Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty Armstrong and jet Katy and no Key Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 2: Live from the studio scene see Senor a Dearly let room deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and Jetty Peet Communications Compound.
Speaker 1: It's a day on a decade.
Speaker 2: Nesday, on a Monday, brand new weekday after Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: We're under the tutelage of our general.
Speaker 3: Manager, China, our beloved trading partner de couple.
Speaker 1: I could never do couple with you. I love you. Who's a schmoovie? You hang up?
Speaker 2: We've got five to seven major stories happening at the same time, with updates pretty much happening on a moment by moment basis. I don't know which one you consider the biggest one, but the fact that China and the United Hey.
Speaker 1: Go out and buy pencils today like they're free.
Speaker 2: This is what I'm gonna do, because we all write with pencils all day long. Every other word, I'm gonna toss a pencil in the trash. That's how cheap pencils are gonna be again.
Speaker 3: Right, the old dollars, dolls, dolls for everyone.
Speaker 2: Thirty to your kid wants thirty dollars for Christmas, get them thirty dollars for fourth of July, thirty.
Speaker 1: More for Christmas. That's right. So good times are back. Good times are back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the boats both countries are gonna go back down to about ten.
Speaker 1: Percent, uh and just a.
Speaker 3: Little extra because that whole fentanyl thing on Chinese imports. But that it's a huge decline from the giant one hundred and twenty five percent that existed for a handful of days, or.
Speaker 2: One hundred and forty five percent. And they and so and they claim this is going to be a ninety day pause. I think it'll be for for the rest of our foreseeable future.
Speaker 1: They'll they'll never they won't go back to this and be my guest.
Speaker 2: And so there that's over history, and the markets will decide. I guess if that was we got anything out of that, if that was a good a deer not. So you got that whole story now and Trump's headed to the Middle East. To me, this is the most just interesting story. Freaking Zelensky is gonna meet face to face with Putin. Well, if Putin shows up, which I can't even imagine the dynamic on that whole thing, sickening to even consider. I don't know, I don't know how you could. I don't know how you could sit there and look at that guy. Uh Anyway, more on that later, because that's gonna happen. Trump worked out and Jade Vance and Marco Rubio worked out some sort of at least temporary cease fire with Indian Pakistan that held over the weekend, and she got that story. P Diddy trial kicks off likely today with one of the key most key witnesses now can't be found, has disappeared. What wait a minute, I saw that. I just saw that story, and the judge is actually talking about maybe pausing for a bit.
Speaker 1: To try to figure out where the key witness is.
Speaker 3: Soo, that'sh The only clue is a trail of baby oil leading out of town.
Speaker 2: Or I don't know, it's probably probably the old uh gold silver or lead threat.
Speaker 3: Right, I wonder, I wonder, yeah, boy ugliness, By the way, I don't think that the Zelenski Puttin meeting is going to take place, which she'll be a big story in itself.
Speaker 2: Right, And then you got Hamas announced they're going to give back the last living American hostage.
Speaker 1: They're trying to buy some time or something.
Speaker 2: You still got to you got a deadline coming with a bombing the crap out of Iran. And Trump said Middle East, he will be in Saudi Arabia tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Uh, that is correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And there's some uh, there's growing controversy over some of the Trump families business dealings in the Middle East, as they are raking an enormous sums of money from some of the various oil chiekdoms that are seeking to influence American foreign policy.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not a fan of it. So you want it, so you want to come on.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris. That's correct. Yes, yes, I'm backing Gavin Newsom in twenty eight. Now, I'm just telling you that the buzz is growing because it's uh, it doesn't look great.
Speaker 2: Well Trump, it looks like is going to accept that plane from Qatar that he'll then keep after he's done being president or something.
Speaker 1: That whole story. Oh, that's what's been proposed.
Speaker 3: It's not by any means a done deal, and it's it's it definitely has the appearance of impropriety. Particularly because and sorry, you know, to hardcore Trump fans, you know, all I have is my principles.
Speaker 1: I'd lost my good looks.
Speaker 3: My athletic career as such as it was, is in the dust bit of history.
Speaker 1: All I have is my poor principles.
Speaker 3: And I've been hammering the Biden administration, the Biden family, i should say, for the fuzzy at best influenced, pedaling looking activities, and this does not look good and the whole cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Thing at all.
