Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hall of Famers Steve Young a little bit later on and the great country music artist Darius Rucker will join us as well. We have football coming up tonight. It's the Falcons and the Eagles, and the Falcons are getting five and a half. This was probably a month ago when we talked about there are certain teams they're not even interesting. I'm not saying they're not good, they're bad, but they're not interesting. Sometimes you can have a team that is not very good, but they might have a star player. They could be interesting for whatever reason. And like the Giants aren't really relevant. They're not interesting. I mean we watched because we probably watched to see what Dan you know, Daniel Jones is going to do or not do. Carolina is not good. They're not even interesting. I feel bad when I'm watching Bryce Young. I don't know if he can play or not. I don't know if he's going to get the chance anytime soon. But there are a few teams and we threw the Saints in there a month ago. We're like, I've kind of seen this a set that was his hot take that Dennis Allen would be the first coach fired. You know, we've seen Derek Carr, Alvin Kamara. Okay, but not really interesting, great fan base, cool uniforms, blah, there's nothing there.
Speaker 1: Not interesting.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, you know, the Minnesota Vikings with JJ McCarthy, we thought, all right, they're going to be interesting. Are they going to be good? They do have Justin Jefferson. And then all of a sudden, we're going, all right, you got Sam Darnold, you'll be a bridge quarterback. Now all of a sudden, you're watching the Vikings differently. Now all of a sudden, you're watching the New Orleans Saints differently. Now I get it. First week, Vikings beat the Giants, No one cares. Then they win yesterday against the Niners. No, I know, no, Christian McAffrey. Still, I know you're going cross country earlier time game, you know, time zone game four. I get all those things. The Vikings still got the win yesterday. And then the Saints go on the road to Dallas. Because their first game of the season, they dominated forty seven points against Carolina. That doesn't really count. Now you go to Dallas and you put up forty four points on that defense. Okay, now you have our attention. So I was curious about, you know, the over unders for win totals the Saints. As of today, the over under is ten and a half wins. How about that same roster pretty much as you had last year, same coach, same quarterback, same Alvin Kamara, healthier. And then I was curious about the Vikings over under eight and a half. All right, so these are these perception wins. You go on the road, that you go up against the team that went to the Super Bowl and you pick up a win. Now, all of a sudden, we're looking at the Vikings and Saints differently. And I know it's only two weeks, but this is what we do. You got people, Hey, Saints playoffs, it's two games. Let's wait a little bit here. How about we wait for four like the over under should be four games before we make a declaration.
Speaker 3: Is that fair?
Speaker 2: I know it's not hot take ish, but can we wait four games? Tom Brady said, Hey, first four games were always kind of the preseason for us. Granted, you had the greatest coach and greatest quarterback, so you had a little bit of an advantage there.
Speaker 1: Like the Bengals, Bengals are zero and two.
Speaker 2: Could have easily won that game yesterday, and I thought that for the most part, they were the better team. But you know, give credit they Kansas City finds a way to win, while most teams find a way to lose.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not ready to make a declaration on the Bengals that they're not going to be good this year. Get T Higgins back. They got to figure out this Jamar Chase situation. But they do have talent. They have a really good quarterback. But you're in a division that you're not quite sure. Like Baltimore loses at home, now they go to Dallas. The Raiders come in there and beat Baltimore. In Baltimore Pittsburgh. They can't score touchdowns, but they can keep you from scoring touchdowns. They're two to zero, They've scored one offensive touchdown. Mike Tomlin can still coach. And you know, the Browns got to win a big win beat Jacksonville. So now all of a sudden, you're going, all right, let me handicap this division. I have no idea zero And I want to say to Sean McVay, if you're not watching the show or listening to the show. You should have, because what did I tell you, Sean, The Cardinals are going to go to Marvin Harrison June, You're the third many many many times to start the game.
Speaker 1: And what happened. They went to Marvin.
Speaker 2: Harrison Junior the third many many times because they didn't go to him in week one, and I thought, boy, they are going to go to him right off the bat, and they did. Here's Kyler Murray on Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 4: True cold plays. I'm try just trying to go with there and execute obviously, you know. I mean, I've played for a long time. You want to get your you want to get your guys and ball early, you know, so they can feel like they're in the game, get them going, get their juices flowing.
Speaker 1: It's like we did a great job.
Speaker 5: That's aday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not really rocket science. It's that guy's really good. We drafted him really high. We should probably throw him the ball, ready break, that's it. And then I tried to warn Sean McVay, Sean, they're going to go to Marvin Harrison. And then now, granted they went to him early, they didn't go to him often because after the first quarter basically the numbers he put up in the first quarter. But that was enough. And now the Rams you don't have your two best receivers. The over under for the Rams is now as of today this morning, DraftKings seven and a half wins. There were some experts who thought they could win that division. Now, granted they can still win the division a late push like they had last year, but you start to look at these teams. You know, the Dolphins over under his eight and a half now, same as the Packers. Now the Packers, you know, some people thought that they could go to the super Bowl this year. Malik Willis did a good enough job yesterday. That's all you were asking. Granted you're facing the Colts, but you know you take care of the football. The Texans over under after last night's win eleven and a half. So this is the reaction that we have. This is real time reaction of are they going to be good? Are you going to if these are stocks? Are you buying into these stocks? Which of these stocks would you say yep, all in on that. If I said the Saints ten and a half, I don't know if anybody in this room is going yep, I'm gonna take the Saints, Marvin, Are you you look like you're poised to say you are.
Speaker 3: With Drew Brees, Reggie Bush.
Speaker 1: Now you're Thomas. No, No, they're not there anymore, not there anymore.
Speaker 3: They're going ten and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're going over No I'm still going Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 2: Texans. You would find people go yeah, I'll take them. I'm still fading them. But they're a really good team. They didn't play great. Put a lot of pressure on Caleb Williams. Once again, it always comes back to with these quarterbacks, do they have time to throw? I don't care who you are. If you don't, you're not going to be good. Caleb Williams, they went after him. They went after him. Bryce Young there, that's the season. That's why it's going to be. They're just they're coming after you if you can't block. And you know, we all thought, okay, the Bears upgraded their offensive line.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you're.
Speaker 2: Going against a couple of pretty good edge rushers Danelle Hunter will Anderson. By the way, Daneielle Hunter is maybe the most underrated, really good player in the NFL. Because of his first name. There's people like the guy Hunter is pretty good, is it Danielle No, it's Daniel Hunter because he put up some big numbers when he was in Minnesota. But you're watching last night and you're going, yeah, he's still pretty good. But you got to give these quarterbacks time. And if you don't, I don't, you could be Tom Brady Mahomes. I mean even Mahomes was under pressure quite a bit. Max Crosby, God, I love him. He just never stops. You talk about hurries getting in the backfield, and it felt like he was. He was on the first name basis with Lamar. Yesterday. Andy'd be like, hey, Max, Hey Lamar. Just about every play he was getting in there and had an impact there.
Speaker 1: Hurries, to me are the most important things.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: We pay people because of sacks.
Speaker 2: If you hurry a quarterback, it's the same thing Aiden Hutchinson yesterday, first quarter against Baker Mayfield Junior the third And I said this on Friday, I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa Bay won that game, and for no other reason than they probably shouldn't.
Speaker 1: But Tampa Bay was a better team.
Speaker 2: Now, Detroit had a couple of bad you know, Jared Goff, a couple of bad picks, but Tampa made him throw bad picks, and Baker Mayfield doubt him at your peril because he just that's a chip on his shoulder that is never leaving. And it feels like every single game is a referendum on the Browns made a mistake and Tampa got a great bargain there. And you saw that yesterday. But the game coming up tonight. College football wise, Georgia escapes Kentucky, arch Manning come on down. He looked awesome. Alabama rolled Wisconsin. I thought South Carolina would win outright against LSU when they were up seventeen. See, there's certain things that are etiquette. Don't text me during a game. Now nobody from the dan Nets did. I'm saying my friends who were saying, hey, I loaded up. I took him out right, I took the money line. Awesome, and then all of a sudden they end up losing. LSU comes back from seventeen down. Couple of a couple of bad call well, I'll say a questionable roughing the passer call that took back a pick six.
Speaker 1: South Carolina. They had it.
Speaker 2: They were a better team. But LSU comes back to in that one Florida is already doing the math on Billy Napier's buyout.
Speaker 3: It's mid September.
Speaker 2: You already have the toughest schedule in college football. They did a commercial on the on the jumbo tron where Billy Napier, I think, did something for anti smoking. He's the head coach at Florida, and as soon as he came up, the fans started booing like they were pro cancer.
Speaker 1: Their favorite smoking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're in favor of smoking. We're pro nicotine. Man, they're booing their coach. He's running off the field. Gosh, that's a bad situation. Bad situation when all of a sudden you go, okay, if they pay and let's say you owe me twenty six million dollars, do you go to twenty six boosters and say can I get Can I you up for a millionaire?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm in for a million. Yeah you yeah, I'm in for a million. What about you? Oh, I'm in for two million. I want to make sure that he's going like, I don't know how that works where you go around the room to go we got to raise twenty six million dollars, like you know, Jimbo Fisher all in favor of putting up five million. Oh got okay, all right, okay, I think they owe Billy Napier like twenty six like they had it down to the penny. That's not a good sign. Hey, here's a rough estimate. No, no, it's twenty five million, yes, ton And if.
Speaker 7: You had to do a fundraiser that would pipe be off campus, right, that would be a little appropriate to.
Speaker 1: Doing it right there in the middlement. Join is tonight for a fundraiser to buy out our heads? Cut tent right in the center in the grass, big dunk tank.
Speaker 8: Spaghetti dinner, yeah, fish fry, yeah, yes, fish.
Speaker 1: It's actually worse.
Speaker 9: And you think Billy Napier's got a contract with Florida through twenty twenty eight and they owe him fifty one point eight million dollars if he's fired, about cause he could get eighty five percent of that. But what they do is these coaches give you a friendly buyout so they can go onto their next thing.
Speaker 1: But yes, it is, yes, it is. Uh seton.
Speaker 2: You have a poll question today, Give me just one because then we'll have a few more after.
Speaker 8: The break, all right, Yeah, we'll give you just one. Then we're going to start with the most surprising two and oh team. Okay, your options are the Stallers Steelers. Steelers are surprising two and oh, Like you said, they only have one touchdown through two games.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, not surprising. They're two and oh surprising of how they're two and oh Yeah, yeah, okay, all right, Vikings, Okay, that's a good team. Yeah, Chargers, Yeah, look, Chargers, they're running the football. They're running the football, okay, with an enthusiasm unlike unknown. Yeah.
Speaker 8: The Saints at two and oh that surprised me. Mmmm okay, and your Seattle Seahawks. That's a surprising two and oh. You know who we're going to hear from soon. You guys writing Shay and Irving after the Cowboys Longs.
Speaker 2: Pretty much set my watch to that that he should be calling in and complaining about his Cowboys. All right, we're just getting started, as we always do every Monday. Best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked you didn't like? Steve Young in an Hour from Now, the Hall of Famer, and Darius Rucker, who gave us a rendition of wagon Wheel with the College Game Day, Nick Saban singing along, dancing that's his karaoke song. So Darius, the Dolphins make him cry, and so does South Carolina because Darius did not have a good week with the Dolphins in Tua and also South Carolina. But he'll join us a little later on. We're taking a break back after this. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock Act.
Speaker 10: Hey, we're Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to.
Speaker 1: Seven pm Eastern. But here's the thing.
Speaker 10: We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get.
Speaker 11: To, and that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you blubber Liam and me, Well, you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 11: Well, it's a Cavino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised.
Speaker 10: Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promised and also Uncensored, by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time.
Speaker 11: There you go, over Promising. Remember you could see it on YouTube. Le join us listen over Promised with Cavino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: My New Orleans Saints, they scored forty seven points in Week one.
Speaker 1: They had forty four in Week two.
Speaker 2: They have ninety one points so far, most points by a team in the first two games of a season in fifteen years. By the way, if you go back to Week eighteen of last year, my Saints scored forty eight, So they've had forty seven, forty four and forty eight in their last three games. Stat of the day, stat of the day, that bus, stat of the day, stat of the day.
Speaker 1: Here comes that what stat of the day.
Speaker 2: Here's Alvin Kamara the Saints running back on Derek Carr's success.
Speaker 12: For him to come out and perform, like it almost feels better for me seeing that than you know, me getting the success because I know how.
Speaker 1: Hard he works in.
Speaker 12: I know, you know, the city's been hard on them. You're coming in, you're trying to feel the suze. Drew Brees has been you know, that guy for so long, and I mean that's that's hard for anyone to do. But you know, I think Derek's he's taking on the challenge. He's working hard, and he just wants to lead, you know. So you know we're following the leader.
Speaker 2: Okay, play follow the leader here. Hey, everything's great so far. It's just you know, you get to like week nine, and all of a sudden, there's finger pointing at some of these places.
Speaker 1: Not pretty. The Giant situation.
Speaker 2: Now, once again, I did think they were going to be better than they were last year.
Speaker 13: Hmm.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wait two more games and then I'll make my declaration there. But they could have won the game. I mean, these rookie quarterbacks haven't really done anything if you look at the stats. So they're going against Jaden Daniels. So Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, and Bo Nicks have combined for zero passing touchdowns, they have three rushing touchdowns, they have six interceptions, and their quarterback rating is sixty four.
Speaker 13: Stell of a.
Speaker 1: Day, Stanlea Day, Stantava Day, Stannata Day. This is the stant.
Speaker 8: Of the Day.
Speaker 2: Saturday Day, Roger buym pen in the America the official trading cards of this program. With Jayden Daniels, I get the feeling the way I did with RG three. An incredible talent, but it feels like he is either going to be Rookie of the Year he's going to be on the IR because the way he's built, Uh, he can't take many hits. He's dynamic. Cato Williams got hit a lot last night. You know you got to live to see another play. That's the best advice I think you could give a rookie quarterback is if it's not there, it's not you know, you're not facing Utah State, like you have to be able to take a loss. Or at least get throw the ball away live to see another play. You can try to improvise. There's one mahomes.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to be. Everybody thinks they can be, but they're not. And you see this with rookie quarterbacks. They hold on because they did that in high school and they did that in college, and they're able to improvise. You can't get rid of it. Go into a fetal position, you know, go down, don't get hit, don't get hurt. No update on a TUA, either good or bad. Update on that. I know he did come out and say that he still plans on playing, which that's not the person I want to hear from. I would expect him to say that, and he just had a concussion. Financially he has to say that. But I don't know when the official designate nation comes out or you know what, what the prognosis is going to be, how much time he's going to miss. But as of this morning, there was nothing in there good or bad.
Speaker 1: All right, poll.
Speaker 2: Question, Seaton is the two and o team that you most surprising?
Speaker 1: We could have a lot of two and oh zero and two okay, okay, all right?
Speaker 8: We could also just throw out there, are the Steelers good this year? Are the Steelers good?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say this, and I don't know if this is a Fritzian comp out. They're not. They're not bad, but they're not good. I didn't say that. I'm saying they're not bad. I don't know if I'm saying they're good. I'm just saying they're not bad.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, I like nuance in a discussion. Thank you, this is good.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Yes, Paul, could you make the case that if they bring Russell Wilson back when he's healthy, Russell Wilson could walk into a team that's two and o, two and one, three and zero and make his job a lot easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Could you also make the case that that is the worst case scenario for Russell Wilson walking into a team that's.
Speaker 2: Correct if they're three, if they're three and one, I don't know if Russ gets to walk back in.
Speaker 1: Is this your you don't pull fields until they lose? Probably? Yeah, right, probably?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, as long as he doesn't put the ball on the ground, as long as he doesn't make mistakes. I mean, would I like to see a little more offense because they the highly touted Arthur Smith coming in that was going to change their fortunes. Now, maybe he's better for Russ than he is for Justin Fields, but.
Speaker 1: They did win.
Speaker 2: See, once again, we forget about these wins later in the year when you're going you gotta win that game. Well, you win these games where you probably didn't deserve to win, you know, Green Bay, you kind of carve it out. It might not be pretty. This game Pittsburgh and Denver wasn't pretty, but you won the game.
Speaker 1: That's what you gotta have.
Speaker 2: Win those games when they're ugly, and winning them now takes, you know, a way, a little bit of that pressure later on, Yes, Todd, in the weeks ahead, Steelers.
Speaker 7: Host the Chargers, the two and oh Chargers, they are at the Colts, they host the Cowboys, and then they visit the Raiders.
Speaker 3: That was the next four games with Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: That's not easy at all. I mean they might go two and two and that baby goes well, it all goes well. Yeah, who else is uh so the two and oh?
Speaker 1: So the Steelers aren't bad, is my answer? Okay are they? Well?
Speaker 8: Okay, let's do the let's just run down. Is this team good?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 8: Are the Seahawks good?
Speaker 3: Yes? They are? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah? Okay? Yeah? Oh you said that quick? Yea, Why do you say that?
Speaker 2: Just a feeling, just a got feeling that they got good running back.
Speaker 1: I think Gino has played really well.
Speaker 2: They got three good receivers, that home field advantage. Yeah, yeah, I think I think Seattle's a good team. The Saints, I'm not all in at ten and a half wins, but I mean that's a good win, a really good win to beat Dallas and the way they beat Dallas?
Speaker 8: Is it an anomaly that win? Where is it? Is it legit?
Speaker 2: But these are the same players that they had Lambs year for the most part, right, they're star players. Nothing changed.
Speaker 9: I guess are we playing legit or anomaly a new segment?
Speaker 1: I think we played that in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 8: We had power or dour? Last week Yester week, we got legit or an anomaly.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Cowboys, Shaye and Irving joins us on the program.
Speaker 1: Damn it, say, Danny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been tricked it on taking advantage of hustled, bamboozled. This defense gave up six straight touchdowns. Danny Fish that's damn near I possible in the NFL. And Mike Cinemer hain't been a defensive coordinator since a freaking Obama administration. And here comes Jerry trying to be cute pull them out of retirement. Both our coaches were cast out, Danny unhable, forcing to the Bengo halls. But now they're in charge of our office and defense. This is not a serious organization. This is a failure of ethnic proportion.
Speaker 2: Okay, I told you before this season started, but you go, no, you know did they sign Everything's great? Like you do this to yourself?
Speaker 13: You want to be happy, Danny, w.
Speaker 1: Come, don't be a cowboy fan.
Speaker 6: How dare you? That's like telling me not to Breathe are telling me to turn into a fish. This is a curse I'm.
Speaker 1: Born with Now the Longhorns look one.
Speaker 6: Okay, Longhorns look good. I won money, I'm still married, I'm still employed. Cowboys got raced.
Speaker 3: Disgusting.
Speaker 6: This embarrassing Danny, the way they did it just I mean, Zim was brought in to stop the run. Alm Kamara ran for a freaking marathon. Disgusted Danny, But.
Speaker 1: You got the Ravens next at home.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank god. Yeah, another great Sunday for see, here we go.
Speaker 2: Once again. You can you can jump ship? You can you know, hit the ejector button. You could have done that years ago, Danny.
Speaker 6: If I could like go into a time portal, yes, and make my parents fall in love with Jesus Christ in a different state than I would. But I don't control that, Danny, God does. Okay, that ain't me.
Speaker 9: Yes, Paul Shaye, how about this, Will Ray expunge your record as a sports Well, he's got a lot of records sports. You get a one time chance to switch allegiances to the Texans.
Speaker 6: No, I hate you some trash city, awful good football. No it's not. This is stop everybody saw. I'm a Cowboys praying. I'm born and raised in Irby, Texas. This is a cross out.
Speaker 13: Bear.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the rest of your day.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Danny, I did think about night, you're gonna be You're gonna sound surprised here. I did think about going to Shay's yesterday to watch the Cowboys against the Saints. Okay, if you do wear a GoPro, I think I'm gonna have to wear more than that or bring something. But I thought you know what they're gonna win. I don't want to see the Cowboys play poorly. And there I'm with Shay. You know, I thought maybe they play well everybody's it's fun. But then it's like having him mode over for dinner. I still have to have him and his wife over for dinner because they invited me and I went over there a while ago. I just never know when would be Like, let's say I had dinner tonight with Shay and his wife.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be good.
Speaker 2: So I now I have to kind of base this off of who are the Cowboys playing that Sunday?
Speaker 1: And how will he be during the week?
Speaker 3: Got share for the bye week? I think there?
Speaker 2: Thank you Tod. When is the bye week? So I can invite Shae and his wife over? Can we find that out? We'll get some phone calls here, and so that's the pole question. The two and zero team with anybody else?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 1: The Vikings?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: You have them in there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we have the Vikings in there. Are they a good team?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think they're a good too.
Speaker 3: They're a good team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they got justin Jefferson.
Speaker 8: Are the Chargers a good team?
Speaker 1: I think they are because I think they have a good game plan. How's that? I like what Harbaugh's doing.
Speaker 2: Now, if you're a Justin Herbert fan in fantasy, you may not be getting those numbers that you like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Pauline, but Justin Herbert, he goes fourteen for twenty two touchdowns. It's not pretty as far as like, oh, three hundred and fifty yards, but he's what he was getting three seventy five in a long No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take one thirty in a win. Yeah. I don't know if he well, I'm sure he'll take the win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean these guys love to have that thirty five touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Yes, Todd, you'll.
Speaker 7: Get at week seven in mid October for the bye week with the okay, starting with Thursday, October seventeenth games.
Speaker 1: Okay, so mid October for Shay and his wife to come in.
Speaker 9: Would you rather have a bye week or play the Panthers? By the way, you get rested, But you play the Panthers and you build morale. You just put thirty seven on them.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: The Panthers are going They're gonna win a couple of games this year, and they may do it accidentally. It maybe teams lose a game to the Panthers. They may not win it, but somebody may lose it. I'll bet the over under is three and a half. Now, maybe two and a half of the Panthers, I mean they do play the Broncos.
Speaker 1: Face. Yeah take that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got no comeback.
Speaker 1: No, no, you don't know. You were at home.
Speaker 7: It took them until ten forty two left in the fourth quarter to get on the scoreboard in their home.
Speaker 1: Opener, and now it's them, not us, and what those people them.
Speaker 7: It's very sad when a team scores a touchdown only and you think that might be all they.
Speaker 1: Need to win the game.
Speaker 3: In the fourth quarter.
Speaker 7: Yeah, shout out, until ten forty two left in the fourth home opener.
Speaker 8: Tad's gonna remember ten forty two in the fourth quarter for the next fifteen years. He'll be able to cite that exact time.
Speaker 2: All right, let me take a break, got our play of the day coming up, and then we got phone calls as well. We're back after this. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern sixty nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 6: Oh go on.
Speaker 3: Of the day.
Speaker 5: What's my God? Play?
Speaker 1: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 13: Check this out.
Speaker 2: Darnold under center play action to Jones, back to pass bos have picked up deep.
Speaker 6: Shot Jefferson, Yeah, fifty pick what to the forty to the pretty fine take to the right.
Speaker 1: He's trying to out run the Niners to the fundown.
Speaker 2: At your Play of the Day courtesy of Kfan Vikings Radio Network. Sam Darnald is one of two active quarterbacks with two career touchdown passes of ninety plus yards. I'll let you guys think about who is the other quarterback. Play of the Day. Play of the Day brought to you by Rapid Radios, our newest sponsor instant push to talk walkie talkies offering national LTE coverage, no subscriptions, no monthly fees, a great alternative to a mobile phone for your kids. Go to rapid radios dot com sign up for We're up to sixty percent off and free shipping. The other quarterback to throw two touchdown passes of ninety or more yards. So Sam Darnald is one of two Marvin Randall cunning out No, no active players one of two active players. I missed the active part, Yes you did. I was gonna say Warren active. Okay, Oh glad, I wouldn't go first on that, I know. Oh wait, okay. Active player. Darnold is one up to active quarterbacks with two career touchdown passes of ninety or more. Yarns Seaton, Uh Rock Party, Oh come on, no, damn it.
Speaker 1: Paul Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: No, Todd Aaron Rodgers, No, dak Prescott, Dakota Dakota, Dakota Prescott Junior the third too. Yeah, but was it a ten yard pass? Well, it could have been, could have been absolutely, They say any other. Oh, here's Kevin O'Connell, the Viking's head coach, on Sam Donald.
Speaker 14: Sam Donald against his former team. You know, just the amount of work that goes into that position on your quarterback journey when everybody decides that you cannot play. We always believed in him and felt awesome to watch.
Speaker 1: Him go do that thing.
Speaker 14: So I'm really proud of Sam Darnold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coach sounds a little emotional there, and good for Sam. It feels like Sam's been twenty six for about six years, maybe he's down twenty seven.
Speaker 15: Yes, Marvin, is this the first time in his career that he's had a real shot, like with a real team around him. It seems like he's always been kind of behind the eight ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would say.
Speaker 2: I mean, you go to the line of scrimmage and you got Justin Jefferson. Now you have an advantage, give him time, and you know he's a better athlete than you think. Sneaky athletic, but yeah, he's got he's got some weapons there, and you got an offensive minded.
Speaker 1: Head coach as well. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Paulie says there's a state specific pole question, but well, wait a minute. Didn't we have issues with states on Friday or Thursday?
Speaker 1: We did?
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, we're determining Midwest. Who was in the Midwest and who wasn't?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 8: All right, Okay, that debate, by the way, raged on this weekend, very active on my social media, very active.
Speaker 2: I was kind of offended that you guys wanted to kick Ohio to the curb and not include them in the Midwest. I think it was a little league that did that. Yeah, damn. Eleven year olds or twelve year olds, punks. Yeah, look at a map. Pick all right, So what's the state specific poll question? State specific from Paul?
Speaker 8: Florida team that has the biggest issues the Miami Dolphins, the Florida Gators, or the Florida State.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and is this and all the above?
Speaker 1: Answer is that in there? You got to pick one.
Speaker 8: Oh boy, can't do it either. Neither either either.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Florida Gator's not good, not good and probably looking to buy out their coach. Florida State goes from undefeated to winless.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me look at the the Dolphins we had playoff hopes for again. But here's the thing with Tua, Like that's you have to look at the financial part of that as well. That if they have to pay him, he can't play again or you're gonna hold your breath for the rest of his career.
Speaker 1: You can get rid of a coach, but you got your quarterback.
Speaker 2: And I would say the Dolphins because of the uncertainty of Tua. I mean, you get rid of Billy Napier. Florida State will be back. Yeah, I'd say the Dolphins they're all I mean, the Gators gonna have to spend a lot of money. Florida State will be back. Yeah, I'd say Dolphins there, yes, Martin.
Speaker 3: All right, any replacements for Billy.
Speaker 1: Napier, Uh No, I'm not ready to do that yet.
Speaker 2: Sure yeah yeah, Lane Lane Kiffin, Oh, Lane would leave Ole Miss to go to Florida.
Speaker 3: They have a setizement right now.
Speaker 1: Now he's doing.
Speaker 2: He's fine, you think so, yes, yes, I mean you can make more money, I guess, But it's you want stability as much as you can control. You want stability. And it feels like he's doing a really good job. He's got a really good quarterback. He's having fun. He doesn't have that pressure like if old Miss wins nine to ten games, they're like, all right, you know, play competitive football. You know you're not gonna be Alabama and you're not gonna be Georgia.
Speaker 15: Yes, is lang Kiffin on scholarship. If ole Miss gets into the playoffs, sure, but a good four years. Maybe he's a good coach. Oh I never said no.
Speaker 1: I mean he's a good coach. I I wouldn't want to go to Florida.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for ole Miss.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 15: Ole Miss is the two seed, right behind Texas A and m in schools that desperately want to be great at football.
Speaker 1: Yes, Pauling.
Speaker 9: The Florida Gators have a stretch of games coming up at Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Texas, LSU, Old Miss. That is a brutal schedule for a good team.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a brutal schedule for a good team. It's a really, really brutal schedule for a bad team. Oh, very in Santa Fe. Very, best and worst of the weekend, Good.
Speaker 13: Morning Fellas, Good Morning chap Bro, best and worst of the weekend, Best Dan our yours and my jay.
Speaker 4: Cats.
Speaker 13: Jets, Jets, Jets. It's fascinating that every milecule in your body disdains the Jets, yet you have to root for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Worse to the weekend. National League MVP candidate from Cisco Lindor renches his back with the two weeks left in the wild card race with the Mets and Braves tied for third.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lindor's been great, by the way.
Speaker 2: Isaiah Pachecko, I think fractured fibula. I think that's not great. I think the report is fractured fibula. And I watched the game, and I think he was trying to come back in he I mean, it was one of those where he's running off the field and then I'm going, okay, I mean he should be back as tough as he is, but I think I think he's got a broken leg.
Speaker 1: Camp Pau. Yeah, twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 9: Ian Rappaport of NFL Network fractured fibula for isaamha check.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a big loss, man.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: They have no U nothing on timeline yet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know it even just as like a not even a Chiefs fan, but just as somebody who likes to watch the game. That's a He's just such an exciting player to watch. That really stinks.
Speaker 1: Gust In La, I guess welcome.
Speaker 5: Back good more than mister Patrick. I hope you and the boys had a great weekend. I mean, yeah, there's a lot of worse I could have, you know, taken hot, my Dodgers weren't looking too good and you know the Brave beating them down. You know, I mean, show hate may have hit a little bit of a wall here, but hey, great weekend of football, great weekend.
Speaker 6: In college pro.
Speaker 5: Seemed like it was like an upset Sunday the NFL.
Speaker 6: But when the Cowboys lose.
Speaker 5: America wins, and I mean, we cannot have no worse when the team they're home open or they pull out all the stops for the things to come marching in and then and then you know, Irving and Shaye and Irving, you know, blesses us all on a Monday morning with that. I mean, you know, I couldn't get my week to a better start if I had the laker growth in bed with me. Well, I mean, it's just incredible. So you boys have a great week. Take care. I'll see you all later.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Gus. Yeah, Cowboys lose, Gus has a great week. Doesn't matter what happens after that. Up beat the poll results. If you can Seeton for the first hour.
Speaker 8: I'll see to see if we've got some early results coming.
Speaker 2: Okay, because then we're gonna flip it in the final hour or the second hour.
Speaker 1: About the oh and two teams, let's.
Speaker 8: See right now, Yeah, we're gonna put that one up there. We did a quick five minute poll. Florida team that has the biggest issues right now. The Florida State Seminoles are absolutely destroying Yay, have no issues winning this poll question. They're at sixty five percent. Okay, that's tough. Steve Young, Hall of Famer, join us.
Speaker 1: Coming up. More of your phone calls.
Speaker 2: Darius Rucker a little later on after his performance on College Game Day. One hour in the books, Two more to go on this Monday, best and worst to the weekend. More phone calls coming up with Fritzie the Minister of Humor, Seaton, Marv Paully, Yours truly,