Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Bescher Happy Hour. I'm Joe and we are here today with Jill. Jill, welcome back to Bechler Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It is fabulous to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a while. When was the last time we had you on? What was it for? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: I have no idea?
Speaker 1: Did co hosts?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well? Yeah, then you were gallivanting for a little bit and I took over. So yeah, I've been really picking up a lot of your slack.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Well what are you doing? You left Jill hanging all alone?
Speaker 1: I think I had some other people. I think I was on the goat at the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was, he was, Yes, I see, I see.
Speaker 1: Moving on from that, Jill, we saw you in I think Newport a while back, right, was it that we saw you? And you I remember you had a boyfriend that had a mustache.
Speaker 2: Yes, very good, that's right.
Speaker 1: Okay, what happened to that boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Well you could probably hell, he dumped me at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 4: At the beginning of this year, yes, yeah, okay, right, okay, so tough start to the year, but you know, we turned it around.
Speaker 3: Kind of paradise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, if you want it. That's a good way to put it. Yeah, I mean, but honestly, like after that relationship, it took me probably about like thirty seconds to get over it. So sorry, but like I was, so it was it was time. It was like actually a really good positive thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: Okay. So then so then leading up, so break up beginning of the year, vechlor of Paradise. People don't leave I think like till end of May.
Speaker 3: Ish, No, it was earlier this year.
Speaker 2: It was earlier than April.
Speaker 1: Okay, were you dating in that period?
Speaker 2: No? God, no, no, no, I wouldn't dare No, I'm not interested in like we'll get into the whole thing.
Speaker 3: But no, well let's get into it.
Speaker 4: I'm not interested in dating off of reality television.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't date muggles. No, I'm kidding. No, it's just so sick and twisted out there, Like I wasn't going to do the dating apps. I haven't been on the dating apps since I was in college, and.
Speaker 1: So and also like oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what I call non bad like non Magic Bachelor Nation people's muggles. But no, I actually should only exclusively date muggles. But yeah, it just the dating world is really bad, and especially in Newport, it's like I know everybody, it seems, and so I didn't want to get on the apps. I was just like in my I was like hot girls summer, hot girl summer loading. And actually Bachelor Paradise called me two weeks after I got dumped, so I was like, eyes on the prize, baby, eyes on the prize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy. Wow, they were fast. How did you meet your ex?
Speaker 2: Then? Oh I met him through my mom. My mom set us up.
Speaker 3: Okay, crazy, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I knew that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do remember you saying this.
Speaker 4: So you get dumped, your like, this sucks, but for the best. And then you answer the phone and they're like, hey, Jill Rumor has it you're single?
Speaker 3: Do you want to come back? What was your initial reaction?
Speaker 2: I said, I'll take the coal. You know, I'll take the coal. But I you know, obviously you guys have been to Paradise like in that, you know, in play Esque and data, and so my last experience, I wouldn't say, was like gleaming. So I was a little hesitant to say yes and no. Also, I'm like more established in my career, I have like a more serious job, and so I was like, I don't know if they would even allow me the time off to do this. So it was definitely a conversation, like multiple conversations had to be had, many of them just in my own brain of like do I want to put myself through this again? But once I heard like it was going to be in a new place and they were going to shake things up, and they promised me, they promise missed me older more established men with jobs, job's, and that was not the case. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like you're not the first person that's come on here and said that they made some promises that they didn't deliver on with the older men. Well, I think I think they did deliver, but it is not enough for all the women that they promised them to.
Speaker 2: Right Exactly, Like there was like it was one guy. It was Dale, that was the guy that was him, And you know, i'd seen Dale in like the Lifetime movies, and you know, I just knew like Dale and I weren't going to buy. But like they're like, there's older men there. Okay, Well I didn't mean the Goldens. If I'm being frank, like they did deliver on the older men, but I'm not, like I wasn't thinking that old, although like my range is like thirty five to coffin lately, So I mean, yeah, I just they did the old bait and switch, but it got me.
Speaker 1: There was there anyone that you were hoping to see down there?
Speaker 2: Yes, dearly deeply of course. Yes, LS there's two people one and like both are like reaches for sure. But on the last season of Paradise, I fumbled alex Boardie so hard.
Speaker 4: Yes, I remember him, like that's the guy, like that is Wait, really.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I would have put you two together.
Speaker 2: No one would. But it's perfect he knows. Oh yeah, we've like be spoken on the phone. We text, like not regularly, but like we check in with each other like me and probably more in my part. But no, I I think it would work. Give me ten minutes the through with alex BOARDI I can make something.
Speaker 1: Well, why why haven't you guys made it? Like an attempt?
Speaker 2: He's not he has he's got walls up. He's Russian, he's got walls up. He's very like you are here, I am there, I and I like there was I tried to, you know, I tried to slip in, and then once I saw there was a little resistance, I'm like, you know what, it's fine, It'll just stay a crush.
Speaker 1: It was where does he live?
Speaker 2: He lives in Detroit, Okay, and you are in Rhode Island.
Speaker 4: But you were probably thinking, like, if you can get us down here on a beach for three weeks, I can make some shit happen.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who was the other guy?
Speaker 2: The other guy is? I don't think I've ever said this ever in my life, but there's this guy who was a night warner on Michelle season, and I think we would actually work. Like this is someone I'm like, okay, yeah, like this is like a stable guy. He's I mean, he's tall, he's gorgeous, former football player, it seems Brian witzman, he's so tall.
Speaker 3: Is this the guy from Chicago? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Clay you know him? Yeah, I know him, And he was just no, I like him. He's really nice. He was just on vacation with Clay, who I saw because they had a layover in New York for like twenty four hours, so I went out to dinner. But yeah, they were just on vacation. Song that's dinner with Yeah, Brian wasn't there, Brian, it was it was Clay, another guy, and then Brian was not there. But Brian was on vacation with them. So he's a big guy. He's tall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need a big boy.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: No, we've never met, but we like chatted in the dms. We've chat in the dams.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I mean I could put the word in if you if you'd like, I don't know, but like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody, please anybody. I'm like, but he's like the type of person established normal, like he seems the good values. Like that's that, that's my vibe, right, Like I need this is how I describe my person It's like they need to be like like the core of the earth and like I'm just like the little that like you know, I need like a tether to reality.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was gonna ask you you have such personality, Like how are you looking for a guy that like also has that personality?
Speaker 3: Are you looking for someone more grounded?
Speaker 2: And like, oh, I need someone grounded. I need someone who I need a balance and I need to be like the funny one I need to be. You know, Joe's sex and right.
Speaker 1: Now, come on, I could get this going. You want me to get this going, I'm not as well, right please see?
Speaker 2: Like so yeah, no, and I would love someone personality They have to think I'm funny though, like period, Like you know, I do need someone more grounded, because like I look at my sister and my brother in law and I'm like, that's what I need.
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's not fun if you're like, I have such personality and you're not giggling at my jokes.
Speaker 2: Right, No, totally. And some people just don't get it either, because there obviously is more like beneath the surface, but this is just you know, it's who I am.
Speaker 3: All right, I love that.
Speaker 4: Well, while Joe tries to set you up with a future husband, let's get into how did you prep for Paradise? How are you feeling going into it? Because I feel like they actually didn't get into this enough while you were on the show that you had been down to Paradise before and you kind of had like a whole situ suation down there, and I feel like that kind of we just moved past that on this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I okay, So I'm very well medicated now, thank you so. And also just like being in a two year relationship, we'll do that to you. Like I genuinely thought I was gonna settle down with this person, and so I had never like left that space of like I'm ready for the next step. And so you know, I think touching grass and like getting you know, really seeing what I want in a partner prepared me. Because there's some people that like, even like I meet or my friends, will they propose to me, Like, oh what about this person? I'm like, if that was twenty two, I'd ride this till the wheel fall off. But I'm like thirty, and I'm looking for something a little more serious. And so you know, obviously you learn a lot of lessons when you're in paradise, like not everything is like life or death. I was definitely thinking like, oh my god, like if I get eliminated, Jesse's gonna shoot me out back and no one will ever see me ever again. So like I just learned like it's really not that serious, and we're supposed to here for fun, and it's supposed to be fun and you're supposed to get to know people, and so I just wanted to get to know everybody, because I should have given everyone a fair shake last time.
Speaker 4: And last time you came in kind of in like a preset love triangle with Romeo, right.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that was weird. Congratulations just had a baby love that perum.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I forgot that.
Speaker 4: I feel like I did hear that. That's why baba, congrats to Romeo on fatherhood. Going in this time. Who did you know, Like, was there anyone where you were like, oh, we've met, have my eyes on them?
Speaker 3: Or were you like, no, I'm not doing that again.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, I was like I'm not doing that again. No one also like really piqued my interest. This is no offense to anybody, Like, no one was really like piquing my interest. And I so like the people i'd met with obviously, like Justin Andrew, Like I didn't know Andrew was going to be there. Justin I had a better idea that was going to be there. So like he was a friendly face. I knew of Spencer. I'd never met him or spoken to him. Jonathan, and this is one thing I want to clear. Jonathan said that we had met before I've never met Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you got you never met because it was did he say you guys were like had a friendship.
Speaker 3: Said that we had met.
Speaker 2: No, he said that we had met. I wrote it down in my notes.
Speaker 3: Okay, I remember him saying.
Speaker 2: No, he said we had met Jill. He said I met Jill once before. That's not true. I spoke to him on the phone through Rachel. But like, I've never met that man.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we're is a loose term.
Speaker 1: So I would I would like if if we had spoken on the phone.
Speaker 4: FaceTime or audio audio audio, if we had spoken on the phone, I could potentially say.
Speaker 2: That or like I know her, you can say I know her, I.
Speaker 1: Would say we spoke on the I would probably just like I spoke I never met her on a phone call.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like we've spoken before. Yeah, that's why I've never met that man in my life. Okay, okay, Yeah, but I really didn't know who was going to be there, and I you know, I know I know of everybody, you know everyone in the niche, but you don't, you know.
Speaker 3: Talk to everybody.
Speaker 1: You were you happy about the new setting and the living conditions when you got there.
Speaker 2: I was so happy seeing the beds and feeling the ac was just like the food was great, Like the whole setup was just at first. Honestly, when I walked in, I was like, do I talk to you? What do I do? No, it's telling me about to do anything. I'm like, it was a little it was an adjustment for me coming from like the Old Guard and also just like the noise from the waves, like it adds. But I walked in, I literally was like, oh my god, it's really quiet because it was weird, like the setting took a little bit to adjust to, like this like kind of villa esque, but oh my god, it was so nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were saying it was really giving, like bachelor in resort, like you're taking away like that very heavy, beachy feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which was like I was definitely was not a sandy, but I would have preferred like some like some white noise, you know, because it could get a little quiet, a little quiet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did like falling asleep to the ways and the sounds of nature in Paradise.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Okay, So you you get a date card, correct, Yeah, and you take Jonathan. Yeah okay, so the what like the perception of why you took him and why he said he would go was because you guys had it? Was it like friendly, like we're friends, let's yeah, let's just was that. Were you on the same page with that?
Speaker 2: Yes, we were totally on the same page because when I got the date card, I look like angry because I'm like looking at as Susie's and she had the jet Ski and I had this like little thing like the BP suite and I was like, oh, what the because I was going to take Justin. I said Justin. I was like, Justin, if I get this diate card, you want to go and be like we'll just have fun. Like I was literally just looking. I was looking around and I was like, I'm there's nobody here for me to take, so Justin, like please your my friend? And he said well, he said, well we'll see was on that date card because you know you probably wanted to go jet skiings. I was like, damn it, like I can't take Justin now. So I was looking for another friendly face and Jonathan and I had spoken before, and so I went up to him and I was like, you know what, like I know you're with Alex. I don't want to step on me toes like, will you be my friend? Will you be my friend? And he but then he was acting like, you know, it was like Dog's Last Cheeseburger vibe, Like he was like, if this is Joel's lasted paradise, I'm gonna make it the best day ever. And I'm like, okay, damn, Like that was crazy, but but I was happy to go with him as friends. I knew it was friendly. I knew it was just friends.
Speaker 3: So sorry, I'm gonna like cry.
Speaker 1: Laughing at that person.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I'm sorry, I'm laughing right now.
Speaker 3: But like, literally, that is what he was doing.
Speaker 2: He was doing dogs Last Day on Earth, like I'm a like appointments book, I've got to be euthanized.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm sorry. That was so funny.
Speaker 4: And I was trying to hold it in because I didn't want to be rude, but like that's literally what was happening.
Speaker 1: Okay, So all right, And then does were there any romantic sparks at all on that date or after that date? What I mean, like, get into that relationship a little bit, because then, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Go on this date, you're twisting it up.
Speaker 4: There's like a kiss share because you know, you're on top of each other and on a date on the Bachelor, but like I was just trying to you know, give He's just trying to give me the last day of your life, trying.
Speaker 2: To get me my last cheeseburger. So I was like, so on a date the whole time, even like the producers, everyone was like, what's going on here? Like it's this friends, Like it's just just friends and I So everyone was like, what's going on? And I said, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: But when he kissed you, was that when like the confusing point came in. I mean yeah, like because like the overall vibes of the date, it felt like it was going in a more romantic direction than you would expected it too.
Speaker 2: Like there was obviously like good banter, like that was our first time like really spending time with each other, like one on one, and so I was like, okay, like this is cool, like maybe there's a possibility, but like we're just friends. So I don't know. No one wants to broach that topic, right. There's a song that I really loved and says Friendship's ruined with just one kiss, and so I remember laying there and you know, the prompt was like kiss the body part and I remember thinking in my head, he's going to kiss my knee because it's the closest thing to him. And he says, well, I guess well because you're on the lips.
Speaker 3: I said, oh okay, wait is that how it went down?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wait? Why did I not? That didn't register in my brain.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a kiss a body part.
Speaker 4: When he was on the podcast, the way he was explaining it to me, I guess I interpreted it as like, oh, we're we were supposed to kiss, and we were like, oh, we're friends, we can kiss.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it said kiss a body part. And I thought he was going to kiss my knee because literally it was the closest thing to him. And I remember thinking that. And then he kissed my lips and I was like oh. He was like okay, so and he said and then he said on your podcast, he says, you know we kiss friends on the lips. Brother what Yeah?
Speaker 3: He was like, friends kiss, like we can kill our friends on the lip.
Speaker 2: Ari Like, I I don't like maybe my friends I've been best friends with since I was like five years old, but like, I just met you, homie, we're on a dating show. What do you think we're doing yeah. So and then in his interviews it was even more confusing to me because like you obviously see how this progresses, and like in his interviews, he's like, we're kind of riding the line between flirty and friendly and blah blah blah. So I'm like, okay, so I wasn't crazy.
Speaker 4: So I wasn't crazy, No, And it did translate that you guys were writing the line between flirty and friendly.
Speaker 2: Right, And then like what you didn't see was like there was we had like a thirty like thirty to forty minute conversation. We're just sitting there like getting kind of like deep, like we're kind of getting into it with like the serious conversations. And I was like, Okay, this is like really good. Like I'm we're friends, but we're I still didn't know where we stood after the date, but like obviously there's roses on the table, and like I'm gonna try, right, Like I'm gonna at least try. So I just let him know, Hey, if you're interested, I know you're with Alex, like no pressure, but if you're into it, I'm into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you regret at all maybe going in there, like basically saying like, hey, this is just a friendly date, like do you want to do this? Would you do? You kind of wish you would have just went in there, like I'm just gonna take a shot and if something's outs there.
Speaker 2: No, no, because I mean he also set those parameters as well, like he said, you know, I think it's going to be more friendly. He said it was giving like he felt bad for me and he wanted to give me like this nice date. So I just rolled with that. I wasn't gonna put any more pressure on it because I again, I didn't want to step on any toes, even though you supposed to do that, but like I didn't really want to and I didn't want to like insert myself, and so I knew it was just gonna be friends and that was fine with me.
Speaker 1: Whatever were you were you at all like considering just leaving just like I got down there, I'm not interested in anyone. I have this day card. There's no one I want to bring. I'm leaving.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No. When the first night that I got there, I walked about to my room crying, and I was gonna self eliminate before like during the rose ceremony. But then that was my plan. I was just gonna go home. I was gonna self eliminate. I was like gonna interrupt and be like, hey, guys, like I'm just gonna go. But then Jonathan said that that thing to me before the Rose ceremony, which gave me like a little bit of hope. Yeah. I was like, you know, let's just like roll the dice and see what happens. But apparently that's not what he meant.
Speaker 3: I guess well, and I think it is.
Speaker 4: A For part one of what you said, I feel like everyone coupled up crazy fast this season, like usually when you come down when you and Susie did, Like there's still a decent amount of guys that either like their connection went home or their connection has jumped to someone else and.
Speaker 3: They've like opened up for availability.
Speaker 4: Like we're seeing so many couples right out of the gate, which makes it way harder for people coming in obviously. And then to the second part of what you're saying with Jonathan, I think it's im important information that maybe I didn't realize. I feel like watching it, you guys kept saying like we're friends, We're friends. I'm like, oh, these guys are like friends, but you are just like you've met and you've locked into the friend zone. It's not like you have this like relationship where it's like it would be weird for us to date now because we've met a couple times, like I've met on the phone one time you came in and yes, you're going on to say as friends, but I can now understand how you were maybe thinking maybe a connection could be developed.
Speaker 2: And also, like I was going off of the information that I was given, Like the information that I was given was how he was acting towards me. I guess he's a really flirty person, and that's just like not necessarily who I am. And as this like kind of develops like this, like you know, whatever our argument was develops, you kind of see that Jonathan considers friends something that I necessarily don't consider friends, and so like you can kiss your friends, Okay, that's not really how I see it, like you know, And then he said, you're making my decision harder and that whole thing, and so I was going off the informal that I was given was that, oh, there was something about our conversation and about our connection that was making his decision harder. How else was I supposed to interpret that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think that's I think that's how.
Speaker 2: You should And I do see his perspective, like I see his perspective where like, oh, I had this connection that I didn't have with Alex, but it wasn't specifically about Jill. But I didn't specifically say that, like I can understand where a miscommunication could happen. But just like after that conversation on the day bed, that was it for me. I was just like, Okay, clear it up, understood, Well, I have a connection.
Speaker 1: He didn't have a connection with Alex either, like he did not have a connection with Alex.
Speaker 2: No, not not really, No.
Speaker 3: Had they like ended at that point.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember, yes, yeah, they had ended, and so that's why I was confused. I was like, I have the rose and no one's pursuing me. I was like, that's really strange, Like Jonathan's not putting in any effort even as friends. Do you think I wanted to give my rose to Sean? No, like I would have much read I'm no stranger to a friend rose, like if Jonathan is truly there for me, Because I did feel like a connection to Jonathan like if it's just on an emotional level, that's fine. But I felt more of a connection towards Jonathan than I did towards Sean, and he could have gotten that rose, but he was putting in no effort. And I remember Dale saying clothes, mouse don't get fed, and I said, bery it, bear it, gock it, like go down right, So it's like right, closed, mouse don't get fed. Sean's at least putting an effort, even if it's like just to get the rose. I mean, he's putting an effort. I gotta reward that. I'm not gonna reward something that's like not serving me, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you're probably looking at Sean like all right, you're at least trying. You're showing that you want to be here, even if it's not with me, and like, yeah, you deserve the opportunity to then stay and like keep putting that effort. Hopefully someone will come down that you're like, you know, ready to go for.
