Speaker 1: The volume. Wow, Wow, Wow, Joe. I can use seven more. I can use six more games like this. If we get six more games like this, I won't be disappointed. Thank you, guys, Ladies and gentlemen, join us for another ever excuse me an episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me, I am your favorite. Off.
Speaker 1: Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host, is having technical difficulties, so we gotta go right now. And I got Arkansas a little rock Navid Universe of Arkansas, along but number ten pick in the draft Ali sold Joe, Joe Johnson.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys for joining us right after this game to hear us talk basket ball. The Indiana Pacers, down by as many as fourteen points late in the fourth quarter, put on a serious rally come back and take the game in overtime one thirty eight to one thirty five. Tyreez Halliburton was sensational tonight. Also, Aaron Neie Milk was really really good. He was great.
Speaker 2: Ever, this game lived up.
Speaker 1: To what we thought a final an Eastern Conference or Western Conference final should be.
Speaker 2: This was it.
Speaker 1: And if we get six more games like this, regardless of who won, I think everybody will be happy. Please make sure you check out Shave by Lapotier. We do have it in stop now. If you can't find it any city or state near.
Speaker 2: You, order it online.
Speaker 1: We'll shipp it directly to your door. Vsop shave by Shaved by Laportier as a VSOP. It's a premium Kangjact. I promise you it is the best taste in kangnac on the market. Please drake responsible and stay safe. Go follow our media company page on all of his platforms, Shay Shave Media and my Clothing Company eighty four.
Speaker 2: That link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 1: Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please make sure you grab yours wild supplies. Last Joe, this game was unbelievable. I down fourteen, I mean I think there was down in minutes ten, with like two two minutes to go, I was like, well, hey, let me go change out of my my workout little stuff and get ready to go down there and do night cap. And I come back downstairs and it's one twenty three to one twenty one, and Cat said the free throw live. I'm like, okay, Cat, make both of these. They got an uphill client he missed one. Uh oh, now we're gonna play a free throw game. We're gonna play free throw game, Joe, that what we be about to do. Hey, I ain't gonna try to get it all back in one shot. I'm gonna see how y'all have no pressure. And boy, this was the unbelievable ball game. Pascal sey'all comes seventeen points, aaron Ne Smith thirty points, Miles turn Of fourteen points, Nim Hard fifteen points. Tyrese Halibert was sensational tonight thirty one points, eleven assists. They won this game because they took care of the basketball. Yep, they had seven turnovers in an overtime game total, so four quarters of basketball plus five minutes of overtime, they had seven turnovers. Jalen Brunson alone had seven turnovers. And that was the difference in the ball game. They've got to do a better job of making those free throws. Also, they was twenty eight or forty, so in other words, they got to the line forty times and they only cash twenty eight times. Joe, you watched this game, and I know, look and I'm like, damn, y'all got to stop something in there, because I thought I was gonna be able to have to come on the show Joe and say, Joe, they got to stop something.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 1: Let can't go get thirty five, Let Brunson get forty three.
Speaker 2: Let this guy do this. They said, well, watch us.
Speaker 1: And when they needed to make plays late in the ball game, they made every play.
Speaker 2: They made every right pass.
Speaker 1: What is it that the Pacers did in the last two minutes of the game and in overtime that they were able to go on the road, be down as many as fourteen late in the fourth, down by nine with like two minutes to go, and win this ball game.
Speaker 2: Oh man, what a hell of a game. On hell of a game.
Speaker 1: I thought the Pacers have done what they've done pretty much this entire postseason when they've been counted out. You know, they got guys who step up, still play inspiration basketball down the stretch. I think Nate Smith was the player of the game to me, man, the way I do too. The way they were down, he was still playing hard fish and he shot eight for nine from three, I don't know, from the free throw line, yeah, yeah, four for four from the free throw line, eight for nine for three. I'm not sure you're gonna count on that every night, but tonight he was special and he gave them their lift that they needed. But they got contributions from some of everybody. Look at that best TJ.
Speaker 2: Mcconaugh.
Speaker 1: Come in and you don't get no drop off, Like he's not gonna hurt you. He gonna help you in every facet of the game. And I thought, man, they were just relentless down the stretch, even to start the game.
Speaker 2: I thought they came out ready to play.
Speaker 1: They picked I ain't know we was watching the NBA or the n c a A the way them dudes picking up full court, they picking up, they picking up full court the entire game. And I guess they hold their whole idea is to wear brunting down, to wear the knicks down, because you know they're only gonna play about seven guys and any throwing about eighty nine dudes at you who are all dogs, and they coming in and they getting all the straps. It was a beautiful game tonight, man. I know everybody in New York is his.
Speaker 2: They're sick. They sick.
Speaker 1: I hadn't seen the Knicks fans this sick. Maybe since Ice Tray did what he did. Yeah, it got quiet in the other night man, it got quiet, and that uh you can hear, you can hear. You could hear Red pel on Cot. Hello, I'm talking about the bell. Look that's how quiety was.
Speaker 2: Joe. I was like, good, good about it. Hey.
Speaker 1: And then when Halliberg hit hit to Hit the ridge and the choke joined at the l and he was still on the line.
Speaker 2: I said, oh, yeah, you know he got to come out and play hard. Now he didn't. He didn't. He Didne had a little little early sell celebration. Yeah he had yeah. Yeah. I was like, oh yeah, they got this one.
Speaker 1: And I came out, I celebrated, asked like a ashy shilling, like it was a two point.
Speaker 2: I say two dog.
Speaker 1: No, he's behind the line. I said, oh this band, no Pool the kd older. Hey, but look you look how they gain. They composed you the overtime and it still came out and put their mark from the game.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Hey, look we might look up uncle. This inny other team could be in the finals. This is what I was talking about because they're so unpredictable because they got guys like Nate Smith, who you may not count on to give you thirty every night, but he won you a game to night, so the next night it may be somebody else. He could be Pascal Siactle, you know what I mean, It could be somebody else. So they got a multitude of cats who are willing to step up, who take that challenge, and they competing at the highest level.
Speaker 2: I thought the Knicks played great. You know, Brunton and.
Speaker 1: You got four You got fifteen to twenty five from Brumps and forty three points. You got level of seventeen from cat thirty five points, twelve rebounds.
Speaker 2: Come on now, you I.
Speaker 1: Mean you got sixteen from oh G got a you got sixteen from Michal Bridges, you got eight, thirteen and seven with a steal from Josh Hart.
Speaker 2: I mean, with damn they they played.
Speaker 1: They played well up the way they had the game in their hands, but it seemed like laid down the stretch. They was having these mental lessons where they were almost turning the ball over, but they kept getting away. I'm like, hold on Indiana gonna make them pay for this, and they just kept throwing these little little lackadaisical passes and end up getting these turnovers.
Speaker 2: Man, Indiana is relentless, bro.
Speaker 1: They they they filed the team and they ready, they ready for the moment down And we've seen this from there in three games down the stretch against Cleveland, they find ways just like we saw the Knicks do this down the stretch against Detroit. We saw them do this down the stretch against Boston and clutch moments, they find ways to win. They make the right pass, they hit the big shot. They do everything ain't right, They get stilled, they play passing lanes. I mean, look both teams.
Speaker 2: I was like.
