Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and this is the Second Date podcast, but Sunday on a Sunday. But we're doing something totally different that you've never heard on this podcast before. It's something that I'm not gonna lie. We totally ripped off of Jimmy Fallon. Oh you know, yeah it is, and I'm sure he ripped it off of somebody else.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest. There's no original ideas.
Speaker 1: But it's called true Confessions, and it's where we confess something embarrassing about our own pass and then each host we get a time to interrogate each other to see if we're lying or telling the truth.
Speaker 3: Have I compared to two truths in a lie kind of yeah?
Speaker 4: Can we convince.
Speaker 3: Each other because we know each other so well, are we lying or are we telling the truth?
Speaker 1: And if you've ever heard our show, do any sort of like embarrassing stories about our lives. I'm gonna tell you Jeff is always the king. He has the most embarrassing moments.
Speaker 3: I don't think he realizes how embarrassing his moments are.
Speaker 5: So you're gonna get to know Jeff a little bit better as well on this segment.
Speaker 1: But before we get it started, what are our comments today, Alexis We love to highlight those listeners who leave great ones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Kristin Miller said, I'm addicted to these segments. I listen to them on the way to work, on my way home, after I get home, when I take a shower.
Speaker 2: I'm a little addicted.
Speaker 1: I don't know that there's any groups to help you with that yet, but I'm sure that they'll start soon. Hey, thanks for being here, Please like and subscribe and two Confessions on your Second Date Update podcast starts now. Now.
Speaker 7: I get a lot of hate from other people on this show who are jealous that I went to private school.
Speaker 1: Throw.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it, Joe, that's why.
Speaker 4: And it's not fair.
Speaker 7: I mean where my school uniforms designed by Christian Dior.
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 7: Did my school cafeteria have a full time somalier? No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously.
Speaker 7: Was my school's equestrian team ranked number one in state?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Number one in the country. Hey, I suffered.
Speaker 7: I suffered low moments, just like the rest of you poor people did. And that's why today we're gonna level the playing field as we all share true stories of our cringiest school memories in a special game of True Confessions School Edition.
Speaker 4: It's coming up right after this.
Speaker 7: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and right now, kids everywhere are counting down the days and the hours to the end of the school years.
Speaker 4: Many of them are going to be done in a.
Speaker 7: Cap and gown, moving on from middle school to high school, high school to college.
Speaker 4: College, back to mom's house forever.
Speaker 5: That's right, Come on, babies, come on, money.
Speaker 7: But we make lifelong memories during our school years. Some of them very positive moments that we cherish forever. Others we chugged tequila, hoping to forget them permanently.
Speaker 2: God, but they still make great stories. Were with your friend?
Speaker 7: But today we're airing out all of our school yard shame by playing a special little game called True Confessions School Edition. If you aren't familiar with this, each member of the show has two envelopes in front of them with embarrassing confessions about something we did in our past during school. I'm because we all know what's true in our lives. But these could be from graduation night, could be senior pranks, detention room debaucheries with mister Winklhauser.
Speaker 4: And one guess.
Speaker 7: Most boilers there one statement that we say is true, one is a made up lie. Yeah, so we'll pick one envelope, read the confession inside, and then the show only has thirty seconds to ask questions and try to figure out if that's the true story or is it the made up live Do we know each other well enough?
Speaker 2: I love the inter I know you do.
Speaker 7: Let's get started with Brook. Alexis which envelope should she open first?
Speaker 4: One? Or two?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: All right, Brook, open envelope and read us your true confession.
Speaker 1: After our middle school graduation, the entire eighth grade class went on a camping trip. After I checked in, the female counselor asked my sister, what's your brother's name? Oh, and that's when I realized she was asking about me.
Speaker 7: Do you swear on both of your children's lives that this story is true?
Speaker 2: I can't do that.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna do that even if it was true or not true.
Speaker 2: Job, bad question. How long was your hair at the time?
Speaker 1: My mom had convinced me to get a pixie cut and it would be really cute.
Speaker 2: Oh big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know this picture of Brook. I have seen her from this era Oh my.
Speaker 5: Was Brook and Jeffery insta recently?
Speaker 2: And you did look like a boy down?
Speaker 7: Let me get asked if you had already hooked up with that teacher?
Speaker 2: Yet in eighth grade no one would kiss me? Okay, I really wanted to kiss everyone.
Speaker 7: Alexis what do you think? Is that a true statement or did she make.
Speaker 6: It up based off the photo I saw?
Speaker 7: Get true?
Speaker 8: I am confident it's true.
Speaker 7: We were all very confident that really happened to brook Brook.
Speaker 4: Is it true or not.
Speaker 2: Very true?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm no surprise there. Now we're going over to Jose. It's your turn.
Speaker 1: Brook.
Speaker 4: Which envelope? Should he open? One? Or two?
Speaker 2: Let's go to.
Speaker 3: Yo. I was fired as the school mascot for being too lazy.
Speaker 8: Let me finish.
Speaker 3: They said I talked to the cheerleaders too much instead of dancing.
Speaker 7: God, do you swear on broths of Brooks children's stent?
Speaker 8: I do absolutely do both of them.
Speaker 2: Hey, did you have to audition for the job?
Speaker 3: No, maz come on, it's me what what where's the mascot?
Speaker 8: We're tigers?
Speaker 2: Tigers?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and your mom always thought that you would be tigger like I know your mom was obsessed with that.
Speaker 7: What was one school chant that you had to do Let's go Tigers.
Speaker 3: I mean literally, they were like, just no dance, I have the energies. Okay I did.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's true. I don't think jose had the commitment even to audition.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I think it's true.
Speaker 6: I think the flurry with the cheerleaders is true, but not as a mascot.
Speaker 2: It's not true.
Speaker 4: Is it true? It is a lot?
Speaker 1: Yeah. No.
Speaker 3: One of our teachers in suggested to me though, she'd be like, you'd be perfect for our mascot, but I was already JV on the football time.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I'm busy. If you're just joining us. We're in the middle of a game called True Confession School Edition, where we're going around sharing cringe worthy stories from our school years, trying to figure out if they are true or if they're made up. Alexis, it's your turn to confess. I think you should open envelope number one.
Speaker 6: Okay, Sorry, it's hard fake nails.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: We had a final track banquet my senior year.
Speaker 2: After the awards and.
Speaker 6: Dinner, I went to drive home and hit a car in the parking.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm not sure we need to ask any questions at this point.
Speaker 2: You got you got time? What kind of car were you driving?
Speaker 3: I had?
Speaker 6: My first car was a gold Lexus. It was really old and the trunk didn't close. Did you report the accident?
Speaker 2: Broke?
Speaker 4: Do you even stick around for the exit?
Speaker 2: It's been long enough.
Speaker 6: I think I could say no, I did not report the accident.
Speaker 8: How much damage? Like, did you lose a bumper or was it.
Speaker 2: An I don't really look, I just hear.
Speaker 7: How out of your mom was you?
Speaker 5: I don't think I need to answer that wrong, Jeffrey, Are you mother? All right?
Speaker 3: Brook?
Speaker 4: What do you think? Is that true?
Speaker 2: I actually I want to believe, but I think it's false.
Speaker 8: Really, I'm kind of with Brook. I say it's false.
Speaker 4: Old habits die hard.
Speaker 7: I say it's true, true guars. Okay, So I'm Jose which envelope in my opening?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 8: Let's go number two?
Speaker 4: Number two? Okay.
Speaker 7: My senior year highlight was being featured as a tap dancing waiter in the musical Hello Dolly. The non highlight was all the dudes on my soccer team showed up to the performance and were like, what the hell are you doing?
Speaker 4: You're the captain of the soccer team.
Speaker 2: Jeff was the team captain. No, he's bragged about it.
Speaker 1: Remember when we played soccer with a Pineapple Terrible and he's like, I was a team captain.
Speaker 7: That you guys can ask me a question, he said, like.
Speaker 6: He's in the room.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's model.
Speaker 4: What position did you play in soccer center?
Speaker 5: Mid?
Speaker 8: Your striker?
Speaker 2: Who you invited them to the show? You or your mom?
Speaker 7: It was probably my mom, but they may have come on their own accord.
Speaker 1: Okay, were proud of your performance?
Speaker 7: I was proud of my performance, embarrassed that everybody saw it.
Speaker 2: I want this to be true.
Speaker 4: Brooks says, true, Jose, I don't know. I'm gonna say fall as.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be true.
Speaker 7: No one actually believes it was I the star waiter in the musical Hello Dolly when my soccer team showed up.
Speaker 4: Of course, that's true.
Speaker 1: And your soccer team for not being more supportive. I mean, obviously you've got fancy feet. That's why you're good at tap soccer.
Speaker 2: So take that.
Speaker 7: Remitted to the quarterfinals in the playoffs, I could just see.
Speaker 8: Him prancing down a soccer fields.
Speaker 2: Should suck it.
Speaker 7: I don't know. What other shameful stories that we have to share. But there is one of mine left that I hope I don't have to tell. We're gonna find out as we do more True Confessions School Edition.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right after this.
Speaker 7: We're in the middle of True Confessions School Edition, going around the room trying to figure out who's telling the truth, who's being a nasty little lie mass.
Speaker 4: The way that it.
Speaker 7: Works is we all have written down confessions about embarrassing things we did back in our school years. One confession is true, one's a made up lie. Ready for a brand new round, starting fresh with two brand new envelopes in front of us, two brand new confessions, and it's.
Speaker 4: Brooks turn again.
Speaker 7: Jose, choose which envelope she's gonna open one or two?
Speaker 8: Ah, well, I guess I gotta go too.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: I was a journalism major and at the end of my senior year I had to give a commencement speech to the class. Oh but I stayed up all night and didn't prepare the next day with hardly any notes. I gave the worst speech in the school's one hundred and twenty year history.
Speaker 4: What was the speech about?
Speaker 1: Just I basically said I love you all over and over again. It was supposed to be you're graduating from college and you just spend this amount of money and how life will be great.
Speaker 8: For It's like, it's Montana. You could have just like spitt in a cup.
Speaker 2: And what were you doing the night before? I was a.
Speaker 1: Director on our student documentary, so I was I was trying to finish it because we all do.
Speaker 8: That's drinking with it boy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, Ojse, what do you think you know?
Speaker 3: I just feel like Brooke is such a superwoman. She would never let herself, even if she's wildly hungover, fail that miserably on his big speech.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna say it's false.
Speaker 7: I know. Brook's like such an overplanner for stuff. There's no way she wouldn't do anything before the speech. It can't be true.
Speaker 5: Really, See, I.
Speaker 6: Think Brooke will be like, I got charity event tonight's got to talk in five minutes? True?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is it true or not?
Speaker 2: It's true?
Speaker 1: Whoa? It was the most mortified fifteen minutes of my life.
Speaker 2: I never oh, it was so long.
Speaker 1: The guy I was dating at the time, I finally got off the stage and he's like, whoa, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that was a speech.
Speaker 4: Wow, I did not see that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't good.
Speaker 1: So to my professors, who are still lovely people, I apologize.
Speaker 2: Pick the wrong person.
Speaker 7: Jose, you're up? Alexis which envelope?
Speaker 4: Is he going to open?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 4: Or two?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 3: At one of our high school football games, I was injured and I couldn't play, so instead of sitting on the sideline with the team, I ended up sprang my entire body with cologne and sitting in the stands next to my crush.
Speaker 4: The brand of cologne?
Speaker 8: Was it awkward? Digio texting? If you own a bottle of it?
Speaker 4: Still?
Speaker 5: Were you breaking a rule by leaving the team?
Speaker 3: I mean I wasn't like varsity, so like it wasn't a big deal for me to not be on the sidelines.
Speaker 8: With everybody else.
Speaker 2: What was your injury?
Speaker 3: I tore my sacro iliac right back here in my hip.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and to this day I still have issues with sacro iliac.
Speaker 2: Why did I ask?
Speaker 8: And I pushed me down and I had back spasms for months?
Speaker 2: Demonstration?
Speaker 7: I kind of want that demonstration later, but just for the term sacro iliac. No way he could make that up.
Speaker 4: That has to be choice.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying it to be true.
Speaker 1: I think that all that happened except for him leaving the bench. I think you would be forced to sit on the bench any good coach.
Speaker 4: I think it's false.
Speaker 3: It is true. Yes, I got out of the game. I told him I couldn't make it because I was so hurt. But then I snuck into the stands and I remember putting.
Speaker 8: On myself and.
Speaker 3: This girl would not next to me, and I kept moving to her, and eventually later her friends were.
Speaker 8: Like, dude, she said, you smell really strong, And.
Speaker 1: The coach is like, so that turns out to be true too, if you're just joining.
Speaker 7: We're in the middle of a game, a True Confession School edition, going around sharing cringe worthy stories from our school years, trying to figure out if they are real, true stories or if they're just made up. We're going to keep it going. With Alexis's turn. I think you choose envelope number one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: If Alexis tore her sacrol iliac, I'm going to be.
Speaker 6: I had to sit out from running and I sat with my crush.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: At the end of high school graduation, one of my teachers came up to me and said he saw me cheating on my test all semester, then gave me a fist bump.
Speaker 2: What a fist book? That's not only how old was the teacher? I don't do you think I know?
Speaker 3: Teacher?
Speaker 4: Middle aged? What class did they teach?
Speaker 2: A world history?
Speaker 4: How did you cheat?
Speaker 2: Well? It was a class? How am I supposed to by that on my own? Jeff?
Speaker 5: How did you?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 2: How did you get into a P if you were cheating?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 2: Man, that was in it.
Speaker 6: Can't anybody get an ape.
Speaker 4: Up for the upper echelon? But maybe maybe in your school?
Speaker 7: Okay, So is that true or is that false?
Speaker 5: I know she's really proud of her cheating history.
Speaker 2: They've talked about it.
Speaker 4: Multiple school cheating, school cheating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't know that a teacher would fist bump you.
Speaker 2: That'd be terrible. I'm going to say false.
Speaker 8: I think this is true.
Speaker 7: I've read her Instagram captions and I could tell.
Speaker 4: She's taken a P.
Speaker 7: So I'm going to say absolutely it's true.
Speaker 2: Jeff, it is true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a songer coach. She's a kind of chill. After there's a.
Speaker 5: Two story buildings, we look down and see me cheating.
Speaker 3: Oh, wouldn't stop you.
Speaker 2: You weren't even a very good It was about me.
Speaker 7: All right, it's my turn, Brooke, which envelope in my opening one or two?
Speaker 5: To please let it be the embarrassing thing.
Speaker 1: Jeff's embarrassing story is just really the jew ones.
Speaker 7: Let's see, on graduation night after high school, I went to my first house party ever where I drank vodka for the first time and attempted to ride a donkey. O.
Speaker 5: God, why did they have a donkey because he's rich?
Speaker 7: I just thought that why there was on a property that had a barn and in the barn was a donkey.
Speaker 2: Why were you never invited to a party before this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you were the captain of the song.
Speaker 7: Yes, I had so many extra curriculars going on in my life.
Speaker 4: There was no time for me to be cool.
Speaker 2: For a reason.
Speaker 8: How was did you handle it?
Speaker 4: I was life of the party for the first time I've.
Speaker 2: Been drunk with Jeffy. That's hard to believe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like it was past stud at a corner somewhere.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's really hurtful, Jeff.
Speaker 8: Before and you were you were the life of the party.
Speaker 2: But for how long, not in a good wish.
Speaker 8: Everyone was focused on Jeff. So I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: This is not a roast.
Speaker 7: It was a true confession segment Alexis I'm not gonna ask.
Speaker 2: The dr go to a barn after any barns ever.
Speaker 7: After grad night, I went to my first house party and drank vodka for the first time. Was the life of the party and tried to write a donkey that's true.
Speaker 2: It's true to you, it is true.
Speaker 1: You want to troll with Jeff Texas, let us do the barn donkey party.
Speaker 7: Okay, segment John, that was true Confession School Edition.
Speaker 8: Yeah, get jeffs and vodka.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna go cry.
Speaker 8: It's Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: The more we expected that what he did.
Speaker 3: At the party, I was at
Speaker 5: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning,