Speaker 1: The Nicky Gliser Podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh Niki Glaser Poser's Nikki.
Speaker 3: Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's the Nicki Guiser Podcast. Making my volumes all right, So lately I've been feeling like I look like a cucumber, and I can't I can't get over it. Like I like, right now, if you guys, like look on the YouTube, like whenever I have straight, long hair and it falls in front, like my head doesn't have enough of like uh when and I actually have extra weight on right now and it really gets jolly, and I feel like around my head and then down cucumber.
Speaker 4: Kirsten is laughing right now. She's listening to this podcast.
Speaker 3: I know for a fact because one time in high school I said I looked like a cucumber, and she laughed in such a way that you know it's real, you know, like when you say something. That's how I always test, like if I if something is off with me, I'll say the truest thing, and Kirsten's always the one that I can see through it. I'll be like, I look like an anemic ghost, and She'll be like no, like she will start so if I I just can't stop looking like a cucumber. Yesterday I had my hair makeup done and I was just like, can you curl my hair so that it looks like there's a curl right under my ear so it looks like the cucumber has a little.
Speaker 4: Shape to it, because if it's just flat.
Speaker 5: Cucumber like Ernie's head, like veggietails, like veggietails.
Speaker 3: If you did my silhouette with my hair, yes, but it has it has the girth of a cucumber, not a hot dog, you know, like it could.
Speaker 4: Be a hot dog.
Speaker 3: And I just feel more like a Do you guys ever have that where you like look like Anya, I know you've been having the teeth thing in the mirror where every time you look in the mirror you see something. Do you guys have anything where you're like, God, damn it, I look like like there's some object or animal you feel like you look like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I have a cucumber thing too. I don't see you in cucumber mode right now. But there is a photo of me when I'm a child. There's a picture of me as a kid, and I'm like, oh my god, this picture totally perfectly illustrates all of my issues with my head and my hair. I have an oval head. It's an egghead. I cannot escape that. You can't change your skin.
Speaker 6: You sid to me the other day of you where you were like we were I want baby chat off one?
Speaker 5: Is that.
Speaker 1: Your hair?
Speaker 2: Catherine? Why?
Speaker 4: Why is that your hair? That's from Beep? One of the best lines in viep. But do you see it.
Speaker 3: Was a little bit I'm gonna be mean right now, downzy, Can I be mean to your because you are so beautiful? You look like Mars attacks, you know, like how the aliens have a bigger upper portion. Yeah, like I think you came out of the birth canal and she squeezed halfway through when your head was out and it's all It's all fine.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: I would never say this if this was still your head.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I'm doing girl that Robin does to your hair when they comb the back.
Speaker 4: What is that called a back home comb?
Speaker 7: Backcomb? Is this kid doing a backcomb?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a little bit of a pump coming off the back.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he just had a ponytail and it went like boom, pumped it up a little bit.
Speaker 4: Brian, do you have any like as a man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are there anything so physically about yourself that you're just like, ah, Yeah. The other day Brian did come in and just took off his jacket feverishly.
Speaker 4: This is so funny.
Speaker 3: He ran in the room, he gets here to my room, he takes off his jacket and he just stands in front of me and goes, look, yeah, what do you see?
Speaker 4: And I go, I don't know, and you go, my shoulder, Look at my shoulder.
Speaker 3: His shoulder is like a half an inch lower than the other one. So he had like a shoulder issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm an injury.
Speaker 5: I went to the doctor for it because one of my I strained a muscle and it was insane because my shoulder I could not keep it up, like it was not staying up the level.
Speaker 1: And so if I just sat it's still kind of like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can see it if I just.
Speaker 5: Sit there, Normally I have to like physically try to hold it up because the muscle is still injured.
Speaker 4: So about something what botox?
Speaker 7: Did you get Barbie botox?
Speaker 2: That's where women are injecting stuff into their shoulder, but.
Speaker 1: Drew without having it's not it's not aesthetic.
Speaker 4: Is it hard for you to like tell people you don't care about something when you.
Speaker 1: Go it's only one shoulder shrug. Now it looks like I'm going to dance.
Speaker 6: Looks like what's his name, Big Bobby Bopper? What's the guy that helped you dance?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Big Bobby Bopper. Ryan hip Hop Henning.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got I'm so close. Darian hip Hop Henning. Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh Kappa who tried to kill me for nothing?
Speaker 3: Okay, So back to the question, is there any Do you ever have a thing where you like look in the mirror and you go like, oh, I'm really this today.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what I do have is that the mirror in my room, especially when I'm sitting in this chair. I look at that mirror and I always am like, damn, that's the best I've ever looked whenever I look in that mirror. And I don't look like that in any other mirror in the world or in real life. But for some reason, this mirror is like, Man, I'm like, I go from like a six to a seven in that mirror.
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: Maybe the lighting is it?
Speaker 3: And there are definitely mirrors that make you thinner, But I don't think you want to look thinner, you're already a slender man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe question is it yours?
Speaker 2: Is it that side of your face that's like your best side? Like, what if you turn around and show because right now you're showing the right side of your face. Can you turn around in the mirror look at the left side of your face and also be just the left side.
Speaker 1: Of my face is the better side, So it's actually showing me the bad side of my face?
Speaker 4: How do you you guys know the better side of your face.
Speaker 2: It's just hard for me because I just like all the time.
Speaker 8: Okay, you do both the right side of my face, I see whoa, Okay, your left side.
Speaker 4: I go with your left side.
Speaker 1: My left side, I see clearly better.
Speaker 4: Whoh how did that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's just a more like you're sweeter. His left side looks sweeter.
Speaker 1: Yeah both. Wow. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: It's just better and there's nothing you can do to really step your game up on that. It's just kind of like how everything fell into blair surgery.
Speaker 4: My makeup girl.
Speaker 3: The other day, I was like my wing wing of the eyeliner that I always do wings now, which I think might be Asian cultural appropriation. I'm not sure, but I think that's something that could get us canceled eventually. But when she did my wing and I was like, it's one is way lower than the other. And I was kind of like mad about because I was in a bad mood. I was just nitpicking, and that's what I always doing when I'm in a bad mood. It's just like nothing's right. But I wasn't like, don't think I'm like a bitch and yelling at her. She's very sweet, and I was like, I just think this one's lower, Leah, and she was like, oh, yeah, we do that one lower because your eyes are like different. They like one is on camera it looks like it's the same, but I have been doing one different because your eyes are different.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh, that's the side of my face I sleep on. She brings the other one up.
Speaker 3: That the one that was lower is my good eye, so she could do it at a normal thing, and the other one she's got to bring scoop up.
Speaker 2: And I'm just shocked, you've only discovered this now at thirty nine.
Speaker 4: What do you mean I've I mean, what's been doing Like I have to do.
Speaker 2: Makeup on different sides of my face ever since I started doing makeup. Yeah, like one eyebrow does the thing I love. The other eyebrow is a problem child needs.
Speaker 6: Hell.
Speaker 4: I just don't memorize what it is.
Speaker 3: I know that when every time I do my makeup, I do different things to match and stuff, But I don't memorize when someone's like when I take shows that pictures after shows, people are like, what side do you want to be?
Speaker 4: What side is your best side? And I'm always like I don't. I don't really know.
Speaker 3: And it's not because I'm like it's all so good. I know there's one that's better. I just don't memorize it. And I should because I had my picture taken a fuck ton and I'm very upset with many photos unless how advertising veggietails live.
Speaker 6: You're lucky because you can photograph from the front really well. I feel like not a lot of people have that. You have kind of have to like shift to the side to look a little bit better, but you actually take a really nice photo straight on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and mugshots sides.
Speaker 3: I have had really good license pictures. I have to say, really proud of them. Yeah, where I've been like, damn that was that was a good day, like all of them have been well. In fact, one time I used my license as my Like back in the day, you had to have like business cards in comedy, Brian, you remember that were you around and there was like you had to make business for some reason. Everyone was making business cards in like two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I had a business card.
Speaker 3: Anya, you probably had a music My business card was my license picture. Like I just did my license and I made the I made the weight ninety eight and I made like the you know, I just like changed a little thing about it, but it was my It was such such a good picture.
Speaker 4: I was like, let's use it.