Speaker 1: Jaylen Brush was fifteen to twenty five, Kat was eleven or seventeen. But Nick, this is what y'all known for. Y'all known for defense. Y'all let Tyre's Haliburton go twelve to twenty three. Y'all let them har go six or ten. Y'all let Myles turn and go six of eleven. Aaron Nasmith missed four shots. He was nine of thirteen, eight or nine from the three. The only guy that really shot less than fifty percent. That played heavy minute was really Pascal Siakam. Yeah, seven or sixteen. Other than that, they shot fifty one percent from the floor. Now this is what Look, we know Indiana can play defense, and they played it really good down the stretch. But they're a team that want to get it out of the net or getting off the rim. But they want to push. They'll give you, they'll give you a basket to get a quicker basket because they want the tempo. They won't they won't tempo and they know, oh it's easy this oh oh we hey, yeah it's easy. And next day you know, you want a tract me And they used saying both you know, yeah, because they gonna give you some easy with some good looks. That's gonna sed that's gonna seduce you into playing that style of play and that thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Look, we got one hundred and thirty eight hundred and thirty five point game. This is what the Pacers want. They don't think you can put this paint Knicks, Knicks. This is not the pace the Knicks want to play at or need to play at. Look, you gotta slow this tempo down, I mean, and you look, you got sixty nine points at the half. That's right up, that's right up there. The pacers alley. They want to they want to see they want a sixty five seventy five halftime pace.
Speaker 2: It was right. They want to they want to get up and down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when you play that style, you need to be very very careful because I don't know if that's what you're equipped to do. And look, Cat played phenomenal tonight. I thought Bronson played for nomenal. I mean, both teams played really well tonight. Now they caught some ticket tag stuff early, but late in the ball game, they did not want the Knicks to lose.
Speaker 2: That was an and one on topic.
Speaker 1: And the cap Bridget he got him in the chest and he hit him on the arm and on the shoulder and they didn't call it.
Speaker 2: That was a damn one.
Speaker 1: That should have been a chance for him to go to the line and have a four point lead.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree on the rebound. They damp y'all, But Kee, I bring you poured the band down again. He was like, damn, you poured the band playing down. And they're like, hey, play hey, Mitchell Irvin. That's why I got Mitch a. They're like, play on I was like, with damn, y'all, ain't gonna call it no foult right, Hey, this playoff basketball.
Speaker 2: And another thing I will say, because Indiana is so deep.
Speaker 1: And remember I've always talked about they got at least six guys who averaged double figures in the playoffs. Yep, this doesn't surprise me that Nate Smith had a game like this.
Speaker 2: What what? What?
Speaker 1: What I was really concerned about the knicks was down the stretch. You see how these shots kept coming up short. He had the legs go. They had them legs gone because you don't play it at this tempo that you ain't necessarily accustom to playing at every night in Indiana. This is what they do because they don't really have guys who playing forty five forty.
Speaker 2: Two minutes a night. So uh, this was an up.
Speaker 1: And down game and you know, and and and in favor of the.
Speaker 2: Pacers, and wow, it didn't disappoint.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: When they hit that shot, I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: After but I said, I was like, man, hey, when it hit and we're straight up and there, I watched this thing go in. I was like, yeah, Joe, Joe, I mean, I said, watch this thing go. I told Shell I said, shall I watch this go in? And she she started screaming because of it. I was like, oh my goodness. There's a difference walking on the treadmill for forty five minutes versus jogging or sprinting on the treadmill for forty five minutes. And you see, the pacers are used to sprinting on the treadmill, so you sprint for forty five versus team that. Oh oh I exercised, I get my exercised in okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It kind of like when I tell people like, look, you can do lip weight and then you can do cardio. But when you combine the two, that when you can see somebody car your capacity. Because I'm combining, I'm more force you to use your strength, your muscles and the other muscle that heart. So if you notice, sometimes you get guys that are really strong and you can get even find someone that's really good at cardio. But when I combine the two, now like oh damn yeah, And that's what the pacers want you to do. They want you to they want you to get up and down. They want you to try to say, oh man, we about to get one hundred and thirty. We about to get one hundred and forty. Hey, we've seen the Knicks. We've seen the Pacers a couple of times this year. Get one forty, get one hundred and fifty points in regulation. You gotta be careful playing at their temple, playing at their pace. I thought this game looked if somebody if I tell you, what if somebody told you, if you're a Nick fan and somebody say, hey, Brunt's gonna shoot twenty five times, he's gonna make fifteen of them. He's gonna have forty three points. Cat's gonna have thirty five and twelve like what we won the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we won the game, absolutely, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: If your two big guns and they fired, and they go off and they're efficient while they're doing it. Now, if Brunston had forty three points and they took him thirty two shots to get it, I ain't impressed with that. If Kat had thirty five and it took him twenty five shots to get it, I ain't impressed with that. It took Cash seventeen shots to get thirty five points. It Bronston twenty five shots to get forty three. They shot fifty one percent from the floor. But they gave up fifty one percent from the floor. They gave up forty one percent from the three point line where you ask it. And you didn't turn them over like you did Boston. You didn't turn them over like you did Detroit. Now they got really good ball handlers. Halliburton's gonna have the ball in his hand, and he's not a turnover guy. McConnell comes in, he's not a turnover guy. The thing I like about McConnell, he knows who and what he is.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: I'm not Tyrese Haliburton, I'm not Shay Gilgers, I'm not Luca I'm not one of these guys.
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't need to be fast.
Speaker 1: All this between my legs and behind my back and and Herkie jer gets this is why I'm effective though, I'm gonna get it. I'm effective and I'm gonna get it done. And I promise you, wherever we at, I'm gonna take us to another level. We ain't gonna never drop off. That's why I love TJ. McConnell. And you know, uh, his presence that he brings on the court. It ain't pretty, it ain't the prettiest but I promise you as a backup PG. I don't know if it can get too much better than him. Yeah, he comes in with it on his mind.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He's he's aggressive offensively and defensively. He's a pest. Yes, yes, he moves him pupp as well, just like Peyton Pritchard for Exceltic. It's like Peyton Privy. But not even just him, you know, even these other guys, the Obi Toppings, the Mattherins when they come home.
Speaker 2: Obie was great tonight.
Speaker 1: They all our defensive minded and then offensively it kind of fuels the offensive where they able to get steals, get in the passing lanes, get get fast break points, and then it kind of gives them get them going.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I thought Indiana was special tonight in that atmosphere. Can you imagine what it's like playing in there on a wait team like them dudes came in man, I'm talking about from the start of the game. I felt they they imposed they will and they never gave up. Even when they were down fourteen points. You know, they were still fighting. They were still under three minutes points off turnovers. In game one, the Pacers for seventeen turn fifteen turnovers, they got twenty seven points. The Knicks four to seven turnovers, they got four points. The Knicks had a ninety nine points seven ninety nine point seven percent chance of winning the game. With two minutes and fifty one seconds they're up fourteen, teams up fourteen plus and the final two and a half two minutes and fifty seconds in a playoff, fourth quarter game or overtime, and the play by play era nine hundred seventy seven and one, the one you just witnessed it tonight. If you watch this game and the shot and the play by play era, I think the play by play goes back nineteen ninety six, ninety six them correct. I think that's when they started to play by play. You're talking about nine hundred and seventy seven and one. He had in that span nineteen ninety six. Okay, in that span the last three minutes of the game, I made three's and they seemed like forever, seemed like three hours. Oh man, Look they kept getting three, they get a stop like it was just they kept trails like, man, the ain't not finna come back. And I'll bet I'll be damn. This was This was an amazing game. And hopefully we get six more. Oh, Joe, I don't know why. I know you was having technical difficulties trying to get logged on. But the Pacers come back one thirty eight, one thirty five down fourteen points with two minutes and under three minutes left in the ball game. And you heard me read off the stat they have a ninety nine points seven percent chance of winning. And the play by player ear which started in nineteen ninety six, teams are nine hundred and seventy seventy zero until tonight, when you're up by that many points with that few time, without that few times on the flock, and the Knicks gave it away. Give them credit. They passed the lane, they were getting deflections. They almost they almost got it earlier. Yeah, mim hard almost got one, got another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But this game was sensational night.
