because I feel like now it adds this extra layer of like almost like people being superficial, and it's like you have to pull back that layer of like, Okay, are you really here looking for love or do you just want like a good opportunity, a good role to like make great TV. So where do you feel like casting can improve in that department of selecting to come on this show?
Speaker 3: But that's a really beautiful question, Tardan. I love the way you kind of set that up so nicely. This is if you were to ask me who my favorite bachelor of bachelrette of all time, it would be Trista. It would be Trista because she was the first one that was able to come in before the word influencer became an actual name in the dictionary. She went in there looking for true love and guess what she found it? She found it. So that's what was so great about her story, and really everyone should thank her because she proved she proved it just so happened that the first one actually it worked for but she proved to everybody else this isn't just a gimmick, This isn't a game show. You can actually find your happy labor after And to your point, the problem now is a lot of times people will make this their job, this their occupation. And you know, if you think about it, it is more difficult though to be like if you're let's say at a job you have an attorney, you're an attorney or something, you'd be like, you know, I'm leaving for three months. It's hard to leave a job to go do something for three months. You usually you find people who maybe are wanting to be influencers that have those you know, those kind of occupation or trainer. You know how many trainers have we said, because there's a life coach, so many, so many because their schedules are more open. So I can see why casting gets inundated with those, and their schedule allows them to come on the show. So it's not all casting's fault. Those are that that's the pool that's more available. The problem is that pool also is trainer slash influencer, health coach slash influencer. You know, it kind of goes with those kind of jobs. So I don't know how they can improve it other than, you know, finding people that are okay leaving their jobs and really staying away from those typical, stereotypical, you know, occupations.
Speaker 2: As someone who's been in the field as long as you have, what do you think about the current dating show to influencer to famous pipeline?
Speaker 3: You know, am I mad at it? Not? Really, it happens, it just it just is how it is today. I would like them to start out with an authentic like on this show, an authentic realness and authentic search for love, genuinely looking for it. And if they so happen to fall upon and influencer type situation, fine, you know. Like there's a story I'll tell you in a little while, unless you want to dive into it right now.
Speaker 5: I love with ears is I have a little bit of a connection with a former contestant, which is Ashley I.
Speaker 3: Ashley I who I love, We love Ashley Hi. Okay, So the story behind Ashley I, you guys, is she was my former nanny gens Son. He was my son's nanny, and of course my son was like I have the hottest nanny in the world. Okay, truly, and then one day she's like, I can't work for you anymore because and I was like, why, who's stealing you? And she's like, I got chosen to go on the Bachelor, and I'm like, no way. And I was like, listen, you're gonna do everything I tell you to do, and you're gonna make it. You're gonna just pull through. I don't know if you're gonna find love, but everyone's gonna know who Ashley I is not to this, and she was authentically looking for love. That's the thing that you can tell from Ashley I is those tears are genuine. Are they ridiculous? Of course, but they are.
Speaker 1: She's like a hopeless romantic for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: We fell in love with her through those tears. We fell in love with her through her beautiful, ugly cry because it was real. She really have these crushes, you know. So that's what I knew going into.
Speaker 3: It is going to work for her because she's got the realness part. She did so well on that show, and she became like a little bit of an America sweetheart after that.
Speaker 1: She really did.
Speaker 2: I feel like Ashley I is such an iconic Batchelation alumni, and to know that you created Ashley is crazy.
Speaker 3: What do you think.
Speaker 2: About her now on the Real Housewives?
Speaker 3: I am so I was waiting for her to get back on reality TV because I'm like, when you have someone that is charismatic, that you like and that can cry it like crazy. She can't, and she can, and she's crying her eyes up now. So it's like, I'm so happy for her. I'm so happy for her and her beautiful little family, and she's just she was meant to do this. I just hope that, you know, I hope with any of those housewives, there seems to be like there's a there's a what is the world? I'm looking for a spell that's that comes over them, that's cast on them where there's you know, destruction, whether that be in jail, I r S, divorce. It's almost like Lord of the Rings. Do you guys ever see Lord of the Rings? But you put on the ring, it's like the evil eye goes towards you. It's like you're on that housewife. You hold whatever they want you to hold you.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we got to protect her from this.