Speaker 5: I had a business card and uh, I made it look like well, on one side, I made it look like a restaurant and uh, it's in their name of the restaurant was comedy. And then underneath it said free delivery.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is like your WGA sign.
Speaker 1: I think I got that bad.
Speaker 4: It's no, no, it's good. It's good.
Speaker 3: It's very cute. Brian and I wrote a joke yesterday. I like, I guess I wrote a joke and then Brian wanted to tell me like he was looking at my act and he was like that joke, just like, are you sure about that joke? Like, and I was just like, what do you mean, Brian? He's like, I don't know, Like do you think it maybe is just a joke that doesn't really that's maybe someone else would tell. And he gave like an example of someone who's kind of hacky, and I was like, well that's all you.
Speaker 4: Had to say. I'm taking it out. I'm not gonna do it, just mention the rights and yeah, I didn't know. I didn't really.
Speaker 3: I'm aware of the person he mentioned, but I wasn't aware of her material. And now this girl doesn't have a shot in hell forever opening for me, because now Brian ruined. If she ever no, no, if she ever wrote me, I would look at her material first. Actually I don't really care. I don't look at the people people who I'm actually not gonna say what I'm about to say because I don't want people writing me and asking for spots. But I generally don't like review tapes. When people are like, hey, can I open for you, I kind of just look and see if they look confident in their clips, Like I don't like watch it, I just go like, oh, because I think most of standard comedy is not being funny, it's being confident.
Speaker 1: Sure, agreed.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, if you just.
Speaker 3: Look comfortable on stage, if you just look you could be not funny at all. And as long as you're comfortable on stage, it's gonna come off to the audience like you're good.
Speaker 4: It's just it tricks me.
Speaker 1: Even the industry too.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's a certain there's a contingent of comedians that have come out in the last five years who don't tell any jokes. They just they're just very confident, leaning on a stool and sitting in silence, and everyone in the industry thinks they're a genius because they're not uncomfortable at all.
Speaker 2: Well, but if you get the right bomber jacket, he just brace the stage slowly.
Speaker 3: Andrew and I used to make fun of certain comedians that do this thing where they go, I just want to repeat it in case people forgot, because I still love it because it is such a device, and I want everyone to be aware to not laugh when people do this when they go like when they.
Speaker 6: Go, you know what.
Speaker 4: I've got some thoughts about Britney spears. You know, I'm not gonna say it.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get canceled not doing it.
Speaker 3: Then the audience goes, come on, they go, no, man, I can't, I can't please, and they like run around. And then if you as an audience are involved in begging the performer to do something you are now investing, you could literally.
Speaker 6: He could just go.
Speaker 3: He could say nothing after that, and you will still like it. That's why crowds think that they've somehow influenced Taylor Swift. Like Taylor Swift when they after Champagne Problems and the Era's tour, they all scream for like, I think the longest it's been a seven minutes.
Speaker 4: After it and and they all it's it's device.
Speaker 3: And I don't think Taylor's like wielding it in a in a way that like comedians the comedians I'm talking about do where it's just they don't really have materials, so they're they're manipulating the crowd. Taylor's just like being nice to the crowd because she wants the crowd to feel like they're in on it, but she's in control there. And I've said this, like Taylor could shut up a crowd in two seconds by talking. But if she doesn't talk and just keeps looking to the side, like and she actually is being she every single time. I don't think she's being fake being like ah, people make fun of her sometimes of being like she's just always shocked by everything, but I honestly think that she is truly appreciative and in the moment for these things, like she's still like the thirteen year old girl who's like trying to make it and can't believe she did. So I'm not saying that she does that, but I don't think people understand how much artists can like manipulate you. Are there any things that you can think of, Brian, that comedians do that really bother.
Speaker 5: You we're talking. I don't know if it really bothers me. But a manipulation tactic is laughing at your own jokes.
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, there are some comics it really is a flaw because they'll just laugh after every single joke because they're jakes aren't funny. And then and then some master comedians like Dave Chappelle have like perfectly timed moments where they break and they laugh and you know, Dave Chappelle. I think it almost like invented this in the modern era, where he like laughs and slaps the microphone on his knee and like, yeah, they're not really laughing, come on, seven thousand times. It's not like this is the first time. They're like, oh my god, I just realized it's funny. Yes.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the other one I've been seeing, what was I just gonna say, shit, it's a good one. Fuck okay, So the fake laughing and then stand up like to get everyone to yeah it's no. That one's pretty good where you you you wait after your set and then everyone stands to give you a standing ovation because they don't know what else to do because you're just standing out there.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. But there's one, Oh man.
Speaker 3: What was it.
Speaker 5: Where you set up the crowd to say something and then you pretend, uh, oh, I know that's the first time you've ever heard of say that.
Speaker 4: You'll know this one, okay.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of comedians used to do it, including me, because you just you don't even realize you're doing it because you just absorb it from watching other comedians and see how much it works. But you hit a punchline and then you immediately go okay. So and then I told him, don't put the almond milk in my iced coffee. Uh like you say ah, after you hit a punchline, start paying attention. So many comedians do this thing. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 5: On you?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, punchline it's some kind of sound or I don't mind that.
Speaker 2: I don't mind any like under your breath talking like and punchlines.
Speaker 4: So that's what I do.
Speaker 8: I do that.
Speaker 3: I like that, but I do that because I like that. The audience has to shut up to listen to it. They can't like keep laughing and they have to go like, wait what she's saying. It's giving you more context. But I think there are lots of really good comedians that get caught in the uh.
Speaker 4: Trap.
Speaker 3: Go listen to your I wish I could give examples without calling names out, because actually, someone I was listening to the other day who I really love his stand up, I was like, oh my god, he's an awe guy.
Speaker 4: And it's a cue.
Speaker 3: It tells the audience it's time to laugh right now. It tells you the joke is over.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: It also simulates like you're you're speaking off the cuff like you're just thinking of these things and you're in a flow state. So it's like if you just went, here's my punchline, and then waited, it sounds less natural. Then here's my punchline, because then it feels like you're having a conversation.
Speaker 3: But after a while, it's Pavlov's dogs and they hear awe and they start salvating, and so they just know that's the cue. Laugh, laugh, laugh, And this whole podcast has just turned into sub talking shit, like talking shit, like not revealing who.
Speaker 4: I love this stuff.
Speaker 2: This is interesting to me.
Speaker 4: People could come at me for so many things I do.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that I mean, I'm never intentionally doing something to be like, I can say that truly about myself. I never try to get attention for something I don't deserve. Ever, that's that's the only virtuous thing about me besides me saving animals all the time, including B A B this morning. Only things that I can trust myself about where I'm like, I'm never cringey and I'm never like I'll put I'll tap myself on the pat myself on the back is I will never That's why I don't look at audience members in the eyes because they will be forced to laugh, and I don't want them to ever laugh. I don't want anyone to do anything that they don't want to do ever, because it's manipulative.
Speaker 5: I only recently that if you look an audience member in the eye, you like kind of activate them for a section of your ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they get nervous and they go because they don't want you to go. What what are you frowned about? Are you having fun? Tell your face? So they go.
Speaker 4: And they just laugh.
Speaker 3: They don't even know what they're laughing at. It's like an insane thing that happens when you look at them, and I don't.
Speaker 4: It makes you so uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: Someone in the eyes in the audits I also pull out a knife. Yeah, and they laughed nervously too.
Speaker 4: I did save a bee this morning.
Speaker 3: I saw a bee struggling on the sidewalk, just like kind of like, I don't know, he had a rough night and he was walking home early in the morning, walk of shame, and he's on the sidewalk he was gonna get trampled on. He just looked lethargic, and I read somewhere that if you get a spoon and put water and sugar in it, then they and they will regenerate like they're just about to die because there's no flowers for them or whatever. And bees we have to save them as much as possible. But the truth thing is, get honey or a gave and these these these make it panic. I went over, it's weird that they like eat honey even though they make it. Wait, hold on, no, they aren't honey. I was gonna say they're cannibalistic, but that bees aren't honey.
Speaker 7: Isn't it their vomit?
Speaker 4: Maybe? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I went into the coffee shop that was like a you know, a couple of feet from where I saw the dead bee almost dead bee, and I was like, can I get some money in?