Speaker 1: Aaron Neith Smith thirty points, nine of thirteen, eight of nine from the three point line. He scored twenty big points in the fourth. Aaron Eith Smith this playoff, he's thirty five point thirty five.
Speaker 2: What thirty five May threes? He has thirty five May threes.
Speaker 1: He's third in the NBA fifty four percent from three point line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, hey, young and Joe, listen, this is what I call playoff basketball.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I've watched some basketball over the years on so I've never seen a game like the night.
Speaker 2: I've never seen the game like to night, when.
Speaker 3: Your two big guns are on fire and they're hitting on all cillingers like they like cat in Brunsonborg. You expected to win a game like this when you that amount of points, whether that little time left to go in the game, You not expecting the other team to come back and win, regardless of circumstance, that any hypothetical you come up with. But what we saw tonight, it seemed unreal. It was like something out of a movie. This is how move how this is how movie story endings happened. They happened like what we saw tonight. It's a great game. You you said it too. The Knicks won't be able to keep up with that offensive pace. I think they need to. They need to play at their own pace and not playing the way the places played used to, running up and down the floor, back and back and forth. But god damn man, that the night was. That was a beautiful game. Now, if we get six more games, like this. This might be the guest seven game series of all time if the game end like this in this maner, Oh you think it's going seven? No, I'm I'm just I'm just throwing it out there. But you just like you, just like you, just like the game to day. The first game it was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: What scares me also is I think just like the Wolves game, it was very important to can win game one. It was very important to me for the Knicks to win game one, especially at home. You got you got to steal that game.
Speaker 1: Hey, go ahead, Joe Well Ojo was saying that he don't know if the Knicks and keep up with this pace they should play they pace they can't because you know why, the Pacers apply so much pressure that they are forcing the.
Speaker 2: Knicks to speed up, meaning everything.
Speaker 1: If I'm guarding you full court, yeah, at some point you may get a step on me, so you figure you may have to go take what you can get.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like they induced the Knicks to playing this pace and it works in that favor because down the stretch, look with you at you got a lot of sloppy basketball from the Knicks. A lot of turnovers, a lot of mishaps, and ultimately it costs you game, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, look I did not think. But you know what happens, Joe. A lot of times when you down by so much, so many points, and all of a sudden you make a comeback. You start to feel like, oh, we're gonna get this one. Yeah, you start to feel that you're gonna win. The other team starts to feel like we're about to lose because they see fourteen eleven nine eight seven.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, hold on, what happened? What happened to that lead?
Speaker 1: And everybody and all the fans like, damn, come o' clock, but the clock can't go fast enough.
Speaker 3: You know, a young Joe, But I honestly, you know you said, with the paces doing what they do is fuck far as far as forcing the next to play outside of their comfort zone, you got to be uncomfortable being uncomfortable. You've got to continue to play at the next pace because if you're trying to keep up and do just because they putting pressure on you and it's causing you to it's causing you to have turnovers and makes all advice passes have the mistakes.
Speaker 2: That's the reason you're losing the game. So you listen.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you're able to do it, Joe, especially from a basketball standpoint.
Speaker 2: Say when I think about boxing.
Speaker 3: Hunk, and there's a pressure fighter, yeah, trying to force you to fight, but to do everything you can in your will to stay relaxed and stay calm under pressure and continue to do your game or whatever your game player may be. The Knick's gonna have to find a way regards to the pressure that Indiana is applying to stay within their game, because that's not the way you guys play basketball.
Speaker 2: It's just not.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing though, o Jo, the bully keeps coming up hitting you side your head, and you say, nah, just don't worry about it, don't That is not what you do.
Speaker 2: At some point in time, you gotta fight back.
Speaker 1: So what happens is is that they're playing at this phonetic place. Now you like, hey man, I got me a couple of easy basket Hey look at it. Hey I bet the real boom. I got me a couple of easy When you're like, okay, this is easy, right here, this is easy, and the next thing you know, you've gotten yourself into something that you really didn't want to get into. It's kind of like, oh, Joe, you got you got a one point lead. Now what you should do is go down at the one yard line. But what the guy want to do. He want to celebrate, so he going into his z on. Next thing, you know, they get a touchdown, get a two point conversion, they get the ball and over time first and now you're like, damn, what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well what happened. You didn't what you weren't supposed to do.
Speaker 1: And it's a lot easy, And I understand it's a lot easier to say it than done because, like you said, but I'm looking at the Knicks even at that phonetic pace, Joe, I got a fourteen point lead with under three minutes to go, and I got Michael Bridges, and I got an og Ananobe and I got Josh Hart. That should be that those three players with Jellen, Brutheron and Cat should be enough to hold that because they were enough to get that.
Speaker 2: So if they're good enough to get it, they should be good enough to keep it. Let me ask you a question, what else you read off that percentage? Again?
Speaker 3: When you're had when you're by that many points with that little time and that's to go, what is the percentage the game with your chance to win that game?
Speaker 1: The Knicks had a ninety nine point seven percent chance to win when they led by fourteen with two minutes and fifty one seconds to go. You know what teams up by fourteenth plus in the final two minutes in fifty seconds of a playoff, fourth quarter or overtime and the play by play era. Prior to tonight, they had been nine hundred and seventy seven and oh. After tonight they're nine hundred and seventy seven and one.
Speaker 2: That one the Knicks. You know tonight.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's probably a little too late, depending on where you live and where you are.
Speaker 2: I think we all need to play the lotto. Ah, we all need to play the lotto.
Speaker 1: Then listen, I picked any of to go to the finals. My thing is, man, come on, stop playing. You know we got that little bit we got come on egg like nog like that. You know you got you got a little you got, y'all got it, you gotta you gotta lot, you got a little double or nothing.
Speaker 2: On the joe.
Speaker 1: So listen with with with Brunston and Cat playing as fishing as they played today, Yeah, and they end up still losing the game. I mean it's like, oh, Joe, It's like you you go for one hundred and seventy five, TJ get a one fifteen cars and throw for three seventy five. You gotta run it back one four hundred and you somehow you lost the game by four. You know what?
Speaker 2: I like?
Speaker 1: How much better you saw your Bengals do this all the time? Yeah, Chase Higgins go off no throwing for four hundred and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, how we lose?
Speaker 1: And man, my thing is, they may what if they what if they not a fishing like this in the next game. I know Nate Smith may not go eight for nine from three, but they gonna have other guys who's gonna step up and gonna play big.
Speaker 2: And you cant out on that.
Speaker 1: If brun Says and Cat don't play like this, they won't be in no games, Bro, they won't be no games. What I love is Haller Burton was a fish. It was aggressive. Twenty three shot attempts for twelve for twelve three point attempts. That's they get into trouble when he's on five, he got five attempts, he got eight attempts. No, bro, no, uh uh not now not Now. We need you aggressive, We need you pushing pace. Try to get downhill. If you can get all the way down to the rim, get all the way down to the rim. And if they come to collapse, Hey you got great, great basketball, IQ kick it out.
Speaker 2: Damn. Oh, Joe, let me ask you a question, Didale, What're gonna get you sick? A luxury? Did they get you sick? Did they get you sick last night? No? No, no, no, I got the missus got me sick.
Speaker 1: Hold on, okay, Ojo, I was paying attention other night and uh I seen Ojo was a little spider.
Speaker 2: He said they were ballet dancers. He had some ballet. Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, adun't ballett what what what kind of.
Speaker 2: Ballet they do?
