Speaker 1: No, all right more, I figured for this episode. We just we just we get a much needed break. Yeah, and just io right over there, babyd what's up?
Speaker 2: How you feeling?
Speaker 3: I feel amazing.
Speaker 4: You look amazing, Thank you so much. It's a different glow to me, it is. I've been inspired.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I thought it was the light.
Speaker 2: No, it's not me.
Speaker 6: No, he didn't change the color on that light.
Speaker 3: But so, I mean it's natural, god given.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: See, baby looked good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, thank you? Rap god giving?
Speaker 3: Yeah, rap, god given.
Speaker 2: How y'all feeling, Man, how was y'all weekend? It was good? Did y'all watch the super Bowl? Most boring super Bowl at all time?
Speaker 6: Don't do that. See that's the problem.
Speaker 2: People can't say it's the most boring because then if it's a game where both teams score forty points and you're like, yo, nobody plays defense, And because it's a defensive super Bowl, people call it boring. No.
Speaker 6: I like super bowls when everyone scores forty points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how it's what I love that shit. That was a good game.
Speaker 6: It was with twenty nine to thirteen final score.
Speaker 1: When we can start there, that score doesn't reflect the ass whooping.
Speaker 2: That that happened to the new Pagero. It was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was an like if you saw that score and didn't see the game, you would think like, oh, okay, what if that was a royal ash?
Speaker 2: I feel like if it was five quarters though the pages are the one if it was five UK gave you that idea. He just started, you know what I mean, he started. He didn't realize that towards the end of the fourth he was like, all right, niggas start warming up. At the end of the games went away just it's it's a little more intense the game, even though the NFL game is already fast. Though most players will say, you know, the Super Bowl, the game seems to be faster, you know what I'm saying, because there's so much on the line. Players are more intense. Everybody's even on the field. Nobody cares about next week.
Speaker 6: No, I hear you. There's definitely Super Bowl jitters.
Speaker 1: But when you're left tackle and left guard decided not to show up to the game, I don't care how nervous.
Speaker 6: They're not nervous.
Speaker 2: You the offensive line, y'all could offive line. Yall could have stayed on the bus with that I don't y'all didn't give Drake made a chance back there to do anything. How many times you got sacked?
Speaker 6: Every every time? Ten something like that. Every time they hiked the ball, they were in his face.
Speaker 2: Oh man, shout outs to the Seattle Seahawks though for winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then made a good point. Sorry to cut you off there, And I just made a good point with their defense. They had like the least nationally syndicated games, myself included. I don't think the world knew how good Seattle's defense was.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, people that watched the NFO all year, they knew exactly how this was the number two offense in the league versus the number one defense. So the number one defense showed up on the biggest night they did.
Speaker 1: Listen, Man, that I was arguing my pops before that this doesn't even compare to the Richard Sermon years lead you to doom this and that. I don't know, Man, might been the best defense performance I've ever seen in Super Bowl history.
Speaker 6: But that's up there was that's like Raisings.
Speaker 2: Type shit, like I don't the Patriots just that that Listen, That's what I'm saying. I don't want to take nothing away from the Seahawks defense, right because obviously they are number one defense for a reason. But the Patriots offensive line Man I and.
Speaker 1: Then Vrabels Aaron shit out with nine minutes left in the fourth like it was a terribly coached game, no halftime adjustice. I was like, you know what Brady was gonna get in his Belichick bag.
Speaker 6: They'll be all right. They came out, same game plan. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought they were gonna sneak Brady and Drake Maysy uniform at halftime because they kind of built the same you know what I'm saying, built the same kind of you know, if you put the Brady in the jersey, keep the helmet out, you wouldn't know that's that's Brady out there. Once he started throwing thathit down the field, you can be like, I don't know, something looks something looks different quarterback. The Seahawks played so fucking good. I was like, maybe the punter should get MVP.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was bad, man, it was bad from start to finish.
Speaker 2: But shout out to the new the New England Patriots for getting there.
Speaker 6: I think Drake made and the Patriots will be back yeah, yeah, I was young. I still like him.
Speaker 2: I still like Drake May. I think they'll make some adjustments this season. But take nothing away from Seattle Seahawks. They came to do what they needed to do. They took care of business. Shout out to the twelves. Yeah, man, and you know it was it was a good game.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought that the Patriots had a chance when it was still like twenty two, when they when they when they caught that that uh that sack that turned into a pick six.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was. That was That's when you know it was at that point.
Speaker 2: But shout out to Seattle Seahawks on redeeming redemption. This was their redemption super Bowl against the Patriots.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the Patriots threw themselves. When Malcolm Butler showed up before the game to ring the bell, yeah, like that pissed off the whole like Pacific Coast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, why could you do that, Malcolm Butler?
Speaker 2: And it felt like a home game for the Seahawks clost proximity being in San Francisco to Seattle, so they.
Speaker 6: Felt like they was at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, yeah, it was a very boring Super Bowl but I still I still enjoyed the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still had moments, still had still had a good time watching the game. While still with a few of my friends, we went to a zero Bond Okay, okay, it was at zero bon watching the game. It was cool, cool little vibes. We had the whole Super Bowl vibe in there. It was cool. It was a cool night.
Speaker 6: Excuse me, Yeah, I was at the crib Zero Bonds.
Speaker 4: Yeah please, no no bottoms at all, Zero ban say.
Speaker 1: It still the same zero ban But speaking of people showing up, green Day did what they were supposed to do. Absolutely did their job opening up the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: It's always good to see Like some of my favorite like I love TRL bands, green Day came out. It was just like, oh man, this is this is like nostalgia nostalgia. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you don't like Green Day, you're like the type people that like hate Forrest.
Speaker 2: Gump or like just just you gotta love green Nobody pays Green Day.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's someone out there hates.
Speaker 2: If you hate Green Day, don't want to be around the person you just hate life Like green Day is.
Speaker 6: Just the energy is just like fun.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, let's just have a good time, like nobody's trying to be too cool. It's a green day. You gotta have a good time and rock out the Green Day. Yeah, yeah, No, for sure. Coco Jones did amazing as well. I like the beginning of shout out to Coco Jones paid homage to the great late Whitney Houston.
Speaker 6: Coco did what she had to do. You know, how are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how we feel about Coco, like Coco is one of them. I know.
Speaker 1: After the second quarter hit hit zero zero zero, I know, I know you turned to the turning point, uh make America great again halftime show?
Speaker 6: So the marriage Do you want to cover the bad Bunny.
Speaker 2: Thing with me? Because I think we were the only ones that watched, and we're gonna get to Kid Rock Bob with the bo the bang.
Speaker 6: I'm sure. I'm sure Kid Rock did his thing as well.
Speaker 2: I think you think I tuned in Tournament US A halftime show. You think that's what I did all Americans?
Speaker 4: I think I was like, Yo, switch it over, care Rock, switch it over care Rock.
Speaker 2: You though, that's what I yelled out at halftime. No, yeah, I promise you I did not did not watch it.
Speaker 1: Well, Yeah, for those that don't know. For some reason, Bad Bunny performed and it's so odd that the last two years have just like divided. It's a fucking halftime show. It'supposed to be for entertainment. Yeah, why is this dividing the world? I didn't understand the fucking word he said either. But I like this set design and it was a great performance.
Speaker 6: It was like four minutes of my life.
Speaker 2: It really wasn't well game changing for me before of the world the way they're trying to do for both sides.
Speaker 1: But I enjoyed the Bad Bunny performance. It's someone that doesn't typically listen to his music very often. I thought he covered all basis for people that don't listen to his music.
Speaker 6: Like it was entertaining to watch. The set design was incredible.
Speaker 1: I like the Telephone poleshit and that's really as much as I have on it. Like it was cool, just cool. It was a great performance. Oh, don't try to foot now.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna see you found in real white right now. I don't know you've been doing it.
Speaker 1: I'd be the white person that never listened to Bad Bunny and now thinks he's the greatest artists of all time? Should be that white person and lie to you. I like this, like, should I be that guy?
Speaker 2: Should I be? Honestly, yesterday I didn't now go you know what, he's my favorite pop star of all time? Yeah, no, no, no, nobody the cool it's crazy? All right? It was cool, that's what you said. It was okay this way. Why are you putting negative to cool? Right?
Speaker 1: I thought it was incredible set design. It was agreed, and I'm sure for the people that really listen to his music and love his music, which is a huge group of people, it was even better. But I was focused on the bushes moving and shit. I thought that was whoever put the set together is incredible.
Speaker 6: I love the deli.
Speaker 2: Shit found a way to shout out. I love you just found a way to shout out the bushes. I really like when they were cutting sugar cane. That's what you want me to say?
Speaker 6: Huh, Let me say this.
Speaker 2: I do understand how some people would be kind of upset at bad.
Speaker 6: Bunny performing, So just see to me, that's weird.
Speaker 2: No, I do understand it because it's like, you know, if they this is quote unquote you know American football some people saw a lot of the players, they interviewed them before the game. Never heard of Bad Bunny, never heard of his music. But we understand why Bad Bunny was hired. It's it's to get, you know, the people to tune in around the world. It's the Latin one of the biggest, if not the biggest Latin artists in the world, which means a lot of people from other Latin countries will tune into the halftime show. It's all about ratings, It's all about getting people to watch have time show. Bad Bunny is an incredible artist. You know, there's nothing He's an incredible performer. We know all of these things about Bad Bunny. Me personally, I loved it, but again, I'm from the Bronx, I'm Puerto Rican as part of who I am like I you know, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: I enjoy Bad Bunny. I understand his music.
Speaker 2: I may understand what he's saying, but the music is I understand the emotion of feeling the behind his music.
Speaker 6: So I was not mad at Bad Money.
Speaker 2: But to be fair, I do understand how some people that you know, watch football and don't know who Bad Bunny is, or people that was at the super Bowl and don't know who bad Money is. I could understand how they was like, damn Dold, we don't even know what he's saying. We've never heard of him, never heard his music. I can understand. You can't please everybody, but we know that the halftime show is about getting viewership, getting the people to tune in. It's all about Spot getting money for the sponsorships and all of that, and who else to do it other than which I thought. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'm pretty sure it's probably the most.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be the biggest artists it has. It has to be.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the American football ball. I know you're not saying that, and I see you're saying that. If these bad this is the list of people that are not started from America. The selfiees I told you he was gonna do. My ship started with my ship.
Speaker 4: Listen to yo when you when I found out that that song was about being a whore, I was like, Yo, that's why that ship hate, That's why I touch your soul right.
Speaker 2: To your nigga listen here.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, I'm not This is not an attack, baby, this is me recognizing why I got so many girlfriends. It's like I got a lot of them, Auntie, I got a lot of them.
Speaker 2: I can't. Yeah, listen to listen to your home, bro, I'm gonna break your heart.
Speaker 3: Listen to your home.
Speaker 2: I understand, but I do understand.
Speaker 1: So funny why most of those people were like, he doesn't speak English, we want to hear it, but then also say he talks about sex, so he shouldn't be there. Yeah, I mean, listen, man, which one is it? You do not understand him or you understand that he's talking about sex?
Speaker 2: Is one?
Speaker 6: Mic, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I understand, but I understand how some people, you know, die hard football fans that go bad.
Speaker 1: I get how they are, okay, but not American super Bowl halftime performers Phil Collins and Rick ka Iglacia's YouTube Shania Twaine. They stay English though, Okay, but you said it's American football.
Speaker 6: You want an American there? Okay, Well, at.
Speaker 2: Least people in the audience, because if Shakira watched those that didn't know Shakira also sings in English as well.
Speaker 1: The Weekend anytimes anytime they start talking in that that Scarborough, Toronto's slaying.
Speaker 6: I don't know what the fuck they'd be talking about. It's still English.
Speaker 2: My thing is this is this is my thing. This is that.
Speaker 4: That one criticism I will take, not that bad Bunny shouldn't have performed, But when I was watching it, when I was watching it with my father, the one thing he said was, Hey, I would really like if they had subtitles up here. And I can understand people who have that complaint that they wanted they would have wanted subtitles for what to translate what he was saying. I feel like that was a miss on productions part.
Speaker 2: But but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess I'd have to like watch that on YouTube or something just to see what if that translates. I've never like read subtitles to a song before, like a movie I have, that would be hard to keep up. I feel like, and like the way especially I'm sure he speaks in a dialect that may not translate the same way to English with what he's doing, so like he.
Speaker 4: Speaks Puerto Rican slang. Yeah, but so it would be so tough to but it would have helped.
Speaker 1: They could have tried, Like even if you print it out like vibes car tell lyrics, it'd be very confusing to try to translate them into English, and that is broken English. Yeah, so I just don't know if I hear them. But I don't know if keep up with the shit, I know, I wouldn't be able.
Speaker 4: To I had a ball. But I also have to realize because I'm just sitting up there. Like when I was talking to my friends who don't live in New York City, I'm like, how are y'all not excited about BENEATHO?
Speaker 3: And then I remember that I live in New York City.
