Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's kiss you.
Speaker 3: I am all in again with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 4: Next, guess I think we should bring out missus Kim herself, right, all right, yeah, all right, Scott, you ready for Emily.
Speaker 5: Emily Caroda, the wonderful missus Kim.
Speaker 1: There she is, Hello, Emily, Hi, Scott, welcome.
Speaker 4: I have a gift for you from missus Kim because I am missus Kim and I see Oh, merry Christmas, Scott.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. That's great.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I tell you.
Speaker 5: Huh yeah, I can look at my bank account with this thing, I see it. Yeah, all right, yeah, Emily, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, good to see you.
Speaker 2: It's nice here, man.
Speaker 1: We uh we just have a few thousand people.
Speaker 2: I know we're coming. It means a lot, really, it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Bob Dylan couldn't come, so you know, yeah, well are they gonna have to deal with us?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Good to see you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were here yesterday and I was we were doing a little press.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So what do you think of all this? Huh?
Speaker 1: Did you did you have any idea?
Speaker 5: Did you have an inkling that it would ever attain these heights.
Speaker 1: No, after twenty five.
Speaker 4: Years, twenty five years later, you go into these shops, a hotel, the diner, everything's exactly the same.
Speaker 2: It's it's like being transported back in time.
Speaker 5: And you know, we really don't want to commercialize this at all, and it's offensive and I'm against it, but there happens to be about five hundred different SKUs of products that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love.
Speaker 5: So get out your credit cards and anyway, So tell us about what it was like working on this show.
Speaker 1: With this great dialogue, what's the favorite.
Speaker 5: Scene that you filmed out of that location?
Speaker 4: Probably my favorite scene is, uh, maybe the wedding because when I know, and at no point did anybody go, where's your husband, where's the dad?
Speaker 2: Why are you walking lane down the aisle?
Speaker 4: We just accepted it, but it was it was actually kind of hard to say the lines because I was so moved because by that time we had grown together as a family, the whole cast and the crew and everybody, so.
Speaker 2: It was very special to me. It was almost as if my own daughter got married.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, an excellent portrayal. One of the funniest actresses working anywhere right, just amazing work that you laid down. It was just always a treat when your scenes were coming up and it's like, okay, now we're gonna now, we're gonna laugh until we craw.
Speaker 1: What was it like when tell us about your audition?
Speaker 2: Oh, my audition.
Speaker 4: I went in there and I said, uh, boys, don't do I co Anny Goodl's and then Amy, the writer and producer and director, she goes, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: And I said, I'm sorry, but I'm doing a Korean accent. She said, no, don't do.
Speaker 4: A Korean accent. You just do it straight, but as a general. So that's how missus Kim was born in that room. Yeah, that's why she's so very militaristic.
Speaker 5: Were you nervous when she had that reaction a little bit or did you just make the adjustment and nail it.
Speaker 4: I just made the adjustment because I thought, man, you are so you know, because most people go, I want more accent, but she was like, no, just be the character, Just be And I thought you are one special lady. And you know, I'd already written read the script and it was just amazingly bright and funny and quick.
Speaker 1: Is the show popular in South Korea.
Speaker 2: Do you don't know?
Speaker 1: You don't know? No, I funny? Now does anybody know?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 1: Somebody google it and get back to us, would you.
Speaker 5: We got our crack research team working on that right now. We'll be within a couple hours. Any questions for Emily, Let's get some questions going. We've got a couple of questions over there. It's Amy Sugarman, Ladies and Joe.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet y'all.
Speaker 3: So my question is if there were any differences, what were the biggest differences between the Year and the Life and the original show.
Speaker 2: I got a husband, he showed up.
Speaker 5: That was huge, and I got a wife. Yeah, you know, the biggest difference was the sheer amount of money that Netflix committed to these.