Speaker 2: So the stock market is surging on the news of the tariff war being over, which is not surprising because that gives us some certainty.
Speaker 3: And in fact, the yeah, that's right, it is moving upward. This is our makeup sex with China. It looked like maybe we're completely on the outs, and now we are back and stronger than ever. We both learned something, we both realized what we could have lost, and it is assionate.
Speaker 1: Our love might even be stronger.
Speaker 2: Oh good, So do you have any have you come across any like good analysis of did we get something that the world?
Speaker 1: Did the United States get anything.
Speaker 2: Out of this little dust up? And now the pause, which I think is going to be the resolution was it a waste of time? Was something accomplished? Do you have the idea, any concept? The time will tell, That's what I was saying.
Speaker 3: There's also I mean, my gosh, the trade relationship with China and the the existing tariffs during the ninety days take a couple of minutes to explain. Now if you couple that with how about the rest of the world that we haven't yet finished trade deals with?
Speaker 1: What's what's the status of that?
Speaker 3: Do we still have some sort of highish punitivish tariffs on our friends and allies?
Speaker 1: What's what's up with Canada and Mexico.
Speaker 3: I don't you need like a running tote board status, you know, the update board of what's going on with all this stuff?
Speaker 1: So I have no idea how to answer your question. Did everybody call their moms?
Speaker 2: And or if you are a mom, spend a little time with your kids and have a good Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: I hope everybody did call the moms text letter. I thought fondly of my mom, God bless her days. I do every day. Woulde we made mom dinner? Actually we've did a little barbecue and fantas asparagus and all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have the situation I often point out, I am envous of where everybody lives in the same area and you get together for stuff like this, which is awesome. I made different life choices and nobody ever sees anybody. Do you have any nar to well siblings that you speak ill of? Well, the family's gathered, Michael, that sounds and.
Speaker 1: John, we actually all get along pretty well. Okay, that's very wholesome. That's beautiful. I love that intastic.
Speaker 2: Both my brothers did go to visit my mom and they went out to eat, and I understand my younger brother ate way too much and was feeling awful at the end of it. My dad could not finish his steak, so my brother, having finished his own meal and feeling too much, one had finished Dad's steak so it wouldn't go to waste, and then was really really suffering.
Speaker 3: I swear, you know how some people do the twenty three and meters and find out they're at eight percent Cherokee. Your family has lion in it. I don't know exactly how that worked. Back in the day, some lion crept in the hen house, and an influence of the family's genetic code at some.
Speaker 2: Point the whole better for me to feel miserable than to let this go to waste. Is an interesting, uh, an interesting angle, but I've been many times in my life. Anyway, here's Jack's great granddad, Simba. So we'll look for any results in the stock market.
Speaker 1: I guess it looks like the for instance, the S.
Speaker 2: And P could be in a better spot today than it was on Liberation Day.
Speaker 1: So it's a win. It's gone up.
Speaker 3: It's a little fatiguing, I think everybody. And there are a couple of different topics that this could describe, not just you know, tariffs and economics in the stock market and that sort of thing. The Trump experience is an is a fatiguing experience.
Speaker 1: Well, a pencil in every dollhouse. That's what he ran on. And uh, it looks like it's beautiful, I so.
Speaker 2: Trump said, or quite the meeting over the weekend. If you're a fall on this at.
Speaker 1: All, I did. I thought it was something there in Kiev.
Speaker 2: You had macrona France, you had Mertz of Germany, you had the guy from Poland, and then you got what's his name, starmer from England. All got there, the leaders of all those major European countries got there together with Zelensky in Kiev to show solidarity, and there's announcement that there needed to be a cease fire, and Trump got on truth social they actually so they have a big meeting. They get done with the meeting at seven o'clock in the morning. It was earlier than that DC time, early DC time. They said, we got to call Trump. So they got Trump on the phone somehow and got on a video call with him and talked to him about what they had just discussed, and then Trump truthed out there needs to be a ceasefire. He Vladimir, there's got to be a ceasefire. And then there was some back and forth where on how they could get together. Lensky said he wouldn't meet. Trump said you gotta meet, so Zelensky immediately responded by I will meet.
Speaker 1: I'll be there. I'll be in Turkey. I'll be there.