Speaker 6: They're like, we have a gave. I was like, is that like fake sugar? And they're like, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: So I these bees, if you put a little bit of a gave on the sidewalk, it immediately was like and it saw it and it went over and it was like and it was like sipping it up and I could see it like regenerating back to life. And then it was able to fly away, and it was truly gonna die there on the sidewalk. It was like not doing anything. It was just so I like, saved to be today. I saved to be the other day from the hurricane. It slept in my apartment for the night or in my hotel room. I put it in a jar. I put a leaf in there, some honey, and I had a bee for the night, and then he flew away in the morning. I do put them on my hand and let them fly away. They're not going to sting you if you're gentle. They they would never do that. And it's so satisfying. That's why I go, I don't need kids. The feeling I got from giving this bee nurturing, nurture, sustenance and it's flying away and having a life because I intervened, and just having a connection with a bee where I looked at it and it's cleaning its little tentacles and it like its eyes kind of seem like it's looking at me.
Speaker 4: I don't need kit. I just I that is enough for me.
Speaker 6: I'm like full today and that love tan't Yeah, Like that's all that's all I need.
Speaker 3: I just need to keep myself around animals and I won't need kids. Okay, we're gonna go to break and we'll.
Speaker 4: Be back after this.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, Kirsten went to go visit our alma mater, Lawrence, Kansas, where I'm gonna be actually coming up on my tour, my tour that is starting kicking off in Chicago and September fifteenth, the Chicago Theater Peoria on the sixteenth, and then after that, I don't know where that It's like going so many places.
Speaker 4: Anya will be there, New merch will be there and design it's so cool. Yeah, it's gonna be my shirt.
Speaker 3: And if he plays a world tour and it's like a skull with a microphone and but it looks like there's a news on it too, like it's like it's pretty bad.
Speaker 6: A cucumber.
Speaker 3: Cucumber, Please do not bring cucumbers to me on tour. I don't want any reference to it. It really triggers me. I hate leaking with a cucumber. I just feel like a book clay cucumber with holes. On some days.
Speaker 4: I just look clay sometimes where it's like there's.
Speaker 3: Nothing on my face except holes that someone someone like rubbed clay in some rocks.
Speaker 4: Okay, so.
Speaker 2: October twenty went to our school, what is it, October twenty ninth, Laurence, Kans.
Speaker 4: October twenty ninth.
Speaker 3: Okay, so look out on October twenty nine, because I'm probably gonna do the exact same thing that Kirsten did the other day when she was in Laurence, Kansas.
Speaker 4: And we've done this before.
Speaker 3: When Kirston and I visited, we every college kid is like out on you know, out in the front yard. This is like, you know, first couple of weeks of school. All these college kids are partying on their lawns like it's classic college town. And Kirsten's driving by in her Honda CRV. And we originally did this years ago when we visited and we were it was at night time and kids were like waiting outside in lines to get into bars, like all these young kids, and we just kept saying, so these kids as wait tro five Cursy came up with it, but just saying because it's like a car that a mom would drive, So we just kept saying, Mama's home to these kids, and they would just look confused. So Kirsten did it the other day and she added to it. And so I just wanted to play some of these. Noa, I'll play them on my phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, here we go. Okay, okay, that's the first one. She's going past a frat. Here's another, and here's where we lived.
Speaker 3: Wait wait that let's heart just telling us where we lived. Okay, Wait, it gets buried. I swear it gets better. Okay, that's a little different. Hold on, it gets better, Mama's I realize there's so many of the same one. Okay, I swear to get married. Gribe what's going on.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: There's like a bunch of hot girls in like that are in booty shorts and bikini tops, carrying pizza boxes like in a line. Another one is like a bunch of kids like on the front lawn doing like keg stands, and there's like tons.
Speaker 6: Of things together. There's like a tramp like those like fun castle things.
Speaker 3: Yes, this one is like a kid carrying like a beer pong table and like setting up beer pong.
Speaker 6: They'll turn their heads just like what.
Speaker 4: And then this one is let's see what's happening.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just a bunch of cool frat guys setting up a like corn hole in their front.
Speaker 9: Yard straight as this year, she's just being encouraging, okay.
Speaker 3: And then this one is, oh, this is a huge party, girls playing cornhole, all in their bikinis. Kids, there's a bouncy castle thing. There's like a it's there's probably like fifty girls and.
Speaker 6: Twenty guys on a But it starts off, it starts I think if this is the same video, it starts off with like one girl filming another girl who's on her.
Speaker 4: That one is she didn't she didn't say anything in that one.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, that.
Speaker 4: One's really funny.
Speaker 3: There's a girl twerking in front of a house and another girl filming her for TikTok and it's so funny.
Speaker 4: But this one is just a huge party on the front lawn.
Speaker 3: Stay safe tonight, just make good choices, don't drink and drive, just get great straining.
Speaker 4: Yourselves.
Speaker 3: So, if you guys want to start this trend, if you live in a college area, when there's kids up front and like cool kids having a party, if you want to tell them to get straight a is tell them mama's home, daddy's home, be yourselves, don't do drugs. I think it's just a really good trend, and we should start it where we just you know, it's a drive by screaming of encouraging things for these college kids study hard.
Speaker 6: For sleep shifts, patriarchy.
Speaker 4: Take you down, Alice. This girl's like like, look at this video of this girl fully twerking.
Speaker 6: Wait, no, do you have it?
Speaker 4: Because I don't think I saved that one.
Speaker 1: Be Yourselves is a really good one.
Speaker 5: I mean, I remember is walking past this event and there was like a college orientation happening for USC, and I just I could see visibly kids not being themselves, like trying to present themselves in a certain way, and it made me feel just like I was so sad.
Speaker 1: I remember. It reminded me of me when I went to college when I first went, and I was like, man, just know.
Speaker 4: I found it.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Okay, Yeah, I guess I didn't save it because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's oh that's for TikTok.
Speaker 7: Thought.
Speaker 6: Oh my hold on, I don't think I would have ever done that because it's right next door to a party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's TikTok. Guys, you that's quite a significant.
Speaker 3: Bad I'm so this makes me like, so if we were just showing a video of the party that's happening on this lawn. It makes me so nostalgic. Like I know that a lot of us are probably like Brian, You're just saying it gives you anxiety. It makes you reminds you of like a time in your life you didn't know who you were and you were just struggling to find an identity.
Speaker 4: I like, am so jealous. I want to go back, And maybe I want to go back because I know who I am now and I want to do that.
Speaker 6: Like man, I like, I.
Speaker 3: Really I get so jealous of college kids that I almost like can't even watch those videos.
Speaker 4: It really affects me. I guess there was.
Speaker 6: There was one message in Girls' Chap from Kirston though, She's like, I bet all those kids are like riddled with anxiety. They're at that party, but they don't know how to act, you know, because they all have to like make first impressions and stuff. And I think that's probably it. They're not having a good time.
Speaker 1: I think they're having a good time. I mean, I think there's they are.
Speaker 4: There's a lack and they're like hanging out.
Speaker 1: I got their whole lives ahead of them. They're so excited right now.
Speaker 5: Perhaps there's anxiety and they're going to do embarrassing things like when I wrote a keg down a river or when I was weird, Like, you'll do stuff like that, but you're not necessarily having a bad time.
Speaker 1: You're just like I was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had the best time.
Speaker 3: I loved going to these parties and like and just I liked the anxiety that went along with it, like getting dressed up and like where are we going to go tonight? And just knowing that you have no responsibilities. I mean, I know some people listening to the podcasts were like I was working in college. I worked a little bit, but mostly like you just it's like this, it's a great little bubble and you have no responsibilities.
Speaker 2: Really were your best friends in college?
Speaker 4: Kat and Kirston?
Speaker 9: Kat?
Speaker 3: I went one year to Boulder and Kat was my Catherine was my best friend. And then and then I transferred my sophomore year, and then Kirston was my best friend. And then we had a falling out my junior year or no, no, no, I guess it was yeah, junior year, and then I was doing stand up comedy and then I like didn't really have any friends I was just obsessed with doing comedy. And then senior year, uh, same same deal. I was just like dying to get out. So I think I kind of I feel like I didn't have the full college experience because for the first half I was starving and almost dead, and then the second half I was like.
Speaker 6: Wanting to get the fuck out because yeah, like I want.
Speaker 4: To go back because I like, no, I do it.
Speaker 3: I was even having fun when I was starving and miserable, like I remember it fondly, even though I was suffering. So now I'd be like fucking thriving.