Speaker 1: Really they were four movies. They were four hour and a half movies.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: There were no commercials because because when we filmed the show, there were hour long shows, but twenty minutes of commercials, so forty minutes of content, right, and eighty pages of black ink. But now we're doing we're doing four one and a half hour movies.
Speaker 1: And I remember walking on.
Speaker 5: The stage the first time and just to see the amount of equipment and the high tech cameras and all of the screens and the whiz bang gadgets everywhere. I thought, boy, this is something, this is It was like it really wasn't making a TV anymore. We were making films. So that was the difference. It was a massive difference.
Speaker 6: So and I.
Speaker 5: Really and at the premiere I saw Winter Oh no, no, No, Winter, Yes, and I thought it really worked really really well as a studio level romantic comedy, very well done, very beautifully executed.
Speaker 1: So it works as a film too.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, that one was a film.
Speaker 5: That was a film, that was definitely a film.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi, I want to ask you, are you happy with how Lane's story ended?
Speaker 1: Are you happy with how Lane's story ended?
Speaker 2: It's not over yet. Nah, She's gonna do more, She's gonna get out of the store. Yeah, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 3: I wanted to know if it was hard to keep a straight face when you were like having to play such a strict character.
Speaker 2: Nah, this is how my face is, Hi.
Speaker 1: Scott, Hi, Emily, I love you guys.
Speaker 3: I know this show like centers on the relationship between Rory and Loralai, but there's so many like parental figures and different kind of relationships in the show. So other than Loraha and Rory, what was your favorite sort of relationship in the show?
Speaker 1: You're asking me both.
Speaker 5: Of you, Okay, should you want.
Speaker 6: To take that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I think the dynamic between I mean really, for me, the big entertainment value came in. It's actually a tie Richard and Emily and Lane and Emily.
Speaker 1: Just just so fraught with I.
Speaker 5: Don't know, just it was just such great dramatic and funny stuff all at the same time. I thought those two d brought the comedy and the drama at a very heightened level in both examples, right, And it really showed the power of the writing and what great actors can do with it.
Speaker 1: So that's that's my answer, and I'm sticking to it anymore. Question John's question John, Hi.
Speaker 7: Miss cam I am curious. I can't find it anywhere online. But did Amy ever tell you what your first name is?
Speaker 2: Missus?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: I'm Leah.
Speaker 8: Great to meet you, guys. My question is for Emily. My favorite Missus Kim scene is when she breates Zach in the street, and it's similar to the straight face question. But how is that? How was filming that scene? And did the actor that plays Zach ever break?
Speaker 4: No, he didn't break because I was scary. I love doing that scene so much. Oh and he just kept going more and more and said, Okay, here it comes.
Speaker 2: It was great. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: I know we have like team Jess, Slogan and Dean. I'm just curious who missus Kim's team is.
Speaker 6: Is it Dave? Is it Henry? Is it Zach.
Speaker 7: Way?
Speaker 1: It's gotta be Dave team Davrah Go.
Speaker 4: I am all right, Hi.
Speaker 1: My name is Grace.
Speaker 4: I was just wondering, missus Kim, was it hard for you to say all the mean comments to any of the actors?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 7: Hi, guys, I was curious, missus Kim, what would you advise? I am right here there you are. I was curious what your advice would be if lane were dating today with dating apps? What advice would you give those who are single?
Speaker 4: I would throw her phone down the toilet. I wouldn't let her touch any of them. She has to meet a boy in church except for Zak. I actually started liking Zach.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 3: This question is for Emily.
Speaker 1: One of your signature lines on your show is you break you by?
Speaker 2: Did you ever break anything while on set. No, I did it. That was a I should have though.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's gonna wrap it up for the For Emily Karota, it's too bad.
Speaker 1: She's not a very good guest.
Speaker 5: Huh, Jace Ah, amazing, amazing, the amazing Emily Karota. Great seeing you, Thanks for coming by, Thank you all.
Speaker 6: Hey, everybody, and don't forget.
Speaker 5: Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com