Speaker 1: Welcome boss, the territory, ladies and gentlemen. Unfortunately, the Red Sox could not pull off the sweep here today of the Diamondbacks. Final score, Dbacks wins seven to six, record falls to sixty eight and fifty nine, and once again they fall below five home shot at home. Man, I was really hoping they could get over that five mark here today, but we still got some season left to get that done. Not a sweep, but hey, series win still fine. If you ask me again, you drop three straight series before this. So good to see them get that done here over the last few days. But also good to see that they're gonna have a day off tomorrow. Sixteen straight games coming to an end. It's a lot of baseball, man, there's a lot of baseball. First off day. Since August third, they've Yeah, this is a team that's obviously we've said it like a million times. Uh, completely turned their season around.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: A lot of hard fought games along the way, a lot of good baseball along the way. It's not gonna hurt to have a day off. And then he got the Giants coming to town this weekend. Rafael Devers making his return to Feenway Park. That is gonna be rather interesting on Friday night. We'll talk about that in just a little bit. But as for the game here today, Peyton totally you gotta love totally day, right. Uh you know, he didn't have a bat outing here today. It was an okay day. He looked fine in the early going, but the d Backs eventually got to him. He started losing a little bit of command. But also credit to the d Backs. They were driving up the pitch count. Few too many pitch few too many hittable pitches over the zone. D Backs didn't miss, So credit to them. They got the job done here today. But hey, you know what, the Red Sox they battled back here today, mostly going off the long ball here, Nick so Guard first career home run, Jaron Duran with a home run here today as well, and Mickey freaking Gasper three straight games with a home run, huge three run shot to tie the game late. What's crazy about that? With Mickey Gasper coming into this series, he had two career home runs over ninety two career games. Three straight games with a home run, so he more than doubled his home run his career home run total in this series. Mickey Gasper great series overall good to see, but in the end, you know, the bullpen walk, Chapman, Tyron Guerrero, Eric Miller, they did their jobs. Unfortunately, Greg Weiser, I'm not able to get the job done. We've seen that many times with him, and hey, you go back to just a little bit ago, went back to Triple A. You know, Greg Weiser, he's just been way too inconsistent this year. Evannie Moran, I've never viewed. Moran is a guy that I would like to have in these tight spots late in game. He's a guy that I like coming in certain situations, you know, like kind of medium leverage rolls right in the middle of the game, going up against certain lefties, right, I like him in those spots. I've never really I think he's he's good, but there's just times where I don't know, he can just be off. And you you saw that here today, three straight walks at one point in the tenth inning. Yeah, that's just me. You know Moran again, I like him in those medium leverage spots, not in these high leverage spots. Necessarily. It is what it is, hard fog game here today. You couldn't get the w It's okay, it is what it is. We're moving on. We're on to the Giants, Ladies and gentlemen. We're gonna get to it. We're gonna talk about totally. We'll talk about the offense here today we'll preview the Giant series. And if you have a voicemail thought that you would like to leave and you would like to be that you would like to have played on today's show. Number is in the shat. Let me actually pin that to the top of the chat here. I can do that really quick. But phone number is three two one, two zero nine twenty one ninety nine. We'll get to those at the end of the show. Again, let me pin this to the top of the chat so you can find it easily. There we go, and I do see a super shat. We will get to that at the end of the show. I want to run through this really quick, so again, voicemails, super chats, and if anyone signs up for a membership, we'll get to those at the end of the show as well. If you kind of everybody hit that like button for me subscribe. If you are new, we've been struggling with the light goal as of late, we've been struggling a little bit. If we can get to let's get to fifty likes by the end of the show here today, that'd be amazing. So let's get to it here. Let's talk about Peyton. Totally, Peyton, totally, Peyton, totally. The guy's been just off the charts over his last couple of starts. Great against the Blue Jays, struck out fourteen against the A's. Looked like he came back down to earth a little bit here today, as you can see on the screen. Lots of cutters here today with Peyton totally thirty two percent cutters on the day against nineteen percent on the season, So he really upped that here today. Now, first time through he was leaning more on the four seamer. Then he started going more cutters, but eventually he just lost command a couple too many hard hit balls. Now again, got off to a great start. First inning, he struck out Vargas on a four seamer, up Corbyn Carrol got a base hit, but then moreno grinding into a double play. Second inning, he strikes out Aeronato and oh he threw him three pitches here, two cutters and a sinker, just blew them away. Then Taois striking out in a curve ball in on the hands. Third inning, now Fernandez, Fernandez had himself a pretty good day for the Diamondbacks here today he got a double and then Waldschmidt with a base hit. You got runners on the corners, but ground ball to Durban. He ends up throwing Fernandez out at home and then after that Corbyn Carrol Moreno back to back strikeout, so totally able to wiggle out of that a little bit a one two three fourth inning, but then fifth inning, Fernandez second double of the day, left a cutter right down the middle of the plate. Just not a competitive pitch. Waldschmidt with a double that made a two to one. Again another pitch right down the middle, hung a curve ball. Vargas with a flyout, and then Carol with a walk, so he got runners on first and second here, but then gabral Moreno with a double made it three to two. It was actually not a bad pitch in my opinion, but I don't think it was a competitive pitch for Moreno. It was a sinker on low inside, on the low inside corner to Moreno, it looked like Long wanted a little bit higher. I mean, I don't know. I mean he had the glove positioned a little bit higher before the pitch came in and in that spot where he ended up throwing it Moreno's actually done damaged on pitches in that spot, hitting three sixteen with a four to seventy four, slugging on the low inside corners. So that's why I think Wong probably wanted it a little higher. He hasn't been as effective up and in, so I think he might have just missed the spot a little bit there. But in the end, you know, it wasn't a bad day for Peyton totally. Five innings, six hits, three earned, six strikeouts, a couple of walks. Again, not a bad day necessarily, but the Red Sox coming in had a tough matchup against Brandon Fott. Now we talked about fought last night. Coming into today's game. The guy's been off the sharts ever since he came back from an injury. He went to the bullpen at one point earlier in the year, he went on the il, he missed some time, and then he went back to the rotation and he's had like an Elra around a one since coming back. The guy's been amazing, but the Red Sox. They jumped on him in the early going. Nick Soguard, the guy said, you know what, I don't want to I don't want to wait at all to do some damage. And he said, you know, I think I think it might be time for my first ever major league home run.
Speaker 3: He's not allowed to earn run in thirty two and two thirds, so a very tough customer here today, the twenty seven year old right hander. I fly ball right field up into the sun, Carol battling that back to the track, up against the wall head, that's gonna get out of here. He's gone into the bullpend had just kept carrying and carrying. Nick Soguarded with his first career home run.
Speaker 1: Nick Soguard, Man, I've said it many times. I love I love Nick Soguard. He's a guy that he's not gonna be, you know, like superstar player by any means, but he's just such a good glue guy, high IQ player. He's gonna give you good defense. He's gonna play the game hard, all right. Guy that run the bases runs the base as well. So congrats to Nick Soguard for getting his first career home run. He did it on the first picture of the game. You gotta love that. So the Red Sox had an early lead, won nothing. And then Jared Durant, who we've obviously talked about a lot this year, has had a tough season, but he was able to come through.
Speaker 3: Here. I fled to right field out the bat of Durant once again, Carol back, he stumbles and it goes into the bullpen. You gotta be kidding, man, Carol. Twice up against that bullpen fence and it gets out. So guard did it in the first inning. Number seventeen for Duran and Aren.
Speaker 1: So you know, like I've said about Duran, obviously tough year, but he is still capable of giving you some pop year and there obviously giving you the speed, good defense and lefts. So good to see Deryan, you know, get one out here. Seventeenth home run on the year. Also, Corbyn Carroll on both of these home runs. Ran into the wall with the Soguard home run and then he kind of tripped over himself a little bit going towards the wall. I wonder if he could have made an attempt at it, but I don't know. Corbyn Carroll not very comfortable out there in right field of Famway Park, but the Red Sox have a two to nothing lead in the early going. But then after this, Fot started to make some adjustments over the next few winnings. He actually on both of those home runs, he threw four seam fastballs, which has been his best pitch this year. So I think the Red Sox in the early going, we're like, all right, let's just look for the four seamer, right, he's gonna throw the four seamers. Let's just hunt that pitch. And he left a couple right over the zone, so the Red Sox took advantage. But he made the adjustment. He started decreasing the four seam usage, going more breaking and off speed after this, After the Duran homer, he struck out Wong and Seidi to finish off the third, fourth and the fifth inning he struck out Williard, Durban, and Gasper, and then in the fifth inning he worked around a Duran base hit. So he was looking really good as the Diamondbacks got to totally a little bit. But then the Red Sox they started rallying a little bit. In the fifth inning, Duram with the base hit or not. The fifth inning, sorry, sixth inning. Duran did have another base hit today in the fifth inning, but Willier with a base hit, Wilson with a base hit, and here comes, like Tom Karen said on the nesson post game, Mick the stick Gasper.
Speaker 3: High fly ball right field. Come on, Carol Beckon up, back it up, pack it up, puck it up.
Speaker 4: That's gone.
Speaker 3: Mickey again, McKey Gasper goes downtown.
Speaker 1: Dave O'Brien was all kinds of fired up there, let's actually finish that off. Let's see, let's see what else he had to say.
Speaker 3: Hoy, you like that the Red Socks him tied it at five. Top three run Bomber right his third home run in his many games.
Speaker 1: Dave O'Brien was fired up on that call. I was fired up on that call. I'm like, oh man, this is this is awesome. Mickey Gasper. Three straight games with a home run. You gotta love that. That did tie the game out. Right before that, in the top half of the inning, Greg Weissert, again inconsistent all year, gave up a double to Aeronado Tawa. He hit a deep fly ball to center field. Shout out to SETI made a really nice grab out in center. But then here comes Lara's new bar with a pink hit, pink shit appearance. Weissert just with a meatball down the middle of the play two rung shot. They give the d Backs to five to two lead, but Gasper coming through a big three rung shot there to tie the game at five. And then the Red Sox bullpen got to work here. Eric Miller did give up a base hit in a walk, but he got Perdomo to fly out. He struck out Carol and Aernato. He was pumped up coming off the mound. Tyrone Guerrero took care of the eighth inning with a one two three. Shapman with a good ninth inning. He did walk wald Schmidt. He ended up moving over to third base with a ground out and a steal, but then he struck out Moreno hung. Youre miles an hour, so you know what you gave, you you got. He absolutely had a shot here to win this one, but then we go to extra innings. Red Sox unable to come up with the game winner in the bottom of the ninth, so into the tenth inning we go Moran. He comes in, Perdomo lays down a sack bunt runner over to third, Aeronado a blooper past the drawn in infield. They were drawn in obviously because he got the runner at third. You got one out. So yeah, unfortunately you just the d Backs had a little bit of luck on their side right there. Moreno ends up scoring that made a six to five, But then Moran three straight walks to Towa, McCann and Fernandez that brought in a run that gave the d Backs a seven to five lead, and unfortunately for the Red Sox could not come up with the game tying knock. In the bottom of the tenth, a couple of groundouts scored a run, but then Durbin popped up to end it. Final score seven to six. D Backs. Hey, credit to them here today. They were they outlasted the Red Sox here today. Gritty performance from them without Katl Marte. I guess Katl Marte and Mike Haysen they're going to be meeting tomorrow. See how that goes. It's obviously been a weird situation. But tip of the cap here to the d Backs without one of the better players in the game and Marte, they got the job done here today in extra innings. So Hey, for the Red Sox, gritty performance, just not able to get it done. And you know, you look at the bullpen. They've had a couple of key injuries, especially towards the back end and with Whitlock with Slayton. Could that have been a bit different here today with those guys healthy. I don't know, but it is what it is. We're on to the Giants coming to Femway Park. Raffie Dever's coming back to Fenway Park for the first time since getting traded to the Giants. Before we get to that, though, we do have a word from our sponsor. I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 2: For those of you that are on your phone's very often, or even if you don't use it much, you should check out your wireless bill and make sure that it is treating you well. It's summertime. You're feeling good, right, aj But are you spending too much on your wireless bill? And should mint Mobile get involved now?
Speaker 6: Someone that has two college aged kids, Scott, They're always on their phone, whether it's they're checking their snap, they're checking their DMS, they're checking their Twitter. I need fifteen dollars a month because I need unlimited quality coverage. That Mintmobile provides.
Speaker 2: They get that new wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month. Go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory. Cut your wireless bill to fifteen dollars a month at mittmobile dot com slash territory.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: No catch up front payment of forty five dollars for three months, ninety dollars for six months, or one hundred eighty dollars for twelve month. Plan required fifteen dollars per month. Equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes. May slow when network is busy. Concludes up to twenty gigabyte hotspot capable device required, availability, speed and coverage various Cement mobile dot Com.
Speaker 1: Alright, let's get to the giants, shall we. And with the giants, it's been an extremely disappointing year for them. They had high hopes coming into the year, all right, they I mean to me, they were looking primed coming into the year. You got some really good talent, You got some really good talent. You had brought a new manager and Tony Vtello, and uh, it's just been a disaster of a year for the Giants. You know, speaking of Raffi did have that moment in Miami where a picture ounner Jonah Cox was coming in and Raffi was like waving him off, and that obviously was not a good look. So it's just been a a terrible year for the Giants. So but doesn't mean you could take them lightly, of course. Yes, Raffi coming back to Fenway Park for the first time. We talked about it the other day. I wonder what the reception is going to be, like, I feel like it's mostly gonna be positive because obviously, Raffi was a great player for the Red Sox, right, I mean, if you're looking at who's had the most home runs in Red Sox history at third base, well your answer is Raffi Devers. Obviously, you put up great numbers, helped you win the World Series in twenty eighteen, right, you know, twenty twenty one postseason almost making it back to the World Series. So yeah, there's a lot of positives with Raffi obviously, but you know, just how everything went last year. You know, Tristan Cossa is going down, didn't want to move over to first base, but you know, then you had the whole DH thing from spring training after bringing in Bregmann. So you know, arguments on both sides. It is what it is, right, But in the end, Rafi, he's in San Francisco. Now what can you do now, you know? Going back to that, yeah, I mean you had arguments on both sides right where you know Raffi, the Red Sox did not communicate with him like I think they should have in that offseason, right, Obviously they had their eyes on guys like Bregman, like Aeronato, and to me, I think it would have made sense to communicate with Raffi in that situation. But then when Costas ended up going down, I think there's absolutely an argument where hey play some first base. Obviously it's not a not an easy situation to move over to a new position for the first time, but it is what it is right to me think in that moment you got to step up for your teammates and it didn't happen. Again, understand both sides of it. You know, it's it is what it is. But like I said, he's in San fran Now. Everyone's obviously moved on at this point. But I think for the most part, you're gonna get a good ovation at Famway Park, right, because in the end, he did great things for the Red Sox, right, put up monster numbers. So it is what it is. As for the Giants, right, No, Matt Chapman, he's been hurt, he's been down, but you still got some bats here, obviously, Raffi, who were also with Raffi the beginning of the year. He got off to a terrible start, but he's been hitting a lot better over the last couple of months. I really would not be surprised if he ends up hitting a home run in the series. I just feel like, I don't know, I feel like he's gonna be swinging for the fences in this one. I think he's gonna try and unload a little bit, so Raffi, He's gonna have a little extra juice in this series, in my opinion. But then you got guys like Willie Domas, Bryce Elcrick, Right, Bryce Elcrick, Holy cow, this guy's been showing some good things so far. Jung that's a pesky guy, all right. Drew Gilbert who's been leading a lot leading off a lot for the Giants. That's a high energy kind of a player, so you got some bats that you're gonna have to work around in this lineup.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: As for the pitching matchups, it's they have not been officially announced from the Giants side on fangrafts as of right now, it looks like because remember you got the day off, but for us tomorrow. But for the Giants they're gonna be playing Matt Wilkinson the tug boat getting called up. He's starting here tonight against the Guardians and then Landing Roop he's pitching tomorrow. So the way it's lined up right now is Logan Webb for game one, Blade Tidwell for Game two, and then Carson wizen Hunt for game three. Again, no official announcements there yet, but that's the way it looks like it's lining up as of right now. That can change, of course, however. For the Red Sox, you do know who's going to be going. Sonny Gray, who's looked really good over the last couple of starts here, Patrick Sandoval coming off a rough outing his last time out against the Blue Jays, and then Jake Bennett, who was also a little up and down in his last star Also with Jake Bennett or sorry Patrick Sandoval, not against the Blue Jays the Pirates. He got roughed up by the Pirates last Sunday, so he's hoping for a bounce back performance now with Jake Bennett for his side set. He got pushed back a little bit because they're trying to manage those innings over the final few weeks of the season. Here he was actually throwing off the mound at Famway Parks, so that tells me, and the intensity of it was pretty high. That tells me that he was probably not having a good feel in his last outing. He really wanted to kind of dial things in. And you know, I said this, I don't think fatigue is a factor, to be completely honest. I know he's at a career high for innings right now, but the v low is up in his last start. Stuff look good, I think it. You know, maybe there could be a little bit of fatigue, but I mean, if you're looking at it from a v low point of view, look good. So to me, I think more of it is more of the the repertoire of pitches and even possibly the sequencing of his pitching or of his pitches. Sorry where you know, he's been very big obviously this year, throwing four seemers up in the zone, throwing the two seemers in zone to get ground balls, and then obviously change ups low. So I feel like there's a little bit of predictability with him over the last couple of starts, as teams are getting scattered reports on him more so, they're kind of got a good idea of what they're looking for. So I think I'm hoping at least that you start to see a few more breaking pitches the rest of the way. So maybe, again, I don't know. I didn't watch his side session obviously, but he was obviously working on something feel wise, and maybe he wanted to have it like a in an environment where he could work on those things right instead of just doing it in the bullpen. So it's interesting that he was throwing off the mound f Fmway Park, so intrigued to see how that starts, how that start goes, and then Sunny Gray last time out against the Pirates, he was great. Seven shutout innings, he struck out seven. He's been phenomenal this year, set a career high and wins in that start with fifteen. He's been great. Had a little bump there a few weeks ago, a couple of weeks ago. But he's back on track here. And then Sandoval obviously he got really roughed up. The guy's command just wasn't good. He gave up nine hits, three walks over four innings. Just too many hit able picches, too many pitches in zone. It was an abysmal performance. But see how that goes. Let's see how that goes. Let's get to some voicemails, shall we do we have any voicemails? We do? We got a couple of voicemails here, what.
Speaker 4: Do we get Jules mctharne. Too many walks and we don't do well against bad teams. So I don't feel really good about the Giants series.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Robbie, Thank you, my friend, Thank you, my friend. It is it's always interesting, right with the with the Red Sox against these teams that haven't been performing very well. But uh, I will say with the Giants, well, it has been a tough year for them. But it's that's why it's so crazy to me, because this team is full of talent, right, you got Logan web going Game one, and then obviously you got some big bats here with Raffi and Bryce Eldridge looking very promising, right, Willie Thomas. So we'll see how they do here. Maybe the Red Sox get a little revved up too with Raffi. You know, the fans at Femway Park, they're gonna be revved up for this one, seeing Raffi for the first time. So I feel like you're gonna have some pretty good energy at Fenway Park on Friday. Hopefully that can with the day off tomorrow too, get some rest, guys can sleep in a little bit, do what they gotta do, and then you got Femway Park's gonna be buzzing on Friday. We'll see. But back to the beginning here, too many walks and we don't do well against bad teams. So hopefully with Sandoval especially, the command is back to at least a decent place in this next start. And hopefully Bennett he can get some whatever he was working on at Femway Park. Hopefully he's got himself right. So thank you for the voicemail, my friend. What have we got for the next one?
Speaker 5: I'm up parents Syracuse watching the Bousa beat the Syracuse Mets. I just wanted to say I don't think it's talked about enough, but some both sucks are on a sixteen s great games stretch and the exhaustion and just pitching up to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's why to me, like, how do I say this without sounding I don't want to sound like I'm like, like a what's the right word. Even with me doing the postgame show for sixteen days in a row, even that starts to get a little tiring. I can't even imagine what it's like playing playing baseball sixteen days in a row. These guys are absolutely needing a bit of a day off. So, yeah, completely agree with you. It's a lot of baseball, man. I feel like, you know, I feel like the schedule itself this year it's been You've just had like a lot of games in a row a couple of times, and then you've had some some odd off days at times. I'd like some Mondays off, and you know, it's like, I don't know, very interesting schedule this year. But no, I agree, Uh, yeah, these guys going at it. You know, even Wilson too, right, you know, we were talking about the injuries that he's been having over the last few weeks or so, you know, even for him. You know, great to have a day off, so it's gonna be much appreciated from everyone on that team. So we did have a super chat here. I believe, let's play. Let's get to the super chat Steve. What's going on, Steve DFA. Weissert just useless at this point. Moran skating on thin ice as well. Yeah. I imagine when Slayton and Whitlock when they come back. Oh man, I got some thunder outside here. I got some thunder outside. But I imagine when those guys are gonna come back. I believe Weissert will probably go back down, but then you're gonna have the rosters expanding soon. So I wonder if you end up keeping sir in the bullpen. I don't know, but being Moran again, I said it earlier. Not a fan of him in the high leverage spots. I'm better with him and more of those medium and low leverage situations. So here's what it is. I think we also did I see a new member in the chat. Hold on a second, I think we saw a new member. We pull this up here, we do. Emily has become a monster member. We got to play the music. Emily. Thank you for becoming a Monster member. You've been hanging out here all the time. Appreciate becoming a Monster member. Appreciate that memberships are open if anyone else would like to sign up for that. We are over fifty members at this point, so we're we're on the road to We're gonna try and get to a huscred members. I don't know if we'll be able to get there by the end of the year, but hey, that'd be a cool milestone to hit. So Emily, thank you for helping us get towards that goal. Appreciate you again. We are in the early stages of the Monster membership, so eventually I'm gonna think of ways to expand that a little bit. Maybe at some point, you know, do some member only streams or whatever, member only chats or whatever else. I don't know, maybe a discord at some point. That'd be pretty fun. But yeah, I'm gonna be thinking of more perks for that. So stay tuned, Stay tuned, everybody. I'm gonna get out of here and we're gonna we're gonna go enjoy the day off tomorrow as well. It's been a lot of baseball, went through that losing stretch a little bit good to see the team get back on track over the last few days. Let's see if they can stay on track here. I really want this Red Sox team to start getting a bit more consistent.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: While the fifteen games in a row, fifteen wins in a row was awesome, well, that whole stretch was amazing, the last week or so you had all the losing, right, So it's like, can we just get back to like kind of a neutral point here the rest of the way. I don't mind a few losses along the way, but let's start being a bit more consistent here. So either way, lots of baseball as of late. It's gonna be nice to have a day off tomorrow and be a fun game on Friday. Fun game on Friday. But everyone, I'm out of here. If you kind of the way out, hit the leg button for me, subscribe if you're new, and we'll see you Friday. I don't know the