Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am joseebe Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? I'm Robert Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again? Once?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Robin, are you full? This is cyber Monday. Cyber Monday, and like Thanksgiving? Like, did you eat everything? No? I hate Thanksgiving food. Okay, me too, Okay, but I do something different.
Speaker 2: I got Prime Rib and my crab legs, of course, but I got Prime Rib and all the stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, you like ordered it in? Yeah, okay, nice? Yeah, founding farmers shout out to them. Oh cool, Yeah okay, perfect. Yes, you know, we have the traditional Thanksgiving at my house. But by the way, we give thanks. We forgot to say this last week. We give thanks to all of you for listening to read we do shady. That is what I'm thankful for. Yeah, amongst other things, but so many things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm well, okay, since we're giving thanks, We're thankful for our team, for our Black Effect team.
Speaker 1: We're thankful for Tailor.
Speaker 2: We're thankful for the fact that you know we were rocking and rolling like season five.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is this is beautiful and you know, as we approach the holidays, I always want to.
Speaker 1: Just thank God for you know, the year ending it out with a bang. Twenty twenty five is going to be make zang. Yes, mate, thankfull of continued growth hopefully for everyone. Yes, I'm growing, are you? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like how so I'm a great person, Robin, and I'm becoming greater and greater.
Speaker 1: By the day. That's fantastic. Yes, yes, Also this is Jazelle full throttle. By the way, I have a question for you before we get into our shady moment shy moment you have it. You're wearing another aka yes getting it's actually very cute, Verry be dazzled, very pretty. Did you ever, like so when you were in in the chapter in college, did you ever participate in like the step shows and stuff? Robin? Yeah? Are you trying to question my coordination? I'm just asking a question.
Speaker 2: So we when we came out, we like, I'll love probate. I was one of the people that did step Yes, well.
Speaker 1: You were like forced to do that everything everyone No, no, not my line. So it was just maybe like twenty of us okay out of the fifty okay, less than that's probably fifteen. Yeah, and I did that then, and yeah, wasn't that was it wasn't so just one time like when you were like, yeah, when you crossed over and that was it. Yeah, okay, what about you Verry. Yeah. So unfortunately my chapter is pretty small at Maryland, and so for like the step shows and stuff, like everyone was forced to step, okay, so I had to step in like you know of course, like when we crossed, we had you know, we stepped. And then when I did like homecoming, we had a homecoming show ship, I think we had a fall. I mean we did something in the fall. We did our homecoming show, we did a spring show. So yes, I did a lot of stepping in my days. And I was always like for delta sigma theta, yes for my sorority, Delta sigma data. And they would kick me out of step practice because I would just be like so like I hated it, like I was forced to be there and I hated it, and I would just be like acting up, like just distracted people like not, yes, I was. I was the class clown of step practice. But we were actually good. We we we were on like Good Morning America one time. Yeah, they came to like visit our campus and so we were on there step in and then do we win? We were robbed. I remember we were robbed one homecoming show that was crazy. We had this awesome routine we did with coke cans. It was really fun. Oh nice, and then oh my gosh, we stepped at Howard University home okay, because the Deltas weren't on campus at that time, they were suspended. So we had this like amazing show that we had rocked at the University of Maryland and they were like, oh, well, a'll come step for us. We were like yeah, sure, yeah, Oh my god, we bombed that shit so bad. It was like, yes, it was so bad. That's a disgrace, so bad. Okay, but they had a theme, like they had a seventies theme, and so we switched our whole show up and it was just like we didn't have enough time to like perfect it. So that still haunts me, like to this day, like when I'm like on Howard University campus and like I am still haunted by the fact that we totally bombed a step show that's actually embarrassing. It was so embarrassing. It was so bad.
Speaker 2: So this you know, this year, I went to a door's homecoming and the ques. So now step shows are have been there at another level, right yeah. Yeah, so it was a big thing. It was a competition. They had trophies and all this stuff. Okay, so the.
Speaker 1: Ques came out and freaking demolished and I'm sitting there watching and they did this one thing and he was like the kus and they're knocking down the door and I knew all the words, and I was like, why do I know this shit? So it came back.
Speaker 2: But then so I'm talking to a guy the next day and I was like, hey, were you there?
Speaker 1: Who pledged?
Speaker 2: Who's like my sands? So I was like, yo, the cu'es killed it. He was like, yeah, they took our entire show from thirty years ago. And I was like, that's why it was And I was like, they killed it. Okay, So shout out to the cues at Hampton Universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. Step shows are fun. The energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, so and now it's like a party. So in between everybody's show, like you know, the DJ's there, it's a party. Ok yeah, me and me and a door tore it up. Okay, do you have a shady moment.
