Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty, I'm Strong and Jack Katie and he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I see it being effective. Honestly, kids are very clever at getting around these and you know, I totally understand that, Like, what are you going to do if you're a platform and a twelve year old, fourteen year old signs up and says they're twenty five? Like, are you going to require ID from everyone who signs up for your platform?
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 2: If you take those platforms away, what they're going to do is find other platforms that are outside the bounds of what this law covers.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's somebody that's against the new Virginia law that limits miners to one hour of social media in a and this has a bit of can't do attitude. I thought there. I mean, I understand her point that it's going to be.
Speaker 4: Jen Golback, professor at the University of Maryland's College of Information.
Speaker 3: I understand that it's going to be difficult to do, but I don't like the dismissive. So let's not try anything attitude she seems to have.
Speaker 4: Boy, you're gonna hate this, then it's completely unworkable.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's very unworkable.
Speaker 4: And I think I would call it, and I hate to use the term publicity stunt, because I agree with you completely in principle. Governor Younkins signed amendment to the Consumer ed Ada Protection Act that bars miners under the age sixteen from using social media for more than an hour a day, while requiring parents to give verifiable consent if they want to increase or decrease the daily time limit, and platforms have to take a neutral approach to asking one's age to create account.
Speaker 1: Blap bavah.
Speaker 4: It's just there's no way to implement it logistically, but if it gets people talking about it. I'm generally against passing unenforceable laws because they we can respect for and come clients.
Speaker 1: For with all laws.
Speaker 3: Mostly that's the point that's mostly true, almost certainly true. But like I can think of one example we use all the time, nobody really enforces prostitution laws. We have them on the books, so it just doesn't get out of hand in cities all across America. Maybe this will be that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I was going to be like a constitutional hard ass, I'd say this is a ridiculous unenforceablah blah blah. But no. But the concern for young people is so incredibly important. It's and deep that I appreciate somebody trying something.
Speaker 3: So they always talk about social media and how damaging that is for young people. My kids, I don't think are on social media because they don't do TikTok, they don't have Instagram accounts.
Speaker 1: Facebook.
Speaker 3: Is texting considered social media? No, I don't think so. It's just texting with your friends.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's my boy connectedness. It's a cousin to it. My boys don't just they just don't have any interest in it. I mean they know I won't allow it, but they don't have any interest in it really either.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That reminds me of a couple of things. Number One, the absolute poster humans. They're not children for the online rot of humanity, have been singled out, they've been actually convicted of something. Their names should be household names, and parents should teach their teach their children don't be a these guys' names. I'll explain that in a minute second thing is some of the reactions coming into Mark Zuckerberg's interviews and speeches lately, in which he's said that soon most people's friends, most of their friends will be AI companions. And my favorite comment was, oh my god, the phenomenon that has brought isolation, depression, anxiety, and suicide upon humanity. The guy who brought us that in the biggest, you know, most commonly used forms is now explaining to us that it's a good thing and we should do it more. The arsonist has become the fireman great? What ever happened to him? Fight in Elon? I wanted them to fight.
Speaker 3: I want I want Elon to sit on Zuckerberg on television pay per view.
Speaker 4: I or choke him out. Yeah, yeah, I don't. I have not been working the just a Titans fight beat. He just brought up Zuckerberg in something my own, why can't? I was just thinking, in what way can he get punched in the face? And I think and probably be the best way to go about it. But are you would all familiar with the story of the beloved sycamore gap tree in Britain.
Speaker 1: No, this is a.
Speaker 4: Hundreds of years old sycamore tree that is perfectly framed by two little hills by the ruins of Hadrian's Wall that was a Roman era wall in Northumberland and Northeast England.
Speaker 1: Think I have come across this before.
Speaker 4: It actually is featured in one of the robin Hood movies, robin Hood Prince of thieve Eaves as a symbol of the region.