Speaker 1: I know, we really do.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's like and that's where. That's where with any marriage, if you have a solid foundation, you don't have to worry about that, if you truly have a solid foundation, Like Donnie and I did our own reality show not that long ago, Donnie did Wahlberger's with his brother. Then we Donnie and I did kind of a spin off with ourselves, and people would say to us all the time, I, Hey, are you worried? Are you worried about like this influencing your relationship? And we'd be like no, only because the foundation was so solid. Because when you're filming, you tender, you're exhausted, your your ego comes out a little bit. You're worried about what people think. You're worried about how you're perceived. Then if you're perceived the wrong way, are you blaming your partner, You're blaming the edit. You know, things can get really, really, really ugly. We only went three years because my son, who was also filming in the reality show, said he was turning into a teenager and he was like, if you think I'm going through puberty on start, you're out of your mind. Because there were cameras in our house all day long, like it's a real thing. Like I'd literally be like, oh and at the end of the hallway, it's like a camera guy there, you know. So I we said, okay, no more. You could still of course watch our episodes. They're still up on A and E. You can watch them. But it was it was a family decision at that point because I said, the foundation isn't built and steady for my son. It was steady for me and my husband, but it's not for my son, and I do not want to do that because we see what happens to a lot of these kids on reality shows.
Speaker 4: To me, absolutely yeah no, And like you mentioning kind of like the transition or not even transition, but there definitely is a contrast between like filming all aspects of your life, and that's like you know, cameras on all the time versus like me and Rachel or like Ashley obviously she met Jared on Paradise. But it's like we come from this like bubble where everything is just about finding love or it's about like dating and your kind of like tunnel vision on one person. But like once that bubble ends or pops and you come back to real life, or reality. That's really what I feel like is where the work really begins, which our fans don't ever really see that part.
Speaker 1: They don't get to see that part of it unfold. So what's what would be like?
Speaker 4: I guess your advice for couples, Like I met my fiance on my season of The Bachelorette, what would your advice be for couples? I guess making it sustain in the public eye, but also have this you know, genuineness or authenticity about the relationship itself and not losing sight of that.
Speaker 3: You know, that would be a very difficult transition because you're living in a mansion, all of your needs are taken care of, you have no outside influences during all of that time, You're in helicopters, You're going to fancy dinners, and it's so it's like someone let's you live the life of Cinderella and then pulls your shoes and dress away and your house and everything. It says, good buck. I mean, that would be I respect anyone that has to go through that transition. You know, it's kind of like almost like getting fired from a job. You know, I don't know most of us. I think you've at least you're fired once where you feel like your identity has been stripped away, and that's kind of feel a little bit like that too. My thing would my advice would be is to dive into the relationship even more because if you're chasing the same identity, you're trying to stay relevant, that's the word. If you're trying to stay relevant in the public versus putting in the work in the relationship, you are doomed. You are doomed now, mind you is there's still things you can do. Of course, there's you know, influencer things. There's a way to like make some money and Madrea YadA YadA, and I'm all for that. But if you put more work into that maintaining identity versus the work and you're really relationship, you're going to be in a lot of trouble. So I would say, date, talk, get into therapy. You know, Donnie and I would be when we first started dating. Actually that's the first thing I tell you to do is go from that show, go right into a therapist. When Donnie and I first started dating, we were like two months into the relationship and I said, you want to do something fun? He was like, what. I'm like, let's go see let's go see a couple's therapist. And he's like, what's wrong with us? And I'm like nothing, That's exactly why it's a great time to go because well we're older, but it doesn't matter for anybody. We all have go tos when we're in a fight, when we're feeling insecure. There's usually in a fight, there's the person that wants to talk it out and then the other person that need silent or just a silent treatment that might escape me in the room for a while. You know, we gravitate towards the opposite and sometimes, so I said, why don't we go to a couple's counselor and figure out a tool belt, a toolkit kit that we can use when the time comes when we have a disagreement when we feel like we're gonna fight, because we're going to. Even though Donnie and I I think are the poster couple for Happily ever After, we really truly are madly in love with each other after twelve years. I love it. But it's because we did the work and in that therapy session we learned who was the person that likes the silent treatment. Who is the person they need to talk right now? How do we compromise? Is there a middle when someone is so on the opposite side of the spectrum, and there was It was like you're only allowed to go in the other room for five minutes. Like you can do five minutes. If you