Speaker 2: How about you Putin? So now it's up to whether Putin shows up or not. I can't imagine the human dynamic of that. I don't see how you could possibly sit there and keep any composure sitting across from that guy, because he always does the smartass routine. Yeah, him doing him doing the smart ass smirk when you've you know, held dead babies and everything else over the last three years.
Speaker 1: Would be impossible to sit there with that guy. But Zelensky says he's going to show up.
Speaker 3: Well, to his credit as a negotiator, he's just trying to make it infinitely clear that the obstacle to peace is clearly Russia. Putin will not play into that, I don't think, really skeptical.
Speaker 1: No, he won't.
Speaker 3: Noah, if I'm wrong, I will say so. But he a is loathed to be manipulated, slash bullied, pushed in any way. And I don't think he likes the dynamic of it really, And I don't think he wants to leave Russia either. I mean, they're uncomfortably close with Turkey, are NATO ally one of the weirdest frenemy.
Speaker 1: Ships in the history of nation states. But no, he doesn't want to leave Russia.
Speaker 2: Wow, But well, I got more thoughts on that why I think he might want to show up, But we better start the show officially. I'm Jack Now, I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, made the twelfth year twenty twenty five or armstrong in getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 3: All right, let's begin sorting through the madness trying to figure it out precisely according to FCC rules and regulations.
Speaker 1: The show starts at mark.
Speaker 3: Before ducklings rescued from a sewer drain in northern California, Firefighters jumping into action after the mother duck quacked.
Speaker 1: For somebody to help.
Speaker 4: Mama ended up reunited with her babies just in time for Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice, heay to have little ducklings swept down the sore on mothers back to you.
Speaker 2: So the baby ducks did not die in the sewer drain on Mother's Day, Jim, I.
Speaker 3: Don't mind sweet and sentimental. I'm a sentimental guy. But that was too much. Oh that's great, that is great. Oh that's fantastic. We'll have to read visit that later.
Speaker 2: I spent three hours with the doctor on a Saturday afternoon. I am now on eight medications, count them eight for this walking whooping cough.
Speaker 3: Wow, do not get whooping cough. No, I'd prefer not to get your update. Actually, I said to a doctor. One point, I said, Jesus this is horrible, he said, that's why we have a vaccine for it. Anyway, maybe I'll give you some news you can use on that coming up. We got Katie's headlines, We got lots to and all those big stories developing as we speak in more DUTs to rescue.
Speaker 1: So stay here.
Speaker 2: I knew I left out one of the major stories before he jumps on the plane to the Middle East. This morning, Trump is going to sign in an executive order lowering prescription drug prices. He tried this first term, the court stopped it. They might do it again, but he's going to attempt that to day, a controversial move.
Speaker 1: Jack. More on that topic to come.
Speaker 3: Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green Katie, what's happening?
Speaker 4: Well, it seems to be the top story everywhere, but from the hill, US and China pausing most steep, steep tariff hikes.
Speaker 1: For ninety days. It's a huge deal.
Speaker 2: It's going to go from one forty five to ten percent the tariff thing.
Speaker 1: So no, it's gonna be a lot less.
Speaker 3: He's still keeping in place the twenty percent China is in the fentanyl trade tariffs, but the reciprocal tariff on top of that will go from one hundred and twenty five to ten percent, yielding a net thirty percent tariff.
Speaker 4: For ABC Israel to pause Gaza fighting ahead of US hostage a don Alexander's release by Hamas.
Speaker 1: What is Hamas up to? Ah? Yeah, it's this is controversial too.
Speaker 3: It's really interesting the reactions from the left and right in Israel. The left saying no, you gotta have a master deal for all the hostages that ends the war, and the rights saying no, they're just buying more time.
Speaker 1: This is a Hamas maneuver. It's a scam. Don't fall for it.
Speaker 4: Right from Breitbart, Dan Bongino says the FBI will be releasing files on COVID cover up, mar A Lago raid, Epstein case, and more.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember what's Dan Bongino doing now, secret service director?
Speaker 1: What does he hint? Remember?
Speaker 2: You got named something assistant FBI directors that he's working under Cash Betel.
Speaker 1: That's right, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 4: This one from USA today, A threat from flesh eating maggots forced the United States to suspend all live cattle imports through Mexico. They're known as the New world screwworm.