Speaker 1: Oh? Show adult adult ballet, you know, like behind like like Barisha cough ballet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically that big.
Speaker 3: But it's it's more exotic, it's it's more it's it's more on the luxurious side of a ballet. Yeah, hey listen, it's still very graceful. Yeah, just different types of movement and exactly Joe Joe, we got I got to take you out there.
Speaker 2: I just got me a job.
Speaker 3: I'm the head security out there, and I just applied for the head chef job out in Area twenty nine. You know, you know I can cook. You know I went to you don't need to cook? No, hey, hold on, hold on, I went to the Cordon Blue. I didn't finish. I did two semesters, but I had to go back and take youre some business. But that's like saying I went to two semesters law school at Harvard.
Speaker 2: You're not no lawyer. Wow, listen, you're not a lawyer. But the l A W is there so long. You just ain't got the white gar yet. Long miss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe, Hey, Joe's beautiful, beautiful, beautiful establishment Joe.
Speaker 2: Every Area twenty now, you got to check it out. I ain't never HEARDing like adult ba. Matter of fact, you know who's hey, Hey, we know whose about that is? Oh Earl Thomlins. Is it? That's why Area twenty nine. Yeah, that's what it is now. Yeah, okay, makes sense, makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Tyree's Halliburton game won thirty points, eleven assists, one turnover. He's one of five players with a thirty ten a game this playoffs, Jalen Brunson forty three points, five assists on fifteen to twenty five field goal attempts. He's the first Nick ever with a forty point game in the conference finals. I don't know how much better he can play. Maybe, he says, you know what, maybe if I cut my turnovers in half, give you what I gave you last good night offensively, but cut the turnovers. He had as many turnovers by himself as the entire Hacel team.
Speaker 2: He turned the b all over.
Speaker 1: It leaves the runout, it leads the easy baskets, and you try to make it as difficult as you possibly can on the posing team. Nothing easy in football terms, Joe, we say nothing cheap, nothing deep, right.
Speaker 2: He look.
Speaker 1: I think with Brunson, I'm kind of boardlining on a lot of them files. He'd be getting like he initiated a lot of the contact. Oh col hey, Joe, he initiated right with the shoulgar and then throw the handbag. That's called great acting. I'm so sick of looking at that, O, Joe. I want to see good basketball, man. That's goods the same way where you don't like watching shape play. Then he threw he threw that he do the same thing. But what I'm saying is Indiana is playing great defense. Like he ain't really just beating him like that up the dribble. So they staying with him with the first two three steps and then he initiates the contact and flail and it's like Indiana, I'm like, man, they playing great decent They getting a bad what side?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: He shot fourteen free throws, made twelve. He probably should have shot by half of that.
Speaker 2: Like it was.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of marginals, you know. Car and I thought that he got tonight and I was like, man, listen, that's great defense.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think bro Miles McBride shot as many free throw attempts as the most on the Pacers.
Speaker 2: Pascal had five and Matthron had five.
Speaker 1: Cos McBride had five three throw temps as you mentioned, Jayalen Brunson had fourteen.
Speaker 2: Cat had However, hey.
Speaker 3: And then I ain't standing on it. They get into their chicken. They don't care at all. Joe, Nah, they don't care at all.
Speaker 2: This was a great game.
Speaker 1: I hope we get something comparable tomorrow in the Western Conference Finals. This is what I want to see because supposedly, allegedly, these are the four best teams, O joe, these are the two best teams in the Eastern Conference, the two best teams in the Western Conference. It shouldn't be that big, that vast of a difference, and we shouldn't see thirty and forty point victories.
Speaker 2: Agree. I'm not saying that we should.
Speaker 1: Everything should come down to the buzzer, but I'm saying, you got to the conference finals and you losing by thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody should be equally na No, they should be equally yoked to this point, especially we should be two equally matched ball clubs.
Speaker 2: But this was the number of lavable ball game.
Speaker 1: The Pacers had sixty nine points in the half, they got twenty one and the third thirty five in the eight in the fourth quarter, and then you got sixty two from the Indiana. Then they get twenty five, so they cut into the lead, and then they get another cutting into the lead. They get thirty eight points in the in the fourth and they out scoring thirteen ten in the overtime, and they win and go on the road snatch home court one thirty eight to one thirty five. Anything that we know about Indiana. They get greedy, They're not content with just one. We saw them go to Cleveland still game one, and what do they do? They say, you know what, we want Sweet States. Not only do we want them to make a million, we want power Ball too, And why yet it give us Fantasy five? We want it all they So I got them. I got them, winning by land slide in game two. I just feel like this pace, obviously, they gonna keep up, and I just don't. I think the Knicks gonna wear down. Obviously I've said that in the past couple series, But at the pace that the Pacers play with, it's gonna be hard for the Knicks to keep up with that. Man for Brunts and and cat to play like this the entire series. Yeah, I don't know if they can do that. Guys, i'a be honest with you. Andy Gill just win. Nope, he did what everybody know is the worst kept secret. He won the MVP thirty three points, five six and two, Best Player, best Team first in points second and still first, and plus minus first than thirty point games first, and forty point games first and fifty point games. Last year, he finished runner up a lot of them been made about Shae being at the pre throw line. Twenty nine of the NBA MVP's attempted more free throws in the MVP season than Shaye did.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine of the MVPs and the MVP season attempted more free throws than what Shae did in his MVP season. You know what they tell me, It was getting a whole lot of buckets, Ojo, Yeah, a lot of buckets. Uh. He flat out got game. And I'm happy for Shaye obviously, you know, i know this a special moment for him. I'm sure this is something that he's kind of set out to do, probably over the last few years when he probably seen that it was really possible. And him getting slighted last year, I think he put a little fire in the come back there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even better.
Speaker 1: And that don't happen a lot of times, man. You know, sometimes you'll see a guy in it and then he'll fade away. But Shae, he's been right there, bro from from the start.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, when you look at it, right, I'm not I'm not trying to say I'm not trying to say he's this individual.
Speaker 2: I'm saying the way he carried herself. The way he goes about his game.
Speaker 1: It's worth it. Love everything about it, huh. I love everything about it, man, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Mean you know who. I want to compare it to, oh old twenty old twenty four down there in l A.
Speaker 3: Just his approach to the game, sty yeah, mannerisms, how he takes it, the chip that he wears on his shoulder, never complaining.
Speaker 2: He just goes out and he plays ball. I agree. All they do is play ball, Joe Nill. Yeah, on and off the court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every man, listen, man, yeah. He and the thing here, you know, I'm reading reading what his quotes about that. He said, I figured I could be really good because I saw the work that I was putting into it. And then I control what I can control, and then what I can or don't worry about it, he said. But never did I imagine this, you see? And I said this all the time. Oh Joe, you hear me say this all the time. It's hard for me to see a player not getting incrementally better. I'm not saying that he's gonna all of a sudden be an undrafted fridge, and all of a sudden he's gonna go to an MVP. But I've said it's hard if you're putting the work in. See, you can't be mad for resources you didn't get for the work that you didn't put in. Because see a lot of times, Joe, people get mad at results they didn't get for work they didn't put in. Why are you mad when you know you see? For me, I can't I don't know what a person does.
Speaker 2: I can just tell you.
Speaker 1: I can just speak to what I did, what I do, so therefore what I have success. I'm not surprised by the success that I have because I know how hard I work, not hard work, and what I tell kids all the time when they do a lot more speaking engagement, I say, hard work doesn't guarantee you anything. But I can tell you this, Without it, you don't have a chance. It doesn't guarantee you that you're gonna get everything that you asked for or what you set out to accomplish. But without it, you don't have a chance. So I see this young man, and I see where he came from. He got traded because the Clippers really say, you know what we want Paul, George and kawh I want Paul, and I get it. I get why why says I'm in win not moved. Same thing we talked about Joe about a Cooper flag. I ain't got time for him to get good. I need to wear I need to be good right now. So you wanted Paul George, who was an All Star, all the NBA player can play both ends of the court. But you see this young man, now, this is his third grade year. I think he needs to average thirty points a game. There ain't a whole lot of guys in the history of the game can say that. And he's efficient while he's doing it, averaging. If you average thirty and you're shooting forty two percent, they tell him, you put up a whole lot of damn shots, and people get seduced by raw numbers.
Speaker 2: Nah no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: This man shoot fifty one percent from the floor. A whole lot of people have ever done. A whole lot of guards have ever done that.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a question, Joan, You yes, you know your history much better than I do. You know the history of the game of basketball much better than I do. In comparison to what SGA has been able to do. Being efficient from the field, scoring fifty one percent while putting up a lot of shots. In comparison, who does he compare to from the past. The only guy that's done this from a guard is Jordan. To score thirty plus and shoot fifty percent from the floor, only Jordan has done it at the guard position.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Curious because I wanted you to say that because I heard someone say I just you know, reading the chat, just reading the chat, and oh yeah, people are so quick to compareisonbody the Kobe, So I just wanted you to hear the numbers and why the comparison can you through based on what he's actually doing in real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's Look, he's more efficient.
Speaker 1: A hardness kind of reminds you more like Kobe with you know, they're gonna score a bunch of points, but they're not gonna do it in the most efficient manner. Now, can they have knights where they go fit you fifty percent from the floor, Absolutely, but more times than not they're gonna be probably that forty six forty five percent. Right, this kid is shooting half is he's making half his shots now the playoffs notwithstanding, because he hadn't been as efficient in the postseason as he has in the regular season.
Speaker 2: But you look at all the top guys, none of them have.
Speaker 1: Even Nakola Jokic wasn't as efficient in the postseason as he was in the regular season.
Speaker 2: Obviously, thing changes.
Speaker 1: You're playing better teams, get those guys, get to focus on you on a nightly or on a nightlyt or every other night basis.
Speaker 2: And it's not you're playing Charlotte one night.
Speaker 1: You're playing Milwaukee, you're playing Orlando, you're playing Atlanta, you're playing Miami. This team set the whole game plan up to deal with you over the course of two weeks if necessary. Yeah, because when you're competing in the playoffs, you know we're gonna pay attention to every little detail, and teams attention to details, and we want to take your strengths. We want to take them away from you in the playoffs, you know what I mean. We want to make you have to use a counter. We want to make you have to pass it to somebody else and make a play. But you let alone yourself. We're not gonna really let you play everything you get. You're gonna have to work hard for Yes, the stars in the playoffs this year, the Shades, the yokis. You know them dudes had They've had to work tremendously hard just to kind of get theirs off.
Speaker 2: The one thing I love about.
Speaker 1: SHADEO, Yeah, he's not just offensive minded like he Yeah he has an arsenal as far as in his offensive package, but defensively, bro he sits down, He plays both fans of the court. He gets his teammates involved, and that team they love being around each other.
Speaker 2: That's a scary team I love. I'm happy for Shade man.
Speaker 1: This is this is a huge, huge accomplishment for him, and I'm sure he's proud of and he's the type of guy who tried to build on it and try to learn a couple more.
Speaker 2: MVP yeah as well as you should.
Speaker 1: Sga met the Supermax criteria all the NBA two out of the three seasons last offseason, but he was ineligible to side because of the short years of service. Because he won the MVP and he's gonna be an All NBA selection, He's now eligible for the Supermax OJO five years, three hundred and eighty million, or he can sign the four year two hundred and ninety.
Speaker 2: Four million, but would have to wait to the twenty twenty six offseason.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I ain't got nothing to do. Y'all still paying me thirty million? You're right, thirty five million right now?
Speaker 2: Ya? Hey, Hey, what you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: You're gonna ride that thirty You're gonna ride that thirty million out right to twenty twenty six and then next season, you know, yeah, ahead for that five year three eighty.
Speaker 1: Or the four year old. You take the four year two ninety four, get that money. I mean, hey, you're really shay only twenty six, oh Joe, let's just say. I wait the next year, I'll be twenty seven. I get that super Max three eighty, that's thirty two. I get me another super Max at thirty two. Goad me to thirty seven. That's gonna probably be four fifty three ninety four. Now, okay, my bad, I get I added a million dollars to it. It's two ninety three not two ninety four.
Speaker 2: Four. Heyen, what well I want to know? Want yo? What can't you do with two ninety three that you need two ninety four to absolutely do it? The same things?
Speaker 1: Where where you get that kind of money? Ain't nothing? There ain't nothing that you want. Say you know what, man, I want that house. It happen to be two undred to ninety four million dollars. I showed wish I'd have got that extra media, or I want this car, or I want whatever the case may be. Oh Yo, there ain't nothing that you can't do. That's what I tell guys all the time.
Speaker 2: Bro. Okay, you like a couple of million dollars, three million dollars?
Speaker 1: Okay, what can't you do with seventeen million that you absolutely gotta have to do with twenty?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, I agree, Hey, some dude, these dudes want their money on No they they ain't cutting No, he ain't cutting them, no discount, and he's well deserving.
Speaker 2: Man, that the work did you take?
Speaker 1: I'm going guess what, because he can sign the two ninety three this offseason or he can weigh I'm signing that right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, hey, hey, Joe, Hey Joe.
Speaker 1: I mean I'll pray that contract go die here because hey we can we can date it at a later day and time. But I want my signature owner. I'm taking that for cause Harrison. Okay, he signs the he signs the next year, twenty six offseason. That's seventy six million per year, or I can take seventy three to three. Right now, he give me seventy three three. I think if he if he takes the one now, he probably still be if he keeps on them dudes around right, Yeah, think they're seventy six, Well he still will they still be able to.
Speaker 2: Keep them dues around him.
Speaker 1: Everybody well because he guess what, because by that time you're gonna have to that'll be checked, that'll be coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it interesting to see what they got with Jaylen Williams, because that's the thing they want to do away with the Super Team. Now they'll have their bird rights. But the question of guys like man, they make it seventy six. If I stay here, I'm only gonna make thirty six. I go somewhere else and make fifty. That's why I got to start the vegetojo. You let hold on, Yeah, thirty six, Now hold on thirty six times four to seventy two. That's one forty four all I can do fifty times four that's two hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now that's a big difference. That's a big difference, Joe, one forty four versus two hundred. Yeah, we talked about fifty six billion over four years. We talked about fifty six billion dollars difference, that's fourteen MILLI per year.
Speaker 2: Now we talk about a whole different ballgame.
Speaker 1: But Yoe, we're talking about two to five billion, were talking about fifty six million. Yeah, it's it's it's definitely a different you know what. It kind of puts me in mind when I was playing in Phoenix before I left. You know, the year I had to play, the year I played with Nash and that was the only year I played with him. It was my contract year because the start of that the start of that season, they brought in Nash and Quentin Richardson and they played them big money to come in. So they kind of put me on the back burner, like, all right, I know, we said we was gonna take care of you this summer. We're just gonna wait till next summer, not knowing that we was gonna be the best team in the league at that time, don't nobody, right, So they offered me forty five million, okay, oh, Joe, and I turned it down. Joe, they offered me forty five I turned it down. I said, naw, I feel like, you know, we played out. Shit, I can get more than forty five. We played it out and we ended up being a number one team. Now we lost in the Western Conference finals, but I ended up getting seventy to come here to Atlanta. Right, what I'm saying, that's twenty five twenty five? Yeah, that's a big difference. Yeah, hey, hey, hey, yeah, absolutely, yeah, Hey, I got, I got, I.