need ten, just ask for it. But you can't do two hours. You can't do three hours. You can't do the next till the next day. You get five to ten minutes before you have to talk it out. Now, the talk it out person also needs to know they can't go on a hamsterveeal. Sometimes the talk it out person needs to repeat it over and over and over again and over We're and over and over again, and you're like, what are you doing? You're just repeating it? Have you not heard what I said? So there's a lot of those tools and the toolkit that a couple's counselors can give you early on in dating, especially if you kind of know you want this person to be here happily ever after. Go in early and learn those things. And it was so fun to learn that about each other. I'm sorry if I'm talking so much about'm keep going because this podcast is this is perfect, but it's also about in the new relationships. No matter how old you are, we tend to project whatever was in the past into the current relationship. I'm going to give you, guys a really fun example of something that Donnie and I both brought in to our relationship, and if we weren't in therapy, it could have ended us. Okay. So he would walk into a room and I would be on my phone. I'd go like this, and he wouldn't say anything, but he would just like whatever, just continue the conversation. Then I would like again, like in the room, and he walked in her mind and he'd be like, what is going on. She's obviously talking to someone. She's obsolutely cheated on me. Mind you, I've never cheated on a boyfriend my whole life. I'm a serious monogonist. But I'll get to this. So I would be throwing down my phone, hiding my phone, hiding my phone, and then he was starting he wouldn't say anything, and he was starting to push me away, like a little bit of distance between us. There was like a little bit of like milan not wanting to cuddle. And then like I'm like, hmm, he's not as like talkative as he usually is. I'm like, what is happening? What is happening? So I was like, let's go to couple's therapy and figure out what's going on me not even understanding that that was even a thing. I didn't even understand what I was doing. So we go to couples counseling and he brings it up and he's like, I feel like she might be doing something suspicious. And I was like, oh my god, I could totally see how that would look totally now. Mind you, I was coming out of an abusive relationship. That relationship, I was punished so badly. If I was on if I was on TikTok, if I was on Instagram, if I was on Twitter, I was punished the way I was not allowed to have my phone in the house in this relationship. I had a front door that they he had a front door like a casket, I called it where you had to leave your phone when you walked in the door. So if you were caught with the phone, and trust me, I guess some therapy through that one and got through that relationship, Oh my gosh. But he would not allow the phone in the house because he wanted all of my attention. It wasn't about me. Cheety was wanting my attention like this. So if I got caught in that relationship with my phone, it was like total chaos. I had PTSD. I'd post traumatic stress about being caught with my phone in the house. Then future relationships. It's probably why relationships after that did work, because I probably was doing the exact same thing and didn't even realize it. Once Donnie heard about this trauma and I expressed more about this abusive relationship I was in, he had so much empathy for me that he was like, oh my gosh, I had no idea, you poor thing, Like how horrible. Now look at how we were able to take what could have turned into resentment, fear, and a breakup and we were able to transform that into empathy and healing. And after that it was just like I didn't have to hide my phone anymore. Like he was okay with me being on social media. He was okay me not going like this giving him every little piece of attention. So like that is a great example of how you can take that healing of therapy, of co couple's therapy and utilizing it for a successful few. So if any charity, it's a get your butts right into that.
Speaker 1: We've never left. We've been in therapy since I got off the show. So yeah, yeah, yeah, No.
Speaker 4: It's it's like everything you're saying, I'm like, I already like, was ready to go guns ablazing. I said, we're leaving this show because I knew the transition was going to be very hard, And I'm like, I obviously don't know the ins and outs of every other leads relationship, but I'm like, I could imagine that that adjustment period alone is why a lot of couples don't really make it through. Because, yes, you have this honeymoon phase, like you said, that's also your representative phase. You're putting your best foot forward to make it work until life hits you in the face and you're like, oh, I don't have what I need to get through this, and it's very very challenging, and it does take work, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: It takes work from both.
Speaker 4: Ends of the partners or the people in the relationship to make it work. So listen, I'm like, I'm a very small percentage of the success story, but I'm right there with you there, Wonders yeah, so.
Speaker 3: We're both proof proof that it works. And by the way, you don't need to be on the Bachelor to have this work for you. It's never not too late, like if you've been dating for a while, if you've been married for a while, because as soon as resentment enters a relationship, you have a Sands in the hour glass before it's over. Sands because if there is any resentment, that always builds up, bleeds into it and comes out in other yucky ways and really toxifies a relationship.
Speaker 2: So well said, and you and Donnie seem so genuinely happy.