Speaker 4: So I hear Bad Bundy without even playing him on my phone, Like, if you outside, you're gonna hear bad Buddy.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people just don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't listen to listen. We get it because we where we're from. You know where I grew up. I mean, I understand it. It's part of my culture. But I can also understand being faired on the other side, people from the South, people from the West coast that you know, people from you know, up way up, No, they don't. They just that's just not their thing. They don't know about Bad Bunny like that. So I understand it. People from the Midwest. I understand that that's not part of They don't list they've never heard of bad bunny songs as much as we do because we go out and move around in New York. Some of these songs, even though we don't know what he's saying, we know the song. That's our shit, you know what I'm saying. So, but I understand how some people were like, damn, could we get something that we can understand so we can feel like we're included and we're a part of it. But again, we understand what the super Bowl halftime show is about. It's not so much about the people that's at the game. It's most about the people tuning in.
Speaker 1: And but even the people at the game, I mean, obviously this year they were with Erka Kirk. But it's not the good old boys going to the super Bowl, like you have to have a lot of money. It's a lot of connections. Like it's not like the good old Americans that are at the road Tide games that are going to the super Bowl like that, that's not really the crowd.
Speaker 4: And like, even so, who do you think is up the fool rich people? It's not all just rich people, but a lot of rich people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you think it was a lot of Puerto Ricans there, I don't. I don't think all Puerto Ricans are pormo.
Speaker 2: No, I don't keep in. Do you think a lot of Puerto Ricans with it? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I I'm sure a lot of Puerto Ricans went because of Bad Bunny, But I mean even that. You say that, though, but you isolate a whole, huge demographic of NFL fans when you have the whole there in twenty ten.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like so, I hear what you're saying. But that happens. That's gonna happen no matter what, because football is so popular.
Speaker 2: Listen, if Real Madrid was in the Championship, I mean for their Premier league, that Bunny should do the couinting usher came out and performing.
Speaker 6: We don't think people over there like who the fuck is this? It would be the same thing.
Speaker 2: We know.
Speaker 6: I sure would be a strange choice for the Real Madrid game.
Speaker 2: Some people feel like Bad Bunny it was a strange choice for the Super Bowl. That's all I'm saying. No matter where you're from in the New World, if if an artist is not performing in your language of the country, like people are you can understand how people can be like yo, fam, we don't even understand what this artist are saying. Again, I loved it because that's part of my culture. So you got me there.
Speaker 6: I love I think Bad Bunny is amazing.
Speaker 2: I think his even if you don't understand what he's saying, just looking at that performance and then understanding the attention of detail, you know, having you know the lady who's one of her last, she's one of the last, like uh, Puerto Rican owned speakeasies or like bars, and I think in the city he had her there, had her address on it. This is you know how many you know how many people like it? That's gonna just pull up to be like yo, she was at it like because that's what it's about. For me, It's about the attention of detail. And I think that that's what Bad Bunny and his team did. They paid attention to every detail. It's very intentional. I thought the performance was dope.
Speaker 4: And like when when Rory wrote in our group chat and was joking around and was like, look at Bad Bunny showing a nuclear family that the Republicans like claim to live and but Puerto Ricans really do or that Spanish people really do and it's not you aren't joking, that's like, that's that ass like that's I love how he showcased their culture of like family, like the little boy laying on the chairs, yo, go to bed, get up, like that's you know what I'm saying, Like that's that culture. And I thought that that was so beautiful. The couple that really got married, I actually got married, was fire. That was That was amazing. And also I don't know why people don't know how to just enjoy music they don't have. You don't have to understand what's being said. You can just enjoy the feel of the music, enjoy the performance like I don't know, I've never known what bad bundy.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't have rhythm though a lot of people don't have soul.
Speaker 3: I do not only care about lyrics, especially for music like that.
Speaker 4: I care about the I want to dances, were making dance of music.
Speaker 1: I want to say Spanish music is actually so because white people we bop our head to the lyrics, not the beat. That's like the difference besides the one and the three and two in the four, we try to dance to the to the cadence of the lyrics. That's why we be off beat sometimes because different pocket Spanish music does make it easier without rhythm to like, you know, bop your head.
Speaker 2: You would look crazy dancing anything bad Bunny is playing.
Speaker 1: You don't think I've been in the hookah spot dancing but looking crazy, nah, looking like he was about the robin.
Speaker 6: I used to I used to, I used to cut a rugged melody cut.
Speaker 2: And get up here. I'm a clap off. Hey it's selfie. So that's right there. That's more. You should have been watching Turning Point in USA. I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't just stand up.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no see that ain't that ain't that an't beneath.
Speaker 6: It was doing last night?
Speaker 1: No, And now I see why you guys had a reaction when I said it was cool. So I agree with everything you guys said, down to the detail. I thought it was amazing in every part of that.
Speaker 6: It's just not music. I listened too often. That's that's really saying. I understand both sides.
Speaker 2: Like I said, if if if if ushould take his ass to Spain for their championship soccer game, there's gonna be a lot of people that's like, yo, who who is this man? Because we in America, so we feel like everybody's supposed to know how stars in the fucking run.
Speaker 6: They don't.
Speaker 2: I promise, I promise you they don't. Some of our biggest athletes. You go to London right now, like you know, Kevin Durant, they'd be like, you know who's that? You show people I'm talking about the biggest thought where I'm telling you they don't. London. I'm telling you they do not. Bro A lot of people that in London. A lot of people do not. I promise you would know who he is. Like if you had just a Nike AD and like no jersey or nothing with Katie just and some Nike shims, like who is that a lot of people from the UK would not know who that was.
Speaker 1: I can't confirm this, but I feel like Katie's probably had an AD in London before maybe fifteen.
Speaker 2: The NBA has games in London now, so there's a there's a there's people that follow I'm talking about in general soccer.
Speaker 6: I think there's places in your ice think London is so much like America.
Speaker 2: If I showed you a picture of the biggest soccer player in the world right now. You wouldn't even know who he was. You couldn't name him. He's a dadn't Siana Trump? You could name him, you couldn't name him. You couldn't. So that's what I'm saying to burn a ware you from in the world. I understand how people will feel away, like, listen, this is not really our culture. Yes, we have a huge Puerto Rican culture in New York City, Okay, other cities, but still it's a lot of people that they don't know nothing about bad but never heard him before.
Speaker 1: But a lot of Americans love soccer, Like, don't use me. I shouldn't be the rule to not knowing the biggest football soccer player. Like, there's plenty of people in America that are like diehards for soccer fans for sure, And I'm sure there's a lot of dieard NBA fans and in London.
Speaker 6: I don't know about die hard.
Speaker 1: And basketball got basketball got so international, Like even if you look at the league now, like they gentrified the fuck out of us. I feel like globally it's different with basketball.
Speaker 2: Now it's nice, it's still not They're still trying to push this growing but it's still not what you think it is.
Speaker 4: I'm happy that the we always talk about America being such a huge, like melting pot in America.
Speaker 6: Get there, because I see where you're going.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that. Segue. I'm not segue and I was still talking about the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I was talking about Yeah, it's a melting pot, and I'm happy that a large percentage of America got to see their star on the screen.
Speaker 6: It's a lot percentage of America got to see their star.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's a lot of Hispanic speaking people in our country, a lot of them, like a huge percentage of America.
Speaker 2: So it's not just like, oh, they're trying to get people from other All Mexicans love Bad Bunny just because they also Yeah, it's a little but I understand what you're saying though, a lot of people do love Bad Yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to make a progressive point in it actually being racist.
Speaker 2: It wasn't. It wasn't racist. Bad Bunny is the biggest Spanish speaking star in America.
Speaker 6: He's one of the biggest stars in America period.
Speaker 4: Okay, of course that's fine, But when you're talking about regular Americans might not know want maybe not knowing who he is. The Americans, where their first English, their first language is Spanish, they know who the fuck Bad Bunny is.
Speaker 2: He is their star.
Speaker 4: That's like, even if you don't like Beyonce, Beyonce is still your star. Like it's not you can't escape it. Y'all stepped on my point for no reason. What was y'all about to say?
Speaker 2: Like, I was just gonna say, we're back sponsored by Boost Mobile on under their talk text and data. That's all I was about to say, Baby diannadn't mean to cut you off. It's fine, but overall, shout out to Bad Bunny again. The production attention to detail everything was spot on again. But we knew that Bad Bunny is one of the greatest performers that we have, so we knew that he was going to do what he was supposed.
Speaker 6: To do well.
Speaker 1: I did see in English that Chris Brown commented in English because he could have could have gave y'all. He could have he could have gave y'all it's a very talented guy. Sure he could get one hundred translate somehow. Absolutely, And I'm sure Chris Brown has been around enough Spanish woman that he can pick up on a few words.
Speaker 2: They could a past his phone and one of them like, yo, listen, just one to just just to send that out for me.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 6: He did post that looks like y'all needed me in so many words. All right, Can I say this? How we know he was talking about the Super Bowl show?
Speaker 2: We don't know. We can only the name of its tour was the Chris Brown Bowl. That's the only thing that I'm just crazy bowl. To be fair, I get it. I understand how people was like, yo, that's crazy. How he throwing shots at you know, bad bunnies, saying I see y'all needed me, like bad Bunny's performance was whack or whatever.
Speaker 6: Like you're doing the shota right now. This is dancing dancing.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, how do we know that he was talking about the Super Bowl halftime show? How do we know that?
Speaker 4: We don't know anything, but we're on this podcast, and we assume all day, every day, any other day, so.
Speaker 6: We just like kicking the shits. I'm not talking matter of factly, well, of course not.
Speaker 2: Because I Wasn't you ever talked matter of factly on this podcast? Oh give me ten more minutes I'm gonna talk matter of factly in ten minutes old.
Speaker 6: On, We're gonna run down.
Speaker 2: We're gonna run down a few more topics, and then I'm gonna talk matter of fact.
Speaker 1: He's gonna hit this go ahead, I can I can safely assume in these walls that Chris Brown posting that right after the Super Bowl halpen after I didn't see. I don't even think they got halfway through the third quarter. Okay, to do the Breezy Bowl, to do the Breezy Ball, which wee can safety.
Speaker 6: At put your case together.
Speaker 1: I was, I was at MetLife. He did it in a stadium where one could do a halftime. There's been a halftime show there as play football, and you called it Breezy Bowl because we can safely assume you have been snubbed for doing so, and you wanted to prove to the world that's why you do four hour shows a night for three hundred and sixty five days straight like a psychopath at the highest level of singing and dancing. Then Bad Bunny performs and then you tweet out instagram out whatever the fuck it was.
Speaker 2: Looks like y'all needed me. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's hmmm, do you think maybe it was a sub to some of his like inner family again, man, you know, I'm just I'm madd didn't say on Piru after that's like the only thing I thought.
Speaker 6: You put together a great case.
Speaker 2: The timing of it, everything that Chris has done in the last year with his own, you know, massive tour, and we speak to it every year. We say, because we're probably gonna throw some names and that right after we finished this about who we think is next. He's one of the ones that we say easily could do a Super Bowl. Halter basically has done his own I have time show on this tour. I can say after going to the tour, not that I had doubts or anything, but it was just like, yeah, he could, he could do that easily. It would be the easiest production set up of all time.
Speaker 6: He was flying around. That was literally easy. I just again, the timing of it.
Speaker 1: Then it was corny. Yeah, it was fucking corny. Like he didn't have Christian we love you, but you didn't have to do it like that. You didn't have to taking down that bunny for some ship. Like he put on a good performance, Yes, great performance.
Speaker 2: It looks like y'all needed me as shade right, that's what the girl say to that shaite.
Speaker 3: Nobody needed him. It was a great performance, Like, I don't, it was great.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: It was a great performance. I enjoyed it. If it was trash, I could like.
Speaker 1: Actively support Chris Brown in that, like you keep snubbing me for this bullshit. I could see if it was bad, but it was great, So I don't. It was unnecessary to me. Unnecessary is the word. That's the word I like.
Speaker 6: I like that word.
Speaker 2: I want to start using the correct words. It was unnecessary, like that's all if it was, if it was how he felt. We can't be mad at how Chris Brown feels. But it was just unnecessary. It was unnecessary. You could say that in the crib LIKEO they needed me because like I was, send that out.
Speaker 6: Now, we're in your business. You' putting us upright.
Speaker 2: You wanted us to talk about it. You wanted us to see what you see how you felt. You know, obviously Chris is a is a superstar, amazing performer, and will kill to have time show if he's ever given the opportunity to perform. We know that.
Speaker 6: But let's not take away from bad Bunny's moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's where the unnecessary part comes in. We kind of take away from his moment. You kind of diminish his moment and kind of throw shade on his moment again. Unnecessary. I just I just thought that was a little necessary from Chris. No.
Speaker 1: I agree, And I mean, if he's petty and ends up getting it next year, he should do the whole show in Spanish, just just to.
Speaker 6: Show the Lakers.
Speaker 2: You want to really show the level if you want to really turn the country understand you next year in Spanish.
Speaker 1: L Breezy Bowl, L Breezy L Chili Bowl, all righted by Chili El Chile.
Speaker 2: Chili Bowl.
Speaker 4: Get the fuck yeah myself, not breezy. It's not breezy, it's chilly. This country is going as ship. Just why do you say I say yo in Spanish?
Speaker 2: Huh? How do you say I say yo in Spanish?
Speaker 6: How do you say yo? I'm asking how you said how do I say yo?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: Here querto Rican yo?
Speaker 2: No I said you.
Speaker 6: I said yo? Yeah, he tho.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Singing in the Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: Casey to yo. Oh jesus, oh my God, oh man, that's funny as fun We will get the commercial.
Speaker 6: Not ready for the chili bowl?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 6: Do youre not ready for the chili?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Is there already like the toasty this bowl or some ship now? But chili? You know, breezy chill, but you need no beating.
Speaker 1: Chili did Before we get into commercials, I do want to salute the loyal king twenty one savage doing what he needed to do, just trying to get home to his queen. I know what it's like when you moved in a room full of vultures and you're just trying to stay faithful and get back to your queen. Did sometimes you just got to lean up against the wall when the camera's coming. What he was walking out with Kendall Jenner and like a bunch of people, it didn't look suspicious, but he moved. He he wanted to make sure the cameras was he was not with that girl.
Speaker 2: He hugging the wall. Oh, that's how Isaiah walked past the bulls when the bulls beat the pistons. It's that same little he walked past Mike just like that.
Speaker 1: People say that, but they don't realize that he's smoking, and he's really just trying to hide the weed he has. I give him the credit, let's give him the faithful king credit, but he's really just trying to.
Speaker 2: Hide what he's spoken. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But with that said, good good man. And I saw your queen post a sub as well in a good way.
Speaker 2: My queen his queen.
Speaker 6: Oh whene, he made it home faithfully back to Yeah, come on, that's twenty one second.
Speaker 2: He's never gonna do that.
Speaker 6: He was at the SlutWalk. Yeah, nobody's more faithful than twenty one. He's a pretty loyal guy.
Speaker 2: If you do, like, if you go to a track record, Yeah, twenty one Savage, I'll try to pay him.
Speaker 6: Is a pretty loyal fucking person.
Speaker 2: Man, don't try to pay him like that. Come on, man, don't do twenty one like that. Not super Bowl son, They don't do.
Speaker 1: That maul that appears to be the iPhone sixteen it is. That's nasty, man, it is. Come on, do you love yourself?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: If you loved yourself, you would get the all new iPhone seventeen Pro with boost Mobile, the most powerful iPhone of all time. And even if you're about to say what about traffic or trying to go to the store and transfer the data. That's probably what that's why you got this this saxteen. That's nasty, exactly get your sweet sixteen out of here, traffic. But I have good news. When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your home or your work and deliver you that brand new iPhone seventeen and set everything up with boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle.
Speaker 2: Visit boostsmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchase at boostmobile dot com. Terms apply.
Speaker 1: Commercial wise. Fifty cent is the pettiest human being of all time.
Speaker 2: I shout out fifty man. I commend, I commend Ordan.
Speaker 4: He took your petty all the way to the super Bowl. He took his No matter what you say about fifty, he took his petty all the way.
Speaker 6: To the ball. You take my baby, mother, I'm taking it to the super Bowl, taking it to the super Bowl. When they go low, we go to the boat.
Speaker 4: I was good.
Speaker 6: We go to the Bowl.
Speaker 4: We don't take door Dash absolutely commend Dash giggling, and.
Speaker 1: I commend door Dash for letting that fly to Yeah, they leaned into it. They know, because even if that was scripted, not scripted, like even the way they shot it where it looked like it wasn't scripted and everyone was laughing, they smoked that commercial.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure a lot of that was ad lib. I'm pretty sure fifty ad lib a lot of that. You can't they didn't write that four years on. No, that was fifty months.
Speaker 1: The scheme at the end with the months to year, that's old fifty Like to me, that's that's guess who's back era of level metaphor, that's back when fifty could rap rap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For those that haven't seen it, it's fifty cent talking about door Dash and somehow twist that into how many months versus years and it just happens to add up to exactly what Puff was sentenced to. But who's counting?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I like it, pluck it. Take it to the bowl, fifty take it to the don't get that door dash bag be petty on the Super Bowl stage.
Speaker 4: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: This is what it is. I like it.
Speaker 4: I would to fight door Dash though, because I ordered wings stop. Okay, you're in it.
Speaker 2: I did order it. In the middle. It's like I ordered it after kickoff. It never came.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, maybe what I was that is a fucking me because.
Speaker 4: I was supposed to be cooking and then like mid cook I just got lazy as fucking I was like, man, i' about to order some wings and I just didn't.
Speaker 2: You got to make that decision like three hours before kickoff. But I was gonna say in January you got to make that decision January fifth. Yeah, you were supposed to know what you were doing on Super Bowl Sunday. Yeah, you can't call during the game. That was the sickest audible in the world. You just call right there.
Speaker 4: I know my beer came though I ordered beer through door Dash. My Blue Moons came, but.
Speaker 2: My wings never came. Wings never got this. They probably was sold out. I saw a video there was like a thousand, Like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, about to say, they probably sold They probably had no more wings. That's why they probably couldn't send it.
Speaker 4: But then they should have just canceled my order. Why ya can saying y'all preparing it.
Speaker 2: They were trying to send HOMEI to the store to get a bag of wing things. What I'm saying when wing things were sold out, they can't even get nothing to the supermarket. They had some turkey legs. You go, some turkey turkey legs would have showed up for show, some big ass turkey legs. They would have showed right up. They had from six Flags. They got turkey legs. Nobody want that on Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 6: We need turkey legs on super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, now, have you smothered them bitches with some gravy.
Speaker 1: I love especially smothering one day is give it to me. But just ordering big ass, like medieval times turkey leg on the super Bowl. Then you're watching turning on it for sure. Why did you put Leelo and stitch? There was that like a message my son, I'm not some camera time. You didn't have to call him out.
Speaker 2: He's shy.
Speaker 6: Okay, is this a voodoo doll?
Speaker 2: No, it's not a voodoo dolls.
Speaker 6: I can't tell. Sometimes baby is Haitian or not, so I don't know.
Speaker 5: I am not.
Speaker 4: I'm not Haitian. I don't practice Haitian Tennessee. What the fuck does that even mean? That's racist?
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 4: I have Hatian tendencies. Your strongest, your strongest qualities, you're resilience, you I hate white people, how much you hate the French are such resilient people.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 7: You're resilience, baby, through the French, your son fell. I see them, Yeah, you're see you. You don't know history of Haiti. You don't know the history of Haiti, like get the I can't even I can't.
Speaker 6: You're not a history.
Speaker 2: But to tell, baby, are resilience? Oh man?
Speaker 6: All right, listen man, Yeah, I know. I love y'all.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna have this moment and we're gonna give each other the space to speak. You're not gonna over talk, baby, d You and I are not gonna yell at each other because you know, I love you. I don't want people to think I'm being here beating on you, so you don't know.
Speaker 6: So we're gonna have this moment. We're gonna give each other the floor.
Speaker 2: Right. I'm going last only because I feel like since y'all are such cold fan, I'm a cold fan too, but y'all are like really cold fans. We've been anticipating this album for years. We finally got it. We got a weekend to live with it, we got some time to live with it, and we are here today to give our breakdown, our personal point of view, our personal feelings, our personal opinions, our subjective opinions, objective objective. Excuse me, thank you baby for that? See how we starting already on correct that I felt felt good? Right, I give it five minutes. Opinions on the fall Off by Jermaine Cole. So between you and baby d y'all pick who goes first. I will go last.
Speaker 1: Wait, now we gotta do a coin toss. No, no, I'm going I'm going to last because I need to get okay. Well, I want I want to I don't have like a monologue review. I didn't want to go through certain records and you know, make it more of a power. That's platform. Whatever you want to do with your time right now, you do it. I may yield my time, yield your time, yield my time. Sure, go No, I'm going to last. I'm definitely gonna last.
Speaker 6: I did wear sunglasses today purposely because you don't want me to see lives behind y'all.
Speaker 2: Exactly, if I say something, I want you to be able to call me out because you can see me.
Speaker 3: This is all I ask of you, niggas.
Speaker 6: This is all I ask you, niggas, is hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's all I ask.
Speaker 4: Is when you give your review, or you give your little comments or whatever, do not make it condescending.
Speaker 3: That's all I ask. If you don't like something, you.
Speaker 4: Don't like something condescending, you can you can dislike something.
Speaker 2: You could do whatever. We're not putting. We're not telling you how to give your review. Yeah, the same thing.
Speaker 6: I'm going to come in here with a bunch of negativity.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want to hear baby's breakdown, because I know she was living all weekend with this shit.
Speaker 4: I do not have a breakdown. I don't have a breakdown. What I will say is I enjoyed the album. I didn't think that I would like the fact that it was too you know a double disc. Usually what happens with double discs, we say, yo, if you take off half of one disc, it'd be a classic. That's what people usually say when it comes to double disk. With this, I did feel like I was listening to two separate albums. I have favorites on both. I will say that I like this twenty nine more than I like this thirty nine. I will say that I am not disappointed in the album.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Do I think it's the best in his catalog?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Do I think it's the worst. No, I think it's a great, great album. I really really enjoyed the album. The standouts for me would be who the fuck is You? Hit the gas, quick Stop, Life, Sentence, Old Dog. Those are the standouts. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be who the fuck is You? Legacy? I think that the run from Poor Thing, which would be number five on this twenty nine all the way wait until it stops right before the letout at drumming bass, So you got poor Thing, Legacy, bunks, roll blues, who the fuck is you? Drumming bass, crazy, crazy run.
Speaker 3: I think it went.
Speaker 4: I think it was amazing. I think Cold it amazing. I'm very proud of him. I'm very proud to be a Cold fan. And I was not disappointed at all with this.
Speaker 2: That is my breakdown. Mm hmm, thank you, Peach.
Speaker 4: Seeing ship like this that makes me start saying no, no, no, no, because literally funny. Then when I Thursday and blow the grip, I'm crazy, right.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to go. I didn't want to scream, literally was trying to. But you'll be a funny. That's the thing. You'll trying to antagonize me. You niggas want me to get out. I'm sorry, thank you the way you broke that down. I didn't expect you to break it down that way, but you did a great job.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for that. What man is your old federal Stop laughing on the goddamn time.
Speaker 1: Let me start by saying I was extremely excited and exhausted on Thursday evening.
Speaker 6: Only Cole could get me.
Speaker 1: To stay up past midnight at this point, So I want to say I was very excited to get twenty four records from Ja Cole on Thursday. When he started with the remember the Titan shit on the intro, I saw he about to take us.
Speaker 2: There you getting You're giving us a little Gary Birtier to start the shit. I'm on board.
Speaker 1: Then we get to two six. Absolutely loved it. Safety one of my favorite versions of coal rapping. Now it's going to get to my overall point way later when we start having a real pow wow. I hate when Cole feels the need to have to do everything. I don't need coal pretending to cry like a baby, just get a baby to cry. Still absolutely love the record. Run a train. I actually thought that was Cole on that that hook bridge part. I guess it was future. It sounds like cold trying to do a future impression. But that was gonna be one of my cases of you should get someone else to do it, maybe a high pitch. If Thug would have done that that hook flawless outside run a Train. Outside of that one part, because he's saying some shit on there, I think that was on it. I know, but it sounds like cold. It's weird, and even says Jermaine until I checked the credits, I really thought it was cold, just.
Speaker 6: Trying to do like a demo for somebody. But I love what he was saying.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, Thug, even though he pitched it down, Thug would have sounded great on that. Besides just those four bars, Run a Train is fucking fire. Absolutely love it. Poor thing is great. He lost me with the punk bitch part. I thought he was rapping really well in between. But the punk bitch, if you would have done like two punk bitches, I would have been fine. Forty five punk bitches like that's where I go was like, it's a lot of punk bitches, many punk bitches. It's a lot of punk in every syllable too. But I still love poor thing and I still play It's not a skip just because of the punk pitch a part. I'm already still on board with this entire album. LEGACYE Fire, Bunch Road Blues. Cole, what a beautiful fucking way to use TAMS. Not an obvious fucking beat. That's an alchemist be right, Alchemist be You put Thames in future on it. What an awesome way to use Tams on your album.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Boss who wrote that part.
Speaker 2: Oh Boss, Boss wrote that shit had.
Speaker 6: Me damn it ready to cry. We gotta talk.
Speaker 2: Maybe you and I have something common currently in our lives.
Speaker 6: Who the fuck is you? Fire? That's what that has?
Speaker 1: The beat change right, yep, stand back to one of my points. The beat change is really cool. This is where I wish Cole maybe didn't want to just I understand t minus Vinyls and a lot of people are on that Coleman as well. I think Mike Will would have walked that beat change. I think you guys go with this to Mike Will like, hey, this is our idea, can you tune this up a bit? And you're looking at a way different beach change. I still fuck with that, like me and Damarius jamming out to that. I think it's great. But that's something that I feel like, maybe we don't use our internal This is a moment, and this is something Mike Will specializes in it.
Speaker 6: Take that to Mike Will.
Speaker 1: But I'm still on board track eight, still on board nine, drumming, bass, fucking I think it's great. I'm already ready to text you because at this point, I don't know, maybe it's like twelve forty five. When I get to track nine, I'm ready to FaceTime you to tell you that Cole's greatest rapper of all time. It's just I don't even want to hear you say a word about Jermaine Cole for the rest of your motherfucking life. Then the Letout played, and I didn't survive the letout.
Speaker 2: Well, we survived the let up, survive let Out.
Speaker 6: I didn't survive the Letout. What a concept and what a way to kill it.
Speaker 1: So the highs are so high on this album and the lows are some of the lowest Coal has ever had. And I don't want anyone that's a dream Go fan or part of that click to take that as a personal thing.
Speaker 6: I am a fan.
Speaker 1: You guys love to talk about your fans. I'm one of them, and I can be objective because I've been a supporter since he was at fucking Saint John's with Aristotle and my cousin Harley. It's one of the worst songs Cole has made, but I don't even to highlight that because there's so much good going on.
Speaker 6: But we have to be objective in what's.
Speaker 2: Going on that and then the.
Speaker 6: Electric is never mind.
Speaker 2: You know what I hate? I hate throle that out too. I hate the Letout too.
Speaker 4: But what I will say is from what I've seen on the Internet and what people have responded to me, so many people love the Letout, which lets me know that it might be like like kind of like laughy Taffy, Like I hate it, Laughy Taffy.
Speaker 2: That's a wild comparison to No, I hate it, Laughy Taffy.
Speaker 4: But it's so catchy and so many people love it, then maybe maybe maybe I'm wrong because a lot of people seem to either love it or hate it. It garners a strong reception from people. It's the one song from the album that's stuck in my fucking head, even though I hate the.
Speaker 2: Song, so let Out?
Speaker 6: Yes, what's the hook on that?
Speaker 2: Well? We survived, let up, yield your time, it's not your I'm just I'm not good with titles.
Speaker 6: But what you say start saying it. I'm like, okay, all right, okay. What disappointed me the most with that?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm sure people love the song. I'm speaking for me and me only if a majority of people love it and I hate it. Cole did his job with the record as an artist. That concept is too good of what he was trying to do with that record to make it sound like how it sounds like I would love a cold Letout record, but not that one.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: It was just a lot. It was a lot going on, like a lot.
Speaker 6: Then we get to bombs in the vill hit the Gas.
Speaker 1: I'm with demeris that hit the gas, that flip that's one of my favorite parts in the in the double disc period and Lonely at the Top I love. At this point, I'm pretty fucking confident everything, and I'm very pleased and happy off my first listen with dis twenty nine. The Letout throw me off a little bit, but it's cool. Maybe maybe that one will grow on me. I'm just seaking for my first listening the letout grower not sure.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 5: Sometimes that's me at the lightout, like yo, let me get comfortable, all right, let me take this honey pack, all right, said I was going to bed.
Speaker 2: I prefer this time. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine intro comes in and I said, oh, this is this about to be the classic disc? I said this when he not, I really fuck with But Cole is about to take us to a whole new level. This is his perspective.
Speaker 6: Right now that beat switch you start rapping.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Coleman thirty nine intro one of the highest highs on this entire thing. And then the next record, which we've gotten already. The fall off is inevitable, is what it was called track to Now it's called the fall is inevitable. I don't know if that he's just that much of a profit, but the fall off for the double disc was inevitable. After Oh please, okay, not out the gate. Though the Villains is cool? Do you think I ever don't want to hear J cole rap over the Realist. This is where he starts adding in all the unnecessary hooks, classic hooks that meet me nothing to the song and make no sense with Erica Abad doing the Alchemist just redid the realness. So if you're getting Rikabad due to go back on the realness after she just put out a single, just get at erkabaddu hook. Don't take one of the greatest hooks of all time, which I'm fine if you want to sample this part of your your concept. I'm not mad at sampling that, but why me and you just have Rikabad to make a new hook. If you're gonna get Rikabaddu, just get her to.
Speaker 2: Do the hook.
Speaker 1: Don't just take outcast hook that has nothing to do with what the fuck we're really talking about. Riding around on the villa is the only thing you switched.
Speaker 2: It just was.
Speaker 6: It was weird.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand why placing that hook there, but still didn't kill the song for me. I still love the verses.
Speaker 6: I love Cole on that.
Speaker 1: Then you get to old Dog. I love T minus, so I want to make sure this is not a shot, But I think T minus should collab with somebody else on the beat except for Cole.
Speaker 6: T minus should collab with somebody else like T minus and Wonder should go in on that beat. Okay, okay, the idea is there.
Speaker 1: I even funk with the Pet Poplo shit, even with the flip of what you was doing after I hated the the Elevator's flip that you just did. I wasn't even mad at the Pet Poplo shit, And matter of fact, I thought it was funny with our predictions. I was like, nobody was there for pet Pablo. He shows up on the fucking album. I like PD's part. That beat just needed it needed the A list feel that Cole has. I just felt like it was a weird choice life sentence. I'm never gonna sit here and shit on someone loving their wife. What the fuck were doing though?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? What? Okay?
Speaker 3: I uld the floor.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry each other, okay, okay, we gave each other's space to speak, all right, correct me every wrong.
Speaker 6: This is the one that has the DMX. How's it going down?
Speaker 2: Hook on it? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When the beat came in, it was cool. I was like, all right, little uh chipmunks soundclick era. I'm not mad at this year Cold told about his wife.
Speaker 2: I'm never gonna hit on that. Just why.
Speaker 6: Why randomly just throw in the DMX How's It Going Down? Hook into that song?
Speaker 1: Like, just why I get sampling the hooks and this and that, but you're just placing them in the most random fucking places.
Speaker 5: I was that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to use the words lazy, but it's just late, Like, I don't think there's anything wrong when artists do that. I defend everything Jay does when he takes bigs lyrics and flips them. I'm not mad at artists doing that at all, and I'm never mad at Cold doing with DMX. But that song, why are we just throwing the How's it Going Down?
Speaker 2: Hook?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 2: What do you you said it does? It's just what you think.
Speaker 4: It doesn't apply to the song that what the song is about. The song is about being down with him from when he was younger.
Speaker 3: How does it not what.
Speaker 2: Types of games be a play? Like is you with me?
Speaker 4: Or what? It's literally about his wife being with him from the very beginning of his career. How does it not correlate?
Speaker 2: You could not like this song?
Speaker 3: I just don't know.
Speaker 6: No, it's cool, cool, all right, you just said it. I'm not gonna ar.
Speaker 1: I'm just not gonna I'm not I feel like anyone that feels the same way as me understands what I'm saying, and I'm not here to argue down why that just felt weird and lazy in there, the same way I felt like the Elevator's hook felt a little lazy in that song. I understand it's the concept, but how the concept is working is you're just like plastering classic hooks in these songs and it just doesn't fit with them to me, Okay, and who the fuck am I Like, it doesn't matter how I feel as far as J Cole and putting an album out, That's just how I felt on that part. Only You absolutely fucking love it. Love how he used burna boy. Only You was fucking fire.
Speaker 6: Man above.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, maybe I just spent too much time in church. Excuse me, just too just take.
Speaker 6: Just take the never.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's a bunch of people that are Cole fans that have never heard Marvis Sap never would have made it, but like it's just it's just like pasted into the song randomly because I liked the song and never would have made it. Comes on and I'm like, wait, does someone change the record?
Speaker 6: They trying to blend this.
Speaker 1: It's it's just pasted there. It's weird, but I like the song. He already has the Jenny from the Block hook in there. That's cool, Like it wasn't even necessary to me because the record is fire and I'm not even mad at the Jenny from the Block. That's a hook that actually made sense and how he used it like it didn't feel weird.
Speaker 6: But still right rapping I Love Her again, fucking flawless.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Jake one if there's anyone that's gonna continue on the legacy of I Used to Love Her and tell us about to continue that story. The next chapter I Used to Love Her came out with ninety something. So much has happened to hip hop so much as shifted. I thought Cole was the perfect person to then tell the rest of that story. I absolutely love I Love Her again. I liked that he used the light instead. I'm glad he didn't just use I used to love Her like randomly in there. I'm gonna save what if for for Moll's time quick stop fire. The whole world is the vill is cool to me. I think I overly judged that one because if we're believing Cole that this is his last album ever.
Speaker 6: That wasn't a h.
Speaker 1: My first song, Like when Jay lied about the Black Album being his last album, we got my first song to me. That's this is me saying I hold j Cole to hove being a peer, Like Cole is a legend now, so I hold him to that status as a fan. It was it just didn't hit for like the last song of your career. I don't dislike it. I think out of the second album, it's it's like, you know, maybe my third favorite on there. It's just a weird way to end it. And ocean Way you call it a bonus track, so I'm not calling it the outro. I like ocean Way, but I mean, I don't consider that your last song because you said it was a bonus track, right, So that's I don't know if that's unfair, but I think as hip hop fans were allowed to judge things in that way. If you're telling me it's your last album, I got to know what your last song is going to be, right, Like that's important to me, even when when he lied to us my first song off the concept of like I treat everything as if it's my first song, it's my last song. And like listen, man hopping how a seat on his fucking bicycle. Now he's the head of black music. The whole world's not the vill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what I'm hearing from you is that on this thirty nine you did not like the Villist, you didn't like old Dog, you didn't like.
Speaker 6: You're misrepresenting me. I like the records.
Speaker 1: I think they were ruined by the concept of trying to crudely paste classic hooks into them. I think the songs themselves, the raps are amazing, and I wish somebody else would have stepped in to make those hooks. Okay, I think, well, I'll save one point because it's a conversation Maul and I've had about the hook thing, So I'll save that part so we can have that full conversation after Maul speaks. I feel like Cole, you know, the very few faults that he has is and he just tries to do everything. And I think that's worked out okay with him, because he is a genius in his own right. But when you're making twenty four records, nah, man, we need some hope, Yeah, we need some help. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but I can even hear it as a cold fan that I know I wasn't really joking when I'm hearing Cole cry like a baby, like just get a baby, Like if you're going that like that length, that length to make sure you're doing everything. I think when you're trying to do a double disc, that may hinder you a bit like this. Also shit if you go through Cole's last three albums, like has he been the main producer.
Speaker 2: Off season?
Speaker 1: Was he don't quote me, but there was a time that was always an early critique of J Cole was, Cole, You're the one of the greatest rappers we've ever heard. I know you're trying to do the Kanye thing, but maybe let other people do the beats. And I think he listened to that for a long time. And I'm not mad at anyone wanting to go betch your career if you want to go back to your passion of making beats. He did say that in that clip from the Doctor came out like he saw T Minus cooking up on the road. He's like, y'all forgot how much I used to love making beats. I want to focus on that. I respect that dog, but twenty four records, even Big and Puff needed to hit man like, you're gonna need help.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we all eyes.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're gonna need Daz, We're gonna need Drey, We're gonna need Nate, We're gonna need a lot of people to really bring this to life because it's it's that's a task though. Yeah, ten records is a task. I think that's where the second dist to me was a little off. You try and do everything and it's like, all right, well then I'll just pay this this hook here that's already proven, and I just think Cole is better than that.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: But this twenty nine I love Outside of the letout, I fucking love this twenty nine.
Speaker 2: So are you thirty nine?
Speaker 1: There's a few records and again old dog like, I'm not mad at the like, I don't skip that record. I just feel like it could have been better with the resources that Jay Cole has and the resources that Tim Mayus has as well, because I don't want to take I think T minus is one of the best underrated producers. We said that last episode. I Yeah, I just think so were you disappointed as a Cole fan. It's too much to digest in one weekend and say disappointed. Let me say no, no, I'm not disappointed. I just don't know if two discs for me was necessary. Okay, I can't speak obviously for Ja Cole. It's his decision for all the dream though listeners out there. I'm not saying what he should have done, telling him as a consumer how I felt. You don't have to two step, Yes, who's two stepping? It's okay just to give your opinion. You don't have to since one is okay to just give you up. They put my mother's address on the internet. What you wait, what are you talking about? Just give your opinion. See what they've done with this man. You could just give your opinion.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, Oh my god, that's funny.
Speaker 4: Well J Cole fan storage because I gave a music opinion. J Cole doesn't really have the lunatic fans like that. I don't think his fans are that lunatic like. I don't think they're as crazy as the rest of them.
Speaker 2: That's because they didn't need to be. And now, if you've seen what the stand game is different now, and I think Cole fans are competitive enough to compete. They're gonna show out. This is what y'all doing now, all right? Bet?
Speaker 6: And they claim to be more intelligence, so they're gonna haveck you like eye clouds. They're gonna go nuts.
Speaker 3: Okay, ma, don't piss me off.
Speaker 6: Please wait before he goes. Did I piss you off?
Speaker 2: Was that? Did I feel like an honest review from someone you know very well? That was?
Speaker 4: I actually feel like you're being nicer than you want to be. The only reason why I stopped you was when I just I was trying to get you to I just was confused. Now how life sentence and that how those two songs didn correlate. That's the things why I stopped you. Your opinion is your opinion.
Speaker 3: You could like or not like just a lazy Okay, it could be lazy, but I just didn't.
Speaker 1: Is rapped about the beautiful relationship he has with his his wife in the past compared to that was lazy.
Speaker 4: You didn't feel him when he said I'm doing you dirty, but like not as bad as I could be, and that that made me feel better.
Speaker 2: You me feel him when I was just twenty nine. I may have felt him, but I'm a change man. Look at the range.
Speaker 3: You got a whole new game plan.
Speaker 2: Jamal, Damn, Jamal was crazy.
Speaker 6: That's my name, but damn both jays Ja and Jamal.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: I love I love both of y'all said.
Speaker 2: Because I kind of echoed a lot of y'all sentiments as well, I will say this, I think j Cole is a phenomenal rapper, phenomenal MC, one of the best that I've ever heard. I think that this album because we've been anticipating this is probably what eight years now, we're almost ten. Right after having a weekend to live with it, and I did listen to it a lot over the weekend. Just let it play, Let it run. I was underwhelmed, so many years of anticipation for this project, for this album, I was underwhelmed. Again. I'm not an MC, I'm not a rapper. I can never do what Jake Cole does, so I don't want to disrespect.
Speaker 6: Sorry, that's he was quiet during your time.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry that I was trying to play the song to figure out if Roy was right.
Speaker 1: But that's that's unfair. He showed a lot of respect team.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm literally sorry. I accidentally pressed play on my phone. I'm sorry, it's okay, you were saying, I was saying underwhelm. That was underwhelm. Uh.
Speaker 2: I think that I overlooked a lot of j Cole's flaws.
Speaker 6: Over the years.
Speaker 2: When it comes to song making, when it comes to album making, I think a lot of these hooks were uh, Like Worrey said, lazy, I'm never questioning Ja Cole's ability to rap and to bar you down. He's one of the best to do that. But when you say album time, this is an album mode. Now, we got to get into song making. We got to get into replay value, we got to get into you know, those type of things when it's an album. I think a lot of these songs the hooks were we're not holding up the bars, used a lot of sample hooks. Even the Bunch rolled. I think that's the one with Tims in Future. I love that record. Why do you have future singing? The usher like song on there? Like I just just gave it.
Speaker 6: He gave a bar in the beginning, right, it was just like.
Speaker 4: It was and then he switched. Yeah, all he said was the seven o'clock on the dot, and then he switched it yeah, but I just didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't like that. I think, if you're gonna use to treat on the record, let it just be a whole different. Like we never heard a lot of this just felt like we heard the parts. Because there's some good moments on this album. It's some good moments. What would the what would the good moments be for you? What do you think? I think Bunch Road is dope? Who the fuck is You?
Speaker 6: Is cool?
Speaker 2: I just don't want to keep saying who the fuck is you? I think it's rapping on there. Which one is the uh?
Speaker 6: I can't you know?
Speaker 2: I'm terrible to sing it a little bit? The Dude, the Ride of Me and the Jolly, I mean whatever song that was his flowing That was crazy.
Speaker 6: He was baring you down.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the hook. Like I said, I'm never expecting j Cole to not wrap his ass off. You could do that. It's always when it comes time to song making and is the hook strong as the bars? And to me, it's like Wor said, who's in the studio with you in you're creating? Because I think if you listen to one of his arts, like a J I d why wasn't j I D. I think Jid should have been used more in this album making process with strict not bars, because Jay Colder need that just songmaking, because Jid is does very a very well rounded artist, as he could rap his ass off, but even his hooks are strong. I just think you need to have certain inspiration to certain artists that you have in close proximity two when you're making these projects. Like again, I don't know what Cole's songmaking and album making process looks like. I don't know who's in there with them. I'm just saying it's okay, like what we said to just the guys that again your camp still somebody like j I D have him in there just to listen to some songs and some records and give his opinion here and there.
Speaker 6: We saw that with Boss on the off season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Boss did like seven hooks on the off season, and that's I thought incredible.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at that when it's gonna make songmaking again, Bars, I'm never questioning Jermaine Cole's ability to bar you down, but.
Speaker 1: He never This is the first time I think that flawed kind of came back because I think it sideline story, which I.
Speaker 6: Don't put all on him.
Speaker 1: I think he was pressured a lot with rock and it just being in that era where you needed to have this smash R and B singer, and I don't put too much on him for that. But then for Still Drive, I think he started to get it correct on how he could balance that not making it too much him On on Hooks even when there wasn't a feature kod I thought he got it right, and offseason I thought he got it right. It's it felt more born center and sideline story with the hooks on this one, I mean again.
Speaker 6: Didn't love it.
Speaker 2: There was some good moments on the album here and there.
Speaker 6: Do we need two discs?
Speaker 2: No, I think we could have took We could have taken this down and you know, made one disc, take the best off each disc. Because again we talked about you get into that that that space where it gets dangerous. He talking about two discs. You got to be able to your song your song making, not your rapping ability to have two discs. Your song making ability has to be incredible, especially hooks. I agree, your bridges, that has to be in credible. You have to be able to do that at an incredible volume.
Speaker 1: Especially I'm sorry to cut you off, especially when you're someone like Cole And that's not a slight y'all be clowning Kendrick on the funny voice shit. That does help break things up sonically, like NICKI is really great at that as well. Like when you can wrap that, well, you do need to give the person's ear a break for a second.
Speaker 6: Like tone does matter.
Speaker 1: And I think twenty four Records Big was was very much one of the greatest rap voices ever, obviously at a bunch of different flows, but he knew how to break up the records where you would get a break from Big. It's a lot to digest when you're that good at rapping, and twenty four Records is just too much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was just that way.
Speaker 2: It was too much for the for the hooks and the songs not to be, you know, as strong as they should have been for twenty four tracks. The what If song?
Speaker 4: Can I take a bathroom break? Y'all can keep talking? I left that one alone because I wanted to have this as a group talk. Well, well, let me let me let me continue before get into what If. Compliments Listen Jaco, phenomenal MC, incredible MC, and is incredible raps ad.
Speaker 2: So I just it's just the hooks, man, the hooks. For me, it was just it was it was way too many moments of just like where the hooks felt lazy. It felt like, Okay, let me just lean on this this, this, this hook that people know that they already love to fill in here. It felt like a lot of references, like a lot of reference hooks. Like it felt like, let me put this here, but I'll go back and change it. We do know that Jaco had to change some things on the album because of things that happened. He had to change some things around. What he had to change, we don't know, but I feel like gaps are there. We can kind of feel like where he was going to have bigger songs with bigger hooks, had he had certain individuals on this album.
Speaker 6: I think that that was blatant.
Speaker 2: It was like because there's no to me, there's no I remember Damara saying he gonna have a bop. I don't know if I hear a bop on here? Who the fuck is?
Speaker 6: You as cool?
Speaker 2: But it's just too much who the fuck is just the same repetitive. It's like again to me, that stat when you have a pin like j Cole to repeat who the fuck is you? As many times as a hook? To me, again, I can't do what Jay Cole does, but to me as a listener, that just feels lazy. It feels like, oh, let me just repeat this over and over as the hook. I don't know if I hear a bop on it. I don't know if I hear something that I'm gonna want to hear and ride to. And I don't know if I hear that again. The music on is, like I said, there's some moments on It's some good moments on this, on this, on this project, but I don't think it's nothing that sustains and nothing that I'm gonna want to keep going back to.
Speaker 6: Not one song of songs I'm going back to that. I like Monce wrote a lot.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about drum and bass?
Speaker 6: Which one is that?
Speaker 3: Well, we talked that drumming bass, Fuck you Tom, I.
Speaker 6: That's cool, that's cool, but again I'm just not I'm not in love with it.
Speaker 2: But it's cool.
Speaker 6: It's cool.
Speaker 2: So you're disappointed as well, not disappointed, underwhelmed for me to be anticipating this project for almost ten years. I just feel like we've gotten albums from other artists in the past year that was better than this, And I don't think any of those guys could probably raps because it's J Cole, you know what I'm saying. So again that just leads to song making ability and album making ability.
Speaker 6: Too much cold.
Speaker 2: I think again, to double this thing. We talked about that when we first heard It's Gonna bedub. That's tricky in dangerous waters when you start talking about twenty plush tracks, breaking it up into two different you know, albums or whatever.
Speaker 6: Not many can do that.
Speaker 2: But again, good moments. I don't want to seem like I'm just shitting on the album, because I'm not. There's some good moments on there, obviously, good rapping, great rapping. Just the songs don't really you know, not enough songs hold me and sustained my listening to it. I'm like, nah, this shit is crazy. But there was some good moments on there. There was some good moments. Now to what if, because I spoke, I spoke about it. I said, I felt like J Cole should address the situation and debt that he went through because obviously it was a big moment and you know his role in it. I felt like, you know, he gave us, you know, kind of glimpses into it, or was it poort Antonio or something like that gave us glimpses into it. But I felt like he should have used this album to really get into his emotion around that whole thing, is thinking around that whole moment, things he may feel.
Speaker 6: Towards both of those gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Even day, I felt like he should have used some of this album on that.
Speaker 6: The what if thing.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it only because again we apologizing and it's like why, Like, first of all, that's not even your error. You didn't know packin Big. I gounnderstand if jay Z made a song like this, NAS made we will survive. I can understand if Navs made a song like this, it was right j Cole, I get it. Fans of both of those MC's probably has real feelings like damn, I wish that didn't happen, because obviously we lost two of the best around some shit. But then try to cure it in a way where he kind of was talking about how he felt in his moment of battling one of his brothers or one of his friends and things like that, and I felt like that was just kind of again, that was a lazy attempt at addressing, you know, his own situation in the industry and then rapping and battling and how it could turn negative and ugly and you know it could go away that you don't want it to go again. Jake Cole is a great MC, great writer. I just felt like he used that moment the wrong way.
Speaker 4: Where did you feel like he was using his own well when things where he said, like, you know, uh, they're so uncomparable, I would apologize.
Speaker 2: I should have apologized. You know, you're still mid some shit he said. Well, I kind of felt like that was him talking to uh Drake, like that was like a bar like, you know, obviously, I know he's gonna hear this again. I understand he's talking has Pot and talking as big, but again, we know the moment that he was in in his own battle and rap. I feel like that was kind of like a little you know, Okay, that's you talking. I understand you talking as Big in POC, but that's Jake Cole talking to Drake right there. Just which part exactly I missed my dog? I ain't got to hide.
Speaker 3: If I hurt you, I apologize that party.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying, Like, obviously, I don't know if that's case. I still would have been mad at this song, but I would have understood it more if he did a third verse, speaking as Ja Cole in the situation he went through, if we're going to address people apologizing to each other, like, I would have still hated that you did the big perspective in POC perspective, but if you did the third verse as Jake Cole to show like, Okay, this is what if they would have apologized and then gave your perspective, everything look all right. At least he tied it all together. This is a cop out to me.
Speaker 6: I actually do.
Speaker 1: Feel and I'm speculating called me an idiot.
Speaker 6: I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: I think at some point in the studio Jake Cole had an idea of doing a song like this from the perspective of Drake and the perspective of Kendrick, and then his third verse would be his perspective in the same concept of what if they apologize to each other?
Speaker 6: What if that she didn't happen and I don't even worse.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I think somebody said, bro, don't do that, and he liked the concept so much that he was like, I'll do it his pocket bit.
Speaker 2: And I think it even came out ten times yea, because it's not there's no coincidence that he did this, Like we know that I could be one thousand percent wrong. I'm just speculating what this is.
Speaker 6: But I'm just just the climate and how it looks.
Speaker 2: Obviously we lost these to cs over what people think it was because of the battle. It was a lot deeper than just the battle. But I understand what Cole was doing with this. Again, I just think that his he had such a huge moment that he could have spoken about more in depth on this album, and he didn't do that to me, Like, I just felt like, you know, even on the other one, what's the one where he sampled the common joint her I love her again? Do you think that that was more of a dress than anything else?
Speaker 6: He quoted? He quoted he said to my friends, would be beef and whatever whatever.
Speaker 2: With that, Like, again, you could have used more, you could have went into depth more. We get it. She told me. Wasn't mad at just a quick quick mention of that in that record, I wouldn't want to fold.
Speaker 1: I'd rather what If, I am because I think that he needs to speak to that more. I'm saying I'd rather that than what If. Then when he said hip hop not she was the best I ever had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the type of games is why too of my homie started to beef to both of them. She said, you're the best I ever had. And the whole time that bitch was saying that type of shit to me, fuck exactly. I like that he just left it at that. Yeah, I got mind that. I thought that was perfectly when it comes to what If, So I listened. I only listened to the first disc first because I wanted to digest them as two differentness. Listen to the first this and then I went on the internet and people started talking about what the concept.
Speaker 2: Of what if.
Speaker 4: So when I got to the second disc, I skipped what If. I didn't hear what If till damn near Sunday and I was talking to somebody and they were like, why you haven't heard it yet? And I was like no, and they were like why. I'm like, because no matter how well he executes this, it's going to be bad, Like there's no it's gonna be bad no matter how. And I think that he executed executed it better than other people who have done it, just because of his and ability. But you're not the person who does this like you're making it. I literally said to the person who told me that he's making it hard for me to go in the work on Monday as a J. Cole fan, because it's like, I've been through enough. I don't need you know what I've been through enough, Like I don't need to have to go into work a J.
Speaker 2: Cole fan because and again I'm a fan too, but you like really love Cole? Are you do you love this album? Give me one second, let me finish, and I have one more thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I was just gonna say, well, what if it gives to me or not even what it gives to me, just what it gives generally that I have to come in here and fucking defend is See, guys, if they would apologize like I did, they still be alive. That's what it gives to me, And it makes me want to choke myself. So it's like why, why, why that's nasty? Why you know what I'm saying like you're making my job hard.
Speaker 1: That's that's a perfect way I wanted to get with with with my point because even if that wasn't Cole's intentions, that's.
Speaker 2: How I came across.
Speaker 1: I'm sure listening, but it came across that way. Yeah, even if there's plenty of things I say on here that come across so blatantly and I'm like in mi head, I'm like, I didn't mean it that way, and everyone, including you guys, are like, that's how you sound.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that happens.
Speaker 1: I'm saying this came across nasty and weird, and it feels like you're trying to compare it like you took the higher road and look what could have become. And the difference is it's apples and bowling balls. This shit started deep, when people were dying, people were being shot. It wasn't somebody teasing you on a metro beat Like. It's a drastically different scenario that can't be comparable. Cole even saying that first line as Big to me was like the most offensive thing that all of a sudden, Big would have been, like Big should have been, like, yo, man, I know you said you fucked my wife.
Speaker 2: But yo, we should end this right, like what we gotta.
Speaker 4: Stop speaking from the perspective of dead people.
Speaker 2: Like like that's what Big should have done is disrespectful and like it's.
Speaker 1: It's like offensive hindsight, like that Big should have been like you know what, you're right. A matter of fact, Big handle that better than any twenty four year old on earth would have handled that situation. Also, MA, I know, I thought, I just thought, what if it was one of the when I said some of the highest highs were cold and some of the lowest fucking low.
Speaker 2: And it sucks because the rapping is so good.
Speaker 1: Today's show is brought to you by a presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet, Florida's sportsbook Mall.
Speaker 6: The Big Game has passed, there is no more NFL Season's over.
Speaker 1: But still we rise, said, still our rise every single time because we still have hoops, We got college hoops, we got hockey. Because I know you're a huge Rangers fan, we will be just fine. And did you know hard Rock Bet is the official sports betting partner of the Miami Heat and the Orlando Magic.
Speaker 2: Plus Harrock Bet offers new promos daily, so whenever you're listening. Just open the app and check out what you've got. Any day of the week, download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit.
Speaker 1: Mal and I know everyone. I heard us win big over the NFL playoffs. So the new sign ups can double their winnings on their first ten bets max fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: That's right. If you would have won one hundred bucks on your bet, that makes it two hundred and the math keeps mathing pay on bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida and Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC in all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions applied. Concerned about gambling in Florida, you call one eight three three play wise. In Indiana, if you are someone you know has a gambler problem wants helped, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee and Virginia.
Speaker 6: No I saw some switch it to AI with the flow whatever.
Speaker 2: You know. The interesting part about the what If song is that is Cold talking what if what if I stayed in the battle, what if things were different in that moment and listening to a lot of Cold because I've been I've been waiting for this album only because I wanted to listen to literally everything Cole said and to me so much more makes it makes so much more sense to me now why Cold did what he did.
Speaker 6: On this album.
Speaker 2: He speaks to commitment issues, He speaks to being a sidewalk nigga mean and he never wanted to jump in traffic, never wanted.
Speaker 6: To be in the streets.
Speaker 2: He's always been there with though I don't mean that. He's always said they which I always appreciated Cold, But it makes it makes more sense now coming off of everything like there it is like, Okay, Cool, I have no problem with it. I just never paid attention to it that much before twenty twenty four because we didn't have that moment after twenty twenty four. Now he says that, I'm like, okay, I get it now, like that that was never you that was never who you are, and I can't be mad at that. Be your true self. If that's not who you are, no problem. My only issue is I feel like everything.
Speaker 6: Posts that it speaks to again. This is just my thoughts looking for the house I'm looking in.
Speaker 2: I think that Jake Cole's forever stuck in that dream Fest apology moment. Mentally, I don't never spoke to him, never had a personal but I think that that moment. I think if he had that moment to do over again, he would do it differently, only because only because all he had to do was what he's incredible at doing. Literally, I disagree because and I was gonna ask my flowers at the end from Demarius from the record she loves caught a lot of bodies, So my closet it got ston skeletons.
Speaker 6: Don't believe me. Call your favorite rapper for the evidence.
Speaker 2: I told you my theory two years ago on stage when he brought up his family and yeah, I'm not playing I'm not playing this mess. I've been on tour with everybody. They know all my shit.
Speaker 3: I think you mean, well, you know, we all interpret bars differently, but that's caught.
Speaker 1: A lot of bodies. So on my closet, it got skeletons. Don't believe me, Call your favorite rapper for the evidence.
Speaker 4: Caught a lot of bodies, as in like I cleaned a lot of niggas up. Don't believe me. Call your favorite rapper for the evidence, because I've been on songs with your favorite rappers and clean them up. But again, we all interpret bars differently, go both ways. I said he had he had a combo with Kendrick. Combo, Drake, there's a I have no fucking idea had a combo with them. Saw where ship was going, and so oh nah, He's talked about Infidel, He's talked about all this. I'm not saying anything that he hasn't talked about in his music. And I'm not trying to bring up Oh everyone moves on and becomes better people. I'm not shipping on jac But I think that line is directly, directly, directly to the point I made after dream bill Fest when he said, y I got a family Now though I'm not even trying to do this type of ship, I want to Yeah, I know where you're about to take it. You're about to the personal sh If.
Speaker 2: That's the case, I even look at that, like that's a simple conversation, like that was before we got married and all that. Look, if a nigga's like, yo, you was fucking mad bitches that was before, Like that's not to me, that's lazy, that's a lazy excuse, Like I don't, I don't believe that. And if that was, that's crazy. If that was your reason for doing what she was doing, I don't want wife here to know. I be nigga. You j Cole, you think your wife don't know you got pussy from other women.
Speaker 6: Let's let us let's all relax on that personal part.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm not saying it's true. I'm just saying, if Rapper says it, you think your wife can be like word, Okay, now you're one of the dumpest some scenes of your fucking generation. I'm pretty sure you got groupies.
Speaker 1: But let's let's let him, let's use let's use mister Morale as an example. Where As, yes, everyone thought that, and I'm sure that was tough conversations that Kendrick and Whitney had to have when he was about to tell the world that he had been cheated on our infidelities. Sex addicted the whole shit. I'm saying Kendrick got ahead of that, and he told us that we all look at Cole, especially Cole fans, as like this clean that you think I don't think it's about me.
Speaker 2: You think that was in the middle of interrupted me, interrupted me every day and I'm sorry, trying to get better. Man.
Speaker 4: You think that Kendrick didn't talk to his wife before he went in the move and told us what he told You think that was her first time?
Speaker 1: Literally just that's what he just said, literally, So how you know that Cole didn't do that with his And I finished my point. I'm saying that it has nothing. I'm sure Cole has talked to his wife about that stuff. I'm saying the perception of Coal has been this squeaky clean. It would devastate a lot of his fan base in the world if you angled it correctly in a rap beef to show the false prophet shit you've been saying. Everyone else is a false fucking prophet dog everything even saying on your albums is a fucking lie because you did this on tour. I'm not saying any of this is true, but and we clearly know that in this rap beef. Things were said that were not true whatsoever, and everything was on the table. We can lie and make up anything. You don't think somebody could angle coal based off one little thing maybe they saw on tour that he already talked to his wife about that could not skew the perception of the world of how they view him.
Speaker 6: They just half the world did the same thing that differently.
Speaker 2: Now, you're right, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 6: So I think Cole is like, there, I'm getting the fuck out.
Speaker 2: Of here though. That's to me, that's Corney. Well we've had that is the angle, right, say what he's saying is true. That means I don't battle. That means like, nah, choice, I don't want nobody hearing that about me. What are we talking about? You want of the illness? Like and again back to my original point, people, and listen, and he ain't got no squeaky clean nothing. He's right now. Okay, Well, back back to back to my original point. Yes, I think that Jay Cole mentally will never get over his decision he made that day.
Speaker 6: I don't think he will.
Speaker 2: And when I said what I said the twenty four about career suicide, and everybody's like Nah, you're bugging. I'm not talking about album sales and selling tickets. I'm talking about the meaning behind his words now, the validity behind his pen, how other MC's view him. I don't think that none of that. I think all of that is over with. He talked about killing his own self, his yourself on on the album. I don't do that because that was about killing his old self. It's like to kill j z Intro, Like, I understand what he was saying about killing his old self as old.
Speaker 1: He doesn't even like this to be part of this whole thing, Like I don't, so why are we here?
Speaker 6: You're allowed to feel that way at this point in your career?
Speaker 2: Like, but but that's that's again that leads to his decision in the battle. It's too much of this, I respond, I take it back. I want to be a part of the shit. Nah, I don't want to be a part of the shit. Like, Bro, what we just talking about rapping and making music here?
Speaker 4: Bro, Like, I don't understand why were putting all of this extra, Like it's not that deep with whatever battle y'all was about to have, whatever conversation you had with Kendrick, Like, nothing to me.
Speaker 2: Was that deep to where Cole couldn't just be who cold is a phenomenal MC through all of that shit, and I hear you.
Speaker 1: But where the contradiction would come is the hindsight being twenty twenty. And I don't think Cole, is that so raven and fucking predicted all that? But you rightfully so I have come up here that this ship has crossed a fucking line. No, it's not just rapping anymore. Somebody was called something that is inexcusable in the world, like you come up here and said was crossed instead said all that else to me was cool. So you're saying, no, it's just line. No it wasn't because you just came in here and said that with drinking.
Speaker 6: But that to me was the only line that was crossed.
Speaker 2: That to me, it was only line. Like what I f am, Now you're just saying anything if that's what you're doing, like man to me that again, I said that through the whole thing, but just battling. And then now I think forever like your words, like you even you hear it in them, the confidence don't even it's not even there no more. Everything is like it's almost victim mentality honestly, like he's almost rapping as from the perspective of a victim, I don't. I don't even want this success. I don't even want this ship. I don't even want them.
Speaker 4: But that's not But this isn't Cole's first Yes it's not. But coming off of what he did, it means and it feels different now.
Speaker 2: So and that was my point everything from that moment, which is why I said, if he had to do it over again, it's a different it's a different decision he makes because again I think mentally, mentally, because he knows how dope he is. He's stuck in at a moment like I should have just bowed. I should have just jumped in there and just got my shit up, because that's this is what you do. This is the easies shit in the world for you to rap. No, a lot of niggas can't rap with ja code. We're talking about just fuck a hook, fucking up, just bars. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? And that's why I was so disappointed, because I was looking at it like, no, this is what you do.
Speaker 6: This we ain't talking about who make a better song, who make a better hook. We're talking about who could put pin the paper and whoop.
Speaker 2: Ass, well we're moving, I mean a chance.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of why I hate what If being on here completely And sorry, I know I cut you off because we're talking about this right now, like just you should have just left the ship off the album so we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Kend Or Drake would not have been brought up on less on this podcast unless you did the what if?
Speaker 2: What if? What What song?
Speaker 4: If? What?
Speaker 3: What song?
Speaker 6: Would I brought up drink on any of MA.
Speaker 2: Would have brought it up with the I Love You again?
Speaker 3: That would have got. It would have gotten.
Speaker 1: But I thought, I don't think he'd be talking the way he's talking again in here with this apology what if ship, and it's not. It's again apples and bowling balls, not even the same comparison.
Speaker 6: It's weird.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what you're doing because this is gonna make everyone want to focus on that, and I just thought it was done.
Speaker 2: Oh that was a bad way.
Speaker 4: If you're trying to get away from it, if you're not really gonna openly address it, I had to. If you if you're not gonna address it then leave what if off so that we don't I.
Speaker 6: Love you again. I thought what he addressed there was perfect.
Speaker 2: Because he's mentally never gonna get over that moment. I'm telling you, I can hear it in them, and I knew that was gonna I'm like, when this all in my mind, I'm saying, when this all blows over, Cole is gonna look back on day be like n I fumbled that one. That was my opportunity to whoop ass and then and then and then right because this was something I noticed, because I was waiting to see this because everybody was like, nah, that's his man, No da da If Kendrick is his man, why he ain't got the Kendrick songs on the album?
Speaker 4: Oh I don't know if that's is Well what we all said that that would look corny. It would look corny, it would, But so what where I will agree backing out of the battle look corny?
Speaker 2: He did it. Who gives a fuck? Because people were saying, nah, that's his man. He ain't really want to go there with his men like that. Okay, no problem, that's his man, No problem, right, I understand, no problem. You don't want to get into it with your boy. Cool? Right, But how come them songs in on the album? Did Kendrick not clear the songs?
Speaker 1: I don't think hold one of them. I think he just we just we just we're just sitting here kicking the shit. Or maybe there's those songs maybe on there, but they just took Kendrick verse off.
Speaker 2: That could be okay.
Speaker 6: Why Kendrick Versus ain't on the album?
Speaker 2: I think I don't.
Speaker 1: I think the points that you brought up to me when I was arguing I would be fine with hearing them is the answer. I'm actually agreeing with what you said to me at that time. It was how crazy it would look.
Speaker 2: It would just it will probably sound dated too. It will sounddated.
Speaker 1: Here's my thing where I will agree with Maul is. I think this twenty nine was recorded more in off season cold time. That feels like off season cold to me. This thirty nine sounds like cold now, a little uninspired and maybe maybe a little timid, like I do see what maul is saying. And again I could be wrong and this could have been recorded yesterday for all I fucking know, but I can see the sheer difference between this twenty nine and this thirty nine with an inspired fucking rapper. I'm been a fan of this shit my entire life. I can hear that.
Speaker 6: Oh shit, all right, come on, that was funny. He almost sad.
Speaker 2: Damn word right there. He don't make this clay. He almost baby d We almost called him, hey, almost the greatest white mama. What he said on there, I felt seen. No, I feel like my personal ears. I can hear the difference on it too, And I feel like this twenty nine was the stuff that was when he was in a little different space, exactly what I was afraid that happened though? Did you like it? Did you like it more than you thought you would? No? Oh wow, I don't like it more than I thought I Wouldn't you don't like it at all? Not at all. There's some good moments on this album. It's some good moments. I'm not I'm not saying the album is trash.
Speaker 6: Too much. Could have condensed it.
Speaker 3: You say that we'll all double this. That aren't drinks, So that's not it's.
Speaker 6: That's tough to do.
Speaker 2: You gotta be a different your song making ability has to be different to carry double dish like that's just we can put that over there.
Speaker 6: Your song making ability has to be different. But good moments.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm never We don't even have to talk about bars and rapping. That's cemented just the production on some The hooks were lackless for me on most of the songs. And whatever hooks are good, it's a flip. It's a sample, it's a playoff of other songs that we already know and love. That's a cheat code, you know what I'm saying. It's like, of course we loved that song. Of course niggas, we ain't gonna hate this hook. We love that fucking record. Did you feel excited when.
Speaker 3: You heard six Nicks Wild?
Speaker 2: Six Niggas Wild?
Speaker 4: Did you hear like did you get excited? Because that hyped me up? And when I first heard that, I actually thought the album was gonna sound a lot different than it did. I thought I was going to get about when I heard when the album opened like that.
Speaker 1: Again, apologies to all of vill I wasn't aware of with two six men because Cole has not really said two six I was confused when Drake said use six the first time, my man, I wouldn't want them to do the to do a forest steel things. Isn't Drake from Forest Hiels and he's from Forest Hills Drive make a Forest Hills record, and then added the action bronze into it, like I don't want to all the numbers to six, everyone just naming their city random shit out.
Speaker 6: Of nowhere, shout out to the three one five, y'all are the orangeman.
Speaker 4: I'm out in three one five real guys, seven real pies and all right, my bad.
Speaker 2: I want it, my bad. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Was that you were still good?
Speaker 2: That was me?
Speaker 4: That was off the bat, like I was just off the top. Well, you asked me if I like the album as a whole fan. I do like the album as a cole fan. There are a lot of songs that I could do without, but the songs that I can do with I love, So that makes a good album for me. If there's a couple of songs I can do without, maybe like five of them on a twenty twenty four album, I'm cool with that. I can do without five on an album full of twenty four, only five, only five, and.
Speaker 2: They would be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we'll got do that, but yeah I can. I can do it out about five of them.
Speaker 2: But I love it.
Speaker 4: I absolutely love this twenty nine. The five that I don't like the majority of them are on this thirty nine. But yeah, like I'm Rory said, he doesn't really fuck with Old Dog in life since I absolutely fucking love them absolutely, I don't.
Speaker 1: Skip an old Dog. I just I just think that that one could have been more of a bop. I think that shit could have hit a little different. He should have took some of your beats.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying that whatsoever.
Speaker 1: I said Cole t minds and these guys are geniuses with resources I don't have or deserve.
Speaker 2: Go go use I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't have a line on Mike Will when I need a base. Sometimes you just need some Mike Will shit.
Speaker 2: But that is my like.
Speaker 1: So sometimes you could make a beat and be like, which I've done him my shit. If you want to make that joke, I'll make a b Can someone redo this? That's way better at this than me. We're here trying to we're trying to get the best product, not to prove that I could do it by myself.
Speaker 3: Okay, I respect that. You know what this album is like, don't piss me off.
Speaker 2: It's like when the girl make you wait like eight summers to give you some pussy.
Speaker 3: I knew he was gonna piss me off.
Speaker 2: And then like they stink a little bit, but like it's not bad, it's not like you gotta let's just a little like and you found out she hit twenty four men that summer, Like that's what this is. Like you still hit.
Speaker 6: I'm still gonna hit.
Speaker 3: And it was on fire, but it just happened.
Speaker 2: It got a little, it got a little sense to it. Though it sounds like much red meat, Like she got too much red meat on our diet. You need to up the veggies, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: To hit again, everyone deserves second chances.
Speaker 2: I hit again, Everyone deserves another day.
Speaker 6: I would hit again. But but if it's if it's still at that same I'm cool.
Speaker 2: I'm off it. We ain't gonna keep doing that because I give you the past, like you know we was, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Maybe she didn't know we was gonna get into the moment. You know what I'm saying, it's a little offer. Period might be coming fresh off of something, I don't know, spotting again diet.
Speaker 6: Might she might just you know, mean too much red meat.
Speaker 2: This month, but we're gonna give us some time to you know, up a water intake, veggie intake, fresh fruit intake, spin back and hopefully you know what I mean. Do you think this takes him out of.
Speaker 4: No, no to whatever you're about to say, Okay, take No matter what, the commonation of some of.
Speaker 1: The best, one of the greatest rappers that's ever lived, he's one of the businessocracy is still organizing making sure that changes nothing.
Speaker 2: I just again, Cole is one of them. Once personally, I'm just underwhelmed for a project that we waited for for almost ten years.
Speaker 4: And it's like, I also think I get you, and I also think that, Like I said this before it came out, I was talking to somebody.
Speaker 3: I was like, he was like, are you excited about that?
Speaker 4: I might say yeah, But at the same time, I know that no matter what, I'll be disappointed. And what I mean by that is when the anticipation is that tie, there's no way you need it. Very rarely does anybody meet when the anticipation is that tie, no matter who the artist is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess it was not I give what you said. Sometimes that if you'll fall short end of the anticipation, but to me, he felt way short of the anticipation. Who's ever been in this anticipation scenario? Yeah, this, like this is one of the most anticipated albums probably ever in rap.
Speaker 1: Because even with like off season was anticipated and the surprise and this and that, but like, it's a drastically different anticipation with everything that happened. So I don't even know, because he delivered on all the anticipation of his last album, but this is different as any other rapper been in.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: Like I thought Jay delivered on anticipation after Lemonade and Solange beating him up in the elevator and we got four forty four. I thought he delivered there, But I still don't think the stakes were as as.
Speaker 6: High as this. Oh this this again, This was again.
Speaker 1: I think it's this and this is an Iceman where the I can't think of another scenario where this.
Speaker 4: I don't even think that people are anticipating Iceman the way that people were anticipating this.
Speaker 2: I don't think. So.
Speaker 1: I think you're not think I think you're wrong, But they're anticipating in a different way. It's different, it's a different it's the same anticipation in a different way. Some people are a lot of people going in there can't wait to hate Iceman.
Speaker 2: Can wait.
Speaker 6: They're gonna set their alarm clock to make sure.
Speaker 2: They get the same. In a lot of ways, it's a lot of people that was anticipating this to hate or to love it again. He's giving us this title eight nine years ago.
Speaker 4: That's why I think that's where I say the anticipation because even before the moment of like the apology, people were anticipating in the fall off because it's been teased for so many years. That's why I'm like not comparing it to the Iceman because it's like, we get so much music from Drake, nobody's really anticipating a Drake album. We get a Drake album, dimn there every year. You see what I'm saying, Like this album' been waiting for for free you again?
Speaker 2: Everything after that though, coming off of twenty four, that's why anticipation for Iceman is where it's at because coming off of that, you know, whatever people want to say he lost that battle, knocked the creativity out of him, but that doesn't make sense because we got some sexy songs for you, and everybody loved that that's not rapped though, Okay, you know what I'm saying, Like, we know Drake could do that, and you can give us an R and B vibe a bop and his sleep. Now people want to hear him rap. They want to hear what he sounds like rapping coming out of that moment. So that's what that that why that anticipation is hot. But obviously, yeah, this the fall off. We've been hearing this.
Speaker 6: It's almost like the detox. This this little pump on kod and ended the album with the fall off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like this is this is this was on that level of anticipation and again to me, it just fell short. But again, good moments on there, but overall it was just like I was under Like, I so a.
Speaker 6: Lot to digestment. It's a lot of rapids, it's a lot, that's a lot of rapping. But again, this is what he gave us. So this is what we gotta listen to.
Speaker 2: This is what we gotta dissect, this is what we gotta digest, this is what we gotta talk about because this is the product that he gave us. I'm just again underwhelmed because I was anticipating a much better overall project.
Speaker 1: And even to that point and we can close. But what he said at the end of I Love Her Again, of which I thought was like brilliantly brought together towards the end of hip Hop's i'thing like, Bro, you don't even listen to me anymore, Like what are you talking about? It's like I got kids, I got shit going on. I can't That is also how hard this has been a digest this weekend. It's twenty four record. At this age, I don't have the time to live and breathe it the way I did at discs twenty nine, Like it's funny. He even said that and put out a double disc like he's the same way he said, Bri got kids, I'm not. I don't listen to hip hop as much as I used to. He's got other shit going on. He'd just sit here for the whole weekend and.
Speaker 2: Do this shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said.
Speaker 1: I thought that was because I felt that way too, Like all all I used to do twenty four hours out of the fucking day is listen to music.
Speaker 6: I just don't do that as much as I used to do.
Speaker 4: When he said at first, I was defensive, bitch, listen, how you sound so many niggas fucked you now your pussy water down. But the more I thought about her cult, she was right. There was a time when she was on my phone day and night, singing songs to me that I had time or two. Some were kind of old and some we're kind of new. But you'll see how it's getting older, raising kids all that. Spending time and listening to her is hard to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like, even though I did give this as much time as I could outside of us having the podcast, yes, it's tough to listen to a double disc at thirty with this level of rapping, Like, yeah, you have to digest this. It could take a month with my schedule.
Speaker 2: All right, So now is one as far as post beef album that we've didn't get? What do you mean, oh, just Drake, you're saying left?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got the Cold album?
Speaker 2: Got gn X?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So are do you do you think GNX is better than?
Speaker 2: Well? Which one? Do you guys? Prefer?
Speaker 3: Gn X or this?
Speaker 2: They're not even this terrible? This one? It's better? Absolutely, okay, absolutely one thousand. I could listen to this way more, opinions, I could listen to this way more than I can listen to G and X.
Speaker 1: I've had over a year with gn X, so I mean, yeah, and they're completely different, and they just both happen to.
Speaker 2: Have people rapping on them. They're completely different.
Speaker 4: I'm saying I could listen to this your preference, I would have to. I would have to agree. But that's just because gn X is very CALLI, very CALLI.
Speaker 6: That could be a two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very cally.
Speaker 6: But yeah, oh me, I could listen to this.
Speaker 1: But I do think even though you're right, there's we had G and X, we had this, I do think Kendrick's.
Speaker 2: Next album will roll over into this.
Speaker 1: Yes, gn X falls in that timeline, but everyone's still going to be looking at fall Off Iceman and then whatever Kendrick is dropping after that.
Speaker 6: Yes, so not gn X fall Off Iceman. I don't think that's how it's really going to be viewed by the anticipation with fans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get what Ory's saying. I think I think Kendrick's album after this is the one that people are really going, like.
Speaker 2: Really going to be focused because Cole and Drake dropped and then yeah, we want to see what Kendrick does and then after that, I mean, if we're still on the ship dog, I don't really know what still.
Speaker 4: Ye, people are going to be honest it to the end of time. But yeah, I do agree with you. Got Cole has always kind of had a song making ability. It is has always been his achilles if he because if he could make a song as good as like he can't make a song, don't get me wrong, but I mean if he had that that hook hit hook ability, Like how we said that Cole don't get played in the clubs. Like if he had that hook hit ability the way the other two had, I would it wouldn't be no conversation. I'm just being honest, it wouldn't be no conversation.
Speaker 1: Listeners and being objective here, Drake is over here when it comes to hooks, Like I don't even want to that's unfair to even put him in this conversation. I think Cole can rival Kendrick in hooks. I think y'all are forgetting some of Cole's catalog.
Speaker 3: I'm not forgetting.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know if if.
Speaker 2: Kendrick is light gears above Jake Cole items like making solo hooks.
Speaker 6: I think he is.
Speaker 3: I didn't say, light years, but he is significantly.
Speaker 6: Better at years.
Speaker 2: But I think I think Kendrick makes better songs he does.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, I'm so.
Speaker 1: I thought we're having the hook conversation songs. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean Kendrick is one of the better songs hookers. Yes, that's what I thought. We were talking just about specifically the hook, because we're not talking about the verses. I promise you we never talked about the verses. Well, versus verses don't have to do with the song. But what I'm saying is water down there lyrics to make better songs like that, Yeah, that happens, they do.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is when it comes to like hook and like the song, the ability to make a hit, a commercial hit, something that you're going to hear in the club, something that you're gonna hear in see or something that all of that, Kendrick is better at that than Called, significantly better at that than Called.
Speaker 2: And it might not be because Cold.
Speaker 4: It might because Cold just doesn't want to That might not be his bot.
Speaker 1: I'll be saying solo or like like, we cannot not credit fell with It's all right m hm. So I was saying solo solo. That's why I said leave Drake out of this, Like by himself, it's clear that he knows how to make fun can hooks and songs those two solo by themselves, no other person on the hook. I don't Again, I don't think it's that far apart as you guys are making it seem.
Speaker 6: Subjective.
Speaker 3: I think I think, I think that Kendrick is significantly I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: Playing ship in target whatever, like it's all right, is in a generational record, but let's not love the record.
Speaker 6: Let's don't even do it, don't do that to Canada.
Speaker 1: But let's not act like that's not Pharrell as well, Like I'm sure Andrew put together this and that I'm giving them all the credit, but that's also but what are some what are some of both.
Speaker 4: Of their big But okay, so so at the end of the day, yes it's Pharrell, but the same.
Speaker 6: Resource, don't save don't save her.
Speaker 2: The same resources.
Speaker 4: Let me talk the same resources that Kendrick has access to. And I'm not doing this to compare them, but we're talking about some of the greatest rappers. I'm only going to compare him to people who are worthy of him being compared to nothing has to do with the beef. If you're going to talk about resources, the same resources like Pharreal that Kendrick has access to, Cole has access to those same resources. So the ability to have this resource and know how to pick pick a beat, pick a hit, are you use people that are close to you? Yes, supercom So that is a talent thing. That's not a I would never disagree with you that. Okay, that a separate conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeahuse at that point, I even think he's done great with Cole's done great with Miguel and finally got that Achilles Hill. Often when he started to figure out how to make records with artists. I'm saying, just then, so.
Speaker 4: That was save it don't want to be saved, yes, but how long it is a fucking great hook?
Speaker 3: How long ago was that?
Speaker 2: Twenty fourteen?
Speaker 6: But he his focus was not to make target serious hits after Forest Hills.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, but it doesn't even have to be targets.
Speaker 6: Nor was nor was I mean, mister Morale, Like, what what played?
Speaker 2: Mister?
Speaker 6: I think all of them just stopped trying to do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, my wrong.
Speaker 6: Rory might have been right about the walle A Cold Thing.
Speaker 3: You said that wile A is a better rapper than j Cole. I do not agree with that that.
Speaker 2: I do not agree with that, but I think A specializes on that too. I think that I think I think it's closer than I thought it was. Hm hm okay, well things closer enough thought Everything is a Lot it's better than this j co album.
Speaker 4: But again, I think that's a song making yeah issue, I think that's more about songs while is also rapping to though for sure as always.
Speaker 2: Because I thought about that when I listened to Like, I thought about what Rory said, and I kind of like my knee jerk reaction was like what I Sayen a Lot, it might be closer than I thought it was. Wile is different, bro, it might it might, it might be closer than I thought.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to do the comparison thing on Everything a Lot is incredible.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I'm not. I hate to compare, but I'm just saying, like albums that we got this year, I'm just listening, yeah, for sure, you know what I mean. I remember how much I enjoyed listening to Everything is a Lot, and I'm just like he was rapping on that songs was dope, production was dope. Wiley to me, as far as lyricists is one of my favorite song makers period. It's just a lot of close. I'm not gonna say he raps better than Cold. It's a lot closer than I thought it was, because I mean, by gave Rory shit about that when he first said that, I was kind of like, you trip, you're saying a lot they're different.
Speaker 6: It might be close.
Speaker 4: While they can rap his ass, I wish more people knew just how much he can rap his ass off.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with you.
Speaker 1: He can rap his as, he could make hooks, he could make bridges, he could make melodies.
Speaker 2: Well, we always knew while it was dope. But I'm just saying like, and listening will tell you that he could do Yeah, while they will not be shy about telling you how dope if you didn't know, But yeah, after listening to this cold joint and then you know coming off everything is a lot. Yeah, it might be closer than I thought. That's all so I got to give you. I'm not gonna give you flowers, Roy, I'm gonna just give you divis. That's what you said, one day I'll give you the vase, and one day I'll get.
Speaker 1: Some flowers die anyways, may be replaced to another flower is vase of os It's it could be like data and data. It's like it's either New England Versusary everga got it, Yeah, however you put it there.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we did a pretty fair breakdown. Honestly, I was a little scared. I think that it's gonna be working.
Speaker 4: No, when I was, I was a little scared coming into work because I thought I was. I literally thought I was gonna have to fight more like I thought I was gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to give you. Why do you think you why because you'd be making you'll be saying some ship sometimes.
Speaker 4: But I think that your breakdown of the album was very objective, very fair, and I think.
Speaker 2: A lot of people with the ind then that says, I do not hate J Cole. I know they try to paint it like I hate Cole because I don't man like only P does.
Speaker 6: By the clips, I just I don't hate J Cole. I'm a jake.
Speaker 2: I argued with niggas in the barber shop about J Cole before, like y'all bug it. This niggas nice. I fucked with j Cole. I just didn't like his decision and what happened. But that's you know whatever. But it is water under the bridge.
Speaker 4: But I think that I think that everybody gave an objective fair and a lot I think a lot of people echo our sentiment. So I want to say shout out to us because and and.
Speaker 1: To close, uh per usual Eve and call you guys do the best marketing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: You know what, Cole, if you're listening, you're not listen to listen.
Speaker 6: Oh no, he listened. He listens to this. He listening.
Speaker 2: I can't joke the problem. Nobody can't joke no more. Man death.
Speaker 1: The podcast was when we could, Cole, I love you. Every word we say has to be around.
Speaker 3: Appreciate, We appreciate.
Speaker 6: We'll say, oh, thank you this podcast.
Speaker 3: This if this was your last album, like hey, with.
Speaker 2: My camera, Hey, Cole, let me tell you what this better than not be it better not be your last album. You cannot go out like this. Ain't no fucking way. He can't.
Speaker 1: This ain't his last album, no way. And he kind of alluded to it, like my lawless twenty four tracks. This still would not be his I don't believe this last.
Speaker 6: This ain't his last.
Speaker 3: If this is your last project, I just want to say thank you for this is your.
Speaker 2: Last album, lost you, I swept in the finals. You cannot go out like this. Fuck it, I said it, and I fuck with Cold. But that's why I can say what I say because I funk with him. You can't go out like this, he said, no, you don't you think with Cold?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: That's the problem. I feel like if you funk with somebody, you can only say good things like why you can't just be real?
Speaker 4: I'm not friend. I'm gonna let you know, like, Bro, that wasn't it? Go back in there, cook up that ship, all right?
Speaker 2: Cole?
Speaker 4: If this, if this is your last album, I want to say thank you so much for everything that you have given us over the course of your.
Speaker 2: Okay, But if it is, you're giving talk, give an obituary. This is not his last album. I promise you, this is not. I hate it here. He got way too much more shit to talk about, way too much more suit to talk about in his last album.
Speaker 4: I would like for you to release more songs about being an avoidant commitment fold because Legacy is perfect. Everyone like to hear him talk about more being an avoidant commitment fold like those songs like Legacy, like you know, I really want to be in love with you, but like the holes, but like I'm gonna hit you up after the fall though like that. I need more more cold songs like that. People to send me at three o'clock in the morning. You know how that be type ship? But thank you Cold, thank you so much, and you say to.
Speaker 6: What to cold?
Speaker 2: I look forward to the next album. Same, I look forward to the next one. This ain't the last one. I would like a fall off hoodie. If anyone from dream Ville is listening.
Speaker 6: Why don't you going go on the website?
Speaker 2: Dann got them? I don't.
Speaker 4: I didn't know they were for sale. I just saw the influencers getting a lot of the influencers got them like they were sent. It was like special merch that was sent.
Speaker 2: That's what I was. They probably got it early, but I'm sure that's they're gonna s I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll go buy what never mine?
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, well.
Speaker 2: Now we wait ride my bike to go get one over there.
Speaker 3: Almost started a fire as she has hands.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, man, do you have a release date for us? Since you damned their guest this one?
Speaker 1: I said the release date, I said, Iceman this Friday. What mam said when you said he laughed at me?
Speaker 6: Iceman this Friday.
Speaker 4: Do you guys have any comments about the drake leak? I didn't mean to do my hands like that about the drake leak on the day of the fall Off release.
Speaker 6: I didn't hear it. But whatever it is, it ain't on Iceman. I can tell you that.
Speaker 2: It's just the always he said. You heard it here first. None of what y'all are hearing on the internet is on Iceman. I can promise you that it's not none of that ship and we'll find out on Friday.
Speaker 3: The album is not coming on Friday.
Speaker 2: Hell no, I don't think Iceman is coming on Friday. All right, Well, we wait and see whole world Iceman. How much? All right? How much time do you think or what in between of the album that he's gonna let the code shit breathe.
Speaker 6: Or I know when the album is coming out? Of course I'm not saying it, but I know.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna say it, and you haven't told me anything. I guess I'm trying to like get is it gonna be a long time or is it gonna kind of be a good time. It may cost you a little, it may cost you a lot, but it will cost you It's.
Speaker 6: Gonna be a good time.
Speaker 2: Rory. That's all. That's all we need to know. Man, everybody listen, man, enjoy, do some.
Speaker 6: Col shit and drive my mother's Masda up to Toronto for the release.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's a fun drive. I don't know if the Masia make it.
Speaker 1: You've never done the Toronto Drive? Have I ever done the Montreal one? That's a different of course, I've done in Toronto drive.
Speaker 6: Toronto's this way. Montreal is straight up.
Speaker 2: I've done the Toronto Drive.
Speaker 6: That's a fun drive.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: Drive up.
Speaker 6: Doesn't want to pack up in the no But enjoy the Cope album. Enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: Let's enjoy that album. Shout out to Don Tolliver. Incredible project, that octane album. Don Tolliver. Hey, listen, man, I'm a go ahead and say it, Don Toliver us better than Playboy CARDI you heard it here first speech clip it I agree. I think are trying to tell me Playboy Cartier is. I think that's who Dante push back here. I've seen him go on and perform before Bad Bunny in front of I don't know how many thousands of people and tore that ship down. This octane album add to the discography of Don Tolliver. I don't think he's missing this discography yet. This album is just Don Tolliver album is crazy.
Speaker 6: I gotta listen. I also have to listen to the Lama album.
Speaker 2: Yesal no Shade to Playboy Cardi, but I think that how they were trying to sell me on Cardi and I can't really like get it, Like, I don't understand it.
Speaker 6: I think that's who Donte.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll say shade like, I don't even think it's comparable as far as talent level.
Speaker 4: But that's just me and may be trying to say this because we old niggas, but I don't think so, because when they put me on the NBA Young Boy, I'm like, nah, I get why y'all like this young boy. I still don't get.
Speaker 2: That Shorty sent me. I'll be in the I know the neighbors is like, yo, who is who lived there? Because I'll be in there playing that ship. I'll be playing me a young boy, like I'm a young boy, wouldn't be a younger. But yeah, that down to all our teane. I'm right, that's that's That album is incredible.
Speaker 6: I love that project.
Speaker 1: And we can close shout out to Brittany Runner. She's now a Christian. Yeah, but what episode?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I be liking my niggas too, Like if I had to, if I sucked around ran into a Muslim, I might Moslim.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 4: I might you a Muslim, now I might, I might covert, Like I'll be liking my niggas.
Speaker 2: Too, So if you were a Muslim, you have to you have to what she did and then she left mm hmm a baton rouge legend and then became Christian. Whatever the she's with. Yeah, I love it, man, Just let love live. Let love Jesus.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let love die. Nah nah not, I I'm staying around. Let love fly.
Speaker 2: There you go, you know what I'm saying. That's it right there, that's the clo. I'm not nigga, He's just ginger peace. No Worrian no,