Speaker 5: Type of anxiety that you have in college, the anxiety is optimism. It's like, oh my god, maybe I'll meet somebody, maybe i'll meet friends, maybe I'll get drunken, something crazy will happen. And then when you get to become an adult and you have anxiety about an event, it's pessimism. It's like, oh God, what's going to happen tonight, I'm gonna be so tired when I get back. Probably I'm not. No one's going to be there that I like, And so that's the difference, and that's not true.
Speaker 6: I have I have a personal story.
Speaker 1: Oh Okay.
Speaker 6: So I was on Fifth Avenue in Brooklyn. I was coming out of it was actually like a sex shop. So I was coming out of a sex shop and then all of a sudden, they hear someone call my name and it was someone that I was friends with in college. His name is Javier, and we started talking and it's literally like fifteen years after, like I've seen him last night and like, hey, do you remember me in college? And he's like, of course I do. And I'm like, what was I like? And he's like, oh man, you were really jaded. You were just like really concerned about what you were going to be when you were going to grow up, and some of the college and stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I'm saying is like I guess I want to go back now that I know it wasn't that big of a deal. I mean, this is all kind of retrospective, like Hindsight's twenty twenty, where it's like I just know that what college is now, and I think I understand it more, and I think we should let college students know, like it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: Have fun.
Speaker 3: This is the last time of your life you can have fun without the burden of rent, and you know, I'm just talking to people whose parents are paying for everything, at which I had the privilege of my parents paying for my college tuition.
Speaker 5: So I know that that is that's true across the board, though, apply that to every age, every age. I'm sure if there is someone ten fifteen years older than you looking back at your age, they would say, none of it matter.
Speaker 3: You need to well I know, yeah, no that's not true. They go freeze your eggs. You're gonna want to enjoy it, but that's what they say. Older women are constantly like, oh dude, ah bah bah bah, and I'm I have this new thing where I talk about on stage, you know, like you know, every comedian talks about like their age on stage and like what they're going through at that age. And for most women it's like complaining about like I'm getting older, and most men too, Like I think after twenty eight people are like, I'm old. And that's like the comedians whole like half their act is like, uh, this is what it's like at this age. And I just recently started doing this thing on stage where I'm like, I'm not gonna say I'm old because there's fucking old people here, and it's really rude when someone younger than you says they're old.
Speaker 4: It's just like, no one wants to fucking hear it.
Speaker 3: Shut the hell up, every twenty something year old, don't ever say you're old. There's someone with in earshot who is elderly and they don't appreciate it, and so like I.
Speaker 4: And but there I tell myself that stuff all the time.
Speaker 3: Like I sometimes I think, now I look at my life and I'm like, it's so good right now, Like I had. I talked to my psychiatrist yesterday about like my meds and adjusting them, and I was like, I just my life is perfect.
Speaker 4: Can we just keep it this way?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: How do I keep how do I enjoy my perfect life? Nothing is wrong with my life. I'm miserable a lot of times, but my life, if you write out all the details, is one hundred percent perfect.
Speaker 4: There's nothing more I want. There's nothing there really isn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd like to not have suicidal thoughts as often, But on the outside, my life is truly great, and I try to remember that sometimes. Today this morning, I just didn't want to get out of bed, so I started going through a list of I'm grateful for my tongue. I'm grateful for my teeth, I'm grateful for my nose. I'm grateful for my eyes. I'm grateful for my hair. Like I was saying all those things because I really didn't want to get out of bed. But I think that, yeah, I try to. I try to know that right now, bitching about my age just DoD because tomorrow I'm going to be older, and it's it's not getting any better.
Speaker 4: It's not getting Eddie better.
Speaker 5: I think it's now I have to come up with something that Anya says that's not true too so so far, I said something that Noah vehemently said wasn't true, and then I said something that Nicky's vehemently said wasn't true. You know, I also think that like music is like you know, there's no emotion. There's no emotion behind music. I think mostly it's like a formula for you know, computers. I don't think anyone really even emotes when they're making songs.
Speaker 4: It's straight.
Speaker 7: I completely disagree.
Speaker 2: Wait, I didn't even hear you vehemently disagree with no I heard you disagree.
Speaker 7: Did you disagree with the cucumber?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I vehemently disagreed with Brian.
Speaker 5: Is just Noah said that's not true, and then she had an example, and then NICKI said that's not true, and then she had.
Speaker 1: An example, said that not true.
Speaker 6: That's not true.
Speaker 5: I still think the things I said are true. Time Yeah, uh no, I still think the things I said were true. You know what actually today, Here's what happened today so far in the pod, I said, Nicky said that my business card wasn't funny. No one said that what I said about college isn't true.
Speaker 1: Nicky said that.
Speaker 4: One's going to quit the pod. Someone's being ganged up on.
Speaker 1: You can't go on right now.
Speaker 4: I see it coming.
Speaker 5: And then when I asked Amya to say, tell me that what I said isn't true, she didn't even say it.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: I still think.
Speaker 2: I was still thinking about how both sides of your face look great and you don't have a bad side. I couldn't even disagree with that. I almost disagreed with that, because.
Speaker 1: One side is worse. No, but I'm not actually upset fy I.
Speaker 4: No, but you can't. I don't think you are. Brian.
Speaker 3: Brian is Brian's the best because I can like when I the other day we were working on jokes for my act, and.
Speaker 4: Uh, I was did I tell this already?
Speaker 3: Where I was saying, like I do that one I don't know about, but like I'd like that you did this part of it, like I like where you're the angle of it was. So that was like a good way to start. But I don't know if and he goes you can just say no, like you don't like it, and I go can I? And so then the next time I didn't like a joke, I go no and he goes, okay, actually, and then I started just going.
Speaker 4: Like no, no, and he was like, actually, this is starting dark.
Speaker 6: Making me think of something I just heard.
Speaker 7: It's a weird reach, but try to follow me.
Speaker 2: So I was listening. Maybe what you're doing is female and we're we're raised to do this like a firm, give positive feedback, do the sandwich thing, good thing, negative thing, good thing.
Speaker 7: But I was just listening to this podcast.
Speaker 2: Asked a snippet, and I might send you a snippet on the Girl's Chat, which Nikki often does, and it's done so well, just a short little snippet. But this man was talking about how uh you know the number one cause of suicide or the number one cause of death among men is suicide our favorite topic on this podcast. And eighty two percent of men who commit suicide are in therapy, but the majority of therapists are women. This is not a slag toward women, but he was saying that what kind of therapy works for women a lot, which is affirming your feelings, reflecting your feelings back to you, and letting you know that your feelings are valid, doesn't often work for men, in particular men who are potentially suicidal. They need action, like, yes, your feelings are valid, but like these guys are bottoming out in their lives in a huge way.
Speaker 7: They need like get up, wash your hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really interest.
Speaker 3: The biggest problem I have with therapists is this, like that sounds really hard, okay, and how does that make you? Where do you feel that on your body? I'm like, tell me what to do, tell me why don't therapust I don't know, because I that is the true. I want to just say that let's not correlate men killing themselves with therapy. The reason that number that eighty two percent of men who kill themselves go to therapy is because those men have mental issues, and people with mental issues are more likely to be in therapy, so it's less of a causality and.
Speaker 2: More a thing he was saying, Yeah, exactly, He's he's saying that surprisingly a lot of these people are aware of the problem and maybe talking about the problem.
Speaker 7: It's not that it's the top therapy.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you, And yeah, my lover is started to go see someone and he has just said, I don't know, you know, I can't tell tell you like what in terms of like the what I'm getting out of it from the person I'm talking to. But just talking about these things that I don't want to burden you with or really anyone in my life has been extremely helpful. So just saying them and I think that's that's what he's getting out of it so far.
Speaker 4: I really like that.
Speaker 3: But I think you're right, and I've I've preally I consider myself fairly masculine energy in most ways other than my pussy, and even that looks masculine some days.
Speaker 4: You know, things are changing, and uh waits again, I just have to share that.