Speaker 2: Right, like you're playing ball. Like Jonathan, it didn't seem like he he wanted to stay almost And some of the things he said to me were like a little disparaging, Like he was saying that like he insinuated that I was a charity case, Like, well, I did something really nice for you, so you should be nice to me, brother, what Like it was so confusing. I'm just like wow, Like that was not really nice of you to say, Like, I'm not a charity case. I'm not pining after you specifically, I'm just expecting like clear communication. It was bizarre.
Speaker 4: Let's dive into the conversation between you guys at the bar. Yeah, it was giving like like he'd had a few drinks. You guys had had a few drinks and like you just could not get the communication. No, I I know, I mean you have it on the show. I'm just saying like the communication was so disconnected, like I felt.
Speaker 3: That No, I knew you guys weren't drug.
Speaker 4: I was just providing like a visual like it was a bar, like what's happening here?
Speaker 3: Like it is not clicking between these two people.
Speaker 2: No, it's not clicking, because so I was. When I walked by, I said I was going to bed. I was saying my good nights, and he told me, he says, I'm so sorry, And I said why because truly I had been over it. Why are you apologizing to me. There's nothing to apologize for, right, Like, I'm over it, I debit it. Let's just say I edit it. And so he's bringing it back up. And at one point in the conversation, I said, Jonathan, is this apology more for yours it for me? Because I don't need an apology. It sounds like you're trying to right the wrong of like you coming off as you know. However you're coming off, you're not feeling secured in the way that ended, and I have to now provide that for you. It's not an apology for me. It's an apology so you can feel better. That's what I gleaned from the conversation. And he was getting emotional, and I was like, well, what's going on here? Like why are you feeling emotional about this? There's nothing to like. I don't feel negatively towards you. Am I a little confused and annoyed, sure, but I don't feel And I think what happened was like he had said that, you know, like the way that we see friends clearly didn't. He was like, well, you're you're acting a different way towards me. Well, yes, because I treat my romantic partners, my potential romantic partners differently than I treat my friends, And so I don't think he was like comfortable with that.
Speaker 4: Do you think he had a sense of guilt and was like worried, Like, oh no, Joel thinks I'm like a bad guy, and I don't want her to think that about me, and I want us to be on good terms. And like thought from that conversation that you were going to be like it's all good. I think you're amazing, were great, and like because you weren't really giving that to him, he just kind of like kept going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he like kept going. And like the thing with me is like once I find out something about a person, I do It's not like I hold a grudge, but I'm just like that's in my head. I don't have to like love everybody dearly. And I just honestly needed space from that because the information that I was given was not clear information. And so I'm not gonna keep putting my energy and time into a relationship that is not like serving me, especially after you say some like weird things to me, acting like I'm charity, acting like I should be grateful that I took you on this date. Oh my god, I should be so grateful that you went on the date with me. Like he was almost making me feel like I was I should be like thanking him and I should be which is like, dude, how oh yeah, how awful it was has spend time with me? How terrible. I'm so sorry you had to do that and play twister. I mean, I kind of am, but like it was just he was making me the whole time. I felt crazy. The whole time, I felt crazy, and the messages were not getting through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think do you think he was also worried about how he was going to be perceived from the audience.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that is the main that is the main reason that I believe I don't think he actually cares about me, because he hasn't reached out to me since, and so like, fine, fine, fine, fine, but like I know that you to be you're you're the good guy. I said, certified good guy. I rescind that certification. Not because I don't think that he has like the potential to be like a good guy, but I think he's so worried about how he's perceived rather than the actual feelings. Because I didn't need that apology, like he needed to sit with that, like sit with the discomfort and like the way he's being, you know, the way he's moving rather than the way I'm feeling I can feel ever I want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we see that more, like as years go on, more people that come on reality TV in general, but like especially The Bachelor, it seems like people like if they get labeled the good guy or the good woman, like they really want to hold on to that or harness that, and they get so worried that that's gonna fall apart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it even be more of a microskill if he doesn't want his friends and.
Speaker 3: The people there that he's been in Coney with or Jill to think he's a bad guy.
Speaker 2: For sure, totally totally. I fully understand that I've never personally had that because I've never been the good guy or the good girl, so I'm not like but I can totally understand that. And I would have thought, I would still have like thought that he was a good guy if he had just come to me and been honest and not tried to flip my words and not try to manipulate me into thinking that I should be grateful or that I made me feel like I'm a charity case or you know, X Y and Z, I would have still thought that. Never he said that I was questioning his intentions when I asked, why are you apologizing? And I said, no, I wasn't questioning your intentions. I was just simply asking why do you feel the need to apologize, because I don't feel like there's a need to apologize. But like every little thing that I said was like, I'm gonna flip it. I'm gonna flip it. I'm gonna flip it. And that's weird to me. That's strange. And I don't know what you're doing because you're supposed to be wanting a rose from me, I guess, but like you're not acting like it.
Speaker 3: It was so weird.
Speaker 2: It was so strange.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a deep lack of compatibility between the two of you as fur romantic partners.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, And I'm fine with, like you know, I'm fine with like letting it go and letting that like be in the past, and like I wish you all the best. God blast, but don't try to make me feel like a charity case. Don't put that on me. That's weird. It's not fair.
Speaker 1: We see this week you self eliminate. Congrats, way to go. I know I love you. Do you regret it? Do you regret it at all? Like what was going through your head? Or were you just fed up of just my person is definitely not here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know one thing about me. I'm not going to overstay my welcome like I'm gonna go. I had the writing was on the wall, and like I knew when I know it's my time to go when I lose my sparkle because I am not an insecure person outside of this environment. I'm not going to seek fallady from men who see me only as a friend when I know I deserve more. I know that my guy's not coming. Alex Boord, he's at home in Detroit. You know, you know Brian Witzman or whatever his last name is is in Chicago. He's not a good so thank you, Joseph. But like you know, so, I I just knew that my time was up because everyone was just like I'm like, why are guys acting weird towards me? Like there were times, which is really sad, there were times when I saw all the couples together and I was like supposed to meet a couple with Sean, and I felt so weird and I didn't want to interrupt theirs that I would literally go to the bathroom or like go to my room and sit in my room like that sucks and I'm not that way in real life. I'm not like, I mean, I could catch a guy any day of the week if I really wanted. Is he going to be quality? Probably not? But like, I'm not that person outside of this, and so I'm not going to stay somewhere where I know that the reason why I came here wasn't to like, hey, be on TV play survivor, you know, like I I'm going to gonna go am I here?
Speaker 4: It is like I am still I guess, just shocked by the fact that it's so couplely so early, Like was.
Speaker 3: It like that?
Speaker 1: I don't know why you keep saying that, because.
Speaker 4: I just feel like, and I mean, I only have our experience to go off of, and look, we obviously coupled up early, so it sounds like ironic for me to say this, But we were all still hanging out very like cohesively as a group or in little groups. It wasn't like two too too too, everyone was coupled up all of only.
Speaker 1: The only strong couple on this beach right now currently is Spencer and Jazz, Spencer and Jezz.
Speaker 3: There's barely and Jeremy Bailey and Jeremy.
Speaker 4: But I would say, I guess it's not the it's not how many strong couples they are, it's how isolated the hangouts for the couples are. Maybe that's the new like location and it just makes it easier to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, like everyone would be around the bar like with their person and so like I was, you know, hanging out with the Goldens and I was like third wheeling Cat and Dale like nobody's business and like, but again I just don't want to like insert myself when like you're trying to connect and I know my person's not going to be here. I say, you know, I know I'm an acquired taste, like acquire some taste PayPal, Like I know I'm an acquired taste. And that's like beautiful that I love that about myself and I'm not gonna change. But like I can know we know the people in vaccal nation, who the fuck is coming down? No one? And so I'm just not gonna and especially when like Alicia came in, I'm like, oh my god, she's gorgeous. I'm I'm toast, you know, like there's no reason for me to be here here though.
Speaker 1: Did you care that Shawn was gonna potentially go talk to Alicia? Did that bother you at all?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, No, what bothered me was that April was stealing all of my men. Like what bothered me was like, you know, everyone's doing their cute little thing with their person for the Birds of Paradise and Shan shows April. I was like, what I mean, but entertaining. No, that that was like the nail in the coffin for me, Like the coffin could not flow even if you tried, but they're like there were many nails in the coffin. But that was like, Okay, there's someone here for him. He's in a good spot. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I guess. I mean, I don't want to blame it, like you said, kind of like on the setting, because I just feel like that it's it just seems maybe it's just the people, but I will see so just men. Well, no, because even on our season of paradise. There was more just like group hangouts.
Speaker 4: It was usually boys were hanging combos, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was, it really was. It very seldomly was just like a couple paired off in this couple corner, a couple paired off in that corner. Like that really wasn't a thing to.
Speaker 3: Like be the end.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, yeah, but that makes it a it's already hard. I feel like to be in your situation where you're like I'm single down here and everyone's coupled up, and then b to feel like you're probably just kind of feeling awkward on a low level at all times in terms of moving around the space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like also like no offense, Like all of those guys are great, but they're not my guy. Like I'm not like me, me can make something work with Brian, I'm not doing that. Maybe makes some big work Dale, I'm not doing that. Like I there there was truly no one that I could see anything with, and I was wasting my time and I was wasting their time. And I was like from trying to get their validation, which is so ill. Why am I doing that? Like I was feeling worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think I think they just need they just need more more contestants down there. I think it gets to a point where because you're not the only one, you know, there's there's been a few this season that's just like, well fuck, there's nobody either, there's no one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no slim Pickens.
Speaker 2: Yeah there was slim Pickens because because and I understand that they had to make room for the Goldens, right, and so because normally there's like twelve guys, but this time there were six, and so I was like, ooh, bloodbath. Every week four people are going home. Yikes. And also like I had twenty four hours to make a connection. And that's not a lie. That is exactly how much time I had, so coming down Like normally, like the Old Guard, you would have three or four days to make something happen. No, no, I had twenty four hours. So that really sucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really need to get like there really needs to be a lot of luck involved.
Speaker 2: In a lot of luck, right, Like making a connection down there is like catching lightning in a bottle, like and especially for someone like me who's not like a like heavy hitteror like whoa like Susie. You know, it's like Susie and then Jill like, I hope you're hungry for nothing, Like that's what I felt like when I walked in. I was like, oh my god, sorry, guys, Like it was strange, it was weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how did you feel after you left finding out that the format was going to do a bit of a pivot and half a million dollars was involved, because we see that at the teaser for the rest of the season at the end of the episode, after you've sent yourself home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't care. Like I'm the least competitive person ever. I'm like, do I want half a million dollars?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But do do I want to go through the means to get that? And like make a fake couple with whoever? Who was I even going to couple up with? Like if there was someone there that I could genuinely see something with, yeah, sure, darn that sucks, But like there was no way to get to the half a million dollars. There was no path to get there, so I.
Speaker 4: Didn't really care, right, that makes sense, Like if I'm Susie, M'd be like, maybe I should answer Jeremy's call a little differently, But like in your situation, you're like, I would have literally been stuck with coupled up with someone that I had genuinely no hrmantic interest in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why am I going to do that? Yeah? That would be hell on earth for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really fair.
Speaker 1: Jill. That's it. We're running out of time. Thank you so much for coming on. Always always a pleasure talking to you. I don't think you'll go back on this show.
Speaker 2: I don't think I will either, but anybody else hit me up, you know.
Speaker 1: Yep, Jill, thank you so much for taking the time. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, Thank you, Hey, Joe, follow up on that for me.
Speaker 1: I will yeah. Well, And to all our listeners, thank you for tuning in the Battery Happy Hour. Make sure you download subscribe to the podcast.
Speaker 3: We have new, expensive interviews for you every single week. Thanks for listening. Bye,