Speaker 3: Flesh eating maggots, as if flesh eating maggot isn't a good enough Yeah, you've got a nickname.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 2: The fact that I got whooping cough factors into a lot of too many things coming across the Mexican border that we aren't being careful about.
Speaker 1: More on that later. Oh my.
Speaker 4: From the New York Post special Mother's Day gift trend for the ages moms and kids getting matching tattoos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh boy ah, that's sweet.
Speaker 3: Maybe you have little ducklings if you've been left snicked for a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Jesus from the Free Beacon.
Speaker 4: Eleven percent of Columbia Library arrestees identify as they them And if I may share the three words of this article, it's a theytea.
Speaker 1: Fata they like it.
Speaker 3: Wow, a bunch of confused would be radicals.
Speaker 1: It all fits in back to yea.
Speaker 4: And finally, the Babylon b JD Vance already making plans to kill the new pope.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, that's scirlous, that's irresponsible.
Speaker 1: We got more on stories that are up being updated on a moment by moment basis that affect your life.
Speaker 3: Actually, do I think so, yeah, it is one of the wilder news days I've seen quite some time.
Speaker 1: I wish it would slow down. I'm fatigued from the weekend. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Halprin actually said he doesn't remember every day with this many big stories happening at one time.
Speaker 1: I don't know Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: I'm concerned about the whole airspace right the equipment that we use, much of it we can't buy parts for now.
Speaker 1: We have to go on eBay and buy parts.
Speaker 5: If one part goes down, you're dealing with really old equipment.
Speaker 1: We're dealing with of copper.
Speaker 5: Wires, not fiber, not high speed fiber. And so this is this is concerning.
Speaker 1: Is it safe.
Speaker 5: Yes, we have redundancies, multiple redundancies in place to keep you safe and you fly, but we should also recognize recine stress on an old network and it's time to fix it.
Speaker 2: So the Newark Airport crashed again over the weekend. It's the veryou stuff. That was the Transportation secretary in one of the shows yesterday saying they go on eBay to buy parts for this old equipment because you can't. It's not like you can go to Best Buy or something and get this stuff. Old sloppy disc.
Speaker 3: I would love to see a high school class required in every high school in America explaining how bureaucracies and government departments work and how it differs from the private sector, and how you end up with hilariously antiquated equipment and some of your most critical, you know, infrastructural departments. If you're all the vote of the American people, how important is it to have like good equipment and insane people in air traffic control? I don't think you'd get a lot of people saying, nah, we can let that slide. I mean, it's practically universally agreed upon to be important, and yet the standards are terrible. I think the people are generally good, but they're understaffed and using again, hilariously antiquated gear. It's just that's government. So the good news is well, you know, it was funny during the very brief and informative commercial break we've just gone through. I was thinking every news outlet, every damn one, and we could tack this onto the first amendment that went with don't look at your four oh one K or people shocked when looking at their four oh one K. Today is the market has lost seventy quinn trillion dollars of value. Jim, every single damn one of them ought to be compelled at gunpoint to have a headline today. Take a look at your four to one k Holy cow, it's through the roof all of a sudden, we're all wealthy.
Speaker 2: HeLa, hey la trump Is Jadis millions retiring at noon today after looking at their four to one case right.
Speaker 3: Exactly, yeah, yeah, every headline of those who were considering retiring are now looking at fifty more years of work until they're.
Speaker 1: Well into their one hundred and thirties.
Speaker 3: No, you are required to go with a hey, quit today, quit a noon, tell your boss deaf off. Speaking of which, the rapidly and shockingly changing relationship between employer and employee, the salad days of I would like this and that and this, and I want to work remotely four days out of five. That is so over plus shooting somebody insurance?
Speaker 1: Is it for you? What? Stay with us?
Speaker 3: So here's your story from the leading business publication in the world, Wall Street Journal. A few days ago would have seemed impossible, But on Monday, that's today, to the surprise of global investors in everyday businesses, fearing a trade war the US in the China. China not the China agreed to a truce. The world's two bigst economy is unwound for now, most of the tariffs they had imposed on each other since last month, and the tit for tat battle that was threatening to stoke US inflation, crash China's export engine, and up in the global economy. Stock markets all over the world are surging on the news. Your bond yields are just rosie today, and I'm sure everybody's pleased with that. And nobody expected this much to happen in the couple of days in Geneva, which looks lovely.