Speaker 3: Chris and I got into a little bit of a debate the other day about trans like if it's okay for trans women that have not had the surgery to be in women's locker rooms, And he was saying like, and he was not on any either side. He was just presenting an argument of saying, like, would you so Poppy my niece, for He's like, so you wouldn't care if Poppy was in a locker room and just Dick went swinging by her face, And I was like, well, I would be uncomfortable if a vagina went swinging by her, you know, like, I don't think anything should be swinging by people's faces in locker rooms, and I don't think But they came out that like there was a reason for his concern about this because he had an experience with a where someone was like pretty scarred by seeing a penis in the in the world, and so it made sense that he was concerned about a young person seeing a penis. And I get that, but I said, I've seen vaginas in locker rooms that are so much more horrifying than any penis, So it's not like she's safe from seeing disgusting genitals. Yeah, in a locker room, whether it's a vagina or a penis.
Speaker 5: When I was my argument, penises were swinging by my face all the time in locker rooms.
Speaker 3: I mean, they should not be swinging anywhere, Like, it's not okay for those to be to you should in a locker room. You should not be swinging anything. You should not be walking around with your genitals, and especially by kids that are like genital height. I think that's disgusting, and I think that anyone that's doing the exactly totally agree.
Speaker 2: I can hear my mom's voice right now. You Americans are so strange and puritanical. People grow up around nudity all the time.
Speaker 3: And well, I would say to your mom, there are perverts to get off by putting their penises in children's faces, just in the vicinity, and so that is something I wouldn't want anyone to see.
Speaker 5: And there's also a difference between growing up around nudity and then someone swinging their penis in front of your face.
Speaker 3: I love nobody to get off one of the at least one person listening to this who's like has a boner right now thinking about like some sick fuck.
Speaker 6: Like this is.
Speaker 3: Why do you think guys expose themselves to people in the street they get off from it.
Speaker 4: This is a thing.
Speaker 3: It's not like genitals are just like just natural and we should all have them out all the time.
Speaker 4: Like I'm to I could totally be a NEWDICST.
Speaker 3: I don't really have a problem with people seeing my genitalia if it's in a non sexual way, like I just don't. The sound guy the other day was definitely saw my nipple, and I'm sure he was like maybe excited by that, but because I didn't wasn't doing it in a sexual way.
Speaker 4: I just didn't care.
Speaker 2: But I'm not like as where you get nude.
Speaker 3: Yes, but there are people in locker rooms, no matter what their gender are, that get off on Maybe I could see that they would get off on a little girl seeing their balls or their vagina lips in a way, or their tits like they sickos.
Speaker 5: When I would go into a gym locker room to take a shower, I would wear a towel around it, and then I would go into the shower and take the towel off. But there are there and it's a very old man thing to do also, But they're people who just walk around flopping around free and open without any shame, which is fine to not have shame.
Speaker 4: That's fine, but if you're doing it so for a sexual thing.
Speaker 1: You just don't know why. You don't know why they're doing it. Right, Some people are really help it.
Speaker 2: But a trans a trans woman who hasn't had the surgery, is not going into a locker room to like swing their genitalia around.
Speaker 4: No, definitely not. But they could.
Speaker 3: Just like us, Yeah, they're like just just I'm not saying that it's I think the chances of that are fucking insane. But that's not to say that they couldn't just like a woman couldn't have her vagina and get off on having a kid like catch a glipse Like, people are fucking sick out there.
Speaker 6: We all know it.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, like, I don't think that's the reason to not have to Like, if there could be a dick in a bathroom and a women's bathroom on a trans person, that doesn't mean I'm not like protecting a little If Poppy saw a penis and was like, what's that, I'd be like, well, some women are born with penises, and your brother has a penis and he was born you know, like I would just explain it. I wouldn't be I don't think that she would need like counseling to get overseeing a penis.
Speaker 5: On a way, it all depends on the response to it. Yeah, Like I think if you respond like, oh my god, you saw a penis, Oh my god, how do you, then she'd be traumatized by penises forever totally like, yeah, some people have penises, Yes, that would be fine.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get to Reddit dumb because my mom was getting at okay, oh we're gonna get a break, and that we're going to come back for Reddit dump. All right, we're back. Anya has one more story about swinging things around.
Speaker 2: When my friend came out as a lesbian and I was like, I did not respond in a way that I wish I would have. I was like, you are not gay. You are more guy crazy than me. You've slept with more guys than I ever have. I remember she was like trying to help me understand that she really really loved girls, and she goes, there is nothing like having a woman on top of you with their breasts swinging around. It was like, and she's like, that's it, Like, there's just nothing like seeing a woman's breast swinging from scientists the.
Speaker 3: Way that makes me feel when I hear it. I don't have any that does not do anything for me, so it kind of proves it.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, what are you guys doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just saying, and that's nice to hear that that she doesn't mind like utter tits, like you know, like we also I've talked about this, like when your tits hang down and look like cow waters. It's like and they lose like their fat on the sides and they just they almost have like a bell jar type to them. That it's one of my most ing off. Oh god, I that's that is why women wear bras when they're on top. Sometimes I think, yeah, antipe, But it's nice to hear that another woman doesn't mind it and she would love to see them swinging around.
Speaker 4: And you were just like and she's like, that's that's it. Does that not prove it to you? I was like, kind of does?
Speaker 7: It was also like also when they're just.
Speaker 2: This is sorry, this is this is immature, but she was like, when they just drag their vagina down my chest, it's.
Speaker 7: The most amazing thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, you're gay, I got it. When they just slug down my chest and leave a snail trail with anyone. Try it? Mark my man?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Mark my man. That is such a weird move.
Speaker 3: But it would make me laugh so hard if I I I love doing funny bits though, so I could see myself doing that and just being like, hold on, I'm just trying something.
Speaker 6: Just say.
Speaker 3: He'd be like, Clayze, what you do it. I'd be like, wait a second, just I gotta get I gotta get this, and it's just like a marker going er.
Speaker 5: A.
Speaker 4: He's get to Reddit dump. Yeah, ladies, this is your redit dumb okay, So this is okay this.
Speaker 3: I found this last night and I was like, oh my god, I can't wait to hear Noah and Anya's thoughts because it's about a subject that I like to talk about with them. And Brian, I guess I'll hear your thoughts too, and you'll like get too. And this is called this is from true off my Chest and it says concern my daughter may have caught my husband cheating. She says, I just tried posting this bute blah, I'll just kiss me sorry. I was bathing our two daughters, five and two, about a week ago, when I was drying them off, my daughter was talking about being naked and how well. I didn't even realize this was going to connect. My daughter was talking about being naked and how you're only naked in private and for things like taking a bath. I told her, yes, that's true.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Then she said that lady was naked on daddy. I was confused, what do you mean, daddy and that lady were naked there? She pointed to our bed.
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: I asked her who the lady was and she shrugged like she obviously didn't know. I can't think of what possible scenarios she could have seen that could have been misconstrilled as a naked woman on my husband. My mind was kind of blown, and I can't stop thinking about what she claims she saw. He's on his phone a lot, always texting people. I haven't asked him why he always has his phone glued to him, even in the shower. I feel uncomfortable demanding he hand over his phone. He gets up very early to go to the gym. Now going to the gym isn't new for him, but he used to go after work. Now sometimes he goes before work and after work, he is constantly This is the interesting part. He's constantly horny and has been for the past few months. I've asked him what's wrong with him. He says he doesn't know, but it's like he's eighteen again and he's constantly getting hard and can't stop thinking about sex. He's never had a problem in this area, and he was also never like this. He's become obsessed with sex and constantly wants it. At first, it was flattering and I felt desired and he wanted to and it seemingly from me so so often that I never imagine he could be cheating. Now I'm wondering why did he suddenly go from being a normal man with a normal health sex drive to being a teenage boy. She says, none of these things by itself is super suspicious, other than what my daughter said, and then she goes on to like, what should I do? And everyone, everyone, including every man that wrote back to this, said, someone wanting to have sex all the time is one hundred percent a sign of cheating. When you get sex, your sex drive goes up, and so the more you get it, the more you want it. So she was thinking he's want sex all the time. So why would he be cheating If I'm having sex with him like twice a day, that actually is a sign of someone being be She.
Speaker 6: What a stare peerrel talks about, like when people cheat, it actually makes them like sort of like a not a better partner, but like it ignites them for their actual partner. And just like you know, going off and she and it's not just the sex part of it's probably like the pursuit and you know, feeling like someone's attracted to you, like the whole thing. And then he comes home and he's stole horny for his wife. Yep.
