Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty, I'm strong and getty, and he I'm strong and yetty.
Speaker 3: We'll take your musty million and musty moscow rights to the moon because if you don't, we're gonna stand up.
Speaker 4: We're gonna speak up, We're gonna mark, We're gonna do anything we need to do to make sure that the people of this country understand that the SAP is for them. You get your mustard hands over the money.
Speaker 2: I put a mouthtown muster moon, what well, where to begin?
Speaker 5: First of all, that's countressman Manual Cleaver pretending to be some sort of civil rights hero while shouting about Elon Musk and concluding with get your musty hands off our money.
Speaker 2: You musty moo moo move.
Speaker 6: Had a bit of a drunk, had a bit of a James Brown thing going there.
Speaker 5: Yesterday when the Democrats were just yelling f Trump and we declared that was the bottom of the barrel of political communication, they bounce back with you musty moo moo moo. So apparently animal noises was what was in the bullpen. Okay, all right, and this guy gets elected.
Speaker 6: Wow, I'm gonna tell a story tomorrow. This is a tease for tomorrow before we move on here. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Today is Gallantine's Day, where apparently women get together for drinks or something go out to dinner themselves.
Speaker 2: And tomorrow's Valentine's Day.
Speaker 6: And I gotta get permission to tell this story, even though I will still try to make it vague, of a young girl who in grade school did not treat well classmate's Valentine's Day overtures that boy ended up in a life of crime, and she has always felt like it was her that day that sent him on his wayward. Who wow, god, oh man. There are more details that make it really funny, but I'll have to wait and see if I can sure those. So Randy Wingarten, we are talking about her yesterday. Coincidentally she she's still running the teacher's union or absolutely she is an actual evil human being, And don't mind, I have no problem saying that that is not hyperbole.
Speaker 2: She's evil.
Speaker 6: She she cares more about money than your kids learning, and unfortunately ended up in charge of teachers across the country.
Speaker 5: If she merely cared about money more than the kids. I could live with that. I guess she doesn't care about the kids at all. She doesn't care if they learn or not, if they're miserable or not, if they're set back and will never recover or not.
Speaker 2: She doesn't give a single s about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's she's the one that brought you school closed downs and all that sort of stuff. Anyway, here's her talking about Trump and Elon's attempt this week to go after the Department of Education.
Speaker 7: What is now coming down the pipe in this aura of efficiency.
Speaker 2: It's not efficiency, it's a viseration.
Speaker 7: It is an attempt to take the funding and take the rights away from each.
Speaker 2: And every child.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she is more than happy to use these souls of your children as some sort of righteous bargaining chip when she'd willingly crush them for another dollar for her union members.
Speaker 6: Here's Trump making his argument for why we should do apartment away with the Department of Education a close.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'd like it to be closed immediately. Look, the Department of Education's a big conjab. We're ranked so they ranked the top forty countries in the world.
Speaker 2: We're ranked number fortieth.
Speaker 8: But We're ranked number one in one department costs per pupil, so we spend more for pupil than any other country in the world.
Speaker 2: But we're ranked number forty.
Speaker 8: We've been between thirty eight and forty. The last time I looked at was thirty eight, and then I looked two days ago it came out the new list. It came out at number forty. So we're ranked forty. Norway, Denmark, Sweden. I hate to say it. China, as big as it is, it's ranked in the top five, and that's our that's a primary competitor.
Speaker 2: We're ranked number forty.
Speaker 8: So if we're ranked number forty, that means something's really wrong.
Speaker 6: I would agree, and I would like to hear anybody I know. I brought this up last week. We'll say it again since nineteen seventy Somebody, if you're listening right now, and maybe you don't listen to this show, if you have this point of view, because we've annoyed you so much over the years with our point of view. But if you're of the point of view that no, the department education is very necessary and the public school system is not a disaster, please explain to me why since nineteen seventy, students have increased by eight percent, but non teaching staff has increased by one hundred and thirty eight percent. Why somebody, Have you heard anybody make the argument, why, oh, that's completely necessary, And here's why I haven't.
Speaker 2: No, no, never, absolutely not.
Speaker 5: The only thing that I will occasionally get is people will say, the federal requirements for record keeping and compliance and all are so onerous. We have an entire department filling out government forms. That probably explains.
Speaker 2: Part of it.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, that that might be the explanation, but the explanation The answer then is, well, then you've got to get rid of all the freaking forms.
Speaker 2: So you can also get rid of the people with you, not against you.
Speaker 6: The students have increased by eight percent since nineteen seventy, teaching staff by sixty percent, total staff eighty four percent, But if you take the teachers out of that total staff increase, it's one hundred and thirty eight percent non teaching staff increase. You got so many people bumping around into school in offices doing stuff that nobody did ten years ago or twenty years ago. Were sure as how forty years ago, and everything seemed to be fine, right, Well, and in the last ten years or so, a lot of it's been DEI departments. I was just I just saw the number Trump has with a stroke of a pen canceled one hundred million dollars. I think it is of DEI funding for local educational programs, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: One hundred million dollars being squandered on that garbage.
Speaker 6: I thought it was more than that. I had the numbers. But anyway, your point being.
Speaker 5: Well, that may just be you know, one particular line item. I mean, when you get into what the universities themselves are spending, never mind the directly federal funded stuff.
Speaker 2: It's the numbers are are mind blowing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but again I usually know what the argument on the other side is on a lot of big issues because I watch enough MSNBC or listen NPR, whatever, But I haven't heard the argument for why you need many multiples more people in your schools just doing something in an office.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, government education has become, like so many government agencies and programs, just this giant unwe wield the ungovernable self governing colossus. And as Elon Musk is pointing out so eloquently, yesterday and we replayed one of the pieces of audio today. If the bureaucracy is not accountable to the elected representatives, it has truly become a fourth branch of government, and it is not democratically influenced. You've lost a significant chunk of your democracy. If the government schools do what they want to do, and they're going to keep doing it and you get you don't get a say, that's a terrible, terrible way to be.
Speaker 6: So they're voting currently on RFK Junior as Health and Human Health and Human Secretary HHS Secretary, and he's supposed to pass, although McConnell is voted against. But I'll bet it's going to be the same as Tulca Gabbart, all the Republicans for, all the Democrats against all the Republicans. But it's McConnell for and he'll pass. And then patel Cash Pateel, the FBI director. He has gotten out of that committee vote just now and he'll get the full floor vote tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So it looks like.
Speaker 6: Everybody but Matt Gates that Trump initially wanted is going to get through. Yes, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: I'm a little surprised, but we'll see how it goes. And you know, as important as some of that stuff is, I almost think it's a distraction from some of the bigger issues that we have, like we've been talking about absolutely. I mean, I came across a fabulous piece by Tony woodleyf who's a political writer, and he's talking about some of the slashing of grants and payments and the rest of it that's caused such angst and caused the people to gather in DC and sing that idiotic Union tune yesterday Side.
Speaker 6: Are You.
Speaker 5: Side?
Speaker 2: Are you fun? In the cords? And I was just bellowing it out in my bed.
Speaker 5: We had not set that up in a as friends, and as I was saying those words, half of me was hoping Michael had it.
Speaker 2: Handy, and half of me was afraid he had it handy.
Speaker 5: Anyway, it turns out that's like an old Union song from back in the day, and they're trying to revive it with idiotic new lyrics.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so all.
Speaker 5: Of that angst about how dare they cancel payments and cut back in Nylon musk and doge is unelected and scary, and it's going to ruin America in nineteen ninety three, the average state counted on federal agencies for twenty three percent of its revenue, which is a little odd. As I often say, your state like sends all that money to DC, then begs for it back and under a quarter but nearly a quarter of its budget is the largesse of our federal overlords.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was in nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 5: Last year, this average reached thirty nine percent, with two states Alaska Louisiana, dependent on.