Speaker 1: I was watching some video. You ever been to Geneva?
Speaker 3: Looks fantastic. I never go anywhere and do anything, so clearly I haven't been. But the US agreed to lower the base level of tariffs on most goods the Chinese goods, to thirty percent from one hundred and forty five, while China said it would cut its levees on US products to ten percent from one hundred and twenty five. Because the whole fentanyl thing where we're hitting him with more. But wait, it's not as simple as that the US tariff on change.
Speaker 1: But wait, I just went on Amazon and bought six million pencils.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're fine on pencils unless they're steel pencils.
Speaker 1: Those tactical What do we learn about the other day? Tactical pens pens? Yeah, exactly. She can stab people to the neck, right right, I have one. It's awesome you stabbed anybody in the neck. Yet. No, but if I had to, I could something to look forward to.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Uh, the US tariff on many Chinese products will be higher than thirty percent. US duties on steel, aluminum, and autos remain in place, as do some earlier tariffs on certain Chinese goods imposed during Trump's first term and continued to buy Joey Biden.
Speaker 1: The modd it's current or it's the current doll tariff. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Washington Beijing agreed to keep the new tariff levels in place for ninety days with the goal of working toward a broader deal.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. So okay, super duper, who knows where that's going to go.
Speaker 3: Interesting the extent to which everybody stepped back from the cliff or put away their dueling gun or whatever metaphors.
Speaker 1: You expect the Stapen. I kind of expected the.
Speaker 3: Stappen repocketed their tactical pen Ah. Yes, I didn't think we're still be saying all along. I think a lot of this chaos was just posturing for better farer trade deal.
Speaker 1: I didn't think we're still going to be doing this by Christmas. You don't you think it'll all settle down by then.
Speaker 2: I think we're going to be right where we are. I think this ninety day pause will extend, just keep going. Yeah, they'll take her around the edges. Yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 3: So I had completely missed this story. I think everybody has. Have you ever heard of the Court of International Trade. It's an American court. The Trump administration's global tariffs faced their first major legal test this week. You remember the whole it's an emergency measure because we're an emergency, and the emergency's trade imbalance, which a lot of people say, that's not an emergency, that's.
Speaker 1: An accounting reality anyway.
Speaker 3: First major legal test this week, when a little known Manhattan court considers one of the president's most sweeping assertions executive power. A three judge panel at the Court of International trade. Well, here are arguments tomorrow Tuesday on whether to halt the levies which have unleashed a trade war blah blah blah upon the global economy. YadA, YadA, YadA. The Federal Court, which has nationwide jurisdiction over tariff and trade disputes, operates for the most part and obscurity, rarely garnering a mention in major publications and staying off the radar of most attorneys. And one guy who who argues in front of it now and again he specializes in it, says most lawyers will get out of law school without knowing that it exists.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of it in my life. For if I had, I'd promptly forgotten about it.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing they're not getting near as much attention as the Diddy trial. Nothing going on in New York between the two courts working in the same.
Speaker 3: Day, gratefully, so you want to hear the most interesting thing I learned about the Didty trial. Why that video is important my highest profile trial in twenty years. They're saying, by from like a media stand point, like people having attention blocks blocks, long lines of people trying to get in. Oh, yeah, I don't doubt it. And you said one of the key witnesses is disappeared. Yes, like the authorities are saying there's disappeared or maybe they've gone to ground is to stay safe.
Speaker 1: You find the headline I got on this umm.
Speaker 2: Fed Sean Didtycomb's case in dangerous key witness remains a wall on the eve of the NYC trial.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was on News Nation. Yeah.
Speaker 3: More it's another orgies and tariffs Monday. We'll get back to the tariffs in a minute. Here's the most interesting thing I've learned about the Diddy trial. Seriously, the reason that video of Ditty beating and kicking his ex girlfriend in the hotel is so important. Not only does it establish that he's capable of physical violence and.
Speaker 2: Mortality is you're either that kind of guy or you're not. Most of us could never ever do that under any circumstances.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, uh. She was actually trying to flee a freak off. And more importantly, prosecutors say they have difficulty convincing juries that are often good and decent people, but in my experience, also often soft heads who lack wisdom and ability to think critically. Sorry, it's just been my experience. They have difficulty convincing jurors that people are capable of brutality over a long period to keep everybody in line through threats and brutality.
Speaker 1: They have such a.
Speaker 3: Hard time picturing somebody being that cruel and indifferent to human suffering. You've got to show them people being brutal.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw one pre so today's the big dang court. They think they're gonna be like getting going, and the descriptions of the freak offs, they say, are going to be one of the big early moments. That's gonna be a lot of it, just describing what a freak cough is, what they look like from people that were there, and it's going to be pretty.
Speaker 3: Crazy, including the whole involuntary aspect of it, I would imagine.
Speaker 2: And of course the argument from Colmbs is is youre adults having a good time willingly.
Speaker 1: I didn't make anybody do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, the witnesses may say otherwise should be interesting to follow and like gross and horrifying.
Speaker 1: And somewhat sexy at times.
Speaker 2: But if one of the best witnesses disappeared, that's going to be a problem.
Speaker 3: Hi Kramba, all right, So one more note on the tariffs in this tariffs Monday.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious, A little in with your yang. Uh where was I?
Speaker 3: Oh, so this incredibly obscure court that nobody knows exists. Uh, there is a lawsuit brought by a New York based wine importer, Vos Selections, and four other small businesses. Is say Trump doesn't have the authority to impose the tariffs at all. Other challenges have been filed in the court and in federal districts around the country, but the Vos case is front and center so far. And I can tell you more about the court, but you probably don't care. Recent cases have focused on topics, fascinating topics like fish oil imports, mattresses from Vietnam, and phosphate fertilizers from Morocco.
Speaker 2: See I never you almost went to law school. I never really considered going to law school. But that'd be my fears. If I ended up a lawyer, I'd be doing something like that every day the rest of my life, working for fish oil, import tariff law or something.
Speaker 1: And I just want to hang myself.
Speaker 3: Well, although I think the field of law, and my kid is going through law school right now. In fact, she's in the UK during a doing a what do you call it a study a broad thing for a month.
Speaker 1: I'm so jealous and happy for her.
Speaker 3: But anyway, they're learning about the UK laws and constitution, how it differs, and law enforcement techniques.
Speaker 1: Blah blahlah. Sounds fantastic.
Speaker 3: But anyway, one thing I've learned is you find your way to that area of law which tends to suit you, not only through law school and internships, but as you get out into the world. There are a number of different areas most law firms a big and small deal with And hey, you've got a passion for fish oil, especially imported fish oil, and you end up doing that.
Speaker 2: My standard for keeping my interest is probably at freak off or above.
Speaker 1: Anything below that. I'm like, that sounds boring.
Speaker 3: Son, I'm not sure you're cut out to be an attorney. Correct, Why do you have that noose? Well, another day of fish oil litigation.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, international fish oil terraff litigation. Oh my god, I'm gonna need you to spend about the next three years of your life digging into the intricracies of this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well again, that's why you do this. It's fine, it worked out. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: Don't don't wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat dreaming that you're a fish oil import attorney. It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it hurts my heart to think about it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, you know I've told the story many times. I'll give you the extremely short version because we need to get mail bag and freedom. Let me go to the day I thought I was going to become an attorney, and my dad said, yes, you should shadow my friend who was an attorney. Lovely guy at all, but he was a tax attorney. And God bless people who do that. We have friends of the show who do that. I thought, much like you, Jack, no, I will, I will seek out a noose after about six weeks my life would have changed fundamentally, And my lack of imagination shocks me to this day. But if I had been shadowing a prosecutor or something like that, my life probably would have changed fundamentally.
Speaker 1: But and that weird.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, maybe not, maybe not. The law that looks like a lot of paperwork. And that's the one thing I'm bad at.
Speaker 2: The various decisions a person makes in their life. And how different things could be, especially in your youth. Obviously, Yeah, you decide not to go to that party Friday night where you meet the person you marry and stay with the rest of your life, or.
Speaker 1: That sort of thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just oh, we got mail bag on the way, lots of stuff.
Speaker 1: Stay here.
Speaker 2: An AI video floating around over the weekend that showed Macron pocketing a bag of cocaine, sitting at a desk with the leaders of Germany and England and Zelensky, and Zelensky's a well known drug dealer and this is all about cocaine or some bs. Anyway, it got traction, as everything does that, among other things. An hour two Wow, Wow, what is real?
Speaker 3: Does anybody know? Can anybody tell me that's not? Here's your freedom living quota of today. This comes from famous twentieth century author Frank Herbert, who Jack please forgive him wrote Doune freaking Doune.
Speaker 1: Oh boy. I had to read that in college.
Speaker 2: All the great books I could have written read in college, like for the top English class I ever took, and I had to read flipping done.
Speaker 3: So visionary, so intriguing, so filled with giant worms.
Speaker 1: Done brilliant masterpiece.
Speaker 3: Here's what he said, seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's good. I like that quote.
Speaker 3: See freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty. That's interesting thought. There's a lot of truth to that mail bag. I feel free to drop us a note now and again. Mail Bag at armstrong in Geddy dot com is the email of just mail bag at Armstrong and giddy dot com. Mike Rights and celebration of Mother's Day, I thought id share the best advice materially departed mother ever gave me. During my early elementary school days. I was relaying the day's juicy playground drama. She interrupted me to say, now, listen, this is important. Never believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see. This will help to keep people from making you look foolish. This advice is serve me well through the ears. Half of what you read, half of what you see. You only believe half of what you see. The mailman didn't just walk across the yard, no way. Mom was prescient. She saw deep fake videos coming. Yeah, we could talk about that at length. If we wanted to.
Speaker 1: But let's move on.
Speaker 3: Ryan from Houston, Dear Big Freedom and Whooping Jack. The old saying is that the US is national laws, not men, but at least in the political realm, now it's the nation of political stunts and not laws or men. Nobody wants to work on passing laws. They just want to get publicity with more stunts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an underappreciated thing. We've talked about it. But at some point Congress will have to reappear.
Speaker 3: Yes, you would think a nice note here from Adam. You're having a conversation about chat GPT, and like normal, Jack was afraid of what AI could do to society. Want to give you a different perspective that after listening to the show, I call him my twenty year old son who's in college currently studying the STEM fields. I wondered about his experience and if kids were using it. When I asked his response, it surprised me. He told me it's the greatest studying tool he ever had been able to feed his digital physics textbook into chat GPT and then ask it to help him study. It summarizes chapters and creates study questions for him. Them checks his work, said he's learning faster. Never before has the premium version. When I asked if kids could use a cheat, his response made me proud. I mean, I guess it would be a waste of time and stupid. Seems to be AI may be helping to help kids not hurt themselves, at least academic. Well that's yeah, Adam, I I have specific and extensive examples in the other directions.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a fancy pants version of your only hurting yourself.
Speaker 3: Logan writes this just writing to say thank you sincerely for encouraging me to play around with AI over the weekend. I gave chat GP a try, and wow life changing. At first, it was innocent enough, a few questions here and there, little help writing an email or recipe suggestion.
Speaker 1: Then it got deeper.
Speaker 3: It listened, I asked follow up questions, It complimented me, it loved me, and before I knew it, everything had changed. I've since left the love of my life, explained to the kids that daddy needs to find himself, and moved to a tropical island with nothing but my phone, a hammock and chat GPT.
Speaker 1: We are very happy.
Speaker 3: I gotta cut it off. I got to cut it off there. Everything I just read was written by AI. He gave it prompts to write that, and it did. Sincerely, Logan, that is weird.
Speaker 2: I've got an example of AI failing me horribly over the weekend in a way that we all need to watch out for.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that later, I guess. Yes.
Speaker 3: How about this from SSI freequent correspondent caught up on some of your podcasts over the weekend. As it's been from the first TERRFF announcements by Trump, you just can't wait for it to fail. Apparently you're hell bent on the US capitulating to China and farming out every job left to them. We'll just be owned by China one percent. You're okay with it, yes, exactly, although I was what's your genius idea to stop China from taking over the world?
Speaker 1: Right? That's right.
Speaker 3: Anytime we ever point out a problem with the policy or the way it's implemented, it's because we're rooting for failure and we're revealing our true colors as harshly partisan, ideological maniact.
Speaker 1: You're right, We've seen through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ask chat GPT about Marxism The response was wanting, we'll get to that, maybe an hour or two.
Speaker 1: Of them A Levenhood, Armstrong and Getty