Speaker 1: I do have a shady moment. So I was working at my business, Glow thirty. Woo whoop. Yes, I was by the way.
Speaker 2: I was down I was on a date actually, and I was down the south you know, southwest.
Speaker 1: What is it by the water south east DC? No, by the water in DC, the Glow thirty that's down there. Oh, the wharf, the wharf. I was by the wharf and I was telling the guy. I was like, my girlfriend got one of these. Yeah, yeah, okay, thank you. Yeah. Yes. So I was at work at Glow thirty. I was at the front desk because my manager wasn't working that day. And my family comes to visit me. So Wane pulls up. He had just picked Corey up from school, so to get out the car. So Corey walks in the door and he's like put him, put your hands on, put your hands up really loud, right, and I know it. So I knew it was him. Of course I'm looking at him walking, but I'm like, Cory, there's people in here getting facial.
Speaker 2: And it's a quiet yes, zen right, it's like quiet in the room, you know, with the lights down.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my gosh, I could see him doing that. Yes, I'm like, you can't do that. So I had to like go to the you know, where the people were, and I'm like, I'm so sorry that was my son. And they were like, oh my god, we were so scared. No way, Yes, they were like we were like, oh my god, Robin is out there, okay, and it's Corey. Yes. I'm like, oh, do not ever ever do that again. Yeah, and you're a black man, yes, yes, Corey. Yeah. Not smart. How's he doing anyway? I know he heard his foot his growing, He's growing, that's right. Yeah, he's getting better. So his basketball season has started, but he has had to sit out a couple of scrimmages. But like a growin injury. I don't know if you've ever had a groin injury, but it's like it's one of those annoying injuries because like you didn't really like you don't really do something to like hurt it, like I don't know whatever. He might have just strained it somehow, but it's such a nagging injury that it takes a long time to like heal and if you come back too quickly, then you aggravate it again. So he'll be all right, but be all right, Okay, it's frustrating because he really wants to get on the court, I'm sure, and dunk on people get his dunk on. Yeah, okay. So you know, it's that time of year again. This is my shady moment. And I turned on the radio and it's.
Speaker 2: Christmas music and I'm so happy and I drive down the street. But I think because well, first of all, typically they turned on the Christmas music. Well no, now it's the time because it's after Thanksgiving. Yes, but like this is like the booty Christmas music, Like this isn't the good Christmas music. I think they saved the good Christmas music until like closer to Christmas.
Speaker 1: Well, where are you listening to this music? It's on the radio, just on the radio station ninety seven point one. Watch that FM that is shout out. Maybe you need to switch your radio. Well that's the only one that plays it twenty four securd because the other ones, I don't know, they don't.
Speaker 2: Play No, they play it twenty four seven, but they're playing like you know, the carollers.
Speaker 1: Ing Cosby and stuff being Yeah, I don't know what's his first thing. They're playing like you know, the.
Speaker 2: Like the Callers from Canada or like you know, just like stupid Christmas music. I want my net King Cole, I want my Mariah Carey, I want the Temptations.
Speaker 1: I want my people. Okay, well you do you have a you need to play your own music then, like do you have Apple Music or Pandora or I don't play it in the car? You don't, No, I only listen to that. I know. I'm the last person I listened to the radio in the car. You know it's crazy. I listened to the radio as well for whatever reason when I'm and I was gonna, I was gonna like thinking about that, like I need to ask the people. Do they still listen to the radio because I do? Yeah, when I'm in you didn't you? I thought you had serious or I do? I have it all? So you know of the radio, then I have serious XM, I have my pain, I have you know, Corey when he's in the car, it's Drake NonStop on Apple Music like so, but I've I will turn all that off to turn on the radio, like to hear people talking to hear like local people talking, and then you know, they'll play the music whatever. But it's like it's weird. I'm like, why am I still attached to the radio radio? I don't know. Maybe because because that's how it's I don't know, yeah, old school, but I like the radio. Yeah. I like to hear what's going on locally, right, Yeah, that's yeah, that's why I listen to it too. It's like I like to hear what's going on or hear just people talking. Yeah. Yeah, we're getting old, yes, old and crusty. But I'm telling you my Christmas playlist on Pandora is the best. It's the best. Well, mine on my like little iPad or whatever is really really good. Okay, not iPad. What do you call that thing? The small thing you're alexa, No, the small thing that you put iPod? Yes? Do we still have iPods? You do? I don't like, why do you need an iPod? You could play it on your phone Listen. I'm old school, damn it. Yeah. Yeah. So, but you know, it's crazy this year about the Christmas season. This is the first time I noticed this. People actually really started getting into Christmas on November first.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it's because I'm Mariah Carey really, because she decides that after what do you call it Halloween?
Speaker 1: It's Christmas? But this is has this been happening? This it's beginning? I was like what I was like, Halloween was just yesterday? Yeah? Why is why are you putting her Mariah Tree up? Why am I hearing? Really? Mariah said it? So she said it's yeah. So so it's almost like maybe thanks we're literally just skipping over Thanksgiving. Well like it's just not even.
Speaker 2: Like a yeah, Thanksgiving is just there for us to eat. Yeah, yeah, but it's it's Mariah said it's time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when she says it's time, is time because she tried to say it was time in the summertime, and we say, Mariah, sit down somewhere.
Speaker 1: E't time yet? Damn it? All right? Did I get my shady moment? No? Another one? Okay, wait, no, no I did you? Okay, so my shady moment you did? You said Christmas and Christmas music. We're moving on, guys. I need to eat my blueberries. I can't remember nothing these days. Listen.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I did want to talk about or give you know, you get people their flowers when it's time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, And I feel like twenty twenty four has been an upheaval, Like a lot of things have happened that we didn't see coming, okay, such as such as people talking about their booty holes. Right, who did that, Kat Williams. So Kat that interview with Charter Sharp? Yes, and he said, remember fifty million dollars four times?
Speaker 1: Yes, but he didn't take it. Yes. And his booty hole is a version yes, Okay, he was foreshadowing, by the way. Yeah, that's what I'm getting to. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I feel like he set the or kick the can all these things, yes, to just transpire. Yes, and he hasn't been wrong, right, Nobody has come out to say Cat is a and his pants a own fire.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: This is where I'm giving him credit where credit is due. He is now featured in GQ magazine as one of.
Speaker 1: As the man who opened the portal ooh. Shoot. The other day, I was like, oh, I did a rabbit hole on Cat Williams. You know he's a virgo. No, and that explains it.
Speaker 2: Okay, And that is why I like Cat Williams, okay, because he'd be understanding, like it's I'm gonna do this shit my way, right, and I be damned. And he's got integrity and he he's gonna, you know, stand firm on whatever the hell he believes.
Speaker 1: He might need to be careful though, why he needs to just like look over his shoulder every now.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure cat got people looking, you know, like I'm looking over for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure he walked with people. Yeah, because yes, if he opened this rabbit hole, then he did though. Yeah. And by the way, by the way, speaking of rabbit hole, well Cassie really did, right, but he said it before he did, yes, and then all that stuff came out. Okay, So gosh, what happens in twenty twenty four has just been Yeah, I say, everybody right now, I keep your head down because we got like a month ago Shompuffy comes. Yes, he's his lawyers have been working over time. They're trying. They're trying really hard. I mean they're like, listen, they getting paid big top dollars.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they went off because his jail cell was flipped.
Speaker 1: Yes, and there was a rate of the jail cell.
Speaker 2: I thought that was like commonplace in jails, right, That's what happened. That's actually what they're supposed to do, right, right.
Speaker 1: Right, especially if they think that you're I don't know, you might have a phone or a phone meals that you're not supposed to get contraband is that what they call it? You have you know, illegal substances. Yes, they're supposed to pretty much left the room. You know what they call it, flip it. And so they flipped his room and all of a sudden, you can't do that, no more, not if you're Shawn. But then they find some letters or something.
Speaker 2: They found letters or information that I guess his lawyers had given him about the case, and they took it and so there, you know, and I get that because if you're going through a case, it's like you don't want the other side to.
Speaker 1: See what you got. Okay, I get that. So they had to give it back. I think they can't use it. Yeah, it was something like they found some handwritten letters that Puffy was writing or something or notes and they and so his lawyers fought so that the court can't use those.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I wondered what the that are said, right, yeah, somebody has them, the feds, Feds be fed look okay, right, and I did hear that Trump? You know Trump's case that's in New York. They're not sentencing him.
Speaker 1: Until after after the term term and for four years from now. You know, four years from now. It's really forty years from now. You know long that is. That is a long time. It's just this whole situation, like what message are we How do we bend the rules for some and not for others? O? Yes, what are we teaching our children? Yes? What are we teaching them? I don't know? Yes, okay, anyway, let's move on. Okay. By the way, my kids were, especially Carter, he was very disturbed bye by the election.
Speaker 2: Yes, whereas Corey is like old girl getting molly wopped, Carter the sensible one. I'm gonna so Corey is shady, Carter sensible reasonable?
Speaker 1: Yeah for yes, yeah for the most part. But Carter's a wise guy, so wise guys in smart o wise guys and like in like a not an asshole, but like he's he always has something like he's always made a smart remark. Yes, okay, yeah, I can see that. Yes, yeah, but Corey is definitely shady big time. Where'd you get that from? His mother's father? More so, his father and his father. Okay, yeah, that is wine lady walking up and down the street. He's good, He's good. Okay, great, Yeah, he's great. Okay, all right, reasonable shady? Okay. So we got an email from Kree says, Hi, ladies, my name is Creed. Love listening to you guys while I'm at work. I'm a nutrition technician and I prepare formula for infants who are in intensive care and have to be too fit. She says, you guys are hilarious and I hope you do a live show in Chicago soon. Well, just how did one? Did you miss it? Kree? Why didn't you come to my show in Chicago? Right? Yes, Cree, I have a reasonable or shady situation I want to share. My nephew, who's in eleventh grader, loves texting his mom about things going on at the school, especially since a few months after school started they had a shooter alert and were on lockdown inside the school. The school didn't email or contact the parents. Most parents had to find out from their kids. In this particular situation, my nephew texted his mom while he was in class, telling her that he overheard another student telling her friend about the sex she had with a security guard who works at the school. Say what, so her nephew, Yeah, was in class and he overheard another student telling her friend that she had sex with a security guard who works at the school. What is this high school? Yeah, eleventh grade? How old are you? Eleventh grade? So, oh, sixteen seventeen? Okay, right, yeah, like sixteen seventeen okay, which I was some minors. Okay, go ahead, We're seventeen having a sexteen seventeen with adults? Okay, great, lovely? Yeah right, insane, but go yes. So, so he told his mom about this, So, she says, my sister spoke with the school about it, but I'm unsure if they started an investigation. Update on that is pending. I want to know, was it it was it reasonable or shady for my nephew to be listening in on other people's conversations. Yes, it's very reasonable, right, yes, and thank god? Right? Okay, she said. I happen to think in this case it was reasonable for him to tell his mom because the whole situation should not happen. No, security guards should not be approaching young girls. Unfortunately, this school is a bad history of hiring male staff that flirt with the girls. What what is what? Where is this? Where town is this? This is terrible. When I attended the school, there was a gym teacher who had an inappropriate relationship with the girls, and a few years ago he finally got in trouble and was arrested. Damn, I can't what town is this? Let's out there? I know? She right? Can you cree can you just write this back? We won't tell the people. Well, it must be in Chicago, because she says.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, Chicago's school system clean it up.
Speaker 1: Yes. By the way, speaking of Chicago, my parents were in Chicago recently and Carter my wise guy. That that was Corey. Carter's the wise guy. Corey is just crazy dramatic shading. Carter's the wise guy. He tells my mother while she's there, Gigi, are you going to, like, you know, go visit places in Chicago? You should go visit Oh Block? What's that? And she's like, oh, what's Oh Block. He's like, Oh, it's a really nice place. You need to just just go visit Oh Block. She's like she's like, okay, Oh Block, Okay, I'll visit Okay. Oh Block is like the projects, it's like, like, what, like it's like the hood.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like wait, is there like a restaurant there? No, we're just walking up and down the street on OH Block.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, he's like just telling her to go. How does Carter know about oh Block? TikTok TikTok TikTok be messing us all up? But he said, if you go to the Google reviews, there are Google reviews for oh Block and read them, They're like the funniest thing. What did they say? Because the people are like, Oh Block is the most beautiful neighborhood ever. Everyone is so pleasant, and I do the crime rate is through the room. Yes, what in the world is so crazy? But I'm like, Carter, you're really trying to set my mother up. Yes, that for damn sure, Jack and O Block? He damn sure did okay? Moving on okay, because she really was like, okay, Oh Block, all right, I'm write that down. I'm going Gladys. So we listened to these kids, yes, okay, So anyway, yes, she said, so the school has gone down. She's blaming the new administration. They're doing a terrible job. But she would like to know if we think it's reasonable shady for him to think.
Speaker 2: We said, this is how this was not only reasonable, but it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, it is apply the right thing to do. Right. It's like, you know, okay, he's not He could have been just minding his business or whatever. But no, you don't want that type of staff at a school that is having sex with the No. No, no, all of that is so wrong. And he doesn't have to. I mean, you know, if it's for the sake of the girl and not getting her in trouble, Like, he doesn't have to tell who the girl was, but I guess in order for them to investigate, they need to know. Yeah, so maybe he could just anonymously do it, but no, that's disgusting.
Speaker 2: So Grace was at her school recently and she had to go to an assembly about stuff and this woman comes out and she's like telling saying dudes and don'ts of the school and then saying like, you know, if you getting a D in that class and you think sleeping with your teacher is gonna get you an.
Speaker 1: A, Oh my god, I just want to let you know right now. That was what she went for it.
Speaker 2: She was like, I just want you know right now that that is not nothing that we condone at this school. But I mean, you know, do whatever you need to do to get your A. Like it was crazy. Race was undone.
Speaker 1: She was discussion this is a mess, and she's calling me like, ma, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: And then they started talking about she was like, oh. The lady was like, I hear it all every day, y'all be coming into my office. Each lady was wild.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. She's like, I don't want to hear it. I'm telling you right now, if you're getting a D in your class, you might well just be getting a D. But if you do something with your teacher, like that's on you. Like oh, I said what what? Anyway?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is from mod Page. Good morning to my favorite powerful podcasters. By the way, shout out to every time I turn around there's another podcast being announced, and I just want to say, like, you know, congratulations, who are you?
Speaker 1: Was that specific anyone? It was?
Speaker 2: I know, it's like there's so many, but like I just was, like, people announce like podcasts like all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just I want to tell them like it's not easy, right, right, It's not easy, but we make it look very easy. We do make guess because we are powerful podcasters, as Mad said, okay, her favorite. So, I have been a fan of the podcast, both the podcasts and r HLP since day one, and I'm listening to your podcast, Neppo baby, and I must tell you the Shirley Temple seven Up will hurt your feelings because it is, in my personal opinion, it does. Oh, it does not deliver. It does not, I thought, she said, hurt your feelings like it's gonna be good. God's gonna be slapping my mama.
Speaker 2: Okay, she said she was disappointed, highly disappointed, right after anxiously awaiting the release of the drink. My suggestion is to stock up on grenadine and ice, cold sprite or seven up, so basically make your own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. I'm not surprised by that, you know, Okay. So Texas Road House rolls Bayby Okay, baby, isn't it all caps? Okay? It's Bay Bay Bee.
Speaker 2: These are so good that they will snatch your soul and you will host the Chicana Glory. We're best friends right now because you talk about the Chicana Glory.
Speaker 1: Honey.
Speaker 2: If you know, you know, and you can get the actual Texas Roadhouse, butter at Walmart at least here in Tennessee. Okay, I love both the podcasts. I love you both, and the podcast is part of my weekly saving grace. Much love to you both and continued success mod page.
Speaker 1: Oh I love her. Yes, I told you those rolls were the shit, and I said I was gonna have some for you. I'll have them next time you have a next time. Yes, I don't believe you. You know, it's so crazy. I was good, can't you have them delivered or something? But no, not Texas Roadhouse. At least they're not on door dash. Oh, they're not on door dash.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, by the way, and I'm not necessarily like a Bethany Frankel fan. Cal calls me and he was like, just so I watched Bethany and I gotta get that cake.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, what cake. He was like, it's this some cake she had or whatever. He was like, just go to her page.
Speaker 2: So I went to her page and I saw the video of the cake and I probably would get it because it's like, I'm a sucker for desserts.
Speaker 1: But like three or four posts before that, she started talking about caviar butter. Oh what I ordered like three cart and it's like a little ten of it that day. Really I did. It was good. It's amazing. Really.
Speaker 2: She gets this like English muffin and she you know, Bethany's real dramatic.
Speaker 1: So she gets this English muffin. She toasted up. She was like, oh my gosh, oh my god. She starts putting all the stuff on the English muffin and she's like acting real dramatic with it, and she was like, this is my breakfast for life, my breakfast for life. And I'm like, it's not my breakfast for life. But yeah, but it's good. Okay, it's great. But what is the cake? The cake is special about it? I think it's just like it's light and it's fluffy. Go to our agency and it's it's cheap. It's a cheap cake. It's like forty dollars place around here.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I think I'm gonna go. I want to go to their bakery. It's an Asian cake. It's like as an Asian Chinese cake from a Chinese bakery. Okay, so oh look at it all right, So this is.
Speaker 1: From Carmen James.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all all this, Well, Giselle, sounds like you were in Tallahassee during homecoming.
Speaker 1: I was not. How was homecoming experience this year?
Speaker 2: As an Alabama as an alumni of fam you homecoming is my favorite time of year. So I was not at famuse homecoming this year because I was there last year and I'm still tired from going last year.
Speaker 1: That thing wore me out, and I'm glad that.
Speaker 2: Like like last year when Grace was a freshman, she was so like excited about the homecoming and she wanted to do everything and she was like kind of anxious about it a little bit. But like this year homecoming, she was like, I didn't have to go to all the parties like I picked and hues, So I'm gonna go next year.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah nice, So she won't.
Speaker 2: Oh by the way, I went down there after homecoming because it was her birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh it was so cute. So it was.
Speaker 2: Grace's birthday and I got all these balloons and so she was like, you know, just meet me at my dorm after class, and I was like, where's your class?
Speaker 1: And she sent me a pen of where her class was. I was like standing outside the door holding all the blues for her to come out, so that's cute.
Speaker 2: She straight ignored me, like she was just like mom, like because everyone's coming out of her class and I was just like standing there like happy birthday. So but now every day she calls me when she's walking past that area.
Speaker 1: She's like, Mom, this is where you were. Oh. I know she loves me. So sometimes we gotta be we gotta be foolish, right, And it's so funny. They like they have to like play it so cool in front of their friends and then they'll be like, oh, remember, yeah, it was very cute, all right.
Speaker 2: So then Karmen says, Robin the Rizzy the Rise are wise the Rise Mushroom coffee is nasty, but it tastes better with a good coffee creamer.
Speaker 1: It's no helping it, but okay, I add French vanilla or a flavored creamer to make it palatable. If y'all don't want the coffee, send it to me. Done. I drink it.
Speaker 2: Daily because I really it really helps my inflammation and digestion. Also, Robin, take Chiselle, Oh to Texas row House. Everybody loves that for the full experience and being able to throw down on the peanut shells on the floor.
Speaker 1: This peanuts. Oh yeah, yeah, they give you like peanuts. If you go eat there, they'll give you peanuts at your table and you just throw the shells on the floor. So if you have a peanut allergy, don't don't go to Texas Roadhouse. No.
Speaker 2: So this lady lives in Florida. Okay, Oh, she gave her address for you to send a call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it will be on the way. I only I love, I love y'all. I don't know why we have two bags, two unopened bags. I think I threw like three bags away.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, but Karmen, you're gonna get yours. I'm gonna personally yes, okay.
Speaker 1: So, so the rolls come with cinnamon honey butter, cinnamon butter. It is this cinnamon honey. Yeah, so I can I actually have some butter that I can give you share with you.
Speaker 2: Well, right now I'm on my caveard butter hard. Okay, yeah, okay, but what butter would you give me?
Speaker 1: So I have some because we save it because we say we like order like.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want your butter, I want my butter hard.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, no, yes, it's like and it's like whipped. Oh that's nice. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna I'm gonna take the girls. Where is there one? No, you go the one in Columbia. Yeah. Yeah, I'll go to that one. Okay, So should I sit down in there? I mean, if you're gonna, I mean, you don't live near Columbia, so so Ry might as well sit. There's anything else on the menu? Good? It's like ribs, you know, wings? Yeah, it's not like I mean they might they have like salmon, they have like shrimp, okay, but no, like the mint. The food itself is it's it's okay, but it's not like an extensive menu. Okay, I'm just going to get the rolls. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Charlie Gray wrote us and said, oh this is okay, this is for you. I think Robin High Ladies love you both, especially Robin because I consider her to I consider her one third of my spirit animal.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, one third.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that means, because you're not an animal, but you're hers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, okay, one third. Okay. So I'm in school for aesthetics, is that right? Aesthetics?
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, okay, and we were learning about what the bristles of different makeup brush are made up. This is getting exciting. Okay, Okay, So my instructor read of red off sable and everyone was like, what is that? And I profoundly said, it's a horse because I heard her on the podcast last week laughing my ass off. And when the instructor pulled me up, lo and behold, it was a weasel.
Speaker 1: If she was.
Speaker 2: Listening to the podcast, she should have heard that we said it was part of the weasel family. She had totally forgot about that part. When you guys looked it up and found out that it wasn't a horse, it's a weasel. Super shady of me, lo ol with love, Charlotte. Okay, that was I love that because that means that she actually did listen, right, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And and but a sable should be a horse.
Speaker 1: Sounds crazy. And then and it looks like a horse kind of it looks like a donkey okay, right, or like a boar.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when we did that show and we were out and we camped out.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, now it looks different. Okay, this is all They're cute. Oh, they're super cute. Yea, I took that okay, yeah, and I could see where they're why their hair would be in a makeup brush. Yes, but see then you have a see what is this thing that is.
Speaker 2: Like a like a antler?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it says, A sable antelope and a sable antelope. Okay, got it? Okay, So I wouldn't like you can you get a pet table? Probably not?
Speaker 2: Do you remember when we did that show and we had to and we had to sleep out in the in the wood. Yes, okay, so remember those animals that were outside of our tent?
Speaker 1: Yes? What was that called a boy? Oh? No? No, no, no, oh that was a buffalo. They were buffalo. They were buffalo. Okay. So yeah, we years ago just had to be what five years ago? No, probably wait more than that. Yeah, it was a while ago. Yeah, it was probably like after season two ish, right maybe maybe? Yeah, I went into three. Yeah. So we filmed a pilot for a show that Bravo actually picked up but then never aired. Right, well, they picked it up, but they never they announced that they picked it up. But then nothing ever happened, I thing ever happened. Well, they announced that it was in development or something. Yeah. Yeah, yeah. So the show was hosted by Dhani Jones, who we love, Yes, who's like an ex former football player, but he's like a real outdoorsy travel guy. He's been on some TV shows and stuff, and it was pretty much taking like celebrities and putting them in like the wild.
Speaker 2: Yes, Robin and I were celebrities and we were in the wild. Yeah, but they lied to us because we asked prior to well, I asked, I don't know about you, prior to going, like they were like, oh, we're gonna be glamping, right, they told us we're gonna be glamping.
Speaker 1: Glamping I think means you're in a four by four.
Speaker 2: Building, like a cabin, a cabin, you have a roof, you have the whole thing. Yeah, you have a bathroom, yes, plumbing. So they put us on this boat. Like the intro was like we were on this boat and they were like okay, and then we're gonna We're gonna. The boat is gonna The boat was like a yacht. We were like on this yes, and me and Rob were ranking champagne and we're living our best slack. And then they're like, okay, we're here, but we're here was We're in the middle of the water.
Speaker 1: So we're like, no, we're not here, Like we're bitches. Do you better take us a dry land?
Speaker 2: Our hair is done, we're looking cute, and so Dohani appears out of nowhere and he's like, all right, ladies, we're going ashore and we're like what does that mean?
Speaker 1: And they he's like, We've got us swim and I'm like what, I can't even In fact, they we're just now talking about this crazy well because like we couldn't talk about it for a while because they were like developing the show and it was gonna air. One day we thought it was gonna.
Speaker 2: Air and I mentally scraped it from my mind, okay, because I was undone. So so we had to jump into the wild waters, yes, and swim to swim to short with Tahani.
Speaker 1: Did how did that go? I think I like panicked or something? Did you? I don't know? Or maybe he put us on on a little canoe. It wasn't, okay, it wasn't. We weren't like super far away from the shore, so it wasn't we were far. We were thirteen fourteen feet, didn't they They gave us like a swim They gave us swim caps, y, so we put on our rubber swim caps. You might have been freaking out, Maybe I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I was freaked out because the length that these producers went to lie to us. Oh, We've been listened rob and I've been lied to by producers like that's what they do.
Speaker 1: But these were like huge lines, right, These weren't little lines, right, We weren't for We didn't know what Oh we were kidding. I was like, oh, f no, if I say f no to a producer, it's I'm getting to kiss us. Yes. And so we filmed it in It was an island off a Catalina island, Yes, beautiful, Yes, off of California. So it's like you had to like fly into La and then take like a two hour faerry I think, I think so to our fairry to this Catalina island. And apparently they filmed a movie years ago, like in the nineteen early whatever fifties or whatever, okay, and they flew in some buffalo they put buffalo there, yes, for the movie, for the movie. And so now like the whole island is like full of buffalo, yes, like real huge buffalos. Buffaloes. So that night they told us we weren't quote glamping, they were pitching a tent. Yes, and actually I think they wanted us to put the ten up, yeah, which we didn't because we don't know how. So so we had to like eat outside. We had to do the campfire. We're cooking the food by the campfire. Yeah. We had to sleep in a tent. Yes, we literally in the tent. Yes, in the tent. What was the bathroom, I have the bathroom was out house. Yeah, so the bathroom's out house. I know that I held everything, I think. Yeah, yeah, I mean I think, I mean I had to pee. Yeah, we had to pee, but but there was like number two no, hell no, and there was really like no, did we brush our teeth? There was maybe? Yeah, it was all It was crazy wild, It was crazy. I remember that night like or maybe like that.
Speaker 2: We were about to go to bed or whatever and and Dohani, we like dared to Honey to like take off all his clothes and run around naked, and he did, but we didn't see his penis.
Speaker 1: He like ran right. We just said we saw his buns. Yes, it's like screaming something. I don't remember like, yeah, we had we had like the.
Speaker 2: We had like a little campfire, we had our littlemores, and and then we somewhere in there we dared him to run around naked and he did, and then we all went to bed. So then we wake up in the morning and there's the buffalo out.
Speaker 1: Right outside the tent. We were like we gonna die. Yes, yes, we could have been eaten by buffalo. By the way, I don't think I slept. I don't think we really slept, because it's like, how do we sleep in the middle, Like I've never been camping before, and so it was like it was pretty scary for me. That was terrifying. Yeah, oh no, it was very bad because there are animals, I mean, and we could hear the animals outside of our tests like cool cool, cool, cool all night all night.
Speaker 2: So then we get up early and then oh this was the last one, not least. Remember we had to go ziplining.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, yes, So then they climbed them mountain.
Speaker 2: We climbed them out, and they were like, okay, you know, in order for us to get down the mountain, we have to zipline down. And I was like, hell, no, I'm not doing it and they guy, remember the guy didn't want to tell us. The producer didn't want to tell us.
Speaker 1: He was pacing, like the producer. I wish I knew who this producer was.
Speaker 2: He was pacing walking around in circles because he had to like muster up all the energy to tell me and Robin, we had you zipper ride down this mount that we did not want to do. It was terrible and for us to have gone through all that and that ship did not air, I'm pissed.
Speaker 1: I know that was like what we did, all of that, I mean all of it, all of that, and you never saw it.
Speaker 2: Y'all didn't see the light of day of it. But shout out to Dohani. He was like such a he was like a fun person to do that with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was fun. And it's like disappointing that the show never happened.
Speaker 2: I wonder, you know, like even for him, right, Yeah, he would have been great at it.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we'll have to share some pictures. I still have pictures, Yeah, I'm sure I have. Yeah, So we'll share some pictures on on the Instagram page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was that was a mess, but it was it was a mess in a good way. So like now, oh people have people used to write us all the time and be like, oh you and Robin need to have like a camping not a camping show, like a travel travel show. I feel like we did all of that. Y'all just didn't see it, but we did it. Okay, this is our last one. This is from Jesus Jesse.
Speaker 1: What does this saying? So that his name says Hey Suss, but I guess he calls himself Jesse. Okay, sand of all that last name. Yeah, okay, we're a sand of all these days. I don't know. I mean you'll see him on Traders? Oh that? Do we know when that comes out? January ninth? Oh? It does? Huh? Okay, I'm so scared. I didn't is this? Has this been announced? Yeah? How did I miss that? He announced that Alan Cumming was on the Today Show and he announced that it was coming on January ninth.
Speaker 2: That's a Thursday. I'm telling you that. Yeah, I do know that because I'm doing something else January ninth. So did they drop everything?
Speaker 1: Well? I don't know. I remember the last season they dropped three episodes. Okay, the like first and you know the first whatever, the first week it was three episodes, and I can't wait another week to get the next.
Speaker 2: Okay, congratulations, Yes, this is exciting. Robin is going to be on Peacock Traitors changing her life away.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm excited about that. Yeah, I'm excited. I mean I.
Speaker 2: Was thinking about it earlier today because I was thinking I was hoping actually that it would air when Love Hotel was airing, but probably not.
Speaker 1: I think we're after that. Oh really yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, Hey, Robin and O. This is from this from Jesse Sandoval. Just wanted to send a message to say hello to the gebs. Y'all are amazing. I've been listening to Reason Me Shady since episode one. I worked twelve hour night shifts.
Speaker 1: Whoo, so I start the whole podcast over sometimes when I'm all caught up. That's cool, right, So you listen to it several times? Yeah? A lot of people say that, really, yes, Okay, they say they go They're like they have no more to listen to, and they go back and then listen over. Does that count tours our downloads? Yeah? But it's so crazy because like four years you're listening to the stuff we said four years ago, Like wow, wow, all.
Speaker 2: Right, listening to the pod really helps when I get in one of my dark spells and with the long nights, especially laughing with y'all and the topics y'all talk about, because who can't.
Speaker 1: Help but smile and laugh when the pod comes on.
Speaker 2: Wanted to tell y'all you are doing a great job and we love you in at x's what's.
Speaker 1: ATX Austin Texas? Austin, Texas?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, we missed y'all when Rhop came to. Oh we met, Oh it is Texas, miss y'all when Rhop came down. But hope to see you again. Also, as per episode one, FI, not everyone has seen Game of Thrones because I haven't yet.
Speaker 1: Did you ever finished? Yea, no, No, I never finished. I think I tried to pick. I think I watched like two episodes in season three and then I was like tapped out.
Speaker 2: Okay, wanted to see if I could get a birthday shout out? This is it right now? Want to see if I can get a birthday shout out. It's on Tuesday, December.
Speaker 1: Third, Okay, so it's tomorrow, Oh yes, tomorrow, just in time. Yes, Jesse Zandaval Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: I've messages I'll tell her happy birthday, but she probably overlooked it because I know them dusty people on Instagram be doing too much sometimes, Okay.
Speaker 1: Just know screw them. Y'all are amazing and doing a great job. Love y'all from Texas. Thank you, Jesse, So Jesse, Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday do you bee? Jesse? Oh my gosh, that was incredible. That was amazing. Why don't we have a record deal? That's next. It's called me Reasonably Shady. Get your life, get your live all right. We're out of here. Guys.
Speaker 2: We love y'all so much. I ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or shaggy. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.