Speaker 2: Got a better understanding that. Okay, that's how we get properly. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now your property right there there, pro Hey, hey, he ain't tell you about that second contract.
Speaker 2: They decided Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Double that double he doubled about Joe Joe, when you've got to have that's okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Ojo oo. Okaya, I worked hard for mine, man, I worked hard. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. Listen, hey, look we all we all work hard. Some of us get paid.
Speaker 1: Differently, though, you know, I understand, I understand, I understand, I understand. Yeah, s GA will soon become the highest paid player in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Very well deserved. Guys.
Speaker 1: Put the time in. Don't call the problem. They play the game the right way. You can't be mad at somebody to having that success. Three teams with three players to win the MVP, the thunder Russ k d Sha, seventy six Ers, Uh, doctor j want it, will want it and Joel Embiid won it. Lakers man, Well, what we talking about here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Out the ball? Celtics man, what we're talking about? Man?
Speaker 1: The Rockets, you know, they had Moses Malone wanted, They had a cheam Elijah want to win it. They had James Harden win it. Yeah yeah, uh and the thund There's only been a team since two thousand and eight. Moses Moses wanted, Moses for the Rockets won it twice, won it once with the Sixers first year that they won the championship. Obviously a team won it and Harden won it. But the Celtics, when you look at the Celtics, I mean you got Havlecheck. I think Dave Cowens won it. Bill Russell wanted, the Lakers got shot. Kobe Gotta tell you who else wanted will win it. I don't think Jerry West wanted. I would probably say, oh, Kareem what the hell? And Magic what the hell about thinking Kareem won it three times? He wanted three with the Lakers and three with the Bucks. Magic won it three times. Kobe won one and Shot won one. Jerry West didn't win the Jerry with the Finals MVP. The first year they had it initiated in nineteen sixty nine, he won the championship. They lost some seven games to the Celtics, but he was the first finals MVP.
Speaker 2: Puss. Hey, oh a I went six? Is okay?
Speaker 1: You gotta put some respect on Sam Percy's name over there. Oh he done a great job. Okay, But but you know what, Joe, He's gonna have to close the deal now, Yeah, you gotta close the deal because think about it. You got guys, I mean thinking you got you drafted three top seventy five players. Yeah, and they and and two of the three one m vps there James Harden went to Houston and won it. But at some point in time, you have to close the deal. Now we we know you can select talent, and he selected these guys.
Speaker 2: K d Russ Harden. Make the trade, make the trade for a for Shade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you drafted Jaylen Williams, all these other guys. You make the trade for lou Dor all these other guys. You Chet Homer, you drafted you you you you signed the hard and started in fregency. You drafted Reggie Jackson. I mean, you've done a Serge Ibaka. He is only it's only so much he gonna be able to do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Now he gonna get you. He gonna put the pieces in place, but he can't go out there and play. Some of this is gonna have to the ownership is gonna have to take up on amongst the players to be able to come out and compete and be the last team standing. They've been the best team the whole entire regular season. Yes, for him, he's done his job. He just got to hope that they sustained and pull it through in these playoffs. So I think at some point he'll they'll eventually get one. If not this year, which I feel like is wide open, I don't feel like, yeah, obviously Nose might be their best chance to get it too.
Speaker 2: It might be it might be man, but hey, it ain't gonna be easy. I promise you that KD.
Speaker 1: You look at KD when he won the MVP, he averaged thirty two points seven rebounds, five and a half assists. He shot fifty thirty nine eighty seven shape it is MVP season thirty two point seven five rebounds, six point four assists, fifty two thirty eight ninety russ when he averages triple double, thirty one point six, ten point seven, ten point four, forty three percent from the floor, thirty four percent from the three, eighty five percent from the free throw line. So great job of Sam Prestck. Congratulations, shaved very very well to deserve the Thunder organization. Hey, you guys playing well. This is what the Clippers traded to get Paul George. They traded Shay gilg Just Alexander d Nalo Danello Gallinari twenty twenty two first round pick, twenty twenty four first round pick, twenty twenty six per first round pick, Miami's twenty twenty one first round pick, Miami's twenty twenty three first round pick, A lot of protective the Clippers first round pick right still in twenty three, twenty twenty three, they get the rights to a pick swap.
Speaker 2: This year they get the Clippers right to a pick swap.
Speaker 1: So they got one, two, three, four, five first round picks, two pick swamps for Shae Gilgers and Gallinari for Paul George. They didn't they didn't see I knew that I've seen the word, Doc say, he kind of knew Shay was gonna be special, but they didn't see this because yeah, not this. Yeah, I thought he was gonna be good. Yeah, he's gonna be good. But now come on, now, I ain't see this because if they've seen this, they wouldn't have got rid of him.
Speaker 2: Whether they had to, but they had to because Kawhi was gonna go to the Lakers.
Speaker 1: If you really want do you really want Kawhi A d and Lebron and you're playing in the basement. At least Kawhi gave you some credibility. Now, at least you think you because Kawhi has won He's finals MVP twice, he's Defensive Player of the Year twice. So he's given you hope. He's given the Clippers fans hope. That's why you know, Dennis, I think that's the name, Uncle Dennis. And you make concessions what you gave Kawhi to get it? You make those concessions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he Hey, Joe and I you think Kawhi would have been I mean, not Kawhi. You think Sga would have become.
Speaker 2: Who he became. That's that's all I know.
Speaker 1: Neither because sometimes a lot of times when you get traded, it puts a little fire in you because you know, as a player, you know it's a business. But at the same time, you kind of feel like, in the back of youard mind, you don't want me, that team didn't really want me. All right, I'm gonna show them. I'm gonna show him. It makes you lock in a little harder to you know, to to prove. I don't want to say prove them wrong, but you know, kind of proved. I want to prove myself right, to prove myself that I am the player who I think I am. And he's done that, bro, since he stepped there. Okay, see he's he's made tremendous leaps and bounds every year. And uh, that's what's impressed me the most. Because here's the thing, oh Joe, because the office, Kawhi is gonna be first option. He's first option in OKC. It's just like Brandon Ingram could Brandon No, he couldn't have been that with Lebron. Brandon Ingram need to get his own team. Guys need to get that.
Speaker 2: Julius.
Speaker 1: No, he would have been that. He needs to be on his own team. Sometimes a guy needs to be on their own team. I'm the first option, so I can grow, mm I can get I'm only gonna get oh yo, I'm only gonna get so big when there's a lot of shade on me.
Speaker 2: I need the son to shine on me. That's a good one. I like that. I need the son to shine on me. No, not with Kawhi, No, he was not. He was not. Does that no ball? You think basketball? Does it only happen in basketball? Where No, we've seen it. We see pre shongs.
Speaker 1: You saw pre song when he left Baltimore, what he did when he went to Kansas City, right all down because he was a backup.
Speaker 2: How can I do?
Speaker 1: I can only do so much. You coming in and you giving me five I get five seven carries a game. Now, I'm averaging five and a half six yards to carry. But guess what happens when you give me Now, I'm getting twenty twenty five carrier. I'm getting twenty five thirty touches. Okay, I'll go get you twenty eight touchdowns. I'll be a first team off Pro a couple of years. Every fifty for fifty other yards. It was one of the two or three best back in the league before I messed up my help.
Speaker 2: No, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can only do so much o jo when you don't get when you don't allow me to get with X amount of touches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but see, you know you don't see the difference you talk about. In football, you have to rely on the calling plays for you. You have to giving you the ball, you have. Your opportunities come from a coordinator. Okay, we're calling this play for you. When I figure about basketball and some of the grace that have opportunities to play together, but in turn, you guys say, in order for them to grow, they need their own team. The gay The game of basketball is free flowing. There's one ball, but it's only five pero in the court. Yes, so I see it based on names of what I know they can do. Well, hell they she's all be able to play together. All of you good shoot the ball with the hair, you motherfucker want to shoot.
Speaker 2: It all right?
Speaker 1: You see, some guys who are are really good complimentary pieces don't know it until you know that that time has to prove themselves. Meaning, you know, look at Julius Round, even though he's a he's a hell of a player. Like he's been through enough to where he knows understand Okay, I'm playing with a man. I know he first options, but I'm gonna be the best robbin he could possibly have, you know what I mean as far as being aggressive making plays, and some nights he gonna probably get off the slow starts.
Speaker 2: I gotta be the guy that pick it up.
Speaker 1: I feel like Rando is a guy who has really came into himself and he knows that understands his role, and he's been playing it to the t, especially in these playoffs. So that's kind of like one example I would definitely give you know what I mean, Jylen Brunson. You think Jaylen Brunston is this if he's still in Dallas with Luca. No, he needed his own team. Okay, I'm mary bad handler.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. Let's be real, He's not this. He needed his own team in order to flourish. That's okay.
Speaker 3: So that in decimiler with Kyrie leaving and even Lebron and Cleveland in the same situation, but see they play different positions. You see Brunson and and Luca played the same position that both guards. They both need the ball to be dominant. See, Lebron and Kyrie can play off each other. It's just like shaqing Kobe, shaqing Kobe. It's easy to play because it's a big and a little Magic and Kareem. It's a big and a little.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, we got too, we got too, we got, we got two threes, we got we got too. Poor, we got That's why you go back and look at the Lakers. They had Norm Nixon, they had Magic Johnson. Norm Nixon was a damn good point guard. But in order for Magic to be he didn't need to share. So what we're gonna do. We're gonna get rid of We're gonna trade Norm to the Clippers, and we're gonna go draft Byron Scott.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now we got a guy that can shoot. He can feel the lanes. We got James Worthy, So we got two guys that can feel. Guess what we get into a half guard set? Okay, hey, Cap, what you wanted to the right to the left, right right? Hey, Look I think about when when Kyrie played with Lebron, he's like the ultimate two guard. Oh, Joe, I don't know, yes, look at him as a point I think playing with Lebron because because Lebron is so unselfish, Uh, it allowed Kyrie to kind of naturally play that scoring role because he scores the ball with the best of him and uh, he was more of a two guard to me playing with Lebron. And I don't know if he just you know, wanted to ball in his hands to be able to make plays. But I thought that was the best, best, uh position for him, you know, I thought they had a great, great uh connection. Man. Yeah, look at look at Steph play with Lebron and the Olympics. Look at KD with Lebron playing the Olympics and how easy open the shots did get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it's like. Yeah, right, you're right.
Speaker 1: Everybody's thinking Lebron is like, damn ain't been it's over because they guy's got to worry about Steph or this guy gotta worry about KD. Yeah, when you play with other great players and you're not playing the same position, now, sometimes ego gets involved, and you know you want to you know, hey, I want this to be as my team.
Speaker 2: It's this team is that, whatever caation may be. But you think people would be like that for real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, absolutely. Yeah, it's just you saw that broke. Did you see what happened in New England? And you talking about do you think it's like that you was there? Of course it's like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, yeah, that's that's playering coach, That's that's that's that's different.
Speaker 1: I'm just egos. The greater you are as an individual, the bigger the ego you have. I don't give a damn about the sport, right be it in corporations. If you don't, If you don't think Amazon and Google and all these companies are competing, you're fooling yourself.
Speaker 2: You're fooling yourself. The video you don't. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: You don't So you don't think Walmart and Costco competing, Slam Club and costc competing.
Speaker 2: You don't think that. You don't think walmartin Target compete. You don't think that.
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 2: You know there are?
Speaker 1: Of course, That's that's what makes the school we are. Oh, your competition, there was always competition to go back to whatever. You had to do certain things in order to win the man, to win the father's heart, you had to it was a competition. Well, this guy got he a he got four golds. Two cow's what you got, I got, I got some lentils. Now they a't gonna work.
Speaker 2: Bro. I'm sorry you lost, and it was what it is. But this might be one of the worst trades in history. What's that? The shame of Paul George. Five first rounders and two pick swaps, so they still got to a U.
Speaker 1: They still got the Clippers first round in twenty six that's not a lottery protected.
Speaker 2: They still got a pick swap this year first round. Now Shake Shake goes through it.
Speaker 1: He's won an MVP and he mess right at won the title because you know what they want, the title.
Speaker 2: He's gonna beat his finals MVP. Hey, look, it's the risk that you take. You got to.
Speaker 1: It's the risk that you take when you know, when you're on a GM and you're making these moves, you know you don't know how none of this is gonna pan out. You don't you're going based on on Phiel or how you think, how you think it's gonna you know, pan out? And man, I think all that is little fire on the SGA because since he's left the Clippers, Bro, he's done number of sin, got an m V and he twenty six six with the MVP on his belt, possibly could win a title this year. I don't know what more you can ask from if you him, uh to prove your work and uh what you're capable of doing. So, Like I say, man, my hast goes off to him because he seems like a guy who's not gonna be complacent.
Speaker 2: Ocho.
Speaker 1: He seems like a dude who's gonna come back and even more relentless than he was this year. Ye, I'm looking forward to seeing his progression as a player and ultimately who he who he ends up you know, becoming, and what he's able to accomplish in this sport it is.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is, Oh, y'all don't know how you, but I can speak to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once I made the Pro Bowl, I had an unquenchable thirst or desire and do it again, because anybody can do it once right now, because nobody expected that. You talk about the seventh round draft pick, the mainly special teams player and he goes to the Pro Bowl. Okay, now, when the game playing for your black ass, what you're gonna do the whole different ball game when the game play, Oh, we got a we gotta we gotta deal with eighty five man, or we gotta deal with number two, we gotta deal with number seven. Yeah, that's a whole different ball game. You might catch you might catch a rabbit. Sneak up on it, set him down, let him know you're trying to catch it. Yeah, let's see, Hey join the meskuw biss what's going on with Americans? Because in the fifties, fifties, sixties, seventies, and eighties you had no foreign MVPs. And the nineties you had won Elijah one. In the two thousands you had three, you had Nash one two, Dirk one one. In the twenty ten you had one Jannis. Now in the twenty twenties and American got one, you got Yanni started it off, and then you got Yoke Yoke mb yoke nache Man.
Speaker 2: Listen overseas they gloomed them dudes.
Speaker 1: Man, they started playing pro ball at thirteen fourteen years old. They really really learned the nuances of the game. They learned how to play versus just going out playing every day you do play. Yeah, So so now you know they done caught up as far as allan wise, Yeah, all over with us as Americans and.
Speaker 2: Their best players might be better than their best Americans.
Speaker 1: So because when you look at it, it's hard to say what American player right now is better than Yanni's Yoke or Sga. It's hard, man, It's yeah, you're right, You're right, August Hard. It's hard to say is Americans what Americans are better than them?
Speaker 2: At? Just go ahead on, y'all. I'll let you take you want len. I just want to know. I had I looked up. I had to look up and think a little bit. Ain't nothing out there, not right now, ain't not not not right now.
Speaker 3: There are other there are other players that will compliment them, you know, but they look right up under, right up the now, but not not too far away.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, right up under. I mean, you got Yoke averaging a triple double.
Speaker 1: You got Gianni's shooting sixty percent from the floor with thirty twelve and five.
Speaker 2: You got andb doing what he's doing when he's healthy.
Speaker 1: Uh, you got Shay give you almost thirty three on fifty plus percent shooting. You gotta think, hey, these dudes probably grew up watching the NBA and wanted to be a part of course, and they probably just they just put it in the work. Man, and this is kind of highest paid off. I think what David's during Envision Joe was having an American having the Olympic Dream Team in ninety two. That opened up the world, make it global, That opened it up because out of that you got a Dirt and you got Giannis and you got Steve Nash, and you got Yo Kic and you got Luca and you got Sga.
Speaker 2: That's what you got because they that hold on this is a world stage. Now. Yeah, so now guess what you got from Canada.
Speaker 1: You got Germany, you got Serb, you got Slovenia, you got Greece, and then you got Frank, you got Gimby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got my New, my New, you got a Tony Parker.
Speaker 1: It's it's hey, look, the talent, the talent, the talent disparity ain't loftside and no more. You know, like everything is pretty much even, if not lean more toward the foreigner's way.
Speaker 2: You know, they've kind of come in and and kind of took the league by storing.
Speaker 1: When you look up, you're like, wow, like the top guys in the NBA right now, you know, outside of Lebron you know KD think them them just left yeah, Steph. But man, these young dudes, these dudes they running the league right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: Because I've been proud of that. I mean, the thing was and see, and that's why I said, you know, it's not a foregone conclusion because when the original Dream Team, they might have had four or five players out of all the other countries in the NBA. You go to any team, now, they got four or five NBA players on that team. You go to Serbia, you go to I mean, you go, you know, Breeze got players, You got Canada. Canada is loaded with NBA players. You go to the French team, they loaded with the NBA players.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So all these teams that you're playing where it was just one or two sprinkled in here and there, they got guys. And not only they're in the NBA, they're playing pro ball overseas. So even if they're not in the NBA, they're playing pro ball. It's not like it is, oh, hey man, what you're doing. What you're doing for the next two week? Come on, we gotta go to the Olympics. Ain't no more of that, O Joe. These guys are actually playing. Shay hooked. This team up with teammates up with Rolexes following his MVP announcement, Joe and Ojo take a look at this video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so perfect time, man, what time it is? Hey, that's all I ain't done. Now live, that's live. That's what I did. I did that for the Ojoe.
Speaker 1: When I went to my first Pro Bowl, I had I think I had like twelve thousand dollars. I got twelve thousand, five hundre dollars if I made the Pro Bowl. Uh, I went bought all the offensive lineman. Rolexis the only one that said he didn't want what I asked. John said, John, you want a roll lex? He said, nah, tee, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I asked Zim. Zim like nope, I'm good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The rest of the guys I got, got the other guy's Rolexes and have my name in Gray Cholm.
Speaker 2: Thank you cause you know me on Joe.
Speaker 1: I believe that I could be wrong, but I damn SUO believe they blocked harder where they know a past was coming.
Speaker 2: The old eighty four. Yeah, I don't believe that. I like that. I like that they were like, come on, sharpy, yeah you know what I'm saying, hey, I mean that's different. I think about it.
Speaker 3: You know, I've never been in a position obviously where I had to to to buy teammates, you know, yeah, playing a sport gift says that, thank you now now that now that you bring me bringing back the key things in the perspective in context, I bought some watches. I bought some watches, and and it's funny like now that we got together, like, can I ask and watch us back?
Speaker 2: No? No, oh hell nah.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: My time, My time is valuable and I need I need the time that you wasted. I need that watch back to watch it.
Speaker 1: You know, there're people sue for that though. People soon talking about the this this guy. This lady is sue and telling about this guy wasted her youth. She's twenty six.
Speaker 2: He what it is about. Were in a different time in ro man, they ain't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am, But that's that's that's that's a great gesture of shade. Congratulations teammates, congratulations, well deserved. I said, that's dope. That's real live, man, that's real live. The NBA announced Anthony Edwards has been fined fifty K for using profane language during the media interview following the Tea Wolfs lost to the Thunder in game one, he said, I only took thirteen if a shot, that's they find it for that. Yes, but oh Joe, we talked about that last night. I said, Oh Joe, and only had.
Speaker 3: Thirteen shots and he didn't even realize it because he look at look at his response.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you know what that means.
Speaker 1: He gonna put my gun in tomorrow even to go crazy. Yeah, look o Joe. And just so he sometimes he may be a little too rot for TV. You know, it's like he'd be sitting there talking his homeboys, you know what I mean. He at the barber shop. Yes, he career though, Joe know he'd be right there on ESPN they be they got him tapped in. Hey, look, he'd be lost and gone, Hey.
Speaker 2: Joe, Hey Joe.
Speaker 1: That's what happened to old Joe and I. We get on here, Old Joe, I forget like damn, I got a microphone and camera in front of me.
Speaker 2: I can't listen.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, and we we will always remain the same, authentical to yourself. That's why that's why it's called nightcap for a reason. And I think people not even realizing this ain't linear TV, this ain't television. This is something completely different. So you're gonna get something different every time into New Watch and Night because hey, Joe, I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't know what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: And sometimes when the times of the show, I don't know what I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: Y'all know what, And it's like them late it's like them late night videos may come on, you hope them kids in beg Yeah, what's gonna go across that TV? Yeah, if you late that videos you come on with m TV. That's when they showed you the Wauncher stuff. I want my MTV. I mean that, Hey, that tells out, Like damn, I don't know that that that came up, but it shows shit that came out. The Sixers are reportedly not looking to trade Paul George. The Sixers looked into the number three pick next month's draft, and everyone will be watching to see what they're do. They have already been reports suggesting that a Phillips open the shopping the third overall pick, and Jake Fisher is reporting that it's more likely the Sixers trade down, not out of the draft entirely. Another fair, far more important adbit, the Philadelphia may not actually be looking to trade PG. Recent reports suggests that the Sixers will be looking to explore George's trade in the market conjunction with the draft are misread. There have been no indication they're looking to package George and the number three pick to move him on his own. I'm trying to figure out so if they trade who and what they're gonna trade in for Joe that country he got his huge Yes, you're gonna have to get about six players back for him because and he signed up what he got a playoff option too, and he gonna pick that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah, he'd be a fool. Not too so with Joe. With Joe, what s y'all say? What but trade him a keep him? Well? He is not that what Joe gonna do? What? What is he? What does he?
Speaker 1: Everything is continued it want anything, oh Joe, because if he can't, if he can't don't get up off of him, we might well, I mean just just just fess up and say, look, and we probably did make a couple of bad investments, but we need to try to get up off the you know what, I mean yeah, So if Joel can't come back healthy to where you can compete, because everything is really lies in his.
Speaker 2: In his everything is contingent on him. Yeah. So I don't know, man, I don't know. Damn got so they got some young promise and talent.
Speaker 1: I love tyres MAXI yeah, and the and the one to look guard from Duke who got hurt.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah yeah McLean look. Yeah he came in balling.
Speaker 1: You know, in the minutes that he got, the opportunities that he got, he took advantage of him. He showed me something that I ain't think he could do. Like he put up some he put up some big numbers in that little Yeah. When he was playing, he playing some good balls. So they got some good pieces. Like I said, man, the injuries play a huge part of uh people's legacy obviously teams, uh you know season. So if Joe l NB can't get back to the dominance that we've accustomed to watching him play at, it ain't competing for nothing.
Speaker 2: Man. The volume