Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Emily Graffeo. Starting us off with one of the biggest gainers in the pre market. That would be door Dash. Good morning, Emily.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Nathan. That's right, I'm watching shares of DoorDash, the ticker da sh. It's up about ten percent in the pre market right now. The delivery firm gave a second quarter order forecast that beat estimates in their earning support just last night. Order value will be about thirty two point four billion to thirty three point four billion. The estimates were at the bottom end of that range, actually quite just a bit, a little bit below the bottom end of that range. They said that more US customers are ordering takeout, more new US consumers. I don't know what the macro signal of that is, Nathan, that more people are ordering takeout, but it could be a good sign. Door Dash is kind of expensive, and they also saw an increase in order rates by their more mature customers. So those repeat customers just one thing to do here on DoorDash as well. Stock is up today, but it was on its longest losing streak since September twenty twenty two. Before this earning support, it was down almost twenty seven percent this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess we could really think about the tradeoff between leaving the house and dealing with hot gas prices and dealing with the high prices of getting it delivered. That all FeAs together at any rate. We got to talk about the flip side here. We got earnings from arm Holdings, and I thought chip stocks were supposed to be doing well this quarter, Emily.
Speaker 1: I know the semiconductor index has been on a tear, but Armholdings eight rs of that company down about seven percent right now. This is a chip company, like you said, They reported week fourth quarter royalty revenue, and some analysts are noting here that it was from sluggishness in a smartphone industry. Of course, we know that the chips go into smartphones and power phones like the iPhone. One. Analyst said that there was weaker demand for lower end phones due to a higher memory cost, and so that could be weighing on that company right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, and we're also keeping an eye on Whirlpool after their earnings as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have kind of a food theme this morning. Whirlpool ticker WHR. They make home appliances, including the kitchen Aid stand mixer, they make the refrigerators, but down about seventeen percent in the pre market. They cut their revenue forecast for the full year, missing the average analyst estimate. First quarter net sales also missed, so again it could be a signal that, yeah, people are maybe just keeping the home appliances that they already own, not looking to buy anything.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're if you're not using your Kitchen Aid stand mixer, maybe you're heading over to Krispy Kreme. We got their earnings this morning as well.
Speaker 2: How'd they do?
Speaker 1: That? Was a flawless segue. Krispy Kreme Earnie's broadly in line with estimates. They did say that they expect to cut debt this year while also generating positive cash flow, which is always a good sign, and that they're going to be opening about one hundred new shops this year. So that's stock a ticker dnut up about one percent in the pre market Krispy vernon.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.