Speaker 3: And this was there was a great advice given to this woman. There's a I guess a site you can go on that sends can send anonymously a text to you saying you've been exposed to an STD get.
Speaker 4: A test to get a test.
Speaker 3: And if he got that text and doesn't share that with her and says, I just got this fucking text.
Speaker 4: Did you get this?
Speaker 3: Then he's taking care of it on his own. And that's probably a thing like if you're a man hurts uh huh, or that if he's just if he doesn't go babe, I just got this weird STD text.
Speaker 4: What the fuck is this?
Speaker 3: Like, someone who's not cheating is not going to go I have an STD from college ten years. But like if you're if you've been married for ten years or whatever, you don't have an STD.
Speaker 6: Is this.
Speaker 7: Up to trap people?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: No, I think it's just a device.
Speaker 3: That's like someone came up with the site to give to people that like may be ashamed that they gave someone.
Speaker 4: An STD or something and just warm them.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: And this person, what is came up with that idea?
Speaker 3: She has what her kid said, I think that's like strong enough to have a conversation about it. Well, everyone's telling her, now, install cameras. You have to get full proof, Like, don't accuse your husband of cheating until you can get proof, because he can delete everything, get everything cleaned up, and then you look crazy and you can't get the money that you need in the divorce and you can't Like, so she everyone's selling her install cameras, go away for the weekend and get it on camera.
Speaker 5: If you're a true master cheater, then you will respond to that text in the right way. And you imagine if you were cheating, you get that STD test, and then you go to your wife and you say, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: Can you believe this way? Are you cheating on me? Guys not a master in front of his gas lighting? Yeah, I mean, can you imagine this.
Speaker 3: Guy having sex in front of his five year old with another woman thinking, oh, she probably won't remember.
Speaker 7: Also, as I do agree that.
Speaker 2: Having sex can ignite your sex drive and you can want more sex, but as somebody who was involved with somebody that was cheating and lying about it, the opposite is also true. There's so much shame associated sometimes with what they're doing, especially if they're a sex addict, that they can also be completely like impotent and like not know what's going on, And that can happen out of the movie because it's catching up to them. They're getting guilty, they're feeling trapped, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think that most people would think, no, he has sex with me all the time, he can't be cheating, And I just don't. That was the first I had ever heard of people going like, no, no, no, that's actually a heightened sex drive out of nowhere is actually a sign that something could be a rived.
Speaker 6: As the advice that they're giving her is like presuming that she would want to get divorce, Like, does she want to break up with him if he's cheating on her? Or is it something that's repairable.
Speaker 3: I think having sex with a woman in front of your child is there's no repairing that. And I'm someone if I got cheated on, I would forgive the person, but not if they fucked in front of my five year old.
Speaker 1: Hell, come on, what are you doing? Why are you doing?
Speaker 4: He had the kids that weekend?
Speaker 1: Take a second, so gross?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is another one.
Speaker 2: Babysitter, Oh, no, kid would have been like, it's Cassidy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, you're right. Okay.
Speaker 3: So this one is from No Stupid Questions, And I think this is a question that everyone asks and no one really ever has the answer to. In fact, Brian, this was posed recently when we were all hanging out and you looked up a podcast to find the answer to it, and we really didn't get one. But the question is from No Stupid Questions. Why is cocaine being laced with fentanyl? Fentanyl lace cocaine has been in the news causing a lot of death, but why would drug dealers want to lace their drugs with an extremely deadly drug like fentanyl that will draw way more attention to both their enterprises and killing their clientele, which would be bad for business. Anybody able to explain? Do you guys want to take a stab at this before I tell you the answer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So we I looked up a podcast which I won't name because not going to throw shade it a podcast, but this podcast did not answer the fucking question.
Speaker 1: The title of the podcast was that question.
Speaker 5: We listened to it for thirty minutes, and it was like it was just leading us on with like YouTube style teasers for thirty fucking minutes. But before we answer why fentanyl is is put into drug, let's go.
Speaker 4: Back twenty years ago to the Ragan administration.
Speaker 1: Just tell us yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: But this question gets asked all the time because it does seem counterintuitive. Why would you want to kill your clientele? Why are this thing that a microscopic level can definitely kill someone?
Speaker 4: Why would you mix stuff with that? I think it's stud I know the answer.
Speaker 1: I have two theories.
Speaker 5: One is that somehow I don't know if this is true or not, so if somehow it gives their user a high a better high, then maybe they'll get more addicted to it, and then they'll wind up buying more despite the risk. And secondly, is potentially maybe lacing it with ventanyls cheaper than the actual drug, so they're just kind of filling it out like a filler.
Speaker 6: Strongly disagree with you, Brian, and it is correct.
Speaker 3: By saying this, someone commented, and these are all just commenters, so if you know better than this, please let us know.
Speaker 4: But this all seemed to make sense to me for the first time.
Speaker 3: Someone said that people saying that drug dealers would cut cocaine with fentanyl is insane. I can't imagine it would make it stronger. It's a downer and would work against the upper. So fentanyl is a downer, cocaine's an upper. It doesn't make sense to cut them together. Okay, here's the real reason. I don't know if you guys know this. I've seen a couple episodes of Intervention. I didn't know that people can be addicted and regularly use fentanyl and not overdose, that it is a street drug that actually is people buy and they use, and they use it in a way that they do not od that people like have a tolerance for so like people that die of fent overdoses usually have never done any fentanyl, so it's the first time it's in their system. They od they have a tolerance. But fentanyl is a street drug that is sold, so the answer is coming here with first hand knowledge, says this person. Cocaine dealers would not add fentanyl as a cutting agent unless they are crazy. It is cross contamination. The vast majority of times, one has to understand that drug dealers are not keeping their different drug stashes safe from one another. One custy customer comes in for fent, then the next for cocaine, same table scale, scooper, et cetera. Plus, most drug dealers are also high and absolute rex shit. Sometimes the fent is white powder, so it could easily be given to someone by accident. Luckily, when I was dealing, fent didn't exist, although I did give people ketamine instead of coke a few times. I also did that to myself, which is somewhat hilarious. As the first pooter is a doozy.
Speaker 4: I don't know what pooter means.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know what custy meant, but I guess assume customer. But that's the reason it's it's being these guys are dealing fentanyl to and using the same scales and stuff, so it was gonna.
Speaker 2: Somebed but not that specific. That is fascinating.
Speaker 4: I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 6: Hasn't coke always been laced with stuff? And also like in the way that like the whole like drug works. It's not like the drug dealer is the one who is getting it from, Like wherever it comes from, there's like layers of people, So maybe he's cutting it or she's cutting it with stuff to try to make more of a profit, right.
Speaker 2: Like maybe laxative with cocaine and all that stuff, which is why I never knew why people had diarrhea when they did coke. But it's not that because it would make sense for the effect of that they're going for. But okay, it's an accident. It is crazy how many people are dying of it constantly. Sorry that Brian was wrong, but Noah was right. I just like the way Noah said it.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's pooin trying to the first first time you get high drug contest?
Speaker 1: We all know that pooter can mean vagina.
Speaker 5: People have said that before, like fartle people. Yeah, there's there is disagreement online about what pooter means, even in fact, one of the Urban Dictionary definitions is saying pooter does not mean vagina. Everyone knows that pooter is a butthole. So but I don't see anyone using this in a drug context or getting high context.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, well you knew if you had a first pooter, you know it's.
Speaker 4: Okay. I liked this question.
Speaker 3: This is from like a podcast that I don't listen to, but they have a subreddit that I like some of the posts because it's all about I think it's about It's a podcast about diet culture and making fun of it and like poking holes on it, which I love. So I guess the the podcast is called Maintenance Phase. If anyone listens to it, let me know why I should listen to it and steer me into some episodes. But I for some reason, I like their subreddit. So I liked this question, which anti fat media hurt your soul? As a fat as a kid slash teenager, do you guys remember any specific things you know that Jessica Simpson fat picked quote unquote fat picture, Like, are there any things that stand out to you as a teenager, and Brian, this could be like for like male you know, uh, the like the ideal male body, like an Abercrombie bag or something, you know what I mean, Like where you just cemented in your head like, oh, this was a formative moment and now I need to be that.
Speaker 4: Shaking so many.
Speaker 2: Catalog And I was with China and we were probably sophomores, and we're looking at the Victoria's Secret catalog and there was Front's French chess, French sUAS.
