Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move. I'm popsuing you alongside Scarlett Fuh. We're joined by Bloomberg's Christina Christine. What are you looking at?
Speaker 1: Well, we got to take a look at Oracle, Paul, because that was at the epicenter of last week's very turmoil in stocks in general. But yeah, today it's doing quite well, so ticker o RCL. Those shares are merely two percent at the moment, just keeping along with the rally in the rest of the equity complex here. But all is not in the clear because looking at the credit space for Oracle, their credit default swaps, so this is the cost of protecting against the potential default in Oracle. That rose to the highest in more than three years. So that means that people are still demanding that protection. And you know, it really is still all about the questions over how are these companies going to fund their aideals? And for Oracle specifically, it's credit rating is actually weaker than Microsoft or alphabet, and this is why it's becoming a bit of a barometer for just risk in the market, at least when it comes to all these credit questions. And by the way, this last week that costs Larry Ellison's net worth to go down one hundred and thirty billion dollars, so you know, he's briefly the world's richest person in September. But yeah, not anymore.
Speaker 2: Fairly or unfairly.
Speaker 1: The credit market has picked on Oracle as the way to perhaps hedge against or maybe even bet against the whole aid.
Speaker 3: I think the reason I just looked at the FA function on the Bloomberg Remote Financial Analysis, the net debt to ebath dosbout four times on a trailing basis, maybe three point eight on a forward basis. That's very high for techs the standards, it's rare something north of one or two. So to be at that level, that's kind of what I think, and it stands in contrast to the rest of the tech industry that is r exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about yeah alphabet, so that is on a positive end of the tech spectrum, of course, leading those gains those shares took her goog l up now five point nine percent and really leading the rally also hit a record high earlier today, and you know, still very much coasting off of the rave reviews for its latest Gemini AI model. And also remember last week, so the Information was reporting that Opening I CEO Sam Amo was apparently telling recent colleagues that their progress, or Alphabet's progress in the AI space could actually quote create some temporary economic headwinds for our company. So Open AI feeling a little bit of competition from Alphabet here. And you know, very interesting though, because Bloomery Intelligence did some analysis and they found that regardless, you know, despite of all these pauses for Alphabet the company, their extras returns a year to date are still the weakest amost investment grade tech piers. But perhaps given the reviews for their new Gemini model, dot Com could change the tide a little bit here.
Speaker 3: I think Gemini is basically the only way I really deal with AI.
Speaker 1: But it's good because you rely on Google searches and it pops up right away and.
Speaker 3: It's very good. But what I do notice is I don't click on many links, so the ad model for them, I would think would be a risk. But people like man Deep seing saying no, it's not it's okay. And the stocks at an all time high.
Speaker 1: So tych advertisers, they're not happy about it, I know, but I.
Speaker 3: Mean Google stock all time high, so I guess they're figuring it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are happy at least I'm a Gemini guy. Ok, yeah, I can senteen senteen yeah, so took her. A CNC Joe chair is also doing all this morning, up more than seven percent. And now, so this is a health insurer, right, And of course we got that report from Politico saying that the White House is apparently expected to propose a two year extension of Obamacare subsidies with new limits on eligibility. EMMA is now also reporting that President Donald Trump is expected to announce a general framework to address healthcare costs and spikes in ACA insurance premium scenting of course offering healthcare plans under the ACA marketplace, so potentially go use for them there.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube. Bloomberg dot com and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.