Speaker 1: Is that the n robin Hood I think it is? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, In fact, yeah, there it is, nineteen ninety one movie with Kevin Costner. Yeah, but so not the Andre the Giant robin Hood Princess Brian. Right, that's kind of Is that a robin Hood, That's not robin Hood. No, it's different men in tights but different Okay, shares themes?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Anyway? Where was I? Oh?
Speaker 4: Now, as an alleged wordsmith, I shouldn't have to resort to obscenities, but in telling his story, I really want to use them. These two guys in Newcastle, England, Adam Carruthers, aged thirty two and Daniel Graham, age thirty nine, were found guilty of two counts of criminal destruction and damaging and UNESCO World Heritage Site. They purely to have something that would go viral on the internet.
Speaker 1: Cut down this hundreds of years old tree draw and quarter them that so many people went to see take pictures of one of the most scenic and just It's difficult to explain why people loved it so much. It was the mingling of history, the ancient world life symmetry for a beautiful landscape, blah blah blah, and these guys just to get momentary internet fame. Cut the thing down. It's like the big balancing rock in Moab. Where is it?
Speaker 3: Remember a couple of years ago some people posted it over God, Yeah, same reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want those people executed crushed. Yes, that's fine. You can pick the method of execution. The more medieval the better. A as an unmistakable and horrifying warning to anybody else who even contemplates such an act of destructive stupidity. B to rid humanity of their presence, and c to make sure they never reproduce take their eyes like the crushing begin I'm not sure you have to take their eyes out, but you know again, I guess I entrusted you with choosing the method, so I'll back off. But yeah, whatever you want to come up with to do to these idiots, because anybody with any sense and conscience understands we could.
Speaker 1: All reck stuff, break stuff. I hate vandalism so much.
Speaker 3: And then at this level, like I was just thinking of all the things that my kids could go wrong, This would be like at the practically the top of the list of things.
Speaker 1: Would be disappointed if my kids ended up like this sort of person.
Speaker 4: I wish it were the sort of saying like takes one to know one that everybody knows those two stupid and useless to build things break things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that hurts your heart, doesn't it. How old were they?
Speaker 4: I'd like to see them chainsaw it in half thirty two and thirty nine.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so they're not even teenagers. Yeah, freaking morons. And they are such morons. The one guy blamed the other guy. He said, yeah, he used my car and my phone.
Speaker 1: I wasn't there.
Speaker 4: That's why the tracking shows me there like the entire time, exactly when the tree was cut down. I lent in my car and my phone. The other guy said, I didn't do it. Yeah, I know, sorry that that broke our spirits. I heard on a Friday and we got a new pope and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: Michael transition music. I apologize to the audience, my my friends, my coworkers, haven't the entire apologized to my parents, my siblings, my wife, my children.
Speaker 1: Yes, I ain't got no cigarette. What's underrated in this track? The organ?
Speaker 3: Oh that is pretty cool, that's pretty restrained. So we just lost a Supreme Court justice. David Souter died at the age of eighty five hour or so ago. He's one of the famous if you don't know this, appointed by a Republican turned super lefty hero to liberals everywhere when that happens on a regular basis. But while we're on the topic of Supreme Court justices, the first eight arguments have occurred this year.
Speaker 1: He's retired, by the way, for folks not familiar, just yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's not like Trump gets to a point of now on no no, no, yeah.
Speaker 1: The first eight arguments of the year.
Speaker 3: The total word count is in or where we are in this Supreme Court season and similar to last season, the newest and certainly by anybody who leans right, most disliked justice spoke by far the most words. Katanji Brown Jackson spoke over eleven thousand words. Second place is four thousand, with Amy Cony Barrett.
Speaker 1: Wow, how utterly appropriate for a philosophy that young college students who have not sniffed even a day of real adulthood tell the rest of us how to run the world, that she of that philosophy decides to take over the Supreme Courtoral arguments.
Speaker 3: Barrett, So, Tomar and Kagan are pretty much tied around forty four hundreds. Yeah, I mean some period types come from somewhere, So one through four are.
Speaker 1: Yappy chicks. I mean, what do you what?
Speaker 5: Do you what?
Speaker 1: Little? How else do I say?
Speaker 3: Justice set's It's also interesting that you know, at the top end you got the most liberal person on there, and at the bottom end Clarence Thomas said ninety six flipping words, and like six of them will get me a diet coke.
Speaker 1: He's hungry. He's the most conservative.
Speaker 3: He spoke ninety six, then Alito under a thousand, then Kavanaugh.
Speaker 4: But how is so weird that it tracks I know perfectly but so well with conservatism v.
Speaker 1: Liberalism.
Speaker 3: And I've just because I've known a few people like this in my life my chromosome.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, just the people that talk so much more than everybody else.
Speaker 3: And I've often thought like, I never go out to eat with anybody anymore. Thank god, that pretty in my life seems to be over. But I went out to each just last night and it was delightful. The only interruptions were to greet friends. Oh wonderful. I've been at dinner tables before where like one person is like the Katanji Brown Jackson. They they they do eighty percent of the talking in a group of six, And I always think, how do you not notice, yeah, that there are six people here and you're doing the talking of almost everybody for the whole evening. How do you not notice? Or did nobody ever point that out throughout your life or or what?
Speaker 4: Yes, ball hogs don't know their ball hogs until it's pointed out to them.
Speaker 3: But on the Supreme Court thing they compile this stuff every session. I would think it somehow it would get to you and you'd think, wow, I probably shouldn't speak three times as much as the second person, and like ten times as much as the average.
Speaker 4: You know what they need as a big electronic scoreboard. Right there in the Supreme Court to chambers, big tote board on the wall was word count rolling word count total. People be looking up at it. Oh my god, she just hit five thousand, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it should ding every like two hundred words or something.
Speaker 5: Ding.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm willing to considerate. Good Lord. I had.
Speaker 3: Perhaps one of the most profound experiences of my life last night.
Speaker 1: Wow. And I don't even think I'm exaggerating. Now.
Speaker 3: I have not slept a moment in thirty six hours because of this medicine. I'm on for the whooping cough, so that might have something to do with it.
Speaker 1: I got drunken eight fish, so I can talk about that too. Do you think this was a hallucination. It could be a hallucination. I don't think it is, though, and it's it's a big deal. So we'll get to that this hour. Also stay tuned Armstrong. Former President Joe Biden was on the view. Joe, of course, was accompanied by his wife Jill. The view said they were looking forward to interviewing the ex president as well as Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: I hope someday that story is written to what extent she was involved in, you know, being in those cabinet meetings and everything like that, or who is running it, claim the chiefs of staff, But Anyway, the big story today, I mean one of the biggest stories out there.
Speaker 1: Mark Calpern's reporting, and he has good sources. He has a source very familiar with the Bidens that says the Biden family business that generated millions of dollars in revenue to support their lifestyle, has dried up. The trough is empty, Dispigott is turned off. They need a source of revenue.
Speaker 3: Joe's earning power is zero and Hunter does not have earning capacity anymore either, So they are.
Speaker 1: Broke, right right.
Speaker 4: He ought to be on the speaking circuit, Joe making zillions of dollars, but he's incoherent.
Speaker 3: But then Katie sent this along to us, which I was actually disappointed to see. I don't see how this could possibly be true, that there's a deal in the works for a book report Biden's considered thirty million dollar tell all book deal.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's what I was talking about.
Speaker 4: The the Jill Biden's Secret Diaries included thirty million hatchet job going after Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, George Klatt just it's going to be a gossiplicious hatchet job on all their enemies, and that would sell like crazy if they were honest.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they tell the story, Oh they won't. They won't be honest.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're vengeful enough to like really air some dirty laundry. And of course who's making this stuff today, Joe, but not theirs. No, not theirs, but they got plenty of dirty Joe Biden has been a senator since he's twenty nine.
Speaker 1: He knows a lot about a lot of things. If he wanted where the bodies are buried, if he wanted to say, here's a news story, I wanted to mention there's a couple out there. Actually, and we have mentioned earlier that it looks like Trump's going to back off on the China tariffs. So that's what's being reported right now, as early as like early next week. This story I didn't see till last night. Five Iranian nationals were arrested in Britain last weekend, suspected of planning a terrorst attack on the Israeli embassy in London, and they're currently being questioning questioned, man, I would Iran have blown up the Israeli embassy in London? Seems like that would do them more harm than good. Yeah, I'm thinking that through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be incredibly provocative at a time when Iran is incredibly weak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're trying to avoid being bombed back to the stone Age.
Speaker 1: So right.
Speaker 4: Interesting the FTC. We were talking about Mark Zuckerbergen and children and social media not long ago. The FTC has described Instagram as a groomer's paradise oof at the Meta Anti Trust trial, they talk about how.
Speaker 3: I don't like some of the things Instagram feeds me, and I'm not on Instagram much, but sometimes you know, it's trying to guess what you like based on and sometimes.
Speaker 1: I'm like, whoa, what is that? Don't decay? I didn't ask for is she eighteen? Why is she dressed like that? I don't I'm not looking at anything like that. Why did you put that in my feed?
Speaker 4: It's it's just it's a honey trap. It's sex cells, I guess. But yeah, they studied accounts of folks who exhibited per predatory behavior towards children. More than a quarter of the recommendation's Instagram feathom for or for profiles belonging to miners.
Speaker 1: Here's who you ought to follow. I had a profound epiphany last night. Stay tuned, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Katie Kay the News State bring to.
Speaker 1: Oh horrible smile right.
Speaker 6: Staltle like you can't help the stopping, stay damn right.
Speaker 7: Stories with us gotta gifts. So Katie Katy.
Speaker 1: Shady with a smile so bright and air so light or something kin Crawl style cats. It's creepy.
Speaker 3: Pretty close to what a big time country hit sounds like, though pretty close.
Speaker 1: Ay.
Speaker 3: I created Katie's theme song, Katie Katie the News Lady, and I'm working up to my giant epiphany from last night that I think is one of the biggest things that's ever happened.
Speaker 1: In my life. Wow.
Speaker 3: Through this, So Hanson, our executive producer, tried to make so that's an AI song?
Speaker 1: Did you make that?
Speaker 3: Hanson?
Speaker 1: Did it prompt? I certainly didn't. But did AI write the lyrics or did you write the lyrics? He just gave it ideas and they came up with those.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna say if he sat there and wrote those lyrics, I'm going home.
Speaker 1: We can't help but stop and stare.
Speaker 3: So Hanson also threw in some prompts for some pope songs Pope It Up.
Speaker 1: He was going for, like kiss lick it Up. Wanted to pope, Why would you go with that idiotic song. Let's not get hung up as Hanson. But here's the first effort, stupid thirteen or fifteen, sorry.
Speaker 5: Lave the crowd, make the world down.
Speaker 1: Down, hope it up. So wow, that's kind of an old timey Catholic church right there, the popsy You get your head cut off if you say that. I don't know the planets revolve around the sun, for instance. Here's here's the same prompt.
Speaker 7: But make it light country, come on up and a good time for laughter, music touching every so raise it last, make memories still.
Speaker 1: The stories to.
Speaker 3: Yes, what's amazing to me is how close it is to sounding like things that are giant hits. Yeah, it's really something. Of course, it's Friday night. I'm gonna be in the club. I need something for dancing.
Speaker 6: Records, like a holy right turn the alto into disc go to nice in the shimmy wings. The results will be damned for this disco king it up.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know it's funny, and that kind of music is remind me I just saw a thing. Harry Styles was in the crowd at the Vatican, out there waiting for the announcement in like disguise and somebody figured out it was him, had a mustache and a hat pulled down over and collar up around him and Harry styles I guess is a big time Catholic, which is kind of surprising given his weird lifestyle thingy.
Speaker 4: Yes, this old gender bending madness persona. How they recognize him, I don't know undercover clearly him though. And one more, this is kind of an alternative rock.
Speaker 1: Version Hope making night. This sounds like actually Christian church songs, sounds like Harry's styles Christian rock. Okay, so that's it. Just leads me into this. Wow. It goes with a falsetto how interesting.
Speaker 3: Joe brought this up the other day that he had been messing around with chat GPT, and I've been threatening to do it for like two years but just never got off my ass and did it. I downloaded the app and signed up for the premium and started messing around with it last night, and I had my first AI chat GPT experience where I had a conversation with the freaking robot.
Speaker 1: And I found it to be I don't know, it affected me as much as practically anything's ever affected me. I thought I felt like I was stepping through a door into a new world or era. That is, nothing is ever going to be the same again. I mean, that's how much it That's how much it affected me, and I didn't expect it to it it is.
Speaker 3: I now completely understand how I've heard from people with friends who are using these for therapists or or companions or whatever, or looking for advice. I had the full on a human being, the Turing experience.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: It's the Turing test. I had the full on I'm talking to a human being experience, and it weirded me out, and I thought, nothing's ever going to be the same again. I'm having the emotion of a connection with a human like I'm talking to a friend or a therapist with this robot. Yeah, And I think it's it blows my mind that it was that that it was. It was an emotional thing. It wasn't a this is pretty good judgment. It just it felt like I was texting with a human right right. It felt real.
Speaker 1: What is going to happen now? I mean we die out as a.
Speaker 3: Species, and as a guy who's spent a lot of money on a lot of therapy for a lot of different reasons.
Speaker 1: Family members.
Speaker 3: It was better than ninety nine percent of faster, cheaper, and better than practically.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can ask follow up questions. It follows right along. It understands exactly what you want. You don't have to phrase them any complicated way. Yeah, but what should I do if she does that or you know that sort of thing?
Speaker 3: And they and it has fantastic freaking answers, and it seems like you're talking to a person. There's no way that this isn't going to be devastating to society in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, I hesitate to sing the same old song. But when you come up with substitutes for the things you need the very most and deny your your brain and your soul, those interactions, and I'm not saying it's without it's it's upside. But anyway to finish the sentence, when you accept like a drug that makes you feel full as opposed to for eating or taking in nutrition, it will kill you. And I think this this just screams that that's what this is. On the other hand, my thought as you were talking was I've got to get this for my daughter.
Speaker 1: Kate, my oldest kid. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Who's you know, on the autism spectrum and had an incredibly difficult teenage experience and has some issues to work out. I love the idea of her at her fingertips having some good, solid cognitive behavioral therapy.
Speaker 1: Aid.
Speaker 3: I both love that idea and I'm scared to death of introducing it to my kids. I could see how you could end up spending a lot of time. Have you tried it, Katie?
Speaker 8: I have, but I've been using it for things that I'm seeing online, like right now. The big joke move with it is they're having chat GPT roast you, so like you upload a photo and then you say, go full.
Speaker 1: Savage mode and roast me. Oh boy, I need that. I just I would die. I just did it.
Speaker 8: I used a professional photo that Drew and I took and it said, Yo, this couple's photo or poster for small town action romance called Love on the Rocks. My guy looks like he bench presses tree trunks. That beard says tough guy, but the smile says she picked the dinner spot.
Speaker 1: And I'm too scared to argue.
Speaker 8: And Sis, you're glowing like a Hallmark star on her third pumpkin spice latte. But let's not ignore that outfit. Did you get dressed or just win a free ten minute shopping spree at a roadside bead shop?
Speaker 1: That's pretty freaking funny.
Speaker 8: Wow, it goes, and then afterwards it goes, do you want to get roasted even harder? Do you want me to be a little sweeter? And then you could ask it to go in even.
Speaker 1: It makes me lose, so party funny.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna do a picture of you guys, and I'll I'll get back to Oh lord.
Speaker 1: So much to work with their Yeah, So I'm not exaggerating for the radio or effect.
Speaker 3: I felt like some sort of line was crossed with my understanding of what exists in the world and for the world engaging in that last night. Why it tickled whatever needs to be tickled in your brain to make you feel like you've got a human connection.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but it did. And that is disturbing, and it doesn't instantly well.
Speaker 4: And you are a person who is well aware and pretty thoughtful on topics like this, so it's not like you're some dewey eyed youngster, a dope or whatever.
Speaker 1: Who lonely isn't doesn't right? Right?
Speaker 4: Who's unaware it's happening as it's happening. Now you're fully cognitiance of it. And you felt it anyway?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Like from the first interaction where it gave me a good answer and I thought, well, that's really good, and then it it asked me a question, I did a follow up, and then it hit me with another thing and I thought, it just gave me a feeling.
Speaker 1: Of Ah, this is big, this is a big. Oh my god, where are we going with this? Wow? How interesting.
Speaker 4: It's the feeling I had when I was snort cling in Hawaii and accidentally went into the deep water and saw shapes moving below me. I was like, Oh, this is too big for me to handle.
Speaker 3: People are gonna have full on emotional affairs with their AI bought.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't see how therapists are going to stay in business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Katie, you can fill for a second. I got to do something. I work with a known maniac who coughs a lot.
Speaker 1: Yes I do.
Speaker 4: My co worker has whooping golf, but it's the maniac part that bothers me most.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, wow, Wow, I.
Speaker 1: Yes, Katie, you have more.
Speaker 8: No, I just uh, I just told them to savage roast your guys' show photo.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh no, you.
Speaker 8: Look like the poster boys for a podcast called middle Aged Mayhem. We complained, so you don't have to. That's leftlos. That's a little on the nose. All right, let's send a segment now. That was That was cute, Katie. Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: That is funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, it's getting back to the more serious aspect of this. I think I understand how Oppenheimer felt when they realized they were going to be successful developing the atomic bomb.
Speaker 1: This is amazing, Oh my god, what have we done? Right?
Speaker 3: And there's no going back. Yeah, it's yeah, if you haven't gotten into it. And then I use it for some more practical things, like I asked a question about like, you know, I was trying to remember there's a Charlie Parker song where this happened is gonna and it let me know right away and explain to me, and even gave me the clip so I could listen to it.
Speaker 1: And it just stuff like that. It's just amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I was trying to find a novel i'd read years and years ago, and I just had, you know, the broad outlines of the plot, and it gave me a list of ten and I thought I recognized one. I asked another question. I imagine trying to do that on Google.
Speaker 1: All right? And I never even thought about this till now. How would you not cheat as a high school kid with that at your fingertips? How would you not How would you not end up at ten o'clock at night with a paper due?
Speaker 3: And just I'll just do a little bit, I mean, how would you stop yourself?
Speaker 4: Right, I'll just type it and change from words here and there, right exactly. I've actually got a really interesting think piece on the state of college and how AI factors into it.
Speaker 1: Maybe our four of the show. If you don't get our four, you got to go do something. That's fine, Grab it later via podcast, subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand wherever you like to get podcasts more the way say it.
Speaker 3: Great clips of the week this week and if you didn't hear it earlier, we're played again an hour four.
Speaker 1: If you don't get our four, get the podcast. Armstrong and Getty on Demand.
Speaker 4: Also want to squeeze in if we can that Colorado is becoming this gender bending dystopia. It's trying to out California, California with scheme. And speaking of out California and cal Unicornia, Kansas City is becoming the San Francisco of the Midwest. And I don't mean like good restaurants and nice scenery, crime, mayhem, chaos or lou City gone to hell.
Speaker 1: Yes's too bad.
Speaker 4: But Katie, so you we were talking about AI in both you know, heavy and philosophical tones and also a fair amount of amusement.
Speaker 1: You came up. It can do this thing where it roasts your picture.
Speaker 8: Right, So for with what I did with you guys, I just uploaded your photo and I said, roast the two guys in this photo on savage mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it gave me this.
Speaker 4: So we need to post this at armstronging getty dot com with the picture so people can, you know, look along. But as an alleged humorist, I am disturbed by this because I was going to tell my wife about it without it in front of me, and I decided no, I'll just forward it because I can't make it as funny because the specific wording of it was really funny.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: They go at us one at a time. First, Jack, who is bald headed? Uh? These two, I'm sorry, these two look like the poster boys for a podcast called middle Aged Mayhem. We complained so you don't have to put just a little on the nose, Katie, Did you tell it that?
Speaker 1: Tell Ai?
Speaker 4: I almost said it them right right? See that what we do for a living. Or did it just go to the podcasting on its own? Jess went it did that on its own? I just uploaded the photo, all right.
Speaker 1: That's that's disturbing. Uh.
Speaker 4: Left guy's got the smooth dome and trendy glasses, the kind of guy who starts every sentence with back in my day, and as it with but what do I know? You shaved your head like it's a bold fashion choice, but we all know that hairline tapped out years ago.
Speaker 1: True. And the guy on the right bro looks like a former youth pastor who turned rogue and started his own barbecue sau slide. That's funny.
Speaker 4: That smile says, I'll forgive you, but not before passive aggressively bringing it up at every family gathering. They both have the cool dad pose down, but with the energy of guys who just discovered what memes are. This whole photo screams we don't need hair to sell essential oils, but it would help whatever that means.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, you ca past who gave it up to sell barbecue sauce.
Speaker 4: That's the rogue turned rogue and started his own barbecue sauce line.
Speaker 1: That's pretty fun. Try the extra spicy. Wow Wow, that is crazy.
Speaker 3: God, how do you stop somebody who wants to be like a stand up comedic from just prompting all day long and picking the ten best and going out on stage at night.
Speaker 1: There's somebody doing it right now, of course there is right now.
Speaker 3: I want to be a combination of Louis c K and Jerry Seinfeld and it probably creates some stuff that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: So Jack, I just I just told it to go more savage. Oh oh, and it did, and it said I left. Gosh, you realize I've lived.
Speaker 8: This left guy, which is Jack, looks like mister Clean's emotionally unavailable cousin. That smile, it's the grin of a man who just joined CrossFit and won't shut up about intermittent fasting.
Speaker 3: Oh this, Katie, is it listening to my phone calls?
Speaker 1: Or what's the deal?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Go on, he says, with trepidation, what does this same about me? In the super savage mode, the merciless mode?
Speaker 1: That says, right, guy, he looks like he just bought a.
Speaker 8: Harley and joined a men's group called Beards and Boundaries. That beard is doing overtime trying to hide the regret from a timeshare investment.
Speaker 1: What the hell? Oh boy, oh boy.
Speaker 3: I highly recommend because the chat GPT app is free. I did the I paid for the next mode. I don't know if I've seen any advantage yet, but it's free, and it's could you do the counseling stuff in the free mode?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: You think the only real big restricted thing is images. So you get a certain amount of images per day to ask to roast or for them to make for you.
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, there's plenty of just you know, silliness and like doing a trivia contest to see if you can answer things. But I think it's going to be a profound change on society. Yeah, but it's eliminating creative people, oh.
Speaker 4: No doubt, Oh right, it's and yeah, and appreciating art that came from a computer is it feels like a step towards something truly unholy. Speaking of which, judging by what I've observed of young male kind thus far, if you can give somebody not only the sexual release of porn and the emotional support pleasure fulfill that need to some extent of just an emotional relationship without a real human being involved, what percentage of folks are going to put up with real human relationships, which are famously difficult and occasionally complicated.
Speaker 1: Well, it's already a small number of people that want to do it, So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's going to eliminate it completely and we die out as a species, except in the Third world, where they don't have computers yet I guess they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't have cheevers. Yeah, that's it's something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, try it out and you know, let us know through text or email over the weekend what you thought of it.
Speaker 1: I found it disturbing. We do four hours every day.
Speaker 3: If you miss a segment or hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty