Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's get a look at some stocks on the move. I'm Carol master Long with Tim Staneveek with us as Bloomberg News Equities reporter Natalia Kenny Javic. She's here in studio. Where shall we begin.
Speaker 4: Let's start with QXO. So we got news today. The stock is done by four point two percent the tickers QXOH. The company said that it will acquire Top Build Company for approximately seventeen billion dollars that represent about twenty three percent premium from the closing price on April seventeen. Now, this transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of this year. If the deal gets through, so we could see the second largest publicly treated company from the building product distribution sector. And also it would be a big step for the company to generate fifty billion dollars in revenues.
Speaker 3: This is what Brad Jacobs right. You know his history, this is what he does right, and he has been on a mission right to build out this company. We knew he was going to be doing a bunch of acquisitions and this is a big step forward for it.
Speaker 4: That's true. Some analysts, however, say that they were a little bit surprised, and they also say that competitors like home Deepook could also you know, rivals over this bit. So for example, home Deepook would offer all cash deals. So we will see how that plays out. But anyway, keep in mind that all stocks from this sector have been so volatile, first of all because of the rates uncertainty, and also not too many people are buying homes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although are they not They're not right, but they might be. We you know, I was just talking with somebody about kind of the refresh cycle that homes if you look at them historically. I'm pulling some data on this. Are older, are getting older, and we.
Speaker 1: All are buying stuff for the home.
Speaker 3: So if you're staying in your home.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're buying a new couch or doing some some stools.
Speaker 3: Or doing some you know, reworkhouse, new kitchen, your bathroom.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if that's the case for New York when people just rent apartments, so yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some people buy them, Yeah, just a few.
Speaker 1: No, no easy transition to this next one.
Speaker 3: Well, no, actually there is. Everybody who's watching it is like are they on something?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, maybe that's it. We can talk about synthetic psilocybin. How's that?
Speaker 4: Yes, So psychedelic related stocks, guys. Today we see a huge move. One of them is compos Pathways the ticket CMPs. The stock is up by more than forty percent today. This came after President Donald Trump signed an executive order that basically expedites research and access to different substances outside of the United States to treat post traumatics stress disorder that can actually happen right if you rebuild your home. So now we see that some of those stocks are really moving much higher, and analysts are saying basically, after the company does a research trial, then it applies for FDA for the approval typically takes six to ten months. Now it's going to be somewhere between one and two months. So it's a huge up side with.
Speaker 3: The Compass Pathways CEO Kabi or notth on later on, and we're going to talk about this. He's come on a lot and talked about this process. But you know, you read the stories about it and for some people. This could be the difference whether it's PTSD, but also drug addictions, different types of addictions. So it's really interesting. Hey, thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Clear for me.
Speaker 4: The Tackers RMI, the stock is down by almost eighteen percent. CEO cfour are departing, departing. So now some analysts are saying this is a good development because the company has recently lost one of its key tenants. And I have to say the firm went public in September of twenty twenty five. Since then, the stock is done by more than seventy percent.
Speaker 1: Their power firm looking to go nuclear.
Speaker 4: Data center read so it provides power for data center and it's building a huge facility in Texas that is supposed to be powered by nuclear reactors.
Speaker 1: So go find it. By Rick Perry from our energy secretary.
Speaker 3: Nice job on that, well done. Thank you for weaving that together and for putting up with us. We really appreciate it. The Italia Kenny Javich joining us here in studio. Check out our Stock Movers podcast five minute episodes, winners, Losers. Find it wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day. For the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 3: Mm HM