Speaker 3: But the world has.
Speaker 2: Obviously watched you, yes, go through so many different phases in chapters of love. What has changed the way you view love from back then to now?
Speaker 3: You know, I think back in the day, i've you'd love as wanting chemistry, and now I view love as wanting peace. You know that's a word, right, because to have peace in a relationship means everything. Let's define peace. What do you put underneath that? Happiness, joy, unconditional love, Like all of those things fall into place when you have peace and doesn't take work absolutely, But you know in the beginning, and it's only normal you want chemistry in the beginning, but man, if you don't have peace later on in that relationship. You know, a perfect example, my girlfriend has been dating this loser for about the same time I met Donnie, the same time she met him, Okay, and it's amazing because their relationship is so vile and they're screaming like I watched the growth of me and Donnie of just like I talked about being in this peaceful place, they're so volatile and angry and like breaking up, getting together, breaking and getting up. He's cheated on her multiple times, multiple times. If I'm like, like, you know, I've been in a other relationship for you know, two years behind your back, and then she takes him back, it's like, I'm sorry, right, It's like, if you're not doing that work on you too, you're in trouble. Girl. You are in trouble because you can't just always blame it on the guy either. So to go back to your point, me and Donnie worked also because I did the work on me and changed it from just wanting this hot maybe chemistry to wanting the ultimate prize, which is peace. That's so usaid good.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like as you have gotten older, do you feel like love is easier or loving comes easier versus how it was when you were younger, or what's your take on that.
Speaker 7: Let's then, all you youngsters out there, it gets so much easier. I mean, it gets so much easier again if you do the work in your relationship. It's let me try to explain it this way. In my twenties, thirties, even forties.
Speaker 3: It's like you are yearning, yearning, like you have all of these like expectations. That's the good word. You have all these like expectations and if they're not fulfilled, then you're sad. You stop having those when you're older. You just sit in the beauty of love. My expectations of Donnie are just the typical ones, just like, don't cheat on me, you know, respect me and adore me. That's it. I don't have all these other expectations. We just kind of sit in this flow of love. So it's just it gets so much easier because you drop all those this is what I need, this is what I need, this is what else I need. All those expectations, and remember it is not your partner's job to fix you. It is not your partner's job even to love you. If you can believe it, it's your job to love you. The bonus is he does love you. But it's the real thing is you have to truly fall in love with yourself and then everything else falls into place.
Speaker 2: Honestly, this has been such a wonderful conversation.
Speaker 1: You're like, I feel like I'm learning so much.
Speaker 2: I'm writing everything down, but going more into you and your career. You helped pave the way for The Bachelor because before that you were the host of Singled Out. What was that like creating basically dating shows?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was so much.
Speaker 3: Fun and it was also so crazy. So you know how, you guys talked and we talked about how the pool of the casting people really are only able to find people who don't have a regular job, so to speak. And I say that nicely, you know what I mean, they're regular like YadA YadA. Well, my dating game show we shot four episodes a day during the day and these are all people in their young twenties. We had a van that we drove around LA. People walking down on the street who didn't get in the van to get in the van to they load the van up drive them to the studio and we'd film that and I'd.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh my goodness, it's your new date.
Speaker 3: It's like and Mike, who lives with his parents, doesn't have a job, no background. You found him in the may like someone who didn't even have teeth. We just said, don't smile when you're on camera. It was it was like it was the wild wild West of dating. And you know, we were we were a hip to the fact that it was more of an entertainment show than finding true love, because you're not going to find it in fourteen minutes. But it was fun. It was a lot of fun, and it just it had a huge impact. It was like when I say it was like one of the within the first month of the show. Just so you guys have some understanding of how big it was. I was on the cover of Rolling Stone after thirty days of airing that show. That is how like oo it was so big. And I mean, I wish it would never work today. Who had never ever ever worked today?
Speaker 2: I was going to ask what would have to change for it to work?
Speaker 3: You know, they try to revive it once and they should have asked me to do it, because they didn't ask you. They didn't ask me because I'm an old little bird. You don't eve an old little bird. But I would have rocked it. I don't. I think it would just have to be left as an entertainment show. Like I could make it work, but they said, like the network said, people don't date like that anymore. I'm like, well, honestly, it's more of an entertainment show than anything.
Speaker 1: Absolutely amazing.
