Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Yes, and Everson Walls is in the building.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we missed you the last three days here.
Speaker 3: On mixed shots inside the SWBC podcast studio where there are football fields or football players arriving at that football field. And I'm told, with the temperature up around ninety degrees again, a record setting day heat wise here in North Texas, it's gonna be a half and half day.
Speaker 2: I heard that. I heard that I missed a lot of hot days. Uh huh here in the area. What's going on?
Speaker 4: So you you actually you were on assignment or.
Speaker 2: He was in New Mexico and I was in New Jersey. New Jersey were dealing with the Congressional Medal of Honor winners. They came out and played golf with us. We had a nice reception. You hear the amazing stories of the guys. Man man, I couldn't go to war Bro. I could not go to the war. Man, you think training day is tough.
Speaker 3: You think that we were we were born at just the right time, just after the draft.
Speaker 2: And I was I was the only only son. So I think I could have gotten out of it right. And now it goes if you like, the only son, you can get out of the drafts. No, the only son.
Speaker 4: I'm an only son too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cards stay home and then the home.
Speaker 5: I was an only son and.
Speaker 2: None of that stuff.
Speaker 5: None of that stuff work.
Speaker 2: Obviously. I don't have a gun.
Speaker 5: The only thing that worked for me was R O two C.
Speaker 2: Okay, man, that's tough. I was gone. Yeah, I thought I was gonna get out of it. Man, Like I'm the only son, so I'm good. Yeah. Used to worry about that all the time.
Speaker 5: You would have to go to Canada.
Speaker 2: I probably would have. I like Canada.
Speaker 5: There's a reason why a lot of people went to Canada.
Speaker 2: Canada. I could have survived. Well.
Speaker 3: It is Thursday of Niners Week, and Everson does not want us to talk Niners Week, but we have to because it is upon us. I love you get you get more phone calls this week than any other week of the year.
Speaker 2: I do, and I like the media people between oh, Giants Week versus for the nine of them. Why does no one call me doing the Giants? You want to super Bowl with the Giants? No one calls me doing Giants Week. It's like, you know, I get text with my boys. That's by it in New York. Oh yeah, no, no, not this week. I already have some guy trying to call me. I'm gonna call him and talk to him, and so it gives me a chance to revise history. Well, what.
Speaker 5: You need to do when they call you for these just remind them that you advanced to the top thirty one for the All of Fame.
Speaker 2: Hey, the congratulations to my family because they are oh my god, they want this so bad. And you know what you have to how could I put you have to respect the process even though you pissed off of the process, because you know you got it here to it and I'm not going to sit here and say, man, screw that, you know, because if it was just me, but when you got your family really want this. I had my cousin calling me from Odessa, Texas. His name is Darrel Mitchell. He used to play basketball for Texas Tech when Bill Parcells was there he knew Bill Parcells and he called me yes day, man. He was like, man, I like how you're handling your situation. You know, everybody's going crazy over this. Everybody wants this, but you know you're you're trying to play it down. Say I like the way you're doing it. And I'm like, man, you have to you know, because you know, I'm sixty four fricking years old.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that old.
Speaker 2: Nothing compared to you guys, but compared to the other athletes around here, I am old. So I've been through it all. But when it comes to your family, this is really what they want. They really want it bad and so you know, you can't just you can't just blow it off because then you're disrespecting those lows.
Speaker 5: So who was the It was the Giants linebacker that got sideways with the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no reasons. Is white?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah sorry from Crowley?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, he got all he guy, he's he's top one hundred Giants. He's proud of himself. He's got the stadium named after me, right, He's the good dude.
Speaker 5: Harry Harry Carson.
Speaker 2: Had to be a black school thing, you know, Hay Carson.
Speaker 5: And then he gets and it's like, well, okay, right, which I'll never should have gone to that, Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Never should have come. Which he was there this weekend this past week Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Harry Coss one of your fellow Grambling guys is one of the thirty one as well.
Speaker 4: Albert Lewis.
Speaker 3: Albert Lewis, who's younger than you, who we were here at the same time.
Speaker 2: We would thread of years with Albert Lewis. When Coach Robber was there, he's like, this guy is coming from Mansfield, Louisiana and he runs like the wind, damn it. Like, okay, who is this guy coming in here? Well, it happened to be Albert Lewis, who did run like the wind. He ran a battle of four three forty. This guy long legs, he's taller than me, but he couldn't beat me out.
Speaker 5: He couldn't tell at the waitst time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the waitest time.
Speaker 3: While I'm leaving the next we need to point that out to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: We're on the same team together.
Speaker 2: But it's my back up.
Speaker 4: That's right, You're gonna put my back up there and ahead of me.
Speaker 2: But he ended up getting if I'm not mistaken, fifty plus interceptions. So he wasn't just out there messing around. He was a He was one of the top the chiefs. He was one of the top dbs. And that was loss was the other. Yes, yes, and I'll do cherry as well. Hell of a second.
Speaker 5: I got a great second. So when those people call from San Francisco, maybe one of them will be a voter. So make sure he gets nice and make sure you remind him that if you got to vote for.
Speaker 4: Me, when's your birthday?
Speaker 2: Between eight? Okay?
Speaker 4: Albert Lewis is sixty four years old too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, See, it didn't take me long to get through school. I went through school.
Speaker 4: You get there, you got there early.
Speaker 2: Yes, I skipped up frae.
Speaker 5: You skipped first grade year seven week first correct?
Speaker 2: No, we would take it after two tests at the time, in first grade, before first grade. You take it while you're in kindergarten. This is in Texas. I don't know Bill did. Bill messed up well? So I did well enough to where I was skipped up there the first grade after two weeks. And they don't just put you in first grade. They took the entire desk. So I moved your name on the desk. Back in the day they tape it on. So come in from bluntch and hey, where's my desk? They moved the entire desk to the second grade.
Speaker 4: They moved Emerson's desks.
Speaker 2: Well back then it was just cuby.
Speaker 5: They didn't got but for eleven days. I had to wait another year. Wow, the cutoff was December first.
Speaker 2: I thought you were special.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Albert Lewis special.
Speaker 4: Albert Lewis had forty two in Orset.
Speaker 2: Okay, did well? He did?
Speaker 4: What did well? Did better? You had fifty seven.
Speaker 2: Let's not let's not dog out, let's not forget about the lesser man less really? Oh no, Lester Kent once the stick him left, Lester Lester's hands left. He's playing with just nubsies.
Speaker 4: But he's one of the thirty one two.
Speaker 2: It was a ball.
Speaker 4: Had thirteen picks in one season for you.
Speaker 2: It was including playoffs. That one of the best playoff runs ever. He had five picks in the in the playoffs going through the Super Bowl which they won. That yeah, I believe it was nineteen eight. I think overall he had like eighteen picks and he dropped like three or four of.
Speaker 4: Them, but he only had thirty nine in his career.
Speaker 2: I believe not enough Stickham, not enough stick. But they outlawed it.
Speaker 5: So not only Everson Walls, but Darren, Darren Woodson and one more. Once again out he's top fifty, Woody, Eric Williams and.
Speaker 4: Walls and.
Speaker 6: You got it, getting two should there'll be three of the old timers, Okay, I think that's what we are now.
Speaker 4: Three of us old divers. That'd be a good neighbor for the show.
Speaker 5: And then old timers. I've had somebody come up and say that to me, your guys show is really good because you guys can go into history. You're the old times.
Speaker 2: I just say, old dudes, that's all I say. And we go down a rabbit hole. That's what I'm telling him. What known for our rabbit holes.
Speaker 5: So it's almost like exhausting after promoting him and Woody all these years and now here it goes again. It's like, what more can I say? Because it's been said, no one's listening, there's no reason in the world. Wood he shouldn't be in and he's down to fifty. They go to twenty five and then they go to the finals that they talk about during the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So he's no more modern day.
Speaker 5: He is modern day?
Speaker 2: Oh good, good, yea.
Speaker 3: Eric Williams is close. I mean he's because I think on that the Seniors Committee or whatever, your last season had to be nineteen ninety nine or previous. Yes, so it's basically a last century deal. Well, Eric Williams last season playing was two thousand and one with the Ravens. He's with the Cowboys through two thousand. So that's sad to think about where those guys that played on the Super Bowl teams of the nineties are now almost old timers.
Speaker 5: They're they're aging out the best.
Speaker 4: That's right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So congratulations on the thirty one and you got my vote.
Speaker 4: I appreciate for a top three.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that they just don't ask us for our Yeah whatever, good, but.
Speaker 5: They got our opinion.
Speaker 4: Let's put it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all have to go back and listen to yesterday's show. And Mickey doesn't want to say nice things in front of you, but say nice things about you behind your back.
Speaker 2: YESTERD. That's good. That's good. That's good because he knows I'm talking behind his back. Yeah, right, we have that kind of relate.
Speaker 3: Okay. I was about to say that coach tells me that they're going to spend half their time outside half the time inside today due to the heat.
Speaker 5: Could you believe yesterday it's October and had to have an IV after practice.
Speaker 4: A bunch of them.
Speaker 5: Well really, Osa for sure, because I was talking to him about how hot it was. He goes, yeah, he goes, can you imagine having to have an IV in October? It's like, well, yeah, would you consider that? That's why that tent still out there? The air conditioning IV tip, that's what that's for.
Speaker 3: This coach was saying this morning, which we were taping the Coaches Show, this near field is a lot cooler than the far field for whatever reason. And it was like when we were on the near field, which is the turf field, and I guess it's because of the shade, right, because you got more of a shade of the building on that near side. But he said, it's got to be a ten degree difference between one side of the field.
Speaker 5: When you're on the grass field that the sun is reflecting off that. I mean, I said grass, didn't I Yes, I was going to say the glass field. But the sun's reflecting off then.
Speaker 4: It's already it's already been.
Speaker 3: It's been baking for several hours in the sun over there.
Speaker 2: You would think the turf would be hotter.
Speaker 3: You would think it's in the shade for much and for much of the morning it's in the shade on that side.
Speaker 4: So I hadn't heat it up as much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so do you look at these guys, So they're going inside because of the heat, not because of the eyeballs.
Speaker 3: And he said they made it sound like because of the heat. That could have had something to do with it too.
Speaker 2: I was, you know, And I'm not trying to be funny on air, goant to anything, but I would like to ask coaches if they think, and I'm talking about comparing the nineteen seventies guys and nineteen eighties guys to now, are we getting whimpier? I mean, you know, I know I wasn't as tough as as the guys before me, you know, but but didn't they didn't even give them water, you know, And we were we were part of that generation of hey, you're not getting water today.
Speaker 5: We got two ice cubes.
Speaker 2: Right, see what I'm saying, And yet we're here, you know. I mean many times I went through practice to whether in high school the coach was a jerk. Hey, we're not having water today because you guys are doing well? I mean, are we wimpier.
Speaker 5: We started bargaining for you don't want your ice cube, I'll take.
Speaker 2: The cue.
Speaker 5: Ice in Chicago. You have your summers, yes, yes, and the lake's not far away from humidity.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you've got talked to different coaches from different eras, what would they say about how we have to and I don't want to use.
Speaker 5: You here to get to drink all the water you want?
Speaker 2: Wow, get away to gotta be different.
Speaker 5: And then the worst part was is they would give us salt tablets. And I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: How happy that. I never was good with that.
Speaker 5: We got saltb Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I think I just I wasn't sure about that. I let my go.
Speaker 5: I think, trade your salt tablet for an ice cube?
Speaker 3: All right, So you got an injury report, and where would you like to start on that? About we start with John Stevens.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: John Stevens tied in tours a c L again again in practice, same same one, same I believe it was Wow, it doesn't matter if same or other. It's just he's done for the year after coming back from the torn al in training camp last year, and and uh, Mike was saying that, Yeah, it's a shame because after the bye, they were trying to get him more involved, uh in the offense and get him maybe get him some snaps because he could have been, uh probably would have been a pretty good uh down the field receiver as a tight end. I mean, especially his size with the speed and yeah, just uh just unfortunately, well.
Speaker 3: He started his career at TCU and then he transferred to one of the schools in louis Louisiana.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeatt, Yeah, now it's Louisiana. Yeah, and that's that's a shame. They they listed him on the injury report is limited. He was very limited with a knee. Uh. Doran Bland Uh sounds like he was going to start in the rehab guys today. He rehabbed yesterday, did not practice. The foot got sore that week that Friday of the Detroit game after practicing twice and seemingly practicing well. Uh, so they were going to start him at rehab and then see where it goes. Michael Parsons still with the rehab group. He was doing the resistance cords yesterday, but you know those things, it's step by step by step. It's not playing foot and today's right and today's the padded practice. So I don't know that that looks, you know, encouraging that he'd be ready to go. Mike put it as we have to wait till Saturday to see if he practices on Saturday. The encouraging was was Eric Kendricks with the shoulder. He was limited, so that was better than what it was last week, and he's been running, so I think it's encouraging that he should be close to returning. Same thing with Nick Vigil who kind of was one of the backups in the middle. He had seventy He had been dealing with an injury. He only had seventeen snaps against Detroit, but they listed him as limited, so he kind of moved in the right direction, you know, and with him out, Kendrick's out, DeMont Clark ended up playing fifty five snaps in the game and played well, by the way, So those were the main guys they started. Jordan Phillips on his twenty one day ramp up from injured reserve, although he didn't seem he had a wrist, Remember he kind of disputed that he had a wrist. Listening to him yesterday, a man of few words, he didn't seem all that enthus that he was going to start practicing again, he kept saying. So somebody asked him, so, when do you think you can play, and it was like, well, you have to talk to the coaches. Well, what's the plan for you got to talk to the coaches?
Speaker 4: So he still pretty sure.
Speaker 3: He was less than enthused when he went on IR to begin with yeah, well yeah, So now.
Speaker 2: You were making it sound like, damn, I gotta come back and play.
Speaker 5: Well I think it was more like, I don't know what they're going to do with me once I clear a physical, So we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 2: So at tight end, what are we left with.
Speaker 4: The same guys?
Speaker 3: Stevens hasn't really been playing because he's been heard, but they were shown one of the big things McCarthy was talking about and losing Stevens today.
Speaker 4: Coming out of the bye.
Speaker 3: Week, they were hoping to be able to implement even more where he might be active on game day because they really like his progress and what he can add.
Speaker 5: He was on the fifty three. He was just an act of.
Speaker 3: Every every way because he's been dealing with an injury, but tight end. To answer your question, you got the three guys that have been active every week, Jake Ferguson and then schoon Luke Schoonmaker second round pick from last year, and then the rookie free eight college free agent rebens.
Speaker 5: Band for who's been getting snaps. Yeah, the way, So that's kind of where that's And then you've got the fullback.
Speaker 2: So how's how's Cooks the wide receiver.
Speaker 5: He's they put him on an injured reserve. He's out and he's four games.
Speaker 3: Four games, which means he's not back until he can't come back until the Philadelphia game.
Speaker 4: So he's out for sure. The next two weeks.
Speaker 5: He ended with the infection. He ended up with antibiotic what do you call it IV? Yeah, it was it was serious.
Speaker 4: He was on the sideline for the Detroit game. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean he's back in the locker room and everything. And Sam Williams I saw back in the locker room too.
Speaker 2: By the way, Dalvin Cook.
Speaker 5: He's there. We'll see if they decide that they need him.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: The good news is is Guiding was not on the injury port so he's good to go. So they should be back with him at left tackle, Tyler Smith at left guard, and.
Speaker 2: That's where we want Tyler. That's where we feel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that, you know, I mean you kind of you make two moves to you know, basically get by one, and sometimes, you know, you lose the continuity on your offensive line. Plus you had a guy with very little experience playing left guard and a rookie playing center next to each other, and then Tyler Smith playing tackle that he hadn't played since his rookie year.
Speaker 2: To me, that's you know, you want some consistency. That's a consistent offensive line right there, I mean where they are. I don't like them being moved around, and so keep them consistent in their position.
Speaker 5: And let him keep growing right spot. And know what what Mike said the other day was you don't let He said, he's got to get his confidence going, not to sit there in the valleys and just kind of keep worrying about a mistake.
Speaker 4: Just move on.
Speaker 2: That was very articulate. The valleys, the valley.
Speaker 3: You know, I was watching last night some San Francisco coaches film and against Kansas City, and I was thinking, you know what, Tyler might be able if he's watching this, Uh, he might be able to gain some confidence because the guy playing left tackle for Kansas City is jan Yer Morris, who was their third round pick last year, well two years ago.
Speaker 4: One Ya Morris and.
Speaker 3: Tyler Geyton basically shared right tackle at Oklahoma. Morris was on suspension to start the year getting started, and then Morris came back and was the start and they kind of.
Speaker 5: Got suspended at Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I was thinking, So I'm sitting there thinking, and one Ya Morris was doing all right, you know, because they got Nick Bosa and early in the game they had Leonard Floyd playing right defensive end and Bosa was on the left side. And I'm like, you know what, if Tyler Guyton's watching this, he knows what one Ya Morris is about. He knows he's as good as one Ya Morris, and he ought to gain some confidence for us. And then about then, yeah, probably has but been about late first quarter, Nick Bosa moved over to the other side and he went right around one Yer Morris and Sacty quarterback, and I said, well, maybe he won't gain coffee.
Speaker 4: Maybe he shouldn't be looking at this. This is gonna hurt us comment that's right.
Speaker 5: So quickly San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Let's get to San Francisco when we come back on mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 4: Because ever since gotta read.
Speaker 2: Man, I take care of this. Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. Slides for the first down investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot com berth pick throw.
Speaker 4: My goodness, wows did he.
Speaker 8: Ever visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started?
Speaker 9: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 5: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction.
Speaker 4: Miller lt is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 3: What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 10: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 2: It says less fillings.
Speaker 4: That's not what my script says hell mindset.
Speaker 7: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm mishine legal guy. Celebrate Responsibly, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer. Thousand people in Drograms, carvers for clothhounces, fewer Cowson cars, the premium regular beer, the vic shuts.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys take on the forty nine Ers in Santa Clara on Sunday, October twenty seventh, So we're hosting another free watch party presented by seven eleven. Join us at Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium to watch the game with Cowboys Nation Q Thunderstruck because the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders are performing and Rowdy will be there too watch the game, Grab a slurpy and cheer loud. Get your free tickets at dallascowboys dot com slash watch port.
Speaker 3: Wait, we finally got that raid right when Mickey was saying that it was thunderstuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was under stuck.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's go to the injury report for the San Francisco forty nine Ers.
Speaker 5: Well, we know they had to put Brandan ayuk on I R torn acl in.
Speaker 4: That Chimco and yeah, I was gonna bring that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Juwan Jennings, who had been their leading wide receivers, got a hip injury. He did not practice, and from what you can take from Shanahan and whatever else was going on, it doesn't sound like he's gonna make it. And then Deebo Samuel, it says risk illness. Well, he had pneumonia and was in the hospital.
Speaker 2: He did not practice.
Speaker 5: Uh, he's out of the hospital now, so we'll see. I thought Mike had a pretty good answer to the question about how do you how do you prepare if a guy you don't know if he's gonna play or not. And obviously he says, well you got to prepare like you're gonna play. He goes, but I really think they should rest him.
Speaker 4: I would rest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we have an update from your favorite Internet doctor, doctor David Chow the profile.
Speaker 2: Yeah absolute, He.
Speaker 4: Says, don't see Deebo Samuel being close to one hundred percent this week.
Speaker 5: Oh really, he's not going to be one hundred he said.
Speaker 3: He said two hours ago. You can't go from fluid in your lungs to full health and place seventy plus plays.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe he can play thirty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what he's saying. He doesn't seem close to one percent. He doesn't see him playing a full slate of plays. Seventy plays.
Speaker 5: Now, this one kind of cropped up. George Kittle foot injury. He did not practice. Their kicker, Jake Moody with an ankle.
Speaker 4: He did not practice, and he didn't kick last year.
Speaker 5: He didn't kick right. No, because they tried to do the on site kick.
Speaker 4: The worst.
Speaker 5: They tried to do a watermelon.
Speaker 2: He whiffed.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if it's a watermelon. I think he's just a basic one.
Speaker 5: He just missed it well and laying down flat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's how man.
Speaker 4: Yeah I laughed aloud, but I saw that.
Speaker 5: Actually, he told my wife, you got to see this. Oh do you hear so? Funy Brake what Brady said when they're doing the game, He goes, that looked like one of my shots off the tacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just kind of dr Yeah, you're looking for it there, but is going right over there.
Speaker 5: And also Kevin Gibbons, he's a backup tackle.
Speaker 4: Defensive tackle.
Speaker 5: Growing he did not practice. He's got three and a half sacks, but he plays behind Colin.
Speaker 4: Who's got three sacks.
Speaker 5: Three sacks.
Speaker 2: You were due.
Speaker 5: We may not remember this, but his rookie year with the Cowboys, he had five sacks as a defensive tackle. Remember he was he was a heavyweight wrestler out of Nebraska. He was a good player. They just couldn't afford him after his four years were up. And then Christian McCaffrey. I mean, he's still on IR and I think they're looking at next week's by like maybe after the bye he'll be ready to go. But is it Jordan Jordan Mason?
Speaker 4: Yes, JP Mason, Jordan or JP you can go with you?
Speaker 5: Six and sixty seven yards rushing. He's second in the NFL to Derrick Henry.
Speaker 2: And they really didn't and he was injured in the second half last week.
Speaker 3: He got he got hurt two weeks ago and he wound up playing the full game basically against Kansas City.
Speaker 4: He had a shoulder right, but.
Speaker 2: They didn't really give it to him in the second half. He was So that's when the other.
Speaker 4: Isaac Garrido was.
Speaker 5: He a draft choice.
Speaker 3: He was a college free agent of Georgia Tech two years ago. He's another one that Tashard Choice coached in college.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that running back whisperer to show to show a choice.
Speaker 5: So so they've got injury problems. Also, they could very well be everybody. You know, the Cowboys were out without their top four defensive ends. They could be without their top three wide receivers.
Speaker 2: So are they considering going out and getting anybody?
Speaker 5: Well? I read a story and they were it was it was on well, it was on the San Francisco Chronicle and then something in the No, it had to be the Chronicle because they didn't have many stories on their website about they wanted to Somebody was saying they got to go trade for Hopkins. I guess they were a little late on the.
Speaker 2: Man. I knew the hop was going to make a move somewhere.
Speaker 5: Ye with his seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's because he's like he's like Aaron Rodgers. He doesn't try until it's convenient to believe that. They don't try until they're trying to make a point. I had to process that. I'm serious, mano. They you know, if they're in the right position, then you'll see what they're really work. But you know, if they don't go right for them, then you'll just they kind of fade into the bushes.
Speaker 4: So is he trying now, Aaron Rodgers, You're not trying now?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he's trying now it's too late. Well no, let me stop. It's never too late to make a run. But he's put his team in a position to where they got a long road to hope, long road to hope.
Speaker 5: So San Francisco, I understand they're three and four, but they've got the third ranked offense in the league. They're pretty good total offense, so you know they're averaging twenty six points a game. Cowboys are at twenty one. And the other thing. While I mentioned Kittle, he leads them with five touchdown receptions. Perdy has run for one hundred and fifty four yards. He has run for seventeen first downs seventeen seventeen first downs he's run for this year. To put that in.
Speaker 3: In perspective, all of last season he ran for fifteen first downs in seventeen and playing seventeen games last year, fifteen first downs through seven games. This year, he's run for seventeen first downs.
Speaker 5: We were chatting with Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 2: By necessity, he needs to well I think so.
Speaker 5: Chatting with Jordan Lewis and it kind of surprised me. We were talking about, you know, needing to stop their run and he goes, well perty two and it's like perty two. Well he's at who said this? Jordan Lewis, He pointed it out. He averages four and a half yards a carry, so, uh, you know he is running more. I don't think we associate him, you know, with running the ball. It's all about throwing it.
Speaker 3: He's Mahomes like and that when things are breaking down, he's smart. He can go to go and get the first down. Yeah, take care of yourself and do it. Use a ball, faight and get thirty three yards.
Speaker 4: Down the sideline. He doesn't do that, but Mahomes doesn't.
Speaker 5: Well he's gonna He's gonna pay for it someday.
Speaker 4: Mahomes is.
Speaker 2: Yes, he sounds personally.
Speaker 4: He sounds like he's personally.
Speaker 5: All that tiptoeing down the sideline and waving somebody.
Speaker 2: He gets a little.
Speaker 3: If Nicky was on the sideline, if the Cowboys ever played the Chiefs and Mickey's on the sideline, he's going to trip.
Speaker 2: Him, Nona Tomlin, or he's going to be like the security guy, Big Dob.
Speaker 4: Come off the bench and tackle.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be Tommy Lewis nineteen fifty eight Cotton Bowl Classic.
Speaker 4: Wow remember that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, that's when he came out and tackled.
Speaker 4: Yeh tackle, Yeah, Dicky Magle on a ninety nine yard run.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine what's going through somebody's head to do that?
Speaker 5: That? You got all fired up? Yeah, damn it, he's not scoring.
Speaker 2: It had to be more than just school rivalver there. It's like they knew each other. I'm not gonna let a score. I'm not gonna let this guy score. Now.
Speaker 5: They overruled the tackle, right, they gave him.
Speaker 4: They gave him a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, that's smart.
Speaker 5: What would they do now, well that they changed the interference call or the non interference call, whatever they.
Speaker 4: Would want, they would give him a touchdown, now, wouldn't Yeah? I think so?
Speaker 2: You think so? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Now what what that Tomlin did that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? Tomlin? What did they do on that trip?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: They didn't give him a score. If I'm not mistaken, he did not get the score. Maybe they didn't think he was that guy in pursuit who could have had him but you know Tom makes the move.
Speaker 3: I'm going to look it up, and guys, we come back here on Mixed Shots for our final segment of the day, I'll have that answer and much more.
Speaker 2: Rabbit whole.
Speaker 4: Mike Tomlin tripping.
Speaker 5: Well, Now, if you don't like a call and you think it's bad, just throw water bottles on.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of met Church.
Speaker 2: Year.
Speaker 9: With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 5: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 9: Crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 4: You Winscott kits, it slides with a first.
Speaker 8: Down, investilate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas. Tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 1: Demict Shuts.
Speaker 2: Join the Boys in the fight against cancer with twenty twenty four Crucial Catch Collection. The NFL donates one hundred percent of its proceeds for Crucial Catch merchandise to the American Cancer Society to provide cancer screenings and resources to underserved communities. Please visit a pro shop near you or log on to shop dot Dallascowboys dot com a fanatics experience, and help us intercept cancer today. It's made strictly for.
Speaker 3: Me and the Tomlin play was the twenty thirteen Thanksgiving Day game between the Steelers and the Ravens, a Thanksgiving night game, and he turned He got fined one hundred thousand dollars for one did turn what appeared to be going to be a Jacoby Jones touchdown into a seventy three yard return He got caught from by or oh back then, because that was like twenty thirteen to eleven years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow. One hundred gees mm hmm.
Speaker 4: But it saved the touchdown, and so they did not give it to it, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't see him being that generous on them, not these days. Oh yeah, you just have the touchdown and he didn't score. That's right. So the guy that back in the day, old school, when they stopped him, they added that touchdown to his to his numbers.
Speaker 4: Dicky Magle back in nineteen, I want how many how many.
Speaker 2: How many pumps or kickoff returns he has? Well, including that one that was given to him by default.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Jacobe Jones, of course this summer passed away until that's true?
Speaker 2: Hell a play?
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh well I look that up for ever since. Benefit Mickey, you take us some other place you'd like to go, Yeah, let's go here.
Speaker 5: So did you hear did you fight your way through the tours to get here?
Speaker 2: First of all, let me say I don't see any tours coming by here today.
Speaker 5: So you're good. Somebody's listening your content, your concentrations, good.
Speaker 2: Wondering if he's like, yeah, the two that's our problem. No, that's why win.
Speaker 5: If you put the dollar sign next to it that got pointed out the tours will continue. Okay, give me. That is the weakest thing I think I've ever heard that making a story on this reporter came in here and and I was wondering, like she got access where normal tours don't go, right, she bought a ticket and took a tour and then interviewed people on the tour and watched what they were saying. Right, all right, So this whole thing started a couple of years ago with Dalton Schultz. He got to Houston, and he was but hurt that the Cowboys didn't pay him, if you remember, and and was bitter the whole season he played here on the on the franchise franchise, and then he ended up going to Houston, right, And when he got there, he said, Yeah, when you're over there, it's like a zoo. I'm trying to lift weights and the people are looking through the windows and pointing at me. Are you kidding me? You can't lift weights because somebody's looking at you. And then and then the guys that were quoted in the story, one of them was Dante Fowler, And I saw the next day or the same day the story came out, he said, I didn't say that so I don't know. You know, you usually don't. If you lied, you you know, you don't make a big deal out of it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: The other people that she interviewed, Jayron Curse. Where's Jaywon Curse today?
Speaker 4: He's not playing on a team anymore.
Speaker 5: Kelvin Joseph practice squad.
Speaker 2: Is that what you thought.
Speaker 5: Laurance Armstrong had something to say and what needed to be put out is if the Cowboys had offered him a three year, three million dollar deal with twenty million guarantee, you think he would have left because he was offended by the tours. I want to go someplace where there's peace.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I heard this, and I'm not going to call him out. Okay, but a reputable national NFL analyst, Okay, he actually works for another team on a national show yesterday afternoon was.
Speaker 4: Talking about this story and talking about Dalton.
Speaker 3: Schultz and he said on the air, that's the reason Dalton Schultz signed me.
Speaker 2: No, he did not.
Speaker 3: I about rent off the road yelling at my radio. That is not the reason Dalton Schultz signed with the Houston Texans. He signed because he got offered more money.
Speaker 5: And these guys were talking about that.
Speaker 2: He was on the franchise heat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then they didn't want to give him the money and they weren't given them more next year. Right, So some of that guy, these guys were saying, yeah, when they go from to their position and meetings, they had to walk through tours.
Speaker 3: The tours don't go where.
Speaker 2: So this lady started this was her idea.
Speaker 3: Remember back in the nineties or in the eighties in your case, when at Valley Ranch in the locker room, yeah, I mean it was a zoo in the locker room back then, and at Valley Ranch there would be guys, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: There was a number of people in close quarters in the locker.
Speaker 2: Room let the ladies in, so you really had to be careful.
Speaker 5: It was jewelry man back in the nineties, right, selling jewelry during the open locker room.
Speaker 4: Vernon Wells had his arm Vernon Wells selling eighties.
Speaker 2: I mean we.
Speaker 3: Literally as members of the media, I remember this where we would go. The locker room was open on a Monday after a game starting at nine am, and we would sit there and wait for guys.
Speaker 2: To come in back.
Speaker 4: And we parked in the parking lot right next to ever have any room in that.
Speaker 5: There was a tailor selling men'swear in there, and the guy that was catering food at Thanksgiving would take orders for smoked and fried turkeys in the locker room, and they were great, by the.
Speaker 2: Way I bought it.
Speaker 3: And now the Cowboys are in a facility as big as a shopping mall, and the doers are a distraction, I'm sorry, and some no distraction.
Speaker 5: Somehow they won three out of four Super Bowls, five consecutive winning seasons, by the way, four straight NFC title games, and they weren't distracted. But they also had from nineteen ninety one through ninety six fifty one Pro Bowl guys, not but invitations, right, yes, fifty one. You think maybe that had something to do with the sequent that.
Speaker 2: We thrived on that which if it wasn't chaotic around the the locker room, then we were doing something wrong.
Speaker 5: So when I was walking, I think about it.
Speaker 3: About nineteen ninety six is when they closed the doors where the media only can come in there every forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: That's what they need to do open season in the locker room.
Speaker 5: If you remember, when we got to Valley Ranch, the three newspapers had an office right there by the door where the players walked in, and I would know if somebody left on crutches, right, I'd leave.
Speaker 4: This sounds like a mixshot.
Speaker 5: It's just so bogus, just ridiculous. You can't concentrate because somebody like walk by. You are you kidding me? I could think when I was at the paper and We're covering the MAVs game, sit in court side, right, eighteen thousand people screaming at the end of a game, and I'm trying to write on deadline, and I got to just have the story done and then plug in the score. Right. You think if I didn't write a good story, I'm going to go and say, well, you know, I was distracted. These people were making a lot of noise while I was trying to write. They're playing football, give me a break. It was the lamest thing I think I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I was very surprised this week. This week it came up somewhere and I'm like, wow, Now, if you want.
Speaker 5: To write a story, if you want to write a story and talk about how the cowboys are making money handover fists with the fine right.
Speaker 2: People want to come either, that's not news either, And.
Speaker 5: Then to try to say This is the reason why the Cowboys are struggling and the players, these guys that are bitter because they're not here anymore. Give me a break.
Speaker 2: This is this is status quo for the Cowboys. We're gonna have people around, You're gonna have media around, You're gonna have fans around. That's why, that's why you're the number one sports franchise in the world, because of tours like.
Speaker 5: That and because of all this. There's a reason why these former players are on TV right now, right, thank you. Everybody knows who they.
Speaker 4: Are, okay, which leads us to this. As we closeup this edition.
Speaker 5: One more one more so, there's a headline in the San Francisco c.
Speaker 4: Have to go take a segment for the Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Hey, who cares, We got a mixed shot. Go away.
Speaker 4: If you don't want to keep talking, let me go ahead.
Speaker 5: Just finish here. There's a headline in the San Francisco Chronicle. It was a calmness and it said, uh, forty Cowboys getting ready for forty nine ers game. They are a train wreck and tried to use this story and what Jerry did on the radio the week before as.
Speaker 2: This is a train let's see how people are jumping on this as legitimate. Yes, it sounds silly from the outside and it is silly.
Speaker 3: So for them to getting asked about it in press conferences, I mean what he's saying, well, asked about Jerry Comedys and all that happened.
Speaker 5: If people know about it. Because when I was coming here, I had to walk through the tour that Eric sham Brad's brother was doing, and he had said something to me. I said, hey, knock it off. I got to concentrate. I got a podcast, and they all started laughing.
Speaker 3: All right, now we close with this because you brought up or I brought up Dicky Magle. Okay, he ran ninety five yards for a touchdown. Tommy Lewis came off the bench your Alabama and tackle Edam and he got rewarded the ninety five yard touchdown. You asked the question, did Dicky Magle ever do anything?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, in that particular game, Dicky Magle ran for two hundred and sixty five yards in three touchdowns, which was a Cotton Bowl Classic record.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: That was the nineteen fifty four Cotton Bowl. In nineteen fifty five, Dicky Magle made the Pro Bowl for the San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: Wait brings us back to.
Speaker 3: And my research shows Dicky Magle finished his in a FL career with what team, Dallas Cowboys. So he was the first player in NFL history to play for both the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: And there you have it, Thursday edition unveiled. Okay, we brought it.
Speaker 3: We tied it all together right there at the end, and I gotta go take a segment if y'all want to continue talking. Y'all want to continue talking, continue, But I got other things, more important things.
Speaker 2: We'll see it.
Speaker 5: Dicky Magles in the roster here, and he's not.
Speaker 2: That's how long ago we're saying Wikipedia is not right. Yeah, yeah, we're going to put a pin on that verification.
Speaker 5: Maybe he spells his name different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's O A M A E or m O E. Either way, m O maybe gotta go.
Speaker 5: By nineteen sixty, it has been
Speaker 1: A production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com, the Dallas Cowboys Football clubby