Speaker 2: For half of their funds.
Speaker 5: And there are many state leaders who present themselves as conservatives who despise federal bloat. It might be hard to blame them for taking all that free money if not for the fact that anyone who pays more than rudimentary attention to the mechanics of federal grants knows that this money is neither free nor is it reliable. And we could certainly get into I don't think it's necessary, but as that money is collected and processed in DC and then doled out again, it is a giant money laundering cash for micronies, phony green energy, fake grants to never do anything anti homeless coalition bull crap. It's a giant money laundering exercise and just send one hundred dollars to DC and if you get back ninety of it, it's only because they've drained twenty cents of it and borrowed another ten cents to at least keep you semi happy with the amount that you get back after you beg It is.
Speaker 2: A horrible system. It's indefensible.
Speaker 5: As Elon said about the idiot record keeping thing we described yesterday, literally anything would be better than this, all right, But you try to change it and reform it, people say, oh no, no.
Speaker 2: That might be changed. Yikes. I'm excited.
Speaker 6: I think it's this Sunday night, that Saturday Night Lives having their big anniversary show, the fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I remember when they want to see the documentary about all the music that Questlove of.
Speaker 6: I saw the promos that looked pretty fantastic. Other I remember SNL's fortieth anniversary show was spectacular. God, I thought that was so entertaining. How about I watched that four times, kept that on my TVR. They're at the big fiftieth anniversary. But anyway, USA Today put out a list of the twenty greatest Greatest SNL cast members all time, maybe I'll run through that at some point, see if you agree not.
Speaker 2: Among other things, we'll get to today.
Speaker 6: Stay here.
Speaker 2: I can see this.
Speaker 6: In his said a found that taking ozempi could lead to vision problems.
Speaker 2: How cruel you finally lose weight, now you're seeing double. When they heard the.
Speaker 8: Alternative to ozempic is exercise, people were just like, well, just.
Speaker 6: How blind are we talking to you?
Speaker 5: You know that second part was darkly hilarious. Ye, the first part I just thought.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't make a joke about that.
Speaker 6: No, but the second part is pretty accurate. Yeah, you could either exercise to lose weight or take this fifty percent change you go blind. Em So I need to see that bad Duman Jimmy fallon there. Who got his start on Saturday Night Live like Seth Myers did?
Speaker 2: Who's on the other show?
Speaker 6: Lots of people have it was, it says here in the USA today Saturday Night Live, which is having its fiftieth season. It started in nineteen seventy five, before many of you were born. The years, alumni have gone on to become Oscar and Emmy winners, box office superstars, late night hosts, multi hyphenated producers, and even a US senator in the name of what's his name from Minnesota who grabbed.
Speaker 5: The woman Franklin Al Franken. Well, he didn't, actually, he pantomimed it and never should have resigned. But Democrats are wacky.
Speaker 6: There have been one hundred and sixty seven cast members, with the shortest one lasting a month, the longest lasting twenty two years in Keenan Thompson, who is still on the show. I haven't heard any explanation for why they've kept him on for twenty years twenty two. I mean, he's great, but there have been a lot of the funniest people who've ever lived. But there have been lots of really funny, great people that didn't stay that long. Maybe why, well, right, why is he there? Why hasn't he gone off to do movies or something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean because Saturday Night Live is famously on weeks that they're working tremendous amount of work.
Speaker 6: Right, and most people, most of the people become stars, they leave on their own because they're into the movie business or talk show or whatever. Or Lauren, because I've read a lot about this, Lauren gets rid of them because they're so distracted. I remember, like Chris Farley and David Spade. They're flying around making movies all the time, and it's like, Okay, you're too busy doing this to do my show, so you know, how about we get somebody else. Anyway. USA Today named the top thirty cast members of all time. I think they went out of their way to make a list that people would argue about, which is what most lists are, because I think it's wrong. And I've watched Sarah Live practically every episode over the entire fifty years. I am a Saturday Night Live devotee. Top ten of all time? Maya Rudolph. They have a ten who is absolutely hilarious and can make me laugh doing anything.
Speaker 2: Number nine, Dan Akroyd, Number eight Kate McKinnon.
Speaker 6: Wow, she should be hired in eight. But you think I would think number I don't know, she's hilarious. Number seven Chris Farley, Number six, Amy Polar Number five. Boy, I don't know he five's high, but he might need to be Top two. Will Ferrell, Will Ferrell. I remember hearing Tina Fay say one time, like some of the big people at like Adam Sandler, left and she thought, who's Will Ferrell? And then she said, oh, I realize he's the greatest sketch comedy artist of all time, which.
Speaker 2: He might be. Wow.
Speaker 6: Number four, John Belushi, Number three, Gilda Radner too high for me. I like her, but number three, number two, Phil Hartman, number one, Wow, number one. They have Eddie Murphy. I think Kristen Wig is a top fiver personally, but man, there's a lot of choices. Dana Carvey, Andy Sandberg, Fred Armison, Adam Sandler. Obviously I'll be watching Sunday Night. Their fortieth anniversary special was fantastic and hilarious. They brought back all the cast members. It was really really good.
Speaker 5: Phil Hartman, no matter how hot the kokehead babe is who comes on to you, it's a bad idea.
Speaker 6: No kidding. We now have a trans sanctuary city. Some of the arguments from the city council meeting coming up, Armstrong and Getty. One thing we were hoping would come out of COVID was people getting more involved in city, county elections, school board, that sort of stuff. I don't know if that's happened, but when we realized how much power those people have in an.
Speaker 5: Emergency and what perverse things they were doing, Yeah.
Speaker 6: This might be partially that we'll start here. We're going to get to the trans sanctuary city of Wooster Mass and the city council meeting they had last night. First, we'll start with the New York school board meeting, which descended into chaos over LGBTQIA plus books that showed up in the law library and parents got outraged. Parents took over a school board meaning this week, demanding to know why their elementary school children were exposed to this book that included depictions of naked people in bondage enthusiasts. We've heard this kind of story from all around the country. This is the classic. We put a book in there because we're sick, a weird pedophile something or others.
Speaker 2: More on that later.
Speaker 6: I don't even understand what you're trying to do, you creepos, but we put the book in the library, and then when you demand it be taken out, we call you sensors or book banners or something, right, because we tried to ban porn from little children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, grooms.
Speaker 6: A large and animated crowd of parents gathered in a Monroe County auditorium on Tuesday and voice their concerns of the superintendent and school board about their young children having access to the book The Rainbow Parade, a celebration of lgbtqia plus identities and allies. Just this sort of book you need to have in your library when all across the country kids aren't reading at proficiency level.
Speaker 2: This is what we're focused on.
Speaker 6: The controversial book tells the story of a young girl and her two mothers attending an LGBT parade and follows a child who's exploring their quoting from the book here gender identity. The book's lesson for kids is to break down stereotypes and embrace diversity. The Rainbow Parade the book the name of the book, includes depictions of a naked person shown from behind, furries, a gay couple outfitted in leather, BDSM, bondage, domination, sado masochism, attire. Students that were shown the book were in grades one through five, meaning they're roughly ages five to eleven.
Speaker 5: Lord showing sexualized material to little kids has had only one other explanation through human history. You're grooming them for sexual abuse.
Speaker 6: So a whole bunch of outraged parents showed up good and the superintendent, Tasha Potter, had to end the school board meeting without hearing any more complaints or any voting, because it got she said, it got too chaotic. I think it was just they didn't like the politics of the people that were there. I've been involved in this sort of thing before. A lot of it is who can mask the people. That's a lot of it. And like I live in a college town, and college kids don't have jobs and don't have to get up so they can show up to these city council meetings. If there's a big conversation happening on and happening and overwhelm the tax paying parents who have to get up in the morning and take their kids to school.
Speaker 2: And then if it's not.
Speaker 6: If the crowd isn't the right direction, you can call it off. It's too chaotic, bring it back next Tuesday, and maybe the parents don't show up and the activists do, and then you know, that's the way it works a lot. Anyway, this particular school board and meeting. We are here at our board meeting, conducting our business, the superintendent said to parents who were trying to get the word in edgewise, who then booed loudly, it's our board meeting. Said one parent, We pay you, another male parent shouted as the booze rained down. The school officials called the meeting do a close without officially here any public comments. They're just leaving one parent filming the event set in disbelief. So it never really got off the ground on that one, yep, because they just hide. They didn't like the politics of the people that showed up to the meeting. So they'll they'll have their next meeting, maybe not announce it, but this sort of thing happens too. Maybe announce it last minute, or they'll get the word out to the people on their side anyway that we're having a meeting today at four, but not to the people that are going to be loud. And you know, it's really frustrating if you've ever been involved in this sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they know what they're doing.
Speaker 5: They know they can't stand up to scrutiny, so they find every way they can to eliminate scrutiny.
Speaker 6: The opposite was happening in Wooster, mass where apparently their city council loves the idea of being I think the first trans sanctuary city in America, or the first of its size, or the first of the East Coast or something like that.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 6: They're very proud of being a trans sanctuary city, and they were digging a lot of the commentary from the pro trans crowd that showed up. But we're just gonna play a little montage here, and then in our One More Thing podcast, we're going to play a really long segment because it is so entertaining. I watched it last night and I was like, we got to play this whole thing in our podcast because it's just too dang good. You can't believe there's that many people in a fairly small town, in this community that would show up.
Speaker 2: And speak their mind.
Speaker 5: You have somebody, Well, yeah, I was gonna say, I don't doubt for a second how entertaining it is.
Speaker 2: I'll ruin it afterward.
Speaker 6: Oh that's what I do. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: I need the city to protect me because the federal government won't.
Speaker 2: And if you think you're afraid of Trump, you.
Speaker 1: Should see how afraid of Trump I am. You better prepare for trans people to make this a very unsafe space.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be here. I'm sorry, am I taking too long pleating for my life?
Speaker 9: I speak as both the b and the t in the LGBT.
Speaker 10: I don't want to spend an hour applying glitter on my face so that you will hear and see me.
Speaker 11: Let us remember that the Nazis burned the books, that the Nazis burned books on gender sciences first. Now the administration has villainized and modinalized migrant workers, trans lg LGBT people.
Speaker 9: I speak as someone who is always misgendered, like all the time people refer to me as sir, when I prefer to be referred to as man.
Speaker 6: My name is Katie.
Speaker 11: Right now, in our country, Trump is threatening the trans and gender diverse community.
Speaker 2: Noticing people here are trying to control the rights of others, and that's not right. We should make westro sanctuary city for trans people. Everybody deserves to feel safe, and everybody needs to feel safe. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The worst part being the little kid there standing with his mom who was holding the script in front of him so he could read that at the microphone, obviously having not the slightest idea the context or what he was talking about. By the way, the guy who say who said I get misgendered every day and I prefer to be called ma' I mean, is like not transitioning yet apparently, or maybe he's not planning to, but he's just a dude and dude clothes. It's like, how can how can I be blamed for saying, sir, you're you're a guy dressed as a guy, look like a guy.
Speaker 2: What indication would I have?
Speaker 6: Am I supposed to ask everybody I meet?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I would be more entertained by all of it were this cult not in charge of America's schools to a large extent, any universities. I mean, that level of crazy is being taught to a lot of your children. Yet this saw This a text string from Kaylee Wliver her last name out of it. A few years ago, I infiltrated a support group of parents of quote unquote trans children. What I found they were mostly attention seeking women, eager to use their children as pawns in their own personal fight for relevance. As they say, a transgender child is like a vegan cat. We all know who's making the decisions. I feel zero guilt for exposing this child abuse.
Speaker 6: Vegan cat, Oh my god, Oh my god, that's straight out of portlandy and Fred Ormison my cat.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Well, and just to hit some of the quotes from this message board.
Speaker 6: I think it might have been in this that we'll play in the podcast One More Thing podcast, the long Montage. I think it was from this or I read it somewhere different. Yes, anyway, some mama said both of my kids are trans and I thought, okay, I'm okay, gotcha.
Speaker 2: That's Cynthia Nixon clip. Guys.
Speaker 5: If you could find that for the podcast, that would be great. But this message board, uh, this is my child. Mine is five. My child is five and a half, but new at age three. Mine is five as well, started started expressing her true self at just under two. Today she is socially transitioned. And they all congratulate for these two, three, four, five six year old children transitioning and being so brave and you're so brave and I love you so much or fully support blah blah blah, it's so obvious.
Speaker 2: What's happening? Good lord?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the person bellowing, I need to put glitter on my face just to be seen. It takes me an hour every day because born she now wants to be he, and the only way he can get people to recognize him is he is to put fake beard stuff on his face and how much work that is? What am I supposed to I don't know what I'm supposed to do about that.
Speaker 2: I had the treatment.
Speaker 6: But all this driven by is a couple of people referenced Trump becoming president, you got to be a trans sanctuary city. Now with Trump's anti trans hate coming into office.
Speaker 2: They're hurt.
Speaker 5: Those two little girls pretending to be boys. They're terrified that they'd be hunted down or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll play the beginning that one person what they said, played the beginning of that. Again.
Speaker 1: I need the city to protect me because the federal government won't. And if you think you're afraid of Trump, you should see how afraid of Trump I am.
Speaker 2: Right, that's been mislast.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you've been miss and terrorized by activist elders and.
Speaker 2: You think you're afraid of Trump.
Speaker 6: It's like the group I was in over the weekend I mentioned the other day where everybody kept talking everybody else about it.
Speaker 2: How are you holding up?
Speaker 6: Are you doing Okay? You're staying strong like we all just are terrified under Trump being pressent? Okay, whatever. I'm holding up fine, By the way, until I have to pay my taxes which are way too high, and then I won't be holding up so well here in about a month or so, open him.
Speaker 2: And that's something social contation and a cult.
Speaker 6: As I saw a number of people respond to the really long video, I watched the montage of the people there. How are there so many mentally ill people in one spot?
Speaker 2: I think it has.
Speaker 5: To do with the nature of social contagions, which I've read about a fair enough to be dangerous, as they say, but it's you know, the Salem witch trial is the classic example of it. As that caught on and people became more and more frantic, they actually thought they'd seen these things, or they were just so desperate to be part of the people who were getting all the attention that they repeated, you know, the same lies. And you know that there are all sorts of examples of it through history of people convincing themselves of.
Speaker 2: Just ridiculous, ridiculous things.
Speaker 5: The moment it's over, everybody's like that was crazy, that was really stupid. What was everybody thinking? But in the midst of the contagion, people just get feverish. It's a weird It's like it's a bug in the program of humankind that we really ought to work out. Yeah, Elon could get to work on that next. I find it fascinating to watch. I couldn't I don't know how long the thing was. I watched that we'll put in the podcast, but I couldn't stop watching. It was just like another one. Well there's another one there with this right whatever it is thing.
Speaker 6: Odd times you think you have any explanation for that through what's going on social contagent like Joe says or whatever. Text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 12: An extremely disturbing video circulated two months ago featuring a Biden EPA political appointee talking about how they were tossing gold bars off the Titanic, rushing to get billions of your tax dollars out the door before inauguration Day. The gold bars were tax dollars, and tossing them off the Titanic meant the Biden administration knew they were wasting it. Fortunately, my awesome team at EPA has found the.
Speaker 2: Gold bars.
Speaker 5: Debt, so Lee Zelden, who's now in charge of the EPA, is clawing back billions of dollars that were illegally inappropriately handed out in the last seconds of the Biden EPA.
Speaker 2: In fact, what the heck?
Speaker 5: I hadn't planned on it, but played the next clip, Michael, if you'd be so kind.
Speaker 12: Shockingly, roughly twenty billion of your tax dollars were parked at an outside financial institution by the Biden EPA. This scheme was the first of its kind in EPA history, and it was purposefully designed to obligate all of the money in a rush job with reduced oversight. Even further, this pot of twenty billion dollars was awarded to just eight entities that were then responsible for doling out your money to NGOs and others at their discretion with far less transparency.
Speaker 6: Somebody should be jailed for that.
Speaker 2: I know we're executed.
Speaker 5: The federal government is a giant honey laundering and redistributing fraud.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just nakedly theft.
Speaker 6: Who was I talking to the other day about this? I've fantasized about this before. If I could live my life over again, I don't think this would be as fun, but it'd be kind of interesting if I had dedicated myself to getting government money, figuring out where they're throwing money around, whether it's for a dam or a bullet train or a help the Homeless project or whatever, and you know, starting a nonprofit and just all the things you can do to get government money and made that my life because I think a lot of people do and they get really really wealthy, and you don't have to accomplish much.
Speaker 5: I think once you did the first one or two, you'd probably get pretty good at it. Yeah, you could, you know, adapt the scam really really quickly well, and certainly.
Speaker 6: You get in with the crowd that also does it, you become one of them. They'd be like, oh, yeah, Jack who runs the non off it homeless for bullet trains thing. Oh yeah, he's great, Send him some money.
Speaker 5: And yeah, yeah, exactly, and he'll turn out the vote if nothing else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we posited yesterday that political communication had gotten as low as it could when they were just saying F Trump, F Trump, these are Congress people. Then we had this humdinger, which is one of my favorite clips of the decade, perhaps sixty four, Michael Dlon's.
Speaker 3: Broth take your musket millions and must Mosca writes to the moon Because if you don't, we're gonna stand up.
Speaker 2: We're gonna speak up. We're gonna mart We.
Speaker 4: Gotta do anything we need to do to make sure that the people of.
Speaker 2: This country understand that the say is for them. You get some mustard hands, all the money I got a mouthtown. You must have moved the moon. You musty move o moo mooh okay.
Speaker 5: And that was over trying not to toss gold bars off the deck of the Titanic.
Speaker 2: How dare he and is?
Speaker 5: The conversation descends even further Clip thirty six. This is Congressman Robert Garcia of cal Unicornia.
Speaker 10: Carrowman Green literally showed a dick pic in our oversight congressional hearing, so I thought I'd bring one as well. Now, this, of course we know is President Elon Musk.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, I get its clever.
Speaker 5: Then Mara Gay was a member of the New York Times editorial board. I just clipped a little bit of this. She's talking to Chuck Schumer about how he's gonna fight like hell and beat Trump and stop this. Ess that's what we're doing, She writes. It was a welcome sign of life. For three weeks now, President Trump and the world's richest man have ransacked from within a democracy that took two hundred and fifty years to build.
Speaker 2: Who's saying this?
Speaker 5: Marra Gay of The New York Times edits top President Trump and the world's richest man of ransacked from within a democracy that took two hundred and fifty years to build, and then she mentions that the country faces the second crisis and opposition party that doesn't seem to know how to respond.
Speaker 2: Well, that part is true, right, different.
Speaker 6: Kinds of people, I guess, so wasting money, agencies that don't need to exist. That's not ransacking democracy or getting far away from the founding vision.
Speaker 2: But stopping it is stopping it is that's right. You musty moo moo moo.
Speaker 6: And I think they actually believe it because they just believe in government in a way that I don't get.
Speaker 5: But I think they're believers believe in it. I think those people are absolute crooks. They just understand that they're scam depends on them making these fake moral civil rights arguments whatever that means.
Speaker 2: So is your sister, Oh, your sister.
Speaker 6: We do four hours of this every day, which is plenty. If you don't get every segment every hour, look for the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Armstrong and getty m hm