Speaker 4: And you also obviously have had a rain on mass Singer as a judge. You've tracked all the celebrity clues. How has that experience been like for you? It's such a hard show.
Speaker 3: It's such a fun show, can I tell you? When they persessed me to do it, my agent was like, this, this is the dumbest show ever. You ain't doing it. I'm like, listen, I said, this checks all the boxes, which is yeah, because I like a little weird and strange. It's got celebrity, and it's got a game you can play and singing like I love listening. I'm like, this is this is going to check all the boxes. Plus, I loved that it was a family friendly show. I wanted something that my son could actually watch, something of mine. So I said yes to the show. We're we're going on season fifteen. I believe fourteen fifteen. Like that's crazy, And you know what I love you guys, is I love that.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 3: It's that we're nice. There's no Simon Cowells like we get to give everybody flowers because it's not it's not easy to get up there and sing, especially underneath the mask, even for celebrities, you know. So we don't say, like you're not going to go to Hollywood. Your hair horble? What were you even famous in the first place? That was terrible. It's not like road killed, you know what I mean? Like everything we do, we give flowers over their performances, and that makes me feel so good after the show. Plus, I am if you watch the show, I am so ultra competitive, you guys. I am so I want to call sygotic competitive. Like I got yelled at numerous times by my producers. They've come in room and said, you realize that this is just a game show, right, Like you don't want to prize Jenny because I get I get obsessed. I get like, I'm like the movie Beautiful Mind or what's that chess movie with that lady with the chess board. Whatever I get into like this crazy like mathematatic, mathemat mathematic help.
Speaker 1: Me, mathematician, Thank you, mathemat mathematician.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of that's me. At the same time I was trying to think of mathemaans. Oh, I know.
Speaker 2: It was like the equations are coming across.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is me, you know what I mean. And so sometimes I get a little crazy, but I'm still the best guesser on the show, and I plan on continuing that.
Speaker 2: I have a dream that one day Charity will go on the mass singer Who would you love to see on as a contestant?
Speaker 1: Well, now that my.
Speaker 3: Husband already showed up as someone behind the mask, I can't name him, but I also I wear my producer hat also, so I can tell you if we got someone like a Britney Spears, it would make great TV. It would make a great I think it would be so fun to have like a Britney Spears. Now my taste in music, I'd love to have Beyonce. But that's someone big.
Speaker 1: We're saying go big or go home at this point, and you're.
Speaker 3: Better ask you to have a magic wand and in a bottle. It's gonna I'm gonna say, Beyonce. Okay, of course.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about your beauty brand, because as we know it, you have a beauty brand called Formless Beauty, and I am very curious, as me and Rachel are both beauty lovers.
Speaker 1: What got you into wanting to make or start your own brand.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you guys, asked, and I'm gonna be sending you some stuff so after this, make sure.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: So I started to get a lot of allergies. I'd get like skin rashes, rose, irritations, and I'm like, I'm going to look into toxicity and makeup. And I wasn't ready to start a brand. I just wanted to look into the ingredients. And I was mortified, you guys. I was mortified that these clean brands, like when you go to the store and says the clean section that they're lying that, there's no regulatory agencies that are actually looking over to say yeah they're clean. There. You look under the hood, you're going to find a ton of toxins. So I was like, oh my god, there's no one I can trust. So I was like, you know, what. I'm going to start my own brand and see if anyone wants full transparency and truly clean. Okay, So I formed Formless Beauty. I started only with three glosses, and I teamed up. I don't know if you guys know who the Environmental Working Group is, but if you don't know who they are, you should all know who they are EWG dot org. This is an organization that hooks under every product and tells you what's good or bad. Okay, They've been doing this for years. Got doctors and scientists. So I called them up and I was like, yo, I want to create a beauty brand under your science. You did the work. I just want to know what not to put in, what are bad ingredients and what are good ingredients. They were like, that's awesome that you want to do that, but it's really hard. Good luck. They hitted me a book of over nine hundred pages of unacceptable ingredients and said, don't use any of these ingredients. Then they sent head to me a book of over seven hundred restricting ingredients, said don't use these. So I sat down with my cameras and was like, oh my god, how are we going to do this? So we did it. We made like our mas scara right now, it's nic lass too MASCULI. Yes, got as luck. WG verified. When you're EWG verified, what does that mean as a brand? By the way, there ain't no other celebrity brands with the EWG verification. Okay, so EWG verified means we went through the top strict, most utmost responsible testing you can possibly do for makeup. That is how clean and I respect my clients are people that don't want to get cancer, people that do have cancer. If people aren't chemo, people with loomis, lubas ms, arthritis, you name it, morsesia, all these people who care about truly clean ingredients, we have now gathered to create a much bigger brand. We're now in Sprouts, so if you're nearest Sprouts, you can go check out. Are huge because people who go to Sprouts also care about ingredients. So I highly suggest you guys trying our skincare. Our cleanser takes off your eye makeup like that without burning your eyes. It's the greatest cleanser ever. But I hope you I'm going to send it to you guys, but try the mascara. To try the mascara. We sell out constantly. By the way, we can't keep it in stock. It's our MVP because do you guys know that mostly hormone disruptors are in every master. I know.
Speaker 1: It's like the hardest thing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's ours, It's amazing ours doesn't have it. So if you guys are listening and want a discount code, you can put in Jenny ten to try it out that gives you ten percent off, go to formospeeda dot com and check it out and take that discount.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and Jenny, you are someone that sat in the makeup chore for years and years and years. So we are so thankful that now there's a brand that is healthy and that isn't causing anything harmful to us. So congratulations again because Sprouts is huge.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that truly cannot wait to try it. I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I'm like trying all the things and trying to get on my wellness journey and be like, you know, very adamant about it, but it's it's hard, and I love hearing your backstory. Obviously you've done the work and poured into this brand. So very excited and congratulations.
Speaker 3: Again, thank you, thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we are going to play a game now. We love a game.
Speaker 4: We always in most of our episodes with the game. So we are gonna name one of your projects and ask a rapid fire question that goes with it.
Speaker 1: So okay, off yeah, okay, first one.
Speaker 2: Mass singer, what was the best costume?
Speaker 3: The best costume? That's a great question. So probably there's probably the snail. We had a snail that came on and it was like, oh my god, because it was like really kind of small to the ground but it was still like it was still like four feet high. But you know who was inside the snail? Oh, Kermit the frog. I didn't know what thing a Oh my god.
Speaker 1: By the way, you guys, when when that's actually crazy.
Speaker 3: When we were listening to them saying and I'm doing this, I said to Robin, I said, Robin, I don't mean to sound I don't want to tell him, but he sounds like he sounds like Kermit. But I didn't want to save that out loud to offend, and it really have to be comet.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, funny.
Speaker 4: Wait, Okay, I'm like I need to go back because I didn't even know that that was the thing. So I have to go back there and watch that, Okay.
Speaker 1: The view hardest part of live TV.
Speaker 3: The hardest part of live TV is when you have mental cramps or when you're sick. When you're sick and you still got to get it up, like you're not sick and you got one hundred and four fever. That's tough. That's really tough.
Speaker 2: No, literally, working woman, all right. Last one Scary Movie three. Who was the funniest person on set?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Pamela and I were the only ones in our scenes. I basically was the one that was that got killed. But to me, Pamela's delivery it was so good. It was so good when she asked me if I'm okay after my head's been decapitated and like, and she keeps asking me, are you okay?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 3: Like it's so hilarious, Like she's actually really really funny. I didn't have anybody else on set to compare it to, but me and her had a ball shooting.
Speaker 2: That that scene is burned into my memory from my childhood. Like I think we watched Scar Movie through all the time.
Speaker 3: It was so so funny.
Speaker 1: Oh, my goodness. Well, thank you Jinny so much. This interview was such a joy. We are taking all of your knowledge, your experience, everything. We are just so grateful that you were able to join us on a Happy Hour. Where can people and our listeners follow you or keep up with you.
Speaker 3: Well, you can follow my social media, which is pretty much Jenny McCarthy everywhere except for TikTok. I'm missus Wahlberg. But I'm also launching my own podcast in October, so you guys can check out our website. Yeah for more information, So check me out, follow me there, and here's two. Maybe I'll have you guys on we'll do some Bachelor Nation breakdowns. That would be amazing.
Speaker 2: And congratulations to your new podcast to Foremost Beauty, and thank you again for being here. And make sure you guys rate, review, subscribe wherever you listen to your podcast and follow us on Bachelor Happy Ar'm Bachelor you channels.
Speaker 3: See you guys later. Thanks guys,