Speaker 7: I forget her name. She's a famous model.
Speaker 2: She had like a cool angular jaw, and she was just beautiful and oddly in some heiny way, I looked a little bit like her. She looked a little slavic. She had like kind of droopy eyes like I do. And she had a curvier body like I did. China was very skinny and wiry, and as she was developing, her body was more like something Stephanie Seymour like looked like. So Stephanie Seymour, if you don't know, was a Victoria's Secret model, huge breasts and just ripped, just skinny and ripped. And that was China's body type. And I was leaning a little more toward Friensoise whatever her name was, and I was like looking in Victoria's Secret and China goes, she points out the one I was looking at, and she goes, ugh, I'd kill myself with if that was my stomach, And I was like, if what was your stomach? And it was like my stomach was slowly developing into this curvier but beautif.
Speaker 6: Is a Victoria's Secret model, that she'd kill kill herself, They'd kill myself if that was my stomach. I'm guessing that she knew that you related to that one and was trying to be mean.
Speaker 2: Probably maybe sorry Chai if you're listening, but yeah, I was just.
Speaker 4: Like feeling that her brain was doing that to hurt your feelings.
Speaker 2: What are you?
Speaker 4: Probably jealous? Mine is immediately I'm a slave for you.
Speaker 3: Video Britney spears her stomach in that the lines going down it and just the way just her low slung pants and her perfect it's not even like a six pack, it would just look dehydrated, like a dehydrated stomach, and Brittany like pulling it all the way down. I'm not a girl, not yet a woman, her pulling it all the way down and then that little like on the back.
Speaker 4: I will never have it.
Speaker 3: The other day I saw a girl and I was like, oh, I love the way you're back and like goes into your butt and it like slopes like this like mine's always like like it has like it just goes straight down hers what like whoop, like you could skateboard on it. Oh like that little that part of your back that goes like that. Brittany had a perfect one, and then uh it could it definitely is like I definitely probably have more like caw see him build up because I don't sit properly and so I don't have that like centaur like bombs that comes off the back. And then I think Jennifer Aniston her definitely low slung, low rise jeans with crop tops and and her arms always looking really really thin like.
Speaker 7: Giant.
Speaker 2: And then like someone messaging you like these are all things you were doing in your head you never heard Like wasn't there a moment where someone or something said something and you're like, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, I see I was thinking more like things from culture like pop culture. No, mine were always I no one ever. One time some guy came up to me and said I had dumps like a truck or something, but he was talking about my thighs and he like, or no, he said I had thighs, like what. I'm sorry I did the wrong lyric He said I had thighs, like what? Because I was sitting on something and my thighs were like splayed out, you know, like your thighs look like a puddle of hell when you sit down, and every girl relates to this, and so I remember being like, oh my god, my thighs are like I have like thick thighs, and I like hated that.
Speaker 4: But no, I was pretty thin child.
Speaker 3: I was a pretty thin girl growing up, so I never worried about like looking I was. I never felt fat until I was fat. And then I remember just saying I wanted to kill myself, and all my friends being like, Jesus fucking Christ, Nikki, we.
Speaker 4: Just want to go to the mall. Put on a pair of jeans, and I was like, none of them fit.
Speaker 3: And I was in my dark room and I was on my bed screaming, crying, and they were all like, we're just gonna go, and I'm like, go because none of my fucking stupid express jeans fit because I had gained so much weight because I ate eighteen bowls of cereal every day after school. But then my most formative I will say, I was eating so much cereal at this point in my life and just like eating constantly in high school. And my aunt Linn said I would never get a boyfriend and that I you. She told my parents, you can't let her eat like this. This is disgusting. No, no one should eat this much. She's never gonna get a boyfriend. And I didn't want a boyfriend. So I was like, gobble, gobble, like whatever keeps the boys away, Like I don't want to get a date, Like I hate boys, they're gross. I was, and so I I remember that, and but not It was mainly I just knew that my body didn't look like the things that everyone said was perfect, and so I deduced from that like I don't need someone to tell me I'm fat. I can see it when they go or oh, you know, the biggest part, the biggest thing, final thought. I think the biggest thing that every woman notices when she starts to feel like her body isn't enough is that you see someone with a better body than you talking shit about their body and then you go, Okay, well, then clearly I'm a fucking trash bag.
Speaker 4: Uh you know, slot pig, like that's what I am. Mine was my mom.
Speaker 3: She was so much smaller than me, and she would say she was fat, and so I would go, Mom, then what am I? And she go it looks different on you, you know, like that bullshit. So it's like she didn't mean to. My mom just had a bad self esteem when it came to come to her body. She didn't have any like she just grew up in diet culture came and as a child. Yeah, she there was no she was not gonna help me out in that regard by setting good the body examples she had.
Speaker 4: There's nothing she could have done.
Speaker 3: But it's mainly that where you yeah, you just hear someone else disparaging themselves and you go, well, I would kill to look like her, and she hates herself. So I guess she would step in front of traffic if she looked like me. I should probably do the same. No, what do you remember any.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess just like looking at like the Delia's catalogs or like what was it like it was uh roxy or like silver something where it was just like these like really young, pretty like surfer girls. They were like blonde, and they just always looked like so beautiful in like the glimmering sunlight. And I'm just like this pimply misshapen teenager.
Speaker 3: Yes, tiny little blonde surfer girls. That was the time of like Kate Bosworth. And even though one girl got her arm bitten off by a shark, I was like, I guess she's thinner than me.
Speaker 4: Now she weighs less. Now, never gonna have that s.
Speaker 6: I don't relate though, I don't relate non existent to having weight issues for me. I just always felt misshapen, like my my body was like irregular shaped. But it was never about.
Speaker 3: It was not about likes are fat or it's the same for you, Anya, Like it was more about the shape, Like I wish this part of my body was a different shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like I wish I was taller. I wish my legs were longer. Why do I have these thick legs? And just bullshit, it's.
Speaker 4: All Well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: When I got anorexic, I had the perfect body like it was I am tall, I am slut. It looked I looked like a supermodel body wise, like I really like nailed it. Yeah, no, that's what I'm saying. Like, but I will say that I got the body I wanted and was not happy. Yeah, and was skinnier than Jennifer Anison. I remember looking in catalogs and being like, oh my god, I'm thinner than fucking Jennifer Anison. Suck it, bitch, Like I have more self control than you. I hear that you actually enjoy a tortilla chip every now and again with Brad at Casa Vega.
Speaker 4: I would never do that. I'm better than you that. Yeah, you remember that.
Speaker 3: I knew Anya would know that reference, but I but I never relate to the shape thing because I guess mine was always just like, well, now I do like my my I hate that I don't have a butt or I don't have a and then my head looks like a cucumber is a new thing, but it's never go and it did in high school. And Kristen's laughing again right now if she's listening to this, because she knows that I looked like a tired, pale cucumber.
Speaker 2: So untrue.
Speaker 3: And so I want to try to find the picture of the original cucumber picture because no one could argue because I used to straighten my hair like Jennifernson with.
Speaker 4: An ironing board.
Speaker 3: With an iron on the ironing board and my dad's room in his dressing room, and he would come down and say, it smells like burnt haired on your hair.
Speaker 4: It smells like the Holocaust. And I'd be like, are you.
Speaker 7: He would say that.
Speaker 3: I go, what, Why do you know what that smells like? Why are you right now? He's like, this is probably what it smelled like. I'm like, whoa, my I mean it kind of probably did.
Speaker 5: For me.
Speaker 1: I was like I wanted my arms to be bigger. I wanted my legs to be bigger.
Speaker 5: But like I wasn't looking at other celebrities and stuff and getting sad. I think, I don't know if this is true for other young boys, but like I would when I would see like a strong guy, I'd be like, WHOA, that is so cool. Look at that strong guy like a wrestler or like Goku and dragon ball Z. I wouldn't be like, I wish my arms were that big. I feel like a piece of ship. I'd be like whoa that guys.
Speaker 3: Whow we internalize it as like we're bad because we're not that, and they be like, but it's not their fault, like who's doing this?
Speaker 6: Why are we like that? I think it's because we're smarter, because I think it's smart to go I honestly, this moves back to me being like I deserve to be depressed about something.
Speaker 3: I think women are smart. They go that girl's getting a lot of love for looking like that. If I looked like that, I could get more love. I don't just go Wow, good for her, I go, well, how am I going to get that love? I want to find a way to to gather that kind ofating.
Speaker 5: The man in a more and more selfless individuals who are just celebrating another.
Speaker 4: Man's gonna like.
Speaker 1: Alpha dog. There's like an.
Speaker 5: Alpha dog mentality, like if someone big, it's like, oh shit, yo, this guy is awesome.
Speaker 3: Right, that's so it's sweet. I'm not I don't mean it's dumb. I don't think men are stupid. I really don't. Please don't take me as like a feminist who's like all men are fucking dumb cavemen. But I do think there's something different about that where a man can just like admire a woman or a man's body and go, that's good for him, like cool, and a woman goes, I hate her because I want to be her, and because I'm not her, I don't deserve to be alive.
Speaker 4: At least that's where I go with it. Listener, you might be like, I can do that, but.
Speaker 7: To compete, You're right, like it is smart. I like that spin, but it's true.
Speaker 2: We have to be the best, the prettiest, like they pit us against each other at a very early age.
Speaker 7: Your your competion to try to be the prettiest.
Speaker 3: We need men to want to put semen in us so we make more things. So subconsciously we're trying to make more of our species. Whereas men back in the day, sorry, back in the day, like cavemn days, you just rape us. You didn't need us to like actually be attracted to you. We needed you to be attracted to intention. We needed guys to want to fuck us. Guys didn't need us to want to fuck you because it wasn't an option.
Speaker 6: We couldn't go like you wouldn't it adapt more to today's standards since like you know, like rape obviously is like not good and men cannot waituh, live in society on No you disagree, No, no.
Speaker 4: No, I think you're right. I don't think we've caught up yet.
Speaker 6: I see what you're saying, Like yes, Like I wonder why men don't have more of that like emotional response.
Speaker 4: I just think I think now they do. I think it's starting.
Speaker 3: Like I definitely know that my boyfriend is in admiration, but he admires people's hairlines, but he doesn't seem to hate himself for not having the hairline that he wants. He's like, yeah, it'd be nice, And I know that he's like thinking about stuff, but he's not like I don't deserve Nikki because my hairline is not good, Whereas when I am not feeling my best, I'm like, I don't deserve your attention or love. You should go find someone else that's more attractive. That's where my mind goes, well, I'm unlovable.
Speaker 5: Just to defend the cave men, they yes, like they have to worry about their bodies too, because they had to be big and strong so that they could a rape and then also defend themselves like the other men who would try to stop them from raping the women that they wanted to rape or that.
Speaker 6: They they were like, I want to rape her, you get off of her, and so they have to pull off the.
Speaker 5: Right how I look, it's about being strong and big so that you can be all these guys who are trying to guys.
Speaker 1: They don't that makes sense, don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why don't they hate themselves for it?
Speaker 3: Because that would actually hurt your species if you hated yourself, But they would.
Speaker 6: We do it. It goes back to what Anya was saying about the podcast you were listening to, and how just like men handle their emotions differently, so they just go to that.
Speaker 2: I think probably raised in all the messaging we've gotten ever since we're just tiny little girls. They're telling us you're gonna be a mommy someday.
Speaker 4: Oh you're so pretty.
Speaker 7: Here's a little dolly be.
Speaker 2: A mommy to that, and so you're like, Okay, I have to do this thing, and I have to be pretty and like.
Speaker 3: To have g I Joe toys and he Man and they see muscle bound things and superheroes.
Speaker 4: Why aren't they? Why don't they?
Speaker 7: They're not allowed to.
Speaker 2: Cry, and that's what they have to triumph over, and we aren't allowed to love ourselves and that's what we have to triumph over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I have a he man. I have a Yes, I had a he man. I had you know what, though, I had a he man. I had a wrestler's all big muscle bound guys. I had Goku and Gohan from Dragon ball Z. But then I also had like Luke Skywalker, who was like, had no muscles at all, and although he didn't get laid in Star Wars, so maybe that's.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're a he man.
Speaker 2: Really, Princess Leah.
Speaker 4: Prince Leyah wanted to her.
Speaker 1: Did I want to have sex with Princess Leah?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Did you want Luke to? No?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: But I mean once I found out that their brother and sister, I certainly was like, well that's not what wasn't.
Speaker 1: Trilogy?
Speaker 6: Wait they are.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I know that he's his father or whatever, like Darth is his father, but I didn't know that they were.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the whole movie looks like I want to fuck my sister, and then then it's like.
Speaker 1: He's attracted.
Speaker 4: Did he know it's his sister?
Speaker 5: No, well, at first he doesn't know he's his sister. But the whole trilogy, it's like, damn she's fucking hot. I want to fuck herself bad. And then at the end of the movie it's like, by the way, I'm your sister, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, the whole ship. Never mind all those things.
Speaker 3: I say, it's not that weird because I think most men who have a hot sister, if it wasn't their sister, they'd be like, I'm attracted to that girl if they were like separated at birth. I mean, yes, the only reason you go, I don't want to fuck this person is because of like the context. If there's no context for brother or sister.
Speaker 6: Of course, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think if you think so much God for a trilogy like that's like five years just hearing some information, you're not going to all of a sudden be like, oh, you're not hot at all anymore.
Speaker 3: It is funny when you like see someone with a hot sister and you're like, I know you want to you would want to fuck her, Like there's just no way, Like, based on all the women you're attracted to, there's just no way you wouldn't want to fuck that person that is looks like all the girls that.
Speaker 2: You go for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's just no way. So you're busted and blasted. I want to fuck my sister.
Speaker 3: If I was a boy, I would one hundred percent go my sister's fuckable. I would not deny it. My sister is fuckable. She's very hot. I even say my dad is a very attractive man if he was a single man, and I'd be like, Oh, that guy's a handsome guy.
Speaker 4: I don't want to fuck my dad.
Speaker 3: But like I can acknowledge when someone is fuckable to other people without being like I want to Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well then if you'd go into it knowing that it's a family member and you can just acknowledge that they're in a track person, but you didn't have those years of being like I want.
Speaker 1: To fuck this person.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that would be hard hard to switch.
Speaker 1: It would take at least a few scenes.
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 1: That cuts his own dick off.
Speaker 2: Basically, it's supposed to make you run if you get around their pheromones.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Like if someone's pheromones make you go like, oh god, their body smells, I always think like, oh, that means we're probably related or something. Or our baby would have like an arm coming out of its head, and so that's my body being like, don't fuck this person. Oh yeah, have two chromosomes that would match. Speaking of chromosomes, I have been listening to podcasts about down syn drum people.
Speaker 4: I'm obsessed. I've learned so much about them and I want to talk about it more.
Speaker 3: And if you are the parent of a down syndrome kid, I really want to know what your experience is like. So please write me about that and tell me the hardships and like the good ships, because I kind of am thinking I might someday adopt someone without syndrome. I'm kind of love down syndrome people, and maybe that's me making them like they're a pet or something, but it's not. I just if I got to choose what kind of kid I want, I think i'd want that kind of kid. I think they're awesome. So yeah, I've listened to this uh oh, what is it? Stuff you should Know podcast about down center people and they even say it on that they're like buy and like, we're not saying all down cinder people are like really nice and always in a good mood, but we have yet to meet one in our whole life experience that isn't So we're not saying that it's all but please, they're even asking is there any example of someone with Down syndrome who's like a Karen, you know, like, but maybe there are.
Speaker 4: I just want examples.
Speaker 3: So that's my I want to I want people and maybe and if you think that what I'm saying is disgusting and I'm treating them like they're a pet or something like I'm gonna get one, you can also tell me that and I'll shut my trap and do better.
Speaker 6: But okay, so that's it for the podcast this week.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening. Come see me on tour. Watch f Boy Island October twelfth. It comes out on the CW. Go dvr it right now so you don't miss it. And right now it's airing on Thursdays the second season, so you can just watch some random episodes. It's it's airing in order, but I think it's like more than halfway through the season at this point on the CW. Everyone has it if you have cable and season three starts October twelfth, and my tour starts September fifteenth. Go check out all the tour dates at Nicki klazer dot com. I would love best Sieeson the audience. Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 6: Don't be coo and
Speaker 4: Just save the bees.